NATION

PASSWORD

NS Rugby Discussion Thread (v.2)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bvriania
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bvriania » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Lisander wrote:While the series of sevens does not start and we wait for news of The Valhallan Union about SEASOGS, and considering that my Polo tournament did not take off, I've been thinking about some other Union tournament, this time for youth players. Would you prefer a Junior Club Championship, a College Championship or a U-20 Championship, or maybe none and we should wait for the sevens?

BTW, This is not a NSRB initiative. This is just plain old me gathering interest

U-20 Tournament sounds the best. I know there was an U20 World Cup for one edition (an utter disaster reading over it), then the owner CTEd.
Last edited by Bvriania on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quarterfinals of the 25th Rugby World Cup
Winner of the Bowl at the Third Annual AVBF Sevens

Founder and Leader of the Mercantile Party

Spaam
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 am

Lisander wrote:The problem lies on the usability. I made a copy of Spaamanian RL Scorinator, but I wasn't able to use it. It lacks instructions and I haven't seen a way to deal with rankings and coefficients.

I have added instructions to the scorinator - I hope that they are clear enough. If there is anything that isn't, please let me know so I can improve it.
Yes, that Spaam
Runner-up WC7, WC13 & CoH24, Third WC6 & CoH20
(Co-)Host CoH3, CoH19, CoH20, CoH22, BoF19, BoF65, IC3
Winner AFLC3, Runner-up QWC7
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:22 pm

AVBF | URSA | FREEDOM | SAVOJAR INT'L | WATSON'S BAY

The Series

All proposed events for this season were accepted by the ones voting.
with 4 votes: URSA Sevens, Watson's Bay Sevens
with 3 votes: Freedom Sevens, Savojar International Sevens

Unfortunately, because of RL issues, Port Louis Sevens and Londinium Sevens will not return for this season. From the last season, only AVBF Sevens keeps. The dates are still TBD, and the NSRB Council will telegram the newly elected hosts to set-up a calendar.

Point System

To define the NSRB Sevens Series Champion, a point system was developed. To the champion of each tournament will be assigned 16 points, to the runner up 15; to the third-placed team, 14; and so on, until the 16th placed team will be assigned one point. The 16 nations with more points at the end of the five events will earn a spot in Rugby Sevens World Cup.
Last edited by NS Rugby Board Executive Council on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Hello, ruggers!

My classes have recently started over and I'm a bit overwhelmed. However, the delay in returning Seasogs is bothering me a bit.

I know I can't force The Valhallan Union to appear and start the tournament. After all personal life always comes first, so I informed it as well as inform you now. If we don't have news until the end of the Sevens Olympic event, I will re-establish the former premier international rugby tournament between clubs, the Rugby World Challenge Cup.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:27 am

Bvriania wrote:
Lisander wrote:While the series of sevens does not start and we wait for news of The Valhallan Union about SEASOGS, and considering that my Polo tournament did not take off, I've been thinking about some other Union tournament, this time for youth players. Would you prefer a Junior Club Championship, a College Championship or a U-20 Championship, or maybe none and we should wait for the sevens?

BTW, This is not a NSRB initiative. This is just plain old me gathering interest

U-20 Tournament sounds the best. I know there was an U20 World Cup for one edition (an utter disaster reading over it), then the owner CTEd.

Same. A proper NSRB-sanctioned U20 cup would probably work wonders, especially since the first U20 RWC (which was its own thing) was a bit of a clustermess (for reasons we don't want to get into) and the second one didn't really get past the sign-ups; it didn't really help that sign-ups for the second tournament opened up not long after the first one ended.

Also, I'm not sure if Neu Engollon wanted to do this himself or anything like that but sign-ups for the third AVBF 7s (and the first stop on our NSRB Sevens Series) is now open.

Also also, which one of us would be keeping track of the Sevens Series scores? Me, Lisander or NE? Just figured I should ask now, just in case.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:53 am

I think we can all keep track collectively. We have the spreadsheet courtesy of Racao/Ceni. Thanks Elejamie for posting that link.

To be clear, we are carrying over the rank bonus from the previous 7's cycle and not wiping the slate clean, correct?
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:I think we can all keep track collectively. We have the spreadsheet courtesy of Racao/Ceni. Thanks Elejamie for posting that link.

To be clear, we are carrying over the rank bonus from the previous 7's cycle and not wiping the slate clean, correct?

Yes, we are carrying. Not using this points is nonsense, since these points refer to previous tournaments. We don't start from zero over and over. All nations fought hard these points. Keep them (until they are replaced with more updated points) is the right thing to do.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Lisander wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:I think we can all keep track collectively. We have the spreadsheet courtesy of Racao/Ceni. Thanks Elejamie for posting that link.

Yes, we are carrying. Not using this points is nonsense, since these points refer to previous tournaments. We don't start from zero over and over. All nations fought hard these points. Keep them (until they are replaced with more updated points) is the right thing to do.

Second. However, are we going to update the rankings after each tournament or after each series?

That makes sense. Besides, I figured I should ask just so we're on the same page. Now, we've got to find a way to get it all down (I would say Google Sheets but I'm not sure how that would work since there's three of us).

Also, you're welcome Neu Engollon. Although I'm sorry I didn't ask first before posting the link, I figured I might as well let everyone who's posted here know that we've got a sevens tournament up, since it would just show up in their View Your Posts thing.

P.S. Best of luck in the Olympic Sevens, NE. And apologies to Lisander for beating you.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Elejamie wrote:Second. However, are we going to update the rankings after each tournament or after each series?

After each tournament. It allows more movement in rankings, give newcomers the chance to climb quickly and encourage nations already ranked to keep participating.

Elejamie wrote:That makes sense. Besides, I figured I should ask just so we're on the same page. Now, we've got to find a way to get it all down (I would say Google Sheets but I'm not sure how that would work since there's three of us).

Also, you're welcome Neu Engollon. Although I'm sorry I didn't ask first before posting the link, I figured I might as well let everyone who's posted here know that we've got a sevens tournament up, since it would just show up in their View Your Posts thing.

P.S. Best of luck in the Olympic Sevens, NE. And apologies to Lisander for beating you.

RECORD OF PREVIOUS GAMES BETWEEN LISANDER AND ELEJAMIE:
RT&T Stadium (New City, Orlandiana, FFR) Lisander 8-7 Elejamie RWC 25, Round of 16
Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch D (Burgunden, NEG) Lisander 19-26 Elejamie AVBF Sevens 2, Pool Stage

Think of it as a revenge.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Lisander wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Second. However, are we going to update the rankings after each tournament or after each series?

After each tournament. It allows more movement in rankings, give newcomers the chance to climb quickly and encourage nations already ranked to keep participating.

Makes sense. Besides, if we had a choice, I would've said "after each tournament" because of that.

Lisander wrote:
Elejamie wrote:That makes sense. Besides, I figured I should ask just so we're on the same page. Now, we've got to find a way to get it all down (I would say Google Sheets but I'm not sure how that would work since there's three of us).

RECORD OF PREVIOUS GAMES BETWEEN LISANDER AND ELEJAMIE:
RT&T Stadium (New City, Orlandiana, FFR) Lisander 8-7 Elejamie RWC 25, Round of 16
Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch D (Burgunden, NEG) Lisander 19-26 Elejamie AVBF Sevens 2, Pool Stage

Think of it as a revenge.

I was talking about my team beating you 21-19 in the Olympic Sevens. But still, if they haven't, then one of these days your sevens team will beat mine. Maybe in a Cup final or something, just to make it even more satisfying.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Elejamie wrote:I was talking about my team beating you 21-19 in the Olympic Sevens. But still, if they haven't, then one of these days your sevens team will beat mine. Maybe in a Cup final or something, just to make it even more satisfying.

I know. They're getting closer.

26-19, 21-19. If the math is right, next game will be Lisander 19-14 Elejamie.

Litorea
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Alright, I do believe I'll try to get back into the rugby scene soon, now that I'm working on what Litorea's cities actually are. Any ETA on Seasogs or any major tourneys?

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:14 am

Litorea wrote:Alright, I do believe I'll try to get back into the rugby scene soon, now that I'm working on what Litorea's cities actually are. Any ETA on Seasogs or any major tourneys?

Sign-ups for the third AVBF 7s are open, if you want a go. I mean, it might not seem like much but, since we've decided to make a new NSRB Sevens Series instead of having separate sevens tournaments, it might still be worth doing. Especially since the top sixteen teams at the end of the series go on to the Sevens World Cup.

I'm not sure about Seasogs, though. Hopefully Lisander or Neu Engollon will answer that.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 am

Elejamie wrote:.
I'm not sure about Seasogs, though. Hopefully Lisander or Neu Engollon will answer that.

I keep waiting an answer from The Polar Islandstates about Seasogs. As an alternative, I'm planning a comeback of the Rugby World Challenge Cup, if it doesn't answer me in the next days. It would take a little since college stuff and other Lisander stuff are in the way too.

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am

Hello folks,

Sorry for not being super active in rugby of late. Decreasing RL time has meant that I haven't been able to be super involved since returning from hiatus in April.

However, I've set up a tournament in-the-mould-of-but-not-actually-Seasogs over in the Domestic Rugby Thread. Post is here for reference. This is not intended as a replacement for Seasogs, but since it's been two years now since the last edition, I figured we could do with a tournament to keep us going in the meantime until PIS is able to be active, long term on here.

I plan on running more than one of these tournaments until PIS' return, so if their current absence turns out to be permanent (I hope not), I guess this could become more official with ranks and such? Let me know what you all think.

In the meantime, if anyone wants a domestic rugby tournament, feel free to enter teams into the Dwile International Tournament, with about one week until I score it.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am

Thank you, Apox. I guess I gotta add that to my plate as I need to get in on that.

The AVBF Rugby 7's Everything Thread is now up. Start a' roster postin'!

TGs have gone out to all participants, as well.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:08 am

EDIT:
SEVENS RANKINGS UPDATED
If you notice some error or problem, please PM me.

AVBF is finished! Thanks Neu Engollon for this great tournament. Commiserations to Elejamie, but I'm sure the final match was a great match, one more dignified chapter in the history of our rivalry. Now we're 2-2!

Lisander wrote:
Elejamie wrote:I was talking about my team beating you 21-19 in the Olympic Sevens. But still, if they haven't, then one of these days your sevens team will beat mine. Maybe in a Cup final or something, just to make it even more satisfying.

I know. They're getting closer.

26-19, 21-19. If the math is right, next game will be Lisander 19-14 Elejamie.

You nailed it. I narrowly missed this one.

I'll work on the rankings today, as well as in the Series Rankings. Since AVBF didn't had round to define 3rd and 4th place in Cup and plate, the positions will be assigned by the results in the previous matches on the event.

Sevens Series Hosts, I added some informations or our private notepad, I'd like to confirm some things about the next tournament with all of you.
Last edited by Lisander on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:26 am

Lisander wrote:AVBF is finished! Thanks Neu Engollon for this great tournament. Commiserations to Elejamie, but I'm sure the final match was a great match, one more dignified chapter in the history of our rivalry. Now we're 2-2!

Congratulations to you, Lisander. And congratulations to our Plate and Bowl winners, Natanians and Nosts (Plate) and Bvriania (Bowl). Commisserations go to Neu Engollon and The Kiaser Colonies, as their puppets (Hutanjia and New South Munster) were the other runners-up.

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 pm

I am currently in a shortage of Internet access, but Elejamie remind me of posting this here: URSA Sevens signups are open, plus a new tournament for developing your rugby Roleplaying even more, the LARFC Sevens. [url=‎https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=425335]Click here to reach the topic.[/url]
Last edited by Lisander on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 pm

is there any Rugby based RPs here(im new to the NS sports scene)
Last edited by The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422664

Been on NS since 2014
Right Leaning Centrist Kinda Libertarian Kinda Republican Take Your Pick

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:32 am

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia wrote:is there any Rugby based RPs here(im new to the NS sports scene)

Sign-ups for the URSA Sevens and LARFC Sevens are here if you're interested in taking part in a rugby sevens tournament. If that's not your cup of tea then the Rugby World Cup or Rugby League World Cup should be starting soon.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Come on people!! Let's get signed up for the URSA Sevens! This is the second event, but not the last, in the NSRB Sevens circuit. If you participated in the AVBF 7's, this is the next step. Lisander will be back shortly to keep things flowing, but in the meantime, let's get in there. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll have time to send out TGs to all the participants of the AVBF 7's reminding them of the URSA 7's. A lot of you did very well, and most of you earned some points. Let's keep it going. You can at least post a roster, right?

Also, the LARFC 7's should be pretty fun, but don't get too intimidated about creating multiple rosters that you don't sign up for either. At least do the URSA, if nothing else. I mean - Come on! Simple copy and paste from your AVBF 7's roster, yeah? Yay URSA! Yay Sevens! Yay RUGBY! Do eeeet!
My Factbook

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Apologies if Lisander wanted to do it himself but, as your Sevens VP, I'd like to remind everyone that the ICs for the URSA Sevens and the LARFC Lions Sevens are now both open.

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 am

Cross-posting here to let folks know that with PIS still absent, I'm going to be running another Dwile International Tournament in his absence, with the cut-off for teams being 21st November!

Two teams allowed per nation, and I'll create ranks in a similar way to UICA for this edition as well as come up with a logo.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports