NATION

PASSWORD

I World Games—signup/discussion thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:57 am

Thank you for the event Commerce Heights, I really enjoyed it! I'm working on the final RP post, it takes a lot more time than my NSG posts, but hopefully I'll be done soon :D
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:46 am

My compliments on a well-run event. (As if anyone expected anything else.) I see something like your day-to-day calendar as a standard to which major multi-sport events should aspire. (The Olympics would run into the issues of character limits and sheer size, but it's still worth a look even there.)

I appreciated the subtlety with the medal table as well -- maintaining the institution, which has popular support, but downgrading the whole concept of national ranking by alphabetising it.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks Commerce Heights for hosting the World Games! :D

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks Commerce Heights for hosting the World Games! I fink we should have some 2 World games in 2 or 3 months.
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Miley World wrote:Thanks Commerce Heights for hosting the World Games! I fink we should have some 2 World games in 2 or 3 months.

Uhm.. Sorry Miley, that's a little bit too soon.. It will probably be something like the NS Olympics..

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 pm

How do yalls like:

Summer=Olympics
Fall=WG
Winter=Winter Olympics
Spring=Winter WG

:)
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Homelands our
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Carmadin wrote:How do yalls like:

Summer=Olympics
Fall=WG
Winter=Winter Olympics
Spring=Winter WG

That's what it should be
Join us in NSSport
Ranked 99 in football (soccer)
created the quall cup
3rd in quall cup 2 and quall cup 3
Follow the HOSL on the IDSN thread

Miley World
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Chenkorya wrote:
Miley World wrote:Thanks Commerce Heights for hosting the World Games! I fink we should have some 2 World games in 2 or 3 months.

Uhm.. Sorry Miley, that's a little bit too soon.. It will probably be something like the NS Olympics..

Sorry I'm still a newbie in NS Sports, I thought it was like the World Cup (the World Cup is every 2-3 months I think?). I'm ok with Carmadin's proposal finally.
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Carmadin wrote:How do yalls like:

Summer=Olympics
Fall=WG
Winter=Winter Olympics
Spring=Winter WG

I think that would be excellent..... I proposed that to Commerce Heights (Which btw, I haven't congratulated for the event...... Great Games :clap: )
But, we got to the conclusion that maybe there are not enough sports to make a Winter version of the WG.

So far, we would have (based on the demonstration sports at the RL Winter Olympics):

*Bandy
*Ice Stock Sport
*Ski-Acro
*Skijöring
*Sled Dog Racing
*Speed Skiing
*Winter Pentathlon

But with the current version of xkoranate (0.3.2), so far, the last two sports mentioned could be done.

If we want to open a version of WWG (Winter World Games), Commerce Heights might have to do the program for the above sports. And if possible, proposing or finding more sports.

What do you think?
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 pm

*this is not a joke*

we could have snowball fighting,like paintball

and sledding
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Carmadin wrote:*this is not a joke*

and sledding

I agree on that.
Plus, I think i'd be cool if we invented new winter sports

Homelands our
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm

and sledding

Also as seen on top gear we could have
Car ice hockey just the dames as normal ice hockey but with a giant ball and players drive cars
Join us in NSSport
created the quall cup

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Homelands our wrote:

and sledding

Also as seen on top gear we could have
Car ice hockey just the dames as normal ice hockey but with a giant ball and players drive cars

motors arent allowed
Euskirribakondara wrote:

and sledding

I agree on that.

Imma invent idividual and team sports
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Carmadin wrote:
Homelands our wrote:Also as seen on top gear we could have

motors arent allowed
Euskirribakondara wrote:
I agree on that.

That's the attitude Carmadin! 8)
I'll invent some, too.... Maybe a Winter Basque Pelota thing or sth....

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Carmadin wrote:

motors arent allowed

That's the attitude Carmadin! 8)
I'll invent some, too.... Maybe a Winter Basque Pelota thing or sth....

Interesting :)

i have no ideas at all :p

ill think of something!

Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Miley World
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Well, when I thik about it, Miley World wouldn't participate in a lot of winter sports. I role play with a climate similar to Florida (without the hurricanes) and hockey is popular here but it's almost the only winter sport they know in Miley World. We don't have any skiing resorts or bobsleight tracks ect. And from that list posted by Euskirribakondara, I think we could only send a Bandy team. Skijoring and sled dog racing sounds fun though.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Miley World wrote:Well, when I thik about it, Miley World wouldn't participate in a lot of winter sports. I role play with a climate similar to Florida (without the hurricanes) and hockey is popular here but it's almost the only winter sport they know in Miley World. We don't have any skiing resorts or bobsleight tracks ect. And from that list posted by Euskirribakondara, I think we could only send a Bandy team. Skijoring and sled dog racing sounds fun though.

You could do what many tropical countries do in the RL Olympics...... it's athletes that have foreign connections, and that practice sports out of that country.

For example... Tina Cyrus, a woman that lives in Euskirribakondara, and in EUS she practices winter sports. And now, she'll compete in the Winter World Games representing her country! And you could use that weird story for an RP or something...

The possibilities are endless

Thatius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 pm

And you can coordinate efforts with other nations to sponsor your athletes while they train abroad. For example, my nation has a varying climate, but in the center of the country is a city that has a great sports facility for winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, etc.) and so my brother (Ithadi) and I are going to coordinate cross-RP's where he sends his athletes to Thatius before the Olympics in order to let them have some practice. Just tons of possibilities to write about, even if your nation doesn't really have snow.

Gives you the chance to connect with other RP'ers and create your story as well.
Last edited by Thatius on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Sounds fun:)

i wish my bro (salchar) rpd:(

but anyhoos,could we not have an ice skating equivelant to roller derby?
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Carmadin wrote:Sounds fun:)

i wish my bro (salchar) rpd:(

but anyhoos,could we not have an ice skating equivelant to roller derby?

Then I'll be your brother here!

And I support the roller derby

Thatius wrote:And you can coordinate efforts with other nations to sponsor your athletes while they train abroad. For example, my nation has a varying climate, but in the center of the country is a city that has a great sports facility for winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, etc.) and so my brother (Ithadi) and I are going to coordinate cross-RP's where he sends his athletes to Thatius before the Olympics in order to let them have some practice. Just tons of possibilities to write about, even if your nation doesn't really have snow.

Gives you the chance to connect with other RP'ers and create your story as well.

And I want to connect with you too, Thatius

Miley World
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Miley World wrote:Well, when I thik about it, Miley World wouldn't participate in a lot of winter sports. I role play with a climate similar to Florida (without the hurricanes) and hockey is popular here but it's almost the only winter sport they know in Miley World. We don't have any skiing resorts or bobsleight tracks ect. And from that list posted by Euskirribakondara, I think we could only send a Bandy team. Skijoring and sled dog racing sounds fun though.

You could do what many tropical countries do in the RL Olympics...... it's athletes that have foreign connections, and that practice sports out of that country.

For example... Tina Cyrus, a woman that lives in Euskirribakondara, and in EUS she practices winter sports. And now, she'll compete in the Winter World Games representing her country! And you could use that weird story for an RP or something...

That's a good idea, I'll probably make up some athletes who are training in Euskirribakondara or Thatius if you both agree with that.

Thatius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:36 am

Miley World wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:

That's a good idea, I'll probably make up some athletes who are training in Euskirribakondara or Thatius if you both agree with that.

Sure. :)

I'm going to be posting a Thatius Domestic Sports thread soon, which will have all news, events, and scores for my nation included on it (except for things going on in different threads like the World Cup.) It will also include RP's that my brother and I will be doing. For example, my brother wants to do an RP about the up-coming Winter Olympics, and since his nation doesn't have snow, he'll post about how his athletes are traveling to Thatius to train. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to post on the thread once it's up.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:07 am

Heres a list of possible WWG sports i got:

Snowball Fighting (think paintball)
Snowboarding Events(any skiing events,on snowboards)

Moguls
Downhill
Alpine
Nordic Combined
Slalom
Super-G
Super Combined
Snowboard Jump
Cross-Country Snowboarding :?:
Snowboard Biathlon :?:

Snow Tubing Events :?:

Tobboganning (sledding)

Ice Derby (roller derby on ice skates)
River Skating (ice skating marathon)

feedback/approvals/oh-god-please-nos welcome :p
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Homelands our
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:35 am

Carmadin wrote:Heres a list of possible WWG sports i got:

Snowball Fighting (think paintball)
Snowboarding Events(any skiing events,on snowboards)

Moguls
Downhill
Alpine
Nordic Combined
Slalom
Super-G
Super Combined
Snowboard Jump
Cross-Country Snowboarding :?:
Snowboard Biathlon :?:

Snow Tubing Events :?:

Tobboganning (sledding)

Ice Derby (roller derby on ice skates)
River Skating (ice skating marathon)

feedback/approvals/oh-god-please-nos welcome :p

Marathon with ice skating at halfway (on ice)
Ice survival
Tree chopping
Tree climbing
Ice modelling
Join us in NSSport
created the quall cup

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:51 am

Homelands our wrote:Marathon with ice skating at halfway (on ice)
Ice survival
Tree chopping
Tree climbing
Ice modelling

can you elaborate?:)
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports