NATION

PASSWORD

International Hockey Discussion Thread (OOC, version II)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

World Cup of Hockey Federation
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby World Cup of Hockey Federation » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 am

Voting for the WCoH is now underway.
Latest tournament (49)Post-49 RankingDiscussion Thread

WCoHF Headquarters: TBD
Federation President: Erji Tehauden (F, Ko-oren, cycle 50-52) - Emmeline Clough-Bather (F, Quebec & Shingoryeo, cycle 47-49)

Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding World Cup of Hockey to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Quebec and Shingoryeo (President, cycle 47-49) or Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current World Cup of Hockey Federation President. At present, that is Quebec and Shingoryeo (President, cycle 47-49) or Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am

Elejamie wrote:Question: Is everyone OK with me resurrecting the old ice hockey friendlies thread, which hasn't been active since the end of 2017, or should we make a new one? Because I'm looking for a scorinator for one match and I'm up for a game against another nation.

Again, is everyone OK with a gravedig or a new thread? Because it'd be a good idea for your guys to get some matches in before they officially take to the rink.

P.S. Updated the WCoH Federation's signature to show the post-WCoH37 rankings and points.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:It was actually the player from Glisandia. Their club was left off. It's not that big a deal and I could easily edit it myself, since the old sheet still exists as backup.

I just copy and pasted what was on the old transfer sheet. It said they were a Free Agent, so I abridged it to FA.

Neu Engollon wrote:I guess in the general sense I'm concerned about what information is considered relevant vs what is not when it comes to what RP data/stats people are providing? Also, with that, is some data being cut or abridged? You said you're not touching other players' entries and I will take you at your word on that.

Essentially, everything that I have listed on the tables I feel like gives a general sense for the league and players. I feel like a general playing style that fits a certain mold instead of having long sentences of describing how a player plays does a better job and saves a lot of space. Additionally, I've essentially just made the last league/team played in/with super small since I feel it wasn't as important. Height and weight were re-added, just because I wanted to also include the player's league stats so you are able to take it with a grain of salt. Transfer value was also added just so when nations bid for a player, they have a rough estimate on what the international consensus of a player is. Obviously, scout's honor on that since we all expect a 30-year old player who's been a 20-point minor leaguer not to have that much value versus a young player who's coming off of a 50-point season in a nation's top league.

As per leagues, I have the financial stuff there for (obviously) the financial strength of a league. I just kept the unanglicized names just because everyone uses the abbreviations anyways.

And yeah, other than just shortening up abbreviations that I knew, info that was present on the old sheet and standardizing the position abbreviations, I didn't touch any of the players' entries.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks again for hosting, Savojarna.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:09 am

Thanks for hosting! Looking forward to the next one
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:51 am

Yeah, as a result of that group stage exit, amongst a few other things which are bigger reasons for this post, I've decided to step down as World Cup of Hockey Federation VP. Probably won't compete in future editions as well but we shall see.

On a more positive note: Congrats to Neu Engollon for your second consecutive World Cup of Hockey trophy. Best of luck with your threepeat attempt.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:55 am

2023-2024 Buffalo Bills Season Failed

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:56 am

Elejamie wrote:Yeah, as a result of that group stage exit, amongst a few other things which are bigger reasons for this post, I've decided to step down as World Cup of Hockey Federation VP. Probably won't compete in future editions as well but we shall see.

On a more positive note: Congrats to Neu Engollon for your second consecutive World Cup of Hockey trophy. Best of luck with your threepeat attempt.

Thank you. I hope you reconsider your decision. NS Hockey will be at a great loss without you.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Question: Is everyone OK with me resurrecting the old ice hockey friendlies thread, which hasn't been active since the end of 2017, or should we make a new one? Because I'm looking for a scorinator for one match and I'm up for a game against another nation.

Again, is everyone OK with a gravedig or a new thread? Because it'd be a good idea for your guys to get some matches in before they officially take to the rink.

P.S. Updated the WCoH Federation's signature to show the post-WCoH37 rankings and points.

Sorry for my delay in answering. I recently got my PC back up and running that has xkoranate on it. I can score some friendlies, and also participate in some. I have a region mate that was also thinking of hosting a hockey tournament in Teremara that would also include out-of-region invites. If anyone is interested in that, let me know.

Also, I thought it would be cool if we did some kind of club tournament with a max number of teams per nation participating where it's actually RP'd between scoring. (2-3 team max?) Lisander hosts a rugby version with the LRFC Invitational. I think that the UICA is like that too? idk.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:20 pm

Sorry for so many posts in a row. Last one I promise.

This already exists:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1159
My Factbook

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:Sorry for so many posts in a row. Last one I promise.

This already exists:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1159

This is not a domestic league. Its open for all nations and I just want members. Its a seperate league
2023-2024 Buffalo Bills Season Failed

Pius Desurongcrandis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pius Desurongcrandis » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Oxes Republic wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:Sorry for so many posts in a row. Last one I promise.

This already exists:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1159

This is not a domestic league. Its open for all nations and I just want members. Its a seperate league

We can halt playing during the other ones season

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:54 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Yeah, as a result of that group stage exit, amongst a few other things which are bigger reasons for this post, I've decided to step down as World Cup of Hockey Federation VP. Probably won't compete in future editions as well but we shall see.

Thank you. I hope you reconsider your decision. NS Hockey will be at a great loss without you.

I probably won't. I'll take part in that regional tournament you're proposing (since we agreed to over Discord) but that'll be the last ice hockey-related thing I do here on NS Sports. Because I am seriously done with it. And no, this isn't to do with my group stage exit (though it proves one of the reasons why I'm quitting), it's something I've actually been considering for a while.

P.S. Thanks for answering my question. A bit too late now (for the simple reason that I was hoping to get some pre-tournament friendlies going) but at least I finally got a reply.

Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby World Cup of Hockey Federation » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Singups are now open.
Latest tournament (49)Post-49 RankingDiscussion Thread

WCoHF Headquarters: TBD
Federation President: Erji Tehauden (F, Ko-oren, cycle 50-52) - Emmeline Clough-Bather (F, Quebec & Shingoryeo, cycle 47-49)

Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding World Cup of Hockey to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Quebec and Shingoryeo (President, cycle 47-49) or Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current World Cup of Hockey Federation President. At present, that is Quebec and Shingoryeo (President, cycle 47-49) or Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:04 am

Alright. Since I probably won't have time to RP much this WCoH, expect my roster to be an U-18 one. But it will be up sometime today.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 am

Thank you for the fantastic hosting of the event, Kelssek. We are privileged to win this championship!
Will RP it later tonight.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:22 am

Congrats Cass on winning the World Cup of Hockey!

Congrats Kelssek on doing such a great job of hosting!
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:02 am

Congratulations Cass for your title and big thanks to Kelssek for hosting a wonderful tournament.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 am

Congratulations and thanks to all! Until next time!
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 am

Thanks for the kind words, all, and congrats to Cassadaigua on your second title. I enjoyed reading all your RPs, even if Margaret was very cruel.

A couple thoughts for future hosts to consider: In retrospect I'd have gone with bigger groups, for more matchdays, and so more people get to play against each other. You can't always predict participation, but some groups ended up with only one or even no one RPing the games. And then one had four people active, with the unfortunate implication that a lot of active people got eliminated early.
Last edited by Kelssek on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:15 am

Hey y'all, reminder that we have a transfer spreadsheet that you're able to use to beef up your domestic league and to examine any free agents :)

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:23 am

Belated congrats to Cassadaigua and to everyone who put in effort and did well. Thanks to host Kelssek. Looking forward to the next one as possible redemption.

All for putting some new life into the transfer sheet.
My Factbook

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 am

Neu Engollon wrote:All for putting some new life into the transfer sheet.

Blushing, thank you :)

Additionally, belated congratulations to Cassadaigua on capturing your title!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:29 am

Just a preventative post to head this off before it becomes an issue:
So everyone doesn't get on NW Kalactin's case, he TG'd me for advice because he can't access Google Docs. I told him to go ahead and list the players he wants to post, along with as much detail as possible, and someone, me when I get to it, if no one else volunteers, could post them up on the transfer sheet for him. So that post is inbound.
My Factbook

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:55 am

Players
Victor Robinson
Position: LW
Type of player: Power Forward
Height: 6-3
Weight: 220
Current Team: NW Kalactin U-20 team