NATION

PASSWORD

The World Cup Discussion Thread (OOC, Version IV)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:57 am

Tumbra wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:I have 2 questions.

1. Is XKorinate frowned upon in the World Cup? If so, what is normally used, other than spreadsheets?
2. When is the next world cup? Can someone TG me when it is before applications close?

xkoranate is used.

Next world cup should be next year.

Just to clarify by next year we mean early 2017 not 1 year from now
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 am

1. Is XKorinate frowned upon in the World Cup? If so, what is normally used, other than spreadsheets?
2. When is the next world cup? Can someone TG me when it is before applications close?

1) Xkoranate is the scorinator typically used for the World Cup. The two formula options commonly used are SQIS and NSFS (either the standard versions or modified versions of those formulas) and style modifiers are usually xkoranate style mods rather than NSFS.

2) I'm hoping to put up my host bid for the next World Cup shortly after this one concludes, which should trigger the opening of the signup thread. I'd certainly like to see signups open for World Cup 77 before the end of November.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:59 am

Saintland wrote:

1) Xkoranate is the scorinator typically used for the World Cup. The two formula options commonly used are SQIS and NSFS (either the standard versions or modified versions of those formulas) and style modifiers are usually xkoranate style mods rather than NSFS.

2) I'm hoping to put up my host bid for the next World Cup shortly after this one concludes, which should trigger the opening of the signup thread. I'd certainly like to see signups open for World Cup 77 before the end of November.

Can I at least have it TGed, so I don't forget about it?
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Mercedini wrote:
Saintland wrote:Welsh Cowboy was very promising though (great RPer who almost qualified for the WC in his first cycle) and its a shame he didn't stick around...

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head apart from myself and Bonesea (maybe Arkan at a push) who is still active from the Class of '62.

Brigantii and Savalen are still around. They are just not s active as you and Bonesea.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Saintland wrote:

Can I at least have it TGed, so I don't forget about it?

Bluntly, no. Just check the subforum and read along with the World Cup as it happens.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Hasznia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hasznia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 am

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
Mercedini wrote:
I can't think of anyone off the top of my head apart from myself and Bonesea (maybe Arkan at a push) who is still active from the Class of '62.

Brigantii and Savalen are still around. They are just not s active as you and Bonesea.

However forgettable my performance, I was there.
Viva Esportiva!
Demonym: Hasznian/Hasznians
KPB points/ranking: 12.95/51st
OOC Reference for Hasznia

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:25 am

Hasznia wrote:However forgettable my performance, I was there.

Don't worry, you're coming along nicely. Shame you died away in the second half of qualis, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're in the final 32 next time around.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Hasznia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hasznia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:01 am

Krytenia wrote:
Hasznia wrote:However forgettable my performance, I was there.

Don't worry, you're coming along nicely. Shame you died away in the second half of qualis, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're in the final 32 next time around.

I appreciate that. This is the first nation I've had that's completed a WC cycle, let alone come close to qualifying, and I'm starting to understand the hype. I'm looking forward to the CoH/Runner Cup and the next cycle beyond.

Speaking of nations which failed to complete a World Cup cycle, shouts out to Bonesea for giving Taijan a dignified end and me some much-needed closure.
Last edited by Hasznia on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viva Esportiva!
Demonym: Hasznian/Hasznians
KPB points/ranking: 12.95/51st
OOC Reference for Hasznia

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 am

Hasznia wrote:
Krytenia wrote:Don't worry, you're coming along nicely. Shame you died away in the second half of qualis, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're in the final 32 next time around.

I appreciate that. This is the first nation I've had that's completed a WC cycle, let alone come close to qualifying, and I'm starting to understand the hype. I'm looking forward to the CoH/Runner Cup and the next cycle beyond.

Speaking of nations which failed to complete a World Cup cycle, shouts out to Bonesea for giving Taijan a dignified end and me some much-needed closure.

I know the feeling of coming close and not making it, IIRC this is the second cycle in a row that I've blown a lead in the group(and it's worse this time because I had one of the best possible groups to get out of) and not made it :/
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:23 am

Anglatia wrote:
Hasznia wrote:I appreciate that. This is the first nation I've had that's completed a WC cycle, let alone come close to qualifying, and I'm starting to understand the hype. I'm looking forward to the CoH/Runner Cup and the next cycle beyond.

I know the feeling of coming close and not making it, IIRC this is the second cycle in a row that I've blown a lead in the group(and it's worse this time because I had one of the best possible groups to get out of) and not made it :/

To be fair I did cause you to face Quebec in the playoffs, that was a very high seed team to face in a playoff.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Bonesea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bonesea » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Hasznia wrote:Speaking of nations which failed to complete a World Cup cycle, shouts out to Bonesea for giving Taijan a dignified end and me some much-needed closure.

You're welcome of course - I appreciate you giving me the lead on that and letting me run with it, I had much fun with it.
Half drowned in rum and succeeded by Tequilo
Factbook | Sportswire | Boney Jen
BoF '44 (Tamarindia) | NSWC '65 (Wight) | CoH '68 (Bonesea)

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Flardania wrote:
Anglatia wrote:I know the feeling of coming close and not making it, IIRC this is the second cycle in a row that I've blown a lead in the group(and it's worse this time because I had one of the best possible groups to get out of) and not made it :/

To be fair I did cause you to face Quebec in the playoffs, that was a very high seed team to face in a playoff.

Having a horrible first half can do that to even a powerhouse team, I gotta say.

I have no problem with making WC via playoff though. This is my 3rd time doing it that way and the scores were lot closer back in 69 and 71.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:01 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:I have no problem with making WC via playoff though. This is my 3rd time doing it that way and the scores were lot closer back in 69 and 71.

I got to the finals of WC58 by beating the long-forgotten Kangaroo Republics - and went on to reach my only World Cup Final to date.

AGUAZUUUUUUUUUUUUL! *shakes fist*
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:07 pm

"[11.51] <Brazil> Guys I just got done making 8bit pokemon logos for my sixth-tier regional Distrito Federal Campeonato Brasiliense state..."

That's bollocks!

I don't do 8-bit! >:(
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:43 pm

Krytenia wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:I have no problem with making WC via playoff though. This is my 3rd time doing it that way and the scores were lot closer back in 69 and 71.

I got to the finals of WC58 by beating the long-forgotten Kangaroo Republics - and went on to reach my only World Cup Final to date.

Krytenia winning a semifinal? If this happens again, the last trumpet might be listened and the end will be near :p
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Gadirya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gadirya » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:58 pm

San Jose Guayabal wrote:
Krytenia wrote:

Krytenia winning a semifinal? If this happens again, the last trumpet might be listened and the end will be near :p

It's already the end of the world, the Cubs are in the World Series. :p

let's go cubbies
Esportiva, it's the business!
The Artist Formerly Known as Felix
63rd Baptism of Fire Champions

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:19 am

Gadirya wrote:That would be pretty cool. I'll TG some people to gauge interest.

Our version continued the "Fire" theme from the BoF by being called 'the Eternal Flame'.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:27 am

Is anyone hosting the Runner Cup as of now?
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:58 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Gadirya wrote:That would be pretty cool. I'll TG some people to gauge interest.

Our version continued the "Fire" theme from the BoF by being called 'the Eternal Flame'.

AAAAAH! THE BEAR IS COVERED IN GOO! RUN TO THE HILLS!
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Gadirya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gadirya » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:53 am

Anglatia wrote:Is anyone hosting the Runner Cup as of now?

It usually would be Chiata but I don't know where he is right now.
Esportiva, it's the business!
The Artist Formerly Known as Felix
63rd Baptism of Fire Champions

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:17 am

How do I find the World rankings ive lost them :blush:
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Nephara
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:21 am

The WCDT OP's signature, as always. You're unranked.
WCC Grand Slam champion.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks! Btw im ranked 99th
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Nephara
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:56 pm

oh right

Yeah, I forgot Googledocs has the thing where it has its ~own~ Find function and just using the ~browser's~ Find it useless.
WCC Grand Slam champion.

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Gadirya wrote:
Anglatia wrote:Is anyone hosting the Runner Cup as of now?

It usually would be Chiata but I don't know where he is right now.

Currently making my way through Junior with difficult classes, being more active at Church, adding Jazz Combo to the list of music things I do, and finishing up an Eagle Project. :p

I'm waiting for the final list of CoH participants before making a thread and sending out invitations.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports