NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 35 IC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

World Baseball Classic 35 IC Thread

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Welcome to the 35th edition of the World Baseball Classic, hosted by Nova Anglicana! (Helpful links below)

Host Bid WBC 34 Everything Thread WBC Discussion Thread Current Rankings

Guide to Sports Roleplaying (for newcomers) Baseball on Wikipedia (for newcomers to the sport)

OOC

I expect to get this thing kicked off with a group draw on Saturday and first games beginning next Wednesday. The thirty-six contestants from all around the world will be drawn into six groups of six, play a single round robin (best-of-3 series) in their respective nations, and, if they're one of the top two nations in their group, advance to the playoffs (beginning at the Round of 16), where best-of-3 series in the host nation will determine who will play for the honor of World Champion. Will we see another first-time winner like Schiltzberg? Will the Bat Slaves of Gregoryisgodistan repeat as champions? The next WBC winner could be you! But first, you'll have to follow the arduous playoff path before having a shot to win the championship in a best-of-5 series.

Please start to post rosters and roleplays. Of course, remember to put a box of RP Permissions so your opponents know what and what not to do should they RP before you. These are not one-way RP Permissions, and violating your opponent's permissions is highly frowned upon.

Code: Select all
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my runscorers: Yes/No
Choose my lineup: Yes/No
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes/No
Godmod scoring events: Yes/No
RP injuries to my players: Yes/No
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes/No
Eject my players: Yes/No
Godmod other events: Yes/No
Use DH at home: Yes/No

The baseball Wikipedia article linked above explains the Designated Hitter rule, so if you don't know what that is, please read that. The gist of the rule is that the designated hitter hits in place of the pitcher whenever the home team wants to use it, however if the home team does not state a preference for or against the DH, the default is that it will not be used.

Scorination

I will be using the most recent version of xkoranate, v0.3.3, with the Saintland-adjusted NSFS formula.

I will be offering a roster bonus to incentivize participation and help out opponents with their own RPs, but it will likely not be very large. RPs will be graded for quality over quantity, with a fixed scale to be determined. RP bonus will be cumulative, and will be halved at the end of the group stage.

Cutoffs

Nova Anglicana: 21:00-0:00 EST (UTC-5)

How will ties be broken?
Tiebreakers are in order, as follows:
1. H2H Record
2. Tiebreaker Game(s) <- Should three or more-way ties occur, a single round-robin will be used (Should three teams end up with a record of 1-1 each in the tiebreak matches, then run differential will be used as the next tiebreaker. If two teams remain tied after run differential, then H2H record will be used. If three teams are tied after run differential, runs for will be used. This is to avoid putting extra wear and tear on teams instead of having them play additional tiebreak matches.)

Please remember that RP increases your chances of winning, not guarantees it. If you lose to a team you really shouldn't have lost to, blame Margaret, NS's random events personified.

OOC Schedule (IC schedule up to individual roleplayers)

Below is a tentative schedule of the WBC (home team listed second, in accordance with baseball convention):

1-9: Group Draw
1-13: MD1: 4 v 6, 5 v 1, 3 v 2
1-14: MD2: 4 v 3, 2 v 5, 1 v 6
1-15: MD3: 5 v 4, 6 v 3, 1 v 2
1-16: MD4: 4 v 2, 1 v 3, 6 v 5
1-17: MD5: 1 v 4, 2 v 6, 3 v 5
1-18: Off Day/Tiebreakers (if necessary)
1-19: Ro16 MD1
1-20: Ro16 MD2
1-21: Ro16 MD3 (if needed)
1-22: QF MD1
1-23: QF MD2
1-24: QF MD3 (if needed)
1-25: SF MD1
1-26: SF MD2
1-27: SF MD3 (if needed)
1-28: Finals/Third-Place Series MD1
1-29: Finals/Third-Place Series MD2
1-30: Finals/Third-Place Series MD3
1-31: Finals MD4 (if needed)
2-1: Finals MD5 (if needed)
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Pot 1
Gregoryisgodistan (1)
Cosumar (2)
United States of Devonta (3)
Maklohi Vai (4)
Schiltzberg (6)
Jeckland (7)

Pot 2
South Yerfilag (8)
Nova Anglicana (9)
Equestrian States (10)
Frenline Delpha (10)
Nassau-Hessen (12)
Abanhfleft (13)

Pot 3
Ko-oren (14)
Super-Llamaland (15)
Saintland (16)
Losthaven (18)
Kaboomlandia (21)
The Sword Bloke (23)

Pot 4
Minecraft Miners (25)
Central Shadow Nation (33)
San Llera (35)
Banija (36)
The Serbian Empire (40)
Firebolt (60)

Pot 5
Sushington (UR)
United Vietussia (UR)
Drawkland (UR)
Pittastria (UR)
Silvacometopia (UR)
Gim (UR)

Pot 6
Oisinistan (UR)
Natanya (UR)
Levivania (UR)
The Great Pond (UR)
Ferret Civilization (UR)
Ethane (UR)

*Pots 5 and 6 are the unranked pots and the unranked teams were randomly placed in either one.

Group 1
Schiltzberg (6)
Frenline Delpha (10)
Losthaven (18)
San Llera (35)
Silvacometopia (UR)
Ethane (UR)

Group 2
Gregoryisgodistan (1)
Abanhfleft (13)
The Sword Bloke (23)
The Serbian Empire (40)
Sushington (UR)
Ferret Civilization (UR)

Group 3
Maklohi Vai (4)
South Yerfilag (8)
Saintland (16)
Central Shadow Nation (33)
Pittastria (UR)
Levivania (UR)

Group 4
United States of Devonta (3)
Equestrian States (10)
Ko-oren (14)
Minecraft Miners (25)
Drawkland (UR)
The Great Pond (UR)

Group 5
Jeckland (7)
Nova Anglicana (9)
Kaboomlandia (21)
Banija (36)
United Vietussia (UR)
Oisinistan (UR)

Group 6
Cosumar (2)
Nassau-Hessen (12)
Super-Llamaland (15)
Firebolt (60)
Gim (UR)
Natanya (UR)
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Welcome to Nova Anglicana/Bienvenue á la Nouvelle-Anglais

The Nova Anglican Baseball League and the nation as a whole welcome the nations of the 35th World Baseball Classic and wishes them much luck in the competition. Below are the venues and some information on Nova Anglicana.

Archbishop Stadium in the Capital of Londinium (35,000)

Archbishop Stadium is the home stadium of the Londinium Capitols as well as the Nova Anglican national team. It is big and it plays big, with a serious nighttime marine layer, an enormous right-center gap known as "Triples Alley" and an imposing right field wall. It's not as hard on right-handed hitters, but is a fly ball pitcher's paradise. Many people are seen in the bay outside of the stadium attempting to catch home runs hit into the water or simply cruising the bay while enjoying the sound of the game on the radio.

Hosting: Jeckland, Quarterfinal, Semifinal, and Final

Yeoman Stadium in Eboracum (34,000)

Yeoman Stadium is the home of the Eboracum Yeomen, located in Nova Anglicana's second-largest city. It is another pitcher's park, and especially difficult to get it out to right-center, but because of air resistance rather than distance to the fence. It recently hosted the 2nd BCC Finals, and the atmosphere at the ballpark and the culture of Eboracum make this a great destination.

Hosting: Kaboomlandia, Quarterfinal and Semifinal, 3PPO

Royal Bank Park (31,000) in Durovernum Cantiacorum

Royal Bank Park is home to one of the more successful clubs in recent NABL history, the DC Brewers. The park features a high right field wall with seats atop it, and lies beside the St. John River.

Hosting: Oisinistan, Quarterfinal

Anderson Park (15,000, expanded to 19,000 through temporary seating) in Aquae Sulis

Anderson is the home of the powerhouse Aquae Sulis Trappers. The Trappers have a small ballpark due to the more rural nature of their city, but it is cozy and homey. There is a lot of foul ground, but if you can hit it fair, the ballpark plays fairly neutral. This stadium was selected because of the Trappers' recent success, even though there are bigger venues.

Hosting: Quarterfinal

Robert Webster Stadium (30,000) in Londinium

"The Web" is the home of former expansion club Londinium Novas. The Novas haven't seen much success in the league yet, but their stadium is quite new. It is a bit of a wind tunnel, so bundle up for night games and look for low-scoring affairs without many home runs.

Queen Charlotte Park (25,000) in Isca Dumnoniorum

Queen Charlotte Park is the other newest park in the NABL, the home of the Isca Town Greens. It has recently undergone a green retrofit, and boasts solar panels and carbon neutrality. It plays neutral, favoring neither hitters nor pitchers.

Dosco Stadium (22,500) in Pons Aelius

Dosco Stadium is named after the former government steel corporation that used to be based out of Pons Aelius decades ago, and currently hosts the Pons Aelius Mariners. The park leans towards hitters overall, but is actually fairly good at suppressing home runs.

Sousa Field (21,000) in Noviomagus

Sousa plays hosts to the Newfield Express, a middling team in a bustling city. The Express are often overshadowed by the football team Newfield FC, but their stadium is a great experience. It definitely suppresses offense.

About Nova Anglicana

Nova Anglicana maintains a strong public transport system, both inside and out of urban areas. Most large cities have a metro or subway system, managed by the city, but subsidized by the central government. Bus service is ubiquitous in cities with a population of 25,000 or more, and several private companies provide long-distance bus service. Many families own cars in Nova Anglicana, but these are often used for pleasure trips or as a symbol of status. Residents of urban areas often rely on public transport, and those in the suburbs often find that driving to the station and riding the metro is less time-consuming should they wish to enter the city. The state-owned NovaRail connects cities in the various provinces of Nova Anglicana and is widely regarded as an efficient and affordable way to travel within or between provinces.

For longer journeys or international travel, Nova Anglicana has international airports in each of its ten largest municipalities and domestic airports scattered across the country. The municipalities own the airports, but the security is provided by private companies as well as national air marshals and all flights are provided by private companies.

Crime is rarely a problem in Nova Anglicana, as a strong social safety net and good public education, along with an improved economy, give most Nova Anglicans little reason to commit crimes. Crime is so low that the central government spends nothing on law & order (except for border control), preferring to leave it to the individual cities and provinces.

In addition to its strong infrastructure and miniscule crime rate, Nova Anglicana is consistently ranked among the top nations in many categories. Visitors always remark on the warm welcome they receive from citizens, and Nova Anglicana is considered one of the happiest and healthiest nations in the NS universe. It also enjoys great weather and culture, so there is always plenty to do no matter what one's idea of fun is.

Food and Drink

So when you and that Nova Anglican fan hit it off and go for a drink and meal, what can you expect? Lots of fish, b'y. Londinium is located in the province of Newfoundland, which has a very strong fishing industry. Fish and chips, cod every way you can think of (tongues are a favorite), flounder, halibut, salmon, and lobster are some of the typical seafood one can expect, though if you're lucky, you might be able to find seal flipper pie, a real treat. For land fare, try caribou, deer, rabbit, or the famous "jiggs dinner", salted beef with boiled vegetables, as well as pickles and beets. For dessert, think figgy duff, a sweet raisin pudding, or one of our many baked goods flavored with molasses.

Eboracum is also a maritime city, so look for a lot of seafood, but lobster especially (and eel is surprisingly popular). Rappie pie is an Acadian tradition, made from grated potatoes with meat broth dripped over it, and various types of sausage can also be found just about anywhere. Eboracum also offers wonderful apples, blueberries, and wine, for those of you looking for something other than meat. Blueberry grunt is a local dessert favorite that consists of blueberry dumplings with nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar mixed in; tourists consistently rave about it.

In Durovernum Cantiacorum, or DC for short, seafood is the prime entree, with a special focus on shellfish. Lobster, oysters, scallops, crab, clams, mussels, you name it, they've got it. For the adventurous, try fiddleheads or dulse. And for dessert, pecan pie with maple sugar is sure to please even the pickiest eater.

In Aquae Sulis, food is much the same as in Londinium and other parts of Newfoundland, but with a heavier focus on game and local produce.

Jiggs Dinner

But what you really want to know about is the beer, right? Pubs in Londinium are open from noon to midnight, usually, and later on the weekends, and local breweries usually hold the same hours, give or take an hour or two. Expect to see plenty of traditional lagers and ales, though local microbreweries are turning out more complex beers, including a popular blueberry ale made with local blueberries. The most popular in the city is Lion, both in its lager and stout form. George Street, located near the harbour, is the best place to go for local nightlife, featuring over 20 bars, pubs, and clubs. Expect plenty of live music, mostly folk, though the clubs will play American and Canadian pop, as well as rap, hip-hop, and R&B.

Eboracum is much the same, but with a larger focus on "higher" culture such as operas, art galleries, museums and concert halls. That's not to say that you can't go out dancing, as Eboracum has a great local music scene, mostly alternative rock and pop. Overall, Eboracum's a little quieter than Londinium, but no less fun, especially if you are a Francophone. The French-language scene is much more vibrant here than in Londinium, and the mixture of the two cultures makes for a wonderful environment. If you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of one of the many movies filmed there each year.

Durovernum Cantiacorum combines the breweries of Londinium with the culture of Eboracum. Located on the St. John River, it is a popular tourist destination and offers opera, art galleries, theatres, and historic sites. It is also a mecca for beer lovers and offers many different types. The music scene besides opera and symphonic works includes mostly folk music, but with a thriving underground punk scene. It offers cruises on the river as well as boasting one of the better golf courses in the nation.

Aquae Sulis is a smaller, cozier town. It is still a city of over 700,000 people, but the spread-out nature of the city makes individual areas seem smaller than they are. Fans here will find it a little more difficult to go clubbing, but it offers wonderful nature hikes, and the famous Deer Lake, which is perfect for kayaking or other water sports.

Lion

Simeon Jones (DC)

Language and Religion

Being formed from parts of Anglophone and Francophone Canada, Nova Anglicans do not all speak the same language. English is, of course, the most widely spoken language and the language in which most classes are taught. Translators will be available at official functions, but good luck understanding the particular brand of English the people of Londinium speak (at least the natives). French is more widely spoken in Eboracum, though English is still the majority language.

Nova Anglicana is about 95% Christian of varying stripes, though mostly Anglican and Roman Catholic, and all religions are legal to practice, provided they don't involve animal cruelty or human sacrifice or something like that. Londinium is a cosmopolitan city, so one expect to find a synagogue, mosque, temple, or any other place of worship for a major religion, if you should find yourself in need of one.
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Nova Anglicana WBC 35 Preview

WBC 34 was not a successful Classic for the Nova Anglicana Lions, seeing them fall in the Round of 16 after missing the playoffs altogether in WBC 33. As a result, it cost longtime manager Graig Lowman his job. Lowman will now retire as the godfather of Nova Anglican international baseball who led the team to much success, just not enough. He is replaced by the wildly popular and successful manager of the Eboracum Yeomen, Orlando Murray. Murray shook up the coaching staff as well, replacing Dante Woodward (hitting), Charley Battaglia (pitching), Claude Corbett (1st base), and Freddy Snider (3rd base) with Aubrey Bell, Greg Richardson, Dale Garner, and Casey Cain, respectively. Longtime bench coach Marcellus Maloney and bullpen coach Rhett Upshaw stick around for another Classic. It will be interesting to see how the team responds to the new leadership.

Schedule

First Series - Kaboomlandia (21) v Nova Anglicana (9)
Second Series - Nova Anglicana v United Vietussia (UR)
Third Series - Jeckland (7) v Nova Anglicana
Fourth Series - Nova Anglicana v Banija (36)
Fifth Series - Oisinistan (UR) v Nova Anglicana

Nickname: Lions
Acronym: NOV
Style Mod (if applicable): +1

Starting Rotation (order as given)
LHP #36 Chris Keyes, 34 - features a 70 MPH, big, sweeping curve, has better control now than before, but has great stuff, looks have "Keyes to my heart" signs common at games
LHP #40 Brad Bryan, 33 - tall, slim frame with long arms, hides ball very well, nasty slider, velocity average, but great pitching instincts
RHP #37 Danny Hauser, 32, - 98 MPH fastball helped him K 185 in 171 big league innings, late-inning flamethrower moves to the rotation
RHP #28 Brandon Ashton, 27, (R/R), - former top prospect makes his international debut, strong fastball/curve/change
LHP #32 Cole Mayberry, 26, - loves to throw his cutter at 94, spinning screwball confuses lefties and righties alike, developed a consistent change, fringy slider

Bullpen
LHP #45 Perry Collins, 36 - takes over the long relief role, great circle-change
LHP #49 Luc Godot, 34 - Godot has a herky-jerky motion and spotty control, but great velocity and wipeout slider,
LHP #46 Sidney Fleming, 30 - slings from a sidearm position, will be lefty specialist, sweet slider
RHP #38 Ross Long, 30 - average fastball, but good slider has righties flailing and change baffles lefties
RHP #43 Mike Markham, 24 - Markham flashes a mid-90s fastball (2 and 4-seam) and a hammer of a curveball
RHP #39 Bryan Baldwin, 28 - Baldwin is brother of softball's Brandi, knuckleballer can be long reliever, or come on for change of pace
RHP #27 Adrian Romero, 35, - 97 MPH fastball combined with 78 MPH palmball form deadly combination, pretty good curveball for third pitch, could be another long guy, great dancer
RHP #56 Lucius Lavoie, 32 - Lavoie is a failed starter who has made it as a closer, fastball sits at 95 with a tumbling curveball, changeup and slider need a some work
RHP #23 Colby Walker, 29 - Walker is a hard thrower (sits 96, touches 98) who developed secondary pitches to become DC Brewers closer, now replaces Jamey Conroy as NT closer

C #53 Lamar Ford, 32, (L/R), - Ford is no longer a rookie for the Londinium Capitols, lefty bat is his best tool, but his defense has greatly improved, good speed for catcher, loves spaghetti
C #51 Bryan Lamb, 26, (S/R), - Lamb showed an extraordinarily developed eye for the strike zone in his career, not much power, but good defender with decent arm
C #18 Jamie Stephens, 26, (R/R), - Stephens slugged 20 homers in his first big league season, struck out 148 times as well, strong throwing arm but otherwise poor defensively

1B #21 Brooks Colvin, 31, (R/R), - Colvin has big shoes to fill, stepping into Al-Aniz's role, hits tons of doubles, but very few home runs, good defensively with a good arm for a first sacker
3B #26 Ken Morton, 21, (R/R), - good range with great arm, dead pull hitter with power
SS #11 Darrin Werner, 27, (R/R), - Werner is a five tool player who is one of the best in the league
2B #6 René Martel, 28, (S/R) - Martel is a superb defender, Yeomen organization believes the bat will develop with experience, will not hesitate to drop one down
CI #50 Cliff Hammond, 28, (R/R), - Hammond can play either corner infield position, good arm but limited range, mashes lefties
MI #25 Scott Lindsey, 28, (R/R), - Scott can fill in at either middle infield spot, good range, arm more suited for 2B, speed makes him a pinch-runner candidate

OF #20 Kelvin Freeman, 33, (L/R), - Freeman posted a .268/.321/.490 line with 30 homers and 15 steals this year, cannon arm, good defensive routes, ladies' man
OF #7 Lance Manning, 32, (S/L), - 5'10 speedster continues to rack up the thefts, with 51 SB this year, beats out plenty of infield hits, learned some patience as well
OF #24 Ty Oliver, 21, (R/R) - Oliver is a freak of an athlete who made his big league debut last year, still kind of raw, but massive power and speed with an amazing arm
OF #29 Brandon Maynard, 25 (L/L), - Maynard is a flashy character rarely seen without his trademark gold chain and diamond earring studs, strong arm, big bat, great speed, better defense now
OF #10 Leon French, 32, (R/R), - poor batting average holding him back, but great power

Orlando Murray #55 (Manager)

Aubrey Bell #1 (Hitting Coach)

Greg Richardson #47 (Pitching Coach)

Dale Garner #9 (1st Base Coach)

Casey Cain #8 (3rd Base Coach)

Marcellus Maloney #15 (Bench Coach)

Rhett Upshaw #52 (Bullpen Coach)

Starting Lineup w/o DH
CF Lance Manning
LF Kelvin Freeman
RF Ty Oliver
3B Ken Morton
SS Darrin Werner
C Lamar Ford
1B Brooks Colvin
2B René Martel
P Pitcher's Spot

Starting Lineup w/DH vs. R
CF Lance Manning
LF Kelvin Freeman
DH Brandon Maynard
RF Ty Oliver
SS Darrin Werner
3B Ken Morton
C Lamar Ford
1B Brooks Colvin
2B René Martel

Starting Lineup w/DH vs. L
CF Lance Manning
LF Kelvin Freeman
RF Ty Oliver
DH Leon French
3B Ken Morton
SS Darrin Werner
1B Cliff Hammond
2B René Martel
C Lamar Ford

Choose my runscorers: Yes/No
Choose my lineup: Yes/No
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes/No
Godmod scoring events: Yes/No
RP injuries to my players: Yes/No, but not serious ones. Back stiffness, jammed fingers, bruises, etc. Nothing that would keep them out of the lineup for more than 1 game. Reciprocity is expected.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes/No
Eject my players: Yes/No, maybe the manager, though.
Godmod other events: Yes/No
Use DH at home: Yes/No
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Maklohi Vai National Baseball Team
Nickname: Lumai
Acronym: MKV
Home Field: Kamanakai Oa'a Pani Stadium
MANAGER: Okao Lomnai

SS #7- Aputo Roma’ai (R/R)
LF #2- Iao Laina (S/L)
1B #3- Ri’ino Uilnai (L/L)
3B #9- Mae’ao (S/R)
CF #1- Koilani Ruputuo (S/R)
2B #8- Arnao (R/R)
C #4- Moalna’akai Lai (R/R)
RF #6- Wolo Rakinalmanai (L/R)
Pitcher Spot

SS #7- Aputo Roma’ai (R/R)
LF #2- Iao Laina (S/L)
1B #3- Ri’ino Uilnai (L/L)
3B #9- Mae’ao (S/R)
CF #1- Koilani Ruputuo (S/R)
DH #11- Nalo Makai (R/R)
2B #8- Arnao (R/R)
C #4- Moalna’akai Lai (R/R)
RF #6- Wolo Rakinalmanai (L/R)

#5- Ratai Moi (LHP)
#13- Arwai (RHP)
#10- Aonmai Rutulotoa (RHP)
#12- Rom Lunomai (LHP)
#61- Uwo (LHP)

INF- #11 Nalo Makai (R/R) DH in DH games
INF- #14 Lokumao Tolokanapai (L/L)
INF- #15 Riolai Komotai (S/R)
OF- #38 Muno Lopakarai (R/R)
OF- #17 Lumo Wamoi (S/R)
OF- #16 Woilao Wanao (L/L)

#73- Ru (RHP) long relief
#43- Unrowai Lonma’ao (RHP) mid relief
#20- Katwo (LHP) lefty specialist
#55- A’awnai Kupantai (RHP) 7th inning
#63- Rimai Lomukiwo (LHP) 8th inning
#42- Maruamo Riwara (RHP) Closer

Choose my run-scorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: No, follow my lineup posted above.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes, follow the rotation posted above.
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Yes, only one per game
DH used at home: No
Godmod other events: No
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am

Frenline Delpha Anacondas

Starters

C Caster Haman #3
1B Marco Dredge #22
2B Chris Lain #10
3B Adam Defelt #18
SS Mark Trifort #20
LF Lukas Manteis #32
CF Fred Hector #9
RF Markus Jehosez #16

Bench

C Grant Sché-Lus #14
IF Yarvins Yelkins #2
IF Peter Olainske #6
IF Quigley Denton #15
IF José Marskin #16
IF Uglent Menloit #23
OF Bentley Scrabber #5
OF Derrek Cranley #27
OF Elgret Lutwang #34

Pitching

RHP Martin Zenryks #1
LHP Stacey Turnhill #7
RHP Adam Arkonous #8
RHP Nicolas Yelfin #19
LHP Omar Wilfskin #21
RP Yelvin Muergbor #4
RP Tanner Scormens #11
RP Stanley Berkins #26
CP Zachary Wiley #12
CP Silks Smithley #24

Managment

Manager Tristen Smalls
Coach James Bones
Athletic Trainer Royal Troik
Hitting Coach Fred Sallis
Pitching Coach Issack Binding

1) #10 Lain 2B
2) #22 Dredge 1B
3) #3 Haman C
4) #16 Lutwang DH
5) #32 Manteis LF
6) #20 Trifort SS
7) #13 Jehosez RF
8) #18 Defelt 3B
9) #9 Hector CF

1) #10 Lain 2B
2) #22 Dredge 1B
3) #3 Haman C
4) #32 Manteis LF
5) #20 Trifort SS
6) #13 Jehosez RF
7) #18 Defelt 3B
8) #9 Hector CF
9) Pitcher

1) Turnhill
2) Yelfin
3) Wilfskin
4) Zenryks
5) Arkonus

Game 1: vs. Losthaven (18) Win 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 (3-0)
Game 2: @ Silvacometopia Win 3-1, 10-6, 8-2 (6-0)
Game 3: vs. Shiltzberg (6)
Game 4: vs. San Llera (35)
Game 5: @ Ethane

Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: Never on your life
Follow my pitching rotation: Always
RP injuries to my players: Yes (1 per game)
Eject my players: Yes (Max: 1 per game)
Use DH at home: No
Absolutely no godmodding of any kind.

Home
Away
Alternate
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:02 am

Sports continue going on strong within The Colony and its attempt to play on the International field of different sports. It is a slow process as the groups slowly standardize themselves to the other nation's teams to play better and be more organized. Baseball was the original sport that got Ferrets involved heavily into sports after what was considered moderate success for them, hopefully later on they would have the experience to get further than they did the first time. But with every new event comes a fresh experience, and a new beginning, and like typical Ferrets are always willing to look forward to another exciting and hopefully not as short game event for them.

Manger: Seoc Gareth

Roster
Catcher and Relief Catchers
(C) Haraldur Torbjørn

(RC) Andreas Morten
(RC) Bearach Yngve

Pitcher and Relief Pitchers
(P) Cathaoir Jørn
(P) Maximilian Trystan
(P) Meredith Dáithí
(P) Sigurður Jónas
(P) Tormod Sebastian

(RP) Hjalmar Sheamus
(RP) Joakim Mikko
(RP) Josef Roderick
(RP) Oscar Jarmo
(RP) Osheen Edvard
(RP) Sven Leachlainn

Infield/Outfield and Relief
(1B) Cillín Peer
(2B) Ríoghnán Ilar
(3B) Torvald Kjeld

(CF) Éamon Jóhann
(LF) Bosse Perttu
(RF) Tavish Fannar
(SS) Mathias Emyr

(RI) Donagh Shay
(RI) Ragnvald Elias
(RO) Fiachra Erskine
(RO) Sören Egil

RP Permissions
Choose my lineup: Yes
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Eject my players: No
Godmod other events: Yes
Use DH at home: Yes
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Feministvs Sanctvsterra presents:

The Saintland National Baseball Team

Captain: Felicia Cassianus
Colors: Pink and White
Stadium: Royal Park
Stadium Location: St. Petrus
Stadium Capacity: 51,773
Distance to Walls: 325 feet to left and right, 405 to center
Stadium Surface: SaintTurf

Roster

Rotation

1: Clara Equitius (R/R)
2: Sabrina Cornificius (R/R)
3: Victorina Modius (R/R)

Bullpen

CL: Tiberia Octavius (R/R)
MR: Regina Equitius (R/R)
LR: Porcella Ammianus (R/R)

Batting Order

SS: Felicia Cassianus (R/R)
2B: Innocentia Numerius (R/R)
3B: Januaria Blandius (R/R)
CF: Cristina Inventius (R/R)
1B: Amanda Senecianus (R/R)
C: Mariana Baebius (R/R)
LF: Maria Pontius (R/R)
RF: Maria Didius (R/R)
(Pitcher)

Bench

C: Elizabetha Flaccus (R/R)
IF: Natalia Flaccus (R/R)
OF: Agrippina Jovina (R/R)

Notes

The players on this team previously competed, in other sports (volleyball, field hockey, basketball and weightlifting), at the Games of the VIII Olympiad and at the (abandoned) third West Guiana Softball tournament. These are, however, their real names as the group now openly identifies themselves following their legalization as a political party within the new Sanctii electoral system.

Feminisvs Sanctvsterra has competed in international sports events before, winning several medals at the Games of the VIII Olympiad and competing in the 11th Handball World Cup. However, they have had their greatest success in the World Korfball Classic, where they have won 2 out of 4 WKCs, with a third place in their only other attempt. In World Cup 67, they almost qualified for the World Cup, despite having little to no experience in competitive soccer before they entered that World Cup, after the official Saintland National Team boycotted qualifying over the results of a host vote. Due to the circumstances under which members of the organization have lived, the Feministvs Sanctvsterra Baseball Team has remarkably high levels of team chemistry. They lived their lives on the run from the authorities for several years, so members of Feministvs Sanctvsterra are deeply loyal to one another and to their organization. This loyalty translates into team-oriented play, with an emphasis on pitching, defense and small ball. They previously participated in WBCs 29 and 30, with middling records in both tournaments. In WBC 34, they returned after a long absence and reached the Round of 16 where they were eliminated by the Bat Slaves of Gregoryisgodistan.

Feministvs Sanctvsterra is now part of the ruling coalition in Saintland along with the pro-reform moderates of Futurum. They enter this WBC hoping to improve on their performance on their home soil.

Although the Feministvs Sanctsterra Baseball Team does not include any male players, the idea that Feministvs Sanctvsterra is all female is a common misconception. Around 10 percent of the group's membership is male, mostly comprised of brothers of the group's members.

RP Permissions

I give my opponent permission to:
Choose my runscorers: Yes (but don't do anything that would be impossible under the rules of the sport)
Choose my lineup: No (Agrippina Jovina should be DH and #9 hitter if DH is used)
Godmod other events: Yes (The Feministvs Sanctvsterra team should be portrayed in a manner consistent with their established characters and their high level of team chemistry. Feel free to portray them as anti-male and/or anti-gay as this is consistent with their established characters.)
Use DH at home: No
Last edited by Saintland on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 pm

San Llera National Baseball Team

Everything you ever wanted to know about San Lleran baseball

Coaching Staff
Manager - Antoni Tigua - Very sabermetrics-oriented coach, leaves developing players up to his assistants
Hitting Coach - Kelvin Warner - Known for issuing a standardized batting stance and swing for every player on the team
Pitching Coach - Jose Catellin - Very strict, all players hate him

Starting Lineup
Position Name - Age - Batting Hand - Throwing Hand - Biggest Strength - Biggest Weakness
C Giuseppi Monzo - 29 - R - R - Speed - Stopping Wild Pitches
3B Leo Abela - 28 - Switch - R - Baserunning - Power
1B Josep Maria Quintana Morales - 33 - R - R - Power - Contact
CF Octavio Ferrer - 22 - Switch Hitter - R - Athleticism - Power
SS Conrad Batto - 24 - R - R - BABIP - Contact
2B Felip Cabrera - 28 - R - R - IQ - Athleticism
RF Norman - 33 - Switch - R - IQ - Power
LF Armando Anglada - 31 - L - L - Power - IQ
(Pitcher)*

Bench
Position Name - Age - Batting Hand - Throwing Hand - Biggest Strength - Biggest Weakness
C Alaric Belmont - 33 - R - L - Fielding Ability - Contact
1B Angel Ventura - 27 - L - L - Contact - Speed
2B Teodor Quinto - 31 - R - R - Patience - Speed
3B Arnau Miata - 23 - R - R - Speed - Recklessness
SS Cecili Bordes - 32 - L - L - Contact - Fielding Ability
LF Artur Llanes - 30 - R - R - Contact - BABIP
CF Ignasi Milla - 36 - L - L - Power - Speed
RF Alvar Bertoli - 28 years old - Switch Hitter - Left - Contact - Power
* If there is a DH, move Giuseppe Monzo to DH and put Alaric Belmont at catcher, 9th in the order

Starting Rotation
Spot in Rotation Name - Age - Throwing Hand - Biggest Strength - Biggest Weakness
1 Israel Mata - 25 - R - Durability - Command
2 Arnau Lull - 28 - R - Velocity - Command
3 Carles Blai - 31 - L - Variety of Pitches - Velocity
4 Bora Bora - 18 - R - Velocity - Command
5 Andreu Pica - 31 - L - Pitch Selection - Velocity

Relief
Spot in Rotation Name - Age - Throwing Hand - Biggest Strength - Biggest Weakness
Utility Prosper de Teltia - 24 - L - Consistency - Velocity
Utility Aliex Mesoppe - 29 - L - Velocity - Spin on Pitches
Long Relief Francesc Viola - 32 - R - Durability - Velocity
Set Up Man Dennis Moria - R - Velocity - Command
Closer Marco Cantus - 26 - R - Velocity - Variety of Pitches

RP Permissions
Choose My Lineup: Within a reasonable degree of the lineup posted
Choose My Runscorers: Yes
RP Injuries: Yes
Godmod Injuries: Yes
Choose My Rotation: Within a reasonable degree
Eject My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes
Use DH at Home: Sure
*Obviously subject to change if you are using a DH at home. Feel free to tinker with the lineup if you are using DH's.
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:29 am

ABANHFLEFT REVOLUTION
Abanhfleft men's national baseball team

Hope springs eternal, as the quote says. What a load of bollocks. After cruising through the group stages of IBS X in Schiltzberg and Frenline Delpha, the Revolution fell to a Coconut Isle that only bothered to turn up against them before eventually winning the IBS. Meanwhile, Abanhfleft was once again stuck with contesting the third place, which they won, predictably. After a history of crashing out against teams they should be beating comfortably, will this team be able to repeat the heroics of their first ever field performance in IBS VI, or will a completely new team be needed to bring home the bacon next time around? Only time (and the results of this tournament) will tell...

Name of nation: Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Demonym: Fleftic
Team name: Abanhfleft Revolution
Nickname: Revolutionaries (common), Revolters (derogatory)
Official history: This will be Abanhfleft's fourth time participating in the International Baseball Slam. Huzzah for the Revolution!
Team colors: Blue, orange, and green
Style modifier: +2. Abanhfleft has returned to the more conservative attacking style favored by the Keppler-era team.

Key: (Shirt number, pitches/bats, age)

1 - Justin Yardley (#58, R/R, 26)
2 - Oliver McKrinter (#88, R/R, 28)
3 - Johnson Kabebe (#3, L/L, 31)
4 - Burtegha "Burt" Hokabo (#37, S/L, 25)
5 - J. K. B. "Jake" Ziegler (#97, R/R, 26)
Long Reliever - Zebulon Yekar (#7, R/L, 32)
Long Reliever - Famoso Ochoa (#54, S/R, 24)
Middle Reliever - Odysseus Edresta (#56, S/R, 30)
Middle Reliever - McLanahan Korbalos (#46, R/R, 34)
Middle Reliever - Savarov Hayastani (#99, L/R, 36)
Setup Receiver - Barack Olluvanov (#90, L/L, 32)
Closer - Harper Xiclo (#24, S/R, 27)

Catcher - Jesus Laurel (#77, S/L, 28, Starter)
Catcher - Ullman Ruger (#10, S/R, 31)
First Base - Carlos "The Jackal" Teves (#8, R/R, 30, Starter)
First Base - Orocan Prince (#15, S/L, 26)
Second Base - Julin He (#17, R/R, 27, Starter, female)
Second Base - Kilgore Kilkenny (#35, L/L, 28)
Third Base - Farris Baoteng (#20, L/L, 26, Starter)
Third Base - Paul Plinzer, (#63, R/R, 24)
Short Stop - Desmond Bo (#00, R/R, 24, Starter)
Short Stop - Ulrika Zimmermann (#49, R/R, 20, female)

Left Fielder - Habibullah Teymourian (#89, R/L, 31, Starter)
Left Fielder - Dragaroth Teng (#4, L/R, 33)
Center Fielder - Jiangming Heng (#12, L/L, 28, Starter)
Center Fielder - Paul Skranga (#94, R/R, 32)
Right Fielder - Ibrahim Ahmadinejad (#67, S/R, 29, Starter)
Right Fielder - Orestes Papasthenopoulous (#18, L/L, 31)

1 - C. TEVES (1B, R)
2 - H. TEYMOURIAN (LF, L)
3 - HENG J.M. (CF, L)
4 - HE J.L. (2B, R)
5 - F. BAOTENG (3B, L)
6 - D. BO (SS, R)
7 - J. LAUREL (C, L)
8 - I. AHMADINEJAD (RF, R)
DH - O. PAPASTHENOPOULOS (RF. L)

In the event that a DH is not allowed, move the pitcher to the DH's place.

The entire coaching staff of the Abanhfleft Revolution had been sacked by the Abanhfleft Baseball Federation following the team's failure to qualify in IBS VII. Rehoboam Zimmermann, longtime member of the national team, had been tapped as the new manager following his retirement from international baseball, and he had been given free reign to recruit any other staff member that he believed capable of bringing back some glory to this now-mocked national side. This is also an opportunity for Zimmermann to steal some thunder from the football players that had considerably stolen a lot of baseball's thunder in the Democratic Republic.

MANAGER - REHOBOAM ZIMMERMANN

ASSISTANT MANAGER/BENCH COACH - JAIME GROVER

FIRST BASE COACH - STEFAN MCKENNY

THIRD BASE COACH - KURTIS LINGENFELTER

BATTING COACH - ELLIOTT WETTMORE

PITCHING COACH - AUSTIN BROCKWAY

The Abanhfleft Baseball Federation has announced that it will be using two baseball stadia as venues for the Abanhfleft Revolution's home matches.

Official name: Stadion Memoriam de December 27
Capacity: est. 26,500
Record attendance: 37,019 (Verbergerkinnh Cubs vs. Pilken Blue Sox; May 9, 2014)
Operators: Verbergerkinnh Cubs, Locomotive Imgortur

Official name: National Baseball Stadium
Capacity: est. 60,000
Record attendance: 65,125 (Habalanbacushe Balderdash vs. Selid Nebulae, 19 January 2015)
Operators: Abanhfleft Baseball Federation (as of time of publication)

RP PERMISSIONS
Choose my runscorers: Yes, within reason
Choose my lineup: No, please stick to the starters as much as possible
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes, you must follow it to the letter
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but TG me first
Godmod other events: Yes, except killing my players or coaching staff, and please TG me before doing this
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

South Yerfilag
Attaché

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

South Yerfilag National Baseball Team

Postby South Yerfilag » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Die Nasionale Baseball Span van die Republiek van Suid-Yerfilag
The National Baseball Team of the Republic of South Yerfilag

BEGIN ROSTER | STARTING ROSTER
POSNUMNAMEAGEGENDERTHROWSBATS
CF69Lee de Klerk22MLL
SS64Arwen Matteson26FRS
3B32Heather Younger27FRR
(DH)97Jessamine Lastings24FRR
1B84Willem de Jager28MLL
LF25Flora Oorschot27FRR
C63Janna Jasmina (J.J.) Visscher29FLL
2B16Lily Prudzmol-Jadzt23FRR
RF78Matt Hicks21MRR
(P)*
*In games which a DH is designated, s/he will bat fourth; otherwise, the pitcher shall bat ninth.

GOOIERE | PITCHERS
HANDNUMNAMEAGEGENDERBATSORDER
R90Jacinda van Heel20FRStarter
R74William Babayetu26MRStarter
L53Alan Fenton26MSBullpen
R94Edison Lambert27MSBullpen
L95Basil de Prins23MLBullpen
R96Hayley Jo Winston22FRBullpen
R37Georgiana Mandelapopoweke29FRCloser

PLAASVERVANGERS | SUBSTITUTES
POSNUMNAMEAGEGENDERTHROWSBATS
C2Jack Oluwafuntan21MLL
CF3Forest Matteson30MRR
IF/DH97Jessamine Lastings24FRR
IF22Arnoud Romeijnsen25MRS
OF50Love Rokopeke24MLL
**90Jacinda van Heel20FRR
**69Lee de Klerk21MLL
**96Hayley Jo Winston22FRR
**Players marked are "all-rounders." Pitchers with this mark may play any position when (a) they are not pitching or observing the required rest days and (b) when all possible players that can fill a certain position are not capable of playing due to injury or other circumstance.

SPESIALE NOTASIE VIR FIELDING | SPECIAL NOTATION FOR FIELDING
South Yerfilag uses the standard fielding notation.
0 is DH; 1 is Pitcher; 2 is Catcher; 3 is 1B; 4 is 2B; 5 is 3B; 6 is SS; 7 is LF; 8 is CF; 9 is RF.

PERSONEEL | STAFF
POSNUMNAMEAGEGENDER
Manager98Eoin Kirkland46M
Pitching Coach19Marja Larsson27F
Fielding Coach40Percy Billings42M
1B Coach68Patrick Swart42M
3B Coach60Cassandra Knight34F
Bench Coach11Eefje Roentgen36F

Choose my Runscorers: YES - check the roster at the end of each RP. (e.g. If we play in a DH situation, the pitcher obviously cannot score.)
Godmod Scoring Events: YES
Choose my Lineup: NO - check the roster at the end of each RP.
Choose my Pitching Rotation: NO - I will select the pitcher rotation. (Also see below.***) TG me if you’re not sure who will face you.
RP Injuries to my Players: YES - however, ***you may not injure a pitcher in any way or cause a major injury to any other player unless you TG me first! (Usually I will accept injury offers, but let me know first!)
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes - See above.
Eject my Players: YES - you may eject up to one (1) player (including a pitcher) and one (1) staff member per game. If you TG me first, you may eject one (1) additional player, unless s/he is pitching that game. (Especially if s/he is relief for an ejected pitcher!) If you RP a bench-clearing fight, TG me so that we can work out who the RSY manager will recall to the bench (substitution players only).
Godmod Other Events: YES - except TG me for extremes such as extreme weather, curfew, light failure, or killing players. No staff may be killed. Only one (1) player may be killed for the duration of the tournament.

When we are the home team, we play using the MLB DH rule.
(a) You may designate one (1) player to be all-time hitter. (position 0)
(b) You may elect to have the pitcher bat, but you forfeit the right to have a DH for that game.
(c) You may send the DH to the field, but (1) the pitcher must then bat, and (2) you may not select another DH for the game.
Last edited by South Yerfilag on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former puppet of Damukuni. Now a puppet of Eshan.

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:16 pm

The Sword Bloke Thunder

Starting Rotation-
Number of order, Name, Number on back, Throws
1, Shop Owner, #1, R-R
2, James Hulkkins, #6, R-R
3, Geoff Prayer, #21, R-R
4, Jamie Handoff, #33, R-R
5, Craig Ortens, #38, L-L

Bullpen-
CL: Paddy Marcins, #26, L-L
SU: Ormond Owner, #9, R-R
MR: Kris Timothy, #8, R-R
MR: George Landon, #23, R-R
MR: Eli Morton, #29, R-R
MR: Robbie Karton, #44, R-R
LR: Tommy Joy, #39, L-L
LR/MR: Braydon Green, #14, R-R

Fielding Lineup-
Position, Name, Number on back, bats, fields
C: Jim Ursolos, #33, L-L
1B: Sammy Green, #5, R-R
2B: Jay Cross, #12, R-R
3B: Markus Power, #21, L-L
SS: Jason Mear, #40, R-R
LF: Jesse Julians-Norman, #30, R-R
CF: James Barnton, #27, L-L
RF: Jules Burton, #43, R-R
DH(If allowed): Craig Baseman, #22, R-L

Bench-
Position, Name, Number on back, Bats, Fields
C: Cam Yornta, #50, R-R
2B: Brian Georges, #19, R-R
3B/DH: Craig Baseman, #22, R-L
OF: Kosta Maglis, #31, L-L
C: Owen Martin, #35, R-R
UIF: Scotty Patch, #48, L-L
OF: Jason Cumbings, #24, R-R

Head Coach, Captain-Coach, Bench Manager, Pitching Coach, etc.- Shop Owner

Choose my Lineup: Y
Choose my Runscorers: Y
RP Injuries: Flick me a PM First
Godmod Injuries: N
Follow my Rotation: Y
Eject my players: N
Godmod other events: Pm me first
Use DH at home: Y
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Cosumar National Baseball Team
WBC 35 Nova Anglicana

Roster and Information

Basic Team Information

Nation - The Fiefdom of Cosumar
Demonym - Cosumarite
Region - Atlantian Oceania
Official Colors - Royal Blue, White, Navy, Silver
Domestic League - Professional Baseball League of Cosumar ("PBL")
History - This is Cosumar's 20th WBC. Though the Dragons are experienced at this competition, they have never been particularly successful. Our ranking of 9th in WBC34 was one of our highest ever, though it has dipped slightly from the peak ranking of #7 we achieved following a semifinals appearance in WBC 32.
Style Modifier - -2.5

Stadia

Primary Stadium - Orangi Field (Indoor, Capacity 55.000)

Sponsored by Cosumar's most popular carbonated beverage "Orangi Flavored Sodas", Orangi Field is an enormous indoor baseball complex in Holmenkollen, a suburb of capitol city Ramusok. In pleasant weather, the dome's roof will be open, welcoming that beloved sunny-day baseball game feel. However, in the event of precipitation, the roof can be closed as seen below. Orangi Field was constructed prior to Cosumar's WBC 18 campaign. It has been selected to once again serve as the Dragons' primary home field for the 35th World Baseball Classic.

Secondary Stadium - Royal Park (Outdoor, Capacity 41.000)

Royal Park is a beautiful old-fashioned field that serves as the home field for our most famous domestic team, the Ramusok Royals. Although not as high-tech as Orangi Field, Royal Park is legendary because of its rich history. It is known as Royal Park not just because of the team name of its tennant, but also because it is just right down the road from the Royal Palace. King James II himself is often sighted here for games. From the natural green grass to the cheap food, 59-year-old Royal Park offers the classic ballgame experience. Decades worth of tradition and amazing moments of Cosumarite baseball. It will serve as an alternate to Orangi Field in case of emergency, and our FIRST home game is always played here due to tradition.

Uniform

The uniform of Cosumar Baseball, as always, consists of a navy shirt with silver sleeves and pants. The hat is also navy, with a silver C in the center. The socks are silver with a blue stripe. The number will go in the top right corner of the front of the shirt and in the center on the back. The player's last name will be placed on the back, arched over the number.

Coaching Staff

Manager - Toby MacHart

This will be MacHart's fourth WBC in charge, after replacing 87-year-old longtime manager Don Clintson after WBC 31. MacHart, 63, is much younger than his predecessor, but still offers a bevy of experience in the game. He was a PBL superstar as a player until a knee injury cut short his legacy at age 29. After a few failed comebacks were stalled by nagging knee issues, MacHart decided to go into coaching since he couldn't play anymore. At 32, he became the youngest PBL manager in history with expansion team Olask Bulldogs. After a long and successful tenure at Olask, he departed to become a baseball broadcast specialist for CSBN for many years. He made his grand return to coaching to assist Clintson in WBC 31 as an assistant. Clintson's stroke just before WBC 32 thrust MacHart into his first managerial position in over a decade, but he thrived right away. The players love him and draw from his energy and confidence.

First Base Coach - Rodney Bellums

Bellums was a college star and a former #1 draft pick. After a few seasons in the PBL it was clear he was a huge bust, not cut out for the big leagues. After being downgraded to the minor leagues and disappointing even at that level, Bellums bitterly decided he was done with baseball. He tried an assortment of projects including starting businesses but none were successful. After many years he decided to go back to the game he loved - but this time as a coach. He started out with small positions for small teams but eventually worked his way up to become to First Base Coach of the National Team. 57 years old.

Third Base Coach - Louis Copenhaver

Copenhaver is much different than his fellow coaches. He was never really much of a baseball player. He just loved to watch his hometown team - the Ramusok Royals. His enthusiasm for the Royals earned him the spot of "Bat Boy" at age 13. He stuck with the job for 5 or 6 years and was mentored in the finer points of the game by Don Clintson himself. When their opening for Base Running Coach came up a few years later, Copenhaver was persistent and gave them no choice but to hire him. After awhile he continued to move up in the organization. Last year was his ninth season as the Royals' third base coach and is in the running to fill the vacancy that just opened up at Manager. When Don Clintson left the Royals to be the National Team manager, who better to be the third base coach than his protégée Copenhaver? Clintson is now gone, but Copenhaver has earned the respect of all the other players and coaches with his brilliant baseball mind and friendly demeanor. He is currently 41 years old.

Pitchers

First Starter - 06 - Byron Na'Zouma - (R/R, 5"11, 190, 29)
Second Starter - 48 - Wiljo Asplund - (R/R, 6"4, 240, 26)
Third Starter - 19 - Antonius Linnmon - (L/L, 6"1, 185, 29)
Fourth Starter - 83 - Mariah Couthman - (L/L, 5"9, 150, 24)
Reliever (Long) - 33 - Alex Fürst - (L/L, 6"0, 190, 31)
Reliever (Long) - 49 - Marcus Sundurrajan - (R/R, 5"10, 175, 28)
Reliever (Middle) - 99 - Hektar Leskvik - (R/R, 6"5, 250, 30)
Reliever (Middle) - 74 - Tor Åge Rydsheim - (L/L, 6"2, 220, 26)
Reliever (Set-Up) - 65 - Giuliano Limon - (L/L, 6"3, 220, 24)
Reliever (Anytime/Utility) - 82 - Ramnared Skälberg - (R/R, 6"2, 202, 26)
Closer - 36 - Alf Carver - (R/R, 6"5, 220, 34)
Closer - 79 - Eldrad Agholor - (L/L, 6"0, 205, 30)

Infield

Starters at each position listed first

Catcher - 16 - Galindor Deptula - (R/R, 6"2, 235, 31)
Catcher - 03 - Clyde Karis - (R/R, 6"1, 210, 28)
First Base - 53 - Jaakko Sandström - (R/R, 6"1, 195, 29)
First Base - 06 - Myrddin Förnufting - (L/L, 6"0, 215, 23)
Second Base - 12 - Arron Huddleston - (L/R, 5"11, 170, 28)
Second Base - 13 - Delroy Thomson - (S/S, 6"0, 165, 29)
Third Base - 30 - Leonard Andrews - (L/L, 5"11, 220, 27)
Third Base - 75 - Maciek Arkelstorp - (R/R, 6"2, 223, 24)
Short Stop - 03 - Theo Garnett - (S/R, 6"1, 150, 29)
Short Stop - 01 - Rune O'Byrne - (R/R, 6"0, 200, 34)

Outfield

Left Field - 15 - Kshathra Vairya - (R/R, 6"0, 215, 33)
Left Field - 48 - Archibald Spedden - (L/L, 6"3, 230, 24)
Center Field - 09 - Olin Allain - (R/L, 6"1, 194, 25)
Center Field - 11 - Malina Carasova - (L/L, 5"7, 130, 27)
Right Field - 51 - Ponce De Forte - (L/L, 6"5, 210, 28)
Right Field - 67 - Fieldin Hasselvika - (R/R, 5"10, 175, 28)

Batting Order / Starting Line-up

1 - K. VAIRYA - (LF, R)
2 - T. GARNETT - (SS, S)
3 - P. DE FORTE (RF, L)
4 - D. THOMSON (DH/2B, S)
5 - J. SANDSTRÖM - (1B, R)
6 - L. ANDREWS - (3B, L)
7 - G. DEPTULA - (C, R)
8 - A. HUDDLESTON - (2B, L)
9 - O. ALLAIN - (CF, R)

We prefer to use a Designated Hitter. If DHs are not in use, remove him from the batting order. Slide everyone else up one spot and place the pitcher last.

OOC Permissions

Choose my runscorers: Y
Choose my lineup: N
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Eject my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
Designated Hitters: Y
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:31 pm

United States of Devonta National Baseball Team

Coach: Vince "the man" Lombardy
Manager: Nelson Roderick
Modifier: -1

STARTERS

1B - # 11 Peteboy Wright
2B - # 23 JoJo Hernandez
3B - # 45 Elie Wiesel
SS - # 6 Brad Leon
LF - # 32 Louie Lee
CF - # 2 Alexander Cassoa
RF - # 8 Jeremy Croat
C - # 18 Wade Thompson

PITCHING

P - # 1 Caleb Rodriguez
P - #41 David Farro
P - #42 Lewis Griffey
P - #33 J.T Slammer
P - #53 Tobby Griffin
SU - #26 Dewayne Vandell
P - #97 Peter Griffin
P - #34 Kendrick Horner

RP PERMISSIONS: Anything short of death.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:08 am

HERE COME THE TIGERS: WBC35 ROSTER

The Tigers began at the twenty-third World Baseball Classic, held in Qazox, not looking to do that well. To their surprise, they performed quite well after all, winning six and losing a mere four to place third, only behind co-debutants Maklohi Vai on tiebreakers. This pattern of "really quite well, but not quite well enough" continued under manager Thomas Yaft, as a 5-5 record and fourth-place finish in Lycrabon at WBC 24 and a 5-5 record and third-place finish by virtue of the second tiebreaker, H2H RD, which put them behind Skeckoa by three runs and led to minor controversy in Equestrian States for WBC 25.

They finally broke through at Cassadaigua for WBC 26, with a last-day victory Allinlia giving them a 6-4 record and sealing their path through to the Promised Land of the playoffs for the first time in their now twelve-year history. But against the Phoenixes of Equestrian States, they stood no chance, as the Equestrians swept them out of the Round of 24 two games to none.

After this, the nation founded the International Baseball Slam, but at IBS I and II, they found only middling success, placing fourth and sixth in a field of eight nations.

At WBC 27, they bested the same Phoenixes to go six and two in Maklohi Vai and Saintland and clinched a spot in the Round of 16 thanks to their superior victory. But Kriegersen swept them out of the tournament, and going into WBC 28 with a fourteenth-place ranking, they still had not won more than six games in a tournament or won a playoff match. At IBS III, this troubling trend continued as Nova Anglicana swept them out of the quarterfinals despite their 5-1 record propelling the Tigers to the number-one seed.

After a 6-4 record in the WBC 28, the Tigers went through a difficult bracket to defeat Maklohi Vai, Vaugania, Nova Anglicana, and the Royal Barangay in thirteen games and found themselves world champions and world number-two. While many cried "fluke", especially after they failed to advance out of the group stage at IBS IV, they continued to charge through the playoffs of the WBC, this time beating Feministvs Sanctvsterra, Ko-oren, and Cassadaigua, all good teams, before playing The Royal Barangay with revenge, the world number-one ranking, the world crown, and for the Tigers, a chance to become the fourth team to defend their crown. The Royal Barangay took the series lead twice, but each time the Tigers responded to force a deciding Game Five.

They lost, the bullpen, so reliable during the playoffs, imploding and conceding just enough runs for the Indios to wrest away the world championship. But at IBS V, Imota beat three-time champions Gregoryisgodistan in the quarterfinals, and the Tigers took advantage of the power vacuum to, after beating Nova Anglicana again in the semifinals, defeat newcomers Orennana in the championship series to take the IBS title. And after winning the bid to co-host WBC 30 with New Wolfopolis, they once again took back the WBC crown after defeating Jeckland three games to one in the finals. But after a dynamo group stage at the IBS VI, they proceeded to royally screw up their playoff pool, falling to Mammoreck and then being knocked out via a 15-2 thrashing at the hands of Imota.

And then they won thirty-nine games in a row and swept Jeckland to take WBC 31. Despite a mediocre showing at the IBS, dynastic brilliance lead Imotan sportswriters to declare it the "Age of the Llama". Whereupon the Tigers crashed out in the group stages of WBC32 and was forced to rest WBC33.

After WBC33 was skipped entirely and most of the disappointing team taken out, the LBF decided to re-enter the nation's beloved Tigers back into the run. At WBC34, the underdog Tigers, featuring a new-look, younger core complete with refreshed uniforms, managed a semifinal showing. Now, they'll try to build on that and win it all. The all-time record for most WBCs won is still just one tournament away...

JERSEYS! "Home" "Away"

The home jerseys are the new style of the Tigers. Whereas before the Tigers used Vulpine Sportif's sleek navy pinstripes on a white jersey, now they've switched to a simpler, blue-and-gold one. The style made its debut at WBC34, receiving rave reviews, and the designers behind it have decided not to fix what's broken.

At WBC34, the rarely-used away jerseys were green-and-white. Attempting to make more of a statement when the team actually wore the alternates, the new aways are designed to make a statement, with light blue lettering on a black shirt and sharp orange-white trim. Both are considered improvements over WBC34, and hopefully the play will improve as well.

OF Jarred Bergenson-Eckert
3B-SS Stefan Danilo
OF Owen Duffy
OF Tanya Ericsson
1B-OF Travis Faulkner
SS Xander Fiers
C Albert Ford
C-1B Blake Frazier
2B Miriam Karjalainen
3B-2B Michael Higgs-Novak
1B Maddie Polanco
OF Tobias Wagner
LHSP Angeline Romero
RHSP Josh Foukes
RHSP Kyle Hogan
RHSP Brad Rodriguez
LH Long Ryan York
RH LOOGY Justin Knutsen
LH Middle Annalise Saucedo
RH Middle Ryan O'Reilly
RH Setup Nate Jorgensen
LH Setup Hanna Valentin
RH Setup Adam Li
RH Closer Corey Vucevic
RH Fireman Troy Vasquez

Jarred BERGENSON-ECKERT, #34, 25, OF
2018 season: .337/.388/.442, 9 HR, 56 RBI, 50 SB
Bergenson-Eckert, the first pick of the 2016 draft (and the last of three consecutive first-pick outfielders - Ericsson, center-fielder Jason Fernandez, and Bergenson-Eckert - is known for blazing speed, immense range, and an underrated arm. Eckert's swing is one intended to produce lots of slow choppers and ground-ball singles, with a bit of a downwards incline, and has some punch - good reflexes help him immensely, and he's able to recognize and adapt to pitches very well, although he is a bit of a free-swinger. Bergenson-Eckert is very quick as well, even if there's not much power. A very useful role player, and one who should be getting chances to contribute, even if just as a pinch-runner.

Stefan DANILO, #07, 26, SS-3B
2018 season: .309/.367/.520, 27 HR, 89 RBI, 15 SB
Danilo is a great, error-free defender at third base, a very good one at shortstop, and a decent one in the outfield (or even, once, at first). This versatility and defensive prowess couple with decent power from the left side. Can be counted on to spell Xander Fiers at short and make a start or two in the outfield, all while contributing well-rounded, powerful hitting. Hits a disproportionate number of triples.

Owen DUFFY, #35, 27, OF
2018 season: .277/.343/.485, 22 HR, 79 RBI, 11 SB
Absolutely stunning defensively, Duffy regularly reaches over the wall to snag would-be home runs: known for saving huge amounts of runs and showing little sign of decline even at 27, he's a fan favorite for the powerhouse New Llama Cyclones with his huge range and strong arm. Offensively, he's shown potential for increased power, and his instincts on the base-paths have increased greatly, although he'll never be an offensive star.

Tanya ERICSSON, #26, 25, OF
2018 season: .283/.320/.496, 29 HR, 93 RBI, 28 SB
Made the first overall draft pick four years ago, Ericsson's high-effort play has won many fans amongst old-school baseball viewers, and her underrated defense and high value have won the sabermetric community over as well. A true five-tool player, but possibly a bit of a hacker. Still someone with huge potential, even already considering she's a five-WAR outfielder two years in a row.

Travis FAULKNER, #10, 28, 1B-OF-DH
2018 season: .308/.384/.559, 33 HR, 98 RBI, 0 SB
Switch-hitting Travis Faulkner used to be an all-bat, no-glove shortstop, obviously not the position you'd want somebody all-bat and no-glove. A misadventure at third base later, he's now primarily a first baseman and corner outfielder, more traditional positions for someone of his profile. Maybe the manager would like more flexibility out of his players, but a big bat's a big bat. And even on a team that typically endorses defense and versatility, bats as powerful as Faulkner's can get a lot of chances to prove themselves again at an international level. The 1B-OF-DH isn't particularly fast, and his routes in the outfield are poor, meaning he won't get to a lot of balls. Other than that, though, his defense has matured from "very bad" to merely "bad". At the plate, he does everything but run. The past season was no exception.

Xander FIERS, #1, 29, SS
2018 season: .320/.365/.446, 13 HR, 71 RBI, 40 SB
Fiers was once a slick-fielding and toolsy shortstop prospect with a 70 hit grade and questionable maturity. Now, he's a perennial MVP candidate. One of the best fielders in the league, and his hitting is strong as well, although injuries to his left wrist has sapped both power and potential to go the other way. He's primarily a doubles hitter to left-center now, but he can still make contact and beat out throws, keeping his average nice and high. There's some air of wasted potential, a possible generation player now just very good. Fans tend to assuage those pains by watching him field, where he remains a generational talent.

Albert FORD, #18, 26, C
2018 season: .312/.400/.433, 11 HR, 77 RBI, 15 SB
Ford is a smart player who can do the little things and stretch his talent as far as he can. Take, for instance, his good instincts on the basepaths leading to a slow-footed catcher stealing fifteen bases last season - that's hardly a new experience for Ford, who stole 18 in the year before. Slow bat speed is a big mark against him, and against some fireballers he just can't keep up, but this he combats with dedicated video study and analysis of scouting reports, knowing when the fastball will come so he can lay it off or cheat on it. Ford is one of the best catchers in the game defensively, though, with good blocking and pitch-calling (coming from still more preparation).

Blake FRAZIER, #81, 26, C-1B
2018 season: .249/.315/.520, 33 HR, 85 RBI, 0 SB
Frazier is a switch-hitting catcher with decent power and a strong career line against left-handed pitchers (in 375 career plate appearances, he's hitting .307/.405/.618 against them) who can field adequately, but not particularly well. While the late bloomer often struggles with breaking balls, there is no questioning his work ethic or raw power. An interesting prospect, although the decision to have him as a vital bench piece may go disastrously wrong as he faces the world's best.

Miriam KARJALAINEN, #12, 25, 2B
2018 season: .289/.330/.425, 9 HR, 51 RBI, 59 SB
Miriam Karjalainen has been described as "disturbingly quick". The second-baseman may be the quickest in the league, a base-stealer who rivals Brett Rochester in terms of historical prowess. She's hardly a power hitter, although a .136 ISO is probably around .080 more than you'd expect, but the ISO is inflated by a number of doubles that probably shouldn't have been doubles. Wily and spry, one of the best at reading pitchers' intentions from first base - or, surprisingly often, second and third - it comes as no surprise that she has phenomenal range, although poor hands lead to lots of bobbles, making 2B a good fit for her. She can also play SS and even some outfield, making her a useful piece to rotate about.

Michael HIGGS-NOVAK, #14, 25, 3B-2B
2018 season: .324/.382/.519, 24 HR, 99 RBI, 31 SB
An undrafted free agent out of high school, Higgs-Novak was picked up after bouncing around the minor leagues before Nandaozhou gave him a shot after six years in the minors. He delivered in his rookie year as first a bench piece and then an unexpected starter, hitting .286/.350/.471 with 18 stolen bases in ninety-six appearances, and he took a huge step forwards in 2018. Higgs-Novak has power to both gaps and can hit very well and with power to the opposite field, and he's very quick. His batting stroke is a line-drive swing with little arc, and he rarely strikes out. His defense is exceptional despite a mediocre arm, and he's a lifelong student of the game.

Maddie POLANCO, #23, 30, 1B
2018 season: .306/.399/.478, 18 HR, 79 RBI, 28 SB
You wouldn't expect to have a star first baseman be quick on the basepaths, good at racking up doubles, and a fantastic defender who's able to scoop anything out of the dirt. At least, not anywhere else in the world. But Maddie Polanco is exactly that, and although she doesn't hit home runs like the star first basemen of other teams, she's a fantastic player and has won the MVP before, all with unimpressive HR totals.

Tobias WAGNER, #33, 30, OF
2018 season: .247/.330/.498, 34 HR, 106 RBI, 27 SB
Wagner has huge tools, but has never managed to combine his physical gifts with a feasible batting approach and a decent average. As he's lengthened his swing to gain more power, his average has dropped precipitously. A few injuries have slowed down once-blazing speed (a career high of 48 stolen bases). Things aren't all pessimistic for the center-fielder, though - his routes are still very good, he combines speed and power, and he has a rocket of an arm. His combination of talents make him very streaky and a high-variance bet, but there's a chance he becomes a historical star.

The Tigers' versatility may leave you confused. Don't worry - a depth chart has been prepared below. For convenience's sake, Jarred Bergenson-Eckert's last name has been shortened to just "Eckert".

LF: Wagner - Duffy - Eckert - Faulkner
CF: Ericsson - Eckert - Wagner - Duffy
RF: Duffy - Wagner - Ericsson - Eckert
3B: Higgs-Novak - Danilo
SS: Fiers - Danilo - Karjalainen
2B: Karjalainen - Higgs-Novak
1B: Polanco - Frazier - Faulkner
DH: Faulkner - Frazier - Wagner

Angeline ROMERO, #40, 23, L
2018 season: 16-7, 2.03 ERA, 158 IP, 150 K/28 BB
Absolutely dominant last season, Romero is a five-pitch pitcher with three dominant offerings and impeccable command whose pitch selection is geared towards efficiency (better to get a quick ground-ball out than waste six pitches to get a strikeout). Her fastball itself isn't much, flat and topping out at ninety-two. Neither is the eephus, which still tends to hang more often and probably won't be used except as a gimmick. But three dominant breaking pitches - the shootball, cutter, and splitter, all around the same mid-80s speed, all with devastating movement in different directions - will ensure a parade of whiffs and weak contact.

Josh FOUKES, #28, 26, R
2018 season: 17-5, 2.49 ERA, 200 IP, 223 K/62 BB
After a few injury-lost seasons and recovery, Josh Foukes has finally put things together again. While he'll never hit 99 like he did before, he's still a power pitcher whose primary offerings are a fastball that tops out at ninety-seven and a very effective slider. Foukes also has a good changeup that's fast as changeups go but also has a lot of downwards movement, and the three pitches, all of which are very good, combine to form a dominant arsenal.

Kyle HOGAN, #25, 27, R
2018 season: 19-7, 2.97 ERA, 201 IP, 233 K/67 BB
A mid-90s fastball with a devilish bit of late sink to it and a very hard low-90s cutter make Hogan unhittable, and he has a reputation as a hard-working, competitive ace for the New Llama Wizards, famously never missing a start over his six LBL seasons. His mid-80s slider tends to hang out in the middle of the plate too often, and his low-80s changeup is a change of pace without much movement or command. Although Hogan is a little mistake-prone, with questionably consistent command, he loves going up, in, and up-and-in.

Brad RODRIGUEZ, #31, 30, R
2018 season: 20-2, 2.67 ERA, 192 IP, 185 K/50 BB
Rodriguez's "stuff" isn't the best, but his absurd control makes him a dangerous opponent to face and one most hitters would rather avoid. A fastball that tops out at 94 isn't too impressive, but he can make it spin however he wants and couples it with a big-break curve to devastating effect. Rodriguez has also crafted a decent low-90s two-seamer to add to his repertoire, and the three pitches, all brilliantly commanded, are deadly.

A note: these are their recommended roles, but most of these are elite Llamanean relievers and can fill other roles pretty well. In the Llamanean baseball leagues, roles tend to be flexible. The closer usually isn't the best pitcher - that'd be the fireman. Think Dellin Betances or 2014 Wade Davis - not the closer, but better than them.

Long: Ryan YORK, #58, 25
2018 season: 13-8, 2.90 ERA, 158 IP, 144 K/52 BB
Left-handed Ryan York has been an enticing prospect for a while ever since hapless Morsboro Athletic took him with the sixth pick of the 2014 LBL Draft. Since then, York's low-90s fastball and devastating curve have made him into a solid, if a bit inconsistent, starter. One would hope that a move to the bullpen would let him gain velocity and use his curveball more often, making him an ideal reliever for stints both short and long.

LOOGY: Justin KNUTSEN, #20, 32
2018 season: 1-2, 0.99 ERA, 36 IP, 35 K/10 BB
Justin Knutsen is an enigma. Why so? The answer is simple - he's a right-handed LOOGY. Knutsen's unique breaking ball, a bit of a sinker-slider combination in terms of movement deemed the "Knut" and created by Knutsen during third grade, has the ideal spin to get lefties out, and he's been using the mid-80s pitch as his only decent offering. While hitters have started to adapt to Knutsen (who didn't make the majors until he was 30), he seems to be a decent choice for the WBC considering his odd style.

Left-Handed Middle: Annalise SAUCEDO, #55, 27
2018 season: 3-3, 2.57 ERA, 65 IP, 60 K/22 BB
Saucedo used to be a middling fastball-slider reliever with a flat 93-mph main offering and a decent slider, if one that she often slipped up on. Her career changed, though, when she mastered a changeup that looked identical to her fastball, but was easily 15 mph slower. With the new offering, Saucedo can easily keep hitters off balance and without timing, mixing in a slider every so often. She has very good command, although she can try to get too fine on the edges of the strike zone.

Right-Handed Middle: Ryan O'REILLY, #57, 25
2018 season: 5-0, 1.92 ERA, 62 IP, 58 K/15 BB
Ryan O'Reilly is a archetypal sinking fastball pitcher who throws the sinker almost 85% of the time. The sinker itself tops out at around 94 but dives down and in, and O'Reilly can change grips at will to tinker with the pitch's movement and velocity, making him difficult to adapt to despite only having one real pitch. Early in his career, O'Reilly was an unsuccessful starter when mixing in a curve and fastball more often, so he's become a one-pitch reliever and had success in the role.

Right-Handed Setup: Nate JORGENSEN, #55, 22
2018 season: 3-0, 0.26 ERA, 34 IP, 35 K/9 BB
People tend not to select relievers that have only pitched thirty-four career innings in the majors. On the other hand, it's hard to make any argument against Jorgensen's phenomenal 2018 season (after being drafted in June and immediately being sent up to the bigs) in which he pitched thirty-four innings and gave up exactly one earned run. The likely culprit is his dominant forkball, one of the first pitchers to really throw the pitch in the LBL in a while. The forkball, featuring late-breaking tumble and a speed of around 89 mph, has ensured Jorgensen's rise to stardom despite not really having much else. However, against nations that actually know what a forkball is, he may struggle, making this a questionable choice.

Left-Handed Setup: Hanna VALENTIN, #43, 25
2018 season: 2-3, 1.88 ERA, 55 IP, 60 K/31 BB
Hanna Valentin is one of the newer Llamanean relievers, but in her two years she's absolutely carved up the LBL. Valentin, who has spent time pitching abroad in two other nations before returning to Super-Llamaland, has perfected a very good two-seamed fastball (which she throws at ninety-seven) and a decent slurve, which she uses to keep hitters off balance. The secret to hitting off of her is to either be good at hitting 97-mph, inwards-breaking fastballs, or to just wait for the slurve - of course, both are easier said than done. Although she's known for being reliable in the clutch, how Valentin will react to such a big stage is still up in the air.

Right-Handed Setup: Adam LI, #29, 28
2018 Season: 5-3, 2.00 ERA, 62 IP, 75 K/14 BB
Adam Li is a bullpen flamethrower, but one with very good control. His fastball, which both sinks and cuts just enough to be a nuisance, ranges from 95 to 97 miles per hour, and he also has a very good curveball with tight spin and good downwards movement. After dabbling with a few other unsuccessful pitches, he's moved back to the fastball-curve combination, with solid effects. Dominant and reliable.

Closer: Corey VUCEVIC, #32, 29
2018 season: 3-3, 2.59 ERA, 58 IP, 70 K/13 BB
On first glance, Vucevic's appearance, velocity, and stat line all seem a bit pedestrian for the Tigers. But the right-handed reliever's extremely high BABIP points to, if not bad luck, the quality of the defense behind him. A ground-ball pitcher, Vucevic's primary pitch is a 86-mph splitter that he can use in any count with no fear - it has great movement and rarely hangs. He mixes in a slow curveball that doesn't hang but doesn't do too much, either. Vucevic broke out after replacing his mediocre fastball with a much better cutter, and the newest pitch and its late-breaking spin pushed him onto the national team and into the closer's role.

Fireman: Troy VASQUEZ, #50, 27
2018 season: 7-2, 1.59 ERA, 67 IP, 109 K/24 BB
The star of almost every bullpen, Vasquez is one of the most dominant relievers Super-Llamaland has ever seen - in roughly 450 career innings, he's struck out well over 700 batters. A flat, 96-mph fastball pairs with both a 90-mph shuuto, referred to as a shootball or xuanzhuan in Llamanea (breaking hard one way) and a 88-mph cutter (breaking hard the other way), both dominant breaking pitches, making him virtually unhittable. If that weren't enough, he's also managed to perfect a changeup, destroying hitters' sense of movement and timing. Arm issues have started to pop up recently, but careful management by his team has kept them relatively minor, and his control and movement are still enough to make him dominant.

Manager: Alex CAMERON, 58, #07 (Manager, South Falls)
Pitching Coach: J.R. SHEFFIELD, 60 (Pitching coach, South Falls)
Hitting Coach: Castor INRIQUEZ, 44 (Hitting coach, Wheathampton)
First-base & Bench Coach: Nick HORRY, 68 (Manager, New Llama Wizards)
Third-base Coach: Colin NITTLEDEEN, 47 (Manager, Rogers City)
Bullpen Coach: Will KEARNS, 64 (Pitching coach, Emerald Springs)
Team Trainer: Rick AMELIO, 52 (Trainer, South Bryant)
Video Coordinator: Celia JOHANSSON, 46 (Video Coordinator, New Llama Cyclones)
Strategy Consultant: Jed ROTHSCHILD, 38 (Director of In-Game Strategy, Nandaozhou)

Yes, Alex Cameron, Tigers superstar throughout six-classics and all-time home runs leader, is the manager. After his playing days ended, retiring after the Tigers' championship run to WBC 28, he took to managing quickly. Moving quickly up the minor-league ladder, he soon secured jobs at Ruby Falls, and after guiding the team to decency when they only deserved mediocrity, was fired after a disastrous start to his seventh season, the team going 13-29 to start things off on the wrong foot. After that, he joined his old team, Apple Valley, for a few decent years before new club South Falls, in anticipation of their creation, hired him to take the team's young players to the next level - and he's delivered, leading the team all the day to the finals of the President's Cup.

The others are all some of the best coaches around the nation - leaders and innovators, every last one, in their own way. Special notice was given to clubhouse chemistry. A few minor swaps have been implemented - Colin Nittledeen and Rick Amelio are the new faces in usual positions, Nick Horry's fiefdom has extended to include being bench coach, and a team of video coordinators, featuring one of the first female staff members, as well as infamously flippant "assistant" Jed Rothschild have been brought in to best guide the Tigers.

1. SS Xander Fiers
2. 1B Maddie Polanco
3. 3B Stefan Danilo
4. LF Tobias Wagner
5. CF Tanya Ericsson
6. C Albert Ford
7. RF Owen Duffy
8. 2B Miriam Karjalainen
9. Pitcher

1. SS Xander Fiers
2. 1B Maddie Polanco
3. LF Tobias Wagner
4. DH Travis Faulkner
5. CF Tanya Ericsson
6. C Albert Ford
7. 3B Stefan Danilo
8. RF Owen Duffy
9. 2B Miriam Karjalainen

Lineups are subject to change.

3B Alex Cameron (#7)
SS Darren Bradley (#15)
SP Evan Masorka (#43)
2B Max Danks (#2)
RP Nick Bowden (#44)
RP Tom Jones (#92)

Choose my lineup: Yes, within reason
Godmod scoring events: Yes, but TG for approval to be safe
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but I determine severity
Godmod injuries to my players: No unless explicit approval
Eject my players: An equal number or less to the number of your players ejected
Godmod other events: TG for approval
Use DH at home: ABSOLUTELY NOT
Last edited by Super-Llamaland on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves

#4 2B Shirtmaker 9DHUAS (Bats Right/Throws Right Age 26)
#14 1B Chauffeur JJIASDES (L/R Age 31)
#3 LF Soldier JSIAISKS (L/R Age 32)
#33 C Enemy Crusher Bobby Furgles (R/R Age 26) - strikes out a lot, but when he hits it, it's going a long way; he is also very poor defensively and may be replaced late in games if we are winning.
#18 DH Barber LIEUIUSH (S/R Age 28)
#41 RF Lumberjack JSUUSI99387 (R/R Age 29)
#13 3B Grammar Enforcement Officer CUPSI19291 (R/R, Age 23)
#21 CF Navy SuperAdmiral Kurt DeathToSanJoseGuayabal (L/L Age 28)
#2 SS Cow Herder BYD1727 (R/R, Age 20)

If there is no DH and a right-hander is pitching against Gregoryisgodistan, move Barber LIEUIUSH to right field and bench Lumberjack JSUUSI99387. If there is no DH and a left-hander is pitching against Gregoryisgodistan, move Barber LIEUIUSH to right field, move Lumberjack JSUUSI99387 to center field, and bench Navy SuperAdmiral Kurt DeathToSanJoseGuayabal. Either way, move everyone else up one and bat the pitcher ninth.

Pitching Rotation (all pitchers bat the same way they throw except if noted)

#40 SP: Soldier USUALSO (R Age 27)
#45 SP: Sockmaker 818ZAUE (L Age 27)
#32 SP: Spelling Enforcement Officer 01AHH183 (R Age 28)
#60 SP: Pervert Chaser DPDUDU38 (R Age 24)

Bullpen:

#46 Long Relief: Slave Beater JUF8130 (R Age 28)
#29 Middle Relief: Lampmaker 82477GSS (L Age 33)
#47 Middle Relief: Carpenter DHHAUS (R Age 21)
#22 Set-up Man: Slave Beater QAIIZ1 (R Age 20)
#25 Set-up Man/Closer: Gruelmaker 128SUAUAUDY8181 (R Age 20)
#50 Closer: Chef SHSUUAISSADF (L/Switch hitter Age 23)

Bench:

#20 C Cheese Police 4827HDKSXZ (R/R Age 22) (often brought in as a late-game defensive replacement.)
#26 1B: Slavecatcher LA1929ZBA (L/R Age 24)
#5 IF: Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Speedy Berry (S/R Age 24)
#34 1B/OF: Soldier XX1AMMZZ (R/R Age 29)
#11 OF: Prune Farmer IKEALUKA9 (L/L Age 20)

Coaching Staff:

#63 Manager: Assistant Sports Minister Grant Armstrong (Age 46)
#67 Pitching Coach: Slave Catcher FHFHDIAFG13 (Age 44)
#64 Hitting Coach: Deputy Sports Commissioner Hayes Charkoal (Age 51)
#61 Fielding Coach: Executioner 9D8AH (Age 35)
#65 Third Base Coach: Assistant Sports Minister Charlie Jordan (Age 38)
#66 First Base Coach: Schoolteacher 19DHAHE (Age 40)
#24 Bench Coach: Grammar Enforcement Officer OOA0010 (R/R Age 33)

After World Baseball Classic 33, Retiree 913H012S retired as manager and bench coach Assistant Sports Minister Grant Armstrong was promoted to take his place. Backup catcher Grammar Enforcement Officer OOA0010 announced his retirement from play in order to become the bench coach and Cheese Police 4827HDKSXZ took his place as backup/defensive replacement. Additionally, center fielder Executioner 9D8AH announced his retirement to become the fielding coach, a newly created position. Prune Farmer IKEALUKA9 will replace him on the roster, but will sit on the bench for now with Navy SuperAdmiral Kurt DeathToSanJoseGuayabal being inserted into the lineup.

Stadium:

Due to the destruction of Lord Almighty Gregory Baseball Stadium by Wolfopian terrorists (OOC: actually a Gregoryisgodistani false flag), all home games will be played at Pervert Chaser NAUSJW Ballpark, formerly known as Covello Field, located in District 27, about half a mile from Covello Bay. It was renamed prior to the IBS to honor former pitching coach and pitcher Pervert Chaser NAUSJW who was arrested in New Wolfopolis during the World Baseball Classic for performing his job, castrating and dickapitating Mount Tamobet players competing in the nude. He is currently in Wolfopian prison. The arrest of Pervert Chaser NAUSJW led to Gregoryisgodistan adding New Wolfopolis to the Enemy List, which according to the Gregoryisgodistani government was the impetus for the terrorist attack.

Pervert Chaser NAUSJW Ballpark seats 4,000 fans. Beyond the fence is a small patch of woods. Beyond that are some luxury houses, and beyond that is Covello Bay and the District 27 Marina, where the wealthy dock their personal yachts. The marina also has space for foreign ships to dock. It can hold fairly large ships. Ships with capacities up to 50 people should be able to dock there, possibly more if they are small enough. The marina area is off limits to Gregoryisgodistani commoners, who will be executed if they trespass, but foreigners do not need to worry about that provided they have their papers. Teams can either fly into Lord Almighty Gregory National Airport in the Capital District and travel approximately 600 miles by bus or travel by boat, dock at the marina, and rent a bus to drive about a mile to the stadium. (Walking from the marina is also possible.) Teams traveling by boat should inform the Gregoryisgodistani government as soon as possible so that customs can meet them there and space can be made for their boat. Please include the number of people traveling with you.

RP:

Choose my Lineup No - follow what was posted.
Choose my Runscorers Yes
RP Injuries Yes, one per game.
Godmod Injuries Yes, but note the above restriction.
Follow my Rotation: Yes
Eject my players: Yes, one per game unless you eject a commensurate number of yours. For instance, you can eject three of my players if you eject two of yours. This includes coaches, who can be ejected but count towards the limit. An exception is that you can eject both my manager and my pitcher for throwing at a batter after a warning (as the rules say should happen) and this counts as one ejection.
Godmod other events: Yes, do anything except kill Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state and official deity. Failed assassinations and fake assassinations using prop heads are fine. However, expect reciprocation. If you kill one of my players, that's fine, but I'm going to kill one of yours. If you don't TG me first to ask which one I'd be ok with killing, I won't TG you first, I'll just kill one, though if you kill a bench player I would kill one of your bench players, not a starter. I will do this WITHOUT CHECKING YOUR RP PERMISSIONS because it is far too complicated to figure out whether we'd both be in violation of each other's RP permissions or whether you made an exception, meaning we're both fine.
Other: If you do an RP involving my country, but do not mention it by name ("Gregoryisgodistan" without any formatting in the middle of the word such as striking "isgod" to make Gregoryisgodistan) TG me to give me a heads up. You do not need to wait for permission, and there is a chance I won't bother to reply. I frequently search for mentions of my nation so I can reply to RP's, but if you don't mention it by name, I can't do that. If for whatever IC reason you refer to my country by some other name (Gregoryisgodistan, Gregoryistan, Gregoryisnotgodistan, "that country with a name so blasphemous I cannot speak it" etc.) that is fine but either mention my country by name in an OOC note or TG me.
Use DH at home: Yes. But we're using official MLB rules, not international rules, so if you have a starting pitcher who is a good hitter, you may bat him instead of a DH, but then you lose your right to a DH for the remainder of the game even if you go to the bullpen. It also means if you move your DH to the field, you have you bat the pitcher for the remainder of the game. Normally, he would bat in the spot of the player who was replaced, but you could always do a double switch. He has to bat somewhere though.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Drawkland's Base Corps

Postby Drawkland » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:37 pm

DRAWKLAND NATIONAL BASEBALL TEAM

Name: Base Corps
Colors: Black with Red trim
Denonyms: Drawkian person, Drawkish stuff
DEBUT World Baseball Classic
Stadium: Hydrogen Cyanide Field, Drawk City
Capacity: 50,000
Manager: Angus Lockie
Head Coach: Ronan Finn
Assistant Coaching Staff:
[AC] Giovanni Daly
[H] Wallace Nestor
[F] Pedro Dennadi
[P] Bryson Crispin

BASE CORPS
STARTING ROSTER
P ## PLAYER BATS THROWS PBL TEAM
C 5 Wes Navis Right Right *Coming Soon
1B 7 Mike Navis Right Right *Coming Soon
2B 17 Roger Madison Left Right *Coming Soon
3B 9 Sean Navis Switch Right *Coming Soon
SS 20 Antonio Knight Right Right *Coming Soon
LF 31 Remy Arlington Left Left *Coming Soon
CF 33 John Wisegerber Right Right *Coming Soon
RF 22 John McCalister Left Right *Coming Soon
DH 89 Allen Brams Switch Right *Coming Soon
BASE CORPS
BENCH
C 10 Gus Gladwin Right Right *Coming Soon
1B 16 Irwin Damon Switch Right *Coming Soon
2B 25 Waldo Thurley Right Left *Coming Soon
3B 1 Arthur Killian Left Left *Coming Soon
SS 13 Lane Ingram Right Right *Coming Soon
LF 29 Floris Mandalori Left Right *Coming Soon
CF 35 Charles Castillion Switch Right *Coming Soon
RF 37 Duff Judd Left Left *Coming Soon
DH 34 Alvin Blackwood Switch Left *Coming Soon

BASE CORPS
PITCHERS
SP 44 Mark Meadows Right Right *Coming Soon
SP 50 Gavin Foss Left Left *Coming Soon
SP 45 Kole Renato Switch Switch *Coming Soon
MR 52 Sebastian Cutsod Right Right *Coming Soon
MR 53 Phillip Donahue Left Right *Coming Soon
MR 54 Edgar Sault Left Right *Coming Soon
LR 49 Maurice Manfredi Right Left *Coming Soon
LR 56 Michael Luigi Right Left *Coming Soon
SU 46 Harvey Frank Left Left *Coming Soon
SU 47 Isiah Kirby Right Right *Coming Soon
SU 48 Amos Arthurson Switch Right *Coming Soon
CL 51 Gordon Durante Left Left *Coming Soon
CL 77 Spider Jenkins Switch Left *Coming Soon
CL 55 Sammy Roth Right Right *Coming Soon

A quirk about the Drawkians is that they generally train players of the same position to achieve the same level of batting skill and technique. This way, they never have to alter the lineup, they simply sub in the new player in the same position. Therefore, the lineup is based on position and not names. If both the Starter and the Bench player of a position are out for the game, the available DH will fill both their lineup position and field position (DH's are trained for basic skill across the field in Drawkland).
BASE CORPS
LINEUP WITH DH
1) Shortstop
2) First Base
3) Catcher
4) Designated Hitter
5) Second Base
6) Third Base
7) Center Field
8) Left Field
9) Right Field
LINEUP WITHOUT DH
1) Shortstop
2) First Base
3) Center Field
4) Catcher
5) Third Base
6) Second Base
7) Left Field
8) Right Field
9) Pitcher

The Drawkians follow a strict pitching rotation. The pitchers are listed here as Starter/Mid Relief/Set Up/Closer. Inning distribution would generally be 1-3/4-6/7-8/9(-10). Deviation from this pattern is highly unlikely, unless a pitcher is injured before the 7th inning. In that case, #49 Manfredi, or #56 Luigi (the Long Relief) would be subbed in until the 7th, no matter the amount of innings they would have to pitch.
BASE CORPS
PITCHING ROTATION
1) Meadows/Cutsod/Frank/Durante
2) Foss/Donahue/Kirby/Jenkins
3) Renato/Sault/Arthurson/Roth

Choose my runscorers: Yes.
Choose my lineup: My lineup is as specified above. You may use that.
Follow my pitching rotation: Use the rotation of pitchers I've specified for the game.
Godmod scoring events: Yes.
RP injuries to my players: Yes, as long as it's not career-ending.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, as long as it's not career-ending.
Eject my players: Yes, only one per game and a duration of a game.
Godmod other events: As long as it doesn't destroy my nation or my organization, I'm fine with anything.
Use DH at home: Yes.
As far as permissions go, as long as it doesn't totally wreck me, I don't mind, and in fact, you don't even have to TG (unless you're starting some diplomatic drama or something). I like surprises.

BASE CORPS
SCHEDULE
MD Opponent Pitching
1 @ United States of Devonta 1
2 v Equestrian States 2
3 @ Minecraft Miners 3
4 v The Great Pond 1
5 v Ko-oren 2
6 * Opt. Tiebreaker 3

Future Games based on Performance.

{And the award for most use of (pre) tags goes to ...}
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:58 am

Catcher and Relief Catchers
(C) Joe Kerridge

(RC) Julian Serrano
(RC) Tim Jakobsson

Pitcher and Relief Pitchers
(P) Paul Wyatt
(P) Scott Dutton
(P) Peter Smith
(P) Alexander Cvetkovic
(P) Dieu Foukamene

(RP) Abubakar Sheego
(RP) Connor Keane
(RP) Ellis Gibbons
(RP) Lloyd Bannister
(RP) Declan Poole
(RP) Waqas Azam

Infield/Outfield and Relief
(1B) Ross Colquhoun
(2B) Ryan Shields
(3B) Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson

(CF) Charlie Ward
(LF) Matthew Buchanan
(RF) Lee Pickerill
(SS) Tom Smart

(RI) Aristote Amisi Kamaneno
(RI) Luke Beesley
(RO) Peter Makrillos
(RO) Ian Molloy

Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Eject my players: Yes
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Kaboomlandia Phoenix National Baseball Team Roster

Manager: Ryan Peart

Roster:
Pitchers:
P 18 Bernard Oliver
P 25 Ross Brown
P 15 Leroy Jordan
P 91 Hayden McAllister
P 99 Roberto Kosowan
P 1 Marc Brehznek

Infielders:
1B 39 Samuel Thornton
1B 5 Jesse Norton
1B 2 Jamie Hale
2B 30 Ross Gutierrez
2B 20 Wallace McDowell
2B 37 Samuel Patel
SS 50 Freddy Mayers
SS 61 Bryce LaCroix
3B 10 Alfred Wilcox
3B 2 Lee Bowman

Catchers:
CTH 31 Kevin Phelps
CTH 9 Jesse Willis

Outfielders:
LF 24 Ron Green
LF 32 John Hewitt
CF 26 Randall Henson
CF 6 Brian Riddle
CF 19 Jeffery Aguirre
RF 36 Juan Walsh
RF 16 Brett Schroeder

Desinated Hitter:
DH 22 Jose McGuire

Pitching Rotation:
1. Oliver
2. Brown
3. Jordan
4. McAllister
5. Kosowan
6. Brehznek

Batting Order:
1. Riddle
2. Walsh
3. Hale
4. McGuire
5. Norton
6. Mayers
7. Bowman
8. Gutierrez
9. Willis

Permissions:
Choose my lineup: No
RP injuries to my players: TG me first
Eject my players: Yes, once per game
Godmod other events: No
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Here We Go Again - Everything You Need to Know, Part I

THE TEAM

You probably got used to the new-look Tigers at WBC34, when they managed a decent showing - built off speed and doubles power, the team managed to make it to the semifinals before bowing out. This speed-and-doubles construction, as well as copious amounts of defense, continues at WBC35, leading to an underrated, versatile lineup and a big boost for the pitching staff. The pitching is solid as usual, if not amazing, and the bullpen seems in line to dominate. Things are looking up, but second-seed Cosumar and experienced Nassau-Hessen are just two of the teams in Llamanea’s way.

POSITION PLAYERS

Speed and extra-base hits. They’re everywhere. Stefan Danilo hit fourteen triples last year. Our middle-infield pairing of Xander Fiers and Miriam Karjalainen just combined for ninety-nine stolen bases in 2018, somehow. Even Ford, the starting catcher, swiped double-digit stolen bases last year. The outfield combined for sixty-six stolen bases and 180 XBH. Everywhere, I say.

Honestly, that’s about it. Most of the lineup has at least a little power, and some have a lot more than a little, such as Tobias Wagner. Most of the lineup hits for average, or else they wouldn’t be racking up doubles. But this isn’t a team of sluggers, nor can it be called a team bereft of power. The lineup is exceptionally well-rounded at the plate and on the basepaths, and should be very dangerous.

PROJECTED LINEUP

SS Xander Fiers (.320/.365/.446/13 HR/40 SB)
1B Maddie Polanco (.306/.399/.478/18/28)
3B Stefan Danilo (.309/.367/.520/27/89/15)
LF Tobias Wagner (.247/.330/.498/34/27)
CF Tanya Ericsson (.283/.320/.496/29/28)
C Albert Ford (.312/.400/.433/11/15)
RF Owen Duffy (.277/.343/.485/22/11)
2B Miriam Karjalainen (.289/.330/.425/9/59)

At first glance, the numbers are impressive but nothing special. The LBL is considered overrated by most reasonable stances, and there are a few question marks, like streaky Tobias Wagner’s inclusion in the cleanup spot. At second glance, though, one gets the sense the Tigers are onto something. It’s a well-rounded lineup, if nobody stands out as one of the best players at the tournament, and the contact-speed nature of the lineup means that, despite quite a few inconsistent parts, the lineup itself should be able to consistently manage a few runs and keep a fairly tight defense.

Another thing to note - the lineup seems to consist entirely of those that can thrive against pitchers better than them. Against the best of the best, this team should be able to hold its own.

OF Jarred Bergenson-Eckert (337/388/442/9/50)
1B-OF-DH Travis Faulkner (308/384/559/33/0)
C-1B Blake Frazier (249/315/520/33/0)
3B-2B Michael Higgs-Novak (324/382/519/24/31),

Many shoot for the maximum possible versatility in their bench, which is a good thing. However, the Tigers have opted for a different strategy - many of their starting players can rotate around, creating new gaps for the bench players to slide in. For example, while none of the bench players should be allowed near shortstop, 2B Miriam Karjalainen and 3B Stefan Danilo can both cover the position.

There isn’t too much to say - for a team with such a versatile lineup, most of the players have very narrow, defined roles. Eckert is the nominal pinch-runner and backup outfielder (it remains unseen who would play in the outfield if Eckert and a starter were unavailable, but most agree it’d probably be Stefan Danilo). Travis Faulkner is the starting DH and can probably fill in at first or left field if you close your eyes. Blake Frazier is the backup catcher who can also play first base, likely a skill that will go unused.

And then there’s Michael Higgs-Novak, the exception to most of the rules we’ve said already. While he is fast and runs well, he also isn’t particularly good against the best pitchers, is relatively unproven, and strikes out confusingly often considering his .324 average. Definitely a gamble, especially with a pretty good infield, but he could pay off, especially if his left field is better than it was in the LBL.

Versatile, quick, strong defensively. The offense has obviously been built very well. Time to see if it's been built well enough.

Team to Play Nassau-Hessen

1. SS Xander Fiers
2. 1B Maddie Polanco
3. 3B Stefan Danilo
4. LF Tobias Wagner
5. CF Tanya Ericsson
6. C Albert Ford
7. RF Owen Duffy
8. 2B Miriam Karjalainen
9. Pitcher

Game 1: LHP Angeline Romero
Game 2: RHP Kyle Hogan
Game 3: RHP Josh Foukes
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:18 pm

THE GRAND DUCHY OF SCHILTZBERG

History:
Baseball has always been the national sport of Schiltzberg, but baseball fans were majorly dependent on foreign leagues to sooth their baseball pleasures for the early decades. Several baseball leagues cropped up in Schiltzberg in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, but none of them survived for very long because they were not able to compete with the much more established leagues in other countries, and the primary reason for that was lack of funding. The most successful of these leagues were the Schiltzberg League (SL), which lasted from 1901 to 1909; the Professional League of Baseball in Schiltzberg (PLBS), which lasted from 1951 to 1968; and the Schiltzbergian Baseball Association (SBA), which was started in 1969, but folded due to lack of funding in 1997.

Grand Duke Lucas I, an avid baseball fan as he was, was intrigued by the collapse of the SBA, and wished to create a new, more dominant league in Schiltzberg to compete with the foreign powers. In 1999 he had stadiums built in nineteen cities throughout Schiltzberg, and he chartered a team to each of the cities, and two to the national capital of New Schiltzbierg, to make up what he called the National Baseball League of Schiltzberg (NBLS). The first game was between the New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes and the New Schiltzbierg Prime Ministers on March 31, 2000, in Royal Dome, which they shared at that time. The Prime Ministers won that game 7-3. For more information on the NBLS, check out this link: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=350763

Starting Lineup: (Position, Name, Bats/Throws, Qualities)
SS Mark Daly (S/R, Great batting average, good fielder, good base-runner)
CF Jeff Fitzhugh (R/R, Great batting average, good power, okay fielder, good base-runner)
LF Chris Vrooman (L/L, Okay batting average, big power hitter, okay fielder)
1B Francis Thom (L/L, Great fielder, good batting average, best power hitter on the team)
RF Manual Villegaus (L/R, Bad fielder, great batting average, good power hitter)
3B Thomas Saiz (R/R, Great fielder, averaged batting average, good power hitter)
2B Bob Rutledge (R/R, Outstanding fielder, poor hitter, speedy base-runner)
C Wayne Knox (R/R, Poor hitter, but good throwing arm for nabbing base-runners)
P (insert here)

Bench:
C Oscar Gutierrez (R/R, backup catcher, okay hitter)
C Jeff Bumgarter (R/R, second backup catcher, averaged hitter)
2B/3B/SS Donald Carolan (L/R, backup infielder. Decent hitter and averaged fielder.)
DH/1B/OF Ben Parker (L/L, first choice backup outfielder. Bats as DH in the sixth spot when needed)
OF Joe Conway (L/L, okay fielder, mainly used as pinch hitter)
OF Benny Allen (R/R, poor batting average, but high power. Young hitter who strikes out a lot)

Starting Rotation: (Handedness, name, ERA, qualities)
RHP David Toups (3.48 High strikeout/high walk kind of pitcher)
RHP William McKey (3.38 Conservative pitcher who strikes out few, but can pitch long innings with few runs let in.)
LHP Henry Price (4.03 Good curveball and slider)
RHP Jorge Matos (4.18 Works the count and sometimes gets himself into a jam)
LHP Robert Paul (5.12 Off and on pitcher. Sometimes is really good, sometimes gets taken out early)

Bullpen:
RHP Doug Miller (1.28 Closing pitcher with a flaming fastball, but can only pitch one inning)
RHP Richard Wilson (3.34 Short relief pitcher who can go two to three innings)
RHP Todd Barras (2.27 Long relief pitcher with a nasty cutter and a killer fastball. Can pitch one to two innings)
LHP Joseph Crews (3.48 Specialty reliever who works really well against left-handed batters)
LHP Bryan Mercado (3.08 Long relief pitcher who can strikes out many batters. Two to three innings max)
LHP Steven Scherer (6.39 Short relief pitch who can be a starter if needed. Can go up to five innings.)

Manager: Robert Evans
Pitching Coach: Jesus Martinez
Hitting Coach: Alonzo Brawley
First Base Coach: Oscar Wiseman
Third Base Coach: Jack Ray
Bench Coach: Eric Comeaux

The Grand Duchy of Schiltzberg offers the tournament use of Royal Dome, home of the New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes of the NBLS, which is owned and paid for by the taxpaying citizens of New Schiltzbierg. The elegant stadium is the only stadium in the NBLS to have a fixed roof, but the elegant stadium is dubbed as "unique" rather than "outdated" for this feature. The stadium was built as Schiltzberg Stadium in 1978, and was host to several teams until it was bought by the NBLS when it was founded in 2000. The name was changed to Royal Dome in 2000. The New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes have played at Royal Dome since 2000, and the New Schiltzbierg Prime Ministers (now the Presidents) also played there from 2000 to 2012.

Royal Dome (top), which is bordered by Presidential Palace (bottom), where the Presidents play. Picture taken in June of 2015.

A view from the right field bleachers in the season opener between the Grand Dukes and the Presidents on March 31, 2015.

Choose my lineup: No
Eject my players: Yes, but no suspensions
Use DH at home: Hell no

National Baseball League of Schiltzberg (NBLS) Official Thread
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 pm

The Ethane Baseball Association, in partnership with ENTV Sports are proud to present to you the Ethane baseball team for the World Baseball Classic 35.

ImageImage

Ethane and Baseball

Baseball in Ethane has an interesting history. With recent success in the IBS X, calls for a baseball league in Ethane have begun to resurface, after the original baseball craze era in the 1970's. While a baseball league has not yet materialised in Ethane, although there are ongoing talks with potential sponsors to instate a baseball league in Ethane, a baseball association has been set up to help regulate baseball in Ethane, and funding for baseball tournaments such as the IBS and the WBC have drastically increased, providing more people with an opportunity to experience these events, and helping the baseball team to develop in its skills, after a fresh team was instated from a bunch of amateurs for the IBS X.

During the 45 years or so that baseball has been around in Ethane, there have been a few attempts to set up and run a baseball league in Ethane, all which failed due to a lack of support from the population, as not enough people turned up to watch the matches, and the clubs went bust. The most famous of these leagues was the EBAL (Ethane Baseball Association League), which ran from 1981 to 1985. This included a two tier system, much like the current county system in Ethane, with a few slight differences. There were 20 teams in total, 10 in each tier, and they would each play each other twice, once at home and once away, in a bid to stay in the tier or get promoted to the higher tier. To begin with, the league was successful, pulling in tv deals and plenty of spectators in the first season, but interest began to dwindle away from there, financing began to trickle away to more profitable ventures, such as the leagues of football and rugby, and the spectators began to get bored of baseball, eventually leading to an average attendance of 752 people per match in the 4th season- no where near the numbers needed to maintain the funding needed to run the league. After the government removed the support system in place for the baseball league in 1985, the baseball league collapsed, all the clubs going bust, and the league dissolved officially on the 26th April 1986, after a last ditch effort to save the league which failed. Many people attributed the league's failure to a lack of support in the general public for a baseball league in Ethane, as after the baseball craze of the 1970's, when people fell in love with baseball teams from other countries, the support and passion for baseball dwindled away, a lack of funding available to start-up leagues (which was rectified in 1996 with the setup of SportsEthane, which gives grants out to sports ventures that apply and they believe to be worthy of funding), and a lack of advertisement of the league, which led to the decrease in spectator numbers, as no one new was coming to the matches, because not many people knew about this baseball league.

A school baseball league was also tried out in the 1980's, but this failed because of a lack of knowledge of the sport. Many pupils who were interested in sport didn't know what baseball was, as it was a recently imported sport, and many of them were not old enough for the baseball craze of the 1970's, and those that did recognise baseball often preferred to play softball or rounders instead, which were more commonly known and played throughout Ethane, even though these were less common than sports such as cricket, football and rugby, which attracted most of the sports players.

Between 2003 and 2005, a reality tv show called But it's Baseball was shown on the state broadcaster, ENTV, which has been facing increasing competition as of late, but at this time maintained most of the viewership in Ethane. 'But it's Baseball' was a humorous reality tv show, not dissimilar to that of Glee, but with many major differences. The tv show portrayed the plights of a teacher in an Ethane secondary school, who tried to drum up support and set up a baseball team in the school he worked in- Oswald Road Secondary School- but failed, with hilarious effects. The tv show managed to maintain high viewership figures for the first and second season, averaging 10 million viewers per episode, with hit episodes such as ''The Field Gals'' and ''Behind the Bat'' reaching almost 20 million in viewership figures. For the third season however, the popularity began to drop off, with the series starting with ''Just another ball'' which had 2.4 million figures, one of the lowest viewed series openers in ENTV history. From there, the viewing numbers fluctuated, but never going above 8 million, finishing the season with ''Failure to Bat'', which only had 944,000 people watching the programme, a poor end to such a popular series. A survey of the audience of the tv show stated that the reason the tv programme had failed was because the storylines were too repetitive in the third series, and there was nothing new, it was all following the same ideas as the first 2 series, just in a different school with a different teacher.

This reality tv show was the culmination of the mockery of baseball in Ethane, which, instead of being seen as a respectable sport in past, has often been seen as a sport for foreigners, especially the ones disliked by Ethanians. A common insult during the late nineties and early noughties in Ethane was ''you're a bloody baseball player'', as many people saw being called a baseball player a terrible insult, because of the connotations it held with foreigners, and poor sport. Many people now see the use of this as trivial and hilarious, and they see it as a bit stupid, because baseball isn't insulting, and is more respected now, but during the time these insults were used, calling someone a baseball player was such a derogatory term, that many people often classed it along with other swear words, and forbade people mentioning it in their presence. Many traditional families often used to punish their children if they used the term baseball to describe anything they didn't like. For example, children, when they felt that the food they were given was rubbish, instead of going ''I don't like that, it's disgusting'', they would go ''That food is like baseball''. This often got them into severe trouble, because if the rude connotations that came with the word in that period of time. Although this term is no longer seen as insulting, some people do still view the word as insulting, and believe that anyone who uses the word is disrespectful.

After ''But it's Baseball'', people began to put baseball in the background, and many people forgot about it, leaving all mentions of baseball in the past. Few people actually were interested in baseball, those that were often met up together and played it in little friendship groups, in the expansive countryside of Ethane, out of sight from many people, but apart from that, baseball drifted out of the consciousness of the nation, into the background. This was also coupled with a decrease in participation and interest in sports in Ethane, in a period known by many as the beginnin of the ''pre-sports era'', as many people believed that sports were finished in Ethane, and that the country had moved on from its obsession with sports. These caused the finances of many of the major leagues in Ethane to decline drastically, as spectator figures were much lower, so they were getting less money from ticket sales, and private tv companies saw this trend in decreasing sports attendance and viewership on tv, so flocked to more profitable ventures, away from sporting events and leagues, which saw the major leagues in Ethane lose much of their tv licence funding, and a few of the larger sponsors. This almost led to the collapse of the Star League's predecessor, which is the major sporting league of football in Ethane, previous to the current football league set up, which is called the ''Star League'', which has recently finished its first season, and is in it's summer break before restarting for the next league system, with the introduction of new cups as well. However, just before the league's collapsed, the government stepped in, providing the leagues with funding to keep them standing, and beginning an intitaive, which was extremely successful, in re-introducing sports to the Ethanians, and increasing participation and interest in sports, therefore increasing viewership of sports, which would lead to increase in funding for the leagues. After the finances and spectator numbers had recovered, the government withdrew its funding, but at this point, setup a new initiative, SportsEthane, to provide funding for new sports ventures, and to make sure that something like the near- collapse of the league's doesn't happen again. However, with the recent involvement on the international scene, sports participation numbers have ever been higher, with many people inspired by their sporting heroes, wishing and dreaming that they could replicate their success on a national and international level. This in turn has increased the healthiness of the nation, with more people staying fit and healthy, as more people are taking part in sports, therefore meaning more people are getting the exercise done that is needed by the human body.

IBS X

Entering what was assumed by many people to be the last of the prestigious baseball slam series, Ethane fielded an amateur team, which was made up of a group of baseball enthusiasts who had gone to the government to ask if this could happen, which obviously was agreed on. As there is no formal or informal baseball league in Ethane as of yet, the team for the IBS X had to be fielded from a bunch of amateurs, who had not had much experience playing baseball on a professional level yet. The team was gathered together, and had some training before heading off to Schiltzberg and Frenline Delpha, who were the joint hosts of the IBS X. Having never played as a team against professional opponents before, everyone was expecting the team to fail at baseball, and be knocked out fairly quickly, finishing the baseball experiment, never to be touched again. However, a nation was inspired, when in their first match, they unexpectedly beat the highly renowned Frenline Delpha baseball team, surprising all their doubters (which were almost everyone). They continued to surprise when they beat highly ranked Gregoryisgodistan in the IBS X in their first game, in a close game, which sent the amateur Ethane baseball team to the top of the table after 2 games, a position no one ever expected them to get to ever. After frequent victories over Frenline Delpha, and against group weaklings Levivania Dohickeys, Ethane managed to finish second in the group stages, to proceed into the next round in the IBS X.
Group E                             Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 12 9 3 69 34 +35 27
2 Ethane Red Stars 12 7 5 47 53 −6 21

3 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 12 4 8 45 58 −13 12
4 Levivania Dohickeys 12 4 8 44 60 −16 12

After this extremely surprising success for this rag-tag team, which left many doubters shocked at the level of play an inexperienced debutant team had put in, the Ethane team continued to surprise in the next round. A tightly fought best of 5 round against Potataca Potatos saw the series tied at 2-2 after the fourth game, both teams relying on the final game to progress into the next round of the tournament. The Ethane team then went onto win their fifth game 3-0 to take the series 3-2, and progress into the next round. The next round saw victory against Lisander Arminhos, before losing twice, once to United States of Devonta Thundersticks, 7-4, and then secondly to The Sword Bloke 0-1, which saw the highly successful Ethane baseball team eliminated from the tournament.

After this highly surprising success at the IBS X, interest for a baseball league has spiked, and talks are currently underway between the EBA, ENTV, the league creators, and potential sponsors, to secure the funding and tv rights needed for to league to function. Meanwhile, the government has decided to keep funding the successful Ethane baseball team, the Ethane Red Kites, so that they may continue their great work on the international stage, and inspire the next generation of youth into playing baseball, finally realising some people's dreams of intergrating baseball into Ethane, and ingraining baseball as a sport that is a major part of Ethanian culture. This is definitely pointing towards this eventuality. The same team that represented Ethane at the IBS X will be playing under the Ethane flag as well at the WBC, after the government decided that the players with extra experience at an international tournament would be the most valuable in a tournament such as this, rather than fielding a selection from a large pool of candidates, some of which may have not been able to handle the pressure of an international tournament.

Roster

Pitchers:

NO. POS.  BAT.  THW.  NAME.
#38 SP R R Daniel Gomez
#24 SP R L Samuel Allington
#67 SP R R Ellis Stevens
#45 SP L L Benjamin Jardling
#07 SP L R Aldrine Edwins
#29 RP R R Abian Elliots
#12 RP L L Dioscoro Diwa
#32 RP R L Chito Dominador
#93 RP L R Drigo Alcis
#82 RP L R Dominique Froilan
#56 RP R L Jairence Isagani

Catchers:

NO.   POS.   BAT.   THW.   NAME.
#04 C L R Henry Lyons
#33 C R R Dwight Price

Infielders:

#63 1B R L Steven Summers
#42 2B L L Tony Diaz
#77 2B R R Raymond French
#72 2B L R Chad Brock
#47 3B R R Alejandro Phelps
#03 3B L L Walter Frank
#06 SS R L Ray Robinson
#21 SS L R Noel Wilkins

Outfielders:

#97 LF L R Greg Fuller
#84 LF R R Leland Dixon
#79 CF L L Rene Cortez
#67 CF R L Darin Drake
#52 CF R R Glen Patton
#37 RF L R Earnest Barnett
#15 RF R L Abel Gibson
#12 RF L L Samuel Biggins

Designated Hitter:

#01 DH R R Steve Mcrawling

Batting Order:

#04 C L R Henry Lyons
#63 1B R L Steven Summers
#72 2B L R Chad Brock
#47 3B R R Alejandro Phelps
#21 SS L R Noel Wilkins
#84 LF R R Leland Dixon
#79 CF L L Rene Cortez
#15 RF R L Abel Gibson
#01 DH R R Steve Mcrawling

IF DH IS NOT ALLOWED
#07 SP L R Aldrine Edwins

Staff:

Manager: Matthew Patterson
Assistant Manager: Barrie Herbertson
First Base Coach: Darrel Summer
Third Base Coach: Clyde Hatheway
Batting Coach: Morgan Paul
Pitching Coach: Bradley Donaldson

Stadium:

The McTidley arena is the new baseball arena recently commissioned after the IBS X by the government, as they felt even though not many baseball games take place in Ethane, that we ought to have a baseball arena in Ethane for those times when we would be playing home matches. The McTidley arena is named after the teacher who tried to set up a baseball league in the humorous reality tv show, ''But it's Baseball'', which ran from 2003-2005, and attracted an average of 10 million viewers an episode in it's first 2 series. This stadium can hold around 13,500 spectators, and is currently operated by the EBA (Ethane Baseball Association).

Schedule:

MD1: San Llera (35) vs Ethane (UR)
MD2: Schiltzberg (6) vs Ethane (UR)
MD3: Ethane (UR) vs Losthaven (18)
MD4: Ethane (UR) vs Silvacometopia (UR)
MD5: Frenline Delpha (10) vs Ethane (UR)

Summary of Group & Chances

A fairly challenging group for Ethane, as newcomers to the WBC, but having experience in the IBS X will prove vital. Match Day 1's game against San Llera is a must win, the lowest ranked of the ranked teams. Match Day 2's game will be a tough one, being away to the team ranked 6th in th e world. Match Day 3 is an ideal win game as well, and Match Day 4 is a must win. Match Day 5 I would hope is not a must win, but the team know that they can beat Frenline Delpha after the multiple victories against them during the IBS X group stages, where we knocked them out of the IBS by a large margin, so therefore, the team will have some confidence going into this game, whatever is needed from this game.
Ethane has a chance, but it is a fairly tough road out of the group stages, being a debutant team in the WBC.

Permissions:

Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Eject my players: Yes

Brought to you by The Ethane Baseball Association & ENTV Sports

ImageImage
Last edited by Ethane on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Series #1

Game 1
Group 1
San Llera 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 4
Ethane 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

Group 1
Silvacometopia 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2
Schiltzberg 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 X 4

Group 1
Losthaven 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2
Frenline Delpha 0 1 0 1 0 3 1 0 X 6

Group 2
The Serbian Empire 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 6
Ferret Civilization 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4

Group 2
Sushington 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 X 3

Group 2
The Sword Bloke 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Abanhfleft 1 0 2 4 0 1 0 0 X 8

Group 3
Central Shadow Nation 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 4
Levivania 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 5

Group 3
Pittastria 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 0 5
Maklohi Vai 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 4

Group 3
Saintland 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 4
South Yerfilag 0 0 0 3 0 1 2 1 X 7

Group 4
Minecraft Miners 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
The Great Pond 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

Group 4
Drawkland 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 4
United States of Devonta 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 X 8

Group 4
Ko-oren 3 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 10
Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 5
Banija 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 2 6
Oisinistan 0 3 0 0 1 0 1 0 2 7

Group 5
United Vietussia 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 4
Jeckland 4 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 X 9

Group 5
Kaboomlandia 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Nova Anglicana 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 5 X 9

Group 6
Firebolt 0 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 5
Natanya 2 0 0 0 0 2 3 2 X 9

Group 6
Gim 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4
Cosumar 2 0 5 2 0 0 0 0 X 9

Group 6
Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 5
Nassau-Hessen 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 4

Game 2
Group 1
San Llera 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 0 4
Ethane 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 5

Group 1
Silvacometopia 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Schiltzberg 1 0 0 0 3 0 2 3 X 9

Group 1
Losthaven 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Frenline Delpha 0 0 1 2 2 0 1 0 X 6

Group 2
The Serbian Empire 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 7
Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 6

Group 2
Sushington 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3
Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 1 4

Group 2
The Sword Bloke 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 3 7
Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 4

Group 3
Central Shadow Nation 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Levivania 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 4

Group 3
Pittastria 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3

Group 3
Saintland 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
South Yerfilag 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 X 3

Group 4
Minecraft Miners 4 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 8
The Great Pond 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Group 4
Drawkland 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3
United States of Devonta 4 0 3 3 2 1 0 0 X 13

Group 4
Ko-oren 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2
Equestrian States 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 4

Group 5
Banija 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2
Oisinistan 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 3

Group 5
United Vietussia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jeckland 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 X 3

Group 5
Kaboomlandia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Nova Anglicana 0 0 1 0 1 0 2 2 X 6

Group 6
Firebolt 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Natanya 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2

Group 6
Gim 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 2 4 1 X 7

Group 6
Super-Llamaland 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 4
Nassau-Hessen 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 5

Game 3
Group 1
San Llera 0 4 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 6
Ethane 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 4

Group 1
Silvacometopia 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Schiltzberg 0 5 0 2 2 0 0 4 X 13

Group 1
Losthaven 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Frenline Delpha 0 0 0 0 1 2 3 0 X 6

Group 2
The Serbian Empire 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 4
Ferret Civilization 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Group 2
Sushington 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Gregoryisgodistan 0 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 X 5

Group 2
The Sword Bloke 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 4
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Group 3
Central Shadow Nation 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 3
Levivania 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2

Group 3
Pittastria 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 1 5
Maklohi Vai 4 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 X 7

Group 3
Saintland 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 3
South Yerfilag 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Group 4
Minecraft Miners 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
The Great Pond 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

Group 4
Drawkland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 3
United States of Devonta 0 1 2 1 3 0 0 1 X 8

Group 4
Ko-oren 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 4
Equestrian States 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 2 X 6

Group 5
Banija 1 0 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 7
Oisinistan 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6

Group 5
United Vietussia 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3
Jeckland 1 0 3 0 0 4 0 0 X 8

Group 5
Kaboomlandia 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Nova Anglicana 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 X 4

Group 6
Firebolt 1 0 0 2 4 1 2 0 3 13
Natanya 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 6

Group 6
Gim 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Group 6
Super-Llamaland 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3
Nassau-Hessen 0 2 0 1 3 0 0 1 X 7

Standings
Group 1
Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Schiltzberg 3 3 0 26 4 +22 9
2 Frenline Delpha 3 3 0 18 4 +14 9
3 San Llera 3 2 1 14 10 +4 6
4 Ethane 3 1 2 10 14 −4 3
5 Losthaven 3 0 3 4 18 −14 0
6 Silvacometopia 3 0 3 4 26 −22 0

Group 2
Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Gregoryisgodistan 3 3 0 12 6 +6 9
2 The Serbian Empire 3 3 0 17 12 +5 9
3 The Sword Bloke 3 2 1 15 13 +2 6
4 Abanhfleft 3 1 2 13 15 −2 3
5 Ferret Civilization 3 0 3 12 17 −5 0
6 Sushington 3 0 3 6 12 −6 0

Group 3
Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Maklohi Vai 3 2 1 14 10 +4 6
2 South Yerfilag 3 2 1 12 8 +4 6
3 Levivania 3 2 1 11 10 +1 6
4 Central Shadow Nation 3 1 2 10 11 −1 3
5 Pittastria 3 1 2 10 14 −4 3
6 Saintland 3 1 2 8 12 −4 3

Group 4
Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 United States of Devonta 3 3 0 29 10 +19 9
2 Minecraft Miners 3 2 1 17 6 +11 6
3 Equestrian States 3 2 1 10 16 −6 6
4 Ko-oren 3 1 2 16 10 +6 3
5 The Great Pond 3 1 2 6 17 −11 3
6 Drawkland 3 0 3 10 29 −19 0

Group 5
Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 3 3 0 19 3 +16 9
2 Jeckland 3 3 0 20 7 +13 9
3 Oisinistan 3 2 1 16 15 +1 6
4 Banija 3 1 2 15 16 −1 3
5 United Vietussia 3 0 3 7 20 −13 0
6 Kaboomlandia 3 0 3 3 19 −16 0

Group 6
Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Cosumar 3 2 1 17 6 +11 6
2 Nassau-Hessen 3 2 1 16 12 +4 6
3 Natanya 3 2 1 17 18 −1 6
4 Firebolt 3 1 2 18 17 +1 3
5 Super-Llamaland 3 1 2 12 16 −4 3
6 Gim 3 1 2 6 17 −11 3
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Series 1

Postby Drawkland » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:07 am

DRAWKLAND NATIONAL SPORTS NETWORK

Crushing Losses in Tournament Opener

By Hyatt Henderson

To continue the new tradition of Drawkland competitions in big international sports, the Base Corps was sent to Nova Angelica to compete.

Their first series, against the United States of Devonta, was a disaster. 3 losses in a row, 4-8, 3-13, and 3-8. When asked about it, Head Coach Ronan Finn said this:
"I can't believe what happened. It was ridiculous, the amount of immaturity I saw on the field. The Base Corps needs to show up next series or we're gonna have some serious problems."

Who knows what the next days in the tournament will bring? Either way, the Drawkians will have a tough time crawling from the 0-3 hole at the bottom of their group.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 am

Second event for the Ferret baseball team, just like being the first to play in an international event they were now the first to continue on into the next event. Hopefully being able to do that for a long time to come, or able to take anything they learned from doing all this with them. There was more teams playing in this event that had been going on longer, which really to them only meant that it would be harder to improve at all, but at least they would be able to play in more games while they could still be able to. Looking at the list of competitors they would be going up against, Seoc didn't expect there to be much improve going on this time.

Focus would probably still have to be on learning and trying to have fun. Which that wouldn't be too hard for them at least, they had their ways of doing that on their own. Free trips never hurt either, new location, new sights to see while they are busy losing, or trying to lose less badly than before or possibly could. But for this game, that seemed like a long shot, though given where they ended up the first time, could be a little improvement, but the other teams were probably going to make that impossible. One thing about sports, you had to win, those that been at it longer were more likely to do so, and they weren't. So it was figured it should just be focused on trying to figure out what the other teams do so well that they just end up pretty much owning the sport.

The Serbian Empire         1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 1  6
Ferret Civilization 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4

For their first game, they actually had to spent some time trying to get back into the feel of things. It started off unexpected well, then slowly stalled for them. At least they managed to do something at the beginning, earn some runs and such, prevent the other team from doing the same, felt pretty grand to all of them. Mathias and Torvald had the most fun while being out in the field, with Mathias trying hard to make sure that nothing gone past him, even though near the end a lot did. Though that was the same for everybody near the end as they continued to be more relaxed than they probably should have been. Even while trying to push themselves they just couldn't do it, especially against tough competition, which would get worse as they went on.

The Serbian Empire         0 2 0 0 0 1 1 1 2  7
Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 6

Second game in the end went a lot better for them, they still lost, but only by one rather than two. That was improvement enough, since the team continued to push themselves to at least say they tried in the end.

"Well, you did better, so great job."

"Woo!" Cillín mused, "Doing better at a sport we probably shouldn't be doing better in!"

The Serbian Empire         1 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0  4
Ferret Civilization 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Last game went the slowest of them all, with the team being more worn out with the continual game play. Though it was still doing pretty well, just tired, but at least they were trying to learn from the other team and how they played. Would it work however was another matter all together.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports