NATION

PASSWORD

NS Rugby Discussion Thread (v.2)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 pm

This is your approximately 24 hour and 27 minute warning to get any final votes in. So far we've had seven, lets see if we can't get a few more.

-Darmen
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:23 am

Did I forget to post the results last night? No, no, of course I didn't. I would never...

10 votes were received with all 10 in favor of the amended constitution. I will edit the OP soon to reflect those changes.

Expect another announcement with regards to the elections/nominations soon.

-Darmen
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:13 am

Apologies for the delay, but I'm now opening the nomination period for the next elections. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to the position of President, please do so in this thread. Self-nominations will count as one of the three nominations required by the constitution. If you are nominated by someone else but have no desire to be President, you are of course free to decline your nomination. If you wish to be one of the Section Vice Presidents, you need only to post in this thread that you are running as a candidate. Also, those nominated for President are free to run for one of the Section Vice President positions as well.

I will not be placing any hard deadline for nominations to be posted, once we have candidates for all the positions (President and the three Section VPs), I'll allow 72 hours for any more nominations and the vote will begin shortly thereafter.

Please do yell at me if I've forgotten anything or gotten something wrong.

-Darmen

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 am

I nominate myself for the position of NSRB President. I honestly would prefer to be Domestic Rugby Caretaker, since it would take less time, but it's not up to me to decide, so I decided to support it the best I can.
Last edited by Lisander on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:44 am

I'll be declining any potential nominations for the Presidency that may have come my way. I will however be running for reelection as the Rugby League Section Vice President.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:49 am

Lisander wrote:I nominate myself for the position of NSRB President. I honestly would prefer to be Domestic Rugby Caretaker, since it would take less time, but it's not up to me to decide, so I decided to support it the best I can.

I’ll second Lisanders nomination for NSRB President.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:21 am

Much like Darmen, I'll be declining any potential nominations for NSRB President. I'll still run for Sevens Section VP but that'll be about it.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Lisander wrote:I nominate myself for the position of NSRB President. I honestly would prefer to be Domestic Rugby Caretaker, since it would take less time, but it's not up to me to decide, so I decided to support it the best I can.

Are you going to have the time to devote to this position and keep things going on track?
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:

Are you going to have the time to devote to this position and keep things going on track?

Currently, I'm quarantined due to the global outbreak of that virus, so at least for the next weeks, time is not a problem. After that quarantine, and provided I have supportive VPs (what I barely had in my previous tenure), I believe there should be no big problem. After all, you know me. I may miss a deadline here, delay another thing there, but I always did my best for NationStates Rugby.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:44 am

Lisander wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

Currently, I'm quarantined due to the global outbreak of that virus, so at least for the next weeks, time is not a problem. After that quarantine, and provided I have supportive VPs (what I barely had in my previous tenure), I believe there should be no big problem. After all, you know me. I may miss a deadline here, delay another thing there, but I always did my best for NationStates Rugby.

So did your VPs when you disappeared. No reason to throw them under the bus. RL gets in the way, which is what I was getting at. Can you find the balance this time?
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Thirding Lisander's nomination for NSRB President.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Fourthing Lisander's nomination, which now has seconds from each of the sections. We are still in need of a candidate for the Union section Vice President.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:RL gets in the way, which is what I was getting at. Can you find the balance this time?

Finding the balance between RL and NationStates is a constant worry of mine. But I believe this balance, today, is easier to reach since we (the NS Rugby Community) skillfully secured ways to keep this up and running, like NSRB Discord.

Northwest Kalactin wrote:I’ll second Lisanders nomination for NSRB President.

Apox wrote:Thirding Lisander's nomination for NSRB President.

Darmen wrote:Fourthing Lisander's nomination, which now has seconds from each of the sections.

I thank you three for your trust.

Finally, since both Darmen and Elejamie have volunteered:

I second Darmen's nomination for Rugby League VP, and Elejamie's nomination for Rugby Sevens VP.
Last edited by Lisander on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat May 02, 2020 3:53 pm

I’ll put my name out there for Union however if a more experienced user is running I’ll pull myself out.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat May 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Now that we have candidates for all four positions, I'm setting the deadline for any more nominations/candidacies to be 72 hours from now. If someone who isn't running for one of the positions would be so kind to volunteer to collect votes, that would be great!
The Republic of Darmen

Havynwilde
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Havynwilde » Sat May 02, 2020 7:48 pm

new to da rugby scene buh been on ns sports fo nearly five years fin throw my hat n da ring for the VP position too
black liberation.
cofounder of the ffi
my jeans purple off drank

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat May 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Havynwilde wrote:new to da rugby scene buh been on ns sports fo nearly five years fin throw my hat n da ring for the VP position too

Which Section? I know you mentioned Union on discord, so I'm assuming that one, correct?
The Republic of Darmen

Havynwilde
Envoy

Founded: Dec 21, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Havynwilde » Wed May 06, 2020 12:14 pm

for rugby 7s
black liberation.
cofounder of the ffi
my jeans purple off drank

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Fri May 08, 2020 1:21 am

Right then. Deadline has passed. The candidates are:

NSRB President
-Lisander

Union VP
-Northwest Kalactin

League VP
-Darmen

Sevens VP
-Elejamie
-Havynwilde

For the President and Union & League VP's, approval voting will be in effect. Either you approve of the candidate or you don't. For the Sevens VP, first-past-the-post will be in effect. All NSRB members are permitted to vote in the Presidential election, while in the Section VP elections, you may only vote if you are a member of that particular section. For reference, the current membership is:

Union (17 members)
-Abanhfleft
-Apox
-Barunia
-Busoga Islands
-Darmen
-Elejamie
-Geektopia/Aimena
-Greater Cebu
-Kelssek/Eryn Firith
-Ko-oren
-Kyrjasmark
-Neu Engollon/Hutanjia
-Pratapgadh
-Sajnur
-Savojarna
-Terre Septentrionale
-The Ross Isles
League (12 members)
-Abanhfleft/Copper Cuprum
-Alpine Union
-Darmen
-Domalana
-Elejamie
-Ko-oren
-Kriegiersien
-Natanians and Nosts
-Neu Engollon/Hutanjia
-Pratapgadh
-Routcher
-West Phoenicia
Sevens (19 members)
-Abanhfleft
-Barunia
-Bolgano
-Darmen
-Elejamie
-Free Republics
-HUElavia
-Kelssek
-Kriegiersien
-Lisander
-Mkabia
-Natanians and Nosts
-Neu Engollon/Hutanjia
-Northwest Kalactin
-Savojarna
-Terre Septentrionale
-TJUN-ia
-Trolleborg
-Vdara

Votes should be sent to Mareibat. The deadline for voting will be in one weeks time, Friday 15th May at midday UTC+1
Last edited by NS Rugby Board Executive Council on Sat May 09, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Wed May 13, 2020 9:27 pm

Hello, back from the dead if anyone remembers me. When is the next Rugby League Cup?
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Darmen
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 pm

The Fair Republic wrote:Hello, back from the dead if anyone remembers me. When is the next Rugby League Cup?

Welcome back. I would assume that the League WC would be the next one on the agenda after we complete the NSRB elections over the next few days, so signups could be opened within the next couple of weeks.
The Republic of Darmen

Mareibat
Attaché

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mareibat » Sat May 16, 2020 2:35 pm

With apologies for the delay, here are the results for the election of the first NSRB President and the three VPs:

NSRB President
6 - For Lisander
1 - Against Lisander

NSRB VP Union
2 - For Northwest Kalactin
3 - Against Northwest Kalactin

NSRB VP League
2 - For Darmen
1 - Against Darmen

NSRB VP Sevens
5 - For Elejamie
2 - For Havynwilde

In line with the new constitution, Lisander is elected as NSRB President until 16th May 2021 or until two World Cups have been held in each of the three codes, whichever comes sooner.

The NSRB VP Union position remains open, protocol on what to do in this instance has not been officially established, so it is up to Lisander and the other elected Section VPs to decide what to do with respect to the open position.

Darmen is re-elected as NSRB VP League, and will remain so until after RLWC 20 has concluded.

Elejamie is re-elected as NSRB VP Sevens, and will remain so until after R7WC 7 has concluded.
Puppet of Apox
Map

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Wed May 20, 2020 7:29 am

Rugby Sevens now have its most recent update in ranks, post R7WC 5. If you notice some inconsistency, please get in touch.

-Lisander
Last edited by NS Rugby Board Executive Council on Wed May 20, 2020 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 am

Sign-ups for the 19th Rugby League World Cup are now OPEN.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:41 am

Belated congrats on the RUCT win, Darmen.
My Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports