Page 1 of 2

Referee Dictionary Thread II (Football/Soccer)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:46 pm
by Felix
Original Thread

So I go the idea of restarting the referee dictionary thread due to the fact that we once had a referee dictionary thread but it has been months since someone has posted there and that someone in my region, Esportiva requested a referee for a certain event. I have now decided to make a brand spanking new referee thread for those RPers that love to make their match reports (or whatever RP thing tickles your fancy) as real as possible.

Little quote of the guy who made the original referee thread,

Ariddia wrote:The idea is simple. This thread would serve as a reference point, whenever you're roleplaying your team's match, if you want the match to have a ref with a name and a certain style.


With that in mind I decided to update the format of submitting refs. I will create a form to fill out and a make a list of referees depending on what level of refereeing they can do (i.e U-15, U-21, WC, etc.). I plan to update the referee's age by one year every World Cup. So enough of intros, lets submit refs!

Code: Select all
[align=center][spoiler=Image of Referee][insert picture of ref][/spoiler][/align]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.):[/b]
[b]Type of Referee (Assistant, Head):[/b]
[b]Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All):[/b]
[b]Experience:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]


When you want to use a referee just TG me and I'll update the list of refs and put him/her/etc the tournament list thing.

--------

Image

Name:
Thomas Youngston
Age:
30
Sex:
Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.):
Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head):
Head Referee
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All):
All
Bio:
Thomas Youngston was born in Hampshire, Felix and he has been refereeing for 5 years. He now wants to move on to international refereeing. He is known in the FCL/FFL for his mainly fair refereeing but his sometimes ridiculous speeches on the laws of the game when a player (usually younger ones) debate his call. He is also known to give quick yellow cards to anyone he seems is a bad kid. Now what constitutes as a bad kid for him is a mystery to most people, except for his wife and two kids and his Catholic church group. His favorite team is Hampshire United.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:46 pm
by Felix
Senior Referees
Thomas Youngston {Age: 30} |Felix| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Joel Martín Águila Nena {Age: 32} |San Jose Guayabal| <2 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Mr. Clanky {Age: Unknown} |Backyard Sports| <12 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Maria Stout {Age: 42} |New Sideburn| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Gareth Schwarzer {Age: 39} |New Sideburn| <6 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Police Officer AKSH283 {Age: 31} |Gregoryisgodistan| <0 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Tina Bard {Age: 34} |Qazox| <8 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
John Prado {Age: 45} |Qazox| <19 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Teresa Ryder {Age: 42} |Qazox| <17 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Rory Cloen {Age: 54} |Qazox| <28 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Victor Isla {Age: 41} |Gaveo| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Pan Colonomos {Age: 47} |Drachmae| <10 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Javier Mendes {Age: 32} |Felix| <2 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Emaan Aakhtar {Age: 32} |Patistan| <3 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Mathias Morrison {Age: 35} |Yttribia| <7 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
U-21 Referees
Thomas Youngston {Age: 30} |Felix| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Joel Martín Águila Nena {Age: 32} |San Jose Guayabal| <2 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Mr. Clanky {Age: Unknown} |Backyard Sports| <12 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Police Officer AKSH283 {Age: 31} |Gregoryisgodistan| <0 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Tina Bard {Age: 34} |Qazox| <8 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
John Prado {Age: 45} |Qazox| <19 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Teresa Ryder {Age: 42} |Qazox| <17 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Rory Cloen {Age: 54} |Qazox| <28 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Victor Isla {Age: 41} |Gaveo| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Javier Mendes {Age: 32} |Felix| <2 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Emaan Aakhtar {Age: 32} |Patistan| <3 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
U-15 Referees
Thomas Youngston {Age: 30} |Felix| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Joel Martín Águila Nena {Age: 32} |San Jose Guayabal| <2 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Mr. Clanky {Age: Unknown} |Backyard Sports| <12 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Police Officer AKSH283 {Age: 31} |Gregoryisgodistan| <0 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Tina Bard {Age: 34} |Qazox| <8 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
John Prado {Age: 45} |Qazox| <19 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Teresa Ryder {Age: 42} |Qazox| <17 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Rory Cloen {Age: 54} |Qazox| <28 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Victor Isla {Age: 41} |Gaveo| <5 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Javier Mendes {Age: 32} |Felix| <2 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)
Emaan Aakhtar {Age: 32} |Patistan| <3 Years of Experience> (Tournaments Involved In: N/A)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:55 am
by Eastfield Lodge
An explicit link to the original thread wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 am
by San Jose Guayabal
Image


Name: Joel Martín Águila Nena
Age: 34
Sex: Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.): Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): All
Bio:Joel Nena is one of the best referees of SJG, comes from a family completely devoted
to football and religion, his father was the inspiration for being a referee because he was a
referee who was killed by a radical band of fans of the Red Star USSR (5th division team) for
penalty that "killed" their hope to them being national champions in the fifth division, because
he has always shown a good performance in games as big historic rivalry (FAS vs Alianza),
(Alianza vs Águila) or (FAS vs Águila) as well as being featured the best referee in the country
in two consecutive years. His favorite team is A.D Jaguares de Isidro Metapán.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:34 am
by Felix
Eastfield Lodge wrote:An explicit link to the original thread wouldn't hurt.

I'll put it on the OP.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 pm
by Backyard Sports
Image
Mr. Clanky
Age: Unknown
Sex: N/A
Species: Robot
Type of Referee: Head Referee
Level: All
Experience: WC64-present
Bio: Mr. Clanky is the referee of every single Backyard Soccer League game across all of the league's three divisions. It might seem like a bit of a heavy workload, but since he's a robot, there is little that can wear him out. And don't worry about the elements rusting him or clogging his gears, Mr. Clanky's designers built him to withstand quite a bit of punishment, so he could officiate in the middle of a hurricane if necessary. Another result of Mr. Clanky's robotic nature is his incredibly legalistic refereeing style. With every rule in the book programmed into him, Mr. Clanky will follow each one to the pixelated letter. This, of course, can prove to be a nuisance to the organic lifeforms that play and watch the games he officiates since he is known to call players offsides when they are a single nanometer beyond the last defender. However, he will never call an unjustified foul or book anyone unfairly, so there are a few upsides for the teams that play clean. Mr. Clanky may NOT be blamed for a bad result. However, players are free (and encouraged) to complain about his legalistic style.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:03 pm
by New Sideburn
Name: Maria Stout
Age: 42
Sex: Female
Species: Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): Senior
Experience: 5 years, chiefly in the NSB Premiership.
Appearance: 5'5" with an average build, Stout's still fairly athletic having only recently retired. Tanned for a Sideburnese, brown hair in dreadlocks.
Bio: A former international, Stout is very matey with players and tends to refer to them by forename when she remembers. Leniant towards physical contact, but dissent is heavily punished - would never let a player's argument influence a decision.

Name: Gareth Schwarzer
Age: 39
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): Senior
Experience: 6 years in the lower leagues, 8 years in the Premiership. Two Cup Finals.
Appearance: Tall, broadshouldered. Somewhat thinning brown hair, stubble.
Bio: One of the few SIdeburnese referees never to have played, Schwarzer started at 25 and earned his first game in the Premiership at 31 - highly respected. A fairly standard Sideburnese referee - tolerant of mild overpowering, leniant with cards and quick to play advantage.

Sideburnese linesmen (including Jayce Wilhelm and Markus Crossley) will be very leniant on offside - the attacker always gets the benefit of the doubt in New Sideburn, as the spirit of the law is to punish blatantly standing in the box, not people stealing half a yard ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:34 pm
by Felix
All updated.

I will also be using the U-15 refs for the U-15 World Cup, so if you folks want to submit the U-15 refs I will gladly use them. :)

And if the hosts of the World Cup/BoF/CoH want to use the refs just shoot me a TG and I will gladly send you the refs out if they aren't busy.

Thanks!

-Felix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:23 pm
by Gregoryisgodistan
Name: Police Officer AKSH283
Age: 31
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Type of Referee: Head
Level: All
Experience: League games, World Cup, National Cup Games, Recreational games, exhibitions in Gregoryisgodistan, U-15 WC
Bio: Police Officer AKSH283, as you might guess by his name, is a police officer in Gregoryisgodistan and officiates soccer part time. Just as he does on the police force, Police Officer AKSH283 is unafraid to hand out cards on the soccer field, and will frequently give yellow or even red cards for relatively minor offenses. Like all officers of Gregoryisgodistan, he has been known to be corrupt at times and will show bias toward countries Gregoryisgodistan has rivalries with on or off the field, such as Saintland, Sova Empire, Free Republics, and San Jose Guayabal. He will often give red cards to these teams' star players for no reason at all, other than that he hates their country. As a result, it might behoove organizing committees not to assign him to their matches.

Name: Slave 16A
Age: 96
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Type of Referee: Head
Level: All
Experience: League Games, National Cup Games
Bio: Slave 16A is a very old slave. He is 96 years old and needs a cane to walk. However, due to a shortage of referees in Gregoryisgodistan, he was appointed to be a referee for domestic games and is now moving on to international. He is a slave so they forced him to officiate. He sometimes beats players with his cane before giving them a card and is a crotchety old man who will give cards for minor offenses and will often get confused and give players yellow cards while yelling at them to get off his lawn, apparently mixing up the pitch and his lawn. Expect this to happen at least two to three times a game. And then he'll beat them with his cane. He is also hard of hearing, meaning he doesn't let the crowd influence him. However, he may give players cards for cursing because his misheard them, for instance, if someone yells at a teammate to "shift over', he might hear something else and give a yellow card. Conversely, if a player does curse or dissent, he might not hear it and not give a card.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm
by Qazox
Tina Bard (34 yrs old; 8 yrs exp.)
Image

Has surprisingly turned out to be a great ref. A small bias towards home teams, and does let the players play; but takes no BS from players or managers.

John Prado (45 yrs old; 19 yrs exp)
Image
A solid referee, who is slightly biased towards home teams. Is very anti-flopping and will red card if he suspects it.

Teresa Ryder (42 yrs old; 17 yrs exp)
Image
Calls it right down the middle. She isn't afraid to red-card for grievous fouls, but tends to let the players play a bit before calling a foul.

Rory Cloen (54 yrs old; 28 yrs exp.)
Image
A bit whistle-happy, seemingly calling any contact stronger than a push a foul. Tends to let matches run a bit long (avg: 94').

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:14 pm
by Felix
All updated and some of the new refs are heading to Felix to officiate the U-15 WC.

Also, I don't want to sound mean or anything but next time, can you guys follow the application for refs to the letter? It makes things much easier for me to organize.

Now, I assume all the refs submitted can do all levels of football, correct? If I messed up on that just shoot me a TG and I'll fix it all up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:20 pm
by Qazox
Felix wrote:All updated and some of the new refs are heading to Felix to officiate the U-15 WC.

Also, I don't want to sound mean or anything but next time, can you guys follow the application for refs to the letter? It makes things much easier for me to organize.

Now, I assume all the refs submitted can do all levels of football, correct? If I messed up on that just shoot me a TG and I'll fix it all up.

Umm no. Since this is just a re-hash thread, it'll be copy/paste for most.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:03 pm
by Felix
Qazox wrote:
Felix wrote:All updated and some of the new refs are heading to Felix to officiate the U-15 WC.

Also, I don't want to sound mean or anything but next time, can you guys follow the application for refs to the letter? It makes things much easier for me to organize.

Now, I assume all the refs submitted can do all levels of football, correct? If I messed up on that just shoot me a TG and I'll fix it all up.

Umm no. Since this is just a re-hash thread, it'll be copy/paste for most.

But it couldn't pain you to update your apps at least?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:41 am
by The Archregimancy
Qazox wrote:
Felix wrote:All updated and some of the new refs are heading to Felix to officiate the U-15 WC.

Also, I don't want to sound mean or anything but next time, can you guys follow the application for refs to the letter? It makes things much easier for me to organize.

Now, I assume all the refs submitted can do all levels of football, correct? If I messed up on that just shoot me a TG and I'll fix it all up.

Umm no. Since this is just a re-hash thread, it'll be copy/paste for most.


Common courtesy and NS Sports precedent both dictate that posts should be formatted - edited if possible - to fit the format specified in the OP.

As OP, Felix is within his rights to ask me to delete posts that fail to comply, or aren't edited to comply within a reasonable span of time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:14 am
by Gaveo
Image

Name:
Victor Isla
Age:
41
Sex:
Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.):
Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head):
Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All):
All
Experience:
5 years
Bio:
He is a famous referee from the sorta footballing nation of Gaveo. He is famous for his general fairness to teams big and small when it comes fouls, bookings and offside calls. But he will be slightly more harsh to players that flop or what he thinks when players flop and will quickly give them yellows. He has no favorite team.

---

Image

Name:
Pan Colonomos (This guy is actually from Drachmae and will referee under that nation's flag but the guy that controls all these nations is to lazy to switch nations so he will submit him here.)
Age:
47
Sex:
Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.):
Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head):
Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All):
Senior
Experience:
10 years
Bio:
He is from Drachmae and is kinda (in)famous for rooting for the favorite team. Ok, he is infamous for doing that. But overall he is somewhat of the fair ref... Alright, he isn't. But he is still certified to referee. Kinda. Anyways, as said earlier he will favor the favorite and will make some bad calls but overall he is your average referee that just wants to see the game on the pitch.

---

Image

Name:
Javier Mendes (This guy is actually from Felix and will referee under that nation's flag but the guy that controls all these nations is to lazy to switch nations so he will submit him here.)
Age:
32
Sex:
Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.):
Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head):
Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All):
All
Experience:
2 year
Bio:
Born in the Spanish speaking town of Villareal and is one of the best referees in Felix despite the fact he has only been a referee for two years. He was named, "New Referee of the Year" in his first year and he was named "Silver Card Referee of the Year" the next year. Known for his general fairness for teams he shows little to no bias between favorites and non-favorites. But, due to his lack of experience he has made a few bad calls but that can get fixed out as he gets more experienced in the job of refereeing. His favorite team is Universidad de Santander.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 am
by Felix
Aaaaand all updated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:34 am
by Patistan
Name: Emaan akhtar
Age:32
Sex:Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.):Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head):Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All):ALL
Experience:He has been the head of the Patistan premier league in the referee department for over then 3 years also refered a match of Patistan against San jose guyabayal
Bio: Emaans is devouted to religion but loves sports as well he played for Patistan national team for over 2 years until he was forced to retire due to consecutive injuries he decided to be a referre of the sport because he loved it he was awarded the best referee in Patistan award for a consecutive 3 years he has a wife named Saba and a 2 year old child named Arhum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:39 am
by Saintland
For now, I'll repost the Sanctii official from the previous thread, but this will be edited to fit the new format eventually:

Lucius Caeparius

Lucius Caeparius is an official from Saintland. Renowned as one of the best officials in Saintland's Soccer League, Caeparius has a reputation as a fair referee, in Saintland. Caeparius is normally reluctant to call fouls.

However, as Caeparius is a Sanctii official, he is biased against nations that are rivals with Saintland and is also biased against female players. He doesn't believe that female players belong on the pitch and will not hesitate to card them at the slightest excuse. When he isn't officiating, Caeparius is a huge gridiron fan. He was in attendance at Royal Stadium for that infamous visit by the Equestrian States team to Saintland during World Bowl XX, a gridiron game that is famously known as the Mud Bowl (where the heir to the throne of Saintland, Saintland QB Prince Petrus, was injured).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:57 am
by Felix
All updated, I will add Saintland's app as soon as he has the whole thing updated.

I also plan to make all the referees age by two years after every World Cup. If anyone has any objections to this, just inform me via TG.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:03 pm
by Yttribia
Image

Name: Mathias Morrison
Age: 35
Sex: Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.): Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): Senior
Experience: 7 years; Top referee in Yttribian Premiership, president of Yttribian Referee Association
Bio: Originally a top prospect in the collegiate level, an injury hindered his career as a player permanently, but not as a part-time football referee. His hard work and dedication to the rules of the game led to him quickly rise up in the referee world. He is known for being a bit biased to home teams, but does not take a joke whenever someone objects a ruling, unless they some reason. Despite this, he is one of the most respected, and loved referees by players and fellow referees alike.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 pm
by Felix
All updated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:23 am
by Vilita
Felix wrote:All updated.


Are you also going to add the referees that were in the old thread to your list? Also, its typically only a Dictionary if you are listing things in Alphabetical order.

I also feel like having repeat entries under Senior / U-21 / U-15 will eventually get quite cumbersome to look at once all the old refs are added in. I'm not sure it will be worth the separate distinction if the majority are just repeated anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:40 am
by Felix
Vilita wrote:
Felix wrote:All updated.


Are you also going to add the referees that were in the old thread to your list? Also, its typically only a Dictionary if you are listing things in Alphabetical order.

I also feel like having repeat entries under Senior / U-21 / U-15 will eventually get quite cumbersome to look at once all the old refs are added in. I'm not sure it will be worth the separate distinction if the majority are just repeated anyway.

I will add the other refs from the old thread at some point, but not right now. I got midterms here so I don't have that much time for NS in general.

And, now that you say that, I might as well put it in alphabetical order and fix up the order. I'll get that going today hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:21 pm
by Northern Sunrise Islands
Image
Pre-rehab


Name: Milal Kutnos
Age: 46
Sex: Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.): Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): All
Experience: 10 years, with unnoficial 10 years refereeing jail football matches.
Bio: Kutnos was once, back in the day, a pretty "talented" assassin, aside from just being a regular strongman, surviving good amounts of damage. He would go on to kill many targets on his youth at the Sunrice back when they were still a separate colony, until they somehow jailed him with a referee whistle. It seemed like the object somehow would take all of his bloodlust away for whatever reason. It made him such a commoner that he would only stay 10 years at prison until South Edenia requested him in change for a couple of gold bars so that he could be their head referee at the country's national football league.

With his killing days over, he now applies to become an international referee, on hopes that they can forgive him for his past. Oh, by the way, don't try to take the mask off. Seriously. It's the most hideous thing this side of Kabal.

Image

Name: Joan Headesk
Age: Undetermined
Sex: Female
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.): Gothitelle
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Assistant
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): All
Experience: 5 years
Bio: By far not the most popular Pokémon related to football on the country, Headesk did accomplish a couple of impressive things, mainly achieving top rating from the Academy of Referees at Madjorie at a class that consisted mostly of humans and did referee a couple of Sunrise League games. The main reason that she is looking for a spot internationally is that money is kinda low as the NSIFC still uses more humans at refereeing, making her look for outsiders who may or may not be less... antiqued.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:10 am
by Bandwagon
[insert picture of ref]http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2013/10/referee-alan-kelly-1392013-390x285.jpg

Name: Tommy O'Rourke
Age: 40
Sex: Male
Species (Human, Elf, Earth Pony, etc.): Human
Type of Referee (Assistant, Head): Head
Level (U-15, U-21, Senior, All): All
Experience: 15 Years of Experience.
Bio: Born in Cork he is Bandwagon's Premier Referee. His father Gerald, his brother Cillian and his grandfather Paul have all been referees. He is a very passionate referee and awards lots of penalties and free kicks. He is very popular in Bandwagon and has his own TV show.