NATION

PASSWORD

National Baseball League of Schiltzberg (Invite)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

National Baseball League of Schiltzberg (Invite)

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Please do not post in this thread unless you are Schiltzberg, a moderator performing his/her duties, or if you are given special permission from Schiltzberg.

The National Baseball League of Schiltzberg
Official Thread

For centuries, baseball has been the national pastime for the people of Schiltzberg. Various professional and semi-professional leagues have cropped up in Schiltzberg in the past, but all of them eventually ended up failing after only a handful of seasons, due to competition with foreign baseball leagues. The issue was not lack of attendance, but rather a lack of funding, which was vital for any league to successfully compete with other well-established foreign leagues.

In the year 2000, the then-Grand Duke of Schiltzberg Lucas the Great, who himself was a baseball fan, offered large amounts of money to subsidize a professional baseball league in Schiltzberg, hoping that such a league would prove Schiltzberg's dominance in international sports, and would allow the people of Schiltzberg to connect their love of the game with their love of their country. And so the NBLS was born.

Nineteen cities across Schiltzberg were chosen to host twenty teams; two in the capital of New Schiltzbierg, and one in each of the other cities. The teams were placed into two conferences, the East and West, which were both divided into two divisions, the North and South. The result was four divisions of five teams. Teams were placed in their respective divisions based on their geological position in the nation of Schiltzberg. The teams were as follows:

Northwestern DivisionSouthwestern DivisionNortheastern DivisionSoutheastern Division
Barlow KnivesBeyren CaptainsBakerstown BearsHamilton Hawks
Earlington EarlsDiamondhead DiamondsChesterton Ground HogsOrthorlandville Workers
Fox Valley FoxesDodgersville DodgersMarkle ProtestantsRico Volcanoes
New Schiltzbierg Grand DukesMarion CatholicsNew Schiltzbierg PresidentsSelmont Seldoms
Westport FishSt. Joseph CarpentersSharpsville SharpshootersTushka Turtlenecks

The first game was played on Friday, March 31, 2000 between the New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes and the New Schiltzbierg Prime Ministers (now the Presidents) at the Royal Dome, which is home to the Grand Dukes to this day. This was significant, because March 31 is Schiltzberg Day, the largest national holiday in Schiltzberg. Attendance was officially 43,276, despite the stadium's maximum capacity being only 40,600 at the time. The Grand Duke threw out the first pitch, and so Schiltzbergian baseball officially began. The game was won by the Prime Ministers 7-3, despite the Grand Dukes being the more highly favored team at that time. Ever since that first game, it has become a national tradition for the Grand Dukes to play the Prime Ministers/Presidents on Schiltzberg Day, and every year that game marks the first day of the season. The matchup is the only inter-conference game during the regular season.

The regular season is 180 games long. In those 180 games, each team plays ten home games and ten away games against every other team in the conference, no more and no less. No team ever plays a team in the opposite conference during the regular season, with two exceptions, those being when the Presidents play the Grand Dukes on Schiltzberg Day, and when the Catholics play the Protestants in the "Christian Cup", which is held every year on the first Sunday of October, marking the last day of the regular season. To make up for their interleague games, the Grand Dukes only play the Catholics nineteen times per regular season and the Presidents only play the Protestants nineteen times per regular season as well.

Every year at the end of the regular season, which is 180 games long, the top team in each of the four divisions is seeded into the postseason bracket. Each divisional leader squares off in a best-of-five Conference Series against the leader of the other division in its conference. Then the winners of the Conference Series square off in the best-of-seven Season Series, and the winner is proclaimed the best in the NBLS, and is often then chosen to compete against the champions of other professional baseball leagues, like Major League Baseball in the United States, the Nippon Professional Baseball league in Japan, and the Korea Baseball Organization in South Korea.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Reserved
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Barlow Knives
Retired Numbers: 49, 64, 80
Divisional Titles: TBD
Conference Titles: TBD
Season Titles: TBD

Based out of Barlow, Schiltzberg, and owned by the Barlow corporation, the Barlow Knives have for years been named to advertise the owner's company. Fans are very fond of the name though, and several fans have noted its uniqueness as a name.

The name has been slightly controversial, and there have been movements to have it removed unsuccessfully several times. The most notable time was in November of 2007, when the House of Representatives was one vote away from voting to remove the name, due to its featuring of a legal weapon in its name and logo.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Earlington Earls
Retired Numbers: 50, 65
Divisional Titles: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007
Conference Titles: 2003, 2004
Season Titles: 2003

Based out of Earlington, the Earls' name comes from the title Earl, which was given to nobleman by the Grand Duke in ancient times. Ironically, the town was originally named after an Earl who acquired the land from the Grand Duke in the Eighteenth Century, so the name is rather circular.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Fox Valley Foxes
Retired Numbers: 26, 41, 82

The Fox Valley Foxes play in Fox Valley Stadium on the banks of the Fox River, which runs north to south through western Schiltzberg. The stadium's right-field wall is only about 100 feet from the river, so a hearty chop from a left-handed batter could easily send a baseball plummeting into the river. Baseballs have been known to wash up on the shores of the river as far south as northern France.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 pm

New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes
Retired Numbers: 15, 26, 60, 84, 85, 85, 97
Divisional Titles: 2000, 2001, 2002
Conference Titles: 2002

The Grand Dukes have always been the most highly favored team in the Western Conference, and are famous for being much more successful than their rival, the Presidents, and have had several successful teams over the years. The Grand Dukes have played at the Royal Dome for the entirety of their years as a team. The glorious dome is the only remaining active stadium with a fixed roof, but it has been maintained splendidly to ensure that it remains as stylish as the day it opened, and is considered to be the greatest and most glorious stadium in the history of Schiltzbergian baseball, despite its outdated design.

Royal Dome in 2002
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Westport Fish
Retired Numbers: 58
Divisional Titles: 2005
Conference Titles: 2005
Season Titles: 2005

Based out of Schiltzberg's biggest port, where fishing is the second most popular sport, the Fish play at the small Aquatic Stadium, which overlooks the Gulf of Schiltzberg.
It is June 4, 2014, and the Fish are about to play the Captains at Aquatic Stadium. Notice how few seats the stadium holds. The stands have since been expanded to stretch to the foul poles, but the stadium still only seats 31,600, which is the least of any stadium in the league by several thousand.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Beyren Captains
Retired Numbers: 12, 34, 38, 39, 41, 78
Divisional Titles: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Conference Titles: 2000, 2001
Season Titles: 2000

Based out of the most populous city in Schiltzberg, the Captains have always been very successful and have had a lot of fans. They and the Grand Dukes have the largest fan-bases in Schiltzbergian baseball, and the Captains' 45,000 seating Captain Stadium is almost full every game, and the Caps have been known to bring in more than 4,000,000 fans in one year.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Diamondhead Diamonds
Retired Numbers: none
Divisional Titles: 2006, 2007
Conference Titles: 2006, 2007
Season Titles: 2007

Diamondhead, which has always been the capital of diamond mining, was granted a team in 2000, which was naturally called the Diamonds. The Diamonds feature false diamonds on the soles of their shoes as a part of their uniform.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm

Dodgersville Dodgers
Retired Numbers: 26, 55, 64, 94

The Dodgersville Dodgers, sporting a catchy name, take their name after the great city that they are based in, which was named after Jacob M. Dodger, who founded the city in 1871, and happened to be a large baseball fan, despite its frailty as a professional sport at the time. Dodgersville has been called the baseball capital of the world, and the Dodgers, which existed in previous professional leagues, is the oldest remaining professional team in Schiltzberg, having been founded in 1951.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm

Marion Catholics
Retired Numbers: 97

Reverend James Charley, a Catholic priest who was chartered ownership of the Marion baseball team in 2000, decided that he would do the world a favor and name his team after the members of his religion. This move instantly sparked controversy among both Catholics and non-Catholics. The owner of the Markle team, a Protestant named Jim Dwight, was especially outraged, and declared that if the Reverend refused to change his team's name before the start of the season, he would change the name of his team, the Markle Lumberjacks, to the Markle Protestants. This was meant to be a joke, but when Father Charley stood by his original name, Dwight went through with a change in name, as he had promised, and so two teams were conceived to be rivals. The only problem was that the teams were in opposing leagues, so they would never play each other, so the league set up the Christian Cup, which was to be played on the last day of the season, so settle the score between the two bitter rivals.

Reverend Charley proposed giving his team the day off every Sunday, saying that it was God's will, but the league disapproved, and informed him that in order to do this he would have to forfeit one-seventh of his games, so he did not go through with it.

In 2038, when the Catholic team was ironically made up of mostly Protestants, the players, feeling that they were betraying God by playing under the name of their rivalling sect, boycotted their own team and refused to play, forcing the owner to forfeit eighteen games, before he was able to trade for nine players that were willing to play. The incident prompted the league to consider making the team change its controversial name, but after lots of debate and discussion, the league allowed the team to keep its name, being that it was a large source of revenue and popularity for the league.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:09 pm

St. Joseph Carpenters
Retired Numbers: 75, 83

St. Joseph National Forest Reserve is the host to the St. Joseph Carpenters. Their stadium, Woodman Park, is in the middle of the forest, which is visible over the outfield wall. The Carpenters do not bring in many fans because of their remote location, but their stadium is a must see for avid baseball fans, who come from all over the country to see the Stadium in the Woods, as it has been nicknamed.
Pregame at Woodman Park, with the visiting Grand Dukes warming up in leftfield.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Bakerstown Bears
Retired Numbers: 19, 79, 97
Divisional Titles: 2000, 2001
Conference Titles: 2001
Season Titles: 2001

The Bears, located in the outskirts of Bakers Forest in the town called Bakerstown, the Bears are named after the black bears that have been sighted in and around the forest reserve. Their mascot is Baker the Bear, a bear in the Bakerstown Zoo. Baker has been brought in a portable cage to the ballpark, where fans have gotten a look at him, and players have gotten to feed him. In a Season Series against the Westport Fish, fans were appalled when a zookeeper publically fed Baker a salmon right outside the ballpark before a game. The owners of the team insist to this day that it was merely coincidental.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Chesterton Ground Hogs
Retired Numbers: 55, 75
Divisional Titles: 2006

Chesterton, center of Ground Hog Day in Schiltzberg, annually releases a ground hog on February 2 to see if he will see his shadow. Chester the Chesterton Ground Hog is the namesake of the Chesterton Ground Hogs, and the entire team is required to visit the Ground Hog Day festivities every year, no exceptions.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Markle Protestants
Retired Numbers: 22, 45, 56, 68, 96
Divisional Titles: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Conference Titles: 2004
Season Titles: 2004

The Protestants, named to combat the Marion Catholics, have always been a successful and popular team. The Protestants and the Catholics alternate hosting the Christian Cup, which is a one game series held on the last day of the season every year as an annual tradition. The league has always been hesitant to allow political and religious names to pass, but when they allowed the Marion team to be called the Catholics, they thought that it was only fair to allow the Markle team to change its name to the Protestants. They then put up a ban on further religious names, when the Hamilton team considered changing its name to the Hamilton Jews, due to its large Jewish population, because the league did not want baseball to become more of a crusade than it already was.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 pm

New Schiltzbierg Presidents
Retired Numbers: 11, 21, 23

The Presidents, called the Prime Ministers up until 2015, when the team adopted the name "Presidents" to adjust to the new constitution that was passed in August of 2014, which removed the position of Prime Minister and replaced it with the position of President. The Prime Ministers shared the Royal Dome with the Grand Dukes for thirteen years, to the dismay of Grand Duke fans. Grand Duke fans were known to buy tickets to Prime Ministers games just to hold up posters saying things like "Get Out of Our Stadium", and to boo their star players when they came up to bat.

The Prime Ministers eventually built their own stadium in 2012, originally called Minister's Mansion, and then changed to Presidential Palace in 2015, which was only several hundred feet east of Royal Dome. Shortly after the stadium was completed, the teams' respective owners jokingly agreed to paint a thick red line on the border of the two properties, which quickly became a trademark of the two stadiums. "The Barrier," as it is called, marks the border between the East and West Conferences, and superstitious fans believe that it is bad luck to walk on the rivalling teams side of the line, and often spit across the line as a sign of disgust for the other team. At the beginning of each season, when the two rivals play the first game on Schiltzberg Day, the two players of the two teams traditionally stand on their respective sides of The Barrier, and stare down their opponents. Then a towel is thrown down so that the visiting team can walk across the painted line without touching the painted part, and thereby standing on their rivals' side of the turf.

Royal Dome (left) and Presidential Palace (right) in 2017. The Barrier is visible dividing the two stadiums.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Sharpsville Sharpshooters
Retired Numbers: 20
Divisional Titles: 2007

David James, owner of the Sharpshooters, claims that he named the team the way he did simply because "it sounded cool." The team is famous for its logo, a gun target, which is placed on their caps, like there is a gun aimed at their head. This logo has been praised and ridiculed by various different people over the years.

Sharpshooters logo.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Hamilton Hawks
Retired Numbers: 49, 60
Divisional Titles: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006
Conference Titles: 2002, 2003, 2006
Season Titles: 2002, 2006

Schiltzbergian baseball has always been very patriotic and political. The Hamilton Hawks are named after the national animal, the red-tailed hawk, which lives freely throughout Schiltzberg as an icon of the nation. The once small town of Hamilton has since grown rapidly after becoming a baseball town.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Orthorlandville Workers
Retired Numbers: 2, 28, 90, 90, 94

Orthorland Community Stadium is located on the west side of Orthorland, in a slum just outside of a factory. Orthorland has always been an industrial hub, but a lot of the actually workers are poorly paid to do hard manual labor. The industrial workers often come to see the team that is named after them play ball, as Orthorland is a huge hub for baseball as well, and are often seen standing on rooftops to watch the game over the short wall. The rooftop viewers are a trademark of Orthorland Community Stadium, where the Workers play.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Rico Volcanoes
Divisional Titles: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2007
Conference Titles: 2000, 2005, 2007

Located close, albeit safely away, from Mount Rico, an active volcano, the team plays at Volcanic Stadium, where the players can literally see the volcano over the left-field wall when they stand on home plate, even thought it is several miles away. The region is commonly hit by earthquakes, and on average, about three games per year is cancelled do to quake damage every year. In August 2021, a magnitude earthquake hit 5.9 earthquake hit Rico, and caused slight damage to Volcanic Stadium, making it unsafe to play at, so the Volcanoes played the rest of their home games for that season at Turtleneck Park, and then were given the OK to go back to Volcanic Stadium starting with the 2022 season.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Selmont Seldoms
Seasonal Titles: TBD

Officially named the Selmont Sandstorm, due to Selmont being a part of the Schiltzbergian Desert, and sandstorms being fairly frequent there, the name quickly got dubbed the "Seldoms," due to their seldom wins, and frequent losses. Though the name has never been officially changed, nor recognized by the ball club in any way, shape, or form, the Sandstorm is almost exclusively called the Selmont Sendoms, even by its closest fans! Some fans say that they have grown attached to the nickname, despite its original criticism of the team. Nevertheless, the team has consistently ranked at the bottom of the standings every year since its creation.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Tushka Turtlenecks
Retired Numbers: 37, 62, 67, 67, 88

Originally named the Tushka Oranges, because the town is the largest grower and seller of oranges in all of Europe, the press quickly and sarcastically nicknamed the team the Turtlenecks, because of the hideous oddity in its uniform. Though the name was originally supposed to criticize the team, the fans quickly became fond of the team's trademark orange turtleneck shirt, and accepted the nickname. The nickname began being heard in team chants in 2001, but the team did not officially change its name to the Turtlenecks until 2003.

The same name and uniforms remained, until the team got new ownership in 2032. The new owner was a man named Joseph Stafeld, who immediately proposed a change in uniform and a change in name, because, he said, the trademark turtlenecks were "just plain hideous." Starting with the 2033 season, the team changed its name back to the Oranges, and wore uniforms that were a lot more orthodox. The fans hated the move and continued to wear the hideous turtlenecks to the games as a sign of protest. Every Sunday that the team played at home, the players would wear their alternate uniform, which featured the trademark turtlenecks. Every Sunday when the players ran out onto the field, the fans chanted "Turtlenecks! Turtlenecks!" which was their former theme song, and would give the team a standing ovation. Continued criticism of the new uniforms led Stafeld to change the team name back to Turtlenecks, and he reluctantly reinstituted the turtleneck into the uniform again as well, starting in the 2036 season.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:47 pm

Season Series Champions

2000: Beyren Captains (beat Rico Volcanoes 4-1)
2001: Bakerstown Bears (beat Beyren Captains 4-3)
2002: Hamilton Hawks (beat New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes 4-1)
2003: Earlington Earls (beat Hamilton Hawks 4-1)
2004: Markle Protestants (beat Earlington Earls 4-3)
2005: Westport Fish (beat Rico Volcanoes 4-2)
2006: Hamilton Hawks (beat Diamondhead Diamonds 4-1)
2007: Diamondhead Diamonds (beat Rico Volcanoes 4-3)
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:51 am

2000 Season Standings

Northwest DivisionRecordGames Behind
New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes101-79--
Barlow Knives91-8910.0
Earlington Earls90-9011.0
Fox Valley Foxes86-9415.0
Westport Fish82-9819.0

Southwest DivisionRecordGames Behind
Beyren Captains110-70--
Dodgersville Dodgers99-8111.0
Diamondhead Diamonds92-8818.0
St. Joseph Carpenters75-10435.0
Marion Catholics74-10636.0

Northeast DivisionRecordGames Behind
Bakerstown Bears101-79--
Markle Protestants98-823.0
Chesterton Ground Hogs92-889.0
Sharpsville Sharpshooters82-9819.0
New Schiltzbierg Prime Ministers77-10424.0

Southeast DivisionRecordGames Behind
Rico Volcanoes103-77--
Orthorlandville Workers100-803.0
Hamilton Hawks98-825.0
Tushka Oranges75-10528.0
Selmont Seldoms74-10629.0

Schiltzberg Day Winner: Prime Ministers (7-3)
Christian Cup Winner: Catholics (6-3)

2000 Playoffs:

Western Conference Championship Series (Grand Dukes vs. Captains)
Game 1: Captains Win 7-0
Game 2: Captains Win 11-6
Game 3: Grand Dukes Win 11-5
Game 4: Captains Win 5-1
Captains Take Series 3-1

Eastern Conference Championship Series (Bears vs. Volcanoes)
Game 1: Volcanoes Win 4-2
Game 2: Bears Win 9-5
Game 3: Volcanoes Win 14-10
Game 4: Bears Win 8-4
Game 5: Volcanoes Win 11-5
Volcanoes Take Series 3-2

2000 Season Series (Captains vs. Volcanoes)
Game 1: Captains Win 4-1
Game 2: Captains Win 13-2
Game 3: Captains Win 15-5
Game 4: Volcanoes Win 10-5
Game 5: Captains Win 2-0
Captains Take Series 4-1
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:48 pm

2001 Season Standings

Northwest DivisionRecordGames Behind
New Schiltzbierg Grand Dukes106-74--
Earlington Earls95-859.0
Barlow Knives88-9218.0
Fox Valley Foxes87-9319.0
Westport Fish80-10026.0

Southwest DivisionRecordGames Behind
Beyren Captains106-74--
Dodgersville Dodgers102-784.0
Diamondhead Diamonds88-9218.0
Marion Catholics78-10228.0
St. Joseph Carpenters76-10430.0

Northeast DivisionRecordGames Behind
Bakerstown Bears100-80--
Markle Protestants95-855.0
Chesterton Ground Hogs94-866.0
New Schiltzbierg Prime Ministers82-9818.0
Sharpsville Sharpshooters79-10121.0

Southeast DivisionRecordGames Behind
Hamilton Hawks101-79--
Orthorlandville Workers100-801.0
Rico Volcanoes97-834.0
Selmont Seldoms78-10223.0
Tushka Oranges74-10627.0

Schiltzberg Day Winner: Prime Ministers (14-12)
Christian Cup Winner: Catholics (12-11)

2001 Playoffs

Western Conference Championship Series (Grand Dukes vs. Captains)
Game 1: Captains Win 15-8
Game 2: Captains Win 1-0
Game 3: Grand Dukes Win 15-2
Game 4: Grand Dukes Win 11-8
Game 5: Captains Win 14-13
Captains Take Series 3-2

Eastern Conference Championship Series (Bears vs. Hawks)
Game 1: Bears Win 7-0
Game 2: Bears Win 6-4
Game 3: Bears Win 9-1
Bears Sweep Series 3-0

2001 Season Series (Captains vs. Bears)
Game 1: Bears Win 11-7
Game 2: Captains Win 14-1
Game 3: Captains Win 8-7 (F/12)
Game 4: Bears Win 14-13
Game 5: Captains Win 11-5
Game 6: Bears Win 3-0
Game 7: Bears Win 13-8
Bears Take Series 4-3
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA