NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 33 Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu May 14, 2015 3:17 pm

OOC: This is the first time I've used some modulation software; not sure if I like it or not.

David Johnson predicts the Round of 16
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Cutoff for Game 1 of Round of 16

Edit: And results

Abanhfleft                    3 0 0 0 3 0 0 5 2 13
Vettrera 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Southwest Eastnorth 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3
Schiltzberg 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4

Czesc 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2
Semarland 0 1 0 0 2 0 3 0 X 6

Patistan 0 0 0 1 0 4 0 0 0 5
Coreyo 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 2

Gregorygodistan 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 5
Quetzala 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Scorinated by Northern Sunrise Islands

Maklohi Vai 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 5
Frenline Delpha 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 4

Milchama 0 0 4 0 0 0 4 0 1 9
Cosumar 0 3 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 6

South Yerfilag 0 1 3 1 1 2 1 0 0 9
United States of Devonta 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 5

All winners lead 1-0
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Thu May 14, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri May 15, 2015 3:17 am

MUSINGS OF AN ARMORED DINNER JACKET
Official blog of Ibrahim Ahmadinejad, Right Fielder of the Verbergerkinnh Cubs and the Abanhfleft Revolution

MYSTERIOUS ISOLATED INTERNET ACCESS OUTAGE DOESN'T STOP ABANHFLEFT FROM ABSOLUTELY BEATING ITS ENEMIES!

A Fleftic player hits the ball during game 1 of the Round of 16 series between Abanhfleft and Vettrera. Abanhfleft dominated the entirety of game 1 and would have gotten a shutout were it not for a lucky home run scored by Vettrera at the bottom of the ninth inning. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network/Umkhonto Thabowane)

LIVE FROM CHURCH OF GREGORYISGODISTAN STADIUM, DISTRICT 12, GREGORYISGODISTAN - What a mouthful that was to type, but it was all worth it.

First of all, apologies for not being able to make contact with the civilized world for at least two days. Someone pulled the plug for the Wi-Fi in the hotel where we were staying, and it was only fixed just now. Suspects range from the team's resident prankster Burt Hokabo to a disgruntled Gregoryisgodistani electrician to Lord Almighty Gregory himself. But let's forget all about that because that's in the past and we have no evidence of who did it anyway. So there.

In a way, though, I feel sorry for Vettrera. Here they are, standing on the edge of glory, only for the shameless glory-hunters known as the Abanhfleft Revolution to go and push them right over the chasm of disappointment. I'm absolutely sure that they'll do their darned best to force a game 3, but in the form that we're currently in, I don't think that's quite possible at the moment. Although I should really watch what I'm saying right now since last time I said we'd win easily over weak opposition, we lost against Flardania. But the good thing about that loss is that it was inconsequential. We were already guaranteed progress, and I think they were already guaranteed elimination at the time, so it was just a matter of keeping our record as unblemished as possible, while for them it was all about the honor. You gotta hand it to them though. They made us fight hard to get equal, and then they let slip the winning run. They got style on tap when they need it.

Now, as for recapping game 1 of Abanhfleft vs. Vettrera... well, it gets boring if you already know your Revolutionaries' names to heart. Because the truth of the matter is that there are only Fleftic names that are on the statistics sheets. Sure, there's one Vettreran player who managed to score a very lucky run at the bottom of the ninth to make sure his team isn't totally, well, totaled, but with Vettrera not even releasing a published roster, no one knows who the guy who scored that run was. Not that it mattered at the end. He would have needed twelve more runs to even force extra innings, and that was just impossible in the time left.

So there we have it. Abanhfleft has taken a commanding lead in its first round of 16 matchup against Vettrera, and we very much hope to do the same tomorrow. This is the Armored Dinner Jacket saying ciao, peace. Catch you in my next post.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri May 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Cutoff for Game 2 of Round of 16!

Edit: Results

Vettrera                      0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0
Abanhfleft 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 3
Abanhfleft wins series 2-0

Schiltzberg 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4
Southwest Eastnorth 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Schiltzberg wins series 2-0

Semarland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Czesc 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 X 3
Series tied, 1-1

Coreyo 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5
Patistan 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 4
Series tied, 1-1

Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 4
Quetzala 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Gregoryisgodistan wins series 2-0
Scorinated by 95X

Frenline Delpha 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 5
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 2 4 0 0 0 X 6
Maklohi Vai wins series 2-0

Cosumar 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 6
Milchama 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Series tied, 1-1

United States of Devonta 0 2 0 0 3 2 0 0 1 8
South Yerfilag 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Series tied, 1-1
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Fri May 15, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

South Yerfilag
Attaché

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

[010] Last Licks...?

Postby South Yerfilag » Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm

"All right, everyone get in the dugout!" The coaches were fuming. How could they have lost 8-2 to a #15-ranked team? Not even the Damukunians, who had come to Gregoryisgodistan to watch their former region mates play the sport they loved, even though they didn't know how to play it, had expected such a bad rout. The Damukunian crowd had included Yerfilag Premier League (now the Damukuni Pro Cricket Premiership) star Akio Rishigawa, who the South Yerfilagi had recognized the previous night, and a Damukunian foreign sport enthusiast named Hiroshi Yokohama, who wanted to create a national baseball team for Damukuni.
"All right. The last game was supposed to be easy. Marja, you threw one heck of a game. But we had so many errors!" Coach van Rijn started the replay tape, and no sin escaped. Hicks threw a wild throw to second base, which went past - Larsson had to pick the thing up. Righteousness had missed a catch, and she hoped it would be an infield fly. (The problem was, there were already 2 out.) Visscher missed a catch that would have put a scoring runner out. The list went on and on.
"In that case," Manager van Pelt concluded, "for the remainder of the tournament, J.J. and Matt are switching places. Van Heel, since you didn't pitch yesterday, you're on the mound. Other than that, you're all in the same spots. Do South Yerfilag proud!"
Matt and Jacinda exchanged uneasy glances, but they headed out to the field for warmup for Game 3. Whatever the couple did now would be immortalised for all of South Yerfilag.
Lineup for R-16 Game 3:
Matteson (8), Alfing (6), Olugbenga (5), Oluwafantan (0), de Jager (3), Oorschot (7), Hicks (2), Ihejirika (4), Visscher (9). Pitcher: Van Heel (Relief: Kierkegaard).
Last edited by South Yerfilag on Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former puppet of Damukuni. Now a puppet of Eshan.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat May 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Cutoff for deciding Game 3.

Semarland                     0 0 1 0 0 2 0 2 0  5
Czesc 1 4 0 0 0 3 0 0 X 8

Coreyo 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Patistan 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 X 3

Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Milchama 2 0 0 0 2 0 1 1 X 6

United States of Devonta 0 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 6
South Yerfilag 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3

All winners win their series 2-1.

Quarterfinal matchups and stadium assignments coming soon in a new post.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sat May 16, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat May 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Quarterfinal matchups

#1 Abanhfleft vs. #9 Schiltzberg at Death to Llamaland Stadium
#4 Czesc vs. #5 Patistan at Strait of Santaguerra Ballpark
#3 Maklohi Vai vs. #6 Gregoryisgodistan at Pervert Chaser NAUSJW Stadium
#7 Milchama vs. #15 United States of Devonta at Church of Gregoryisgodistan Stadium

Cutoff will be later in the window tomorrow due to the WCoH Draw.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Mon May 18, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

South Yerfilag
Attaché

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

[---] Epilogue

Postby South Yerfilag » Sat May 16, 2015 6:18 pm

A STATEMENT FROM THE COMMISSIONER OF THE SOUTH YERFILAG BOARD OF BAT SPORTS
17 May 2015

Yesterday, 16 May, 2015 A.D., a date which will live in infamy, the South Yerfilag national baseball team lost its must-win game against the United States of Devonta. The score for the game was 6 to 3.

We, the South Yerfilag Board of Bat Sports, wish to congratulate the United States of Devonta on their win and wish them well in the future as they continue to play in the World Baseball Classic.

We also wish to thank the Glorious and Holy Nation of Gregoryisgodistan and their Lord Almighty Gregory for hosting our team, and many others, in this edition of the tournament.

Finally, last, but most certainly not least, we congratulate our home team, the South Yerfilag national team, on bringing great honor not only to our small nation, but also to the newly-created autonomous region of New Yerfilag, by finishing second overall in the group stage. Each and every one of you deserve the greatest praises from our sport enthusiasts. Even though you come home disappointed, you have captured our hearts, and those of many other nations that could not make it past the World Baseball Classic's group stage. You have much to be proud of. Prepare for a heroes' welcome as you arrive back at South Yerfilag International Airport.

LESTER KINCH
Commissioner
South Yerfilag Board of Bat Sports

[>=]

Jacinda's cell phone rang as she walked toward the student bus service to go back to SYU.
"Hey Jaci! I'm so sorry you --" Kylee was cut off.
"Hey, don't worry about it. I have someone I'd like you to meet. I'll be back in about 15 minutes. Bye!" She hung up and turned to Matt, who was holding her hand.
"I love you, Matt. Call me when you get back to your college, OK?"
They kissed and held each other for a long time.
Jacinda punched Kylee's number back into her phone. Man, do I have a story to tell her! she thought.

The role-play of South Yerfilag ends here. Thanks for reading, and see you in the next edition of the World Baseball Classic!
Former puppet of Damukuni. Now a puppet of Eshan.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun May 17, 2015 8:05 am

Official blog of Ibrahim Ahmadinejad, Right Fielder of the Verbergerkinnh Cubs and the Abanhfleft Revolution

TOMORROW WE FACE A SUCCESSFUL NEWCOMER

Players of the Abanhfleft Revolution pose for a post-game celebration picture after their victory over Vettrera in Church of Gregoryisgodistan Stadium, Gregoryisgodistan. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Umkhonto Thabowane)

LIVE FROM GREGORYISGODISTAN - Tomorrow we face one of the World Baseball Classic's more successful debutants in Schiltzberg.

They're quite a successful team, on a 7-3 win-loss record in the group stage, and they've just completed a two-game sweep of Southwest Eastnorth, a fellow debutant. Schiltzberg have a good and capable team, although they've definitely got their weaknesses as well. It took them an extra inning to secure their first victory against Southwest Eastnorth (that's gonna tire my fingers out quickly), but then they dominated their second game and got away with a 4-0 shutout to end Southwest Eastnorth's fairy tale campaign in the World Baseball Classic.

Meanwhile, our own campaign was never in doubt. Not only did we score 13 innings against Vettrera in game 1 of our series, we also walked away with a shutout win in game 2, this time winning 4-0 against our opponents. In football, that would be a curbstomp match. But we're in baseball, so 4 runs scored is quite routine. Sometimes it happens in a single inning if you're lucky, which we seem to be.

Anyway, the Abanhfleft-Schiltzberg series will be held in Death to Llamaland Stadium. Gregory has a penchant for building places and naming them Death to (insert country on Enemy List here). Pretty soon I'm sure there's gonna be a Death to Abanhfleft Stadium in this country somewhere someplace. And I'm quite sure we'll provide them with the means to make it, whether it's monetary or material.

It appears that the player to watch for in Schiltzberg colors tomorrow will be Manuel Villegaus, who's on a roll when it comes to runs lately. But that's all the time that I have for tonight. This is the Armored Dinner Jacket saying ciao, peace. Catch you in my next post.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Due to the forum downtime tonight, Game 1 of Quarterfinals is postponed until tomorrow.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon May 18, 2015 1:50 pm

SCHILTZBERG ADVANCES AFTER TWO-GAME SWEEP!

Schiltzberg has finished the round of sixteen with flying colors, but that does not mean that it was easy. Southwest Eastnorth was a worthy team that nearly gave Schiltzberg a run for its money. The first game was started by David Toups, who did very well, pitching eight innings and only allowing three runs, while striking out eleven and walking only four. Southwest Eastnorth (SWEN) was the first to get on the board, though, after Toups allowed a walk and then a home run in the second inning. Schiltzberg quickly came back, though, when Francis Thom singled and then scored on a double from Villegaus, who also scored on a single off of the bat of Wayne Knox. The offense was dead for both teams until the seventh inning, and for the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth innings, both teams only had a combined two hits; one for each team. In the top of the second, SWEN's batters hit back-to-back singles, and then another reached on an error to load the bases. Toups then walked a batter, giving up the lead at that point, but then struck out two in a row to end the half-inning. Schiltzberg bounced back once again when Chris Vrooman sent a fastball over the right field wall with no one on base. David Toups pitched the eighth inning as well, but was replaced by Todd Barras in the ninth, after having thrown 109 pitches. Barras held on for the ninth, and since Schiltzberg was not able to score, he continued on through the tenth. He only faced the minimum six batters in his two innings, and struck out three. In the bottom of the tenth, Wayne Knox was hit by a pitch to lead things off. He was replaced by the speedy Benny Allen, who immediately stole second base. Joe Conway batted for the pitcher, and flew out to right field, just deep enough to advance the runner to third base. With one out in the bottom of the tenth, Mark Daly got a walk off single to center field to win the game 4-3. The crowd went wild! Mark Daly was named player of the game, and Todd Barras was awarded the win.

The second game was more one-sided, as Maddux-like pitcher William McKey had his turn to start. McKey threw a complete game shutout, only allowing three hits and one walk, with four strikeouts. His pitching success has continued to put Schiltzberg on top of the league, and has been a major part of their making it this far into the tournament. Schiltzberg was the victorious team over SWEN in game two, winning it 4-0, thanks to McKey's excellent pitching. Schiltzberg's first two runs came in the top of the first when Jeff Fitzhugh singled to left, stole second, and then was driven in by a home run courtesy of Francis Thom. The final two runs came in the sixth inning, when the opposing pitcher walked Villegaus, Saiz, and Knox, while striking out Rutledge and McKey, and then Villegaus and Saiz scored when Mark Daly singled to left field. Overall, it was the pitching that won this match, so William McKey was named player of the game.

Schiltzberg's second win clinched their advancement to the quarterfinals, with their opponents being Abanhfleft. Though morale is high after the sweep, the odds are against them, noting that Abanhfleft is the number one seed in the entire tournament. Schiltzberg is expected to fight to the end, and hopefully pull away with the series. The first game will be tonight at 6:05, and can be watched on SSCTV, with pre-game starting at 5:30 pm. This is your New Schiltzbierg Times sports news.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon May 18, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon May 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Cutoff for Game 1 of quarterfinals

Schiltzberg                   0 3 1 0 0 0 0 2 0  6
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2

Patistan 0 0 0 2 0 1 2 0 0 5
Czesc 2 1 0 0 0 3 0 0 X 6

Maklohi Vai 0 1 2 0 1 2 1 0 1 8
Gregoryisgodistan 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4
Scorinated by Royal Kingdom of Quebec

United States of Devonta 0 1 3 0 0 0 2 2 0 8
Milchama 2 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 6

All winners lead series 1-0

Edit: Advanced Coreyo instead of Patistan. Fixed.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Mon May 18, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue May 19, 2015 7:01 am

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY! ABANHFLEFT DEFEATED BY SCHILTZBERG 6-2!

The Schiltzberg catcher outs a Fleftic player in Game 1 of the World Baseball Class quarterfinals. Schiltzberg defeated Abanhfleft 6-2 in Game 1 after players of the Abanhfleft Revolution were supposedly made sick by "questionable" gruel rations from the Gregoryisgodistani government. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Umkhonto Thabowane)

LIVE FROM DEATH TO LLAMALAND STADIUM, DISTRICT 3, GREGORYISGODISTAN - It's not in our nature to blame defeat on factors other than the team itself, but this time we have a legitimate reason to blame the local cuisine for our most recent defeat against Schiltzberg.

Not that I'm taking away anything from the Schiltzberg team. They are honestly very good, and if the team had been in a better state, I'd say that they actually deserve a win against us. But only one win, because we're going to need the other two wins to advance to the semis. Jeff Fitzhugh and Chris Vrooman were absolute monsters out there on the diamond today, hitting almost everything that our pitchers could throw at them, and it's only thanks to our good defense that we didn't concede more runs than we did.

As for why the team was sick, we decided to go out for some dinner in a local restaurant. Well, it wasn't really a restaurant; more like some kind of government soup kitchen but instead of soup, it served gruel and prune juice rations. There was a fair dinnertime crowd going on in there, with Gregoryisgodistanis from all walks of life that existed in the country, from police officers to horse beaters to pervert chasers--yes, pervert chasers are a thing here in Gregoryisgodistan--eating the gruel and drinking the prune juice rationed to them. As accredited foreigners for the World Baseball Classic, the team was allowed to ear more gruel and drink more prune juice than he common citizen, and so we ordered what we could and ate heartily.

But remember that Abanhfleft is now on good old Greg's Enemy List, and Gregoryisgodistanis will now be rewarded for killing any Fleftics. Well, thankfully no one died in this incident, but there was certainly an attempt at our lives. Like I said, the team ate their fill of gruel and drank all the prune juice they could handle, and then, when we got back to the hotel, we were suddenly overcome by the greatest case of diarrhea that I have ever seen. I mean literally everyone was shitting their guts out and basically painting the entire hotel room brown. Eventually the medical staff got us some diarrhea stopping medicine--whatever you call them--but the damage was done. Some of us were unfortunate enough to be visited by the angel of the trots in the night, and so we weren't exactly performing at our best when we stepped up to the plate today.

Nevertheless, despite the breaking of what is being now called Gruelgate, the Fleftic government has just approved an aid package to Gregoryisgodistan that includes construction materials and engineers in case Gregory wanted to build a Death to Abanhfleft Stadium. Now that's all I have for tonight. This is the Armored Dinner Jacket saying ciao, peace. Catch you in my next post.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue May 19, 2015 1:34 pm

SCHILTZBERG TAKES GAME ONE 6-2!

Once again, the underdog Schiltzbergers come out on top, and last night's win was crucial. Schiltzberg only needs one more win to advance to the Final Four! Schiltzberg pitching was good last night, with lefty Henry Price starting out on the mound, and pitching a solid six innings, while only giving up one run. Steven Scherer came in to pitch the seventh inning, and due to his quality pitching to back up Schiltzberg's solid lead, he was left in for the rest of the game, only allowing one run. Pitching coach Jesus Martinez said about his team, "Yes, you know, we have been doing so well lately with all of our pitching. It seems like every game we just barely win, and that extra boost is always from our pitching staff. We've got a great group of pitchers! McKey has really gotten the spotlight, but as you can see, tonight Henry [Price] and Steve [Scherer] did well too."

Schiltzberg's offense was present too, though, tonight. Schiltzberg claimed the lead early on in the game, when Jeff Fitzhugh and Chris Vrooman hit back-to-back home runs, with Fitzhugh's being a two-run shot. The following inning, Thomas Saiz led off with a solo home run to center field to expand the lead to 4-0. Schiltzberg came close to scoring several times, but they were just not able to get the runs in. For example, with one out in the fifth inning, the Abanhfleftian pitcher walked Manual Villegaus, but then Thomas Saiz grounded into a 6-4-3 double play to end the inning. Schiltzberg had a lot of hits that went without a run, and they left ten men on base over the course of the game. Manager Robert Evans commented on this after the game saying, "Well, we could have done better I guess, but our boys got the win, so that is all that really matters at this point in the tournament." Schiltzberg was eventually able to score again, though, in the eighth inning. Wayne Knox walked to start the inning, and then was advanced by Scherer's sacrifice bunt. After Mark Daly struck out, Jeff Fitzhugh got a shallow hit that did not score the runner, but advanced him to third. Both runners scored when Chris Vrooman hit a double to straightaway left. Chris Vrooman is tonight's player of the game for going five-for-six with a home run, a double, three singles, a run, and three RBIs. This is your New Schiltzbierg Times sports news.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue May 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Cutoff for Game 2!

Schiltzberg                   3 2 0 0 1 0 3 0 1 10
Abanhfleft 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Schiltzberg wins series 2-0

Patistan 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Czesc 1 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 X 4
Czesc wins series 2-0

Gregoryisgodistan 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Maklohi Vai 0 4 0 0 0 0 3 1 X 8
Maklohi Vai wins series 2-0
Scorinated by Stvoto Latoli

United States of Devonta 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2
Milchama 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 2 X 7
Series tied 1-1
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Cutoff for Game 3

United States of Devonta      0 2 0 0 2 0 3 0 1  8
Milchama 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
United States of Devonta wins series 2-1

Semifinal series and stadium assignments coming separately
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Wed May 20, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed May 20, 2015 5:04 pm

#9 Schiltzberg vs. #4 Czesc at Pervert Chaser NAUSJW Stadium
#3 Maklohi Vai vs. #15 United States of Devonta at Death to Saintland Stadium
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu May 21, 2015 4:30 pm

SCHILTZBERG TAKES THE GAME AND THE SERIES!

After a blowout on Tuesday, Schiltzberg advances once again, after its second two-game sweep in a row. The Schiltzbergers are either much better than expected, or just really, really lucky. They have now won six games in a row, going back to the preliminary round, and the team does not plan to slow down any time soon. Game Two was pitched by Robert Paul an absolute blowout, and got the complete game along with the win. The only two runs that he did allow came in the first inning from a home run followed by a triple and a sac fly. Paul was able to save his bullpen for Game One of the Semifinals, which will be a great relief for David Toups, because he will not have quite as much pressure on him while taking on a quality team.

Schiltzberg took off literally on the first pitch of the game, and never looked back from there. Mark Daly led off the game with a first-pitch home run, which devastated Abanfleft's starting pitcher early, and broke his confidence. Jeff Fitzhugh doubled, and then Francis Thom hit another home run to extend the early lead. The bases were loaded in the second inning, which led to the very early removal of Abanfleft's starter, but then Mark Daly singled to right, and drove in two. Thomas Saiz hit a solo home run to the opposite field then in the fifth inning to make the score 6-0. Chris Vrooman singled, knocked in two, and eventually scored to increase the lead ever more, to 9-0. The final run was scored by Jeff Fitzhugh, who reached on a walk, when the right fielder overthrew the throw to third on a single (and E9) courtesy of Francis Thom, that allowed Fitzhugh to score. Schiltzbergers hope that their players' merciless attitudes don't come back to hurt them (aka get pegged), but they are certainly happy to see Schiltzberg advance, as well as see the number one seed eliminated. Schiltzberg's opponent in the Semifinals will be Czesc, whose team has done well by defeating the defending champs. Schiltzberg hopes that its momentum will pull them through it, and that would lead the underdogs to the Finals! The player of Tuesday's game was Mark Daly, who was four-for-six with a home run and three RBIs. This is your New Schiltzbierg Times sports news
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu May 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Cutoff for Game 1 of the semifinals!

Schiltzberg                   0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2  3
Czesc 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

United States of Devonta 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 4
Maklohi Vai 1 0 3 0 0 1 1 0 X 6

Both winners lead 1-0.

As a reminder, if Schiltzberg and Maklohi Vai both finish off their series tomorrow night, Game 1 of the finals (and third-place series) will be moved up a day and start Saturday. There will be no more off days.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Thu May 21, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Fri May 22, 2015 1:42 pm

SCHILTZBERG VICTORIOUS AFTER THIRTEEN INNINGS.

Game One of the Schiltzberg-Czesc Semifinals was certainly a nailbiter that kept all fans on the edge of their seats. This game was a pitchers' duel, with only a combined four runs scored over the course of thirteen full innings. The starter for Schiltzberg was David Toups, who let in one in the third, but other than that did very well. He pitched seven and two-thirds innings, and then was taken out with two outs in the eighth, finishing having only allowed five hits, and striking out eight. The run that he allowed in the third was scored off of a home run, which happened to be the first hit of the game for Czesc, that sailed over the left field wall. Toups got himself into a jam in the eighth, giving up a walk and then a single to put runners on first and third with two outs. He was relieved by Todd Barras, who struck out the first batter he faced to get Schiltzberg out of the jam. Barras also pitched the ninth inning, giving up a hit, but no runs were allowed. Since the score was still tied at one, Steven Scherer came in to pitch in the tenth, and he pitched the tenth and eleventh with no problems, but then loaded the bases in the twelfth with two outs. He was saved by Joseph Crews, who came in and kept runs from scoring. After the Schiltzbergers scored, Doug Miller came in to close the game, getting the save. The official scorer awarded the win to Joseph Crews, even though he only threw six pitches. Even though Schiltzberg got the win, this game really hurt their bullpen, as they went through four relievers, and hopefully this will not come back to hurt them. Czesc also went through a good amount of their bullpen, so Schiltzberg should not be at too much of a disadvantage in the series.

The offense came very, very close to scoring on multiple occasions, but was unable to do so until the thirteenth inning, with the exception of Jeff Fitzhugh's home run in the third. In the seventh inning, the bases were loaded with one out, but the opportunity was ended when Manual Villegaus grounded into a 5-3 double play. They were close again in the eleventh, when Mark Daly doubled with no one out, but no one else was able to make contact, and the go-ahead run was left in scoring position. They finally came through in the thirteenth inning, scoring not one, but two runs. The first run came when Thomas Saiz doubled to right, scoring Manual Villegaus, who had walked earlier in the inning, to break the tie. Thomas Saiz also scored when Donald Carolan (who pinch-hit for the pitcher) singled to right field. Schiltzberg held on in the bottom half of the inning for the win. Schiltzbergers are extremely proud of their team, and the suspense is killing them, as they are only one win away from the Final Round. William McKey is scheduled to pitch Game Two, and the hope is that he will once again lead Schiltzberg to a win, as he is undefeated thus far. Game Two starts at 5:05 this evening, and Vice President/President Elect Lauren Robertson will be attending along with President Blakeslee. This is your everything sports news courtesy of your New Schiltzbierg Times.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Game 2 cutoff!

Schiltzberg                   0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0  2
Czesc 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 4 X 6

United States of Devonta 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 6
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 0 1 0 5

Both series are tied 1-1 and will to to a Game 3 tomorrow night.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Fri May 22, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Sat May 23, 2015 8:11 am

6-2 LOSS FORCES GAME THREE.

An unfortunate loss for Schiltzberg last night ties up the series and takes away Schiltzberg's advantage going into the most important game thus far in the tournament. William McKey pitched today, and did well as usual; it was the bullpen that was responsible for the loss. McKey pitched seven innings, allowing two runs and six hits. The first run was scored in the first inning with a solo home run, and the second in the third inning when the opposing second baseman doubled and later scored. McKey had four strikeouts and three walks in seven innings, but was not able to pitch the eighth because he had already thrown 107 pitches. Brian Mercado replaced him in the eighth with the score tied. He certainly had an off-night last night. He gave up a single to start the inning, then a double to score the first run. Then he struck one out for the first out. After that, he gave up another single that scored the second run, and finally gave up a two-run home run to the Czescian right-fielder to make the score 6-2. Since his team was not able to score in the top of the ninth, there was no bottom half of the inning, and he was responsible for the loss.

Schiltzberg had a quiet offense, only scoring two runs over the course of the game. The first run came in the sixth off of a solo home run hit by Francis Thom. The second one came in the eighth inning, when Mark Daly singled with runners on first and third. The inability to score in the ninth inning, after a poor defensive half of the eighth, led to the loss. This loss was devastating to Schiltzberg, but not all hope is lost, since they can still win tonight and advance to the Finals. President Blakeslee said in an interview, after having watched the game, "Schiltzberg is still in it. We have won almost every game thus far, and I believe that this is the first loss since the preliminary round, isn't it? The key is to not let this loss hurt the team morale, and then we will have a shot at not only winning this round, but maybe the entire tournament." This is your New Schiltzbierg Times sports news.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat May 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Cutoff!

Schiltzberg                   2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2  6
Czesc 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 4

United States of Devonta 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 3
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 1 X 4

Both winners win series 2-1

Final:

Schiltzberg vs. Maklohi Vai at Pervert Chaser NAUSJW Ballpark

Third Place Series:

Czesc vs. United States of Devonta at Church of Gregoryisgodistan Stadium
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sat May 23, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun May 24, 2015 7:44 am

United States of Devonta National Baseball Team

Coach: Jesse Jackson Jr.
Manager: Boe Jackson
Modifier: -1

STARTERS

1B - # 11 Peteboy Wright
2B - # 23 JoJo Hernandez
3B - # 45 Elie Wiesel
SS - # 6 Casey Cane
LF - # 32 Louie Lee
CF - # 2 Alexander Cassoa
RF - # 8 Bruce Jenner
C - # 18 Wade Thompson

PITCHING

P - # 1 Caleb Rodriguez
P - #41 David Farro
P - #42 Lenny Johnson
P - #33 J.T Slammer
P - #53 Tobby Griffin
SU - #26 Dewayne Vandell
P - #97 Thomas Curly
P - #34 Kendrick Horner

RP PERMISSIONS: Anything short of death.

((OCC: Well somehow my low ranked team made it this far... so i'll put this right here.))
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Sun May 24, 2015 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm

SCHILTZBERG WINS IT!

Schiltzberg has won Game Three and the series, clinching the Finals! They won by the skin of their teeth, as it came down to the ninth inning. The starting pitcher for Schiltzberg was Henry Price. Price allowed four runs in seven innings; one in the first off of a home run, one in the fifth off of a double that later scored, and two in the seventh when a batter singled and then was driven in by another home run. Joseph Crews pitched a scoreless eighth, and Doug Miller picked up the save after a scoreless ninth. Crews was awarded the win.

Francis Thom got Schiltzberg on the board with a two-run home run in the first inning, to take the lead early. Thomas Saiz then extended the lead to 3-1 in the fifth when he doubled to knock in Manual Villegaus. After losing the lead in the seventh, Mark Daly tied the game up again when he hit a solo home run to the opposite field in the eighth. With no outs in the top of the ninth, Chris Vrooman got on, and then Francis Thom hit his second two-run shot of the night to take the lead 6-4. After Doug Miller got the save, the players fled the dugout and mobbed Miller in celebration! The crowd cheered, and the party was brought into the clubhouse, where champaign was broken out and the players congratulated themselves for a job well done. Francis Thom was quoted saying, "Whoa boy! We're going to the Finals, baby!" And then he got pied in the face by Chris Vrooman, who then was chased out of the clubhouse by Thom, his giddy teammate. Francis Thom was indeed named player of the game, going four-for-five with four RBIs, two runs, and two home runs. Schiltzberg has a legitimate chance to win this tournament, but it won't be easy. Check out Game One tonight at 7:00 on SSCTV. This is your New Schiltzbierg Times sports news.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Sun May 24, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA