NATION

PASSWORD

Republic Cup 1 Rosters/RP/Results/Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Homelands our
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:02 am

Arcatea wrote:(Arcatea) 1–0 (Ipeland)

(Howdeellow) 1–2 (Zoobians)

Final

#1 Arcatea vs #7 Zoobians @ Presidents Stadium

Third Place Match

#5 Ipeland vs #3 Howdeellow @ Presidents Stadium

--------
OOC: If someone would be willing to Scorinate the finals and third place match to keep it unbiased, that would be awesome! I can send you the spreadsheet i have set up so far with the Roster bonuses and everything to keep it consistent.

As I am out I could do it
Join us in NSSport
Ranked 99 in football (soccer)
created the quall cup
3rd in quall cup 2 and quall cup 3
Follow the HOSL on the IDSN thread

Arcatea
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcatea » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:17 am

Krumbia wrote:
Mapletish wrote:how about someone which is more experience,maybe Krumbia?

:clap:
Sure. I wouldn't mind. Aslong as I can translate it into Xkoranate.

Thats what i've been using.
Association Football Rank:104
Arcatean National Team Record:20-6-14, 1st Republic Cup Champions!
Bucktown University Record(NSCF):1-2

Howdeellow
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Howdeellow » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:52 am

Howdeellow have lost to Zoobians in a crushing 2-1 defeat in the semi-finals.Thing started off great for Howdeellow, when in the 24th minute "Hallmark" Jones scored a beautiful goal fom 30 yards out. Zoobians fought back in the second half, when Richie Hernanes gave away a penalty in the 56th minute, Boris Troy netted it neatly into the top right corner. Zoobians stiker Gustav Zspa scored what proved to be the winner off a free kick fom 20 yards out. They now have to face Arcatea in the finals. Howdeellow will have to play Ipeland in the third place match.

Ipeland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipeland » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:29 am

Ipeland B lose to hosts in semi final
Ipeland B may still secure 3rd place though

Ipeland have lost to hosts Arcatea, 1-0. It was a crushing defeat for Ipeland, but they still may take home some pride in the upcoming 3rd place match against Howdeellow. Things started quietly, passing making up most of the first half. The closest shot to goal came to Arcatea, Craig Deal heading just over the bar. The Ipeland defence worked well, making good tackles and blocking crosses. The second half started similarly to the first half, pretty quiet. However Arcatea scored, Craig Deal catching our defense on the counter attack from an Ipeland corner and slotting it past the helpless Shearer. Ipeland pressed for an equalizer, having many shots at goal. However the full time whistle blew and we went into the tunnel defeated.
Formerly known as Hutt River

Arcatea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcatea » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:45 am

The Greenleaf Times

Arcatea to Republic Cup final with goal in 82nd minute

At half time, Marvin Glove gave his players one piece of advice, just shoot the ball; That's what they kept doing, scoring in the 82nd minute to secure its place in the Republic Cup Final. Craig Deal took a pass from Ernie Glove to the back of the net and the home crowd erupted into cheers as the only goal of the night was scored. Deal had 3 shots that were turned away by Mitchel Shearer, while the rest of the team only had 2 other shots on goal.

We came in there, not knowing what to expect, Ipeland is a very good team. Beating Silver Beach was a great victory, as they are highly ranked, but I think that we can win this now after wins against the great teams we've face. This is great prep for the World Cup, and I'm glad we get to do this all in front of our Home crowd. Deal has been playing his best during this tournament, and he is the reason we are getting ready to play for the Cup tonight.

-Manger Marvin Glove

Final Preview against Zoobians

In the Quarterfinals, Zoobians beat Mapletish 6-1, a familiar foe for Arcatea, whom Arcatea is 0-3 against. Zoobians have proved that not all games are played on paper, as they are the 7th seed, and beat the 2nd seed Mapletish, and 3rd seed Howdeellow. Arcatea who is ranked 241, is going to take on the 357th ranked team in Zoobians. This will be a match for the ages for Arcatea, who could win its first Cup with the win. Deal will look to keep scoring, and keep the ball spread around.

Arcatea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcatea » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 am

The Results will be posted later. Krumbia will be scorinating both games.

Krumbia
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Krumbia » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Sorry guys, I was a bit busy with this war I have against me and stuff. Here's the scores.

Code: Select all
3rd Place Playoff
Ipeland  1–1 Howdeellow  (2–1 AET)

Final
Arcatea  3–1 Zoobians

Congratulations to Arcatea!

Arcatea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcatea » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm

The Greenleaf Times

Arcatea takes 1st Republic Cup with 3-1 win.

Craig Deal pulled his shirt off before the start of the match, showing off his Phoenix tattoo to the rest of the team, reminding them of who they were playing this game for. After a decent showing in the Baptism of Fire, Arcatea wanted to show the world it what it was capable of, and being able to raise the Republic Cup is a great accomplishment. With World Cup Qualifying just around the corner, Marvin Glove wanted his team to be able to say they've won a tournament, that includes some great teams, including BoF 44 third place team Mapletish and the 56th ranked Silver Beach. Craig Deal, Frank Valrey, and Owen Man each scored a goal in the victory over Zoobians. It was even better for Arcatea to win while hosting the tournament, and in a packed President's Stadium.

Next up for Arcatea is preparation for World Cup qualifying, with matches against Khytenna, Michael VII, and Miley World. Arcatea also was drawn into group 3 with the likes of Bears Armed, Erathore, and Civil Citizenry. While they hope to Qualify, it seems they have their work cut out for them as they are in a very difficult group.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports