NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 60: RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:18 pm

One hour after the game

Coach Temist standing in the privet viewing box of WG Soccer Board President Jen DeAnn, "So at lest we won two nothing start 1-0-0 so far in the qualifying round it may not be a huge win to you and the board, but to my team this wins means a lot, plus this is West Guiana Soccer's tenth overall win another milestone reached under my tenure."

Leaning back in her chair, DeAnn brushes the hair out of her eyes, "Sure it's a win congrats, but this is match day one out of fourteen. Don't get carried away from this one game, besides we want to see how you do against higher ranked teams. PBI is only ranked 225, we need to know how team WG does against a team like Carmadin, that will be the real test. Remember your goal is five wins, no less than that."

Tapping his finger on the table, "two goals and none against with only one game done, both scored by Craig Wilkson in the third and sixtieth minutes respectively. I feel good this time and I up your challenge, I bet we'll win at lest six games and come with in one spot to reach the pods knock off rounds. If we don't reach six wins i'll retire, hell i'm thinking about retiring anyhow after this qualification round i'm almost 59 years old, but i've enjoyed this a whole bunch."

DeAnn looking down at the field, the field workers cleaning up and manicuring it. "Well I'll give you that deal, but the goal is five games, if you win six or more WG Soccer will give you a $70,000 raise. But if you want to retire that is your decision, it wont be hard to find a new coach though we already have one lined up to take your place anytime." Sitting back down in her chair, "You said under your time as head coach for the West Guiana Soccer team you've reached two milestones, but also under you they've reached one milestone 40 losses and now only ten wins."

"You said that the real test is when we play a team by the likes of Carmadin, well we'll get that opportunity tomorrow, it'll be a very tough game I know that for sure as do you, but if we can just tie them I'll be very happy. The looks of this group 11 in full looks pretty easy, but that is no telling what injuries might happen."

DeAnn looks down at her notepad, "If you want to know my own opinion the toughest ones in this group are Dorian and Sonya and Carmadin. The rest easy or a tie both times is possible i'll going for a nine one four record, i'm swinging it but I really don't care. Give some hope to the loyal fans of West Guaina Soccer." Looking down at her phone, "Well the other Group Score were Quaoartarian Empire four, Nikopolis zero."

Eh, both teams I think are ranked near to last so no real surprise there I guess."

No real surprise for this one two top 75 teams tied, Nicole Scherzinger one and Dorian and Sonya one. Well maybe a tie could be possible against Carmadin as they barley escaped Star United States with a one nothing win and Star is ranked 309. So I guess there is some hope, not much to some non-soccer fans in the country, but your chances of doing well, look good. Good luck."
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Cult of Ashley Greene
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cult of Ashley Greene » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Cult of Ashley Greene erupted in euphoria tonight following their first ever World Cup qualifying win 2-0 against heavily favored Monastery on the Rock. The goals coming from two of the teams star players at the Baptism of Fire: Edemilson Sani and Marius Neumann. The Matriarch issued a statement congratulating her team on their remarkable success. While the nation is reveling in the unexpected victory manager Jakaya Shindika must make sure to keep the boys focused on the next match as the job is obviously far from over.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 pm

World Cup 60 Qualifers
Game one: Isointania

Only 63,094 showed up tonight in New Bruxen for Qazox' World Cup 60 qualifying opener, the lowest attended match in Qazox in over 70 years. Qazox won the match 4-2, but the true story of the day occured in the stands. For the first time, at least as far as this reporter has assertained, a future Eagles fan was born in the stadium.

Marie and Darryl Hanton of Dannick, a town just north of New Bruxen bought their tickets to this qualifying match when they went on sale 6 months ago, about a week before Marie found out she was pregnant with the couple's first child. The Hanton's met four years ago during a match against Planet Irk. They got married the day after Qazox was eliminated in World Cup 59 by a draw with Osarius on the final group stage match. So needless to say, despite tonight's match being a week before her due date, Marie Hanton was not going to miss tonight's game.

Qazox started tonight's game a bit slow, allowing an early goal in the 11th minute to Isointania; but Greg Shaw's first goal in the 19th minute tied it up at 1-all. Daniel Spaatz made it 2-1 in the 42nd minute on a penalty kick, but Isointania re-tied the match up at 2-all just minutes after the beginning of the second half.

After the 2nd goal of the match for Greg Shaw in the 64th minute that gave Qazox a 3-2 lead, the contractions began, but Marie barely noticed due to the crowd noice and the stomping of the stands by the Qazoxian faithful. A few minutes later, though, her water broke and both Marie and Darryl began to head towards the exit. Unfortunately the baby decided not to wait until they got to the nearest hospital, and Marie had to go to the first aid station located just under the south-side stands where 7lb 4oz Doreen Mikayla Hanton was born. The couple named their daughter after each of their favorite players, Doreen Dobbs and Mikayla Cuthbert.

About the same time young Doreen was coming into the world, one of her namesakes, added a goal to make the final score 4-2 Qazox in the 82nd minute. When told about the miracle the occured in the first-aid station, Doreen Dobbs had this to say:
I'm shocked that they'd name the baby after me. I'm honored by it, but a little shocked that anyone would do that. I hope she and her mom are doing fine.

Up next for Qazox they travel to Arcquest, who lost at Cotdelapoms yesterday 2-1. We didn't know how many people will be watching the match on television, but odds are all three Hanton's will be watching.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Unified Falcon
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Falcon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Palace of the Diamond Cliffs
Irswabi, Falcon, Falconfar, Unified Falcon
After MD 1

The Queen of Falconfar and the President of Falconear sat down besides a table, finishing their dessert from a dinner that had eaten while watching the game of Unified Falcon against Ko-oren.

Islandil and Rehaia had definitely enjoyed the game that the Peregrine Falcons had played, although it had been a loss.

The Queen of Falconfar had been impressed with the goalkeeper Jacques Didier. She knew that Didier was good in the Falconfar Premier League, but for him to only concede one goal in the international stage in his first World Cup match. It was also true that Ko-oren wasn't the highest ranked team in the world; but at times, he was left just one on one, and he had kept most all shots at bay, minus one, which had been a spectacular strike.

The President of Falconear, Rehaia, had confessed to her sister that she hadn't had the time to watch any of the Falconear matches, although the nation had an astounding total of one hundred and twenty teams, and was going to expand to one hundred and forty-four by the beginning of the Unified Falcon Football League. She had enjoyed the game immensely, and thought that football was an astounding sport and that she should watch it more often.

The two leaders of the now unified country decided to do this more often, for bonding was a good thing, especially for sisters... Especially when one thought the other was dead for so many years......
Last edited by Unified Falcon on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Yesopalitha
Union of Falconfar and Falconear

Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Legalese » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 pm

The Legalese City Docket

Wilted Orchid
Legal Eagles put the RAWRCRUSH on Starblaydia in 4-1 Rout

Legalese City – The mood in Legalese City was that one would expect in a match involving Starblaydia. On the pitch, a team of eleven moved as one, leaving the other side helpless to stop them – their dismay furthered by the roar of the crowd supporting the victors.

Aye, that scene has happened often for the typical Starblaydi. But tonight, the team doing the crushing was Legalese, in front of a capacity crowd at National Stadium.

The effort started quickly. Starblaydia took the opening kick, only to be shocked by a bizarrely aggressive move from the home side, with the front five – Kelvin Bassford, Del Bialek, Jimmy Jay, Gerard Torrens, and Monte Kelshimer – all making dead runs forward on the second touch, a move to bring the ball into the Starblaydi midfield. Jay, despite being set in the withdrawn forward position, made the first play on the ball, obtaining possession, and then knocked it to Torrens on the fly. Torrens pressed forward to the right end, making a cross inside to Bialek, who fired from 12 yards out. The Starblaydi keeper was able to get his hands on it, but was unable to hang on to the ball, allowing a still-running Kelshimer to one-touch the ball into the net, scoring his first international goal on his first international start in the first minute.

The press continued on the ensuing kickoff, however a shot from 18 yards out by Bassford barely cleared the crossbar, keeping the tally to 1-0 in the first five minutes.

The Legalese XI were still out for blood, however. An attempted counter-attack by the Starblaydi side in the 10th minute ended with a hard tackle by Phil Livingston. Despite protests from the purple-clad visitors, Polarian referee Johannes Rudkilde kept the whistle in his hand. Livingston, whose grandmother was reportedly tortured by agents working for Starblaydia’s KERES organization during the occupation, did not comment on the play, other than to note that not only did the Polarian think it was clean, but also that the player in question should be named Eris, based on the look she gave him.

Counter-attack stifled, the Legal Eagles returned on the attack. A deflection off of a shot by Jay set up a corner in the 15th minute. The corner was taken by newly-minted captain, Archie Sanroman, whose cross found Kelvin Bassford’s head for a 2-nil lead, which Legalese carried into the half.

Chaos nearly ensued in the second half. While Legalese opened with possession, a sloppy dribble by Torrens allowed a counter-attack from Starblaydia, a two-on-one ensuing. The initial shot, set to go to the right, was partially deflected by Livingston, only to take an odd spin, bounce to the left, and roll in before Stan Thate could rise from the initial dive to recover.

Despite the closing of the gap, Legalese did not wilt. On the opening kick, Bassford tapped the ball to Bialek, who came forward to about thirty yards out, before playing the ball back to Sam Washington. Washington played the ball on a one-touch, sailing it over the napping keeper, and dropping it into the net from forty yards out – a tally that would preserve the lead for Legalese at 3-1.

Asked if that move was planned, manager Gabe Cushing replied, “We’ve certainly considered it. Sam [Washington] has a strong leg, and kicked for his gridiron side in high school, so we knew it was an option.”

The last word on the match came in stoppage time, when Kelvin Bassford was on the receiving end of a Liam Todd clearance, outrunning the last defender, and beating the keeper to the right upper 90 of the goal, a shot that would not only seal a 4-1 win for Legalese, but also put them at the top of the qualifying table going into their trip to Phoenigetuzstha, whose 1-0 home win over Ishaanabad places them level on points with Legalese, Qazox, and Cotdelapoms.

When asked about the kit color for the trip to Phoenigetuzstha, Cushing replied, “of course we’re wearing red again. We’ve another purple team to crush.”
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

New Pebble Island
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pebble Island » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 pm

88th Minute, Transilveinia vs. New Pebble Island, Score: 4-1, Viewpoint of Reed Benson, Keeper
Two minutes left Reed, this isn't hard, simple stuff, everyday stuff, don't blow it, don't worry about the soldiers in the crowd holding assualt rifles, don't think about the that time in England when you blew that lead, don't think about Chelsea, don't think, just do. Ball in Luisito's control, good sign, check board, minute left, move with the ball, oww! Stupid third-world dirt field. Ooh, bad pass Luisito, ball in Transilveinia control, lob, right side of me, two forwards, one going for ball, one going for the left side, first one got the ball, centering, move with the ball, one step ahead, head it out,*puh* ball to Jamey, okay, breathe, think, breathe, check board, three minutes extra time, come on, ball to Edward, take it left, look over at coach, he is walking towards the exit, pass to Luisito, kick high into the air, when is that whistle! Juanito is running off the pitch *whistle* okay, run to the exit, we gotta go... Coach has three choppers waiting for us. Run. Gunfire. Screams. RUN! Look over shoulder, soldiers foring at Juanito, "RUN!" Four men in suits with guns walk out of our locker room, friendly? YES! They are shooting on the soldiers, okay, through the entrance, run through the hallway, the choppers! A man yelling at me "GRAB MY HAND!" Reach and Pull! Turn and help Durbani up, Luisito running towards us, last man, me and Durbani grab him, pull, the pilot is taking off, more soldiers running out of the tunnel at us, shooting! Luisito is up! "GO! GO! GO!" James yells at the pilot, the pilot pushing the console forward, Luisito is on the ground,
Uh oh. Not good. He is bleeding, left shoulder, blood getting everywhere. "Uuuuhh..." Luisito is groaning. James Durbani rips off to blanket out of the supply kit and warps it around Luisito. "PRESSURE!" Durbani yelled, telling me to keep pressure on the wound. The Co-pilot looks back at Luisito and yells into his walkie talkie,"We need a medic over here!" A voice comes back through the walkie talkie. "Who is it?" It was the President's voice, "LUISITO!" Durbani shouts back at the device. "He has to hold out for three minutes until we reach an uninhabbited island!" The President yells back in. The Co-Pilot shouts "COBRA, LEFT SIDE!" A military looking helicopter coming in fast, the pilot shouts at me, "GET ON THE TURRENT!" I notice the machine gun looking thing to my left. I see the trigger, point it at the helicopter, pull the trigger and hold on! This vibration is horrible! Nevermind, keep hitting that plane, it is swinging back at up, firing at us! Fire back! Aim for the windshield. Brake that bulletproof glass. More marchine gun fire, friendly, left side, is that Juanito? No matter. It's smoking! It's coming at us, hold on! *cruuuik* "HOLD ON!" the pilot yells. "Well ohhhh Shit!" Durbani yells at the top of his lungs, grabbing Luisito's good shoulder and holding on to a skewed piece of metal, the chopper is spinning, HOLD ON TO THAT GUN! *The copters wings come back on.* "Looks like we lost 'em!" The Co-pilot says. We have got to get out of this country...
Last edited by New Pebble Island on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=163323
Factbook. Read before speaking to me. RP Sample there aswell.

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 pm

There was almost no trouble for the Regulars when they came out at home to deal with Friday Freshman. The oddly-named nation didn't score a goal until the 81st minute, ending the Regulars' (and keeper Leopyld Hulms') hopes for a shut-out. However, the goal came far too late to change the outcome; the Regulars had led since the 16th minute, when Derrik Leifsson smashed home a well-timed pass by Mike Tesla, who redirected the ball towards Leifsson after Izaak Brom's shot had been deflected high by Friday Freshman's keeper.

The team rotated heavily throughout the game; by the 58th minute, when the Regulars' second goal was scored, Hendrik Kristholm had taken over for Tesla. Kristholm's shot bounced wide, but ricocheted off of the keeper's hands, again sending the ball into the air. This time, forward John Horst was there to pick up the slack, heading the ball into the net to give the Regulars a two-goal lead in their first game of qualifiers.

The team, led by new manager Wilhelm Schroeder, wasn't without its growing pains; six different Regulars found themselves shown yellow-cards, although mercifully none were ejected. However, they played physically against the Friday Freshmen, and it showed; their opponents played raggedly and almost completely without energy for much of the game.

Thus, some might not have had their hopes terribly high from an expected win over a mediocre foe. However, the value of a single win could not be overstated; given the presence of Bears Armed (who have qualified over Allamunnic squads before) and the erstwhile rivals from Civil Citizenry, simply scraping into second place for a play-in match is not even a strong likelihood, and it'll be an uphill battle for an Allamunnic team which has never qualified to even stay in the race for qualification this time around.

But maybe, just maybe, this time might have been up to the task.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm

"Hey a winning start"

"Nice"

"Yeah, West in great form"

"Good to see that the debacle with The Babbage Islands isn't actually going to effect qualifying"

"Yeah that is nice"

"By the way did you know we're ranked 42 now"

"You know that means we could qualify"

"Yeah there are expectations and everything"

"Well that can't be good"

"Nope"

"Well then what shall we do"

"How about qualify?"

"Sure"

"Done and done"

"Today was a good first step"

"Yeah then maybe the MFA could get its act together"

"Let's not ask for miracles"

"Let's just win"

"Especially over expected opposition"

"Exactly"

"Let's do this!"

"Come on You Warriors!"

"Let's Go Milchama!"

"Heeyah!"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Cowardly Pacifists
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowardly Pacifists » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 pm

The Poultry Prober
Bringing you MORE than you ever wanted to know about Chickens Football

Tuesday, June 4th - From the Cowardly Pacifist Capital City of Phrytton

NEUTALLE'S GOAL GETS CHICKENS PAST ALEXANDERBURN, SQUAD TRAVELS TO AYRSHIRE FOR MD2

Cowardly Pacifists 1 - 0 Alexanderburn

Both teams showed a little rust in their World Cup 60 debute as the Chickens narrowly edged out Alexanderburn 1-0. The staunch defense of the Chickens clearly confounded the Alexanderburn offense through most of the game, while the sturdy and flexible crowded midfield played by Alexanderburn did as much to prevent the Chickens from mounting any sort of consistent offense. Ultimately, it was WM Samuel Sprinter who would prove decisive in the bout. Midway through the first half, a well timed pass-off by Sprinter set up Nathan Nuetralle to score the only goal of the night, proving early in the World Cup that Coach Encover made the right decision in promoting him to starter.

Sprinter had this to say after the match: "Alexanderburn proved to be much tougher than we expected. I must admit that some of the guys thought they would just roll over, being un-ranked and all. But Alexanderburn is clearly a hungry squad that is out to prove something in this World Cup cycle. While we managed to beat them this time, I expect they'll be quite eager to even the score when we visit them later in the qualifiers. We'll obviously have to stay vigilant if we want to keep our advantage."

The Chickens will travel to the United commonwealth of Ayrshire for tomorrow's MD2 contest. Ayrshire has recently opened its arms to an influx of refugees, so the Chickens have decided to travel early - expecting long lines at the Customs department.

Upcoming Schedule

All home matches played at the Chickendome in the Cowardly Pacifist Capital City of Phrytton

Matchday 01, 05 June vs NRAlexanderburn WIN (1-0)
Matchday 02, 06 June at NRUnited commonwealth of Ayrshire
Matchday 03, 07 June vs 73Octinstine
Matchday 04, 08 June at 294San Nitrento
Matchday 05, 09 June vs 241South Icemark
Matchday 06, 10 June vs 50Jedi8246
Matchday 07, 11 June at 11Akbarabad
***12 June --- TOURNAMENT BYE DAY*** (Friendly at The Icemark)
Matchday 08, 13 June at NRAlexanderburn
Matchday 09, 14 June vs NRUnited commonwealth of Ayrshire
Matchday 10, 15 June at 73Octinstine
Matchday 11, 16 June vs 294San Nitrento
***17 June --- TOURNAMENT BYE DAY***
Matchday 12, 18 June at 241South Icemark
Matchday 13, 19 June at 50Jedi8246
Matchday 14, 20 June vs 11Akbarabad

Thoughts on the Chickens' next Opponents: The United commonwealth of Ayrshire is an unranked team that (as yet) has not submitted an official roster for World Cup 60. The Chickens are favorites to win the bout, as local oddsmakers are giving 30 to 1 against a CP victory. While it may be tempting to look past Ayrshire toward MD3 against Octinstine, hopefully the Chickens have more sense than that and will keep themselves focused on tomorrow's match.

Keeping up with Group Five

Chinks in Octinstine's Armor? In a surprise result, the 241st ranked South Icemark squad managed to draw Octinstine 3 - 3 in MD1.While some are chalking the result up to the frigid South Icemark weather, others are suggesting that the 73rd ranked Octinstine may not be as good as their billing suggests. Still others have suggested that South Icemark is really just that good - and that they are vastly underrated by the World Cup Ranking Committee. In any case, the early draw provides an opening for the Chickens to sneak into third place in Group 5. The question is, can they take advantage?

San Nit slips past Ayr. The United commonwealth of Ayrshire seems to be living up to expectations, falling to 294th ranked San Nitrento 1 - 0. All indications suggest that the team will have similar struggles throughout group play - which is good news for the Chickens, who will travel to Ayrshire for MD2. The win puts San Nitrento in an advantageous early position - above Group 5 heavyweights Jedi, Octinstine, and 241st ranked South Icemark. Whether they can maintain that early advantage is another story.

Surprise Surprise. In perhaps the most watched Group 5 contest of MD1, Akbarabad absolutely demolished Jedi 6 - 3. While everyone knew Akbarabad was the team to beat in Group 5, no one expected them to so thouroughly defeat their closest group rivals. Clearly, Akbarabad was sending a message to the other Group 5 teams: "If you want to qualify for the World Cup, you gotta get by us."

Other World Cup Happenings

World Cup Darling: Every cycle we keep tabs on the "best" team in the Qualifiers overall. It's a bit too early to really declare a World Cup 60 Darling after only one match, so the honor stays with the top-ranked team in the contest, Group 7's Krytenia, who beat Kinitaria 3 - 2 in Match Day 1.

MD1 Offensive Juggernaut: The highest scoring team of MD1 was Group 22's Puhalux Ezocafi Nzojug who lit up the scoreboard 7 times in their win over Traila.

MD1 Defensive Honors: Three teams tied for Defensive Honors in MD1 - Group 19's Stachland, Group 14's Civil Citizenry, and Group 11's Quaoartarian Empire. Each shut out their opponent while also putting up 4 goals of their own on offense.

The Fate of the Baptism of Fire '47 Champion: We like to keep track of how the most recent BoF Champion is doing in the World Cup Qualifiers. Unfortunately for poor Kinitaria, they drew the top ranked team in the tournament and LOST in MD1. Their current record stands at (0-0-1).
Last edited by Cowardly Pacifists on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
The We Already Surrender of Cowardly Pacifists

Warning: Sometimes uses puppets.
Another Warning: Posts from this nation are always OOC.

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 pm

World Cup 60,The Mapletish Journey

On Route to Mapletish's first World Cup Qualification.

Mapletish trapped to a slow start in the World Cup 60 1st Qualifying Match

Virabia 0–0 Mapletish

Your Football Kaki,John Smiths - Nobody expects Mapletish to fall to such a slow start in the match away to Virabia,It spelled out trouble as Mapletish were not able to get three points to catch up on the group race,as group rivals,Gyasto-Kai and The Archregimancy went all out to get three points in two close matches away to their opponents,and if one could have looked closer into the cut,the group favourites all started their qualification campaign in an away match.Expecting a victory for the Mapletish side,Muain Newtons opt for an attacking side that will tear up the opponent's defence like how they did against teams like Northern Bettia or Saugeais.The match started off with lively performances from the home side but it wasn't enough to break up the defences of Mapletish.For a team that has qualified for the World Cup before, Virabia must have been very desperate to break off the defences of Mapletish and win the match with a full three points start and challenge for the top spot against the likes of Gyasto-Kai and The Archregimancy.However their quality might have dropped a well-bit when faced against Mapletish.

The game saw its first chance in the 17th minute when Morison linked up a good play by Steven Johnson,Glen Johnson and John Davis,the ball was then at the feet of Alero Junio but his shot fell wide,to the dismay of himself and the away fans,a chance has been perished before it has blossom.The lost chance might have dampen the spirits of Junio as every time he hit the penalty box going for a shot,the ball went wide.Muain Newtons must have been desperate to get at least a goal as he changed the formation after the half-time to a more attacking play of a 2-6-2,cloaking the midfield with 6 midfielders and 2 forwards in the hope of getting the goal,and when the opponent come in on an attack the formation overlap and become a 4-5-1 instantly,and sandwiching the person with the ball to prevent any chances from reaching the Mapletish goal.This prove to be useful for the team as Virabia only managed 3 shots in the second half,with none of the shots going on target.On the other hand,Mapletish had 7 shots in the second half with 6 going on target and 5 of the shots were made by Junio,with a chip attempt by Maro only to see his effort hitting the bar and going into the keeper's arms.

The highlight of the match was the up-roaring number of fouls committed by both sides,Virabia managed 17 fouls in the match alone with Mapletish accounting for 9 fouls in the match,many of it were trip-overs by the opponent,that led to the number of fouls committed.

The Group 3,Tree ...

Group 3
Bitternea 2–3 Gyatso-kai
Virabia 0–0 Mapletish
Daedric Stellar Empire 0–2 The Han Empire
Achtervolging 3–5 The Archregimancy

Gyatso-Kai beat their opponent Bitternea in a close match,with a goal to spare,The Han Empire finishes Daedric Stellar Empire 2-0 with 2 goals to spare,informally known as the battle of the two empires rivalry match in Group 3.The Archregimancy against Achtervolging ease to a 3-5 victory by The Archregimancy,This is the A-Rivalry match between both nations.Mapletish will be up against Daedric Stellar Empire in the next match after their defeat against The Han Empire,a lot is led to be seen at how Muain Newtons can come up with some kind of crazy formations that can spearhead the defences of the Daedric Stellar Empire.

The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Cyborg Holland get off to winning ways

WC60- Today, at the New Amzterdam Arena, Cyborg Holland played thier first game of the World Cup 60 qualifying campaign, facing off against 107th ranked Hakkland. It began as a tense, dull affair, with neither side trying anything to flashy in the opening exchanges.

The first noteworthy attempt from the Dragons came on 17 minutes, when a high ball from Gregory Lukas was received by Phillip Denbrandt as he. Over into the box, but his right footed shot went wide of the far post.

The Dragons almost had a penalty in the 34th minute, when Mary Hasvarg-Lukas was brought down whilst receiving the ball off a throw-in. The fans, and the players, we're adamant that it was a foul, but the referee didn't give it. However, replays show that the tackler got the ball first, and Hasvarg-Lukas,had tripped over that.

Half time arrived with neither side in front, but with the Dragons looking very much more the team who was going to score. The first sub of the game came at the half, wih Helena Rutov, who had a suspected ankle injury, was replaced by Jurgen Donnerine.

The sell-out crowd began to expect of the Cyborg Dutch players, as a Mexican wave evolved round the lowers tiers of the ground. Again, the deadlock was nearly broken on 52 minutes when a Sonveringht pass released Denbrandt, but he was closed down well by the sweeper and goalkeeper and his chipped shot went just over.

Finally, the goal came on 60 minutes, exactly on the hour. A free-kick half way inside Hakkland's half came floating into the box from Gregory Lukas, and it was flicked on by Denbrandt to the un-marked Joanna Levi at the far post who tapped it in from 2 yards. The crowd went into raptures, and celebrating lasted a full two minutes.

Denbrandt almost made it 2-0 5 minutes later when his volley just swung wide of the far post, leaving the Hakkland keeper rooted to the spot. Many other half and full chances came, but nothing truly eventful occurred in the remaining third of the game, except for sub Nick Landath missing a virtual open goal after Denbrandt had teed the ball across the area.

The game ended 1-0, but the fans were happy and celebrations went on in bars and pubs long into the evening. Cyborg Hollands next challenge is considerably trickier, as they have to travel to 33rd ranked Taeshan to play...

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am

Sea Dragons Off To Pitiful Start
If It Even Qualifies AS A Start

And now begins a new era in Sea Dragon Football as the reigns have been handed over to new manager Kymykera Wu’eres and the center of the defense now is manned by 17 year old Karinzui Sa’astre. And perhaps the biggest reason for the recent success the Sea Dragons had been enjoying, Jonasei Ariq-alara is now gone as well with those massive shoes being filled by 19 year old Jaqinze Irin’arbor. Some critcs have stated that the new additions being all female can bring nothing but bad results. Supporters of the new players are quick to point out that females have always performed well for the Sea Dragons.

And then the draw was announced to find the Sea Dragons and their shiny, new 8th spot in the world rankings sitiing pretty atop a group of nations who it seemed would be playing for a playoff spot from the very beginning. Only 19th Century Beards and Kulverint would pose any sort of threat - and that would only be as we traveled to their homes to play. With the first match of the qualifiers being at home in Errion Vega, even the Bearded Ones would go down in defeat.

At least that sounded good on paper and in the media.

The Sea Dragons came out flat. And by flat we mean that they stunk up the pitch. Jaqinze and Fekelii showed absolutely no rhythm or sync as they, more often than not, looked lost and alone. Kylek, Berequii and Akaok looed the part of a comedic trio as they stumbled over each other at times. And the defense looked lost withot Laia to guide its direction.

Only Sanlioch seemed in top form and ready to play as he stopped 11 shots on goal before allowing the mach winner for the Beards in the 85th minute. But as that goal first bounced from Ombar’s late arriving left foot to the far post before settling in the back of the net, Sanlioch can bear little of the blame.

That blame rests solely on the shoulders of Kymykera Wu’eres. With Mace the squad finished an impressive 3rd place in World Cup 59. Without him they just lost by a goal to 19th Century Beards. Somehow she has to get this squad into top form and ready to play as they travel to face the only other true contender in the group - Kulverint.

Another early loss and critics would be calling for her head to be delivered on a silver platter.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 am

OOC: No offense to Cambazooty, I just like to imagine you as gypsies! And Osarius doesn't care anyway, they know that our sportsmen aren't fond of them!

Man on a mission: WC60 Qualifying with Steven Mcswain.

Don't lie. You read that headline and thought 'who the heck is this guy and why should I read this blog?'. I know that, and you know that, so unless you support Mayfield FC, which is a dumb thing anyway, so in fact, you don't support Mayfield FC, you torture yourself with Mayfield FC. Being in Section One is no fun, and really I'd rather not be on the team when its just Rodney and I here from Mayfield, and Derek Faulkner from Gaetsa who have to play in the lower leagues. Great freaking jokes guys, 'Haw haw haw, RELEGATED!', 'Hey Steve, want to go DOWN THE LADDER to the cellar and grab us some drinks?', 'So Steve, what's your favourite thing about playing in the Top League?', or even when that rookie dumbass Fred Garcia says after a bad practice, 'Cheer up guys, at least you don't play for Mayfield!'. So yeah, I'm over it, and qualifying has just begun. You know, it wouldn't be so bad if the only player from an even worse club than us actually got some game time! Derek sort of just sits there preparing water like a jackass, and doesn't even get invited to practice with us. Just a free ride for him, a nice vacation to Liventia and places like that while just preparing for a non-qualifying campaign anyway.

No seriously, screw this. We couldn't even score yesterday. At home, we lost to a team called Cambazooty? Who the hell even knows where that is? Is it even a country? I think they're just trolling and its the Osarian 2nd XI just in costumes to mock us. Damn Saris. Who do they think they are? So yeah, I'm pretty sure Cambazooty is a nation of Osarian gypsies whose sole purpose is to mock us. Did I mention that I don't like Osarians? Or gypsies? So no goals there. The only silver lining I can see is that we conceded none either, so we still picked up a point. Its a point for now, but by the time Jeru and Liventia get around to spanking us, even Meshkete will be better performing than us! What the hell? 5-0 win for them and we get a measly 0-0 draw against a bunch of gypsies? Not fair.

So yeah, this is Steven Mcswain, don't pretend to know me, and don't pretend to like my club, because we suck. See you in Section One! I'm a man on a mission, to buy a bloody rope!
Last edited by Michael VII on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Dorian and Sonya
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorian and Sonya » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 am

Draw Defines Match With New COntenders

A grueling match away from home was more than expected
Being held 1-1 by Nicole Scherzinger was not
Certainly the Mystical Unicorns would rule the day
Doubtless was the fact that the girls in Pink would win
Evidently, though, we all forgot the match must be played
For the other side wore Pink as well and they were ready
Giving nothing away, they played with true heart
Having the crowd on their side in a sea of pink and yellow
In comparison our girls looked timid and unsure
Just not quite having the pace they were accustomed to
Krajisnik opened the scoring 17 minutes in
Leaving Lassvanil beaten on play from a wondrous set
My oh my! How the tides quickly turn, and style is lost
Nothing can prepare you for the grind that is pulling even
On the road it becomes that much harder as the crowd boos
Perhaps it is true heart that rises up at these times. Defiant
Questions burn as to the presence of desire and devotion.
Raking coals over old wounds where both once lacked
Something inside says “we will not lose. We can not fail”
Tortuous words with our backs to the wall. A tough truth
Understanding one’s flaws is the key to success
Vantage point earned, J’hys would even the match at 1 all
With just 15 minutes left to play, could a win be found?
Xanthic home fans watched the Unicorns surge forward
Yet NSZ defense would not yield. Phelps a demon to beat
Zigzag as they might, no hole could be found. A draw 1-1
World Cup 53 Champions

AO - Not Just A Place - It's THE PLACE

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:10 am

OOC: that Hutt River's team are Red Dwarf polymorphs - and not his actual squad - was confirmed by Hutt River via TG, and isn't something I've come up with. My response to the polymorphs is taken from (in two cases directly replicates lightly-edited dialogue from) the Philip Dick story 'The Mold of Yancy' - so we have an RP merger of science fiction plots here.

Against almost any other team, Juan Tzimisces mused to himself, the Hutt River polymorphs might well have won.

He remained unsure of whether those polymorphs were an intentional strategy on the part of the Smegs, or whether the emotional vampire polymorphs were merely impersonating the Hutt River squad in order to steal the negative emotions of their opponents - but in order to steal emotions, you have to be sure that the opposing team are themselves real. You have to make sure that the opposing team can't immediately detect that the polymorphs aren't who they claim to be.

And you have to make sure the opposing team can't construct its own emotional constructs.

After all, you have to be prepared. It was sort of like a story Yancy had told the rest of the team in training the other day....

"The darndest thing happened to my grandson Ralf, the other morning." Yancy had told them. "You know how Ralf is; he's always getting to school half an hour early ... says he likes to be in his seat before anybody else. Well, Ralf saw this squirrel; it was just sitting there on the sidewalk. He stopped for a minute and watched. This squirrel was collecting nuts. And by golly, this was just the other day, only the middle of June. And here was this little squirrel collecting these nuts and carrying them off for winter..."

The amused, anecdote-look on Yancy's face had faded, and a serious, thoughtful look had replaced it. "I got to thinking... There was that little squirrel. How did he know winter was coming? There he was, working away, getting prepared for it. Preparing for a winter he'd never seen. That squirrel," Yancy said solemnly, "had faith. No, he never saw any sign of winter. But he knew winter was coming...."

So yes, it always paid to be prepared, and you can't just sneak polymorphs pretending to be be someone else into the Dreamed Realm anyway; the portal monitors immediately detect that type of basic, unoriginal subterfuge. And how do you steal the negative emotions of a reality where everyone is promised the three Freedoms from Necessity?

Still, it always pays to be prepared.

But it also sometimes pays to prepare a counterattack.

It was clear that the polymorphs would focus on Yancy. Enormously popular and immensely skilled, Yancy was the best-known member of the squad outside of the Realm. If the polymorphs - still oblivious to the fact that their identity was fully known - were to attempt to unsettle the Imperial squad, it would be by trying to steal the emotions of Yancy.

Tzimisces had had a quick chat with the necessary people before the match, and had not been surprised when Yancy had nodded his head solemnly in the dressing room, and then - in his gentle yet forceful manner - given a short speech to the team.

My friends," Yancy intonted, "there are forces that could weaken this squad. Everything we've built up for our fans, could be taken away from us overnight. We must learn to be vigilant. If we become divided, and fall to bickering among each other, we will be easy prey for the polymorphs. We must work together, my friends. That's what I've been thinking about this morning. Cooperation. Teamwork. We've got to be secure, and to be secure, we must be one united squad. That's the key, my friends, the key to victory."

And the team were united and secure. Other than a careless own-goal from Palmer Eldritch, which had - according to the Galactic Pot Healer - been unavoidable anyway because it was written in the Book of the Kalends, the Holy Empire had run roughshod over the polymorphs.

Because the team had been united. And because, whenever the polymorphs tried to focus on Yancy, they found out a new type of thinking had been introduced in his mind. There would be no emotions to steal from Yancy; a gestalt had been prepared for that. Yancy no longer had negative emotions the way ordinary humans did. The polymorphs looked into his mind, expecting to find ordinary human hopes and fears; someone they could manipulate and confuse.

Instead every mental probe they tried showed them scenes from the art of that fifteenth century Dutch master of macabre and diabolical horror, Hieronymus Bosch.
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Meshkete
Secretary

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Meshkete » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:45 am

Attention all Meshkets!
-Ten things you should know about the Meshkete campaign in WC 60...

1. Yesterday we won 5-1.
-Don't get hyped up about it, sure we scored more goals than ever before, but it was against Grunuik, a team even less known than us.

2. Its the only game we're gonna win.
-Yep, for now we're faring better than the big boys at Michael VII, but trust me, sugar we're NOT going down swinging.

3. Playing Jeruselem will be embarrassing.
-We're already gonna lose all our matches bar this one, but actually playing a good nation like Jeruselem, that ain't gonna fly well for us.

4. We're not gonna qualify.
-Let's just face it, Michael VII will win the World Cup before we even get close to qualifying, and we all know M7 won't ever actually win anything!

5. Upsets will not happen for us, instead against us.
-We aren't gonna pull a M7 and beat Sarrbia first time round and look decent. We're gonna get thrashed and we're gonna enjoy it! Yay for Domination!

6. We will lose to Baptism of Fire teams.
-Its just gonna happen, anyone will blood relating to the Michaels of M7 is gonna be renowned for their choking. Who knows CPR?

7. We will concede more than 6 goals in one of our matches.
-Whether it's Jeruselem or Ipeland, it'll happen at some point, maybe by both countries? Both times? A little payback by Ipeland for losing out on the T20 World Cup last year perhaps?

8. Last place is a given.
-Sorry fans, but being in Red and Black is only good if it's a FC Jagoza United shirt, otherwise its just sad and painful. Keep an eye on the suicide rates around Meshkete, we might see a huge spike!

9. We'll continue to be unknown in the NSverse.
-Even when tiny, inconspicuous nations like Miley World can get a reasonable percentage of 5th graders finding it on a map, outside of Michael VII, or even in it, no one will care about Meshkete. In fact, we could be conquered 5 times in a week and no one would care.

10. We'll actually tell you where we're playing our matches in qualifying...
-If you can be bothered turning up, its at the Musketeer dome, where the Gridiron teams play. Seats about 30,000 and holds enough tissues in the stands to soothe your eyes through all the tears. Not that we'll get more than the teams' parents to come along anyway!

Next up is Jeruselem....Great, a spanking at home! Enjoy getting humiliated!
Puppet Nation of Michael VII...Long live Chief Oligarch Linehan!
Nordic Lands forever.
New Zealand is the best country in the world. So yeah, I've got retarded time zones to deal with UTC+12.

Phoenigetuzstha
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenigetuzstha » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 am

QEP News, The Most Watched News Channel in Phoenigetuzstha

Phoenigetuzstha 1 - 0 Ishaanabad

Phoenigetuzstha have recorded their first win of the tournament! A slim 1 - 0 home victory against Ishaanabad. We attended the press conference before the game, and here's what Nebuchad Bel-Hammonis had to say:

"Everyone is calling for a demolition of Ishaanabad, but that is wrong to think we can do that. They are a new and untested team, and it would be wise for us to not be so confident, and rather than see them as someone ranked lower than us, see them as our equals, I think that'll drive the players to victory"

Also at the press conference was captain Hamilqart Mithral who took a more open and attacking approach:

"I think it is our duty as players to entertain, and winning against an opponent weaker than us by a lot of goals is entertaining. We want to put on a show, and that's something that we must remember too."

Nebuchad also announced his formation, the famous 4-3-1-2 for which the successful campaign four years ago rested on. His words:

"Why change a successful formation? It's worked for us in the past, so there's no reason for it to not work today."

He was also asked about the other games in the group, and how he thought the other teams would do.

"While I don't think its my place to comment, I think Qazox and Cotdelapoms should win comfortably. Legalese may have a harder time of it, but ultimately, they are stronger than Starblaydia and so should edge the win."

----------Maharbal Magos----------

----------Hannibal Gisgo----------'Adon Gastu----------Sakarbal Baalqemar----------Ariarethees Hapotur----------

----------Antar Hammoiya------------------------------Antiochus Memnos------------------------------Mehdi Hammoiya----------

----------Hamilqart Mithral (C)----------

----------Mithridates Tauras----------Tigran Eupator----------

The game started slowly, Phoenigetuzstha controlling most of the ball. Going for the more direct passing rather than floating balls in, Ishaanabad seemed to close the attack down many times, usually scrambling to clear the ball quickly rather than build up an attack of their own.

Phoenigetuzstha continued to apply the pressure, going especially close on the 22' minute with an effort from Antiochus Memnos who is playing in his first World Cup. Ishaanabad also had a chance of their own, going close on the 43' minute, but ultimately, the teams went in with a 0-0 scoreline.

Bel-Hammonis must have been angry with his team, but they came out with a renewed vigour and valour and began making chances like they had at the start of the match. Eventually they found a breakthrough when Mithridates Tauras slotted home a through ball from Hamilqart Mithral. Phoenigetuzstha created more chances, and even had a penalty appeal which was rejected, and thus the game ended 1 - 0.

Nebuchad Bel-Hammonis had this to say after the game:

"Like I said, we shouldn't underestimate these teams. They held on well throughout the enormous pressure we put them under, and while not offensively magnificent, they know how to defend."

Here at QEP we are now counting Phoenigetuzstha's international record, as a hobby because we often have free time, so here is the international record, up-to-date since the game against Ishaanabad.

14 - 8 - 27 - 69 - 88 - -19 - 50
WHF5: 1st (24 points)
WHF6: 15th (7 points)
WHF7: 7th (24 points)
WHF8: 5th (29 points)
WHF9: 13th (13 points)
WHF10: 4th (31 points)
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)

Cambazooty
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cambazooty » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:53 am

OOC: None taken, Michael VII.

6-6-2012
Gazeti Astrus
BREAKING NEWS

Cambazootites Enraged By Racist Comment
Mcswain's allegation causes citizens to go ballistic

ASTRUS, CAMBAZOOTY - Citizens all over Cambazooty were furiously furious after Steven Mcswain posted a comment on his 'Man On A Mission' blog.

In his latest post, Mcswain claimed that the people of Cambazooty were 'a nation of Osarian gypsies whose sole purpose is to mock us'. The Michael VII resident also complained about his beloved club's relegation, Meshkete and Section One among other things.

One Cambazootite managed to catch Mcswain's blog and shared his post with his more patriotic acquaintances. Said patriots were not happy with the contents of his rant and created a protest along with 20,000 other angry citizens.

"THAT MCSWAIN IS A F**KING DEAD MAN!" Yashka Balashova cried in front of her trailer. "NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US CAMBAZOOTITES WILL EVER HAVE THOSE FILTHY GYPSIES SIT AMONG ANY OF US, ESPECIALLY ANYWHERE ON CAMBAZOOTY SOIL!"

"I agree!" Karp Matveyev remarked as he stroked his rather sizeable mole. "Cambazooty has always been gypsy-free, and it's going to stay that way! I bet that Mcswain fellow is really a gypsy himself!"

When asked if they may have overreacted over Mcswain's comment, the angry crowd became silent and pondered upon the thought for a few minutes before resuming their burning of tires and brassieres. As of the time of writing, the protesters are still protesting, and they don't seem to be stopping any time soon. - Angelika Wagner
Last edited by Cambazooty on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet nation of Plaath.

Akbarabad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Akbarabad » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 am

Akbarabad begins new campaign with thumping win.

(Akbarabad Press, AP): An entertaining 6-3 away win over Jedi8246 has seen the Tiger Eaters open the new campaign in style. Further considering the fact that the Wyverns are the second highest ranked side in the entirety of group five and that they were playing at home, this is an impressive win indeed. The only minor blemish was the number of goals that we conceded, but realistically we are unlikely to concede as many in any of our remaining fixtures.

Up next is another away game, this time against South Icemark and quite frankly we should easily crush them. In fact the entire group as a whole are unlikely to present us with many problems and is really only going to help us pass the time until the final tournament for which we will surely qualify. We are just hoping that this time, our aging team can finally live up to their promise and go past the quarterfinals for once.

Jedi8246 3–6 Akbarabad
(Nicolas Hem 29”, Manny Hem 38”, Charles Hem 77”) ( Rezaul Karim 5", 24” Zohaib Khan 8”, Jawad Khan 41", Zahid Hassan 64", 69”)

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am

Namibe Register

West Angolan Coach Phillip Garren Reacts!

Coach Phillip Garren reacted strongly to comments made yesterday by a prominent Licentiapacisterran government official. Tarquin Huffington-Smith, the Minister of Culture and Sport, released a breakdown of Group Nineteen, and projected his team to finish 4th or even third! Dismissive of other nations, he projected West Angola to most likely finish fifth, calling them an "uncultured" nation and saying the team was "no better than Elstorm." Coach Garren released the following statement hours later:

Well, I mean Mr. Huffington-Smith has every right to his opinion, but calling a nation ranked over 100 spots ahead of you "uncultured" is just ridiculous! Not to mention the fact that West Angola is an older nation (albiet only by a little). While Mr. Huffington-Smith is well within his rights to express his opinion, I wish he had perhaps considered what he was saying before he said it.

The nation has rallied around the team even more than they had before following these comments, and the attendance for the opener against Elstorm, the team we were "no better than" and thumped 3-0, was a new record for a West Angolan football match. Decibel levels within the stadium reached 105, higher than the level of a jet takeoff at 300 meters. Cheers of "WEST AN-go-LA!" and "PAAAAA-RISH" echoed around the stadium for the entire match as spirit roared to an all-time high. West Angola has really gotten behind their team this time around.

West Angola takes on Licentiapacisterra tomorrow, and it should be a great matchup, with both sides fighting to prove themselves.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 am

The match had ended, and already the Jungle Cats were in a hole. 87,000 strong had shown up at the Tivali Ring Stadium to watch the Vilitan National Team open up their World Cup 60 Qualifying campaign against The Kytler Peninsulae, expecting to see a clinic that would mark the opening result in a glorious qualifying campaign reminiscent of the Jungle Cats unbeaten performances in qualifying for World Cup 21 and World Cup 22. Of course, the Jungle Cats were ranked #1 in the KPB Rankings after World Cup 21 Qualifying. Local media was comparing a team ranked in the low 20's to a team that had just won the World Cup, and on what grounds? Perhaps due to the fact that the eventual World Cup Champion, Aguazul, was the Nation that eliminated the Jungle Cats during World Cup 59. Aguazul is not in World Cup 60, giving every nation that Aguazul eliminated along the way during World Cup 59 some kind of 'claim' that they could be as good as anyone else out there.

The Jungle Cats were without their captain, Ritopa Simafela, for the match, though Simafela did appear on the bench. It was Viji-mara Lawaai and Lita Adjei up top with Kristofer Killipter missing out entirely on the matchday squad.

After the match, Kilpter took a walk in the jungle wondering where he had gone wrong. Kilpter was the star of the Jungle Cats World Cup 57 Qualifying campaign and featured in all of the Vilitan matches during World Cup 58 Qualifiers along with the exciting Cup of Harmony run. Now, however, Kilpter had missed out entirely on playing in the World Cup Finals and the Vilitan League's most expensive transfer in league history had been virtually ineffective for club side Cednia Beach FC. With dual Vilitan and Turorian lineage, Kilpter snapped up the chance to play on the international stage during World Cup 57 qualifiers as Turori was not even entered. Now, with the Turori national team struggling to establish itself and Kilpter sat on the sidelines for the Jungle Cats, there had to be some wondering of whether or not the young forward had made the right choice.

Kilpter sat on a rock and stared up at the sky, only glimpses of which were actually visible through the dense canopy above. After some time being calm and not making racket, a pair of animals, of a native Lemurian species, began to get closer. Kilpter wasn't really an animal expert so he was really sure what exact type of animal they were or whether he should have any reason to be concerned. They weren't particularly big though, so he didn't give it much of a thought.

Kilpters mind wandered back to the match against the Kytler Peninsulae. The opening match of the World Cup 60 Qualifying campaign, and Kilpter didn't get to play. The Jungle Cats didn't even score a goal. Sure, the Kytler Peninsulae also failed to score, but that didn't give Kilpter any resolution. He wondered if he could have taken the chance that Lita Adjei missed in the 33rd minute, off a Jomur Hulyer cross. Adjei barely rose high enough to meet the juicy header and could only flick it past the outside post. Kilpter had to find a way back into the squad. He wanted to help the team, but wasn't sure how to get back into the favor of coaches Wrice and Massa.

The Cednia Beach forward stood up, causing all the Lemurian's in the area to scatter, and proceeded to follow the trail back to the city.

Vilita 0-0 The Kytler Peninsulae
It was a very slow start to the campaign for Vilita, who entered World Cup 60 Qualification with high expectations hosting The Kytler Peninsulae at the Tivali Ring Stadium in Alikki-Corra, Vilita - The very home of the Vilitan National Team.

The match was exciting for those who like tense, clinical play, but less exciting for those who enjoy free flowing play and lots of goals. The 0-0 result was certainly a setback for the Jungle Cats who will have to be seen as favorites in all qualifying matches. Tujamu Treola got the start over Retiso Buran but only played 45 minutes before being replaced by Viliaka Morasita.

Coaches Wrice and Massa attempted to tilt the tide in the direction of their side by changing the formation to a 3-4-3 over the final 20 minutes, introducing Erocka Lorei up top, but they couldn't break through the virtual stalemate that sees the Jungle Cats falling 2 points behind early in their campaign to return to the World Cup finals.

There was some controversy prior to the match as Dennis van Dijk, a referee from the Kytler Peninsulae, was named as the 4th official. Dazzarina "Dazza" Daize of Jeruselem was scheduled to be the 4th official but was last seen running nude through the nearby Tivali Jungle about an hour before the match. van Dijk, who was in attendance as a spectator supporting his National Team, answered the WCC call over the stadium public address system in search of qualified referees.

Vilita

Best Player: Miiara Makose
Worst Player: Kadi Molali
Shots on Target: 2
Corner Kicks: 0

The Kytler Peninsulae

Best Player: Morten Jeppeson
Worst Player: Ray Bobson
Shots on Target: 3
Corner Kicks: 2

Vilita Jungle Cats (3-(1-4)-2) ::
[GK] Nycflala Kater, [D] Miiara Makose, [D] Kadi Molali, [D] Niubo Deneli, [DMC] Tujamu Treola, [ML] Jomur Hulyer, [MC] Rexii Tzikas, [MC] Jian Lejsrma, [MR] Steffyn Siazzu, [FC] Viji-mara Lawaai, [FC] Lita Adjei
BENCH::
[FC] Yves Gadois, [FC] Erocka Lorei, [M] Riksa Valjariia, [M] Viliaka Morasita, [U] Ritopa Simafela, [D] Uajiala Pulkki, [GK] Aranora Jaded

Vilita Substitutions::
(45) - Tujamu Treola >>> Viliaka Morasita
(61) - Jian Lejsrma >>> Riksa Valjariia
(73) - Jomur Hulyer >>> Erocka Lorei

(For Future Statistical Reference)
GK :: Nycflala Kater 6

D :: Miiara Makose 9
D :: Kadi Molali 5
D :: Niubo Deneli 10

DMC :: Tujamu Treola 7

ML :: Jomur Hulyer 6
MC :: Rexii Tzikas 7
MC :: Jian Lejsrma 6
MR :: Steffyn Siazzu 5

FC :: Viji-mara Lawaai 6
FC :: Lita Adjei 6

Vilitan Subs Bench:
FC :: Yves Gadois DNP
FC :: Erocka Lorei 5
M :: Riksa Valjariia 5
M :: Viliaka Morasita 5
U :: Ritopa Simafela DNP
D :: Uajiala Pulkki DNP
GK :: Aranora Jaded DNP
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 am

First victory!

Ko-oren started the first match in the WC 60 qualification well! Unified Falcon, a nation torn apart for a long time, was beaten in their first match as a unified country, ending 0-1. Koyane Shiribeshi scored after UF GK Didier gave his all for 67 minutes, yet Ko-oren could not benefit anymore after this only goal. Shiribeshi headed a good cross from Idrasil home.

Before the match, Akiranar Nembus, president of Ko-oren, visited the skybox of the Queen of Falconfar and the President of Falconear, congratulating them on the unification, and wished for a long period of good relations between the two – and Ko-oren.

Ko-oren made a good impression for the entire match, firmly having possession for the most part, and providing some offensive play in others. Unfortunately the score line ended on 0-1, mainly due to good goalkeeping by the UF goalkeeper, but after all the friendlies, to actually have three points in the first match is a great start. Ko-oren played a number of friendlies, some with more success than others, but the general impression was that the team was ready to take on the difficult group. Ko-oren has now shown it can.

KSN POLL: Shiribeshi confirmed his popularity with the fans: a majority chose him as Ko-orenite topscorer after 14 matches. And he actually scored in the first match!
Match Stats:
0 Goals 1
1 Shots on Target 6
4 Shots total 12
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
39% Possession 61%

Next match: Friday Freshman – Ko-oren
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Turori » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:21 am

EELS UPENDED BY BOSTOPIA
Turori Eels 0 - 1 Bostopia
The Turori Eels, still led by player-manager Mumau Atla-Siioai, dropped a hearbreaking 0-1 result to group 12 favorites Bostopia in the opening match of their World Cup 60 Qualifying Campaign.

Despite being the groups third seed, the Turorian players felt strongly that they could turn the corner and break into the top 2 to have a chance at sneaking into the World Cup 60 finals. In order to do that, however, The Eels were looking to take at least a point from their opening match against Bostopia, while certainly needing a victory over Milchama when eventually playing their Atlantian Oceania neighbors.

Although they played strongly throughout the match, the Eels could not hold on for the draw as Bostopia broke through 20 minutes from time to claim all 3 points.

Turori is considering the hiring of a permanent foreign manager to lead the squad through World Cup 60 qualification to allow backup goalkeeper Mumau Atla-Siioai to focus on the art of playing, despite the stranglehold that Ronji Miiastara has on the goalkeepers shirt for the Eels.

Thus far, the Football Association of Turori has received two applications for the managerial position, one of which is a familiar face for the Eels, Darmen's Mikael Gibbons.

Gibbons has a history with Turori, having applied for the managerial position during World Cup 58 and controlling the team for one match, against Virabia on Matchday 6. The result that day was a 3-1 defeat for the Eels and marked the end of Gibbons trial period.

In related news, Frederick Anxscht, the former Turori Eels manager from Landereien, has reportedly died. Anxscht won the job with his results during World Cup 58 Qualifications, beating out Civil Citizenry's Kirby Hurst. Anxscht was relieved as Turori manager prior to World Cup 59 Qualifications after a dismal showing in the 50th Cup of Harmony.

Interested Applicants should provide the following information to the FAT:
-) Name:
-) Nationality:
-) Coaching History:
-) Coaching Awards/Trophies
-) Top 3 preferred opponents from the Turorian Schedule
---1)
---2)
---3)
-) Why do you feel you are right for Turori?
-) One interesting Fact about you:
-) Where do you see the Turori NT after World Cup 60Q?

mailto:: Vilita and Turori. (one nation)

Applicants should send their application ASAP to the unified mail service of Vilita and Turori.

The Turori Eels will now look to rebound with their first points of the campaign against Monastery-on-the-rocks on Matchday 2.

Turori
Shots on Target: 2
Corner Kicks: 0

Bostopia

Shots on Target: 3
Corner Kicks: 3

Turori Eels Lineup ::
[GK] Ronji Miiastara, [D] Yoains Konoaafeo, [D] Lioniaa Tana, [D] Diauro Dlaminii, [UT] Restiaa Mumamba, [ML] Rikko Rawaii, [MC] Cediici Tzatzos, [MC] Vrotaoa Lorasoiba, [MR] Raso Tareak, [FC] Liinai Zakazaka, [FC] Loala Kigoouao
BENCH::
[FC] Jukkia Diijelhma, [FC] Anuh Ciniima, [M] Tiika Diirotora, [M] Rutaj Ranaso, [UT] Balariita Muzmaara, [D] Noa-isinao Wioauoi, [GK] Mumau Atla-Siioai

Turori Substitutions::
(60) - Lioniaa Tana >>> Rutaj Ranaso

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 am

#Nationalteam, intrachat.ug
Official IRC Channel of the Gordonopian National Team

[00:05]<FBall_fan9> Damn... how close was that?
[00:05]<Lanezbabe> I know. Goddammit.
[00:05] -Moderator- has kicked user:Lanezbabe for [blasphemy]
[00:05]<FBall_fan9> Could have had such an incredible comeback.
[00:06]<Toltn_wst> Seriously. A hat trick by Odell to pull back from a 2-0 deficit? How much sweeter can you get?
[00:06]<frwrx7l> The rest of the offense pulled it together too... Odell with an assist, Dietrich with two? It was just the defense that fell apart.
[00:06]<nrthrnter> Yeah... how bout that 91 minute goal by Rottenberry. We gave up a last minute goal to a guy named Rottenberry.
[00:06]<nrthrnter> A d middy no less
[00:06]<FBall_fan9> He should have been guarded. Steiner and Bates literally dropped the ball. They had the guy twenty yards out of the box, and he somehow slipped through.
[00:06]<GFC4lf> It wouldn't have mattered if ol' luddy had been on top of his game. I guarantee that at least two of those goals would have been saved by Schmidt or even Langerhans. He's just to damn old.
[00:06]<frwrx7> Honestly, I'm going to have to agree with you. I'm Deska, born and raised, but when your starting goalie is turning 38 halfway through qualification, you need to be at least a bit worried.
[00:08] user:Torisx1x has joined the channel
[00:08] -modbot- has kicked user:Torisx1x for [unknown IP]
[00:09]<FBall_fan9> Great... the internationals are trying to get in now :P Tbh, this is why I'm glad we have the intranet.
[00:09]<nrthrnter> couldnt agree more. Anyways, which Odell goal you guys think was best
[00:09]<Toltn_wst> Definitely 56th min. The Dieti pass was damn beautiful, and the back header reminded me of one of Odell's Montbenoit goals.
[00:09]<frwrx7> Haven't been following him in Saugeais. How's he been doing over there?
[00:09]<FBall_fan9> He's done pretty well for himself. 13, maybe 14 goals this season? Really not bad for a first-wave international.
[00:09]<Toltn_wst> Oh, fo sho. It was 13 goals, and tied for 14th in the league, btw.
[00:14] user:Torix1x has joined the channel
[00:14] -modbot- has kicked user:Torisx1x for [unknown IP]
[00:15]<FBall_fan9> Dammit, thyr at it again. Probably just as sore as we are that we came back in the first place, even though they still managed the draw.
[00:16]<frwrx7> yeah man, probably.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

The Icemark
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Icemark 0 - 0 Soroya

Postby The Icemark » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 am

Found In the ancient vaults of the Citadel Of Frostmarris:

Page One:

Page Two:

Page Three:
Last edited by The Icemark on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports