NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 48 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Perinpanland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Perinpanland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 pm

!Perinpan Sports Network!]

Cameras pan to three men sitting on an oval desk with. On the right is the Soccer Analysis Joe Brown. In the middle is a young dashing Soccer Informat Chad Dylan and on the Right is Ex-Coach of Chymala FC Steve White.

Mr. Brown: Hi and welcome to the Gol! Perinpanland! It is time, welcome to Stadio Comunale - Elbegna where Perinpanland shall play Wild Isle.

Mr. White: That is correct we are awaiting kickoff time in approx: 1 and a half hours. The crowd does seem the be arriving steadily as they wear their team colours. Red and Black. Perinpanland flag are draped down and folded out in the stadia. The Perinpan crowd is ready to watch as they scream to their hearts content.

Mr. Dylan: Last time we discussed the group Perinpanland was in. What did we say about Wild Isle again?

Highlight of the last show is played

Wild Isle, I feel they may be overconfident in these games. Well that is if they get the first victory. They are also very cultural. If not respected this game may turn into a football rumble! In fact and this may be a rumour but they will actually beef up the security inside the field to stop all the fighting and rip apart the two players. The Goalkeeper is only capable of a 100% save only if it's a 1 on 1 scenario. The more we pass the more likely we are more likely to score. This team looks like it is full of ball hogs. They will all try to strive for net. Our job is to put tons of pressure onto the player with the ball until we are able to retieve it. This team looks like it is offensive but able to be defensive when they have enough time to do so. Our job here is to turn the game around quickly and effectivly.

back to our hosts

Mr. Brown: That is right. Our team would need to pass it back and forth. Meaning our forwards must be in sync when running up and down the field. Coach Martini has also stressed that the players should put imense amount of pressure onto the player with the ball but at the same time keep the formation so that if they do pass it could easily be intercepted. No assumptions were made by our coaching staff but scenarios are played to show our players how to overcome it. These players look big and scary, Steve, you were a coach what would you tell your players before the game

Mr. White: Well, Joe, Basically I'd make fun of the team saying braun over brain and also remind them that the bigger they are, the harder the fall. I'd also have everyone play 200%. THey must play to their fullest. This game is more important than any other game in the finals.

Mr. Dylan: Well you've been blessed because they are listening to us right now

Mr. White: Aw shucks

Mr. Brown: I am expecting a lot of good plays by Charpentier and Trotter. Alot of good saves by Trotter as they are likly to shot ALOT!

Mr. Dylan: Really, well I am looking for some really good plays by our defensive lines. They would need to take the ball away from the opponent and travel with the ball playing with their team mates to get in a good position to score. I am really seeing a 2-0 victory Steve!.

Mr. Brown:Haha! We have the coach on standby waiting for us...hi you there?

the camera shows Enrico Martini has he faces a camera with a headset

Martini:Yes I'm here

the camera shows Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown: How have you prepped your team for this game

Martini: Well, basically what Steve White just said. I told them to remain calm. We went through some plays. I went through some surefire ways to score and some great defensive plays. Remember the best offence is defence! I told them don't be scared when they rush you but remain calm and be right in front of them. Block them from any chance they have of shooting or passing. They won't be able to go through without fouling you and then we have the ball.

the camera shows Steve White as he blushes

Mr. White: I'm here for you

Mr. Brown: Thank you and good luck on this game

Martini: Thanks

the camera shows the stadium with fans arriving. "WOOH!!" "YEAH!!!" "Perinpanland For la victoria!!!!"

Mr. Brown: You could see as the crowds settle. Perinpanian fans have risen and chanted and even sing GOL! PERINPANLAND!" and the national anthem, "VIVA LA PERINPANLAND, FOR YOU!" [/b]

Last edited by Perinpanland on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    [5]Its Chill
    [4]We're watching now!
    [3]We're arming our forces and cleaning our tanks!!
    [2]BAM!!!! BAM!!! We're at war!!!
    [1]NUCLEAR WAR AND THE USAGE OF WMD is now being involved

Mashiki
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mashiki » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 pm

"Fireworks are erupting everywhere, as we Mashiks take to the streets. Not to protest, no definitely not at this time, but to support our country in international circumstances.", said Darrylo.

"Yes that's right Darrylo, with the Baptism of Fire fast approaching, thousands of excited Mashiks flock towards the big screens set up in our major cities. I don't think I've ever seen such excitement here since our 50th Anniversary of Formation Day 3 years ago. There's people out with big drums, some of Mashiki's most popular bands are out here, and some people just want to go and have a bit of fun!" exclaimed Dajid.

"Some people are very optimistic about how our team is going to perform as well, with some max people saying we could win this!"

"That's probably not going to happen but I do think we can go far in this competition. Wait a minute... 'listens in earpiece' ... Yes.., OK right our sports correspondent Jackyl Dalvids is going to speak to us outside of the Lon Biteri stadium in Iturributa. Jackyl can you here me?"

"Yes thank you Dajid, well the atmosphere is here is truly... errm... well atmospheric you might say. I mean, there are many people descending upon the stadium in order to get a good view of the game, but in this stadium that's not exactly essential, as the front seats are packed tightly next to the pitch ensuring an excellenht view of the football on show. It is one of the smaller stadiums in Iturributa, but it is certainly one of the best in money ways."

"Jackyl, how many Mashiks would you say are at the stadium?"

"Oh, at least 6,000 Dajid. Anyone that booked tickets for here will most certainly not be wanting to miss it."

"Finally Jackyl, how do you think the players will be feeling you being a former footballer yourself?"

"They shouldn't be nervous, but they will be, this being their first proper match and everything. But I think they will pull through."

"Thank you Jackyl! So Darrylo, few hours left, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine thanks but I probably won't be during the match, I think this could be a close one."

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see,"

ShikiRadio 97.3's Weekly Sports preview on the week before the BoF 48 Group Stages.
RP Population: 76,000,000
Very Conservative. Don't really like foreigners.

Winner of Swamp Soccer World Cup III
Runner-up at Swamp Soccer World Cup II
Ranks: Football - 66

Urbis Tractus
Lobbyist

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Urbis Tractus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:19 pm

“Y’alreet pal ??”

“I’m good ta, you ??”

“I’m alreet mate, I’m alreet. What do you think of this Oz-ee-dee-ack-er place then ??”

“It’s strange mate. You ‘erd of La Plaga ??”

“La What ??”

“La Plaga. It’s some sorta disease, wiped out the old people here. The Oh-sy-ree-cans, or summat.”

“It still ‘ere now ??”

“It ain’t mate, thank Cheesers. They isolated ‘emselves for a while, when they opened up the place again, most of the people ‘ere were gone.”

“Fucking mental that pal. Who we playing tonight ??”

“Aye-oh-star, I think that’s ‘ow ya say it anyway.”

“You know ‘owt about ‘em ??”

“No, they ain’t said ‘owt about the team or anythin’.”

“Bloody foreign nutters...”

- Two Tractian fans at Stade de la Mer in Sant’Elia

Pronunciation – People in Urbis Tractus have very heavy accents, so expect abbreviated words, and nation names in their syllables in my RPs.

Cheesers – Shortened version of Cheesers Crice, who was a god to the Ancients (people that kept UT as a city in one place thousands of years ago). Corruption of a name, hopefully I don’t need to explain it to people...
Puppet of the Licentian Isles

Ossidiacqua
Envoy

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ossidiacqua » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:08 pm

CUTOFF for the Acquan half of the draw for MD1!

Whilst you wait for your scores, which should be along shortly, do feel free to read the first of a series of World Cup History posts that were prepared for BoF 45 by Astograth (Iturributa) and Kagdazka and Pazhujebu, a series that both hosts feel is well worth a re-post and should almost be required reading for new participants.
Part the First (WCs 1-10)
The Former Oasirican Republic of Ossidiacqua - Pop. 87,500,000
Capital: Sant'Elia - Demonym: Acquan - Trigramme: OSD
Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 56
"If Found, Please Return to Time and Space"
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Ossidiacqua
Envoy

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ossidiacqua » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Group A
Apox 1–2 Dark
Aosta 1–2 Urbis Tractus
Northern Sunrise Islands 0–1 Earo

Group A                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  Pts 
1 Dark 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
2 Urbis Tractus 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
3 Earo 1 1 0 0 1 0 3
4 Aosta 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
5 Apox 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
6 Northern Sunrise Islands 1 0 0 1 0 1 0

Group B
Leorudo 3–1 Boyznichov
Mesoland 1–3 Oswaldia
Wellboneland 0–1 Vielha

Group B                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  Pts 
1 Leorudo 1 1 0 0 3 1 3
2 Oswaldia 1 1 0 0 3 1 3
3 Vielha 1 1 0 0 1 0 3
4 Boyznichov 1 0 0 1 1 3 0
5 Mesoland 1 0 0 1 1 3 0
6 Wellboneland 1 0 0 1 0 1 0

Group C
Danaelia 1–1 Kingdom of Phoenixia
Zandistan 3–0 The nordic land of Skyrim
Balma 1–3 Sicoutimont

Group C                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  Pts 
1 Sicoutimont 1 1 0 0 3 1 3
2 Zandistan 1 1 0 0 3 0 3
3 Danaelia 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
4 Kingdom of Phoenixia 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
5 Balma 1 0 0 1 1 3 0
6 The nordic land of Skyrim 1 0 0 1 0 3 0

Group D
Backyard Sports 1–3 Aqusul
Anollasia 3–1 Redaya
Yorobia 1–2 Bisim

Group D                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  Pts 
1 Anollasia 1 1 0 0 3 1 3
2 Aqusul 1 1 0 0 3 1 3
3 Bisim 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
4 Backyard Sports 1 0 0 1 1 3 0
5 Redaya 1 0 0 1 1 3 0
6 Yorobia 1 0 0 1 1 2 0

Group E
Timfen 2–1 HorusLand
Peripanland 1–2 Wild Isle
Deep Fried Pickles 2–1 Bongo Johnson

Group E                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  Pts 
1 Deep Fried Pickles 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
2 Timfen 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
3 Wild Isle 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
4 Bongo Johnson 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
5 HorusLand 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
6 Peripanland 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
The Former Oasirican Republic of Ossidiacqua - Pop. 87,500,000
Capital: Sant'Elia - Demonym: Acquan - Trigramme: OSD
Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 56
"If Found, Please Return to Time and Space"
Puppet of Polar Islandstates

Democratic States of Fenbar
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic States of Fenbar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Final Teamsheet for opening game announced!

Formation: 4-3-2-1

Goalkeeper: 1. W.Carr

Rightback: 17. S.Murphy

Centre Backs: 5. S.Fenn, 6. J.Knox

Leftback: 21. W.Call

Rightwing: 7. S.Warne

Centre Midfield: 8. C.Carlo

Leftwing: 12. B.Fence

Strikers: 10. S.Hockaday, 11. S.Postgate

Centre Forward: 9. J.Ackle (c)

Michael Griffiths has named his starting XI for the opening match of the tournament against Cosmic Censorship in Guenara. Look for plenty of pace down the wings through Fence and Warne, whilst Carlo, Hockaday and Postgate will be feeding the ball through to Ackle, who should end up with plenty of chances to score. He is dangerous in the air, and in a 1-on-1 situation. The defence can add an extra menace in dead ball situations, and Carr is ever reliable in goal.
Last edited by Democratic States of Fenbar on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonym: Fenbarric | Trigramme: DSF | RP pop: 280 600 000 | Capital: Fenton | Monarch: King Lucas II
Runners-up: World Twenty20 Championships VI
Quarter-Finals: Baptism of Fire 48, World Twenty20 Championships III
Games of the IX Olympiad: 11 Golds - 2 Silvers - 9 Bronzes - 22 Medals
Other: 1st Kabaddi World Champs, 1st Fenbarric Cup runners up, 2nd Fenbarric Cup 3rd, 1st FCS 5th

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:59 pm

From the Apoxian Word:

Apox step up to the International Scene, and then fluff it

The Apox football went out today against the mysterious ice-demons of Dark. The brave lads from Apox ran out against the frankly terrifying ice-demons of Dark, knowing that today would be challenging. And so it was.

As the first half kicked off the demons immediately advanced up the pitch, leering aggresively at the keeper, Jarvis Staniels. However, the demon Jikininki skied the kick over the bar. Consequently, the Apox team counter attacked and yet, before you knew it, the ice-demons had the ball again, before missing the kick. The first half continued in this way, with the demons enjoying 67% possession.

At half time, Apox changed tactics, going for the long ball, through to a striker after a goal kick. Unfortunately, the demon Div-e Sepid took it upon itself to score in the 55th minute, crushing the Apox team's hopes temporarily. HOwever, after a nice through ball to Stan Miller, Ken Rickwright was on hand to net a cheaky goal to the howls of the ice demon players. Play continued tensely until the demon Rakshasha kicked Apoxian player Tom Heeeh in the head resulting in an emergency substitution and a red card for the offending demon. However, it made the difference, and the Apox defense failed in the confusion, allowing the demon Jikininki to shamble closer to goal and knock one in, leaving the score 2-1 at full time.

Team Sheet from the Game
GK - Jarvis Staniels
RD - Jack Forster
CD - Chris Neguwa
LD - Donnie Rathburn sub Jennie Scott 66'
RM - Olim Benzari
CM - Jonty Smith
CM - Ken Rickwright
LM - Tom Heeeh sub Cas Newan 84'
ST - Stan Miller
ST - Dravid Scott
ST - Oli Weekes
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Vielha
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vielha » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Playing style: The Vielhan team plays a very possession orientated game. If they have the ball, the other team can’t score. Furthermore, the Vielhan National Team is short on physically strong and strong tackling players. Additionally, chasing the ball is a very tiring adventure to embark open. The National Team also presses very hard for five seconds or so after losing the ball. After this the team backs off and attempts to build a compact, ten-man wall. Similarly, the National Team rarely seeks to score off a quick counter attack. Rather the team will take their time in building up for another attack.

Choose my goalscorers? Y
Godmod scoring events? N
RP injuries to my players? Y --Ask first please
Godmod injuries to my players? N
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Y
Hand out red cards to my players? N
Godmod other events? N

Coach: Josep Alexander Vilario (38 year old)

National Team XI:
Luso----Senzi----Cuco
---------Piojito--------
Vell(c) ----- Dico
Campo—Puxti(vc)--Zedinha—Salgado
Oradell

Squad: Please note that only Starting XI will receive a Player Report Card and Rating.
Goalkeepers
#1: GK: Simon Oradell(Paramus FC)
The premier shot stopper in the Liga Primera, Oradell has plied his trade with Paramus FC since he was seven years old. A meteoric rise through the clubs youth teams saw him make his professional debut at the age of 19. However it would be another two years before he established himself as a first team regular following a broken arm.
Appearances: 0(0) Goals: 0 Assists: 0 Goals Conceded: 0
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Oro is renowned for his remarkable reflexes. Similarly, he has the agility required to make the most use of those reflexes. And finally Oro is a commanding figure, easily marshalling his defenders.
Weaknesses: Oradell is weak in the air, showing a particular vulnerability to crosses
Player Rating: 3/5
Trophies: None

#13: Alexis Montivo Barbasol ‘Wally’ (Montse)
Nobody is really quite sure why his nickname is Wally but nobody really cares as he is an incredible keeper. Good all around keeper who’s strong suite is his distribution skills. No real weaknesses for good ole Wally.
Trophies: 0

#23: Vito Manroe (Nioncha)
Talking Points: Dominant in the air, good communication. Poor 1v1s and kicking.

Defenders:
#2: LB: Luis Enrique Salgado (Montse)
Surprisingly strong for a man his size, Salgado makes good use of his speed and strength as much on offense as he does on defense. He also possess a great jumping ability, making up for his shortness. Salgado is more then capable of shutting down any opposing player who comes his way before breaking forward on one of his masquerading runs along the left side of the pitch, exchanging passes with midfielders and forwards as he becomes more of a left midfielder then a left back. He can also make use of his dribbling skills, which are on par with a winger, to give an opponent the slip.
Appearances: 0(0) Goals: 0 Assists: 0
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Salgado is a strong and fast player. He makes use of a good jumping ability to challenge for the ball in the air. He also has very good dribbling skills. Additionally, he has high stamina.
Weaknesses: Salgado has poor heading.
Player Rating: 3.5/5

#3: CB (RB): Carles Pere Narcis ‘Puxti’ (Montse) ---Vice-Captain
The battle hardened veteran of the team, Puxti is an incredibly competitive player who delivers consistently strong performances. Narcis is renowned for his give all attitude in games and how he expects that of every player on his team. Standing and slide tackling are arts that he has perfected, and rarely makes a mistake when going in on an opponent. A marvelous defender who will never give up and just keeps going and going and going.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Puxti is a physically and mentally strong player. He is incredibly driven to win the game, with a high level of bravery. He is a master of standing and slide tackling. Additionally, Puxti inspires the team with his work ethic.
Weaknesses: Puxti has no real weaknesses.
Player Rating: 4/5

#5: CB (LB): Vincent Ramon Zedafeliano ‘Zedinha’ (FC Terraserra)
The tallest player on the team, Zedinha is a defensive lynchpin. A very ambitious and spirited defender, Zedinha is a highly reliable player who can be counted on to prevent a player getting past him. A tall and commanding figure, Ramon is dominant in the air. He has very good ball control for a defender and, like all members of the team, great passing. Easily one of the best at protecting the keeper.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Zedinha is a physically strong player. He is dominate in the air. This, coupled with his strong heading ability, makes him a danger on corners. He has exceptional standing tackling.
Weaknesses: Zedinha is not the best at slide tackling.

#11: RB (RM): Victor Guifré Campo (CF Sabadali)
Campo started out his youth career as a promising winger due his incredible acceleration, great pace, and dribbling ability. However, injuries to his teammates saw him play as a right back and it was, somewhat what surprisingly, a position that he excelled at. And he still does. Quick, nimble feet allow him to poke to ball out from an opponents feet. Those same feet allow him to blazing upfield on the right flank to deadly effect.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Campo is a very fast player with quick acceleration. He has very good dribbling. He has exceptional standing tackling.
Weaknesses: Campo is quite weak in the air. Campo has a poor jumping and heading ability.

#14: CB (RB): Xavier Didac Ignasi 'Iggy' (Montse)
Talking Points: Physically Strong, Dominant in the air, Good heading, Good passing. Quite Slow.

#16: LB (RB/CB) Nicolau Didac ‘Nico’ (CF Sabadali)
Talking Points: Very fast, strong tackling, Strong in the air.

#22: RB (LB): Alex Vincente Blanxart (Montse)
Talking Points: Fast, Good tackling, Good passing, Good technical ability.

Midfielders:
#4: LCM: Miquel Bartomeu Soler ‘Vell’ (Montse) Captain
The old man who captains the team, the affectionately nicknamed Vell is bound to be key in any sort of success the national team can hope to have. Easily the best Vielharan passer of a football, Vell can accurately pass the ball at any distance countless times in a row. Magnifying this powerful and important ability is his extremely high footballing intelligence. The product of the Montse Cantera loves to play short and simple passes. To that end, he prefers to play nice and neat one-two plays, along with one-two touch passes. He’s always trying to set up a goal and tries to play the killer ball with frequency. In an effort to dictate the tempo of the game, Vell likes to drop deep to the defense in order to collect the ball before passing it upfield.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Vell has exceptional passing. Vell runs the team and his presence on the pitch inspires other players. He has a superb first touch and brilliant first and second touch passing.
Weaknesses: Vell is very weak in the air. He also has very poor jumping and heading abilities.
Player Rating: 5/5

#6: RCM (CDM): Andreu Lluís Noguerra ‘Dico’ (FC Terraserra)
A defensive midfielder for club, Dico has been pushed to operate a bit higher up on the pitch. And he’s adapted very well. A very simple game, his skill is passing. That’s it. Nothing else about him really stands out aside from a brilliant first touch. But he is the undisputed Vielhan passing master. From one inch to one hundred yards, Dico can hit his passes with pinpoint accuracy. He sits in the center of the midfield, content to stay back and guard the defense whilst Piojito and Vell push forwards on the attack. Solid, if simple, player.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Dico is a master of both long and short passing. Additionally, Dico has a silky first touch. Furthermore, Dico has strong sliding and standing tackling.
Weaknesses: Dico is an incredibly predictable player in the sense that he only really passes.
Player Rating: 3/5

#10: CAM: Maximiliano Ignasi Francesco ‘Piojito’ (Montse)
Despite his young age, Piojito is a clever midfielder who can control and keep the ball with style and flair. He’s quick, brilliant at dribbling, and plays a killer final ball. A big contributor to his success at the best club in Vielha is his intelligence, plotting his next move before the ball is sent his way. He’s a player who isn’t afraid to take on a defender or two. He can run at them all day.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Piojito is a clever midfielder who is very fast. He has exceptionally good dribbling skills. Additionally, he is a very stylish player, attempting fancy passes and touches. Piojito is a very intelligent player, capable of plotting several passes, shots, and/or dribbling opportunities before he has received the ball.
Weaknesses: Piojito is, not only poor in the air, but does not possess a good jumping ability.
Player Rating: 4.5/5

#12: CDM (CM): Martí Guifré ‘Fregi’ (CF Ikano)
Talking Points: Smart player, Great passing, Good off the ball movement. Injury Prone.

#20: CM (CDM/CAM): Llorenc Bartomeu ‘Meu Meu’ (Paramus FC)
Talking Points: Jack of all trades. No real strengths, no real weaknesses.

#15: CAM: Carles Roc Mateu ‘Afa’ (Llorata CF)
Talking Points: Fast player, great technical ability, good passing. Physically weak, poor in the air.

#18: CM (CDM/CAM) Feliu Quintana ‘Arro’ (Real Asenti)
Talking points: Good passing, Great tackling, Great in the air, Great intercepting ability. Poor speed, Poor mobility, Below average technical ability.

Forwards:
#8: LW (RW/AM): Ricard Bartomeu Quintana ‘Luso’ (Montse)
An incredibly talented dribbler, Luso is a master of close ball control. Able to play on either wing and in any attacking midfielder position, Luso can quietly slip away from play before popping up and wreaking havoc with his dribbling skills. A(nother) player who came from Montse’s Cantera, is wonderfully skilled at passing, spotting a chance, and off the ball movement. He uses the latter as a method to create space for himself and teammates by dragging defenders around with his movement before using his great touch and brilliant passing abilities to play quick passes in an effort to set up a goal.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Luso is a smart midfielder whose off the ball movements are bound to give the opposition trouble. He has exceptionally good dribbling skills. Luso has a strong passing ability. Luso has a strong ability to spot chances and make the most of them. Additionally Luso comes deep to get the ball and tries to pass out of trouble. Furthermore, Luso is prone to looking for a pass rather then scoring.
Weaknesses: Luso is very poor in the air and is a physically weak player.

#9: ST: Josep Antonio Quintana ‘Senzi’ (Koenig CF)
A traditional striker, Senzi does the simple things. No fancy dribbling, no tricky moves, passes, or touches. He just receives the ball, gets by a defender, and has a go at goal. Not the fastest or most agile of players, yet somehow he manages to give his marker the slip. Probably has to due with his size and strength. Anyhow, he gets a bit of wiggle room for himself before launching off one of his trademark rocked shots.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Senzi is a physically strong player who will push his marker away from him to get some space. He also is great in the air due to his size and possesses strong heading. On the ground, Senzi has a strong shot.
Weaknesses: Senzi is a very predictable player. Outmuscle his marker, move into space, shoot.
Player Rating: 2.5/5

#7: RW (LW/ST): Andres Higini Mateu ‘Cuco’ (Ituraitz FC--Astograth)
A superb natural athlete, Cuco is perhaps the most dangerous player on the team. He’s incredibly fast, very strong, and has high acceleration. Cuco is equally dangerous from five yards as he is from 35 as he hits his shots accurately and with power. He is incredibly skilled with the ball, performing all sorts of unexpected tricks in order to bypass his opponent. He is the teams main free kick taker as he is a master of several different styles although he prefers to hit a dipping shot. Cuco recently completed a move to the powerhouse team Ituraitz FC in Astograth for what is rumored to be a considerable transfer fee.
Player Report Card:
Strengths: Cuco is ambipedal meaning he is as equally adapt at using his left foot as his right. Cuco is an incredibly talented dribbler. Cuco is a superb athlete. He’s lightening fast, has quick acceleration, and is very strong. Cuco has a very strong shot and is a master at freekicks. Cuco likes to cut inside
Weaknesses: Cuco has a tendency to try a complicated move in a situation where a simple dribble would suffice.
Player Rating: 5/5

#17: CF (LW/RW/CAM): Victor Lapalia (Montse)
The youngest player and perhaps the most talented on the team, Lapalia is destined for greatness. Possessing bewitching speed, an incredible first touch, and immaculate dribbling, this right footed wonder regularly dismantles opposing teams. Having finally been promoted from the Montse B team, after blazing through the famed Cantera of Montse, halfway through this past season, Lapalia immediately made his mark on the Liga Primera, scoring seven and assisting five in 15 league matches. An immensely talented player, the whole nation waits with bated breath to see what this young magician will achieve in his lifetime.

#21: RW (LW): Alexander Felipe Ventura 'Deco' (Montse)
Powerful and dynamic, Deco has great ball skills and is known for his ability to speed up action on the pitch. He is also a fast player, possessing great acceleration and pace. Deco also has brilliant long range shots and is a master of bending in freekicks. Additionally, Deco has good passing, which is too be expected from a player on the Montse team. He loves cutting in on his stronger left foot and letting loose a wicked shot.

#19: ST (LW/RW): Jaumet Mañel (FC Terraserra)
Talking Points: Fast, Physically Strong, Great in the Air. Poor speed and agility.
Last edited by Vielha on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

1-1 hooray we are not doomed !

The National Team of Phoenixia and Danaelia played a good first match without tactical failures or outstanding moments.
Phoenixia, coached by Jens Riegerson made a good show in the first halftime which leads to 5 great chances, 10 free kicks and 12 corners, the 1-0 by Andreij Stenko in Minute 35 was only a small solace for the 30 000 Phoenix Fans in the Rue de Novembre, Sant'Elia.
What ever words Danaelias Manager found in the halftime it worked.
Overwhelmed by the sudden counter attacks the defense got nearly to a breakdown. In Minute 74 Orvar Samuel scored the due adjustment.
No team want this result so the last 20 Minutes were by far the best, Stenko got 3 more chances but Ebbe Leif got better with each parade on the other side despairs, Samuel, Patrik, Otto and in the last 10 Minutes even Jakob on a wall of new confedent defense players, bad luck and Lukas Eirikson.
In the end both teams deserved a win and so the remis was the best compromise. But now both teams need wins if they hope to continue the BoF in the second round.

Goals:
Andreij Stenko (35)
Orvar Samuel (74)

Cards:
None

Injuries:
None

Stadium:
Rue de Novembre in St' Elia, 50 000 Visitors (maximum 74 100)

Referee:
Mohamed Zidan (Al Arabija)

Player of the Match:
Ebbe Leif ( Danaelia)

Bongo Johnson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bongo Johnson » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

BongoBeat.net - Sports for the 21st Century

I.S.B.J drop first game in BoI, World Cup appearance

The national squad played a valiant game against Deep Fried Pickles today, but still came out the bottom. With a final score of 2-1, the one goal will add to the team's stats and leave them still in the running for being top in the group. The squad looks forward to picking up the pace (and slack) in its next match, where it hopes to win its first international soccer match. Everyone here awaits with bated breath for tomorrow's match. Today's Comment Point: do the defenders do enough to take control of the game when the ball is in their court, so to speak? Drop a comment below and the best Points will be shown on-air before tomorrow's match.
Last edited by Bongo Johnson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud host of World Bowl XXXII and World Bowl XXXIII
Appearances: 2 (82, 83)
Current rank: 148th
Highest rank: 41st (83)
Lowest rank: 262nd (79)
Best finish: Round 1 (82, 83)

G.A.F.A. I Undefeated Season and Champions
G.A.F.A. II 11-0 Regular Season

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:30 pm

'33 Brondons, '46 Wert
'78 Sokolof

Baptism of Fire Group Round 1
Timfen 2-1 HorusLand

Things aren't going so well for our national team, which lost their first game 2-1 to Timfen.......
In the 33rd minute, Sam Winchell succeeded avoiding HorusLand's players, ran half the field and then passed to Jacques Brondons, which scored. Then, in Zeb Wert scored from a corner kick in the 46th minute.
After the halftime, HorusLand's players desperately tried to equalize the score, but only succeeded in scoring once. Eliasz Sokolof scored in the 78th minute.

After this defeat in the first Group Match, HorusLand receives no points. The players are still hoping to win, and so are the fans. The next match is to be played tomorrow against Bongo Johnson......
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Perinpanland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Perinpanland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:37 pm

[obit]
Last edited by Perinpanland on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    [5]Its Chill
    [4]We're watching now!

Perinpanland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Perinpanland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:37 pm

!Perinpan Sports Network!]

Cameras pan to three men sitting on an oval desk with. On the right is the Soccer Analysis Joe Brown.

Mr. Brown: Hi and welcome to the Gol! Perinpanland! Well the game is over with a Wild Isle win 2-1 in the first match of the group stages let's watch the highlights.

Screen changes to the game

O'
From the start of the match, in the beginning when the national anthem is played our players look confident ready to play. As Rosario Charpentier Captain of the Perinpan team and Ruramoutuawhengakai captain of the West Isle team flip the coin it would appear that the West Isle would start the game. The game would start with the Kuakai with the ball and passes it straight to Nupa. He drives it down and right from the start fouls #4 Nicolas Worley of Chansyville Rhinos. He is awarded a free kick. Which he uses to pass to #3 Rolf Valenzuela.

15'
Here #10 Chas Morrison has the ball, passes through Haku and passes the ball to #8 Raymond Bradley. Bradley quickly passes the ball to #5 Rosario Charpentier on the other side of the net who is stopped by Kakauru and cleared to the other side of the field by Upaoupa.

19'
Nupa brings the ball down and moves the ball towards Auru. He quickly before the two defencemen run up passes it up into the air where Moamu jumps and does a sidekick? staight for the net. He shoot! Rejected by #1 Gaspard Trotter

21'
Valenzuela receives the ball. He runs with it! He dekes out Karu and continues waiting for an opening but slammed by Harau. Free Kick awarded. What a nasty fall. They are calling the medics and wow you can here the fans boo. Valenzuela would be ok as #6 Arlen Wall will take the free kick.

28'
Karu to Auru. Back to Kuakai. He runs up, it looks like he is going for goal and a quick clever tackle by Worley.

29'
Worley's tackle gives #7 Theirn Connors the ball. He goes up and clears it straight in front of Morrison. He then fakes a pass to Bradley and passes through the lines to Charpentier who SHOOT! and is rejected by the antics of A.

32'
Upaoupa clears the ball into the feet of Nupa. He then gets deked out by Wall but is retreived by Auru. Again he would pass it to Kuakai whom this time shoot from where he is. He SHOOTS, and GOAL! Kuakai would shoot but it was determined to go wide until Moamu kickes it in the air and score the first goal of the match.

37'
Charpentier with the ball. Passes back to Valenzuela who would immediatly pass it to Morrison. With the a clear shot for Morrison he SHOOTS! but DENIED! by A.

43'
Again this time #9 Scottie Fish would play with the ball. He dribbles it up and down the field before passing it to #11 Donovan Miles. He then moves closer to the net, signals Bradley then crosses it to his team mate, Charpentier who would go for goal but yet again denied.

45 +2'
After given two minutes of stoppage time Haku would retrieve the ball. Passes it but is intercepted by Morrison. He looks for his player but attacked by Harau. The Referee blows his whistle and he is being booked. He is given the Yellow Card. The first card given in this match. He shows attitude but walks away.

HALF TIME

51'
Fish backtracks it to Connors who would clear it to the feet of Charpentier. Charpentier would pass to Bradley who goes for goal but is denied! A corner is given.

52'
Miles takes the corner. He passes it to Fish who would go for a shot and is deflected of the back of the The Narglatches and put into the feet of Valenzuela. He would be legally tackled but tripped in the chaos. Again he is in pain.

58'
Enrico Martin substitute # 24 Ignacio Cook for #9 Rolf Valenzuela. He has played to his limit and would need a well deserved break.

60'
Nupa goes for goal from down the center but is rejected by Trotter. Luckily no one is here for rebound and passes it long to Cook. He passes it to Morrison. Cook. Morrison. Miles. Bradley. Long pass to Cook. Quick pass to Charpentier who is ready to shoot....GOAL!!!!!!! Charpentier ties it up 1-1. Just look at the crowd!

62'
Cook fouls Auru. This was a purposeful foul and was given a yellow card. He is given a free kick in which he passes to Ruramoutuawhengakai. THey watch as he plays and passes it to Nupa and gets the ball stolen from him and cleared.

72' Nupa runs up and Wall fouls him. Free kick awarded. He passes it to Moamu who heads it into net. Trotter saves it, Worley passes to fish who runs up but gets slammed. Referee says play on as there would be many arguement. Nupa again! Passes Connors and continues to go for goal but AGAIN! Trotter! The shot is deflected and Auru taps it in for a GOAL!!!!! 2-1 Wild Isle.

84'
Coach Enrico takes out #10 Chas Morrison for #13 Alex Coelho

87'
Perinpan team plays full offence. Corner after corner and shot after shot. The team just can not find the net as the Trotter boots the ball to net. Perinpanland would backtrack to make sure Wild Isle doesn't score again.

90+3'
Sadly, After all that, Perinpanland would lose 2-1. The crowd seems angered but ever so determined to win.

Screen back onto our hosts:

Mr. Brown: Well?

Mr. White: I wouldn't take the loss a total defeat. I mean they did play a really good game. Keeping it alive. I did see many good passes. Great defensive work.

Mr. Dylan:I agree. I would have them work on their midfield, they would need to make sure that they could stop the ball in it's tracks. They need to squeeze their opponents and make sure they are choked and can not get out of the diamond with the ball. The Defensive line would need to work its wya up and help with the choking.

Mr. Brown: I agree, and hopefully so does the Perinpan team watching this now! They did good! but there is more room for improvement.

Mr. White: Yes, Coach Enrico Martini said he would work hard and continue running by more scenarios. He also has another soccer team available for practice games. He said he would look into the midfield a bit more. As the strikers practices their "invincible shots" Our next game is Timfen. Another hard game. Perinpanland would need this practice and if they can perfect it, they will have great outcomes against Timfen. Here are the standings as of now!

Group E                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  Pts 
1 Deep Fried Pickles 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
2 Timfen 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
3 Wild Isle 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
4 Bongo Johnson 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
5 HorusLand 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
6 Peripanland 1 0 0 1 1 2 0

And here are the game outline:

Team

Perinpanland
Wild Isle
Goals ScoredCharpentier (60')Kuakai (32')
Auru (72')
Shots:1812
Shots on Goal:85
Possession:47%53%
Yellow Cards11
Last edited by Perinpanland on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    [5]Its Chill
    [4]We're watching now!

Oswaldia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oswaldia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Ducstown Clipper-Telegram
News from the Capitol - Volume 138 - Nr. 205

National Team Defeats Mesoland 3-1
Productive counter-attack, strong defense win first game of BoP

by Amber Ryan
Sports Editor

Sant'Antioco, Ossidiacqua It was a triumphant moment for the Oswald National Football Team in Ossidiacqua today as the Clippers were able to win their first international match 3-1. Oswaldia was able to use their strong defense and fast counter to break apart the Mesoland team and to start their quest in the Baptism of Fire.

The Clippers started the match in a surprising way by attacking at the first instance. Midfielder Andrew Green started to show his command in the center of the pitch as he was able to keep the defense guessing as the team cut upfield. Opportunities came early as both R. L. Johnson and Anthony Rose were able to shoot on target. The first score of the match came from Midfielder John Carp in the 32nd minute after the ball ricocheted from the post from a Johnson attempt. Oswaldia started to fall back convinced that their lead could hold until halftime, and they were able to head to the bench up 1-0.

The second half started with Mesoland being on the offensive. After young Right Defensive Back Richard Pike fouled a Mesoland attacker, the opposition scored on a set piece that fell just under the arms of Keeper James Greene in the 51st minute. It wouldn't be long however when Johnson was able to receive a long ball from Midfielder Clancy Heilman and was able to score off the arms of the Mesoland Keeper in the 61st minute. Substitutions followed with Elliot Zimmerman, Jerry Holbrooke, and Miles Williams from the 65th to 75th minute. In the 88th minute, Williams was able to score from the bench after receiving a corner kick from Heilman. The Clippers won the game 3-1 and are now moving on in the tournament.

85,363 were in attendance at the Il Cratere in Sant'Antioco, with many of the fans coming from the Grand Duchy itself. Defensivemen Richard Pike and Mike Niemeyer both received yellow cards in the match.

Code: Select all
Stat            Oswaldia     Mesoland
Goals               3            1
Shots (on Goal)   12(5)         8(3)
Fouls               14           15
Corners             4            2
Offsides            3            1
TOP                57%           43%
Yellows             2            1
Reds                0            0
Saves               2            2

Arcadian Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadian Islands » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Injury concerns before first matchday

In a late blow for the Satinbirds, striker Gareth Sully has been pulled from the team to face Conclespia.

The enigmatic striker Sully, who has reportedly been carrying a hamstring injury since round nineteen of the regular season, pulled up sore after training and on the advice of team medical officials will be rested. The result of the devastating development for Sully will be a boon for Riggott who will replace him in the starting eleven, with Shillington filling the vacancy on the bench.

Sources close to the camp in Langaraitz have indicated that the injury concern is only minor at this stage, and if the treatment plan goes according to schedule that Sully will be back by the third matchday at the latest.

Vielha
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Vielha » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 pm

National Team Wins First International Fixture; Interview With Manager Josep Alexander Vilario

One game, one win. It wasn't the most convincing win as far as the scoreline went, but the level of possession that and chances created in the match against Wellboneland that showed how the Vielhan National Team was in the drivers seat the entire game. The Goldens saw 63% of the ball and completed 821 of 947 passes for a 86.6% completion rate. Despite this dominance, it took 67 minutes for the winning goal to be scored. A long spell of possession came to a successful conclusion when Vell hit a defense splitting through ball into the path of the onrushing Luso, who had cut in from his position on the left wing. Luso let the ball run for a bit before hitting a beautiful first time chip right over the goalkeeper. The first ever international goal for Vielha is sure to be on the highlight reels for quite some time to come. On that tangent, the celebration will be too as the entire team, including goalkeeper Oradell, rushed over to the section where the Vielhan fans were sitting and all simultaneously kissed the Vielhan flag that was embroidered on their kit. Additionally after the game, the National Team converged on the upon the center circle and held a brief Sardana.

Unfortunately, there were several missed chances by the Goldens, including one where Cuco had a one on one with the goalkeeper in the 37th minute. He tried to lob the goalkeeper, but could only watch as the ball hit the underside of the crossbar and bounced clear of the goal. Appeals for a goal were met on unheeding ears as the officiating team declared it to not be a goal. Later replays later proved their decision to be correct.

Overall it was a good game, but we will be looking for more goals next time around. We certainly have the quality and the opportunities, we just have to sieze them.
Player Ratings:
Oradell: The veteran goalkeeper didn't have much to do the game, although he looked sharp for the handful of saves he had to make. Rating: 6.8
Campo: The right back from CF Sabadali put in a display that will have impressed millions. His tireless runs up the right flank caused countless problems for Wellboneland and resulted in tons of balls being pumped into the box. Defensively, he was rock solid as well. Rating: 8.2
Puxti: The vice-captain never really had much to do defensively, instead his role in the win was to provide a safe drop back passing option. He had a few neat tackles but didn't have to deal with any real threatening attacks. Rating: 7
Zedinha: Zedinha was crucial in breaking up several attacking movements as he headed clear any lobbed balls. He was winning everything in the air and came very close to grabbing a goal in the 37th minute, when his header from a corner kick glanced off the bar. Rating: 7.6
Salgado: Salgado had free reign along the left flank and made the most of it, beating defenders, letting loose shots, crossing the ball in, just general havoc. Top class game for him. Rating: 8.8
Vell: A top performance from the captain, Vell rarely missplaced a pass and was a constant threat due to his accurate shooting from a distance. He really ran the game in the midfield as he completed 127 passes, including the assit for Luso and Vielha's first ever international goal. Events: Assisted Luso 67'. Rating: 10 (Man of the Match)
Dico: Dico played countless accurate balls over the top of the Wellbonelandian defensive line and also hit plenty of long, forty yard balls win pinpoint accuracy. He was unlucky not to score in the 78th minute as his shot from distance bounced off both sidebars before being saved by the goalkeeper. Rating: 8.2
Piojito: Piojito bossed the game as he wreaked all sorts of havoc in the trequartista position. He created several opportunities and also had several opportunities to score as he slipped past the defense. Events: Subbed out 85' for Fregi. Brilliant game. 9
Luso: A brilliant game from the winger who'll go down in history as scoring the first ever goal for the Vielhan National Team. He was faultless the whole match, completing a wooping 94% passing completion and putting everyone of his shots on target. Brilliant game from the outstanding lad. Events: Scored 67'. Rating: 10
Silva: A very quite game from the forward. He did well with his passing, but the quality of finishing was very poor and he'll do well to improve it. Events: Subbed off 77' for LaPalia. Rating: 6
Cuco: A somewhat quite game for the winger. He did well to create several chances and his dribbling was, like always, brilliant as he produced several flashy moves that got him by an opponent. Hope to see more of him next game. Events: Subbed out 80' for Deco. Rating: 6.9
Substitutes:
LaPalia: On: 77'. Although he was only on for 17 minutes, LaPalia showed why he is destined to be the next big thing in Vielhan football as he registered three shots on goal, completed every pass, and showed some brilliance when dribbling. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Rating: 7.5
Deco: On: 80'. Brought in to provide a bit more energy upfront as well as crisper and more often passing. And he did exactly that. Rating: Didn't have sufficient time to make an impact.
Fregi: On: 85' Fregi was brought on to move the midfield formation from a 2-1 to a 1-2 and thus provide a bit more security at the back. Rating: Didn't have sufficient time to make an impact.

An Interview With National Team Coach Josep Alexander Vilario

Josep Alexander Vilario is a quiet, unassuming man dressed in a nice suit. A former Montse legend who was the dominant midfielder in Vielha for a solid twenty years before he retired to take up being a manager. He started out managing the Montse B team and was a resounding success with them, getting them promotion to the Vielhan Super League. After that single season with the B team, he was made manager of the senior squad do to the previous manager turning out to be a halfwit. And he was again a success as he completed the domestic trio. Two more years that saw him nab two league titles, one Vielhan Super Cup, and two Vielhan Legacy Cups. Two years, six possible trophies, and five trophies won. He was the obvious choice to take the helm of the Vielhan National Team. And so far he's done well. One game, one win. 100% win rate. So we got Maria Sala Ángel to sit down with him for an interview after his match against Wellboneland.

MSA: Hola Senyor Vilario. Com estás?
JAV: Hola! Estic be! I tu?
MSA: Estic be també! Your first match in charge of the national team and your first win! How does that feel?
JAV: Déu Meu! It is incredible! Sure it's only one match but still! To get a win in my first game with the team is very good for morale. The team and my own!
MSA: And the style the team played, passa i posse, it was quite beautiful yes, but some critics say there are no real benefits to it. What do you have to say about that?
JAV: Yes it was beautiful wasn't it? Just firing off kick half touch passes all across the field. There are plenty of benefits to passa i posse! You prevent the opponent from scoring as you always have the ball. You tire out the opponent as they always chase the ball. It really is brilliant and simple. But it is very hard to do correctly and I'm proud that we can do it correctly!
MSA: And the intense pressing used by the team. Is that another special tactic?
JAV: Yes it is a special tactic. We try to start pressing for the ball the moment we use it. The thought here is that the player who just won the ball is the most vulnerable man on the pitch as he just sacrificed energy and his vision of the field to get the ball. It will take him a few seconds to get that vision back, at most five, so we try to dispossess him before he can regain that vision and make a pass. If that doesn't work, we try to get all ten men behind the ball to form a wall. But alas! It isn't a very deep wall. Maybe 25 to thirty meters from striker to defender. A very compact wall. Intenta aconseguir a través d'això!
MSA: That's very interesting. Are you confident that it will work against better teams?
JAV: Of course I am! It is very easy to see it being done. But it is very hard to do something against it.
MSA: Está ben! There have been some concerns regarding the performances of Silva and Cuco. Will they be dropped for the next match?
JAV: Of course not! Everyone has bad days and footballers are no different. Well I wouldn't even call it a bad day for Silva and Cuco. They were vital in keeping possession through their passing, troubled the goalkeeper with their shooting, and made good runs. They did well. Did they score? No. But they did well.
MSA: And on the opposite side of the spectrum, the performances of Luso and team captain Vell were immaculate. Just how important are they to the team?
JAV: I can't put into words how important they are to the team. That are indispensable. They run the team and dictate tempo. They are priceless.
MSA: And I think most fans would agree with you. And onto the teams next fixture against Boyznichov, who lost 3-1 to group leaders Leorudo. What would you say your chances are?
JAV: I'd say we both have an equal chance of winning. You see, we are motivated from the match against Wellboneland and want to keep our winning streak for the entire tournament so we may win it. However, they are motivated to bounce back from their loss and to hopefully make up some lost ground.
MSA: Moltes grácies Senyor Vilario. Ha estat un plaer!
JAV: Estic molt agraït amb tu! Va ser molt divertit!

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 pm

DE PLACA
Now printed in Japanese and Maori!

BAPTISM OF FIRE
Boring match-up ends with close win from Earo.
Written by Bret Lindevich

Usually known for playing happilly, the Marills were clogged up as NSI and Earo ended up not pulling anything special, except for a brief moment at the end of the match as Cunnington couldn't defend one miraculous shot. Since Goals Pro are used as the main topic to differ tables, Earo is at the third place and NSI is at the bottom of Group A.

NSI'S RESUME: 0 - 1 Earo
4-4-2

Cunnington 5,0
Redwing [C] 6,0
Di Martine 4,0
Pedrotti 4,0 (Galhardo 80' ---)
Hawk 7,0
Lima 5,0
Bonapart 5,0
Pessoa 6,5
Leminski 3,0 (Abuda 90' ---)
de Sousa 5,0
Pereira 5,0 (Xene 75' 5,0]

Worst Player: Michael Leminski, who couldn't capitalize a thing. Lynette should've took him out of the field before he screwed up so much that Earo scored.
Best Player: Anthony Hawk. Fought lots but couldn't prevent that goal. He played better than expected and without him, this match could end up being a rampage against the Marills, controlled by Earo.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Iturributa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Iturributa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:05 pm

About four hours later than usual - as I'd predicted - here is your first RP cutoff for the Iturributan half of the BoF.
The Free Republic of Iturributa
Co-hosts of Baptism of Fire 48
Operating in exile after annexation by Astograth

Iturributa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Iturributa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Iturributa Region: MD1 Scores

Group F
Romili 2–2 Mashiki
Inthelittlenation 3–0 Catocton
The Scandinavian Islands 0–1 Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy

Group F                           Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Inthelittlenation 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Mashiki 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
Romili 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
5 The Scandinavian Islands 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
6 Catocton 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Group G
The New Roman Imperialists 2–1 Malt
Daydreamtopia 0–3 Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan
Sundsborg 3–0 United Federation of the World

Group G                           Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Sundsborg 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
3 The New Roman Imperialists 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
4 Malt 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
5 Daydreamtopia 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0
United Federation of the World 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Group H
Arcadian Islands 1–1 Conclespia
Cosmic Censorship 3–3 Democratic States of Fenbar
Vindesby 1–1 Remad

Group H                           Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Cosmic Censorship 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
Democratic States of Fenbar 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
3 Arcadian Islands 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Conclespia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Remad 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Vindesby 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

Group I
Aexalla 3–0 Westros
Deadmans 0–0 Artsakhestan
Altito Asmoro 4–0 Kerblaekistan

Group I                           Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Altito Asmoro 1 1 0 0 4 0 +4 3
2 Aexalla 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
3 Artsakhestan 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Deadmans 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
5 Westros 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0
6 Kerblaekistan 1 0 0 1 0 4 −4 0
The Free Republic of Iturributa
Co-hosts of Baptism of Fire 48
Operating in exile after annexation by Astograth

Timfen
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Use of Players

Postby Timfen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Timfens unusual choice of players in their first match in the BoF against Horusland has led to an uproar in the Timfen media. The manager, Tom Thatcher, said that he wanted to play some of those players that didn't get a chance to play in the regional cup, so that, if Timfen get to the knockout stages, everyone will have some experience at playing in a major tournament. Some examples of unusual choices are Revel Drey, Bobby Wenger, Sam Winchell and Zeb Wert, who was brought on instead of Tim Leek. He backed this up with the fact that Wert scored. Timfen will be using this formation in their next match against Peripanland:

-------------------Kelly------------------
Atkins---Hawkins---Barton---Stevens
---Dras---------Hicks----------Dews---
----Wert----Brondons-----Drurton---
Last edited by Timfen on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Classification: Republic
Capital City: Dradeg
Motto: Be well nourished
Currency: The Fenn
National animal: The Swan
Leader: President Barry Ondertom
Religion: Cathlojudoislozastrohinduprotestantism

Fenbar Sports Minister
1st Barunia Football Cup: 1st Place
1st Fenbarric Club Cup (Hayton Wanderers): 1st Place
1st Kabaddi World Championships: 3rd Place
3rd Fenbarric Cup: 3rd Place

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny.

Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Jennu Pliso (Grand Minister), Elderath G’yuk again addressed the cameras from the Central Core Offices of Shehad Kihlek, the most prominent and eldest of the three “floating islands” that comprised the whole of Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan. The ancient Draconian seemed almost giddy as he spoke.

“My fellow Qumadosfanii, it is a great day for our people as we have indeed laid waste to the first nation who dared to take the pitch against us in the Baptism of Fire! Those under-developed players of humankind’s ilk were no match for our superior Draconic players and they knew it from the get-go as they refused to even give us the names of their wretched players who wore canvas sacks over their faces to keep from being recognized. Daydreamatopia? More like a living nightmare for them as we easily took the match in an effortless show of our dominance and skill.

“Forever this day will be remembered as our first victory on the World Stage! Forever we shall remember the petty humans we have beaten and the silly cnavas bags they wore. And forever it shall be immortalized that Ysuluth L'skel scored our first ever international goal! I have ordered a statue of valiant Ysuluth to be made and placed at the end of the tunnel in Tolgalen Tirnlg to remind every player who ever steps foot there of this blessed occasion.

“Next we shall face a much tougher opponent in the form of Sundsborg who laso managed a 3-0 thrashing of their opponent United Federation of the World. More like United Federation of the Pathetic Footballers. But Sundsborg proved to be an opponent worth looking out for. Their roster indicates that, although human, the players and their nation seem to have a decidedly Scandinavian ethnicity. As that would indicate they are of the toughest human peoples, it will be even more joyous to watch as we crush the desire to play us from their souls. However, let it be known that we will extend the honor of not eating them even if we should win by a score of goals.”

The Grand Minister looked somber for a moment before continuing.

“A great tragedy has befallen Atlantian Oceanea as some form of what we can only assume to be a natural disaster has left the northeastern shores of our region in chaos. As we know most of those to be affected to be petty humans, this tragedy would normally mean very little to us. However the The Protectorate of Starblaydia and its array of accepted Races has been one of the hardest hit. At my order Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan shall set course for those most ancient of shores where we will be lending aid to those in need. The Starblydi peoples will now they have new allies in the Qumadosfanii.”

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic States of Fenbar » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 am

MATCH REPORT: 3 COSMIC CENSORSHIP (1) v (1) DS OF FENBAR 3

Wilmot '37, '84
Ganzfeld '78
Hockaday '41
Ackle '56
Postgate '89

52% Possession 48%

18 (8) Shots (on Target) (7) 19

11 Corners 9

8 Fouls 14

Substitutions:
Substitutions:

Stuart>Scott '77
Sack>Call '64

Matthews>Warne '79

Yellows:
Yellows:

Sackville '24
Warne '66

Murphy '89

DS of Fenbar put in a good performance yesterday, drawing 3-3 with Cosmic Censorship in their opening game, which has also probably been the most exciting in the tournament so far. The States enjoyed some good possession early on in the first half, but couldn't find the incisive opening that they needed to get an early goal. Their best chance came with an Ackle free kick, which was brilliantly stopped from curling into the top lefthand corner of the goal by Cosmic goalie Samuel Pepys. Then Cosmic Censorship began to slowly work themselves back into the game, and eventually won a corner. Taken by Charles Sedley, the ball swung in dangerously, and was headed in at the near post by John Wilmot, giving Cosmic Censorship a 1-0 lead with 8 minutes to go until half-time. However, the States were determined not to go in at the break a goal down, and immediateley applied pressure from the restart. A good ball through from Carlo to Hockaday, a 1-2 with Jack Ackle, a sublime finish around the 'keeper, and the game was back level just four minutes after the States had fallen behind.

The second half began a bit slower than the first, and the match looked evenly poised. However, 11 minutes into the game, we were treated to the first bit of genius from Captain Jack Ackle in the tournament. Picking the ball up on the half-way line, he sprinted past 2 players and hit a magnificent strike from 25 yards into the top corner of the goal. 2-1 to DS of Fenbar! However, Ackle was not the only player who could do that on the pitch. With just 12 minutes left, Cosmic Censorship replied with a wonder goal of their own, Wilmot grabbing his second with a superb volley from the edge of the box, which flew past Carr into the back of the net. Disaster then struck, as a goalmouth scramble in the DS box ended up with the ball in the back of the net, and Ganzfield wheeling away to celebrate. In the space of just six minutes, Cosmic Censorship had turned a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 lead! However, the team remained calm, and with just a minute to go until the final whistle, Postgate had headed a Carlo cross past Pepys into the Cosmic goal, and the score was 3-3. That was how it finished, and it was the general consensus in the post match interviews that neither team deserved to lose, and the thrilling game meant both teams were on a high going into their next matches, the Democratic States of Fenbar's being today in Negaro Street stadium, against a Vindesby team who drew with Remad 1-1. The result meant that Cosmic Censorship and DS of Fenbar are tied at top spot in Group H.
Demonym: Fenbarric | Trigramme: DSF | RP pop: 280 600 000 | Capital: Fenton | Monarch: King Lucas II
Runners-up: World Twenty20 Championships VI
Quarter-Finals: Baptism of Fire 48, World Twenty20 Championships III
Games of the IX Olympiad: 11 Golds - 2 Silvers - 9 Bronzes - 22 Medals
Other: 1st Kabaddi World Champs, 1st Fenbarric Cup runners up, 2nd Fenbarric Cup 3rd, 1st FCS 5th

Zandistan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandistan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:31 am

COLLINDIANA, OSSIDIACQUA

They have done well. He nodded his approval. Yes, very well.

He had been watching the entire match, and as usual, nobody knew where he was. Nobody except for trusty backup goalkeeper Evanolan Fry, who kept tabs on him via computer and GPS, and only to warn of potential incoming dangers. And there could be dangers aplenty in this stadium, hewn from a quarry. Beautiful place, but the only way out is up. In danger, there’s no hiding in the depths of this place. If the police come… He shuddered. But earlier, Fry had given him the good news. They won’t come, they bit the decoy.

The Zandistani police sent to investigate suspicious activities surrounding the selection of the team had followed his false lead. While the team played their matches in Ossidiacqua, the police had traveled instead to Iturributa, halfway across the region, hundreds, even thousands of miles away. Those bozos… Been chasin’ me for twenty-five years, and they’ll never catch me either. I got better people on my side. And he did: his advance scouts had found him a concealed nook inside of the quarry of Stadio Luis Giro. He had found the perfect viewing spot, but still hidden from view, and the referee whistled to start the game.

And it could hardly have been a more auspicious start. Skyrim took the opening kickoff, playing it back to their center backs, who pushed it wide. But as soon as they started to attack, Speed McRae intercepted a pass on the right flank. Immediately, Drago Vilisevic yelled, “Tango, GO!” Melbrue “Tango” Tangari took off down the left flank. McRae laid it back in the middle to Firestorm Stenhoffer, who played a brilliant aerial ball past the Skyrim defense to the just-onside Tangari. Tango was through on goal, just the keeper to beat, but he didn’t feel like a goal. He dribbled further in, trying to entice the keeper off his line, and finally the keeper bit and sprinted out towards him. Tango noticed, faked a shot, tapped the ball outside of the keeper, and looked up to a wide-open Flavio “Golazo” Domingo in the middle. Easy pass, and a one-touch sidefoot from Domingo to slot it home. GOOOOAAALLLL!!! Barely more than a minute into the game, and the score was 1-0, Zandistan.

It was clear Zandistan were the better side on the day. Dominant offense, persistent forays up the wings, first Tango on the left, then McRae on the right. Time and time again they broke through only to be just stopped. They just couldn’t extend the lead. However, Skyrim was struggling at all to even move the ball across midfield. “Poor Megatron, looking so lonely in that goal.” And sooner or later, the constant pressure had to pay off.

And the payoff came in the 38th minute. Buzz Saw Werdenheimer snuffed out one of the rare deeper attacks from Skyrim, and for a moment they were extended. The whole Zandistani team noticed, and acted as one. Werdenheimer dished right to Cannonball Schmid, who played it up the wing to McRae. McRae then faked a pass inside to von Zanderstrom III, burst past the Skyrim left back and sprinted up the right side. A center back came over to stop McRae, but this left an opening in the middle of the field. McRae lofted a beautiful looping cross, and who was there to meet it but Domingo again. He chest-trapped it, let it bounce once, and rifled it home past the Skyrim keeper on the volley. GOLAZO, THAT’S TWO!!!! A cheer erupted through the stadium, echoing off the walls of the quarry. 2-0, Zandistan in front.

The margin held through to halftime, and as Vilisevic addressed the team, the man in the nook began to muse. Maybe if this team plays well enough, if we go all the way, I can persuade the ZNFA to let me permanently run this team. They’re certainly playing like they can make a run deep in this tournament. Although one player still worries me. The man in the nook was no soccer expert, but he was remarkably adept at reading people’s feelings. He had heard the reports of team captain Karl “Blade” von Zanderstrom III being separated from the team when they landed in Sant’Elia, retiring to his hotel room early. Is he sick? He can’t be, he may be our best player. I need him to perform to have any decent shot at winning this. The teams returned to the field for the start of the second half, and he was intent on watching Zanderstrom, evaluating his perfomance.

Von Zanderstrom was not up to his game. A Skyrim midfielder came up to challenge him on the dribble, a tackle he would usually make, but he seemed to barely be paying attention as the man dribbled by. What is wrong with you??? Vortex Werdenheimer took the ball back, and Zandistan worked it back up the field, but when Tango dished it into the middle for von Zanderstrom, his trap caromed off his foot ten yards to the Skyrim center back. Wake up, dammit! Focus!

At that exact moment, Wickami Schwartz, who had sat the entire game stone-faced and motionless on the bench, even during the goals, leaned over and whispered something into Drago Vilisevic’s ear. Vilisevic gave a signal for Travestino Bellucci to begin warming up on the sidelines, and alerted the fourth official to the upcoming change. After a few minutes of jogging and stretching, Bellucci stepped up to the midline, waiting for a stoppage of play to make his international debut.

Instantly forgetting all of von Zanderstrom’s troubles, the man in the nook lost himself. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, MAKING A SUBSTITUTION??? THIS IS MY TEAM, I HANDPICKED THIS STARTING ELEVEN, AND YOU COACHES DEFY ME. MY TEAM, AND WE NEED THEM TO HAVE ANY CHANCE OF WINNING THE TOURNAMENT. FIRE THEM ALL!!!! But this last exclamation was not merely his thought, but was voiced aloud. The deep bass of his voice rumbled and echoed, reverberating through the stadium. All the players and spectators looked to where they thought they heard the sound coming from, as the ball rolled into touch. Embarrassed, the man hid under a rock outcropping.

Throw in to Zandistan, but first came the substitution. Seeing his number up on the board, Karl “Blade” von Zanderstrom III grumbled to himself, handed the captain’s armband to Cannonball Schmid, then jogged off the field. An inauspicious start for him, but he needed to get Il Colosseo out of his mind and focus on soccer. He high-fived Bellucci at midfield, and then Travestino sprinted out onto the field. You better make a difference, for the sake of those coaches. Garbage.

Travestino Bellucci had a profound effect on the game, opening up the offense as it flowed once again. Bunfogle up to Tango on the left, sent middle to Bellucci, give-and-go with McRae, sprinting forward and a brilliant through from Bellucci to Radonezh-Muratovich and the shot! Just wide of the post! Werdenheimer to Schmid, middle to Stenhoffer and up to Bellucci, left to Tango, back to Stenhoffer and up to McRae on the right, sent middle to Domingo who lays it off for Bellucci’s shot! Skims the crossbar, and over. Knew it. The kid is garbage.

Zandistan once again dominated the pitch in every way possible. Skyrim attacks were snuffed before the midline, and again and again the offense pushed, searching for that elusive third goal. But as time passed and Skyrim realized they could not survive on talent, they became increasingly rough, fouling and frustrating the Zandistani players. Stenhoffer had just received the ball from McRae on the right, and lofted another beautiful aerial through ball to Tango on the left to send him streaking in towards the goal, but he was tugged down from behind by a gratuitous shirt grab. No call.

Firestorm Stenhoffer absolutely lit up the referee, “DO YOU EVEN HAVE EYES??? DID YOU NOT SEE THAT BLATANT SHIRT TUG??? THEY DO THIS ALL GAME, AND NOT ONE FOUL YET, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A REFEREE, THAT’S JUST BULL!!!” Calmly, the referee reached into his pocket, and brought out the card. Only yellow, and he’s lucky. But that was a foul, and the refereeing does need improving. I wonder if I have any cash on hand…

It took the whole team to calm Firestorm down, but they did, and again began searching for that elusive goal number three. Each attack brought them closer to goal, but time was running out, and they needed something quickly. Stenhoffer sent it straight up to Bellucci, who played it wide to McRae. He burned the defender, sprinting unmarked up the right side. “This could be it.” McRae sent it across to Radonezh-Muratovich, who put it back to Tango, all set to unleash a blast on net when he crumpled to the ground. A horribly vicious slide tackle from the Skyrim right back, and Tango was writhing in pain. Possibly influenced from the firestorm of words earlier unleashed upon him, the referee blew his whistle and reached into his pocket. Give him a red, throw him out! But the color was only yellow this time.

Direct free kick to Zandistan, twenty-six yards from net slightly on the left side. Perfect distance. All his teammates pointed to Travestino Bellucci to take the shot. He spun the ball between his fingers, gently placed it on the grass, and backed up four steps, waiting for the referee to finish measuring out the ten yards to the wall. He stepped it off and blew the whistle. It was now Travestino’s time. Don’t screw this up. But you’re garbage anyway. He ran up on the ball, and struck it exactly where he wanted to. Just over the leaping wall, curling down and ever so slightly left, sneaking past the leaping goalie’s outstretched fingertips, through the top left corner and nestling into the back of the net. Euphoria for Zandistan. A cheer erupted through the crowd, reverberating through the entire Stadio Luis Giro. I'll be darned, the kid pulled it off. :bow:

3-0, Zandistan. The scoreline stood until the final whistle, and just like that, they had an opening win. They have done well. He smiled, nodding his approval. The substitute was well-timed, I have faith in this team and the coaches. Yes, they have done very well. The man in the nook quickly made a silent exit, returning quietly to Sant’Elia where he had urgent business.

The rest of the team listened to a short congratulatory post-game talk from coaches Schwartz and Vilisevic, then climbed out of the quarry and bid temporary goodbye to the Stadio Luis Giro as they got in their stagecoaches, headed for a hotel in Inca. Another match the next day, wild schedules, but they mostly just needed rest, and they’d definitely earned it. They arrived in Inca slightly past midnight, but every single player fell asleep with ease, von Zanderstrom still dreaming about Il Colosseo.

MATCH REPORT

Zandistan 3 – 0 The nordic land of Skyrim

Events
2’ Zandistan GOAL, Flavio “Golazo” Domingo
38’ Zandistan GOAL, Flavio “Golazo” Domingo
61’ Zandistan SUBSTITUTION, Karl “Blade” von Zanderstrom III OUT, Travestino Bellucci IN
77’ Zandistan BOOKING, Friedrich “Firestorm” Stenhoffer YELLOW
82’ Skyrim BOOKING, Skyrim Right Back YELLOW
83’ Zandistan GOAL, Travestino Bellucci

UPCOMING MATCH

vs. Danaelia (0-1-0, 1 GF, 0 GD) at Stadio Alianza, Inca
CHAMPIONS: Baptism of Fire 48

Inthelittlenation
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Inthelittlenation 3-0 Catocton

Postby Inthelittlenation » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:35 am

Outstanding Victory for Inthelittlenation!

Inthelittlenation is on top of the their group following a brilliantly tense match last night. For the first fourty-five minutes, the game was tied at 0-0. It was only when they returned onto the pitch did Inthelittlenation shine. The first goal came at 51 Minutes, when Shouta Burton stole possession from Bob Jones, passing the ball to left back Raymund Kaleb, who booted it into the goal. Catocton, try as they might, couldn't avoid a second goal either, this time coming from the Forward Quincy Nolan only 8 Minutes later, Quincy, spotting the opportunity, charged through the opposition to plant the ball in the goal. Subsequent to his risky move, Quincy was removed from the team and replaced by Moe Sam.

The rest of the game was played out defensively for Inthelittlenation, only once allowing the Catoctonian team a chance to score, with Cameron Littlewood passing a header into the goal, which was saved beautifully by Felix Arvel. The game remained fairly tense for the next 20 Minutes, Catocton coming close to the goal but being fended off by Inthelittlenation's brilliant defenders, however, at 82 Minutes, Kyran Gus claimed a red for the Inthelittlenation team, after allowing Catocton a Free Kick, which he brutally refused, verbally and physically assaulting the referee and was subsequently replaced by Troy Stanley on the same minute, by a stroke of luck, this Free Kick was once again saved by Felix Arvel. But Kyran wasn't the only player to receive a card, the player who took the shot David Marks, missed and took his shirt off to hide his shame thusly receiving a Yellow Card for the act.

The final goal was scored during the last minute of added time (90'+3). In a last minute attempt to score a goal, Catocton Forwards James Hart and Aaron Johnson attempted to outsmart Inthelittlenation's Defenders, but was figured out by Troy Stanley who stole the ball and, in extreme urgency, passed the ball to Centre Forward Moe Sam, whom, with the help of Shouta Burton, was able to avoid the defenders, pass the ball to Shouta, to score not only the third and final goal for Inthelittlenation but Shouta's second. With only three seconds left on the clock, this was certainly a brilliant moment for both fans and players.

Other games in the Group were Romili versus Mashiki, which was 2-2 at full time and The Scandinavian Islands who lost 0-1 against the Vampirican-Krumbian Confederacy, so this is how the table currently stands.

Group F                           Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Inthelittlenation 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Mashiki 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
Romili 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
5 The Scandinavian Islands 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
6 Catocton 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Tomorrow is the dawn of a new day, with Inthelittlenation making the transition to Lon Biteri Stadium to face group rivals from the Romili Cup, Romili themselves. But, manager Shaquille Ryuunosuke has claimed that Inthelittlenation are much better trained and better prepared to face Romili now and this time, we're determined that we can put up a good fight and defeat them this time round.

OOC: Catocton, your welcome to change your player names if you wish. Just send me a Telegram about it.

Team Sheet:
Felix Arvel (Age 27)

Defenders:
Meredith Kaleb (Age 21)
Raymund Kaleb (Age 23)
Kyran Gus (Age 31) [] 82' | Sub: Troy Stanley 82'

Mid-Fielders:
Norm Conor (Age 30) - CAPTAIN
Layton Akio (Age 34)
Benedict Hiraku (Age 20)
Randall Seán (Age 28)
Hachiro Dion (Age 21)

Fowards:
Shouta Burton (Age 22)
Quincy Nolan (Age 25) Sub: Moe Sam 60'

TeamInthelittlenation
Catocton
Goals ScoredShouta Burton (51'+90'+2),
Raymund Kaleb (60')
Shots:1319
Shots on Goal:42
Possession:52%48%
Yellow Cards:01
Red Cards:10

Remaining Group Games:
Match 1: Inthelittlenation 3 - 0 Catacton
Match 2: Inthelittlenation ? - ? Romili
Match 3: Inthelittlenation ? - ? Mashiki
Match 4: Inthelittlenation ? - ? The Scandinavian Islands
Match 5: Inthelittlenation ? - ? Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy

OOC: Cheers to Perinpanland for the Stats table.
Last edited by Inthelittlenation on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
Due to dislike of my name for RPing Purposes, Union Isle is now my account for any form of RP.

Deadmans
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadmans » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:45 am

Deathland City Times

First Time Draw

MD1: Artsakhestan 0-0
MD2: Aexalla 2nd
MD3: Westros 5th
MD4: Altito Asmoro 1st
MD5: Kerblaekistan 6th

Well the match did not go so well for Deadmans yesterday drawing 0-0 against Artsakhestan. This meant it was a bad start for Deadmans national team career. Sameer Malik and Charlie O’Brian doing so well to score but their goalie was good and no goals went in at all.
Puppet of Boring Paradise

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports