NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championship 13: RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

A slideshow on the wall of Alec's consciousness played the highlights of the previous eighteen months.

A blurred flurry of shaking fists and thumbs up as he crossed the line in Ancharmunn to take the world title, and a glimpse of Stan McPahan's pale, gobsmacked face as he did so.

Perching a half-empty bottle of champagne on his shoulder as he peered over the barricades at the fans below. Half of them cheering, half of them clapping, and only half of them soaked in champagne - something he began to make up for as soon as he realised.

Meeting that gorgeous lawyer in Iadub. She was 50 if she was a day, and had had some work done, but bloody hell, that was a night.

Tarogama, too. That hotel with the fountain in the front, a well-stocked bar in the front, and an Aelsh syncronised swimming team in the middle.

The girls. The posh champagne. The fans shaking his hand in the street.

He's snapped out of his reverie by the roar of an engine so loud it forces a change of tense. He blinks away the scales from his eyes to reveal the McPahan F180a gunning its virgin engine. An engineer unplugs a laptop while another wipes away dust and marbles from the car's exterior.

Alec hops to attention from his previous position - perched on a desk at the back of the garage - and slowly wanders towards the car, which purrs at a low rumble.

"She's all yours" says Jacky. She nods towards Stew Clark, who is holding the steering wheel. Stew nods towards the cockpit. This is it. He fits his helmet over his head and turns for Roger Bunn to give it its traditional 'bonk' into place. Realising that Bunn is nowhere to be seen, he looks around for some help. Jacky strolls up and pushes the helmet down properly.

"Winning that championship must have made your head even bigger" she quips.

This was it, then. Back in the proverbial sadddle. Barely. Alec tries to remember the cockpit being quite this tight a fit, and fails. Fortunately, Stew fits the steering wheel without his tummy getting in the way.

"Must remember to get back in the gym as soon as possible" says Alec, to himself.

"Good idea" comes a voice in his ear. Stan's. "Communications system appears to be online. We'll be checking everything else during the lap. In your own time, champ"

Somewhere under his helmet and his balaclava, Alec blushes. He takes a second to calm himself, run his hands over the new steering unit, before pushing gently on the accelerator.

The F180a jolts forward eagerly. A quick turn of the wheel gets him down the pit straight. He joins the circuit.

The Crossport Raceway, Audioslavia's newest and most modern grand prix circuit, has a long straight down to turn one, the so called 'turn of the century', a mid-length left-hander just deep enough to whittle a pack of 24 roaring cars to single file. Alec approaches at a modest speed, pumps the brakes and coasts around the corner, missing all apexes by a mile, before accelerating downhill, through Turn 2 before easing off for the tighting right hander that ends with the 'Hammerhead' turn - a sharp right onto a long straight. The g-force from the right-hander presses his helmet into the side of the cockpit - a force his neck isn't quite strong enough to counter. He lets out a grunt as the corner opens out into the straight, which he accelerates down as fast as is possible. A shallow incline levels out into a 10-degree left, followed by a hard, hard braking zone which puts extra pressure on that neck. The car judders to an almost standstill, thankfully without any wheelspin, and he feeds the car through the turn as best he can. It's still.. not quite right. Not only are his, and therefore the car's, movements not quite smooth enough, but the g-forces are still messing with him and everything is still... it's somehow sluggish. Was the car heavier? Was the engine not giving him as much as last season? The car, like him, felt a little more lethargic and a few pounds too heavy. What was wrong?

Knock corner hones into view in front of him, and Alec takes it at a safe pace, feeding the car through Hold and Loose before accelerating up the part of the circuit named after him. Lund Hill. A big, steep climb with a slight right-hand lilt. He builds speed up the hill, levels out for a short straight before starting the descent down Bunn Straight - named after his former team-mate.

Alec's eyes open at the sight in front of him - perhaps the most dangerous part of any circuit on the current WGPC calendar. The rail tunnel. It wasn't technically a rail tunnel - the cars weren't driving on rails - it was, rather, a bridge, with a functioning railtrack above. The track had originally been built to end just before it, but problems with the steep descent down Bunn hill meant that either the track had to wind back out and in again to negate the steep clim, or be extended just a little past the original boundaries. It was the quickest part of the circuit even with the slight bend, and at the end of it was a wall. It may have been a wall angled so that it would give even the most out-of-sorts cars a long, grinding slide rather than a head-on crash, but it was a wall nonetheless, and even clipping a tire in the wrong place could spell the end of one's race.

Alec brakes as late as he dare - which isn't that late, it turns out - and banks right, and right again, before embarking on the main straight. He stamps on the accelerator as quickly as possible, and curses under his breath as the engine goes through the gears just a fraction of a second slower than he'd like. The horizon hurtles towards him, he passes the line, and it's the start of his flying lap. This is definitely it, now. Now he goes about earning that big old salary of his.

The Turn of the Century soon arrives, for the second time, and this time the McPahan F180a is flush on the right hand side of the track for the approach. A pump of the brakes kills his speed and lets him decellerate through to second gear. He misses the apex on the inside, but his the outer one. The right-rear spins as he fails to get the traction he needs to properly hit top speed down the short downhill straight before turn two, but he does manage to take the second turn smoothly and coast round to Hammerhead. His head, once again, is duly hammered onto the side of the cockpit as he swings round, a little too fast, onto the main straight, and the car eats up all of the generous rumble-strip and even a few blades of grass as he begins the shallow climb on the eastern part of the circuit. The car, once again, gallops a little labouredly up the hill, still feeling as if he's dragging a wheelbarrow full of tar behind him. He's thankful for the absense of said wheelbarrow as he brakes hard for Hammertail. The tyres squeal in protest as he again carries a few too many horses round the corner, and he's rocked by a sharp mount of the outer rumblestrip as the car straightens out again.

Flush onto the right hand side of the circuit, Alec narrows his eyes with determination as Knock homes into view, and he swings the car violently into the left-hander. The rear end feels like it's about to slip away... it thankfully doesn't, but he's certainly gone in too hard, and has to keep his foot off the accelerator in order to get himself into Hold at the correct angle. The car drifts slowly round Hold before Loose comes into view, and Alec pumps the car forward into the corner, getting good traction and good speed out of it in comparison to last time, and hurtling up his own hill as quick as possible. He hears the engine struggle against the combined forces of gravity and air resistance. The shallow right almost takes Lund by surprise, but he keeps his foot pressed against the accelerator all the while. Now, it's time for the right-hander down to Bunn Hill, and Alec can't help but glance at the speedometer as it dances to and beyond the 200 mark... well beyond... scarily beyond... the tunnel gets too close for comfort. Alec brakes hard, the wheels scream in anguish. The right-rear locks up, forcing Alec to pump the brakes again. He's just in time for the right-hander, and gets the car round Linco Turn quickly. The engine lets out a bloodcurdling warcry as the start-finish line rushes towards its wheels.

"Nice first lap. One-thirty-three point oh-three-three. Top marks for repetition. You can go quicker. Over". Stan't voice in his ear.

And he could, but only just. One-thirty dead, or thereabouts, was his best time over four flying laps. The failure to hit at least one-thirty-two-point-somethingorother made Alec grit his teeth in frustration as he crossed the start-finish line for the final time. The despair brought him back into the narrative tenses.

Alec pulled the car into the pits and stopped dead outside the garage, allowing the mechanics to roll him back into the box before untethering the steering column and struggling out of the car.

He was greeted with what he felt was a very generous applause considering the modesty of his performance.

Alec and McPahan's team of directors left the mechanics to close up the garage as they drove back to HQ in Ceilerden. Alec, exhausted from only five laps of excertion, passed out in the back of his car. He was awoken by Jacky opening the car door, letting his snoozing head tilt out of the car, and swinging the door back shut. The threat of impending death somehow woke the driver up with a start as he jolted away. Jacky, showing remarkably quick reactions for someone who was supposedly not a racing driver, stopped the door from hitting where Alec's head had been. She gave out a chuckle.

"Glad to see your head's still working after that battering it took round the circuit" she said, as they pair got the lift together. Alec nodded.

"Need to work on the neck muscles. All the muscles, actually"

"Damn straight"

Alec Lund, Driver; Jacky Johanson, Race Director; Radoslav Salihamidzic, Science Director; Stewart Clark and Gilles Denis, Technical Directors; and finally Stan McPahan, the boss, sat around the oval table in the McPahan office and went over the debriefing.

"Overall, Alec, I'm satisfied. I'm satisfied you've still got 'it', and I'm sure we've plenty of time and potential energy to get you into top form. First of all, what do you think of the car"

"Other than the aesthetics, you mean?" replied Alec. The response drew a quizzical look from Stan.

"The colour?"

"What? No, no. I mean, well, I did prefer the bright blue with white tones to the silver with blue splashes, but that's irrelevant. I meant the sound. This Link V6 engine is more of a growler than a screamer, like the V8 was. Makes it more difficult to get a feel for the car when you want to change gears but..."

"That'll come with time"

"..yeah, yeah, it's not important. The car does feel a bit heavy. A bit more sluggish than last year's."

"Yes" said Stan. "Stew and Gilles are probably the best to explain that"

"We do get a little less power from the V6" said Stewart, nodding. "Distance between revs is a bit wider to make sure we get the same top gear, but using a V6 does mean we're shaving a kilo from the weight of the last model. It'll even work out better for the shorter, winding circuits. This car will outperform the last one... well.. maybe... in the street circuits."

"It could do. We're not sure yet. We won't be until we can test it at a street circuit" added Gilles, "and that won't be until we race at one. Either way, yeah, we've saved weight on the engine. Saved fuel, too. The V6 doesn't guzzle it like the old Link V8 did. We don't need to load so much at the start of a race. Won't make qualifying easier, but you should notice the difference come raceday"

"We're also adding a litte weight with safety precautions, though" said Stew. "This car isn't built on a chassis of dry twigs and gaffa tape, like the old one. It's much more reliable but, y'know, that comes at the expense of cornering speed. It'll feel a bit more sluggish than you're used to..."

"That's for sure" said Alec, thinking. "And we absolutely had to make it safer?"

The room fell silent. Stan spoke first.

"Alec, how many times did you nearly die last season?"

"Three." replied Alec, dead-pan. "Roger just the twice, although both times the death would have been much more spectacular"

"Would you prefer to be alive come the end of the season, or to have a slightly faster car, because that's the choice" said Stan. Alec nodded.

"Yeah, you're right, of course. I'm thankful for the work you put in, y'know, of course, but the 170... last year's car... it was special, y'know? A wild animal. It was a dream to drive, while it still resembled a car and not, y'know, a sort of slow-burning upside-down wheel-less yacht covered in gravel, which I appreciate was 'every other race'."

"Aye" said Stan, with a smile that was rare for his newer, more professional demeanour. "Did you have any more questions?"

-- What follows is a conversation about the mechanics of a sequential gearbox that is far too boring to post even here --

"So, the plan" said Stan, straightening his tie. "We're back at the Crossport Raceway next Saturday and Sunday to put the car through its paces again. We're looking to get the 'B' car thoroughly tested as well."

"Will you have a second driver by then, or will I be doing the 'B' car?"

"No" replied Stan, straightening his tie again. "You won't be driving either of them, in fact. You, Alec, have a date"

"Is it a blonde?" asked Alec, before thinking. "Date with the sponsors?" he added, trying to veer himself back towards professionalism.

"It is a blonde, actually" said Stan, raising an eyebrow from Alec and, indeed, everyone else in the room. "A Polarian. Unfortunately for you, this Polarian is about 6'5 and 250 pounds. The Polarian also goes by the name of 'Olaf'. He's a personal trainer, Alec..."

"Ah.."

"We saw your head rattling around in there. Your neck has lost strength. You're also a good stone overweight, and you know it. With the season just over a month away, we need you in top shape, Alec. Tippity tip top shape. Olaf is going to help you with that"

"Right. Well... I suppose I need that... But.. who..."

"We'll be hiring a couple of drivers to put two cars through their paces"

"Who?" asked Alec

"Rudolf Ibuna" came the reponse from Jacky. "On dad's reccomendation. A strong driver. Coming in from the Formula Hodori. We sent him the email this afternoon, asking him to turn up for a trial on Saturday. He'll be putting in five flying laps, just like you. We'll see if he can edge out your time"

"Good good" replied Alec, "don't think I've met him, but heard good things about him"

"You have met him" said Stan, with a wry smile. "At a conference in Tarogama. You were pissed"

"Was that when I fell into that cake?"

"No" said Stan, "that was in Iadub. And also again in Oljestaden"

"What did I do in Tarogama?"

"I think you were reasonably well behaved, actually, though that poor waitress you kept chatting up might have other ideas" said Stan. Alec scratched his head. "Anyway, yes, we've offered a trial run to Rudolf Ibuna. We've also got Ujkan Sadiraj down for Sunday."

"Same deal" said Jacky, "five flying laps. See how the car holds up, see if he can get the best out of it. Again, it depends on his response. We only sent the email to his agents this afternoon."

"Both of these guys are in demand" said Stan, "They've both got engagements around the same time, in Barunia with Archer, in Yttribia with Frontiere's invitational, and there's the Fuoco e Ghiaccio test in Nekoni, too. Our weekend doesn't clash with any of them, but we're prepared should either driver decide to accept another team's offer rather than come to us for the trial.

"Interesting" said Alec, "What's the backup plan?"

"Victor Hall" said Stan, through gritted teeth. "Not as a racer, but just to test the number two car. He'll be coming for a visit anyway. We feel we owe him at least a test run after our last boss hit him in the head with a pit drill"

"Hmm" said Alec, who'd drifted away from the conversation. "I have to admit, I'd been expecting a bigger name. I mean, Victoria Gardner's still available..."

"We're pretty sure she'll be taking a #1 driver's spot somewhere, and for money, too. We're looking for a pay-driver. Someone with sponsors. Sadiraj, especially, has good financial backing, and he can go a lick too. Ibuna has more pedigree and less money, but neither is a risk"

Stan looked at his watch.

"I think that's time for today, gents. Good work today, all of you. See you in the pub in half an hour?"

"Damn right!" said Alec, beaming. "I think I've earned one after today! Mine's a gin and tonic with a squeeze of lime and I've just realised I'm not actually invited, am I?"

The door at the far end of the room opened. The secretary, Ms. Flower, entered. Behind him was some kind of moving statue of perfect Hellenic proportions, except he looked like a man who didn't have a willy that would fall out of fashion after a couple of millenia. He was blond. He was bearded. Alec quickly surmised who he was.

"You wouldn't happen to be a Polarian named Olaf, would you?" asked Alec.

The Polarian nodded.

"Your road back to fighting fitness, Alec..." said Stan, trying to hide a smile, "starts today"

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:26 am

KAPRANOS SPORT MANAGEMENT

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Macllynlleth Clockwork Racing Team Limited
MCR Head Office
34 Eastern Seawalk
Drayfill
Aels
DR2 EA34

Kapranos Sport Management
434 Hoffman Avenue
Suite D
Fontvieille
Yttribia
6FT 037

Attention: Mr Rhys Macllynlleth

Dear Mr Macllynlleth
I thank you for offering my client, Tyler Brooks, a race seat with your team, Macllynlleth Clockwork Racing.

To quote my client, he was "ecstatic as hell" when I notified him of your offer. As Mr Brooks is a former stock car driver, he is extremely delighted to see Matthew Portland as a part of your team. As Mr Portland himself was also a stock car driver, my client views him to be beneficial to him in order to ease in the transition from stock car racing. He is looking forward to meeting with your officials in Aels.

Both my client and I agree that working with Mr Portland and your offering is extremely suitable and will fit well with Mr Brooks in his quest to become one of the elite drivers in the World Grand Prix Championships, and will help assist in your quest to become a team that will soon rise to the helm of the auto racing world. Mr Brooks views the relationship that can be forged between himself and your team will prove beneficial, and will be much more valuable in the long term compared to the pay.

Regarding my client's visit to your headquarters, he is delighted and excited to test your race simulator, and will be pleased to work with someone sane for once, after the rocky relation he had with Frontière Racing's team principal.

My client looks forward to meeting with you within the coming week, preferably on the 29th of June, for a test run on your simulator.

Yours sincerely,
Harrison Kapranos
Head Agent, CEO
Kapranos Sports Management

A drunk Gaston Duval made his way to his old, vintage computer as he proceeded to type up responses to those who have given interest into Frontière Racing, by writing up an invitation.

To: Lauren Ashburton, Sayono Souzare, Scotty Tucker, Moises Delgado, Roger Bunn, Rudolf Ibuna, Crimson LaRoja
cc: n/a
Re: Test Drive

Hello:

First off, you must be in awe by receiving another letter for me, I know. Second, I thank you for being smart people in choosing us for making your career a damn success in the final frontier that is here and now. Now, I would like to personally take the time, and give you a run through as to what we will do here. Prefacing this, our in house circuit is being given the final touches, so we will be addressing this right now. To begin, depending on whether or not there will be conflicts with other tests, you have either one of two options. You may either take a test run on our simulated course between tomorrow and the thirtieth of June here at our glorious headquarters, or you can participate in a test run on our on-campus circuit, which will take place on the 30th of June. If we ask you to join please note the following: You will not have to worry about paying to race. We're so damn filthy rich we can pay delightful salaries to our race team.

Regardless of whether or not you can make our live-test drive, or be forced to take a run on the simulator, we will be giving you our circuit map to study for in advance, developed by our now deceased circuit designer Virgilio "Terreni Polverose" Runnelzi. The test drive will be consisting of five laps, which should be no hassle for you all. Details regarding the course are as followed. The circuit is 7090 metres in length, with a simulator record of 1:51.388. Here is an image of the circuit, for studying and preparing. The circuit runs in an anti-clockwise direction.

In addition, a small, one question questionnaire has been attached to this e-mail to help me get to know you better. The question is listed below.

Q: Who is the most interesting man in the world, and why is it me?

Yours sincerely,

Gaston Duval
Team Principal
Frontière Racing

PS: You can tell that Tyler Brooks kid to bugger the f**k off.

Duval clicked the "Send" button, right before passing out on the keyboard, knowing his money was bound to get him some contractor.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

The Inevitable Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Inevitable Syndicate » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:10 am

McPahan. Synclair. Archer. Telaris. Frontière. And now, Aston Tickford. This was the sixth introductory pack that had found it's way onto Roger's kitchen table, and each of them were laid out in front of him. This had become a sort of ritual, every night, just after his wife had gone to bed - he'd take each pack, read it over, and make a list of pros and cons for joining that team. The list was growing to be quite large, now, for every team, and as he thumbed over the Archer Motorsports booklet for the umpteenth time, he tapped in another point to make about the racing team, and looked at the clock. He really didn't have much time left.

He decided to condense his thoughts back down into a few paragraphs, before making his decision.

MCPAHAN ---- My home team in the WGPC, last season with McPahan was rather... explosive (heh). Linco's death was an awful thing, but Stan seems to have held the team together, and their facility in Ceilerden is looking pretty fab. I know the staff, I like the staff, and I think that neo-McPahan is bound to have a bit more respect for it's drivers. Alec is confirmed to be back there, and he's a great guy, who I'd like to keep close to this season. Maybe the car's improved to the point where it won't collapse if I breathe on it! I do think McPahan is a solid choice, as there's just something about the team culture that I really love....

SYNCLAIR ---- Ross. Patriotism. A bloody good car. Those are the things drawing me to Synclair, and Ross is really quite adamant that I sign up. I'd be getting paid to do so by the team as well, which would be amazing - maybe Amanda and I could move out of this Mertian handy-home that we've found ourselves stuck in. Plus, they're only a few hours away... I mean, Kurtz is lovely, but with the pay, we could move to one of the new cities. Still, it's not always about the money, as dad used to say. He'd be livid if he found out I was joining Synclair just because they'd be willing to pay me. But Ross would be livid if he found that I wasn't joining! I'm torn between Synclair and McPahan at the moment, for sure.

ARCHER ---- Barunian outfit. Did very well in the Hodoran circuit. Quite well known in both countries, and driving for them would be nice, as I'd at least get a say in how the business works. I don't know how business works, however - I can only drive cars. I don't know if I'd make the right decisions in that capacity, and the stress of being a shareholder might affect my ability to race?

TELARIS ---- Money. Money. Money. Haven't driven the car. I'll go to the test session. See how the car plays out. It's good to shop around, right? Maybe I'll feel really good about the car, and it'll have a massive impact on how I feel about the other teams. In fact, yeah, I'll go to all of the test sessions I've been invited to!

And with that, he began to email his agent to book a few holidays.

"I'm Technical Director, sir, I'm not in charge of recruitment..." Ross Bunn gasped, as he sat in the green and copper clad office of Robin Synclair, the owner of the aptly named Synclair Automotive.

"I know you're not, Mr. Bunn, but your brother is part of the driver pool, and I think you could use that fact to try and appeal to the other drivers in that pool. We haven't even sent anything out to drivers, the test session is next month, and I'd really like to get as many people there as possible!" Robin said, leaning forward in his chair and giving Ross a keen stare. Ross knew than when Mr. Synclair had that look in his eyes, you had a job to do, and there wasn't much that could be done about it.

"Fine, sir. I'll get recruitment to, with my help, draft an invitation to the test session for all available drivers. We'll see who performs the best in the new car, who we like the most, and then we can make a driver shortlist from this data. Would that work out for you?"

"Excellent, Mr. Bunn - I knew I hired you for a reason! You're rather young, but you've got that bright spark that your father had. A fine engineer, he was..."

"Indeed, sir. Anyway, I'll go and get on with that now..." Ross stood up to walk out of the office, as a conversation with Mr. Synclair about his father would have probably lasted until the test session itself.

To:All available Free Agents
Subject: A Personal Invitation to Tri-Ribbon Lastermodu

Welcome, prospective drivers, to the Synclair family!

Of course, you're not quite there yet, but if you'd like to be, you have been invited to take part in the pre-season testing for the new Synclair car, the PLA-37. This will be a chance for you to see how the car feels, operates, and also for us to assess each other on how well you would fit into the Synclair team. Registration is simple, you have until next Monday [side-note, that is real time] to submit an RSVP, and to fill out the attached medical information form. You will be testing the car at the new Tri-Ribbon Lastermodu, which is a multi-million ducat raceway that was commissioned by Synclair Automotive to be an exact replica of our home circuit, Cardertower International. Below is an image of the circuit:

The track length is 6.216km, with a lap record of 1:40.226, set by an early version of the PLA-37 a few months ago. During the test session, you will complete several time trials of the circuit, and will then enter direct competition races in pairs to determine how you cope in a racing situation. We hope that as many of you will be able to join us as possible, and that you are keen to enter the team and will be willing to co-operate with our ethos.

We hope to see you over here in Webster soon,

Ross Bunn
Technical Director, Synclair Automotive
The Inevitable Syndicate - Host of World Cup 66 with Audioslavia
Precursor to Mertagne (same user) and Euran Oceania Territories (IC)

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:01 pm

While going out of Mangolana was nothing new for Scotty Tucker, he had never been this nervous before. Tomorrow he would be leaving on an airplane for Nekoni. Spending three days there as he test drove a car for the Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio'. For now however, he was treating his agent to the best burger in Mangolana, Block Burgs.

"What are we doing here?"
"I'm getting you that burger I owe you, remember Tonse. You told me I owed you a burger, well here we are."

Looking around the joint, Tonya realized the nice restaurant visit she had wanted wasn't going to happen. There was no arguing with Scotty, after all, she had just dragged her friend around town for the last few days trying to drum up PR for the "Hometown Hero".

"Really... your taking me to Block Burgs."
"What more could you want, they are after all the best burgers in the world! I need to eat as many of these as I can before the start of the season."
"Uhhh... I guess it's better than nothing."

Ordering there burgers, Scotty and Tonya took there seats at the back of the restaurant. With this being his hometown, it was hard for Scotty to not be recognized. However, that would not stop them from trying. As a young girl came over to there table asking for an autograph -- which Scotty happily signed -- he looked towards his agent.

"Got any more news on the race team front? Anything New, anything old, bad or good?"
"Well", Tonya finished chewing her burger, "So far four drivers have signed number one race seats. Out of those four, three are homegrown driver."
"Homegrown drivers?"
"Drivers racing for teams in there home country."

Scotty looked out the window, the Mangolana weather had just turned, and rain clouds were rolling in.

"Were any of these seats possibly going to me?"
"No, these seats were basically reserved for the homegrown drivers, but we are still in the running for Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio's second seat. Don't forget, we leave tomorrow morning to head to Nekoni. Get you acclimated before the test run on Sunday."

Ring. Ring.

Looking down, Tonya had just received two new emails. Opening them up, she realized they were from race teams. Taking a quick look over both messages, Tonya began to read some of the emails details.

To: Lauren Ashburton, Sayono Souzare, Scotty Tucker, Moises Delgado, Roger Bunn, Rudolf Ibuna, Crimson LaRoja
cc: n/a

Hello:

First off, you must be in awe by receiving another letter for me, I know. Second, I thank you for being smart people in choosing us for making your career a damn success in the final frontier that is here and now. Now, I would like to personally take the time, and give you a run through as to what we will do here. Prefacing this, our in house circuit is being given the final touches, so we will be addressing this right now. To begin, depending on whether or not there will be conflicts with other tests, you have either one of two options. You may either take a test run on our simulated course between tomorrow and the thirtieth of June here at our glorious headquarters, or you can participate in a test run on our on-campus circuit, which will take place on the 30th of June. If we ask you to join please note the following: You will not have to worry about paying to race. We're so damn filthy rich we can pay delightful salaries to our race team.

Regardless of whether or not you can make our live-test drive, or be forced to take a run on the simulator, we will be giving you our circuit map to study for in advance, developed by our now deceased circuit designer Virgilio "Terreni Polverose" Runnelzi. The test drive will be consisting of five laps, which should be no hassle for you all. Details regarding the course are as followed. The circuit is 7090 metres in length, with a simulator record of 1:51.388. Here is an image of the circuit, for studying and preparing. The circuit runs in an anti-clockwise direction.

(Image)

In addition, a small, one question questionnaire has been attached to this e-mail to help me get to know you better. The question is listed below.

Q: Who is the most interesting man in the world, and why is it me?

Yours sincerely,

Gaston Duval
Team Principal
Frontière Racing

PS: You can tell that Tyler Brooks kid to bugger the f**k off.

To:All available Free Agents
Subject: A Personal Invitation to Tri-Ribbon Lastermodu

Welcome, prospective drivers, to the Synclair family!

Of course, you're not quite there yet, but if you'd like to be, you have been invited to take part in the pre-season testing for the new Synclair car, the PLA-37. This will be a chance for you to see how the car feels, operates, and also for us to assess each other on how well you would fit into the Synclair team. Registration is simple, you have until next Monday [side-note, that is real time] to submit an RSVP, and to fill out the attached medical information form. You will be testing the car at the new Tri-Ribbon Lastermodu, which is a multi-million ducat raceway that was commissioned by Synclair Automotive to be an exact replica of our home circuit, Cardertower International. Below is an image of the circuit:

The track length is 6.216km, with a lap record of 1:40.226, set by an early version of the PLA-37 a few months ago. During the test session, you will complete several time trials of the circuit, and will then enter direct competition races in pairs to determine how you cope in a racing situation. We hope that as many of you will be able to join us as possible, and that you are keen to enter the team and will be willing to co-operate with our ethos.

We hope to see you over here in Webster soon,

Ross Bunn
Technical Director, Synclair Automotive

Looking at Scotty, she noticed a new sense of anxiousness in his eyes.

"Any news?!?!"
"Yeah, just got a new offer and a response from Frontière Racing."

The anxiousness from Scotty caused him to shift in his chair. Taking the phone from his agent, Scotty also read over the two emails.

"Well, what are we waiting for, send a response to both."
"Does that mean we are accepting the test session for both? You know how much travel that will be."
"Accept them both, sleep can wait."

Beginning to type on her phone, Tonya began to send her clients response.

To: Frontière Racing

Greetings

We will be more than happy to join Frontière Racing on the 30th of June for a test drive around your in house track. We will be arriving the night before and would like to request an afternoon test run to help my client be completely ready for this excellent opportunity. Thanks in advance and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

PS: You are the most interesting man in the world because you are uber-rich, why else?

Sincerely,

Scotty Tucker

To: Synclair Automotive
Re: RE: A Personal Invitation to Tri-Ribbon Lastermodu

Greetings,

My name is Scotty Tucker, and I am the Rally and Street Racing champion of Mangolana. I would be thrilled to attend your open testing session at your in-house track. I would also love to meet with the race team if possible and take a quick tour of the race shop to observe some of the items and quality of it all. Thank you in advance for the opportunity and I look forward to meeting with your team in the near future.

Sincerely,

Scotty Tucker

Looking over her work, Tonya pressed send. Talking for a little while longer with Scotty, the two finished there meals before retiring to their hotel rooms. Tomorrow they would leave for Scotty's first testing session. Soon after that, the world would soon know the name Scotty Tucker.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:36 am

A ping came from the computer. Victoria looked over, and saw yet another e-mail from a team:
Dear Victoria Gardner,

Hello, I am the manager of SinoMotors Racing. I am writing this to inform you that your talents have caught the eye of many in our team. Though we may be new to WGPC, our team is proud to boast a long heritage of racing in our home nation and is reputed for a benchmark setting level of worksmanship in our cars. The only thing we need to complete our pool of extraordinary talent is a skilled driver capable of spearheading our development throughout this season, YOU. With financial resources envied by many teams, we will try our best to provide a car that best suits you and to allow you to make your mark in WGPC.

Our team is pleased to offer you a test drive in our car, the SM-1, and a potential position of race driver* at Haishang International Circuit. All travel and accommodations will be provided by the Glorious Han government.

Best of luck,
Vincent Liu

*whether or not we will actually offer you the position is dependent on you performance at the test drive

This was followed pretty quickly by a call from Ruwaida, who Vicky had assumed had also seen the message.

"Hi Vicky, Ruwaida here. I guess you've seen the e-mail, right?"

"Yeah, what do you know about them?"

"Not that much I'll be honest. They are right when they say that they have a heritage; I mean, it's not the biggest series in domestic racing but they can make a car. And they do have the money to boot."

"Right. Any ideas on where they stand in comparison to other teams?"

"One of the richer teams on the grid, I can say for sure. Apart from that, not sure. But look at it like this; the tone of the message makes it sound like you could be the first driver for the team, which a lot of others may not be."

"Any news or rumours from the other teams?"

"Frontière seem to have rejected you, can't say for sure. But they've sent out invites to a few drivers for a test day, and I can only assume they didn't want you. McPahan are still waiting on Roger Bunn, who's having to decide between them and his home team Synclair, whose Technical Director is his brother if I remember correctly. I wouldn't bank on waiting for them."

"Yeah, I wasn't planning to wait for McPahan. Bit gutted about Frontière though, they seem to be strong contenders."

"Plus there's also the test offers from the aforementioned Synclair and Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacci of Nekoni, plus I've been contacted by that Hodoran team ... ENSADRINK GP Team Dekijika-Tarogama. Bit of a mouthful that name, but the team's worth considering, given that they come from a nation with one of the best domestic racing series' out there. I'm sure you've heard of Formula Hodori."

"Yes, I have. I'm a bit busy now, but why don't you contact them, say that I would like a test-drive at ... ENSADRINK GP Team Dekijika-Tarogama. And while you're at it, I'll take the test offers from SinoMotors Racing, Synclair and Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacci. I just hope the schedule doesn't get too cluttered."
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Hodori Motorsports
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2010

Postby Hodori Motorsports » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 am

Nechiru Seozamo adjusted the array of dossiers in front of her. Eight in all, the prospective candidates for the two seats of the Ensadrink GP team.
“First driver?”
“Three candidates; Bunn, Gardner, Kallasdun,” Seozamo answered.
“Getting Bunn is unlikely. Gardner’s only been a test driver, but is willing to pay to drive, and Kallasdun…” a second man’s voice, belonging to the representative from Tarogama MotorSports, trailed off before resuming, “We don’t know where he’s been or what he’s been doing since the end of the last Grand Prix championship.”
After a brief pause, the first man - the Director of Operations for Dekijika Racing - asked Seozamo for the second driver candidates.
LaRoja, Ashburton, Landenberg, Ibuna, and Souzare.”
“Souzare, Ashburton, and Ibuna are good candidates. LaRoja and Landenberg would depend on what sponsorships they can bring in.”
“We’ll need to assess them, whomever we choose.” Facing another of the assembled representatives, the Tarogama man then asked, “How many units do we have available?”
“Six; two currently at Kizagama, the other four in our factory. Depending on when to hold the tests and accounting for units built for the championship proper, we can build to a total of ten, maybe eleven if funding allows,” the representative from Yemigama HPI replied. The woman thought for a moment, then added, “This assumes none get damaged in the Kizagama shakedown tomorrow.”
Another period of silence, broken by the constant hum of the air conditioning. A cough here and there, some shuffling of papers, and the debate for which facility to use started.
The Dekijika and Tarogama representatives wanted the test at their companies’ respective home tracks, the Dashoze and Tarogama Circuits. The recently reprofiled Kizagama circuit was given consideration at the insistence of some of the other representatives. Yakumicha was offered, as it was currently the only circuit in Hodori approved for WGPC use.
While the discussion went on around her, Seozamo mulled over the list of drivers, searching for three more. As the test site was settled, she announced her choices to the others. R.L. Cruisin, Tyler Brooks, and Weston Arbeid would be invited to join the other eight for a test session at Yakumicha, after which the team’s two drivers would be announced.
- - - - -
As the press release covering the meeting was drafted, Seozamo tasked an aide to compose and send the test invitations. Checking her notes for the drivers to invite, the scheduling, and their pay once on the team, and consulting others to check her English translation, the aide drafted the email to be sent.
To: Lauren Ashburton, Weston Arbeid, Tyler Brooks, Roger Bunn, R.L. Cruisin, Victoria Gardner, Rudolf Ibuna, Xebandhra Kallasdun, Lovisa Landenberg, Crimson LaRoja, Sayono Souzare
Subject: Yakumicha Test

We here at ENSADRINK GP Team Dekijika-Tarogama wish to invite you to a one-day test session at Yakumicha Circuit to determine our driver lineup for the upcoming 13th World Grand Prix Championship.

The test will consist of a six-lap time trial and mock qualifying in the morning and a 20-lap race in the afternoon. The test will be held on July 1, with the morning time trial session at 1030 Hodoran time and afternoon race session at 1500 Hodoran time. The results of the sessions will be used to determine which two will receive the honour of driving for our team.

The cars, Dekijika Z13 T2s with Tarogama V824NR power plants, will be provided for your use.

If selected, you can expect to be paid between 12,500,000 Kerai and 17,500,000 Kerai ($357,142.86 to $500,000.00 NSD) per race, for a total of between 187,500,000 to 262,500,000 Kerai ($5,357,142.86 to $7,500,000.00 NSD) for the season, plus bonuses and any additional income from sponsors.

We look forward to your response, and hope to see you at the test session.

Regards,
Nechiru Seozamo
Team Principal,
ENSADRINK GP Team Dekijika-Tarogama

hs

Sayono Souzare looked over the four cars in the garage, each being tended to by mechanics. The two nearest her, bearing the number plates of 09 and 10, were destined for the GT2 class of the Hodoran GT championship. The other pair, farthest from her and closest to the pit lane, were open wheel single-seaters, built for two different disciplines. One, wearing the same number 09 and white and red team livery as its GT2 counterpart, had a wide rear wing, as wide as the rear track, and multiple winglets and planes jutting from the bodywork. The second, wearing a similar colour scheme as her NSFC machine and emblazoned with the number 52, had a much narrower rear wing and sleeker body, having been built to WGPC regulations.

As the mechanics finished their work, they pushed three of the machines to an adjacent garage space, the partitions separating the workspaces moved out of the way. Through the gap, she could see a heavy curtain blocking the view of the assembling press, and in a corner another open-wheel car, this one hidden under a tarp. She knew what it looked like; an FH170T after suffering the most minimal of efforts to make it up to look like a WGPC machine, finished in bare carbon fibre. It also didn’t run; since it was there solely to be hidden under that tarp to further emphasise her possible future in the WGPC, it didn’t need to.

As the cars were moved to position, members of her father’s team took their places. Straightening her fire suit, she approached as the mechanics started moving the partitions back into place. Taking a few deep breaths, she prepared for the start of Team ten★GU’s press conference.
- - - - -
After the announcements of the team’s planned domestic activities, the topic of the press conference shifted to Souzare. She was one of three planned drivers for the No.10 HIEDA Tropicorp S224TZ and one of the currently four confirmed drivers for the team, and the focus then turned to her possible WGPC drive.

The press began asking her questions. First, she was asked for her reasoning for the number she wanted.
“I chose fifty-two because my father wore that number in the SGP days, before he drove for Impulse Motorsport. Nine is my second choice.”
A few minor questions, then one about which teams she wanted to drive for and the tests scheduled in other nations.
I would like to drive for Synclair Automotive or Hansa-Nyrota Racing, but until then, I do intend to participate in the tests at Yttribia, Barunia, Nekoni, Mertagne, and of course at Yakumicha.
Towards the end of the session, she was asked for the three she most wanted to drive for.
“Synclair and Hansa-Nyrota are my first two picks. For the third…” She trailed off as she mentally practiced the words. “Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio, the Nekonian team.” She then added on, perhaps unnecessarily, “Mayari’s cute.” At first, she was blushing slightly. As she realized what she had said, the rest of her face began to redden. As the rest of the garage’s occupants chuckled, she let out a flustered, “It-it’s the cat ears!”
- - - - -
Taking her seat on the airliner, Souzare checked her phone’s schedule one more time. The next week was filled with tests; first was a stop in Yttribia for a run in Frontière’s simulator. Again looking over the recent email Duval had sent, she was starting to have her doubts, but during the otherwise uneventful Kizagama conference and shakedowns two days ago she had decided she was going to at least try for a seat there before moving on to the next test.
Last edited by Hodori Motorsports on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Glorious Han Chinese
Spokesperson

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Glorious Han Chinese » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:11 pm

In the sprawling headquarters of the SinoMotors Racing, Vincent Liu leaned back in his chair as he popped another piece of gum into his mouth. He absentmindedly flicked through the channels on the TV as he orders his army of unpaid interns to fetch him coffee and more gum.
"SECRETARY", he yelled out to the hallway, "HAUL YOURSELF HERE NOW!"
The secretary ran into the room as fast as she could, fearing for her job safety. "Sir?"
"Financial report."
"Right. Umm...government money continues to flow in. We managed to convince them to cut most of their funding to the stock car team and direct it to us. We got the CEO of SinoMotors Motor Corporation to make our budget bigger. Song Industries has signed the contract and has wired their money to us just yesterday. We're extorting SinoCom right now. The money should be here by tomorrow. And all our sponsors have been generous with their donations, in addition to the contract agreements. Especially after we liquidated one of them."
"Excellent. Staff report?"
"The pit crew's been training daily with Max's car, and our aero designers are still making improvements as we speak. The engine designers are at the factory to start making the new parts. And the mechanics have been working our spare cars. And the marketing depar-"
"Fuck the marketing. I don't care about them. How's the progress on the car?"
"I'm not good at that. Should I call in the technical director?"
"Yes, yes."
Vincent spit out his gum and smiled as the technical director, Herman Fabel, walked in.
"My friend, Vincent, I heard you needed me."
"Hello, Herman. How's our country treating you?"
"Excellent, excellent. I love your country. Great food, great drink, and great women."
"Let's not talk about drink or women. I want to know about the car."
"Alright, of course, my friend. So the car. Max said he likes it. But he knows nothing about cars. I tell you. Aero is excellent. Superb. We are just perfecting it right now. But your engine is shit."
"We know how to make an engine. We've done it for years."
"Not this kind of engine. Very different the ones you used to build. Right now, it looks good on paper. It can make many, many horsepower. Real life, that's true. It can make a lot of power for ten, maybe twenty minutes. Then it blows up. Every time we run the car, we have to reduce it to like 70 percent."
"Alright. I'm going to give you some more money to work on the engine. But how do we compare to the other teams?"
"No idea. It's our first car and we haven't seen any other cars yet. But thanks, good friend, for the money. I'll put more people into engine design. We'll get it fixed by the time testing starts. I promise."
"By the time the our test drives start. Or as good as you can make it. Work overtime if you need to."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later,

Maxwell looked at Vincent with disbelief on his face.
"What do you mean I'm not going to be first driver?" he sputtered.
Vincent sighed as he played Minesweeper on his computer.
"It means that you are going to be second driver. I've sent out invitations to Moisés Delgado, Crimson LaRoja, and Victoria Gardner. The one that ends up driving for us will be first driver."
"But, why?"
"Because they have more experience. You can be faster. I don't care. We need people like them, talent AND experience to develop our car throughout the season. What have you done to develop the car? Nothing. The aero we got by...umm...actually, no one needs to know how we got it. But the engine, have you helped with the engine? Nope, it's been the designers and they don't know why we can't run it at full power. Thanks to your incompetence at providing feedback."
"I don't care. The Chancellor-"
"The Chancellor just wants to see you in a race seat. Nothing else."
Maxwell glared furiously as he thought of any argument that might retain help him retain the first driver position. Then something Vincent said clicked in his mind.
"Tell me how you designed the aero. You weren't spying on people or bribing them for information, have you?"
"Umm...mmm...of course not, how could we ever do such a thing. Now shut up. Here, I'm wiring a hundred grand to your account."
"I want two hundred grand or I'm going to the press."
"Max, one-fifty grand, okay? Now get the hell out before I make you a test driver."
Last edited by The Glorious Han Chinese on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Member of the:Iron Alliance

Generally follows NSEconomy for population and economy.

Rapoxha
Political Columnist

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rapoxha » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:20 pm

It didn’t exactly feel as he had expected to but when one would ask him to put out in words what he had had in mind, what he had dreamed about during that tiring plane trip to Cathair, he would have failed to categorize it. Yet, it was softer and colder at the same time. It was the raw truth out there, which never shaded itself in promiscuous lies but rather hammered its painful reality into the boiling head of Ujkan Sadiraj. With both hands, he attempted to grasp the wheel like a horseback driver attempts to regain the higher ground over his companion. A feeble attempt.

A mere look to the right where six pairs of eyes were glancing at how he reacted to the car. Enver. There was a certain distrust in his eyes, only visibly for those who had shared a lonely hotel bar with him as it was shaded by years of giving away compliments that never heard about the existence of the word heartfelt. His calculations were not about horsepower, steering capacity nor cornering. He stood in front of this team with only one weapon, a black briefcase which held more promise than the bag of meat which had been cramped in this iron maiden. Even if he tried to sooth him with gentle words, Ujkan was well aware that he was a minus on Envers balance - hopefully the digits behind that sign wouldn’t be too big tonight. The tests at Synclair and Nekoni would be even more relentless.

Next to him, Ardit Caka shook his fist towards Ujkan. It had always been a strange gesture to him, one which didn’t fit the outfit of a race - especially not one where the only opponent would be the relentless father Time. This wasn’t about blowing a definitive punch but about being the last man standing. Good old Ardit. It brought a tear in the eye once you realised that in that fist lay a field of hope for his pupil, untainted by knowledge of the outside world. Even if Ujkan was far away from having a full view of the way the WGPC worked, he realised that this dense naivety would form a warm blanket at certain moments.

Two green eyes to the right was Jacky Johansson. There were many ways to put this all into proper words, but the bottom line was that she scared him only scarcely less than driving this monster. For some reason, Ujkan couldn’t shake off the feeling that she preferred the Barangayan by far - no wonder considering the fact he actually brought in a resume which didn’t fit a napkin. But more importantly, she scared him as any woman who has the combination of power and intelligence does to a guy with a firm lack of self-assurance. It was bewitching, he thought due to his lack of reference.

Scared wasn’t exactly the right term to describe the vibe he had gotten through his discussions with Stan McPahan. Respect was a nice one. Puzzled could work as well. He had that little bit of stubborn mystery which beamed out of every leader, or maybe it was just the accent which didn’t work out. It was the man who would put the thumb up or down eventually and even after all the smooth words of Enver, Ujkan was well aware that the next ten minutes would have more influence than millions of foreign currency could ever dream of.

Radoslav Salihamidzic. Thank the Lord for that guy. If it weren’t for him, Ujkan would have worn the mental balaclava throughout the whole bloody tour. After a series of stiff reciprocal exchanges of quips, the Technical Director hadn’t bothered with etiquette. It had been the first sincere handshake he had been given in ages and whilst his conversations with all the other Directors - and team McPahan surely had plenty of those - had been a stumbling affair, this one had been a fluent river which streamed through flowering hills. Sequence wasn’t vital in this case.

Six. There were six pairs of eyes and that last one made sure that sweat was the grease between his hands and the steering wheel. Mevlan Januzi only needed his cold eyes to make sure that the shady areas turned black and white. Failure was not an option. Just before they entered Crossport, he had grabbed his arm and spoken with no emotion at all - Ujkan’s heartbeat provided all the rhythm and depth the conversation needed.

”Failure is not an option.”

Sigh. Twelve eyes with disbelief.

”You can start now, son.”

Even if it was slightly robotic, as any voice coming through a thin wire pounding into your skull sounds, Ujkan recognized the fatherly tone of Stan McPahan. Off he went, first, second, third, fourth, .... He took the Turn of the Century far beyond the appropriate speed and went into the Hammerhead as if he was driving an ice-cream van. There was something about the...

”Short turn to your right, keep it tight.”

It was like learning a little kid how to ride a bike. ‘Just put your foot on this one, your other one on...’. But right now, Ujkan needed these instructions just to get around the combination before Lund Hill. Bystanders would’ve betted ten quid on him never having been behind the wheel before. Even if he had tried, he couldn’t have fucked up it up more. He braked far before the appropriate point going towards the rail tunnel.

Maybe it was just him going slow enough to notice, but he could swear that he saw the expressions on their faces as he drove through start-finish. Disappointed would’ve been the average score on the board - with glimpses of trust (Ardit, but he thought Ujkan was made of solid gold due to a lack of domestic comparison) and hope (or maybe Ujkan just needed the face of Radoslav in the Audioslavian crew to keep himself from steering it straight into the pitlane).

”One, thirty-six, four ninety-two.”

What bothered him more than the raw numbers was the flatness in the voice of Stan McPahan. He could have yelled ‘what a bloody waste of time’ through the microphone and it would only have been half as confronting as that dry message. But the fact was that he was scared.

Scared as hell.

Jacky had mentioned something about this vehicle being less of a death trap as the previous one but the engineers were still looking for ways to make it faster - a gentle way of putting forward that driver safety was after all a minor priority. Ujkan tried to breath and closed his eyes as he hit the brake before the Rail Tunnel.

”One, thirty-four, nine fifty-three.”

It was an unknown sensation to Ujkan. Let’s make one thing clear here, he liked racing. He loved it, more exactly. But Rapoxhan car driving was nonsense in comparison to this. It was a sulphur compared to a forest fire, it was a kiss on the cheek compared to a night in the royal suite with bottles of champagne and a local starlet. His belly tingled as the G-forces of the Hammertail took their toll on him.

Everything became vague but the line - all becomes clear at the same time. The faces, dark and grim before, had turned into the lines behind rushing figures in cartoons. Everything that needed to be sharp was there at once. His breath and heartbeat discovered uncharted territories and his knuckles found out about a new shade of white. The car, that foreign beast which was looking forth to kick off its unknown driver had been domesticated.

”One, thirty-three, one twenty-eight. Last lap.”

It was a tango in which someone had to lose. The deep look into the eyes of one another, the brusque turn. The build-up, the seduction - the rejection of the Hammerhead. The doubt, the hesitation, approaching with seemingly no target but only one thing in mind. Playfulness - the flirt. Abruptly facing one another, holding close to one another as you twirl and turn and then build up. Build up to the grand finale which seems to... The brake which releases all constraints, the fluidness of finding the zenith of sensations. As he came in, he won - against no one in particular but himself.

He had screamed, Ardit told him afterwards, screamed like a madman when he crossed the finish line. A continuous stream of ‘yes’ses, followed by a dry notification.

”One, thirty-two, five eighty-three.”

Right now, there were three fists hanging out of the pit lane. A gesture that suddenly made sense, which fitted every trembling vain in the body of Ujkan Sadiraj.
Last edited by Rapoxha on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madesu
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Madesu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Sorry for any grammatical fragments, it's been a long day for me. I'll check over what I said in the morning to correct if necessary.

One day 26 year old Enu Noel, rookie driver of the Aston Tickford Racing team meets his team principal and a few other employees of the team. Noel dreamed of this day ever since he became an assistant mechanic back in Ndaku when he worked with a 63 year old man named Saturnino Duchamps, who was a former champion of one of the first regional car races in the city of Valor, Ndaku. Mr. Duchamps was and still is a good friend of Enu's father. Ever since Enu was a child cars always interested him, somehow, but his parents always wanted him to go for a football (soccer) career. Even though Enu was skilled at football, he still had a passion when it came automobiles and related things. It was not until he finished his second year of college when he moved to Ndaku to jump-start his racing career. Due to strict automobile laws in Madesu Enu had no choice but to go to Ndaku to pursue his Motorsport dream.

So it was one day when Enu was in the city of Emberton, Krytenia, where he was able to finally meet up with his teammates of the ATR team. Enu was a part of a minor racing club when he was in Ndaku, and Mr. Saturnino Duchamps being his "coach", or what Mr. Duchamps himself called "moral support"; he tended to take videos of Enu's performance during these small racing events. Racers in these Ndakene events raced with loaner cars, on the Valor National Speedway. The videos of Enu racing astounded the employees of the ATR, and Enu''s dreams were slowly but surely beginning to become reality.

It is after he has met and spoken with them when he speaks with a college friend of his, 23 year old Mason Bentley via telephone.

MASON: "Hey Enu, what's up?"

ENU: "I just got accepted onto the Aston Tickford Racing team, bro! I'm getting there!"

MASON: "Oh, the F1 stuff huh?"

ENU: "Yep! I just spoke with our team principal and the team designer, and they've seen my videos when I raced in Ndaku. You remember Mr. Duchamps?"

MASON: "Ain't he the old mechanic you worked with?"

ENU: "Yeah, and apparently, right before I was going to leave Ndaku, he told me he was a former champion in the early days of that Ndakene event. But anyway, he was pretty much the only one who actually coached me through the tournament and stuff. He personally told me he was my moral support while being away from my parents, haha!"

MASON: "Ah. Dude, it's hard to believe you've made it this far and you're not even 30 yet! You're going places, kid! You see how far your reflex skills have taken you, man?"

ENU: "Haha you know it, bro. Gosh, I'm so happy this day finally came. I just wanna go home and hug mom and dad for all they've taught me. I practically started crying tears of joy by the time I got to my hotel! You don't understand!"

MASON: "I could understand, Enu. Dude, now you aren't gonna race newbie Ndakene racers anymore, though. You're gonna be racing against the best of the best with powerful machines heading your way.

ENU: "Mr. Duchamps gave me tips and tricks and pretty much everything I needed to know about racing these babes. My team principal Mike Dewhurst is gonna ensure that I get the 'enough' amount of practice, if not, more than enough practice before the races begin. I have a lot of faith in him and my teammates, and they have a lot of faith in me, and I'm certainly glad of that."

MASON: "I see, dude. Hey, I've gotta go to study for my Chem mid-term, we'll talk later, ok? Hang in there, pal!"

ENU: "Alright, good luck."

Royal Nordenland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Royal Nordenland » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:21 am

Adrian woke up in the middle of the night in the plane, he noticed that he had not arrived in Neocastella, Nekoni yet where he is attending Scuderia's driver test. He glanced towards his right, seeing Gerd Matthaus, his manager calmly browsing the internet. We have another team, Synclair Automotive, and yes we will sign up for it. Gerd says in a low tone, addressing Klaassen. I will sign you up, your schedule will be really packed so be fit and get ready, Adrian. Adrian nods a couple of times, adjusting his Bussiness class seat back to a position where he could sleep properly. He then jets off.

The next morning, the plane was about to land in Neocastella. Adrian woke up and prepares himself. After around twenty minutes, the plane finally touches down at Neocastella. Adrian takes a deep breath as he exits the plane. Once him and his manager enters the terminal building, journalists started to flock him. He politely nods to each of them, as he quickly walks out of the airport, took a taxi and drives off to his hotel.

Once he arrives at the hotel it was around eleven in the morning. He settles himself in his hotel room, turned the TV on seeing news about the team he is trying out, Scuderia. Of course, it is their home country here. Just when he is about to relax, someone knocked on his door. Adrian opens it seeing Gerd. We need to go now, we'll survey the circuit, see the car and such. Gerd stated. Adrian then replied with a quick "okay". Adrian went back to his room, taking a simple training jacket, sports shoes and jeans.

Adrian and his manager, Gerd then makes their way towards the Black Diamond Test Circuit in Neocastella of the Scuderia. After about an hour of drive, the duo finally arrived at the circuit. As soon as they arrived, they immediately wander around the circuit with the officials, as well as seeing the car and such. Adrian was really excited and nervous at the same time. He might not get in the team, there a a handful of drivers that also showed great interest for the team.After a few hours of spending time,chilling and studying the circuit Adrian makes his way back to his hotel.

HOME | LOCAL | INTERNATIONAL | POLITICS | TECHNOLOGY | HEALTH | SPORTS |EDUCATION

Adrian Klaassen to try out with the Scuderia!

ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

(Neocastella,6/27/15)-
After the young driver from Nordenland, Adrian Klaassen has confirmed to try out for the Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio, Adrian made it to the line again for today. The twenty one year old has been reported to have arrived in Neocastello,Nekoni around this morning.When our reporters tried to ask Adrian a few questions, he calmly nods and walks away to his hotel in the center of Neocastello. Then, after about half an hour Adrian Klaassen seems to be on his way out again with his manager, Gerd Matthausen.

The two makes their way towards the Black Diamond test circuit where Adrian surveys the circuit for the upcoming tryout right tomorrow (6/28/2015) at the Black Diamond Test Circuit with Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio's car.When asked about his feeling by our journalist, the twenty one year old calmly said that he expects some challenges.

Image159,387 comments ^

Barunia
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Barunia » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:36 am

To: Roger Bunn; Rudolf Ibuna; Crimson LaRoja; Scotty Tucker; Victoria Gardner; Sayono Souzare; Ujkan Sadiraj
Subject: Visitation and Testing

Dear all,

I'd like to thank you for your interest in driving for Archer in the 13th WGPC season. As a team just beginning it's journey into this particular branch of the sport, it fills me with pride to know that you consider us worthy of your skills.

Of course, we can only accept two of you into the Archer family. To that end, I'd like to personally invite all of you to Barunia to meet you and give you all an opportunity to drive the car. It would also be a chance for you to meet the engineers, pit crew, and support crew that you could be working with. There will also be opportunity to tour some of Archer's operations. A schedule of events is below:

Thursday, 2nd of July: Meeting with Archer executives at Archer HQ in Dropshort. A group interview will be conducted during this time.

Friday, 3rd of July: Tour Archer factory at Dropshort, before being driven to Archer's testing facility at Pirrin. There will be a chance to test one of the cars out on the top speed circuit at the facility.

Sunday, 5th of July: Drive to Magwitch Speedway for circuit testing.

Archer's headquarters are located in Dropshort, in the state of Havenia. To get there, please book your flights to Porthaven International Airport in the city of Porthaven, state capital of Havenia (and national capital, as an aside). Dropshort is located a considerable distance away, but if you inform us of your flight details, we shall provide transport to Dropshort, as well as throughout the duration of your stay. We are also able to provide you with accommodation.

The schedule has been chosen to give you and us the right information about your potential employment with Archer. Meeting with the executives will enable us to answer any questions you might have about the company, the contract, or how the shareholder laws work and what your obligations are.

We'll then proceed to the testing facility, where we test most of our cars, from the everyday family sedan to the top-level GT vehicles. The facility comprises of a high speed oval and various obstacle tracks designed to test a car's durability and construction. Your focus will be on the high speed circuit, where you will get your first chance to drive the Super-WGPC car as you try to max it on the oval through four laps. This will give you a chance to get a feel for the car before the real challenge begins, and give us some indication of your ability to drive at extreme speed.

Finally, we come to the most difficult part of the trial. You will each drive the car through a dozen laps of the Magwitch Speedway full circuit. This track is technically challenging and should provide us with a chance to see your cornering skills, as well as observe you under racing conditions. During the trials, you will be competing not just against each other, but several Archer test drivers, who will post times for comparison and control during our analysis. Finally, time permitting, we would like to end the trial with a race between all of you. As we do not have enough of the Super-WPGC cars to do so, you will be using identical Super Formula class vehicles.

I am sure that you will agree the above tests will ensure we get the best fit for our racing team. If you feel that could be you, I will see you on the 2nd. I look forward to seeing you then.

Yours,
Henry Baltimore

OOC: All dates are in UTC +8, which tends to be a day ahead of places such as the USA.
Last edited by Barunia on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head of Dipomacy for the Union of Red Nations
Join the URN! A place for all communists, socialists, and left-wing nations.
I use my factbook!

Officially jolly good sporting chaps! Winners of the 2nd Chap Olympiad! (As MCSA)

Football
Baptism of Fire 51: Quarter-finalists
Cup of Harmony 62 & 64: Runner-ups
Qualified for World Cup 67,68,73,74,75

Rugby Union World Cup 25 - Third Place

Hosts of the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup
Third Place in the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup

Hosts of the Celebration of Field Hockey

Board Member of the World Calvinball Federation

Rugby World Cup 26 Champions
Author of Issue #604

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Cruisin Skips Tests, Awaits Offers

Without the factory support from Vilita & Turori Motorsports and the guaranteed race seat that would go with it, many expected Vilitan wheelman R.L. Cruisin to actively travel the multiverse to prove that he is deserving of that race seat.

Cruisin, however, indicated that he has other ideas.

In a recent interview with the Barunia Sun Times, Cruisin was quoted as saying "I'm one of the most experienced WGPC drivers on the market. I am who I am. I don't think I have more to prove in a test session. They either want me, or they don't"

Cruisin's response to the Barunian press outlet may have a deeper, hidden story behind it, however.

Cruisin, a veteran from a time where good driving was the most important thing a driver could bring to the table in his quest for a seat, may have been hinting at the modern-day farces involving "Seats for hire" in the WGPC, where a team hires a potentially less talented second-seat driver who comes with pre-signed sponsorship agreements over a more talented driver without existing funds to bring along.

Cruisin, who would likely attract plenty of Vilitan-based sponsorship should he sign with a team for the upcoming WGPC, has thus far refused to sign any pre-contracts or independent marketing agreements, wishing instead to be chosen for a seat on merit, not by means of a checkbook.

So why then, would a driver who wants to be chosen on merit, skip out on test sessions with teams looking for a driver?

Cruisin had an answer for that too: "Look, if they want to make a big show of it, then they'll probably just end up taking the for hire driver anyway, so its not worth wasting the time. I'm right here, I can be at the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course on just a few hours notice and we've got some old cars there, or you can bring your own. Just tell me when, and I'll be there."

We'll be listening for the roar in the mountains. But if the phone doesn't ring for 'Cruisin, the only roar will come in Round 4 when the WGPC tour makes its stop along the Rockii Coast.
Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Crimson had been on a boat to Yttribia for at least two days. Boat travelling was, like they say, the best way to travel and sure as hell the Swift Curse wouldn't miss an opportunity of enjoying a nice, non expensive trip. She, however, had business to settle on the end of it all, what with her test at Frontière being the first on a list of events. However, with the nature of the trip, it's quite obvious that the boat wasn't... normal.

"Weren't you a racer?" asked a dark-haired tanned teenager, decked on a blue coat, yellow shirt, dark pants and sandals. "Crimson Something?"

Crimson stared at him. The pilot was wearing a red shirt and camo pants, a couple of pokeballs on her belt. "Well... That doesn't mean I can't be a trainer... And that's totally what I came here for." LaRoja spent a couple of years as a Trainer on the Saint Elsewhere Pokémon League, but it really wasn't her plan to be a Pokémon Trainer at all. It was a brief hobby, yet she still kept a couple of pokémon with her, not to mention the ones at the League's Box. The boat, in the end, was actually a boat where Pokémon Trainers would be able to travel to Yttribia (who supposedly had been trying to develop a Pokémon fighting scene) and having some training inside the boat seemed like a fit. Not to mention that these contestants didn't manage to reach the Pokémon Championship nor were contending to be a Gym Leader, so Crimson, out of the circuit for quite a while wouldn't be out of the pool.

"Well, that could be a thing." he said. "Name's Luke. Luke Kittyhawk, all badges from New Capitalia." He then proceeded to show all the eight badges, all of them earned on the League's Gyms at New Capitalia, each modelled after their appropriate type. "So, why aren't you at Lorelei's Victory Road? You know, National Championship and stuff." Luke grumbled, looking down. "I got to the Round of 16, then this kid named Eric beat me with a... with a... a NEWMON!"

"...I assumed the Virtual Sunrise Islands thing with Digimon was still under programming." said Crimson with an animesque sweatdrop on her head. "It still is!" answered Luke. "Newmon are those Pokémon that came from biotechnology... not like Porygon, though. Also, if you were an active trainer, you'd know!" Crimson shrugged, giving him a smile afterwards. "Forgot. Happens. Besides, those things aren't common on Saint Elsewhere." "Besides, you kinda look a bit old to be on a tournament that has mostly children." Luke said, blushing a bit afterwards as he looked directly at her. "And a bit hot too..."

*splat*

"OW!" cried Luke. Crimson's hand was as swift as her nickname, imprinting her fingers at his face. "And that's what you'll get if you ever say that again about me, you twerp." Soon, she noticed two girls with the same haircolor of the boy, wearing red and white dresses, appearing out of nowhere. "You don't mess up with our cousin, you Carvanha." said both twins, reading their Pokéballs. "We want a battle against you. Our six against your six. Two-on-two. No Newmons. No Johns. No Megas." Crimson sighed, cockily. "I thought everyone liked giant robots." Luke nodded, only for his cousins to slap him together. "OW!"

"Let us proceed." said the twins on unison, releasing a Fennekin and a Flareon, both Fire-types. "Let's see what you got." Crimson had to admit they seemed rather creepy. Not that the Creepy Twins trope is rare or anything, but that was still scary even if you're used to seeing it a lot. "Open your heart, kids..." Crimson answered, releasing a Gabite and a Sandslash. "It's gonna be a ride."
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:57 pm

SFeG Black Diamond Test Circuit - Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacci Test Event

RACE 1: Time Attack (15 minutes):
Drivers have 15 minutes to set the fastest individual lap time. Drivers are permitted to finish their current lap when the 15 minutes have expired.
Code: Select all
 1 Roger Bunn (MRT)        1:34.127
 2 Victoria Gardner (EFL)  1:34.197
 3 Adrian Klaassen (NDL)   1:34.199
 4 Tyler Brooks (YTT)      1:34.212
 5 Lauren Ashburton (BAU)  1:34.219
 6 Sayono Souzare (HDR)    1:34.238
 7 Scotty Tucker (MNG)     1:34.240
 8 Rudolf Ibuna (TRB)      1:34.243
 9 Ujkan Sadiraj (RPX)     1:34.268
10 Moisés Delgado (SJG)    1:34.373

RACE 2: Grand Prix (32 laps):
Qualifying: single hot lap.
Race type: standing start.

1 Ujkan Sadiraj (RPX)         59:34.142
 2 Roger Bunn (MRT)            59:34.485
 3 Adrian Klaassen (NDL)       59:35.713
 4 Victoria Gardner (EFL)      59:36.687
 5 Scotty Tucker (MNG)         59:37.760
 6 Lauren Ashburton (BAU)      59:39.945
 7 Tyler Brooks (YTT)          59:43.170
 8 Sayono Souzare (HDR)        59:45.681
 9 Moisés Delgado (SJG)        59:53.810
10 Rudolf Ibuna (TRB)          59:56.479
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:06 pm

"So, sitrep on the second driver position."

"Right, so plan A, of course, is Roger Bunn. We've approached him - but all he's told us so far is that he's considering his options. We have a feeling that we may miss out on him, though, as our sources tell us that he's likely to end up either at Synclair or McPahan."

"McPahan? I thought he wasn't going back!"

"I think that with Linco...out of the picture, there may be some bridges being built. Then again, this is Audioslavian-sourced intel, so bucket of salt and all that."

"Hmm. Plan B?"

"Rudolf Ibuna. We're of the impression that he's the best of the so-called 'pay drivers', but again, there's been a lot of interest in him. Perhaps if we offer a moderate salary for the season - say five grand a race?"

"If Bunn goes elsewhere, make it so. But what if we miss out on both of them?"

"I'd personally suggest a veteran, might help Enu out in the early stages of the season. Personally, I'd recommend Xebandhra Kallasdun and R. L. Cruisin - the only downside there is they'be been lead drivers before, so may not be happy being second banana."

"Interesting. You know what? Contact them anyway, feel them out for the possibility of a drive; if we can get terms, it might be a better bet than a second rookie. Plan A is still Roger Bunn though, so let's see what happens there first."

"Right-o."
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Yttribia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 am

Duval In-House Circuit, Frontière HQ, Gaillard, Yttribia
7.090 km, 1:51.388 lap record, 5.0/5.0, damp track conditions

Race (5 laps)
Race type: standing start
1 Sayono Souzare (HDR)        10:29.163
2 Crimson LaRoja (USI)        10:32.269
3 Roger Bunn (TCU)            10:32.596
4 Moises Delgado (SJG)        10:33.003
5 Lauren Ashburton (BAU)      10:34.325
6 Scotty Tucker (MNG)         10:41.826
7 Rudolf Ibuna (TRB)          10:42.779

Duval, in a peacoat and khaki slacks, can be seen approaching both Souzare and LaRoja after finishing first and second respectively in the test run of the day. With a cigar in his mouth, he grins heavily as he finally reaches the two.

"Ms. Souzare, Ms. LaRoja, I must say I am thoroughly impressed with your performances here. Especially you, Ms. Souzare. You were absolutely marvelous, stunning me with how quickly you drove. And Ms. LaRoja, you were impressive as well. As you came in first, I am formally offering you a spot as Frontière's lead driver, Ms. Souzare. And you, Ms. LaRoja, are being offered a spot as our second driver. No need to worry about whether or not you'll have to pay, my gentlemen have it all in cold hard cash, I can guarantee you both at least one million Perioden, or 1.64 million NS dollars, per race. Just, give me a call if you want the job, and I'll let you know you two ladies would look amazing in purple."

Duval gives a subtle wink at the two drivers, before heading off back into the office, where he hoped to sign the future of auto racing within the coming days.
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15

Aels
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aels » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 pm

"One… thirty-seven… five-three-eight. That was your best time, Tyler. Very impressive given you've never seen the track first-hand and only had ten laps in the simulator. You've got a real talent, lad."

And the man speaking knew talent. Matthew Portland was a two-time World Grand Prix Championship title winner, the world drivers' champion in WGPC8 and WGPC10. Not only that, but he had also raced in the inaugural season of the NS Stock Car Racing Association, finishing a very creditable 12th out of 47 in the points standings.

The Liventian, now Macllynlleth Clockwork Racing's chief race technical advisor, had been hired by the team due to his racing know-how, and he was keen to pass that knowledge on to Tyler Brooks, the Yttribian looking to become Clockwork's lead driver, who had a background in stock cars.

"For someone with relatively little experience in a World Grand Prix Championship car you did quite well," he continued. "The fastest we've had a WGPC-spec car go around that Drayfill track was one thirty-seven three-three-one. To be only two hundredths off that pace is incredible and there's no doubt you could be one of the best with the right attitude."

Brooks blushed visibly at the praise, but Portland paid little attention.

"You'll be a perfect fit to lead the line-up. Have you taken a tour of the facilities yet? You know, the chief engineers' room, the wind tunnel, yadda yadda. No? Good man, came straight up here to set your times then. Well Claire over there," – Portland pointed at an attractive brunette in 'grid girl' race attire standing by the door to the race simulator room – "she'll show you around. Go have a look, son, and when you're done Rhys and I will be waiting for you and your agent down in the team director's office."

Claire marched over and took Brooks and his agent away, one arm around each man. Portland rang Rhys Macllynlleth, Clockwork's team principal, to tell him the good news.

"The kid's got it, Rhys. His time was not something I ever expected from someone who hasn't been in a WGPC car or seen the Drayfill track. He's just got this natural ability to read a car and read the circuit. He knows where to find time out on the course. Sure, he's a little raw but I'll make sure he gets there."

"That's fantastic, Matt," came the reply. "And the letters I exchanged with his agent last week were pretty positive on the salary front. Seems like the lad's willing to take less money in exchange for the tutoring he'll get from you."

"That's settled then. I'm on my way down now - Tyler and his agent are getting the 'Claire special', if you know what I mean." Portland chuckled. "She knows how to work her charm. I'm sure they'll be in very agreeable mood when we get to the nitty-gritty."

————

"Mr Brooks, good to finally meet you," Rhys offered as he stood up to welcome hopefully his new driver. "And Mr Kapranos too," he added, nodding at Brooks' agent.

"You've already met Matthew, of course, and this is my father Elfyn, founder and CEO of Macllynlleth Clockwork Racing, but enough with the introductions. Matthew tells me you've got great potential, and indeed I've seen your lap times myself. There's no question that you fit our team, our image, our ethos, our brand."

Brooks blushed again, somewhat uneasy at the high praise.

"I'd like to make this simple. We'd love to have you on board long-term, and would like to offer you, Tyler Brooks, a contract for the next three seasons to race for us. Please don't be put off by the length or anything, we'd be happy to discuss clauses relating to early termination if you'd like. What do you say?"

To: R.L. Cruisin
Subject: Come drive for us?

R.L.,
I hope you're well mate. I hear you're still looking for a drive this season. I'm now the technical advisor at Macllynlleth Clockwork in Aels, unlike you I've hung up the balaclava and the racing gloves.

I know this may not be what you were hoping to hear since you probably want a proper drive and all, but we've got an opening for our second driver slot, and we'd love for you to come drive for Clockwork. I suspect you've been asked to go to a number of tests and nonsense like that. I don't need that, I've raced against you. So has Sotil Morua, my ex-teammate at Carvenlo, and now a race analyst here at Clockwork.

I hope you'll consider our offer mate.

Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew Portland
Chief Race Technical Advisor
Macllynlleth Clockwork Racing
Main nation: Liventia

Vermark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vermark » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Varish Bureau of Investigation
Agriholm, Vermark

"...I'm telling you, we're not building a bomb! It's just..."

"There's no way you're building a car! No one builds cars in Vermark that big! How could you possibly need that much equipment? If you hit an animal with a car that powerful, you might kill it!"

"Plus, that car is going to be engine noise that'll disturb the peace! How are we supposed to sneak up on pedestrians if our car makes noise?!" The smaller of the two federal agents chimed in over the shoulder of the bigger, older one. The act came across of a bad cop, wanna-be bad cop kind of technique. It was more confusing to the interviewee than it was intimidating.

"Well..."

At that moment, Hansa-Nyrota Racing team principal Daniel Jorgensen released an odor from his bowel system that mimicked a stench that comprised of a hybrid of a third-world subway system and the times when one's uncle uses five ounces of garlic for every one ounce of fried foodstuff.

"Holy Hound! What the hell is that?"

"Did you release some sort of toxin?"

"That's assault on a federal agent!" The two investigators proceeded to roughly escort Jorgensen from the conference room while pulling their shirts over their noses.

"We need a Haz-Mat team in the box!"

"But...I...Only...Fuck!"

[OOC: Background on Spectersson and Rosstrom.]
Somewhere in the Bush
Agtriholm, Vermark

"Do we know where we are?"

"Of course!"

"Really?"

"Not a fucking clue."

"If we pass that stop sign again, we're going in circles."

"Have you ever left the city? There's more than one stop sign in the region," the two urban-based corporate lawyers continued their banter. Of course, they were bound to get lost. They were two tie-wearing men in a sea of moose, wheat, and other assorted elements of the Varish countryside. Harvey Spectersson, the alpha of the two attorneys, turned the high-end rental car left, then right, then left again, before driving over a rumble strip and continuing onto a straight. They looked at each other in a perplexed fashion. Finally, they saw a large, garage-type building and drove over to it. They were greeted by a middle-aged woman and a male accomplice.

"How did you get on the tr-"

"Not important...I'm Harvey Spectersson, this is my associate, Mikael Rosstrom. We're here from Pearstrom-Spectersson..."

"Oh! Yes! We have a bit of an issue at the moment." They explained the incident with the bomb-like engines and the dispersion of bodily fumes upon government investigators.

"Huh...I don't think there's much precedent when it comes to fa-"

"Shut up Mike. We'll take your case," Rosstrom rolled his eyes. It was another case that Harvey took that Mike would end up having to save. "What we need to do is shift power of attorney while we try to get Daniel out of jail. We're going to have to give it to someone non-partisan, so they'll give it up again once Daniel is out."

"WGPC," Mike suggested.

"Yes, that's the governing body for racing..." the man answered.

"No, give them power of attorney. They'll be able to make informed decisions, and they wont try to fight to keep power of attorney. Harvey nodded and smiled. He was surprised, but not at the same time. The kid was a genius who proved time and time again to be an asset.

"That's what we'll do," Spectersson declared. "We'll go back to Videnhagen and do the paperwork to give the World Grand Prix Championship Committee power of attorney over Hansa-Nyrota Racing. From there, they'll take care of the team while Daniel is on hiatus."

"One more thing," the woman added. She handed Spectersson a folder which Spectersson opened and read. "Is this actionable?"

"I'd say so. When I contact the guys at WGPC I'll let them know that contracts with Lovisa Landenberg is final, and an offer to Moisés Delgado has been made. The WGPC will take up negotiations for the time being. With that, the attorneys shook hands with their clients and got back in their car. They continued on the track, but continued to be confused as to how exactly they got on.

[OOC: As I go out of town over the next few weeks, Audioslavia has control of my team. My driver, Lovisa Landenberg, has been officially signed to Hansa-Nyrota Racing. An offer to Moisés Delgado of SJG has been made as well. Those negotiations will be managed by Audioslavia. I should return on the 16th of 17th of July.]
The Social Republic of Vermark
Capital: Videnhagen | Trigamme: VER | Demonym: Varish/Vare
Leadership: P.M. Markus Leonardsson (Hanseatic Party) | Population: 23,600,000

[About Me: Canadian | Progressive Conservative | Long-Distance Runner]
[National Info: Official Factbook | Videnhagen Press Group | sportmark.vk]
[Storefronts: Hansa Corporation | University of Videnhagen]
"It is not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~Theodore Roosevelt

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:35 pm

"We can't believe it..."

The twins said, disappointed as they withdrew their Fennekin and their Flareon, both knocked out. "Don't worry, kids." said the easy going Crimson, giggling as she withdrew both Gabite and Sandslash. "And once we get to Yttribia, you two are getting some well deserved rest." She did notice the two twins sobbing after the result, surprising her a bit. "You can't be serious about this, you two... What are your names?" asked the red-haired driver, staring at the two. "Kiki." said the one on the right. "Viola" said the one on the left. Their cousin came around to try and soften the whole issue. "You know, you didn't fight bad." the driver said, causing the twins to look up. "Sure you lost to someone who hasn't had a fight for years and... you tried Ember five times on my Gabite, disregarding element disadvantage." Viola nudged while Kiki stared at her, slightly angry, saying "I told you Ember was useless!"

"Anyway, if you're not an active trainer, why are you here?" pondered Luke. "Business." answered Crimson. "I'm here for a WGPC test under Frontière Racing." The driver slowly walked to the border of the ship, looking at the Yttribian town approaching not too far away. "Good thing we're finally getting there. Gotta go!" "Watch yourself!" alarmed Luke, slightly confused.

Crimson had finally finished her test. And boy, did she surprised them all. The considerably less-experienced Sunrisian had a walk in the park, only failing to beat Sayono Souzare as far as speed goes. As the Sunrisian noticed the board, she had little to no problem thinking about it. It was pretty easy to believe that Souzare would probably have her name nearly guaranteed on the Frontière's first spot. Meanwhile, Crimson knew little of what was to happen. She chose to keep that offer on a hold as long as she could. There were many tests left to do and as much as the purple-clad team seemed like a blast and she could use the money, which makes it even more important; she could probably get a better offer outside just as much.

It was then that her cellphone ringed, two new messages had arrived.

Dear Crimson LaRoja,

Hello, I am the manager of SinoMotors Racing. I am writing this to inform you that your talents have caught the eye of many in our team. Though we may be new to WGPC, our team is proud to boast a long heritage of racing in our home nation and is reputed for a benchmark setting level of worksmanship in our cars. The only thing we need to complete our pool of extraordinary talent is an experienced driver capable of spearheading our development throughout this season. With financial resources envied by many teams, we will try our best to provide a car that best suits you and to allow you to make your mark in WGPC.

Our team is pleased to offer you a test drive in our car, the SM-1, and a potential position of race river* at Haishang International Circuit. All travel and accommodations will be provided by the Glorious Han government.

Best of luck,
Vincent Liu

Well, damn. Already? How did they check her talents? Spies? Ninja Spies by the look of the name? Eh, whatever. A team of name wanted her to test their stuff out! Always nice to add a new spot. She quickly answered the e-mail, saying that she'd accept the trip and would move from Yttribia as fast as possible.

So, you're the racer! It's me, Luke!
You might be asking how we got your number and all... You left your number when you entered the ship, so we asked security for it and after a well-fought battle, we got it! See, my twins and I thought that'd we see you again before your next trip, so please, stay in town for a bit more?

Hit me back!

"Explain me why I would need an agent and two personal stylists." said Crimson, looking at the trio of trainers. They were at a restaurant, where Luke had a chocolate milkshake. "Why wouldn't you?" said both twins, smiling. "We have a great sense of fashion and Luke has lots of street smarts." Crimson looked again at Luke, noticing how he looked rather innocent while drinking a milkshake. "Doubt it."

Luke smiled, putting the milkshake on the table. "I can guarantee to you that I'll cut you the best deals in the circuit." He then stared up, laughing a bit. "Even thought I have little knowledge on it... Maybe I could ask each team owner's children about it, you know how the Internet works and how well regarded Pokémon trainers are." Before she could ask, the twins answered "We're 18. All of us. So it's not illegal for us to work with you."

Crimson shrugged, her hands behind her head. "Whatever, then. We're going to Haishang for a SinoMotors test."

"Ooooh, sounds... Chinese." said both twins. "We can work with it!"

"Settled it is. The Fresh Princess of Haishang." Crimson laughed. "Sounds nice."
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Jacky half-stumbles as she bounds up the stairs of the bridge, but makes it up in one piece. Her light footsteps reverberate around the steel surface as she crosses the bridge over the circuit's main straight, before she descends the other side. She charges towards the paddock, waving her phone in the air all the while.

She hadn't really minded that Rudolf Ibuna had had to put back his test drive first for another week, and then another week after that. She'd felt, upon seeing Ujkan Sadiraj's lap, that the young Rapoxian had shown enough to prove that it should be he, and not the Barangayan, who should take McPahan's second driver spot. She hadn't, however, been able to convince the powers that be that they should snap up the Rapoxian there and then. Shame.

She checks her phone as she gallops along the pit straight. Still no signal. She curses and puts her phone back in her pocket in order to be able to use both hands to leapfrog a small wall. She slows down to a lighter jog to get her phone out again. Still no signal. God damnit.

She'd found a young journalist in Nekoni who had, as she had gleaned from her website, apparently needed the money, and needed it enough to risk arrest as she trespassed on the Black Diamond test circuit, observing the private race that Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacci had set up to trial a number of young drivers. She'd known the young journalist was there now, ready to report the news of whom had won the trial race. She had, however, forgotten that there was a difference in time-zones. Had she factored that into account, she wouldn't have been watching Victor Hall's test of the second McPahan car from a quiet, mobile signal free section of the Crossport Raceway.

She notices a bar or two register on her phone, but thinks better of stopping to make the call. Did she even have the young journo's number saved in it? Better to find her temporary office, and the tablet therein which held all her contact details.

It had been a young intern, strolling out to the track on his lunch break, who had made the off-handed comment. "Oh.." he'd said, "you had a phone call. Young girl left a message. 'Sadiraj won spectacularly'. That was it. Jacky had nodded, and paused, and stared into space for a second, before turning and grabbing the intern by the collar. "What did you just say? When did she call? Shitting f***.

She rounded the corner and almost knocked over Stan McPahan.

"He fucking destroyed them" she shouted, in Stan's face. Stan, surprised, still managed to wipe the spittle from his cheek before responding.
"Who? What's up?"
"Ujkan. Came first in Nekoni's trial race. He's in Nekoni now."
It was Stan's turn to go wide-eyed and silent.
"..how do you know?"
"You hired me as a 'do shit' girl, not a 'tell you how I do it' girl" came Jacky's reply. "I can be on the phone to him in five minutes"
"How?"
"I refer you to my previous answer. We signing him?"
"Well.."
"Who else is there, Stan? Young, quick, eager, clever, dedicated. What, you wanted him to have green eyes as well?"
"Do it" said Stan, emotionlessly. "Get him back here. We'll offer Ujkan a one-year contract to be McPahan's number two driver"
"Awesome" said Jacky. "Now, leave me alone for five and a half minutes"

Jacky recalled having grinned and allowed herself a chuckle when she'd heard Ujkan's in-car celebrations as he'd crossed the line for the final time, clocking in a lap a full half-second quicker than the best Lund had been able to muster. She'd swollen with pride for the young lad, whose quiet enthusiasm had won her over, personality-wise, during the pre-test briefing Ujkan had done. She knew Stan hadn't been so convinced. Stan, in true McPahan style, had implied, later, that it was the strength of the car, not the driver, that had allowed the young Rapoxian to get round the course in that quick a time. Jacky suspected differently. Whether the boy had true talent, or was merely a flash in the pan, was something she hoped they'd find out over the coming season. If, of course, they could stop Ujkan negotiating a contract with Nekoni. Maybe they were still in the office, debating figures. Maybe they'd already done the deal. Maybe they were sipping whisky and discussing the future. Shit.

Jacky found the number for Ujkan Sadiraj's agent on her phone, but a call revealed the agent's phone was turned off. Were they already in a meeting with the top brass at SFG? Shit. She tried Ujkan's personal mobile, but without joy. Finally, she found herself looking up the Nekoni team's website. A phone number took her to reception at the team's offices. She cleared her throat, and tried to imagine what it must be like to speak while having cat ears.

"Hi hun, Alex here, just need to speak to the boss real quick". Was that the best Nekoni accent she could do? Would she get into trouble for impersonating a race driver on the phone?
"Putting you through Alex" said the secretary. Well shit. Shit. She was about to be patched through to the office of the owner of the team. Shit. Shit shit shit.
"Yes." came the answer at the other end. Not a question, or a response of any kind, just a simple 'yes' meaning 'I exist, what of it?'. Jacky hated when people answered the phone like that.
"I want to speak to Ujkan please" said Jacky, her voice wavering, breaking, no hint of a Nekoni accent.
"He left two hours ago I'm afraid..."
"Where?"
"Don't know. Airport. Who is this?"

Jacky hung up. She looked at her phone, and the number she'd just dialled. She panicked, and checked through her phone's options. Had she remembered to withold her number? Yes. Thank god. She went to close it down, but the phone started buzzing before she could. 'shit', she thought, again. Had SFG found the number that had just dialled their offices?
A name on the screen. Ujkan. She hastily pressed the green button.

"Ujkan!!" shouted Jacky, down the phone. There was a pause at the other end, most likely the pause of a normal human being who isn't used to such familiarity from relative strangers.
"Er, hello Jacky. You called?"
"I did. I have something I'd like you to hear. First, though: Don't take the Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiaccio drive. You haven't said yes to them already, have you?" asked Jacky, her teeth gritting with anxiety.
"Well..." began Ujkan...

Yttribia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 pm

What a whirlwind the day has been. The simulator had given him some troubles, but to have pulled off an impressive time in the end was by far the most pleasing thing he could hear all day. He was flattered and in a state of childhood awe as he was complimented by the legendary Matthew Portland, "the guy" as Brooks liked to think of him. He knew that he was going to feel at home here. While he was in awe of the entire experience, he blocked out most of the stuff he was saying, because this was a childhood dream of his, to be a WGPC driver. He was glad to have finally taken a shot and make it in the WGPC, where he planned to make a name for himself within the coming years. This feeling of absolute euphoria Brooks was experiencing served as a showing of the finger to those who lambasted him previously throughout his life.

The stock car community in Yttribia lambasted Brooks for announcing his retirement from stock car racing, and called his WGPC dreams "a destined failure." They were in a state of shock, knowing that the man who could have made stock car racing big once more was now beginning to drive for real, and not turn left for 200 or so laps. He still deals with the hate mail he gets from depressed fans, for "leaving [us] when [we] needed you the most," as noted in his most recent bag of hate mail he got.

He also wanted to give the finger to Frontière Racing, for being one of the most unprofessional teams, and not giving him a chance. He knew that at this point, he was going to become the future of racing, and it was going to be a magical moment once he signed with them. He had an excellent feeling that Duval would regret letting him go, and after hearing the words from Portland himself, he knew that feeling was going to be sooner rather than later.

All of what happened was a blur, as he was escorted, along with his agent Harrison Kapranos, throughout the facility, as he was given a tour by Claire, the "grid girl". "Gorgeous women, gorgeous facility, gorgeous future? I think this is my dream come true" was the thought he had in his mind on loop while touring the facility, before entering the room, where the Macllynlleth family awaited. Rhys greeted this young dreamer as if he were the next big thing, and the next big thing was giddy with all of the compliments he received throughout the day. Brooks just wanted to be the best driver in the world, and he knew Macllynlleth Clockwork would give him the chance to do so. He was in awe by the treatment and praise he was getting from Rhys, Matthew; this felt like a dream to him, surreal and bizarre.

It hit him like a tonne of bricks.

"It's a deal, yes sir!" It came out just as Rhys finished giving him an offer. He immediately shook hands with both of the Macllynleths and Portland, before scrambling to find a pen. He'd been practicing his signature for days, but he was so shaky that barely legible chicken scrawl had come out of the ink and onto the paper. It said Tyler Brooks, and that's all that matters. Kapranos held Brooks from jumping around even more, treating him like his own son, which he was to a certain extent. The two breathed deeply, and smiled. "Mr Brooks is delighted to accept your offer, and is looking forward to being with the Macllynlleth Clockwork Team." Tyler, finally calm from all of the emotions that had built up inside, finally spoke. "In addition, I'd like to request the number 39."

Rhys nodded, as he and Matthew and everyone at Macllynlleth was glad that they now have a face for their team. Tyler was glad that he was going to become the face of their team and, hopefully, the face of auto racing.
Hosted

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 pm

A couple of weeks after the official presentation of Wayne Forrest, came the formal moment to make the act of signing the contract, which would link Telaris Racing for a couple of seasons, Gutierrez Forrest invited to take a seat in his office in Moncada he called his secretary and both ordered some coffee to liven up the conversation, which obviously would be long, this included his father and legal representative and attorney Telaris Racing, who pactarían once and for all the contractual relationship Forrest with Telaris.

"You seem pretty euphoric, are you? Forrest" Gutierrez said at the time to sit with him in the office, with a splendid view of the skyline of Moncada and parts of San Salvador.

"Yes, I'm euphoric, it is no wonder that after so long effort to materialize my dream of running in the WGPC" Forrest said.

"And you also see it very joyful for the big step is giving his son" Gutierrez told Forrest's father, while the latter took some coffee.

"Yes, too jolly and somewhat anxious about" confessed the father of Forrest.

"Well, it's interesting to see how they feel now, but proceed to what we have come," he said Gutiérrez sent while calling his secretary to bring him a contract and thus proceed when key negotiation.

The secretary took the contract and gave Gutierrez, who read it in detail, letter by letter and with meticulous care, considering the perfectionist trend of it in terms of grammar and Spanish spelling is concerned, even to the point of being too critical. Just as I was halfway grabbed the phone and called his secretary with some dissatisfaction. "Hey, you were wrong in a couple of accents, omiting an ñ and you were wrong with this tense" he told the secretary, who is speaker of Finnish natively and therefore does not have excellent verbal wording, although the less able to defend themselves everyday situations.

"But as a tick can cause so much trouble," Sonja said.

Gutierrez coughed and said in sarcasm are. "Go to the cultured and refined you are with this note, are embellishing the language with it." Then finish by saying "Fuck it, go and correct it, Salvaje!".

Sonja walked away, whispering occasional insult because of his anger, took to make corrections in order that the document again to have no error as to the wording, particularly in words that could be key in the contract. After 10 minutes of correction and analysis, he arrived and gave the document to Gutierrez, who gave the guarantee without making major revision, considering that Sonja is not capable of being wrong too many times.

"Well, these conditions are offered to you, depends on you and your father if you accept them." Gutiérrez said already in serious tone.
1) Sign-on fee: $ 32 million NS
2) Wage p / race: $ 350k NSS
3) Length: 4 years
4) Bonus: NS $ 20 million to finish if I Manages Within the top 5 at the end of the season in drivers' championship.
"Economic deals seem, are extraordinary and would not have any reason to escape this, but I will be the first driver?" Forrest said.

"Look, we spare your quality, but if some more experienced driver arrives, will be the second driver, you know that here you must be progressing, but if next is not as experienced, will be the first driver, everything depends on experience who comes, but I value you as we have always done with you. "Gutierrez said

"It Sounds good, it's a good plan, I agree with everything said and, can we proceed with the signing of the contract? Forrest said.

"Okay," Gutierrez said.

Both proceeded to sign the contract, certainly a nostalgia for the father of Forrest moment, as he was watching his son gave a big jump in their childhood dream, now it is part of Telaris Racing, and have faces many challenges, such as being the best team and the best driver.

Gutiérrez was anxious in order to set more details regarding the tests that will be held at Marcos Ledesma Circuit, considering that the time to finish all the deals was getting closer

To: Xebandhra Kallasdun, Roger Bunn, Lauren Ashburton, Crimson LaRoja.
RE: Searching for new horizons, Telaris Racing is your chance!

Hello, the fact that we have reached means that you meet our desired criteria in our competitors, dreamy people, fighters and winners always looking to give their best and beat the obstacles for glory profile, the reason for this is inviting them to the tests for Telaris Racing drivers in order to WGPC season approaching, we at Telaris Racing value quality, ethics and efforts of each of our members and ultimately seek to promote the talent of our competitors to transform in the best globally, that's our goal.

For testing, we ask to all of you to arrive in the city of Moncada, San Jose Guayabal this Friday, July 3rd as latest for testing for the selection process, which includes a test at the Marcos Ledesma Circuit in El Roblar (time attack, time trials, competition in group and in pairs - We will give you transportation there), a medical test and interviews with our administrative staff, if one is chosen, the contract will be signed on Saturday, July 4th and the presentation to the press will be the same day. As part of our commitment as a team, we send a ticket to return to your home destination to San José Guayabal and vice versa, we will also cover other expenses, room and board, so you have nothing to worry only give the best of you to be part of this team, also for the race, all of you will compete in a prototype of the IAGU-70, the car that will be used at Telaris to compete at WGPC.

Regarding the details of the circuit, the Marcos Ledesma Circuit is a 7.320 Kms course which features technical zones along with high speed stretches, definitively a complete circuit in terms of scenarios, ideal for any kind of driver, this circuit doesn't secures any kind of advantage to anybody considering the nature of it. Built in 2092, during the Guayabalense Third Republic, this circuit is the oldest one in the nation, built near the amazing and breathtaking lakes and mountains of El Roblar, is considered as the Cathedral of Guayabalense Racing, mainly due to its history and challenging nature of the circuit.

To start with technical details of this asphalt made circuit, turns 1-4 features a somewhat large and a bit weird bus stop
that makes the drivers to reduce their speed after a quite large starting straight, then from turns 5-10, appears the most technical zone of the circuit, a challenge due to sudden accelerations and important turns that demands to brake a lot and even burn a bit of rubber in order to get the adequated speed, turns 11-18 are part of an alternative rectangle-shaped raceway located there, that's one of the fastst zones of the circuit considerating that the turns are wider than the rest of the circuit just to make a dynamic and fast race, turns 19 and 20 are the last technical part of the racetrack, including a closed turn at 19 and then a not so wide turn at 20 that really makes you to touch the brake pedal near to the metal, specially the 19th turn. Turns 20-22 are key zones to overtake the other racers, this couple of turns have even decided championships in the Guayabalense Formula G. A little chickane is between turn 22-23 and then there's the Curva Parabólica, a spot that can see high speeds, even near the 300 km/h, a thrilling zone that is the favorite one according to the fans, here I leave you a picture of the circuit. We wish you good luck and see you here at Moncada.

Sincerely.
Jaime Gutierrez
President of Telaris Racing S.A.de.C.V.

Then Gutiérrez checked a mail coming from R.L. Cruisin, stating that he doesn't wants to be tested because he knows that he's capable to do a great performance at any place and in any moment, Gutiérrez saw the message as something good, considerating the high confidence of Cruisin, something that he likes a lot in the attitude of his drivers, Gutiérrez knew that he wasn't the only one bidding for Cruisin, he has to do a great effort to get him at Telaris, the economical expense won't be a great deal, but calling Cruisin will be a great deal.

To: R.L. Cruisin
RE: Really interested in you.

Hello, I read your message and that attitude and self confidence make me feel more interested to get you here at Telaris Racing, I've seen you on previous seasons and you are definitively what we need to achieve the top spot on World Racing, and of course you are interested to get it, we know that you have a lot of self confidence and the fact that you don't need test, we are sure that you are a superb driver and we really want to hire you and make you part from this big family of Telaris Racing, so you won't be required to do a test for us.

Talking about economical issues, don't worry, we have lots, lots of money and we will give you the best, definitively because you worth it, you are top notch, so we offer you the following terms:

1) Sign-on fee: $ 55 million NS
2) Wage p / race: $ 650k NSS
3) Length: 3 years
4) Bonus: NS $ 40 million to finish if you manage to get within the top 5 at the end of the season in drivers' championship, something that you have secured because it's obvious that you'll be here, knowing your high quality.

And there will be another terms like if you want to finish your contract with us earlier and also covering life costs like housing, bills, taxes, etc. Well, you'll get richer everyday here, so if you come here it's a win-win, you'll have new contacts, friends, experiences and you'll have all from us in terms of support, because we believe that you are a real champion and we know that you want to be a champion in this season.

Sincerely.
Jaime Gutierrez
President of Telaris Racing S.A.de.C.V.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 pm

It had been a hectic couple of days for Victoria, as she relaxed on the plane to Barunia (Porthaven International Airport in Havenia, to be specific). The back-to-back tests in both Nekoni and The Glorious Han Chinese had drained her more than she would have liked, but as Ruwaida had said, it was to be expected, what with the long hiatus and relatively large disparity between the cars of the old Eastfield Lodge domestic series and the cars in the WGPC.

The first stop was in Nekoni, at the Black Diamond Test Circuit, a test run by Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacci. A 15 minute time attack, and then a 32 lap race that had a single hot lap of qualifying before hand. The time attack started brilliantly, with Victoria in the lead at around the 5 minute mark with an early 1:34.214, but it was a narrow thing, with the drivers all separated by at most 4 tenths of a second in the early stages - her lead was only a hundredth of a second over Roger Bunn, and most of the drivers were within 0.2s of her time. But about halfway through the session, Bunn came out of nowhere to register the first sub 1:34.2 time, registering 34.185. Vicky was in the garage at the time, and wore a slightly bemused look on her face when the timing screen lit up. She went back out, but by the time she got around to starting her flying lap, with under 3 minutes from the end of the session, she had dropped to fourth, with Yttribia's Tyler Brooks and Royal Nordenland's Andreas Klaassen both registering faster times - Klaassen followed Bunn and registered a 1:34.199 (not that she was paying attention to the times).

She just pushed on, through the series of turns from 2 to 6, round seven, full throttle to the 180 at turn 8, through turns 9-12, full speed to the hairpin at 14, brake hard, back on the throttle to the tight turns of 15 and 16, and then full throttle, with little lift and no braking, through the high speed part of the circuit, and across the line. She'd moved up to 2nd - at least, that was what she thought she heard on the radio, before trying to hook up another lap. A good lap as well, and ever so slightly quicker, until turn 14 where she just locked up and left the track. And that was that, 1:34.197 was the best she could do. Looking back, the field was incredibly tight. Bunn had stormed the field, beating Victoria by exactly 7 hundredths of a second, but the gap between her time and Ujkan Sadiraj's in 9th (Delgado being a tenth off that pace) was pretty much the same as the 1st-2nd interval - 0.071 seconds, covering 8 drivers. Still, second only to Roger Bunn, who she was somewhat surprised to see at this test in all honesty, wasn't a bad place to be at this point in the season, and it suggested a promising season, if she could get a fast car and a good team as well - if nothing else, it was certainly an improvement from the practice sessions of her test-driver days in the MSA-SinVal team last WGPC season.

A break for lunch, and then it was back to the circuit for the second session of the day, the actual race. There was the small matter of qualifying to get over with, and in hindsight, it didn't go as well as it should have. Yes, getting the best possible laptime on your only try isn't an easy task, but to be half a tenth off her time in the first session was, in her eyes at least (and only in her eyes she hoped), not acceptable. Especially given that it meant she'd be starting fifth on the grid. She had the Rapoxian Ujkan Sadiraj in front of her, and on the outside in 4th was Scotty Tucker. Bunn was on pole and Klaassen completed the first row; Tyler Brooks was in 6th. She stopped thinking about who was where, just focusing on getting a clean start and overtaking as many people as possible before the first corner. 1 line of lights appeared ... 2, 3, 4, 5 lines. Victoria breathed in. The lights disappeared, the race started. It was a clean getaway, by everybody, and she managed to defend from Brooks going into the first and second corner. Lining up Tucker for a pass around turn 6, she managed to get her car on the inside, but not far enough ahead to complete the pass. Outbraking him on turn 7, she managed to get the car around just enough to stop him from coming back on the left. Up to 4th.

For most of the race, she could see all three of the cars ahead of her, but she was too busy defending from Tucker, Brooks and Ashburton to make a move on Sadiraj in the first 10 or so laps. One failed overtaking move from Tucker left her with a bit of breathing room behind, and she began pushing, trying to hunt down Klaassen, as Sadiraj at this point was battling Bunn for the lead. They were only a couple of seconds up the road, the pack not really having spread out much in the first half of the race. Lap 17, and she was all over Klaassen's rear wing, and her rear view mirrors were full of Tucker and Ashburton's duelling. The first real opportunity came out of turn 14 - Klaassen went slightly wide and Victoria had better traction off the corner, going side-by-side with the youngster up to turn 15, where he managed to force her out beyond the rumble strips, and she conceded that battle, slotting in behind and hoping for a tow through the high-speed section. The following lap, she tried the move she pulled off on Tucker, getting her nose on the inside of turn 6 to set up a turn 7 pass. It worked, but she was then outbraked going around turn 9, and she had no choice but to let him back through.

The rest of the race went much the same way as it had in the first half - she was battling with Klaassen for third, and defending from Tucker and Ashburton behind. Occasionally falling behind, or getting ahead, but then taking back the place or being overtaken again soon after, and she stayed in 4th. Klaassen and Bunn sometimes swapped places as well, but Sadiraj just kept his nose ahead of Bunn enough to seal the victory. Even on the final lap, she could still see the back of all three cars in front in detail, and Tucker had finally put a couple of seconds between him and Ashburton, and Victoria could still see both of them in her mirrors. In the end, Klaassen was just a metre or so out of reach, and she finished 4th, only 2.5 seconds off the winner Sadiraj. In hindsight, it was a decent race, and in all fairness, it was her first proper 'race' at this level, so finishing that close to the leader was a big positive; yes, 4th isn't that good a position, and one place higher in the race may just be the difference between her getting a seat for Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacci and not getting one.

But there wasn't time to stick around and properly discuss her results face-to-face with the team; she had to get a plane to The Glorious Han Chinese for a test there. As far as she knew, Moisés Delgado, who had performed horribly at the Nekoni test, had also been invited, as had the Sunrisian driver Crimson LaRoja, who was coming from the Frontière test in Yttribia. The test was taking place at the Haishang International Circuit, a track that was also on the calendar of the actual season, race 6 to be precise. If anything, it was an even more draining experience that the Nekoni test. There it was just 15 minutes to set a fastest lap; here, the test was to do 50 hot laps to register the fastest time. And it was a weird track as well, looking at the track layout. Plus the elevation changes were frankly mind-boggling, with a 60m drop from that odd circle to the pit straight, and even more than in the upill climb prior to the circle. But it was a track full of tight hairpins leading onto long sweeping corners, with some bizarre-looking tight 90 degree turns - especially the Industrial Chicane. An hour and half, and 50 hot laps, of torture later, she was too exhausted to meet with the team afterwards, but she did know that her best time was a 1:39.899, posted sometime in the first 10 or so laps of the test. To be fair, they were probably still analysing the data from each of the tests, which probably explained that lack of information regarding who got the seat, despite their only being 3 drivers tested.

But that was all behind her now, and she sat back in her business class seat to catch some much needed sleep before reaching Barunia, which would be quite a long engagement, even if the testing wasn't for a couple days.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:53 pm

Open Door Policy

http://chirb.it/eNdn2v
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Barunia
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Barunia » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 am

The convoy of cars swept into the circular driveway outside Archer's headquarters. The cars of course, were Archer models: Victor S-class Executives in Archer blue. It paid after all, to show off every now and then. Such as when you were hoping to sign one or two of the occupants of those cars to a lucrative deal with your racing team. Such were the musings of Ben Cunningham, manager of Archer Motorsports Professional Racing Teams division. The man who would, ultimately, be deciding which drivers to sign.

Ben met the racers at the entrance to the building. "I'd like to personally welcome you to Barunia, and to Archer especially," he greeted them. "My name is Ben Cunningham, and I head up the department responsible for our WGPC race team. So, I will be the one who could be offering you a job. Let's go inside, shall we?"
Ben led the 7 drivers into the building. While not opulent, the building was well-appointed, and Ben gave them the whistle-stop tour, through the museum on the first floor which showed the progression of Archer through the years, on to the sales department, where he talked about production rates, through marketing, where he showed them the new hybrid engine the company was developing. Ben took them through to the Motorsport division, where the walls were lined with memorabilia of the company's many successes. In the main foyer of the department, Ben drew their attention to the wall length unit that housed the many racing trophies that Archer Motorsport had won. Finally, Ben led them through to an office on the top floor, where two men were waiting.

Ben addressed the group. "Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you. This here", and he indicated one of the men, "is Henry Baltimore, our team principal. And this other man is Marc Broznik, who is Archer's acting CEO."
Henry shook all their hands. "Really good to meet you all at last, and I look forward to working with you over the weekend. Maybe even beyond that."
Broznik was more formal, but still polite. "Welcome to Archer. Please take a seat." He pressed a button on his intercom. "Could you ask James to come in, please?" A minute later a well-dressed young man carrying a folder walked in. "James is our lawyer," explained Broznik. "I understand that many of you may be confused about our offer to make you a shareholder in the company. I've asked James in because it's Barunian law, and he might provide some clarification."

Broznik placed his elbows on the desk and cast a glance around the room. "I won't bore you with a lesson in Barunian history, but the background is quite simple. This nation is socialist, which gives them a different idea of how business should operate. This arrangement is how every business in Barunia is run."
James intervened here. "The law is quite complex, but you don't need to know the specifics. So, here's the basics. All employees of the company are entitled to one share of the business, which of course means that the number of shares is equivalent to the number of employees. As such, all employees are entitled to a single share of the profit set aside for the shareholders. You have to be employed with us for a certain amount of time of course, but should we hire you, the basic requirements for us being legally required to pay you your share would be met."
Broznik spoke up again. "The other part of the shareholder's role is having a say in the business. Don't worry, you're not going to be running the company. That's my job, and the job of our managers. Your role is simply to elect the upper management, and vote on any proposals that are major enough to warrant it. Just what is and isn't is contained within the companies constitution, which we'll give you when you become an employee."

Broznik folded his hands on the desk and smiled. "I hope that's cleared that up. Now James has some paperwork for you to look at and sign. Nothing too exciting, just the usual waivers and such, in case you run a million and a quarter tilda race car into the wall at 250k. I'm sure none of you will do that though."

Henry spoke up. "Is that all, Mr Broznik?"
"Yes, thank you Henry. It's been good to meet you all. Any questions, feel free to ask Henry or Ben. They're here to assist you in anyway possible. Goodnight, and I'll hopefully see a couple of you again when you sign a contract."
Henry shepherded the group out, followed closely by Ben. "Alight, you heard the man. We'e here to help, Ben and I. So firstly, how about we help by showing you your hotel, then the best place to get a meal in Dropshort."
Ben added, "We'd best be moving though. You hit the circuit tomorrow at noon, and we have a tour of the factory to get in before then."

OOC: Apologies for the delay. I've been struggling from an acute attack of writer's block. This took over 5 hours to write.
Head of Dipomacy for the Union of Red Nations
Join the URN! A place for all communists, socialists, and left-wing nations.
I use my factbook!

Officially jolly good sporting chaps! Winners of the 2nd Chap Olympiad! (As MCSA)

Football
Baptism of Fire 51: Quarter-finalists
Cup of Harmony 62 & 64: Runner-ups
Qualified for World Cup 67,68,73,74,75

Rugby Union World Cup 25 - Third Place

Hosts of the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup
Third Place in the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup

Hosts of the Celebration of Field Hockey

Board Member of the World Calvinball Federation

Rugby World Cup 26 Champions
Author of Issue #604

PreviousNext