NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the IX Olympiad: RP/IC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Oaklands
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Oaklands » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:58 am

WHITEFAY HERALD
Sports: No Medals Yet For The Oaklands
A Review of Day 2, and a Preview of Day 3
by Jackson Nugent, Olympic Correspondent

Day 2 saw the first of the cycling, with two men and two women in the two time trial events. However, no rider finished near the top, with Liz Adams finishing in 29th place and Evelyn Murphy in 45th. Cycling correspondent Michael Dueman interviewed Liz Adams. She said, " It wasn't a bad cycle but looking back I see that I should have started more aggressively to build up more speed. Ah week, I know for next time." In the Men's event, Brandon Brown finished 62nd and James Wood finished 99th, but one sensed they were holding back to save energy for the more important road race tomorrow.

Elsewhere, the women's Handball and Hockey teams impressed with victories. The Handball team beat Britonisea 29-24, with Kirsten Morris scoring 11 times. Hayley Richards talked to her afterwards, and she said, "I think we played well, especially as it is our first ever international match. Our speed on the attack was a strong point, and I'm very glad that I have scored so many to help us to the win. Hopefully this is the start of a winning streak that takes is far in the competition." The Oakland won their Hockey match against Livonia 3-1, with two goals from Jane Harrison and one from Lauren Mortar making it an all round impressive win. Charlotte Baxter, head of USO Hockey, spoke to Lewis Marigold. "I was very impressed with the girls today. We had rock solid defence and an imaginative strike force that found ways through a pretty strong opposition defence. I couldn't be more pleased right now." Neither football team were as fortunate, however, with the men's team losing 1-0 and the women's team losing 3-2.

Day 3 brings Handball, Hockey and Basketball, all the men's this time, with the Basketball team hoping to carry on the good work.

DAY 0
BASKETBALL
Men's Pool Phase
The Oaklands 72-66 Slave State
Women's Pool Phase
The Oaklands 88-92 Nova Anglicana

DAY 1
ARCHERY
Men's Ranking Round
648-Ralph Part (114th)
643-Jack Lucas (139th)
Women's Ranking Round
640-Nora Baker (89th)
636-Mildred Havich (108th)
633-Taylor Forrest (120th)

DAY 2
CYCLING
Men's Time Trial
1:06:23-Brandon Brown (62nd)
1:09:07-James Wood (99th)
Women's Time Trial
36:33.83-Liz Adams (29th)
36:50.00-Evelyn Murphy (45th)
FOOTBALL
Men's Pool Phase
The Oaklands 0-1 Peruvian Highlands
Women's Pool Phase
The Oaklands 1-2 Sargossa
HANDBALL
Women's Pool Phase
The Oaklands 29-24 Britonisea
HOCKEY
Women's Pool Phase
Liventia 1-3 The Oaklands
Last edited by The Oaklands on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Roleplaying Nation in the Region of World Changers.
1st: UWCFA Gold Cup III

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X IX Olympiad MD2 RP

Postby 95X » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:00 am

from 95X wire reports:
95X Volleyball falls to Wray; Xi Foureleven gets hat trick in soccer victory
Service errors in the Fourth Set sent 95X to a defeat against Wray, 3-1. Danielle Onefiftyeighth powered the team to set point in the third game on a 9-0 rally, but the momentum didn't move forward.

In soccer, Xi Foureleven scored all three goals in the 95X 3-0 victory over Kannap. The women's soccer team, filled with all-stars handpicked by Foureleven herself, held possession for over sixty minutes of the match and held the ball on the attacking side of the pitch for much of the time.

In other news, the men's soccer team played a scoreless tie with San José Guayabal, and women's field hockey fell to Barunia, 6-2.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:00 am

Anything you post from now on will count towards your Day 4 RP bonus, because this is your Day 3 cutoff.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:32 am

Early Cutoff. Shoot

Poor Dispach and great Larry.

Two days ago poor Korran Dispach was beaten by Mitchell Taylor of Wray. This was very unexpected result as we thought that Korran Dispach woupd get through to the secobd round quite easily but apparently not. Even though Korran Dispach got out on the first day of Full Sports, the great P P Larry won his match against Hjinka Holainen (COS). He beat Holainen in 3 sets. They had to go through a deciding round and that is not good. We do not want P P Larry to get in to this because it means that the Tennis world number 19 is not fit to be playing badminton. If he loses, this will not look good on his record coming in to the First Olympiad of The Union of Confederate Regions. If he wins then he will be certain of coming in to the Olympiad as ranked number one. Tennis is yet to start in Kytler Peninsulae but the groups are not doing to well for Britonisea so Britonisea needs to step their games up. P P Larry said after his maych yesterday "I am very happy and I feel fie Korran Dispach and I really want him to do well but I think I will be out very soon. I can feel it. Can't you. That will just give me more time to pactise for the regionals. " Korran Dispach said "I was so sad losing against the bre from Wray because I was pretty sure that I was going to win. 3, 933, 000, 000 people was behind me. This Olympiad better be here in Britonisea next year." We later told him that wasnot going yo happen. He went metal before he was kicked out the nation. He is still traveling home. Bless him. The Oakland beat Britonisea in Handball a close 29-24. The team captin was not too angry though he was not happy. He said "They people played well. They played very well and Oakland played well. We did make a good impression at Kytler Penninsulae and they all know this. Specracular" The Handball team went out for a nice drink in Zube near the Olympic Stadium and no, they did not have alcohol bt they had glases of Apple and Orange Juice. They have a great tactic for today but is it going to play out?
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:06 am

(OOC: KP, given your time is probably being eaten up wrangling thousands of pretend athletes I won't be offended if there's no response.)

= = = Official Communiqué = = =

To: Martin Bartlett, Committee Organising the Kytlerian Olympics
Re: Current Security Situation

Señor Bartlett,

In light of your recent press conference and the growing security demands necessitated by the presence of the pariah state of Gregoryisgodistan in both Zube and Kytler Bay City I have been authorised by my government to offer the assistance of both Sargossan expertise and manpower in an effort to stabilise the situation. The growing sense of unease surrounding the Games of the Ninth Summer Olympiad is simply unacceptable and we, as members of both the Olympic Council and the (OOC: probably defunct) Rushmori Defence Pact, have a responsibility to provide assistance where possible. Particularly where Sargossan citizens are among those under threat.

We of course understand that the deployment of foreign security personnel on Kytlerian soil is no perfect solution but, should this offer be accepted it goes without saying that any such deployment would be with the full cooperation of the Kytlerian authorities and all Sargossan personnel involved in such a deployment would come under the control of the Kytlerian command structure for the duration of the operation.

As I say, this is no perfect solution. But the offer remains there for as long as you have need of it.

Yours sincerely,

Ricardo Aranda
President
Olympic Authority Of Sargossa

= = = Official Communiqué = = =

Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Hazamaeia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hazamaeia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:25 am

OOC: Man, I didn't know that the cutoff will be this early. Hufft.

Tweet from the president at https://twitter.com/LTntrenomolazae

LTÉntrenomolazaeia ‏@LTntrenomolazae 10m
Indeed Aorkiva, you must not fail! #TeamHaza http://pic.twitter.com/UnyO84uTma

LTÉntrenomolazaeia ‏@LTntrenomolazae 7m
beside the competition, Ksanisa from Tavannur is also enjoying the diversity in the #IXOlympiad #TeamHaza http://pic.twitter.com/0hVtUJSGRb

LTÉntrenomolazaeia ‏@LTntrenomolazae 6m
robots #TeamHaza http://pic.twitter.com/85vSA2fXHg

oh hey look, another tweet

LTÉntrenomolazaeia ‏@LTntrenomolazae 4m
and the 3 pictures before are my own creation in Inkscape if you're asking Who says a president always need a man to do his own job?

oh, and another new tweet

LTÉntrenomolazaeia ‏@LTntrenomolazae 2m
oh yeah, but youre right. I am not actually didn't took the photos, I got other things to do ! I'm a president!

LTÉntrenomolazaeia ‏@LTntrenomolazae now
that includes improving my English grammar skills..
Last edited by Hazamaeia on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Hazamaeia!
Travel guide | Hazam phrasebook
Overview | Embassy and Consulate Program | NSWiki.org
Please keep Hazamaeia beautiful!

Hi, Earth! I'm Rimarua from the Hazameian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I'll be handling this account now for Hazamaeia replacing Vice-Minister Ranuwavimranure so he can focus more on his higher duty in the ministry.

I also play badminton and will represent my nation in the next Olympic. At that time, I'll be most likely replaced by my roommate here, Arina. She works at the grocery store next to our apartment.

Why are you saying bad things about me, Rima? I am an author and I own that grocery store!
Oh look! She won the gold medal. Now I should stand her bragging about it.

This is still my eyes though.

Vigorato
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vigorato » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:30 am

Chapter XVI - IL PRINCIPE - 28th of October 1867
A day of firsts

BAY CITY, Kytler Peninsulae – The opening day of the Olympics has brought the Vigoratan delegation their first Olympic hero. Ruggero D’Aiuto overcame the odds and managed to qualify for the final of the longest freestyle distance. On the whole, the five opening entries did not disappoint, with a special remark for Ettore Persichetti who qualified for the next round in the rowing competition single sculls.

“It will remain the most beautiful moment of my career.” If some of our readers wonder what the Olympic dream, the magic of this high mass of international sports, constitutes, then these words of Naldo Speranza might make it clear to him. The result of Speranza, eventually parking in 51th position will probably gather dust rather quick, still we shouldn’t overlook his performance. First of all, he swam a personal record that at once became the national best - if only for a good hour. With this time, he surprisingly made the middle of the pack, very respectable after the difficulties he dealt with this year. Injuries prevented him from doing well, but our first Olympian caught the right form just in time.

But most praise was of course for Ruggero D’Aiuto, who started at a seemingly impossible pace. “I was lucky enough to be drawn with Koelewijn, who of course received great support from the home crowd. With him in the lane besides me, I could outdo myself.” That is the least one can say, as he went to 07:17 halfway, a time that was both incredible and unsustainable. Still, the Kytlerian-Vigoratan duo kept on pacing away from the field, refusing to lay down against the limits of nature. As a result, both went side by side to the finish where they broke through the best time at that moment of Cedric Mabry, an Anglican. The Vigoratan NR was already lying in a corner by then, battered with over twenty-five seconds.

When asked about this incredible best time, D’Aiuto could find two explanations. “I never swum so well, that is for sure, but I’ve also been working on a new technic for turning the last few days. During the training with other nations, I noticed their very different technic and I quickly learned. It paid off for at least ten seconds.” Either way, a marvellous performance of the 24-year old man from Scelicce, who owns a small shoe repair shop with his father. D’Aiuto only made the Olympics after an event organised by the neighbourhood, which brought in the necessary ducati’s for the long and expensive trip to the Kytler Peninsulae.

With the best time of all participants, D’Aiuto looked to the last three heats with much nerves, but one by one, all favourites failed to break it. Cetkovic, Boliver, Globev, Supare, ... All names we won’t see in the final. Eventually, only the Paradystopian Gobshyte went two hundredths of a second faster than our brave compatriot, he is immediately the superfavourite for the title. Granero (SRG), Voronov (RZN) and Gordon (VYK) are considered the men for the other medals, but with no pressure at all, D’Aiuto can always amaze. “I’ve got nothing to lose, but it will be a matter of staying calm.”

With the glory in the pool in mind, we went to the rowing action where another Vigoratan outperformed himself. Being in the fifth of eight heats, Ettore Persichetti had a bright start, coming in as second at the half-way mark. He would not get past his Euran opponent in the remainder of the course, but his excellent time allowed the Palezzan to qualify for the next round. “I did not expect this, but there was a bit of wind and that might have favoured me. Either way, I’m glad to avoid the tiring repechages, so I can immediately prepare for the quarterfinals.”

No such quarterfinals exist in the coxless pairs, where a field of 31 boats partook. Much to the disappointment of Contini and Bagnasco, who won their heat but nonetheless will have to return for a second turn. “Seventh if six qualify,” a visibly disappointed Contini sighed, “that’s the worst position. It will be a matter now of not worrying too much. You can break your head overthinking where it went wrong, but there’s no time for it. It’s pretty simple, we just have to do this race once more.” Contini and Bagnasco will race already tomorrow, only the winner of each group of five combinations partakes in the semi-finals.

Also present in the repechages, although on Monday, will be the coxed eights. They never recovered from a poor start and only managed to keep three of the competing teams behind them. “We made grave mistakes,” leader Charini explained, “but those are normal. In the future, we should send a team that works together for a year, not one that has been scrounged together last minute.” Clear words, it seems, but one should note that it would have been extremely difficult to gain a proper result in the most contested of rowing competitions.

As said are Contini and Bagnasco returning to the lake already tomorrow, along with the quadruple combination from Dilucci led by Lucio Puricello. In their coxless fours competition, the nine best qualify for the semis. In the pool, it is an important day for Ippolito Frasca. The winner of the last three Trofeo’s Gianpaolo III in the 200 metres will partake along with Savio Benevento in his favourite distance. “I think the semi-finals are not an unrealistic target, but it will require me to be at my best level,” the 27-year old told us. As well diving in are the 4x100 team, although with less ambition. For Tudisco, Cribari, La Venta and final swimmer Damiano Pignatelli, it will be a matter of proverbially testing the water. Especially for the latter, the main focus is on the single event. Last but not least, there is the first action concerning weightlifting, where Ciro Lariccia sets his target at the top ten. “I wouldn’t be satisfied with less,” the triple winner of the Golden Halter spoke. Great promises of the Vigoratan delegation for the second day of the Olympics.

Wild Isle
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wild Isle » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:27 am

Taparuamotu Olympic update

Day 2

Men's Football
Taparuamotu Tapuwhenga lost two goals to one in their first game against Schottia. Tapuwhenga team will play Thatius next.

Tapuwhenga Update

Taparuamotu Tapuwhenga lost their first game at the hands of Schottia. The two teams seemed evenly matched, but thanks to terrific Schottian goalkeeping and an unbreakable defense, Schottia won the match. Taparuamotu offense never really found the secret to breaking down Schottia's defense. Their only goal came from a perfectly placed header by Auaoa from a corner. Schottia scored early in the first half to set the tone. The rest of the half was spent with Taparuamotu players getting nowhere with Schottia's defense. Tapuwhenga started the second half fast paced and lively to try to catch the opposition off guard. It worked, in the 49th minute a corner was awarded due to Noa's fast run to the corner. Noa rushed players into the box with one thing in mind. Noa took the short corner to Muatua who volleyed it back to Auaoa waiting at the far post. It was a tap in header. Taparuamotu continued their random vicious attacks, which resulted in more shots on goal. Eventually Schottian defense caught on and placed players in position for a breakaway, anticipating TPR defenders to move up. It paid off, in the seventy-eighth minute, a cleared free kick landed at the the feet of a Schottia attacker two defenders rushed to him leaving the middle open for the other forward. Ā said after the game that the winning goal was a stupid mistake, and a powerful shot.

Game 1
1-2 Schottia

Game 2
Vs. Thatius

Game 3
Vs. Sanctaria
Puppet of Salchar

Isula ge Ru
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Isula ge Ru » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:31 am

OOC: Damn the early cutoffs, phone RPs, and everything

Siolæsĉigu Samuél Uitau Alha tightened his death hold on his racquet, letting each hit on the shuttlecock jar his fingers ever so slightly. It was the first set of his first ever Olympics, round one of the Men's Badminton Tournament, a tourney Isula ĝe Ru was set to dominate. All he needed was to beat the man on the other end of the net, Sean Nordraak from Thatius. The shuttlecock slammed into the racquet again as he easily parried an attempt at strategic placement. It plunged down over the net and onto his opponents' side, his racquet unable to salvage the point. A smattering of applause rang out, and a voice boomed in a queer tongue, but the numbers on the scoreboard were undeniable. He was 18-17 up, had just won the 17-all volley that had had the match quagmired for some minutes. He reset himself and jumped about a little. There was nothing to stop him, nothing to say that the Isulans weren't going to take this tournament, and the entire competition, by extraordinary storm. Badminton was an Isulan sport, and the Isulans intended to win it the way only Isulans can. He felt the impact again, setting his body to send the shuttlecock whirring, scoring him another point. Rapidly, he had a set point at 20-17, and was taking full advantage, parrying and delivering in speed, defending his ground, slowly stepping forward, and finally slamming the birdie down, delivering a death blow to the set. His first ever set was his, 21-17. The polite applause sounded thunderous in his ears.
But when he wiped his face off with the Isulan Badminton Team's signature silver towel, felt the balance of his racquet, shook hands, and assumed another side to defend, it was clear that the second set would be different, and not the good different. In a few short minutes, he was down 10-6, and the polite applause dug into his ears, clawing at his brain and turning his concentration and focus to wobbly liquid. He continued to connect, but his parries were sloppy, not well placed, and in a short while he was swatting at the shuttlecock, whapping at the ball, and before long sending it into the net multiple times. He lost that set viciously, 21-13. The towel was thrust angrily against his face, his breath came ragged and torn, his third set play was an utterly different style than the first, he tore at the shuttlecock, ripping it across the net, leaping with no mind for strategy as the sweat sliced itself out of his pores and ran down the side if his face. He held his own until it was tied 10-10, when he lost his drive. There was nothing to do but watch, as the strange announcement boomed "match point" and the ball hit the ground in front of him, eliminating him from the Olympic Games. The polite applause was deafening.

Samuél Forĉu Saramaria was glaring at a camera in yet another International Broadcast Center at yet another Olympics. Asking him if he was happy about it would likely only get you a grunt and a swear word. The camera light turned his eyes to flaming slits as he stared angrily at the lens. The moment the on-air light went on, however, his anger faded to open congeniality.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! My name is Samuél Forĉu Saramaria, and I am your Olympic roundup host for today. I'm sure you have all been watching these Olympic Games, but for those who may not have seen it all, this is your nightly update on all Isulan athletes and teams in Zube and Kytler Bay City."

Highlights and clips played behind him as he rattled off the results.

"In Bay City and the men's 1500 meter qualifying, Ionatan Uesemi, the Isulan main swimming hopeful, failed to qualify for the final, coming 27th. Ionatan has plenty other events he's swimming in, including tomorrow.
And he certainly wasn't finished for the day. In the 100m qualifiers, he came a satisfactory 20th, qualifying for the semifinals, where he unfortunately came last out of 24.
In the Women's 100m backstroke qualifiers, Maria Saidosolhu Calaĉe came fifteenth, claiming a semifinal spot along with her teammate Belé Maria More, who came 23rd. In the semifinal, however, both failed to get to the final. Finishing in a tie for thirteenth and fifteenth respectively, but their day wasn't over either.
The Isulan Women's 4x100m Freestyle relay team snagged fourth in the heats, and excellent ranking in the final. In that final, unfortunately, they came eighth and well off the pace.
Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was the 60kg men's Judo competition, where Ĉarle Maria ĝe Bara blazed through Pool 2, defeating Jakub Armando and Franz Reiniger before losing to Dan McNeal in the Pool final. In the repechage, a defeat of Dean Nikolić earned him a spot in the Bronze Medal final against his old rival Dan McNeal. Again, however, he couldn't pull off the victory, losing the bronze medal but paving the way for Isulan Judo to perhaps take a stronger root.
In Zube, the Women's Team archery ground to a halt in the first round as they lost 218-212 to Gregoryisgodistan, the horrifying nation of slaves and dictators who did end up finishing fourth.
Zube was the site for the sport many Isulans believe is theirs to lose. Badminton began today, and the Isulans delivered. In the Men's Singles,
Dabit Uelhiu Marcasæa easily moved to the second round, trouncing Lymantatia's Edward Stevens 21-17, 21-17. Nicolamaria ĝ'Oriu removed the Euran Martin Koan from the competition 21-17, 21-11, and Isulan Badminton dominance had been thoroughly established. The only male to lose in the singles was Samuél Uitau Alha, who fell to Sean Nordraak of Thatius 17-21, 21-13, 21-15. All three Isulan doubles teams had byes on the male side, though that competition did begin today as well. In the Women's singles, Iessica Iibitor Salha did lose to Karin Zhang, but Natalha Saidolhura Lariu made up for it with a 21-6, 21-19 battering of Jocelyn Massaud. Maria Fodu Salhiu capped off the round with a 21-18, 21-14 win over Barbara Oliver.
Isulan success in the Badminton Mixed Doubles began in the second round, with Nicolamaria ĝ'Oriu and Iessica Iibitor Salha taking a 21-14, 21-16 over a pair from Gloriax. The pair of Dabit Uelhiu Marcasæa and Maria Fodu Salhiu won as well, with Samuél Uitau Alha and Natalha Saidolhura Lair ensuring every Isulan pair went on to round 3
In the Women's Cycling time trial, Elhisabet ĝo Œr took a respectable sixth.
Isulan team sports fell viciously, the Women's handball team losing 30-25 to Nassau. One bright spot was a thrilling Pool M hockey match which the Isulan women took 3-2 over Sargossa.
Table Tennis, another area Isulans expect to do well in, also began, though Iessica Matamaria Lesoco lost viciously to Estope's Nadia Gustar. Maria Boa Etapa salvaged the day with a 4-1 win over Pelageya Margareta of Alianza Albos.
The Isulan women fell to 0-2 in Volleyball, losing in 3 sets to Nova Angelica, and the Football began with a painful 4-1 loss to Swibia for the Men. It wasn't as painful as a five-nil thrashing given to our women by Nassau."

The moment the camera turned off, Samuél took a shot of Vodka. This would be a long two weeks.
Follow the Isulan Football Federation on Twitter!
Champions: Baptism of Fire LVII
Quarterfinalists: Copa Rushmori XIX
Qualified: Confederations Cup IV

KPB Ranking: 11.68|79th

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:48 am

Vlade Drinac's Letter To Head Of Police in Zube

We have received reports of an incident involving a Serbian national who was shot with an arrow fired by Lady Soldier CLAMPASI. She had intentions of killing Lidija Kovic, but missed high and the arrow drifted into the crowd. I wonder if she can be arrested for attempted homicide or assault with a deadly weapon for her violent outburst. Otherwise, we may need to hire Seresco security guards and bring in troops from the Serbian Empire to protect our fans from errant archers, gunmen, and Enemy Crushers.

News Updates

A Serbian Empire national by the name of Momcilo Petrovic has been hospitalized in fair condition after an injury involving an arrow to his shoulder. His condition has markedly improved. He's a lucky man that it didn't hit his subclavian artery as the arrow missed that artery by about five millimeters or so his family has told the media. The bleeding was restricted to veins thus explaining why he survived in the first place. The collarbone has been broken and causing him some discomfort to the point we can't give a better rating. He may be released to return back home to Beograd in as little as two days. It has been stated that security guards have been stationed outside of Mr. Petrovic's room due to the edict from Lord Almighty Gregory who has put a million greggygodbucks bounty on any Serbian nationals killed by Gregoryisgodistani citizens. Rarely is this done in either the Kytler Peninsula or Serbian Empire to protect a patient, but Serbian billionaire Ales Dusanovic has supposedly paid for this security detail as to deny Lady Soldier CLAMPASI or any other Gregoryisgodistani from killing Petrovic.

The Kelssek Olympic Committee has put their entire delegation under lockdown due to Lord Almighty Gregory's absurd bounty for Serbian Empire citizens. There's orders that athletes are not to leave the village unless it is to compete. The Serbian Empire refuses to do such lockdowns, but has placed orders for all Serbian nationals including athletes to not attend the Shooting events. We are strongly considering sending military police to aid with the security at this time. They can be deployed as early as Monday if need be, but I hope that Lord Almighty Gregory will withdraw his bounty on Serbian nationals.

Results

No medals to be had today as mechanical failures involving Mia Garkovich and Mirela Blagojevic occurred late in the race as the gears started malfunctioning. Marina Brankovich struggled to 97th with Gabriela Mirkovic even further behind also struggling with gearing issues. The only Serbian cyclist to not have gearing issues was Darko Maravic and he finished in 21st place. Alen Halidar was a bit over eleven minutes behind his teammate. It's widely believed that the new integrated brake-shifter levers that the Serbian cyclists have been using happened to cause issues with the derailleur cable stretching and making the gear changes unresponsive.

Catastrophic failures occurred with Garkovich in particular where her rear derailleur hanger made a snap and within the length of about twenty meters she had to dismount as the rear wheel broke off with multiple broken spokes and chain damage. Blagojevic had a milder failure while leading experiencing a similar sound, but upon inspecting saw the pin had been sheared although not with the dramatic failure Mia had just a few kilometers earlier her. Tomasz Radnicki's was the only DNF not related fully to the rear derailleur system although he admitted there was unresponsive braking as he collided with Luke Wild bending the fork. Bledar Ahmedsovic essentially had an identical failure to Mirela Blagojevic with a sheared pin.

Tomorrow's Schedule
There's not a single Serbian national competing. We have only one restriction, no Serbian athletes can go to shooting events. There's rumors that the Serbian Empire's bike mechanics are changing components to the racing bicycles. That would be to replace the gearing systems, braking, and rear derailleurs to a different manufacturer's due to the severe mechanical failure that occurred to Mia Garkovich who narrowly avoided injury with a well timed dismount. She's willing to have a press conference to speak about the most spectacular mechanical failure in recent memory in cycling.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Day 3 results begin here and continue for several more posts, the last of which contains a nice big medals table.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Ceniana to Cooperate with Terrorist Investigation
Wednesday, August 13
Story by Marcos Cardozo

Zube, the Kytler Peninsulae: After two men were arrested on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack, and a third fled from police, restrictions were placed on air travel to the Kytler Peninsulae, with Ceniana being one of the most affected carriers. Meanwhile, Javelin Airways, a subsidiary of Ceniana, one of the world's largest carriers, has confirmed that it had provided information to the Kytler Peninsulae to aid in its investigation.

Conav Tylavee, Javelin Airways spokesperson, said that the alleged planners of the attacks had flown on both Ceniana and Javelin Airways to get from Wellington International Airport, Yohannes, where Ceniana operates its Maredoratican hub, to the major airport serving the games, Zube International Airport. "All three people allegedly involved in the planning of a terrorist attack took Ceniana from Wellington to Cenial, where they transferred to Antillia before finally heading to the Games," he said. Where they were before Yohannes is unknown, as Ceniana did not handle the ticket.

According to Tylavee, the carrier's security operations had not detected any "anomalous" activity from the three suspects. Their bags were randomly searched by security screeners in Cenial. "We found no bombs or any other dangerous substances in their luggage," said the screener responsible, who wished not to be identified. An aviation security agent in Cenial also said that the suspects' passports checked out.

Tylavee also said that his carrier would work in full cooperation with the authorities. "We will provide information to the authorities if they request it in a full and expeditious manner," he said. "We will be happy to help the Kytler Peninsulae in their investigation in whatever way we can."

Ceniana said that an internal investigation would be reviewing the carrier's security processes. "We will be making an effort to ensure that all of our passengers and crewmembers are safe." Ceniana is a founding member of the International Civil Aviation Safety Board (ICASB), which will send a team to aid the carrier in reviewing and possibly changing its security procedures. Ceniana was rated one of the world's safest airlines by the ICASB.

Kytlerian officials released no details of the suspects' alleged plan, stating only that they were arrested "on suspicion of planning terrorist activity." It is unclear whether they are members of a larger terrorist organization or whether they were acting alone. It is also unclear whether they were indeed nationals of Yohannes or whether they were merely using forged passports.

They also refused to elaborate on whether spectators or participants of the games are still under threat. As the third suspect is still at large after the confrontation with police, large numbers of police are on his trail and the games are being patrolled with officers. The three men resisted arrest, but two of them were apprehended after a short scuffle. The three men have been indicted on charges of resisting arrest, while third was also indicted on charges of assault of a police officer and escaping arrest.

Kytlerian officials said they would be implementing new security measures at the airports that funnel passengers into the games. They include more stringent screening, both of bags and of persons, as well as unspecified measures restricting flights in and out of the airports deemed "prudent and practical." They have not been released to the public, but all airlines that operate out of the airports have been notified, said officials.

In other related news, agents from Gregoryisgodistan supposedly made threats to a games organizer, who passed the threats on to the organizing committee. To ensure that the games would remain safe, several shooting events scheduled to be held Saturday were indefinitely postponed in order to avoid a threat. A Gregoryisgodistani archer also shot and wounded a Serbian citizen in the bronze medal match. Olympic authorities have said they are conducting an investigation into the matter.

King Pedro I has condemned all efforts to "strike fear into athletes and spectators at the Olympics," saying that extremist groups "must be stopped." He also said that the international community needed to find "camaraderie and brotherhood in order to repulse groups dedicated to destroying human life."

The climate of fear at these Olympic Games is ironic, considering that at the end of the games, a memorial day to honor the victims of a terrorist attack at the Olympic Games in Lasft will be held. Groups had petitioned the Olympic Council to hold an event ever since dozens were killed by a radical group.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 pm

OOC: The first article below is the Gregoryisgodistani state media propaganda article about what happened. The second article is from FactChecker.net, an international news site, and is about what really happened.

Gregoryisgodistan drops 1,000 solar-powered bombs on The Serbian Empire

Lord Almighty Gregory, in his infinite glory, has organized a military strike of The Serbian Empire where the military dropped 1,000 solar-powered bombs on the heathen, wicked, sinner nation. Each of these bombs has the strength of the atomic bomb. Naturally, this resulted in major casualties in The Serbian Empire. An estimated 17 million citizens were killed and another 9 million wounded. This is one of the most successful solar-powered bomb drops in Gregoryisgodistani history. Most of The Serbian Empire's citizens are now dead or wounded. Most of the country is destroyed. There is death and destruction all around the country. This is what happens when you try to interfere with Gregoryisgodistan and mess with them. A video aired on TV showed every single bomb dropping, detonating, and killing citizens who screamed in fear, horror and pain before being vaporized. It shows major cities being completely leveled and sometimes even vaporized. It is not a pretty sight. Meanwhile, the background music is set to the classic song "We Are the World." This shows that Gregoryisgodistan will someday control the entire world, ruling all that accept Lord Almighty Gregory, and destroying all that do not.

Lord Almighty Gregory released a statement today, saying "Today is a glorious day in Gregoryisgodistan. We have wiped out and stomped out most of the vermin from The Serbian Empire. Almost that whole country is gone now. You saw the video. You know it's true. Sure, some heathens will be in denial about it but someday they will meet the same fate when we bomb their country. We have caused massive death and destruction to one of the most wicked nations on Earth. The solar-powered bomb droppers will be rightly rewarded. They will receive the Medal of Honor. Other nations will be next if they try to retaliate. Death to The Serbian Empire! May Gregoryisgodistan last forever! Today The Serbian Empire, tomorrow all the heathens will be dead! And then the whole world will accept me for what I am - The True Lord, God Almighty, Lord Almighty Gregory."

FactChecker.net Evaluation of Solar-Powered Bomb claim

Recently, the Gregoryisgodistani state press released an article and a propaganda video claiming to have killed 17 million Serbian Empire citizens with solar-powered bombs. Let's take a look at each of the claims.

CLAIM: Gregoryisgodistan has thousands of solar-powered bombs, which have the strength of the atom bomb According to reliable international intelligence, Gregoryisgodistan does possess numerous solar-powered bombs, numbering at least in the thousands. These bombs operate on a similar principle to suicide bombers using a cell phone battery to detonate their bomb, except that they are powered by solar power instead of a cell phone battery. However, these bombs have the strength of a pipe bomb, not an atom bomb. They also have a tendency to explode thousands of feet above the ground when dropped from planes, meaning the only way to get killed by one is to get hit by shrapnel or other falling bomb fragments. This would certainly result in instant death, given that it has been free-falling for thousands of feet. The velocity would be so high there is no way to survive. That being said, the same would be true had Gregoryisgodistan simply dropped shoes or pebbles out of a plane from that height. This is basic physics. We rank this claim MOSTLY FALSE

CLAIM: Gregoryisgodistan dropped 1,000 solar-powered bombs on The Serbian Empire As evidenced by surveillance footage and bomb fragments found throughout The Serbian Empire, these bombs really were dropped. That being said, the video released is propaganda and is completely fake. Furthermore, the bombs are incapable of causing the death and destruction shown in the video and mentioned in the article. However, we have reserved our evaluation of that for another claim, so we rank this one MOSTLY TRUE.

CLAIM: The solar-powered bombs killed 17 million citizens of The Serbian Empire, wounded 9 million others, and destroyed almost the entire country As mentioned earlier, these bombs are incapable of causing such destruction. The only way someone could get killed is if falling bomb fragments or shrapnel hit them on the head. Our reports do not know how many people were killed in such a matter, but it is certainly not anywhere near 17 million. For comparison's sake, when Gregoryisgodistan dropped 1,000 solar-powered bombs on Saintland, just one citizen was killed, and she died after being hit in the head by a falling bomb fragment, not from the explosion itself. Similarly, when Gregoryisgodistan dropped 1,000 solar-powered bombs on the Free Republics, five people were killed, all from falling bomb fragments or shrapnel hitting them in the head. While there is no way to survive being hit in the head by a bomb fragment or shrapnel falling from this height, the same is true of most objects. (Though contrary to popular belief, a penny has too much air resistance to kill someone, even if dropped from such a large height.) We rank this claim LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

CLAIM: Several Gregoryisgodistani military members have been given Medals of Honor for killing 17 million citizens of The Serbian Empire Gregoryisgodistan has awarded Medals of Honor to people before for things that either didn't actually take place or resulted in far fewer deaths than stated. For instance, the pilots who bombed Free Republics and Saintland were given medals of honor, as were soldiers who supposedly assassinated King Paulus of Saintland (this was several months before Paulus was actually assassinated.) This is generally done for propaganda purposes. Therefore, we have no doubt that Gregoryisgodistan actually awarded the Medals of Honor for a series of half-fictitious, half-exaggerated events and rank this claim TRUE.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The greater Vakolicci Haven
Senator

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Official communication of this duely elected government of the Greater Vakolicci Haven
***open***
Sender: Alina Petronas, junior secretary of foreign affairs, the Greater Vakolicci Haven

To all it may concern:

This duely elected government of this Greater Vakolicci Haven has seen, with dismay, the atempt to murder in cold blood, members of the public of The Serbian Empire by the rogue state of Gregoryisgodistan, based on hostilities entered into during a friendly international sporting event.
Although satelite coverage has shown the destruction in the serbian empire to be minimal (despite the claims of the Gregoryisgodistani government), this duely elected government of this Greater Vakolicci Haven believes that strong action must be undertaken to force Gregoryisgodistan to heel.
Consequently, it is the will of this duely elected government of this Greater Vakolicci Haven that the Clans with substancial presence in the Kytler Peninsulae (namely those clans named as Gordavris and as Buertova and as Della Barecci and as De La Bluc and as O'clane) should muster their available forces. Although this duely elected government of this greater Vakolicci Haven understands that these honourable Vakolicci and Celari clansmen are in the Kytler peninsulae for the innocent practice of partaking in the sporting action underway in afforementioned nation, it is our opinion that these clans should do all they can to target and assassinate Gregoryisgodistani athletes, security officials and government officials.

This duely elected government of this Greater Vakolicci Haven would like to warn the government of Gregoryisgodistan, as well as their false God 'Gregory,' that any action undertaken against Havenic citizens in doing their duty to the Haven shall be met with immediate and disproportionately severe military action.

Hoping yourself and your clans are of good health and fortune,
The Duely elected government of the Greater Vakolicci Haven
RIP Vakolic, 08/08/2009-29/12/2013, unjustly deleted.
Population: 9.6 billion (to be added to current population of this nation)
Last known defence budget: 82.2 trillion
Last known gdp: $423.2 trillion (nstracker)
For other stats, please tg.
the greater Vakolicci Haven
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Social media news round-up from Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland.
    Twötter:

@AnkeAmsel70 thanks for all the support in the pingballnachmunsterpöngspiel today #olympics #teamswr

@ruhntuhnkuhnsailing Stephanie and Barbara sail off course to try to discover a new continent and finish 13th #olympics #sailing

@HHAAHpineapples another good olympics show on sbc but @JessikaJünkindietrünk STILL can't pronounce the host nation name #thecutlasspennsylvania #olympicsonone

@ruhntuhnkuhnsailing Retwööt: "@KrisDrehSWR apparently new continent was just a bunch of plastic bags floating in the water" #oops #olympics #sailing

@ErikDurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Very disappointing race today, sorry I couldn't do better. Have to say it was a pretty good course. Can only hope Emma does better now. Sorry to everyone I let down. #olympics #teamswr #slalom

@ruhntuhnkuhnsailing no voyage of discovery this time, just a clean line to the finish - first! #olympics #sailing

Fäcebüch:

Tobias von Bleibach
      It was a day off for us today as we had a bye through the repechage round. Cheered on the others at Carva Lake then light training. As it was an off-day, nutritionist advised us to lower our intake. Just a snack for dinner: two large pizzas, a dozen chicken wings, 87 fried eggs, 4 whole steaks, and a giant bucket of liquid lard. Light meal - can't wait to eat properly again after tomorrow's race!
      Michael Keller, Suzanne Steglich, Stephan Bayer and 41 others like this.
    Inßtabljörk:

Mia Meyer posted a picture.
      Maja with her medal! So proud of my friend for her amazing achievement. #olympics #teamswr #majaschoensee #GOLD
      417 people like this.

Sophie Fischer
      *hugs*

Xaver Schönsee
      Maja, congratulations on winning an Olympic gold medal, but your mother and I still wish to speak with you about your hair. Please call us this instant young lady.

Benjamin Wokalek
      Shown up by a teenager, we'll never hear the end of it!

Ben Beermann
      maybe she could really celebrate by showing us her mötzipaffenschwegenkatzenbrudl?

Lothar Frohloff
      ^ that's disgusting!!!!

He's Had An Absolute Hölöschwredermeinerbinghofkallenschlachtesentermittelhopferdeilungabschlachtweltungsmeining:

Left winger Tom Holzman scores 9 goals in handball win in significant boost for Schutzenphalian left wing vanguardism by ResistanceSports
      Sankt Margrethe's whim and the effects of 10-, 93-dihydroxypolyRPinin on benzochloroLOVISAWINate: a biochemical approach to randomness by b00bmaster69
      Schutzenphalian furniture manufacturers hopeful in bidding to replace water polo scorers' tables by pineapples
      Poor cycling results a grim omen for coming season by spokebloke
      Do Britonisean swimmers really exist? Abandoning cisgenderism in a metatextual understanding of polyrealist superrationalism by special guest poster MetaNarrativesFTL
Last edited by Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:25 pm

What a Difference a Day Makes
Reporting for V3 News Services, Rin Slakori

BAY CITY - Have you breathed yet today? We certainly hope so, because if you haven't, you'd be dead by now. It's been roughly twenty four hours since the tribulations of Day 2, but most of what went wrong on Day 2 was righted on Day 3.

From our last report, we talked you back from the brink and brought you in with a little tease of hope. Riyna McAves and Iseli Viverisi, two strong Vekaiyun swimmers who have taken golds at the Women's 100m Backstroke, both made it to the finals in the same event. The medal remained in Vekaiyun hands for a third straight year as Riyna McAves secured the gold with three-tenths of a second lead over Molly Hobson from The Jasminia Islands. Vekaiyuns tuned in to see the vulpine swimmer net her second straight gold for the event over the last two years. While it wasn't a record, she bested her time by two hundredths of a second, in what has become a picture of consistency for the athlete.

"I just love what I do," she confessed after Vekaiyu's National Anthem, Eternal Vekaiyu, played during the medal ceremony. While Vekaiyun were no doubt overjoyed by quickly securing a medal in swimming and putting to rest fears of a Sixth Summer Games repeat (at least for now), the inability of Iseli Viverisi to take home a medal, let alone finish the event, overshadowed McAves's accomplishment. Viverisi could not be reached for comment, but her coach informed V3 News that she had to withdraw due to 'dizziness'.

"[Viverisi] has been training very hard," her coach, Lisa Ilskavoyey, reported. "She is recovering from a minor dizzy spell. I am confident it will pass. She is recovering." When asked if the young lady had done anything to cause this illness, her coach added, "She doesn't drink, if that's what you're insinuating. Very few swimmers drink because they realize their bodies must be in stupendous condition. This is just a consequence of training too hard. I don't think you realize how crucial this week is for these athletes. They will push themselves past their limits during this week, knowing they can spend the next few weeks recovering before they return to Vekaiyu for more conditioning. This is their performance review, their one week to produce results in international competition. They would never allow distractions or anything to hinder their ability."

Yesterday, we unfortunately had to retire a Vekaiyun Olympic Record as The Kytler Penninsulae broke the Women's 4x100 Freestyle Relay. While the women must wait one year to re-claim that record, the men could not wait to break another record. The combined efforts of Ehjy Ecaste, Kiveli Uskeveru, Stapen Volastre, and Vinsent Ivere were too much for the previous record set by a strong Sargossa team last year at Orean, but it didn't look that way initially. After "just barely" qualifying for the final round by getting above the cutoff by just two hundredths of a second, the relay team was falling behind Nova Anglicana and at a dead heat with Nassau. Volastre and Ivere the Closer hit the afterburners and shot ahead of their competition to claim the record with five hundredths of a second to spare. Could this be a sign that Ivere is ready to shake off the rust from last year?

"We'll see," the always soft-spoken, enigmatic athlete told V3 after the medal ceremony. "I'm ready. All I can really control is myself here." The well-decorated swimmer, who has now broken three Olympic records, did not win a single medal last year. Some feared he might have been on the decline, but continued success in Kytler Bay City would be a great way to silence critics.

The two golds have calmed the sour sentiments among fervent Vekaiyun fans, and Yamano Viri and Lisa Ikaveri, two athletes who have started to put their game together and net medals after a few disappointing years, will keep the fire burning with final events scheduled for tomorrow. Viri won the gold in the 100m butterfly two years ago at Emberton. He will look to net his second gold with a different event, the 100m backstroke. Ikaveri, on the other hand, was able to take gold for the 400m Freestyle at Orean last year. She will look for gold in the 100m Breaststroke, an event she also took gold in last year. Could this be the medal be a repeat?

"I feel like I'm getting better each year," Ikaveri said after the semifinals, still in her speed swimsuit. "The first few years I was kind of looking over my shoulder to see how my competition was doing. My coach worked with me to focus just on myself and scale one mountain at a time. It's fun now. And when it's fun, well, I'm told that's when it gets easier. It's really like playing a video game. No, really, it is. The first few times you're just getting used to it. Then you get good at it. But then you kind of get worse because you get used to it and maybe get a little lazy or bored. If you really want to get better at it, you don't make yourself think it's easier. You just try to make it more fun." Our writers have been prepped for another gold from Ikaveri. Despite her small stature at 4'11'' (the shortest swimmer on the Vekaiyun roster), she is a very long-winded individual who loves to talk. After her first medal in Emberton, the Calesu native wasted little opportunity to thank her family, friends (all by name), school system, her love for video games, Vekaiyun politics as they pertain to Listonia, some of the sights she viewed in Emberton, and why airplane flights should be longer. As with the last round, we will be sure to post the abridged version provided she can medal. Or maybe we won't. It'll depend on what she decides to talk about.

In judo, Xa Resereru netted her first gold medal in the Women's 52 kg round after taking bronze in the event at Emberton. The gold, coupled with the bronze won yesterday, have given Vekaiyu a total of two medals in Judo, which is up from zero last year and one the year prior. These results are quite encouraging and suggest maybe a Vekaiyun resurgence in the sport. We asked Resereru if Judo was starting to take hold among Vekaiyun fans.

"It's always been an armed forces sport," Resereru informed. "That and Taekwondo were added in the 1980's to give soldiers a different take on fighting, and something nonlethal and relatively inexpensive to do in peacetime. That's been our fan base for a few years now. Give it a few years, and the soldiers who learn these fighting techniques will surely take it home to their families."

Resereru beat regional rival Jane Daigle from Kelssek after the match went all the way down to a Golden Score, in which Xa took Daigle down in a yuko. We should remind the reader that the Golden Score no longer has a time limit as of a 2013 rule change, removing the ability of the judges to determine a winner independent of score. It was a well-fought match that took Resereru a little under a minute to secure a score and the immediate victory in the contest.

The three golds won on Day 3 propel Vekaiyu near the top of the competition. After a disappointing Day 2, Vekaiyu looks to be back on track in the early-goings of these games. V3 will continue its coverage on Day 4, where we hope to bring you news of more success in The Kytler Penninsulae.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:43 pm

This RP attaches on to my first

Grand British Kingdom refuses to get involved in "Play street" wars with Gregoryisgodistan

The Grand British Kingdom has refused to help the allies against the military wars. Jack Histerman, The Ministry of Defense secretary said "No one has asked us for help and even if they did we wouldn't be involved in Play Street wats with Gregoryisgodistan as they are too fake and threatening." This comes after a nice generous Lord Almighty Gregory didn't wish poor GBK to death as we ain't going anywhere. As Norty Britonisea are fans of the radical country, the have release an official statement asking Greg Land if they need assistance. North Britonisea probably would be rejected and be enemies of poor Serbian Empire. Wish them luck. They will need it.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:22 pm

www.elnacional.gu/sports/highlights

You are in: El nacional > Politics and Olympic Games > Paymina decides 2047.

NEWS
- Paymina votes in favour of being a Colony of SJG.

Wrote by: Lourdes Amador / Jairo Sepúlveda
Follow on MyFace as: @Lou454/ @JSep44
Wrote at 06/08/2047, 8:25 PM.

Paymina votes in favour of being a Colony of SJG.

Paymina, SJG:

In a last minute news, have known the results of referendum conducted by the inhabitants of the Island Paymina, located 470 kilometers northeast of Neryungri, an election day which transcurrio with certain strains of together but there were no physical damage or islanders, who were extensively involved in the day of voting.

The event started from early in the morning, specifically at 7:00 PM, the 500 polling stations received massive influx since that time, many people lined up in order to decide the future of the island as a just under eight thousand square kilometers, which was targeted by multiple nations due to its many natural resources, which would be of use to them according to the covenant established by SJG and the representative of the nation, Hamza Carlos, king of the island .

The voting process culminated at five pm, from then scrutinizing electoral records and counting of votes in order to verify the result began, work was carried out in conjunction with international observers, who were attentive to the in order to verify that there were no anomalies in the vote count.

The vote counting process culminated in the burning of the ballots in order to avoid fraud on the part of the groups involved in the process, the pro-independence and pro colonization.

The vote counting process culminated at midnight and King Hamza Carlos initiated an address to the nation before reading the results.

"Whatever the outcome of now, I can say with satisfaction that the people of Paymina has elected properly and wisely, is that they have chosen the best for our future generations, I hope that Allah has guided them to choose the best for us" said Hamza Carlos, the king, the leader of the nation with the highest rate of Muslims in Esportiva.

After the speech, Hamza Carlos proceeded to read the results, which were shown on a giant screen where a clear winner was shown.

The residents of Paymina chosen San José Guayabal to join as a colony with a percentage of 77% while the remaining 23% refused to process and union with SJG.

At that moment the commitment of union of Paymina with SJG, which was given under the following commitments and rights for its inhabitants came into force.

Code of Commitments and Rights of The Payminian People with San José Guayabal

- Since now, the official name of Paymina is: "The Overseas Colony of Paymina", being know in Spanish as "La Colonia de Ultramar de Paiminá" or simply Paiminá.

- The Colony must keep his democratical system, Communist Party of San José Guayabal can take part of their system if they consider it.

- The title of "King" must be removed from the Government, the title of king can stay as honorarium.

- All the resources of Paymina are for all the people of Paymina, can be gived to San José Guayabal in case there's economical compensation.

- All Payminian Citizens are free and equal as any Guayabalense Citizen.

- Discrimination to Payminian Citizens must be punished with the law.

- Payminians can take positions into politics and any association or group in San José Guayabal.

- Liberty of Speech must be granted by Guayabalense Government.

- Access to any kind of Government service to Guayabalense Citizens must not be rejected to Payminians.

- Payminians have full Guayabalense Citizenship.

- Payminians have freedom to travel all across the Multiverse.

- Payminians have all the basic freedoms who enjoy the Guayabalense Citizens.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:58 pm

The men's water polo team got back to the Village with the win against Cosumar in the bag. Harry Sponner was lounging on the bed and had to paw through his luggage when his phone rang, buried under a mess of T-shirts. If a large telecommunications corporation had been among the Kelssek Olympic Committee's premier sponsors, they might have made an ad just like this with the mawkish, saccharine factor amped up. Also less sense of concern owing to the undertone of doom.

"Yeah Nathan! Fockin' rights, it's nice to hear from ya bud!..."

"It feels good, yeah, it feels good."

"Well, not really. They told us to stay in last night, but this morning the KOC people said we can go where we want now, just be careful. Actually after the game, the team all went out for a nice dinner. We went to this all-you-can-eat barbeque place. You should've seen them get nervous how much we were eating. The owners were tripping balls."

"Yeah, pretty messed up. We didn't actually know what had happened at first, so everyone was like, wild rumours and stuff."

"Haha, yeah, my mum, you know how mums are... Oh, I'm sorry. Totally forgot you and your mum aren't speaking to each other. Errm."

"I hope it chills out a bit for sure. But the team is real tight. They've been real nice to me."

"Totally. We'll talk later. Bye."

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 07, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Kannapian News Network
SPORTS
Olympic Report

Medal Count
Rank Nation G S B
1. The Kytler Peninsulae 4 3 0
2. Vekaiyu 3 0 1
3. The Serbian Empire 2 0 1
Hosts Respond to Incidents in Games

The head of the host nation's Olympic Council, Martin Bartlett, made an official response regarding the incident at the bronze medal final for women's team event in archery. The incident occurred when a female archer from Gregoryisgodistan attempted to shoot and kill a fellow athlete from The Serbian Empire. The arrow missed the Serbian athlete but managed to hit and injure a fan from The Serbian Empire. Mr. Bartlett's statement included that the action was appalling and breaks the nature of the Olympic Games and the Olympic spirit. "It is about fair competition between all athletes of all peoples - we expressed that desire of national and international unity at our opening ceremony. It is horrifying to see that just less than 24 hours later and incident of this nature," Bartlett said.

Bartlett noted that they had already receive some intelligence concerns regarding the possibility of instances between Gregoryisgodistan and The Serbian Empire. Bartlett also announced that for this reason, the shooting events have been decidedly postponed. The goal that they are trying to achieve is stationing further security personnel at the shooting events to make sure another incident will not happen.

Many people have been questioning the host nation and have been wanting answers as to what the government was going to do about the incident. Bartlett also managed to answer some of these questions during his statements this morning. "The first thing we have done is ensure that all weapons in all events that use them are securely stored at the venues in question," Bartlett said. He also noted that for the male archery events, plastic barriers will be erected on either side of the archers so that they can only shoot at the targets. This is to eliminate the repeating of the archery incident.

Olympic Council to Investigate Incident

Royston French, president of the Olympic Council has announced the start of an investigation of the Gregoryisgodistan archer who attacked a fellow competitor and injured a spectator. French also noted that any Gregoryisgodistan athlete to repeat in a similar incident would lead to the disqualification of the athlete in question. He also warned of severe punishments against the Gregoryisgodistan delegation.

French was quoted saying, "It falls to the local organizing committee to investigate such matters where results are not affected and issue any sanctions as appropriate, but we certainly have the power to do so as well and will use it."

Mr. French said that investigations were still underway and no sanctions would yet be taken against the rogue archer. He stated that it may not have been intentional despite how much it appeared to have occurred on purpose. He reminded all the delegations that they must all trust the local security forces to handle the situation with the best abilities.

Kannapian Leader Makes Address to Kannapian Athletes

Kannapian Premier Jeremy Andersson made an address to the Kannapian athletes at the Olympic Games. He reminded the athletes that they were there for competition and not violence. He also noted that the Kannapian delegation must continue to go about their lives as normal as they possibly can while they're at the Games and that they must not be biased towards any delegation no matter what has happened. He has informed the Kannapian athletes that there is no threat to their lives and they have nothing to worry about while they're outside of the nation for the Games and that they should enjoy themselves as much as they possibly can. He told them not to worry about the affairs of the two nations involved in the incidents at the Games - The Serbian Empire and Gregoryisgodistan.

Finally, he reminded the athletes to bring home medals for the Kannapian people, and that each athlete that wins a medal will receive a cash bonus, the amount depending on which medal they win. This incentive is predicted to help Kannapian athletes work even harder in the sports they already love to win medals.

Olympic Results Report
Women's Football
Group L Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 95X 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Free Swiss States 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 San José Guayabal 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Kannap 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0
Women's Football
The Kannapian Women's Olympic Football team played hard and determined but did not manage to snag a victory against the team from 95X. The defeat was crushing for the Kannapian women but they have rebounded with smiling faces. The game was quickly lost by the Kannapian women. The competition scored all three of their goals in the first half of the match and the Kannapian team was not close to scoring goals during the entire match. The Kannapian women have been confined to their rooms in the Kannapian compound of the Olympic Village. They will be expected to win their next game or be sent back to Kannap for disgracing the Kannapian name at the Olympics.

Men's Road Race - Cycling
Today in the Games, the Kannapian men competing in the men's road race started with their competitors in a race that would not snag any medals for Kannap. The Kannapians were not expected to bring home any medals for Kannap and were simply to find athletes for Kannap to send to the next Summer Olympic Games. Kannapian athlete Jefferson Williamson finished in a four way tie for 57th place - and he will be the only Kannapian cyclist in these Games returning for the next Summer Games. Kannapians Bob Wellington and Henry Harrison shamefully did not finish the race and have been sent home to Kannap for their shameful showing in their race.

Fast Results: Men's Water Polo
KANNAP 8 - 8 BEARS ARMED
Men's Hockey
The Kannapian Men's Olympic Hockey team played well against the team from Antoletia today. The Kannapian men brought home victory, beating their opponents 2-1. The Kannapian Premier, Jeremy Andersson, personally congratulated the players this evening in Kannap on live television. The Kannapian men showed great sportsmanship after the game and went on to congratulate their opponents for performing well in the match. The athletes celebrated at the Kannapian compound at the Olympic Village later in the evening.

Upcoming Events of Kannapian Athletes
Monday, August 25, 2014
TENNIS - Men's singles - first round
HOCKEY - Women's - pool phase (2/3)
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

The Urain
Attaché

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Urain » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Today in Uraini sports.......suspense......suspense......suspense.....gosh darn it, more suspense.......

Disappointment. Mostly, anyways.

The Handball Woman's team lost to Ancharmunn 34-22 and are now at the bottom of their pool. As expected.

Atiq Chakroun, the not-so-famous-but-still-good Uraini badmintoner (or whatever the demonym for that is) politely, but still in totality, defeated his opponent from Legendardisch. In the first game, Philip Van Rossum was pulling ahead, but was passed over by Chakroun. In game two, Chakroun opened a weakness on his left court. Van Rossum tried to exploit this, but Chakroun sealed victory with an amazing and fast 8-point streak. Atiq Chakroun and his younger brother Zahra have byes in Men's Doubles.

The men's soccer team kicked their way to the top in a game against Kriegiersien, 2-1. The Falcons, as they are nicknamed, are now second in their group and will likely advance along with the Greater Vakolicci Haven.

In the second round of men's badminton, Atiq Chakroun lost in a loose battle against Nathan Hemlock from Kelssek. After the three games, Chakroun went to his opponent and congratulated him, wishing him luck in later games. Atiq and his brother Zahra then won their game in men's doubles by quite a nice margin, if I do say so myself.

The men's handball team went and got themselves at the bottom of their pool. We offer them our sarcastic congratulations and our sincere hopes for the future.

Government's take on the Gregisgodistani/Serbian crisis next up, on Uraini news.

OOC: Gosh darn it, still no medals.
The Urain
"Unity, Freedom, Independence"
RP-ing as a Arab-style republic, post-colonialism.

Want oil? Buy ours! Just Telegram.
Olympic Record- 1 Gold, 1 Silver (IX Olympiad)

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:53 pm

The Vulpine premier could not be busied with Vekaiyun sporting success abroad. She had heard of a few of the medals in passing and in small talk with governmental officials, but truth be told, outside of the occasional handshake or addressing the athletes prior to their departure to a new nation in a new region, she probably couldn't tell them apart from a common citizen. That was not to say she was unable to; on the contrary, she was never a fan of sports. She was just more concerned with something of greater permanence.

Upon receiving the request from the Javelin Airlines, she set to work quickly addressing the businessman.

FROM THE DESK OF PREMIER IKRISIA LEVINILE

Cenar Rylun,

I am aware of the increasing demand for Vekaiyun citizens to and from international sporting venues. I do not foresee any issues with passage to and from Vekaiyu guided by your airliner company, Javelin Airways. I will forward this request to the Vekaiyun International Travel and Passage Officer, Vanyo Islakaveri. He will offer greater assistance with your request.

One piece of advice I will provide is this: as of 2011, Vekaiyu has recognized English as an official language, second to Unonian. While change is ongoing, many Vekaiyun citizens are unpolished in their English-speaking acumen. To this end, I strongly recommend blending in with the Vekaiyun culture and language to gain the greatest trust among the Vekaiyun populace.

With best,
Premier Ikrisia Levinile

Shortly after typing the letter, the telephone in her office rang. Of course, she carried a personal cell phone, but she never let the lines intersect. Plus, she happened to have an affinity for rotary phones, even if they were deemed 'old fashioned'. "Yes?" she answered in Unonian after picking up the receiver.

"Premier Levinile, I have a request from Chairperson Riyna Yovisktre of the Vekaiyun Olympic Council. She wishes to speak to you about an international issue of importance."

"I have two minutes," she informed to her secretary.

"Yes, milady." The phone emitted a soft tone until the other end picked up. "Premier Levinile, this is Riyna Yovisktre of the Vekaiyun Olympic Council. I apologize for not meeting with you recently, but I have been busy organizing, especially over the last few months."

"It is a non-issue."

"Yes, well, our athletes have not disappointed in the early stages of these Ninth Summer Games."

"That is indeed good news. Is this what you wished to tell me?"

"No. Premier Levinile, there is a nation causing havoc among competing athletes during these games. This nation, Gregisgodistan, has attempted to slay athletes and has bombed nations that spoke out against it and its heinous practices. I believe that we as a strong and moral state should apply diplomatic pressure to ensure these games remain peaceful. I am asking if you have thought about addressing the situation and pledging support for peace?"

"Kivia [Ms.] Yovisktre, we are not, nor have we ever been, a police officer to the world. Indeed, I am aware of the situation. While I agree with you that these barbaric heathens should be punished for using this competition as a means to exert aggression, Vekaiyu will not reciprocate. Frankly, it is not our business. We have Vekaiyun soldiers stationed in several nations including Listonia and occupied Dveria. We do not need to supply troops to a conflict we have no hand in."

"Oh, Premier Levinile, I am not saying we should offer military assistance-"

"These incidents have a habit of escalation, as you know. And I do not intend to supply Vekaiyun troops anywhere near that region. I do not need to do your job, Yovisktre. Until Vekaiyun citizens are threatened, this does not concern me. But, if it concerns you, as you seem to indicate, raise awareness. Contact other Olympic bodies. Pressure the host nation in expelling this volatile nation and its delegation. Use groupthink to your advantage. People love to rally behind a cause that puts them in a positive light."

"Yes, Premier Levinile. Thank you for this advice."

-----

To Cenar Rylun:

Ilsevenliu! Or, warmest of greetings! As our Premier probably indicated, I am Vanyo Islakaveri, the Vekaiyun International Travel and Passage Officer (VITPO). My office is charged with establishing friendly non-commercial relations with other nations. As the name suggests, I am most concerned with travel to and from our state. I have reviewed your request and I believe it is a great idea, especially since inter-regional travel is generally not something most Vekaiyun citizens do. Our nation loves its athletes, and no doubt would jump at the opportunity to see them compete in person. Plus, as you said, this could be beneficial to our commerce.

I am not entirely sure on cabotage services at this time, however. A relationship would need to be built over time in order to realize the potential for that business endeavor.

I will meet with the airports you have suggested and determine feasibility for this proposal. In addition, we will study your company thoroughly. Do not be alarmed if we appear invasive - as a nationally-funded body, we must ensure all is correct before accepting any sort of deal. As we work out the details and study your company, which should not take too long, consider pushing your nation to establish diplomatic relations with Vekaiyu. Doing so will ensure a smoother process, especially since your nation will be awarded a Vekaiyun Foreign Officer* who knows first-hand all necessary procedures that you will have to follow.

Expect to hear back from me in a few days.

Peaceful times,
Vanyo Islakaveri

* explanation of VFO's
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Windsor Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Windsor Islands » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Crown Chronicle I SPORT

Windsors Find Success in Sailing, Rowing, Badminton, Hockey, and Canoeing
by Roger Blythe

ZUBE - The fourth day of competition at the Games of the IX Olympiad kicked off today, with the first events happening in Kytler Bay City. The Aquatics Centre was the venue for the swimming events, where we saw Justus Jang swim in the heats of the Men's 200 m Freestyle, finishing with a time of 1:49.56, while Saifullah Smedley finished with a time of 1:56.46. Both of them failed to qualify for the semifinals. In the Men's 100 m Backstroke, we saw Justus Jang again swimming in the heats, where he finished with a time of 54.20, narrowly missing a place in the semifinals. The other swimmer in this event, Malcolm Irwin, was disqualified after a false start in his heat. In the heats of the Women's 800 m Freestyle, Hanna Thatcher failed to qualify for the final, finishing her heat in a time of 8:47.82. In the heats of the Women's 100 m Breaststroke, Hattie Fairburn failed to qualify for the semifinals. She finished her heat with a time of 1:12.44.

In the Water Polo, at the Kytlerian Sporting College, we saw the Men's team play against Ciqi, where they lost 16-6. Ciqi, the favored side to win the match, dominated the whole game, with the first half seeing only 1 goal from the Windsors and 8 goals from Ciqi. Their next match will be against Wray in Group E.

In Judo, held at the Renaissance Centre, we saw Mabon Rose participate in the Men's 66 kg, where she was defeated by Lucien-Michel Dutoit of Kelssek. In the Women's 52 kg, Dairine Boothman was defeated by Manushi Vora of The United Kingdoms of Zackatlantis.

In the Rowing events, held at Carva Lake, we saw the Men's Double Sculls pair of Winston Hart and Bryan Midgley compete in the repechage heat. The pair from Windsor delivered their best result by winning Heat 4 of the repechages in a time of 6:22.21. Therefore, they qualify for the quarterfinals. In the Men's Lightweight Double Sculls, we saw Ruprecht Curran and Marc Petit finish their heat with a time of 6:25.93, but fail to qualify for the semifinals and will compete in the repechages. In the heats of the Men's Quadruple Sculls, our team had a disappointing result, finishing their heat in a time of 5:55.02 and will compete in the repechages. In the Women's Lightweight Double Sculls, Rosalind Jeffers and Fancy Walters finished their heat in a time of 7:01.64, but failed to qualify for the semifinals and hope to qualify through the repechages. In the Women's Coxed Eights, our Eights team narrowly missed a spot in the semifinals, finishing their heat in a time of 6:07.06 and hope to qualify through the repechages.

In the Women's Road Race, Elisabeth Brocke finished tied for 84th with a time of 3:33:31. Tammie Hooper finished tied for 91st with a time of 3:33:41. Nikola Gagnon finished 138th with a time of 3:40:17, while Gertrude Garrett finished 148th with a time of 3:42:15. Tumelo Eustis was the only Windsor rider to not finish the race. In the Men's Road Race, Ingram Nicholson finished 32nd with a time of 6:25:23. Christian Lee finished 44th with a time of 6:26:10. Lynton Chase finished in 160th place with a time of 6:42:33, while Domnall Gerst and Utz Marlow failed to finish the race.

In Aardswood, the events there started with the Men's C-1 canoeing slalom heats, held at the Whitewater Centre. Sipho Lynwood failed to qualify for the semifinals, with his best run recorded at 89.69 seconds. In the heats of the Men's K-1 event, Jerry Shaw astonished many Windsors finishing fourth overall with his best run recorded at being 83.80 seconds, which books him a place in the semifinals. In the Women's C-2, Mairead Schnur and Tarah Muller just made it into the semifinals, recording a best time of 116.18.

The sailing events, held at Kytler Bay, began with the first two races of the Men's Keelboat. Chanda Robinson and Wally Matthews finished the first race in pole position, while in the second race, they finished 22nd. This puts them tied for first place with Duncan O'Grady and Gunner Hunt of Schottia. In the Men's Sailboard, Denholm Tasse finished race 1 in 9th place and race 2 in 37th place. This puts him in 15th place overall. In the Men's Skiff, Sorley MacAngus and Headley Hass finished the first race in 14th place, the second race in 11th place, and the third race in 9th place. This puts them tied for 11th place overall with the pairs from Schottia and Renzynistan. In the Women's Keelboat, Dervila Foth and Suniti O'Shea finished race 1 in 6th place and race 2 in 9th place. This puts them tied for 9th place with the pair from Schottia.

In Zube, the first events began with the badminton competition at the Jamison Expo Centre. In the Men's Singles Second Round, Thomas Wu won in straight sets against Aorkiva Mervendursarta of Hazamaeia, 21-12, 21-15. Kodey Zhu won a close, thrilling match against Adrian Weber of the Free Swiss States 2 sets to 1, 21-18, 17-21, 21-18. In the Men's Doubles Second Round, Thomas Wu and Kodey Zhu won against Fridtjof Knutsson and Joel Klasson of Camerania in straight sets, 21-13, 22-20. In the Women's Singles Second Round, Sashi Nakimura won a close match against Erika de la Cruithnye of Taeshan, 10-21, 21-18, 21-17. Karin Zhang also won her match against Alexandrine Smithford of Lymantatia, in two close sets, 22-20, 21-19. In the Women's Doubles Second Round, Karin Zhang and Sashi Nakimura won comfortably against Fadia Keith and Annalise Zaina of Al-Mumtaz, 21-18, 21-7.

In Handball, at the Zube Olympic Park, the men's team lost an intense game against The Oaklands. The match was very close throughout the first half and most of the second half. However the team from The Oaklands managed to pull away to the very end, winning 29-24. The other result in Group A, where Eastfield Lodge won against Super-Llamaland, 27-24, puts The Oaklands at the top of the group, with Eastfield Lodge second, Super-Llamaland third, and the Windsor Islands at the bottom of Group A. The next match in Group A will be against Super-Llamaland.

In Hockey, at the Donaldson Surrounds, the Men's team managed to defeat The Jasminia Islands 3-1 in a match that saw the Windsors dominate for most of the game. The other result in Group M, where Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland defeated The Royal Barangay, 6-3, puts Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland at the top of Group M, with the Windsor Islands second, The Jasminia Islands third, and The Royal Barangay at the bottom of Group M. The next match will be against Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland.

In Table Tennis, at Qizin Studios, the Men's Singles First Round took place, with Jonathan Chang winning against Erik Theiss of Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland in straight sets, 11-9, 11-4, 11-6, 11-6. Mason Zhu, however lost a close match to Ivan Petro of The Greater Vakolicci Haven, 11-9, 6-11, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 11-13, 5-11. Then, Jan Li, managed to book his spot in the Second Round, when he won 4 games to 3 against Ernesto Solís of Sargossa, 11-3, 7-11, 11-5, 10-12, 11-9, 6-11, 11-1.

In Volleyball, at the Jamison Expo Centre, the Men's team played their first match in Group E, where they lost in straight sets against Schottia, which puts them at the bottom of Group E. Their next game will be against Ceni.

Tomorrow, we will see another full day of action. In Kytler Bay City, the swimming events will take place at the Bay City Aquatic Centre. Malcolm Irwin will swim in the heats of the Men's 200 m Butterfly, while we will see Hanna Thatcher compete in the heats of the Women's 200 m Freestyle. Also, we will see Petunia Harford in the Women's 200 m Individual Medley heats. At the Kytlerian Sporting College, our Women's water polo team will play their second match against Globus in Group J. At the Renaissance Centre, the judo competitions will continue with Eamonn Fredrich competing in the Men's 73 kg and Gaetane Esser competing in the Women's 57 kg. At Carva Lake, the rowing events will continue as well with Ruprecht Curran and Marc Petit competing in the repechages of the Men's Lightweight Double Sculls. Also, we will see the Men's Eights team compete in the repechages of the Men's Coxed Eights. Hailey Hintzen and Esme Bell will compete in the heats of the Women's Double Sculls. In the Women's Lightweight Double Sculls, Rosalind Jeffers and Fancy Walters will compete in the repechages, hoping to qualify for the semifinals.

In Zube, the badminton competitions will continue at the Jamison Expo Centre, with Thomas Wu and Kodey Zhu competing in the Men's Singles Third Round as well as the Men's Doubles Third Round. We will also see Sashi Nakimura and Karin Zhang compete in the Third Round of the Women's Doubles competition. In the Mixed Doubles, both Kodey Zhu and Karin Zhang and Thomas Wu and Sashi Nakimura will be in action as they compete in the Third Round of the Mixed Doubles competition. At the Zube Olympic Park, both handball and basketball will be held there, as the women's basketball team play their second pool game against Mangolana in Group G. Also, the Women's handball team will play their second match in Group E against Titaniumland. At the Donaldson Surrounds, the women's hockey team will play their second pool match in Group A against Berk Island. At Qizin Studios, the Table Tennis events will continue, with Jonathan Chang and Jan Li in action in the Men's Singles Second Round, while Deborah Li try and book a spot in the Third Round when she competes in the Women's Singles Second Round. In Volleyball, the women's team will play their third match in Group A against Wray.

In Aardswood, the canoeing events will continue at the Whitewater Centre, with Sipho Lynwood and Juro Connolly competing in the heats of the Men's C-2 Slalom. Mairead Schnur will be in action as the heats of the Women's C-1 Slalom event are held, while Adebowale Queen will be competing in the heats of the Women's K-1 Slalom event. At Kytler Bay, the sailing events will continue, as Willy Adcock will be competing in the first two race of the Men's One-Person Dinghy and the Men's Two-Person Dinghy with Mahomet Leon. In the Men's Skiff, Sorley MacAngus and Headley Hass will compete in the fourth and fifth races of their events, hoping to climb the ladder up to pole position in the overall standings. Eimear Wheeler will be competing in the first two races of the Women's One-Person Dinghy and in the Women's Two-Person Dinghy with Shakira Bosch. In the Women's Sailboard, we will see May Griffin in action as she competes in the first two races of her event. Finally, at the shooting events held at the Olympic Shooting Centre, Renard Gardener and Bhaltair Yates will be competing in the Men's 10 m Air Pistol event, while Anita Carl and Jayde Scully will compete in the Women's 10 m Air Rifle.

As you can see, Day 4 of Olympic competition here at the Games of the IX Olympiad will be action-packed. Be sure to check out all live coverage of the Games on the WSN family of channels, WSN, WSN1, and WSN2. Until tomorrow, it's night here in Zube.
LONG LIVE THE WINDSOR ISLANDS!
Check out the link down below for domestic sports on the Windsor Islands:
www.wsnsports.win

The Urain
Attaché

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Urain » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:01 pm

URAINI NATIONAL PRESS

The Uraini government stated on Saturday evening that it would discuss the Gregisgodistan events with the public and world press.

Now, President Abdullah Al-Samara has released an official statement on the government's position on the growing tensions at the NS Olympics. He reminded the athletes in Kytler that they were there to compete in sports, not politics. He also said that he and the Uraini Parliament, upon the actions of Gregisgodistani athletes and the government, considered Gregisgodistan to be "a dangerous and unchecked nation that feels that it can pull the rest of the world on a leash." He said that Uraini athletes and citizens attending the Games should not become involved with arguments and fights with such dangerous nations. He offered his condolences to the Serbian Empire, who he said was "a victim of a violent regime with no moral standground whatsoever." He said that the Urain will remain neutral in such conflicts, but that he would support through humanitarian efforts any nations that would fall victim to such vicious and destructive powers. He also said that if the security of any Uraini nationals were to be threatened, he would step in to "protect the Urain's national reputation, power, and sovereignty" from Gregisgodistan or any other like-minded nations.

The Uraini Air Force Defence Battalion stands "On Guard" for attack or threat along the borders.
The Urain
"Unity, Freedom, Independence"
RP-ing as a Arab-style republic, post-colonialism.

Want oil? Buy ours! Just Telegram.
Olympic Record- 1 Gold, 1 Silver (IX Olympiad)

Benjamin Mark
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2012

Postby Benjamin Mark » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Kelly - Good Evening, I'm Josh Kelly.

Zhang - I'm Jessica Zhang, Welcome to the Evening News. It was a quite a day at the IX Summer Olympics. Megan Su is in Zube, with the latest, Megan?

Su - No medals were won today, unfortunately. So the results came in two by fours today. And here are the results. Men 200m Freestyle, Guzman clocked in the 8th in the heats, but didn't finish enough for the finals. Alberto Sonchio didn't make it though. Men's 100m backstroke, Guzman made it all the way to the finals, Ron Azatir made it nowhere. The Men's 100m breaststroke final, Ron Azatir placed 6th. Men's 4x100m freestyle, our team placed a miserly 44. Women's 800m freestyle heats, both Kristen & Jacqueline didn't make it out. Women's 100m breaststroke, Gurieto-Nunez placed 14th in heats, but 19th in the semifinals. Rebecca Johnson didn't make it out. In Judo, men's 66kg. Christopher Fernon met his end by Simon Holofornes from Barunia. Jane Daigle of Kelssek defeated our Riyhanna Symone. Gulliver/Schiavone placed 25th. and Campton/Treager placed 14th, CYCLING Women's road race, Jessica Lawrence placed 153rd, and Crystal Anderson did not finish. Michael Mejia placed 72nd in the Men's and Lawrence Goirier placed 123rd. Jeremy Schann won against Mike Wynall of Fenbar. Justin Dawson didn't against Ryan Grandin of Kelssek. The Dawson Brothers lost against Feng and Yin from Ciqi. Kher and Schann didn't fare to well either. Neither of the O'Reilly sisters won their matchups. Tang-Hudson and Wales won against Viola Moreno/Darla Merr of Star United States. The O'Reilly Sisters won too. In Men's Basketball we won against Globus. Cho and Wahmen got sent packing in Men's Table Tennis. Men's Water Polo we lost against Paradystopia. In Zube, Megan Su, BMNS News.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports