NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 60: RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ipeland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipeland » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Ipeland beat random group of fans 2-0

An Ipeland side made of mainly backup players, some included as reserves, played a group of fans selected randomly from the crowd, representing the Iglesian Archipelago, whose players and fans failed to turn up to the match. The Ipeland FA, who realised that the players of the opposite team wouldn't turn up anytime soon, started picking random people from the crowd by seat number. Due to the amateur nature of the fans, the Ipeland manager fielded a team of backup players to keep the first team from getting any injuries. The two 'teams' lined up as followed:

Ipeland (4-4-2): Starters: Fogherty, Maxen, Johnson, White, Donaldson, Lee, Kamp, Carting, Phillips, Saunders, Fr. Simmons Subs: Stainag, Baker, Morris, Marsh, Collins

Fans (5-3-2): Starters: Cox, Harrison, Mason, D. Rogers, Marshall, T. Rogers, Clark, Hall, Patel, Gibson, Griffiths Subs: Price, Williams, Foster, Smith, King

Ipeland were obviously favourites for the game before the fans were decided, and would have been favourites even if the team had turned up, but the team was now made up of men and women from ages 14 (Gibson) to 55 (Price). The fans lined up in white neutral kits with their names scrawled onto the back in permanent marker, with numbers 1 to 16 printed below them. Only one national anthem was played for both teams, the two captains shook hands and Ipeland got the game under way.

As expected, Ipeland dominated the game. But the fan team was not to be under estimated, and the backup defence was given a scare as the 14 year old Gibson shot up the right-wing and crossed it over to Griffiths, who missed the ball, and Fogherty collected it easily. Gibson's run collected some lukewarm applause from the 12,000 fans in Walkden Stadium. As the manager, anticipating a very easy game, took notice of the attack and became more serious shouting instructions at his players.

The players heeded Stainag's words and launched a fast attack heading towards the goal, Carting and Fr. Simmons playing a few one-twos before laying it to Saunders, whose weak shot was comfortably saved by the opposing goalkeeper. Ipeland launched more and more attacks, expecting the fans' defence to crack sooner or later. But the 5-3-2 formation worked rather well and the defense played well, doing tackles expected of quite high end players to dispossess the weakened Ipeland attacking force. The goalkeeper played her part as well, making some fantastic saves to deny Carting two goals.

The players were doing well, but the freak weather conditions, not usual for this time of year apart from by the south coast, played a major role. The wind picked up around the 20 minute mark, and blew at gale force constantly towards the Ipeland goal, which gave Fogherty something to do to keep the wind from scoring. Add to this a thin layer of fog was hanging very low on the ground, just about up to a normal sized man's ankles, which obscured all vision of the ball, means passing was incredibly difficult along the ground. Luckily the wind stopped just around the 45 minute mark, and the fog had risen to just above a normal man's head, which in turn created a lot of problems of it's own, especially from set pieces.

At half time, the fog had all but cleared, but the sky was still overcast and incredibly dull. The perfect weather for a picnic then. One of the companies sponsoring the match had put a picnic hamper under every seat. One of the fans on the closest rows donated one of the picnic hampers found under Price's seat, so the fan team sat on the pitch and had a nice lunch. The Ipeland team and staff joined them with another hamper. The players were enjoying themselves so much they forgot they were in the middle of a football match, so the half time interval lasted about three-quarters of an hour. No-one cared as they were enjoying themselves too much.

The second half was much quieter, despite having both goals in them. The half was mainly made up of passing around the midfield, and the only two shots were the goals. The first shot/goal came in the 66th minute, Fr. Simmons shooting from long range, which was just out of reach of Cox's fingers. The second goal came late in the game, just the allotted added time was supposed to end, Carting popping up and tapping in from a corner.

Overall it was a fun experience for everyone, and not really much of a serious match at all. The next opponent is Grunuik, away.

If anyone would like to submit any people from your nation, feel free to TG me.

If this RP is deemed unacceptable in any way, feel free to give it 0 RP bonus
Last edited by Ipeland on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Hutt River

New Pebble Island
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pebble Island » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:15 pm

New Pebble Island's First REAL Challenge
By Jason Durbani, BBC Sports

Ah, New Pebble Island. The little team that could. While they have won their first two games, the scoring has declined and the defense has gotten lousy! New Pebble Island will have their first REAL test tonight agianst some team from what looks like Africa. This blogger is much to lazy to do anymore research and predicts any team is better than New Pebble Island when they play to their full power.

And no... the negativity was not because of a fight with my brother.(James)
-Jason Durbani
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=163323
Factbook. Read before speaking to me. RP Sample there aswell.

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Mangolana Gazzette

League split official

The Rumored league split of the Mangolana Premier league is now official sources say. Sources close to lead reporter Alvin Mydoodal have told him today that a 10 team breakaway is now in progress, with 8 of them returning there league cards this afternoon, and the other two returning their's tomorrow. The ten teams that reportedly have broken away from the Premier league are Skyline City, Dalenderain, Arsenrall, Mascona FC, Soccoroo, Arlnet, Nirvana, Narcana, Bluepool, and Redpool. While this leaves the premier league with only 7 teams in its top division, it is expected that the top 10 not leaving in the super league will be promoted, and the bottom ten will be merged with the pro league should no more teams join the exodus.

The new league formed by these breakaway teams is currently unnamed, but will be chaired by Gordon Hampshire, owner of Dalenderain. When asked about international qualification from Mangolana for this new league, Mr. Hampshire answered that "I have contacted the Champions Cup and Globe cup about splitting the spots between the two leagues, so that the premier league will recieve 1 champions cup berth, and 1 Globe cup berth, while we will recieve a champions cup berth and 1 globe cup berth, with the last globe cup spot to be decided in a play-off between two selected teams. " Currently Mangolana holds 2 spots in the Champions Cup, and 3 spots in the Globe cup.

There is no news yet on when a possible start date is for the upcoming season, or even if these teams will play football this season.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

New Pebble Island
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pebble Island » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Eight Hours before Kickoff, Luisito's Hospital Room
Luisito was watching the reports from last night's games eating a bowl of cereal. Bench team versus fans, easy victory, hard loss, a famous losing to a giant bird. Damn this was a weird Cup. Well, two hours until I get out of here. Ehh, what the hell, I'll draw another attempt at a logo.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=163323
Factbook. Read before speaking to me. RP Sample there aswell.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I have spent most of my evening laughing, as I have been in the incredibly uncultured nation of Elstorm, where a favoured Licentiapacisterra side managed to lose against a much weaker, and also unknown, host side.

The Cyan-and-Gold were looking strong at the beginning of the match, and didn’t look phased by this unknown quality. Both Kerr and Knight had multiple chances up front to convert the Eagles’ large possession numbers into goals, but the closest chance came when Louis Atkinson powered a 30 yard shot just over the Elstormian ‘keeper’s net. Licentiapacisterra went in at halftime scratching their heads as they wondered why they hadn’t capitalised on so many golden opportunities.

The second half came, and not much really happened to catch the eye. The Eagles continued to dominate on paper, but never managed to quite capitalise on their chances, while Elstorm continued on as if they hadn’t shown up in the first place. Then, disaster struck for the Cyan-and-Gold. Gordon Harrison headed the ball, in an attempt to send it back to Stewart, and missed his target completely. The ball rolled into the back of the net, and Elstorm led 1-0. Licentiapacisterra continued on in shock and disbelief at their bad luck, and fell to a second straight defeat this campaign. Many fans believe that if they cannot pull off at least a draw against West Angola, there is no chance of the squad meeting expectations and coming 4th.

In other news, the West Angolan government has announced that they are playing constant reruns of various moronic shows in the run-up to tomorrow’s game, as if to prove to me that they are cultured. There’s not much chance of that. Once a bunch of sweaty uncultured morons, always a bunch of sweaty uncultured morons...
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Braxil
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Nation's Mood.

Postby Braxil » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Group One:
Bloodbath Generation
Eastfield Lodge
Braxil
Michael VII
Cambazooty
Saint-Germaine
Liventia
Jeru FC

The Nation's Mood: WE'RE SCREWED!!
The National Team's Mood: We'll try.
The Coach's Mood: World Cup 57, We didn't qualify, this time we'll screw them up!!
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Current Conflicts: None

Achievments in Sports:
Rugby Union World Cup 17 Group Stage
World Cup 57 Qualifying Stage
World Cup 60 Qualifying Stage
III Volleyball World Expo Qualifying Stage
World Bowl 16 Qualifying Stage

Strange-Saxe War: Won
Braxil-Norsovia War: Won

Alexanderburn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexanderburn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:53 pm

A strong cell of thunderstorms is headed towards the stadium. Watch out for cloud-to-ground lightning.

"When are we going to play, Coach Kingsley?" asked Torben Frederiksen, eager to play a great match of football.
"Once the storms clear up. The rest of the region is blacked out, and the lightning out there is pretty dangerous," replied the coach.

The Alexanderburnese national football team sat in their changing room, operated on electricity from a generator, awaiting the moment when they could finally go back outside and play the wonderfully strong nation of Akbarabad.

"I wish we could have played this match at home this time around," noted Devin Persson, who has just one cap for the national team so far.
"Well, I've heard the weather here sucks pretty much all-year round!" said Dale Moulton, the back-up goalkeeper.

"Either way, the officials from Akbarabad have been pretty rude to us." The team looked around and came eye-to-eye with manager Manuel del Bensolix.
"We're not even allowed to leave yet. They haven't offered us anything to eat or drink - no coats, no blankets, nothing!"

"Well it's not like they cannot afford it," noted assistant coach Mathiassen. "The economy in this country is phenomonal!" Just then, the team's chef walked in with a little platter of food.

"Guess what? I found a cookbook of Akbarabadian Food and Culture and decided to make a small snack for you boys," he said. "It might be a while." The team all took a small hors d'oeuvres from their professional chef, and though some were originally reluctant, they ultimately enjoyed the dish very much.

"I can tell you one thing, boys," declared Marcel Schroeder. "They have some great culture here. Take the food, for example. I haven't had anything this good for months!"
National football team:
Football Association forum: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=116478

AX1 Newsticker:
Parliament to likely hold vote of no confidence after January recess

as of 31 December 2013:
Population = 5.153 billion
Unemployment rate = 13.0 (up from 10.2 six months ago) / U6 = 23.5
GDP per capita = £18 750 (down from £19 202 six months ago)
Mean income = £23 441
Exchange rate = $1 = £7.19 (up from £2.80 one month ago)
Economic growth: -4.7% annualized (recession)

--
HM King Alexander Maximilian I
Premier Kieran Charlton
Secondier Steffen Eggers

New Montreal States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby New Montreal States » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 pm

The EVP of Programming and Game Development and the VP of Marketing had spent a hectic 36 hours trying to round up the supplies they needed to cope with the outraged libertadore simulacra of the WC31 Paladins locked away inside the NMSoft headquarters. Moving the players from their conference room holding cell to a more workable arrangement had involved armed guards and some frantic work by maintenance staff who had to barricade off a separate conference room and an adjacent women's bathroom, after tearing a hole in the wall between the two using sledgehammers. Finding 23 straightjackets on the QT and enough qualified security personnel who could be trusted to not blab about the mishaps cause by the Chairman's abuse of Dreamed Realm technology would have been hard enough, without the fact that time was pressing and that the prisoners had gone from loudly and profanely abusing their captors to huddling in corners of their conference-room prison, plotting their escape. When the VP of Marketing went to pick up the last few bits and pieces of their plan (a box of fifths of Jacques Daniel, two ounces of bright orange dank and a variety of pub snacks,) both of them were quite punchy from stress and sleep deprivation. They'd set up cots in a nearby empty office, and allowed themselves two hours of sleep while the simulacra went on a bender.

The new holding area also had a large steel-mesh glass window, and the two executives watched as their captives staggered around. A few of the lightweights had already collapsed into a stupor, while the others sang or argued amongst themselves. One of the players staggered up to the door and began barraging his captors in slurred, rapid-fire Spanish.

"I kinda wish I knew what he was saying," said the EVP of Programming and Game Development. "But at the same time, I'm kind of glad I don't."

"I can translate for you if you'd like."

"Well, go on then."

"He's propositioning you."

"I probably could have guessed that myself."

"Now he's calling me the fascist son of a fascist sow. Now he's accusing both our ancestors of unsavory sexual practices. And now he's...down for the count, apparently." The simulacrum had taken a huge swig of bourbon to fuel his next wave of insults, but had gone crashing to the carpeted floor instead.

"Nice translations. Where did you learn Spanish profanity?"

"Oh, I majored in Iberian studies at Valdemont. I might have gotten a little rusty over the years, but the last couple of days have done wonders for my memory."

"Really? I had always assumed you'd studied...well...marketing."

"You'd think so, but 19-year-old me thought that the business school was a bunch of future stuffed suits."

"I'm not gonna say you were wrong."

"I'm not either. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I'd followed that up after school - get up late, stay up later, eating cheap angel hair bolognese and drinking bottom-shelf liquor, discussing magical realism until the squares got up out of bed the next morning."

"And then you realized you'd have to pay rent every month."

"Ain't that the truth? Still this job has its perks, mostly every other Friday. Still, I haven't done anything nearly as interesting as my senior thesis - ideas and critiques of conventional Catholic morality and ethics in Love in the Time of Cholera. I'd love to self-publish that someday, but I'm worried that people might think I'm some sort of vainglorious pseudo-intellectual."

"Worried what the Chairman might think?"

"Please. He thinks that Gabriel Garcia Marquez is the man who runs the taco stand down on the first floor of the building."

The EVP of Programming and Game Development broke down laughing for thirty seconds. After catching her breath, she turned to the VP of Marketing and apologized. "Sorry. I need sleep something desperate right now."

"No worries."

"I guess sometimes I forget that everyone else here has something else going for them aside from this job."

"No kidding. Every time I put on a tie I feel myself turning into a one-dimensional bit character. After eight hours of meetings, I sometimes have to remind myself that I have a name and a personality."

The EVP of Programming and Game Development lowered her voice: "I am not a number! I am a free man!" The VP of Marketing burst out laughing in turn. His outburst didn't end until the EVP gently moved him out of the way of the security officers, who were moving into the room, dragging the passed-out drunk simulacra out one by one, straitjacketing them, and hauling them off to the generator to be dissolved back into the essence of the Dreamed Realm.

"We need sleep."

"Yes we do. Fortunately, I told the Chairman we're going to a conference in Sherbrooke for the rest of the week. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 2 P.M., order Vietnamese, and watch episodes of Longbowman* all day. It's gonna be wonderful."

"That sounds pretty good, actually."

"We should grab dinner sometime before Monday, if only to hammer out an alibi."

"Call me the day after tomorrow?"

"Sounds good."

And on this clichéd note, we'll leave them to live happily ever after, because frankly someone ought to.

FIN

*animated comedy based on the antics of a dysfunctional spy agency, quite popular in the NMS
Last edited by New Montreal States on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50 with Vilita

Karditan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Karditan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Dorian frowned.
"America invaded."

Pierre looked up from filing his nails and cocked an eyebrow.
"What was that?"

"The USA invaded me."

Pierre pushed his rolly-chair over to Dorian's desk and looked at the laptop.
"You made an RLstate?"

"Yeah, I did. North Korea, a nation made specifically to joint RP with the guy who made the original Korea. We had this nice civil war roleplay going between North and South, and I was kicking the South's ass! Plus I have this kick-ass communist dictatorship set up- you know, like the FSSO."

"YOU made a communist dictatorship? But you run a monopoly!"

"Yeah, but I like how I can pretend to be someone I'm not in this game. It was so cool exploring different avenues until America came along and fucked things up!"

Wrinkling his nose, Pierre reached into his bag and pulled out his own laptop.
"America, you say? That's odd. They have been pretty isolationist whenever they could help it. You were not threatening them at all?"

"No! The only other country remotely involved was Red China, and he was just supplying me with some resources for the war effort. Then America invades for the dumbest reason- apparently it's just because we're communist! That's ridiculous! No one in the real world would actually go to war because of an ideology. Bloody godmodding warmonger. Apparently he has this chemical under developement that he can just dump on a country and kill all the plantlife there. He's gracious enough to say that it'll take a full decade of work to create this doomsday device that could completely remove a country's food supply- and any stragetic advantage, if it's mostly jungle."

Dorian was met with a very disturbed gaze from a surprised Pierre.
"Uh... sure, whatever you say. I'm just sticking to the sports section. And you can't talk about godmodding until you see the stunt Italy tried to pull in RLWorld Cup 2..."
Champions: -n/a-
Runner-up: BoF 46; WBXX
Qualified for WC63
Hosted: WBXX; WBXL
<Audio> I'm singling out Karditan for reasons that should be fucking obvious after the past twelve months
<Karditan> Sssshh, some people haven't caught onto our man love, Audio.
<Audio> I'm drunk, I'll express my manlove for whomever I damned well please
<Karditan> And now, for a stirring rendition of the Equestrian States national anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVWvOC_2HU
<Audio> why did I even click on that?
<Nephara> why did I expect that to be
<Audio> what was I expecting?
<Nephara> anything other than it was
Nephara clears internet history

Jeru FC
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeru FC » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Jeru FC assistant coach Princess Sofia and player Felicia Day

Felicia: Hey Sofia, some professor fella says Goran Oxfield didn't found Qazox and he was a fiction. He says Joan of Arc did.
Sofia: Yeah?
Felicia: Yeah
Sofia: Jeruselem seems to have a few fictional historial people as well.
Felicia: What you think as a Qazian?
Sofia: Well, I suppose I am a Qazian. But I don't know
Felicia: I mean it's big for Qazians, with their founder who never existed.
Sofia: I guess it is, wonder what it means.
Felicia: Does it mean Qazox belongs to French crown?
Sofia: Well ... but Qazox is now an independent nation anyway.
Felicia: If the Qazians wants a monarch, who would they want?
Sofia: I'm up for it if they ask.
Felicia: I suppose Queen Isabella has her hands full with her job.
Sofia: If them Qazians need me to sort something out, I'm the girl.
Felicia: But you're a bit weird
Sofia: Hey, I'm not that weird.

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Domestic
Nationwide League of Championship Football Franchises

Astodon Lannies
LINEUP: N. Pounchtal, W. Wilton, J. Haslett, C. Washington, V. Piqué Amborsio, P. Wingate, H. Covington, S. Ichtyelkov, A. Blackburn, O. De Luca, A. Radcliffe
MANAGER: Soter Lomas
Athenian Towns
LINEUP: Y. Larraza, W. Bickford, R. Montgomery, J. Pidulski, R. Addison, D. Hilton, W. Sporadic, O. Yobanna, J. Reeve-Wilson, D. Nagato, S. Fulton
MANAGER: Fernleigh Whitcomb
Baker Red Devils
LINEUP: O. Carroll, D. Livingstone, C. Kirkwood, B. Nye, C. Olin, R. Dryden, T. Camelot, B. Norman, W. Bliss, M. Bloodworth, K. Chancellor
MANAGER: Tomlin Whitelaw
Bartewick Hilltoppers
LINEUP: É. Thibault, T. Patton, P. Blackburn, R. Ellison, L. Garroway, H. Tanner, K. Prescott, L. Shelleigh, U. Charleton, L. Nordin, T. Newhall
MANAGER: Slade Collier
Briarshaw Bonnies
LINEUP: P. Newman, P. Marveau-Kahn, M. Gomer-Audleigh, M. Kingman, Y. Stoddard, S. Churchill, R. Wharton, Z. Wilson, L. Hadleigh, S. Farrell, K. Bassford
MANAGER: Dean Marsdon
Briarshaw Peoples
LINEUP: J. Parr, M. Seabrook, C. Ordway, G. Ragnarsson, J. Matinzky, S. Elsworth, S. Bishop, C. Nye, E. Street, J. St. James, J. Behnke
MANAGER: Wladyslaw Bashirskaya
Cambridge Ivies
LINEUP: K. Denzil, M. Hammond, M. Allenby, B. Barclay, D. Ortega, R. Beval, F. Hernandez, B. Roxbury, B. Frey, S. Kester, G. Dell
MANAGER: Pickford Kyne
Chastings Barts
LINEUP: D. Northrup, R. Rutleigh, K. Ransom-Everard, B. Wainwright, J. Morgan, D. Truch, K. Ale'ack, P. Gifford, C.R. Cangelosi, C. York, R. Putnam-Dubric
MANAGER: Talbot Moore
Comesby Foxes
LINEUP: K. Waverleigh, P. Elder, A. Leighton, M. Leighton, D. Preston, F. America, P. Hall, S. Krause, X. Demichelis, P. Elder, B. Felton-Brewster
MANAGER: Montgomery Ingram
Eastern Chase Giants
LINEUP: S. Seabrook, Y. Mercer, S. Austin, C. Clifford, A. Kemp, D. Haden, M. Hamilton, G. Phillips, W. Stanfield, J. Cedric, L. Cobourne
MANAGER: Henderson Bolton
Eastern Chase Nationals
LINEUP: A. Filmore, S. Hibbert, M. Squire, G. Washington, S. Harden, B. Maxwell, D. Pollard-Beck, P. Sundstrom, A. Scarloff, E. Langston, W. Dudleigh
MANAGER: Reginald Deacon
Islaic Gold
LINEUP: W. Covington, P. Wilkinson, G. Ascensión, M. Wakefield, D. Saxon, O. Henderson, F. Augustin, O. Golding, M. Magyar, R. Waldo, P. Latimer
MANAGER: Nelson Hartford
Kyle Stevedores
LINEUP: B. Storm, K. Holbrook, H.H. Stanford-Wallace, W. Thormond, B. Filmore, M. Hargrove, P. Geary, J. Simmons, Y. Marsden-Holmes, F. Kent, E. Stillman-Sagar
MANAGER: Wade Turner
Merrilin Chasers
LINEUP: N. Prakusya, R. Reeve, M. Kumar, J. Maguire, J.A. Worth, H. Freeman, A. Dew, O. Hastings, B. ap Rhys, F. Whitmore, C. Ellison-Lincoln
MANAGER: Irwin Clay
Portsdan Athletics
LINEUP: C. Marte, D. Davis, E. Deacon, H. Stoddard, R. Weston, D. Quinn, B. Reading, N. Wesleigh, V. Jefferson, M. Royce, P. Carlisle
MANAGER: Marvin Grayson
Salutin Ports
LINEUP: G. Diamond, E. Upton, M. Atterbarry, A. Mckellar, B. Phelps-Newton, G. Norman, A. Guerrón, B. Guildford, F. van der Ryst, J. Abosi, S. Kingston
MANAGER: Rex Conway
Sherwood Yellow Wasps
LINEUP: W. Carroll, R. Haven, I. Jefferson, M. Touré, A. Barton, T. Chance, S. Nenci, R. Sherlock, S. Salisbury, B. Aldoaga, F. Benson-Fisk
MANAGER: Prescott Welbourne
Skyanter Infantry
LINEUP: É. Reuter, R. Roper, Osinachi, K. Yale, M. Holmes, P. Pollock, J. Sedlak, S.H. Sherman, C. Keaton, S. Gresham, J.A. Cedres
MANAGER: Fleming Beresford
Topher Graces
LINEUP: D. Szezlak, M. Read, H. Morse, G. van Zant, R. Upwood, C. Mills, R. Bolton, S. Vordsson, S. Mitchell, O. Oosthuizen, P. Bickford
MANAGER: Emmett Frey
Woodlands Lumberjacks
LINEUP: H. Tanton, J. Scoville, U. Akaregi, E. Thatcher, C. Thorndike, N. Bancroft, R. Marie, P. Sinclair, T. Freeman, R. Buck, T. Patrick-Peterson
MANAGER: Gi Han
Matchday Four
Woodlands Lumberjacks 3–3 Islaic Gold (3–3 AET) (2–4 pen.)
Kyle Stevedores 4–0 Eastern Chase Nationals
Merrilin Chasers 1–0 Eastern Chase Giants
Portsdan Athletics 2–0 Comesby Foxes
Salutin Ports 1–2 Chastings Barts
Sherwood Yellow Wasps 0–2 Cambridge Ivies
Skyanter Infantry 2–1 Briarshaw Peoples
Topher Graces 2–0 Briarshaw Bonnies
Astodon Lannies 1–0 Bartewick Hilltoppers
Athenian Towns 1–0 Baker Red Devils

Matchday Five
Baker Red Devils 0–1 Woodlands Lumberjacks
Bartewick Hilltoppers 0–1 Athenian Towns
Briarshaw Bonnies 0–2 Astodon Lannies
Briarshaw Peoples 0–2 Topher Graces
Cambridge Ivies 0–1 Skyanter Infantry
Chastings Barts 1–0 Sherwood Yellow Wasps
Comesby Foxes 0–2 Salutin Ports
Eastern Chase Giants 1–3 Portsdan Athletics
Eastern Chase Nationals 0–3 Merrilin Chasers
Islaic Gold 2–3 Kyle Stevedores

Matchday Six
Woodlands Lumberjacks 0–1 Kyle Stevedores
Merrilin Chasers 2–3 Islaic Gold
Portsdan Athletics 1–0 Eastern Chase Nationals
Salutin Ports 0–0 Eastern Chase Giants (1–1 AET) (3–1 pen.)
Sherwood Yellow Wasps 3–1 Comesby Foxes
Skyanter Infantry 1–1 Chastings Barts (1–1 AET) (0–3 pen.)
Topher Graces 3–0 Cambridge Ivies
Astodon Lannies 1–0 Briarshaw Peoples
Athenian Towns 2–0 Briarshaw Bonnies
Baker Red Devils 2–0 Bartewick Hilltoppers

Current Standings
1 Portsdan Athletics 6 6 0 13 1 +12
2 Kyle Stevedores 6 6 0 15 4 +11
3 Athenian Towns 6 5 1 11 6 +5
4 Islaic Gold 6 5 1 20 11 +9
5 Topher Graces 6 5 1 10 1 +9
6 Chastings Barts 6 4 2 7 5 +2
7 Woodlands Lumberjacks 6 4 2 11 8 +3
8 Merrilin Chasers 6 4 2 14 4 +10
9 Salutin Ports 6 4 2 8 4 +4
10 Astodon Lannies 6 4 2 7 5 +2
11 Skyanter Infantry 6 3 3 14 14 0
12 Baker Red Devils 6 2 4 5 5 0
13 Bartewick Hilltoppers 6 2 4 6 10 −4
14 Sherwood Yellow Wasps 6 2 4 5 7 −2
15 Briarshaw Peoples 6 1 5 3 11 −8
Eastern Chase Giants 6 1 5 3 11 −8
17 Briarshaw Bonnies 6 1 5 3 12 −9
18 Cambridge Ivies 6 1 5 2 13 −11
19 Eastern Chase Nationals 6 0 6 3 15 −12
20 Comesby Foxes 6 0 6 3 16 −13
Matchday Seven
Lumberjacks @ Hilltoppers
Red Devils @ Bonnies
Towns @ Peoples
Lannies @ Ivies
Graces @ Barts
Infantry @ Foxes
Yellow Wasps @ Giants
Ports @ Nationals
Athletics @ Gold
Chasers @ Stevedores

Matchday Eight
Chasers @ Lumberjacks
Stevedores @ Athletics
Gold @ Ports
Nationals @ Yellow Wasps
Giants @ Infantry
Foxes @ Graces
Barts @ Lannies
Ivies @ Towns
Peoples @ Red Devils
Bonnies @ Hilltoppers

Matchday Nine
Lumberjacks @ Bonnies
Hilltoppers @ Peoples
Red Devils @ Ivies
Towns @ Barts
Lannies @ Foxes
Graces @ Giants
Infantry @ Nationals
Yellow Wasps @ Gold
Ports @ Stevedores
Athletics @ Chasers

Back-to-Back Premier Wins for the Stevedores Have Them Atop the League

Let's get this out of the way first: yes, Portsdan is technically first in the standings by goal differential. However, let's make it clear that they've played five out of the six worst teams in the league thus far in the season. It's not hard to imagine them only allowing one goal when their six opponents have scored 21 goals between them all season. Give some credit to Chris Marte, who has improved quite a bit in the net since coming to Civil Citizenry from Mangolana in the east, as well as to Edison Deacon, a former under-21 national team player who hasn't yet found his niche but may have a chance to shine under the tutelage of fellow defender David Davis. The point is, this team is not good enough to keep up this undefeated record. Wait till they play some real teams.

There's one other undefeated team that can refute such attacks. That would be the Kyle Stevedores, the team that shocked the world recently by upsetting former world number one Raynor City United to reach the Champions' Cup group stage in its debut run (as a club or franchise). As a new franchise, and being sort of a second-banana team in Kyle to the Gold, formerly the successful FC Sandside, the Stevedores flew largely under the radar as preparations for the new season began. Their run to the final of the Parris Trophy, while impressive, didn't attract much attention. Their manager, Wade Turner, is an unknown who used to coach in the Lord's League; their players are unimpressive; there's somewhat of a shady feeling about the entire franchise.

That's no surprise to those who know that the Stevedores are owned by Oroboros, a huge investment fund based in Kukalaya that has built somewhat of a conglomerate of international sports teams. Oroboros has deep ties with the extra-dimensional realm of Wight and its influential overlord, Búa, which is sketchy in itself. Oroboros promised to invest heavily in the success of this franchise, and while you may not see it based on the roster, the money is hidden in the extravagantly modern facilities the team uses. The Kukalayan investors were awarded a large plot of land just outside the city limits of Kyle, some three miles away from the water; and there, with the help of some innovative architects from Kukalaya and this semi-fictional nation of Wight, developed a stunning facility that puts all Citiz football stadia and training facilities to shame. Citiz hate foreigners about as much as they hate us (and they hate us a lot), but no one is complaining about these high-tech buildings the Stevedores are using.

Between the facilities and a coaching staff that is underrated but does a fantastic job of ramming home the idea of playing with pure fundamentals, the Stevedores players have rapidly improved, just in the short time since the team was formed. Broughton Storm burst onto the King's League scene several years ago at age 21, but sort of fizzled out until his resurgence this season. Bundy Filmore is one of the best young defenders in the country, but for the first time this year the 24-year-old is getting the opportunity to be a team's true defensive star, allowing him to flourish and bring out his natural talents. Jamar Simmons is a Stachlandian midfielder who's been selected for their national team several times and is continuing to resurrect a career that once fell off the map just like his squad, Eastern Chase, did a few years back. Purvise Geary is a 30-something internationally-capped player who's on his last legs, but playing well since returning to Civil Citizenry after a long stint in Swartaz.

Kyle is no longer under the radar now. They defeated the Gold in an exciting, high-octane crosstown rivalry that captivated football fans across the country; on a day when few goals were scored, five shots were netted in Kyle, three of them belonging to the Stevedores. Ultra-confident after that victory, they boarded a cross-country train to face the Lumberjacks, which had defeated them in the Parris Trophy on a 56th-minute goal by Robert Buck. The buck stopped there, though, as the Lumberjacks were stymied by Filmore, Storm & Co. Simmons fed Fenton Kent for an easy goal tucked into the lower right corner early on, and the team never looked back, avenging their prior loss and keeping their perfect record intact.

There are many different personalities on this team, and surely no sane owners or managers would devise a group as diverse and individualized as this one. But that very strangeness is what allows Kyle to be so successful. All the oddities seem to fit into place, so that the team isn't really odd so much as unique. Everyone in the Stevedores locker room and front office embraces the differences they all share. The camaraderie that is being built is something that will endure throughout the season - unlike the unusually soft schedule the Portsdan Athletics have benefited from.

International
World Cup

Civil Citizenry Bakers
LINEUP: G. Diamond, J. Scoville, L. Kendrick, R. Montgomery, L. Garroway, C. Mills, P. Pollock, L. Sutton, A. Sanders, M. Royce, J. Cedric
BENCH: P. Newman, R. Haven, C. Washington, B. Filmore, R. Beval, D. Pollard-Beck, W. Bliss, V. Hewitt, B. Felton-Brewster, P. Latimer, B. Bond
MANAGER: Lester Blackburn
First Half
Civil Citizenry 4-0 Equatorial Sarmen
(Doman Field (43,000), Briarshaw, Civil Citizenry)
Civil Citizenry 5-2 O-Damn
(unknown)
Civil Citizenry vs Allamunnic States
(The Barn (58,100), Comesby, Civil Citizenry)
Civil Citizenry at Bears Armed
(Wimbley Stadium (60,000), Council Groves, Bears Armed)
Civil Citizenry vs Friday Freshman
(Victoria National Arena (15,000), Victorwick)
Civil Citizenry vs Unified Falcon
(Coastal Citiz Stadium (39,000), Kyle of the Isle, Civil Citizenry)
Civil Citizenry at Ko-oren
(unknown)

Nine Goals In Two Games Has Bakers Off to Best Start in the World

[same as last night, just pretend there's text here, unless you're Saugeais]
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

El Gran Tropico
Secretary

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Gran Tropico » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:41 pm

The sun was just beginning to droop low on the horizon, setting a brilliant red glow about the dark silhouette of the Estadio Agüeybaná. In the dimming light, thousands of Tropican fans came spilling out the eastern gate of the stadium. In the shadow of the stadium their brilliant clothing and pendants, all blue, white, and gold, could not catch the light, giving the whole scene a dim and unlovely appearance here on an island known for its sunshine and beautiful weather.

The color of the scene was matched in the expressions on the sea of faces: downcast, hurrying and straining away from the stadium, muttering their frustrations aloud. Looking on from a high, deserted space in the emptying bleachers, Pedro Castillo could glimpse flashes of those faces, and his heart sank with theirs. Everyone had come to the match with high spirits. The unranked Tropican National Football Team was fresh off a surprising tie against Taeshan - ranked 33rd in the world - just a week prior (not to mention several UICA victories.) Now, at home and facing a much lower ranked team, everyone in El Gran Tropico had been expecting a victory. Perhaps that was what had done it, Castillo though. Overconfidence. Everyone on the team, himself included, had approached the match without even considering the possibility that they would loose.

Yet 294th-ranked Fonidia and Osteyon had destroyed that myth just minutes into the match. Castillo shook his head letting out a deep sigh. He was exhausted - as were his teammates. They had played their hardest, but to no avail. For much of the game - first as a stratagem, the out of desperation - Coach Bojékio had called for aggressive play, pressing the attack in 4-2-4 and 4-3-3 formations. For this, the team had an impressive seventeen shots on goal - Castillo himself had contributed eight. Yet the opposing defenders had managed to keep every one of those from finding its way into the net. That #1 Cruz, the team captain, had suffered a broken ankle during an early rush on the goal hadn't helped matters, but his replacement, #18 Espina, had acquitted himself well. But somehow, nothing had worked! Castillo shook his head again in frustration.

Compared to the offense, the team's defense had played terribly. Yuisa Campo, the 'supposed' all-star female goalkeeper from C.F. Cemisa had allowed two goals from Fonidia and Osteyon's meager eight shots on goal, and Castillo and the rest of the team were beginning to doubt her abilities. And Mabó Agüeybaná, the normally rough-and-tumble Taíno sweeper, had been called for tripping late in the game, giving up a third goal during the ensuing free-kick. Altogether, the team had little to be proud of after their first match at home.

Had it been lack of experience, Cristobal wondered. Overconfidence? Or just bad luck? He sighed again and turned his face from the dejected crowds still streaming away from the stadium, lifting his face to the last brilliant shimmer of red and gold setting far out to sea. Then he smiled. He knew what old Coach Bojékio would tell him: "You think too much." International football was perhaps the most competitive sport in the world, and there were bound to be ups and downs for any team. And anyways, he knew, only time would tell.

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

ESPN: Equestria Sports Programming Network
Equestrians Win, Then Lose While I Panic and Scream
by Steve McNotapony

Well, there were two 3-1 games played in the World Cup Qualifiers here in the Equestrian States. One of them I was able to attend in person, the other...well...I was running for my life, so soccer wasn't exactly my first priority.

First things first: The opening match between the Equestrian States and Waspeaters was fairly boring actually. Considering that a lot of games these days have crazy and thrilling endings, it was anticlimactic; I fully expected Fire Dash would score three goals in stoppage time, but alas, he did not. Regardless, it was a fine day for the team, and the new starters in particular.

The match began with the roaring Equestrian crowd greeting the unranked Waspeater team into the Equestria Dome. It was quite difficult to think, and I think I might have to ask them to not have that supersonic Pegasai fly over the stadium again. Anyways, things went as expected, with Fire Dash scoring off a corner kick in the 13th minute. An easy one goal lead for the Equestrians, and a good start to the Qualifiers.

Ten minutes later, Thunderlane, making his WCQ debut, made it 2-0 by breaking away from the herd and smacking one by the surprised goalkeeper whose face was oddly obscured by a mist of some sort and prevented us from identifying him.

But then in the 34th minute, a Waspeater, whose face was also oddly draped in a dark grey cloud, somehow scored on a lucky shot that just got by High Soarin' and made it a one-goal game again.

The halftime show was a strange, but short performance by a local Punk-Rock-Pop-Something group known as The Red Hot Chili Cakes (not really a fan of theirs, but Dani Equestria is a nice song).

The second half was what made this game boring for me. The only action came when Rapid Dash headed one in during the first minute of the half. Aside from that, most of the team spent a lot of time trying to figure out who each player on the Waspeaters team was by staring hard at them and following them around. I don't think a single shot on goal was taken in the last few minutes or not because I fell asleep after Flitter started hovering in front of one of the opposing Forwards.

After the match, I returned to my apartment in Everfree. Unfortunately, it was at this time that the exciting things happened. One of several state prisons for Changelings1 is located a block away from me, and it experienced a (slight) breach in security while I was napping, wondering what my own cutie mark2 would be if I was a pony. But before I could figure out, I found myself in a room filled with Changelings. For those lunatics in PETETE (Ponies for the Ethical Treatment of Everything That Exists), it would have been a dream come true, for me it was a nightmare.

So, while I was fleeing from a horde of demonic ponies from Tartarus3, the Equestrian States lost to Antoletia because all their fans from Everfree were too busy panicking to attend the game.

Hopefully that won't happen again. If it does, I'm moving to the Moon.

Definitions for the Non-Equestrians (from the "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ponies, but Was Afraid to Ask" Dictionary)

1. Changelings - A pony sub-species with the ability to shapeshift. They feed on the emotion of love...literally. I don't know how, but they manage to pull it off.

2. Cutie Mark - A mark on the rear flank of each sapient pony earned in early to mid-childhood that represents them as an individual. It might be as obvious as a pen and paper cutie mark on a pony whose special talent is writing, or more subtle in a tiara representing a pony that is spoiled and wealthy. Most ponies hold their cutie mark in the highest regard, and those foals lacking them are often mocked by those who have theirs already.

3. Tartarus - A federal prison in the Equestrian States.
Last edited by Equestrian States on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm

"In the end, in what can only be described as difficult weather conditions, the Kytlerians get the win over The tidal wake that they needed."

"It was capital punishment for them, you could say. Playing in this heavy rain and strong wind and getting nothing to show from it."

"We've had an awful lot of comments about the weather in various matches around the multiverse tonight, which has been quite an extraordinary story - we've talked about the storms over continental Rushmore earlier in the show, but quite a lot of matches have been badly affected elsewhere, too, and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists are onto this with the speed of Arthur Moon bombing down the left wing."

"Oh, they are. Margaret's name has cropped up a few times, and some have said this might be to do with the Kytlerian research team who have suggested that the influence of Margaret may have Christian origins."

"Really? I'd not read about that."

"Well, basically there was a revered RL figure in the 11th century, largely forgotten in contemporary secular society, called Margaret, Queen of Scots - or, also, Saint Margaret of Scotland."

"Right. But Margaret isn't that uncommon a name. What's the significance?"

"Well, Saint Margaret of Scotland died in the year 1093."

"AAAGH!" And a light fitting that had been ominously swinging in the wind from the press box in Zube National Stadium fell right on the analyst's face.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Man on a mission: Steven Mcswain

You know what, every morning since the last season I wake up and think, why? Seriously, getting up in the morning is pretty hard these days, and anti-depressants are this man's best friend currently...Pro-tip? Don't support Mayfield, don't go near us, but at least play nice with the insults. Sure, we deserve them, but this fanbase is about as suicidal as it gets, so yeah, try to keep us at least slightly happy about the relegation, maybe Mayfield might still have 10 people left to call themselves fans, if they're not smart enough to jump ship and support Karoe...

So...we finally scored a goal! Two in fact! Hallelujah, it only took a second team of newbies to play us in order to put one in the back of the freaking net! And this time I'm SURE that they're not just Osarian infidels into another nation whose sole mission is to embarrass us. Yay, and it was away from home, so turns out, there's too many of them to possibly be Osarian...The bad news you ask? WE CONCEDED A GOAL! What on earth is up with us, we should be better than this right? No. For some reason, we're too inadequate to keep a clean sheet and now our goal difference will suffer. It's not like any of us here have had a season ruined by goal differentials! (Yes, bloody Mayfield could only manage a -10 GD, and if we'd scored just THREE MORE GOALS, we would have advanced on Goal Average. But no, those damn Rovers stay up and we go down...Where's the transfer market?)

Wait, who am I kidding, we're not going to advance anyway, we're far too crap to even get near the second qualifying stage, and Liventia will easily take that as we will inevitably fall to about 5 more cupcake teams. That's the Michael VII style, and most people here don't even know who Steven Mcswain is, so a transfer to anywhere higher than the crappy Mayfield FC team isn't exactly gonna happen. Why am I even writing this column? I clearly don't like any of you so called fans who won't even read this. I'm pissy as hell. My team isn't even Top League calibre, and well, I couldn't even stop a goal from a Baptism of Fire team. Yeah, life's so damn good right now! Not.

It was my tackle, and I missed it, and was consequently subbed off quickly, screw this, my mission to acquire a rope is nearly complete, now just to learn that slipknot...Bye bye from Mcswain! And hopefully for the last time!
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Matchday 3 everyone! Sorry for the wait, but here is the late cutoff to the already moved back time. Tomorrow will be cutoff at the normally scheduled time.

Scores
Last edited by Saugeais on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 am

4 Goals fire Mapletish up against Achtervolging
A rare Maro hattrick sealed everything.

With Junio sidelined due to a minor hamstring pull,Maro was brought in to replace him,little did the fans know that he would return this favour with a hattrick.He was favoured over Lee Shin Dong and Takashi Domi,for the role because of his speed and agility.After a brief word with Muain Newtons before the match he returned to the pitch with the fans cheering at him,Steven Johnson was seen embracing him after what seemed to be a long wait for Maro as he stepped back into the international stage after missing the World Cup 59 qualifying due to an alleged knee injury.

So when he finally scored a goal let alone a hattrick,the fans will jump around like crazy,as if he was god and carrying his posters and boards all over the cities and towns and get over it with songs sung.He is injury prone and the secret behind his remedy of getting injured is to get down more easily than any other player,considering a diving class next time Maro?Yet when it was time for him to shed a few tears and say a few words he can't.Moreover,when Junio comes back for the next match,he will jolly well have to score a hattrick to return the favour back to Maro who helped him this time.

Sorry for crappy Rp,my homework is piling up on me :(
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:24 am

Announcer: And now the moment you have all been waiting for…

It’s the Down & Out Show with your hosts Errant Dow’naithe and Kibber Ou’transco!

Down: And welcome to the show. We have lots to talk about following the Sea Dragons victory over Idaniera today.

Out: Really?

Down: Yes we do. It was a great win for our squad as they finally broke out of their slump.

Out: Okay. So they did break out of their slump. It only took playing the 500th ranked nation in the world to do it. Not really a lot to talk about.

Down: Surely they were raned better than 500...

Out: Trust me. They sucked even worse than we did.

Down: We didn’t suck. There were lots of great plays to be seen and talked about.

Out: We scored one crappy goal in the 64th minute as the even crappier defense from Idiots-near-us failed to stop a crappy shot from Fekelii. Whoopty Frickin Do.

Down: There was that brilliant pass forward from Kylek that set up a shot from Jaqinze in the 10th minute.

Out: Did we score?

Down: No… uh…

Out: Then it doesn’t count. Next.

Down: The brilliant tackle from Ombar in the 25th minute that probably saved a goal.

Out: How does probably do anything. Either it did or it didn’t.

Down: It could have. Sanlioch was in good position though.

Out: That was a long winded no. Next.

Down: there was…

Out: did we score? No. Did we stop a score? No. That means no one gives a damn.

Down: you’re just being an ass.

Out. Probably. See? That word works perfectly there. Just not in your “Oh My Gosh - it’s a Sea Dragon Play” scenario.

Down: but we did get a win.

Out: Yeah. From a team even Starblaydia could Rawwrrrrcrush at this point. Big Deal.

Down: And that moves us off the bottom of the Group 2 table.

Out: Are we in 1st place?

Down: Uh… No

Out: Then why are we even talking about it? Damn I need a drink

Down: well what would you like to talk about then?

Out: Bourbon

Down: we are not talking about Bourbon on this show! We are supposed to be covering Sea Dragon results and news here.

Out: Didn’t we already take care of that?

Down: Well, sort of

Out: Then whats the problem?

Down: We are not discussing bourbon

Out: Who wants to discuss it? I just want to drink it.

Down: We have a squad signed up to play basketball in the IBC

Out: Are we any good?

Down: potentially yes

Out: how do you always come up with shit like that for a yes or no question?

Down: But it’s the truth

Out: Truth. We suck at basketball too. Now that’s some truth.

Down: you are hopeless. We have signed up for a swamp soccer tournament as well.

Out: Is the team an all female one?

Down: Not sure. We just signed up

Out: Is it likely we will send an all girl team?

Down. Doubt it.

Out: Not gonna watch it

Down: And just why not?

Out: you can watch guys mud wrestle if you want to. Not really my thing.

Down; they will be playing soccer.

Out: call it what you want but guys flopping around In the mud with guys from another team seems a lot like mud wrestling to me.

Down: I truly hate you.

Out: Flattery will get you nowhere.

Down: Eat shit. This has been Down and Out. See ya next time
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

The Icemark
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Savski Venac 0 - 1 The Icemark

Postby The Icemark » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:39 am

Found in the ancient vaults of the citadel of Frostmarris:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 am

Still Going Strong

After three match rounds, Ko-oren find themselves in second place, with three victories and that’s all. After having faced three out of four newcomers, Ko-oren is still going strong at perfect score and the only criticism so far is that the goal difference is not as high as it could have. The Greenblues are experiencing major trouble in finding the opponent’s goal, yet it’s not a question of finishing, but rather getting the ball in the general direction of the other goal altogether.

Ko-oren are using a 3-5-2 formation, with three fullbacks, two defensive midfielders, one central midfielder, two wing midfielders and two strikers. It does not sound too defensive, especially since formations with four or even five defenders are quite common, but the three fullbacks are expected to have as little to do as possible during a match, and making the goalkeeper do something is considered a sin since the new tactic was deployed.

During possession, it is okay to use the goalkeeper as an 11th man that can pass the ball around. In all other cases, it is the duty of the entire team to first avoid conceding goals, second to score goals. The defensive midfielders are there to break the opponent’s attack as early as possible, where they close down on the other strikers. If the opponent plays with wing midfielders, they are prey for the left- and right back. The central midfielder’s task is to make sure that communication to the attack/strikers is cut off, the wing midfielders have to make sure that further wing attack is impossible for the offense, and the strikers have to globally watch the back of the rest of the team, and run back and aid defense if the opponent comes all out and even defenders help along in front.

While attacking, Ko-oren plays a whole different game. Defense is a job for all 11, attack is only for about 5. Shiribeshi, the nation’s top striker and finisher, is to go as close to the other goalkeeper as possible, still maintaining a good position that allows him to receive the ball and if possible, shoot. Tokachi, the other striker, serves a purpose of getting the ball to Shiribeshi, with or without help from the central midfielder (Fenner) or a defensive midfielder (usually Hel). Lastly, Idrasil and Talmis are on the wings, trying to get a cross to Shiribeshi or trying to close down on the defense themselves and reap confusion.

A team with the quality of Ko-oren should not always have to rely on defense. But yesterday, against Equatorial Sarmen, this is exactly what happened – again. Ko-oren is yet to face an opponent of their own caliber (Allamunnic States, Bears Armed, Civil Citizenry), and in all matches so far, Ko-oren has been relying on the defense. Which remained untested until the 43rd minute, where Smith scored for ES.

In attack, Ko-oren has scored three. It was indeed again Shiribeshi that broke the deadlock after 39 minutes, assisting to Tokachi after 60 minutes to put Ko-oren up front again (2-1) and scoring from the penalty spot after 84 minutes (3-1) and finishing the game. So far, Ko-oren have scored six (of which half then came from today’s game) and conceded only one (!). The goal difference is far from bad, but it couldn’t help trying to increase it a little, especially with three more teams on roughly the same level as the Greenblues.

Next time, Ko-oren will visit O-Damn. The venue is as of yet unclear, but the match will be played. And Ko-oren Sports Network will be there. We don’t know yet how though.

Match Stats:
3 Goals 1
4 Shots on Target 1
7 Shots total 2
1 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 1
67% Possession 33%

The following is information directly from the KFA: The home venues.
MD5, Sat 9 June: Ko-oren v. Allamunnic States (Alpha Ground, Branvün)
MD7, Mon 11 June: Ko-oren v. Civil Citizenry (Cold Ground, Máyárá)
MD8, Wed 13 June: Ko-oren v. Unified Falcon (National Stadium, Ko-oren City)
MD9, Thu 14 June: Ko-oren v. Friday Freshman (Sunshine Stadium, Sraltlur)
MD11, Sat 16 June: Ko-oren v. O-Damn (Rábth State Park, Víltsr)
MD13, Tue 19 June: Ko-oren v. Bears Armed (National Stadium, Ko-oren)
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 am

Jeruselem coach Princess Shay and player Lexi Belle

Shay: Hey, you seem popular.
Lexi: That's because they think I'm someone else.
Shay: Surely everyone knows by now.
Lexi: Well, not everyone.
Shay: I guess it's better than being anonymous
Lexi: Not in this case.
Shay: We know the difference.
Lexi: That's because you Dallas girls know a lot of porn stars.
Shay: Well, we know them because they went to same school.
Lexi: How come these smart intelligent girls work in such a dirty industry.
Shay: Money, women aren't highly paid compared to men still.
Lexi: But us football players are.
Shay: That's because football players aren't like normal workers.
Lexi: I guess so
Shay: I mean social workers, nurses aren't paid enough really.
Lexi: But women are now equal.
Shay: Not really, we're high status. If you're a no one, you're a no one.
Lexi: That's so sad
Shay: Hey, that's Jeruselem. Money talks.
Lexi: Surely things have improved for women.
Shay: Yes but it's still a man's world even if the royal family is mainly princesses.
Lexi: Why is that?
Shay: Religion, patriarchal religion. All three main religions.
Lexi: But things are better than the past.
Shay: Yes, in the past you would not even be playing football.
Lexi: I guess it's not to bad then.
Shay: Say, you related to other Lexi.
Lexi: Yes
Shay: No wonder you look similar.
Lexi: She's got loads of money.
Shay: I guess she works hard for it too.
Lexi: I tell ya, I couldn't do half what she can do.
Shay: Really?
Lexi: You're a Dallas remember.
Shay: Oh yes
Lexi: I wish I could do half what you girls can do.
Shay: I guess we're just lucky.
Lexi: Oh well.
Last edited by Jeruselem on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 am

Match Coverage: West Angola (88) at Licentiapacisterra (194)

Pre-Match: Mike, the stadium is rocking here tonight! West Angola is 2-0 for the first time in club history, owing to a rather weak starting schedule, and they'd love to pad their resume with a third win here tonight against Licentiapacisterra. This match has been surrounded in controversy as Tarquin Huffington-Smith, the Licentiapacisterran Minister of Culture and Sports, has called those of West Angola "sweaty, uncultured morons," but is here tonight by government decree. The nation of West Angola, seeking to showcase its culture to Mr. Huffington-Smith, has obtained permission to show the nation's most-watched television shows: "Hee Haw" and "Howdy Doody," as well as the comedy routines of Jeff Foxworthy. Let's go to the center circle for the start of what should be another exciting game!

27th Minute: West Angola draws first blood here tonight, scoring on a rather flukey shot by Isaac Warren. Warren fired on goal, but the ball bounced off the crossbar, rebounded off the ground, and struck the keeper, Alex Stewart, in the nose. He was unhurt, but was knocked to the ground as the ball rolled off his face and over the line. Warren and the rest of the West Angolan Team stood for a few seconds as they processed what had just happened, but then broke into celebration at the unexpected success.

42nd Minute: Licentiapacisterra has just tied the game up Mike! Jacob Kerys has just allowed his first goal of the Cup, and he does not look happy. Licentiapacisterra won a corner off a nice shot by Dylan Knight, and Ben Miller nailed the shot. He headed the ball into the goal after winning a spirited position battle with West Angolan Defender Michael Remonav. Kerys and Remonav looked like they were going to have a fight after that shot went in, and those two still look rather angry with each other.

78th Minute: Mike, West Angola just scored a huge goal! Luke Parrish blew by the defense, he looked like he was 22 again back in the Baptism of Fire. He maneuvered through Licentiapacisterra's defenders like they were barely there, penetrated the box, then blasted a goal into the far corner. With that goal, West Angola takes a 2-1 lead, and the fans smell another victory. The few West Angolan fans in the stadium let out a roar of incredible volume after the goal, they know they could win this game!

91st Minute: And with the end of stoppage time, West Angola goes to 3-0 for the first time ever! The players are leaving the field now, and I'm gonna try to get a word with Phillip Garren, the West Angolan Coach. Mr. Garren, may I have a few words with you?

Phillip Garren: No.

Well, he's camera-shy as always Mike, anyway, that's pretty much all I have for you tonight, let's go back to the studio for a breakdown of your local football scores. Mike?

Thanks Brian. In the West Angolan League today...

West Angolan Match Schedule:

1. at Elstorm (258) W 3-0
2. vs. Terio (Unranked) W 1-0
3. at Licentiapacisterra (194) W 2-1
4. vs. Stachland (37)
5. at Landarea (327)
6. vs. Camwood (85)
7. at Cassadaigua (13)
-Bye-
8. vs. Elstorm (258)
9. at Terio (Unranked)
10. vs. Licentiapacisterra (194)
11. at Stachland (37)
12. vs. Landarea (327)
13. at Camwood (85)
14. vs. Cassadaigua (13)

Won (3) Lost (0) Drew (0) Should Win (5) Should Lose (4) Might Win (1) Might Lose (1)

Projected Final Record (W-L-D): 8-4-2
Projected Final Group Position: 4th

Projected Final Group Order:

1. Cassadaigua
2. Stachland
3. Camwood
4. West Angola
5. Licentiapacisterra
6. Elstorm
7. Landarea
8. Terio
Last edited by West Angola on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Cambazooty
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cambazooty » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 am

"Get the f**king bugger working, dammit!" Aran Allan called out to his wife as he took a sip from his can of beer.

"Oh, shut up, you!" Anke Allan cried from behind the malfunctioning television. Anke, along with her husband, were in a sour mood tonight. They had the right to complain, though: Their telly had suddenly switched itself off at the exact moment when Cambazooty kicked off their match against Saint-Germaine, and Anke was trying her hardest to fix it as quickly as possible.

Aran groaned. "I told you we should've followed Frank to Astrus! We could have been watching the match in the Stadion itself! But nooo, 'We should stay in Dumpo, where there's less crime!'"

"Whatever our son wants to do in his adult life is none of our business," Anke replied, placing emphasis on her words whenever she wrenched a little bolt in place.

"Ach, come on, woman!" Aran cried. "We let my parents leech off of us while we grew up! There's no harm in doing the same thing to our boy!"

"Well, he's not here now, and there is nothing we can do to bring him back," Anke said. She sat up from behind the television. "Perhaps you can do better than sitting on your arsch all night and help me fix the stupid thing!"

Aran rolled his eyes, but he knew better than to reject his wife's requests. It took a him a full ten seconds to get off the couch, and the overweight man leaned forward to inspect the problem.

"Bloody Hell," Aran remarked. "I can't see anything faulty at all. All the chips aren't smoking and all the wires are plugged in perfectly..."

As Aran analysed the problem further, Anke noticed a dark, rectangular object stuck to her husband's posterior. She slowly peeled the remote away from him and turned on the TV.

Aran nearly tripped over himself as he hurried to the front of the telly; He was just in time to watch Keke Van Haren lob the ball into the net.

"GOOOAAALLL!" Aran, Anke and the TV commentator all cheered in unison as King Keke was wrapped in the arms of dozens of Cambazootites. The couple then did a jig with each other as they celebrated the wonderful goal.

"Mein Gott, this is going to be an entertaining game!" Anke said to her husband as the two settled into the couch once more.

The final whistle was blown after the Saint-Germaine kicked off.

"S**T!" Aran cried.

Final Score
Cambazooty def. Saint-Germaine
1 - 0
King Keke's stoppage-time winner sends Cambazooty back to mid-group mediocrity
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Phoenigetuzstha
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenigetuzstha » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:22 am

QEP News, The Most Watched News Channel in Phoenigetuzstha

Cotdelapoms 1 - 3 Phoenigetuzstha

They've done it! Phoenigetuzstha are once again performing like the over-achievers they are. After a disastrous defeat to Legalese, the manager, press and fans had told the players to buck up their ideas, and it seemed to work with this amazing victory away to Cotdelapoms, the 2nd seed in the group. Going into the match, Phoenigetuzstha had recorded recorded a win and a loss, despite being favourites to win both matches. Manager Nebuchad Bel-Hammonis hadn't been under such pressure before, even when Phoenigetuzstha finished bottom of their World Cup group just two editions ago.

We had a comment from Nebuchad after he decided not to show up for the press conference:

"We need to do well. We know we're not going to get much of a result here, but a good performance will get our morale back up so we can beat the other teams in the group, bar Cotdelapom and Qazox of course."

With this, the teams went out, the formation for Phoenigetuzstha being the following:

----------Maharbal Magos----------

----------Hannibal Gisgo----------'Adon Gastu----------Sakarbal Baalqemar----------Ariarethees Hapotur----------

----------Antar Hammoiya------------------------------Antiochus Memnos------------------------------Mehdi Hammoiya----------

----------Hamilqart Mithral (C)----------

----------Mithridates Tauras----------Tigran Eupator----------

Nebuchad had reverted to the traditional Phoenigetuzsthan set up, the one from the win against Ishaanabad. The game started, with Cotdelapoms looking the stronger side, the Phoenigetz defence put under a lot of pressure, Nickolas Malenfan going close a few times. With this continued pressure, Cotdelapoms seemed to forget about their defence, and when Sakarbal Baalqemar cleared the ball, it landed perfectly in Antiochus Memnos' reach. A simple run, a one two with Tigran Eupator and Antiochus had scored, 1 - 0 Phoenigetuzstha.

This goal seemed to dent the morale of the Cotdelapom team, and they eased the pressure, allowing Phoenigetuzstha to take control of the game. Hamilqart Mithral leading the team in an amazing state of play, which included 33 passes for the set up, but ultimately, Mithridates Tauras missed the crucial kick into the net. As Phoenigetuzstha applied their own pressure, Tauras was felled in the box. Penalty. Carpentier received his yellow card and Hamilqart Mithral scored the goal from the spot, 2 - 0 Phoenigetuzstha.

With this, the half time whistle was blown.

Cotdelapoms came out with all guns blazing, pushing up the field ruthlessly. Their speed, unable to be matched by Phoenigetuzstha allowed Cotdelapoms to make it 2-1, Jackson Diawara giving them a glimmer of hope. Due to the extreme effort put in for the first few minutes of the second half, Cotdelapoms began to tire, and their defence was constantly ripped open by the strike force of Tauras and Eupator. The final breakthrough by the Phoenigetz team paid off, and Tigran Eupator scored his first goal of the campaign.

Nebuchad Bel-Hammonis declined to comment, apparently having lost his voice in the excitement, so here's some statistics and figures to feast your eyes on:

The Group as it Stands

- Group 9                             Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Legalese 3 3 0 0 6 1 +5 9
2 Qazox 3 3 0 0 8 4 +4 9
3 Phoenigetuzstha 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6
4 Cotdelapoms 3 2 0 1 5 4 +1 6
5 Arcquest 3 1 0 2 6 7 −1 3
6 Ishaanabad 3 0 1 2 0 2 −2 1
7 Isointania 3 0 1 2 4 7 −3 1
8 Starblaydia 3 0 0 3 1 7 −6 0

15 - 8 - 28 - 72 - 90 - -18 - 53
WHF5: 1st (24 points)
WHF6: 15th (7 points)
WHF7: 7th (24 points)
WHF8: 5th (29 points)
WHF9: 13th (13 points)
WHF10: 4th (31 points)
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010

Postby Cyborg Holland » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:30 am

Five-Star Performance from Dragons

The Cyborg Dutch Dragons have kept up thier great start to qualifying by smashing minnows Fondia and Osteyon 5-2. The Teams and fans travelled the 600 mile plane flight to the Lukas Islands, where the match was to be played at the Municipal sports ground in Sevenbreen. 22,000 fans came to watch, as extra seating was added for the game. Fondia and Osteyon's shirts only had numbers, and no names, so we didn't actually find out who they were.

All the funds raised for the game would go towards development projects on the island, so people were encouraged to spend their money. The game kicked off with Cyborg Holland in their traditional blue and grey strip playing right to left.

Both sides showed early promise, and the first attempt actually arose from F&O, when #9 received a through ball, and was one-on-one with Groenwald, but his chip effort was skewed high and wide of the goal. However, two minutes later, on 13 minutes, Robert de Grapf released Phillip Denbrandt through on-goal, but he unselfishly rolled it to Helena Rutov who put it into the back of the open goal. 1-0 Cyborg Holland.

20 minutes gone and Cyborg Holland had another chance, when de Grapf swung in a corner and Pratag, standing at 6ft 6" rose to the ball, but could only direct his header onto the post. The re-bound was then put over the bar by Lukas.

The Second goal came on 27 minutes, when Cyborg Holland were awarded a free-kick from 20 yards away, and Cyborg Holland pulled of thier signature move, De lopende paard, where three players draw the defence to the left of the area, as if the ball is going to be to their, that leaves one or two players exposed by the far post, and one of those players was Phillip Denbrandt, who neatly volleyed the ball on the full into the net. 2-0

Three minutes later it was almost 3-0, when Helena Rutov's long ball somehow found Denbrandt, but as he chipped the keeper and the ball rolled into the net, the linesman had his flag up, and he was only half-a-yard offside. Much to the dislike of the fans watching.

F&O almost had one back on 32 minutes, when a mix-up in defence released #9 on Lukas and Groenwald. He took it past Lukas but the angle to get a proper shot in was too great, and his weak shot ballooned into the stands.

Just before the half time whistle Cyborg Holland got thier just rewards for a spell of sustained pressure, a neat three-pass move between Rutov, Denbrandt and Sonveringht ended up with Denbrandt heading his second of the game from three yards out.

3-0 to Cyborg Holland at the break and everyone was in a very party mood.

However, these spirits were dampened somewhat when a long shot from #8 ricocheted of Edward Mannerheim and wrong-footed Groenwald to trickle into the net and all but silence the crowd, except for two guys and their dog, by the name of Trigger, who had come to see F&0 play, they were silenced rapidly by the glares of 21,998 fans.

3-1 after 51 minutes and Cyborg Holland were looking to increase that lead. Several shots and half chances from long range came from the midfield, but nothing of any seriousness. The fourth goal, however, came in the 62nd minute when De Grapf's cross was turned in by Hasvarg-Lukas at the far post. More celebrations by the now thoroughly drunk fans.

Fondia and Osteyon pulled another one back on 75 minutes to make it 4-2, when a corner from #5 found its way to #7, who placed it in the bottom corner. The fans didn't really care anymore, the game was out of reach for F&O, so no-one was really watching.

Everyone was certainly watching however, when Cyborg Holland's fifth goal arrived 7 minutes from time. An incisive break-away attack from the Dragons lead to a 3-on-2 situation. Rutov had the ball on the edge of the area, but she deftly flicked it back to Dewald Pratag, charging the entire pitch, who hammered it with so much force that it was shown afterwards that the ball had actually split when it was hit. The ball sliced the air open and found its way to the top corner, way out of reach of the motionless F&O keeper.

The final whistle went with the scores at 5-2, and Cyborg Holland had kept thier perfect record, kept top of the table, three points clear of Valanora, who lost shockingly at home to United Gordonopia. Our next game is against El Gran Tropico, we should win, but you never know when Margaret's about

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports