NATION

PASSWORD

Di Bradini Cup 21 (Rosters/RP/Scores)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 am

(The young ladies chat again)

Ashley Barrett>: We are so close I can taste it. Great job again, Zoey, Sammi, and all the defenders.
Samantha O’Keefe>: We are on the cusp of doing something great for sure, but let’s remember that’s just like any other game.
Holly Sanders>: I’ve always wanted to play Bears Armed!
Zoey Anderson>: Thanks Ashley, it was a complete effort, and if we play like that again, we can beat Bears Armed.
Samantha O’Keefe>: One advantage we have against them is that Cassadagans don’t say, “Wait a second, we actually gotta play Bears?” There is so much history between Cassadaigua and Bears Armed on the pitch, that we know how to take them.
Zoey Anderson>: All the Pink Cup meetings, and we have a winning record, historically, against them.
Holly Sanders>: Yeah they don’t scare me.
Ashley Barrett>: Good points, I am not scared of them and like Holly, I can’t wait to play them, it will be exciting. Sammi, you actually have played in a game against the Bear-Belles huh?
Samantha O’Keefe>: Yep I got playing time in the Pink Cup game. They are just like anyone else. You just have to prepare yourself for when you might collide with them, a little more of a furry sensation against your body. But they play clean, and are a well disciplined team.
Holly Sanders>: You have to do some things differently though, right?
Samantha O’Keefe>: Coach will go through those things, but yes. Obviously you might want to think twice before attempting to tackle one of them. You have to concede some things to them, but at the same time, you can use their size and bearliness against them.
Zoey Anderson>: Their shots are more powerful. So I might be surrendering more rebounds. Sammi should be on top of that. But at the same time, those rebounds, because of the power of the shot, don’t directly bounce in a prime position like when a human shoots. They can be harder for a forward to contain.
Ashley Barrett>: I noticed footage of that on our Pink Cup win. Sometimes you get a deflection off them after the rebound and it goes out of bounds, and it becomes a goal kick.
Samantha O’Keefe>: It’s just one of things that we can play to our advantage. I know it, coach knows it. Don’t forget Meaghan has a ton of experience of making a game plan against Bears both from her playing days and as a coach. So listen to her strategies. I know you always do, but just keep that up. She will especially know what she is talking about on this.
Holly Sanders>: Oh I will. I think its gonna be a great game!
Ashley Barrett>: I’m not scared of the big ol’bear!
Zoey Anderson>: We are on the verge of doing something great. We’re already gone further then any Cassadagan team ever has in the Di Bradini Cup. But when you think of where we were before the Cup, with people wondering if the nation was going to cease. The revitalization has lifted up spirits in the country, and this title will not only show that we haven’t gone away, but we are still strong and one of the best soccer nations in the world, not just now, but for the future.
Holly Sanders>: Amen to that!
Samantha O’Keefe>: Z is exactly right. Don’t forget about all those people at home watching us. We have a lot of support. I am pretty sure there will be a lot of pink and black in the stands, too. If we don’t win this game, it will be heartbreaking, but we are winners regardless. We have nothing to lose tomorrow. We were the last nation to sign up. No one thought we were going to get this far, but we have battled. Survived some controversy against Polar Islandstates, and a shootout. This resiliency is something our teams have been known for in other tournaments, but not in the Di Bradini Cup. We have championship instincts. The Bears are tough and good. They have overcome things too, but this is our Cup. Let’s go grab it!
Ashley Barrett>: Hell yeahh!!!
Samantha O’Keefe>: And if we win I’ll buy a home in Civil Citizenry and take back everything I said!
Holly Sanders>: Wooot! Lol that might be the best incentive for us to win right there!!
Zoey Anderson>: Sleep well tonight. Study Meaghan’s game plan closely, and we will make this dream a reality!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 am

"Dagans? Why did it have to be ... Dagans?!?"

"Eh? I thought I remembered you saying that you like the Dagans as a people?"

"Hwell, yes, from those that I've met so far, I do: I was just joking, hrreally, but there is the fact that their teams have played against ours often enough and recently enough to have learnt how our typical style differs from those of Human teams, and so they'll probably have told this lot how to cope with playing against Bears, whereas with "newer" opponents we'd maybeso have that unfmailiarity as a bonus giving us a slight extra edge..."

"Hr'rmm.
"Hokay, I can smell that. Anyhows,
'an axe cuts both ways' as folks say, so presumably you've learnt a bit about how the Dagans play over the years too and told our girls about that?"

"Ayyuh, of course. Still, it's always been fun seeing an opposing team that's facing us for their verrry first time..." ;)

"Ha! That it is, for true." ;)

"And after all, this is only the second time that a Bears Armed team has reached the finals of this contest -- the first being in BDC 13, when our girls lost by one goal against two to
Sargossa -- and the last time that we even managed third place was threeEights years ago..."

"Hrright. And I suppose we should count oursleves lucky to be going into this match with a full starting line-up, even though we don't have any back-up along. I was pretty sure that
Running Moose would get a game's suspension after she bit part of an ear off from the Aels captain Jenkins like that!"

"Ayyuh, so was I: Fortunate indeed it was for us that the referee accepted it had been accidental, hwhen she was jogged by that other Aels player hwhile trying to tackle him..."

"For true!"

"So, anyhows, hwhat news from home? Is the
'Dead Bears Walking' situation there enough under control now that we can all go straight back after this Cup with no hrreal worries, or not?"

"Not, it seems. In the latest letter that I've received, hwhich came the day afore yesterday, BAAS were talking about maybeso sending us on a foreign tour for a hwhile first -- as they'd been already thinking about hwhen we left -- for safety's sake, so that the squad Urra's taken to the Brevity Cup won't be our only footballers 'positioned' outside the country if a full quarantine does get imposed!"

"Urrgah! The girls won't like that! Some of them are already getting homesick..."

"I know, I know for true, but hwhat can we do about it?"
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm

The Twenty-First Di Bradini Cup
Final Day

Third Place Match
Aels 4-2 Mangolana

Final
Bears Armed 5–2 Cassadaigua

Congratulations to Bears Armed on winning its first DBC title! Commiserations to Cassadaigua, and thank you to everyone for participating! Look out for the twenty-second edition after this upcoming World Cup.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 am

(Players get to ready leave)

Ashley Barrett>: If we won, we would have posted about our victory. lol
Holly Sanders>: Oh stop. Zoey, you ok?
Zoey Anderson>: Yeah I'll be fine. I'll shake it off.
Ashley Barrett>: Sammi changed her mind, right?
Zoey Anderson>: About setting something on fire? Yeah I think so. Right Sammi?
Zoey Anderson>: Sammi??
Ashley Barrett>: Sammmmiiiiii?!?!?
Holly Sanders>: Hello!
Zoey Anderson>: I guess she's not gonna make into chat today.
Ashley Barrett>: Maybe she didn't change her mind.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 am

"Ha! That's shown them!"

"Shown whom, and shown them hwhat, girls?"

"Shown the Dagans not to underestimate us!"

"Shown the worlds that the Belles winning their Baptism of Fire all those years ago wasn't just a one-off!"

"Shown the selectors that we should seriously be considered for places in the World Cup team, too... Hrright, coach?"

"Hwell, maybeso. We'll hear hwhat they've decided about that soon enough.
"Anyhows, before we came here I promised that if you played well then I'd stand all of you to a fine banquet hwhen we got back home... So, hwhere's it to be?
Mother's Goose , maybeso? The revolving restaurant on the Ghost Office Tower, or one of the restaurant-boats on LongLake... or somehwhere else, instead?"

"Hr'rmm..."

(OOC: My apologies for not posting sooner, but there were internet access problems that [hopefully] have now been fixed...)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Previous

Return to NS Sports