NATION

PASSWORD

The First Games of the Water Rose | OoC Thread (Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Well, I got most of the work done on the Day 1 - Afternoon scoring. Though I wasn't able to get it up on the board today, I did manage to finish one other project I'd been editing in - the Real-Time Rose Count. The RTRC table at the bottom of the opening results thread post will show the total number of roses that have been awarded as results come out, starting with the roses being awarded in the Day 1 - Afternoon results, which will be released (and the roses listed on the RTRC) tomorrow.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Day 1 - Afternoon results are up in the results thread. I will be updating the RTRC table shortly.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Due to school pressure I will be releasing results every four days instead of every two, but instead of doing morning and afternoon, I will release a full day of results on the scorination day. Day 2 will be scorinated on the 15th and each day's results will follow four days after, thus keeping the games to nearly the same schedule we had prior to this update.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Folks, my apologies for the slowness of the results release. Between RL issues (school is being a pain, and I took a really nasty tumble down the stairs after being knocked off by our dog) and my other NS stuff, I'm having a hard time keeping up. However, I will scorinate as much as I can during the week, and I will scorinate everything that's left during this weekend to still finish on schedule by the 23rd.

Again, my apologies for the delays.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Folks, I'm still having school troubles, and on top of that, my computer's not letting me start the scorinator, so I'm working that out. It'll be a while longer before I can get results out.

I am so sorry for the delays on these results. I really hoped that I could make this project work, but it seems I've done a lousy job indeed, having crashed into one problem after another. I'll try to give it another run in either December or June to try to make up for all the hustle and bustle that's been slowing this one down, but for now, I'll finish up this run as soon as I can find time. Sorry again, folks.

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey, no worries.

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey, wasn't this event supposed to finish?
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Lymantatia wrote:Hey, wasn't this event supposed to finish?

Yes, and it will. I'll be finishing this over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had a big RL backlog, which is starting to abate to the point where I can scorinate again. We will finish, if behind schedule.

The next time I run this will be in July (with apps coming in May), so that we avoid this situation. I'm sorry for the long delays, folks, but RL became a pain. :(

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Mewsland wrote:
Lymantatia wrote:Hey, wasn't this event supposed to finish?

Yes, and it will. I'll be finishing this over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had a big RL backlog, which is starting to abate to the point where I can scorinate again. We will finish, if behind schedule.

The next time I run this will be in July (with apps coming in May), so that we avoid this situation. I'm sorry for the long delays, folks, but RL became a pain. :(

Hey, It's been since the Thanksgiving weekend and nothing's happened, and what's going on?
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Well, I'm back. Had a computer crash to deal with, and school was being a pain, but I'm back. And I'm scorinating right now. I'll have some results by the end of the night.

EDIT: Crap. My computer crashes whenever I run Xkoranate. I'll reset and restart tomorrow morning, have some results then. :(

This really pains me to see that I'm having so much trouble with this event. RL troubles and computer problems have conspired to get in my way here. I'm currently nursing a bad eye (tore a muscle in it - ouch) and dealing with a torrent of college work before finals later this month. I'm so sorry to all of you who put your trust in me for getting this event done on schedule, but know I will finish it, one way or another.

EDIT 2: We found the problem - one of the RAM cards burned out, and I don't have the money to replace it. Unfortunately, that means my computer no longer has the hardware capabilities to run xkoranate alongside everything else I need to create the score reports, and I don't have the money to upgrade. Alas, this means I must close these games down. If and when I ever run another Water Rose Games, it will be run with far faster and more organized scoring, and during summer so school is not an issue. Apologies to all of you.
Last edited by Mewsland on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports