NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships: The Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:08 am

World Lacrosse Championships wrote:Updated rankings now available

...And if anyone else is thinking about hosting WLC 30, let's try to get that bid up this week.

Huzzah! We're #20!! :clap:
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

World Lacrosse Championships
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby World Lacrosse Championships » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 am

Discussion Thread | Friendly Thread | Official WLC Rankings (post-41) | History

Currently controlled by Commonwealth of Baker Park. Direct all telegrams to that nation.

Velestria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Velestria » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello all,
Recently my home life has come under extreme duress, resulting in a rise in domestic abuse for myself and occupants within my home. I am also within counseling for my suicidal tendencies and have found it harder to do many things considered "normal". This has resulted in a decrease in my rps, mainly related to football competitions, I'd like to apologize for any problems I may have caused. Thus due to this I will be withdrawing my host bid for the WLC.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

~ Kep
CROWN FEDERATION OF VELESTRIA & THE JA'BARILANDS & GRIERWOOD & THE LOTUS KEYES
Sporting World Cup 6 champion
Trigram: VLZ | Demonym: Lotish | Capital: Southampshire | Leader: Statminister Winfrey Godsend | Newswire

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Velestria wrote:Hello all,
Recently my home life has come under extreme duress, resulting in a rise in domestic abuse for myself and occupants within my home. I am also within counseling for my suicidal tendencies and have found it harder to do many things considered "normal". This has resulted in a decrease in my rps, mainly related to football competitions, I'd like to apologize for any problems I may have caused. Thus due to this I will be withdrawing my host bid for the WLC.

~ Kep

My prayers go out to you man- that's an awful situation.

GOd bless and good luck!
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 pm

~ Kep

Please let us know if there is anything we can do

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:48 pm

~ Kep

One must never apologize for real life situations on a game forum, you're physical and mental health always outweighs some fictional tournament.

Since for some reason I now have found that NS can be fun again and I can juggle my City Skylines, Planet Coaster addiction on top of my boring work life, I might revive this old thing after the WLC 30. For those who don't know, I started a one time WLC version of the Cup of Harmony(not WLC sanctioned), for those who didn't medal and actually rped to medal(unlike me obviously*shiny silver though*)
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Cassadaigua wrote:Format Overview: 28 teams, four groups of seven. Double Round Robin, home and away fixtures.

Good lord this will be the longest edition ever, 12 MDs! You get extra points from me, i've always liked editions that had more than one round robin. I do feel(if my memory serves correct) that some thought triple round robin with groups of four during my 22nd hosting was long.
Last edited by New West Guiana on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:54 pm

[url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35088013#p35088013]Cutoff Information[.url] for the IDLO.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:04 pm

I've been offline more than on over the last few days, but I do have a question for Cassidaigua about the format--for RP purposes, will the matchdays be considered fairly close together (2 per IC week or some other timeframe) or will this be something that will go on for an IC month or more like the WBC? Not the actual storylines per se, but I'm wondering how I want to approach the number of venues I'll use, how to keep the WLC and the Olympics separated, etc. Obviously, like everything else, the RP is in the eyes of the writer, but even a really general framework would help.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:17 am

New West Guiana wrote:
Cassadaigua wrote:Format Overview: 28 teams, four groups of seven. Double Round Robin, home and away fixtures.

Good lord this will be the longest edition ever, 12 MDs! You get extra points from me, i've always liked editions that had more than one round robin. I do feel(if my memory serves correct) that some thought triple round robin with groups of four during my 22nd hosting was long.

Thanks, I like qualifying to be a little longer.

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:I've been offline more than on over the last few days, but I do have a question for Cassidaigua about the format--for RP purposes, will the matchdays be considered fairly close together (2 per IC week or some other timeframe) or will this be something that will go on for an IC month or more like the WBC? Not the actual storylines per se, but I'm wondering how I want to approach the number of venues I'll use, how to keep the WLC and the Olympics separated, etc. Obviously, like everything else, the RP is in the eyes of the writer, but even a really general framework would help.

This is at your discretion. You can roleplay them being two weeks/one week apart. or one/two days apart. ICly , I would say every three days would be a good guide point, but no one would be held to that.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:26 am

Cassadaigua wrote:
New West Guiana wrote:

That's a good timeframe to work with for me. Thanks.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:39 am

New year, new lacrosse tournament.

Don't forget that we start today!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:26 am

Clearly I rushed to check the schedule while hurrying to post the massive Olympiad roster & intro RP combination. Plus wishful thinking.. Still working on the Olympiad rosters.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 am

Apologies for not having been able to RP the WLCs, and for being late on the IDLO.

About to be out of state, but expect the IDLO to come to you Monday at the latest. My sincerest apologies for the wait. And after that, expect much more active participation from me in the WLCs. Can't just let Cass & Vang coast, can I? ;)
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:02 pm

I just completely forgot about this until just a couple of days ago and really only got a chance to get to the computer to write the last couple of posts today.

I'll do better next time, even if I have to RP using my mobile phone again. :lol:
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Wrexwic
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrexwic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Yeah, I'm assuming different timelines, but this fits perfectly with fluid time. The conversation can still be seen happening in my Olympiad timeline. I'm glad they reached that squad's attention though. The funny part is how much of a hard time they're giving VMR drivers.

Also, I'm sorry I haven't been posting with Wrexwic. I think I should get on that.
Last edited by Wrexwic on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rough Neighborhood & Scrappy Colony of the Vannish Empire

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 am

Wrexwic wrote:Yeah, I'm assuming different timelines, but this fits perfectly with fluid time. The conversation can still be seen happening in my Olympiad timeline. I'm glad they reached that squad's attention though. The funny part is how much of a hard time they're giving VMR drivers.

Glad you liked it, I wasn't planning on doing much with this nation but I when I get started with it, I usually don't stop!

Good to see Banija and Sarzonia coming back. It's a long campaign so plenty of time to get back in it!
*\o/* Cheerleading obsessed puppet of Cassadaigua *\o/*

(No IC connection between the two)

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am

Well one of my goals this edition have been completed and that is beating Cosumar.
Domestic sports leagues

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Another season of the IDLO is in the books. Feedback, both positive and negative, of course, is always welcome. My apologies that it took so long- my schedule ended up being more packed than I thought it would be.

It will take me a bit of time to get to ranks- probably not until the end of next week is when I'll have them all done.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Velestria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Velestria » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 am

Hello, started my first few rehab sessions they have gone well. I truly apologize for my zero rp this tournament, hopefully I’ll be able to rp something this tournament it’s a struggle in RL right now and I’m probably making it hard to rp games against me in my group apologies.
- Kep
CROWN FEDERATION OF VELESTRIA & THE JA'BARILANDS & GRIERWOOD & THE LOTUS KEYES
Sporting World Cup 6 champion
Trigram: VLZ | Demonym: Lotish | Capital: Southampshire | Leader: Statminister Winfrey Godsend | Newswire

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:25 am

My nation is on a different timeline from many. I see no reason why this WLC should be happening at the same time of the Olympics. Even if we were considering each event current, this Olympiad would have been last summer. I just don't see a major international tournament competing with the Olympiad for space. It would be terrible marketing. Time is fluid in NS, so my same players are here and the Olympiad. I simply don't see these taking place at the same time. So just stand by for that monkey wrench when you see my Olympiad RPs.

I see lacrosse as a spring sport, which could have me place WLC 30 months before XIII Olympiad.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Should West Phoenicia be playing New West Guiana in the first round as we were in the same grouping/pool

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:42 am

West Phoenicia wrote:Should West Phoenicia be playing New West Guiana in the first round as we were in the same grouping/pool

The competition is using straight seeding based on records in qualifying, so it was possible for teams in the same group to be playing each other now. Your matchup is correct.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Vangaziland wrote:Both teams played Group 3. For this reason, less players went to see the match between Cassadaigua and Alpine Union.

??? No love for Baker Park? ;)
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:06 pm

I've been rushing because somebody is keeping up the pace of Olympiad posting. :lol:
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports