NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the VI Olympiad - RP thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kagdazka and Pazhujebu
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagdazka and Pazhujebu » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:28 pm

(AND SOME THIRST-QUENCHING GUARANÁ MUQUIRANA!)

A jaunty but exceptionally annoying theme song plays, wherein the phrase 'Grilled Brie for 3' is simply sung over and over again, ad infinitum. Following a series of terrible CGI special effects, which display a drawing of the globe slamming into the flag of Kagdazka and Pazhujebu, causing a massive explosion, the camera jerkily pans to the two slightly irritated-looking hosts of the show, Fušia Oujadda and Peregrina Thašighi. Today they are holding the camera in front of them as they walk through the arrivals lounge of Lasft International Airport, sunglasses on their faces and travelling bags over their shoulders.

YOUR HOSTS:

<-- Fušia Oujadda
Peregrina Thašighi -->

TODAY'S GUEST:

A Refreshing Can of
Guaraná Muquirana

Peregrina: Oh, my gosh, I'm, like, so jittery!

Fušia: Nerves, huh? Well, since you have the professional attitude of a seven-year-old little leaguer playing for pizza and ice cream at the end of the game, there's no surprises there.

Peregrina: Oh, yeah? Nice face!

Fušia: Good comeback.

Peregrina: I actually think it was this drink.

The next few lines are clearly rehearsed.

Fušia (sipping from a can of Guaraná Muquirana): Mmmmmm. Isn't it delicious?

Peregrina (also sipping): Mmmmmm, it sure is!

Fušia (sipping again): As professional athletes, Peregrina and I know what thirst tastes like.

Peregrina (sipping again): It tastes like shit!

Pause.

Peregrina: Thirst! I mean thirst tastes like shit! Not Guaraná Muquirana, it's refreshing!

Fušia (sipping again): Not scripted, but good save.

Peregrina (sipping again): Thanks.

Fušia (sipping again, it's starting to get cheesy): So if you need a refreshing jolt of professional-level hydration, get your hands on some fucking Guaraná Muquirana and get pumped!

Peregrina (tries to sip again, but ends up in a coughing fit): Oh my God, it's so strong!

Fušia: See? Evidence that only the bad-ass-est of bad-ass professionals can handle the thirst-quenching power of Guaraná Muquirana!

They drop their fake enthusiasm, having finished the spot. Peregrina's eyes are still watering.

Peregrina: Wow, that stuff is, like, not for me.

Fušia: Just because the commercial's over doesn't mean you should just go insulting our sponsors. The camera is still rolling, you know.

Peregrina: Really? Oops.

Fušia: Anyway, some of you viewers may be asking yourselves: 'why are these two gorgeous young ladies whoring themselves out to the corporate world on their otherwise-awesome web TV show?'

Peregrina: More like, 'that gorgeous young lady and her melted-grape-and-chocolate-candy-looking friend.'

Fušia: First of all, I'm glad you at least give me the courtesy of 'friend' status. Second of all, fuck you. Third of all, you stole that joke from Timo Skye, almost verbatim, from when he was on the show a few months ago. Fourth of all, the real answer is that travelling to Cafundéu is approximately as expensive as organizing a moon walk. And, guess what? Kagdazka and Pazhujebu has a transitional government and a fragile (if growing) economy! Our NOC can't afford to send us here unless we pay our own way.

Peregrina: Luckily, Fušia plays for a powerhouse right here in Cafundéu, Ranca Toco, whose primary shirt sponsor is... guess who... Guaraná Muquirana!

Fušia: And, you know, I've done a few commercials for them already, so we just organized a situation where they sponsor our whole delegation!

Peregrina: In, like, exchange for us doing these, like, commercials. And stuff.

Fušia: So... yeah! Let the Olympics begin!

Peregrina: Totally. How do you feel about being the flag-bearer, Fušia?

Fušia: Pretty cool. But I'm basically already used to being the center of attention everywhere I go...

Peregrina: Very modest of you.

Fušia: ...so this is nothing too new. It's a great honor, of course.

Peregrina: Well, people apparently think you're the Federation's best-ever football player. Don't know why they, like, think that, but whatever.

Fušia: Okay, which terminal are we supposed to walk to in order to get to our team bus?

Peregrina: Uh... I don't know.

Fušia: Well, why don't you check your athlete handbook? Good lord, you're as bright as a Dancougarian intern.

Peregrina (genuinely): Aw... thanks, Fušia!

Fušia does a face-palm. Meanwhile, Peregrina digs around in her golf-cart sized purse to pull out a red-and-yellow pamphlet.

Fušia: Hold on. That is definitely not our handbook.

Peregrina: Oh, sorry, you're right. It's the Ferkian one.

Fušia: How the hell did you get your hands on a Ferkian athlete's handbook; they're supposed to protect those things with their lives! I don't know why, really, because the contents are totally innocuous, but whatever... so where did you get it?

Peregrina: I don't kiss and tell!

Pause.

Peregrina: Okay, well I do kiss, who am I kidding? But I still don't tell.

Pause.

Peregrina (excited): I stole it from one of their athletes when I got him to join the Mile-High Club back on the airplane!

Fušia reacts weirdly, half like she thinks it's funny; half like she's hurt.

Fušia: Awesome! I guess. Jesus, how did you fit in that bathroom? I mean, we flew on Fucking Cheapskate Airways and the lavatory on that plane had the square footage of a large club sandwich.

Peregrina: Huh?

Fušia: You said you joined the Mile-High Club with a Ferkian athlete.

Peregrina: Yeah, we switched seats without upsetting our tray tables! The Mile-High Club. Have you ever tried that? It's like the hardest thing ever.

Fušia: Wow, you're dumb.

Peregrina: But now that you mention it we did have se-

Fušia: Well, I think that concludes this episode of Grilled Brie for 3!!! Thanks for watching the show and join us... uh... I don't know when the next episode will be. Probably some time after the opening ceremony. Wish me luck! Otherwise I might drop the flag or something...

Peregrina: Bye guys!
Last edited by Kagdazka and Pazhujebu on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Federation of Kagdazka and Pazhujebu

Baptism of Fire 25 Champions (The Pazhujeb Islands), Baptism of Fire 33 Runners-Up (Kagdazka), AOCAF 33 Runners-Up (Kagdazka and Pazhujebu), Baptism of Fire 43 Co-Hosts, Baptism of Fire 45 Co-Hosts

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Darmen Times-Olympic Coverage
Preview of Darmen at the VI Olympiad

In our second preview of Darmen at the Lafst Olympics, we'll take a good long look at the Water Polo Team. Twelve athletes and two coaches make up the Water Polo delegation.

Head Coach-Zackary Acal-Acal has been prepairing his team hard, but he is inexperienced. Water Polo isn't very popular in Darmen, and Acal is working with players who arn't all that talented.

Assistant Coach-Jerrell Dorcent-Dorcent has been a good friend of Acal since they were kids. Dorcent brings energy and fire to the team, which Darmen will need if they wish to get past some of the better teams.

Center-Marcellus Hollo-Hollo is the only player on the team who has experience at the international level, having played for a club team in another unknown country. He's fast and a good goal scorer.

Left Wing-Arnoldo Guinle-Guinle was placed onto the team becuase of his speed. He is Darmens 100m Backstroke champion, and does well in just about every other short distance event.

Right Wing-Jerrell Ladika-Apparently Jerrell is a pretty popular name for Water Polo players in Damren. Ladika isn't fast, nor is he a good goal scorer, but he is a great passer.

Left Diver-Arlen Houzah-Houzah is a History Teacher at one of Darmen City's High Schools. He is also that High Schools Water Polo Club Head Coach. He is Darmen's Captain.

Right Diver-Jeramy Labier-Labier is extremely smart, with an IQ of 193. We just wish he was that athletic. He hopfully will be able to help Darmen on defense.

Point-Man-Nicky Ginanni-Ginanni is a 100% Italian man. He's got good looks, and the girls will be all over him. Lets just hope he doesn't get distracted.

Goalkeeper-Manual Chauffe-Chauffe likes the water. He holds the world record of 3 days, 2 hours, and 7 minutes for being able to swim across the Darmeni Bay. Quite an accomplishment.

Substitute Center-Johnson Baumgarn-Baumgarn hates the Water, but he has to do community service for an auto theft he committed. The Judge thought that this would be good tourture for him.

Substitue Wingman-Toney Emayo-Emayo has good endurance, and can stay in the pool for quite a long time. Look for him to contribute off the bench.

Substitute Diver-Leigh Grandos-Grandos loves to dive, and will probably spend most of his time under water.

Substitue Point-Man-Graig Kingwood-Kingwood is the King of being lazy. He doesn't really like to move around a whole lot. Hopefully though the Olympics will motivate him to do well.

Substitue Goalkeeper-Vincenzo Kaanana-Kaanana is probably the third best player on the team behind Hollo and Chauffe.

Overall the Darmeni Water Polo Team isn't that bad. It will however, be their first international experience. Darmen won't win a medal in the Olympic competition, but they should play well enough to press the top teams hard for a bronze medal. They'll fall short of course.

Darmeni Delegation(at least those of which we covered so far)
Coaches:3
Athletes:15
Total:18
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Ferkas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Room 431C, Olympic Village. Lasft, Cafundeu.

"Hey, Viktor*, pass me another bottle of water, would ya?"

Without looking up from his book the distance runner reached down, plucking a bottle of water out of a bucket of ice. He didn't even bother to look, lobbing the bottle over his shoulder. He smirked when he heard Colin** grunt as it hit him. "Did ya get your water?"

"Yea, you didn't have to hit me with the damn thing, jack..."

"Hey, watch the language, okay?" The third man in the room, Benjamin Leram***, cut off Colin before he could finish his sentence. "You know I don't like that sort of language. Besides, if the coaches hear you talkin' like that then you are gonna be in a pile of trouble."

Colin chuckled as he replied. "Hell Benji, I don't really care if you don't like it. Besides, you know that they ain't gonna send no one home. They need us here to bring home the bacon. Besides, they have enough stupid rules anyway."

Viktor nodded in agreement, finally looking up from his book which he set down on the desk in front of him. "Heck, I'm sick of being stuck in this damn room all the time. They only let us out to eat and practice, where is the fun in that? I want to meet some chicks!"

Benjamin shook his head at the pair of them. "You heard Coach Halverford. Once we finish our events they will start to relax the rules a bit, then you guys can go...meet some girls." He said that last part rather awkwardly, prompting a snicker from Colin.

"And what about you Benji, what are you gonna do when your event is over? Go visit a church?"

"Nah man, I'm going to be to busy polishing my medal. Not that you would know anything about that."

Colin through the pillow at him, but even as he did he was laughing. All of their ribbing on each other was in good nature, soon they were laughing and carrying on like the old friends that they were, having gone to the same high school and running on the same post collegiate team. It was like old times again, even with the tremendous stress being placed on their shoulders.

* - Viktor Urkum, Mens 5000m Run
** - Colin Pervius, Mens 1500m Run
*** - Benjamin Leram, Mens 5000m Run

Room 488D, Olympic Village. Lasft, Cafundeu.

The seen in room 488 was almost the opposite of that in the 431C. For one, it was much more crowded. The rooms for the athletics squads had no more than three persons in each, a few only had one. On the other hand room 488D housed all eight members of the mens swim team. Whereas the first room had several coolers full of water and sports beverage the swimmers room only had a few gallon jugs of water and a couple empty bottles of cheap sports drinks.

Also spread out on the floor of the swimmers room were certain items which would not be..."tolerated"...in the athletics rooms. Because of its position as the "Savior of Ferkas" (an actual quote from a major newspaper), bad behavior was not tolerated amongst those athletes. They were expected to be completely focused on their task, preparing themselves on every level for the coming competition. This meant that the team officials really didn't care what the other members of the Olympic Team did, short of being arrested or causing a major incident. As such the members of the swim team found themselves in a position to have all sorts of fun.

That fun explained the numerous empty beer cans on the floor, the rather loud dance music, and the group of local women who were also in the room, giving it the impression of being some sort of crowded dance floor, with furniture. The bass pounded away, amplified by several speakers that had been set up in the corner of the room. All in all, whereas the athletics room was a well stocked bastion of athletic glory the swimmers room was a party room, filled with people who were glad to be where they were, enjoying the music and having no expectation of success.
Political Compass: -7.88 Economic, -4.41 Social

Armorgames
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Armorgames » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 am

ARMORGAME NEWs

Hello, I am Malcom Harrison, reporting again from Chitown Airport.

Here with me is tennis player, Wilson Penn. He is coming off a tournament win in the Patriot Cup in the Tennis Championship. Wilson is getting ready to leave for the Olympics with start in a matter of days.

The football team left yesterday, and now with Wilson getting ready to leave, the only people that aren't there are the lacrosse team and the basketball team. Both teams are in tournaments right now, the World Lacrosse Championship, and the U-18 Basketball Championship. Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that nobody on the basketball team is over the age of 18.

So, Wilson Penn is getting ready to board his flight, and don't forget to tune into the Olympics on the 15th!

3rd place in 12th World Lacrosse Championships
2nd in the inaugural U-18 IBC.

Ma wiki

Kernansquillec
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kernansquillec » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:35 am

THE DAILY KERNANSQUILLECAN

OLYMPICS SET TO START IN LASFT
Team Kernansquillec will be competing at their first Olympic games in Lasft, Cafundeu. A total of 526 entries in 44 types of events will be fighting it out to win medals for Kernansquillec.

Some members of the team already have expirience from international championships including double Water World Championship gold medalists and flag-bearers for this 6th Olympiad, Kayleigh Mellor & Madeleine Kay. The pair won gold in the women's C-2 slalom at both WWC and the KEROC annonced earlier today that they had been chosen to lead the team at the opening ceremony which will take place this Monday.

A special flag has been made by young people from Lorient and it will be used at the opening ceremony instead of the traditional national flag. And we are prowd to present this flag which shall be used for the VI Olympiad by Team Kernansquillec.

A total of 103 nations will be competing at these Olympics including a few names Kernansquillec has heard of including Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk who have one of the most annoying names to spell, Cafundéu the hosts, Civil Citizenry who hosted the Water World Championships, Erathore whom Kernansquillec's football teams have played a lot recently, Swartaz the hosts of the 17th Rugby World Cup where Kernansquillec won their first major international tournament, and finaly Zwangzug who very few know but are the only nation to compete who's name starts with a 'Z'.

602 gold medals will be up for grabs and every single one of the athletes competing will want one of them.

TEAM KERNANSQUILLEC ARRIVES
The Kernansquillecan Team has arrived in Cafundeu and will be getting used to the climate and facilities in Lasft with the opening ceremony only 3 days away.
The athletes have been training in various locations in Kernansquillec and had a gigantic meal with friends and family in Kernansquillec City yesterday evening before flying out.

The team arrived in Lasft where they posed for a few photos for the press before heading out in coaches to the Olympic village in central Lasft. Many Kernansquillecans are flying over to Cafundeu and will fly over in the coming weeks to view the events which will unfold. Speaking of events you can see what's on and who'll be playing on Day One of the 6th Summer Olympics as well as on what channel you can see the action live in our special Olympic Schedual.

Team Kernansquillec arrive at International Airport in Lasft, Cafundeu.

THE SCHEDUAL: DAY ONE

Monday 15th August
1700: Opening Ceremony at Obelisco Monumental, Lasft
Live on KBC 1

Tuesday 16th August
0900: Fencing - Women's Foil first rounds
Yasmin Richardson, Lirienne LaCaille & Evie Smith
Live on KBC 4

0900: Shooting - Men's 10m Air Pistol [medal event]
Morgan Reed & Riley Price
Live on KBC 3

0900: Swimming - Men's 100m Breaststroke heats
Hassan Mackenzie & Evan Bentley
Live on Red Button

0900: Tennis - Men's Individual initial rounds
Harry Guly, Gerry Fondard, Jaques Gil & Pinabel Brisette
Live on Red Button

0900: Tennis - Women's Individual initial rounds
Felicia La Tourte, Sarah Stevenson, Vicky Hugehart & Xandra Holst
Live on Red Button

0930: Handball - Women's matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 2

0930: Swimming - Men's 400m Freestyle heats
Kai Nash & William Barnes
Live on Red Button

1000: Swimming - Men's 400m Medley heats
Ethan Pollard & Vail Montminy
Live on Red Button

1000: Archery - Men's Individual ranking round
Harrison Peacock, Adam Brady & Reuben Zamudio Sarabia
Live on Red Button

1030: Badminton - Women's Individual first rounds
Lia Reilly, Louise Abril & Albertine Chnadonnet
Live on KBC 1 & Red Button

1030: Shooting - Women's 10m Air Rifle [medal event]
Laura Hunt & Brooke Day
Live on KBC 3

1100: Swimming - Women's 100m Butterfly heats
Melissa Benson & Leah Wade
Live on Red Button

1130: Swimming - Women's 400m Medley heats
Niamh Hunter & Chelsea Turnbull
Live on Red Button

1200: Basketball - Women's matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 3

1230: Archery - Women's Individual ranking round
Líbera Delgado Treviño, Mellisa Melor & Keira Hopkins
Live on KBC 2 & Red Button

1230: Swimming - Women's 4x100m Freestyle heats
Ninette Cinq-Mars, Voleta Blanchard, Lua Armendáriz Acuna & Niamh Francis
Live on Red Button

1330: Weightlifting [3 medal events]
Men's 56kg, Women's 48kg and Women's 53 kg
Live on Red Button

1400: Football - Women's matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 1

1400: Football - Men's matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 4

1430: Judo - Men's 60kg [medal event]
Kai Kemp
Live on KBC 3

1500: Badminton - Men's Individual first rounds
Mohammad Arnold, Charaf van Reenen, Nathan Davis
Live on KBC 2 & Red Button

1600: Volleyball (beach) - Women's matchday 1
Holly Chan, Sofia Angelo, Camelia Manfrin & Cerys McLean

1600: Rugby Sevens - Women's matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 3

1700: Volleyball (beach) - Men's matchday 1
Loyal Leclair, Phillipp Werner, Josh Kent & Max French
Live on KBC 4

1700: Judo - Women's 48kg [medal event]
Ubalda Nucci
Live on Red Button

1800: Volleyball (indoor) - Women's matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 2

1800: Softball - matchday 1
TEAM TBD
Live on KBC 3

1830: Baseball - matchday 1
TEAM TBD

7 gold medals are up for grabs today and Kernansquillec could claim 4 of them. Some of the people and events to look out for are Harry Guly in the men's tennis, Felicia La Tourte in the women's tennis, the women's handball team, Lia Reilly in the women's badminton, Laura Hunt in the women's 10m air pistol, the women's basketball team, Líbera Delgado Treviño in the women's individual archery ranking round, Ninette Cinq-Mars in the women's 100m freestyle, the women's and men's football teams, Mohammad Arnold in the men's badminton, the 2 women's beach volley teams, the women's rugby seven team, and the women's indoor volleyball team.

So Kernansquillec could mayby get a medal in the shooting, but Kernansquillec will just be hoping for some good solid performances.

LINEUPS FOR TEAM SPORTS TO BE ANNONCED
The starting lineups for all of the team sports which include the likes of football, rugby sevens, baseball, softball, volleyball, and some other sports will be annonced by the Kernansquillecan Olympic Commitee in the next day or so.

There is much speculation about who will be in the teams and you can see our experts' predictions on our website at http://www.dailykernansquillecan.ker/sp ... redictions.
Winners of the 17th Rugby Union World Cup
Domestic Newswire ~ Football: 66th ~ UICA: 44th ~ Handball: 3rd
WANT A KIT? K KITS CAN HELP

Runners-up at Copa Rushmori XXI and at the XIV Handball World Cup
3rd Place at the WSWC I
4th Place at the 42nd Baptism of Fire & 19th Di Bradini Cup
Qualified for the 57th, 73rd and 74th World Cups

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Rapport d'Olympique Rushmori

Rapport d'Olympique Rushmori est un site à jour quotidienne que citoyens civils et le reste de Rushmore des Jeux olympiques de Lasft - en français. Le site web est créé et géré par trois Citiz qui sont nativement Cotdelapomais et dont la langue principale est le français. Toutefois, les articles qui sont écrits par des non-français haut-parleurs (qui constituent la majorité des articles) sont disponibles en anglais.

Nous avons interviewé tennis de table athlète d'Olympique Mubutide Ixosada.

ROR: Who are you monitoring as your potential biggest threats throughout the tournament?
MI: Well, I don't really know too many people who are in the competition - it's not like there are many international table tennis tournaments. I do know that we're not going to have Ching Chin Chi [the Outineau gold medalist] breathing down our backs, and the two Cosumarites [Seth Ratliff, the Outineau bronze medalist, and Thom Hiar] aren't in it either. Tre Kool [the Outineau silver medalist] will probably be the top contender, but I think for the most part this tournament is going to be sort of a toss-up. There's not much scouting we can do - we haven't even heard of some of the nations we'll be playing against - so we'll just have to go along with what's thrown at us and hope we can come up with a medal or two.

ROR: How about the team event - do you think it's possible that you and your partners can make a magical run to the medal podium?
MI: It's going to be really, really tough with the Outineau gold medalists in it again [M.R. Matin, Samir Sarwar, and Asheque Shamsul of Akbarabad]. But then again, would you think Akbarabad is the world's best table tennis country? Like I said, sometimes the results are basically random. We've been working so hard for months, and I know that no matter what Avircasö [Amenabasap] and Reweg [Nadanad] and I will not let our dreams slip by losing concentration.

ROR: What does it mean to be representing an entire generation of Citiz in your sport?
MI: Honestly, it hasn't even sunk in as much as it will. Right now, it's been a blast to fly into Lasft, go into the Olympic Village and find your name on one of the rooms, tour Lasft and visit the Obelisco Monumental - it's been crazy, the most fun I've had in my life. But there's still the events to play, and I don't think I'll fully recognize the gravity of the situation until I actually walk out to the table. I'll hear all the Citiz fans chanting my name, cheering after every point; I'll see the letters "CVC" next to my name on the scoreboard; I'll hear the announcer say that this is the first round of the men's table tennis event at the Olympic Games. That's when I'll know that I'm really at the Olympics. I'm not just representing myself, I'm here for the millions of people back home who maybe didn't fulfill their dreams of being an Olympic athlete but can live them through the people who are here now.

ROR: Of course you've heard about Civil Citizenry winning the World Team Tennis Cup, where Aned Hame won maybe the greatest match in history to clinch the championship. What kind of effect will that have on Citiz racquet sports?
MI: Tennis has always been one of the most popular sports in the coutnry, but this just puts tennis over the top as the most favorite sport to watch. I think there will be a massive Citiz contingent for the Olympic tennis matches. I don't really foresee that match sparking greater interest in table tennis, if only because the average person doesn't immediately think of table tennis when tennis comes to mind. But who knows - there could be a connection, we'll have to find out.

ROR: The table tennis events will end on the earlier side of the schedule, unlike at Outineau. Will you be sticking around after your participation in Lasft is over?
MI: Absolutely! This is the trip of a lifetime - being in Cafundéu, experiencing the air and vitality that comes from being an Olympic athlete. The opening ceremony isn't for a few more days, but I've already had a sick time. I think I'll be here for a while. [laughs]
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Perahikia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Perahikia » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:58 am

Today emperors private plane has landed in Cafundeu. Emperor Usdeopolov travels with his family, adjutant and twenty bodyguards. Also minister of sports and his family is traveling with emperor. Emperor himself does not give any comments, but our national broadcasting company PYR managed to interview emperors adjutant Lieutnant general Ugimovariz before he entered the hotel.

Reporter: Good evening general Ugimovariz. How are you feeling?
Ugimovariz: Well... I'm very tired. Travel was long and there was a lot of turbulence in the air, but otherwise everything is okay.
R: Oh, I understand. Can you still tell us what emperor is expecting about games of VI Olympiad.
U: Success in olympic games is very important for His Imperial Highness Emperor Usdeopolov. He really loves sports. Especially archery is very important, because he himself practices it.
R: That is interesting. Can you tell us something about the schedule of the emperor and his retinue, or is it secret?
U: No, it is not secret. As you know, His Imperial Highness Emperor Usdeopolov is very popular and no body wants hurt him so there are not any serious safety threats. But in fact we have not very strict schedule. Of course he will watch the opening ceremony. He wants also see all archery events and all events where our most famous swimmer, Tumerf Ulac is participating.
R: Can you tell us how you can guarantee the safety of our Emperor during olympic games?
U: I am very sorry but i can't speak about it. But as I said, His Imperial Highness Emperor Usdeopolov is very popular and we have not detected any security problems.
R: Just one more question: what you think about...
U: I am sorry but I am extremely tired and I have terrible headache. I think that I should go to the bed...
R: Thank you for your time.
U: Thank you...

Perwita
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Perwita » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Usubakeene National Television presents:
Heros in foreign lands,our Olympic Cadre.

Moderator and Interviewer Helio Jusangine:"Hello Ladys and Gentleman,and welcome to our first coverage of our Olympic Cadre.We will follow their path,Interviews,Insides,Emotions and Reactions will await you.We are here at the Olympic Village in Laft,Cafundeu."

"Here we see our Olympic Teamcaptain,Maximo Lenk.Hello Maximo,its nice to see you."
"The honour is on my part."
"So,how do you feel to play such a big role in Usubakeene Sports History ?"
"Considering that our Nation is young and we,the Olympic Cadre of Usubaki,have the chance to be the rolemodels of future generations.I have the privileg of being raised up in good parts,being wealthy and all.Other members of our society are not so lucky and have to work each day to not starve and die.This people are the main subject of my hope.The hope to see a new generation of people and classes in Usubaki,a middle class.We can do it people."
"Wow,thats a very big accomplishment you want to land.You seem very confident."
"I have to."
"Thanks for the short Interview,we will come back later."
"Thanks for the chance to show my targets for you people."

After this short interview we will show you the profiles of each athlete.

Name:Maximo Lenk
Is competing as:Runner
City:Gerusoaol
Special Notes:Team Captain

Name:Gabriella Santos
Is competing as:Wrestler,Freestyle
City:Hurasao
Special Notes:Flag Bearer

Name:Tiequan Zhao
Is competing as:Judoka
City:Hangsin
Special Notes:Only a non ethic Usubakeene

Name:Jose dos Pelgado
City:Hungabao
Special Notes:Brother to the Gouvernor of Hagarbard

Name:Wanderlei Goncalves
Is competing as:Marathonrunner
City:Jusabine
Special Notes:Oldest Member of the Usubakeene Olympic Cadre

Name:Mauricio Silva
Special Notes:None

Name:Mauricio dos Grandes

Name:Anderson dos Aldo
Special Notes:Ancestors are Usubakeene and from the Antilles

Name:Temur Josales
City:Usuhaichine
Special Notes:Ancestors are from Cuba and Usubaki

Thanks for your time and see you soon on Usubakeene National Tv.
Good Evening.

OOC:Wrote this with my wrong country.Usubaki is my puppet state.Sorry.

Usubaki
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Usubaki » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Usubakeene National Television presents:
Heros in foreign lands,our Olympic Cadre.

Moderator and Interviewer Helio Jusangine:"Hello Ladys and Gentleman,and welcome to our first coverage of our Olympic Cadre.We will follow their path,Interviews,Insides,Emotions and Reactions will await you.We are here at the Olympic Village in Laft,Cafundeu."

"Here we see our Olympic Teamcaptain,Maximo Lenk.Hello Maximo,its nice to see you."
"The honour is on my part."
"So,how do you feel to play such a big role in Usubakeene Sports History ?"
"Considering that our Nation is young and we,the Olympic Cadre of Usubaki,have the chance to be the rolemodels of future generations.I have the privileg of being raised up in good parts,being wealthy and all.Other members of our society are not so lucky and have to work each day to not starve and die.This people are the main subject of my hope.The hope to see a new generation of people and classes in Usubaki,a middle class.We can do it people."
"Wow,thats a very big accomplishment you want to land.You seem very confident."
"I have to."
"Thanks for the short Interview,we will come back later."
"Thanks for the chance to show my targets for you people."

After this short interview we will show you the profiles of each athlete.

Name:Maximo Lenk
Is competing as:Runner
City:Gerusoaol
Special Notes:Team Captain

Name:Gabriella Santos
City:Hurasao
Special Notes:Flag Bearer

Name:Tiequan Zhao
Is competing as:Judoka
City:Hangsin
Special Notes:Only a non ethic Usubakeene

Name:Jose dos Pelgado
Special Notes:Brother to the Gouvernor of Hagarbard

Name:Wanderlei Goncalves
Special Notes:Oldest Member of the Usubakeene Olympic Cadre

Name:Mauricio Silva

Name:Mauricio dos Grandes

Name:Anderson dos Aldo
Special Notes:Ancestors are Usubakeene and from the Antilles

Name:Temur Josales
City:Usuhaichine
Special Notes:Ancestors are from Cuba and Usubaki

Thanks for your time and see you soon on Usubakeene National Tv.
Good Evening.

OOC:Wrote this with my wrong country.Usubaki is my puppet state.Sorry.

Adihan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Adihan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Olympic preview: It's a family affair
Dwayne Hammersmith

Lasft, CAFUNDÉU— As athletes from 103 National Olympic Committees – a new record high – begin to settle down into their home for the next month at the Athletes' Village in Lasft, Cafundéu, for at least four of them, it's good to have some company from home.

The name "Taric" is king in Ad’ihani sporting folklore. Olympic superstar Jérôme Taric – the only man to win gold medals in different Winter Olympic disciplines and also win a Summer Olympic medal – is making his fifth appearance at an Olympic Games (three winter, two summer) in Lasft. However, there's a new Taric on the scene, as younger brother Jean-Michel, 19, has been named to Ad’ihan's first-ever boxing Olympic delegation in the light welterweight category.

Jean-Michel, who is an officer cadet (second class) in the Ad’ihani army, won the inaugural National Boxing Commission Championships at that weight class just two months ago, and was fast-tracked into the Olympic programme to join six other boxers, including a set of cousins, on the path to Lasft. Not that anyone can accuse Jérôme of pulling strings, though. "He's got the talent to get in, and I hate boxing anyway," he laughs as I ask him what could've been a sensitive question. "There's no way I would touch nepotism with a ten-foot-long pole," he adds. "Can't risk my own reputation, now can I?"

Jean-Michel (or JM, as Jérôme prefers to call him) is himself adamant that he got in on merit. "I know I wouldn't be here if I didn't work hard for it. It's an honour to represent your country at the Olympics, and for me being the brother of this country's best Olympian that's double the pressure.

"Being in the army pressure isn't a new thing to me and neither is competition. I'm just hoping to be able to go out there and not get eliminated in the first round, and try not to get knocked out. I'm not here for medals; that's my brother's job. I'm just here for the experience, and maybe next Olympics I'll be back for a medal."

"It's good to have my brother along for the ride," Jérôme admitted. "I've got some good company and we've had a lot of fun already in Lasft. It's nice to be able to introduce him to some of the other athletes, too."

Light-flyweight boxer Jonny Sanchez, 20, is half the weight of his cousin José Piñera Rodríguez Sanchez, who is three years older. Both are likewise attending their first Olympics as athletes, although José Piñera was at the Outineau Games as part of an observational delegation representing the Ad’ihan National Boxing Commission investigating the feasibility of organising a delegation.

"We were very encouraged by what we saw, we saw great organisation and we felt that even as a minority sport in Ad’ihan, it would be worth sending a small team to test the waters," says José.

As the most experienced of the seven fighters, José is the most hotly-tipped for a medal, but he insists that all he wants to do is put boxing on the sporting map in Ad’ihan. "A quarter-final appearance would itself be big for the Commission," José says. "That I get to do it with a very good friend and my cousin is an added bonus."

Jérôme Taric, who has lost the mantle of delegation captain and flag-bearer to his canoeing teammates James Anderson and Michael Murray, gold medallists in Outineau, agreed. "We're all here to represent Ad’ihan, but to have someone you know with you just makes it all the more special."

Dwayne Hammersmith is a special correspondent for Radio Ad’ihan International Sport. This is the first in a series of special blogs from the Lasft Olympic Games.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Vekaiyu Olympic Preview
Reporting for V3 News Services, Rin Slakori

CAFUNDEU - The Vekaiyun Olympic team, one of the largest teams to participate in the 2011 Summer Games, arrived in Cafundeu with a flair of optimism and confidence. The team, comprising entirely of vulpine individuals, is one of the handful of sentient non-human teams to participate in the games. Most of the members have shrugged off the potential political conflicts that could occur, however, and look forward to representing the nation of Vekaiyu, a nation that has undergone many changes since Premier Ikrisia Levinile toppled the previous Premier Selvala McEva, which sparked a civil war that killed eleven athletes from the 2010 squad, namely 3-time silver medalist Kira Niru.

Swimming and Diving
Vekaiyu looks to excel in all swimming and diving events this year. In the 2010 Summer Games, Vekaiyu placed second in all swimming events, bested only by Quintessence of Dust. By all accounts, the team should be stronger. Swimming phenom Ikrisia Sulevire is one year older, and is joined by another young prospect in Ankya Isassi, a sixteen-year old swimmer from Provinsk. Sayli Koveseru is a particularly feel-good story from the war-torn city of Iruk, whose training was interrupted by a three-month shutdown of the local Olympic training facility, but was still able to qualify for the games. Other notable names such as Yva Noveli, Ileena Useli, Ivalsa Beraseri, Iseli Viverisi, and Riyna McAves will all be representing Vekaiyu and hopeful at winning medals for the nation. Diving is especially strong this year too. The industrial sprawls of Lekinapi was where diver Xa Susinaristre got her start. The fifteen-year-old is among the youngest competing in the games this year, and hopes to nab a metal in the games.

Athletics
The Vekaiyun athletic team underwent major improvements during the off-season. Familiar faces such as Stapen Mikaseri, Seri Valekastre, and Elana Hureri all appear to have learned quite a bit during extensive training in the fall, winter, and spring seasons. "I think we were all just nervous over everything else," Elana spoke during an interview following the team's travel to Olympic Village. "You're used to being in Vekaiyu. With Vekaiyuns. When you're on the world stage, it's a different feeling." An interesting character, Sera Islivinasiri, could very well be a favorite to win the women's marathon event. Her trek from Lira to Veli'ale in order to raise awareness for orphaned children of Lisa due to the Maxist was well-received and covered by the V3 News Network. Leina Islakov is known for her eccentric behaviors, specifically her love for clowns and dressing as a clown. "I'm afraid of death. If I laugh about it, I can relax and do what I want to accomplish in life."

Boxing
Perhaps no vulpine boxer is as well-known and well-loved as Viktor Ilovestri. After missing the first summer games Vekaiyu attended due to political reasons, the boxer decided accept an invitation to Cafundeu, much to the jubilation of the Vekaiyun populace.

Biking
Young stars Mateu Jerveni and Riyna Servichi have taken advantage of Vekaiyu's recent liberal policies on foreign cultures, especially foreign sporting events. BMX and Mountain Biking were never popular sports under the Maxist regimes of Venavle and McEva, but the sport now has a healthy following, especially on the western border provinces of Vekaiyu where the Ta'lavero mountains provide adequate training grounds.

Gymnastics
The vulpine frame allows for dexterity and agility typically unfounded in the human form. However, it was suggested last year that there was a certain prejudice against non-human species in gymnastic events. The teams from last year have put said theories to rest. "We're not here to complain," Xa Vilaseru commented. "It's unsportsmanlike. It's just dumb conspiracy theories raised by past regimes." The Vekaiyun team does look to perform well in these 2011 Summer Games. An all-star cast of men and women from all around the great nation look to bring glory to Vekaiyu this time around.

Shooting
During the 2010 Summer Games, all shooting entrants were banned from performing in Vekaiyu since the government wanted to impress upon the people that the best shooters should be in the army and have no time for games. With a completely new face, the 2011 Vekaiyun government did not place any restrictions on Olympic qualifications. Little-known names like Lavano Oglirasi and Yalela Iveslaro want to get their revenge on the previous Vekaiyun regime and take home medals for the Vekaiyun nation.

Table Tennis
Leina Iselistre literally came out of nowhere to win the gold in women's table tennis at Kelssek in the 2010 Summer Games. "I wouldn't consider myself a favorite, but I will definitely give it my all," she said when asked about the competition in Cafendu. Whatever her placement will be, her gold created an interest for table tennis in Vekaiyu, and a strong team looks to capitalize on her past successes in 2011.

Taekwondo / Judo
Vekaiyu has always had an appreciation for martial arts, but a team failed to qualify for the 2010 Summer Games due to issues regarding the political opinions of some of the entrants. A wild card group, the vulpine martial artists will certainly be interesting to follow during these games. Will they take home a medal? Time will tell, but every success will bring their game exposure in the eager and active Vekaiyun State.

It isn't clear where this squad will end up in 2011. But the young, vibrant crowd of athletes will certainly be entertaining and inspiring as they represent the Vekaiyun nation abroad.
Last edited by Todd McCloud on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Ferkas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:48 pm

(OOC: Kagdazka and Pazhujebu, I just noticed the Ferkian reference in your post. Made me smile 8) . And the reason that the handbook is so secure is that certain pages which I have not yet typed out contain lots of..."interesting"...information regarding unofficial government policy.

Also an OOC note. The contents of this post are, at the moment IC'ly secret. All will be revealed in time.)

Room 431C, Olympic Village. Lasft, Cafundeu.

Colin Pervius stood frozen outside the door, key in hand. He had been just about to unlock the door and walk in when he heard the voices inside. He had recognized Benjamin Leram's voice right away, but who was he talking to? It sounded almost like Benjamin was being yelled at. No, not yelled at that wasn't the right word for it. More like scolding, someone was scolding Benjamin like a parent might scold a child who stole snuck an extra cookie during dessert. But what were they saying? He strained his ear, leaning in towards the door.

"Of course we won't let the press hear a thing about this..." He recognized that voice! That was Thomas Huntsman, the Chairman of the Ferkian Anti-Doping Agency, which was in charge of drug testing Ferkian athletes for banned and performance enhancing drugs. But what could they be talking about? "...such a scandal could be very damaging to the entire business..."

What scandal? He leaned in a little more, his ear almost pressed against the door now. "Will I still...", it was Benjamin speaking now. "...run? I mean...where do we go from hear...?" Colin could hear the strain in the runners voice. Then he could hear Huntsman respond to him. "Of course you will still run, no one will need to hear about this. The results, and the samples, will be taken care of, don't worry about that. This is just a precaution, and a warning. We aren't the only ones at these games. We might not be able to protect you if you get...noticed...by other delegations, or by the locals. So tone it back a bit, alright?"

He heard Benjamin murmur some kind of agreement, then he could hear someone start walking towards the door. Colin turned and dashed down the hall, stopping around the corner of the hall. A few moments later Thomas Huntsman walked by and nodded at him. Colin took a deep breath of relief as he passed, waiting a few moments before slowly going down the hall and into the room.

Benjamin was sitting in a chair facing the rooms one desk, a single typed paper in front of him. A quick glimpse at the paper showed several graphs and some scientific looking text. Something about blood levels and parts per million...Colin never had been the best with biology. But even as Benjamin quickly tucked the paper away, folding it into his bible that was on the desk, Colin couldn't help but notice. Had that paper...no it couldn't of...but it sure looked like...

He would never say a word about it, he wasn't even sure if he had read it right. He hoped that he hadn't. Maybe he had misread it. Yes, that was it, he must have misread it. Or maybe it was just a write up for a scientific report or something. But it made sense, it fit with what he had heard. But no! He refused to believe it. He refused to believe that at the bottom of the paper it had said, in red ink, that "indicators of EPO usage in subject".

Carasatoga
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carasatoga » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:41 am

"Ugh! I'm exhausted! What is wrong with coach?" Brandy Mitchell threw herself on her bed and shut her eyes. It took everything she had to not fall asleep right there, but she desperately needed a shower after the grueling training sessions the Carasatogan team was allowed today. Coach made her run, and run more, then jump, and then run more, and then jump twenty more times in a row without hitting the bar, which took her half an hour. It was now after nine at night and Brandy wanted to collapse and not wake up for ten hours.
"He's anxious. I mean, the opening ceremonies are tomorrow! Aren't you a little bit nervous or excited at least?" Brandy's teammate and roommate, Casey Stewart, had also flopped herself on her bed, but not as dramatically as the triple-jump star.
"Devils advocate." Brandy mumbled, not even bothering to lift her head up to answer.
Just then there was a knock on the door and Casey jumped up to see who it was. "Omigod, guess who it is. Fix your hair!" Casey whispered harshly as Brandy finally sat up and wondered who could be behind the door. Casey opened it up and Brandy finally saw the young man. "You could get in trouble for being here Harve." Casey was concerned. The Carasatogan male and female athletes could interact in the common rooms, but were not allowed to be in each others rooms.
"Oh relax Stew. I just wanted to come visit for a little bit." Harvey Rhodes ignored Casey and walked around her into the room, sitting on an armchair in the corner by the window. The two girls' room was nice compared to some of the other ones, more than likely due to its occupants.
"Visit?" Brandy raised her eyebrows suspiciously at him, and laughed as he winked.
"Yes, visit. I'm bored out of my mind. Our practice actually ended early today and Cole just wants to relax and read. So I had to come here and get some stimulation, yes I know, dirty, but I just mean oral stimulation, yes, again, dirty, but I just mean a conversation. I wouldn't want to do anything right now, you're kind of gross if you hadn't noticed. At that comment Brandy picked up her pillow and threw it at him. Missing him by a mile. "Good thing you're not a thrower or we would have problems." Brandy just stuck out her tongue and gave up.
"All right, well I'm going to go take a shower, so you two can get your stimulation. But make sure it's not too long. I don't want all of us to get yelled at." She turned to walk into the bathroom.
"You bet Stew!" Harvey said, saluting to her, making her roll her eyes.
"Thanks, Case." Brandy said, genuinely grateful for her concern.
As Casey stepped into the bathroom, the two turned to each other and Brandy broke the silence, "so what kind of conversation would you like?"
"I don't know, anything. How was practice, it looks like it was..." Harvey trailed off, trying to find a word that wasn't insulting to her disheveled state.
"Hell." Brandy answered for him, leaning back on the bed on the remaining pillow.
"You're words, not mine." Harvey smiled and Brandy looked back at him.
"How come your practice was short?" Brandy was jealous that he got to knock off early and she didn't.
"Less available facilities for aquatics, so we were scheduled earlier in the day. Let's face it, you can practice in a field if you really had to." He gestured to her as she nodded her head in agreement. "It wasn't easy, it just wasn't long, which made it really hard."
"Aww, poor baby." Brandy pouted at him, which got her the pillow thrown back at her which she grabbed out of the air and placed behind her head.
"I hate you." Harvey smiled.
"Nah, you love me." Brandy scrunched up her face in a smile.
"You wish." Harvey said as he got up from the chair and walked towards the door. "I better go before we get caught. Wanna' do breakfast tomorrow?"
"What time is your breakfast?"
"Seven."
"Sure." Brandy had a team meeting at eight, so this would be an excuse to get up.
"All right, until then good night. And take a shower." He then turned and ran as Brandy jumped out of bed to get him. He threw open the door, forgetting to check to see if anyone was in the hall, and he nearly tackled his own brother, Cole. "Cole!" Harvey stopped just shy of plowing into his younger sibling. "What are you doing here?"
"Looking for you. I figured you would be in Brandy's room. Hey Brandy." He waved at the young women who was now standing in the doorway.
"Hi Cole." Brandy smiled, lovingly.
"Come on Harvey, Coach is looking for us. I've been telling him you were in the bathroom for the last ten minutes, and now he is worried so he is coming to our room." Cole pulled his brother away and they both walked down the hall.
"Bye guys." She said to their backs.
They both turned around and said, "bye Brandy" almost in unison.
As they walked down the hall, bickering, Brandy looked at them and smiled, turning back into her room. Just before she shut the door she said in a loving voice, "dorks."
Last edited by Carasatoga on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Carasatoga Authority Republic
Demonym: Carasatogan || Population: 32,526,307 || Trigramme: CRG || Located: Rushmore

Champions: U-18 IBC 1, Women's Soccer World Cup I
Runners-Up: Volleyball World Expo I, II & VI, West Guiana Softball Invite II
3rd Place: World Softball Classic, Saugeais Baseball Tournament, Volleyball World Expo III & IV, Beaver Cup, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos
Hosted: IBC IX, Volleyball World Expo I, II, III & VI, World Indoor Soccer Championship 1, U-18 IBC 1, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos

Rankings:
Football: NR Basketball: 26 Baseball: 50 Beach Soccer: 54 Ice Hockey: NR
Indoor Soccer: 10 Lacrosse: 46 Soccer: NR Softball: 3 Volleyball: 3

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:44 am

Rapport d'Olympique Rushmori est un site à jour quotidienne que Civil Citizenry et le reste de Rushmore des Jeux olympiques de Lasft - en français. Le site web est créé et géré par trois Citiz qui sont nativement Cotdelapomais et dont la langue principale est le français. Toutefois, les articles qui sont écrits par des non-français haut-parleurs (qui constituent la majorité des articles) sont disponibles en anglais.

Poridogax Pinerat nommé manager de l'équipe de football Astograth; sera probablement la première fois au Copa Rushmori

LASFT, Cafundéu -- The Astograth Football Association held a press conference yesterday to announce the completed deal that will name Poridogax Pinerat the manager of the Astograthian national football team. The deal is sure to excite football fans in both countries, which are already amiable next-door neighbors on the Goose Coast of Rushmore. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pinerat has been the coach of Eastern Chase for two years, leading the club to two top-three King's League finishes and two Golden Championships. Pinerat is still relatively young (in his late forties), and critics say he has a bright future ahead of him. Managing Astograth will be a huge step towards bigger and better things for the team. Pinerat had already submitted his name to manage the Mangolana national team, but said he prefers this job better. Eastern Chase's proximity to Astograth means that he is well-acquainted with local customs and traditions, and he is very popular in Astograth.

Astograth faced a considerably challenging World Cup qualification group for the last year - known as the Group of Death, the hardest group in the world - but took a solid fourth place, enough to bump them up to 73rd in the KPB world rankings. Though Astograth is more than two dozen spots behind Civil Citizenry, they are one of the world's top up-and-coming nations in the world of football, known for having a fast-improving club league.

Pinerat will probably not debut at the Olympic Games in Lasft; Bayardo Echegarai will likely serve as the interim manager for the Astograth national team. It is assumed that Pinerat will manage his first game with the team at the Copa Rushmori - a tournament with huge pride at stake for every nation in the region, and therefore a critical one for Pinerat to establish himself as a worthy international coach - expected to begin over the coming months.
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:52 am

OOC: WTF?!?! I swear I posted this yesterday. Maybe somebody asked/some mod deleted it for no apparent reason whatsoever. Anyhow, here it is again: Oops.

Continued BSRN radio coverage of the following events:

--The NS Olympic Games (Preview for Demonstration events/just talking...)
--World Lacrosse Championships Coverage
--U-18 ICB in Carasatoga
--WTTC/Scott Cup in Delaclava
--World Junior Ice Hockey Championships
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Ferkas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ferkas » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:14 am

(OOC: Painting a little picture for you guys. Take it how you will.)

Official Handbook for the Ferkian National Olympic Team

Games of the VI Olympiad. Lasft, Cafundeu.

The contents of this handbook are considered confidential. Each athlete is required to keep their handbook secure and is responsible for knowing all rules and regulations contained herein. Willingly disobeying any of these regulations may be grounds for dismissal from the National Olympic Team.

Appendix A: Doping

Preface: Being caught using banned performance enhancing substances is a grave offense. Those who are caught face severe civil punishments, and may also incur criminal charges. Testing positive for such substances is one of the most grievous offenses that a Ferkian athlete can commit.

Testing Methods: The standard method used to test for performance enhancing drugs is through a urine sample test. Blood samples can also be tested.

Testing Schedule: All Ferkian athletes must be prepared for testing exactly 24 hours before departing for the Olympics. In addition testing of athletes may occur immediately following events, with special attention likely given to medal winners. Off season testing will not be carried out. In case of a positive A sample, the B sample will also be tested.

Rights of Athletes: Athletes do not have the right to refuse testing. They do have the right to have a coach or manager present when the test is taken, and have the right to appeal any decision. All appeals must be lodged within 72 hours of a decision.

Conclusion: Ferkian athletes must, at all times, be aware of doping and testing procedures. Testing positive for banned substances will not be taken lightly.

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 am

X
Last edited by Mesoland on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Mytanar Olympic Report.

--A sequence of various sports rolls, men running, a woman diving into the pool, a javelin being thrown, cyclists cruising down a mountain road, someone running through a thin blue tape and celebrating and then a green and white logo comes onto the screen with the words 'Mytanar Olympic Report inscribed onto them.--

Ana Ivankova: Hello, and welcome to the Mytanar Olympic Report. I'm Ana Ivankova, and I'm here with guests to talk about the First Day of the 6th Summer Olympics in Lasft, Cafundeu - which is due to start tomorrow. Please welcome Tvrtko Marinovic, Radim Petrina and the women's beach volleyball duo of Zara Sokolof and Wilhemine Duberrier.

Tvrtko Marinovic: Thanks for having us!

Ana Ivankova: Now, Tvrtko - you will be the flagbearer and are actually competing in Day 1, too - how big an honour is this for you?

Tvrtko Marinovic: Well, it's an honour just being named on the Olympic Team - never mind being the flagbearer for our whole nation. It really is a massive honour, and this time - I'll be competing in the 400 metre Freestyle, the 4 times 200 metre freestyle relay, the Medley Relay and the Marathon.. So I'm going to concentrate on Day 1 first of all - but as soon as that is done, I will be focussing on my next events.

Ana Ivankova: What do you think your chances are, in the Day 1 event.. the 400 metre freestyle?

Tvrtko Marinovic: Well, it's only the heats - so I shall just be aiming to qualify out of the heats for now. That is what is most important to me, as soon as that is done - then I'll be resting and focussing on the next events and the finals of that event.

Ana Ivankova: Radim, you're in the pool too on Day 1 - do you think you can qualify out of the breast-stroke heats?

Radim Petrina: Well, it's always competitive at this level. Which is just of course, what you would expect - but our swimming program is a massive thing and I think I have trained well enough to at least qualify out of the heats. Of course, there will be plenty of competition - and the other swimmers will certainly provide a challenge - but our training camp in the Golden Coast was brilliant and really built up the fitness and speed that we will need.

Ana Ivankova: Do you really think you need fitness in a 100 metre race, though? Surely your reactions will have to be quicker than having high fitness levels?

Radim Petrina: Well of course, reactions are extremely important - going on the gun etcetera - but having the fitness and speed in the water are two very important things and improve your overall performance, it'll give me a better chance of beating some of the worlds' best swimmers in the pool.

Ana Ivankova: And finally, girls, how do you feel being in the olympic team?

Zara Sokolof: Well, frankly, it is amazing. I can't quite believe it, I mean, I know beach volleyball really is a tiny sport in Mytannion - we don't exactly have the weather for it, but - with us both being from the Golden Coast and having the warm weather there, that definitely gives us a chance of doing well.

Wilhemine Duberrier: Yeah, definitely - I mean - it is a massive thing for us, being picked on the Olympic team is great, as Tvrtko said - it really is an honour. I just hope to justify being picked on the team - by doing as well as I possibly can during these Games.

Ana Ivankova: We haven't been told of the groups for the beach volleyball yet. Is this uncertainty an added pressure for you girls?

Wilhemine Duberrier: I wouldn't say so, it just means we don't know who we will be playing! Of course, this isn't the best situation as you can't study the videos of other teams and see their favoured plays and such. This puts you at a slight disadvantage, but everybody else has this disadvantage too - so it's a level playing field for everyone anyway.

Ana Ivankova: Yes, anyway, thank-you all but that is all we have time for in this Olympic Report, we will have more tomorrow - as we look back on the first day of 6th Summer Olympiad. Thank-you for watching and goodbye!

--The show fades out as the people sat just talk and the opening scene rolls once again.--
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Armorgames
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Armorgames » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

ARMORGAMES NEWS

Hello, I am Marice Matts, and yes I am in a storage closet.

I am not supposed to be talking about the Olympics, but I want to tell all of you about the AG teams since they seem to be neglected to be talked about. And, I don't really feel like reporting on the PFL right now.

So, first lets talk about the Basketball team.

They are in an U-18 IBC Tournament right now, and they are playing excellently. They are 7-0, and I think Malcom Harrison is doing a report on them right now, and I am over-riding it. Ha ha ha ha. Well, that team is really playing good, and they have added two players onto the Olympic roster, a guard named Derrick Shawnt, and a forward named Dwayne Reodrick. So, they have a possibility of winning the U-18 tournament, and then will play in the Olympics.

Next up is the football team.

They are also a young team who has just come off of their first World Cup, well qualifying that is. They didn't make it to the final 32. Their best player is Clayton Job, and you can expect him to score a lot in the Olympics. Their goalie, Erik Crater is also really good.

The baseball team is up next.

They had a mediocre appearance in the WBC. They went 6-8 but had a lot of potential in the pitching staff. And the bats started to warm up near the end of the season. They should also have a pretty good run in the demonstration event.

I don't really like talking about American football, but I am now reporting on it, so I better get used to it.

Well, the AG football team went 5-5 in their first World Bowl, and 4-1 in the Bapstism of Fire. They lost in the quarterfinals. That is all I have to say about that I guess.

And last up is lacrosse.

They have a great lacrosse team who is in the WLC right now. Their only loss is to the Cosumar team and have scores 112 goals in 7 games. No other team has more then 100. This team has played great and has high hope in the Olympics.

So, I have to go before I get caught. See ya!

3rd place in 12th World Lacrosse Championships
2nd in the inaugural U-18 IBC.

Ma wiki

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Darmen Times-Olympic Coverage
Preview of Darmen at the VI Olympiad

As we continue our Olympic preview, which sadly, will probably continue into the Olympics, we are a little backed up here at the Times, we'll take a look at the Archery delegation.

Jamie Gonges-Head Coach-Gonges migh have been the greatest archer in Darmen, but this stupid idiot of a Drunk guy hit Gonges while driving drunk. Gonges lost his left forearm, and would never be able to shoot another arrow, ever. He's a good coach however, so hopefully he can lead Darmen to a good showing.

Beattie Canadeo-Canadeo is Darmen's National Champion, and he will look to lead Darmen to a medal in the team event.

Ben McKay-McKay was the only other person to show up at the National Championships. Could it be that Archery as a sport isn't very popular in Darmen. Maybe we should tell people that they'll be shooting at Deer.

Herm Llewellyn-Llewellyn is just one of those guy's we picked off the streets. Apparently all of the other nations are doing it, so we thought we'd jump on the band waggon.

Overall, the Darmeni Archery delegation won't win any medals, unless they give up a lot of rubber chickens in a burnt offering to Margaret. We doubt that'll happen.

Darmeni Delegation(At least those of which we've covered so far)
Coaches:4
Athletes:18
Total:22
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Rapport d'Olympique Rushmori est un site à jour quotidienne que citoyens civils et le reste de Rushmore des Jeux olympiques de Lasft - en français. Le site web est créé et géré par trois Citiz qui sont nativement Cotdelapomais et dont la langue principale est le français. Toutefois, les articles qui sont écrits par des non-français haut-parleurs (qui constituent la majorité des articles) sont disponibles en anglais.

Nous avons interviewé football athlète d'Olympique Erathi Alexio del Nieran.

ROR: You spent an entire World Cup campaign playing for Swartaz. How does it feel to be back with your old teammates, representing your true homeland on one of the world's biggest stages?
ADN: It feels wonderful. I'm pumped to get back to working with them and training with them. There's no hard feelings among any of us.

ROR: Have you been able to integrate yourself with the team quickly since returning from Swartaz?
ADN: Yes. Really quickly. It's kinda odd to be frank. I mean they offered me the captaincy during this Olympics which was really quite a surprise.

ROR: That's remarkable. Do you feel like this is a task you can handle, considering how long you've been away?
ADN: Yes, I do. I still need to sort every thing out with Signor Socrato but it looks like I'll be wearing the captains band. And I can definitely handle it. I have captained the boys during a world cup and during that dreadful AOCAF mess.

ROR: Speaking of the AOCAF deal, in which Erathore moved from Rushmore to Atlantian Oceania for the sole purpose of entering the latter region's prestigious football tournament, how much do you regret leaving for Swartaz after the tournament, if there are any regrets?
ADN: I somewhat do regret it. It was wrong to bail on Erathore like that, but what King Lorenzo did is simply unacceptable.

ROR: Will the entire incident affect your play during the Olympics?
ADN: Oh no. It won't affect me. I'm good.

ROR: What nations in particular are you looking at as the biggest threats for medals in football?
ADN: Well I don't know exactly who is competing in football in the Olympics. (laughs) Just from a look and if they are in football. Kagdazka and Pazhujebu, TBI, THE, they all stand out to me. Oh and it'll be fun to play against Swartaz [laughs].

ROR: As you prepare for the Olympics, what is your first and foremost goal? A medal? National pride? Regional pride?
ADN: For me... well... getting back the respect and love of the fans is the most important for me. I would love to leave with a gold medal but as long as I get back the trust of the fans, it doesn't matter too much

ROR: After the Olympics and Cup of Harmony, what are your plans regarding anything football-related?
ADN: Keep playing and keep winning [laughs]. My contract with Cafundó do Juta expires in a year or two so I guess I'll need to start thinking about an extension or a new club when that expires.

ROR: Last question: What kind of music do you like to listen to before games? Any particular songs?
ADN: Dubstep. Flyaway by Fytch is pretty good. I also like Guettastep by Dodge and Fuski. A non dubstep one would be Oroboy by David Peña Dorantes.
Last edited by Civil Citizenry on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:29 am

It still amazes many Kytlerians that a nation so recently founded could produce such a sizable Olympic delegation - and especially that so many of their number could be treated as genuine medal candidates. Is the optimism misplaced? And what does it mean for the nation? Ahead of tonight's opening ceremony, leading sports journalists across the country were asked for their thoughts.

Bryan Snowdon, sports editor, NBO (the national state broadcaster, who are covering the Olympics on TV and radio)

It is a remarkable display of national unity, considering how recently founded this nation was from the jaws of anarchy - not only to have such a large team, but for it to be such a cross-section of society, with aboriginals, Vephra migrants, so many of the European communities, is just wonderful. Of course, we are Rushmori, so one would almost expect this of us. But the fact we have this many athletes, and this many medal contenders, is still absolutely stunning - and if we can be this ready for these Games, how good will we be next time around?

I would not care to guess how many medals we will win, and certainly not how many gold medals - the events are just too competitive now, with so many nations now competing. However, I firmly believe we will be in at least the top half of the medals table - and perhaps higher. I understand that the top 30 is the official target, and I think that is realistic. The weightlifters, boxers, and canoeists will all pick up medals somewhere, and I think we will win at least one medal in the triathlon - people are talking about Grigor Korpov, but I actually think the best opportunities come in the womens' race, where I think Moira Craig could easily get a medal. She's strongest in the run stage, and usually that is where the race is decided - as long as she's in touch after the bike, she'll get a medal.

Diors Tidus, sports editor, VTK (the Vephra-language television network)

We are still stunned that the country has come together so quickly, and honoured that our part (as Vephra migrants) has been recognised in how many of our athletes are in the team. I know that I have high hopes for Dings Rirvymoles in the archery, Tizambuzon Ellad in the omnium, Ocilla Ditos in the track sprints, and of course Thwante Tomprism in triathlon. It is a shame that Ock Fils, who is such a symbol of our nation's progress in tolerance and diversity, will not be involved in the demonstration lacrosse event - not that this will matter if we keep on winning in Civil Citizenry!

Graham Welbeck, editor, AllSports magazine (a weekly publication of minority sports news)

This is what we have been waiting for - how long, I don't know, it feels like no time and a long time all at once, and given our nation's recent history I suppose that is only fitting. Too often, national sporting reputations are only allowed to be made and lost on the football field, but when an Olympic Games comes along, the world's eyes open up to so many different sports, and unfamiliar faces can emerge. I know that our triathletes, especially Grigor Korpov, are amongst the best in the world, and now the world will know this. I know that so many in our weightlifting team are wonderful symbols of an aboriginal minority that is much prouder and, in all sorts of ways, bigger and stronger than those elsewhere in Rushmore - and now the world will know this. I know that Freyja Þórðardóttir and Sarah Sockett are remarkable cyclists, and now the world will know this. What I hope will not happen is that this attention gets turned into horrible exploitation of the female athletes in particular - I know Freyja's already rejected an offer to pose nude in a magazine, Cathy Nadroga, the diver, probably isn't going to get much choice because she wears a swimsuit in competition, Viola Harris, not even the men are immune with Dennis Novak posing shirtless for an advert lately... and of course it's going to be those who fit a certain aesthetic who get the attention. Nobody's telling Rewa Lapasa to strip off nude because she's a muscular aboriginal woman.

Natasha Chapman, Olympic reporter, Bay City Herald (the leading conservative newspaper in the country)

Sport is a symbol of glorious national pride. Our country's fighting spirit has been ignored amongst our ghastly history, but the power of our weightlifters and boxers, the stubborn courage of our triathletes and road cyclists, and the precision of our archers will give the world the impression of a powerful nation. We should embrace this wholeheartedly and not feel guilty about it.

Lawrence Stunell, sports editor, Zube Daily Times (a leading left-liberal newspaper)

I am proud of our national team's stunning organisation in creating a team. I'm almost more proud of where we haven't entered than where we have - we have no part in beach volleyball even though our indoor volleyball teams are amongst the best in the world, and that must have been a difficult call as I know we have a number of possibly competitive beach volleyball teams. I suspect there will be a pretty furious atmosphere for those events in Lasft, it is a world leading city for beach culture, and there'll no doubt be all manner of catcalling and worse for the women in particular there.

As for the events we are participating in, I think we can reasonably target at least twenty medals - but they could come from any of about sixty different events. If I had to pick gold medal contenders, I'd say Jennifer Pargrew in the weightlifting, maybe Te Te Huia as well, Grigor Korpov in the triathlon of course, and Rolf Faraday in canoe (actually kayak) slalom. Possible surprise package? Joke De Winter in the triple jump. Her recent form is no joke. Besides, it's pronounced "Yo-kah".
Last edited by The Kytler Peninsulae on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:56 am

Starting intro
CBU Studio Sport - Live in Lasft

Dusty Muttoone: Hello everybody, welcome at Studio Sport, your number one sports program. Today we will talk, only, about the Fifth Summer Olympics, here in Lasft. Here in the studio are Goro Rome, Nikica Hoedemaeker and Lalita English. Welcome!
GR: Thank you. It's nice to be here.

DM: You arrived here a few days ago, how were those first days?
NH: Great, great, great. We have arrived at the airport and since then the days have passed in a daze. We arrived in Lasft and we actually directly went to the Olympic Village with our bus. Everybody was so tired so we had nothing else to do as sleeping. So the first day passed sleeping..
GR: Then the day after we immediately went to the sporting halls to train, train and train for those first events. Yeah, it was heavy. Fencing will probably be one of the first sports, so it is important for me.
LE: For us it's too. We are a team so it is important to build up everything. We are already playing with each other for a long time, but you have to do that everytime again. But everything is going allright so a medal must be reachable.
DM: So that means it is nice here?
GR: I think it does.

DM: The Olympic Village. What is it exactly? How is the atmosphere there?
GR: Yeah.. it is a little bit as a hotel. I mean, you have rooms with numbers and from the outside it is ugly.
DM: *laughs* Yes, is it ugly?
NH: Oh, it absolutely is.
DM: And the athletes from other nations? Do you have met them?
NH: To be honest, we may not meet them.
DM: And why not?
GR: Don't know, it are the rules. A lot of other nations are also forbidding their athletes to meet other athletes.
DM: Oh, okay. Then do you know about your concurrents?
GR: Of course I do. There are a lot of good athletes from so much nations: I can't count them on my hands plus my feets.

DM: Well, Lalita, you are already playing in our basketball team for 3 years. The Chenkoryan basketball team hasn't got much experience at international competitions. Do you think that's a disadvantage?
LE: The fact that we haven't participated in international competitions itself is not a disadvantage, if your team is not good it will just stay not good, but the fact that our players have no experience can be, indeed, a disadvantage. We are training very hard and we have played some friendlies, but it isn't enough. But we are a very good and tactic team so it must be possible.

DM: Thank you, Lalita, Goro and Nikica. That was Studio Sport for today, tomorrow we'll have some demonstration players here for you.

Phing Phong
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:05 am

Phing Phong TV News
Olympic Team Lands Safely In Cafundeu

Standard Edition

The Olympic delegation of Phing Phong reported a normal landing in Lasft earlier this morning, marking the start of their participation in the Event. A total of nine athletes comprise the national team, and will be competing in the diving, swimming and taekwondo competitions, and Luang Pacharanat Denghuanetyana of the women's diving will be the flag carrier after an internal vote by the team. The VI Olympiad marks the first time athletes from Phing Phong have competed in an international sports competition, making medal prospects unfortunately small. However, were an athlete to win a medal, the whole nation would be most pleased, and the winner would surely be heralded as an icon in the sports world.

Currently, the athletes of the team are preparing for the ceremony marking the opening of the Olympiad, where the small delegation will parade between Perahikia and Qazox. A total of 103 nations are taking part. The events in which Phing Phong will be participating will be broadcasted on Phing Phong CTV-1, or internet channel PPCTV01, while any other events will be broadcast on CTV-4 and CTV-5, or internet channels PPCTV04 and PPCTV05. Commentary will be provided in English from the television network's auxiliary team in Cafundeu, and will be available during any broadcast.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Frior, Lukas islands, 250 miles of Cyborg Holland

Tanya walked lazily over to the sun-lounger and sat down, watching a fishing boat bob around on the sea, she turned and turned on the radio, searching for World Volleyball Expo scores, her husband, Cameron was competing in Carastoga, and they were hot prospects for the finals And Now for the WVE III results buzzed the Radio Cyborg Holland beat New Wadomia 3-0, and Delaclava 3-0, we are now one of the favourites for the tournament, Tanya cheered quietly to herself, and stood and walked over to the bar. She ordered herself a Whiskey on the Rocks, sipping it quietly as three men began to play cricket. Her mind then turned to her injury, all she was missing out on, all the fame, the glory, the fun that she was missing out on, How long she had wanted to compete, but fate had other ideas

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports