NATION

PASSWORD

Dancougar/Macabees World Cup 49 Bid

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:38 am

Bears Armed wrote:One that I would prefer the hosts (or somebody else, rather than myself) scorinate.
Although I'm not actually volunteering to have one of my teams dropped before any other puppets that were signed-up after them, I suppose from an IC viewpoint holding a play-off like this makes more sense than dropping a "puppet" that isn't so closely linked to its "master" would do... so if the hosts decide to do it this way around, I wouldn't actually object.

Although I don't think this should be a general rule, should your puppet come into the line of fire and should this be the option that you prefer then I would be glad to scorinate a play-off to decide who will show up in the world cup qualification.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:39 am

Bostopia wrote:Will mentions of Gibraltar suffer a KPB loss or an instant 3 - 0 defeat?.. sorry.

Ceuta & Melilla > Gibraltar >:(
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Dancougar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dancougar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 am

An addendum has been made to the bid's "Format" section:

Given the continued rise of signups over 122 teams, we're approaching a point where 137 (15x9 + 2) and 142 (20x7 + 2) would also work. While each has some undesirable properties from one point of view - outlined in discussion below - it seems prudent at this point to accept that accommodating the masses may require a larger qualification stage. Therefore, we will accept signups up to a maximum of 142 teams and then proceed with puppet elimination.
Scorinators: Basketsim | NSFS 2.0.7.2
NSWiki: D-League
Sporting Braggery:
Champions: WC46, WB(1,4,6), BoF26, OC11, WLC6
Second: WB3, WCoH11, WLC(4,5)
Third: WC(43,48), WB2, WLC2, KC1
WC Qual: 40-50
Club Champions: GC6, IUCC(4-6,12,14,16,18-20)
Host: WB(7,10), BoF31, CoH(36+Caf,38), IBC(1-5)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Dancougar wrote:
Bostopia wrote:Will mentions of Gibraltar suffer a KPB loss or an instant 3 - 0 defeat?.. sorry.

I've looked through the NSFS code and there is no such provision; you should be safe. I thought it might be next to the secret code that keeps Qazox out of the knockout s, but that seems to have vanished as well.

This is also a good time to additionally point out that RP references to anime or giant robots will not guarantee an insta-win on days when Dancougar scorinates.

Can you eliminate the part of the code that keeps me from winning a World Cup? :rofl: J/K ALL!
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Dancougar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dancougar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Qazox wrote:Can you eliminate the part of the code that keeps me from winning a World Cup?

I conveniently just forgot Java.
Scorinators: Basketsim | NSFS 2.0.7.2
NSWiki: D-League
Sporting Braggery:
Champions: WC46, WB(1,4,6), BoF26, OC11, WLC6
Second: WB3, WCoH11, WLC(4,5)
Third: WC(43,48), WB2, WLC2, KC1
WC Qual: 40-50
Club Champions: GC6, IUCC(4-6,12,14,16,18-20)
Host: WB(7,10), BoF31, CoH(36+Caf,38), IBC(1-5)

Slaytesics
Minister

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:21 pm

against this bid!
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia wrote:Total BS.
Wanna meet girls? Go play Farmville.
Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:(Image)

Ranbo wrote:Heey! I'm not perv!

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Slaytesics wrote:against this bid!

Care to explain why? I'm not against stating intention to in favour or against any bid, I also don't mind non-WCC members such as yourself contributing to a discussion over a WC bid. Simply saying "against this bid!" is pretty much just a "me too!" post. Not helpful.

Generally, although a change of format might lead to generally undesirable things such as bye days, it is worse to have so many teams excluded from the competition. Whilst some might wait till next time, others may lose interest. Generally I would urge all bidders to at least consider the options, something this bid has done the most out of all three.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Voltronica
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltronica » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:49 pm

is there a link to the process of becoming a member? TG me plz i just want to see the structure of all this.
I am a bit of a pervert so get over it...or under it whichever you prefer ;)
[unclaimed space]
Serial RPist since Aug 2009!!
| Music Culture of Voltronica | FanT FB (UC)|
Phishing with worms is fun! I caught a catphish.
Quoets

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:51 pm

Voltronica wrote:is there a link to the process of becoming a member? TG me plz i just want to see the structure of all this.

To become part of the WCC you need to post a roster at two consecutive World Cups. This is detailed in the WCC constitution.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports