NATION

PASSWORD

International Hockey Discussion Thread (OOC, version II)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Savojarna wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:Anyone interested in reviving WJHC

Definitely, and I'd be bidding but I currently don't really have time (or rather, I'd only have time with a later window, i.e. mid-August forwards)

I think if we want a WJHC we should wait after the next WCoH. Normally Val opened the signups for the WCoH at same time of the Di Bradini Cup, to hold the tournament just before the soccer WC but she didn't, so I believe she'll open the signups at some point during the WC so it can start after it.
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Guess who's back

Postby Gyatso-kai » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 am

For the first time since 2015, I am sitting in my apartment on a computer, typing a Forum post....

Just wanted to make my first post back with full internet (not through my phone) here on the old Hockey thread. I cannot wait until the next WCoH comes around!
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:12 am

Gyatso-kai wrote:For the first time since 2015, I am sitting in my apartment on a computer, typing a Forum post....

Just wanted to make my first post back with full internet (not through my phone) here on the old Hockey thread. I cannot wait until the next WCoH comes around!

Good to see you back again! Look forward to seeing your squad back on the ice.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:42 am

Gyatso-kai wrote:For the first time since 2015, I am sitting in my apartment on a computer, typing a Forum post....

Welcome back!

First up, apologies for the lack of a World Cup of Hockey since *checks watch* January, though I'm hoping to open sign-ups for the next one sometime next week if I don't get beaten to it or if I don't get overruled. Because, to be honest, a six month gap between world cups of ice hockey is kind of ridiculous. I was hoping we'd have one in April/May but, sadly, we didn't; if we did then whoever posted the sign-ups should've put it here. So yeah, there's that to hopefully look forward to.

I'm also planning on opening elections for a new WCoH President and VP after it. Val said she wanted to stand down a couple of editions ago (but deleted my post announcing new elections) whereas I never wanted the job in the first place, so hopefully a couple of fresh new faces would put an end to this eternal president and eternal VP situation and bring this sport back to the glory it once was.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:

I'm justbsad I missed out on you getting a Cup!!! Talk about a long time coming!!!!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Gyatso-kai wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

I'm justbsad I missed out on you getting a Cup!!! Talk about a long time coming!!!!

Yeah, thanks. It's a shame it wasn't under the tenure of the Avatarian Coach Liu, but he moved on before then.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:39 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Gyatso-kai wrote:

Yeah, thanks. It's a shame it wasn't under the tenure of the Avatarian Coach Liu, but he moved on before then.

That would have been something else. :)

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 am

Seeing as it's almost mid October, any thoughts on the next edition?
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

World Cup of Hockey Federation
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby World Cup of Hockey Federation » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:49 pm

World Cup of Hockey Federation
Latest tournament (49)Post-49 RankingDiscussion Thread

WCoHF Headquarters: TBD
Federation President: Erji Tehauden (F, Ko-oren, cycle 50-52) - Emmeline Clough-Bather (F, Quebec & Shingoryeo, cycle 47-49)

Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding World Cup of Hockey to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Quebec and Shingoryeo (President, cycle 47-49) or Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current World Cup of Hockey Federation President. At present, that is Quebec and Shingoryeo (President, cycle 47-49) or Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Seeing the sign ups... So excited to see some familiar faces in the list. :)

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:15 am

Hey all, I'm back.

Lately, I've been checking up on our sheets and everything like that and I've noticed that the old transfer sheet has been deleted. Not too sure if a new one's been made yet, but if not then I'm planning on creating a brand new one and will hold onto a back-up copy since I'll enable it to be edited by everyone who has access to the link.

If anyone has any questions, comments, objections, or anything like that let me know.

EDIT: I made one just in case. Here's the link. I can also toss editing abilities to the WCoH heads if they need me to.
Last edited by Ontorisa on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am

Ontorisa wrote:Hey all, I'm back.

Lately, I've been checking up on our sheets and everything like that and I've noticed that the old transfer sheet has been deleted. Not too sure if a new one's been made yet, but if not then I'm planning on creating a brand new one and will hold onto a back-up copy since I'll enable it to be edited by everyone who has access to the link.

If anyone has any questions, comments, objections, or anything like that let me know.

EDIT: I made one just in case. Here's the link. I can also toss editing abilities to the WCoH heads if they need me to.

I might have a backup of the original but it will be a few hours before I can check. No one should have deleted it.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:49 pm

No luck finding it, but I haven't given up hope yet. Whoever was the original host might have deleted their account or changed permissions.
My Factbook

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:No luck finding it, but I haven't given up hope yet. Whoever was the original host might have deleted their account or changed permissions.

It was done by Lisander, so you might want to get in contact with him.

Worst comes to worst, we just make a new one.

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Perfect timing on that transfer sheet, I was just about to push out a new season of domestic AIHF hockey, I'll be sure to throw out some players that ya'll are free to have :)
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Question: Is everyone OK with me resurrecting the old ice hockey friendlies thread, which hasn't been active since the end of 2017, or should we make a new one? Because I'm looking for a scorinator for one match and I'm up for a game against another nation.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Elejamie wrote:Question: Is everyone OK with me resurrecting the old ice hockey friendlies thread, which hasn't been active since the end of 2017, or should we make a new one? Because I'm looking for a scorinator for one match and I'm up for a game against another nation.

If you're cool with annihilating an unranked in a friendly, I'm your main man.
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:46 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:No luck finding it, but I haven't given up hope yet. Whoever was the original host might have deleted their account or changed permissions.

It was done by Lisander, so you might want to get in contact with him.

Worst comes to worst, we just make a new one.

Lisander did do it and I was in touch with him, but he had sadly lost it to the ether. I had almost lost hope, but guess what...

I found a copy. Yay! :clap:

I feel kinda stupid not finding it before, but a lot of other hockey stuff came up in searches and that must have been at the very bottom of the que.
It's over 2 years old, so we may have lost some data between the loss of Lisander's version and the last update I did on this one, but at least it's not a total loss of data.
Now, that being said, I'm all for a newer streamlined format like the one that was proposed. I just didn't want to lose the past data and have us all start from scratch.

EDIT: Anyone can now edit with the link and add in their players and leagues. I went ahead and made another backup copy for security sake.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:Snip

If you want, give me a few days and I can input the info from the old one into the new one.

I'm gonna sound biased, but the new one just seems more cleaner and a lil easier to navigate.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 am

Alright guys,

So after a bunch of tough work, I've actually migrated the majority of the data on the old transfer sheet to the one I've set up. There are a number of blanks since the new sheet has a different criteria (both for RP and info purposes, but also for immersion) and also because I felt uncomfortable handling information I didn't know about other people's players/leagues.

I'd just double check your leagues and players listed to make sure everything is okay and to fill out the missing information. If there are any issues, just gimme a heads up.

Cheers y'all.

Here's the link again to the new one.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm

Ontorisa wrote:Alright guys,

So after a bunch of tough work, I've actually migrated the majority of the data on the old transfer sheet to the one I've set up. There are a number of blanks since the new sheet has a different criteria (both for RP and info purposes, but also for immersion) and also because I felt uncomfortable handling information I didn't know about other people's players/leagues.

I'd just double check your leagues and players listed to make sure everything is okay and to fill out the missing information. If there are any issues, just gimme a heads up.

Cheers y'all.

Here's the link again to the new one.

Looks pretty good, but a small criticism. It looks like some of the clubs the players originated from were not carried over from the old sheet. That's pretty important RP info for a lot of folks. Just because a league isn't listed, I don't think that means the club or university is null.
My Factbook

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:Looks pretty good, but a small criticism. It looks like some of the clubs the players originated from were not carried over from the old sheet. That's pretty important RP info for a lot of folks. Just because a league isn't listed, I don't think that means the club or university is null.

Oh the Caujan players? Yeah those are my puppet's. I'm just saying they got drafted into my national league or something.

Everything else is the same, I've just cleaned up the players I have control over. Like I've said before, I didn't want to touch anyone else's players with a ten foot pole because they're not mine.

If that's not what you were referencing though, could you point it out to me specifically so I can fix it up?
Last edited by Ontorisa on Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:28 am

A question for Ontorisa: can I put my league into this sheet by myself or would I have to run it by you first before it can be added?
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:23 am

Abanhfleft wrote:A question for Ontorisa: can I put my league into this sheet by myself or would I have to run it by you first before it can be added?

Yup! I have certain sections open to public, anonymous editing for that exact reason. Everything that can be edited is free game, and does not need approval to be edited (granted whatever you're editing belongs to you and you only).

You don't need to run anything by me except for completed transfers or if you feel like the Hub is missing something!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:30 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:Looks pretty good, but a small criticism. It looks like some of the clubs the players originated from were not carried over from the old sheet. That's pretty important RP info for a lot of folks. Just because a league isn't listed, I don't think that means the club or university is null.

Oh the Caujan players? Yeah those are my puppet's. I'm just saying they got drafted into my national league or something.

Everything else is the same, I've just cleaned up the players I have control over. Like I've said before, I didn't want to touch anyone else's players with a ten foot pole because they're not mine.

If that's not what you were referencing though, could you point it out to me specifically so I can fix it up?

It was actually the player from Glisandia. Their club was left off. It's not that big a deal and I could easily edit it myself, since the old sheet still exists as backup.

I guess in the general sense I'm concerned about what information is considered relevant vs what is not when it comes to what RP data/stats people are providing? Also, with that, is some data being cut or abridged? You said you're not touching other players' entries and I will take you at your word on that.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports