NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 24 [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed May 21, 2014 7:52 pm

OOC: The request about the date change is entirely IC, and I do not expect the hosts to change the date of the final, even if it is my birthday IRL.

From the Desk of Lord Almighty Gregory

Dear World Cup of Hockey Organizing Committee,

It has come to my attention that Game 1 of the World Cup of Hockey Finals is to be played on June 17. However, June 17 is a national holiday in Gregoryisgodistan known as Lord Almighty Gregory's Birthday, for it is indeed my birthday. Our players will need to observe this holiday by living gifts for me outside their homes to be picked up and transported to my mansion. As the players will be in The Royal Barangay at the time, obviously some accommodations must be made. Their attendant slaves will pick up the presents outside their hotel rooms. While it is not in violation of Gregoryisgodistani law to work on Lord Almighty Gregory's Birthday, it is considered a day of great celebration, second only to Gregoryisgodistan Day in July, and the players should be having a party with their families, not playing hockey.

Therefore, in the event that Gregoryisgodistan qualifies for the final or third place game, which we most certainly will because our team of brave and noble enemy crushers will crush our opponents both literally and figuratively, I strongly urge you to consider moving the final series back a day, having it start on June 18. This will allow our players to celebrate this glorious holiday with their families. It will also allow them to stay up late the night before wrapping their gifts without having to worry about being tired for the game the next day.

Furthermore, if you fail to comply with our request, I may be forced to send the enemy crushers to assassinate the President of The Royal Barangay. They will crush all of his guards, then crush the president himself. Then you will have no president. Furthermore, our enemy crushers will crush every citizen of The Royal Barangay that they see if you refuse our demands. To clarify, this is a request, not a demand, but if you do not meet it, there will be severe consequences. We may also add you to our enemy list.

Finally, I would strongly advise you against taking legal action against any of our enemy crushers should they choose to exercise their duty and crush opponents during this tournament. It has not ended well for any nation who has tried. Most have wound up on our enemy list and some have even seen solar-powered bombs dropped on their nation. These solar-powered bombs have the strength of atom bombs (OOC: no they don't) and we have several thousand of them (OOC: yes we do, but they're mostly harmless when dropped from 20,000 feet.) Therefore, we have the capability to destroy your entire country should you arrest, charge, and/or execute our enemy crushers. Furthermore, we have numerous other enemy crushers who will join the team instead and also crush every police officer in your country should the need arise. They will also break into prison, crush the guards, and free the other enemy crushers. We will also use military to assist in the raid, but crushing is fun so the enemy crushers will do it. Please, do not under any circumstances arrest an enemy crusher. They are just doing their jobs. You wouldn't like it if I arrested you for doing your job just because it violated some stupid law in this country. Therefore, do not arrest the enemy crushers for doing their jobs or we will arrest the officers and all Royal Barangay officials for doing theirs. We will send police officers and military to your country and arrest them, then bring them back to Gregoryisgodistan and execute them. You do not want to be executed Gregoryisgodistani style. You will be slowly sliced, then beheaded while still alive. It is not fun. Offenders howl out in pain and beg for death to come quickly as the blood gushes out. Some even try to bribe the executioner to move more quickly. It never works.

In summary, do not arrest the enemy crushers. Also, if we make the final or third place game, change the date so it is not on Lord Almighty Gregory's Birthday. However, the first request is more important. Our enemy crushers are true heroes, and if anything happens to them, your country will be destroyed bit by glorious bit.

Sincerely,

Lord Almighty Gregory
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Fri May 23, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 pm

The Kytlerian Knockouts - World Cup of Hockey XXIV

The debuting Kytlerians are ready to - maybe, just maybe - provide a massive shock. The biggest association this country had with the sport in the past is that the stadium that held the largest known crowd in the multiverse for an international game - the Stade Grande Olympique that held the ceremonies and men's hockey final at the Neverend Winter Olympics - was designed by the Kytlerian architects Bright New World (now part of BNW Varin).

Here are the names you may or may not get to know as the latest Kytlerian sporting debutants to make a stunning first impression. This country has a bit of a reputation for it...

OFFENSE
Line 1: LW #4 Daniel Farrell, C #8 Ásmundur Heimirsson, RW #3 Bjartur Hilmarsson
Line 2: LW #11 Albin Van Heel, C #19 Jef Sneiders, RW #15 CJ Dyer
Line 3: LW #22 Nick Asquith, C #25 Barry Harper, RW #28 Peter Dyer
Line 4: LW #36 Ned Collins, C #31 Angufams Osprite, RW #34 Pochue Pranasik

DEFENSE
Line 1: LD #5 Izorigor Gackbang, RD #9 Böðvar Teitsson
Line 2: LD #14 Alfred Martel, RD #12 Logan Wilson
Line 3: LD #26 Rémy Rivard, RD #20 Carl Arthur
Line 4: LD #33 Alex Newham, RD #39 Stijn van Heysen
Goalies: G #50 Francis McNally, G #54 Robert Brent, G #58 Elijah Foster

The key players are the huge and powerful Gackbang/Teitsson pair, both of whom have a real chance of scoring with thumping slapshots. McNally is also a very competent butterfly goalie, but there's relatively little goalscoring talent. As such, style modifier -3. Not so much because the team is defensive-minded, it's just that they're better at preventing goals than scoring them.

Home ice rotates between the Arena of the South, Alaer (capacity 10,930, the most established hockey venue in the country) and EastWest Arena, Zube (capacity 15,392, the country's largest indoor arena). The crowd will be more vociferous and less casual in Alaer.

RP permissions
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: No
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes (if minor, TG for worse)
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: TG me first
Godmod Other Events: No
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Borschlandia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Borschlandia » Thu May 22, 2014 7:52 pm

First, play the champions
by Kadmus Greningen

Well, it seems as if Fate has given us an unlikely gift.

The first time a new team enters a new competition, one must expect that team to prove its mettle. Which is why it is both just and unsurprising that our boys from Borschland will play the defending champion of the World Cup of Hockey, Gyatso-Kai, in an indoor arena in the Southern Mandalorian Territories on Uuvember 25.

It is a great gift, because it gives us the opportunity to show the otherworld the grace, high spirits, and yes, toughness of our skaters, against a great opponent.

Much has been made already in the press of Gyatso-Kai about Borschland's style of play. Our rinks are larger, we skate fast, and lumbering checkers tend to end up winded on the bench rather than victorious at the end of a game.

On the smaller, NHL-style rinks of the WCOH, the Swans will have to adjust. And adjust they will. It should be entertaining and instructive.

For their part, the Ice Bisons of Gyatso-Kai, also known as the Avatarians, have climbed the ultimate mountain and the only thing that stands between them and another crown is complacency or, even more absurd, victory-fatigue.

Gyatso-Kai are veterans on the otherworld stage, having participated in multiple WCOHs. They are a modern nation with a formidable electronic media participation. Their team, likewise, is formidable with a large number of "legends," led by center Hakoda Ishii, who has represented the national team 104 times in his career. The youngest starter at 24 is netminder Hotaka Zhao. Ishii and two others are thirty or over.

Borschland's first line of forwards, by contrast, are all 24 years old. Tjard Meern, at 33 the elder statesman and best defender, anchors the group. Captain Sherm Reinhardt takes all of this in stride. At a team press conference before they boarded a special airship bound for Waterbrownbear in Bearland and a Bear Air plane which will take them to foreign lands, Sherm had this to say:

"No one knows who we are now. But they will."

Because Fate has given us that gift.
Read the book that inspired this nation!

Part 2

This nation should be ICly referred to as "Borschland".

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Fri May 23, 2014 12:46 am

.:: Sundari Times Forum, Sundari, Southern Mandalorian Territories, Gyatso-kai ::.
0120 hours local time (UTC+8), 23 March 2014.2

The ice of the Sundari Times Forum was as fresh as it could be; a pair of Zamboni ice resurfacers finishing their last lap on the rink. 'The Forum' as it was known to the Itakawai Lightning fans, was just about ready to host the first game of the World Cup of Hockey XIV. The final security sweeps were under way, the HOME Locker Room being finalised, and the AWAY Locker Room ready for the arrival of the Borschland Swans.

A new team for the first game... No one in our group is familiar...

The thought crossed the mind of Hiteki Kia as he sat on the HOME bench, looking out on the ice. Practice had ended two hours ago, and as far as Hiteki knew, every other team member left the arena shortly there after. Not him... He wanted some time alone to think. He did that often during the last World Cup; often times being the last one dressed and ready to leave the arena before heading to the hotels in Saintland. Yet here he was, a season later, and now...

Now I am on the second line... Playing alongside Ko Piandao...

It happened so fast...

He had attened the same try-out camp as every other player, and they each spent a week straight running drills and trying their best to earn the eyes of the coaches. When he arrived, the young woman who signed him in recognised him before he even said his name, and she was rather smitten with him.

"Hi," Hiteki started to speak as he walked towards the table, "I am..."

"Oh my spirits... Hiteki Kia!"
the young girl almost squeeled in excitement. "How could I not know you?!"

Hiteki blushed slightly, shrugging his shoulders while handing over the necessary paperwork for the camp. "Well, certainly didn't think I would come across a fan."

"Oh, my dad and I watch every BuffaloYak game!"
she exclaimed as she filed the paperwork into a large black box on the table next to her. As her coral nails ticked through each manilla tab, Hiteki watched her slender hans working. He quickly reached into his pocket for a pen, and scribbled on the scrap paper he had in his other pocket.

"Oh really? And I am the one you recognise?"

"Well, we had Saito Ki'lorsai check in earlier, but you are way hotter...I mean, uh,"
the younger girl quickly stuttered as she turned to quickly grab the practice jersey. She was just a couple of years younger than Hiteki, so he certainly didn't feel bad writting down his phone number. "Yeah..." she stuttered as she handed over the jersey. Hiteki was given a blank black jersey when he checked in; no name bar on the back, no distinguishing logo on the front save a rather larger set of white numbers. 176 was Hiteki's designation for the week it seemed, and he certainly didn't mind it.

"Thank you kindly," he spoke as he bowed slightly, dropping the piece of paper on the table. "Hope to see you around."

Walking away, he could just hear her giddily speaking tot he girl next to her, all-a-flutter over the fact that he simply gave her his number.

"I saw that Tek'tek," a deeper voice spoke from behind him. His all black jersey bore the number 108, but his face was simply unforgetable.

"Hakoda!" Hiteki exclaimed as he dropped his bag to give a solid hug to his Team Captain. "It is good to see you!"

"As always, Tek'tek. So glad you came out."

"Well, I got the invitation and figured no harm in coming out."

"Especially with all the rumours floating around."

"Rumours?"
Hiteki said as he reached for his bag and picked it up. Hiteki was not much of a gossiper, but he still enjoyed hearing whatever rumours were already floating around the camp.

"Yeah, and looking pretty good for you."

"Well, what are they?"

"Well, the other guys from Kyoshi have all arrived, and there is no sign of Itsuki."

"Itsuki?"

"Yeah,"
Ishii stated as he walked next to Hiteki. "He still is a bit rough since his lower leg injury last Cup and hasn't been having the best season on Kyoshi Island."

"So the spot is open on the third line?"

"Not only that, but Feng has been having a rough year in the CHL."

"Rough? How rough?"

"He was pushed down from the first line for the Saints. I overheard Kad'buir speaking about pushing him down a line on the National so as to mentor Kuang."

"So..."

"Your spot from last year may just have been pushed up a line."

Hiteki was silent at first, but a light sigh sooned escaped his mouth. "Do not just build me up, Hakoda..."

"Why would I do that?"
Ishii stopped walking and put a hand on Hiteki's shoulder. "I am just telling you to be on point this week. You have an amazing chance at being on the second line; especially after your showing in Saintland, this could be the year you are an outright starter on the second line."

Hiteki turned to face the elevator and pushed the UP button. The door soon opened, and he stepped inside. Looking to Ishii, he only shrugged his shoulder.

"I promise Hakoda, I'll be on the second line."

vzzzm vzzzmvzzzm vzzzm

Hiteki looked to his side, pulling out his phone. He smiled lightly at the message on the screen. Ishii just laughed.

"Focus on the ice... and then you can go for that ori'ya'harim."

Right... Focus on the ice...
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Fri May 23, 2014 4:45 am

OFFENSE
First Line Offense

#NamePos. Dom. Team Height Weight Goals (Season 2012-2013)
17 Geoffrey Seigler (C)LW Telora Icelanders 6'2" 215 lbs 58
15 Jan Oseiki CGlaergrim Spartans 5'9" 185 lbs 55
24 Aksel NessRW Mogrim Firehawks 6'1" 200 lbs 52

Second Line Offense

28 Neil Gram LW Tokhi Barbarians 5'11" 180 lbs 46
16 Matthew Thakkar (A) C Telora Icelanders 6'4" 218 lbs 41
13 Max Widley RW Sangura Nighthawks 6'1" 200 lbs 38

Third Line Offense

14 Fredrick Seitz LW Telora Icelanders 6'1" 210 lbs 34
09 Julio Achinson C Helm Guardians 5'12" 190 lbs 44
18 Daniel Ithrig RW Poltsa Lions 5'7" 180 lbs 37

Fourth Line Offense

27 Sigfrid Harraldsson LW Venna Neanderthals 5'9" 187 lbs 41
31 Allon Zye C Poltsa Lions 5'11" 193 lbs 36
33 Fredrick Alfredson RW Venna Neanderthals 5'10" 190 lbs 36

DEFENSE
First Line Defense
# NamePos. Dom. Team Height Weight
2 Richard Olsen (A) D Telora Icelanders 6'4" 220 lbs
7 Andre Colen D Sangura Nighthawks 6'3" 225 lbs

Second Line Defense

5 Patrick Hall D Poltsa Lions 5'12" 200 lbs
11 Harrison Cannard D Helm Guardians 6'3" 220 lbs

Third Line Defense

6 Liam Walshe D Glaergrim Spartans 6'2" 205 lbs
1 Samuel Waiters D Venna Neanderthals 6'4" 215 lbs

Fourth Line Defense

30 Johann Hegg D Telora Icelanders 6'1" 205 lbs
42 Yuri Tukhvatulin D Poltsa Lions 6'3" 220 lbs

GOALTENDERS
# NamePos. Dom. Team          Height   Weight    Style     sv%
10 Andre Badalamenti Starter Telora Icelanders 6'1" 210 lbs Butterfly.968
22 Preston Manseg Backup Glaergrim Spartans 6'0" 205 lbs Hybrid .932

COACHES
Head Coach                    Holden Molotsky
Assistant Coach Neil Hynsen
Assistant Coach Oddmund Danielson

STYLE
+3

Located in Telora, Aquitayne - Home Arena.
Seats: 19,537, at least 20,327 with standing room
Factilities:26 luxury suites, 1,880 club-box seats, and a variety of restaurants and clubs (both public and private) available for use by patrons.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes, but TG
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Ejections for My Players: Sure, but TG me first.
Godmod Other Events: No
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Fri May 23, 2014 1:47 pm

NORTHERN SUNRISE ISLANDS
The Stars
HOME|AWAY

STARTERS

#11 - Marcelo GALO (Goalkeeper)
Hometown: Porto Alegre, Juliana / Age: 30 / Team: Mallwill Fetchers
A rather decent keeper. He knows how to defend and that's pretty much of what is expected from him. Galo has been picked as the third pick of the Fetchers and with some rather stellar defense, this experient goalkeeper now has the Vaporeon mask on his face for the games.

#89 - Bethseba JACKSON (Defender)
Hometown: Boston, New Capitalia / Age: 24 / Team: Hartford North Stars
The giant of the D-line. Bethseba is an easy presence to see, what with her near 7 feet tall height and at least 250 pounds weight. A cross-checker by nature, uses her strength to no end. Called up to the National Team as the Tower of the squad.

#55 - Rikuto SHIRO (Defender)
Hometown: Lorelei, Tokyoto / Age: 23 / Team: Lorelei Shinobi
One of the two players who emerged from the Ryukyu Samurais side that has finally found his way in, Rikuto Shiro is one of the most loyal players on the multiverse, being a franchise man before all. Now with the chance of playing for the Sunrise, Shiro wants to bring an impressive defensive prowess that only he can deliver.

#23 - Dhampir REYNOLDS-DARK'NESS (Left Wing)
Hometown: Azkabian, Draziw-Esirnus / Age: Unknown / Team: Azerbaijan Goffs
Few happens to be known from Dhampir's past, being one of the few Sunrisians that declare themselves from being from the legendary Draziw-Esirnus area, hence the lack of information. Dhampir was picked as the only good player from the otherwise weak new franchise. Dhampir has joined the Sunrise Hockey League after playing one season at the Sunrice Junior Hockey League with HV Shoyu Treates. Rendered as the other star of this squad, Reynolds-Dark'ness is a cold-blooded player who won't get scared so easily. His accuracy is also top notch.

#04 - Ariana O'ABERDORE (Center)
Hometown: Durvey, Seltik / Age: 29 / Team: Hayden Whalers
The "Queen of Seltik", Ariana O'Aberdore has been a mainstay player for young and weak squads even on the league's predecessor, still as an "amateur" player until finding some sort of consistency at the Hayden Whalers where she would play rather impressively, disregarding whether the team played well or not. Known mostly for her speed and accuracy, not to mention a bit wilder tricks here and there,
she's the most experienced player on the Starters' Lineup.

#28 - Edgar PRIMO (Right Wing) <CAPTAIN>
Hometown: Pinto, San Jose / Age: 25 / Team: Brentwood Ponytas
The team's captain who after spending three seasons with the Ryukyu Samurais at the Sunrise Minor Hockey League, finally found major league hockey with the recently-founded Brentwood Ponytas and now has also found a winning team after such impressive seasons where he was just forgotten by the Lorelei Shinobi and now plays at the national team. An overlooked talent that now has all the chances to shine. With a powerful shot on his arms and stellar playcreation on such giant mind, Primo is the main star of this squad.

RESERVES
#69 - Michel LA PERRIERE (Goalkeeper)
Hometown: Lillepool, Arrendine / Age: 22 / Team: Mignon Beart Charmers
#88 - Christopher WATERLOO (Defender)
Hometown: Lynder City / Age: 19 / Team: Lynder Aces
#33 - Ian STANFORD (Defender)
Hometown: Layton, Seltik / Age: 29 / Team: London Monarchs
#20 - Miguel GONÇALVEZ (Left Wing)
Hometown: Fernando de Honduras / Age: 22 / Team: Stilwater Saints
#10 - Senema CHOI (Center) <ALTERNATE>
Hometown: Sunrice City / Age: 17 / Team: Sunrice City Panthers
#15 - Ian BELL (Right Wing)
Hometown: Londonpool, Seltik / Age: 20 / Team: London Monarchs

#12 - Starr McFLY (Goalkeeper)
Hometown: Lylat City / Age: 19 / Team: Matthew City Senators
#33 - Jussara CARRERA (Defender) <ALTERNATE>
Hometown: San Jose City / Age: 23 / Team: Duckberg Mighty Psyducks
#28 - Lúcia AZEVEDO (Defender)
Hometown: São Sebastião, Carnival / Age: 21 / Team: Darveston Islanders
#47 - Martina LIMÃO (Left Wing)
Hometown: Carnival do Oeste, Carnival / Age: 19 / Team: Afonse Red Pidgeottos
#99 - Jeremy MEADOW (Center)
Hometown: Hartford, New Capitalia / Age: 24 / Team: Hartford North Stars
#11 - Iago SERENO (Right Wing)
Hometown: Carnival City / Age: 22 / Team: Ai Yashalotte

COACH
Gávio CARVALHO (Coach) [Style: 0]
Doesn't need much introduction.

RP PERMISSIONS
Don't kill or injure them for too long (and yes, I'm looking at you, Quebec :p). Godmodded scores are fine and some fun moments are enforced as well.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Sat May 24, 2014 4:20 am

National Ice Hockey Team of Electrum
National Team for WCoH 24

Management Team
James Fonua - Head Coach

Offense Line 1
#12 - LW - Kurt Hinchcliffe
#5 - C - Billy Rose
#23 - RW - Joel Park
Offense Line 2
#4 - LW - Richard Forde
#46 - C - Harrison Lee
#73 - RW - Eugenio Postecoglou
Offense Line 3
#2 - LW - Bernard Simpkin
#17 - C - Riley Brown
#41 - RW - Luke Butcher
Offense Line 4
#33 - LW - Greg Simpson
#30 - C - Miguel Gahan
#28 - RW - Patrick Miller

Defense Line 1
#13 - LD - Robert Swan
#24 - RD - Lionel Hussein
Defense Line 2
#8 - LD - Bob Knight
#16 - RD - Grant Jones
Defense Line 3
#19 - LD - Ricky Ward
#49 - RD - Larry Green

Goalkeepers
#1 - Michael Baker
#11 - Jim Fawkner
#45 - Simon Sanderson
Everything is fair game

Venues
25 May (Su) - @ Valanora
26 May (M) - vs San Jose Guayabal @ Centralis Ice Hockey Centre, Centralis
27 May (T) - @ Falcus
28 May (W) - vs Ri'en @ Centralis Ice Hockey Centre, Centralis
29 May (Th) - @ New Wolfopolis
30 May (F) - vs Valanora @ Prescott Dome, Prescott
31 May (Sa) - @ San Jose Guayabal
1 June (Su) - vs Falcus @ Prescott Dome, Prescott
2 June (M) - @ Ri'en
3 June (T) - vs New Wolfopolis @ Prescott Dome, Prescott

Prescott is situated to the immediate west of Electrum and is fairly cool, given it's high altitude. Temperatures can go below freezing point at times, so make sure you stay rugged up! Prescott is in the Frontier Mountain Range and is a few dozen kilometers near Electrum's highest point, Mt. Picana where mountaineers are free to explore up the mountain. Bars in Prescott are open 24 hours a day, and you can be sure that there will be a betting shop in every street.
Capacity: 15,000 spectators

It is located in the middle of Electrum and the climate is temperate. Centralians are usually very kind and lovely. They are always willing to have a chat and talk sports. Centralis is a very cosmopolitan, multicultural and cultured city.
Capacity: 5,000 spectators

RP Permissions
Due to upcoming exams and our team's recent performance in the IBC, I won't be able to RP much, if at all, so go wild if you must.
RP Permissions
Do anything/everything: Y
Last edited by Electrum on Sat May 24, 2014 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 am

This is your 23.5 hours warning. To those who are yet to post their Rosters and pre md1 rps, this is your last chance to post it.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Sat May 24, 2014 8:27 am

Vaugania Golden Eagles
Style Modifier: +4
All-Time Record (W-D-L): 29-12-27

Coaching Staff

Head Coach: Art Rosenberg
Offensive Assistant Coach: Kenny Baker
Defensive Assistant Coach: Adrian O'Doul
Goaltending Coach: Nikolai Chekov

Player Roster

Forward Line 1
14 LW Jurgis Streit (C)
17 C Nicolas d'Orty
13 RW Pavel Smirnov (A)

Forward Line 2
60 LW Jarle Hermansen
62 C Chris Boehler
29 RW Santeri Vrubel

Forward Line 3
10 LW Tomislav Avramenko
19 C Colin Knight
25 RW Adam DesLauriers

Forward Line 4
84 LW Volya Stroman
5 C Peter Eberlein
44 RW Olli Skjeggestad

Defensive Pair 1
81 LD Rolf Moravec
53 RD Mathias Beran

Defensive Pair 2
36 LD Filip Tennfjord
98 RD Ted Gilmour (A)

Defensive Pair 3
50 LD Kusti Homstrom
23 RD Philip Sorenson

Goalies
2 Raphael Roux
35 Craig Howard

Home Ice: Sorochuk IcePlex (Sorochuk, 19,153)
RP Permission: Don't kill anyone and have fun!
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

The United Regions
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Regions » Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 am

The United Regions National Liberty Hockey Team
Official Winter Sport of The United Regions
Winning Team of Drasona annual Tournament
Official 2014 Team of The United Regions
Coaching Staff

Head Coach: James Manchina
Offensive Assistant Coach: Keith Ubana
Defensive Assistant Coach: Bidren Kidd
Goaltending Coach: Triton Manning

Player Roster

Forward Line 1
17 LW Dennis Semin
76 C Olsen Burg
84 RW James Rockintosh

Forward Line 2
24 LW Jim Bryant
10 C Chris Felcher
12 RW Jacob Jones

Forward Line 3
14 LW Ted Cruzel
19 C Paul Rand
25 RW Michael Lee

Forward Line 4
62 LW Vladimir Aguirre
7 C Trilzon Miz
44 RW Mountain West

Defensive Pair 1
21 LD Charles Milton
16 RD Jeffrey Tingel

Defensive Pair 2
5 LD Joe Flocca
52 RD Lewis Ray (A)

Defensive Pair 3
50 LD Mason Funoco
23 RD Striker-Bleu Piltrim

Goalies
8 Nathan Washington
22 Simon Ulsin

Home Ice: Tocotro Liberty Arena [Tocotro, 20,265]
RP Permission: Be realistic, but yes.
Last edited by The United Regions on Sat May 24, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the Frozen Sea Alliance!
Member of Atlas region
President: Muhammad Blaccic
Prime Minister: David Bell
Capital: Drasona
Government Type: Constitutional Parliamentary Republic
Economic System: Laissez Faire Capitalism
Armed Forces Size: 350,000 (active) [950,000 Reserve]
Population: 16,000,000
Region: Atlas
Demonym: Capitalist or Mormon

I Side With
92% Libertarians
64% Republicans
24% Green Party
21% Democrats
10% Socialist
Rand Paul 2016

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sat May 24, 2014 11:33 am

KSN- Channel 1 Hockey

Good Morning Folks, our top stories today, WCOH 24 going to partially take place in Kolmya, and the KMHA Championships. First we'll talk about the WCOH. This year will be the first time that Kolmya will actively take place in an international Ice Hockey tournament. The HOME games for the Kolmya Foresters will be held in the Small valley town of Volosjinny in the Tomskaya Mountains. HOME games for the Foresters will be held in the "Pine Palace", Volosjinny's Professional Ice hockey Arena. In fact, last week, the KMHA Championship Final Game 7 was held at the "Pine Palace". The Volosjinny Mountain Seals, with their stellar goaltender Maxim Koechnik won the Final game in Overtime 1-0.
Pictured Above is Maxim Koechnik and Konstantine Typukov.
Back to the topic of the WCOH. On Matchday 1 of the WCOH 24, the Kolmyan National Team will face Sicoutimont, a team from the super-continent of Rushmore. Sicoutimont is currently ranked 10th in the world in the World Cup of Hockey, a very much challenging obstacle in the Group Stage. However we have recieved word from the Foresters Coach Ivan Lukmir, that Sicoutimont has not supplyed a roster or information to the WCOH Host Sangti this year. As a result, no one in Kolmya can know how their strategies and preferences, as well as the names on their jerseys. According to Lukmir, Kolmya's team will just have to try and stay tight defensively, as well as balance defense evenly with a strong forecheck, with a slight pinch of physical play in the mix as well. From Kolmya Sports Network, this is Yuri Kreider, signing off...
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

Zenic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2013

Postby Zenic » Sat May 24, 2014 3:38 pm

“You got this, Olli?”

“Sure do, Coach,” replied starting goalie and captain of the national team Olli Piatek. The other person on the phone was the head coach Henri Giehl. The two were very close since Giehl coached Piatek to a national championship in hockey at Conscientia University. Now, they were reunited to try and win the World Cup of Hockey: a large and difficult task but not impossible.

“What do you think we could honestly do against Havl, coach?” Giehl contemplated on this thought as he was flying in on a private jet to join the team just before the game against Havl. Right now, Havl was the hottest team in the world winning three of the last four world cups of hockey and were justifiably ranked number one. “Truly, if we lose by only a goal, it would be a huge victory. Yet we will always play for the win, you know that, Olli,” Giehl replied honestly. “All right, coach. See you in the locker room.”

“All right. Be ready for the game: I expect the best from all of you and you better let the team know that,” said Giehl.

Even if they were against the best team in the world.
Member of Rushmore
List of Factbooks
Zenic Ministry of Sports Archive
Association Football
KPB Ranking: 4.86 (129th, Post-WC95)
Rushmore Ranking: 5.13 (38th, Post-CR44)
IFCF Coefficient: 0.00 (UR)
Ice Hockey
WCoH Ranking: 13.80 (11th, Post-WCoH 50)
Champions:
45th Copa Rushmori (Futbol)
55th Baptism of Fire (Futbol)
7th U15 World Cup (Futbol)
6th Runner Cup (Futbol)
Runners-up
WCoH 28 (Ice Hockey)
Third Place:
Copa Rushmori XIX (Futbol)
4th Runner Cup(Futbol)

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sat May 24, 2014 7:35 pm

True love transcends all things, and it leaps over all of its obstacles. There is nothing that it cannot endure, and it stands the test of time. Hockey player Sean Aberdeen and girlfriend Miranda Fields learn this lesson at a very young age. When Miranda becomes pregnant at the age of 17, it threatens her future and her relationship that she has with her family and their small town community. At the same time it threatens Sean's future career in hockey. Join me as we look through some of their most turbulent times and watch as they try to endure this pregnancy and each other....

"Love Is Suffering. Love Is Anguish. People Put Hours Upon Hours, And Days Upon Days Into Relationships....But Most Fail. And The Ones That Don't? The Happiest Ending One Can Imagine Is Being There Watching Their Lover Die In Front Of Their Eyes And Knowing They Will Have To Go On Without Them. Love Is Dependency. Love Is A Thief. Love Steals Your Life"

Miss Tipton had just finished writing this on the board when her Honors National Lit Class had walked through the door. Everyone sat down in their desks, and Miss Tipton began to speak. "Class, it is now time for us to begin the Winter Spring semester and start our 3rd Unit. This unit, "Modern Classics", covers four major works from 1885 - 1998. We will cover My Personal Folly by Arthur Ashford, Durango by Melissa Monte, The Larymose Chapters, by Elton Right, and Given Away by Kingston Reele. These books will cover controversial issues that have definted Vettrera for the last 100 years. Issues like pregnancy, religion, provincial wars, western Vettrera and eastern Vettrera, political espionage, familial support, terrorism, and crime syndicates will all be discussed during these major works. By the end of this Unit you would have done three essays and one project. I have emailed all of your parents, because two of these books do have graphic moments. In the event that those books are ruled out, you will simply have to write 2 essays and a project for the two books that you actually do read. Now, looking to the board you'll be able to see a excerpt from Kingston Reele's......"

Sean and Miranda had stopped listening to Miss Tipton and began to focus on each other, as usual.

"So are we really going to do this tonight?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah, I, I think we're ready." Sean replied with his hands in hers.
"But do you have the --"

"Yeah. I've already got it!" Sean pulled out a condom.
"How did you -- "

"My cousin. He plays basketball in Western Vettrera. At Cape Marshall Tech. You can get anything out there. Contraception, Contraband, hell. It's so different. "

"Wow, so we're really gonna do this then. Hahaha. I'm just so surprised that we're going through with this. I'm excited babe. My mom won't be home tonight cause she's going out of town with her friend Bea. So come over after Hockey Practice"

"Most definitely."

Miss Tipton continued. "Western and Eastern literature differentiates mainly based on what they chose to critique in their works. 20th Century Eastern literature will generally make a case against things like promiscuity, while 20th Century Western literature chose to take an approach that challenged collective morality and emphasized individual opinion. Does Anyone recall the central concept of "On Societal Principles" , which we read in our Comparative Ideas Unit? No...? Well then I guess I'll just have to pick someone at random. Sean! Explain it."

"On Societal Principles was written by Peter Opry, and he was from the Western province of Hectate"

Miss Tipton raised an eyebrow

"No, no. Umm he was from LaFayette. North LaFayette, in the city of Lagunas Verdes.

Miss Tipton nodded.

"Well anyway," Sean continued, "He believed that Vettrera, and mostly Eastern Vettrera, was flawed in that many people conformed to societal values without actually giving any thought to it. He also argued that collective morality was bad in that people that did not agree with said values were immediately ostracized from society or were forced to live under guidelines that they didn't want for themselves."

"More or less, that's correct. And on your essay in response to his statements, what did you say?"

"I disagreed. I said that dissenters were not really harmed in any way. If people don't agree with the majority opinion, they should not be surprised when they find themselves on the losing side of an issue. It is not as if these people are actually losing any rights over here in the Eastern provinces. There's no tangible harms"

"Interesting. Well, everyone for homework today just pick up one of the four works and begin your reading."

The bell rang, and class was dismissed.

That night, both Sean and Miranda both lost their virginity. And that night, conception.

A few weeks later Miranda noticed that her period was late.

Miranda

Sean, when you get out of Practice, answer this. (4:00 PM)

We need to talk Sean. (6:18 PM)

My Period's Late (7:00 PM)
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Sat May 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Espar IceCaps

Ever since Espar youngsters started making small ice rinks in the early nineties, ice hockey has become a fundamental and culturally important sport in Esparmuran, in fact, it is tradition in elections for the leaders of all parties to play a friendly game of hockey because the serious stuff begins. Unfortunately, due to Esparmuran's quickly falling population of 3300, the government has not been able to establish a league in the country. After rumours about Esparmuran joining the 24th World Cup of Hockey were proved true by the Espar Recreational Community, participants slowly but surely sprung up to sign up to join the Espar IceCaps in hockey's most exciting event.

The Caps:
(The "Overall" stat is akin to EA's NHL franchise stats. 71-100 is an NHL quality player, 61-70 is an AHL quality player, 40-60 is a/an CHL/etc. quality player, if you haven't played any NHL games, ignore it).
FOWARDS
#05 LW Orrell Beake - His high school buddies couldn't keep him from scoring and his puck-playing skills are more-than-impressive. Opponents should play close attention to Beake, for when he controls the puck, the ice tilts in his favour. Overall: 81
#03 C Bailey Royston - Royston is a tough nut to crack. His plays are smart and effective, making him another player to watch out for. His speed and deking ability can come in quite handy when in a rush. Overall: 83
#25 RW Darian Sidney - Not much can be said about Darian Sidney. He's about as average as you can get. A decent goal-scorer, Sidney can pull off a good goal when not under pressure and can keep his teams spirits up with his comedic speeches. Overall: 72
#21 LW Yngve Dwerryhouse - Here's where things start going downhill. Dwerryhouse isn't a star by anyone's definition. He pays less attention to the puck and more to smashing into every opponent he sees. A good hitter, terrible puck-player, eats all the food at practice. Overall: 63
#90 C Christmas Russell - Christmas Russell is a high school dropout and if there was a school of hockey, he'd dropout of it too. Reports say he's relatively decent during the first period, but essentially gives up during the next two. Overall: 65
#46 RW Dana Lovell - Lovell isn't known much to be a scorer as a passer. He's practically scared of the puck, getting destroyed by opponents while he holds onto it worrying about passing it, even when he has a good scoring chance. Overall: 60
#93 LW Scotty Gully - Overall: 50
#34 C Lennox School - Overall: 50
#10 RW Kim Jardine - The only player to come from the community of Bajlum, Jardine is a decent player and has decent puck playing, but considering how low his patience threshold is, he may as well be fighting opponents for half the game. Overall: 60
#61 LW Temple Maynard - Maynard has a tendency to want to bash into everybody he sees, he should have been a defence. he can score, in the most in-his-favour circumstances. Overall: 56
#74 C Cyril Ayers - Ayers is a selfish player, playing the puck when he should be passing, shooting when they're no chance of scoring. When he grabs the puck, he gives his team an advantage with puck possession, but nothing more. Overall: 55
#28 RW Danny Faulkner - Danny Faulkner got his fair share of hockey in his youth, but never tried to realise what potential it could cause. As with that, Faulkner is not a bad player, but he's not great. Overall:55

DEFENCE
(I could only get the forwards information done before I melt and fall asleep, so I'll get everything else done now)
#09 Haven Clausen - Overall: 61
#13 Blaine Blackwood - Overall: 79
#50 Peder Oakley - Overall: 56
#77 Devereux Bone - Overall 50
#04 Donald Mitchell - Overall: 46
#15 Milton Lynwood - Overall: 48

GOALTENDERS
#96 Wolf Paige - Overall: 59 | Predicted Save Percentage If Playing All Games: 700-800 (Back-Up)
#46 Aydan Herbert - Overall: 39 | Predicted Save Percentage If Playing All Games: 500-600 (Double back-Up)

INJURED
#01 Rickey White G
#23 Dalton Toller LW
#75 Erik Morris C

Lines in my previous post.

Choose My Scorers: Yes, but take note Beake, Royston and Blackwood are the best players will be the ones scoring 85% of the time. the others are essentially cannon-fodder.
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: Any players can take injuries except the three above. Maximum 5 per game.
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes, considering how weak and feeble the players (except the three above, of course) are, there will be many injuries to my players. telegram me who is injured through.
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes

Style Modifier: -4

Schedule:
@ Gregoryisgodistan
v. Britonisea
@ Darmen
v. The Kytler Peninsulae
@ Anditia
v. Gregoryisgodistan
@ Britonisea
v. Darmen
@ The Kytler Peninsulae
v. Anditia
Last edited by Esparmuran on Fri May 30, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 13 times in total.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Borschlandia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Borschlandia » Sat May 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Off to Not-Borschland

Borschland Hockey League is participating in its first NS Sports World Cup of Hockey. Here is Sherm Reinhardt's take on the team's historic first trip off-Continent for a truly global ice hockey competition.

So it wasn't a normal road trip.

I mean, I'm not even used to plane rides, and I'm American. Back in Minnesota, the only plane I ever took was one to St. Louis to visit my aunt Trudy and uncle Carl, and that was after Dad passed.

But the guys? That was another kettle of fish, as Dad used to say. Most or all had been on airships in their lives, but those things stayed close to the ground. An airplane was science fiction to them.

When the roster came out for Game 1, and the destination, this super-nation called Gyatso-Kai that was like a conglomeration of China and Japan and the kitchen sink, Chrujstoff Anselm and Hauke Sybrandy and the rest of the selectees from the Te Staff team plus Habel Baarda from Tarlunz got together at a very low-key bar to basically write our last wills and testaments.

"An airplane is not much different from an airship, yes?" Baarda said. He was a family man, five kids. A lock for the Hall of Fame.

"You have to like honey," I said. Bear Air was the carrier, and when I came to Borschland the furry flight crew gave me the full Winnie-the-Pooh routine.

Chrujstoff knocked back a Celtlands whiskey and wiped his sleeve. "Anyway," he said, "if there is a phase shift and we are stuck in Not-Borschland, I hear they have a big hockey league. We could all get a job, maybe."

"There isn't going to be a phase shift," I said. "That's why we entered the Cup."

"You never know," said Oovie, Uwe Sipken. Normally he did nothing but clown people. Pranks, stunts, April Fool's Jokes, that was Uwe's specialty, besides putting the puck on your stick like a gift from God.

But now Oovie was staring down an airplane ride.

"We will not get a job playing hockey in their league," said Rogijr Kelmenstremmer, one of the best defensemen I've ever seen. You couldn't shoot past him. Nothing got to the goalie if he was between goal and the shooter. "We might be able to carry their pisspots."

Baarda glared at Kelmenstremmer and said, "You have to wonder why we are going, if we are such a bad team."

"Oh, it's political," Hauke Sybrandy said. Professorial type, and a deadly finisher. "You don't think this is the Expansiveists showing Borschland how much better it is to be open to the world? You know they control the government. It's just a matter of time before we are exporting our peat to every land you can shift to, and we'll have none for ourselves, but the Expansiveists will be rich and living in Australia."

"That's bunk," said Oovie, and that was the end of the conspiracy theories-- for the moment.

The day we left, the scene at the airship base was utter chaos. Lots of women crying, lots of men crying, lots of kids crying. Very traumatic. Rachael, my wife, was pregnant with our first, and she nearly had the baby right then and there.

No one said anything on the airship ride, and the takeoff from Waterbrownbear in the airplane involved lots of white knuckles. But once the plane was at cruising altitude and we got our first Foster's under our belts-- the bears laid in a supply, they love to host parties-- we had a team meeting.

There was a lot of gallows humor to start. Then Tjard Meern stood up. Besides Sikke Pfelward, he was the oldest guy on the team, the best and biggest defenseman, and maybe the best passer on the team. Meern is one of those mutton-chop types who never backs down and never says anything, just gives you that look.

This time, he talked.

"Reinhardt, you're captain and you deserve it, I'll not argue that," he said. "And you know a bit more about the outside world than we do. So we want to learn from you, Sherm, and good luck to us."

A little quiet laughter, but then dead silence.

"A lot of things have changed since you got here. This is the next. We have to get used to it. We're not just Borschland by ourselves anymore.

"But boys, hockey is hockey. We know how to play. All of us. That's why we were chosen.

"So no matter what happens, whether it's bears or unicorns or magic or any other nonsense that can happen in God's good world, there is no way we are going to do anything on the ice but tear the other team's hearts out.

"When we step off the ice at the end of the third, win or lose, we need to leave them wondering if life is worth living anymore.

"Then we can go out and buy them a drink and say, allesgeet ergut, my friend. All's well. Drink up. You just played Borschland."

No one said anything more. The meeting was over. And no one said anything for the rest of the plane ride, until we touched down in Gyatso-Kai, and the guys picked up their equipment bags, and after that it was nothing but hockey talk.

Because we were on the job.
Last edited by Borschlandia on Sat May 24, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Part 2

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sun May 25, 2014 12:07 am

.:: HOME Locker Room, Sundari Times Forum, Sundari, Southern Mandalorian Territories, Gyatso-kai ::.
1330 hours local time (UTC+8), 25 March 2014.2

Hiteki Kia and the rest of the Ice Bisons had all taken their seats in the HOME Locker Room. It had been a hard morning skate, a very good practice run for the final time before the game. It was T-7 hours until the puck dropped for the first game of the World Cup, and the team was feeling better than normal after a 4 hour practice.

In the distance, you could hear the Zambonis working on the ice, getting it ready for the team from Borschland to have their practice session. Hiteki didn't even know if the Swans were in the building or not; he wouldn't know even if he wanted to, what with the AWAY Locker Room on the opposite side of The Forum. All he did know, was that the team felt alive, the team felt positive.

Just like we had before Havl...

Head Coach Kad Skirata came into the room, and each player knelt over to start pounding the ground with ungloved fist; a Mandalorian way of saluting your superior officer when they came into the camp or barracks. He had the smile of a loving father on his face, and a simple raised hand silenced the pounding.

"Well here we are, verde," Skirata opened, using the Mando'a word for "soldiers" instead of "men". "Another tournament set to open."

"And yet, it feels like just another game. Another game with the team, before some unknown opponent, with nothing to gain but another 'W' in the stat column. But this is so much more than just another game..."

"It is our first game as World Cup Champions, and your jersey bears the symbol of that victory. We even have a different uniform to wear before going into battle; one simplified and streamlined. One to show that we are a unified team, a unified country, a unified spirit. Gone are the stripes to represent each Nation. Gone are the days of simply black and white. Gone are the days of the Golden Band across our foreheads, signifying an almost 'enlightened' path. No. Now, we are simply adorned with the same red and gold stripe that our alii'gai bears as it flies above our arena."

"And much like that alii'gai, we have come to represent, not just a Nation, but rather the entirety of Gyatso-kai. We not only play for ourselves, for our AHL teams, for our schools, but we play for our homes. We play for our Nation, we play for Gyatso-kai. We play for all 17 billion citizens who were given the blessed right to call Gyasto-kai 'yaim' or 'jiā' or 'aimmabvik' or 'uchi' or whatever word you want to use... But they all mean 'home'. And this team... This team has become 'home' for so many of you, and for me as well."

"We fight for our home, we fight to wear our team colours, we fight to wear our national colours. Remember, all thirty of you beat out two-hundred other players for the chance to be on this team; for a chance to have your name stitched upon your back. To have the chance to score a goal... Not just any goal. Not a goal for Gaipan, for Itakawai, for Beijing, for Foggy Swamp, for Si Wong, or even for Jang Hui. No... You have a chance to score a goal for Gyatso-kai."

Skirata took a moment to pause, to allow his words to echo throughout the locker room. He looked around to each player, seemingly making eye contact with each and every one. Hiteki could feel his eyes meet the Head Coach, and a warmth overtook him at that moment.

Skirata turned to leave, only to stop a few steps short of the door. He briefly looked back, with but a smile on his lips before speaking just two words.

"Vode An."

As Skirata walked out of the room, each man stood and walked towards the centre of the room. For some, the chant that was soon to follow was a reminder of days spent in the Grand Army; for others, it was a reminder of home amongst the Mandalorian clans. And for the youngest of players, this was an entirely new ritual all together. "Vode An", in Mando'a meaning "Brothers All", was a brisk song, chanted by the men while performing an elaborate series of motions --- hard punches and slaps to the body --- in rhythm. Usually reserved for when under the protection of armour and padding, Kad'buir was often fond of waiting for the team to strip down to their base layer before issuing the call; and it was upon this call, the men would perform this chant to show their coach and one another the strength and belief in the very words.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Gyast'kaia a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Gyast'kaia a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal...
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc runi solus cet o'r.
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc runi trattok'o.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

At the completion, each man would turn to his locker in silence, and get dressed to leave The Forum. Most would hum the tune of 'Vode An', still feeling the sting of the hits across their bodies. All would dress in their "Street clothes" before going back to the hotel and resting before the game. Every player held their own rituals; some would stay in their room, relaxing before ASPN. Others would go over to a friend's place in town and relax in a more 'homely' setting.

However, all of them would return to the hotel and be dressed in the traditional garb of their home Nation before walking from the hotel --- the prestigious Sundari Estate --- to The Forum. A very brief walk which only took ten minutes, but a very important part of the Sundari hockey culture. All along the way, fans would be lining the sidewalks, and cheering as the men walked straight down the road to the Arena. There would be horns blaring, flags waving, shouts all around; all of which to show that Skirata was right.

This was Gyatso-kai's team.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sun May 25, 2014 6:09 am

Matchday 1
Home team listed first, tables will be posted starting Matchday 2.

Group 1
Ko-oren 7–2 Estenia
Neu Engollon 4–0 Allamunnic States
Super-Llamaland 5–4 Kinzar

Group 2
Vilita & Turori 12–2 Mochria
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 5–3 Terre des Gaules
Yttribia 4–3 Polar Islandstates

Group 3
Sicoutimont 2–3 Kolmya
The Royal Barangay 3–0 Nouvel Ecosse
Vettrera 2–3 Norrehavn

Group 4
Cassadaigua 6–2 The Mechanical Monasteries
Hicana 7–3 Zeneabo
Nassau-Hessen 3–3 Caek of the Wolfen

Group 5
Northern Sunrise Islands 5–1 Darvale
Cosumar 5–0 Stimpsk
Thatius 5–2 German American States

Group 6
Equestrian States 7–2 Pritchardia
The Fair Republic 9–2 Mizuyuki
Transalpine Republic 5–1 Patistan

Group 7
Gyatso-kai 6–4 Borschlandia
Quakmybush 8–4 Korva
Arkiasis 5–2 Semarland

Group 8
Estope 4–1 Muriburiland
Vaugania 11–2 SJT
Aquitayne 4–1 Jeckland

Group 9
Havl 5–3 Zenic
Saintland 4–0 Jecatria
New North Aqmuland 5–4 The United Regions

Group 10
Valanora 5–3 Electrum
Falcus 4–2 Ri'en
New Wolfopolis 3–2 San Jose Guayabal

Group 11
Gregoryisgodistan 4–4 Esparmuran
Darmen 7–1 The Kytler Peninsulae
Anditia 6–2 Britonisea

Group 12
Torisakia 5–3 New South Aqmuland
Nova Anglicana 7–0 Flammable American States
HopNation 0–0 Crystal Empire
Last edited by Sangti on Sun May 25, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun May 25, 2014 7:22 am

Gregoryisgodistan 4–4 Esparmuran

"Hello, I'm Sportcaser BVH9021941 and we are live from Willingsley Ice Arena for today's World Cup of Hockey qualifying opener between Esparmuran and Gregoryisgodistan. It's time for the face-off, so let's get ready to go. Royston controls the faceoff, and it's up ahead to Beake, he powers a shot from way out but it's saved by Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel in his glove. Easy save for the big man. Good job.

"14:02 left in the first, Toller skating up the left side, whammed into the boards by Enemy Crusher Bigward McFooples and he's in pain. He's definitely hurt. He's not moving. This looks bad. He's coming out and this is horrible. He's not dead, it seems, but he's not moving. This really is not good. I just hope everything's all right. Let's listen in on our ice cams. Wow. You can hear the bone cracking as Toller crashes into the boards. That's really bad. And now the refs are going to call a five minute major for boarding on Enemy Crusher Bigward McFooples. He's not happy about it. It looks like he's threatening to crush referee Tyrone Titus of Jeckland if he does not overturn the penalty. And yep, now Titus is getting crushed. He is dead, but the others decide to overturn the penalty out of fear for their lives. Meanwhile, Toller has been taken to a local hospital and we are ready to resume play.

"8:13 left in the first, and here's Weatherman 92UDH9111 skating up the left side, centering pass to Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson. He shoots and SCORES! GOAL ICE SLAVES! GREGORYISGODISTAN LEADS 1-0!!!!!! Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson lights the lamp and sets off the horn. A sold-out crowd in the first game ever played in this building is going absolutely wild. They are on their feet here. All except the visiting Esparmuran fans hanging from the rafters are chanting and clapping. Just an amazing goal and it's 1-0.

"2:09 left in the first, and here's Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat. He's running straight for the net with the puck, he shoots and it's in. 2-0. Ice Slaves with the two goal advantage. Great goal by Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat and the Ice Slaves are up by two. Fans now going nuts here. It's quite a show to watch. This could be a rout.

"17:01 left in the second period, and another bone-jarring hit, this one by Enemy Crusher Crushallov St. Lind on Erik Morris. Morris is lying on the ice now in pain. It looks like his leg is broken, though at least he's moving a bit. He's going to be helped off the ice. No penalty on Enemy Crusher Crushallov St. Lind, presumably because the refs are scared for their lives. There we go, he's off and we're ready to play again.

"14:09 left in the second period, and it's Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson with the pass down to Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138 who shoots, and it's in again! 3-0 Ice Slaves. Gregoryisgodistan blowing out their opponents. This could get ugly later. Of course it could. It's 3-0.

"2:09 left in the second, and Prison Guard AQIIUS passes it to Actor 81248D8J who shoots, deflected off a defender's stick and in. 4-0 Gregoryisgodistan. This is really a blowout. The fans are celebrating now.

"39 seconds left in the second, Beake with a run at goal, he's tripped up by the goaltender Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel and they're going to award a penalty shot. Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel is furious. That should not be a penalty shot he says. Now he's going to crush referee Blake Donald, of Jeckland like the other officials. He's crushing Donald, and he's is dead. Rather than overturn the call, the other officials are ejecting Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel so his son, Enemy Crusher Furfy "Junior Fatso" McFattel will have to come in. Now he's yelling at and threatening to crush the two remaining officials. It looks like he's going to carry through on that threat. One of them is dead, that would be Mike Roberts, now Enemy Crusher Furfy "Junior Fatso" McFattel is being restrained and ejected. They summon the emergency goaltender, Enemy Crusher Crushy Fattyking but he too is crushing the remaining official, Tim Phelps of Jeckland. Now he is dead. The game organizer is calling an alternate team of officials but Gregoryisgodistan has no goaltenders left. So defender Enemy Crusher Crushdaguaya Balians will have to play goaltender for the rest of this game. That's not good.

"The coaching staff is appealing to the new crew of referees, also Jeckish, to overturn the original call of penalty shot and ejections, but it's not going to happen. They're not responding to threats by enemy crusher either. Anyway, it's Beake to take the penalty shot, he goes for it, and it's in past Enemy Crusher Crushdaguaya Balians to make it 4-1. The fans are really booing now. For one bad penalty call, the officials ejected all three Gregoryisgodistani goaltenders. It was really unnecessary. These refs should be ashamed of themselves.

"17:02 left in the third, and Beake skating up the middle, centering pass to Royston who shoots and it's 4-2. Enemy Crusher Crushdaguaya Balians just not able to defend that. He's not a goaltender, he's not good at that. These refs are a farce for allowing this to happen. The new officiating team should have overturned the old one's call after the coach asked and demanded it happen. They are obviously corrupt. So let us publicly name this officiating team to publicly shame them - of course, they're all from our enemy nations. It's Robert Black, Nicholas Nightencage and Robert Milton, all of Jeckland. Jeckland, wouldn't you know, is on our enemy list.

"8:09 left in the third and final period, and Blackwood skates up the ice, shoots, in the net. Again, the goaltender is not used to it. 4-3 Gregoryisgodistan. It's a one goal game. The fans booing and hissing and screaming "DEATH TO THE REFS" at the top of their lungs. Meanwhile, the visiting fans hanging from the rafters were cheering, but now they are being beaten by police officers to shut them up.

"33 seconds left in the third and final period, and they're going to call a penalty on Enemy Crusher Crushallov St. Lind for interference. Where was that? Beake tripped over his own stick. Fans booing. Oh my. They're giving another penalty shot. If Beake makes this, it's a safe bet the refs are dead. Here we go, it's in. 4-4. And here come the enemy crushers who haven't been tossed, pouring out onto the ice to crush the officials. Black is dead, crushed by Enemy Crusher Bigmac Fatfrize, Enemy Crusher Bigward McFooples and Enemy Crusher Porkbert McPorkerstein, Nightencage has been crushed by Enemy Crusher Fattelson Crusherbarger, Enemy Crusher Porky McCrushawitz and Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz while Milton has been crushed by Enemy Crusher Crushdaguaya Balians, Enemy Crusher Crushallov St. Lind and Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat. They're all dead. The organizing committee is deciding whether or not to summon more alternate officials for the last 32.1 seconds or just end it now as a 4-4 draw, and they're going to end it now. The final score is 4-4, but an utter farce from the referees. This should have been 4-0 or more but the refs completely blew the call. First the original crew, and now the new crew, both from our enemy Jeckland. Death to Jeckland!"
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun May 25, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun May 25, 2014 9:12 am

OOC: This is the 2nd part of The Road trilogy, first of two major RP series that I'll be working on for this WCoH. It's about a top-ranked Quebecois prospect named Alexandre Dumont, and his journey to the National high school Championship and getting drafted, but is more than just that. It also goes through many elements of life in Quebec, as well as his personal lives.

Part 1

The Road- (2)

Once the practice was done, the players rushed back to the school, knowing that they exactly have 20 minutes before school starts. They kept their hockey luggages at their stalls though. After all they well knew that they’d have to be back once school’s done. There were mandatory hockey practices every Monday morning and afternoon, Tuesday morning, Wednesday after school and Thursday after school, as well as Friday lunch skate which was optional, so it only made sense to keep their hockey sticks and uniforms when they had to be back in 15:30 anyways. Alexandre joined the rush of teenagers into the nouveau-deco styled buildings of Ogoki High School, trying to dissolve his late breakfast(he ate two breakfasts in his hockey days: Early breakfast, which he ate before the practice, and Late breakfast, the one after practice and before school) of caribou meat and 2 apples. He, as an athlete with full course-load, wanted more, but he well knew that he could not get more.
...........................................................................................................................................................................

Very first class of the day was Aboriginal Studies-Year 11 Extension with Mr. Maskipitôn, a local elder and history teacher. He was a man who’s so well-conditioned that he still was strong enough to coach basketball, handball and wrestling (and formerly hockey) during their respective seasons. He was a very well-liked and generous man, that everyone in the area owed him some gratitude of sorts. Dumont was of no exception. After all he’s the man who gave him the summer job for last couple of summers, at the school library. Alex really liked the man, due to all the gratitude he has given to him, as well as his outgoing, cheerful personality.

That didn’t help him much from getting distracted though, as Alexandre couldn’t help himself but to think of Marianne. She was a junior, a year younger than him. For years they have lived as neighbours, only 2 houses away from each other on the north side of Baxter Street, and got to know each other since primary school due to their fathers being linemates for all their 3 years of high school hockey. They got to stay as good friends, visiting each other’s places every once in a while since grade 3. By nine-thirty, he was thinking about their old days, when they did not know of the sentimental puddle they’d later enter into, when he had to briefly put those thoughts aside…..

“Class, we’ll be starting our reading unit, as have mentioned at the beginning of the year." said Mr. Maskipitôn, in his rich, tenor voice, as he looked over his students, "As have mentioned, this first semester will be done in reading circles, done by 5 books that the department has chosen for the purposes of Year 11 Extension class. It’s The Golden Mile- Symbiotic relationship between Ankwinijuk Mining Company and early years of Attawapiskat by Jean-Louis Ephibere, Red-skinned woman- Women’s role in Aboriginal Renaissance by Irma Otterskin, Heartland by Adrien Ahn Sung Kim, Pattern-weavers, City and Country life- The Comprehensive Dissertation by Laura Bereskin and A History of Quebecois Indigenous Culture and Sports by Stuart Garland and Theodora Wassenberg. Each book will cover the important elements in First Nations’ and Inuits’ lives, which is more of software than hardware that we learned earlier in the year. Each book covers the issue of identity issues and racial mix, linguistic changes, increasing movements to cities as opposed to tribal lands in the countryside, and continuation of cultural traditions as well as roles of technology, globalisation and sports within. By the end of this unit each reading circle, will have to write a 60-page report on the pattern, using other sources that have been provided to you at the beginning of school year or will be provided while doing the reading circle. In addition to that the 3-hour December exam will be entirely on the book of your choice and a sight passage, so your dedication is expected…..”

Oh boy, Alexandre sighed, as he heard of the 2 main evaluations. He clearly knew of the higher expectations and heavier workloads of the courses he will be taking this and next school year. He however didn’t take account of the real-ness behind it before then, Already he was handling lots of work in school, and with hockey season just around the corner, it seemed that he’s working overtime, compared to most of his friends. I hope I’ll not die over this, for this semester, He thought to himself, then went back to the lecture. People’s preferences were being listed by Elder Maskipitôn and he didn’t want to miss out on Stuart Garland, a well-respected sports writer,’s book.

Alexandre fortunately had a spare period right after, which meant that he could sleep for 2 hours and 30 more minutes. So right away he did, trying to make sure that the alarm clock provided by his bed will wake him up 12:30. Normally he, for his sleep breaks in morning-lunch hours, slept at a room in basement of Wadena Memorial Arena that was provided with a bed for a hockey-related personnel or any player who used the arena. He was not the only one using this bed during school hours, but most of the players who had spares had them at afternoons, so he didn’t have to worry about some other player waking him up until 12:31 at least, just in case if he goes overtime with his rest.
..........................................................................................................................................................................

At the very afternoon they practiced some of the tactics they have been working on. The season and home opener against Three Rivers High School certainly was a big deal by all means, and with the Lakers expected to win the Division title and might make a run for Provincials, it was extremely important for them to start this very well. They’re now at the locker room, using the video clips of their opponents in order to analyse their game ahead of the practice. Right now, they’re watching a clip of a playoff game between Blainville-Boisbriand Armada and Attawapiskat Avalanche at last Conference Quarterfinals. Coach Duval had felt that the opponents reminded them of Armada, with excellent shutdown players in right system, so he decided to show a key element in the play large core of players haven’t been practicing a lot lately, forechecks and backchecks.

Video clip slowed what he had exactly meant. The scene first started at the southwestern corner of the ice, so at the Armada zone. When the video started it showed Paul Hemsworth (position: LW), trying to make a move with the puck while skating in front of Lucien Ryu. Lucien Ryu made a forecheck that got him the puck. Successfully intercepting the movement, he then passed it right down to Dominique Abenaki, his linemate who’s stationed just by the bench. Right then, through series of long passes and then at last a behind-the-door pass with Abenaki, Ryu passed the puck in what was a sharp pass to unguarded Jesse Clapperton in front of the net. Clapperton then buried it, breaking the ice with his first of 4 goals in what eventually became 6-2 Armada victory.

“This is why we need to forecheck lot more often, with clear emphasis on who to do so.” Commented Coach Duval, before turning around and poking his hand at the board. “It’s important to do it in all spaces, but when it comes to them focus on specific spots. Three Rivers likes to score, using point Blanc shots. Otherwise they usually score off some scramble in front of the net. So it’ll be important to intercept the puck along the boards, or in neutral zone, before it’s too late.” Then he resumed the video, fast forwarding it to the 15th minute past 3rd period, to show another thing.

The segment began with Stanislav Markov picking the puck from the back of the net, before making a pass to Brad McCrimmon at the centre of defensive zone. The #29, a fantastic skater, started to accelerate his pace as he entered the neutral zone with his linemates. This time, 4 of the Armada players were all clotted up in neutral zone however, and it wasn’t long before he quickly had to pass the puck back and forth, before receiving a rare hit from Zigores Novak and losing possession.

Once again, we can see from here why we lost last November.” Stopped Coach Duval, before giving his comments,”They knew how to shut our offence down, and they most likely will try. In order to do so, we need to get them out of position through constant shifts, unpredictable plays and whatever it takes. That’s what we’ll practice over today and tomorrow, before the game. Now, off to ice!"
Once he said that, all players took their sticks and started leaving the locker room, knowing that they’ll be on ice for 2 more hours.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 am

Super-Llamaland Ice Tigers

Style Modifier: -2.236

First Line Offense

#26 Carlos Fernandez, LW (Assistant Captain), 22
#13 Ryan Allen, C (Captain), 30
#9, Brett Jekyll, RW, 25

Second Line Offense

#10, Derrick Carthage, LW, age 27
#31, Derek Marshon, C, 25
#11, Barry Smith, RW, 28

Third Line Offense

#4, Allen Bradley, LW, 27
#17, Leandro Benton, C, 21
#59, Michael Lenovo, RW, 31

Fourth Line Offense

#33, John Hernandez, LW, 28
#29, Alex Peters, C, 31
#8, Chris Roeser, RW, 31

DEFENSE

First Line Defense

#12, Kevin Louchuk, D, 24
#14, Nick Drevin, D, 25 (ASSISTANT CAPTAIN)

Second Line Defense

#19 Lou Barnett, D, 22
#22 Alexander Jacobs, D, 21

Third Line Defense

#57 Ty Lor, D, 31
#62 Brad Lee, D, 22

Fourth Line Defense

#19 Sebastian Inriques, D, 24
#29 James He, D, 31

GOALTENDERS

(starter) #1: Jack Acin, 28
#0: Lewis Carter, 29
#2: Brett Zhang, 30

COACHES
Head Coach Chris He
Assistant Coach John Dawson
Assistant Coach Edmund "Bwahaha, that guy's named Edmund" Harrison

RP Permissions: Whatever you'd like! (TG me for godmodding first)
Last edited by Super-Llamaland on Sun May 25, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Hicana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hicana » Sun May 25, 2014 10:11 am

Group 4
Cassadaigua 6–2 The Mechanical Monasteries
Hicana 7–3 Zeneabo
Nassau-Hessen 3–3 Caek of the Wolfen

The Ansilla Gazette
Flyers Thrash Zeneabo 7-3

--THE ROYAL BARANGAY:: Our Flyers got off to a great start at the WCoH, netting an astounding seven goals as they soundly defeated the unranked side from Zeneabo by a score of seven to three.

HIC 2 1 4 7
ZEN 1 1 1 3

Things began pretty normally for the Flyers, as the opposing squad came out with three abysmal runs at the net. After the third, Jim Drevin went for the charge, passing to Josh Carlson, who in turn flicked one off the pole and into the stick of Harry Stanton, who slammed it into the back of the net. Zeneabo recovered with a goal midway through the period, but Carlson, the lifeblood of the offense this year if today could be any judge, came up the flank and slapped one through the goalie's legs late in the first. Two-one, Flyers.

Zeneabo, surprisingly, converted defensive carelessness from our squad, possibly a little complacent after their successful run last time, and split the defense, dishing one to the other side of Ryan Reagan and tying things up. However, it wasn't going to last, as 18:45 into the period, Bennett Barnett received a Stanton pass and scored to make it 3-2.

Thus it began.

With the second line on, Justin Alvarez went up the court, destroying the Zeneabo defense, and passing to Allen Jones, who scored to make it 4-2. Alvarez and Jones each got another to make it 6-2 before the five-minute mark. With Hicana playing their best hockey ever, Carl Smith got one of his own with the clock at 7:15, sealing the game at 7-2. While Zeneabo would challenge and get another goal, five goals in eight and a half minutes gave the Flyers the first win in what could prove to be a great WCoH.

Flyers or Fliers? Hicana in Uproar

When Hicana published their roster as the "Flyers", nobody thought much of it. But recent controversy made people wonder if the more popular spelling "Fliers" could, or indeed should, be used.

"Nonsense!" cried noted hockey commentator Jean Les-Parinnes. "Flyers is the traditional hockey spelling. There is no need to change this!" However, noted grammar enthusiasts, such as Karthur Relent, author of "Semicolons for the Healing Mind" and "The Short yet Essential Punctuation Guide", which was eighty-four hundred and six pages long, dissent.

"Fliers is the correct spelling!" Relent's secretary, Reginald De Las Casas, declared, waving the Short yet Essential Punctuation Guide and breaking both arms in the process. "We must portray a professional image; therefore we must change this at once!"

The government could not be reached for comment, saying something about how everyone was seceding from Hicana and they therefore had more important things to do.
THE HOLY SOVEREIGN STATE OF HICAÑA
President: Antonio Sandoval
Population: 650,000 (plus 550,000 in Nevo Esperanso)
Area: Something around the size of Tirana (plus a Bangladesh in Nevo Esperanso)

We're going through another phase right now. REMOVE INFIDEL!

Borschlandia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Borschlandia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:54 pm

An opening loss, with heads held high
by Kadmus Greningen

The good news is that Borschland tallied four goals in its inaugural World Cup of Hockey game, a respectable number.

The bad? Our opponents scored six, the last being an empty-netter.

And although the fortress that is Heiko Moordfors was touched for five of the goals, Borschland should be proud of this effort, that with less than a minute to go in the last period, we were within a tally of the champions of the world.

I expect that newspapers all over Borschland and the Continent have been tempering expectations for this game, proud as we are of our hockey. But we should hold our heads high, and ready ourselves for the next game versus Semarland, for our effort never flagged. The men of Gyatso-Kai were stalwart when they needed to be, playing a game at times of almost praeternatural precision. At other times, they seemed to lose focus, knowing that this is the first in a long set of matches.

It might have been easy for the Flying Bison to ease up on the throttle after going up 3-0 in the first period on goals by Ishii, the veteran Tao, and Skirata. The Swans of Borschland were in their first match in this ultra-modern nation. They might in turn be forgiven for being blinded by the bright lights and deafening recorded music of the Sundari Times Forum. Or by the roar of 20,000 fans chanting their motto, "Vode An!" ("Brothers All!") over and over again.

But Chrojstenkaamps and Lindemoor, inspirers of the first order, must have worked some magic, for at the end of the second period, here we were, tiny Borschland, trailing 3-2 and looking like going for more. The goals were not pretty. In general, the play was muddled, as neither team played consistently.

Our first came on a rebound; Tjard Meern found himself in front of the goal when a six-player scrum allowed him to stuff the puck under Avatarian netminder Hotaka Zhao's skate. A general uproar indicated the opponents thought Meern had kicked the puck into the net. A video recording of the play (amazing invention, though not in my opinion a better witness than a human being) indicated Meern's trusty twig had indeed put the plug home.

The second goal was Ganesmund's, a wrist shot from the right point, and a prettier arrow never pierced the hide of a Flying Bison. The last period was see-saw, hotly contested though again not uniformly elegant. After Ishida scored with Ishii's assitance to make it 4-2, here was Joris Sudmaas cherry-picking in front of the goal and deflecting a cannon shot from Reinhardt over Zhao's glove. Not the way we usually play hockey in Borschland, but the rink was confining to say the least.

The defender Hiteki scored on a power play for Gyatso-Kai to put the home team up two goals with four minutes to play. And then Habel Baarda was tripped on a breakaway and awarded a penalty shot, which he converted with a typical Borschic feint and backhand flip.

5-4 with three minutes to go, then two, then one, then Moordfors was taken out when we won a faceoff in their zone. That is when Ito, their most skilled defender in my opinion, simply took matters into his own hands. When Ishii won the faceoff, Ito received the puck, sidestepped two Borschlanders and launched it spindling down-ice. It hit the post and went in.

In every way a game of ice hockey about which each team can be proud, and yet unsatisfied. The young goalie of Gyatso-Kai, Zhao, was never unsure, but perhaps a bit distracted. Yet he was brilliant at times and outplayed our Moordfors.

Reinhardt, for his part, got only one assist on his deflected his shot. Afterwards, he said that the arena and the ambience reminded him of what had been his dream, to play in the North American NHL. "I'm priviliged to play on this team and in a country that loves its hockey so much," he said.

We will go back to Borschland with a loss, but perhaps with a bit of respect on the world stage. The next game will be at our hallowed Te Rujnk, against Semarland. You may be sure the nation will all be there.

Part 2

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun May 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Tommy's Blog

Once a boy called Dragonborn came to school and said "I can kill dragons". Oh, hello! So as you know it was my plan to go out today to the game. But, and this is a big but, I lost my ticket when it fell straight into my bowl of hot nachos, then my ticket was covered in cheese, burned to a crisp, and dissolved to ashes faster than an electronic babysitter. And yes, it melted, yes. Fortunately though, I found a ticket just lying in the street, just lying in the street! HA! So now that I had my ticket, it was up the stairs, into my gameday gear, and off to the airport to get to New South Aqmuland. Let's go into detail, shall we?

After a long car, I mean, plane journey, I finally arrived in New South Aqmuland around 8 AM in the morning. The airport was horrible, the people smelled like rotten pizza, and I got hit with a hot potato right in the - as me and my friends walked out of the terminal, we had to go through customs. Oh no, not another one of those customs things again. Surely not. "Stop right there," said the man at customs. "Where do you think you're trying to go?", there was silence. No one knew. I finally said, "I can hypnotize people". The man at customs looked awful, he looked like he had never heard anything quite so horrible in all his life. He just sat there eyes staring, tail stiff, dead in the face. He stopped breathing. Then he just fell over and died. Huh, that's a shame. I yelled out, "You can't catch me, I'm Murvin Alexander!" as me and my friends ran past customs, out the airport, and into the cab faster than an electronic elephant.

Later on a man turned up 'round a way, he had a big butt mustache, and he said he was an inspector. I thought "Oh no, not a-not another one of those ticket inspectors. Surely not.", he said he wasn't going to inspect our tickets, ohyeaibethesaidthat. But he he was going to inspect my brother David. So then he went creepy-crawly over to David and stuffed his flappy blue hands into his trousers. "OWWW!" he shouted. He ran and ran until he was all the way to Jamaica, I mean, the hotel, faster than an electronic hamburger.

Later that evening, we went out to the game. When we got there, there was no security at the stadium. No one was in, no cops, no event staff, nothing. Yeeaah, it was time to fuck about. We were halfway to our seats when I thought "Why don't we go up to the scoreboard room and watch the game from there? It'll be great.", Yeah, everyone said, it'll be great. So we took chocolate and nachos and Cokes and went up to the scoreboard room where you could see the entire rink. Fantastic! I posted the scoring summary below. After the game was over, we tried not to stick around the scoreboard room for long and went out. Right as we stepped out a voice called out "Hey! What're you doing in there?". It was Harrybo. He wasn't dead, it was just one of his tricks.. He pulled out a guns and started shooting at me and my friends. There was an awful yelling and cry and the noise of people dying and then a guy came out with a megaphone and said "Quick! Get out! Get outta here! Harrybo's escaped!". So we all got up and ran out the arena as fast as we could. Oh no! The moment I dread when Harrybo comes back, and finds me here, and tries to kill me. I dashed down the street, down the highway, and back to the hotel faster than an electronic windmill. And everything was lovely once again, wonderful, then we went home.

Well, that just killed about 30 minutes, hm? Right, the game was great. Even though we gave up three goals, that damn rookie goalie. Thankfully that damn pretty boy Junkins didn't fuck up too much otherwise we'd lost, Junkins! Anyway, our defense is a bit mucked up, but I'm sure we can fix it? It's no big deal, it's just all Jessica's fault, right? Anyways, here's the scoring summary:

SCORING SUMMARY

PERIOD 1:
Torisakia-Cassidy McKenzie-LDM 12:31
Torisakia-Jason Junkins-RDM 7:12
END OF 1ST Torisakia: 2 New South Aqmuland: 0

PERIOD 2:
Torisakia-Jessica Holbrook-C 15:55
Torisakia-Kristen White-LWF 4:03
New South Aqmuland-*Unknown*-C 0:32
END OF 2ND Torisakia: 4 New South Aqmuland: 1

PERIOD 3:
New South Aqmuland-*Unknown*-RWF 14:42
New South Aqmuland-*Unknown*-RDM 5:32
Torisakia-Cassidy McKenzie-LDM 15:45
END OF 3RD Torisakia: 5 New South Aqmuland: 3

T'was a good game from both sides, despite giving up three goals near the end of the game. But that's all Jessica's fault, correct? Right, so we play Nova Anglicana next, who beatdown Flammable American States 7-0. They're a huge threat to our defense, but then again they did play a newbie team full of shady players who refuse to have their names mentioned. The Ice Birds should be able to hold on and win or at the very least tie, despite the talent of Nova Anglicana. But that's nothing to believe, they could be bluffing. Would you believe it?! They're hussling us. Gah, we I post here tomorrow those turtle fuckers are going to die, I swear, swear they will!

Comments:
1. TinyRocks: The classics of Murvin's stories. Fantastic!
2. penuts: Does Murvin call every team "turtle fuckers"?
3. wally: Harrybo died? When?
15. KatanaSoul: Why so much hate on Jason? What did he do? Is Murvin jealous of him? CONSPIRACY!
16. SadioRhack: Why does all the destruction that happens to Murvin involve nachos? O_O
17. hockeymask17: @SadioRhack Maybe Murvin has an addiction to nachos.
18. BagOfPlamz: @hockeymask17 Murvin should join Nachos Anonymous lol ^_^
38. IceChips: You can easily tell Murvin is still in love with Cassidy. *click* Noice
39. wally: @IceChips I wonder whatever happened between Cassidy and that guy, who was it "Kal Skirata", from Gyatso-kai?
40. Ripped2D: @wally I heard Cassidy blocked him on FB but recently unblocked him. Not sure if Kal knows yet.
41. penuts: I wonder if a love triangle between Kal, Cassidy, and Jason will arise. That'd make for some good stories by Murvin. :D
See all comments(26,962 )
See other comments(77,071)...
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun May 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Opponents Go Up in Flames As Lions Roll on MD1

Martin Granger, Staff Reporter

The Nova Anglicana Lions were looking to get off on the right foot in their third attempt at qualification in the World Cup of Hockey, and it's safe to say that they did. Their opponents, the Flammable American States, were burnt to a crisp, losing 7-0 and never really challenging the Lions. The Lions are a veteran squad this year, but their younger players and newcomers played just as big of a role in this marvelous effort.

The first period started with a bang, as the FAS center won the draw and within eight seconds, a hard, heavy shot was launched at veteran netminder Andrés Kelly. Kelly snared the puck in his glove, and that would be the best chance the FAS would get all game. The Lions struck first, as Rene Robinson smashed in a rebound of a Kermit Lea shot at 0:54, and the fans at the National Arena were roaring less than a minute in. Just a few minutes later, at 5:41, Hank Weber scored his first international goal and assuaged our fears that Roger Day's skates would be too large for him to fill. Matt Grier was hooked at 10:12, and Troy Parker fired in a bullet from the left side at 11:45. Kermit Lea, the veteran right wing, closed the scoring at 14:24 with a quick flip from the side of the net. Tallies after 1: the Lions had 4 goals to 0 for FAS, had committed no penalties to two for FAS, and had racked up 18 shots to just 7 for the States.

The second period was a little calmer, but no less exciting as newcomer Ellis White and U20 star Ricky Knight, both 4th-line players, scored their first international goals, White on a breakaway at 8:41, and Knight off of a pass from Doug LaRose at 12:22. Marq Brint was called for interference, but the Lions killed the penalty off easily. The second period was a blur of skates and passing, as the Lions tried to build on their lead and keep the puck away from the FAS. Derek Jensen added a goal on a breakaway at 14:11 of the third period to close the scoring. The Lions completely dominated this game, outshooting the FAS 41-19 and committing just one penalty to four for the FAS. The Lions looked like professionals playing against amateurs, though not quite as much as some of the other top teams.

Vilita & Turori made mincemeat of Mochria, winning 12-2, while the Fair Republic defeated Mizuyuki 9-2 and Vaugania destroyed SJT to the tune of 11-2. In our own group, Torisakia had a tougher time than expected with New South Aqmuland, winning 5-3, while HopNation and Crystal Empire played to an uninspiring scoreless draw. Up next for the Lions is the aforementioned top seed Torisakia, ranked 7th in the world, who finished 4-3-2 in WCoH 23, earning the 17th seed in the playoffs. They defeated the Fair Republic 6-3 in the play-in round, Equestrian States 4-3 in the first round, then lost to Havl 5-4 in overtime in the second round. They are a veteran squad and cannot be underestimated, though they may be doing a little underestimating themselves, as certain Torisakian media outlets have proclaimed this "the easiest group ever for Torisakia". The Lions will need to be on their game as they travel to Torisakia for a much tougher game than against the FAS. But the Ice Birds should be on their guard as well. The Lions are coming for a playoff spot.

More from nasn.nov
Baseball looks to bounce back against Diegstra
2nd Beltane Cup next competition for Lions football
Knight on first goal, playing with senior team (Video)
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun May 25, 2014 3:46 pm

KSN Channel 1 Hockey

So get Herpesbegone today!!!...

And now back from our commercial break.

The Kolmya National Ice Hockey Team played The Sicoutimont National team early this morning, with Kolmya coming out on top 3-2. Kolmya's scorers being, in chronological order, Oleg Zakhorov (3rd 17:50), Everich Lukmir (3rd 18:23), And Konstantine Typukov (3rd 19:04). Lets revisit some of those spectacular plays...

"At 17:39 in the 3rd, Zakhorov passes right, Yolkin centers the puck back to Zakhorov, fakes right, shoots left. SCORES!!! KOLMYA NARROWS IT TO 1!!! Zakhorov wristed it to the left, after deking to the right. The Brass Bonanza rung out throughout the Pine Palace.

"At 12:05 in the 1st, Kirill Nikitin skates up the left boards for the puck that was dumped up by Sicoutimont's offensive defense men. Number 14 of Sicoutimont pins Nikitin to the boards, while Number 5 skates on with the puck at the blade of his stick towards the Kolmyan goal. Shoots it at the top post, rebounds in off of Number 6's skate. Woah. They need the referees to review this. Referee's talking about it. Referee coming out, "After review, play has been ruled goal". Oh and the fans aren't happy, not one bit here in the Pine Palace. Might have to get the ice girls out here. Oh, yep. Pizza, popcorn, ice cream, beer, soda. Wow. "

"18:23 in the 3rd, Nikitin skates it up the middle. One touches it past number 5, snaps it at Number 1. Knocked down by the blocker. Lukmir is there. Shoots. SCORES!!! 30 SECONDS AFTER THE LAST GOAL, KOLMYA TIES THE GAME!!!"

"This Video shows exactly what happened for Kolmya to win"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FCeKqfv7Q
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports