NATION

PASSWORD

Bazalonia/Cafundéu - hosting bid for World Cup 47

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Cafundeu
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Bazalonia/Cafundéu - hosting bid for World Cup 47

Postby Cafundeu » Tue May 26, 2009 6:45 pm

BAZALONIA AND CAFUNDÉU
Hosting bid for World Cup 47

-----> Scorinator to be Used: World Cup 36 scorinator. Cafundéu used this scorinator in WC36, WC42, CoH31, CoH36 and BoF30, and this scorinator was also used in World Cup 39.

-----> Group Format (qualifiers): as the qualifying format depends on the number of sign-ups, there isn't a strict format to be pursued. But preferred ones involve 10, 12 or 15 groups, with 6 or 8 countries in each of them.

Tiebreaking criteria, in order: points; number of wins; goal difference; head-to-head results; goals scored; playoff game.

Style Modifiers: teams will be allowed to have style modifiers ranging from -3 to +3.

-----> RP Bonus: using the WC36 scorinator, the RP bonus will be determined by two factors: the frequency of the posts and their quality (four levels of RP quality). The RP bonus works increasing a team's KPB points. The bonus can give more chances to weaker teams against superpowers, and can be decisive in close games. The bonus will be the same of WC42.

-----> Scorination Time: the games will be scorinated in the time zone between 01:00 and 03:00 GMT (both hosts will scorinate at approximately the same time).

-----> Previous Experience: Bazalonia hosted World Cup 35; Baptisms of Fire 16, 18, 20, 25 (as The Mice of Miceland) and 29 (as Yafalonia and Bazor 2); and Cups of Harmony 24 and 29. Cafundéu hosted World Cups 36 and 42; Baptisms of Fire 21 and 30; and Cups of Harmony 31 and 36 (also, hosted the 8th Women's World Cup). So, both are very experienced nations in hosting.

Additional info about the countries to come in extra posts. Feel free to post questions or comments.
Last edited by Cafundeu on Tue May 26, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monopolists' Sport Achievements:
World Cup Committee President (WCs 55-57)
Cup of Harmony 27 and 48 Champions; World Cup 44 runner-ups

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions
DBC 16; OFC6; AOCAF27/30 runner-ups; Q-Cup 2 and Women's World Cup 11 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance
Hosted: WWC8; BoF21 (WC34); BoF30 (WC43); BoF37 (WC50); CoH31; CoH36
HOST OF WORLD CUP 36, WORLD CUP 42, WORLD CUP 48, WORLD CUP 52 AND WORLD CUP 57

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Re: Bazalonia/Cafundéu - hosting bid for World Cup 47

Postby The Macabees » Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 am

A couple of questions:

1. For those of us who don't remember/know what scorinator was used for WC36, what's the difference between that scorinator and the scorinator being used for the current WC46?

2. What do you mean by RP frequency? As in, reliability or number of posts per match day? For example (matchday:post): what would gain more points, 1:1 or 1:3?

Thanks.

[EDIT: Oh yes, Atlético de Madrid might be interested in signing Elías from Corinthians.]
Last edited by The Macabees on Fri May 29, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Daehanjeiguk
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Daehanjeiguk » Fri May 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Will Bazalonia receive the privileged co-host tax-exemption?

Is Cafundeu taxing the number of questions asked in this thread to our nation's accounts?

If so, is there a way to work them out by asking more questions?

If not, is there a way we can blackmail you into not making us pay your taxes?

More seriously, will Cafundeu play Valanora in Cafundeu despite the existing blacklisting thingy?

What is your policy concerning annoying RPers?

Who's the cuter host? Bazalonia or Cafundeu?

Would you mind if I started to market Baz-Cafe-brand coffee as the official coffee of World Cup 47?

More seriously still, how will hosts be ranked for the World Cup Group Draw? According to their rank, or as top seeds?
Also, will the World Cup proper use post WC46 (plus BoF) ranks or post-WC47Q ranks?

For the tiebreaker, will the play-off game be a two-legged fixture or a single-fixture at a neutral venue?

Will Bazalonia let me ruin his kumquats?

Feel free to answer as many of these questions as please you.
IFL
BoF23 |DBC5
WC46(2nd)/52,53(R4)/42,44,49(R8)/39,43,45,47(R16)/40,41,50,51(G)
Host - OFC|CoH31|BoF28|WC41|CoH37 (as Allemenschen)|DBC12
RPs
Active: Reopening Old Wounds
Inactive: n/a/

Inventor of tl;dr

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Fri May 29, 2009 2:57 pm

The Macabees wrote:1. For those of us who don't remember/know what scorinator was used for WC36, what's the difference between that scorinator and the scorinator being used for the current WC46?

The World Cup 36 spreadsheet uses the same formula as was used in xkoranate for World Cups 45 and 46, except for the style modifiers, which are “broken” in the WC36 spreadsheet, much like NSFS.

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Fri May 29, 2009 6:54 pm

The Macabees wrote:A couple of questions:

2. What do you mean by RP frequency? As in, reliability or number of posts per match day? For example (matchday:post): what would gain more points, 1:1 or 1:3?

Thanks.

[EDIT: Oh yes, Atlético de Madrid might be interested in signing Elías from Corinthians.]

As the first question had already been answered by CH, I'll get to the second one. The RP frequency will be calculated in number of matchdays RPed. If a country has posted two or more RPs during a single matchday (between MD3 and MD4, for example), all these posts will be analyzed as if they were just a single RP containing all that was written in them. So, the RP frequency is the comparison between the number of MDs that have happened and the number of MDs the country has RPed. In your example, the only difference between the RP points of the teams would be if their RPs would be put in different levels of quality, as both have RPed in the matchday (so the frequency would be the same).

[Rumours happen everytime, we're used to it. I've heard some about Elias lately... every (or nearly) player has a price, so there is always the possibility]

Daehanjeiguk wrote:Will Bazalonia receive the privileged co-host tax-exemption?

There is no such thing! How can someone avoid costs involving Cafundéu?

Is Cafundeu taxing the number of questions asked in this thread to our nation's accounts?

You have just spoiled the surprise...

If so, is there a way to work them out by asking more questions?

Is there a way to have more costs by asking more questions, only this.

More seriously, will Cafundeu play Valanora in Cafundeu despite the existing blacklisting thingy?

Well, we'd let them play in Cafundéu without problems, as they'd have to go to our country, instead of we having to enter their country. If they'll want, this is another story.

What is your policy concerning annoying RPers?

Well, our intention is to make RPers that ask too many questions be considered as CTE nations at the end of the qualifying stage to eliminate them from the competition... hmm, maybe that would be considered against WCC-rules... oh well, we'll just ignore them, then. So we'll judge only the RPs, not the RPers.

More seriously still, how will hosts be ranked for the World Cup Group Draw? According to their rank, or as top seeds?

I haven't discussed this with Baz, but the intention is to put them as top seeds.

Also, will the World Cup proper use post WC46 (plus BoF) ranks or post-WC47Q ranks?

Post-qualifiers.

For the tiebreaker, will the play-off game be a two-legged fixture or a single-fixture at a neutral venue?

Single-fixture, without the need of an adding matchday (it will be done together with the last matchday).

Feel free to answer as many of these questions as please you

You'll notice some were left unanswered.
Last edited by Cafundeu on Fri May 29, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance

Bazalonia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazalonia » Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Daehanjeiguk wrote:Will Bazalonia receive the privileged co-host tax-exemption?
Generally mute as in I'd bet my house (If I'd have one) about the Bazalopes staying in Bazalonia

Who's the cuter host? Bazalonia or Cafundeu?
Depends on your definition of cute, and considering neither of us has seen each other. Who knows

Would you mind if I started to market Baz-Cafe-brand coffee as the official coffee of World Cup 47?

Yes, I already have BazCafe (mock of NesCafe)

What, serious questions? I'm shocked!

*dies from 3 serious questions in a row*

Will Bazalonia let me ruin his kumquats?

Yes, but only by me throwing them at you.

EDIT: I'm confirming what Caf in regards to the serious questions.
Last edited by Bazalonia on Fri May 29, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bazalonia.bz: For all your Bazalonian Government needs
Bazalonia, my characters, my settings - A Blog

* Han has an utter sinking feeling that details of this are going to surreptitiously slip out into someone's siggy...
<Han> so let's hope it's neither precognitive nor self-fulfilling...

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat May 30, 2009 9:34 pm

The esteemed member of Qazox has the floor:

Our questions:

First: Considering we have almost 100 signups (not including the hosts) what are your plans on the number of groups/number of teams in a group?

Second (or third): If there are enough groups to allow either the top two/top three to advance, there would be no playoffs, correct? Or are the playoffs still in the plans?

Third (or fifth): Can you throw me a bone and just let me get to the semis, just once, preferably against Prux or taeshan? My nation of 7.26 billion is dying for a WC title and not to mention, you don't want me breaking Total N Utter Insanity's record now do you? (or Audioslavia's) :roll:
Last edited by Qazox on Sat May 30, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Bazalonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bazalonia » Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 am

Cafundeu wrote:-----> Group Format (qualifiers): as the qualifying format depends on the number of sign-ups, there isn't a strict format to be pursued. But preferred ones involve 10, 12 or 15 groups, with 6 or 8 countries in each of them.

To Answer Qazox's Question 1 please read above.

12 groups by 8 teams or 15 by 7 are currently the most likely group combinations

Q2: There will be no unnecessary playoffs, ie. no for 15 groups.

Q3: It will be the scorinator that is throwing you the bone or not. It will be whatever it will be.

* Han has an utter sinking feeling that details of this are going to surreptitiously slip out into someone's siggy...

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sun May 31, 2009 12:58 am

Being all about the money, have you got plans for sponsorships of the tournament, as has been done in the past, and, if so, will someone be able to get their name on the adverts other than Samsung Samseong?
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Sun May 31, 2009 9:32 am

Starblaydia wrote:Being all about the money, have you got plans for sponsorships of the tournament, as has been done in the past, and, if so, will someone be able to get their name on the adverts other than Samsung Samseong?

Yes, of course, Cafundéu is really aiming for sponsors for the tournament. We don't limit, so Samseong can spend how much it wants to that there'll be still space for more sponsors.

Daehanjeiguk
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Daehanjeiguk » Sun May 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Cafundeu wrote:
Starblaydia wrote:Being all about the money, have you got plans for sponsorships of the tournament, as has been done in the past, and, if so, will someone be able to get their name on the adverts other than Samsung Samseong?

Yes, of course, Cafundéu is really aiming for sponsors for the tournament. We don't limit, so Samseong can spend how much it wants to that there'll be still space for more sponsors.

Considering we're in the business of avoiding taxes paying the best money for sponsorship, we're not likely to want to try to stop other people from advertising. In fact, we might be up for splitting the costs of advertising (we'll pay for the billboards, you pay all the taxes :p).
IFL
BoF23 |DBC5
WC46(2nd)/52,53(R4)/42,44,49(R8)/39,43,45,47(R16)/40,41,50,51(G)
Host - OFC|CoH31|BoF28|WC41|CoH37 (as Allemenschen)|DBC12
RPs
Active: Reopening Old Wounds
Inactive: n/a/

Inventor of tl;dr

Peisandros
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Peisandros » Sun May 31, 2009 6:54 pm

I've just got a quick question regarding RP bonus. Will it be reset after qualification like it was in 46?
Vindication, Is all it takes to change your life.

BoF31 runner up. WC44 Second round. CoH37 co-host and runner up. DBC9 third. DBC10 third. WC47 Second round.

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Sun May 31, 2009 7:07 pm

No. The World Cup games will be counted in the scorinator as additional matchdays, instead of the scorinator being reset to matchday 1. So, the RPs counted in the qualifiers would still count in the WC proper.

Bazalonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bazalonia » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 am

Any more questions, comments or suggestions?
Last edited by Bazalonia on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 pm

So im guessing the number you want to hit most right now is 120?
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Right now it'd be 120 (122 sign-ups, as the hosts are counted), that's correct.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports