NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 57 Host Bid - RK of Québec & The Sarian

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Baptism of Fire 57 Host Bid - RK of Québec & The Sarian

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks to NSI for this beautiful logo

ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUÉBEC AND THE SARIAN
bid to host
BAPTISM OF FIRE 57, proudly sponsored by Trojana Co.

From the icy, vast land full of maple trees and auroras in Northwestern AO; to hundreds of islands full of snow in Southeastern Esportiva; as well as all kinds of places stuck in between; the World Cup has had an impact on nations all over the multiverse for sixty-nine editions (Original source of inspiration: San Jose Guayabal and Schiavonia, June 2. 2014). With it there have been one, sole entrance for the welcomers in the name of the Baptism of Fire, with 56 of them to count. Right now, the history looks to be rewritten, as another one of welcomes is arranged for the newcomers.
Welcome to the thread for what looks to be the host bid for the 57th Baptism of Fire.

SCORINATION

As is traditional, scorination will be produced by the latest version of xkoronate (0.3.3) with SQIS formula chosen. Style modifiers from +5 to -5 will be available in order for users to make their teams play a more attacking (+) or defensive (-) style of football. Cutoff times will be 15:00-16:00 UTC for The Sarian and 0:30-02:30 (19:30-21:30) UTC for Québec. With results from The Sarian coming first.

RP BONUS

While the scale for RP bonus will not be disclosed, it is more than guaranteed by both hosts that through having fun and challenging your brains (and writing skills for many as well), those who RP, and in excellence, will be the ones receiving the most of benefits. There will also be small percentage of substantial, additional bonus given for those who interact with others involved within the tournament.

To encourage frequent RPing, RP Bonus will be semi-cumulative, and will be degraded by each matchday for an unspecified amount with 30% degradation ahead of the knockout matches. This, for sure however, will never reach zero. Our system is looking to be generous and will take in account of what they have produced in the end.

FORMAT

With prospective numbers as yet unknown, the exact format is difficult to predict. However, the tournament will carry no surprises, with a group stage being followed by knockout rounds until a final hosted in the "jail-like" realms of CSKA Stadium in Québec. It is certain that there’ll be no Casaran or anything like that, so don’t worry too much about it. After the updates on signups, and as the tournament grows closer, there will be more information given on it.

HOST NATIONS

Royal Kingdom of Québec came out of nowhere in World Cup 62 and, after years of futility, have made some nice, growing presence in the international footballing community since then. Most recently, they have qualified into World Cup 69 after barely missing out on last two tries, and looks to improve on its record.
When it comes to hosting, Québec has hosted Baptism of Iron XIV and XV, World Junior Hockey Championships VII and most recently World Bowl XIV, as well as a pair of hockey invitationals and several seasons of his hockey and football league. The very nation behind this also looks to co-host World Cup of Hockey XXV before this Baptism of Fire. This would be Québec's first WCC event hosted, but there is plenty of experience there already.

Since arriving on the sporting scene shortly before the 54th Baptism of Fire - a tournament they finished second in - The Sarian has continued to develop; achieving a invite to both the 59th and 60th Cup of Harmony before shocking everyone to qualify for the 69th World Cup, in only it’s third attempt. Hosting wise, The Sarian has organized the Beltane Cup, a tournament for the participants of the 54th Baptism of Fire, hosting the premier edition, as well as hosting both the 17th and 19th World Lacrosse Championships. Like Quebec, this will be the Sarian’s first WCC bid if they are lucky enough to be honoured with the responsibility, but will dwell on past experience and advice from their more experienced co-hosts.

ALL-STAR GAME

After the conclusion of the tournament, a select XI will be selected from amongst the competing nations, based on players RPed by the particpants. They will play first The Sarian and then Québec, followed by a short RP by each host. Selection would be based on player performances / profiles RPed throughout the tournament, with the most impressive making up the team.

TIEBREAKERS AND OTHER ADDITIONAL STUFF

The tiebreakers will be of following:

1) Number of points;
2) Goal difference;
3) Head-to-head points;
4) Head-to-head goal difference;
5) Goals scored;
6) Head-to-head goals scored;
7) Drawing of lots. (OOC: RP bonus)

Any questions / suggestions / gushing praise / unerring criticism is welcome, either in this thread, via TG or on IRC.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Good bid. Nice combination of the two nations.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ratastan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ratastan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Stellar bid, good work!

(SJG's talking here)
A proud Romanian-Azerbaijani and rat puppet of San Jose Guayabal

Rats, rats everywhere.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Just a heads up that you might want to use this for the logo, since it doesn't have a white background all over it.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:27 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:When it comes to hosting, Québec has hosted Baptism of Iron XIV and XV, World Junior Hockey Championships VII and most recently World Bowl XIV, as well as a pair of hockey invitationals and several seasons of his hockey and football league. The very nation behind this also looks to co-host World Cup of Hockey XXV before this Baptism of Fire. This would be Québec's first WCC event hosted, but there is plenty of experience there already.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
A wild WCoH 25 Host Bid by Royal Kingdom of Quebec and Vaugania!

If we'll ever be chosen as the host, the everything thread will be up as soon as possible, based on the availability of hosts. Based on the timeframe that we have set for the time being, the most likely date for MD1 scorination will be 17th of October. Groups will be drawn 3 days prior to the MD1 scorination, so at the 14th. Exact cutoff time range for scorination will be released at the much later date, though it is very likely that for Quebecois half, it'll be around 16:00 (Toronto-NYC Time), and on Vauganian half 20:30 (Chicago Time). If there's a need for any expected scorination changes by the host, the host concerned will announce it at least 12 hours before the intended scorination time.

The above emphasis is mine.

My question to Quebec is this: Would your (possible) hosting of the WCoH cause any significant delays for the BoF?
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:40 pm

A very solid bid which I would have no problems voting for. My one question is this. Apart from the all star game at the end, will there be any extra RP incentives from either host during the tournament?
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:48 pm

Very nice bid, excellent written.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:48 pm

As I just returned from local arts festival(Nuit Blanche) and have been out for most of past 12 hours, I'll address the questions on my side in about 12 hours.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Jeckland wrote:A very solid bid which I would have no problems voting for. My one question is this. Apart from the all star game at the end, will there be any extra RP incentives from either host during the tournament?

Besides the increased chance of winning the each game and maybe even the tournament, no.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:33 pm

No comment on the bid as I no longer participate, but I did want to clarify:
Jeckland wrote:A very solid bid which I would have no problems voting for.

As far as I'm aware, BoF host voting is still exclusively EWCC-only.
Слава Україні!

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Liventia wrote:No comment on the bid as I no longer participate, but I did want to clarify:
Jeckland wrote:A very solid bid which I would have no problems voting for.

As far as I'm aware, BoF host voting is still exclusively EWCC-only.

Ah yes, you are right. Well I'd sitll have no problem voting for it - only I can't :P
Carry on.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Isula ge Ru
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Isula ge Ru » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:07 am

As a participant, I have a question pertaining to RP and grading, specifically the bonus for interaction and how much weight it will carry. I know I personally already have an RP line planned out in which I would prefer, and very well may request, other participants not become involved in. Will this hurt me? In terms of "interaction" with other RPers, do you mean that RPs of match events will co-ordinate and match, and that proper communication is utilized, or that RP storylines become intertwined?

Really, I'm worried about being negatively affected by not RPing with or in response to the RPs of another participant. Can a bidder clarify this for me?
Otherwise, very strong bid, it would be an honor to have my BoF hosted by you guys.
Follow the Isulan Football Federation on Twitter!
Champions: Baptism of Fire LVII
Quarterfinalists: Copa Rushmori XIX
Qualified: Confederations Cup IV

KPB Ranking: 11.68|79th

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am

Isula ge Ru wrote:As a participant, I have a question pertaining to RP and grading, specifically the bonus for interaction and how much weight it will carry. I know I personally already have an RP line planned out in which I would prefer, and very well may request, other participants not become involved in. Will this hurt me? In terms of "interaction" with other RPers, do you mean that RPs of match events will co-ordinate and match, and that proper communication is utilized, or that RP storylines become intertwined?

Really, I'm worried about being negatively affected by not RPing with or in response to the RPs of another participant. Can a bidder clarify this for me?
Otherwise, very strong bid, it would be an honor to have my BoF hosted by you guys.

I think that I'm not the ideal to answer here but as a previous host of BoF (Last one) and also one who used this system too, this doesn't hurt your chances if you RP constantly but don't interact with that. You can still being on fight but if you interact, that increases your chance like in 10%.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:57 am

Saintland wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:When it comes to hosting, Québec has hosted Baptism of Iron XIV and XV, World Junior Hockey Championships VII and most recently World Bowl XIV, as well as a pair of hockey invitationals and several seasons of his hockey and football league. The very nation behind this also looks to co-host World Cup of Hockey XXV before this Baptism of Fire. This would be Québec's first WCC event hosted, but there is plenty of experience there already.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
A wild WCoH 25 Host Bid by Royal Kingdom of Quebec and Vaugania!

If we'll ever be chosen as the host, the everything thread will be up as soon as possible, based on the availability of hosts. Based on the timeframe that we have set for the time being, the most likely date for MD1 scorination will be 17th of October. Groups will be drawn 3 days prior to the MD1 scorination, so at the 14th. Exact cutoff time range for scorination will be released at the much later date, though it is very likely that for Quebecois half, it'll be around 16:00 (Toronto-NYC Time), and on Vauganian half 20:30 (Chicago Time). If there's a need for any expected scorination changes by the host, the host concerned will announce it at least 12 hours before the intended scorination time.

The above emphasis is mine.

My question to Quebec is this: Would your (possible) hosting of the WCoH cause any significant delays for the BoF?

There won't be any significant delays caused for the BoF, for if my bid does get approved by the voters for WCoH on the very beginning hours of 9th, I am willing to start the thread, as soon as possible. In that instance, the MD1 could start even earlier, to around 14th or so. With the bid being single round robin when it comes to group stage matches and playoffs taking considerably lesser load(all series but finals, which will be with 5 games, will be of 3 games), it's more than guaranteed that potential clashing of group stage matches for both tournaments will not collide with each other.

From what I've seen in the past, signups and host bid voting procedures to take at least 3 weeks, the earliest that would be possible for the thread to open is 23rd of October. With giving about 5-7 days for rookies to post their rosters and RPs in, as well as a group draw most likely in place, it'll probably start around 28th-30th. The BoF will overlap from either quarterfinals(if WCoH starting at 17th), semifinals(14th) or Final but it won't affect me at all when it comes to hosting the Baptism of Fire.

Isula ge Ru wrote:As a participant, I have a question pertaining to RP and grading, specifically the bonus for interaction and how much weight it will carry. I know I personally already have an RP line planned out in which I would prefer, and very well may request, other participants not become involved in. Will this hurt me? In terms of "interaction" with other RPers, do you mean that RPs of match events will co-ordinate and match, and that proper communication is utilized, or that RP storylines become intertwined?

As SJG, a BoF host in his own right using this, have said, it is more than guaranteed that this won't negatively affect your RP bonuses. While interacting with other participants through RPs is desired, it will lightly increase your chances.

Even then, quality and creativity of RPs shall be taken with most emphasis on when marking the RPs, so don't worry too much.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Isula ge Ru
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isula ge Ru » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:48 am

As SJG, a BoF host in his own right using this, have said, it is more than guaranteed that this won't negatively affect your RP bonuses. While interacting with other participants through RPs is desired, it will lightly increase your chances.

Even then, quality and creativity of RPs shall be taken with most emphasis on when marking the RPs, so don't worry too much.[/quote]

Okay, so if I'm not wrong and perhaps oversimplifying, it would be more of an additional bonus? A "can't-hurt-only-helps" type of thing? Either way, it seems like it's a non-issue for everyone else, so I'm content in the knowledge that y'all think it'll be fine.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:17 am

As sign ups are currently at 36, we can start making some scenarios. None of these are set in stone, but should show the general gist of what we will be going for structure wise.

Staying at 36 teams: Nine groups of four, top team from each group qualifies alongside seven best runners up.

40 teams: Eight groups of five, top two sides from each group qualify.

42 teams: Six groups of seven, top two sides from each group qualify alongside the best two third placed sides.

44 teams: Eleven groups of four, top side and three best runners up qualify.

45 teams: Nine groups of five, group winners and the seven best runners up qualify.

48 teams: Twelve groups of four, top two and top eight third placed sides qualify for round of thirty two.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:21 am

The scenarios look great, considering that the last times were an amount of 50+, do you have another plans in mind?
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:27 am

San Jose Guayabal wrote:The scenarios look great, considering that the last times were an amount of 50+, do you have another plans in mind?

Of course, like I said - nothing is set in stone but it will continue the same theme. Small group stages, followed by a Round of Thirty Two in the case of numbers you're talking about.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:36 am

Just in case anyone missed it - this is the format we will be going for, if you decide to grant us the honour of hosting.
The Sarian wrote:45 teams: Nine groups of five, group winners and the seven best runners up qualify.

Scow Creek
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scow Creek » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:44 am

Looking forward to this!!!

Isula ge Ru
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isula ge Ru » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 pm

The Sarian wrote:Just in case anyone missed it - this is the format we will be going for, if you decide to grant us the honour of hosting.
The Sarian wrote:45 teams: Nine groups of five, group winners and the seven best runners up qualify.

Are signups for the BoF closed? Supposing three more nations sign up, will the format shift to the 48-team one?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Isula ge Ru wrote:
The Sarian wrote:Just in case anyone missed it - this is the format we will be going for, if you decide to grant us the honour of hosting.

Are signups for the BoF closed? Supposing three more nations sign up, will the format shift to the 48-team one?

It'll close after the announcement of voting results, so we'll have to see then. We'll consider all options available for us at that time.

Happy 420 Friends!

Nouvel Acadie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nouvel Acadie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:06 pm

And where, exactly, is the thread for voting....and who gets to vote?

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Nouvel Acadie wrote:And where, exactly, is the thread for voting....and who gets to vote?

You can't vote, also you are even not registered, but I'll help you.

First, go to this thread and sign up there.

Compete in the next three World Cup cycles with a roster and at least one RP to vote in this issues, you'll be part of the World Cup Council in that time and also just the people listed here may vote, but that shouldn't worry you now, I strongly suggest you to sign up, do a roster when the hosts create the thread for rosters and post a RP in the thread opened by the hosts for that purpose, I hope you enjoy the process, I give you a warm welcome to NS Sport, Nouvel Acadie.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:20 pm

San Jose Guayabal wrote:
Nouvel Acadie wrote:And where, exactly, is the thread for voting....and who gets to vote?

You can't vote, also you are even not registered, but I'll help you.

First, go to this thread and sign up there.

Compete in the next three World Cup cycles with a roster and at least one RP to vote in this issues, you'll be part of the World Cup Council in that time and also just the people listed here may vote, but that shouldn't worry you now, I strongly suggest you to sign up, do a roster when the hosts create the thread for rosters and post a RP in the thread opened by the hosts for that purpose, I hope you enjoy the process, I give you a warm welcome to NS Sport, Nouvel Acadie.

That's for the WCC. BoF voting is for the EWCC only.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports