NATION

PASSWORD

I World Games—signup/discussion thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Homelands our
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Carmadin wrote:
Homelands our wrote:
Marathon with ice skating at halfway (on ice)
Ice survival
Tree chopping
Tree climbing
Ice modelling

can you elaborate?:)

Ice survival-players would spend as long as they can out in the open snow in they'er countries national soccer team kit they can quit at any time last player left wins
Example results
1.john brown 3:23
2.Sean Barry 3:22
3.Michael grevei 3:14
4.James ba 2:44
5.Andrew agg 2:10

1.Lewis hapo 4:45
2.Ricardo miach 4:44
3.andy wikier 3:59
4.Roger nap 3:23
5.Rhys mcfadude 2:56

Tree chopping-the player to chop his tree the fastest wins

Tree climbing-the player to climb a tree the fastest wins

Forget the other two :)
Join us in NSSport
Ranked 99 in football (soccer)
created the quall cup
3rd in quall cup 2 and quall cup 3
Follow the HOSL on the IDSN thread

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Homelands our wrote:
Carmadin wrote:
can you elaborate?:)

Ice survival-players would spend as long as they can out in the open snow in they'er countries national soccer team kit they can quit at any time last player left wins
Example results
1.john brown 3:23
2.Sean Barry 3:22
3.Michael grevei 3:14
4.James ba 2:44
5.Andrew agg 2:10

1.Lewis hapo 4:45
2.Ricardo miach 4:44
3.andy wikier 3:59
4.Roger nap 3:23
5.Rhys mcfadude 2:56

Tree chopping-the player to chop his tree the fastest wins

Tree climbing-the player to climb a tree the fastest wins

Forget the other two :)

Ice modelling could be done, and qualified with jury points (scorinated like artistic skating, maybe).
And the marathon too!

Btw, if we can do WWG, I want to bid to host it :).
Let's just hope that Commerce Heights agrees to make the programs to scorinate these sports
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Synchronized skating?
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Carmadin wrote:Synchronized skating?

That sounds great! It'd be an event in the Artistic Skating sport programme.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Winter Triathlon

Carmadin was appointed to create individual and team sports for the I Winter World Games,and,on the Individual field,we feel we have come through quite well.

Reconignizing the winter sports of River Skating, Cross-Country Skiing, and Snowshoeing(ooc:can we include Snowshoeing events?), we have combined these into the Winter Triathlon

Beggining with Snowshoeing through forest or woods, competitiors will emerge to travel the considerably more packed snow of the Cross-Country ski course. The skiing takes them to a river,where they will lace up and cross the finish line on blades

Feedback Welcome:)
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Would totally be up for doing another world games summer session in the future. This looks like it was very well-done!
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:03 am

Okay,so just a recap,possible WWG events are:

The Original List by Euskirribakondara
Snowball Fighting
Snowboarding Events
Snowshoeing Events
Artistic Skating
River Skating
Ice Derby
Ice Modelling
Ice Survival
Winter Triathlon

I think Commerce Heights should have the final say as to the final events list :)
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 am

What about ski cross (basically ski racing)?
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 am

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:What about ski cross (basically ski racing)?

itd on the RL olympic programme,dunno bout NS ;)
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:34 pm

I think a Winter World Games is completely unnecessary for two reasons: that, there being no limit on the number of athletes and sports at the RL Olympic Winter Games, nearly every widely-practiced winter sport is represented there; and that, the Olympic Winter Games being much smaller and simpler than the Games of the Olympiad, any other winter sports that attract significant interest can be held as demonstration events at the Olympic Winter Games without placing a great burden on the host(s). Padding the event list with made-up and quite ridiculous events does nothing to make a Winter World Games more worthwhile; arguably, it does the opposite. Though the I World Games program contained some less-popular events (e.g., fin swimming, lifesaving), they were bundled with a number of well-known sports (e.g., baseball, bowling, golf, and various codes of football) that would otherwise be prime candidates for demonstration events at the Games of the Olympiad, and those were the reason for having the World Games.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Alright,CH,ill give you that some of the events were borderline ridiculous (and some crossed the border),but id still love to see a WWG

:)
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Carmadin wrote:Alright,CH,ill give you that some of the events were borderline ridiculous (and some crossed the border),but id still love to see a WWG

Why?
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Carmadin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Krytenia wrote:
Carmadin wrote:Alright,CH,ill give you that some of the events were borderline ridiculous (and some crossed the border),but id still love to see a WWG

Why?

Well,i love obscure sports,and thats essentialy the definition of the WG

and the summer WG went so well,even if there were only around 20 events,i think a WWG would be successfull
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports