NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey XXV [Everything/IC]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hicana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hicana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Greg-God LOL Speaks Out: The History of the Anti-GGS Name
Highlights • traditionally passed down between hockey players • speaking for democracy • Hicañan hockey has a nationalist slant

As told to Jackson Bywater, from David Winston

Hi, my name is David Winston, better known as Greg-God LOL. I'm the third hockey player to have his name changed for this purpose, although its use is for hockey players only. I still go by David usually.

Being Greg-God LOL is a dangerous job. The first two guys who took on the role, Peter Volcker III and Allen Munoz, have both died young. In fact, both of them were murdered by agents of the same authoritarian government - poor Peter was killed quasi-accidentally, being frozen in ice due to a Gregoryisgodistani pipe bomb, while Allen was crushed to death by the vile murderer Franky "Fatso" McFattel, who was stabbed by our fans a few minutes later in the ensuing chaos. So when I took the post as the Third Greg-God? LOL, everyone naturally assumed that I was some sort of terrorist fanatic madman.

Far from that. In fact, I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I'm not getting much ice time in the series against Gregoryisgodistan, since I wouldn't fit their play style and also to avoid a death like that of Peter or Allen. In fact, the times Peter and Allen died were sparks in the powder-keg, and each time a Gregoryisgodistani-Hicañan war started - the first a fast-and-bloody stalemate, the second resulting in Hicaña's destruction - and now a third has started.

Some people say that our name is needlessly inflammatory. The truth is that in Gregoryisgodistani eyes that everything from coconut to God is needlessly inflammatory, so these comments are cast aside. Others say that I'm risking my neck, and they speak the truth. But right now, the FLULON effort could use some international publicity. Most nations are seemingly indifferent towards Gregoryisgodistan, and I'm trying to spread awareness.

So, how does a Greg-God LOL become Greg-God LOL? Simple - there's a little group within the Hicañan hockey team that appoints one, maybe seven or eight guys. We just talk about what the "Lord Almighty" has done to us and his intolerance. Many of us lost a family member in the war and it's pretty helpful. If you don't want to join, we still treat you the same way. Many players, like [Ryan] Reagan, sit in on the meetings but make it clear they won't put their life on the line. That's fine by us. We're very tolerant.

Hicañan sports teams are fiercely nationalistic, you see. More than a usual nation. So when GGS tries to kill everyone here? Bad move; we'll retaliate on the ice. Good luck Gregoryisgodistan, you're not going to get in the way of our march to the finals.
THE HOLY SOVEREIGN STATE OF HICAÑA
President: Antonio Sandoval
Population: 650,000 (plus 550,000 in Nevo Esperanso)
Area: Something around the size of Tirana (plus a Bangladesh in Nevo Esperanso)

We're going through another phase right now. REMOVE INFIDEL!

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:32 pm

.:: HOME Locker Room, Kozlovka Place, Kenora, Royal Kingdom of Quebec ::.
2204 hours local time, 27 October 2014.3

We won by a single goal... and then we lose by a lone goal in the final moments tonight...

Pakku Ito sat on the bench in the HOME Locker Room at the Kozlovka Place arena, sitting in his post-shower attire. The game had ended just an hour prior, Head Coach Skirata had already given his post-game speech before rushing off to meet with Vice President Tie Lianhua, and most of the players were changing into their street clothes before going back to the hotel for the night. But Ito just couldn't bring himself to change.

He was the hero of the first game in the series, and in the second, in what was shaping up to be a Gyatso-kai victory after Hakoda Ishii managed to get control of the puck in the neutral zone and made a mad dash to the Dragonflies' goal and shot to Jutri Latirailu's right side. The shot went wide, deflecting off Latirailu's stick before getting controlled by Eysteinn Johnsson and taken back. Ito was right on Johnsson, backskating to keep Johnsson off his aim; he kept going for the poke-check, but just couldn't get the puck.

I thought I could take him down...

Ito changed direction, hoping to board the Ko-orenite winger, but as soon as Johnsson saw Ito, he passed the puck back to Qiang Huang and Ito had to watch as the puck went right past Zhao Hotaka who just wasn't quick enough. Ito couldn't blame the Avatarian goalie like much of the media already was; Zhao had faced thirty-eight shots before letting one get past him in the last minute of the game. Ito swore that Zhao had seen the puck pass --- Ito sure as haran hadn't --- but as the netminder went down to hopefully cut off the bottom of the goal, Qiang had popped the puck up over the one-hundred-eighty-eight centimetre tall Zhao.

We could have gone to overtime. We could have gone to the shootout. But no, we let them get one goal after eighty-nine minutes of battle.

Ito watched as Sato had dove to try and knock Qiang off balance on the shot, but it wasn't enough.

"Pakku... You alright?"

Hakoda Ishii stood before his fellow Northern Watertribesman with a smile. Ito returned it, before shrugging.

"I don't know, Hakoda... I thought I had him."

"Well, too late to worry about that now. You of all people should know that."

"Yeah, well... even after twenty years playing, you still regret the ones that got away."

"Just have to get it back tomorrow night."

"I suppose,"
Ito spoke as he stood to get dressed. Ishii waved off his senior before going back to his own locker.

But what about last time... The Dragonflies were the ones that took us out of World Cup Twenty-Four. They ruined our chance for a repeat. And now, here we are again. Set to be taken out by those defence-minded mongrels.

I cannot let that happen...
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Round of 16 MD3 Cutoff- Vauganian Side

Sorochuk IcePlex, Sorochuk, Vaugania
Equestrian States 0–1 Zenic
Zenic wins the series, 2-0
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Marcraw on the Brink

Long time Vilita & Turori Ice Cat Things head coach Avalan Marcraw has come under fire for his sides medicore showing in the Group Stage of the World Cup of Hockey XXV that has put the Ice Cat Things on the brink of elimination in the Round of 16.

Marcraw's side could only muster a runner-up showing in the Group Stage which stuck the Ice Cat things into the 13th seed and drawn up against a tricky Torisakia team for the Round of 16.

Despite an opening 3-1 victory at QNR Place in Churchill, the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, Vilita & Turori let things slip from their grasps in game two, falling 5-4 in overtime and setting up a decisive game three.

With the Ice Cat things entering the knockout stages as a low seed once again, an early exit could spell the end of a tenure for Marcraw as Vilita & Turori fans - no longer content with 'just competing' after the high rate of success in recent seasons of the Vilita & Turori squad in the AOCAF competitions, as well as the Vilitan World Cup 68 triumph - Ice Cats fans may demand change if Marcraw is unable to lead Vilita & Turori back to the final 8.

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Round of 16 MD3 - Quebecois Side

QNR Place, Churchill, Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Torisakia 1–2 Vilita and Turori
Vilita and Turori wins series 2-1

Kozlovka Place, Kenora, Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Ko-oren 2–0 Gyatso-kai
Ko-oren wins series 2-1
Last edited by Vaugania on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Quarterfinals Fixtures

No reseeding done, as have mentioned in the bid.

MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Royal Kingdom of Quebec
#1 Havl vs. #8 Ko-oren

LMW Arena, Lindsborough, Vaugania
#5 Vaugania vs. #13 Vilita and Turori

Lankabank Coliseum, Val d'Or, Royal Kingdom of Quebec
#11 Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs. #14 Zenic

Arrowhead Arena, Buesk, Vaugania
#2 Hicana vs. #7 Gregoryisgodistan
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:21 pm

UFrontenac Confessions

Like someone on campus? Drop your friends a compliment?

► Submit it anonymously here: http://www.honeyboo.que/moddies/pages/9169/new

Moderators: Gevaudan, Rossier, StevieChun, Weiss
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
by Gevaudan » 28 JAN 2017, 17:35

#UFConf4
I wish I could turn back my clock and decide not to go here....Such a hard place, and I feel like I could not succeed anymore.
There's not enough time for the week to get all the readings, assignments and studies for the tests done, and do well in any without sacrificing my extracurriculars.......
I seriously don't know if I should drop out or not.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by Gevaudan » 28 JAN 2017, 17:57

#UFConf36
I know I'll get stoned the moment I say this, but being a lifetime Habs fan, Go Habs Go! :P

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by StevieChun » 28 JAN 2017, 18:14

#UFConf81

There's nothing worse than not being able to pick up on your best friend's, so far away from Kingston, call. I miss him and I refuse to lose him, but I don't know what to do.
I would give up anything to gain my best friend back, but more importantly I would give up anything
to know if he's still safe or not, after all this time.....
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by Weiss » 28 JAN 2017, 21:36

#UFConf191

Pierre Eberle- I heard you like Firestrom. Maybe we could listen to it sometime together? <3
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by Gevaudan » 28 JAN 2017, 22:39

#UFConf194
Petra Konquidis- Will you help me cover the body..... It doesn't have to be in a jacket ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by Gevaudan » 28 JAN 2017, 23:59

#UFConf212
To those in Russell Hall,

Please come back when your laundry's done. It more than sucks having to wait for hours for you to get your laundry.

by Weiss » 29 JAN 2017, 0:01

#UFConf234

Well I'm not from UFrontenac, but since it's the place for UFron confessions, I guess I gotta put one in as well....

I'm just someone currently studying in Sherby, visiting Kingston once every two weeks, on a weekend. Every time when I visit I normally hang out with a friend there on ConEd, a good friend from my old town.
For past 4 years I've been friends with her back then, but just as she left for the very city by Lac Ontario (I'm a year younger than her), I started to develop feelings for her, right at my last year of school.
This continued on and on, as our friendship blossomed and I turned 18 and an university student, resulting in me visiting Kingston more than enough times the past 6 months.
Sometimes I wish she'd know, of my sentiments and why I've been spending many hours traveling via train.
But then I don't know what to do, because I know that she, not interested in romantic relationship yet and so driven into her lifelong interests, probably won't feel the same..... What should I do?

-Monsieur. Vert et Or-

by Weiss » 28 JAN 2017, 0:59

#UFConf237

Hey, #UFConf234. Don't feel down by fears of rejection. I think you need to overcome your fears from barring you to tell her.....I mean, sooner or later she'll know that it's you, so why not give it a try? One shot and you can either move on, or finally be with her.

The point is that, you shouldn't give up. It's not the end yet!

Image[/floatleft]by StevieChun » 29 JAN 2017, 1:34

#UFConf239

Am I the only one around at this hour in Pearson? Cannot believe that all's asleep at this hr...
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 am

"Come on, Natasha, let's do one more take."

"You really think we should? We've been trying this for ages now and we keep getting disturbed!"

Natasha and Benjamin, the first armed with a camera and the second with a microphone, are in front of Kozlovka Place in Kenora.

"Yeah, but the network still expects a decent bit on the victory here. See if we lost we could have gotten away with some archive footage from skating Ko-oren players and Gyatso-Kai players... but with two clutch victories to land us a spot with the final 8 for only the second time ever?"

"Yeah yeah, I know the history of this... but I'm kind of done with these Gyatsos ruining the footage every time."

"But you can't forgive them for being a little bit salty..."

"A little bit?! They swarm us with four of them and start shouting whatever they came up with."

"But they haven't harmed us, right? And the Quebecois police is keeping an eye on us. Come on, just one more try and we'll keep the footage that looks useable. If nothing was useable up to this point, we'll have to do it live."

The game has ended just twenty minutes earlier, and fans from both teams are pouring out of the complex.

"Ok, it seems we've had most of them pass by by now. If you know what to say, I'll keep the camera rolling and you just say it live and we'll use the footage that has the least offensive stuff on it. Either the production crew already got something together and otherwise we'll just do it live right now."

"Ok, live it is. Ready when you are."

"3, 2, 1, go."

"Welcome back to Kenora, where the Dragonflice just recorded a second win over Gyatso-Kai to win the Round of 16 series. After just leading for 5 minutes across three games... yes, that's being ahead of the Ice Bisons for 5 minutes out of 180..."

"What do you get when you cross luck with bullshit wins? The Kites in the quarterfinals!"

"... and that's another thing, you can imagine the fans from Gyatso-Kai are not too happy with that. So here's a final look at Kozlovka Place, bidding you good night for now and we'll close off with a recap of the past three games. Hope you enjoyed, we did, and see you..."

"Defence minded mongrels!!"

"Pakku deserved better, you Greenblue bastards!"

"... anyhow, see you tomorrow for the series against Havl!"

- the logo of the World Cup floats past on screen, and immediately cuts to the highlights of all three games -

"Ito picks up the puck, passes to Vau. The entire offence here coming from Keldabe State University, thought you might like to know that. Vau now crossing into Ko-orenite territory... Tries his luck... bounces of Latirailu! The danger is not yet gone for us, Skirata in possession. Passes back to Ito, he tries his lu- that's it, goal for Gyatso-Kai..."

"Ooh, that's one big hit on Tachibana. That's Hiteki sent off for a few minutes, no need to involve the boarding like that!"

"Song gets to the puck if he's lucky... worming his way through the Bisons. Now only if Novotný and Qiang can give him some support in there, we might get a shot out of this. Song still caught behind the goal, gets rid of the puck via the boarding. Ivanov picks it up before everyone's going to be offside, fires a shot... yeah, you're never going to surprise Hotaka with that. It think that's our best chance all game. Not good."

"Welcome to the second game, let's hope for a goal here. Gyatso-Kai are the favourites here in Kenora, and they need their second win. We still need to win two from now on. That's Latirailu in goal, Ivanov and Heimirsson starting at the back, and both Novotnýs in forward together with Kuijper. Surprising move, but Song was lackluster yesterday, we can't use that when we could get kicked out today."

"Gyatso-Kai piling on the pressure, all 6 Ko-orenite players are now in our zone or the neutral zone. Mori and Oto look scary here, they keep getting the puck after Tachibana got rid of it or something. Shot Gilamij... and Latirailu doesn't let go. Faceoff, they better fight off the Bisons now."

"Oto with a huge shot! That's almost the 1-0, but Latirailu isn't asleep after all."

"We made it through most of the third period now, but here's Ishida again. Pass to Ishii, not offside. Ishida's back, gets the puck, sends away Song behind our goal. Gets it back to Sato... missed the pass and now it's us with a counter, hopefully. Song, our Song, Yong-Eun Song that is, just... wastes it. Yeah you're never going to win a game this way, lad!"

"One minute to go. Overtime looming. Johnsson in possession, avoids Ito. Pass to Qiang Huang, and he's gone! Can he do it for the Greenblues with just seconds remaining on the clock? He catches Shao off guard, he's just got the exhausted Zhao left... GOAL!! Ko-orenite victory imminent, we're back in this guys! I don't care that we stole it!"

"Third game in the series starting in seconds! It's 1-1 overall and it's a miracle that we're still in this. We've been in the lead for exactly 25 seconds, but who cares? That's what we do!"

"And the defence made it through this game! Five minutes left on the clock. Unataq Song with a horrible shot, picked off by Ivanov. To Marekt, and he reaches Novotný. This isn't really a good counter, most of the Ice Bisons are back in their own zone now. Novotný fires it at goal, not really a difficult one for Zhao. But he forgot Song's there, and it's through the five hole and into the goal! 1-0, are we actually winning this? What is going on?"

"Three minutes left on the clock. The Bisons are really pushing now, they need their equaliser. Konstantinovich is waiting to catch any loose puck he can get. And that's a foul! Tachibana with the minor holding penalty there. He's off for two minutes, we can't use that right now man! Gyatso-Kai wins the faceoff. He can't shoot, there's three guys in his way. Passes to Ishida... can't shoot either. Ishii can however, but that's Latirailu in the way! I don't know how we're surviving, but we are!"

"30 seconds on the clock. Tachibana back in, the Ice Bisons are pulling the goalie for this. Shot! But that's Tachibana in the way. And it's off to Konstantinovich... and he's got an easy one. 2-0! It's over! We're through! And I don't care how! Let's never think of this series again... ahead for 4 minutes as a whole, still winning it!"
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Zenic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zenic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:49 pm

“Haha. Well then, from one host onto the other, I suppose. This should be fun.”

“Yeah, it should be,” replied Olli Piatek as he walked alongside Henri Giehl through the streets of Val d’Or in the royal kingdom of Quebec. Most of the squad had already fallen asleep in their hotel rooms after traveling from Vaugania following the Round of 16 series win over the Equestrian States. The plan was to have a light early training before playing the first game of the Quarterfinal series. Giehl and Piatek were restless and decided to spend that time seeing what Val d’Or and Quebec had to offer.

“So, how are we going to play against Quebec, coach,” Piatek asked as they passed by Lankabank Coliseum. Both teams before the tournament seemed to be very different: Quebec were 14th in world, had finished runner up in the last tournament and were an aggressively offensive team while Zenic was only 60th, had a very dull performance in the last tournament and were very defensive minded. However, looking at how both teams performed this tournament, they appear to be almost carbon copies, having very similar statistics for most of the competition.

“Honestly, the best we can do is keep on playing like we have been the entire competition. Sure, if Tawfeek were here, she’d say we need to change a good part of our strategy to deal with them. But that seems to me like an overly desperate and cautionary action: We made it this far playing like we have so why change? If we win, it’s because we played better and deserved it; if not, because Quebec is just as good as last year, which is really, really good.” Piatek simply nodded, agreeing with the coach’s ideals after personal experience.

Giehl and Piatek had been in similar situations during college. Giehl had managed Piatek at Conscientia University for three years, managing to win the national championship in their final year together. During that time as well, Giehl believed and espoused all the ideals he was saying at this moment and the players bought into it. Eventually, as the national championship proved, believing had paid off.

And as the two of them passed through the doors of the hotel in val d’Or, said good night, and went to sleep, every single player on the team, including Olli, believed in those ideals. And they wanted to prove those ideals were true, even on the biggest stage of them all: the World Cup of Hockey.
Last edited by Zenic on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Rushmore
List of Factbooks
Zenic Ministry of Sports Archive
Association Football
KPB Ranking: 4.86 (129th, Post-WC95)
Rushmore Ranking: 5.13 (38th, Post-CR44)
IFCF Coefficient: 0.00 (UR)
Ice Hockey
WCoH Ranking: 13.80 (11th, Post-WCoH 50)
Champions:
45th Copa Rushmori (Futbol)
55th Baptism of Fire (Futbol)
7th U15 World Cup (Futbol)
6th Runner Cup (Futbol)
Runners-up
WCoH 28 (Ice Hockey)
Third Place:
Copa Rushmori XIX (Futbol)
4th Runner Cup(Futbol)

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Quarterfinals MD1 Results- Vauganian Side

Vaugania 4–3 Vilita and Turori
Vaugania leads series 1-0

Hicana 0–3 Gregryisgodistan
Gregoryisgodistan leads series 1-0
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Quarterfinals MD1 - Quebecois Side

Havl 7–1 Ko-oren
Havl leads series 1-0

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4–3 Zenic
Royal Kingdom of Quebec leads series 1-0
Last edited by Vaugania on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:33 am

Greg-God LOL Killed by Fan

Hicanan blasphemer/player Greg-God LOL has been killed by a Gregoryisgodistani fan who was forced to stay in Quebec for the duration of the tournament due to purchasing non-refundable, non-modifiable airfare which was set to depart at the conclusion of the tournament. The fan, identified as Prune Juice Bottler KNCVIS9DF, shot Greg-God LOL as he left his hotel room to walk to a nearby restaurant to grab a cup of coffee. Paramedics were called to the scene, and Greg-God LOL was pronounced dead on the spot. Prune Juice Bottler KNCVIS9DF was arrested and later told police he killed Greg-God LOL "in the name of Lord Almighty Gregory." After being released on bail, he told the assembled media "I killed Greg-God LOL because he has a name that blasphemes the Lord. It is so blasphemous that it pains me to say it, but I just want to reiterate that this sinner is dead. We killed the two previous Greg-God LOLs and now we have killed a third. Any future Hicanan hockey player or any other athlete who changed his or her name to something blasphemous like this will be killed. This is the message we as Gregoryisgodistanis are sending. We are at war with Super-Llamaland right now, and soon we may be at war with Hicana. This could turn into a pan-Esportiva war, and I am really hoping it does so we can destroy all our enemies. I may soon be standing trial to face murder charges, and I may be going to jail for life or even face execution. But whatever punishment I face at the hands of these mortal Quebecois authorities, it will be nothing compared to the Eternal Reward I will receive from Lord Almighty Gregory for my actions. Lord Almighty Gregory is God, and he will make sure I am sent to the Land of Eternal Reward when I die, whether it be from natural causes, execution, or ritual sacrifice back in Gregoryisgodistan. He is the Lord, he is the God, he is God Almighty, I praise him and adore him. Lord Almighty Gregory shall save us all, except those nations on our Enemy List. Hicana is wicked incarnated. Greg-God LOL is evil incarnated. I had to kill him. It was the right thing."

Lord Almighty Gregory released a statement from back in Gregoryisgodistan, saying "I am the True Lord. Prune Juice Bottler KNCVIS9DF is a true hero. He has slain the wicked Greg-God LOL, who changed his name to something most blasphemous and foul just to annoy Gregoryisgodistnais. He should have known better after the last two were killed, but now he makes three straight Greg-God LOLs who were killed by Gregoryisgodistani heroes. We will look to make it four straight at a later tournament if they are stupid enough to try this stunt again.

"Meanwhile, our beloved Ice Slaves have taken a 1-0 series lead on Hicana and are one win away from a spot in the semifinals. This would guarantee us a place in either the championship or third place game, so I believe that would be the time to revisit the schedule for Creation Day. That way, rather than waiting until we know which series we are in, appropriate arrangements are made. Most tournaments have a short break for the Christmas holidays, even when they are not held in Christian nations, because the Christian nations make that request known well ahead of time. In the fictional NCAA organization, which appears to be based on our NSCAA, there is a very religious Christian school that refuses to even play on Sundays. The NCAA accommodates their requests in this fictional universe, in large part because they make them known ahead of time. Meanwhile, in the same fictional universe in the fictional land of Colorado, a fictional religious Jewish high school refused to play in the state championship on a Saturday afternoon, but only made this known to the organizers the day before the semifinal, by which time it was too late to accommodate them. This led to some accusations of anti-Semitisim against the organizers, who stated the team would forfeit if they didn't show up. Rather conveniently, they lost the semifinal and it was a moot point, since they apparently have no third-place game there. (OOC: This was a real incident too, but I can't find a link.) I therefore gave the organizers plenty of advance notice of our requirements so that they could make contingency plans to the schedule. We were not asking that they definitively change the schedule, only that they make a contingency plan. Once we reach the semifinal, it will be guaranteed that we will be scheduled to play on Creation Day, so we would like to more definitively start up negotiations at that time. We do not want to hear the day before Game 1 of the final that it i now too late to change anything and we will be forced to play on Creation Day. We gave you advance notice for a reason. Don't complain about it. That being said, opening up negotiations before the semifinals should give us plenty of time, especially if we win tonight and finish off Hicana in which case the organizers will have almost a week to do what needs to be done. I strongly expect that to happen, though upsets have happened before. It won't happen twice in a row almost certainly, but Hicana could very well win tonight and force us to win Game 3 on November 1. Speaking of which, you are clearly accommodating the nations which celebrate Halloween by giving them a night off tomorrow. That holiday is not celebrated in Gregoryisgodistan due to its origin with heathen pagans, which by the way is one of the few things we agree on with the wicked nation of Saintland. Perhaps the only thing, in fact. But I digress. The point is that you are accommodating those nations' holiday and forcing us to potentially wait a day for a deciding Game 3 in the process, so you should accommodate our holiday too. It's only fair. Furthermore, Creation Day is the most holy day of the Gregoryisgodistani calendar whereas Halloween is a minor holiday in most nations that celebrate it, so clearly there is more reason to accommodate our holiday than theirs. I am the one who created the multiverse, 2,014 years ago next Wednesday, so I am clearly in the right here. Please accommodate our request should we make it to the finals or third-place series, which it looks like we will. Either postpone the series entirely or start Game 1 after midnight on the 6th and preferably at or after 2 AM so our players have time to break the fast and warm up. Thank you for your cooperation organizer people. I know you will cooperate. I am the Lord Your God. Don't forget that. One more thing - Death to Hicana!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:44 pm

UFrontenac Confessions

Like someone on campus? Drop your friends a compliment?

► Submit it anonymously here: http://www.honeyboo.que/moddies/pages/9169/new

Moderators: Gevaudan, Rossier, StevieChun, Weiss

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by StevieChun » 29 JAN 2017, 11:40

#UFConf470

Can we start a thing where if you see someone eating alone you have to go and sit with them? It'd serve as a fantastic experiment tbh...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
by StevieChun » 29 JAN 2017, 12:05

#UFConf471

To a gal whose birthday's on Valentine's Day.

Hey, Just saw you by the SongHyeok Lounge wearing blue mittens. I think you are cute.

by StevieChun » 29 JAN 2017, 13:01

#UFConf483

Okay, I get that we all love hockey and destroying enemies through embellishments , but please don't burn the jerseys of teams you hate. It smells really bad whenever I exit Baejae-Williams in the Saturday mornings and it took a while for me to explain to my roommate of what happened out in the grass.

by Weiss » 29 JAN 2017, 13:41

#UFConf492

#UFConf480- I'm still impressed that people didn't do barbecues off there. Fire was pretty strong when I looked over the field through the window....

by Rossier » 29 JAN 2017, 15:37

#UFConf520

School's back already? Damn. I already feel like a fourth year student!

by Weiss » 29 JAN 2017, 16:23

#UFConf539

So it's true that UFron has hotties everywhere.. What do you think about coconuts?

- A transferred coconut -
by Weiss » 29 JAN 2017, 17:21

#UFConf542

Every time when I look in the mirror, I see my shadows getting their contours clearer and clearer......Is it me or it's just that what I left off ,and thought were under the surface, coming back to haunt me down? I don't know if my shadows are just illusions or myself these days....
by Rossier » 29 JAN 2017, 19:43

#UFConf560

If only these Calculus textbooks were hockey tickets........ #WCoH #frosh

- A Third-year EngSci student -
by Rossier » 29 JAN 2017, 20:12

#UFConf606

Through the driving rain, as we walked along the lakeshore trail, I couldn't help myself but to feel this way.
I can no longer deny to myself that I love you.
It all came to me like kiss in the mistletoe, a pure romance on the elements within but the surprise overwhelming my heart...
You're the first girl to make me feel this way and I don't know if you can see that.........

-Philosopher-
by Rossier » 29 JAN 2017, 20:42

#UFConf625

Let's see how the "soundproof" walls of Krezynenski will hold onto the trance party at 301 tonight....Moanchestra, here I come!
by Gevaudan » 29 JAN 2017, 21:35

Santa baby, a '69 convertible, too, hot pink
Well I'll wait up for you, dear, santa baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight,

Damn. You still owe me that convertible, Santa!

Three boys, on their dorm room at University of Frontenac(known more as Queen's University), are reading some entries from last 2 nights' list of UFConfessions Facebook Page. Michael Stoner is sitting in his desk with his bottle of cup noodles, while Yannick Logan is smoking a hookah and Jong Shin Hahm texting his ladies.

Jong Shin- (reading the message he's about to send)Thanks for posting my message, Rossier.... You certainly did me a huge favour, ahead of Winter Solstice(OOC: Quebecois Winter Solstice is around 1st of February) frosh for Concurrent Education....

Michael- Mm.......Interesting one. Did you guys read today's posts for UFC?

Jong Shin- Yeah. Loved 539 and 560, especially the latter. I'd love to sacrifice my econ textbook for a hockey ticket to tonight's game in Val d'Or.

Yannick- Dude, Who the hell is that coconut? That guy I saw earlier was running across the 2nd floor hallway naked. Without even a goddamned coconut skin of a towel!

Michael- I don't know his name tbh. From what I know it's like Avery Jodoin or so, though I'm not sure about that. Is that the right one, Jong Shin? It's been a long time since I last have seen the guy.

Jong Shin- Yea. He's in my economics 101 class. What about him?

Yannick- Well did you even heard what I've said seconds earlier? That guy's running around naked all week long, chasing the girls down and upstairs like those Centaurs!

Jong Shin- Lol. That sounds just like Avery. But then he's a coconut, so what can I say? Is that right, Michael?

Michael- Hm...The last post looks very fishy to me. JS. Come over here.

Yannick- Okay....Is it one of those grievances that people post on the website these days?

Michael- Actually, no. It's entirely different.

Jong Shin comes over to Michael's desk and takes a look.

Jong Shin- Ooh. Some horny boy in Jerusalemite part of uni.

Yannick- Pfft. Let the boy be. That's some sexy convertible he's talking about.

Jong Shin- Mmm....'69 convertible. I wonder what positions do the driver gets to have while driving.

Yannick chuckles like hell, before choking on the fume and coughs for 10 seconds, non-stop.

Michael- No, Yannick. I meant as in the one before. Read it carefully.

Yannick jumps to the computer and reads the post.

Yannick- Let's see how the "soundproof" walls of Krezynenski will hold onto the trance party at 301 tonight.... Sounds fancy for sure. I wanna go there for a party there.

Jong Shin- Wait. What room?

Michael- It says......301, and Krezynenski.

Jong Shin- Shit. That means those hookers should be upstairs......

Michael- Yup. It looks like we won't be getting any sleep for a while, as the moans and sounds of people taking their clothes off roars into this realms.

Yannick once again chuckles, before taking another shot at Hookah.

Jong Shin- F*ck................
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Quarterfinals MD2 Results- Vauganian Side

Vilita and Turori 2–2 Vaugania (3–2 OT)
Series tied 1-1

Gregryisgodistan 4–1 Hicana
Gregoryisgodistan wins the series 2-0
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Quarterfinals MD2 - Quebecois Side

Ko-oren 0–1 Havl
Havl wins series 2-0

Zenic 1–6 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Royal Kingdom of Quebec wins series 2-0
Last edited by Vaugania on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 pm

Had meant to post this yesterday morning, however, I just could not get to the internet >.<

.:: The Thunder Bay Dive, Kenora, The Royal Kingdom of Quebec ::.
0130 hours local time, 29 October 2014.3

The Thunder Bay Dive was starting to clear out; many of the local Quebecois fans had finished watching the highlights of the night's matches and were getting ready for tomorrow's games. Quebec had made it into Quarterfinals, taking out Aquitayne in two games, so the crowd was a bit excited.

Shame the same couldn't be said for our boys...

Head Coach Kad Skirata had been in the Thunder Bay Dive for about thirty minutes or so. The game had ended around ten local time, and it only took an hour for Skirata to talk his boys down and get them ready for the rest of the tournament.

We did the best we could... The Gods just simply were not smiling tonight.

The Ice Bisons somehow had lost 2-nil against a team that was purely defensive. Skirata continued to rack his mind around the idea of losing to this team again in the Round of Sixteen; the Ice Bisons were the stronger team, carrying into the round a higher goal percentage, a stronger ranking, and even a higher world ranking. Yet, they still managed to only score one goal in three games against the Dragonflies, whereas they managed to score three goals in the series. How did that happen? Skirata thought as he drained his glass --- some dark brown lager which tasted just bitter enough to numb the pain of that loss --- then looked up. He could see in the corner a pair of Avatarian fans, sulking away their troubles.

I cannot believe the Dragonflies took us out again... One of the men sighed, placing down his glass.

It just isn't right, the other added, letting his face fall into his hands. I mean, we won the cup just two years ago.

And now? We cannot even get out of the first round.

Is it Skirata's fault?

Of course not...

Is it the players' fault?

No. They are only as good as they are coached.

Then who does it fall to?

Kusonagi just isn't using our forwars as they should be used.

And Ishikawa just cannot get the defence together.

What about Shu?

Shu? The Great Wall?

Yeah. I mean, we never even let that Hong guy play this tournament.

Well, Hotaka never let more than two goals by. Why should we have replaced him?

"Mind if I join you?"

The soft delicate voice brought him out from eavesdropping, and Skirata was a bit surprised to see Tie Lianhua standing before him. She was wearing her usual high-collared black dress, and she didn't look a step out of place despite all that occured.

"Of course not," Skirata motioned to the seat across from him, which she smoothly occupied. He admired her grace in motion, and at times could not help feel a bit more than a professional appreciation for her presence. "What brings you here?"

"Well, when I called Kio, he told me you were out. I only guessed you would be here."

"Ah, Lianhua,"
Skirata laughed as he looked around. "This kind of bar just suits me..."

"So it does, Mr. Mando."
Tie laughed; the kind of laugh that disarmed most men and one that Skirata was growing rather fond of.

"In either case," Skirata said, motioning for the server to come to the table. "I figured I would come out here for some thinking and some listening."

"Listening?"
Tie inquired. She didn't even need to look at a menu, seeing as her and Skirata had been meeting here every night after the game for the last three nights. "Listening to what?"

"The voice of the people,"
Skirata pointed over to the two fans, still in debate over who to blame for the early exodus of the Ice Bisons yet again.

"Oh..."

"You see, we are too close to see any issues with the team. We are too deep in the forest to see the trees. But these fans, all they do is watch our team day in and day out, and they notice something is wrong well before we see it."

"Well, Kad,"
Tie spoke, taking a break to order her drink. "What do you hear?"

"We need to do something about our offence."

"Oh?"

"The last three tournaments, we have focused a bit too much on the attack and not enough on our defence, and I think they may have to do with Ishikawa's time spent in the Eastern Conference with the Caps."

"Are you saying..."

"No, certainly not,"
Skirata interupted before Tie could even finish the sentence. "The last thing I am thinking is we fire anyone. Instead, perhaps we need to bring in a different perspective in terms of a secondary set of coaches."

"Do we have the budget for such a thing?"

"With the salaries of most coaches sitting pretty high, I am sure I can call in a few favours and get some friends to, uh, 'volunteer' their time.

Tie laughed again, this time reaching for the ale that the server had brought over. "Well, I am certainly one for volunteers."

"Yes,
Skirata looked to his phone, then back to the two fans.

"Did you hear your old assistant recently applied for an International Employment Visa?"

"No,"
Skirata took a drink, "I did not."

"Yes. Liu Qiang An is seeking an IEV to apply for the Neu Engollen job that opened up the other night."

"Oh?"
Skirata had not heard from Liu since he was replaced back in World Cup Twenty-One and he took the Head Coach position at Gaoling. "I heard Gaoling was looking a bit rough."

"Yes. Having not made it out of the regular season for four seasons is a bit of a blemish on his otherwise exemplary career, but to be honest..."

"All of those injuries on his main lines are certainly no help."

"Agreed."

"Given what he has, making it to the cusp of the post-season is more than a fine showing."

"Well, the NSC granted his request for the break, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is set to grant him the IEV tomorrow."

"I will have to call him then, see if there is anything I can do to help him."

"Did you all end on good terms?"

"Oh of course,"
Skirata took another sip "He had been the assistant at Enceri for a few seasons, and Beifong was retiring from his home team in Gaoling, and I am the one who encouraged Qiang to go for the job."

"Well that is good,"
Tie sighed as she looked to her phone. "Because he was in the running when there were some on the NSC who were thinking of asking you to step down."

Skirata nearly spit up the bit of lager he had in his mouth, as he looked to Tie in shock.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, it is no secret that the last three tournaments your Ice Bisons have entered have been, how shall I put this... Less than ideal?"

"You cannot be serious Lianhua,"
Skirata leaned forward on the table. "So we hit a bit of a rough spot."

"The kind of rough spot that you might not get out of."

"I will get us out,"
Skirata seemed a bit more angry than he would have expected. "May I know who on the council?"

"Cheng Kilsek and Bao Chen, for starters, and they are the representatives to the Federation."

"Seriously, Lianhua?"

"Oh, relax Kad,"
Tie spoke softly, extended her well-manicured hands to cover Skirata's. "I defended you and convinced the council to let you finish out your current contract before they even consider replacing you."

The words 'step down' were not exactly what Skirata had wanted to hear. He was the man who had brought the Ice Bisons from unknowns to World Champions, and now, just because of a bit of a rough patch, there were already calls for him to be replaced. Certainly, if he could pull the team out of the rut when they didn't advance in World Cup XVI and when Michael VII sent them packing after a 2-nil loss in the World Cup XX Round of Sixteen, he could get them out now.

"Kad, you know I care for you, and you have been nothing if not the anchor and the rudder for this team... But we cannot drop out of the Top Ten in World Rankings. This loss to Ko-oren... It may just be a death blow for the Council."

"One loss..."

"To the same team two Cups in a row..."

"They are essentially the same team, and my boys are still a bit fresh for battle."

"Then you need to season them. You know the Quebecois will be sending invitations for the Royal Alexandre soon. We need to get ready for that tournament."

"I understand that..."

"And if that means letting a legend or two go for the sake of new blood, then you have to drop the axe."

"A legend or two?"

Tie took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. "He has been great for our team, but Ishii..."

"Hakoda is the Captain of this team!"

"Yes, but this Cup... I mean, in the last four games, how many goals did he score?"

"Just one against Soviet Canuckistan, but..."

"But nothing..."
Tie spoke, her voice becoming less silk and more steel. "We asked you to let in new blood before the last Royal Alexandre, and you did, but it got us nowhere. We asked you to let in a little more new blood before this World Cup, and you did, but it still sent us home when those bastards from Gregoryisgodistan are going on. Do you know what will happen should they win another Cup?!"

"I..."

"They will be ranked number one... and we cannot have such disgusting vile creatures as the rulers of Hockey."

"I..."

"We cannot let them continue this..."

"Lianhua..."

"I need you to pull together this team and work out these problems."

"Yes, ma'am."

Skirata reverted back to his military days for a moment --- a cold and heartless response to an angry CO --- and Tie was quick to stop. She looked him over, before sighing and looking down.

"I am sorry, Kad... It is just Tachibana has been getting on me every since the Ice Bisons double drew the Ponies and Nassau-Hessen. When the team needed to strike hard, we stumbled... and he is not happy."

His Honourable Tachibana Ichiru, the President of the Gyatso-kai Hockey, was a stern Imperial who wanted nothing but perfection from his team. At 97-years-of-age, he was not a person to disappoint, for he had no time for anything other than the best.

"Those were outside of our control..."

"Not to Tachibana. To him, everything is in your control, and I would love to let you hear our conversation before I got here, but let me assure you, he was far from pleased."

"I can imagine,"
Skirata said, noting that the two Avatarian fans were just now leaving. "So what do we do?"

The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:35 am

Letter to Hockey Federation

To: Hindmarsh Yoon, World Cup of Hockey Federation President
Cc: Lord Almighty Gregory

Dear Mr. Yoon,

As you know, I am Horse Beater LAL9120, head coach of Gregoryisgodistan's national hockey team. As you also know, Game 1 of the finals and third place series is scheduled to be played on Creation Day, November 5. As we are now guaranteed a spot in one of those two series, I believe now is the time to negotiate a rescheduling. As you should be aware, Creation Day is the day Lord Almighty Gregory created the multiverse in the Year 0000. As a result, all Gregoryisgodistanis do not eat or drink for 24 hours, instead spending the whole time chanting hymns and songs of praise to Lord Almighty Gregory in celebration of his creation of the multiverse. This is normally followed by a breaking of the fast, at which point people head to bed. Creation Day is the holiest day of the Gregoryisgodistani calendar, akin to Christmas on the Christian calendar, Yom Kippur on the Jewish calendar, or Eid-al-Fitr on the Muslim calendar. To play hockey on this most holy of holy days, rather than spend the time praising Lord Almighty Gregory, would be a most egregious sin as well as a capital offense. It can simply not happen.

Therefore, I urge you to reschedule Game 1 of whichever series we happen to be in for November 6. You do not have to push the whole series back a day if you do not want to, though this is certainly acceptable. Instead, if you were to simply start our series after midnight the morning of November 6 and play the second game that night at the normal time, that would be acceptable. Ideally, the game would start at least two hours after midnight, to give our players time to break the fast and warm up, but if you were to insist on starting it at 12:01 AM, we would accept that. Keep in mind, however, that if the game starts too close to midnight we will be forced to conduct our entire prayer service in the arena rather than in our team hotel, and arrangements would need to be made to allow us to do that. However, that would simply be a matter of unlocking the doors to the arena the evening of November 4 and giving us space to conduct our prayer service beginning at midnight that evening. In fact, it would likely be more convenient to do that anyway so that we will already be at the arena when the clock strikes midnight and Creation Day ends. We would not need to do it in public - if you simply give us early access to our locker room or a meeting room we can conduct our prayer service in there. We should have access to this room no later than 10:30 PM on November 4 to give us time to eat our pre-fast meal and set up for the prayer and praise service.

Please let me know if you have any questions or require any documentation of the need for this religious accommodation. You are accommodating the holiday of Halloween by giving all nations today off. This is forcing us to wait two days for the semifinal to start, as we will have off the day of Game 3 anyway. This is not an issue since our opponents, your nation of Quebec, will be in the same position. But the fact remains that you are accommodating their (and your) holiday, so you should accommodate ours as well. Even if you do not subscribe to the theory that Lord Almighty Gregory created the multiverse 2,014 years ago next Wednesday, you can still respect our deeply and sincerely held religious beliefs and work with us to find an acceptable solution. I suspect that you would not force a Jewish nation to compete on Yom Kippur or a Muslim nation to compete on Eid-al-Fitr, and indeed accommodations have traditionally been made in tournaments for a Christmas Break. Therefore, it is only fair that accommodations be made to our team to not play on Creation Day. As the schedule stands right now, we are guaranteed to play on Creation Day, either in the championship or third-place series. You promised to revisit this once it was known that we would be scheduled to play on Creation Day. And now it seems we are indeed going to be scheduled to play on Creation Day, though we don't know in what series yet. Please make the right decision, respect our religious beliefs, and postpone Game 1 of whatever series we happen to lay in until after Creation Day.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Horse Beater LAL9120
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Miracle Play keeps Vilita & Turori in the hunt

LMW Arena, Lindsborough, Vaugania :: After scraping out advancement from the Round of 16 with a heartstopping 2-1 victory over Torisakia at QNR Place in Churchill, Royal Kingdom of Quebec, Avalan Marcraw's Vilita & Turori Ice Cat Things could set their focus on higher achievements.

However, their prize for reaching the Quarter Finals was, perhaps, not much of a prize at all. The low-seeded Ice-Cat things were paired up with the hosts, Vaugania, which meant packing their bags and leaving the comforts of Atlantian Oceania - headed to Rushmore of all places, and to the hostile environment of the tournament co-hosts in a unique non-venue exclusive bracket pairing.

While the Vauganian's had qualified as the higher seed going into the knockout rounds, there was plenty of confidence in the Ice-Cat Things lineup that they could keep pace with the hosts. However, matching them line for line in skill still might not be enough once the overwhelmingly bias crowd was factored in.

The Ice-Cat Things were well supported in the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, with Vilita & Turori fans in attendance as well as local fans just cheering on the 'more local' of the two sides in the Torisakia/Vilita & Turori tilt. Even though it was an all-Atlantian Oceania matchup, Vilita & Turori's geographical proximity to the Royal Kingdom was certainly a factor in their ability to attract a more vocal fanbase.

All that went away, of course, the second the Ice Cat things arrived in Rushmore. There was no Jungle Teal, Cocoabo Brown or Vilitan Cove Blue to be found anywhere in Vaugania and it certainly may have played a factor in giving the hosts the edge in the opening match of the Best of 3 series, with Vaugania going up 4-1 early in the second period. Although the Ice-Cat things did make the scoreline respectable at 4-3, they never looked like they were truly in contention for the win.

They came out stronger in the second match - as could only be expected as it was win or go home. As much as they didn't want to be in Rushmore, Vaugania wasn't so bad, and the early ticket home wasn't worth elimination from the competition.

With less than a minute left in regulation, however, it appeared thats exactly where Vilita & Turori were headed - home. Down 2-1 with the net empty, the Ice-Cat things were looking to attack when a botched pass was directed in the path of Vaugania's Volya Stroman. Instead of shooting from distance, however, Stroman - appearing to want to 'be sure' skated right up to the goal. Then, at the critical moment, the puck - possibly hitting a patch of snow - bobbled off the edge of the stick and wide of the goal. As Stroman dove to make amends, Dolak Vintal-Morta scooped up the loose puck and quickly fired it up to the opposing blue line where River Suzgar waited for a miracle. The miracle came as Suzgar charged into the zone then flipped the puck to the speeding Ataris Filiac who out maneuvered Raphael Roux and leveled the scores with just seconds left on the clock.

It was a career moment for Filiac, usually a healthy scratch for the Ice-Cat things, who got the nod to come in and play out of position as the first line Left Winger after Cartai Chiate injured himself in the opening match of the series. Not wanting to break up the rest of his lines, coach Avalan Marcraw turned to Filiac, known to have good comradery with the Suzgar's - and the dividends were paid instantly.

The amazing moment that tied the game of course, only meant that Overtime was to follow, but Eastern Raciani's game winner 7 minutes into the extra session - a simple one timer from just inside the circle - was certainly going to be just a footnote in the match when compared to the blunder by Stroman and the resulting miracle play by the Ice-Cat Things. In fact, the play was already headlining sports broadcasts throughout the multiverse, even before the Ice-Cat things had the game won in Overtime, to set up the decisive 3rd match in Vaugania.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Cutoff, MD3 of Results- Vauganian Side

Vaugania 2–2 Vilita and Turori (2–3 OT)
Vilita and Turori wins the series, 2-1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Semifinals Fixture

St.John's Ice Arena, St.John's, Vaugania
#1 Havl vs. #13 Vilita and Turori

#7 Gregoryisgodistan vs. #11 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Semifinals MD1 Result- Vauganian Side

Havl 5–1 Vilita and Turori
Havl leads the series 1-0
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Semifinal MD1 - Quebecois Side

Gregoryisgodistan 4–2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Gregoryisgodistan leads series 1-0
Last edited by Vaugania on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Havl
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Quarterfinals - Havl 5-1 Vilita and Turori

St. John's, Vaugania – Brad Neubauer and the national hockey team had a reason to celebrate in the midst of a weekend of uncertainty.

Neubauer, who attended his fathers's funeral with his teammates on Saturday, notched two assists in the opening match of the Semifinals to lead Havl's high-powered Firing Squad offense in a 5-1 win over Vilita and Turori on Sunday.

Havl had goals from five different players, and goaltender Haley Hasenpfeffer quieted talk of an Ice Cat Things jinx in a 19-save effort. The victory moved Havl ahead of Vilita and Turori 2-1 in their all-time series.

"It was an emotional night for me, but the team has been with me," said Neubauer, who received an ovation from the crowd when he was named the one of the game's three stars. "My teammates are supporting me, and their efforts are incredible. We have a legacy of playing a stoic game, but we felt really close tonight, and I think we were feeding off of that."

The national squad galvanized and drew inspiration from Neubauer after his father's unexpected death after Game 2 of Havl's second-round series against Ko-oren. The Capital City-based team hasn't lost in this postseason, winning five straight. Head coach Justin Donndelinger said his team is trying to support Neubauer while staying focused on playing a sound team game.

"Emotion is something we usually try to phase out," said Donndelinger. "Those of us who know Brad well went to the wake on Friday, and I've been in contact with him to make sure that he wanted to play." "He's handled it in an incredible way that probably has helped our team come closer together. We knew today was going to be a tough day. We needed to be there to support him, and we'll be ready to do that again and get ready for Monday."

Adam Fleer, Andrey Pasternak, Ravi Chandrasekhar, Joey Kaminski, and Jason State scored for Havl, who have averaged over four goals in the last five games.

Hasenpfeffer hasn't allowed more than two goals since a 7-3 victory over Patistan in the last game of group play on October 23rd.

The high-powered Havl squad, coming off a close win over Ko-oren in the Quarterfinal series, jumped all over a Vilita and Turori team that was flat and mentally absent after a nasty and emotional three-game series against tournament co-hosts Vaugania.

"You don't look at the score during the game," said State. "That's not how you play at this level. We got some bounces and held the momentum, and pucks went in. It's a win, that's all it is."

River Suzgar scored for Vilita and Turori. After nearly three periods of scoreless play, the Ice Cat Things finally found a way onto the scoreboard with a short-handed goal with 3:27 left.

The game marked the third time that these two teams met in the World Cup of Hockey. In WCoH 23, Havl drew a win and a loss against a then 9th-ranked Vilita and Turori. In the unusual format of the 23rd edition, the early loss against the Ice Cat Things sent Havl to a lower bracket that required several additional wins before they eventually grabbed a spot in the Finals. After defeating tournament co-hosts Vaugania, Vilita and Turori have earned their first trip to the Semifinals since the second edition of the WCoH in Quakmybush, which must be some kind of record. Havl returns to the Semifinals again after an early exit in the 24th edition at the hands of Sicoutimont.

"It's great to be back in the hunt," said Fleer. "There are no guarantees, but it definitely feels right to be among the top four teams in the tournament."

With the win, Havl takes a one game lead in the Semifinals. Coverage of World Cup of Hockey XXV continues on HTVM Monday as Havl faces 13th-ranked Vilita and Turori with a chance to advance to the Finals.

Box Score
1st2nd3rdFinal
Havl2035
Vilita & Turori0011

Team Leaders
Num Name G A Pts Games Played
9 Brad Neubauer 5 16 21 12
11 Adam Fleer 5 13 18 12
19 Jason State 10 6 16 12
13 Graham Hatch 5 8 13 12
3 Petr Zaradnik 4 9 13 12
18 Carson West 4 7 11 12
8 Andrey Pasternak 2 8 10 12
6 Sergei Skrbinski 1 8 9 12
16 Travis Hampstead 4 4 8 12
15 Martin Klerx 3 4 7 12
20 Ravi Chandrasekhar 2 5 7 12
14 Brady Anderson 2 4 6 12
12 Taro Tsujimoto 2 3 5 12
10 Joey Kaminski 2 3 5 12
22 Rhys Dykstra 1 2 3 12
77 Tomas Holicek 0 3 3 12
4 Tanner Blankenship 1 1 2 12
36 Jay Marshall 0 2 2 12

Num Name GP W L T GA SA GAA S% SO
31 Haley Hasenpfeffer 12 11 0 1 12 241 1.00 95.0 5
30 Ty McLaren 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0 0

Scores and Schedule
Date Team Team Score Result Venue
17 Oct 2Havl 55Terre des Gaules 3-0 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
18 Oct 2Havl URArvenida 3-3 T Yzerberg Ice Hall
19 Oct 2Havl 16The Fair Republic 2-0 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
20 Oct 2Havl 21Nova Anglicana 5-1 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
21 Oct 2Havl URZips Nation 5-0 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
22 Oct 2Havl URNorth Britonisea 6-1 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
23 Oct 2Havl 47Patistan 7-3 W Yzerberg Ice Hall

26 OCT 2Havl 16Estope 5-0 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
27 OCT 2Havl 16Estope 4-2 W Yzerberg Ice Hall
29 OCT 2Havl 8Ko-oren 7-1 W MTS Centre
30 OCT 2Havl 8Ko-oren 1-0 W MTS Centre
2 NOV 2Havl 13Vilita and Turori 5-1 W St. John's Ice Arena
3 NOV 2Havl 13Vilita and Turori St. John's Ice Arena
4 NOV 2Havl 13Vilita and Turori St. John's Ice Arena (if necessary)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:13 am

Lord Almighty Gregory's Speech to the People

"Good morning, ladies, gentlemen, and slaves. There are now only two days remaining until that most holy of holy days, Creation Day, celebrating the day I created the multiverse back in the Year 0000. Creation Day is the most holy of holy days in Gregoryisgodistan, and all citizens must refrain from food and drink for 24 hours, instead devoting all of their time to praising me, the True Lord and Creator of the Multiverse, and singing the national anthem every hour on the hour. You cannot even go to the bathroom, for to do so would be to taint my holy name. Failure to comply will result in death to the offenders and their families. In two days, it will be exactly 2,014 years since I, Lord Almighty Gregory, created the multiverse. No matter what those folks from Saintland tell you, Eye-ee-zus is not God. He is not the son of God. His father, who is also apparently God according to their ridiculous beliefs, did not create the multiverse in six days 6,000 years ago. I created it all at once, 2,014 years ago this Wednesday. Remember me, remember my name, praise my name for I am the One True Lord.

"Heathens may arise and try to destroy us, but I will strike them down for I am the One True Lord, the Creator of the Multiverse. You shall all praise and worship my holy, hallowed name. I gave you life. I created this multiverse. I created everything from humans to talking ponies to sapient fruits with forbidden names. Why? Because I am the God of the Multiverse, lover of all who praises my name, destroyer of all who doesn't. To the talking fruits - please turn from your evil ways, worship me, and change your name. Otherwise, we will invade armed with rocks and use them to smash you all to bits. It will be loads of fun. It's not that hard to smash that kind of fruit. It's actually quite fun. I'm sure our soldiers could use an easy and fun job once the war with Llamaland is done. But alas, it will never be done until all the Llamaneans are dead or else they surrender. But enough of that for now. Let's talk hockey.

"Our beloved Ice Slaves are one win away from reaching the final of the World Cup of Hockey for the second straight tournament. If they make it that far, they will play either Havl or Vilita and Turori. Havl against us would be a matchup of the top two teams in the multiverse, the old dynasty against the new dynasty. And the new dynasty will triumph, thus forming a new dynasty which shall never be broken. There will be no need for any other World Cup of Hockey Champions. Renaming the trophy the Gregoryisgodistan Trophy will suffice, for we shall be the only nation ever to win it again. Furthermore, we are considering bidding for the next World Cup of Hockey following the assault, murder and imprisonment of several Enemy Crushers. We are looking for bidding partners in our region and beyond. Remember, to ally with us is to ally with God. If anyone is interested in bidding with us for the next World Cup of Hockey, please let me know after Creation Day. Not before, as I have a lot of work to do. But we still have time to formulate bids, so it can wait. But just remember - I am the Lord Your God. We are bidding to defend our Enemy Crushers and other heroes from foreign attack. We must not surrender our right to Enemy Crushers just because some twit in Quebec says so. Quebec is a stupid place anyway. And Hindmarsh Yoon is a stupid name. We must stop those heathens who ally with the land of forbidden fruit. It is only due to economic reasons that they are not on our Enemy List. But they could find themselves there soon if this behavior does not cease. Hindmarsh Yoon must resign or die. Hindmarsh Yoon must be destroyed. I shall take over the World Cup of Hockey Federation in a coup, overthrowing Hindmarsh Yoon and declaring myself the new President. After that, any ref who calls a penalty on an Enemy Crusher shall literally be fired - we shall burn him at the stake. Any nation which imposes penalties on Enemy Crushers shall be banned from all future World Cups of Hockey. Any fans who attack Gregoryisgodistanis will be extradited to Gregoryisgodistan to be killed by the Brownie Cutter of Death. Any government which does not cooperate shall be invaded by a joint force of World Cup of Hockey Federation troops and Gregoryisgodistani military troops. We would even consider launching a nuclear attack. Hindmarsh Yoon, you are dead. Just surrender to me, the One True Lord. But I will give you a chance to repent - join our players and coaches for Creation Day services on November 5. See how much they adore me, how they recognize me as the True Lord. Join them in prayer, repent, and convert to the Church of Gregoryisgodistan. Move to Gregoryisgodistan and live as a Gregoryisgodistani, obeying all of our laws and worshiping me as your Lord. If you do all that, I shall spare your life. If you do not, here comes the coup. Death to Hindmarsh Yoon! Happy almost Creation Day everyone!"
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:49 pm

UFrontenac Talks- (2)

It is at the evening when the second part of the story takes place. The trio is out of their dormitories, breathing in fresh air of Cornwall, Frontenac. Once again the guy from room 301's having his girls and boys in, creating enough moans to force them out of the room.

Michael- Well it looks like we'll be facing Vilita and Turori after Queen's Birthday.

Yannick- Isn't that the very same day that those Greg-worshipping psychos asked to stop games

Jong Shin- Yes. They got off really lucky this time, for else we wouldn't have accepted the excuse.

Michael- Even after all those friendly relations between GGS and Quebec?

Jong Shin- Not in hockey side of the deal, especially since the Great One has taken the reign. He's neither happy nor satisfied with the way things have been going with that nation ruled by a psychotic dictator by the name of Gregory.

Yannick- Pfft......Lucky bastards, eh? If it wasn't for hockey, they'd be scraping the bottom of their hellhole of society by crushing people and chopping dick.

Michael- Yea. How ironic is that?

Jong Shin- Except that in that "country" they are considered as noble acts, from A to Z of them. Whole concept of enemy crushers is rather hilarious yet disturbing to me, even though pervert chasers dickcapitating perverts and other sex criminals on sight is certainly admirable.

Michael- "Admirable." "Admirable." Now that's funny.

Yannick- (coughs) True. True that.

Yannick- (Gulps down his bottle of wine) Ah! Nothing like a Pornosalema CLS 2008, right out of the nearest LCBO.

Michael- Toldja that this stuff is never out of fashion. Always the cool drink to consume in this time of the year.

Yannick- (nods) Indeed.

Jong Shin- (talks to his friend over phone) Hmmm.....Where are you, Lizzy? We're at Central Drive, so not that far from Old Ale, I guess.

Michael- 'Tis the one he mentioned about on UFConfessions right?

Yannick- Yep. The black-haired one, ala. his bish.

Michael- Wait. Not the other Lizzy?

Jong Shin- (talks over phone again) Oh, you'll be there in 5 minutes?

Michael- Mmm.....

Yannick- Well that other Lizzy won't be around in this hour of the night, for she simply lives too far from here. Old Ale's like, idk, 15 minutes of bus ride from the West Campus the last time when I checked.

Jong Shin- Sounds good. See you then!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Semifinals MD2 Cutoff- Vauganian Side
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Vilita and Turori 4–3 Havl
Series tied 1-1

Happy 420 Friends!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports