NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 56 | Everything thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 pm

As the final whistle blew, Mikaere couldn't hold it in very much longer. His 54th minute goal had done it. Les Oiseaux had made it to the Round of 32 and he couldn't hold in his celebration anymore. A recovered and elated Bercée was right in front of him.

Mikaere pounced and beamed his brightest smile at the surprised midfielder.

"We're in, Stéphane."

Bercée let out a little chuckle as his team mate celebrated their victory.

"Nous sommes. Nous sommes."

Archambault breathed a deep sigh of relief as his team, or Juan Manuel's team really, was assured of two more games in the Baptism. As the assistant coach entered his bedroom, he dived onto his bed in a wave of euphoric relief. At least he wouldn't have his head served on a pike back home, he thought, trying to downplay the achievement his national team had just fought to earn.

"De Rosas, we did it," Archambault whispered, in the desperate hope that somehow, maybe miraculously, his boss could hear him. "We're through. Undefeated too."

"Be safe, Juan Manuel."

"Come back to us soon..."

The team met up in their hotel room after their game. A victory like that deserved a party, not just for advancing, but knocking Subspace Embassy and Casagrande out along the way.

"I've got more of that Pinot Noir I got pissed off of the other day," Dessantos said as he bolted for the little refrigerator in the team suite. "I figured we'd break it out to celebrate advancing."

"I know I asked you this once," mocked Uira. "But how did you get this shit past customs?"

"Couple hundred bob never hurt," said Dessantos, with a menacing wink to crown the statement.

"Okay then. A glass each, I assume," inquired a cautious Bercée, remembering what the alcohol had done to their star keeper before.

"If it's fine with you, I won't have any. After last time, I'm kind of sick of the stuff."

"Good," the team said in unison, grateful that Dessantos wouldn't be benched with another hangover.

"Pour us some, Gulyèlmo." "Don't spill it." "Tad more." "There's a chip in this glass."

After all was said and done, Mani proposed the toast. "To success. Teamwork. And most important of all, friendship."

"Cheers!"

The team had a lot to celebrate. It wasn't over. Not by a long shot. But no one could have gone home upset after the trials and tribulations of their opening. The last group stage game was to come and it wouldn't be easy, but Les Oiseaux could celebrate knowing that their fate was certain.
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

The Fallenmark Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Fallenmark Islands » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:35 pm

"...lumps the ball in, last chance saloon now for the Herons but it's cleared by the Jecatrians for a corner. Thirteenth corner of the match now for The Fallenmark Islands, extraordinary. Gundersen trots over to take it - Tikkanen not on the pitch anymore remember. Darmstadt makes a good run to the near post but the ball flies harmlessly over everyone, and that's a poor corner. And now Jecatria can break. It's three against two here and the Herons could be in trouble. Past halfway now. Still coming. Niko Aanot holds them up by the byline and that allows Darmstadt and Damkjaer to get back and that's good defending.

"Dispossesses. Herons have the ball again. Minutes left in this match. Remember, a draw would probably be enough to qualify in this match or the next but Alexsandr van Sorensen has been very outspoken about wanting to win the group, for which only a win will do here. Darmstadt now. turning defence into attack as always. Long ball up to Just. back to Urness. Urness. Goes round one - that's brilliant - and that's a great diagonal ball there's Juran and Beyer in the box and Juran's underneath this cross. Juran brings it down fo-... n-... OH, THAT'S BRILLIANT! Arnljótur Juran! It looked for all the world like he was bringing it down and knocking it down for Eiríkur Beyer but the entire defence was fooled by the dummy and instead he's headed to himself and used the space to volley it in! And Juran has more than likely won this for the Herons at the death! Mic!"

"OOOOOOHHHH THAT'S A BEEAAAUUUUUTIFUL GOAL! OFF THE BAR AND IN, AND HE'S FOOLED EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER ON THE PITCH WITH THAT DUMMY. MAGNIFICENT GOAL. IT HAD BEEN COMING, EIDUR, IT HAD BEEN COMING. THE MORE THE GAME STRETCHED THE MORE YOU FELT LIKE THE FALLENMARK ISLANDS HAD THE ANSWERS AT THE BACK AND JECATRIA JUST COULDN'T GET EVERYTHING SORTED."

"One-nil to the Herons then, and the referee is waiting to get the game restarted but the team are still walking back from their celebrations with the bench. There can't be much ti-..."

The sudden silence that followed the commentary when he pressed pause on the remote hit Alexsandr like a punch to the gut. After so many hours of analysis, note taking, scanning, rewinding, and slow motion playthrough, the motor on the DVD player slammed off with a clunking noise that didn't sound healthy. So relieved was it to not be working still that the slow run-down was abandoned and an emergency stop was called upon.
It punctuated the silence.

Alexsandr shook his pen in annoyance as the nib started to scratch and dig at the paper, leaving an embossed trail where previously would have been deep blue ink. He tried again. Nothing. He threw the pen over his shoulder and into the bin and massaged his writing arm. It was sore. He'd written a lot of notes and was working incredible late but he didn't mind a bit. Not one bit. The last time he'd sat down like this to work deep into the night he'd had a defeat to bounce back from and had needed to work hard at the tactical solutions. And it had worked, too, as the team has just won their most recent match - a match that kept them in with the possibility of winning the group. Provided Czarch messed up. They were through to the next round though, and that was the most important thing.

Leaning back in his office chair, he cracked his knuckles and smiled. This whole management thing was okay, and he was enjoying himself a lot more than he thought he would. The little nation of less than five million people had already taken their fellow Valhallan to heart, and he was looking forward to a long career with them. He smiled at the ceiling and felt the early tentative tendrils of sleep for the first time that night. His work done, the next training prepared, the plans for the next match outlined, perhaps he could finally leave the training complex they'd hired and go back to the hotel for some sleep.

The sound of a key turning in the lock in the room next door quickly woke him up. Leaning forwards again, Alexsandr span his chair around and looked at the door. Next door, whoever it was with the key had found the door unlocked and was walking in tentatively.

"Hello?" said a nervous voice that Alexsandr immediately recognised.

"Oh, it's you," he said quietly, before shouting, "in here, Dietar!"

Dietar Eygenroy's movements paused, and then in three long strides, the Blockhead assistant manager's head appeared at the doorway.

"Did you forget your room key?" asked Alexsandr innocently.

"I could ask you the same thing, pal!" exclaimed Dietar.

"What?"

"That is, I'm assuming you've stayed here all night, and that you haven't just gotten up before me." continued Dietar.

"What are you on about, Dietar?"

"It's light outside, man!" he exclaimed, walking over to the folded metal blinds and pulling on their cords, "Look!"

Alexsandr squinted. It was, as Dietar said, getting light outside. Dawn was creeping up on Gregoryisgodistan, and another day's training for the national team of The Fallenmark Islands with it. Back at the hotel, the players' alarm clocks would start beeping right about now, the more motivated amongst them jumping up and straight into the showers, the more laid-back amongst them hitting the snooze buttons. As the approaching yellow tinted more and more of the deep indigo in the sky a tart orange shade as it advanced across the sky, they would come down for breakfast together, and then jump on the coach with Mikkel and Eyvindur to get to the training ground, where Dietar would have already arranged things for them.

"What time is it?" asked Alexsandr, slightly confused as to where the time had gone.

"It's just gone half five, Sandr," said Dietar disapprovingly, "have you not slept all night?"

"Erm, no." confessed Alexsandr sheepishly, "I got carried away with the plans."

"Right. Well," said Dietar, looking around the room, "you've got a bit of time, yet. I came in earlier than usual to do some circuits myself, so the players won't be here for a couple of hours yet. It's open training today though, Sandr, so get some shut-eye, yeah? Wouldn't want any press speculation disturbing things now."

"Here?"

"Yeah, why not? A couple of hours on the sofa in the next room will do you good. I'll come and get you in time, don't worry."

Slightly dazed, Alexsandr rose from his chair. He hadn't realised the time flying by, so engrossed was he in his work. Ever driven to get better, he'd been enjoying working hard and had simply never felt like he needed to go back to the hotel. Dietar was right, though, he knew he was. That was one of the reasons he'd hired him out of Jan Mayen Islanders. His former captain there, not only would he be bringing considerable experience and defensive coaching to the team, but he also knew how to look after Alexsandr, and he was self-aware enough to recognise that this was something that would be needed from time to time.

Receiving a pat on the back from Dietar as he walked past him and onto the sofa, Alexsandr sprawled out and realised for the first time that evening that he'd worked so long that even his synaesthesia symptoms had started dimming down into the back of his head. He thought of home, and received such a dim vision of purple and violet in his mind's eye that it seemed as though the entire world had had its saturation turned down. He leaned his head against the armrest, feeling far more comfortable than he had any right to, given the materials the sofa was made from, such was the level of his tiredness. It was hitting him like a hammer, now. His limbs lay heavily across the sofa, feeling almost like they belonged to someone else. Dead weight. Daggers stabbed at the back of his eyes, and the urge to close them was irresistible. He could rest easy, safe in the knowledge that the preparation was done and the team was in safe hands, and he in Dietar's.

Just as he was on the cusp of sleep, with the sound of his own heart rushing in his head, another clatter from next door disturbed him.

Unable to resist, he chuckled sleepily and called through, "What about now? Forget something this time? Dietar?"

"Oh, Dietar's out doing circuits." said a calm voice that Alexsandr didn't recognise, much closer than he'd thought it would be.

He sat bolt upright, suddenly not all that sleepy anymore. His eyes quickly focused and found the source of both the clatter and the voice. A man in an ugly black suit was leaning against the table. He had a weasel-y face, and carried a smirk that Alexsandr took an immediate dislike to. It seemed to say 'I know something you don't know, and I'm very happy about it too, thank you very much.'

"Hello." said the man, still smirking.

"Who-..."

"Who am I?" interrupted the man. Alexsandr nodded. "My name is Agent Henk. I'm your Governmental Liaison Officer."

"My what?"

"I've been sent by the Fallenmark Government," continued Agent Henk, walking towards Alexsandr and handing him his identification by way of proof, "to look after you all out here."

"How... how did you get in?" asked Alexsandr, warily, taking the card but not really looking at it.

"Oh, when you've received the kind of training I've received, there aren't many doors that can keep me out," said Henk smugly, "Don't mind me, though. I can see you're busy. I'll let myself out and come back to speak to you and Dietar later."

Alexsandr just stared back in response as Henk clicked his heels in salute, turned around, and left the room.

'Thor's Beard,' he thought to himself, dumbfounded, 'have they really sent a spook to check up on us...?'
The Commonwealth of The Fallenmark Islands - Pop. 9,400,000
Capital: Marylebone - Demonym: Valhallan (Fallenmark) - Trigramme: TFI
“From the Earth, Prosperity” - A constituent member of The Valhallan Union
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:03 pm

It's RP Cutoff Time for the last games of the Group Stage in Schiavonia, Kalumba, The Archregimancy and Gregoryisgodistan! We hope you have all enjoyed your stays in these esteemed nations of the NSWC, and we hope that all of those who go through are ready to move on to the next nation (winners of Group H aside). Remember, there is an extra day for the teams in this section (the next match will be on Sunday, as outlined on Matchday 6), so hopefully that is plenty of time to acclimatise!

MATCHDAY 7 in SCHIAVONIA, KALUMBA, THE ARCHREGIMANCY & GREGORYISGODISTAN

Group E
Subspace Embassy 0–4 Laiyenda
Casagrande 2–3 Red Blackiland
Melthing 1–4 The Saint James Islands

Group E                                          Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Red Blackiland 6 4 2 0 13 5 +8 14
2 The Saint James Islands 6 4 2 0 12 5 +7 14
3 Lavertezzo 6 3 1 2 15 11 +4 10
4 Laiyenda 6 2 3 1 11 7 +4 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Melthing 6 3 0 3 7 11 −4 9
6 Casagrande 6 1 0 5 8 11 −3 3
7 Subspace Embassy 6 0 0 6 2 18 −16 0

Group F
Lons 3–0 The Channel 4 News Team
Notsofreeland 2–0 Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Vangaziland 0–1 Novach

Group F                                          Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Notsofreeland 6 4 2 0 7 0 +7 14
2 Novach 6 4 1 1 9 4 +5 13
3 Lons 6 3 1 2 9 4 +5 10
4 Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic 6 3 1 2 11 10 +1 10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Britonisea 6 2 1 3 6 7 −1 7
6 Vangaziland 6 1 0 5 3 12 −9 3
7 The Channel 4 News Team 6 0 2 4 4 12 −8 2

Group G
Green Highland 1–3 The Fallenmark Islands
Western European Republic 2–5 Czarch
Dobbsland 0–1 Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod

Group G                                          Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Czarch 6 4 2 0 16 8 +8 14
2 The Fallenmark Islands 6 4 1 1 11 5 +6 13
3 Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod 6 3 2 1 5 5 0 11
4 Jecatria 6 3 1 2 11 7 +4 10
5 Western European Republic 6 1 1 4 7 13 −6 4
6 Green Highland 6 1 1 4 5 11 −6 4
7 Dobbsland 6 1 0 5 7 13 −6 3

Group H
Mosktopia 2–2 Terre Des Gaules
Vunishia 3–0 Gregoryisgodistan Special Administration Zone
Cata Larga 4–4 The Jasminia Islands

Group H                                          Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Vunishia 6 4 2 0 16 6 +10 14
2 Cata Larga 6 3 3 0 16 9 +7 12
3 The Jasminia Islands 6 2 3 1 15 13 +2 9
4 Terre Des Gaules 6 2 2 2 13 11 +2 8
5 Mosktopia 6 2 2 2 8 9 −1 8
6 Gregoryisgodistan Special Administration Zone 6 1 1 4 8 16 −8 4
7 Fnaticka 6 0 1 5 7 19 −12 1

Very Friendly Result: Schiavonia 2–2 Lavertezzo

ROUND OF 32 DRAW in SCHIAVONIA, NEPHARA, NOVA ANGLICANA & RUENTENBACH

In Nephara
Red Blackiland --------------------|
v |-----------------------------------|
Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic| |
|-----------------------------------
The Fallenmark Islands ------------| |
The Jasminia Islands --------------|

In Nova Anglicana
Notsofreeland ---------------------|
Laiyenda --------------------------| |
Cata Larga ------------------------| |
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod -----------|

In Ruentenbach
Czarch ----------------------------|
Terre Des Gaules ------------------| |
The Saint James Islands -----------| |
Lons ------------------------------|

In Schiavonia
Vunishia --------------------------|
Jecatria --------------------------| |
Novach ----------------------------| |
Lavertezzo ------------------------|
Last edited by Schiavonia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vunishia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vunishia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Vunishia Goal Scorers

Hy Taylor; 12
Hy Taylor; 34
Nigel Taylor; 39
Fox Smith; 72
Ford Wood; 84

Jasminia Islands Goal Scorers

Lars Carlsberg; 43
Nils Moller; 79

Yellow Cards

Nigel Taylor; 40 (Excessive celebration)

Substitutions

Hy Taylor -> Leonard Ward 45

---

"Well... It's not the food, it's not the water - you'd be surprised how many people have averse reactions to water outside of their home, sometimes even from place to place within the same country - it's none of the local fauna or Flora, and yes we did check to make sure it wasn't a specific breed... Are you sure you haven't started any medication within the past couple of weeks and it slipped your mind?" The doctor pauses. "...Non-medical drug, perhaps?"

Andy Clark sighed, this was the third or fourth time he'd had to explain he wasn't on any new medication. The next question was going to be if he was on any old medication that he may have developed an allergy to, since that sometimes happened apparently. "Positive I haven't, and I've been too focused on the tournament to be taking part in the night life, if that's what you're implying." The doctor opened his mouth, about to ask the expected follow up "...Wait... Nolan Moore did have us try those 'RPD' things. We didn't think they'd work, obviously, though our performance given our lack of ability seems to indicate they have been."

"Well, the placebo effect is a powerful thing, but as I recall the trials indicated they didn't even have that when some athletes in in Vunishian orienteering were trying them. They were statistically less effective than the sugar pills. Huh. Not happy about Nolan not consulting me before putting on drugs, though, but if you happen to have some with you I can test for allergy to it easy enough."

Nolan Moore didn't know what to do with Nigel. After Hy Taylor had scored his second goal of the match, Nigel Taylor had broken formation from defence - again - scored a goal when Hy had been in a better position to shoot - at least that stunt hadn't cost them a possible goal this time round, and hadn't let the opposition score off of it - and then got a yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct due to his celebration.

And why was his assistant coa-- Nolan corrected himself mid-thought. Why was his third string goalie whispering urgently with the guy he was about to substitute Nigel for?

"OK, I'm bringing Nigel off. Leonard Ward, start warming up." Nolan watched as Leonard jolted... Was that panic? "...Unless you're not up to playing today for some reason? I guess I could send... Err... Please tell me you're up to playing so I don't have to send Rubin on..."

"Err... No. No, it's not that... I'm just... Maybe... Keep Nigel on?"

"He's not playing according to the general strategy. He's going so far off the plan as to put us at risk of--" The crowd went wild, the Jasminia Islands had gotten a goal in against Vunishia, through the hole in the defence Nigel was currently leaving. "...That."

Sherman Lee breathed in. "I agree entirely, but he seems to be reasonable up front." He paused, clearly trying to think of what he was actually suggesting as he was suggesting it. "We're nearly at half time, lets wait until then, swap Hy off, play Nigel in Hy's position, and put Leonard Ward in Nigel's position."

"...But Hy's been playing well!"

"Exactly, give the guy some well earned R&R." He muttered under his breath "While I have a word with him about brotherly relationship."

"I didn't quite catch that."

Sherman sighed. He didn't want to let the Nolan know what he'd been able to piece together, because the manager had accidentally played Nigel in Hy's position last game, because Nigel had disguised himself as Hy, and Hy had been delayed until sometime in the second half, but he was apparently going to have to explain something of what was going on. "I'm not sure it was coincidence that Nigel keeps starting playing like that after Hy has done well. I'm also think Nigel's disappearance was related to you taking him off."

Nolan was startled at such an assertion. "He was kidnapped. He had rope marks around his wrists, and somehow wound up in Hy's clothes when he managed to reemerge. I hadn't told you until now because I didn't want you to worry."

Now this was news to Sherman. While he knew Nigel had been playing as Hy, so this kidnapping was of Hy rather than Nigel as the coach thought, and as such was unrelated to ... Still, it fitted with the delay Hy had faced getting to the game, but that embrace that Hy had given Nigel when he saw him seemed unlikely if Hy knew, and the nerves Nigel was showing during the embrace. "Kidnapped? In Schiavonia? Near to Hy's clothes? Are you sure that's more likely than Nigel being jealous of Hy? Especially given that he got a haircut that's identical to Hy's?"

"I... Huh. Fine, we play it your way. But if this turns sour..."

"...I'm swimming home, yeah. You've threatened me with that about a dozen times so far since we've been in Schiavonia, haven't yet been at risk of breaking out my bathing suit. You've set yourself to repeat song, not repeat playlist."

Nolan looked at the kid, bemused "...What the hell was wrong with your record is skipping?"

"Implies anyone but old men and hipsters listen to vinyl these days."

Nolan broke into a smirk. "Think about your swimming skills before clarifying which group you're labelling me with."

The second half had gone smoothly, Fox Smith scoring from a cross from Nigel Taylor, Leonard Ward making two key blocks of before Nils Moller got through the flimsy Vunishian defence, and Ford Wood getting the final goal in before full time. After the match, on the other hand...

Sherman Lee walked out of the room with Hy Taylor, exasperated. "Two bloody hours. I've tried to explain that his brother is jealous of his more prestigious position for two bloody hours and the guy just can't see it. He won't even accept that the reason he woke up in a closet for the match against and Nigel was playing in his place was that he wasn't that Nigel knew he was going to be kidnapped at some point and was preparing to fill in."

Nolan Moore overheard the rant that Sherman had aimed mostly at thin air. "Nigel did what?! When the hell did you find out about this?!"

It was at that point that the Vunishian doctor broke the news that the allergy Andy Clark had suffered from was to RPDs to Nolan Moore. That Vunishia didn't have a backup manager was about to become a problem, since the awfully nice Schiavonian Doctors who had taken care of Nolan after he had come round in the hospital, in the friendliest possible manner, absolutely forbade Nolan from even attending any more football matches for the remainder of the tournament, yet alone managing a team in any of them.

---

Starting lineup for match against Gregoryisgodistan Special Administration Zone:

1 GK - Karston Jackson
2 DC - Sheadon Huges
3 DC - Zebediah Green
13 DC - Leonard Ward
5 LMF - Shaw Robinson
15 CMF - Phineas Martin
7 CMF - Fox Smith
8 CMF - Fairly Evans
9 RMF - Eliah James
10 FC - Hy Taylor
4 FC - Nigel Taylor

Vanersholm
Secretary

Founded: Feb 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanersholm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

THE UNIVERSITY FILES

It was time to leave for that mysterious meeting. Kuro got his journal and a pencil. He walked out of his dorm and headed for his chem class. He opened the door and found out it was classroom sized full of students. Raphaella and Blaine were already there. The professor, Dr. Daly smiled and said, "Come in Kuro. Close the door while you're there." Kuro nodded and closed the door. "Sit down please." Kuro sat next to Raphaella then the professor started to talk, "Hello students. I called you in because I trust you. Before I start talking I want to ask you, do you like the current government?"

The students looked at each other not sure what to say. One student left disturbed. The other ones still weren't sure. Eventually some students raised their hands and the professor smiled and picked a student. One student said no. Next one up? No. No. No. It continued for 14 students in a row eventually Raphaella was picked and she said she wasn't sure. The professor asked why and Raphaella shrugged, "I am not a citizen of Vanersholm, why should I have an opinion?" The professor nodded, "Respectable enough, but I will convince you that you need dislike this government. Next person?"

The next student was Blaine and he had a totally different opinion compared to Raphaella he said, "I hate this government. Reminds me of what happened at home. I love democracy. I wish we had it here, you know? I know it isn't going to happen back at home..." The professor nodded he then picked Kuro. Kuro himself didn't say anything for the first minute or two, "Well... I dunno Doctor... I never got interested in politics... I just want to heal and stuff." The Dr. Daly nodded again, "Don't worry, like Raphaella we will convince you that this government? Cannot exist any more."

He then looked around to the students, "I am going to talk about the atrocities this Kingdom has done! I am going to convince you that this government can no longer be a monarchy!" The professor then began to continue to the main part of his speech. For the next 2 hours he would talk about the crimes of the country and convince those students to rebel with him. The thing they didn't know, is that one student that left before was going to tell the administrators. The revolutionary professor was going to be taken out and punishments would be bad if students didn't back down from their new beliefs...

To be continued...
Puppet of Felix

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:17 pm

MD 7 Cut-off good luck for the contending sides

Relax with this.

San José Guayabal MD 7 Scores

Key:

Blue: In next round.
Red: Eliminated.

Group A

All matches played at Estadio Tierra de Fuego, SJG (Att: 105,104)

West Carpathia 1–0 Monkeykind
Wolfenia 2–2 Yids
Ayscos 1–2 Timbermunich

Group A                 Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
1 Timbermunich 6 6 0 0 19 10 +9 18
2 Monkeykind 6 4 0 2 8 8 0 12
3 Yids 6 3 1 2 16 9 +7 10
4 Wolfenia 6 2 2 2 8 6 +2 8

--------------------------------------------------------------
5 West Carpathia 6 2 1 3 7 15 −8 7
6 Ayscos 6 1 1 4 9 11 −2 4
7 The Blaatschapen 6 0 1 5 6 14 −8 1

Group B

All matches played at Estadio Juan Francisco Barraza, San Miguel, SJG (Att: 99,120)

St Iago Isles 0–0 Azrea
Dawnhaven 1–3 Westfield House
Mehdonesia 2–4 Absurdly Polite Gentleman

Group B                      Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
1 United Eastedge 6 4 2 0 17 7 +10 14
2 Absurdly Polite Gentleman 6 3 1 2 15 11 +4 10
3 Azrea 6 2 4 0 8 5 +3 10
4 Dawnhaven 6 2 2 2 6 7 −1 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Westfield House 6 2 2 2 13 17 −4 8
6 St Iago Isles 6 0 3 3 5 10 −5 3
7 Mehdonesia 6 0 2 4 5 12 −7 2

Group C

All matches played at Estadio Monumental Loma Chata, Loma Chata, SJG. (Att: 122,154)

Gustavpolis 0–1 Vanersholm
Angelastan 0–2 Valdiviola
Cobano 1–2 ORCA Bay

Group C                 Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Vanersholm 6 4 2 0 13 7 +6 14
2 ORCA Bay 6 4 1 1 16 10 +6 13
3 Angelastan 6 3 2 1 10 8 +2 11
4 Valdiviola 6 3 1 2 9 8 +1 10

5 Rossana 6 2 2 2 13 10 +3 8
6 Gustavpolis 6 1 0 5 8 17 −9 3
7 Cobano 6 0 0 6 4 13 −9 0

Group D

All matches played at Estadio Oscar Alberto Quiteño, Santa Ana, SJG. (Att: 110,141)

Mamaroneck 0–1 Venalzio
Airella 3–3 Semarland
Ekox 0–2 Raussland

Group D                 Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Venalzio 6 3 3 0 7 1 +6 12
2 Raussland 6 2 3 1 10 8 +2 9
3 Mamaroneck 6 3 0 3 10 8 +2 9
4 Semarland 6 1 4 1 11 12 −1 7

5 Lolloh 6 2 1 3 7 11 −4 7
6 Airella 6 1 3 2 6 7 −1 6
7 Ekox 6 1 2 3 6 10 −4 5

Round of 32 fixtures (16 teams in SJG and 16 in Schiavonia and Co.)

Time and fixtures in each match.

Cut-off at Saturday at the usual time.

(19:30) Timbermunich vs Dawnhaven @ At The 56 Stadium, Ramírez.

(22:15) Monkeykind vs Azrea @ At Estadio Oscar Alberto Quiteño, Santa Ana.

(17:30) Absurdly Polite Gentleman vs Yids @ Estadio Monumental Loma Chata, Loma Chata.

(20:00) United Eastedge vs Wolfenia @ Estadio Luis Barbosa, El Roblar.

(23:00) Vanersholm vs Semarland @ Estadio Nacional Barrio El Niño, Meléndez.

(20:45) ORCA Bay vs Mamaroneck @ Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador.

(0:00) Raussland vs Angelastan @ Estadio Tierra de Fuego, Yucuaiquín.

(15:30) Venalzio vs Valdiviola @ Sakhalinsk Stadion, Sakhalin.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Czarch
Secretary

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Czarch » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:02 pm

OFFICAL CZARCH REPORT

Czarch dominant in group finale

The Baptism of Fire group stage has ended, and Czarch won it's group after a 5-2 win over Western European Republic. Czarch came out quickly, as earlier in the day The Fallenmark Islands won 3-1 over Green Highland, temporarily assuming the top spot in the group. Only a win would see Czarch get the top seed, and within minutes the first half onslaught began. In the 9th minute, WCA2 Xavier scored after WER's defenders collided atop the box, leaving Xavier clear to slam home the opening goal of the match. WER played very loosely in the back and Czarch took complete advantage, sending deep curling crosses into the box seemingly on every possession. In the 22nd minute, Xavier scored again, as the WER defense was caught again playing too loose. Czarch struck again, this time in the 28th minute, as SC1 Oliver found himself clear on a counterattack and banked home a shot off of the far post. Czarch completed the first half with a goal from WCA2 Austin in the 42nd minute.

Being up 4-0 at halftime, ADJ Gregory decided to substitute out SC1 Oliver, WCA2s Xavier and Heather for SC12 Gerald, SC12 Jason and SC1 Mark. WER made some changes as well, trying to tighten up their defense, and it worked. The open crossing passes were quickly intercepted and just 3 minutes into the 2nd half WER scored to make it 4-1. Most of the remainder of the half was a defensive slugfest, as most every pass was cleared out quickly by both defenses. In the 85th minute, WER managed to cut the lead down to 4-2 as SC12 Gerald was given a yellow card for taking down a WER attacker at the goal line by shoving him into the post during a corner kick attempt. With the momentum, WER started to press forward looking to cut into lead even more, but that lead to SC1 Mark's goal in the 88th minute after a horrible corner that curved away from the net, leaving a 4-on-1 break back to the WER net. With the win, Czarch finished with a 4-2-0 record and a +8 goal differential the 2nd best performance in the Schiavonian half of the draw. The team will travel to Mannendorf, Rüntenbach, for the playoffs, and will face Terre Des Gaules in the Round of 16.

Absurdly Polite Gentlemen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Absurdly Polite Gentlemen » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:55 am

The Gentlemen's Sporting Weekly
The FFoAPG Apologises

The Football Federation of Absurdly Polite Gentlemen has apologised in the most sincere manner for its teams rather impolite achievement of making it to the knockout stages of the Baptism of Fire. They would firstly like to apologise to the people of Westfield House, the St Iago Islands and Mehdonesia, as they have all been knocked out. They would also like to hand over an extended apology to Westfield House for their rather impolite display against them, which has been deemed as showing off and is therefore massively discouraged from ever happening again.

The FFoAPG has also stated that it wishes Yids all the best of luck in knocking them out come the Ro32, they hope that they end this trail of what can only be described as showing-off, by putting on a jolly-good show against our lads, giving us one last game to watch, and preferably winning by either one goal to nil, or two goals to one. Nothing that will show up our defence as atrocious at least. This hope may become a reality, as Yids have shown themselves capable of dispatching teams, including in one 5-0 win. Hopefully, they will be able to put on a strong performance and end this madness that has seen the 11 firm handshakes inconvenience many other countries.

One positive, however, has been taken out of the campaign by the FFoAPG, who have stated that they are happy in the way the players have conducted themselves; having shaken hands firmly with each opposition, made teas each game, despite never receiving an official letter of thanks, and they have also yet to have committed a single foul, not even one offside. They are hopeful that this most wonderful streak of form in the fair play department may continue as the 11 firm handshakes take on Yids and then go on to World Cup Qualifying, and, god forbid, the BoF Ro16.

The last game of the group stage saw the 11 firm handshakes face Mehdonesia, in a game that turned out to be played in a wholly impolite manner in terms of football. It started off with a shocking first half where Orping scored a hatrick, putting the team 3-1 ahead at the break and getting himself substituted to prevent any further showing off. Mehdonesia then clawed back one early in the first half, but Hawthorn then, very rudely, buried the game in the 77th minute by scoring another, wholly unnecessary and impolite, goal to make it 4-2. This saw our chaps through to the Ro32, and we hope they take the rest day to have a think about what they have done, and hopefully act more like gentlemen in the next round.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 am

Welcome to Nova Anglicana/Bienvenue á la Nouvelle-Anglais

The Nova Anglican Football Association and the nation as a whole welcomes the nations of Notsofreeland, Laiyenda, Cata Larga, and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Gorod and heartily congratulates them on their advancement to the Round of 32 of the 56th Baptism of Fire. Below are the venues and some information on Nova Anglicana.

The first stadium, to play host to Notsofreeland-Laiyenda and the subsequent Round of 16 matchup, is Kelly Park (cap. 42,000) in Londinium. Kelly Park is located in the capital of Nova Anglicana, a bustling seaside city of 1.8 million.

The second venue, which will play host to Cata Larga and YZG, is Yeoman's Stadium (cap. 37,000) in Eboracum. Eboracum is the second-largest and second most important city in Nova Anglicana and is another seaside city with a population of nearly 1.6 million.

[spoiler=Yeoman's]Image[/spoiler]

Kelly Park is the home of Archbishop FC, one of the most consistently competitive clubs in the NAFL and the winner of the last Anglican Cup, the pan-Nova Anglican club competition. It is also the main venue for Lions World Cup Qualifying, having hosted six qualifying matches, as well as international friendlies against both NS and FIFA nations. Additionally, it played host to the playoff stages of the recent Londinium rugby sevens tournament (in which Notsofreeland finished second, so we welcome them especially back to Londinium). The people of Londinium are crazy about football, among other things, and would certainly pack the stadium to see these new nations compete.

Yeoman's Stadium is home to Heartwood FC. Heartwood are consistent bottom-half finishers in the NAFL, but they are supported well by the locals. The stadium has hosted five WC qualifying matches and multiple international friendlies. Perhaps a bit tired of seeing Heartwood disappoint them, the Eboracum residents would love to see some quality football from new teams.

About Nova Anglicana

Nova Anglicana maintains a strong public transport system, both inside and out of urban areas. Most large cities have a metro or subway system, managed by the city, but subsidized by the central government. Bus service is ubiquitous in cities with a population of 25,000 or more, and several private companies provide long-distance bus service. Many families own cars in Nova Anglicana, but these are often used for pleasure trips or as a symbol of status. Residents of urban areas often rely on public transport, and those in the suburbs often find that driving to the station and riding the metro is less time-consuming should they wish to enter the city. The state-owned NovaRail connects cities in the various provinces of Nova Anglicana and is widely regarded as an efficient and affordable way to travel within or between provinces.

For longer journeys or international travel, Nova Anglicana has international airports in each of its ten largest municipalities and domestic airports scattered across the country. The municipalities own the airports, but the security is provided by private companies as well as national air marshals and all flights are provided by private companies.

Crime is rarely a problem in Nova Anglicana, as a strong social safety net and good public education, along with an improved economy, give most Nova Anglicans little reason to commit crimes. Crime is so low that the central government spends nothing on law & order (except for border control), preferring to leave it to the individual cities and provinces.

In addition to its strong infrastructure and miniscule crime rate, Nova Anglicana is consistently ranked among the top nations in many categories. Visitors always remark on the warm welcome they receive from citizens, and Nova Anglicana is considered one of the happiest and healthiest nations in the NS universe. It also enjoys great weather and culture, so there is always plenty to do no matter what one's idea of fun is.

Food and Drink

So when you and that Nova Anglican fan hit it off and go for a drink and meal, what can you expect? Lots of fish, b'y. Londinium is located in the province of Newfoundland, which has a very strong fishing industry. Fish and chips, cod every way you can think of (tongues are a favorite), flounder, halibut, salmon, and lobster are some of the typical seafood one can expect, though if you're lucky, you might be able to find seal flipper pie, a real treat. For land fare, try caribou, deer, rabbit, or the famous "jiggs dinner", salted beef with boiled vegetables, as well as pickles and beets. For dessert, think figgy duff, a sweet raisin pudding, or one of our many baked goods flavored with molasses.

Eboracum is also a maritime city, so look for a lot of seafood, but lobster especially (and eel is surprisingly popular). Rappie pie is an Acadian tradition, made from grated potatoes with meat broth dripped over it, and various types of sausage can also be found just about anywhere. Eboracum also offers wonderful apples, blueberries, and wine, for those of you looking for something other than meat. Blueberry grunt is a local dessert favorite that consists of blueberry dumplings with nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar mixed in; tourists consistently rave about it.

Jiggs Dinner

But what you really want to know about is the beer, right? Pubs in Londinium are open from noon to midnight, usually, and later on the weekends, and local breweries usually hold the same hours, give or take an hour or two. Expect to see plenty of traditional lagers and ales, though local microbreweries are turning out more complex beers, including a popular blueberry ale made with local blueberries. The most popular in the city is Lion, both in its lager and stout form. George Street, located near the harbour, is the best place to go for local nightlife, featuring over 20 bars, pubs, and clubs. Expect plenty of live music, mostly folk, though the clubs will play American and Canadian pop, as well as rap, hip-hop, and R&B.

Eboracum is much the same, but with a larger focus on "higher" culture such as operas, art galleries, museums and concert halls. That's not to say that you can't go out dancing, as Eboracum has a great local music scene, mostly alternative rock and pop. Overall, Eboracum's a little quieter than Londinium, but no less fun, especially if you are a Francophone. The French-language scene is much more vibrant here than in Londinium, and the mixture of the two cultures makes for a wonderful environment. If you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of one of the many movies filmed there each year.

Lion

Language and Religion

Being formed from parts of Anglophone and Francophone Canada, Nova Anglicans do not all speak the same language. English is, of course, the most widely spoken language and the language in which most classes are taught. Translators will be available at official functions, but good luck understanding the particular brand of English the people of Londinium speak (at least the natives). French is more widely spoken in Eboracum, though English is still the majority language.

Nova Anglicana is about 95% Christian of varying stripes, though mostly Anglican and Roman Catholic, and all religions are legal to practice, provided they don't involve animal cruelty or human sacrifice or something like that. Londinium is a cosmopolitan city, so one expect to find a synagogue, mosque, temple, or any other place of worship for a major religion, if you should find yourself in need of one.

Scouting

The Nova Anglican Football Association is looking to expand the purview of Nova Anglican soccer. They feel that a team composed purely of domestic players may not be able to make it in international football, and so are pressuring the NAFL to release some of their players to the wider world. To make up for the loss of these players, the league needs to find international players to delight and excite its fans, as well as provide an impetus to enter global club competitions. They hope to discover some new and exciting talent for Nova Anglican clubs, so players who perform well can expect to hear from the league following their stay.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Lons
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lons » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:28 am

After the match against Alinghi, in which both Priston and Tenas Inadio scored a goal, but Lons was ultimately outclassed thanks to a late goal near the end of the match, putting a 3-2 victory for Alinghi on the board, the final match for Lons in the Archregimancy was against The Channel 4 News Team. The pressure was on against this god-awful team that had only accumulated 2 points in the group so far, because losing with 4-0 or more would mean losing the ability to qualify for the round of 32 to Britonisea, the country that had a bye for the final matchday. However, nothing was to be feared (not that anyone feared exclusion), because after 10 minutes, a 2-0 score was on the board, and Lons was going to the final round almost definitely thanks to the tall Alistora, who scored a beautiful goal from a corner, and Lavardio, scoring a goal from afar, but perfectly in the open corner. In the extra time of the first half, Lavardio worked the ball over the goalline in a clutch, and Lons relaxed, seeing that Alinghi was already 1-0 behind against Notsofreeland. It was a miracle that Lons didn't score more in the second half, but thanks to Alinghi losing the match against Notsofreeland, the nation to place first in Group F, Lons qualified as the 3rd nation, and is now heading towards Ruentenbach, for a showdown with the Saint James Islands, a strong team that came second in Group E, and won their final match with 4-1 against Melthing, who had therewith lost their spot in the round of 32. Furthermore, in Nephara Alinghi will be facing Red Blackiland, the first national team of that same Group E, Novach, who came second in our group will move to Schiavonia to showdown with Lavertezzo, and finally, Notsofreeland is moved to Nova Anglicana to play Laiyenda. In Ruentenbach however, where the Locksmiths will play, the other game played will be between Czarch and Terres de Gaules. Should we win the matchup versus Saint James, who haven't lost a match yet this competition, we will meet with the winner of that match, and in the case Lons comes out victorious with that matchup, they will move to Schiavonia to partake in the quarter finals. We'll see about that later though.

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 am

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5

Great Battle and Great One-Arm Willy set out from the village and headed north this time. The two had previously traversed all of the land to the south, going through each region before coming home the last time. So it was only logical that this time they finish searching the northern parts of Timbermunich. They’ve been through the Great Timbermunich Forest in the past and know the area well, but this time they set their sights on The Heart of the Grove. The Heart of the Grove is the core of the entire Timbermunich Forest and the main reason why the northern region is called the Great Timbermunich Forest. Even though the two have been to The Heart of the Grove in the past they did not fully inspect nor understand this part of the forest. Perhaps this time they would learn more, learn why the forest has slowed so much in it’s growth outward, or even learn why the Axes they wield are the only ones capable of felling one of the great TimberOaks.

As the two left the village gates and the cheers of their safe return started to dwindle in the distance they took the pathway that lead straight north and they both knew it would not take long to reach the grove. After a bit of walking they decided to slow their pace, especially since the village was now well out of sight and they needed to plan on where and how long they would search this time. They would need to determine before arriving at The Heart of the Grove if they would cover the entire grove and with how much focus they would put on the actual grove compared to the areas just around the grove and if it would be more detailed than the other regions had been. As they continued to walk at a much slower pace they discussed the other regions and how those have been developing. First it was the Vegetal region which after the fears of the villagers in that area it was almost completely cleared of all trees. They did after all leave some trees so the cultivators would have some shade and be able to escape the blistering sun during times when they needed to be in the fields for extended periods. They both thought that it was the right thing to do to clear that region, to have them develop sustainable food sources that could be delivered to the other regions if the need ever arose. They both also agreed that Nat, current elder of Vegetalista, is doing a good job in getting the fields ready for planting and food production. They are also pleased with his cultivators and their willingness to get the proper security set up around the Great Stone. The two Greats also have made plans to return there in the near future to check on their progress and survey the Great Stone a bit more, although they have yet to make any plans for using it.

At about the halfway point of their journey to The Heart of the Grove they turn their discussion to the Poluluspen Ridge region, which is the southern most region in all of Timbermunich. The two have spent little time there but do enjoy the mountains that make up that area and have spent most of their time there visiting Scharuka the elder of Cottontimber. This region has some game for hunting that Scharuka has shown both Great Battle and Great One-Arm Willy the methods they use for tracking and taking down the game. They have also seen how the villagers there use the fallen game in everyway possible, from food to clothes and even better hunting equipment. Scharuka has always been a wonderful host and she always knows what the two Greats want when they are there. On their walk Great Battle suggests to Great One-Arm Willy that they return there and see if Scharuka would be willing to travel with them to the other regions and teach her ways of hunting to the other villages, because he feels her ways are superior to all others he has seen. Although Great One-Arm Willy is hesitant, he agrees that she does have the best methods and it would be wise to have her be the one doing the teaching if she is willing.

Nearing the end of their journey to The Heart of the Grove they turn to the Pinophytania region, a region which they have also spent little time in. They did help set up the Cold Deck which is housed in that regions northeast corner, but other than that they have only been to Pondesoto once and that was when they met with Botula after he offered his region up to hold the felled wood from Vegetal and he showed the two Greats where they Cold Deck could be set up. Both agreed that the area chosen by Botula was a very good site, as it was far enough way from Vegetal that it wouldn’t impact the fields there once cleared and that it was also easily accessed by all regions if needed. Pinophytania has the last portion of the Populuspen Mountains on its southeastern boarder, but other than that it is a relatively mild terrain set with mostly rolling hills and good even tree cover. The trees here are, so far, shorter than the other regions and of the pinus variety and they have been mostly used for heat during winter months as the villagers there have found ways to use the shed needles for insilating huts, clothing, and even uses for prolonged burning of the wood for a direct heat source. Again, the two agree they need to travel back and speak more with Botula in the future.

The two greats are nearing their search area. Will they find what they are looking for? Will we finally learn what it is the two are after? Hopefully we will find out soon.

Hardwood’s Matches
MD1: Bye
MD2: vs Yids (4-3)
MD3: vs Monkeykind (5-2)
MD4: vs The Blaatschapen (1-0)
MD5: vs West Carpathia (4-2)
MD6: Wolfenia (3-2)
MD6: vs Ayscos (2-1)
Round of 32
MD7: vs Dawnhaven
Group A Table
1 – Timbermunich – 18 pts
2 – Monkeykind –12 pts
3 – Yids – 10 pts
4 – Wolfenia – 8 pts
5 – West Carpathia – 7 pts
6 – Ayscos – 4 pts
7 – The Blaatschapen – 1 pt
Dawnhaven Lineup		|Timbermunich Lineup
A new scout |GK Great Hatchet Hank 01
same old results. |RB Great Norman 04
Send him to oppenents camp, |CB Great Battle 05*
he gets lost |CB Great Battle Axe 03
just like the other guy. |LB Great Tomahawk Tommy 06
If you want something done |RM Great Dead-Eye Darrin 07
right, |CM Great Wicked Warren 10
do |LM Great Dirty Doug 08
it |RW Great Dagger Dan 09
yourself! |CF Great One-Arm Willy 21
|LW Great Kyle Slater 17
Hosting: TWT
puppet of HopNation
don't look at me, I have no idea what's going on

Wolfenia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfenia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:26 pm

So apparently, my banner's size was off kilter, so no banner this time.

There was a sigh of relief in Wolfenia, a draw was good enough as the team now advances to the Round of 32. Now the team faces off against United Eastedge, a team which had a performance on par with the top two teams in group A, that will make this next game a close one. One thing that will help is that the Wolfenians won't be in that oven of a stadium that they have had to play in for three straight games, and now they will have successfully escaped punishment for running the last hotel.

United Eastedge
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Eastedge » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 pm

The navies will return to El Roblar to face Wolfenia in the Round of 32
El Roblar, San Jose Guayabal
The navies, Masson's team, our team, United Eastedge, or whatever you want, has shown along the group stage, how strong, solid, and convincing they are. The resut, finish the said stage in first place of their group with 14 points and second place of the 56 teams that entered to the 56th edition of the Baptism of Fire. This and many things more, motivates the Eastedgeans to continue jumping obstacles on the path of the championship, in this case, Wolfenia. A team that scarcely advanced to the Round of 32, concluding the group stage in fourth place of the Group A with 2 victories, 2 draws, and 2 defeats. Being, apparently, an easy or no-that-much-difficult team to defeat, but definitely, they should not confide anyways if they want to stay a bit more in San Jose Guayabal.

As you may know, the match between United Eastedge and Wolfenia will be performed at the Estadio Luis Barbosa, in El Roblar. Stadium, in which United Eastedge obtained 10 points of the 14 they get. There are many factors to count if we want to predict the reslt of this match; among them, the weather. Masson's team have already played in this stadium as you know, but to be forthright, they have not played in the best level thanks to the extreme cold temperatures. In the other hand we have the team of Wolfenia, a team is tired of the extreme warm/hot temperatures after three intense matches at the hot/warm Estadio Tierra de Fuego. Other functional considered factors are the motivation of the players, their skill, their previous results, inter alia.

The Eastedgean Embassy in San Jose Guayabal, announced the arrival of about 90,000 Eastedgeans to El Roblar solely to support their team on their match of Round of 32. The last time this team played in the said city, there were about 60,000 people willing to spend their money in the navies. If our team advances to the next stage, is expected that this number will increase at least 20%, being on of the best fans in the competition, in a manner of speaking. According to announcements by the organizing committeee, 75% of the tickets for the match between United Eastedge and Wolfenia were sold to Eastedgean persons, the 15% to Wolfenians, and the 10% to Guayabalenses.

In general terms, United Eastedge seems to be the stronger team in omorrow's night meeting with Wolfenia. The head coach of the team, Marcos Masson, has convened the first eleven for the encounter. Walter Sandoval, Caleb Green Joseph Walton, Corey Peters, Wesley Hammond, Jonathan Bennet, Benjamin Holloway, Daryl Agnew, Chris Dixon, Wilson Ramirez, and Brian Ward are the ones that will jump to the field to defend the beatiful and feature navy shirt in a battle for a passport or ticket to the next stage, the Round of 16. Thereafter, every single match will be a battle of nerves in which the one that will survive, will be the one that trust more in themselves instead of just the one that shows the best level of football....

There are many possible thing to speak about in the Baptism of Fire. Among them, all the different encounters or meetings of the Round of 32; only 32 teams are alive, looking for a space between the best 16 teams of the competition. As you may know, the best team in the group stage was Timbermunich, a team that qualified to the best-32-teams-round perfectly, winning their 6 matches and obviously achieving 18 points. Four points more than the second place of the 56 teams, United Eastedge. We definitely need to follow every single match of the said team, because the navies can face them in the future; to be specific, in the semi finals....
Baptism of Random: Chapter 3

Eastie: "Hey my friends, say hello to my new mate, Wolfenia."
Azrea: "What a pity for him. Oh, hello."
Absurdly: "Don't be like that. Welcome, Wolfenia."
Dawnie: "Hey, you're fourth as well!"
Wolfenia: "Thanks for welcoming me. Hope to stay a bit more here."
Azrea: "Do not count on it."
Wolfenia: "Why? I'm that bad?"
Eastie: "Do not scare him yet."
Absurdly: "Where do you will play at?"
Wolfenia: "In El Roblar."
Dawnie: "Do not mention that city, please. It's my nightmare."
Eastie: "He's kind of sensible, don't worry."
Absurdly: "Well, that unnameable word would be our nightmare as well if we were like Dawnie."
Azrea: "That's right."
Eastie: "So... Who do you will face, guys?"
Dawnie: "I didn't bring him like you, but I'll face Timbermunich."
Azrea: "I'll face the Planet of the Apes, Monkeykind."
Absurdly: "Hm... Yids? That's all."
Wolfenia: "Good-bye, Dawnie. Nice to meet you!"
Dawnie: "What the hell are you talking about?"
Azrea: "In fact, good-bye to you."
Absurdly: "Yids?"
Wolfenia: "Timbermunich will punch you in the face over and over again."
Eastie: "Alright, if you want to talk about who will defeat whom, bring it!"
Absurdly: "How the hell does Yids play?"
Azrea: "Be quiet please, Absurdly."
Dawnie: "Let's talk, then!"
Azrea: "Alright, Wolfenia. You'll be like... ashamed. So much... You won't get out from your house anymore."
Absurdly: "Could somebody tell me something about Yids."
Eastie: "I'll be frozen there..."
Wolfenia: "He's really scaring me."
Azrea: "He won't stop."
Eastie: "I didn't punch you in the face, Azrea."
Azrea: "Tell that to Westie."
Absurdly: "And to me."
Dawnie: "And... St Iago."
Wolfenia: "I'll destroy everybody here if you continue!"
Eastie: "Wolfenia got mad! He has a gun!"
Azrea: "Run!"
Absurdly: "I don't care if I'm not a gentleman anymore... Move now and let me pass through!"
Dawnie: "What a gentleman."
Wolfenia: "Who will defeat whom now?!"
Eastie: "You'll defeat everybody... Everybody!"
Azrea: "You are a.."
Dawnie: "Quiet!"
Absurdly: "Haha.. I leave them back. I'm alive!"
Wolfenia: "Not for long, gentleman."
Absurdly: "I'm a absurdly polite gentleman, what do you guys expected?!"
Westie: "Hey, Mehdie, St Iago. Look there!"
Mehdie: "Is.. Eastie?"
St Iago: "That mad dude want to kill him."
Eastie: "Hey, Westie! Help!"
Westie: "Go inside, inside, inside."
St Iago: "You won't help him right?"
Westie: "Nope"
Wolfenia: "Got you, Eastie"
To be continued...
Last edited by United Eastedge on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnaticka
Lobbyist

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fnaticka » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Author's Note:
It has been a while since I wrote like this on NS. Back when I was at my writing prime, as Yesopalitha primarily, I was known for my dialogue style with vivid personifications and whatnot. I plan to take a more novel approach this time. Any and all feedback is appreciated from anyone, and I hope you enjoy the RPs to come from this account as much as I plan to have writing them.

As the jetliner approached the tarmac, Marissili Acknar Me-Assou shivered. Fnaticka wasn't a paradise by any sense of the word weather-wise, and every time he approached the capital city of Moj Kandor, he was reminded of it.

That wasn't the only reason he was shivering, though. After the disastrous performance by his squad in the Baptism of Fire, there was sure to be negative fallback from the press or worse, the government. The safety of his family was in question, not to mention his own life, and he would have to warn his wife and daughter to be extra careful.

Waving his charges good-bye, Marissili went to his sedan, and turned on the radio.

"The latest article from the notorious cybercriminal Had'hi Lan'er has the Command in an uproar, as it is impossible to even trace where the criminal is or how to stop his viewers from tuning in the future. The Command has stated that all efforts are being made to bring Lan'er to justice, but that it may be a while before his whereabouts are located and a raid can be put into place."

Marissili smiled, and turned his radio to another frequency, one that as entirely random. There was the recorded message from a few days ago:

"1.22.133.24.34, or what it may be whenever you turn in," stated a robotic voice.

Marissili turned on his laptop, and booted up the internet.

There it was. the next installment...
Formerly User Behind the Country of Yesopalitha

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:02 am

If anyone is wondering where the scores scheduled from SJG are (and I know you are, because I've read the World Cup Discussion Thread) - we have decided to move the schedule back 24 hours. This also means that my schedule will now be the same as SJG's.

Date05/0706/0707/0708/0709/0710/0711/0712/0713/0714/0715/07
EventRest dayRound of 32RestRound of 16RestQuarter-FinalsRestSemi-Finals3rd Place PlayoffFinalAll-Star Game
Last edited by Schiavonia on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vunishia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vunishia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Vunishian Goals

Nigel Taylor 24
Fox Smith 64
Phineas Martin 90+1

---

"Welcome to Sporting views, with me Andrew Cole. Tonight I'm joined by Andy Clark, who has been flown home following an allergy to the performance enhancer 'RPDs', which is so prevalent in international sport that it's use isn't just expected, but actively encouraged, to talk about Vunishia's performance in the world cup in general."

Andrew Cole turns to face his guest, Andy Clark. "Andy, thanks for coming on the show. You, of course, started the tournament in a mid-field position. For the many of us who haven't got the foggiest about how this 'association football' business works, what does that mean, exactly?"

"Glad to be hear, Andrew. Broadly speaking, the midfield are the the players who mainly play in the middle of the pitch, helping both the attack and defence, and try and control the space that isn't in either team's territory. I... Think."

"...You think? You played in a midfield position, and you're unsure what the midfield even does?"

"Well, I transitioned from a very different form of football, like most others on the team, the strategic details needed to take a backseat to simply figuring out what we are and aren't allowed to do with the ball, and drilling that in to us so we didn't accidentally break any of those rules if instinct took over. I think we've played very well, considering the difficulty a lot of us had transitioning."

"I have to admit you boys have done a lot better than I could ever have imagined. But... You're not the only casualty Vunishia has suffered, are you? Shortly before you left Schiavonia, Nolan Moore deteriorated in health to the point he had to retire as manager. Who's the backup manager?"

"...We don't actually have one, and none of our coaching staff were willing to take the mantle on."

"So... what happens to Vunishia now? We clearly haven't withdrawn, we played against Gregoryisgodistan Special Administration Zone. And won."

"Yes, the rest of our players - before I left - had come up with a solution. Namely, that Sherman Lee should manage the squad in the absence of an actual manager."

"Sherman Lee? The 17 year old kid who's your third goalie? Does he have any real experience?"

"He was invaluable in teaching the game to a lot of us, and while a not very good athlete who, to paraphrase himself, should only actually wind up on the pitch if neither of the other goal keepers could physically stand, he does seem to understand the game better than any of the coaching staff... Actually, he helped Nolan a lot, both in training and out in Schiavonia, even securing the team an RPD supply, something no-one else thought to do. He's young, yes, but I think he's capable."

"Ah, yes. The RPDs. Aren't they why you wound up back here rather than out there?"

"While it's true I have an allergic reaction to them, it's apparently incredibly rare. And they're the only conceivable explanation for how well we've been doing in this tournament."

"The studies that were done in Vunishia, when the orienteers started using them, was that they didn't merely not work, but that they were actually less effective than sugar pills. Are they really that effective in international association football?"

"It sure seems that way, we've won most of our games, after all. For some reason they seem to only work in international sport, though, which is pretty odd if you ask me."

"And me, but I guess neither of us are doctors, so maybe we should leave that to the experts. The match against Gregoryisgodistan Special Administration Zone. Any idea why Sherman would have played Nigel Taylor, who usually plays in the back, up front?"

"I think it's to give the Nigel and his brother, Hy, an opportunity to work through some family issues, which seems to be impacting Nigel's game on the field. We were already safely through at the start of the match. I'll be interested to see if he does the same thing against Jecatria at the start of the knock-out stage."

"It seems to have worked, Nigel got a goal, and something my researchers are calling an 'assist' for Fox Smith."

"That means that he passed the ball to Fox allowing Fox to score. I'm not so sure - There are a fair few times when Hy was in a better position to shoot than Nigel, or looked that way to me on the plane back at any rate, but instead of crossing the ball--"

"Sorry to interrupt you there, could you explain what crossing the ball means in plain English?"

"Of course, it's the assist concept you were just mentioning, handing the ball over to another player who can then potentially score from it, different from a simple pass... In a way I never quite grokked no matter how many times Sherman explained it to me, sorry."

"Thanks. Please continue."

"Instead of crossing the ball to Hy, Nigel took the shot himself. While not all of them would have scored, when I was watching we could have easily been 5, maybe 6, nil up if Nigel had have done more crossing."

"Is that just because he was playing out of position, though?"

"I don't think so - He clearly understands not to hog the ball to himself, he was willing to cross to Fox, just not to his brother... Honestly? I think Nigel's jealous of Hy."

"Thanks for that, Andy. I hope to speak more to you about this game further into the tournament, assuming we can last for long now that as soon as we lose a game we're out." Andrew Cole turns to face the camera again, camera angle selected so that a graphic could be displayed next to him. "We're hearing rumour that what you see on your screen now will be the starting lineup for Vunishia against Jecatria." He paused, as the following information appeared on the screen besides himself:

1 GK - Karston Jackson
2 DC - Sheadon Huges
3 DC - Zebediah Green
4 DC - Nigel Taylor
5 LMF - Shaw Robinson
15 CMF - Phineas Martin
7 CMF - Fox Smith
8 CMF - Fairly Evans
9 RMF - Eliah James
17 FC - Cleavon Huges
11 FC - Ford Wood

"Join us after the break for a discussion with the culture secretary, Pauline Nikota, about if we should leave our current region and join a more sporting focused one. Which seems awfully hypothetical to me. I mean, it's not like we can just push a button and geographically relocate our entire country, surely?"

The Fallenmark Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Fallenmark Islands » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:38 pm

"I don't know, man," said Alexsandr van Sorensen warily to his assistant, Dietar Eygenroy, "I don't trust him any further than I can see him."

They were sitting together in the airport lounge at Gregoryisgodistan, ready to swap one auxiliary host nation for another whilst their plan to Nephara, former New Sideburn, refuelled outside on the tarmac. Seated around them were their players, their support staff, and the most recent addition to their group, a man by the name of Agent Henk. Supposedly he was there to provide liaison services on the behalf of the Fallenmark government, but Alexsandr was never one to ignore the signals he was being given by his synaesthesia, and everything about this particular character was setting off great big flame jets of wariness down the corners of his vision, the nerves in his neck, and the tastebuds along the back of his tongue. He didn't like him.

"In fact," he continued, "I don't even trust whilst I can see him, let alone when I can't. Look at him, with that bloody notebook of him."

Henk was looking around the waiting lounge across the tops of the heads of the waiting players, many of whom where trying to get some rest or watch things quietly to themselves on their smartphones or tablets. With a twisted smirk, he appeared to count the number of them who were on their technological devices, and then made a note of it. His hair was too long for him, like a mohican that had never gotten as far as being stuck up in the middle after being shaved at the sides, and it flopped about in front and at the back.

"All he's doing it taking notes, Alexsandr," said Dietar, attempting to be the voice of reason.

"Yes, but why? We're not doing anything shifty. We're only here because their government said we could enter, in fact."

"Who said it was to make sure that we're not doing anything shifty? It could just be that they realised, halfway through the group stage, that they had nobody actually working for the government accompanying the first ever Fallenmark football team. Me, you, players, coaching staff, medics, drivers... all paid by the FFA. Nobody for the government. This is a pretty big deal for them, remember how it was for your Baptism? Iremember mine."

"Yeah, but even so. I didn't like the way he'd watched that match."

Alexsandr had kept half an eye on the notebook antics of Henk during the last group stage match. Notes had been made continually. When players got up to warm up, what the fans were singing, who played well, who scored. The most amount of notetaking, ominously, came when the Herons had conceded. Alexsandr was merely speculating on the kind of thing being written down by the guy, but he'd learned to trust his synaesthesia. It had never been wrong yet.

"Well, have you considered the possibility that it's about us?" said Alexsandr, his field of vision flashing vivid orange everytime he cast a glance over at the agent.

"Didn't you just say that we're here because the governm-..."

"No no, not 'the team' us, you and I us. Foreigners. Perhaps they don't trust us."

"Why wouldn't the Fallenmark government trust us?" asked Dietar, confused.

"I don-..." started Alexsandr, pausing nervously when Henk looked over at them, before continuing in a huskier whisper, "I don't know. I just don't think this whole Valhallan Union is as easily maintained as people are making out. Think about it. The Fallenmark Islands were communist dictatorship not so long ago, and old habits die hard. The same kind of people end up in charge in the next regime because they know where everything is kept, so to speak, and you're left with a bunch of paranoids in charge of foreign policy. It's not so farfetched."

"Can tell you did a degree, mate..." said Dietar, rolling his eyes, "Which bit is this? Critical thinking?"

"I'm being serious!" exclaimed Alexsandr, "Did you see the way he hovered around us whilst we were watching Czarch overtake us again? He was very interesting in the reactions of the different nationalities in the group to being beaten by another nation. Especially those with Cairnskillen ties. I think there are some people in the Fallenmark government who aren't happy about that independence vote still."

"Found a publisher yet?" joked Eygenroy.

"A publisher?"

"For this political thriller you're writing!" he laughed.

"Oh, very funny," said Alexsandr, giving his assistant a shove in the shoulder, "I'm just saying, is all. My synaesthesia knows when something's up. And something is most certainly up."

The team was brought to sudden alertness as an announcement came over the tannoy, bringing their attention to the fact that their plane's fuel had only just arrived from the depot, and they would miss their take-off slot as a result of all the time they'd waited. The players that were awake groaned and shuffled back into their seats. A few got up to make themselves a coffee at the complimentary machines. Meanwhile, Henk looked around with interest an made notes on everything that was going on, who was reacting in what way, getting it all down in his little black notebook. Alexsandr narrowed his eyes as he studied the agent from across the lounge, his weasel-y little features contorting in a variety of ways as he wrote down the information, none of which shone any light on his cold, hungry, sunken eyes.

"Relax, Sandr," said Dietar calmly, getting up to make a coffee, "I'm sure it'll be fine. Anyway, their sending the Sports Minister to meet us in Nephara before the next matches. And if we make the semi-finals, I hear the president will be coming over. So, he could just be making sure we're not nutcases. A security detail. I'm sure that's all this is. Want anything?"

Alexsandr puffed his cheeks out and checked his watch. Perhaps Dietar was right. "Aye," he said, "bring me back a coffee, with you? Black. Large. And strong. Then, when you get back we'll go over this file on The Justinia Islands again."

Dietar nodded and turned away towards the machines, whilst Alexsandr got out the scouting report and flicked through the pages by their already dog-eared corners to study the points of interest again. He got his phone out to watch highlights of their matches thus far, and waited for Dieatr to return. Might as well fill the delay on the ground with some constructive study, right?

All the same, the whole time he was looking through the dossier, his eyes flickered into orange hues from time to time, and he smelt ginger and liquorice. He just couldn't shake the feeling that he was being studied himself, by a pair of cold, sunken eyes from across the lounge.
The Commonwealth of The Fallenmark Islands - Pop. 9,400,000
Capital: Marylebone - Demonym: Valhallan (Fallenmark) - Trigramme: TFI
“From the Earth, Prosperity” - A constituent member of The Valhallan Union
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Komsomol Gazeta.

Sakhalin won against Dobbsland 1-0, Cata Larga's next rival.

Yuri Kozlov
Follow in Pajarraco as: @PedroC354
January 5th, 2047. 8:00 P.M.

We can definitely say that Sakhalin has stopped making mediocre performances we were already accustomed and many wanted the players to withdraw and bring them again to no longer play football ever in their life, now it came as a surprise and our national team won the game this day against Dobbsland fortunately we qualified to the Round of 32, and we will face the national team before Cata long, who has done descente performance throughout the tournament.

As for the strategy in the game, the coach of the national team decided to keep the classic 5-4-1, in order to defend themselves and look for a counterattack to settle the opponent, that while this in last place of the standings, it was a pretty offensive squad and like to attack so strong but tends to fail at key moments, as in the last 10 minutes of the game has seen 3 goals against in the tournament, indicating that loose in the end.

As for the atmosphere of the fans who made the trip to Gregoryisgodistan including I traveled about 2,500 fans of SJG in support of Sakhalin in addition to the nearly 6,200 fans of Sakhalin which went to support nuesros players, this being a great party love and sympathy to the team, which has been showing excellent performance in last dates, unless a humiliating 4-0 defeat against Fallenmark Islands which is ultimately better than our team planted.

Returning to the subject of fans, had a small mishap on the border of SJG and Gregoryisgodistan, because they were confused as military SJG, but ultimately did not have much problem to cross the border and reach the seat stadium in the capital of Gregoryisgodistan where put a real fieta with chants and drums, in addition to the fireworks, flares and the inevitable vodka of our celebrations.

Since the actions of the party, Novikov began giving passes to the defense of our team, looking upset and impatient as ever the opponent and then attack with cntragolpe and be able to settle in what is probably the first and last opportunity of the meeting, as Sakhalin tends to make an extremely defensive game, when you have the ability and potential to attack the opponent's best. Fifteen minutes into the game, Mariinsky Romanov gave a pass to move very fast counterattack and then dribbled several players Dobbsland defense, including goalkeeper but Romanov was not as lucky with characteristic sent the ball to land outside the game.

We came to the middle of the first half and our team showed a very efficient game but with a clear opportunity discarded into the dustbin because of the misfortune of Romanov, ball possession was tilted in favor of Sakhalin by 60% while Dobbsland only had 40% of possession, very low by the standards of that team that usually known as play against their rivals and tends to falter at the last moment. Sakhalin had only had a chance to kick at goal, while Dobbsland no, a signal indicating that the game was hard-fought and very conservative at a time.

Already in thirty-nine minutes, a player of Dobbsland took the ball, ran to the corner area and it bounced Golubev, the referee claimed foul against Golubev Sakhalin and reprimand he received for it. The move against Sakhalin could not thrive because of a good intervention Medvedev, who turned the ball and gave rise to a backlash in which Dennisov took possession of the ball and made ​​a very loose shot happened well above the goal of rival, after this action, no nothing relevant happened and the party came to the first half with a draw 0 goal, being very cold for a party qua had been very interesting.

At halftime talk coach our team opted to replace Romanov, taking his place Artyom Kokorin, experienced but not so influential attacker who plays for Sakhalin Energiya, Kozlov also the coach did not make the team more substitution.

In the second half will not be shown except a backlash from Kokorin, who literally took over the ball and ran as he had never done in his life, and then finish strong and powerful way to goalkeeper Dobbsland, whom he defeated and placed the final 1-0 in favor of our team 56 minutes into the game.

After eighty minutes of action, which is mainly embroiled in shares of ball handling or shooting deflected on goal having reached Sakhalin showed better possession and more effective, although Kokorin failed a PK the minute 90, Sakhalin won and is now in the Round of 32, where he will face Cata Larga.
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is a dominion (puppet) of San Jose Guayabal

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Schiavonia and (new) friends cutoff time for the Round of 32. It's the start of the knockout section!

BAPTISM OF FIRE ROUND OF 32 - SCHIAVONIA, NEPHARA, NOVA ANGLICANA & RUENTENBACH
Red Blackiland 1–0 Alinghi Federal-Demcratic Republic
The Fallenmark Islands 3–2 The Jasminia Islands
Notsofreeland 0–1 Laiyenda
Cata Larga 2–1 Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod
Czarch 1–1 Terre Des Gaules (2–1 AET)
The Saint James Islands 0–0 Lons (0–1 AET)
Vunishia 3–2 Jecatria
Novach 3–0 Lavertezzo

ROUND OF 32 DRAW in SCHIAVONIA, NEPHARA, NOVA ANGLICANA & RUENTENBACH

In Nephara
Red Blackiland --------------------|
1-0 |Red Blackiland --------|
Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic| |
|-----------------------
The Fallenmark Islands ------------| |
3-2 |The Fallenmark Islands |
The Jasminia Islands --------------|

In Nova Anglicana
Notsofreeland ---------------------|
0-1 |Laiyenda --------------|
Laiyenda --------------------------| |
|-----------------------
Cata Larga ------------------------| |
2-1 |Cata Larga ------------|
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod -----------|

In Ruentenbach
Czarch ----------------------------|
1-1 (2-1 AET) |Czarch ----------------|
Terre Des Gaules ------------------| |
|-----------------------
The Saint James Islands -----------| |
0-0 (0-1 AET) |Lons ------------------|
Lons ------------------------------|

In Schiavonia
Vunishia --------------------------|
3-2 |Vunishia --------------|
Jecatria --------------------------| |
|-----------------------
Novach ----------------------------| |
3-0 |Novach ----------------|
Lavertezzo ------------------------|
Last edited by Schiavonia on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Image sports
| tsji | | politics | | region | | world | | sports | | culture | | science | | travel | | weird world |
a century of excellence | 6 july 2014

les oiseaux face uphill battle as knockout stage commences
saint james islanders will find it difficult to get past the round of 16, if they make it at all
The "Polandball" cartoon that went viral after Les Oiseaux's knockout berth was secured.

New Kingsbury, Schiavonia – With a Les Oiseaux victory over Melthing, the Saint James Islanders can proudly proclaim that they are undefeated. They've ended the hopes and dreams of three teams over the course of the group stage, despite the fact that their own advancement was in question early on. Now comes sudden death. The knockout stage. But will the Blue and Green be able to withstand the heat?

two victories to close out
the saint james islands 1-0 casagrande.............
.....mikaere raia - 54'................................
After a disappointing start, Les Oiseaux pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in the Baptism so far by securing four consecutive victories, starting by defeating powerhouse Forza d'Azzuro of Lavertezzo and continuing with the elimination of Subspace Embassy. Casagrande also proved to be no match for the Saint James Islanders, falling 1-0 to the Blue and Green.

The Casagrande team proved to be of little trouble to the Islanders, though it was the Islanders' own mistakes that kept the margin of victory small. Mikaere Raia's goal in the 54th minute proved to be the only positive from the match, as Louis-Pierre Matignon's red card in the 42nd minute left the Islanders at a disadvantage early. To make matters worse, Marvin Sessions was sent off after racking up two yellow cards in the 15th and 72nd minutes, leaving the Islanders two men down against a full team from Casagrande. In compensation, Jean-Baptiste Archambault brought off Raia and George Kostas to place two defenders in the back, hoping to defend Les Oiseaux's lead. After three minutes of injury time in the second half, during which Casagrande nearly broke through and scored, Archambault's strategy worked, knocking Casagrande out of the running for the silverware.

...............melthing 1–4 the saint james islands
flaithri herodion - 24' neama iokua - 45'+1....
................................mikaere raia - 52', 82'
................................mani de la cruz - 61'..
The game against Melthing was the game to worry about, though. With Matignon and Sessions suspended and George Kostas out on a twisted ankle, the team had to get creative. Sending William Parnell in for Matignon, Jimmy Kendal for Sessions and Neama Iokua for Kostas was a risky manoeuvre for Archambault and the Islanders, and it showed in the first half. The three forwards looked as if they were in shambles, allowing Melthing to dominate possession for the first forty-five. However, their only goal from their dominance came from a 24th penalty given to Flaithri Herodion for a tackle by Thomas Castille. Nevertheless, the first half ended on a positive note for Les Oiseaux, when Neama was able to receive a pass from an embattled Mani and convert it into a goal against Douglass Ioakeim in the first minute of injury time.

The second half proved much better for the Saint James Islanders, starting with a goal by black-horse star Mikaere Raia in the 52nd minute. As the Melthing defence crumbled under the weight of the Les Oiseaux offence, as the three forwards were able to take advantage of the holes Melthing left behind. Despite Mani being cautioned for a tackle on Veasna Collin in the 56th minute, Les Oiseaux were able to quickly regain possession and capture another goal by the foot of "Silent but Deadly" Mani in the 61st minute. Melthing were able to rally long enough to regain possession and put Les Oiseaux on defence, but the "Keeper from Hell" Gulyèlmo Dessantos was able to stop a second attempt by Herodion in the 75th minute to keep Les Oiseaux two goals up. As things could fail to look worse for Melthing, who looked to be on their way out as Laiyenda pummelled Subspace Embassy, Raia was able to add insult to injury in the 82nd minute with a final goal against Melthing, securing a three goal victory for the Saint James Islands and showing Melthing the door.

so where does that leave us?
Second place in the group. With Laiyenda securing a 4-0 victory over Subspace Embassy, a modest Les Oiseaux victory, let alone a 4-1 thrashing, was enough to send Melthing out on goal difference. Meanwhile, Lavertezzo secure third in the group on a secure 10 points, four behind the next two teams: Red Blackiland and the Saint James Islands. The Red and Black's impressive final two wins leave them, like Les Oiseaux, undefeated in the group stage on a 4-2-0 record, narrowly clinching first on goal difference.

Second place pits the Saint James Islands against Lons, who enter the knockout stage with a record similar to Lavertezzo, just with many fewer goals. If Les Oiseaux can manage a win over Lons, they will move on to face the winner of Czarch v Terre des Gaules, which appears to be a walkover for the impressive Czarch over the struggling Gaules. This would mean that Les Oiseaux would have to face a similarly undefeated team if they wish to have a berth in the quarter-finals, something that will not be easy to come by. Nevertheless, their record looks more like Les Oiseaux's or Red Blackiland's than that of Timbermunich, who swept Group A with six wins, zero draws and zero losses. Getting to the quarter-finals will not be impossible, but it will be something to celebrate if it comes.
for your reading pleasure
  • Mail under fire for accusing PM of sports ticket graft
  • Kalumba: "Search for Di Mercurio, De Rosas will continue"
  • Mariascola Regatta under fire for child labour allegations
  • Former Les Oiseaux keeper Patrick Callaghan "interested" in presidency in 2016
comments
the submissions box is open. sign in or register to leave a comment!
showing 1-5 of 167 reload
Annalise Arnold 28▲ 45▼
The good old UCN, fearmongering as always...

UnitedPhillyForLife 53▲ 4▼
Let's not let a little tough competition get us down. We made it through the group stage, after all. Let's go, Les Oiseaux!

Ernesto Santana 14▲ 2▼
Round of 32 will be easy. Round of 16 is to worry about.

christiana97 -▲ -▼
this comment has been removed by our moderation team for violating our house rules

Soren Masterson 41▲ 1▼
Let's go, Les Oiseaux! Don't let the UCN get you down!
Last edited by The Saint James Islands on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:59 pm

"What's this post?"

"What do you mean, what's this post?"

"This. Here. What does it say?"

"Nothing really, Jenny. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"We put the results two posts after the cutoff."

"Kenny, are you managing this co-hosting committee business alright?"

"I think I might need a break..."

This double post was brought to you by Vist Schiavonia - Sunshine for miles!
Last edited by Schiavonia on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Will your nation start the flight to the promising spots of NS Sports? this will be known in the Round of 32 of San José Guayabal region Cut-off!, sponsored by Martinssen Home-made Lutefisk, wow so delicious and smelly Lutefisk!

Cut-off song.

San José Guayabal Round of 32 Results

Timbermunich 1–0 Dawnhaven (19:30) @ At The 56 Stadium, Ramírez.

Monkeykind 1–4 Azrea (22:15)@ At Estadio Oscar Alberto Quiteño, Santa Ana.

Absurdly Polite Gentleman 1–0 Yids (17:30) @ Estadio Monumental Loma Chata, Loma Chata.

United Eastedge 1–0 Wolfenia (20:00) @ Estadio Luis Barbosa, El Roblar.

Vanersholm 1–2 Semarland (23:00) @ Estadio Nacional Barrio El Niño, Meléndez.

ORCA Bay 2–2 Mamaroneck (3–2 AET) (20:45) @ Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador.

Raussland 5–2 Angelastan (0:00) @ Estadio Tierra de Fuego, Yucuaiquín.

Venalzio 4–2 Valdiviola (15:30) @ Sakhalinsk Stadion, Sakhalin.

Round of 16 Fixtures.

(18:30) R32A vs R32H   Timbermunich vs Venalzio  @ Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador.

(21:00) R32B vs R32G Azrea vs Raussland @ Sakhalinsk Stadion, Sakhalin.

(22:00) R32C vs R32F Absurdly Polite Gentleman vs ORCA Bay @ Estadio Luis Barbosa, El Roblar.

(22:30) R32D vs R32E United Eastedge vs Semarland @ At Estadio Oscar Alberto Quiteño, Santa Ana.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Czarch
Secretary

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Czarch » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:04 pm

OFFICAL CZARCH REPORT

Czarch survives Terre Des Gaules 2-1

For the fans watching in Mannendorf, Rüntenbach, not only did the first game of the day (Lons 1-0 win over The Saint James Islands) go into extra time, the Czarch-Terre Des Gaules game did as well. For 120 minutes the two teams battled to the final whistle, and Czarch managed to emerge 2-1 to advance to the Schiavonian quarterfinals. After the earlier thriller, the crowd was abuzz as this match kicked off. The two sides spent most of the first half trading possessions like a hot potato until TDG's Felix Gerault managed to slide past INT Charles and nip home the first goal of the match in the 43rd minute.

The second half saw Czarch press forward looking to tie the match, but finding little success until WCB Issac, subbed in for a poorly performing WCB Craig in the 68th minute; found WCA2 Xavier deep in the TDG box leading to the tying goal in the 81st minute. As time ticked closer to the 90th minute, both teams had opportunities to score, but nothing materialized as the full time whistle blew. Our team started heading back towards the locker room, before being told by the Baptism of Fire officals of the need for extra time and penalties to determine a winner.

After the slightly embarrassing moment of our team not knowing of the knockout stage rules, extra time kicked off and right away, TDG sent two shots quickly at INT Keith trying to take the lead. But after making two brilliant saves to preserve the 1-1 tie, Czarch sent a counterattack forward and almost took the lead on a header from WCA2 Xavier. As the first 15 minutes of extra time neared its end, WCA2 Heather tipped home a pass from WCA1 Austin to make it 2-1 Czarch. For the final 15 minutes, TDG tried everything short of using their keeper as an attacker, but it was to no avail, as Czarch held on for the win. As mentioned earlier, Czarch will face Lons in the quarterfinals with the winner moving on to Schiavonia itself for the final four.
Last edited by Czarch on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:16 pm

The match of Red Blackiland x Fallenmark Islands reserve a interesting duel but isn't in the field , is in the seats.
What Ultras Group will chant and support more your team?

Red Blackiland:Red and Black Infamous Ultras

Fallenmark Islands:The Shelfside - Home of The Blue Unit

Will we see in Nephara
See you soon!
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Laiyenda
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Laiyenda » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:19 pm

The moment the clock struck 90:00 and the Laiyendan team stormed the field the fans stormed the field back at home. At the home stadium of Maide FC, the seats were almost sold out as thousands of fans gathered to watch the game on the big screen. The fans were just as caught up as the players in Nova Anglicana!
The team now gets set to face Cata Larga and all the fans from tonight's game have already reserved seats for the next. Cata Larga will be a tougher opponent though, and the fans know this.

"We can't be there in person, but we hope the fan atmosphere here sends some positive energy to the team," said one fan.

"I will always support our national team, win or lose, but winning is always better, and I hope this coming game gives the same result!" said another.

Back in Nova Anglicana Darius Barnes had a few words to say,

"I'm glad we won this one, but the further we advance the harder the teams get and that means more shots I have to block!"

Dante Durant was next to the mic.

"Tough win, but we're now in the top 16 rookie football programs in the world, so it is time to start freaking out."

Once again, all we can say is good luck team...we'll be cheering for you here in Maide, and across the country.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports