NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Basketball Championships I (Everything Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Europeian Basketball Championships I (Everything Thread)

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Welcome to the mountainous nation of Kaboomlandia for the first-ever Europeian Basketball Championships, where eight nations across the region will compete in a basketball tournament for regional supremacy!

Participating nations:
1. Kaboomlandia
2. Southern Wiland
3. Ashioka
4. GCMR of Cokeland
5. The Wright Party
6. Aditya Republic
7. The Republic of Extreme Fairness
8. German Ohio

Groups:
Group A:
Southern Wiland
The Wright Party
The Republic of Extreme Fairness
Ashioka

Group B:
Aditya Republic
GCMR of Cokeland
Kaboomlandia
German Ohio

Structure:
All teams play all their groupmates in a three-game round-robin. Group winner gets a bye to the semifinals, while the second- and third-place teams from each group play a crossover quarterfinal. The winners of that quarterfinal play another crossover semifinal, then there's a third place game and grand final.

Schedule:
11/1: Everything Thread Opens
11/5: MD1
11/6: MD2
11/7-8: Days off
11/9: MD3
11/10: Quarterfinals (2A v. 3B, 3A v. 2B)
11/11: Off day (Canadian Remembrance Day, no access)
11/12: Semifinals
11/13: Third place game and grand final.

Help! What do I do?

First off, you want to post a roster. This can be simply a list of names, numbers and positions, or you can go into more depth. Second, you need to fill out your RP permissions using this template:
Code: Select all
If my opponent RPs first, they may:
[b]Choose my scorers:[/b] Yes/No
[b]RP scoring events:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Godmod scoring events:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Foul out my players:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Injure my players:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Godmod Injury Events:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Godmod Other Events:[/b] Yes/No

Let's break this down.
Choose my scorers: Can your opponent choose who scores for your team?
RP scoring events: Can your opponent RP how points are scored?
Godmod scoring events: Can your opponent RP something ridiculous like a full-court dropkick that scores?
Foul out my players: Can your opponent send your players off for getting too many fouls?
Injure my players: Is your opponent allowed to injure your players?
Godmod Injury Events: Is your opponent allowed to do stuff like break all your players' legs?
Godmod Other Events: This covers everything else, from things like an alien invasion during the game to a horde of Blast-Ended Skrewts rampaging through the arena. Can your opponent RP this?

Finally, you need a style modifier ranging from -5.0 to +5.0. A team at +5.0 will score lots and allow lots of goals, while a team at -5.0 will allow fewer and score fewer. If you don't specify (or post a roster at all), I go with 0.0.

Do not violate your opponent's RP permissions. Willingly doing this can result in your RP bonus being reset to 0 for the balance of the tournament.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Reserved for arenas
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Kaboomlandian Basketball Roster

Starters:
PG: Darth Vader
SG: Han Solo
SF: Luke Skywalker
PF: Emperor Palpatine
C: Yoda

Reserves:
PG: Obi-Wan Kenobi
SG: Mace Windu
SF: Qui-Gon Jinn
PF: Darth Maul
C: Count Dooku

Permissions:
Choose my scorers: Yes
RP scoring events: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
Foul out my players: Yes
Injure my players: Yes
Godmod Injury Events: No
Godmod Other Events: No
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Extreme Fairness » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:14 pm

After an better-then-expected result in the nation's debut in international sports during the Europeian Football Championships, the Fairnessians will be returning to the international stage to compete in a basketball tournament. The team, which hopes they'd do better now that the Fairnessians have proved worthy in other sports, are as follows:
FORWARDS
SMALL FORWARD: Garrett Ortega 1.89 metres 55 kg 23 years old
POWER FORWARD: Dennis Evans 2.05 metres 59 kg 25 years old
GUARDS
SHOOTING GUARD: Derrick Barker 2.03 metres 51 kg 20 years old
POINT GUARD (who is also the captain): Eugene Maldonado 2.1 metres 59 kg 24 years old
CENTRE
CENTRE: Mark Hill 2.01 metres 52 kg 23 years old
STYLE:
The Fairnessian team prefers to drive the ball only at the enermy's side and will only take up a defensive tactic if the ball falls onto their side of the court.
STYLE MOD: +3
Last edited by The Republic of Extreme Fairness on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Generation 39: The first time you see this, copy this to your signature and add 1 to the generation. This is an social experiment.
---- The Republic Of Extreme Fairness (aka Mount2010) ----
My Political Views I am a left moderate social libertarian Left: 5.23, Libertarian: 2.61

German Ohio
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German Ohio » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:53 pm

German Ohio Roster:
STARTERS:
PG-Jason Gray-17
SG-Malcom Reus-20
SF-Jared Gray-8
PF-Seeley Michaels-12
C-Jake Coker-39
BENCH:
PG-Jermichael Cobb-23
SG-Randall Finley-24
SF-Michael Rodgers-40
PF-Ryan Finn-59
C-Malcom Urang-1
If opponents RP first they may
+4.5
Last edited by German Ohio on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:07 am

Group A
Southern Wiland 61–67 Ashioka
The Wright Party 73–92 The Republic of Extreme Fairness

Group B
Aditya Republic 68–76 German Ohio
GCMR of Cokeland 75–71 Kaboomlandia

Tables will be released after MD2.

OOC: Apparently xkoranate doesn't have style mods for basketball. My bad.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Extreme Fairness » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:11 pm

OOC: But, does it have RP mods? If it doesn't, I'd just wait for my results and then RP on that.
IC:
The Fairnessian team fared well on it's first basketball match, ending the game with 73-92 against The Wright Party. While the team did not fare well in the first and second quarters, it did do quite well in the third quarter, which contriubted most of the team's points.
The captain of the team, Eugene, commented that he was glad that they had won by a large margin, as he was worried when the first half ended with The Wright Party's team being ahead with 42-35.
Generation 39: The first time you see this, copy this to your signature and add 1 to the generation. This is an social experiment.
My Political Views I am a left moderate social libertarian Left: 5.23, Libertarian: 2.61

German Ohio
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby German Ohio » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:39 pm

Well after a first half struggle that led to a 10 point deficit at halftime German Ohio came back outscoring Aditya Republic by 18 in the second half to pull off an 8 point victory. The heroes of this story were the Gray brothers who combined to score a total of 58 points. Leading German Ohio's scorers was team captain Jason Gray with 38 points. He also contributed 9 assists. During a postgame interview he had this to say, "I'm happy that after our struggles in the first half we could pull out the win, hopefully next time we can get off to a faster start because you never want to play from behind, we're just thanking we could get our act together in the second half."

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:58 am

quick OOC host note: Yes, it still has RP bonus. It just doesn't have the style modifier.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:11 am

Group A
Ashioka 72–75 The Republic of Extreme Fairness
Southern Wiland 75–90 The Wright Party

Group A Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 The Republic of Extreme Fairness 2 2 0 167 145 +22 6
2 Ashioka 2 1 1 139 136 +3 3
3 The Wright Party 2 1 1 163 167 -4 3
4 Southern Wiland 2 0 2 136 157 −21 0

Group B
German Ohio 80–64 Kaboomlandia
Aditya Republic 66–86 GCMR of Cokeland

Group B Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 GCMR of Cokeland 2 2 0 161 137 +24 6
2 German Ohio 2 2 0 156 132 +24 6

3 Kaboomlandia 2 0 2 135 155 −20 0
4 Aditya Republic 2 0 2 134 162 −38 0

Nations in green have clinched advancement.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

German Ohio
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby German Ohio » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Last game was a real treat for the people back in German Ohio as the national team clinched a spot to at least the quarterfinals. The game showcased a more dominate performance on both offensive and defensive side with German Ohio leading wire to wire. The top scorer again was team captain Jason Gray who scored 39 points. in addition to his points he dished out 10 assists. Coach had this to say after the game, "I'm proud of our guys, we performed well, we were able to come out swinging after struggling through the first half of our first game. While we did do good this game, and we clinched advancement, that is something to be celebrated, we half to focus on our next game against GCMR of Cokeland, because that will decide who gets to go straight to semifinals and that extra off day will be vital in helping our title quest." As the coach said next game will decide the winner of Group B.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Extreme Fairness » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:35 pm

The Republic of Extreme Fairness had a close match yesterday ending with 72-75. The team, like previously, didn't do very well in the first half due to "extremely well played" defensive tactics by the opponent. The team however picked up steam after the first quarter, ending the game with clinched advancement to the playoffs. Max Pittman, the Minster for Sports, said that "the nation is very proud of our team" and that "we hope they will do as well as this in the playoffs and also in the future".

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 am

Group A
The Wright Party 58–70 Ashioka
The Republic of Extreme Fairness 92–84 Southern Wiland

Group A Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 The Republic of Extreme Fairness 3 3 0 259 225 +34 9
2 Ashioka 3 2 1 209 194 +15 6
3 The Wright Party 3 1 2 221 237 −16 3

4 Southern Wiland 3 0 3 220 249 -29 0

Group B
GCMR of Cokeland 68–60 German Ohio
Kaboomlandia 81–95 Aditya Republic

Group B Pld W L PF PA PD Pts
1 GCMR of Cokeland 3 3 0 229 197 +32 9
2 German Ohio 3 2 1 216 200 +16 6
3 Aditya Republic 3 1 2 229 243 -14 3

4 Kaboomlandia 3 0 3 216 250 −34 0

Nations in green have clinched their group and a bye to the semifinals.
Nations in blue have secured a quarterfinal berth.

Playoff fixtures:
2A Ashioka v. 3B Aditya Republic
2B German Ohio v. 3A The Wright Party

GCMR of Cokeland and The Republic of Extreme Fairness have secured byes.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:25 am

Ashioka 76–101 Aditya Republic
German Ohio 77–60 The Wright Party

Semifinal matchups:
1A The Republic of Extreme Fairness v. 3B Aditya Republic
1B GCMR of Cokeland v. 2B German Ohio
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

German Ohio
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby German Ohio » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:06 pm

After a commanding Quarterfinals win, German Ohio gets ready for a rematch against Cokeland and hopes to play better against them than German Ohio's first match with Cokeland. The team hopes to get off to a fast start and keep their foot on the gas.
Last edited by German Ohio on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Extreme Fairness » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 pm

The Overfair Times
13 November 2015---- 15 Monies

Fairnessian Team Progresses to Semifinals in Regional Basketball
The Republic of Extreme Fairness have progressed to the semifinals and will play against Aditya Republic. As the team prepares, Eugene, the captain of the nation's team, has expressed his thoughts on how Aditya Republic had played against the Fairnessian team during the regional soccer championships. "I hope they'd put up just as good a fight, as we have been preparing for at least 3 months now." said Eugene.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Apologies for no cutoff today - the computer I was using crashed.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the remainder of the tournament is cancelled.
Co-Author of SC #204

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports