NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Iron XVI Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 am

TO: Lord Almighty Gregory

Thank you for your kind message Gregory,first of all i would be very happy to pay the fine,i know it when my team has done something unacceptable. The money shall be given to a police officer on Monday when the team arrives at the stadium. And i would make it my personal duty to look after the player's and that they do not get into any mischief of any sort during there stay here.

But as the case of Mohaco,i am sorry to say but he was provoked by the fans...as you know Mohaco was a Hicanan who came to Patistan. He was provoked by anti-Patistani and anti-Hicanan remarks. In no way am i trying to justify Mohaco's action's but i think you should take into consideration of how your fan's behave during the match,may i suggest that you put a ban on Anti-Patistani and Anti-Hicanan remarks for the remaining time of the Baptism of Iron..? or at least till the time the Patistani team is staying here?

Also i'm pretty sure that Mohaco did not do the murder of the Prune farmer,of course Mohaco was somewhat known for his hate for Gregoryisgodistan but he was just a simple 19 year old kid who wanted to play football for Patistan. But i would allow police officers to question the remaining team for investigation. I also suggest that you advise civilians and police officers of Gregoryisgodistan to not look at the Hicanan's in our team with disgust or to the Patistani's,as it makes them uncomfortable and does effect them on the field during play.

On a less serious note,would you be able to upgrade our accommodation? we have had some "conflicts" with the staff at out hotel,and their is also the hygienic problems,the bathrooms here are mostly at times not clean and their have been sighting of rodents in the hotel. This makes the players feel bad and feel targeted,i and the team would be very happy if we could have a new hotel,or at least some upgrades to our current hotel's.

Thank you for your time

Sincerely
Jhanzeb Khan,head of the BOI Patistani delegation
Last edited by Patistan on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
]

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 am

Cutoff for quarterfinals.

Edit: And results.

The Patistan-Gregory Llama Land game will be scorinated by Buyan shortly.

Laiyenda 16–10 Serbian Orthodox Church Game delayed for 31 minutes after wind blew the goalposts over.
Abanhfleft 32–10 Bongo Johnson Game delayed for 19 minutes after goats escaped from the petting zoo at the FunFest outside the stadium and ran onto the field.
Aredshan 12–10 Silver Beach

Edit 2: And the results of the match scorinated by Buyan

Gregory Llama Land 9-23 Patistan National anthem singer sang fake Patistani national anthem about how they murder followers of the True Lord because they are jealous, wicked heathens.

Semifinal matchups:

Laiyenda vs. Patistan at Coastal Stadium
Abanhfleft vs. Aredshan at Creation Stadium
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Silver Beach
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Silver Beach » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:06 am

I know there isn't a point to RPing now, but I want the storyline heading into the World Bowl

Silver Beach loses heartbreaker to Aredshan on a last second, game winning field goal

Silver Beach found itself eliminated from the Baptism of Iron as a whole, when it suffered a heartbreaking 10-9 loss at the hands of Aredshan. After losing its last group game to Gregory Llama Land, they were hoping to be able to move on and defeat Aredshan in the quarterfinals. Neither team deserved to be eliminated this early in the competition, but unfortunately, one of them had too, and that team ended up being Silver Beach.

Dorian Zwarha played fairly well, but the key for Aredshan was the turnover margin. They won the turnover battle 4 to 1 in this game, and all 4 Silverian turnovers happened when they were inside Aredshani territory. Zwarha threw an interception when Silver Beach had the ball at the Aredshani 27 yard line, on the game’s opening drive, and Aredshan drove the ball all the way back down the field and got three points.

Silver Beach played really poorly on the other side of the 50 yard line. Zwarha lost a fumble when Silver Beach had a 3rd and 3 from the Aredshani 21 at the very end of the first half. Silver Beach also had a very long punt return that was fumbled, and Zwarha threw an interception in the end zone when they were down at the Aredshani 13 yard line at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Aredshan kept kicking field goals for the entirety of the game, and they took a 9-0 lead into the 4th quarter.

Silver Beach had a 9-0 deficit going into the 4th quarter. With 13:33 to go, they faced a 3rd and 12 from their own 35 yard line. They ended up going long with a slot receiver, and after Zwarha looked off the strong safety, the slot receiver was able to get in behind the defense and catch a long throw, and then walk into the end zone for 6 points as Silver Beach got within reach. It was 9-7 after the successful extra point.

The next three possesions in the game all ended up in punts. Silver Beach ended up with the ball at their own 22 yard line with just over 5 minutes left in the ball game. Zwarha marched their team down the field, and they got it to the 11 yard line of Aredshan. With 2:22 left, Silver Beach had scored a touchdown, but the score was negated by an offensive holding call downfield on a wide receiver. They ended up settling for three points, and with 1:58 left in regulation, Silver Beach held a slim 10-9 lead.

However, Aredshan was able to make use of their time on the clock. After a touchback, they were marched down the field by their quarterback, making good use of their timeouts until they were down at the Silverian 28 yard line with 4 seconds left on the clock. After a Silverian attempt to ice the kicker was no good, the opposing kicker drilled the 45 yard field goal as time expired and Silver Beach was heartbroken, no longer being able to play in the Baptism of Iron.

Silver Beach accomplished a lot of good things in the Baptism of Iron, going 5-2. They showed that their defense can compete with anybody, and is definitely the strong suit of their team. They showed an ability to remain energized, and that they can score from anywhere, scoring defensive touchdowns, special teams touchdowns, and offensive touchdowns throughout the 7 games they played in the tournament. However, they also showed that when the toughest competition came, specifically Gregory Llama Land and Aredshan, they were not able to pull out the victories. They will be watched closely in the World Bowl to see if they can fix some of their offensive issues against the world’s best teams.
Head of State: President Gabriel Kantor
Champions of- International Cardinal's Cup 1, Arena Bowl II
RP Population: 22 million
Reigning unofficial Unofficial World Champions(uUWC).

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 am

Part One, Part Two

This Is A Crazy Planets, Part 3

So after they executed that poor referee for failing to bow before a statue of Lord Almighty Gregory and forgetting his papers somewhere, the authorities finally found a new, replacement referee, and the match between Abanhfleft and Jachaelter can finally get underway. As I sat there watching our boys demolish our opponents with a flurry of touchdowns and field goals, a concessionaire came up on my aisle, selling--you wouldn't believe this--gruel rations! No, seriously! This guy was selling bowls of gruel on his front and on his back, ready to sell them "for the absolutely bargain price of just 25 greggygodbucks!" Oh, man, that was a bargain I wasn't walking away from. So yeah, I bought some gruel and began eating it. And then, while the Democratic Republic scored yet another touchdown, I had this very crazy idea. I took out my three-fourths-empty bag of caramelized popcorn and dumped what remained of it into the gruel. I scooped up a spoonful, made sure that I got some popcorn in there, and dropped the mix into my mouth. And while I wasn't really sure of the flavors I was experiencing, or what I was even supposed to experience in the first place, but by God it was psychedelic! What I wouldn't give to try this again...

It was Abanhfleft's off-day on the next day, and I was curious about these matches, because I've heard these stories about those who'd watched the earlier games, and they'd said that they saw all kinds of crazy shit like a flagpole falling on the goalposts, and some guy stealing some players' helmets and putting "heathens" on them. The funny thing was that the guy was even given a reward for, and I quote, "putting the heathens in their place." That's some next-level crazy shit going on in there, and boy would I love to see that and give that to my editor. Poor old sod would shit himself right where he sat. He he he, time to watch the craziest shit of my life...

And right when I decided to watch three straight matches in one day, that was the day when nothing crazy or remotely close to it happened on the gridiron. What the fuck. Boo, soli bayad! (Give me back my money!) I was told to expect crazy, life-changing shit, but what I got was some cheap show of some singer stepping on dogshit and getting executed for it, along with her family. And then the game was held up yet again as one of the cleaners also stepped on dogshit, and had to be executed along with the rest of his family too. What a shame this was the highlight of the day. Man, I feel so cheated. This isn't even good enough to send to my editor...

At least things began to heat up the day after. And by heating up, I meant it very literally. The first game of the day, between Serbian Orthodox Church and New Greek Republic, had to be delayed because Gregoryisgodistanis had set fire to the Serbians' locker room, forcing an evacuation of the site. Eventually firefighters put it out and the game was allowed to continue. And once again, the guys who set fire to the locker room were rewarded with 42,000 greggygodbucks for starting the fire and quote-unquote, "disrupting the heathens." But I don't think they were disrupted enough, as the Serbians won over the Greeks 22-14.

Ah, finally, some fun for Abanhfleft's game against The Urain. Fans poured prune juice onto the field, although for what purpose I have no idea. Anyway, they were "wasting rations graciously given to [them] by the Lord Almighty Gregory," and therefore all of them were executed on the 50-yard line along with their families. Man, Gregoryisgodistan has some kind of wicked birth control to keep their population at 75 million. Dang!

Now that my demands for crazy happenings had finally been sated, I was eager for more. The next day I woke up, eager to go on a football marathon once again, accompanied by my trusty caramelized popcorn and gruel. I was buying so much from the concessionaire that I had suspicions that I was quickly becoming his primary source of income. At least the game between the Democratic Republic and Atornas was exciting to say the least. Some fan decided to pull the fire alarm, forcing the evacuation of the entire stadium. Once the authorities discovered that it was just a prank, the fan was quickly discovered and executed along with his family. I'll be missing you, prankster man. Honestly. After that excitement, our boys on the gridiron gave us a whopper of a game, blowing out the opposition with a score of 47 to Atornas's puny 9. And then when it came time for the Serbian Orthodox Church to play once again, fans stepped onto to pitch and began burning books. Later on I found out that those books were copies of the Holy Book of the Serbian Orthodox Church, so basically they were bibles. Once again, I'm all for freedom of religion and freedom from religion, but sometimes I think book burnings are taking it a tad too extreme. You wouldn't want to tempt fate by burning a holy book only for a rainstorm to arrive, and then you get struck by lightning. Not worth the risk of exercising your freedom of expression. Well, at least they got 55,000 greggygodbucks for tempting fate. I wish I could be as brave for the money...

Ah, finally, the mid-tourney break! Time to rest this body of mine, and flush out the gruel-caramel mix that had refused to move out of my intestines... Ah, that's much better.

...And the quarterfinals are upon us! Abanhfleft have made it into this stage, and we are facing some country named Bongo Johnson. Whatever, man. We're out to win it. But before that, I watched the first game of the quarters on the telly. Well, at least I tried to watch it because after the goalposts got blown over by a peculiarly strong wind--shoddy construction right there, that wouldn't stand up to the Democratic Republic Building Code--the match was an absolute snorer. Laiyenda managed to get away with the win from the Serbian Orthodox, probably because the Serbs didn't have their main source of inspiration and morale: Gregoryisgodistanis calling them "heathens" and disrespecting their religion.

When it came time to play the game between Abanhfleft and Bongo Johnson, the game had to be delayed yet again after goats from the FunFest outside of the stadium somehow managed to escape their holding pens and run onto the field. Handlers had to run around trying to recapture the goats, and all this chasing around lasted all of 19 minutes. And boy, did the Democratic Republic deliver. They made four touchdowns, and sensing that their opponents were not taking them seriously, they went for the two-point conversions. Bongo Johnson couldn't even reply convincingly to our salvos, managing only a touchdown and a field goal. And with that, Abanhfleft was off to the semifinals.

For the semifinals we'll be facing some country named Aredshan. Already I can taste the finals. But I could also taste the caramel mixed with gruel, because I'd been eating that shit as my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for what, a week now. And I really can't wait for whatever kind of crazy shit the planet has got cooking for us in the semis.

Man, I love this crazy planets.

To be continued...
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Aredshan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aredshan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 am

Times of Aredshan

Today's issue (Issue 6) covers the demonstration held in the Aredshani city of Zibadel and the Baptism of Iron XVI quarterfinal results.

BEASTS PROGRESS; LOVE FOR SILVER BEACH
by JULIA RAFT & EMRUZ ROBERTSON | Sep 2, 2012

ZIBADEL, AREDSHAN- Mere hours after the Beasts defeated the Silver Beach 12-10 with a tight margin in the quarterfinals, hundreds of fans flocked to the streets of Zibadel in support of the Silver Beach.

Small Silver Beach flags were held and waved by many and chants of "We love Silver Beach" could be heard in the hour long demonstration. This was a part of the Aredshan Loves Silver Beach campaign scheduled to take place just after the quarterfinals match between the two countries ended.

Brett Hamdell, a renowned senior member of the Aredshani Pacifist Movement (APM), spearheaded the campaign and managed to obtain a demonstration permit from the central government.

"The timing was intentional. We wanted to tell our friends from the Silver Beach that no matter what happens in sports or politics or things like that, we want to be friends first and foremost," Brett Hamdell said to Times of Aredshan.

Several members of the Beasts reportedly attended the demonstrations as well.

Although the Aredshani government has been quiet throughout the competition, the Foreign Minister broke the silence by publicly expressing his appreciation for this event in a rare show of support shown towards the APM.

"Actions like this are what separates us from the Old Monarchy," Frederick Tynieli announced in his weekly television speech, referring to Aredshan's ousted former rulers, "I'm glad that members of our society are willing to step up and express their desires."

Zibadel is a city of approximately 500,000 located in the southern province of Aredshan. It is the country's third biggest city, and host to Aredshan's only football stadium.

----
Emruz Robertson is Times of Aredshan's reporter in Zibadel. Julia Raft has written for the Times of Aredshan since 2009.

Schedule:

-Abanhleft vs The Beasts
-Laiyenda vs Patistan

The teams who win will progress to the Championship Game.
The teams who do not will play for the third place.
Semi-Finals:

Participating Teams (Sorted Alphabetically)
Abanhfleft (from Group B)
Aredshan (from Group D)
Laiyenda (from Group A)
Patistan (from Group D)

RankingCompetition
3rdBaptism of Iron XVI
The Times of Aredshan - Premier Sport News (Updated!)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:00 am

Cutoff for the semifinals.

Edit: And results

Laiyenda 14–30 Patistan
Abanhfleft 24–16 Aredshan

Third Place Game: Laiyenda vs. Aredshan at Friends Field (To be scorinated September 3)
Final: Patistan vs. Abanhfleft at 617 Stadium (To be scorinated September 4)
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:30 am

Cutoff for third place match.

Edit:

And results

Aredshan 14–0 Laiyenda

Cutoff for championship game may be later than usual tomorrow. But no guarantees, so have your RP in by noon.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:56 am

"All right, lads," said the coach. "We're through to the finals. Only one team left to defeat before we finally bring in something for the trophy cabinet."

"You said it, sir," replied one of the reserve quarterbacks.

"We need to focus on keeping their backs and ends from getting to the end zone," Coach said. "Our opponents have a tendency to go for touchdowns if they sense their opposition getting sleepy and sloppy in defense. That's what we don't need, men. Sloppiness. That's already cost a lot of teams in this tournament. We can't afford this again."

"Now, on offense, we need to bowl our opponents into the ground. They're not pushovers, like some of our earlier opponents, which means we can't always go for two-point conversions when we need to. If all else fails, we have the special teams. This is game time, boys. We need to give our all for this. For the country! Hands on me! One, two, three!"

"Abanhfleft! Vyievra!"

(OOC: So sorry for the low-quality post. I need to sleep soon, and this is all my brain will allow me to type. Can't even continue my This is a Crazy Planets series.)
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 am

The Story of Mohaco Santiago

This is the last part

Nevo Esperanso,the place where practically every Patistani-Hicanan resided. Mohaco Santiago was one of their idol's,for he was the first Hicanan to ever represent Patistan in Gridiron football. They watched him in every match and rooted when he scored,for them this was pride and every touchdown he made on Gregoryisgodistani soil was somewhat a type of revenge for the Hicanan's. But then the match against Nue Engollon started...

They saw the match live in the city square. They saw it live when Mohaco lost his temper,they saw it live when Mohaco took the gun from the guard and started shooting blindly at the crowd. All the crowd at the city square gasped and murmured,but they had that fiery feeling inside their gut,which told them that Mohaco was doing the right thing. That he was doing it all for Hicana,and that Gregoryisgodistan deserved it...then they saw Mohaco fall.

Mohaco fell to the ground and the people knew that he won't get back up,their was only silence in the big city for those 10-15 seconds. Then they heard Mohaco say his final words "Freedom to Hicana,freedom to Patistan,death to Greogryisgodistan". This made tear's travel down the face of almost every Hicanan their,then someone called out in a loud tone "Viva La Mohaco,Viva La Hicana,Viva La Patistan" this was repeated by the crowd.

The crowd then started chanting the national Anthem's of Hicana and Patistan,some cried when singing it,other's sang with passion. But it didn't take long for the violence to start,a sizable number of Hicanan's protested violently against the local council,they targeted on the reason of why the local council wasn't communicating with the central government on this issue. The protest's claimed 75 lives,23 of the people who were killed belonged to the 50 man local council.

The remaining local councilor's stated that a 4 day mourning period was to be held in Nevo Esperanso,they also requested the central government to enact a curfew in Nevo Esperanso due to fear's of more violence. The government refused to accept the Curfew proposal and also removed the 4 day mourning period on the basis of it being immoral,this made almost all of the Hicanan's in Patistan protest against the government and called for the government to place harsh sanctions on Gregoryisgodistan and encourage other nation's to do the same,this was refused by the government. The protest's that came took 80 lives.

Every Patistani somewhat supported the Hicanan's in some way or another,because they knew that Gregoryisgodistan took Patistan seriously,while the Patistani government took Greogryisgodistan as a joke and another nation who had corrupted views. Every Patistani knew that Gregoryisgodistan wouldn't hesitate going at war with Patistan,while our government would hesitate on the decision to even protect the nation or not. What Mohaco did might have been immoral and not called for,but it gave a message to Gregoryisgodistan. That Patistan was ready to fight at any given moment against them,that the hate Gregoryisgodistan had for Patistan wasn't even close to the hate Patistan possesed for Gregoryisgodistan. Mohaco showed this to them,and every Patistani loved him for that.
]

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:22 am

Since both nations have posted RP's and I have to clean out my entire room so they can take down the ceiling and wall, I'm going to cut off now. Results to follow.

Edit: Results

Abnahfleft 20–7 Patistan

Congratulations to the winner and commiserations to the loser. TG's with constructive advice will go out within the next few days as per my bid.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Laiyenda
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Laiyenda » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Sorry I was unable to RP during this event, stuff got busy! Other than that, congratulations to the winner, and thanks to Gregoryisgodistan for hosting this event, what I read was great!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports