NATION

PASSWORD

The World Cup Discussion Thread (OOC, Version IV)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Squidroidia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm

This was a good opening cycle for me. BoF 3rd place, 5th in my qualification group with some strong nations, let's not forget about that IAC 3rd too... As someone who only got back into NationStates at the start of the summer when the quarantine stuff was out of whack, I did well for a first timer. I wish everyone luck at the playoffs or the World Cup proper, and I hope to get a Cup of Harmony invite for pouring my time into this.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Squidroidia wrote:This was a good opening cycle for me. BoF 3rd place, 5th in my qualification group with some strong nations, let's not forget about that IAC 3rd too... As someone who only got back into NationStates at the start of the summer when the quarantine stuff was out of whack, I did well for a first timer. I wish everyone luck at the playoffs or the World Cup proper, and I hope to get a Cup of Harmony invite for pouring my time into this.

That is a very strong first cycle. Good job, Squid!

Cheers to everyone in Group 6 for a great couple of weeks. It's a shame the group couldn't have been tighter at the end.

Now, to find out whether Darmen are going to let me into the World Cup or toss me into the CoH...

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Kandorith wrote:
Silver Commonwealth wrote:Yeah, I already noticed that - I think that I saw a hockey RP, Rugby RP, and a NS form of NASCAR if I remember correctly. :p That said, I am not sure when I will participate in a different NS sports RP (Or in the future World Cup), because I have a lot of other NS-related things in queue. :/ Another thing is also the exams, especially considering that I am not the best at maths rn.

World Cup roleplay is best roleplay! Anyway, welcome to this vast, diverse and often absolutely strange community. :p

Well, from what I have noticed it is already better than the war RPs in International Incidents, especially because FT and higher tech levels don't affect how you are going to perform in sports.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 am

Squidroidia wrote:This was a good opening cycle for me. BoF 3rd place, 5th in my qualification group with some strong nations, let's not forget about that IAC 3rd too... As someone who only got back into NationStates at the start of the summer when the quarantine stuff was out of whack, I did well for a first timer. I wish everyone luck at the playoffs or the World Cup proper, and I hope to get a Cup of Harmony invite for pouring my time into this.

Really good performance for you, coming from a really difficult group and yet get some results.

Also on another note, after the WCQ fantasy, anyone up for some prediction game for both the World Cup and Cup of Harmony? I am looking at the following set of rules, if anyone has any suggestions about how to make it better, feel free to point them out!

Poafmersia's WC86/CoH78 Prediction Game!
You may not have gotten into the World Cup, but I am sure you have in mind who are deserving World Cup winners! Why not you tell us how the World Cup will unfold from top to end, and see how accurate you are?

The Prediction Game would only require 1 entry, before the competitions begin, where you predict every single result. You start with the Group Stage - you name the results for every match. Based on how you name the results for every match, the knockout bracket would be generated as such. You then predict those results, all the way up to the Finals and the Bronze Medal Match.

Here is how the points will be awarded.
For every match in the Group Stage -
1 point for every correct result you predict.
2 point for every exact scoreline you predict.

For every match in the Knockout Stages -
2 points for every correct result you predict.
3 points for every exact scoreline you predict.
Here is the catch - you must get the exact match correct. Meaning, there must exist such a match in that particular stage between those 2 opponents. (Eg. If I predict that Group A winners are Ko-oren, and Group B runners-up, who play the Group A winners in the Round of 16, is The Holy Empire. I can then gain points if I predict the result between Ko-oren and The Holy Empire in the Round of 16 correctly)

On top of that, at the start of every stage in the Knockout Stages -
1 point for every team that you accurately predict to be in that stage. (Eg. If I predict Baker Park to only reach the Quarterfinals, and they reach the finals, I gain 2 points for predicting correctly that they are in the Round of 16 and the Quarterfinals)
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Recuecn wrote: Just as an FYI, the KPB does actually have a provision to make sure that it's never worse to qualify for the World Cup than it is to not qualify: in addition to the points/game calculations, you also get a flat 3-point KPB bonus if you qualify.

Oh right fair enough, that's a good idea.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 pm

I agree...you have done an excellent job, as have several of your BOF class. Wise nations know to keep an eye on up & comers.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:31 pm

Silver Commonwealth wrote:Well, the World Cup 86 so far has been enjoyable for me. NS Sports are waters with which I am not the most familiar, and this is the first time I have joined such a RP, but that is what makes it particularly fun for me. Either way, I hope that The Holy Empire (And Audioslavia if they get through Playoffs) manage to do well in the rest of the tournament!

Of course we will be more than happy if you choose to enter for WC87, or any other event that interests you. Good job, and Good Luck!
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 21, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Princess Mi Amore Cadenza » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 pm

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
Proud Member of the Pony Lands
Puppet Nation of the Equestrian States

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 am

Blessing in disguise. Just reached over 60000 words for TWGS, so maybe I should just aim for 600000.......anyhow, congratulations to the winning team of the CoH bid votes.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:22 am

Congrats Ethane and Syle, looking forward to this version of CoH

That will hopefully be one of my only few
johnathan

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:37 am

Congrats to Sylestone and Ethane for winning the host vote, commersiations to the other bidders. While I of course would much rather be participating in the World Cup proper I'm excited for the CoH.
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 am

Thank you to those who voted for us. I'm glad you've decided to trust us for this Cup of Harmony, and we will do our best to make sure it runs smoothly and is an enjoyable experience for all. Thanks to Quebec and S&T for bidding as well; you put out a good bid and I'm sure you'll be hosting (again) soon enough.

Just so you're aware, we're looking to get the CoH thread, and start sending out invites, from this evening UTC, or morning AEST. If you're invited, you'll receive a TG on Nationstates (or a discord PM if your username is easy to find in the NSSports Discord). Please respond back to these invitations as soon as possible - it's important that we know final numbers so that we can adjust the format where necessary, or invite 'cusp' nations who just miss out on an invitation. We'll post a link here once the thread is up.

We're really looking forward to hosting you in Ethane and Sylestone for the 78th Cup of Harmony, and we hope you are looking forward to it to.

Edited to clear up language.
Last edited by Ethane on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 am

Also a congratulations from me to Sylestone and Ethan. Good luck on hosting the prestigious Cup of Harmony. No pressure at all :p

One note though, sending out invites today already: wouldn't it be better to wait after the playoffs are done?

Or is my tiredness catching up with me and am I being an idiot now?
Last edited by Kandorith on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Megistos
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Megistos » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 am

PotatoFarmers wrote:

Really good performance for you, coming from a really difficult group and yet get some results.

Also on another note, after the WCQ fantasy, anyone up for some prediction game for both the World Cup and Cup of Harmony? I am looking at the following set of rules, if anyone has any suggestions about how to make it better, feel free to point them out!
Poafmersia's WC86/CoH78 Prediction Game!
You may not have gotten into the World Cup, but I am sure you have in mind who are deserving World Cup winners! Why not you tell us how the World Cup will unfold from top to end, and see how accurate you are?

The Prediction Game would only require 1 entry, before the competitions begin, where you predict every single result. You start with the Group Stage - you name the results for every match. Based on how you name the results for every match, the knockout bracket would be generated as such. You then predict those results, all the way up to the Finals and the Bronze Medal Match.

Here is how the points will be awarded.
For every match in the Group Stage -
1 point for every correct result you predict.
2 point for every exact scoreline you predict.

For every match in the Knockout Stages -
2 points for every correct result you predict.
3 points for every exact scoreline you predict.
Here is the catch - you must get the exact match correct. Meaning, there must exist such a match in that particular stage between those 2 opponents. (Eg. If I predict that Group A winners are Ko-oren, and Group B runners-up, who play the Group A winners in the Round of 16, is The Holy Empire. I can then gain points if I predict the result between Ko-oren and The Holy Empire in the Round of 16 correctly)

On top of that, at the start of every stage in the Knockout Stages -
1 point for every team that you accurately predict to be in that stage. (Eg. If I predict Baker Park to only reach the Quarterfinals, and they reach the finals, I gain 2 points for predicting correctly that they are in the Round of 16 and the Quarterfinals)

The prediction game is good, but maybe make a name for it :p
Ambassador To Canada

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Kandorith wrote:Also a congratulations from me to Sylestone and Ethan. Good luck on hosting the prestigious Cup of Harmony. No pressure at all :p

One note though, sending out invites today already: wouldn't it be better to wait after the playoffs are done?

Or is my tiredness catching up with me and am I being an idiot now?

It's common practice to send out invites in waves, because getting those acceptances in in a timely manner relieves some of the stress of hosting the CoH greatly. Those eliminated in the playoffs can simply be a part of the second wave of invites to go out.
Last edited by Mriin on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Yuezhou> I am willfully ignoring the existence of boats

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Wrong thread. I actually wrote my RP in this thread instead of the RP thread. xD
Last edited by Terre Septentrionale on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Squornshelous
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Squornshelous » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Terre Septentrionale wrote:Wrong thread. I actually wrote my RP in this thread instead of the RP thread. xD

I (quite impartially) move that Terre Septentrionale be immediately disqualified for this heinous misconduct. /s
The Provisional Republic of Squornshelous
Puppet of Squornshelan Remnant States
Trigram: SQU
KPB Ranking: 21.56 (34th)
World Cup 31 Champions
Runners Up: WC15 & WC38
Third Place: WC20, WC25
Semifinalist: WC18, WC27
Quarterfinalist: WC5, WC11, WC12, CoH6, WC22, WC30, WC32, WC33, WC34, WC40, CoH77
Second Round: WC6, WC7, WC9, WC16, WC21, WC23, WC24, WC28, WC36, WC37, WC39
Group Stage: WC8, WC10, WC13, WC17, WC19, WC26, WC29, WC35, WC41, CoH76, WC87
Worst Day of My Life: WC14
Other days that were not the absolute worst, but when we also didn't qualify: WC84, WC85, WC86, WC88

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Hey guys,

The Cup of Harmony Seventy-Eight Thread is now up.

Half of the invites have already been sent out, and Sylestone will be sending out the other half of the invites later. Please respond to these invites within 48 hours; it is important that we know who will be participating so we can sort out the logistics ready for a preliminary start near the end of September. We're in communication with the World Cup hosts to finalise dates. Keep an eye on the thread for updates regarding this, as well as pots, groups, and IC information over the next couple of days.

(Please note: Nations currently in the playoffs have not yet been invited. Invitations will be sent once playoff results are finalised. If there are still spaces left after playoff invitations, then we will invite the nations on the 'cusp' who missed out on an earlier invitation. This cycle has been highly competitive in terms of roleplay - I believe helped by the 2MDs every other day - so some nations who did just meet the minimum requirements have not yet been invited; this is because we have set a hard-cap of 64 nations, so have had to limit invitations.)
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 am

Sincere apologies for disappearing in the second half of qualifiers.

I'm dealing with some RL issues that have to take priority over NS Sports; my limited engagement with the site over the last couple of weeks has had to focus on moderation issues.

If RL permits, I'll try and be a little more active during the finals, but can't promise.

Again, apologies. I don't like to coast on rank, but sometimes RL has to take priority, even for us old farts.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:57 am

All right, so I've been leading toward my manager retiring after the Cup of Harmony.

If anyone has a relatively young manager who can commit to operating a balanced style and a 4-4-2 formation, I'm willing to entertain candidates.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm

I am considering trying one more time to host an event with hopes for once nothing behind the scenes backfires. In order to prevent issues from cropping up, I had the idea of making a solo bid with the promise of using "third parties" as consultants to help out with behind the scenes. I want to know what the WCC People think about this.

I wanna take every precaution possible to make sure I can finally have a smooth hosting gig.
Last edited by Xanneria on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:35 pm

I'd suggest starting small first with tournaments that are low intensity so you can get your feet wet.

Don't try hosting a big tournament before you're ready.

That's some of why I did smaller tournaments including first-time events. Once I got the mechanics down, I felt ready to tackle the bigger tournaments.

Megistos
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Megistos » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Sarzonia wrote:All right, so I've been leading toward my manager retiring after the Cup of Harmony.

If anyone has a relatively young manager who can commit to operating a balanced style and a 4-4-2 formation, I'm willing to entertain candidates.

We have Nichola Mentes, manager of the u-18 team that went to the semis in SWC 11.
Ambassador To Canada

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Megistos wrote:
Sarzonia wrote:All right, so I've been leading toward my manager retiring after the Cup of Harmony.

We have Nichola Mentes, manager of the u-18 team that went to the semis in SWC 11.

Ok, I was thinking of possibly roleplaying an interview between him and my FA boss. Perhaps in the CoH thread?

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Xanneria wrote:I am considering trying one more time to host an event with hopes for once nothing behind the scenes backfires. In order to prevent issues from cropping up, I had the idea of making a solo bid with the promise of using "third parties" as consultants to help out with behind the scenes. I want to know what the WCC People think about this.

I wanna take every precaution possible to make sure I can finally have a smooth hosting gig.

If you're committed to hosting I would advise you to prepare a regular joint bid with a more experienced partner for a non-WCC event, since I think this plan would grant you less oversight when you need more. I would also take the time to practice with the scorinator - really practice and experiment with different formulas, style modifiers, different ways of calculating and applying RP bonus - to get a good feel of what each thing does on its own and together. Being confident around the scorinator will carry over to fewer mistakes and allow you to make deliberate decisions regarding the bid details.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports