NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 68 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:58 am

Opprobrium

It was a black mark on the soul of the sport.

Two years ago, the movement to end the inequality in Gordonopian football was met with violence, assault, terror. At first it seemed isolated; a few merciless reactionaries. For a time the fear was greater. Conspiracy. Foreign support. Escalation. War? As those concerns faded, the void was filled by a revelation just as dark. Foreign support had not been the only lifeblood of the bloodshed. The very man who could have made the movement's goals come true with a word was quite possibly the one fighting most viciously against it.

That someone so high in the hierarchy of Gordonopian sport could orchestrate, or even cover up, such an act would have been unthinkable before it actually occurred. In the Empire, the upper echelons of the sporting world were populated by those who had tested their mettle for years. Won their accolades on the pitch, the course, or the front office. Proved their total devotion to the pseudo religious 'game'. Their opinions on what was best could certainly differ; that was simply reality playing out. Enforcing their opinions through raw violence though- no, that could never happen.

How was it that Daniel Marcus became the shame of a nation? What set him on the path from former player and devoted manager to closeted fanatic? Why in God's name did he allow the deaths of tens of innocents, the attempted murder of more, and the maiming of hundreds?

The answer, of course, is not a simple one. It is a tale of history. A tale of experiences. A tale of instability. It is the story of a man driven off the edge by little more than a potential for change; restraint lost, morality shattered.

To divine the future path of football in Gordonopia, though, the answer must be revealed. It is rare that one man break the very foundation of a sport, but in the Empire Daniel Marcus did just that. In order to rebuild, that crack must be made clear.

The opporobrium must be laid bare.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 am

WORLD CUP 68 QUALIFYING
Group 18: How will they shape up
by Edric Conciso

The World Cup season is on again!

With the Agilang Dilaw at number 72, they stand a chance of qualifying for their first World Cup finals in Legalese and Free Republics with a bizarre format: the top three teams qualify for the playoff that will determine who's in and who's out. Basically, with the group draw done, the Agilang Dilaw prepares for a relatively easy group compared to some groups which can be considered as groups of death. But who knows? This might well be a group of death depending on circumstances.

Without further ado, let's look at the teams in Group 18.

The Inevitable Syndicate
WC Debut: World Cup 63 Cycle
WC 67 Cycle: Finals Round of 16 (lost 4-3 to Vilita); 1st in Qualifying Group 4 (42 pts)
Past meetings: none

The Syndicatians had a strong showing at their first World Cup finals. As World Cup 66 co-hosts, they finished fourth after losing their third place playoff against their co-host Audioslavia. The next cycle saw them finish their qualifying stage at the top of their group and carrying momentum towards the Finals in Cassadaigua and Equestrian States. They finished the group stage unbeaten, but met a Vilita side full of confidence after topping the group of champions. The end result was a Round of 16 exit for the Syndicatians.

With the Barangayans never facing them before, Rick Martinez must put build his lineup that can keep up with the top seeds, and he might get assistance from the Baudelaire Tulips keeper Kenneth Apolinario, but I think that the manager will field his strongest side for Matchday 3 and 10 meetings at Estadio Olimpico and at Flynn Arena respectively.

Prediction: 1st, probably unbeaten, but not certainly a perfect record, as I'm looking for the Agilang Dilaw to hold them at Sangti.

Astograth
WC Debut: World Cup 55 Cycle
WC 67 Cycle: Finals Group Stage (4th in Group F); 1st in Qualifying Group 7 (36 pts)

After four cycles of non-qualification, Astograth has returned to the Finals stage after holding off the challenge of Vilita and Saintland. They wrestled the lead away from the Sanctii and they never looked back, as they finished level on points with the Jungle Cats, but holding the head-to-head advantage over them. In the finals, Olibondeka finished bottom of Group F, a group contained Valladares, Apox and Blouman Empire. This edition, they will look to do the same again with The Inevitable Syndicate and The Royal Barangay their biggest challenges this season.

Like the matchup against TIS, Martinez will also look to field his strongest 11 for the games in Matchday 4 and 11.

Prediction: 2nd, their matches with TRB will be exciting, but I am also hoping for a scalping from the Agilang Dilaw.

The Royal Barangay (Formerly Sangti)
WC Debut: World Cup 65 Cycle
WC 67 Cycle: Did not qualify for FInals; Round of 16, CoH 59 (lost 3-0 to Super-Llamaland); 6th in Qualifying Group 14 (18 pts)

The Agilang Dilaw had a disappointing qualifying campaign last edition, as 18 out of a possible 54 points was all that they could muster. The inability to beat lower ranked teams has costed Jaime Faltado his job, and a futile effort by his former assistant Niccolo Abundo has confounded the Barangayans to its worst points total in three qualifying phases. However, their grit and fighting spirit enabled them to get an invitation for their third Cup of Harmony in as many qualifying cycles entered by TRB, and then-interim manager Rick Martinez guided them to another Round of 16 appearance, albeit from a field of 24 teams.

Their Campionato campaign got to a hot start, as they were boosted by the nation's co-hosting of Esportiva's regional showcase. Unfortunately for them, they were booted out by eventual third placers Paradystopia at the quarterfinals, via a 3-4 penalty defeat. Now, 41 men have been called up to showcase the true force of the Agilang Dilaw.

Prediction: 3rd, should they have a perfect record against lower ranked opposition.

Carialus
WC Debut: World Cup 66 Cycle
WC 67 Cycle: Did not qualify for Finals; 6th in Qualifying Group 12 (20 pts)

Making their debut in the 66th World Cup Cycle, Carialus is a fringe name in the sporting multiverse. Their closest attempt at scalping a high ranked team was a 1-1 draw with The Licentian Isles last edition, but they have been capable of beating opposition of lower pedigree, and will be a challenge to the Agilang Dilaw if it happens again this time around. But I may be wrong this time.

This matchup may give some uncapped players their first taste of international football, as Martinez is willing to give some boys a chance to prove themselves to the main squad.

Prediction: 5th, unless they win matches against lower ranked teams, which will certainly push them up to fourth.

Star United States
WC Debut: World Cup 60 Cycle
WC 67 Cycle: Did not qualify for Finals; 7th in Qualifying Group 5 (17 pts)
Past meetings: SUS 0-3 TRB [post-CoH 59 friendly]

They debuted in the 60th edition of the World Cup, but Star United States have not made an impact yet. They returned in the 66th edition after a brief absence, and they will look to have a strong performance out there to prove their worth in the sporting multiverse.

Many Barangayan players may see their international debuts, but it would depend on the situation come matchday 14.

Prediction: 4th, but expect them to lose twice against the Barangayans.

New South Aqmuland
WC Debut: World Cup 68 Cycle
WC 67 Cycle: Did not enter

This team made an appearance at the recently concluded Baptism of Fire, but failed to progress out of their group due to the bloody head to head inferiority over New Wolfopolis. This team will look to bounce back from that unfortunate elimination, but they will struggle dearly and could prove to be a match against unranked sides, but against higher-ranked teams? Dream on.

The lineup for the first match against this team will be revealed later in the show.

Prediction: 6th, with their only wins against unranked teams.

Aritian

They are considered to be the weakest team in this group, despite being in Pot 7. Nothing is known about this team, and Lorick Mangabay will have a handful of scouting to be done to ensure that the Agilang Dilaw will come to the match equipped and prepared.

This could also see the debut of some younger players in the team (i.e. Apolinario, Yago, Leron, Marchadesch, Amio and Escuro).

Prediction: 8th, need I say more?

New Mumford

Like Aritian, little is known about this team, but with a copy of their roster sent to the KPMB, all Lorick has to do is send scouts in the matches of New Mumford to observe them. But the enthusiasm of their media sheds some light into the identity of this nation, but like Aritian, will struggle to find wins early in the campaign.

And with that, another opportunity for the younger players.

Prediction: 7th, won't win their matches against TRB, but will win against Aritian.

There you have it. All the teams in Group 18 covered. Unless Rick Martinez finds a way to keep a perfect record against lower ranked teams, the Agilang Dilaw will be rated lowly in the football multiverse, but with the format the hosts are implementing, they should take advantage of it to have a chance of making their first ever World Cup finals.

WORLD CUP 68 QUALIFYING
Squad for first two matches revealed
by Edric Conciso

SANGTI - With The Royal Barangay hosting New South Aqmuland before making their trip at Aritian, Agilang Dilaw manager Rick Martinez has released the squad that will play the two relative minnows of Group 18. Mixing experience with youth, Martinez has decided to call up Kenneth Apolinario to start the NSA match and Lezfer Yago to start the Aritian match.

PROVISIONAL FULL SQUAD:
Matchday 1 (23-man home team)
Goalkeepers: Apolinario, Dimal, Villejo
Defenders: Apuntar, Ang, Docdoc, Bayona, dela Vega, Prudente, Ortiz, Arboleda
Midfielders: Legaspi, Magsombol, Mateo, Docto, Amio, Marchadesch, Senosin, Taguiam
Forwards: Jardinico, Canapi, Villejo, Escuro

Matchday 2 (18-man away team)
Goalkeepers: Yago, Apolinario
Defenders: Ortiz, Arceo, Nicolas, Prudente, Perez, D. Cablayan
Midfielders: Amio, Marchadesch, Leron, Taguiam, Legazpi, Senosin
Forwards: Escuro, Canapi, Villejo, Jardinico

However, Martinez stressed that the lineup is still provisional, subject to changes due to injuries and/or suspensions.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Kazamatsuri
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazamatsuri » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 am

No offence intended, honest!

So, World Cup's around the corner again, eh? Boy, time sure does fly.

Still, there's nothing to be excited about, is it? Sure, we get to play our hearts out on the pitch. Sure, we're gonna enjoy ourselves to the fullest while we show off our skills against our groupmates. Sure, we'll taste the sweet, sweet nectar of victory a few times - unless we spontaneously combust on the field in every single match.

But that ain't gonna change the fact that we're hard pressed to get fourth place, let alone secure a playoff spot.

On one hand, purists and the fans of the aesthetically pleasing Mizuyuki - our cousins, in a manner of speaking - will be looking forward to a third successive Finals qualification. Placed in a group with a declining Saugeais and fairly unheralded opponents who should be swept away by their blistering attacking play, chances are that the Nova will be on the plane to either the Federation of Free Republics (them snooty buggers) or Legalese (you'd better pray no one gets sued). First place looks eminently achievable, let alone the third place needed to advance to the playoffs for a Finals spot. On the other, our Kazamatsuri literally have their backs against the wall. Qualifying when seeded fourth was always gonna be a huge ask, don't get me wrong; but you know Fate must be conspiring against you when you end up with the reigning world champions in your group. As if PIS wasn't enough to deal with, we have the likes of Baptism of Fire finalists Florgania, who will surely be champing at the bit to upstage their more established groupmates; and regional neighbours New Wolfopolis, who - despite only making their debut in this cycle's BoF - exhibited some quality play before crashing out against Lord Yveltal's all conquering minions of doom (who still managed to get eliminated despite being threatened with execution by the mighty - man? Pokemon? - himself.)

Right, that's pretty much enough rambling. Let's move on with the Kazamatsuri group preview. Unlike the horrendously biased, prettied up, snot-covered pieces that usually appear in your average media franchise - what we have here is the naked, bare assessment of the Group 14 teams in WC68. None of your ass-covering here. No skewed opinions, no lies. In other words, WYSIWYG. If you don't know that acronym, go and Google it or something. Maybe ask your mamma. I'll refrain from making a 'Yo Mamma' joke here, if only to preserve my wafer-thin veneer of professionalism. Trust me, it does exist.

A preview for the professionals, by the professionals. Let's get started.

Polar Islandstates (a.k.a PISspot)

Yes, you most assuredly did not read that wrong, nor do I have a particularly acute case of myopia, thank you for your concern. That's right, we got PIS; the goddamn defending champs, and they'll most certainly be PISsing over the rest of the group from their perch atop the KPB rankings. As if that wasn't enough, dear old Morten Rasmussen apparently got high all of a sudden and decided that last cycle would be a good time to win the World Cup after delivering what, a couple of hundred cycles of heartbreaking pain? I'd like to ask him what he smoked.

*shouts* "Hey Rasmussen, what d'ya think you're smoking over there in Franz Josef? Mind if we import some?"

Yes, despite assurances that some supplier in Nexxus Drako is willing to sell us tonnes and tonnes of their patented PeaceLove-5 drug (or some sort of snuff, anyway), I'm not gonna trust them to supply a World Cup winning drug. No, sir - far better we get some of the PIS stuff. At least we can console ourselves with psychedelic visions of us lifting the World Cup, when we're actually holed up in the FA and drinking our own tears after getting our asses handed to us on a platter by the Terns.

Mark my words. PIS are absolutely pissing good, and they won't settle for anything less than the crown. Mind you, they'll probably lose the World Cup final on penalties this time around.

Prediction : PIS to thrash every single one of us and clinch Group 14 at a canter. I'm backing them to go something crazy like P14 W14 with a goal difference of +200 or thereabouts, but that's only if someone doesn't manage to channel the spirit of the Fantabulous Weegies ... in that case, all bets are off.

Eastfield Lodge (a.k.a dem Doctor Who wannabes)

When someone says Eastfield Lodge, I can't help but think of Cthulhu. Don't ask me why, I have no frigging idea either.

Ranked just within the top 50 in the KPB at 49th, Eastfield Lodge is something of a mystery - they inevitably show up and strut their stuff, with their monsters and abominations preening about like the models at a Miss Universe pageant, and they inevitably fade away slap in the middle of the home straight. When was the last time they qualified? I can't remember, and my footie-crazy, 97-year-old grandpa says he can't, either. I wish I could summon the spirit of my great-great-great-granduncle from the depths of Hades and ask him the same question, but I have a sneaking suspicion the answer'll be the same.

Before I make someone look as if they'd just finished peeling onions for their dear old mammy's Caesar salad, I'll just say this - given their record, the Eastfield Lodge team have about the same chance as a snowball in hell of qualifying. They might come damn close, but I expect somebody (hopefully us, although that might just be wishful thinking) to pip them to the final playoff spot.

Oops. Need some tissues there, brother? I have a huge stack prepared just for you, don't worry!

Prediction : EL aren't gonna go far in this WC, much like they haven't in the last hundred or so WCs. Tipping them to suffer last matchday heartbreak and lose out on goal difference, eventually finishing fourth. So close, yet so far. Yes, I know I'm an inveterate sadist. Third is a distinct probability, and they'll crash out at the first playoff tie if they do get that far.

Qazox (a.k.a The One That Will Never Win a World Cup, Ever)

The saying goes "if Qazox wins a World Cup, the multiverse will immediately collapse". That's the Kazamatsuri version, but I'm reliably informed that several more saucy and insulting versions exist out there in the depths of the multiverse.

Are they doomed? Are they cursed? By whom? Nobody knows. What we do know is that the Qazians are an eccentric bunch that's somehow fated not to win the World Cup, despite being around for almost as long as the golden oldies and even longer than current WC champs PIS (did I mention that they're pissing good?) Anyway, Qazox are the third seed in Group 14. You'd think they stand a good chance of making the Finals, having gone without for the longest time and literally being seeded to advance, but the Qazian press seem to be oddly downcast and pessimistic about their chances. Perhaps they think we're just too good and are making excuses for their non-qualification in advance?

Their support is waning, their morale is low - how in heck do they think they're gonna advance like this?

Prediction : Qazox to suffer the most serious collapse in their footballing history and hand out points like it's Christmas. Yes, even to the likes of Taslantis and Olastor. Fifth would be a genuine achievement; sixth seems eminently probable.

Florgania (a.k.a The First Loser)

I'm beginning to think I have a rare talent at cooking up nicknames for our groupmates. Florgania - BoF runners-up, and by extension the first loser. They stood in the way of the irrepressible Zenic, who already have the U15 World Cup and the BoF sewn up in their debut cycle - and got absolutely annihilated. I won't deny that second in the BoF is a truly respectable achievement (neither Mizu or Kaza even advanced to the second round of their BoFs), but I really, really don't think they have the requisite pedigree to challenge for a playoff spot.

What I see now is a young team, brimming with talent and potential, basking in the glory of coming second in the BoF. What I expect to see after the conclusion of World Cup qualifying is a bunch of bedraggled players limping home, feeling sorry for themselves after the WC regulars show them the harsh reality of the WC. Pro tip - it's nothing remotely similar to the BoF. In fact, the BoF must seem like peanuts when compared against the WC. Fancy playing in the sandbox, kindergarteners?

They might yet turn into a phoenix, but they're still a young chick. For now. Witty analogy is witty, yes?

Prediction : Very difficult to call. I think they'll challenge for a playoff spot but ultimately not have enough in the tank to really pose a problem to the perennial WC teams. Fifth would be a reasonable prediction.

New Wolfopolis (a.k.a Newborn Wolf Cubs)

Hmm ... have you ever seen a wolf cub? Not hard to imagine them tottering about clumsily, blundering around looking for the comfort and guidance of the mother wolf, is it?

New Wolfopolis are essentially that. They have sporting pedigree, which is more than can be said for some of the Group 14 teams, having history in several sporting tournaments including the World Baseball Classic and the Baptism of Fire. They performed quite credibly in their BoF, managing to progress to the round of sixteen before getting dumped out of the competition by Lord Yveltal's brainwashed minions - but hey, what is a Ro16 finish in the newb tournament compared to qualifying for the World Cup?

Nothing at all, that's what.

Their press coverage seems to hint at an underlying pessimism - apparently they 'don't see qualification happening'. Well, that's one of the major requirements for qualification gone - they lack self-belief. And trust me, without self-belief you won't make it very far. Alright, I guess you could argue that they're merely being practical, but hey, why not indulge in dreams? It probably ain't gonna happen, but that doesn't mean you can't play your hearts out and hope against hope for a miracle to occur.

I'm backing them to give a good account of themselves. I don't think they'll make a playoff spot, but they'll certainly give it their all. Miracles can happen, y'know?

Prediction : As with Florgania, this is a tricky one. Fifth or sixth, but they could finish as low as seventh if things don't go to plan.

Olastor and Taslantis (a.k.a The Random Duo of Suckers)

I won't even waste my breath talking about them. Seventh and eighth, although one of them might be able to lock up sixth if New Wolfopolis slips up.

Prediction : Didn't ya hear me? I said seventh and eighth!! Now get off my lawn!

Kazamatsuri (a.k.a The Crazy Environmentalists)

You see that? I give no quarter when it comes to nicknames. Ah calls it as ah sees it, yah suckers!

Rounding out the suspects are us. Kazamatsuri, the Crazy Environmentalists.

It's been three cycles now, and in every one of them we've managed to obtain middling mid-table finishes. Not too much to brag about, but certainly a country mile better than the bottom feeders that prop up our groups. Talent abounds within our team, but the question is whether they can find the motivation and the fighting spirit to advance beyond our existence as a mere mid-table team to emerge as world-beaters a la PIS. We've lacked cohesion at times, and there's a conspicuous lack of defensive workrate within our team, but I'm confident that coach Mihashi can work some of her magic and fix all our troubles with a wave of her coaching manual.

Time will tell whether we can qualify, but I'm cautiously optimistic. If all else fails, we'll just slip some of our trippy drugs into the water cooler and pray that the opposing team gets a burning thirst just before kickoff. An astute move if there ever was one.

Prediction : Second. We have the conviction, we have the desire, we have the spirit. We need to step it up a notch, and I believe that this will be our cycle. Hey, I might be off by a mile, but it's always nice to dream, right? Right?

That concludes my preview for Group 14 of WC68. Shoot me an email if you've got any questions or rants or whatever. I'm outta here to play some football.

PS - I was lying when I said we'd be hard pressed to get a playoff spot. Hope y'all don't mind.
Last edited by Kazamatsuri on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Scattered Isles of Kazamatsuri
Demonym Kazamatsuri-jin/Kazamatsurian | Capital Yuigahama | Trigram KZR | Population 7,293,721
'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant ...
it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.'
<Vettrera> You're scooping what I'm pooping
<Kinitaria> You're not here to tell us we're all destined to burn, so you're doing religion right
11:34:23 <+Val|WI> Felix should be dead by now
11:35:07 <Felix> But I am noooooot
11:35:20 — Yui-nyan|Kaza chainsaws Felix
11:35:24 <Yui-nyan|Kaza> You are nooooow

Buyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:02 am

”And with this, the last nation has discovered its opponents for the upcoming qualifiers. If we summarize it, I would especially remark that Buyan can be found in group one, where the three main competitors for the play-offs will be United Gordonopia, Jeru FC and Albaie. We open our round of matches with a game in The Nine, against Baptism quarterfinalist Drekkevaas. Back to you, Simon.”

“Thank you very much, Erik, who followed the draw on location for us. So, gentlemen, if we take a closer look into this all, what are the opinions? Can we qualify for the World Cup?”

Upon expressing those last words, he calmly bows over his desk, removes his glasses and raises an eyebrow. Years of experience have taught him that all those at home are warned with this gesture for incoming strong opinions. But his guests wait, stammer a bit even. That Harald Naess, vice-captain of the squad, wouldn’t be inclined to speak up can’t be much of a surprise. Throughout most of the broadcast, the rock solid midfielder with the velvet pass, answered questions with platitudes. Too much a diplomat, indeed, there is a reason why Simon Huvl had asked his director for a more talkative player. A Zemaitis, by example, would always been good for a ‘I want to go abroad and play for some Apoxian or Mytanar side’-quote.
But the least his other guests could have done would be to ignite the fireworks. However, Mekas, a former Pajukas Sport coach and regular guest on these shows waves his hands around a little and whispers something like ‘everything is possible’. And Zarnevidis, who received unmatched popularity after winning the Globe Cup with Viztourzys Kolektyvinis, looks straight forward, trying to redirect the attention to others. Eventually, it’s the lesser known fish in the pond that bites.

“I think that is the minimal requirement.”

His name is Eligijus Paruczwek and one can be sure that the Buyanese who have checked in on this show will recall his face from this point forward. Naess, sitting opposite to the scruffy forty-something year old man, can’t hide his astonishment over this bold expression. He already knew that the new assistant coach wasn’t blessed with a lot of football knowledge, but that our lord and blessing (not to be confused with Lord Almighty Greg) had refused to add tactfulness to his skillset was a news update he had preferred to skip.

“And what makes you so sure upon this,” Simon smiles, glad the action finally started, “after all we’re only fourth seed?”
“I do agree that United Gordonopia is a fierce contender. A World Cup qualifier. But for the second, play-off, spot, I feel that we can match Jeru FC and Albaie. The latter are struggling with domestic issues and their attack is too young to grab results, as one could conclude from the well-known proverb ‘too young attacks don’t grab results’. And Jeru FC has a thing with missing out World Cups by an inch. And with public nudity, come to think of it, although I’m not entirely sure how that affects their results.”

Paruczwek triumphant smile disappears like a snowman in a sauna upon seeing how baffled the others around the table stare at him.

“Ehm, Eligijus,” Simon breaks the ice, “that was last year’s qualifying system. This year it is a top-three spot that...”
“That makes it even easier!”

Across the overtly enthusiast Paruczwek – being on national television for the first time does astonishing things with people – Naess shakes his head.

“I meant to say,” Simon concludes, “that those teams partake in play-offs. The group winners amongst one another, and those of them who lose battle against the winners of the seconds-versus-thirds competition.”
“Well...”

Paruczwek freezes, as if a small part of his brain just melted. Trying to diffuse the situation, Alexei Mekas points towards the first confrontation.

“One must agree with Eligijus,” Mekas explains, “that making it to the play-offs certainly should be the target...” –‘yes, that’, Paruczwek whispers’ – “... and that to do so, one should start with winning against lower seeds. We’ve done that perfectly last time around, scoring eighteen points against Greater Watford, Olastor and Albos. It was the base for a very respectable first qualification round. If we can win against Drekkevaas in the opening game, we’re off to a good start.”

Although he mentioned little newsworthy, Simon decides to go with that train of thought.

“Indeed, the upcoming game against Drekkevaas. What are your thoughts, Harald?”

The Bengtsmark IF midfielder clears his throat and wiggles a bit on his chair before responding.

“They’re not to be underestimated. Their Baptism of Fire run was promising, if I recall correctly, and their striker Gerhain Faschi is quite a punishment.”
“Bwah...” Zarnevidis interrupts.
“Do you feel,” Simon always knows an opportunity for discussion when he sees one, “that’s incorrect, Edgaras?”
“Certainly,” the Viztourzys gaffer continues. “If you would look closer into their footage, you’ll note that they gave a major disadvantage. Agreed, they score easily, but their midfield is too offensive. When the match goes on and on, these guys get worn out and a major gap between midfield and defence creates. Guys like Sverre Devold or Frederik Wallenberg should be able to make use of that.”

Clear and correct analysis in a football program, what an abomination. Mekas tries to disagree at once.

“But, hardly anyone got goals past Ausplatze during...”

*ZAP*

Within a second, three things happen simultaneously. Gerhard, the old man who sits in the armchair near the window so often that the cushion has formed around his firm buttocks raises his hands in dismay. Kurt, the son of the man who holds the remote control in his hand starts to yell to his father. And the client who sits in front of him, a retired office clerk who is best known by his nickname Shades, starts to scream as if someone smashed a pair of sharp scissors into his head.

“For fuck’s sake, Kurt,” Helmut Salheim, known across the small town of Hallning as the man behind the counter in ‘Barber Shop Salheim and Son’, shouts, “watch out what you’re doing!”

Blood slowly drops both from the head of Shades and the pair of scissors Kurt is holding.

“Sorry Shades,” the latter shortly apologises, “but why the hell did you turn it off? It finally got interesting!”
“Bah, the same old baloney over and over again, you dumb fuck. We’ve heard it all before. Buyan shall win this and that... They even couldn’t make it to the final of the Beltane Cup. Accept it, of our generation, The Sarian and Yttribia have slipped past us but no one dares to say it out loud. You’ld say that Paruczwek is the clown but listen to me, they all are.”
“Even Naess?” Gerhard interrupts the gentle father-son conversation.

Helmut waits an instance. His resident – if one says to Gerhard he probably sits in the barber shop all the time to evade his wife, he nods with a saddened face – does have a point.

“Not on the field,” Helmut agrees, “not on the field. But he’s a football player, not some... some... talk-guy.”
“But those shows finally learn you something about those teams we’re facing. How many of them we’ve played so far? None!”

Even Shades agrees, despite the fact that the red, sticky stuff has formed a blot on his head in which one could hide a small children’s arm.

“You know what I would want to learn?” Helmut asks, pausing on purpose to allow three pair of ears to bow into his direction, “Who will play for us!”
“It’s not that much of a surprise,” Kurt starts to count on his fingers, “Zemaitis, Tufte, Bartkus and Refshauge as back four, Zermin and Naess behind Wallenberg, Devold and Halmiini...”
“And probably Mattisson in attack,” Gerhard completes the list. With no players left to name, Shades slowly nods. Come to think of it, Shades seldom does something else.

“And in goal?” Helmut grins, “Who’ll play there? Seber won’t be back before the next World Cup qualifiers and if the whisperers are right, Anders Bergh will never return at the highest level!”
“Well, there is Saldlund...”
“Saldlund? Oh, go away. I know he probably starts, but he’s shite. Shite, I tell you. The only reason he is on the team is because he’s a Bengtsmark guy. Them Bengtsmark managers have invested so much in him, they can’t afford to drop him.”
“And Erhardt,” Gerhard tries, knowing very well what the response would be.
“That... Poor excuse of a goalie cost us the Beltane, I’ll tell you that,” Helmut spoke, partially fired on by the Pallstadt-hate any good god-fearing Hallning citizen has.
“I’ve read that Hope called up Palle Angst as third goalie,” Kurt adds.
“Palle... Angst.”

If one would be unknown with the ins and outs of Buyanese football, he would think that Helmut Salheim spoke the name of a venereal disease or a recently caught serial killer.

“I’m not even going to start about him.”
“But,” Gerhard opposes, “what are the alternatives? Indeed, three young guys with lots to learn left, but who else is there? They’re not going to ask Sjogren to return from retirement!”

Even Helmut hasn’t got a handy response to that, but that doesn’t stop them to balk on a bit more.

XI facing DREKKEVAAS @ The Nine, Dyatinsk, 45,000 tickets sold

Erbald Saldlund
Gabriel Refshauge – Sigurd Tufte – Bronius Bartkus – Kazimieras Zemaitis
Harald Naess – Quinten Zermin
Eero Halmiini – Sverre Devold – Frederik Wallenberg
Elmo Havelund

No major surprises in the line-up for the opening game of the qualifiers. Saldlund did better... Well, less bad than Erhardt in the Beltane Cup and gets positioned between the sticks. The regular four in defence, maybe Castell, Wreczius and Lupeikis are a bit disappointed not to be on the sheet, but Hope opts for a slightly more attacking line-up against a theoretically weaker opponent. Havelund instead of Mattisson in attack, as the latter suffers from a minor injury. This promotes Duco Dalmshelf to back-up attacker, par with Crassus Hopp.
From Some Village
'Bu', like in 'book'. 'Yan' like the cyclist 'Jan Ullrich'.
RP Population: 22 million
Overenthusiast and slightly naive Republic ruled by Sil Moen
State of Economy: deplorable
Weather: cold
Atmosphere: less depressing than before, but only a bit

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:21 am

Group 4

Ko-oren
The Greenblues, back for their unlucky 13th cycle, missed out on qualification last time. With a weird playoff system this time around, it's going to be needlessly difficult, but at least our team has a decent ranking to back our qualification aspirations. With a 3-2-3-2 formation, that could as well be 8-2, the team is going to try to be the least conceding team in the qualification part of the World Cup for the first time. In last cycle, Saintland conceded 5 in 16 games, versus our 7 in 16, so we got close at least. And we still didn't qualify. But neither did Saintland, so attack might be the way to go. In World Cup 66, we conceded 4 (but Taeshan three-upped us by conceding 1), so we finished second in that regard again. In World Cup 65, we qualified for the World Cup but our defense was nowhere, and in the 64th edition we only conceded 9 in 18... but there were a few teams that did better.

Sargossa
The Corsairs play a daring 4-2-3-1, so business as usual for our defense, who are used to playing against attacking teams by now. Also, this might be a team that is, on average, older than the Greenblues, who figured? Lucena and Cifuentés bring down the average a bit, but their aging offense and old defensive midfield make us think of our own team. We start with a home game against them on day 2.

Filopines
See Sargossa, but even more attacking. And instead of a midfielder, they just stuck another striker in there (4-2-2-2). The Filopines, with an inexperienced manager, should prove to be another fun day for our defense. It's like this entire group is there to test our defense and get wrecked by our counterattack. Without midfielder Rhett, the team is younger than our on average. With Rhett, they pass us easily.

The Sarian
See Sargossa, but slightly less committed to offense. Congrats to the Bustards for being the most sensible team so far! They also play 4-2-3-1, but they like to be flexible with their starting eleven. There are only 5 30+-year-olds in their entire roster, and two 15-year-olds, no less.

Mastille
A team, that could or could not focus on offense. They might play quite defensively, and they definitely have eleven players to do exactly (or be slightly creative with) the things that their manager (which they undoubtedly have) says to them. Their players are all between 1 and 400 years of age, presumably.

The Icemark
A very attacking defensive team. They keep their defense close to the opponent's half, which can completely backfire with a few agile attackers from our side. However, their team is the first sensible and tactical team, and we hope they go far. They might want to play with 4 actual defenders though, not two fullbacks and two more players that like to be wherever they want to. How they combine this with being defensive is something that puzzles our best tacticians.

Agrincourt
Another 4-2-3-1, but this time a team doesn't use it to mindlessly go forward. Still, they like to have possession, so we can expect a 20-80% possession ratio for their game against us. We might have an answer to their weapon (counterattacks): not attacking in the first place, thereby not leaving many players on their half, thereby not leaving space for their players to take advantage of. We're calling 0-0 already.

North Arabia
Another team, that will play us twice over the next 14 games. Surely they will have 11 players, and some more on the bench. They could have a home stadium and a manager, even, and there could be some fans that may wear a certain color to denote they support North Arabia. The exact nature of this color is unknown to us, but surely we will find out by match day one, when they should visit our national stadium. We can't be sure if they already arrived here, but hopefully they have, they have to play a game within 24 hours.

Schedule
v. North Arabia
v. Sargossa
@ Filopines
v. The Sarian
@ Mastille
v. The Icemark
@ Agrincourt

(invert for matchdays 8-14)

Four home games in the first seven days, so we have to make the most out of that. We even face Sargossa on day two at home, so we must keep the three points home. In the final seven days of the campaign, we play away games at Sargossa and the Sarian, while we face Filopines at home again.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:17 am

THE EMPIRE TIMES

QUALIFYING PREVIEW

After a disappointing World Cup last time out and a disastrous AOCAF Cup campaign the Blouman Empire will be looking at continuing their stellar World Cup qualification performance and qualify for a 5th consecutive time. Henry Emergaton has made a number of changes bringing in fresh players bolstering the strength and capabilities of the squad.

The Eagles have been placed in qualifying group 24 and will be coming up against the likes of Antoletia, Estope, Falcus, Jeckland, Scorpio, UzBenistan and Total n Utter Inanity. While the odds have the Eagles to finish top of the group they will be quietly weary of Antoletia which will be looking to make it to the World Cup for a third consecutive time. Captain Hamish Alpin remained quietly confident over the announcement of the draw “They will be tough games but games that we will be able to win with the right attitude”.

The retirement of Robert Schmitz left a big gap in the team’s forward line, the longest serving player and highest goal scorer was never going to be easy to replace but a young man who has been excelling at a domestic level has been called up to play in his first World Cup Qualifiers; Michael Walkers. Walkers has been the star signing of Pulaner Sunday and in the past two years has been a key player in his club’s recent glories helping them win their first piece of silverware for 15 years and qualifying for a place in the Blouman League of Champions. Walkers mentioned that he was surprised when he first heard he would be playing “I never imagined that I would get this opportunity it is a great honour”. Speaking to the media about his selections Emergaton focused on Walkers stating “He will be the linchpin between the midfield and the forwards, and will no doubt bring his immense talent to the squad as he has with Pulaner Sunday.” Emergaton has also selected John Miller and Michael Relston to replace Oliver Easton and Ian Nerdan respectively whom were unceremoniously dumped after poor performances during the AOCAF Cup. Unlike Walkers both Miller and Relston have international experience having been part of the Blouman squad for the 29th DBC Cup an experience that will no doubt help them perform on the international stage.

Players to Watch

Hamish Alpin MBE: As Captain Alpin will continue to lead the team pushing the most from his players and ensuring they remain a tight knit unit. He is a top flight central defender to marshal the back line and will be an instrumental player in shutting down opposition attacks

Percy Baser: A versatile and aggressive player a steadfast player for his side Longate, the midfielder will take control of the right side of the pitch with ease and will be the main influence in the centre of the pitch. Baser tends to play forward a little too often making the right back work harder but his style contributed to a large number of the Eagles goals in the previous qualifiers.

Blaine Cooperson: Cooperson was only brought into the squad at the start of the previous World Cup qualifying stage but since then has gone on to play 22 international games scoring 13 goals. While he had a slow start he soon found his feet and showed that he has a knack for scoring goals. Cooperson has been in strong form of late for his side Stafford and will be wanting to carry that over to the qualifiers.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

McKleigh
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby McKleigh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 am

The McKleighvian Daily

World Cup 68 review. Once again McKleigh is participating in the World Cup. The last time we as a nation stepped onto the biggest stage of the NS multiverse was quite a while ago, WC #55 to be exact, and BOF #42. Only a very few players on the current roster played back then. So why are we back? The recent passing of long time manager Conan Wallace at the age of 79 has sparked a revived interest in the sport here in McKleigh. He has been replaced by his star pupil and McKleigh's best known and most talented player ever, William Bruce. WC#55 players Finnean Kilgour and Ronan Stewart have come on board to help and they will have former team mates playing under them. William Bruce's son Willard is also listed as a reserve. McKleigh will be fielding an older than usual starting lineup bringing back some players from WC#55 to give some experience to the squad. The youngest of these veterans is Taran McIntyre at 29 who was 17 and a starter and who will have the pleasure of playing with younger brother Terry this time. Brian McDaniel is still the starting keeper at 31. Star WC#55 forward Donovan McNeil return for what will likely be his last hoorah. At 35 "Lucky Lefty" Luke MacMillan was going to start but will instead be backing up young prodigy Jonah MacGrough who at 15, is expected to do big things for McKleigh. Other vets include Lincoln McKleigh, Sean Robertson, and Jake McPhryce all three of whom will not be keeping the bench warm this time as they did in 55.

McKleigh did not qualify to participate in the Baptism of Fire and are unranked so there is quite an obstacle to be overcome to have any opportunity to advance. Below is the schedule.
Mar 24 @ Equestrian States
Mar 25 vs Patistan
Mar 26 @ Zwangzug
Mar 27 vs Zwannswijik
Mar 28 @Iturributa
Mar 29 vs Grandham Islands
Mar 30 @ Levivania
Apr 1 vs Equestrian States
Apr 2 @ Patistan
Apr 3 vs Zwangzug
Apr 4 @ Zwannswijik
Apr 5 vs Iturributa
Apr 6 @ Grandham Islands
Apr 7 vs Levivania
Pleez forgiv my spellin. I wint to govermint fundid skoo.

Senator Jefferson D. Stonewall
District 278, Ortsond
Member of Libertarian Party of Aurentina

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:34 am

Baptism of Fire 55: A Recap

this is a compilation of my BoF match reports, along with my own new report of my QF loss to Florgiana

Jeckland 2-2 Costa De Ouro

Today Jeckland drew with Costa De Ouro. The match started well for Jeckland, with King shooting wide on 4 minutes. Costa De Ouro came back strongly, hitting the bar in the 9th minute. However on 17 minutes, Henriques' cross was met by the head of Hoonas and went in to the net. The Jeckland half of the stadium erupted in noise. Jeckland continued to dominate, with Barker forcing a smart save out of the keeper from a corner. However just before half-time a Costa De Ouran player skilled up Pressley and scored. He celebrated by diving head-first into an advertising board, injuring himself.

The second half started well for Costa De Ouro, with a spate of fine saves from Evans keeping the scores level. However it was only a matter of time before a delicious one-two finish put Costa De Ouro ahead. Both players involved in the move dived headfirst into an advertising board. Jeckland then had 30 minutes to level up. King forced a good save and Nollard's long shot skimmed the bar on its way over. But then a through ball from Nollard allowed King to sidefoot home, levelling the scores.

In stoppage time, Hoonas dipping free kick forced an unbelievable save from the Costa De Ouran keeper. He celebrated this by diving head first into an advertising board. Costa De Ouro had already used their three subs replacing the other players to do this, so their striker went in goal for the corner. Nytnanga headed it goalwards but by some miracle the striker saved it. He celebrated by diving head first into an advertising board. But it didn't matter, the game was over.

Jeckland 1-0 Lojal

Jeckland earned a hard fought 1-0 victory over Lojal. As the match kicked off, John Birmingham was pictured.

Jeckland pushed forwards, and Barker scored from a corner. John Birmingham was pictured again.

Soon after half time, Pressley almost scored an own goal. The "Lord Protector" was pictured again.

Lojal pressed, but couldn't score. The final whistle went, Jeckland celebrated, and John Birmingham looked like this.

So Jeckland win, and John Birmingham is an expressionless pot-bellied midget. I struggle to understand why Lojal worship him, and do his bidding while he sits on his arse having fast food delivered to him. I urge the people of Lojal to revolt against this useless gelatinous mass.

Jeckland 4-1 Blackclyffe

Jeckland powered to a dominant 4-1 win over Blackyclyffe, with four different scorers. The match result was overshadowed however by the greatest goal Jeckland has ever seen.

They won a corner in the first minute.

Hoonas took it short to Nytnanga, just outside the corner of the penalty area.

He held it up.

The defenders were confused.

Hoonas was sprinting, seemingly going nowhere.

He moved towards a point dead centre of the pitch, 25 yards out.

Nytnanga passed the ball to this point.

Hoonas ran towards it at full pelt.

Surely not.

He made it, hitting a thunderous drive with that magical right foot.

It curved into the top corner.

The rest of the match paled into insignificance. No-one will remember Nytnanga's goal in the 40th minute, King's in the 65th, or Grefschips in the 79th. A couple might remember Blackyclyffe's bizarre celebration of their goal, in the 89th minute, where they all took their shirts off and all were booked. A few will remember the 4-1 scoreline. But everyone watching will remember THAT goal. It will live in their minds as long as they live.

Jeckland 1-0 Texacano

There were jubilant scenes at the end of Jeckland vs. Texacano, as The Spuds claimed a 1-0 win to go through to the round of 16.

The first-half was a bit of a non-event, with both teams cancelling each other out in midfield. A few long shots went over, with the only real chance being when a Texacano striker was put through one-on-one only for the ball to be whipped from his feet by Evans. The striker then proceeded to give the bemused Evans a hug.

However, after half time Jeckland came out with fire in their bellies. King, Hoonas and Al Fatyah all went close. The Texacans gave them all hugs. But it was Carlo Henriques who found that something extra on 67 minutes. Recieving a pass from Hoonas, the winger jinked inside his man before firing home left-footed. The Texacan left-back gave him a vigorous hug, however the referee interpreted this as assault and sent the player off. He hugged the ref as he went.

Jeckland continued to dominate, but in the dying seconds of the match they got a scare. A Texacan striker was through, with only left-back Hermanez to beat. He ran round. Hermanez went in for the slide tackle. If he messed this up it would be a red card and a penalty. But with perfect execution, he slid the ball out for a throw. And if that wasn't enough, he won it off them from the throw. The ref blew his whistle, to be drowned in hugs from the Texacans and cheers from the Jeckish. They were four wins away from BoF victory.

Jeckland 2-0 Scorpio

A consistent performance form Jeckland puts them in the quarter-finals of the Baptism Of Fire as they defeated Scorpio 2-0. They started well, pushing forward and creating chances, but it was Scorpio who carved the best opportunity in the first 10 minutes, with Eressos hitting the bar from 12 yards. However on 14 minutes Herakleides was tackled by Nollard in the centre-circle, who quickly passed the ball to the onrushing Hermanez. Hermanez ran to the byline on the left hand side and put in a cross, which was volleyed thunderously into the net by the oncoming Nollard.

This goal gave Jeckland confidence, and they pushed forward looking for another one. King forced a smart save from Agapetos and Hoonas' swerving shot clipped the outside of the post. It looked as if Scorpio would escape the barrage, however on 43 minutes King was fouled in the box by Daminaus, who was booked for complaining. Hoonas stepped up and placed the ball into the bottom left corner, just out of Agapetos' reach. It was 2-0 at half time, but Scorpio could still come back.

Jeckland came out all guns blazing in the second half, looking to get a third goal and kill the game off. Grefschip, Nytnanga and Pressley all went close before the hour mark. However Scorpio started to get a foothold in the game and create chances. Phyrrus missed two guilt-edged chances. But Jeckland were being forced to defend and you could cut the atmosphere with a sharpened stick.

However, Jeckland defended like Titans, battling valiantly for every 50/50 challenge, rushing to intercept every loose pass, However, Scorpio looked sure to score on 81 minutes when Phyrrus' shot was parried by Evans straight towards Kyriakos. He thumped the ball, but somehow Evans was there to make a stunning save. Jeckland stopped Scorpio having any other chances and the final whistle went. They were in the Quarter-Finals.

They will play Florgania, who beat Rarugan 3-1 in their match after winnig 3 and drawing 1 in their group. Jeckland also had a 3-1-0 record in group play, and also won their Ro16 match by two goals. This should be a tight one.

COME ON JECKLAND!

Jeckland 1-2 Florgiana

Ummm... *weeps*

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT.

Who cares?

Zenic maybe

But not us

We have bigger fish to fry

We have a gigantic fish to fry

The WC Qualifyers

We can qualify

If we play our best

Our real best

Better than we did at that Baptism of Filing, or whatever the stupid competition was called

We can do it

We don't even need to use full stops at the end of our overly dramatic sentences

We can do it

COME ON JECKLAND!!!
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 am

On The Lash With The Lads

Bloody hell, another World Cup qualification campaign. Seems like only months since we were last here, but hey ho lets go Kalumba and all that jazz. As usual we see key players pulling out of the squad with 'injuries', almost certainly one that will require the attention of a proctologist in the case of screaming faggot Ben Rowlatt, and foolish fans insisting this is our year and our time to qualify.

These people are idiots, and we all know it. George Davies also knows it. We will not ualify from a tough looking group, not just due to the nature of our opponents but because the team we have is young an still gelling as a unit, perhaps in three or four years they will be able to challenge with best in the world for a place at the proverbial high table of qualification, but until then we should be happy with fourth place and a shot at participating in the Cup of Harmony. But even that will be a bonus.

Mr Spleen
You know the drill, he's an arse and whatever shit he spouts has nowt to do with me the editor, Kalumba or OTLWTL. If you want to sue you'll have to find his black arse first.

And as she was so succesful last time around, here she is the acclaimed mystic Pisstake Peg:

Group3
The Holy Empire
Paradystopia
HorusLand
Kalumba
Nassau-Hessen
Torisakia
Ditka
Serebro

Look at that for a group eh dears? Well the sspirits have been unusually kind to me, no thanks tot eh increase in alchohol duty by that basterd Muzer... wotisface. But good friedn Bagrain Buuze has a half pric offer on so my fiends have spoken and hrere is hte final group tabel:

Group3
Nassau-Hessen
Paradystopia
Ditka
HorusLand
Kalumba
Torisakia
Serebro
The Holy Empire

As is to be expected The Holey Bum-pire concede a record 65 ogals with their leaking defence and finish bottom whee the belong with Serewho. Kalumba as usual do something or other and end up wherever and everyone cheers them home for omething ro nothing. Woderful flowing football sees Nassow-Hezzen top the group and go on to finish runner up, or not, in the finals proper and newcomers Ditka finish strongly but miss out on qualificaatino by a point or more. Now if you'll excuse me it is last h'orderves at the bar and I have a taste for the finer things, and chep and free ones too.

(We deciphered this as best we could, but it was written in well we'd rather not say on a dirty beer mat. We hope you get the message)

Wilhelm Mpanzi chuckled his way through the now worn and battered fanzine which the men of Greyhound Company had all been reading for the past few days. Other than the odd lads mag it was the only reading material available in the miserable FOB out here in the drylands of the Cutline on the border with Songhia.

Despite his outward chuckle Wilhelm was sighing internally. It had been months since he had had any leave and had been looking forward to watching his beloved Kudus take on other hopeful nations for a place in the World Cup, but as usual his plans had been dashed. The bastards over the border were once more descending into civil war and that meant trouble. So as members of the 1st Company (Greyhound) of the Kalumban Independent Companies, they were deployed to the inhospitable northern zone of the border to watch for incursions into Kalumban territory.

The terrorists who plagued his homeland were based in Songhia and would once again take advantage of the chaos to obtain arms and then try and raid the country they were 'liberating'. So Greyhound was out on the border to watch. As Lieutenant of the 1st Platoon Wilhelm and his men were currently resting at the base while the 2nd and 3rd platoons were out on patrol and ready for deployment respectively. For now they could rest and enjoy the grumblings of Mr Spleen but within days they would be on the border and back in the lions den.

Even as he thought this he saw the radio operator running from his hut...
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 am

Kandorith, Towards Glory!

By Lisho Yaru

Head coach Xíanjí and his staff applaud a Kandorese victory.

It is that time and hour again, the qualification rounds for the World Cup and Kandorith announced their participation with an almost unchanged squad. With Xíanjí Hatema firmly in charge of the national team the fans expect a lot. Xíanjí himself expects a lot too he already made clear during a press conference. He also ensured that he would accept nothing else than qualifying in this World Cup campaign. The numbers speak for themselves; Xíanjí is the most successful coach for the Kandorese national team ever. With 4 terms as head coach and the outlook bright, he is all alone on the top of longest serving coaches. Meanwhile in the popularity of the players of the national team, Yatá Hasébe had to make way for Méng Zeijí, currently the most bought shirt and by far the most known player in the team.

The previous World Cup campaign for Kandorith was the most successful one in the Kandorese Football Association's history, with finally reaching the World Cup, even though eliminated, Kandorith established their best result ever against all odds. This time the mood and the expectations are even higher as the team starts their extensive training campaign. We asked the coach Xíanjí if he is troubled by the draw, his answer was very assured and calm. "I believe we can make it, the draw is actually in our favor with only one team we really have to play at our very very best and hope we can at least snatch a draw, which is Audioslavia. The coach said. "Naturally we have to perform at our best against every team, but the match against Audioslavia deserves special attention, what I want to achieve is an upset in the football world." the coach said laughing slightly.

An ever confident Xíanjí completely ready for the World Cup campaign, with an ever ready national squad behind him. Will this campaign be another run for glory for Kandorith? The fans think Kandorith might even pass the World Cup's group stage this time and really establish themselves as a true football nation. The whole nation is looking forward to this and prayers and festivities have already started to honour the Kandorese national team.

The odds are indeed looking good for Kandorith with a rather average, not to be underestimated group. The Kandorese team is among the highest ranked teams in the group, which means they have to prove themselves every single match. We all know how the Kandorese team performs when they have to prove themselves, every single time when they had to, they won. The updated training facilities, sponsorship offers and of course the fan's confidence in the team are among the greatest morale boosters. The polls already show Kandorith passing the group stage before the World Cup's qualifying campaign begin. The Kandorese team is looking towards and aiming for greatness.
Last edited by Kandorith on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:47 pm

GROUP 24 - JECKLAND SPORTS VERDICT

With the World Cup qualifiers drawing near, let's have a look at Jeckland's group, shall we?

The Blouman Empire
Debut: I don't know, it was before Jeckland knew of international nations.
KPB Rank: 14th
WC67: Qualified as Group 10 winners with a 14-2-0 record, 3rd in Group F with a 1-0-2 record.
Record vs. Jeckland: None

Undoubtedly the most dangerous team in the group, The Blouman Empire look set for top spot, maybe second.

Antoletia
Debut: Cycle 47
KPB Rank: 31th
WC67: Qualified as Group 8 winners with a 10-4-2 record, 4th in Group E with a 1-0-2 record.

A strong second seed that will want to push Blouman Empire all the way for top spot.

Estope
Debut: Cycle 62
KPB Rank: 67th
WC67: 4th in Group 6 with an 8-4-4 record

The third seed will be confident of reaching the playoffs, bettering their position from last time.

Falcus
Debut: System error- Unknown
KPB Rank: 93rd
WC67: Fifth in Group 4 with a 4-6-4 record

Fourth seed will want to build on mid-table finish and push for playoffs.

Jeckland
Debut: Cycle 68
KPB Rank: 199th
BoF 55: Won Group D with 3-0-1 record, lost in QF to Florgiana

That's us, fifth seeds! Can we make up the huge rank gap and push for the playoffs. It's a big ask for one of four debutants in the group.

Scorpio
KPB Rank: 238th
BoF 55: Knocked out in Ro16 by Jeckland
Record vs. Jeckland : Lost once 2-0

Damn thou Margaret! The team we knocked out to reach the QF's of the BoF is back for more! Can they get revenge?

UzBenistan
KPB Rank: 291st
BoF 55: 3rd in Group with 2-0-2 record

Young nation shouldn't pose any problems for top six.

Total n Utter Inanity
Debut: Cycle 53
KPB Rank: None

Why? Oh well, games against them should be a laugh.

So these are the teams The Spuds must do battle with; now the fixture list please!

MD1: @ Falcus
MD2: @ Total n Utter Inanity
MD3: vs. Scorpio
MD4: @ UzBenistan
MD5: vs. Blouman Empire
MD6: @ Antoletia
MD7: vs. Estope
MD8: vs. Falcus
MD9: vs. Total n Utter Inanity
MD10: @ Scorpio
MD11: vs. UzBenistan
MD12: @ Blouman Empire
MD13: vs. Antoletia
MD14: @ Estopre
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

The Icemark
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

History Of Icemark Football Part I

Postby The Icemark » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Six years ago, after the conclusion of the 65th World Cup, the WCC hauled TIFA (The Icemark Football Alliance) to court and banned them indefinitely from international competition for allowing governmental interference in the sport. The nation has still not recovered from the terrible effects of the decision. With faith in the nation's football system gone, sponsorship was pulled from the Icemark National Football League with only half-a-season played. Not being able to fund the continuation of league, resulted in all matches being called off and the eventual collapse of the league altogether.
Now with a new committee at the helm of TIFA and the imposed global ban lifted, the Icemark are preparing to begin the tentative steps towards recovery of their domestic and national game. A new league has been established with sponsorship in place, and the national team are about to compete in their first international meeting in three World Cup Cycles.
The Icemark go into their group as sixth seeds, and whilst not expecting any miracles they are optimistic that their is enough quality in their squad to finish mid-table amongst the group. The stand-out draw of their group is in no doubt, Sargossa. The Icemark have played' the Corsairs' more times than they have played any other team on the international stage and they have proved to be a hindrance before. Back in WC60, when The Icemark were at their international peak and were on the verge of making the play-offs for the first time, defeat on the final day to Sargossa cost them their place on Goal difference. Two years the later, The Icemark cost Sargossa four points which in hindsight went some way to preventing 'the Corsairs' from getting enough points to make the play-offs themselves. That being said the Icemark have never experienced victory over Sargossa, and the likelihood is this new young squad won't be able to handle the superior Sargossa quality just yet.
Other than Sargossa, it is all new blood for the Icemark, never having faced any of their fellow competitors before in competitive action. The other big-match situations are the meetings with the group's top seeds Ko-oren and third seeds, Filopines. These two matches, like Sargossa, will probably see the Icemark come away pointless, but will be important learning curves for our inexperienced squad. If the Icemark are to pull off any upsets against the top 3 seeds, it most likely will come against Filopines as they should be able to counter-attack effectively against their all-out-attack style. Sargossa in themselves are also a very expansive team, but their direct style won't allow as many opportunities for the Icemark to break against them. Ko-oren will be the most difficult to overcome as they will not allow anything to get through their packed defence. The Icemark/Ko-oren encounter probably won't be pretty on the eye with the Icemark's direct but defensive set-up going against Ko-orens ultra-defensive line-up. Ko-oren should prevail due to their quality but it will likely be by a narrow scoreline.
The most likely chance of success comes against the bottom two seeds Agrincourt and North Arabia. Agrincourt are a supposedly good possession team, so could prove a bit of a problem as the Icemark generally in their history have struggled against teams that play the tiki-taka style. Not much is known about North Arabia, as they are yet to release any information. One can only presume they are holding their cards pretty close to their chest because they have a real ace up their sleeve, so the Icemark can't afford to underestimate them.
Jostling for position in mid-table is where the Icemark will most likely compete, and for this they need to get some results against the likes of Mastille and The Sarian. Both teams could potentially be the surprise package's in the group and with an extra play-off spot up for grabs they should defiantly be hungry for it. Mastille managed to reach the semi-finals of the recent Baptism of Fire, where they were only narrowly knocked out in a close penalty shoot-out by the eventual winners. The Sarian, on the other hand lost in the final of the previous Baptism Of Fire tournament, and have a cycle of experience at hand where they put in a valiant effort taking a few scalps along the way. The Icemark will need to get some points from the two of them to reach their expectations

A History Of Icemark Football
Part I: Origins

It begun 1400 years ago when the Greek tribe known as the Hypolitans migrated from their homeland and established a province in our northern lands. For many years the Hypolitans fought a fierce war with the Icemark natives, before the Hypolitan were accepted as vassals into the state. During the years following the war, the Hypolitans introduced the natives of the Icemark to a game known as Episkyros (a more violent, primitive version of the games current form). Whether this is where the modern game is descended from no one's really certain. Some scholars speculate that the actual game may have had more eastern routes.
Regardless of the actual origins it appears in the Icemark early football matches were not that far removed from the ancient Episkyros game. It was basically played under mob football rules between the northern villages as a way to settle disputes. There were no goals in this version of the game. The aim was to simply get the ball over the heads of the opposing team. That being said the game had certainly captivated the natives of the Icemark, and began to spread all across the land
The game gradually was introduced into the Icemark army. The Commanders used it as a training exercise to build up the strength of their recruits. They played regularly in the marshes and bogs of the Great Forests. Because of the physically demanding nature of the swamps environment it suited the reasons behind introducing it into the military system.
The first league recorded dates back to 1000 years ago. During the Great Wars with the Roman Empire, an overspill camp was established outside the city of Bendis for the refugees that couldn't be housed inside. During this time a football league spontaneously sprang up between the districts of the camp. It was also during this period that the game began to tame a bit, as new rules were introduced to minimise the violence and injuries the game caused. Also goals were introduced for the first time, probably in the form of ditches. These new rules were probably for the sake of the war that was taking place at the same time, but they had a massive impact staying in place after the war had concluded.
With the seeds now routed the game continued to be played and evolve for the next 900 years. Village leagues were established, and once a year at the Asgaard Festival representatives from the nation's dual capitals Frostmarris and Bendis would engage in a non-competitive game to improve relations between the two cities.
During the early 1900's the Icemark began to naturally conform to the universally accepted rules of the games that had now been established and were now being played across the globe, and the seeds of the first competitive league in the nation began to be sowed.
Last edited by The Icemark on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:18 pm

OOC: At the last World Cup, Valladares and I had a story going about a power tripping official trying to cling on to power, a government in confusion and crisis, a crashed airliner and a diplomatic timebomb. It's not nearly finished yet. This is set during the 67th World Cup qualifying stages, for reference.

Oh, and I did some RP's inspired by movies. Try and guess which one is the inspiration here.

Three men were gathered in a dark meeting room somewhere in Bastion, discussing what can only be described as the most important politics of the day. One was a senior member of the opposition, the Social Party. Another was a military officer. The third was a writer and left-wing political heavyweight who liked to pretend he wasn't a member of the alternative establishment. Yet here they were, three wealthy and influential men in a shabby warehouse somewhere in the unending gargantuan metropolis of Bastion. They had been discussing ways to overthrow the Capital Party lead coalition in light of recent events including revelations about the Defence Minister, and a plane crash in the Askoy Mountains which had started a mysterious cycle of infighting within the halls of government. Both party politics and the civil service were in sudden turmoil.

Waiting in a car outside was a man who lived in the shadows, a man who could only be identified by the highest echelons of the establishment. The Chairman of the Office of State of Intelligence. Perhaps truly the most powerful man in government, at the very least outside of party politics. Or at least he used to be. Now he was in a life and death battle to shift culpability for the suspicious destruction of a Valladar airliner onto the PM and his cabinet while also keeping the fires of political crisis surrounding the Defence Minister burning. The PM Jonathan Crow was the main target. Not a close ally of the Chairman like his Social Party predecessor Lafferton, Crow wanted the Chairman's head on a platter. The feeling was mutual; Crow has to go was the only motive the under siege head of the OSI could focus on.

The door opened and the Chairman's driver, Ernie, came back over to the car. 'They're here sir.'
'Good giddy marshmallows. Get me a cup of tea Ernie.' The Chairman got out of the sleek black car and strolled inside. They were still discussing what to do about their enemy Crow. 'Maybe we could accuse him of racism?'
'Well who would we accuse him of being racist against?'
'Presumably whatever races don't like the relaxation of capital gains legislation, or something.' The Chairman was greeted by a surprised look on the faces of the three men sat round the table who they evidently did not recognise. 'Sorry chaps, am I interrupting?' He closed the door behind him and caught his finger on the latch while doing so. He wounded himself but ignored it; the Chairman didn't have time to bleed. 'Do you know who I am?' The men remained silent and seemed confused...or at least two of them did. The officer held his hand up. 'I do.'
'Good. That means I can cut the bullshit pleasantries out then.' The writer remained confused. 'I don't know who you are. You going to tell us or what? We're supposed to be meeting a contact.'

After a pause for thought, the Chairman sat down and waited for utter silence before speaking out. 'You're always going to have problems trying to bring down a government all at once. Apparently the best thing to do is to divide the house into several factions, then take them down all together. Divide and conquer.'
'You haven't told us who you are yet. How do you know about that? Who are you?' The Chairman continued despite the interruption. 'Once you've created those factions, you need to bring them all down, not just some of them. Its no good attacking a government for being too divided to function if some of them are willing to keep on going is it?' Ernie entered to the surprise of the three men, before giving the Chairman his tea and leaving again. The Chairman took the most delicate of sips before continuing with his lecture. 'From my experience the best course of action to take, is to feed them to the media.' The men looked at each other with a noticeable degree of confusion. 'You've just got to take away the stories for a few days, absolute secrecy, rumours of suppression and the odd leaked detail, and the media will be hungry.' Another sip of tea was taken before he continued.

'They'll see the divisions in the government and see them in the same light that a nonce sees a kid in a bath because they've been reporting on nothing but human interest stories for a few days! You've got to trim the various groups agendas a bit to fit a tabloid printout and remove the reasonable moderates for the good of the media's ability to digest whats going on. You could do this afterwards, but you really don't want to be sifting through lawsuits trying to deal with the blame game for who did the dirty work now do you? The media will go through politicians like they were schoolchildren. You need at least two dozen major national outlets to get it all done in one quarter, which is why you should always be wary of media conglomerates who own more than three newspapers as they'll push you to the limit for a reward for their support. Media panic and outrage at a coalition administration throwing the national interest out of the window has always precipitated a government collapse in this country by no more than two months, hence the adage coined by the famed Euran politician Granville Jones, "The scythe of the morning tabloid is the blade by which the most pragmatic party falls."' He took a final sip, and discarded the tea.

The Social Party member responded with impatience. 'Well, thank you for that. That's a great help. Now who the fuck are you?' The Chairman rose ominously out of his seat, facing down the Social Party member with a grim look on his face. He suddenly looked a lot more imposing as he took a pause, before outlining what his role in this little conspiracy was. 'Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution, manifested by an appropriate agent. In this case, one powerful bastard. Me.' He opened the door for the three men and stood waiting. 'I am the answer to your problems, gents. Now if you could please piss off, I will contact you at my leisure to discuss our plan of action.'
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

German American States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German American States » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm

It's That Time Again...
World Cup 68 Qualifying Round Preview

By The Staatrichte Sports staff

It's that time again! The World Cup, now in its 68th edition, drew the groups for the qualifying stages, and as always, the Staatrichte Sports team is here to break it down. Der Adlerschaft, if you haven't noticed, is on quite a roll. Last cycle the Eagles took the bronze at the Cup Of Harmony and were runners up at the Campionato Esportiva IX. The team is on the brink of a large success, for example, qualifying for the World Cup, and this cycle is the perfect time to do it. Of course, the team's success largely depends on who gets drawn into our group, so let's check out the vitals of the teams in our group, or at least the ones we actually can get some information about.

The Archregimancy
KPB Ranking: 7 | Region: The Dreamed Realm | Prediction: 1st

Look what the cat dragged in! None other than the team that beat Der Adlerschaft on the last matchday of World Cup 66 qualifying to knock the Eagles out of the qualifying spot. Needless to say, the monks will have the biggest target on their backs in the group. The fact that they are so good, as well as the history they have with the Eagles, will make the two games against them must wins. Captain Gunnar Baumgartner says of the Monastic FA's team: "Clearly, all the vets on the team have a large animosity towards The Archregimancy, and the matches we play against them are circled on our schedules. It should be a lot of fun to see if we can get some revenge." The Althof division of the Milwaukeesburg Polezei Department has already scheduled extra security for the Eagle's home match against the MFA, in an atmosphere that will likely contain some unruly behavior to the team that most German Americans hate above all.

Chiata
KPB Ranking: 81 | Region: Esportiva | Prediction: 3rd

Chiata gives the Eagles a regional foe to go up against in the group. Chiata has been steadily climbing the ladder of international football for a couple cycles now, and will be ready to take the opportunity of a particularly weak qualifying group to advance. They will be involved in a middle of the group that will likely see some interesting play. Their defensive play will be interesting to see in contrast to the Adlerschaft side. Chiata's only hope likely lies in getting a playoff berth.

Kinzar
KPB Ranking: 95 | Region: Kinzar Lands | Prediction: 4th

Another team to find themselves in the midst of the mid-table scrum, Kinzar will be a spolier to look out for. They could perhaps pull off their own version of the Miracle of Althof, being a possible contender to even take us down. The Wildcats play a mildly offensive game that will give them some draws, but nothing special. They have a chance of taking Chiata's spot for 3rd place.

Glaser
KPB Ranking: 129 | Region: United Unitarians | Prediction: 5th

Glaser is consistently improving from their international debut in the last Baptism of Fire, but it will be hard for them to compete. They could make an interesting run like we did last cycle. Another squad we should watch out for.
IC: The Demokratik Republik of Rüntenbach
“Tendimus ad altiora”
Region:Esportiva Demonym: German American
Capital: Muenchewald Trigramme:RTB Population: 67 million
Ranked 30th in the world for football/soccer(KPB:23.11)
Order Adler Sport!(In HueD™)|National Map|Kit Directory/Discussion Thread|Sports Accomplishments|Wiki
"AND I JUST STARTED SWIMMING"-SJG

Ossidiacqua
Envoy

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ossidiacqua » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Previously, in Ossidiacqua...

"Wait, Boku!", pleaded Angelica, "You're going to kill us all!"
"But of course, my dear!" he cackled, obliviously, "but all in good time!"
Back in Sant'Elia, the first whistle would announce that Mytannion and Astograth could kick-off.
Meanwhile, in Pico de Vincenze, General Boku flipped the big red button.

"...oh, sweet God of the Machines what have you done?" asked Perea, with his hands on his head.

Boku looked at the device with hate in his eyes as it simply sat there humming, "stupid piece of shit! Why isn't it working?"

"Oh, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's working alright," said Angelica with fear in her voice, "just, not in the way you thought!"

The machine started to glow faintly in the room, with the erchite walls answering the glow with their own luminescent shine. Orange layered upon yellow layered upon white layered upon red, with the purplish-green of the erchite walls underneath it all giving the air a crackling, fizzing energy. The light began to gather at the machine.

"What? What is it doing?" asked Re, unable to see.

"Piece of shit!" shouted Boku again, leaning in to give the machine a kick.

"No!" shouted Angelica and Perea in unison, but it was too late...

BOOM.

Finally, the kick from Boku made the connection between the energy source and the attempted time travel circuitry inside the machine, and it went off. As did the erchite surrounding it, repeating the shoddy attempt at time travel with its own natural temporal resonance over and over and over again within the tiniest of milliseconds. Small amounts of erchite would have been okay, but the Pico de Vincenze seam was a rich seam indeed; a seam that stretched around the entire nation. The temporal rift amplified.

Erchite. Lots of erchite. So much erchite that soon pockets of it on the other side of the nation were reacting by repeating local changes of energy without even being close to what had kicked off the reaction in the first place. So much erchite that were the rocks sentient, they would have wondered what had given them the urge to do so. So much erchite that like a chain reaction of Han whispers, the pockets of erchite around the nation began to set each other off in an unstoppable linking of energy seams that soon began to affect the relative time of the entire nation. Fishermen and people on the coast started to notice the gulls and seabirds off the coast flying faster than usual. Things looked bad. And, for the inhabitants of that cave system, even worse, as there was so much erchite concentrated in that one particular spot that the amplification and repetition of the attempted alterations to time and space eventually found a way to do just that; with explosive consequences.

With a great yawn, the universe parted, and the spinning, whirling room that was the erchite chamber popped out of existence, removing itself from time and space altogether with a vast tear that left a spinning, pulsating void of infinite depth, duration, and nothingness where it had been just moments before. Immediately, the void began to vibrate, emitting wave after wave of 'sticky time' that radiated outwards in the path of least resistance - in this case, Ossidiacqua and the erchite underneath her. Fragmented at first from the rapid and erratic turmoil of the void, the waves were weak and would only penetrate the immediate surroundings. Eventually however, the void began a stabilisation process that first drew the waves out stronger, and then later fixed their predictability.

First, the Djocorangan militia and the Guarda Magisterium members fighting on the beaches began to notice feeling alternately heavy and incredibly light as the waves passed over them. With the Djocorangans turning the tide in the bloody battle and forcing the Acquans into retreat, their triumphant charge was thrown into chaos as the waves passing over them grew in strength despite remaining as erratic and localised as they had been before. In running down the hills towards the rocky shoreline the militia were startled to notice that their cohorts around them would suddenly age by entire weeks, judging by the growth of stubble on their faces, despite apparently staying near enough where they had been when the wave passed over them. The weight of the air and the bending of the light began to alarm them, and as groups of soldiers began to age more dramatically with each passing wave, eventually their nerves got the better of them and they ran. They ran, until they realised entire months were passing with each step as they ran down the beachhead and the waves became stronger, more predictable, and even more devastating as the void stabilised its rapid accelerating rotation yet further.

Like a pulsar emitting light over the cosmos, the void soon became noticeable to those around the nation. With the Copa Rushmori just finished, the Mytanar celebrations had to be cut short as the Polarians at the airport in Sant'Elia fought against the ever searching tendrils of the waves from Vincenze in order to evacuate all the foreign nationals from the nation*. lane after plane took off from the airport, making the shortest jumps possible so as to come back for more. The local panicked, and boat after boat soon set sail from the harbours in Scoggilados, Sant'Elia, Ile du Nord, and the far western coastlines where the tides of temporal interference were still at their weakest.

Eventually, as the foreign nationals were evacuated and the last of the CRF officials were fleeing the region, the Acquans fighting the tides of time interference to get to the airport were able to get through, and planes full of refugees fled the oncoming storm of space time**. Down below, the waves were getting closer and closer together. Intensifying all the time, it wasn't long until the time between the waves was shorter than the duration, or relative duration, spent under the waves of 'sticky time'. After that, the gaps between the waves were almost undetectable. For the Acquans on the floor, surrounded by erchite the length and breadth and circumference of the nation, the relative time became tolerable almost, as they adjusted to the sticky time and instead it was the gaps between the waves that seemed alien, rushed, and unnaturally fast. Perhaps this would be okay after all?

The spinning of the void continued to create waves however, and soon, like the build-up of sound waves around the nose of a supersonic aircraft, the waves built-up into a concentration around the edges of the erchite circumference that eventually popped. With a tumultuous crack that opened dry riverbeds, created devastating earthquakes, and split open the dormant volcanoes in the north, the time waves became a uniform plateau.

Devastatingly, for the second time in the island's history, an almost impenetrable wall of time disturbance surrounded the island of Ossidiacqua, a wall that would take centuries to calm down once the void stopped spinning in Vincenze's rich erchite deposits. Instead of the last time this happened, where Oasirica became Ossidiacqua, the wall was not completely impervious however, and as a stream of boats continued to appear in the Obsidian Sea for months after the wall dropped with ever increasing ages, it was possible to work out just how long it would take for anyone to get through into the nation.

Ten years there. And ten years back. Twenty years of life, just travelling into the nation, let alone the difference in time as you enjoy the 'benefits' of a nation broken yet again over the back of space time. One could come back in n entirely different century if you weren't careful. Ossidiacqua was, for all intents and purposes, cut-off from its surroundings, cut-off from Rushmore, from the Multiverse, from life. Ossidiacqua was lost.

For the Acquans left outside the wall when it fell, they faced a tough decision. Word from the steady trickle of aged refugees was that the nation inside had by-and-large survived the temporal shift, and that existing in relative time within the plateau of edited time was more than possible. But it would mean going in and never coming back. Or staying out and never going home again.

For the footballers of the Acquan national team, out on a training camp at the time having been knocked out of the Copa long before the final, they agreed to mark one more cycle of World Cup football in tribute to those left behind. Then, and only then, would they make the decision on an individual basis on whether to go home or stay in Rushmore until the end of their club careers - or longer, even. Phone calls were made, and Ossidiacqua's Aelsh neighbours, one of the few nations willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ossidiacqua on an international stage, were able to put up the 'home' stadium for the cycle at New Free Stone Stadium, in Drayfill.

It was going to be a very sombre cycle for Ossidiacqua. No longer la Renaissance - to call your team that under the circumstance would be completely inappropriate - no, instead, i Senzatetto.

The Homeless.

Meanwhile, in desert somewhere in the Multiverse...

>POP<

"What the...?"

"Boku?"

"Re?!"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?!"

[OOC STUFF]
* - On the other hand, this is an open invitation for anybody - Rushmori nations especially - to get rid of any annoying characters they fancied getting rid of if they were struggling to think of a way how. A Copa Rushmori final is the sort of thing anyone could be invited to, so with a time disaster hours afterwards, anyone could have gotten left behind if it suits you.

** - Similarly, if any nation wants to RP themselves as taking in a lot of Acquan refugees then be my guest. This is again especially relevant for Rushmori nations but those planes from the Polarian-run airport could have gone anywhere. You can even use ethnically Acquan players of your own nationality in the future should you wish - just remember: Italian/Spanish/African names, tactically naive, attacking, technically skilful, aggressive tackling, black skin tone, wary of technology but less so as time passes.
Last edited by Ossidiacqua on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Former Oasirican Republic of Ossidiacqua - Pop. 87,500,000
Capital: Sant'Elia - Demonym: Acquan - Trigramme: OSD
Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 56
"If Found, Please Return to Time and Space"
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Villitova, Chiata

George Chriss sat with his fellow defenders Lee Robertson and Roy Hubert in George's apartment. Outside, it was a dreary day with the usual overcast sky, slight drizzle, and smog that made the sky look pink, much like the Cassadaigua uniform. George, a 25 year-old was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, typical for Chiata's tropical climate region. To the right of George was Lee, a portly man in his mid twenties with unkept hair and a shaggy beard. At 250 lbs. and 6 ft. 8 in., Lee was a formidable foe to any forward that strayed into Chiata's side of the pitch. Across from the two player sat Roy in a Lazy Boy chair with his hands stuffed in his Suns Sweatshirt. Roy was at the age of 29 and was on the smaller side. However, what he lacked in size he made up for in defensive tactics and work ethic. The three players had all gathered together to watch the live drawing for the 68th World Cup. So far, the groups one through fifteen had been released.

The TV reporter droned on: "... and in Group 16 we have Turori, Svengarda, Gregoryisgodistan, Kericia, New North Aqmuland, The greater Vakolicci Haven, Arbeitsgemeinschaft Alpenlander,
and Taijan.

"I'm going with the upset," said Lee. "I pick... Gregoryisgodistan! You have to play your best if you know you'll get executed if you don't win!"

"Come on, they have no chance!" said Roy disagreeably.

"Actually, if they can get in third, then they have a far off shot," added George.

"Aw yes, the rule changes," Roy said sourly.

"You do realize that the format and rules change every year, right?" replied Lee.

The players continued to watch the TV and call out their picks for each group. After each players proclamation, they would immediately break into an argument about how that the Licentian Isles was better than San Jose Guayabal or not, for example. This continued on until the tired and bored new reporter read in his monotone voice the teams in Group 20.

He droned, "... in Group 20, The Archregimancy, German American States, Chiata, Kinzar, Glaser, Perlasilangan, Neuereland, and Landpolis."

There was no bickering now. All of the player's faces became dead serious as they studied their group. The Archegimancy, with a ranking of 7, was practically guaranteed a group win. German American States was fairly close to Chiata and in the same region. However, GAS was a tough opponent and would be difficult to beet. If Chiata could hold their position, they would get into a playoff to get into the World Cup Proper. However, Kinzar circled close behind the Suns in ranking and were in prime position to make an upset. Lastly, Glaser, Perlasangan, Neuerelandm, and Landpolis were placed in the bottom half of the group. These teams would be the easier ones to beet due to their low ranking. However, rank is but a number and anything can happen in the World Cup which was beautifully illustrated by the PIS vs. Weegies game last cycle.

The group of players new the road would not be easy. However, Chiata was almost on the brink of getting a playoff birth and this was their best chance thus far in doing so. Their group was particularly weak and three of the seven teams in the group would advance to playoff rounds. If Chiata could hold their ground they would get their first playoff birth, probably not a World Cup Proper birth, but a birth just the same. To stand their ground, the Suns would have to dig in and take the coming onslaught of the Qualifiers. If there was anything the Suns could do, it would be their ability to take the beating, continue fighting, and never, ever, stop trying.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

The greater Vakolicci Haven
Senator

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:19 pm

[3 months previously[/b]

"Where?" Demit Cronan said, sitting up in bed. Alexandra, his wife, was sitting on the end of it, holding a lettre. She had just woken him up, at the ungodly hour of 6 O'clock in the morning no less, by reading it out.
"It's your team schedule for in a few months Demit," she replied. "You're first game is against Gregoryisgodistan."
"Where?"
"Gregoryisgodistan."
"Have you ever heard of it?" Cronan asked.
"No."
"Neither have I. I bet they're small...and in the East somewhere. And probably poor...yes, definitely poor."

He turned to his laptop on the bedside table and typed it in to some online encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Not the most reliable, but they should know something about 'Gregoryisgodistan.'
"Yes!" he shouted. "It's Eastern, it's tiny, it's poor, and it's ruled by an insane dictator who thinks he's God."
"Have fun," his wife replied, before their 6-year old daughter walked in, a picture of cuteness in pink pyjamas...a picture that was spoilt by a rather angry expression her face.
"Why are you shouting?" she asked.
"I'm going to play football. Possibly...in the never-hells."
"Wow! Can I come?" Her face lit up, and she began to jump about in excitement. "Does it have fire? And dragons? They sound amazing. Awww, but someone told me that was where that horrible Saintland Cantus band came from, and I don't want to hear that. They're yucky. Will they be in the never-hells?"
"They live in a different never-hell," Demit replied. "This one has an evil man who think's he's a God and kills a lot of people."
"Cool! When are we going?"
"3 months to go."
2"Yay!"

2 weeks previously

The room was dark, as it generally was in Caldonhem.
Caldonhem, the home stadium of Eastern Fire of Caldonaris, was one of the 7 stadia that would be used for the Vakolicci-hosted fixtures of the world cup qualifying stage, and it was packed.

In this room, however, their were only about 25 people, and they were as Celari as one could possibly be: long hair, huge brown eyes, large noses, dark skin and tall statures prodominated, and for the most part they were ready to go. They stood in a line, waiting to exit through the tunel, when a hoarse voice spoke up behind them.
"You know their weak point," Elias Corpa, chief manager of EFC rasped. "Hit it."

This game was anual, it was fast, and it was often deadly. Celeria vs. the Greater Vakolicci Haven had been a fixture for the past 90 years, and it sowed no signs of stopping.
Now, however, it was closer than ever, with the GVH just ranked on top. However, their was no guessing which way the tide would turn.

The crowd roared as the 2 teams exited, most of the players marching either to the substitutes bench to await their calling or to line up to oppose each other. Most of the players...all but the Celari captain, Blacksen Domination, and the Vakolicci striker Demit Cronan. Their destination was the stage at the far end of the pitch.

As the orchestra began to play, Blacksen took a deep breath and turned towards the Celari crowd. What he was about to do was dangerous, but he knew it had to be done.

The first sign the crowd had that something was wrong was when the music began to take on a tumultuous, military tendency and then it was too late to take out their mobile phones to record the sound.
"Arise!" was the word that broke the silence, a long...resenating word.
"Arise!" it came again.
"Arise, Celari clansmen, thy nation needs thy blade.
Arise, Celari Clansmen, let not thy kingdom fade.
In cities, in countrylands, let all invaders truely see..."
The crowd exploded into rapturous voice as the last line of the first verse burst out in the beautiful voice of Blacksen Domination.
"If Celari blood must soak our soil, we shall keep Celeria free!"

The song went on another 2 minutes, before Demit Cronan's rather surprised rendition of 'Stand in union' gained a harmony of boos and geers from the Celari crowd.

The match, on the otherhand, was a bit of a no event. The 2 sides battled each other down for 86 minutes, until it became obvious that the weak link in the Vakolicci team had been found.
Lisa Kohr stumbled as Miralim Tardenic ran past her, kicking the ball from her feet to Blacksen, who used years of practicing this very move to head the ball clean over Mickie Roper as the whistle blew.
RIP Vakolic, 08/08/2009-29/12/2013, unjustly deleted.
Population: 9.6 billion (to be added to current population of this nation)
Last known defence budget: 82.2 trillion
Last known gdp: $423.2 trillion (nstracker)
For other stats, please tg.
the greater Vakolicci Haven
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:42 pm

The Big Game.

A series of programmes by sports journalist Maxym Illicevic cataloging some of the most famous Mytanar football games, from National Cup triumphs from yesteryear to fights between title contenders more recently. In this episode, Illicevic looks at the 1969 National Cup final.

Obolon Forvik, a side renowned for being the representatives of the brewers of the industrial town. At this time there was only one true powerhouse of Mytanar football and it certainly was not the minnows of Forvik. BVK Dinamo were one of the most successful sides in Mytannion and were at the height of their dominance, they had some of the top players too, players that would earn millions if they were to play today, but were instead just the same as the people who came to watch them play and either worked in the trade their team represented or had another job altogether. Pavel Vyoral, the Mytanar Top League's all-time top goalscorer, was the leading light in the squad and his goals had pushed them to glory so many times before. Obolon Forvik were not expected to have a chance against Vyoral and company, but at the same time, the national buzz was surrounding this team - not just the fans from the region the team were from as was so often the case - this was a chance for the nation to get one over the state at a time when it was at its most oppressive. This was because BVK Dinamo were backed by a rather senior member of the Mytanar secret police at the time.

Zorislav Klaric was the head of the KGB, he was a man who sent thousands of normal men - many completely innocent, guilty of nothing other than maybe a grumble at the state's expense - to the gulags. He also supported BVK Dinamo and he was prepared to do nearly anything to ensure their success. There are many stories of famous players being sent to the state prisons in the harshest, coldest conditions, all because of a command originating from Klaric. Often these commands were based on nothing other than a goal against his team or a comment to the media or anybody that would listen about BVK Dinamo, saying that they were only successful because of the state backing or that their team would try especially hard to beat a side that was so vehemently backed by a man that was helping to uphold the oppressive Tolikist regime. Klaric was ruthless, a twisted man who had been brought up in the plains region in the south-east of the country.

Klaric was particularly angered by Tekstilshchik Ibon and 1896 Ebor. They were the two sides that caused his BVK Dinamo the most problems, Tekstilshchik Ibon had the legendary midfielder Damjan Zagorec. Zagorec was 28 when he was sent away to the gulag, his club side completely collapsed when he was sent away and Klaric was the man who engineered it all. Zagorec had made comments about Klaric's involvement in football and how it was choking, killing the game in Mytannion. Klaric responded immediately, with Zagorec being charged on various trumped-up charges. One of Klaric's favourite charges was that of 'bourgeois behaviour' and Zagorec was certainly going to get charged with that, despite the amount of obscurity that lay with such a charge. Perhaps the most ridiculous of all was 1896 Ebor captain of the time, right back, Frantisek Peska getting charged with 'playing football in an anti-communist manner'. Peska did get hit with some other charges, but that was the one that stood out. Klaric's behaviour to other clubs led to fans across the country hating the leader of the KGB and his team. BVK Dinamo were seen as an extension of the state and were hated in a manner that very few other teams ever were.

This was a chance for the little guy (i.e. the nation, the people), to get a chance over the big man (i.e. BVK Dinamo, Zorislav Klaric and the establishment). Obolon Forvik were a small club, with some modest players, Slava Kotek probably being the pick of the bunch. An attacking midfielder, slight of build and quick on his feet, he was only young when he was playing for the brewers of Obolon Forvik but he was the major hope that drove this team forward. He was the one bright spark in a side mostly made up of second-rate old cloggers, journeymen who had played for several clubs down the years and former employees of the brewery the club represented who were actually very good at the sport they chose to put their time into. Kotek was something different, he was a representation of not only the man who could change the game for his team, but also the struggle against the state, against BVK Dinamo and against Zorislav Klaric. Kotek was a man, well, barely a man, but he was someone who represented the individualism that was slowly creeping into Mytanar society, he had long hair and a partial beard and a rather unusual off-field lifestyle (well, for the time he lived in).

He was going to be Obolon Forvik's best chance against the monstrous BVK Dinamo.

The game was at Radnika, the national stadium in Esca. It was something that didn't really present a huge advantage to either side, BVK Dinamo are obviously a club from Esca, but playing at the home of one of their city rivals wasn't really something that helped them. Obolon Forvik had to deal with the trip up to the capital, it wasn't particularly long, but journeys were longer and more arduous back then. There was no direct road to Esca from Forvik, it meant a lot of zigzagging around the countryside and Forvik's talisman, young Kotek, suffered from travel sickness because of the bends in the roads and there was some fear that he may have been too ill to play. The team's bus was followed to Esca by many more vehicles, cars, lorries, buses, all of them went up to the capital, taking around 40,000 Obolon Forvik fans with them. The roads were a sea of red and white and Obolon's end of Radnika was similar. Flags were waved wildly, banners with anti-government slogans were displayed freely for perhaps the first time ever and the introduction of flares was perhaps seen (though, maybe not), with red and white flares burning brightly. It was pandemonium and that was before kick-off.

When the game finally did start, it wasn't long until BVK Dinamo's dominance started. Pavel Vyoral was played through by Lubomir Novotny and promptly slotted the ball past the goalkeeper in the Obolon Forvik net. Vyoral wheeled away and the large BVK Dinamo support (which was largely made-up of the staunch government hardliners, both those working for the government and the working classes that did choose to prop them up), celebrated madly. They felt like they had yet another title in the bag after a few years of success, but they weren't prepared for an Obolon Forvik side that were backed by the whole nation. They were full of heart and they wanted change, both in football and in the way the country was governed and this was the real beginning of football becoming politicised. It may have been 1-0 to BVK Dinamo, but the Obolon Forvik players and fans were there for more than just the result.

Though the game was for many about more than just the result, that didn't stop the players wanting to garner some success from their season, perhaps their first and only chance at it. Slava Kotek wasn't prepared to settle for just getting to a final though, he wanted a lot more for the club he was playing for. When he received the ball from Petr Kovac on the edge of the box, with a bit of room around him and a decent sight of one corner of the goal, there was only ever going to be one outcome. Kotek pulled his right peg back and stroked the ball beautifully into the bottom corner. BVK Dinamo's goalkeeper couldn't get down to it and Kotek wheeled away to the Obolon fans, who took a while to react, not quite believing their eyes - not wanting to believe what they were seeing for the fear that they were in fact dreaming, but it was 1-1 and the big boys looked like they may get slayed by the little man.

BVK Dinamo weren't prepared to let that happen though. Vyoral's striker partner Maxym Ankudinov was in-form, he had enjoyed a good Top League season, scoring 23 goals in the 30 games that year. He was a pacy forward and one that had come from a past that didn't really fit in that well with the image of the all-Tolikist sports club that they always wanted to portray, but he played for the club anyway, with many rumours being circulated as to why he played for them. The one that seemed to have the most truth in it was the one that suggested he was coerced into playing for BVK Dinamo on the promise that family members who had been sent to the gulags would be released if he did. He may not have played for the club with the passion that many hoped their players would, but he still scored goals and he had another one in him just before half-time in this game. Vyoral slid a ball across the box and it was half-cleared to Ankudinov, who curved it into the top corner from around the penalty spot. Ankudinov did not celebrate, he rarely did, but the BVK Dinamo fans did and they didn't really mind who scored, as long as they got another trophy.

2-1 at half-time and one of the most famous speeches in Mytanar football was reportedly given by Obolon Forvik manager Theo Yefimov. Some of the players told of the hunger he showed during half-time, but nobody is really sure what he said and that is part of why the speech is so famous. There are so many variants and the obscurity of the words have caused its fame to rise and rise. One thing can be sure, the Obolon Forvik players reacted to whatever he said as they came out of the tunnel with a seemingly unstoppable urge to win. Every ball was chased, every tackle was roared into and when they had the ball at their feet they had what seemed like a completely different purpose.

In the 71st minute it paid off, Kotek got his second of the game, he took the ball past three defenders, weaving in and out of tackles. He even took a small push in the back, something that would be immediately punished now but was allowed to run back then. He pushed the ball clear of what would have been an excellent challenge and hopped over the legs that slid through, leaving himself with a tough angle to work with to put the ball into the net. But he managed it, he smashed his foot into the ball, somehow generating a little bit of curve with the outside of his right foot to hit the ball out to the left, past the keeper's outstretched arms and then to curve back in to come inside the goalpost. 2-2, the equaliser really rallied the Obolon Forvik side further and it seemingly put the frighteners on the BVK Dinamo side, as if they were worried that they couldn't win the game.

They couldn't, Slava Kotek made sure of that, he got his hat-trick in the 82nd minute, sending Obolon Forvik and the majority of Mytannion into delirium as they saw the public manage to get one over the regime for the first time in a long time. Kotek went on a long run, crossing the ball to the back post, Zdenek Jerie rose above the rest and headed towards the goal. The ball bounced, the whole Obolon Forvik end rose, expectant of a goal, but it bounced onto the post and it was looped to the edge of the box by a defender. Slava Kotek had made his way infield and the ball fell to his feet, he would have to strike it with his weaker left foot, but he gave it a go anyway. It was possibly the sweetest strike he could have managed, with either foot, it flew into the top corner and the score was 3-2. The game finished that way and Obolon Forvik had their first ever piece of silverware. It was an unexpected one, nobody believed that they would manage to win against the state backed BVK Dinamo, but they did on the back of a young individualist, Slava Kotek.

His story is quite interesting in itself. Kotek was sent to the gulag three years later, then playing for Atletik Thessia, he had scored goals to beat Klaric's BVK Dinamo again and the KGB leader had had enough. He sent Kotek to the prison, with some other charges laced around ones to do with public disorder that may well have had some truth. Kotek died aged 26, two years into his sentence at the gulag after contracting tuberculosis. He was an incredible player and one that will be remembered forever. It is a shame that he died so young as he easily could have been one of the best Mytanar players ever, but his death resulted in Atletik's ultras politicisation. They became liberal and determined to fight against the oppressive regime, even if they did believe in some of their economic policies. But his death arguably resulted in the beginning of one of the biggest movements in Mytanar history, with working class people (and therefore football fans), being one of the main contributors in the destruction of the regime.

In memory of Slava Kotek.
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Kinitaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinitaria » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Kinitar company Multiverse Games is proud to release its first offering into the football market, the hotly anticipated Multiverse Manager. This new game gives players the chance to sit in the hotseat of their favourite club and guide them to domestic and international glory. The game features over 5,000 clubs and over 300 national teams, each and every one carefully recreated by our team of researchers, who have worked with as many clubs and associations as they could possibly contact. Whether you want to strengthen the grip that the elite teams have on the world's major competitions, or take your local non-league club to heights previously unforeseen, you'll find it all here.

Every club registered to UICA and every national team registered with the World Cup Committee is found in game, with their squads correct as of the start of World Cup qualifying. Every UICA, WCC and supporting tournament is recreated from the preliminary rounds to the final, as of course are a whole host of regional and domestic competitions, with their very latest promotion, transfer and player registration rules.

As the manager, it'll be your job to sign players, organise tactics, keep your squad happy and ultimately deliver the silverware. While the fans will be desperate for success, the board will be watching to make sure you don't overspend and plunge your team into chaos - and the players will want plenty of playing time. You can also take control of a range of off-field aspects, such as financial management, team training, and developing the infrastructure of your team. Or, if you want to simply focus on the football, you can tell the AI to take care of everything else, and it'll be left in the capable hands of your assistant manager.

If you've managed to conquer the footballing world solo and fancy pitting your wits against your friends, Multiverse Manager comes complete with an online mode that can support up to 32 managers playing on the same network. Find out which of your friends can back up their claims to tactical genius. What's more, just to keep things fresh, players will be able to update their game via our online mode after every transfer window. We'll be working hard to make sure all the up-to-date transfers, club colours and competition rules are in place as they happen.

The game also comes complete with a fully functional editor, allowing you to change everything from player and team attributes to weather conditions and stadium capacity. If you spot something our eagle-eyed team of researchers have missed, or you just want to create a brand new challenge for yourself, you can with our simple, flexible and easy-to-use editor. If you create a challenge you think other fans would enjoy, you can also upload it to our online database, which will feature all the custom data sets our users have produced. Inventive ideas we've seen already include a series of regional leagues, in which all the teams in a region form one giant league pyramid, or possibly a league consisting of the top 20 national teams in the KPB rankings. If you think you could do better, why not create the database and upload it for other fans to enjoy?

With all these features and many, many more, we feel confident in saying that Multiverse Manager is the best football management simulator ever made.

Screenshots:
ImageImage
Last edited by Kinitaria on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Technocratic State of Kinitaria | capital: Mi'ato | RP population: 145 million | demonym: Kinitar
trigramme: KIN | colours: blue and yellow | languages: Kinitar (de facto) and English | island nation | MT
Weather in Mi'ato | Litora | Serenberg

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

Champions: Baptism of Fire 47 | Hosts: Baptism of Fire 52 (with Legalese), Cup of Harmony 60 (with Kazamatsuri), AOCAF 43

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Onwards we go, a new cycle begins! Fresh off our first notable success with the senior national team, and with a Di Bradini Cup-winning generation to back us, the future looks truly bright for Farfadillis. Still, what's the next objective on sight? Free Republics and Legalese, obviously.

The group's been announced, and I think it could've been a lot worse for us. However, I believe what should concern us the most is who we could be getting in the play-offs. I mean, we'd need some kind of tragedy to not make it to the play-offs. Topping the group would greatly help us, though, so that should be our objective for now.

Now, I could start talking about teams I've barely ever heard of in my entire life, or I could tell you things about our national team. I know you all want the former, but I'm going for the latter.

So, let's see. We've got a powerful squad, I believe. I think we could make things at least difficult for teams like Polar Islandstates. Heck, we even defeated the second best in the world in a regional cup final. I think I might mention that every now and then for... like... uhmm... years? Anyway, let's get a little specific.

First things first. The goal looks solid, as always. Lisdiren has always been a very good goalkeeper, and there really is no reason why we should think he'll suddenly start playing badly. What's more, Rigutti is a very good back-up, and Tzâín is wonderful, even if he's just here to get valuable experience to, one day, replace Lisdiren. We're fine here, definitely.

Then comes the defense. The very, very depressing defense. We've got Fakkotti as left back. He's good for a Farf, I guess. But that's it, nothing really spectacular. Then comes our centreback, Cleto Mata. He's good with the ball, and a decent defender, too. I don't think he's all that great, though. Our rigth back, Santos Alaminos, is actually very good, even for a normal defender. I wonder if this has anything to do with his footballing upbringing having been far from Farfadillis... it obviously does! As for the substitutes, well, Ivaktör Bârr is promising. He's already been picked up by the Polarians from Northbrook Diamonds, and he might develop into an actually-defensive defender (and you don't know how badly we need one of those!). Faró is good, yeah, but I don't really feel like trusting him for some time. He'll have to claw his way back up to the starting position. Wii-Tzaara and Daokō? Well, they're ok, I guess. I'm not a big fan of them, though.

Then comes the midfield. Compared to the defense, this thing is amazing. It is very, very good on its own. I mean, we won the AOCAF Cup because of something, after all. Mêndêlöíndçêl provides a much-needed defensive support that really has no way of going to waste. Seriously, the captain's armband is more than deserved. I sometimes wonder how someone like him - who happens to be, in my opinion, splendid defensively - could come out of the Farf football system. Seriously, how? Then Risko Kâí, he's fantastic. He keeps getting better and better. I doubt he'll continue progressing at this rate, but if he does, who's gonna stop him? He's already terrorized world-class defenses and captained an U-21 team to a world championship, plus he's got some impressive experience, what with having played for the national team for some time now, as well as Urbizania Wanderers. Mâás Fôx is also incredibly promising, what with playing for one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in the world, and having broken the Farf transfer record at the age of sixteen (those Eurans!). Terán is just fantastic, and must've gronw in the fans' hearts by now with that last goal against Valanora. Tuzzio is good... whenever he can actually be arsed. Damn you, lazy Tuzzio!

Up front, Dandalleion is Dandalleion. As his partner, Roga has so far been given the nod, but who knows if he'll hang onto it? I mean, he's got Dragãozý, Tenian, Cornelio, Fuego, Fuego 2, Mêrí and maybe someone else who comes out of the blue as competition. If anything, we've got a fierce striking partnership, no matter who's playing along Dandalleion. Hell, we could even use Dandalleion as a midfielder if we wanted.

And I think that's it. We're looking good. Cross fingers, etc.
Last edited by Farfadillis on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Kitsunia-Deesse
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitsunia-Deesse » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm

"Leader, we have problems."

"Viola, please." said Clare, looking at her television with a Lucario plushy. "We're watching Iris-chan and the Poké Pals! Shhhh!"

The older Kitsune shrugged, leaving her leader and small "housemate" alone at her decorated room. Any newcomer into the tale of Kitsunia-Deesse is probably aware of Clare, the current Déesse of the Holy Kitsunian Empire of Kitsunia-Deesse. Clare's young mind often shows on the weird decisions that affected the Kingdom in recent days. An "everyone-dressed-as-a-plushy" day, a day where everyone would just cuddle each other and dozens and dozens of holidays related to peace and culture. War decisions were never a problem as the holy grounds of Kitsunia-Deesse had an "unwritten agreement" that kept them unseen in the maps of Rushmore ever since the first witnesses of Kitsunes on the sea, at a small domain named Ócean Domains, a colony of the Holy Kitsunian Empire.

However, things started to change following a change of power in their region. And the Kitsunes were afraid of the people ruling the region now. The Eurans. A strange group of humans that had already once ruled the area. Would the Night of the Long Lymans repeat itself? Nobody in the Empire knew (and also did not know why they could even be considered a target of such, given how they were always nice to anyone that ever crossed their shadowy borders for accident and at one point, they even had an acceptable friendship with the Charruterrans, dealing happily with those strange, unwanted people.

But again, it was hard to understand humans. The Kitsunians, always used to treating nature like it should, could not understand even nations they had some sort of relationship with. The Daineris and their dragon-like people, the Flockians and their constant abuse of their own land until it all turned into snowy plains, the Andarahyans who couldn't care less about anything with Samba playing on the background and the Saint Paulians, known for considering themselves top notch people. The one people they could relate to were the Sunrisians, but they were far away, lying at Superiori, Esportiva. Where they were, they had to deal with strange people that were all around the place and had different opinions.

There were dozens of possibilities. Enter full war with your magic powers against all lands of Rushmore? That would take too much. Try to hide yourselves even further? That would be ridiculously impossible, they were hidden enough for any mapmaker to find them. Simply float and move regions? But to where? Atlantian Oceania? Wouldn't hurt, but there are so many weird people there as well, plus the threat of the Corvidae rampant. Esportiva? Having to deal with dozens of unexplainable evil leaders and dozens of unreasonable governments? The World Changers? The Arrogance of Free Republics as your neighbor? Equatoria? There's not even a reason to join. The Unzucneru Association? Doesn't even exist anymore. Emirates of Futurnia? And go back to the hidden lands? So many posibilities...

But for now, the only thing they could do is wait. At least until the episode where Iris-chan and her Poké Pals teaches the power of friendship to Gary F. Oak ends.
<Farf> rack
<Farf> luck
<Farf> duck
<Farf> snuck
<Farf> f*ck
<NSI> You forgot buck
<Farf> nuh-uck
All-Kitsune Puppet of Northern Sunrise Islands.

A Gaelic Football Invitational Champion
Global Cup of Soccer I Champion

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:41 pm

The two men took their seats in the darkened room. One gestured towards the other with a remote control he picked up off the table in front of them.

"Shall I?"

"Please, be my guest." answered the other.

He hit play.

The blank wall in front of them flickered as the projector behind them clicked and wheezed into life, spewing out a steady stream of hot air from the fan on one side of it as light poured forth from the front lens. The laptop it was connected woke up automatically, sent the file down the cable to the projector, and clicked the speakers into life.

Slow motion footage of the Terns from the last World Cup finals faded into view. Slowed down clips of the wins over Antoletia and New Sideburn played into one another, tough tackles in frame-by-frame vision from the ties with Equestrian States and Apox, the winning goals in extra time from Wolff and Kolehmainen against Apox, the exultant celebrations following Kungas-Vaga's penalty against Eura, Bjerregaard's stoppage time winner over Valladares, and the two goals from Kolehmainen and Kungas-Vaga in the final over Audioslavia. Cheers, celebrations, goals, the trophy being lifted, and the fluttering ticker-tape, it was all there. The story of the Terns' World Cup win, showed in highlights slowed down to cinematic pace and backed by some inspirational string music punctuated with swelling brass passages.

Over it all, a single male voice spoke with a strong Northbrook accent.

"To whom it may concern.

"It has been brought to our attention that some of you out there think that the Terns have done their part now, think that because we've won the World Cup, because we've finally got our hands on that trophy, that we're going to sit back and let whatever happens happen this cycle.

"Some of you are labouring under the impression that the fire is gone. That because we've reached our goal, the determination to do so again will be fluttering out the window like so many pieces of Concord Heights confetti. The target's been met, right? So why aim again. That's what you've been thinking, isn't it?

"Why is that, may I ask?

"Through two defeats in World Cup finals we've been persistent, tenacious, stubborn, unwilling to lie down and accept our lot and unwilling to just let some other team waltz to the final just because we've been there before. We got smacked down, twice, in the most painful match of all, and twice we've got back up again.

"Defeat never fostered despondency, so why should victory breed complacency?

"No. You can't keep a good Valhallan down.

"We're still here. We're still hungry. We still want to go down in history, and don't you think for a second that we've forgotten what the difference between losing a final and winning a final feels like. Lifting that trophy felt good. It felt really good. And we want another star above our badge. Because we're Valhallans. We're Polarians. We're the
Terns. And a Tern never gives up.

"Per Tenebras ad Lucem. It means
'in light, in dark'. We've done the dark, and now we're going to do the light.

"We're coming, Multiverse; we're coming for you again."

Over the final images of Kolehmainen and Jean-Eric Villeneuve celebrating with the trophy in slow-motion against the backdrop of the Dagan night sky, the orator stepped forwards into the light on screen - it was national captain Kohev Kungas-Vaga.

"Sorry about that."

His face, determined and calm, faded away was replaced by the Polar Islandstates badge with a single star sitting proudly atop it, all above the logo for the Legalese and Free Republics World Cup, the words "In support of the Terns' campaign", the logo of their kit maker Fabrikken, and the social media hashtag #WeAreAllTerns.

It all faded to black and silence, and the first man flicked the remote until the projector turned off and the lights came back on.

"So? What do you think?"

"Well, Morten," said the second man, FPIFA Chairman Dima Koolhaas, "I'll admit that when you came to me asking for half the money to make this thing I wasn't sure why we needed it - still don't, in fact - but that was a nicely put together piece of film."

"Thank you," said national team coach, Morten Rasmussen.

"So, why do we need it, exactly?"

"Confidence."

"Confidence? We just won the bloody World Cup. You'd be hard pressed to find a more confident squad!"

"No no, not the whole squad; Gustaf's in particular."

"Kolehmainen?"

"Did you not notice how many of those clips of goals going in were goals scored by him?"

"Well, yeah, but, he scored a lot of goals. It made sense, right?"

"Yeah, but proportionately speaking I missed out a couple of other goals from other players and even stuck in a couple of goals Gustaf scored in qualifying. Nobody will notice, but Gustaf will see it and see how important he is to us. I'm hoping his confidence will be boosted as a result. As we need him high as a kite, ideally. It's something Sol taught me."

"Sol hasn't been a manager in a long time though, Morten, remember that," warned Koolhaas, "he's been an administrator for some time."

"Even so," countered Rasmussen, "you don't lose that kind of intuition. Gustaf needs the confidence, he's had a shite time of it recently."

"Yes, I'd heard. That was the reason behind the move to SK, wasn't it?"

"Largely, yes," said Morten, "but I've also heard from the other SK boys in the squad that he's not exactly the life of the party in training for SK, and he's been pretty down for me so far as well. Barely said a word at the Confederations Cup, and it showed on the pitch as well.

"At the Confederations Cup? Showed on the pitch? He scored three goals, man!"

"Pssh, yeah, against a bit of poor defending from Astograth, a bit of inexperienced defending from German American States, and a bit of, well, Farf defending against Farfadillis. Frankly, I expected more from him. And I think this video will help."

"Yeah?" said Koolhaas, making a face.

"Yeah," answered Rasmussen confidently, "he needs to feel loved, if you ask me."

"Well, tread carefully my friend," said Koolhaas, getting up and offering his hand to the manager, "he's our star asset and now SK's star asset as well. You do not want to mess about with his head if it means getting a call from Valentin Jahr; that's guy's terrifying."

"Ha, right. I remember Jahr, don't worry," said Rasmussen, shaking Koolhaas' hand as they both left the room, "I'll be careful, it's fine."

"Good. Right, well I best go off and give my secretary the word to send this out to the television companies. There's a print run as well, I take it?"

"Just waiting for my go ahead once you okayed it today, Dima," said Rasmussen as they both stood in the corridor of the FPIFA.

"Okay, well off you go then. I won't be there for the first match against Taslantis I'm afraid, prior engagement, but I'm sure you'll have them ready and the Nasjonale rocking. Best of luck, goodbye."

"Thanks Dima," said Rasmussen as the FPIFA Chairman walked away, "see you later."

Rasmussen juggled with the memory stick containing the print campaign in his pocket as he walked along the corridor towards the central foyer. Preparations would be slightly more complicated this time around, but he was feeling good about them. If he could sort out Kolehmainen, then the first few dominoes would fall into line quite nicely indeed, and then hopefully, come the end of the cycle, there'd be more slow motion footage for the video libraries.
Last edited by Polar Islandstates on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 pm

"Being ranked among the top ten in the world is a bit of a power trip, and for some, it would be all too easy to forget how they got there. Too easy to forget why they got there. Too easy to neglect their self-improvement. It is my job to make sure this doesn't happen. It is my job to constantly push. It is my job to be that douche with his boot in their asses, making sure they don't have the luxury of sitting on their backsides or resting on their laurels."
- Jermain Lewis, Osarius national team manager

Looking back at my career, I can be fairly proud. I played alongside some great players, had some great managers, was part of great teams that won a lot of trophies. People always attribute my success to a combination of natural freak athleticism and sheer bloody-mindedness. My sheer determination to win put my natural ability over the top, they say. It's only half true.

The reality is that I wasn't particularly naturally talented, but I wanted to be as good as, no, better than, those guys who were. I was athletic. Fast and strong. But those traits alone don't mean a thing in Osarian football in particular. A lot of us are fast, strong or both. I wasn't just determined to win either, I just wanted to be better. To me, defeat usually meant the other guy was better than me. Or the other team was better than my team. So I had to improve.

I worked hard for years and years to become the best on my team. I played alongside two of the best Osarian footballers of all time, and though I never considered myself better than either one, I never stopped trying to surpass them. This attitude is something that a lot of players simply don't have. There is a slight majority of footballers who are content to simply make a living off the game. Of the minority who want more than a living, there is a minority of those who constantly seek to improve. Of those, the vast majority do it in order to win more. The tiny minority of players left, do it after they have won. These are the players I like best.

"Winning is like climbing a never-ending ladder over a pool of hungry sharks, collecting gold coins along the way. No matter how many coins you have, you can't stop and rest because the second you fall, the sharks will eat you."
- Jermain Lewis, Osarius national team manager

Winning isn't enough. Winning in style isn't enough. Repeatedly winning isn't enough. Repeatedly winning in style isn't enough. Nothing is ever enough. But the moment you accept that, is the moment you fail. You have to strive to disprove that statement, no matter the cost.

** An excerpt from Jermain Lewis' The Way Forward, a motivational self-help book.
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Estope » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Our Completely Unbiased and Well Researched Preview for World Cup 68
(No we didn't just throw this together or make predictions based solely on the names or try to make Estope look better than we are)
(Nor is it really authored by Bucky Freezus Pretending to be a Journalist)

Estope found itself in pot three and placed in Group 24. This appears to be a manageable group and with the top three all advance to at least the playoffs to make it to World Cup Proper, Estope's chances seem to be high going forward. Our genius of a head coach, Bucky Freezus, has a ingenious new strategy that will unveiled in the opener against Scorpio. Inside sources say it is a formation that will fundamentally change the game. I may get in trouble for this but I'm going to unveil the secret. Let's just say that the world better be on the look out for the new 1-9 formation. With nine strikers there will be nine times the goals. But let's just keep that quiet from the foreign press, ok. Now back to the group preview. Below are the teams in Estope's group along with a comment or two about each one of them.

Group 24
14. Blouman Empire
I'm calling bs on the 14 ranking. They are not a good team at all. Honestly I would be surprised if they are even in the top half of this group by the end of it. Estope, especially with that genius head coach, will run circles around them, plain and simple. Plus we are currently doing a journalistic investigation into how they run their program hoping to find some dirt to get them disqualified before we even have to play them. Stay tuned for that article soon to come.
31. Antoletia
Another highly overrated team, but what would expect from a biased ranking system. Again they shouldn't pose much of a threat to Estope. They do not have the talent that we do nor do they nearly as great of a head coach. This should be another easy two wins.
67. Estope
THE GREATEST TEAM EVER IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!!!!
93. Falcus
Seriously? Do we even have to play this team? It will just be a waste of time for my, I mean, Estope's players. Just give us a couple 8-0 victories and we won't force them to play us.
199. Jeckland
Why do I have to keep writing stuff about these teams? I think I've made it clear that we are better than all of them.
238. Scorpio
Better than them too.
291. UzBenistan
I don't even think this is a real country. But they're on the schedule so we'll just beat them anyways.
UR. Total n Utter Inanity
Yep. It's 'Total n Utter Inanity' for us to have to play a team with such a dumb name. I'll run up the score on them for sure just because of their annoying name, well I mean it I was Freezus I would. I am obviously not him I'm some other random newspaper writer.

Schedule Now with Added Predictions Guaranteed to be accurate 92.3%* of the time
vs 238. Scorpio - WIN (19-0)
at 291. UzBenistan - WIN (29-0)
vs 14. Blouman Empire - WIN (9-0)
at 31. Antoletia - WIN (14-0)
vs UR. Total n Utter Inanity - WIN (42-0)
vs 93. Falcus - WIN (16-0)
at 199. Jeckland - WIN (21-0)
at 238. Scorpio - WIN (45-0)
vs 291. UzBenistan - WIN (34-0)
at 14. Blouman Empire - WIN (3-0)
vs 31. Antoletia - WIN (7-0)
at UR. Total n Utter Inanity - WIN (103-0)
at 93. Falcus - WIN (19-0)
vs 199. Jeckland - WIN (38-0)

*Give or take about 90%
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Valanora Times
That Old Familiar Tale

Eighty years, eighty long years it has been since Valanora first stepped foot into international footballing field, timid but unafraid of the established nations of the footballing community. The years have seen the nation change names with the formation of the commonwealth, a deluge of unforeseen domestic troubles, and the transition of leaders. It has also seen the elves of Valanora rise to become one of the best sporting nations in the entire world, particularly in the sport of football. Records and legacies that are known to just about all of the fans of the game in the commonwealth, records that awe even the likes of Starblaydia and The Holy Empire. The old blood of the footballing community, idols in their own right, and rivals with the Mauraders on the pitch thanks to the history in the game that has been forged.

A debut cycle of World Cup 29, we're now entering our fortieth tournament, and looking to build upon all that success. Once more we're going into the fray of qualifiers, yet unlike almost every single edition that has come before, a group title will not see our squad into the tournament proper itself. A highly unorthodox and some would even go as to call very unfair qualifying method being employed this tournament has group winners enter a playoff against other group winners. The winners advance to the Finals and then the losers play in another playoff, this time against the second and third placed teams in the group. Which means that a bad injury or dip of form in those two weeks could result in the winners of the group not even making the tournament. In this journalist's opinion, there is something very wrong about that possibility and it comes as no surprise to me that the VFA cast their vote against the bid, alas it was not enough to stop the cohosts from being awarded the tournament.

The Marauders will have to make do with this format now that it has been thrust upon them, as will the rest of the competing nations. Of those, the group that the Marauders find themselves in poses a few problems but it should be navigable for the side who are now ranked second in the world. There is almost a surreal feeling about this side, with a bit of recent history suggesting that being ranked second could be a bit of a bad omen after multiple nations ranked second in the KPB rankings have failed to qualify as of late. That seems especially possible thanks to the format being employed by the organizing committee. Yet Valanora's own history with the second rank and coming off a third placed finish in the previous tournament suggests something more favorable for the fans of the Marauders. In World Cup 60 the Marauders finished 3rd, only to go on to win the next edition of the tournament, though they ended up hosting that edition.

Of the group that the Marauders find themselves in, only Taeshan and perhaps the Royal Kingdom of Quebec will pose any sort of issue, on paper. Taeshan will look to try and topple the Marauders when they visit their giant stadium that seems to defy the laws of gravity, physics, and all sorts of tenets of engineering. They are a middling footballing nation though and anything other than going undefeated in the group will be seen as something of a letdown, given the level of quality among the seven other nations in the group. It would not even be out of the question to see the side go fourteen wins with no losses or draws, the heralded perfect record. What then happens in the playoffs though, well that could be just about anything and I do not like it one bit. Yet this side is definitely looking to capture that elusive title, so it should not be too much of a real issue with the desire and skill of the side, but anything can happen on any given matchday.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports