NATION

PASSWORD

NS Rugby Discussion Thread (v.2)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:44 am

Well, as I wrote earlier on Discord, with some appendages: I myself don't see RNF as a sucessor to NSRB, at least not on its former duties. It says "from the ashes of NSRB". So what? I could start a basketball tournament today and say it rose from the ashes of IBC 28, held in Lisander. Would this give it any legitimity as an IBC? Probably not. NSRB is a dead board already, what is said on its behalf had little to none to contribute, so you should also let the bad blood dry too, instead of pushing NS Rugby back into that toxicity cesspit we all pushed ourselves. It took me an entire year to regain some interest in rugby, so I'm not pushing it further.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:06 am

Not a rugby person (yet? Who knows) on NSS, but from a neutral standpoint, I feel you are missing the point. The point is why whoever is holding the NSRB account right now has to bring the account back from the dead and make strange comments. For instance, changing their motto to:
NSRB Motto wrote:NS Rugby will survive tyranny of the NSS Elite Clique.

And also, specifically pointing out on the OP that there are players who, quote, "feel they alone should dictate when, where and how rugby is roleplayed and formatted on NS to the point of bullying other players to silence".
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:30 am

Lisander said it perfectly and that should have been the end of it.

NSRB is gone. The Cups are running fine. No one has to demand anyone do anything, beyond the rules of NS. Everyone is free to do their own thing. There was documented bullying and moderation stepped in, but it's done. That is fact. Stating facts isn't bringing it back up unless it brings up guilt. It's only toxic now if you make it toxic. If it's not about you, then move on. Or mock what others are doing, then move on. A moderator has even said as much on your chat.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:39 am

I'm not sure what there was to gain by airing grievances via editing the OP of a dead thread and via changing the gameside motto of an NS organisation.

Either way, nothing good will come of any argument here. This thread is locked.

Any further attempt to upset, no matter how passively, will be dealt with.

edit: autocorrect
Last edited by Audioslavia on Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Previous

Return to NS Sports