NATION

PASSWORD

Unofficial xkoranate user guide? Let's talk.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guest23Apr
Civilian

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Guest23Apr » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:03 pm

I know this sounds dumb, but I tried out Xkoranate after seeing it recommended on a motorsports forum. The trouble is, whenever I try to open XML files, it tells me there's an XML error, and it always seems to be in line 2, which always looks like this:
<sport version="0.3">

Am I doing something wrong?

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:04 am

Guest23Apr wrote:I know this sounds dumb, but I tried out Xkoranate after seeing it recommended on a motorsports forum. The trouble is, whenever I try to open XML files, it tells me there's an XML error, and it always seems to be in line 2, which always looks like this:
<sport version="0.3">

Am I doing something wrong?

Don't open the XML files. Open the program.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue May 05, 2015 5:45 pm

Zwangzug wrote:Ok, I am bumping this thread to provide a rudimentary overview. Let me know what could be improved with more details/screenshots/etc.

So I'm using Windows, don't know how different this is for other people, but here's my basic outline.

-Download and unzip. (Sounds easy but I spent way too long stuck on this step!)
-The 0.3.2 release begins for me with a "bonuses" screen. For now I'm going to try simulating without any bonuses besides the ranks (which show up later), so I'll type "0.0%" in the effect of bonus box.
-Then I click the green plus sign in the bottom left. A text box pops up below the "EVENTS" header, I'll try "Men's race" in there so I know what it's called. Then on the "Select sport" thing I'll click the plus sign next to "Cycling, road" to open up a list of options, then select "Men's mass start."
I can toggle the box for "Show team names," which I'll leave on for now. Then I hit continue.
-It says "Set participants," with adjustable slots for "Minimum" and "Maximum skill." I'll choose a scale from 0 to 10, so I type 10 in the bottom box.
Then I click on a plus sign to add a participant. You kind of have to double-click inside the boxes that pop up to edit them. Rule of thumb is "just keep clicking and it'll eventually light up." I'll put in some names and teams (for the Olympics these "teams" might be three-letter abbreviations. If you're doing a domestic basketball league you might just list the names of the teams under the "partcipants" column and leave "team" blank). If you were doing an association or American football league you would have a column for style, which ranges from -5 (most defensive) to +5 (most offensive).
-Continue. The next screen will probably be "choose competition type," and it varies for different sports, but is usually pretty self-explanatory.
-Continue. Next is "set up groups."
Click the green plus sign to set up a group. Again, you can type in "Group A" or anything here to give it a name.
-Depending on the format of your competition, maybe it's just all the cyclists competing against each other. Clicking the button in the middle (when I hold my mouse over it it reads "Add all available participants" will do exactly that).
-Otherwise, you can select a group, and then click the green circle with a white plus sign--a drop-box will open up below the group name and you should be able to select one of the participants you entered before. If you click on Group A again, you can repeat that and add someone else in the same group (maybe for basketball teams in two different divisions) until you've entered as many as you want. Then you can click the green plus sign to make a new group and repeat as needed. The red minus sign will delete participants or groups, whichever's selected.
-Clicking the black die first selects everyone in a group, and then you can click it again to randomize the order.
-Continue. The next page will let you scorinate the event, by clicking on the black die. If you're in a round-robin tournament, you can jump to any matchday you like. Or, you can scorinate one day at a time by just clicking the black die.
-You should be able to copy the results and/or tables from inside the program to paste elsewhere, if you like. I have had bad luck with using the "export" function but strict copying works great for me.
-The fourth button from the left on top (mouseover to display "Save As") will save the file. When you quit and reopen the program, you open files with the second button from the left, and then can maneuver through the same "continue" buttons. I'll change my maximum skill to 10.930 on the second go'round, and can change skills (or names, or styles) there on the Set participants screen.
-Hitting continue all the way through on a round-robin event will bring you back to the scorinate event page, with the Matchday one results loaded. Now you can jump ahead to matchday two and scorinate that day; the tables will include that, as well as day 1. Again, you can save, quit, and come back whenever for Matchday 3, etc...

This was the most helpful post I have evr read on the forums.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Tue May 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Zwangzug wrote:Ok, I am bumping this thread to provide a rudimentary overview. Let me know what could be improved with more details/screenshots/etc.

So I'm using Windows, don't know how different this is for other people, but here's my basic outline.

-Download and unzip. (Sounds easy but I spent way too long stuck on this step!)
-The 0.3.2 release begins for me with a "bonuses" screen. For now I'm going to try simulating without any bonuses besides the ranks (which show up later), so I'll type "0.0%" in the effect of bonus box.
-Then I click the green plus sign in the bottom left. A text box pops up below the "EVENTS" header, I'll try "Men's race" in there so I know what it's called. Then on the "Select sport" thing I'll click the plus sign next to "Cycling, road" to open up a list of options, then select "Men's mass start."
I can toggle the box for "Show team names," which I'll leave on for now. Then I hit continue.
-It says "Set participants," with adjustable slots for "Minimum" and "Maximum skill." I'll choose a scale from 0 to 10, so I type 10 in the bottom box.
Then I click on a plus sign to add a participant. You kind of have to double-click inside the boxes that pop up to edit them. Rule of thumb is "just keep clicking and it'll eventually light up." I'll put in some names and teams (for the Olympics these "teams" might be three-letter abbreviations. If you're doing a domestic basketball league you might just list the names of the teams under the "partcipants" column and leave "team" blank). If you were doing an association or American football league you would have a column for style, which ranges from -5 (most defensive) to +5 (most offensive).
-Continue. The next screen will probably be "choose competition type," and it varies for different sports, but is usually pretty self-explanatory.
-Continue. Next is "set up groups."
Click the green plus sign to set up a group. Again, you can type in "Group A" or anything here to give it a name.
-Depending on the format of your competition, maybe it's just all the cyclists competing against each other. Clicking the button in the middle (when I hold my mouse over it it reads "Add all available participants" will do exactly that).
-Otherwise, you can select a group, and then click the green circle with a white plus sign--a drop-box will open up below the group name and you should be able to select one of the participants you entered before. If you click on Group A again, you can repeat that and add someone else in the same group (maybe for basketball teams in two different divisions) until you've entered as many as you want. Then you can click the green plus sign to make a new group and repeat as needed. The red minus sign will delete participants or groups, whichever's selected.
-Clicking the black die first selects everyone in a group, and then you can click it again to randomize the order.
-Continue. The next page will let you scorinate the event, by clicking on the black die. If you're in a round-robin tournament, you can jump to any matchday you like. Or, you can scorinate one day at a time by just clicking the black die.
-You should be able to copy the results and/or tables from inside the program to paste elsewhere, if you like. I have had bad luck with using the "export" function but strict copying works great for me.
-The fourth button from the left on top (mouseover to display "Save As") will save the file. When you quit and reopen the program, you open files with the second button from the left, and then can maneuver through the same "continue" buttons. I'll change my maximum skill to 10.930 on the second go'round, and can change skills (or names, or styles) there on the Set participants screen.
-Hitting continue all the way through on a round-robin event will bring you back to the scorinate event page, with the Matchday one results loaded. Now you can jump ahead to matchday two and scorinate that day; the tables will include that, as well as day 1. Again, you can save, quit, and come back whenever for Matchday 3, etc...

This was the most helpful post I have evr read on the forums.

Agree, this is what set me up with Xkorinate.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat May 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Okay, I have two very important question.
1) Is there any way to send a scorinator file to another computer?
2) How do you apply bonuses to an event?
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat May 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:Okay, I have two very important question.

1) If you're talking about the file for an event or domestic league, just take the .xml file, upload it to the Internet and download it from that computer. Alternately, just put it on a flash drive and move it to the other computer. If you're talking about transferring the sport files, same thing. If you're talking about transferring xkoranate itself, just Google it from the other computer and download it there.

2) The normal way you do that is by adding the bonuses to the "skill" of the team and adjusting the max skill to whatever the highest rank+bonus is, at the present time. I don't recommend using the bonus tab unless you're scorinating the Olympics because it can be confusing to navigate, especially for an inexperienced host.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat May 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Free Republics wrote:

1) If you're talking about the file for an event or domestic league, just take the .xml file, upload it to the Internet and download it from that computer. Alternately, just put it on a flash drive and move it to the other computer. If you're talking about transferring the sport files, same thing. If you're talking about transferring xkoranate itself, just Google it from the other computer and download it there.

Or, you know, email it to yourself.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Free Republics wrote:

2) The normal way you do that is by adding the bonuses to the "skill" of the team and adjusting the max skill to whatever the highest rank+bonus is, at the present time. I don't recommend using the bonus tab unless you're scorinating the Olympics because it can be confusing to navigate, especially for an inexperienced host.

1) And how do you do that?

2) Okay. Thanks.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Free Republics wrote:

Or, you know, email it to yourself.

And you do that how? I am awful at computers. I prefer console.
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sat May 30, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Sat May 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Free Republics wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:1) If you're talking about the file for an event or domestic league, just take the .xml file, upload it to the Internet and download it from that computer. Alternately, just put it on a flash drive and move it to the other computer. If you're talking about transferring the sport files, same thing. If you're talking about transferring xkoranate itself, just Google it from the other computer and download it there.

1) And how do you do that?

Easiest way is with dropbox, google drive or skydrive (i think thats the name). Any cloud filesharing platform will work, really, but those are the main ones I know of. All pretty intuitive. Generally speaking it's just a case of selecting the file(s) and dragging them to the shared folder. Sort of awkward to explain without showing you, to be honest. But it's really simple. I swear.

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Or, you know, email it to yourself.

And you do that how? I am awful at computers. I prefer console.

Assuming you have an email account somewhere (like gmail, maybe; if not, gmail is pretty good for a free service) you should be able to log in on the computer you have the file(s) on, and compose a message to your own email address (I usually just put a simple reminder in the subject line, like "NS files" so I can remember what I was sending). Then you can use the "attach" feature to select the file(s) you need to send. Once that's done, you can just log in to your email account on the other computer, and download the "attachment" (the file(s) you sent).

Hope that helps. It's simple stuff but I understand it's sort of tricky if you've not done it before.
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun May 31, 2015 4:11 am

Osarius wrote:
Free Republics wrote:1) And how do you do that?

Easiest way is with dropbox, google drive or skydrive (i think thats the name). Any cloud filesharing platform will work, really, but those are the main ones I know of. All pretty intuitive. Generally speaking it's just a case of selecting the file(s) and dragging them to the shared folder. Sort of awkward to explain without showing you, to be honest. But it's really simple. I swear.

Frenline Delpha wrote:And you do that how? I am awful at computers. I prefer console.

Assuming you have an email account somewhere (like gmail, maybe; if not, gmail is pretty good for a free service) you should be able to log in on the computer you have the file(s) on, and compose a message to your own email address (I usually just put a simple reminder in the subject line, like "NS files" so I can remember what I was sending). Then you can use the "attach" feature to select the file(s) you need to send. Once that's done, you can just log in to your email account on the other computer, and download the "attachment" (the file(s) you sent).

Hope that helps. It's simple stuff but I understand it's sort of tricky if you've not done it before.

This should prove most helpful. Thanks.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun May 31, 2015 11:36 am

Osarius wrote:
Free Republics wrote:1) And how do you do that?

Frenline Delpha wrote:And you do that how? I am awful at computers. I prefer console.

E-mail works for me. Thanks.

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Embarrassingly long time since I've posted anywhere on these forums, but I do have an xkorinate question for recoding.

Looking through the ice hockey code for xkorinate it appears to have a shootout function that can be removed in the xml file. If I remove this, will it remove going to a shootout? And if so, how do I get the updated coding into the program in order to avoid going to shootouts?
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

World Cup of Hockey Federation
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby World Cup of Hockey Federation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Michael VII wrote:Embarrassingly long time since I've posted anywhere on these forums, but I do have an xkorinate question for recoding.

Looking through the ice hockey code for xkorinate it appears to have a shootout function that can be removed in the xml file. If I remove this, will it remove going to a shootout? And if so, how do I get the updated coding into the program in order to avoid going to shootouts?

Hey, this is Royal Kingdom of Quebec speaking.

Fortunately, Saintland/Free Republics has already made modifiers for non-SO functions. If you use that, all the games that'd normally go for Shootouts will instead be replaced with OT. This however do not indicate the length of OT(s), so you can just add that on your RP instead.
World Cup of Hockey Federation
Latest tournament (49)RankingDiscussion Thread

WCoHF Headquarters: TBD
Federation President: Erji Tehauden (F, Ko-oren, cycle 50-52)

Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding World Cup of Hockey to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current World Cup of Hockey Federation President. At present, that is Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:48 pm

World Cup of Hockey Federation wrote:
Michael VII wrote:Embarrassingly long time since I've posted anywhere on these forums, but I do have an xkorinate question for recoding.

Hey, this is Royal Kingdom of Quebec speaking.

Fortunately, Saintland/Free Republics has already made modifiers for non-SO functions. If you use that, all the games that'd normally go for Shootouts will instead be replaced with OT. This however do not indicate the length of OT(s), so you can just add that on your RP instead.

Awesome thanks. I had just figured out the answer to my own question as well, but glad to have a more well done formula too. :D
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Guest24jul
Civilian

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Guest24jul » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 am

In the auto racing with cornering, acceleration and reliability, is there a way to import a semicolon delimited UTF-8 file in the "set participants" screen? I can't import a text file with the form: Driver;Team;Acceleration;Cornering;Reliability.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Would it be possible to convert this to a mobile app? Just out of curiosity.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:21 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:Would it be possible to convert this to a mobile app? Just out of curiosity.

I still have this question.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:Would it be possible to convert this to a mobile app? Just out of curiosity.

I still have this question.

Its probably possible to convert xkoranate (which is written in C++) to an Android app but it would likely require a significant amount of work by somebody familiar with compiling C++ source code on Android. If you're asking about iOS, forget about it. Even if it was possible to port a scorinator to iOS, it couldn't be installed except on jailbroken devices (a legal grey area) unless the person porting it paid Apple to get it on their App Store. With Android, you only have to change a setting to run software that isn't approved by Google (just like you can run software that Microsoft hasn't approved, such as xkoranate, on Windows).

There's definitely interest in a scorinator for phones given how often the question comes up but it doesn't exist because it'd be a significant amount of work for somebody and nobody who has the ability to do so has been interested in doing that work yet.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Ficiscia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ficiscia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:03 pm

If that thread is still active, I'd have a few questions as well...

1) Is there a way of modifying the ice hockey points to the three-point-formula as used in the RL World Cup (win 3 points, OT win 2 points, OT loss 1 point, loss 0 points)?

2) My ice hockey league produces very low results all the time. Is there a way to change that? I have games finishing with 0-0, 1-0 etc all the time, despite the style modifiers being all over the place. Even a +4 and a +5 team produced a 0-0 against each other, but I don't even remember the last time I such a result in real hockey. Could it be because the skill numbers in my league are all very close to each other?

3) How can one do a Decathlon? Adding up all points manually? Or is there a way for making xkoranate doing it?
BASIC KNOWLEDGE
IC: 89 mio. inhabitants, parliamentary democracy in 2016, minority government of communists, greens and democratic socialists - Constitution
OOC: 20 years old, male, Swiss, student. In favour of (actual) democratic socialism, leftist revolutions where necessary, pan-leftism and European Unity. Not too fond of unnecessarily making things social justice issues. Also in favour of loud guitars, reggae and ice hockey. Feel free to TG me if you wanna know more!
SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS
Summer Olympics X: 5-4-4 / Winter Olympics XI: 9-8-6 - BoF 61 Silver Medal - WJHC 10/11 Bronze Medal - WC75 group stage participant

Koana Islands
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Koana Islands » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:28 pm

0-0's happen quite often in real life. In fact, two weeks ago San Jose beat the Flyers 1-0 in OT and the Blackhawks and Lightning played out a similar scoreline about 6 weeks ago. 1-0 in regulation time is very common, too.

In answer to your first question, no, you that isn't do-able.

Ficiscia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ficiscia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Koana Islands wrote:0-0's happen quite often in real life. In fact, two weeks ago San Jose beat the Flyers 1-0 in OT and the Blackhawks and Lightning played out a similar scoreline about 6 weeks ago. 1-0 in regulation time is very common, too.

Okay, my reference was the Swiss league as I watch every round there as part of my job, and 0-0 are VERY unusual there... afaik in every European league/World Cup.. also, one two weeks ago ajd one 6 weeks ago doesnt really equal 1 to 3 in EVERY MD, even if the involved teams have an offensive style. I tried doing a re-sim, but that usually just means other teams play 0-0. So, would there actually be a way to change that in the XML od so?
BASIC KNOWLEDGE
IC: 89 mio. inhabitants, parliamentary democracy in 2016, minority government of communists, greens and democratic socialists - Constitution
OOC: 20 years old, male, Swiss, student. In favour of (actual) democratic socialism, leftist revolutions where necessary, pan-leftism and European Unity. Not too fond of unnecessarily making things social justice issues. Also in favour of loud guitars, reggae and ice hockey. Feel free to TG me if you wanna know more!
SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS
Summer Olympics X: 5-4-4 / Winter Olympics XI: 9-8-6 - BoF 61 Silver Medal - WJHC 10/11 Bronze Medal - WC75 group stage participant

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Ficiscia wrote:If that thread is still active, I'd have a few questions as well...

1) Is there a way of modifying the ice hockey points to the three-point-formula as used in the RL World Cup (win 3 points, OT win 2 points, OT loss 1 point, loss 0 points)?

It must be manually done (See the indoor volleyball in these olympics, where five set matches have to be split 2 points to the winner and 1 point to the loser, instead of 3 points to 0 points)

Ficiscia wrote:3) How can one do a Decathlon? Adding up all points manually? Or is there a way for making xkoranate doing it?

Decathlon is done manually. Probably done on a spreadsheet.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Electrum wrote:
Ficiscia wrote:3) How can one do a Decathlon? Adding up all points manually? Or is there a way for making xkoranate doing it?

Decathlon is done manually. Probably done on a spreadsheet.

As someone who has scorinated and will scorinate decathlon, yes, it's done on a spreadsheet.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Ficiscia wrote:
Koana Islands wrote:0-0's happen quite often in real life. In fact, two weeks ago San Jose beat the Flyers 1-0 in OT and the Blackhawks and Lightning played out a similar scoreline about 6 weeks ago. 1-0 in regulation time is very common, too.

Okay, my reference was the Swiss league as I watch every round there as part of my job, and 0-0 are VERY unusual there... afaik in every European league/World Cup.. also, one two weeks ago ajd one 6 weeks ago doesnt really equal 1 to 3 in EVERY MD, even if the involved teams have an offensive style. I tried doing a re-sim, but that usually just means other teams play 0-0. So, would there actually be a way to change that in the XML od so?

Use Saintland's modifiers. They fix that better I think. But he's not here anymore so hopefully someone has the URL.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,