NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships: The Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:40 pm

First of all, a hearty congratulations to St. Saratoga on your second title in three tournaments!

Secondly, congrats to Cassadaigua on another well run tournament!
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Sarzonia wrote:First of all, a hearty congratulations to St. Saratoga on your second title in three tournaments!

I am in full agreement with both these sentiments.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:36 am

Congrats to St. Saratoga! And great work by Cassadaigua for putting on yet another excellent tournament.

Here are the Official WLC 34 Ranks for our next tournament! We have a new world #1!
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:32 pm

I tried accessing the medal stand and history of the WLC, but the nation has CTE. Cosumar restored it, but didn't respond to a TG I sent him requesting the password.

I'd like to get access to be able to update the information for anyone interested in reading it.

More to the point: I would also like to gauge interest in possibly establishing a constitution for the WLC or at least set up a line of succession after the WLC President.

Right now, with Cosumar CTE and no formal announcement, we either don't have a President or I'm acting in the role. For the sake of establishing some certainty, I'd like to see how we want to move forward.

Soldera
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Soldera » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:17 am

I took a brief look at the WCC constitution for some ideas. I wouldn't intend to have anything as complex as that, but it gave me an idea or two.

For starters, if we have only one Presidential candidate and the majority of votes are in favour of that person becoming President, then how do we decide on a vice president? If there's more than one candidate for President, should we have the second place vote-getter become Vice President?

I'd also like to at least have a small council in place as well with a nomination process and a means by which a player can maintain status on the Council.

Then there's also the matter of what kind of decisions a President or a Council can or should make.

(This is Sarzonia in my Soldera puppet, by the way)
Third Place, World Baseball Classic 53
Fourth place, NS World Cup of Masters IV
Quarterfinalists, Aussie Rules World Cup

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010

Postby St Saratoga » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:
Sarzonia wrote:First of all, a hearty congratulations to St. Saratoga on your second title in three tournaments!

I am in full agreement with both these sentiments.

Banija wrote:Congrats to St. Saratoga! And great work by Cassadaigua for putting on yet another excellent tournament.

Here are the Official WLC 34 Ranks for our next tournament! We have a new world #1!

Thank you all! I’m loving the storyline that’s we have in this tournaments! Looking forward to seeing how they grow!
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:35 am

Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 am

The everything thread has now been updated with the group draw and IC info. Reminder telegrams to participating nations will be sent in a few hours time.

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:00 am

The first cutoff window will start 24 hours from this comment being posted.

A note on style mods - I've seen a lot of you use them in your rosters, and whilst there's nothing wrong with that, xkoranate's lacrosse function does not come with them. So you can RP your teams as being more attacking/defensive but this will not necessarily be reflected in their results.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:59 am

Big congratulations to HUElavia for coming all the way from 39th in the ranks and taking the big-time dub!

The updated rankings are now provided.

And, of course, great work to Jeckland for a smooth, well-run tournament. Until next time!
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:10 am

Ironic how I pass Banija and Baker Park after I fired my coach!

CONGRATULATIONS HUElavia on your first title, and well done Jeckland on running a strong tournament!

Since we've gone the last couple of WLCs without a formal announcement to that effect, I've essentially been working as the de facto WLC president. I'd like to begin to request nominations for President to start their term at the beginning of WLC 35.

In addition, I would also like to propose that if there is more than one candidate, the second placed finisher would serve as vice president if they accept. Otherwise, I propose a similar nomination/voting process for vice president.

Thoughts?

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:33 pm

I concur with the congratulations to HUElavia for their 1st WLC Championship, and thanks to Jeckland for a fantastic tourney. Overall, it was one of the best in terms of participation, and the RP was excellent.

If His Excellency the President has no objection, I will nominate him for another term; I always considered that we'd agreed to his ascension by acclimation and he has done excellent work--I will actually volunteer to serve as VP, so I suppose I am nominating us as a ticket! :bow:

I do wonder how the rankings allowed his Excellency to jump ahead of me as we were joint 6th, and had the same group stage result, but I finished ahead of him.
ADDITIONAL: I perceive that the math that dropped previous tournament results is the factor. Apologies.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010

Postby St Saratoga » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Congrats HUElavia!

Working in electoral politics when this is happening is tough XD, sorry for the lack of roleplay from my end.
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:54 pm

I would be delighted to run for another term as President and I would be thrilled to have Baker Park up for and possibly serving as Vice President.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:44 am

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:I concur with the congratulations to HUElavia for their 1st WLC Championship, and thanks to Jeckland for a fantastic tourney. Overall, it was one of the best in terms of participation, and the RP was excellent.

If His Excellency the President has no objection, I will nominate him for another term; I always considered that we'd agreed to his ascension by acclimation and he has done excellent work--I will actually volunteer to serve as VP, so I suppose I am nominating us as a ticket! :bow:

I do wonder how the rankings allowed his Excellency to jump ahead of me as we were joint 6th, and had the same group stage result, but I finished ahead of him.
ADDITIONAL: I perceive that the math that dropped previous tournament results is the factor. Apologies.

I second the nomination of Sarzonia as President, and the nomination of Baker Park as Vice President.

I also think we should define the length of the term. Standard length is three tournaments right? So through the end of WLC 37 would work?
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:00 am

I'm good with both of those.

Should we have term limits?

I'd suggest drafting a constitution so we can have something in place.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:24 pm

no objections to any of these suggestions.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:33 am

Here are some ideas I have for a constitution. I'd welcome thoughts about any of it and suggested revisions.

World Lacrosse Championships Constitution

Article I: The World Lacrosse Championships shall be governed by a World Lacrosse Council (herinafter referred to as The Council). The Council shall consist of a President, a Vice President, and as many as three Council Members in the first term under this Constitution. The Council may increase to as many as seven additional members in subsequent terms. In subsequent terms, the Council may nominate any active member nation. An active nation shall be considered a player who has posted at least a roster and a roleplay in the most recently completed WLC. An active nation is considered eligible for nomination for Council membership.

Section 2: For the purposes of this Constitution, a term shall be defined as three WLCs operated to completion.

Article II: During the preparation for the tournament prior to the end of a term, the Council shall seek nominations from other Council Members or other active nations for President over the course of one RL week. In the event that more than one player is nominated, there shall be a period of three RL days for an election. The nominee with a majority of votes by active nations and Council Members shall become President as long as a quorum of voters shall have voted. For purposes of this Article, a quorum shall be defined as one more than 50 percent of the active membership as defined in Article I.

Section 2: If neither candidate shall attain such majority, there shall be a runoff election with the top two vote-getters for a period of three RL days. In a run-off election, the option to re-open nominations and/or abstain will not be permitted.

Section 3: The candidate who finishes second in the election for President shall have the option of serving as Vice President. If that candidate declines the option, the President shall nominate a candidate to serve as Vice President.

Section 4: In the event that only one candidate is nominated for President, the election would be to install that candidate as President or re-open the nomination process. In the event that candidate is elected President, they shall nominate a candidate to serve as Vice President.

Section 5: No person may serve more than two non-consecutive terms as President. However, they may remain on the Council or serve as Vice President, and would be eligible to re-ascend to the Presidency.

Article III: In the event of the departure of the President from the forums, the Vice President shall become President with immediate effect. If the President does not return to the forums without contact or prior announcement after three RL weeks, the Vice President shall serve as President. Any Vice President who becomes President under this Article shall nominate one candidate to serve as Vice President.

Section 2: In the event both the President and the Vice President depart the game with or without an announcement and do not nominate a successor, the Council shall elect a President from among its ranks. Such elected President shall then nominate a Vice President.

Article IV: The President shall be responsible for initiating signups and soliciting host bids for the WLC. Upon receipt of a minimum of one hosting bid, the President shall, at their discretion, determine when host bids shall close and then call for a vote among the active membership. Once a host is elected, the President shall turn the administration of the tournament over to the host nation, who shall have final authority over the operation of the tournament.

Section 2: The President shall determine how to proceed in the event of the abandonment of hosting duties by the host nation, and shall convene the council in the event of emergencies involving an in progress tournament. In the event of malfeasance or nonfeasance on the part of the host nation, the President shall have discretion to take whatever actions are necessary to preserve the integrity of the tournament, up to and including requiring the host to relinquish hosting duties.

Article V: The President, the Vice President, and any Council Member may be impeached by the announcement of the same by one Council Member and the second of a Council Member. The Council shall then try the Member over the course of one RL week, and the entire Council save the accusing Members and the accused shall vote on whether or not to remove the impeached member. A two-thirds majority of Council Membership shall be required to remove a Council Member from that role.

Section 2: In the event a Council Member is impeached, they are required to remain off the Council until the conclusion of the term. They would be eligible to return to the Council for the following term. However, in the event the Council is satisfied that the conditions causing impeachment have been removed, the Council may by simple majority vote to readmit the removed Member.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:09 am

Sarzonia wrote:Here are some ideas I have for a constitution. I'd welcome thoughts about any of it and suggested revisions.

Article I: The World Lacrosse Championships shall be governed by a World Lacrosse Council (herinafter referred to as The Council). The Council shall consist of a President, a Vice President, and as many as three Council Members in the first term under this Constitution. The Council may increase to as many as seven additional members in subsequent terms. In subsequent terms, the Council may nominate any active member nation. An active nation shall be considered a player who has posted at least a roster and a roleplay in the most recently completed WLC. An active nation is considered eligible for nomination for Council membership.

I don't like this article. I do not understand why we are only allowing "as many as three council members" after the President and the VP. The World Lacrosse Championships is a smaller tournament, despite having as many editions as we have seen. We should not have a restrictive council, if the nation has posted a roster and a RP, then they should be a part of the council; not just nominated as a possibility to be on it. If we end up with 10-12 or more council members, I don't see the problem with that.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Cassadaigua wrote:
Sarzonia wrote:Here are some ideas I have for a constitution. I'd welcome thoughts about any of it and suggested revisions.

I don't like this article. I do not understand why we are only allowing "as many as three council members" after the President and the VP. The World Lacrosse Championships is a smaller tournament, despite having as many editions as we have seen. We should not have a restrictive council, if the nation has posted a roster and a RP, then they should be a part of the council; not just nominated as a possibility to be on it. If we end up with 10-12 or more council members, I don't see the problem with that.

I think I have to agree. We've been allowing anyone who signed up and had participated in a previous edition to vote on a host. I don't think that should change. Even the WCC allows for any active member to have voice on host selection.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:32 pm

I haven't gotten to host voting because I wanted to give discretion to the person running sign-ups, but I definitely want anyone who has signed up for the WLC by the time we vote on hosts to be eligible to vote for the host.

That includes people who signed up for the WLC for the first time.

Thank you for the feedback so far. The more input we get, the better we get a Constitution that serves us all well.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Here is the proposed Constitution with feedback from Cassadaigua and Baker Park taken into consideration.

Article I: The World Lacrosse Championships shall be governed by a World Lacrosse Council (herinafter referred to as The Council). The Council shall consist of a President, a Vice President, and active nations. An active nation shall be considered a player who has posted at least a roster and a roleplay in the most recently completed WLC.

Section 2: For the purposes of this Constitution, a term shall be defined as three WLCs operated to completion.

Article II: During the preparation for the tournament prior to the end of a term, the Council shall seek nominations for President over the course of one RL week. In the event that more than one player is nominated, there shall be a period of three RL days for an election. The nominee with a majority of votes by active nations shall become President as long as a quorum of voters shall have voted. For the purposes of this Article, a quorum shall be defined as one more than 50 percent of the active membership as defined in Article I.

Section 2: If neither candidate shall attain such majority, there shall be a runoff election with the top two vote-getters for a period of three RL days. In a run-off election, the option to re-open nominations and/or abstain will not be permitted.

Section 3: The candidate who finishes second in the election for President shall have the option of serving as Vice President. If that candidate declines the option, the President shall nominate a candidate to serve as Vice President.

Section 4: In the event that only one candidate is nominated for President, the election would be to install that candidate as President or re-open the nomination process. In the event that candidate is elected President, they shall nominate a candidate to serve as Vice President.

Section 5: No person may serve more than two consecutive terms as President. However, they may remain on the Council or serve as Vice President, and would be eligible to re-ascend to the Presidency. (NOTE: non-consecutive really doesn't make sense here, and I meant consecutive terms.)

Article III: In the event of the departure of the President from the forums, the Vice President shall become President with immediate effect. If the President does not return to the forums without contact or prior announcement after three RL weeks, the Vice President shall serve as President. Any Vice President who becomes President under this Article shall nominate one candidate to serve as Vice President.

Section 2: In the event both the President and the Vice President depart the game with or without an announcement and do not nominate a successor, the Council shall elect a President from among its ranks. Such elected President shall then nominate a Vice President.

Article IV: The President shall be responsible for initiating signups and soliciting host bids for the WLC. Upon receipt of a minimum of one hosting bid, the President shall, at their discretion, determine when host bids shall close and then call for a vote among the active membership. Once a host is elected, the President shall turn the administration of the tournament over to the host nation, who shall have final authority over the operation of the tournament.

Section 2: The President shall determine how to proceed in the event of the abandonment of hosting duties by the host nation, and shall convene the Council in the event of emergencies involving an in progress tournament. In the event of malfeasance or nonfeasance on the part of the host nation, the President shall have discretion to take whatever actions are necessary to preserve the integrity of the tournament, up to and including requiring the host to relinquish hosting duties.

Article V: The President and/or the Vice President may be impeached by the announcement of the same by one active nation and the second of an active nation. The members shall then try the officer over the course of one RL week, and the entire roster of active nations save the accusing members and the accused shall vote on whether or not to remove the impeached member. A two-thirds majority of active nations shall be required to remove an officer from that role.

Section 2: In the event an officer is impeached, they are required to remain off the Council until the conclusion of the term. They would be eligible to return to the Council for the following term. However, in the event the Council is satisfied that the conditions causing impeachment have been removed, the Council may by simple majority vote to readmit the removed Member.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:24 pm

I apologize that I've not replied to this before now.

I also appreciate the President has considered the input and submitted a draft Constitution that seems to be appropriate for the current status of the WLC.

I propose that the Constitution be adopted, by vote of all current WLC members--barring further discussion/input--no earlier than August 21st.

I also propose that the previously proposed election of President (and/or Vice President) take place at that time.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:05 am

I second the proposal by our esteemed member and welcome further discussion or questions

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:26 am

I see I forgot to add a provision to amend the constitution, so here is a proposal:

Article VI: Amendments may be proposed by any Council member as defined above when deemed necessary. Each proposed Amendment receiving the publicly announced support of two other Council members shall go through a period of three RL days of discussion and potential revision.

Section 2: After the period of discussion, the proposed Amendment shall put before the full Council for a vote lasting for one RL week. Any proposed Amendment receiving two thirds of all votes cast in favour provided that a quorum of Council members votes shall be adopted.

Section 3: Any proposed Amendment receiving a two thirds vote in favour would be automatically adopted.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports