NATION

PASSWORD

Cup of Harmony 61 Bid - Valladares and Yttribia

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Cup of Harmony 61 Bid - Valladares and Yttribia

Postby Yttribia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 pm

A bid by the nations of
Valladares and Yttribia
for
Cup of Harmony 61

What's going on?
The nations of Valladares and Yttribia are uniting to form a joint-bid to host the Cup of Harmony 61.

Information
Valladares

IC:

The Royal Government of Valladares, through the Federal Bureau of Tourism, and the Valladar Football Association would like to invite those nations that, in spite of their best efforts, missed out on the current World Cup's finals to compete in the 61st edition of the Cup of Harmony (or Copa de la Armonía, as it might be called within Valladares exclusively for purposes of domestic marketing), which we expect to bring home in association with our friends in Yttribia. With a strong footballing tradition, attested by Valladares' continuous presence at the main national and club football competitions in the multiverse, having plenty of stadia already suited for this competition's standards, and after the successful hosting of Copa Rushmori 10, both the VFA and the Valladar government are strongly backing this attempt to join its Yttribian counterparts in this bid and will be looking forward to having this bid accepted by the World Cup Committee and receive your nations with open arms for this upcoming Cup of Harmony.

OOC:

The user behind the nation of Valladares is a well-established user, having been part of NS Sports since May 2009 (around the same time the forums moved out of Jolt) and taking part in the World Cup and other related competitions ever since, with Baptism of Fire 34, World Cup 47, and Cup of Harmony 39 being his first experiences in WCC competitions. As for hosting experience, this user hosted successfully the sixth (as Whirl Islands) and tenth Copa Rushmori editions and also organizes it, and scorinates a 176-team domestic football league on a regular basis while also being currently in control of the Cup Winners' Cup (aka Cygnus Cup). This would be Valladares' first time hosting a WCC-sanctioned event and while this user is aware of his relative lack of experience, he is also seeking to gain valuable hosting experience to aim at bigger things in the forseeable future.

Yttribia
IC:

The Yttribian Confederation, better known as Yttribia, is a nation located on the continent of Inferiore, in the south of Esportiva. Home to forty-six million people of different walks of life, the nation is a single party-state run by Corvidae affilitate, the Corvax Party. The Confederation is made up of five regions, separated by language, and one Capital District, in which all laws are written up by the Confederation’s Council, formed up by six Administrators. After their run in the fifty-fourth Baptism of Fire, and their run to the quarter-finals of the Campionato Esportiva X, the Yttribian National Team have established themselves as household names in the eyes of multiversal football fans, in both club and national competitions. With recent upgrades to venues for the Beltane Cup II, the government and Yttribian Football Federation are positive that a tournament of great importance can be held successfully on Yttribian soil. The Yttribian Confederation, working through the Ministry of Tourism, and the Yttribian Football Federation would like to join their Valladar counterparts in this bid for the sixty-first edition of the Cup of Harmony.

OOC:

Behind this nation, lies a user. This user is relatively new compared to his bidding partner, having only joined the game itself in August of last year, and NS Sport in late November of last year. His first experiences in WCC events were Baptism of Fire 54, World Cup 67, and Cup of Harmony 59. The user behind Yttribia has hosted/scorinated several tournaments under Yttribia, including the second edition of the Beltane Cup, a conference (Excelsior) and regional round in NSCAA 6, the fourth edition of the Ultimate Cup. As Mastille, the user recently finished hosting the eighth edition of the Under-15 World Cup. Not only that, the user behind Yttribia has scorinated various domestic leagues under the names of Yttribia, and Mastille. This would also be the user’s first WCC-sanctioned event, as he hopes to gain more experience for hosting grander events in the near future.

Scorination and RP Bonuses
The hosts shall be using the latest version of xkoranate, while using the SQIS formula to scorinate. In the case that either host participates in the competition, the other nation shall scorinate that nation's matches.

A cumulative RP bonus shall be used in the competition. However, the hosts shall not release their grading scale (nor their criteria for an invitation to the tournament); however, rest assured that the grading scale shall be generous and rewarding.

Format
The preferred format for the nations would be a thirty-two (32) team tournament, in which eight groups of four would be drawn for a group stage, followed by the knock-out round, withering sixteen teams down to the final, in which the winner would hoist the Cup of Harmony (or melt it into thirty silver pieces, if you're into that). Both hosts, however, are open to expanding to the tournament to thirty-six (36) teams, should that be the case; the hosts are also open to inviting forty (40) teams, with eight groups of five, should that also be the case.

Tiebreakers
The following set of tie-breakers will be used:

• Head-To Head Goals For
  • Goal Differential
  • Goals For
  • Drawing of Lots

Should nations be tied up to the point where a drawing of lots shall be necessary, lots will actually be drawn, in which the two or more nations tied shall be placed in a pot, and the positions (represented by a number) available in another pot. A nation shall be pulled out from the first pot, and their position in the second pot shall be pulled out from the second pot. That number will be the nation's position in the final table, should it be tied up to that point.

Questions?
The floor is open for questions from you all, and we thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this bid.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:22 am

Must say, no issues spring out at me as a possible cause for concern. Good on you for not releasing qualifying criteria, too.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:49 am

Will the final be held in Fontvieille or Fontvielle?

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:30 am

Audioslavia wrote:Will the final be held in Fontvieille or Fontvielle?

Neither, sadly. In fact, Fontvielle, Valladares might not be hosting any games at the competition. Meanwhile, Fontvieille, Yttribia will likely be the venue for the 3PPO, if that serves of any consolation.
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

If you were to go to 36 teams, what would the format be? 9 groups of 4? Would only 7 of 9 second-place teams go through?
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Yttribia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:If you were to go to 36 teams, what would the format be? 9 groups of 4? Would only 7 of 9 second-place teams go through?

If we were to go to 36 teams, the format would be 6 groups of 6, in which the top two teams from each group would move on to the Round of 16, as well as the four best third-placed teams.
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Good and solid bid, despite having 0 WCC experience, I want to say that both of you are qualified to do this and Valladares, well... I hope he didn't allow entry to his cows in the stadium :p

Both of you have a secure vote from me.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 pm

I support this bid.
Go foward Valladares and Yttribia.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:27 pm

It's always easy to talk about what we did well as host, but what (if anything) do you think you did not so well in your previous hosting experiences, and what will you do to ensure that it doesn't happen again here?
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:02 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:It's always easy to talk about what we did well as host, but what (if anything) do you think you did not so well in your previous hosting experiences, and what will you do to ensure that it doesn't happen again here?

I've hosted two Copas Rushmori in the past, and both of them were flawless and smoothly run from a "technical" point of view. If I had to choose something not to repeat from any of those two experiences, then it'd be distributing 36 entrants in 9 groups of 4, given that a format like that would have to somehow forcibly cut two second-placed teams in order to make a 16-team knockout round, as you pointed out in an earlier question. I think a format like that would work for a regional tournament that isn't really expected to show the amount of participation and RPing input you would expect in a CoH, but not for the Cup of Harmony itself. There's also another issue with having 9 groups of 4, as it would imply that either of the co-hosts would have to be in charge of an extra group, and both Yttribia and I would like to have some balance regarding the amount of groups to be scorinated by both. These are the main reasons as to why we're sticking to 6 groups of 6 teams in the case we have to reach a "compromise" in order to have 36 teams (again, our preferred numbers for the competition will always be 32 and 40) and also as to why I wouldn't repeat that from an earlier hosting experience this time.
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Yttribia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:It's always easy to talk about what we did well as host, but what (if anything) do you think you did not so well in your previous hosting experiences, and what will you do to ensure that it doesn't happen again here?

Well, personally, one tournament I did host, the CEdP II, ended up with me not being able to finish it due to a technical reason. I had thought my computer was fixed, so I could be able to scorinate the tournament, however, my computer crashed, as did all of my data. I had to have Sangti/TRB finish up the tournament for me, because of my computer problems.

Another tournament which I actually messed up from a technical standpoint was my section (tournament) in the NSCAA 6. Everything, scorination wise, ran smooth and well. However, near the end of the tournament, I had extremely late cutoffs due to some IRL stuff that happened to me, preventing me from scorinating during my usual cut-off, and cutting-off two or so hours later. I had not mentioned this in the OOC thread as early as possible, so I'm positive people participating in my regional, so people were stuck waiting for several hours for scorination.

The former was not foreseeable, while the latter would have been notified to the RPers as early as possible. In order to prevent extremely late scorination to happen again, I plan on notifying competitors about scorination outside of my time frame as early as possible.
Hosted

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports