NATION

PASSWORD

[NSTT] 2016 Astyrian Slam - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

[NSTT] 2016 Astyrian Slam - Everything Thread

Postby Costa de Ouro » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Welcome to the Astyrian Slam!
  • Played in Carigrad, Nikolia on red clay
  • NSTT Grand Slam
  • Offers up to 2,000 points, singles and doubles
  • Main draw: 128 singles, 64 doubles
  • Qualifying Draw: 32 singles, 8 groups of 4 (winner advances)
  • Scorinated by Costa de Ouro
  • Scorinated with xkoranate 0.3.3, tennis module, five sets for singles, 3 tiebreaker sets for doubles and qualification

Schedule
Sunday, March 20 - Qualification match 1 (singles)
Monday, March 21 - Qualification match 2 (singles)
Tuesday, March 22 - Qualification match 3 (singles), preliminary round (doubles)
Wednesday, March 23 - Round of 128, Day 1 (singles)
Thursday, March 24 - Round of 128, Day 2 (singles)
Friday, March 25 - Round of 64, Day 1 (singles & doubles)
Saturday, March 26 - Round of 64, Day 2 (singles & doubles)
Sunday, March 27 - Round of 32, Day 1 (singles & doubles)
Monday, March 28 - Round of 32, Day 2 (singles & doubles)
Tuesday, March 29 - Round of 16, Day 1 (singles & doubles)
Wednesday, March 30 - Round of 16, Day 2 (singles & doubles)
Thursday, March 31 - Quarterfinals, Day 1 (singles & doubles)
Friday, April 1 - Quarterfinals, Day 2 (singles & doubles)
Saturday, April 2 - Semifinals (singles & doubles)
Sunday, April 3 - Final (singles & doubles)

Let the RPing begin!
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Singles Draw

Singles Qualification Draw
Group 1
Ethelbert Dane (SSA)
Vera di Santos (KWP)
Gary Forcen (ETN)
María Sambueza (SJG)

Group 2
Heinrich Bach (SSA)
Marc Lindstrom (SJG)
Miloslaw Jaskulski (NIK)
Danny Deejah (JES)

Group 3
Bilaal Bilclough (EFL)
Staci Harris (KWP)
Nikola Stankic (NIK)
Jerry Strand (SSA)

Group 4
Pryce Cormac (FCF)
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU)
Ben Booitay (JES)
Vilhelm Irvin (SSA)

Group 5
Karla Márquez (SJG)
Meaghan Sharples (EFL)
Arnold Geiszler (SSA)
Vedran Bukoski (NIK)

Group 6
Jeff Jubbayo (JES)
Magdalena Chlebek (NIK)
Vilma Paredes (SJG)
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)

Group 7
Linda Santamaría (SJG)
Flannán Dorit (FCF)
Jarred Förstner (SSA)
Davor Kneževic (NIK)

Group 8
Aleksander Nye (SSA)
Andy Adouiaa (JES)
Renee Richardson (KWP)
Weronika Smolák (NIK)

Doubles Draw
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:52 pm

One of the oldest cities in this part of Astyria, in heart of Nikolia, on the confluence of Dunav and Vizelj rivers lies Carigrad, the capital of the Kingdom of Nikolia.
The city itself was built in traditional Nikolian urban style, with many buildings dating back from 16th to 19th century.

Transportation
Carigrad is served by four international airports (Tsar Konstantin (CKX), St. Nicholas (SNI), Queen Viktorija (KVX) and Aleksandar Katić (AKA)) which are all connected by bus or metro. All airports provide free Wi-Fi connections for the passengers and they have several lounges and restaurants. The airports are connected to the city by bus and metro lines, and as well with taxis.
Public transportation within Carigrad is very developed and it is main way of transportation for many Carigraders. There are 205 bus lines with nearly 2,000 relatively new vehicles all fitted with free Wi-Fi and air conditioning. Apart from buses, the city public transportation department operates trams and mini-buses. The underground way of transportation - metro is also present in Carigrad with 5 lines spawning across the city connecting vital parts of the city and with metro stations close to famous landmarks.
Public transportation fares:
Bus, tram: 1.5 NKD for 90min
Metro: 2 NKD for 90min
Sightseeing
Carigrad is culturally rich city with many famous historical sites around the city. The city has 124 museums, 45 galleries and nearly 200 monuments all over the city, which gave this city a nickname: "Museum-City". One of the famous places in Carigrad, and the central part of it is the Historical Centre, also known as the Old Town (sr.Стари Град), which has been placed in the ARCHO heritage list in 1992. The main part of the Old Town is the King's Square, 50,000 square meter central square.
WIP
Last edited by Nikolia on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:00 am

Back to Astyria
Carigrad, Nikolia

After reorganization that faced by Pemecutan Tennis Federation which lead to the miss out of Pemecutanian tennis players during the Astyrian Series, now Pemecutanian players will be comeback for its first tournament in 2016. In this year tournament, Pemecutan also welcomed new players that decided to go pro by entering Astyrian Slam. They are Komang Agus Artawan and Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi in singles and also Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani and Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi in double. This new players were former amateur players that gain fame in Pemectuan Domestic Series during 2015 season. And in 2016 with the encouragement of Pemecutan Tennis Federation, they enter professional tennis stage.

Pemecutan entered 10 singles and 6 doubles in 2016 Astyrian Slam. Notable named such as Dewa Putu Adrian Putra, Ngurah Putra Muliawan and double, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati has ready to begin their NSTT year.

As newcomer, both Komang Agus Artawan and Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi has to enter Astyrian Slam through Qualification Round. Komang Agus Artawan joined Group 4 with Pryce Cormac (FCF), Ben Booitay (JES) and Vilhelm Irvin (SSA). While Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi is in Group 6 together with Jeff Jubbayo (JES), Magdalena Chlebek (NIK) and Vilma Paredes (SJG). They both have to finished first in their respected group in order to advance to the Main Round.

In double competition, Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani and Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi also have to entered from Qualification Round. The former will meet Mattias Hernandes/Dennis Romanov (SJG) while the latter will facing Newton Grey/Thomas Greene (ETN).
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014

Postby West Phoencia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:10 am

Renee Richardson, Vera di Santos and Staci Harris three top female players in the Confederate Kingdom of West Phoenicia faced another hurdle in their pursuit of Tennis glory with all three ladies having to go through the Qualification round.

The nation has high hopes for these women and for the other West Phoenicia players who have entered the 2016 Astyrian Slam.

Also in the tournament are Astyrian Slam Singles who have made it through to the first round.
1 .Con Towers 
2. Toan Wu Nguyen
3 Tariq Salmat
4. Jon Swanston

Also looking to make an impact are both doubles teams;

Doubles
1. Con Towers/ Vera di Santos
2. Tariq Salmat/ Staci Harris

Having dominated the West Phoenician Tennis Courts, they have now set their sights higher.
Last edited by West Phoencia on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jestoria
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jestoria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:11 am

JestorianSportNews

Andy Adouiaa, Ben Booitaay, Jeff Jubbayo and Danny Deejah - These are the four participants of the Astyrian Slam 2016, that are going to compete for Jestoria. We from JSN had the opportunity to ask them a few questions.

Good evening gentlemen. I have got some questions for you.

JJ: Umm, yeah. Go on.

How excited are you of the Astyrian Slam 2016?

DD: Oh, I'm very excited. Although we have to pass the qualifications, I get goosebumps just by thinking of it. I mean, just imagine the fact that, this will be a great tournament, in which athletes from many nations come together to find out who is the best. And I am one of the proud, who is going to present Jestoria.

Ben, you are in group 4 with Pryce Cormac (FCF), Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) and Vilhelm Irvin (SSA). Cormac is seen as one of the biggest favourites. How happy are you with your group?

BB: I think that I can be happy with the draw. Even if Cormac is in my group, I'll try to do my best and maybe beat him. Artawan and Irvin - looks like feasible task to me.

How are you going to prepare yourself for the tournament?

AA: Excuse me, but my coach sad to me I am not allowed to talk about my training. But what I can say, is that I'm going to train very very hard, so I'm going to be able to reach my goals.

What are your goals, Mr. Adouiaa?

AA: Of course to qualify for the next round, I think.

Okay thank you guys, good luck.

JJ: No problem, I hope we meet up again soon.
Last edited by Jestoria on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Nation, One Dream!

I sad please! But please, I'm begging you, don't click that ->http://www.nationstates.net/nation=jestoria/detail=factbook

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:13 pm

First cutoff of the Astyrian Slam!

---

Singles - Qualification Day 1
Group 1
Ethelbert Dane (SSA) 7 5 6
María Sambueza (SJG) 5 7 1

Vera di Santos (KWP) 7 1 4
Gary Forcen (ETN) 5 6 6

Group 1 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Ethelbert Dane 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
Gary Forcen 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 María Sambueza 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
Vera di Santos 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Group 2
Heinrich Bach (SSA) 2 3
Danny Deejah (JES) 6 6

Marc Lindstrom (SJG) 2 6 6
Miloslaw Jaskulski (NIK) 6 3 3

Group 2 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Danny Deejah 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Marc Lindstrom 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Miloslaw Jaskulski 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Heinrich Bach 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 3
Bilaal Bilclough (EFL) 7 6
Jerry Strand (SSA) 5 4

Staci Harris (KWP) 2 3
Nikola Stankic (NIK) 6 6

Group 3 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Bilaal Bilclough 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
Nikola Stankic 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Jerry Strand 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Staci Harris 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 4
Pryce Cormac (FCF) 7 6
Vilhelm Irvin (SSA) 5 4

Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 4 4
Ben Booitay (JES) 6 6

Group 4 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Ben Booitay 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
Pryce Cormac 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Komang Agus Artawan 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Vilhelm Irvin 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 5
Karla Márquez (SJG) 4 6 6
Vedran Bukoski (NIK) 6 3 7

Meaghan Sharples (EFL) 6 7
Arnold Geiszler (SSA) 3 6

Group 5 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Meaghan Sharples 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Vedran Bukoski 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Karla Márquez 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Arnold Geiszler 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 6
Jeff Jubbayo (JES) 6 2 6
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 2 6 0

Magdalena Chlebek (NIK) 6 6
Vilma Paredes (SJG) 3 4

Group 6 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Magdalena Chlebek 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Jeff Jubbayo 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Vilma Paredes 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 7
Linda Santamaría (SJG) 7 7
Davor Kneževic (NIK) 6 5

Flannán Dorit (FCF) 2 2
Jarred Förstner (SSA) 6 6

Group 7 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Jarred Förstner 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
Linda Santamaría 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Davor Kneževic 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Flannán Dorit 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group 8
Aleksander Nye (SSA) 4 5
Weronika Smolák (NIK) 6 7

Andy Adouiaa (JES) 6 2 6
Renee Richardson (KWP) 3 6 4

Group 8 Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 Weronika Smolák 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Andy Adouiaa 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Renee Richardson 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Aleksander Nye 1 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:03 am

With another new event in the world of tennis, the Ferret team was reassembled to go off and represent The Colony. Then with this event allowing more members on an overall team to compete, they decided to add in the Olympic side of the team that had been assembled before. Bringing the playing team up to twelve members, and the two managers to tag along. Another new place to see and thing to participate in, along with more friendly people to see and hopefully interact with. Still not holding much hope for a win, though two of them on the team did have a lot of luck before in other events, all they could do was continue to practice and hope for the best.

Euan and Asløg looked over the lists to see where their team's players would be, and both were thoroughly surprised to see how many of them would be guaranteed to at least play in the first round of the event. Even everyone on the team was surprised to hear about that when it was revealed to them too. Only Pryce and Flannán had to go through all the qualifiers on the Singles side and on the Doubles side they were all able to at least get into the first round. So for now it all came now to just the team cheering on the two in the qualifiers.

Though Alwyn did not forget the answer Ainsley gave to his question, and he was quick to bring it up again once they were all settled down for the most part in the new place that they would be staying in. Ainsley did not forget either, and found it rather amusing how interesting he had found seeing a medal was, considering that it was largely luck. Other than that it was also mostly introductions all around at the two team's merger into one team. And considering it was planned that they would probably be shuffled around during future events if they all managed to keep up the great work that they had been doing.

During the first round of the qualifiers Pryce had done a very good job, getting a solid win and a great start to the event. Flannán however did not do such a good job, losing the first game also pretty solidly. Continuing the mixed luck that they had all gotten during the past events, with a fifty fifty shot however, that was grand, since it could always have been worse. They also had a lot to see and to do, besides practice, which would prove interesting since there was even more of them to play against on their off time.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Cutoff for qualification day 2.

---

Singles - Qualification Day 2
Group 1
María Sambueza (SJG) 4 6 4
Gary Forcen (ETN) 6 3 6

Ethelbert Dane (SSA) 7 6
Vera di Santos (KWP) 5 0

1 Ethelbert Dane 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Gary Forcen 2 2 0 4 2 +2 6
3 María Sambueza 2 0 2 2 4 −2 0
4 Vera di Santos 2 0 2 1 4 −3 0

Group 2
Danny Deejah (JES) 7 2 6
Miloslaw Jaskulski (NIK) 5 6 4

Heinrich Bach (SSA) 6 6
Marc Lindstrom (SJG) 3 2

1 Danny Deejah 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Heinrich Bach 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
3 Marc Lindstrom 2 1 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Miloslaw Jaskulski 2 0 2 2 4 −2 0

Group 3
Jerry Strand (SSA) 2 3
Nikola Stankic (NIK) 6 6

Bilaal Bilclough (EFL) 6 6
Staci Harris (KWP) 4 4

1 Bilaal Bilclough 2 2 0 4 0 +4 6
Nikola Stankic 2 2 0 4 0 +4 6
3 Jerry Strand 2 0 2 0 4 −4 0
Staci Harris 2 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 4
Vilhelm Irvin (SSA) 0 6 6
Ben Booitay (JES) 6 4 1

Pryce Cormac (FCF) 6 0
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 7 6

1 Ben Booitay 2 1 1 3 2 +1 3
2 Komang Agus Artawan 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
3 Pryce Cormac 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
4 Vilhelm Irvin 2 1 1 2 3 −1 3

Group 5
Vedran Bukoski (NIK) 6 6
Arnold Geiszler (SSA) 4 3

Karla Márquez (SJG) 6 6
Meaghan Sharples (EFL) 4 3

1 Vedran Bukoski 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Karla Márquez 2 1 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Meaghan Sharples 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
4 Arnold Geiszler 2 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 6
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 5 6 7
Vilma Paredes (SJG) 7 2 5

Jeff Jubbayo (JES) 6 4 3
Magdalena Chlebek (NIK) 3 6 6

1 Magdalena Chlebek 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Jeff Jubbayo 2 1 1 3 3 0 3
3 Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi 2 1 1 3 3 0 3
4 Vilma Paredes 2 0 2 1 4 −3 0

Group 7
Davor Kneževic (NIK) 6 6
Jarred Förstner (SSA) 0 3

Linda Santamaría (SJG) 4 4
Flannán Dorit (FCF) 6 6

1 Davor Kneževic 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
Flannán Dorit 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
Jarred Förstner 2 1 1 2 2 0 3
Linda Santamaría 2 1 1 2 2 0 3

Group 8
Weronika Smolák (NIK) 6 7
Renee Richardson (KWP) 3 5

Aleksander Nye (SSA) 3 5
Andy Adouiaa (JES) 6 7

1 Weronika Smolák 2 2 0 4 0 +4 6
2 Andy Adouiaa 2 2 0 4 1 +3 6
3 Renee Richardson 2 0 2 1 4 −3 0
4 Aleksander Nye 2 0 2 0 4 −4 0
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Unpacking had proven a lot slower than they had thought it would take, they were all busy for the little amount of stuff they had brought with them. As long as they had their needed stuff to play in the games, the rest could wait a little longer before it too become needed to live a little more comfortable with each other. Spending most of the time now practicing for their games and swapping stories from home.

With the next round in the qualifiers dealt with, and the maintained fifty fifty chance of winning still holding true. With Pryce losing his game and Flannán winning hers. It all really came up to how they did in the third game to even hope if they had a chance or not. But even if they both lost, the team was considering themselves very lucky that as many of them got into the event as it had been.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Gary opened the door. Inside, the room was dark, black almost, and he could see only a faint outline in the corner. He crept towards it, wary of the creaking he could hear from all around him, in what appeared to be this derelict warehouse. To suggest he was not used to it though would be wrong. He had been here before. He had been here many a time. This was where all the shady deals took place, and he knew shady deals like he knew tennis.

''Welcome, Gary Forcen. I have been expecting you.'' The voice appeared to come from nowhere but everywhere. Gary attributed the voice to what seemed like a lone figure standing in the corner of the room, but the light was so dim that all he could see was a faint outline - not something to judge whether they are a person or not off.

''Hello. You ordered me here, my master. What is your quest for me at this time?'' He spoke as if he were speaking to a ghost or apparition, he could not see who he was speaking too. Glancing around nervously, he waited.

''It is expected that you know what I want. But first, you must dine with me. You cannot carry out your mission without some food in your stomach, can you now?''

''No, of course not, master.''

A small light flickered on, revealing a lone figure sitting on a wooden seat, with a table propped up in front of it, which held 2 plates of what appeared to be roast bugs. The person - if you could call it that - was about 6 feet tall, with red, fiery, hellish eyes, and a nose that seemed to be longer than Pinocchio's after lying 100 times. He was pale faced, as if he had no blood pumping through his body, and his nails curled up like on of those cheap fortune fish that come in christmas crackers does. The figure outstretched his arm, as if asking for a handshake. Gary met his hand with its. The creature shook ferociously, the clamp from the arms on Gary's arm feeling stronger than iron. Letting go, the creature then beckoned for Gary to sit down opposite him, in a chair which looked like it had been hand-carven by an experienced wood-sculpture. He sat down.

''Tuck in, the food is delicious!'' the figure sitting opposite him said, while grasping a large handful of the roast bugs, and shoving them down his throat like they were smarties. ''You can't miss out on these. Look, try to cockroach. I roasted these cockroaches especially for you. Or, another one I would suggest trying is the boiled worms. They're shaped like spaghetti, but they taste like worms, making them one of the best dishes in the multiverse. You gotta at least try one.''

Gary grimaced. He really wanted to try to weasel his way out of the hell-hole that this place seemed to be, but then he realised he was here for the better cause, for the religion, for the group. He picked up one of the boiled worms, shoving it down his throat, to the delight of the creature opposite him. He runbbed his stomach. ''yum'' he groaned, trying to hide his inner disgust at the revolting nature of this dish.

''Great. You like it! You can eat them all then. I don't want to be selfish and leave them all to me, so go ahead, eat some more.''

Gary moaned yet again, but quiet enough so not to upset the creature. He picked up another worm, shoving it into his throat, groaning as the worm inched down his throat, bit by bit, seeming to be torturing him to the extreme. ''Can we please get down to what I am here for.''

''Fine, I suppose.'' the creature replied, down-heartened at the disgrace his cooking was. ''Tennis. Nice tournament you have there, that you happen to be qualifying for through the matches. Next game is a big one right?''

''Its between the two top players in the group. I've never heard of Slashka though.''

''Whatever, go ahead with plan alpha-beta-alpha-2 though'' the creature snarled. He had really wanted the plan to go ahead against San Jose Guayabal, but this could not be done. He had to do it though, he had to get rid of them.

''So, would you mind telling me what 'alpha-beta-whatever-2' actually entails please?'' Gary replied, frustrated.

''You want to know what you have to do?''

''Well, blatantly, yes, otherwise I would not be here, would I?'' He facepalmed, before sighing, and waiting patiently for a reply.

About 5 minutes later, he received that reply. ''You have to detonate the bomb at the match tonight. You have to destroy the tennis courts, and the spectators.''
This is a religious sect in Ethane, and is not representative of the nation's views. The creature is their master, their Lord. If you don't mind them all dying then please go ahead with this (I hope), but if you would rather avoid this, then you can rp some way Gary got captured.
Last edited by Ethane on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:06 pm

San Jose Guayabal, many people while they see the name of nation think about: high standard of living, good wages, football, Rodolfo Zelaya, Sean Fraser, etc ... Seeing a tennis player from San José Guayabal may be surprising and can lead to the following question “Is tennis relevant in San José Guayabal?” Well, this series of editorials have reason to say yes, and for a change, tennis is not simply a nonexistent sport in San José Guayabal, in the framework of tennis in this nation there are things that were unknown until recently and that they can sound ridiculous but not the will discuss in this introductory paragraph, it would spoil the whole publishing, finally, begin analyzing the whole background tennis and the Guayabalense culture from the beginning.

To be honest, I can say that tennis is not the biggest sport in San Jose Guayabal but one that is itself quite important in the culture of San Jose Guayabal, not everybody plays it but anyway, it is a quite relevant sport, to the point say without fear of contradiction that is the third largest sport in San José Guayabal, behind the auto racing and of course, football, tennis in San José Guayabal is seen as entertainment for families of lower middle class onwards if we refer to social strata that exist in our nation (I do this with intention to clarify, because what I am doing is frowned upon in San José Guayabal... do not classify people into classes) as something to do on Saturday morning friends or any of the tournaments that perform almost all tennis clubs there throughout the nation, a sport that is characterized as more a hobby than something professional, like sports where you can enroll your child during their school holidays, we look under the "white sport."

To begin, tennis arrived in San José Guayabal around 1930, a migrant Spanish was responsible for introducing this sport in our nation, in what started as a pastime for the aristocracy of the time, a couple of years later, that migrant Spanish decided to open a tennis club, currently still operating on the outskirts of San Salvador, the well-known "Club Campestre", which besides devote to tennis, has a golf course and a football field, the memberships enter that club could get only the people who were involved in the prevailing aristocracy, based mainly on coffee production and indigo. Tennis was a sport entertainment and also the perfect excuse to do business with other powerful landowners, making important decisions concerning the governance of the republic (Just have a couple of decades since the monarchy began) tennis was decisive factor and even bet among politicians of that era, who won the game could promote a bill in congress and approve it without much problem, or buy wills, pitifully corrupt at that time used as beautiful sport as a cover causing corruption, despite all this, the reputation of tennis remained impeccable.

Wealthy families of the time decided to make the first tennis tournament at the Club Campestre, winning the modest figure of C$ 200 (Coronas) and a lifetime membership for the whole family at the club would take, however, the entrance was limited to only twenty people who did not belong to the elite, while they took forty-four positions competition, to everyone's surprise, the winner of the competition was someone outside the circle of aristocrats, that player, Mario Valencia was the first professional in San José Guayabal, because they found rejection from the aristocracy to play against them, because they could not believe how someone from outside his circle came alone to beat with ease.

With the support of certain people with wealthy income but outside the aristocracy, and the support of Mario, the second tennis club “El Paraíso” in El Roblar, city where Mario was original and still the city opened the bastion of opposition against the aristocrats, this club runs until today and has been responsible for polishing the best talent in San José Guayabal as tennis we mean, in this club is where the first tennis academy was created, in 1942 where a minimum amount of money per year to belong to it was requested, the courts were in decent shape, so there was no greater difficulty playing the instruments were in the same conditions stated above, people came suddenly , signing up because they saw in tennis a way to escape and take advantage of the time, while the children played tennis on the courts, mothers were talking together, many friendships and even early marriage were given for having met on a tennis court.

Many players of good quality were forged in tennis clubs in the aristocrat and also in “El Paraíso” to the point that Mario convinced the aristocrats to hold a national tournament to prove that he was the best academy, which was the best club tennis nation, but opposition was shown by power groups, they managed access, because they thought that only in this way was to show that the "Club Campestre" had the best school, the best club in the country , this gave rise to the emergence of a rivalry that continues to this day.

In the next article, I'll explain what happened during the first nationwide tournament of tennis in San José Guayabal and more of what happened with tennis until the late nineties (1990).
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:18 pm

This is the last qualification cutoff!

---

Singles - Qualification Day 3
Group 1
Vera di Santos (KWP) 3 3
María Sambueza (SJG) 6 6

Gary Forcen (ETN) 2 6 6
Ethelbert Dane (SSA) 6 2 0

1 Gary Forcen 3 3 0 6 3 +3 9 Q
2 Ethelbert Dane 3 2 1 5 3 +2 6
3 María Sambueza 3 1 2 4 4 0 3
4 Vera di Santos 3 0 3 1 6 −5 0

Group 2
Marc Lindstrom (SJG) 6 6
Danny Deejah (JES) 4 2

Miloslaw Jaskulski (NIK) 7 6
Heinrich Bach (SSA) 5 3

1 Marc Lindstrom 3 2 1 4 3 +1 6 Q
2 Danny Deejah 3 2 1 4 3 +1 6
3 Miloslaw Jaskulski 3 1 2 4 4 0 3
4 Heinrich Bach 3 1 2 2 4 −2 3

Group 3
Staci Harris (KWP) 1 6 6
Jerry Strand (SSA) 6 3 4

Nikola Stankic (NIK) 6 6
Bilaal Bilclough (EFL) 4 3

1 Nikola Stankic 3 3 0 6 0 +6 9 Q
2 Bilaal Bilclough 3 2 1 4 2 +2 6
3 Staci Harris 3 1 2 2 5 −3 3
4 Jerry Strand 3 0 3 1 6 −5 0

Group 4
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 6 6
Vilhelm Irvin (SSA) 3 3

Ben Booitay (JES) 2 0
Pryce Cormac (FCF) 6 6

1 Komang Agus Artawan 3 2 1 4 2 +2 6 Q
2 Pryce Cormac 3 2 1 4 2 +2 6
3 Vilhelm Irvin 3 1 2 2 5 −3 3
4 Ben Booitay 3 1 2 3 4 −1 3

Group 5
Meaghan Sharples (EFL) 5 0
Vedran Bukoski (NIK) 7 6

Arnold Geiszler (SSA) 1 6
Karla Márquez (SJG) 6 7

1 Vedran Bukoski 3 3 0 6 1 +5 9 Q
2 Karla Márquez 3 2 1 5 2 +3 6
3 Meaghan Sharples 3 1 2 2 4 −2 3
4 Arnold Geiszler 3 0 3 0 6 −6 0

Group 6
Magdalena Chlebek (NIK) 6 5 2
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 3 7 6

Vilma Paredes (SJG) 6 6
Jeff Jubbayo (JES) 3 3

1 Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi 3 2 1 5 4 +1 6 Q
2 Magdalena Chlebek 3 2 1 5 3 +2 6
3 Vilma Paredes 3 1 2 3 4 −1 3
4 Jeff Jubbayo 3 1 2 3 5 −2 3

Group 7
Flannán Dorit (FCF) 2 6 6
Davor Kneževic (NIK) 6 4 3

Jarred Förstner (SSA) 0 3
Linda Santamaría (SJG) 6 6

1 Flannán Dorit 3 2 1 4 3 +1 6 Q
2 Linda Santamaría 3 2 1 4 2 +2 6
3 Davor Kneževic 3 1 2 3 4 −1 3
4 Jarred Förstner 3 1 2 2 4 −2 3

Group 8
Andy Adouiaa (JES) 1 3
Weronika Smolák (NIK) 6 6

Renee Richardson (KWP) 6 6
Aleksander Nye (SSA) 4 3

1 Weronika Smolák 3 3 0 6 0 +6 9 Q
2 Andy Adouiaa 3 2 1 4 3 +1 6
3 Renee Richardson 3 1 2 3 4 −1 3
4 Aleksander Nye 3 0 3 0 6 −6 0

Doubles - Play-in Round
Fabiano Bishop/Sebas Hariri (EFL)               4   6
Nikola Stankic/Wioleta Krakowski (NIK) 6 7

Qindor Qeel-Phillips + Qamar Quick (JES) 6 4 3
Marta Valladares/Amanda Guevara (SJG) 2 6 6

Nick Neewa + Navprince Neranasami (JES) 6 6 6
Snežana Nikolic/Weronika Smolák (NIK) 7 2 4

Luis Castro/José Garcés (SJG) 6 6 5
Olivier Onitaa + Omar Ovaahr (JES) 7 4 7

Luisa Dimas/Miriam Osegueda (SJG) 6 4 6
Božidar Milovanovic/Magdalena Chlebek (NIK) 3 6 3

Matías Hernández/Dennis Romanov (SJG) 6 6
Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) 0 2

Tariq Salmat/ Staci Harris (KWP) 4 6 2
Moshe Schnoor/Tate Zimmermann (SSA) 6 2 6

Mohammed Manjaa + Mike Molee (JES) 3 1
Tatiana Kumiega/Sofija Milovanovic (NIK) 6 6

Vedran Bukoski/Vladislav Brankovic (NIK) 6 4 6
Lukas Williams/Eldred Ashworth (SSA) 4 6 2

Devin Petersen/Isiah Page (SSA) 3 7 5
Ryan Riswood + Ron-Robert Raakandjo (JES) 6 6 7

Newton Gray/Thomas Greene (ETN) 6 2
Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU) 7 6

Devin Petersen/Isiah Page (SSA) 5 3
Ryan Riswood + Ron-Robert Raakandjo (JES) 7 6

Newton Gray/Thomas Greene (ETN) 6 6
Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU) 2 4

Adam Bennet/Thomas Winston (ETN) 6 5 6
Phil Perée + Paul Perée (JES) 2 7 3

Con Towers/ Vera di Santos (KWP) 6 5 6
Timaeus Mein/Ian Cannon (SSA) 2 7 4
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:59 am

3 Qualifier to Main Round
Carigrad, Nikolia

After a hard qualification round, finally 3 out of 4 Pemecutan qualifier qualified for Astyrian Slam Main Round. They are Komang Agus Artawan and Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi in Single and Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi in double.

Komang Agus Artawan begun the competition in slow pace after a lost in first qualification match. But he could regain his performance and take the next 2 match to lead his group. The same situation happen to Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi. But she has to struggle to win her last 2 match which played in rubber set to lead her group. While Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi win against Newton Gray/Thomas Green (ETN) in straight set. Although they have to struggle to win the first set but they could easily outplayed Gray/Greene in second set and win the match. While Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani was lost easily from their opponent Matias Hernandez/Dennis Romanov (SJG) with 6-0 and 6-2.

While the bracket for Round 1 Astyrian Slam has been released. And bellow is the match that will be played by Pemecutanian players during the Round 1.
Single Competition
Kurt Dragic (NEG) vs Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)
(17) Alma Semmes (NEG) vs (Q) Komang Agus Artawan (PCU)
(20) Charmichael Brown (ETM) vs (Q) Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)
(11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) vs Martin Blue (SSA)
(22) Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) vs Livinia Moore (ETM)
(8) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) vs Ástríður Eydís (FCF)
(26) Mia Cassington (ETM) vs Indah Susanti (PCU)
(16) Thierry Garzala (NEG) vs Oka Sulastra (PCU)
Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) vs Charlotte Little (ETN)
(23) Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) vs Nico Angelo (ETN)

Double Competition
Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) vs (WC) Kika Dovan/Neia Dovan (CEN)
(14) Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) vs (Q) Nick Neewa/NavprinceNeranasami (JES)
Cristos Browning/Mya Browning (EFL) vs Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad (PCU)
(5) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) vs Vedran Bukoski/Vladivlav Brankovic (NIK)
(3) Perger Rianor/Ricpeer Rianor (CEN) vs (Q) Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU)
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014

Postby West Phoencia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:00 am

The Astyrian Slam tennis competition has started off shaky for the West Phoenician team. Losing three of their female players Vera Di Santos; Renee Richardson and Staci Harris who all failed to qualify for the grand slam. Our hopes lies in;

Con Towers
Toan Wu Nguyen
Fi Richardson
Tariq Salmat
Jon Swanston

On the Doubles front, West Phoenician players Con Towers/ Vera di Santos scored a victory against SSA. However Tariq Salmat/ Staci Harris lost against another SSA team.

The nation of West Phoenicia prays we can make an impact in this grand slam
Last edited by West Phoencia on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Section 1
The world number one, Ardil Navsal, is located in this section, but he surely doesn't have full reign over the draw, like Elaine Foyner had when she was playing on clay last season. That being said, his first round draw, Jasmine Abraw of Ethane, who is ranked no. 324 in the world, shouldn't be too much of a problem, but his loss to Dud Choc of Jachaelter (unranked at the time) on Navsal's favorite surface, and Navsal's quarterfinal losses at the first two Masters tournaments of the year, mean he isn't a favorite to go all the way here in Carigrad. Should he reach the third round, he might face world number 18 Dioro Hansil, who has reached the third round at the past three Grand Slam tournaments and won the Neu Engollon Open, although he lost promptly after that, in the first round of Beograd. Hansil is a bit of an anomaly for clay; his title was a surprise, especially considering that clay favors baseliners heavily, and Hansil is an old-style serve-and-volleyer. In the other half of the section, fifteenth seed Neia Dovan has had some ups and downs on clay, reaching the semifinals in Paradise City and Antillia but going downhill from there. Her first round opponent, Kenny Keloor of Jestoria, is a bit of a mystery. Finally, the last seed in this section is 29th seed Zoran Jovanovic of the clay haven nation of Costa de Ouro, who might be favored on paper to reach the third round, but he might fall early, especially if Noah Damaris of Ceni, an explosive youngster with a powerful game, comes into the game with an excellent performance.

Quarterfinalist: N. Dovan

Section 2
This section is full of Neu Engollians: fifth seed Marla Gerard, seventeenth-seed Alma Semmes, twenty-fifth seed Dominic Ripaldi, and the youngster Kurt Dragic. On paper, Gerard is favored to advance to the quarterfinals, but her best performances have come in grass and on indoor hard courts, and she has done poorly in the clay court season, losing early in both Albergaria and her home event in Neu Engollon, despite reaching the semifinals a couple of weeks ago in Beograd. Her first two potential opponents, though, don't excite much either, and the toughest challenge on the way to the fourth round will likely be countryman Dominic Ripaldi. Thirteenth seed Ciache Nagya, coming off a finalist appearance in Nova Lisboa (a third time in a row at the event), will likely have an easy time heading to the third round, as well seventeenth seed Alma Semmes. On paper, Nagya will have the advantage in their anticipated matchup, but Semmes is consistent, and has good clay court results to back it up. She's also readily available to take advantage of the early loss of seeds all over the section, as evidenced by her performance in Neu Engollon.

Quarterfinalist: A. Semmes

Section 3
Fourth seed Lonus Varalin hopefully will do well in this tournament, especially considering his performance in Beograd (where he reach the final on a similar type of court), and has an easy first round match, with his opponent outside the top 200. There will be an interesting match to determine who goes into Round 2 in match 18, the two Nikolians likely drawing the home crowd to cheer for one or the other, but there will be definitely a Nikolian in the second round. Hunter Roberts has an Olympic gold medal to his name, but he was left out of Electrum's roster for the smaller events so is perhaps a bit rusty in his singles career. He has an easy first round match but could face his own countryman, Sara Zhuo, in the second round. Malcolm Press and Samuel Gates are probably going to be the more favored Electrumites heading into this first day of competition, seeded twelfth and twenty-first respectively. Gates, of the two, has the harder first-round match of the two, facing Alwyn Pedr of the Ferret Civilization, while Press has Rosie Garter of Ethane, which hasn't been on the world circuit for a while. The two are scheduled to meet in the third round if all goes according to plan. Some interesting first round matches to watch would be Gates vs Pedr, Mattias Doerwald facing off against Milovanovic, a match of a Neu Engolloian against a Nikolian, an interesting match for the home crowd, and the newcomers from Nikolia and San Jose Guayabal, Kovac and Gustafsson, facing off to reach the second round in their first ever Grand Slam tournament. While Press has reached the Electrum Slam semifinals before, he hasn't done especially stellar on clay, while Varalin has, reaching two finals on the surface.

Quarterfinalist: Varalin

Section 4
The fourth section rounds off the first half, and its top seed is Marisa Maradona, the Cenian and champion of the recent Antillia Masters and the TOCAO, held on grass. She is a versatile baseliner with a powerful game, and her forehand paints the line with ease. Her serve previously has been her weak spot, but she's improved it recently. Also in this section are 20th seed Carmichael Brown, 11th seed Ngurah Putra Muliawan, who is the second highest seeded Pemecutan player, and Aline Luiza Romao of Costa de Ouro, one of the few Grand Slam champions in the draw (she won the Cenian Open a few years ago). Brown is good but a bit inconsistent, and Romao has had her better playing days behind her, with her performance lacking so far over the clay season. Muliawan is likely to reach the fourth round, where he will likely be defeated by Maradona, who should advance to the quarterfinals. Interestingly, Ainsley Eurig, of the Ferret Civilization, who won the most recent women's singles gold medal at the Olympics, is in this section, where she will play home favorite qualifier Vedran Bukoski. Andre Pedrinho Delgado, who won a men's singles gold medal in the Kytler Peninsulae, is also here, an underappreciated talent who is unseeded here; he will face an unranked player in the first round, after reaching the semifinals in Nova Lisboa as a qualifier. Finally, there should be an interesting match between the wild card Vladislav Brankovic of the home country and Mark Athalsteinn of the Ferret Civilization, who represented them at the Olympics.

Quarterfinalist: Maradona
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:40 pm

This is your first cutoff of the main draw!

Section 1
(1) Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 5 3 6
Jasmine Abraw (ETN) 2 7 6 7

Thomas Hutchon (ETN) 7 6 7
Pelissa Giannopolous (ETM) 6 1 5

(18) Dioro Hansil (CEN) 4 6 2 7 6
Sofija Milovanovic (NIK) 6 1 6 6 1

Natalia Emilia Garcia (CDO) 6 7 7
Deanne Smith (ETM) 2 5 6

(15) Neia Dovan (CEN) 6 6 6
Kenny Keloor (JES) 4 3 3

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 5 6 2
Jaimy Leger (EFL) 7 7 6

(29) Zoran Jovanovic (CDO) 7 6 6
Hendrick Hupaai (JES) 6 4 2

Eva Fabia Soares (CDO) 4 6 3 1
Noah Damaris (CEN) 6 4 6 6

Section 2
(5) Marla Gerard (NEG) 2 6 6 6 1
Marc Lindstrom (SJG) 6 4 7 3 6

Kurt Dragic (NEG) 7 4 5 5
Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU) 5 6 7 7

(25) Dominic Ripaldi (NEG) 6 7 6
Toan Wu Nguyen (KWP) 3 6 2

Tariq Salmat (KWP) 3 6 3 3
Birger Gwil (FCF) 6 2 6 6

(13) Ciache Nagya (CEN) 2 6 6 6
Franck Fileerbe (JES) 6 0 4 3

Violet Prieto (EFL) 4 4 7 4
Juan Gutiérrez (SJG) 6 6 6 6

(17) Alma Semmes (NEG) 7 7 3 6
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 5 5 6 3

Sukaina Yunan (EFL) 2 6 5 3
Flannán Dorit (FCF) 6 3 7 6

Section 3
(4) Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 6 5 6 6
Kasandra Perrier (EFL) 2 7 7 4 2

Wioleta Krakowski (NIK) 5 2 3
Weronika Smolák (NIK) 7 6 6

(28) Hunter Roberts (ETM) 6 1 6 6
Con Towers (KWP) 3 6 4 4

Sara Zhuo (ETM) 6 4 7 7
Georgette Cannon (EFL) 2 6 6 6

(12) Malcolm Press (ETM) 6 6 7
Rosie Garter (ETN) 3 4 6

(WC) Vlatko Kovac (NIK) 5 2 7 7 6
Mats Gustafsson (SJG) 7 6 5 5 1

(21) Samuel Gates (ETM) 2 5 7 7 9
Alwyn Pedr (FCF) 6 7 6 5 7

Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 2 4 6 6 6
Božidar Milovanovic (NIK) 6 6 3 3 3

Section 4
(7) Marisa Maradona (CEN) 5 7 6 3 3
Giorgio Irani (EFL) 7 5 4 6 6

(SE) Ainsley Eurig (FCF) 4 2 6 4
Vedran Bukoski (NIK) 6 6 2 6

(20) Carmichael Brown (ETM) 6 6 6
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 4 2 3

Connor Coleenia (JES) 4 6 6 2
Andre Pedrinho Delgado (CDO) 6 3 7 6

(11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 6 7 4 6
Martin Blue (SSA) 4 5 6 3

Alice Curson (ETN) 6 6 4 6
Ellela Thotan (CEN) 4 3 6 3

(30) Aline Luiza Romao (CDO) 6 6 4 6
Slavko Pavlovic (NIK) 3 4 6 4

(WC) Vladislav Brankovic (NIK) 2 4 3
Mark Aðalsteinn (FCF) 6 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:20 am

Day 1: 2 out 4 Advance
Carigrad, Nikolia

Main Round Astyrian Slam has just begun and the upper level of First Round match was held. For Pemecutan, 2 out of 4 players who play in this day advance to the Second Round with both qualifier failing through.

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari made a nice match against Kurt Dragic of Neu Engollon. Although she lost the first set after 5-5 deuce, She arise in the second set and win it by 6-4. The next two sets was played tightly with both set went through a 5-5 deuce. But both was won by Ayu Ratih Kemalasari by 7-5 and 7-5. This is a good start for her in the first tournament that she played in.

The second success coming from 11th seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan who met Martin Blue of Slashka. Muliawan able to control the match and win the first set by 6-4. In the second set, Blue able to resist from Muliawan moved and difficult him. The set went through 5-5 deuce but eventually Muliawan take the victory. Blue able to steal the third set after Muliawan widen shot cost him the 10th game which give Blue a victory point. But Muliawan made up his mistake by taking the fourth set by 6-3 to secure one spot in Second Round.

On the other hand, both Pemecutanian qualifier have been failed to advance to the next round. Komang Agus Artawan gives a hard match to Alma Semmes of Neu Engollon. Semmes has to played the first 2 sets with 5-5 deuce before she able to win it. Artawan successfully steal the third set by 6-3. But his performance decrease in the fourth set as Semmes back to her prime performance. She win 6-3 to reach the second round. While Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi lost easily in 3 sets match against Charmichael Brown of Electrum. She lost with 4-6, 2-6 and 3-6.

In the first match day, some surprise result happens after a few seeded players have to come home early. The biggest upset coming from 1st seed, Ardil Navsal of Ceni who lost from Jasmine Abraw of Ethane. 5th seed, Marla Gerard of Neu Engollon lost from San Jose Guayabal qualifier, Marc Lindstrom. And 7th seed, Marisa Maradona of Ceni lost from Giorgio Irani of Eastfield Lodge.

The second match day will feature the rest of the Single Competition First Round Match. 6 Pemecutanian players will play their first match in this year NSTT calendar. 3 of them are seed player, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (8), Maria Sophia Lubis (22) dan Luh Putu Yundari (23). The others are Oka Sulastra, Kadek Adi Wiranatha and Indah Susanti.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:34 pm

As the games continued along so far only Pryce had not managed to get through to the main part of the games, with the one loss he had to deal with coming back and stopping him. Leaving the unofficial little cheer team tallying at three of the Ferret group, but they all had a lot to be happy about, since it could have been four. Really should have been more since a lot of them got of easy getting into the first round of the event. With a lot of practice and play they hoped to stand somewhat of a chance rather watching how they got a total humiliating type defeat.

The event was also a lot larger than they had expected, with how many individuals there were in the event and how much the host nation had to do too. Since the event was so large the early part was broken into two halves, which for the team was just more time to give reason to practicing and being able to say at least some of them were still playing in the event. With Birger, Flannán, Alwyn, Ainsley, and Mark playing first, that left at least six of them still in the games if they all lost. Which would hold true to the fifty fifty shot for them still.

After all the games going on for the day were over, Alwyn and Ainsley both lost, which was a little positive since it was the high sided of fifty fifty chance. Alwyn played a hard game, but slowly lost the momentum as the time when on, and lost the tie breaking set while Ainsley never was able to get a lead in the first place, being a real bummer to Alwyn, who looked up to her the most. Flannán and Birger both played tough but average winning games, but a win was a win and worth celebrating, especially since it was close. Then Mark ended up really showing off what a Ferret could be capable right of the racket, never backing down, and showing Ceallachán how it was done.

With the next part later on; Ceallachán, Säde, Ástríður, Hermanni, Llinos, and Dagmar were going to be the ones to go up and see if they would be able to make it on. With Pryce and Ainsley out, only Mark and Flannán were still in the games from the very original group that kicked off the second one that lead to them being put together for this team. Euan and Asløg were at least eager to see how it would go, with the statistical fifty fifty chance working for them, but if it was overall, it would be against them right now. And all the team was hoping that with Dagmar displaying the most skill out of them all somehow so far, that she would at least manage to get the Ferret team far into the competition.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Cutoff.

---

Singles - Round of 128, Day 2
Section 5
(2) Botack Andiam (CEN) 6 6 7
Gary Forcen (ETN) 2 4 5

Guel Gagioosa (JES) 5 6 6 7
Gabriel Harman (SSA) 7 2 2 5

(19) Danjiella Zovic (NEG) 6 6 3 6 4
Ceallachán Amhlaoibh (FCF) 2 4 6 7 6

Scottie Kunkel (SSA) 4 6 2
Alastair Breaker (ETN) 6 7 6

(10) Paul Quiront (NEG) 6 4 6 3 1
Jon Swanston (KWP) 1 6 4 6 6

Säde Kaja (FCF) 7 4 6 6 2
Hollie Gratton (ETN) 6 6 2 7 6

(22) Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) 6 4 6 6 6
Livinia Moore (ETM) 4 6 3 7 4

Nikola Stankic (NIK) 6 7 4 3 6
Edward Eseeb (JES) 2 5 6 6 3

Section 6
(8) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 1 7 6 7 2
Ástríður Eydís (FCF) 6 6 7 5 6

Marco Vrient (NEG) 6 6 2 3
Hermanni Conall (FCF) 4 7 6 6

(32) Greg Meares (ETM) 6 6 6
Ana Barros (CDO) 1 1 2

Ipo Imbahyoo (JES) 6 2 1 3
Llinos Cairistìona (FCF) 4 6 6 6

(9) Andy Amada (CEN) 0 3 7 6 6
(WC) Decimus Whitewood (BLC) 6 6 6 2 3

Vera Adriana Soares (CDO) 6 5 6 3 4
(WC) Olivia Greenbridge (BLC) 1 7 4 6 6

(27) Felice Mareaux (NEG) 6 6 7
Amelia Endon (ETN) 2 3 6

Adam Samson (ETN) 2 6 7 6 6
(WC) Titus Gildedhall (BLC) 6 4 5 7 4

Section 7
(3) Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 6 7
Elke Hartung (NEG) 1 1 6

Theodor Rahl (NEG) 2 6 6 2 4
Aurelio Alves (CDO) 6 4 4 6 6

(26) Mia Cassington (ETM) 5 1 2
Indah Susanti (PCU) 7 6 6

Eugenia Soares (CDO) 6 6 6 3 6
Fi Richardson (KWP) 7 2 2 6 3

(16) Thierry Garzala (NEG) 6 2 7 2
Oka Sulastra (PCU) 7 6 6 6

Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) 4 6 6 6
Charlotte Little (ETN) 6 2 1 1

(23) Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 5 7 6
Nico Angelo (ETN) 0 7 5 4

Tatiana Kumiega (NIK) 3 5 7 3
(WC) Marcus Clearglass (BLC) 6 7 5 6

Section 8
(6) Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 6 7
Aljaž Isaac (EFL) 4 3 6

Marcelo de Santigo (CDO) 6 6 6
Ezekiel Duke (SSA) 4 1 2

(24) Amancio Raimundo Belo (CDO) 3 3 7 7 3
Keeley Sinai (EFL) 6 6 5 6 6

Samuel Hartnell (ETN) 2 5 3
Snežana Nikolic (NIK) 6 7 6

(14) Dagmar Liùsaidh (FCF) 7 2 3 3
Maya Cassington (ETM) 6 6 6 6

Omar Pérez (SJG) 7 6 6
Lenny Lekoor (JES) 5 2 3

(31) Dusan Ivanovic (CDO) 6 4 2 4
Estela Fenton-Millington (EFL) 4 6 6 6

Vilmar Head (SSA) 6 2 6 6
Bradyn Burn (EFL) 2 6 4 2
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:41 pm

With the first part of the official event on the Singles side now over, besides looking forward to seeing how the rest of the event would go for them, they celebrated their victories while they could. While that’s what they always did, that was all they really could do, and they wanted to continue to do it well. At least the team would never seem to lose that, and would always be grateful for however far any of them on the team could get. Everyone passed the time talking about how each of their games went, whether good or bad, from pretty much every point of view imaginable.

Asløg handed Euan a sheet of paper while the others were busy enjoying themselves.
Qualifiers
Pryce Cormac
Flannán Dorit

Round 1
Birger Gwil
Flannán Dorit
Alwyn Pedr
Ainsley Eurig
Mark Aðalsteinn

Ceallachán Amhlaoibh
Säde Kaja
Ástríður Eydís
Hermanni Conall
Llinos Cairistìona
Dagmar Liùsaidh

The list showed a few things, first was the fifty fifty chance was so for going more in their way than they had thought. With only five were out which meant seven were in, and the luck seemed a little more on the male side with two out being male with three female players out. Along with that the Olympic players where on par with the fifty fifty chance theory they were now testing out.

Only down side with all this was that their two players that they had considered their best on the team were already out of the competition. On the other paw for them that gave one of them the chance to try their luck at seeing if they could stand a chance at getting somewhere.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:16 pm

(18) Dioro Hansil (CEN) vs Natalia Emilia Garcia (CDO)

(29) Zoran Jovanovic (CDO) vs Noah Damaris (CEN)
One of the NSTT's next generation of Players, Damaris is a 17-year-old youngster from Ceni, while Jovanovic is a more experienced player about 30 spots ahead of Damaris. Being a Costenho of Nikolian origin, Jovanovic will likely have the support of the crowd. Both have seen fairly decent results on clay: Jovanovic, reaching the quarterfinals of the Antillia Masters, while Damaris reached the third round there and the quarterfinals in Albergaria. In the previous round, Jovanovic defeated Hupaai of Jestoria in straight sets, while Damaris defeated Eva Fabia Soares, a doubles specialist dabbling in singles, in four sets. Jovanovic has a powerful game but can be quite inconsistent. Damaris, meanwhile, has a big serve to bail him out if times get tough, and a big forehand and excellent two-handed backhand. In all, he has a versatile game, and he hopes to one day be World Number One. A step he can take is to win this second-round match, but a lot of it's up to Jovanovic: can the crowd hold him up high, and can his forehand work to good effect? Likely they can against a still inexperienced opponent who has a lot of hopes placed on him.

Winner: Jovanovic

(Q) Marc Lindstrom (SJG) vs Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)
Marc Lindstrom had one of the upsets of the tournament with his five-set defeat of fifth seed Marla Gerard, blowing her out 6-1 in the fifth set, while Kemalasari won over Kurt Dragic of Neu Engollon in four tight sets, three of the four lasting twelve games. Kemalasari has the advantage of rank and just barely missed out on being seeded (she's the second highest ranked unseeded player in the tournament) while Lindstrom had to go through qualifying in order to even make the main draw. While Lindstrom has a game tailor-made for the clay court surface - with aggressive shots based on heavy topspin and court coverage, trying to get the point out of every opportunity - Kemalasari has the advantage of experience, and Lindstrom has the disadvantage of the upsettors rarely progressing to the second round. While San Jose Guayabal is an up-and-coming tennis country with a large clay court tradition, giving Lindstrom an opportunity, Kemalasari's experience should carry the day, forcing the new Guayabalense players to wait another day before moving up the tennis ladder. Still, 60 points and a top-5 win is a valuable win for Lindstrom out of this tournament.

Winner: Kemalasari

(21) Samuel Gates (ETM) vs Mattias Doerwald (NEG)
This should be an intriguing match-up placing two come-from behind winners from two days ago's matches - although Gates arguably had the harder match in Round 1; four of the five sets went past 5-5, and there were quite a lot of deuces and long points in the long slog between Gates and Alwyn Pedr of the Ferret Civilization. Pedr had the opportunity in several games to take the match from the higher seeded Gates, but ultimately, the higher-ranked player came through, 9-7 in the fifth set in one of the longest (if not the longest) matches played on the tour so far. In Doerwald's match, he had to fight against the crowd and his opponent, but he came back from two sets down to win the match in five overall. Both players in this matchup will likely still be fatigued after their long matches. Doerwald might have the crowd on his side, as a fellow Astyrian, but Gates has the power to hold off in tight spots. Doerwald, with his heavy hitting, might force Gates into tight spots, but it might not be enough if Gates can dig himself out.

Winner: Gates
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Cutoff for the first round of doubles!

Singles - Round of 64 - Day 1
Section 1
Jasmine Abraw (ETN) 3 4 0
Thomas Hutchon (ETN) 6 6 6

(18) Dioro Hansil (CEN) 6 4 3
Natalia Emilia Garcia (CDO) 7 6 6

(15) Neia Dovan (CEN) 3 6 7 6
Jaimy Leger (EFL) 6 4 5 2

(29) Zoran Jovanovic (CDO) 6 3 3 2
Noah Damaris (CEN) 4 6 6 6

Section 2
Marc Lindstrom (SJG) 6 5 3 6 1
Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU) 4 7 6 2 6

(25) Dominic Ripaldi (NEG) 4 1 6
Birger Gwil (FCF) 6 6 7

(13) Ciache Nagya (CEN) 6 6 6
Juan Gutiérrez (SJG) 0 2 2

(17) Alma Semmes (NEG) 5 6 6 6
Flannán Dorit (FCF) 7 3 7 7

Section 3
(4) Lonus Varalin (CEN) 7 6 3 7
Weronika Smolák (NIK) 5 4 6 6

(28) Hunter Roberts (ETM) 6 7 7
Sara Zhuo (ETM) 3 6 6

(12) Malcolm Press (ETM) 6 6 3 6 7
(WC) Vlatko Kovac (NIK) 2 7 6 4 5

(21) Samuel Gates (ETM) 7 6 6
Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 5 1 4

Section 4
Giorgio Irani (EFL) 6 6 4 4 7
Vedran Bukoski (NIK) 4 2 6 6 5

(20) Carmichael Brown (ETM) 2 6 4 3
Andre Pedrinho Delgado (CDO) 6 4 6 6

(11) Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 2 6 6 6
Alice Curson (ETN) 6 2 3 4

(30) Aline Luiza Romao (CDO) 6 2 7 4 6
Mark Aðalsteinn (FCF) 4 6 5 6 2

Doubles - Round of 64 - Day 1
Section 1
(1) Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 6
Nikola Stankic/Wioleta Krakowski (NIK) 4 4

Llinos Cairistìona / Säde Kaja (FCF) 6 2 6
Julie Syncole/Oscar Bowermars (ETN) 4 6 4

(15) Alma Semmes/Danjiella Zovic (NEG) 6 6
Mark Aðalsteinn / Pryce Cormac (FCF) 3 4

Dagmar Liùsaidh / Ástríður Eydís (FCF) 6 6 6
(WC) Slavko Pavlovic/Davor Kneževic (NIK) 7 1 3

(8) Mia Cassington/Maya Cassington (ETM) 6 3 6
Marta Valladares/Amanda Guevara (SJG) 2 6 2

Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 1 3
(WC) Kika Dovan/Neia Dovan (CEN) 6 6

(14) Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 7 6 3
Nick Neewa + Navprince Neranasami (JES) 5 7 6

Ethan Manners/Susan Ingram (ETN) 6 6 3
Val Korekal/Jac Iegis (CEN) 0 7 6

(4) Coosal Darlcheri/Gyrachor Rentos (CEN) 6 6
Olivier Onitaa + Omar Ovaahr (JES) 3 0

(WC) Dioro Hansil/Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 5 6
Elke Hartung/Kurt Dragic (NEG) 1 7 4

(9) Joan Levitt/Deanne Smith (ETM) 6 6
Luisa Dimas/Miriam Osegueda (SJG) 3 4

Cristos Browning/Mya Browning (EFL) 6 5 4
Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad (PCU) 4 7 6

(7) Will Nolovor/Kell Korden (CEN) 6 6
Matías Hernández/Dennis Romanov (SJG) 2 3

Marco Vrient/Theodor Rahl (NEG) 6 4 6
Kiersten Bullock/Reina Jaber (EFL) 4 6 7

(11) Dominic Ripaldi/Mattias Doerwald (NEG) 6 6
Moshe Schnoor/Tate Zimmermann (SSA) 3 4

(WC) Lucretia "Crete" Talltree/Maria Redstone (BLC) 2 2
Birger Gwil / Hermanni Conall (FCF) 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:48 pm

After the first round was all wrapped up, it was only logical to look forward to seeing how the next round would go for all of them. On the Singles side the members playing would all be going up against ranked players from other teams, which to them was mostly seen as a good end to their chance in the games. It was also time for the Doubles side to start playing, that would mean either the members that were out on the Singles side would either still have a small chance or would end up being permanent cheerleaders for the rest of this event.

Birger was able to pull out a rather stunning win over the twenty-fifth ranked player Dominic, and Flannán was also able to pull out a just as an impressive win after a while over the fifteenth ranked player Alma after almost slipping up in the second set in a very aggressive game. Mark however was not able to win after the luck ran out for him with the tie breaking set after a back and forth game between him and his opponent.

On the Doubles side of things luck was a little more on their side for the beginning. With Llinos / Säde and Dagmar / Ástríður winning standard games against tough competition. Mark / Pryce however continued their luck from over on the Singles side to their game into their Doubles game and where not able to win after a pretty quick game. Birger / Hermanni where on the opposite side of their luck and where able to win a surprising quick game themselves.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:14 pm

Cutoff.

---

Singles - Round 2 - Day 2
Section 5
(2) Botack Andiam (CEN) 4 7 7 4 6
Guel Gagioosa (JES) 6 6 6 6 4

Ceallachán Amhlaoibh (FCF) 7 2 2 7 6
Alastair Breaker (ETN) 5 6 6 6 4

Jon Swanston (KWP) 6 6 1
Hollie Gratton (ETN) 7 7 6

(22) Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) 6 3 7 6
Nikola Stankic (NIK) 4 6 6 2

Section 6
Ástríður Eydís (FCF) 3 6 6 6
Hermanni Conall (FCF) 6 2 1 2

(32) Greg Meares (ETM) 3 2 3
Llinos Cairistìona (FCF) 6 6 6

(9) Andy Amada (CEN) 6 3 3 6 6
(WC) Olivia Greenbridge (BLC) 4 6 6 3 2

(27) Felice Mareaux (NEG) 6 6 6
Adam Samson (ETN) 3 2 4

Section 7
(3) Johmer Vales (CEN) 4 6 6 6
Aurelio Alves (CDO) 6 3 4 3

Indah Susanti (PCU) 1 6 6 3 6
Eugenia Soares (CDO) 6 4 3 6 3

Oka Sulastra (PCU) 6 6 6
Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) 4 4 4

(23) Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 3 6 6 6
(WC) Marcus Clearglass (BLC) 6 4 2 2

Section 8
(6) Kika Dovan (CEN) 6 2 4 7 6
Marcelo de Santigo (CDO) 3 6 6 6 1

Keeley Sinai (EFL) 6 5 3 4
Snežana Nikolic (NIK) 2 7 6 6

Maya Cassington (ETM) 2 3 7 6 4
Omar Pérez (SJG) 6 6 5 4 6

Estela Fenton-Millington (EFL) 4 6 6 6
Vilmar Head (SSA) 6 3 3 2

Doubles - Round 1 - Day 2
Section 3
(2) Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 7 6
Tatiana Kumiega/Sofija Milovanovic (NIK) 6 0

(WC) Octavius Miller/Marius Steelhammer (BLC) 6 3 0
Hunter Roberts/Carmichael Brown (ETM) 3 6 6

(16) Samuel Gates/Greg Meares (ETM) 6 6
Ainsley Eurig / Flannán Dorit (FCF) 3 2

Ana Barros/Eugenia Soares (CDO) 6 6
Miloslaw Jaskulski/Vlatko Kovac (NIK) 1 1

(5) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 6 6
Vedran Bukoski/Vladislav Brankovic (NIK) 3 0

Eva Fabia Soares/Vera Adriana Soares (CDO) 4 6 7
Jake Cartson/Steven King (ETN) 6 4 6

(10) Paul Quiront/Thierry Garzala (NEG) 6 6 6
Ryan Riswood + Ron-Robert Raakandjo (JES) 7 3 4

Giorgio Irani/Clementina Travers (EFL) 6 6
Amancio Raimundo Belo/Natalia Emilia Garcia (CDO) 4 4

Section 4
(3) Perger Rianor/Ricpeer Rianor (CEN) 6 6
Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU) 4 3

Jordan Bennet/Lucy Hockers (ETN) 6 5 4
Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM) 1 7 6

(12) Dusan Ivanovic/Zoran Jovanovic (CDO) 6 6
Phinehas Bauer/Maynerd Aitken (SSA) 1 3

Felice Mareaux/Marla Gerard (NEG) 6 6
Aston Albertsen/Steven Garret (SSA) 1 4

(6) Ellela Thotan/Ciache Nagya (CEN) 6 6
Adam Bennet/Thomas Winston (ETN) 1 0

Rayford Wise/Dhaakir Prieto (EFL) 1 6 6
Alwyn Pedr / Ceallachán Amhlaoibh (FCF) 6 2 3

(13) Aline Luiza Romao/Andre Pedrinho Delgado (CDO) 6 6 6
Con Towers/ Vera di Santos (KWP) 3 7 1

Phoebe Harvey/Berat Latif (EFL) 2 2
Marcelo de Santigo/Aurelio Alves (CDO) 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports