NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Sports Car Series 3 (RP Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Havl
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

NationStates Sports Car Series 3 (RP Thread)

Postby Havl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 am

[OOC: This is the RP thread for the Series 3 NationStates Sports Car Series. Signups are now closed.]

SERIES 3 - Final Results

Pos	Car	Driver			Team			Points	Wins	Poles		
1 7 Nee Wan Fyreballz Racing 209 1 -
2 2 Steve Lowndes Forza Racing 201 - 1
3 15 Mikaela Treabian (R) Merconti Racing 188 2 3
4 8 Lou Kollis (R) Fyreballz Racing 173 1 -
5 1 John Newman Forza Racing 169 2 3
6 25 William Jackson Flashback Racing 159 - -
7 3 Paolo Monteluci Monteluci SFS Corse 158 2 1
8 6 Sakiteno Zareni Tarogama MotorSports 155 - -
9 5 Sayono Kayani Tarogama MotorSports 152 1 1
10 4 Michiel van Eekeren Monteluci SFS Corse 133 - -
11 14 Adjont Belkratta Merconti Racing 126 - -
12 24 Michael Jones (R) Flashback Racing 114 1 1
13 11 Sarah Millner (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 112 - -
14 17 Michael Woods (R) Woods Motorsport GT 106 - -
15 12 Jonathan Klein (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 99 - -
16 26 Vladimir Arabadzhiev Bargarrenault 85 - -
17 21 Ryan Conor (R) Kraken Racing Team 85 - -
18 27 Iliya Tzarski Bargarrenault 83 - -
19 16 Tatjana Renzi (R) Woods Motorsport GT 81 - -
20 10 R. Morales-Samoza Banco Nacional Racing 81 - -
21 29 Max van Eindhoven Vandevelden-Spijker 74 - -
22 28 Arjan de Groot Vandevelden-Spijker 67 - -
23 22 Tim Romano Team VIPER 66 - -
24 9 Andreas Martinelli Banco Nacional Racing 65 - -
25 20 Virgilio Nesotre (R) Kraken Racing Team 58 - -
26 18 James Armstrong (R) Hayha Racing 54 - -
27 23 Amanda Acevedo (R) Team VIPER 52 - -
28 12 Katharina Müller (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 44 - -
29 19 Jimmy Maximillian (R) Hayha Racing 33 - -

Pos	Team			Points	Wins	Poles	
1 Fyreballz Racing 382 2 -
2 Forza Racing 370 2 4
3 Merconti Racing 314 2 3
4 Tarogama MotorSports 307 1 1
5 Monteluci SFS Corse 291 2 1
6 Flashback Racing 273 1 1
7 Team Aquilyne AMR 255 - -
8 Woods Motorsport GT 187 - -
9 Bargarrenault 168 - -
10 Banco Nacional Racing 146 - -
11 Kraken Racing Team 143 - -
12 Vandevelden-Spijker 141 - -
13 Team VIPER 118 - -
14 Hayha Racing 87 - -

Veejay Thumberg wrote:Hello and welcome to preseason coverage of Series 3 of the NationStates Sports Car Series on HTVM. I’m your host, Veejay Thumberg, and I’m joined by color-commentator and 2008 SuperFormula champion Jody Hödem. I’ll go ahead and speak for Jody in saying that this third season of sports car racing is sure to be full of excitement.

Let’s take a look at the proposed field, brought to you today by Energizia, Inc. As we look at the preseason lineup, you’ll see that some of the world’s greatest marques are represented—Aston Martin, Nissan, Saleen, Fyreballz, Tarogama, Merconti, Tesla, and last year's champions, Forza and Monteluci. The formula for NSCS is comparable to the former GT1 class that we’ve seen in Le Mans 24 hour competition. These purpose-built racers are production-based, including the engine and chassis specifications.

SERIES 3 TEAMS AND DRIVERS
Forza Racing Team (Vitaphone Racing) - Series 1 Team Champion
#1 John Newman - Series 1 and Series 2 Drivers' Champion
#2 Steve Lowndes - Series 1 and Series 2 Best Qualifier

Monteluci SFS Corse (Van Luxemburg) - Series 2 Team Champion, Series 1 and 2 Reliability Award
#3 Paolo Monteluci - Series 2 Most Improved Driver
#4 Michiel van Eekeren

Tarogama MotorSports (Hodori Motorsports) - Series 2 Best New Team
#5 Sayono Kayani - Series 2 Most Popular Driver
#6 Sakiteno Zareni

Fyreballz Racing (Spitfyred1) - Series 2 Privateer Award
#7 Nee Wan - Series 1 Rookie of the Year
#8 Lou Kollis (R)

Banco Nacional Racing (Costa Fiero)
#9 Andreas Martinelli - Series 1 Most Improved Driver
#10 Ricardo Morales-Samoza

Team Aquilyne AMR (Aquilinia)
#11 Sarah Millner (R)
#12 Jonathan Klein (R)

Merconti Racing (Belfras)
#14 Adjont Belkratta
#15 Mikaela Treabian (R)

Woods Motorsport GT (The Babbage Islands)
#16 Tatjana Renzi (R)
#17 Michael Woods (R)

Hayha Racing (Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk)
#18 James Armstrong (R)
#19 Jimmy Maximillian (R)

Kraken Racing Team (Rustika)
#20 Virgilio Nesotre (R)
#21 Ryan Conor (R)

Team VIPER (Isla de Ayala)
#22 Tim Romano
#23 Amanda Acevedo (R)

Flashback Racing (Ahtreil)
#24 Michael Jones (R)
#25 William Jackson - Series 2 Rookie of the Year

Bargarrenault (Bargaria)
#26 Vladimir Arabadzhiev
#27 Iliya Tzarski

Vandevelden-Spijker (Leepaidamba)
#28 Arjan de Groot
#29 Max van Eindhoven
Veejay Thumberg wrote:Now let's take a peek at this season's calendar, sponsored by Crookfur Arms. The teams will be visiting some of the most fascinating circuits from around the globe. The tracks, ranging from two to over twenty kilometers, will bring unique challenges to the teams and drivers.

SERIES 3 CALENDAR
1. Davenport International Circuit (Havl)
2. The Glass Onion (Spitfyred1)
3. Medion International Raceway (Vitaphone Racing)
4. Autodromo Calles del Vittoria (Costa Fiero)
5. Circuito di Villa Cipresso (Van Luxemburg)
6. Moss-Clark Circuit (The Babbage Islands)
7. Neustadtring (Südschleife) (Aquilinia)
8. Broxhead Circuit (Belfras)
9. Tarogama East Circuit (Hodori Motorsports)
10. Kino Speedway (Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk)

Veejay Thumberg wrote:Thanks for tuning in to preseason coverage of Series 3 of the NationStates Sports Car Series. Join us next time live from Davenport as we begin the championship in earnest. For HTVM and Jody Hödem, this is Veejay Thumberg signing off.
Last edited by Havl on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Eyes on the Road
Lou Kollis

Hello internet, this is Lou.
If you don't know me, I am a car racer. I race for Fyreballz Racing in the NSSCS. This will be my rookie season and I am so excited!

This is perhaps the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. A year ago, I was content with domestic racing and hoped to go international in a few years. Now I am a twenty-year-old guy with the coolest job in the world! The series is one of the best in the world and I have a spot on one of the strongest teams. My teammate is really cool. Nee is very experienced in this series and is a great guy. He has been teaching me about some of the opponents, and been helping me with the car set-up. I am used to open-wheel racers and am excited about the chance to race a real car. And a Fyreballz DBR9 at that! The team principal Mr. Nutz is great. He raced in the series last year and has been teaching me a bit. He is a very cerebral racer and knows a lot. He has been helping me with the car and getting it set-up. I feel confident having him on the squad.

The only disappointing thing about this experience is leaving Spitfyred1. In ten weeks, I will only be home for one week. I know that I should be mature and stuff, but it is my first time really away from family. I'm not homesick I just feel... differant and more mature. If you are reading this and are family, this is my hug. I miss my flat and my friends. I had made plans to go with them to the upcoming races, but I guess they will be watching me.

The opposing racers seem imposing. The teams from last season have lots of great drivers and Nee tells me the Tarogama women are really great drivers. Forza and Monteluci seem like the teams to beat so I will have to work hard to keep up with them. Banco Racing is apparantly good as well. The other racers are unknown rookies like me. I have no idea how good they will be, so I am eagerly awaiting the first race. Keep watching this space!

P.S. If any other drivers want to meet up. Drop me a line. I would love to meet some people and make some friends.

Belfras
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Belfras » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Belfrasian Broadcasting Corporation,
BBC Sports,
18:30 programme; Driving Crazy!

"Hello! NSCS is just a few days away and finally a Belfrasian team has signed up!" The man talking was in a suit sitting on a sofa, he was talking to a camera. The studio was dead silent apart from him.

"Yes, Merconti has put forward Merconti Racing with the Vanquer GT. Ted Urving was at Merconti Racing in Isn Callis to get a glimpse at this new car.."

The feed changes to Ted Urving walking around a Vanquer GT

"Hello, I'm Ted Urving. And this is the Vanquer GT. Fitted with a carbon fibre body over Aluminium framework, it weighs in at only 2,400 lb. Masterwork on shaping the body and the sides allow it better downforce, all the better for its V-12 engine to propell it further! A six-gear sequential gearbox allows the driver to quickly get from naught to sixty in just 3.4 seconds with a top speed of over 200 miles an hour.."

He stopped walking around the car to bend down and point at the rear diffuser "Merconti have specially designed this diffuser, and even most of the chassis for a pretty even configuration this Season. Earlier I spoke with Team Director Benjamin Marks."

The feed changes again to Ted talking to Benjamin

"So, whats the teams objectives this season?" Ted asks Benjamin. They're stood over the Vanquer GT with Benjamin wearing a suit like Teds but with a coat with the Merconti logo emblazed on it.

"Well, this year we're just hoping to get finishes.. Be consistant so we can take what we learn and hopefully get some points while doing so. We think we've pulled together a really great car and we hope to see some good finishes."

"Alright, tell us about the two drivers. Everyones dying to know more about them!" Ted asked a moment or two after

"Heh. Well Adjont Belkratta, our driver in the One car, comes from the Mystical Mountain Provinces and joined us back in the 2008 season of the BTCC. Mikaela Treabian we found in 2010 test-driving from Team Raltrannri. She broke the circuits record while on a test run, so we saw the potential. She's been a great addition to the team and has really suprised us."

"In what way?" Ted poked deeper into the 'Surpised us' part.

"Well, she's incredibly technical minded. Always keen to learn more about the car, always keen to offer suggestions or work on the car with the boys and girls throughout the night when their isnt a race day near. She actually came up with the suggestion for changing the size of the diffuser which gave us almost half a second better lap times!"

"I'm sure she'll be great." Ted smiled at Benjamin "So, final words Ben. Strategy for this upcoming race?"

Benjamin just smiled "If both the kids come back without scratching the car, I'll be happy."

The feed changes back to the studio..

"Here with me are the new duo." The presenter was still sitting on the sofa, but the wider-angle camera showed the two drivers were sitting opposite him on another sofa.

"So, guys. Whats your thoughts on the first race?" The presenter enjoyed a quick giggle with the drivers before Adjont started

"Well, Davenport Circuits just spectacular. The straight-line speed down the main straight before turn one will be critical and I think we can handle it. I think we'll end up middle of the grid, maybe?" He looked over to Mikaela who smiled

"Lets hope so! It'd be a great boost for the team as a whole if we could start our first season at NSCS off with a decent finish."

"Thoughts on getting P1?" The presenter smiled broadly at the two drivers who quickly laughed

"Benjamin said to us to not expect such high levels." Mikaela responded with one of her smiles "But secretly, yeah. I hope we score some good points, even a win! We certainly won't be eager to give positions away. Heck, Adjont here least of the both of us!"

"It's been spectacular meeting you both." the Presenter smiled at the two before looking at the camera

"Race one at Davenport Circuit starts in just a few days time. The best of luck to all the racers, especially these fine young people and their superb car! Goodnight."
Last edited by Belfras on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demonym is Belfrasian, currency is Lira

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Victory Lane

A blog by Simo Hayha

Hi I am Simo Hayha, and this is my blog, Victory Lane. For those of you who don't know me, I was a driver from Kogvuron who raced for a season in Whittoria. Now, after retiring, I have decided to focus my efforts on journalism. Today, I want to discuss the new drivers from ABK who will be participating in NSSCS3, James Armstrong and Jimmy Maximillian. They will be racing for Hayha Racing, owned by yours truly. I personally chose these drivers to race under my name.

First, James. Well, James was an interesting boy. I first met him at a race in Whittoria when he was 19. I gave him an autograph, and I noticed that he liked to drive in a simulator that was set up as an exhibition outside the track. He was pretty good, well, that might be an overstatement. He had a knack for speed though, and since I was looking to form a team with whatever I could find, I invited him to have coffee with me at a local coffehouse. Speaking of coffee, there's this big coffee company, jeez, I can't remember what its called, they have good teas and smoothies as well. Oh yeah, it is Abkoffee. Mmmmm, those mango smoothies, well nevermind. That's off the topic. So, at the coffeehouse, I agreed to give James a test drive, and he impressed me. He only crashed 4 times, the lowest total I had seen so far, so I put him under close watch. He emerged as one of the best amateur karting drivers in Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk, so I signed him to a nice contract. Now 21, he is very adventurous, and fearless. He may represent Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk in BMX at the Summer Olympics, if that event is running this year, so I had to put in a nice insurance premium for him. It seems, he will be well worth it though. You will see him in the #18 car this season.

Now Jimmy. I met Jimmy at a publicity event for soldiers, which he was, prior to the disbandment of the Abdian Army (currently, the only member of the Abdian Army is a 91-year old General who refused to leave the Defense office.) We chatted a little, and he told me that, prior to his joining the military, he had been a good kart driver. He told me some of the names of people he had raced against, some very familiar today, and I was impressed. This was at the end of the Abdian Military Era, and he had a feeling that he was soon going to be unemployed, they were hearing stuff from the Parliament in Swift, so he was wondering if he might be able to try out to race, if I formed a team. Being a good citizen, I said sure to this military man, and said I would ensure he could at least get a job as a mechanic. However, I was kind of skeptical. So, when the military was disbanded a few months later, he called, and I set him up for a try-out in Kino. I wasn't expecting much, and I gave him a back-up car, in case he crashed, which I thought was imminent. I had also called in emergency teams beforehand to be ready in case of any injury. I have never been so wrong about a driver, as I was about Jimmy. He zipped around the track at a remarkable rate, just off the track record, which was astounding, considering he hadn't been in a race car for a few years. He didn't crash once, which cost me a lot in emergency team costs, but I was so excited, that I did not care in the least. I hurriedly signed him to a contract, right there on the track, as I thought I had seen him talking to a scout from a rival team. He has consistently performed well in practice, and is a great guy to be around. He will be driving the #19 car this season.

Now, enough about my racing team. I predict a win from John Newman of Forza Racing for the season, as well as for the first race in Havl. John is a great driver. I do predict that my team will finish solidly, but with drivers like John on the other teams, it will be hard for them to muster a top 3 finish. However, upsets do happen, so we will have to watch and see. Signing off, while waiting excitedly for the first race, this is Simo Hayha, of Victory Lane.
Last edited by Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Round of 16:Baptism of Fire 43, WLC 12, DI Bradini Cup 19, Copa Rushmori VI, WISC 3

Quarterfinals:Draggonnii Inviyatti VI, Gaelic Games World Championships Hurling, Beach Cup V

8th Place:Market Cup 4

7th Place:Water World Championships 2

6th Place:ABK Military Exercise Competition

4th Place:2nd Wadomia Track Invitational (Men's), Baptism of Iron 9

3rd Place:Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Second Place:McLeod Cup VI

Champion: Coupe Coutu

Hosted:ABK Military Exercise Competition, Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Rankings:Lockey (3)|Babbage Rules (15)

My World Census Form viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868&p=6308138#p6308138

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 pm

NSCS 3 Forza Technical Brief

By Jeffery Stillen
Director; Forza Dealership Team

Forza Racing Team is both excited and honoured to again participate as a factory team within the NationStates Sports Car Series, regarded by many as the pinnacle league of sports car racing and one of the most widely televised sporting leagues around the globe.

After impressive results in both Series 1 and Series 2 of the NSCS, Forza has increased it's spending and it's devotion to the NSCS for the third series, with more money and more resources being devoted to the development, production and mantinence of the racing team and it's equipment.

Forza sees racing not as a sport, but as a way to test and develop new technologies which will inevitably adorn the race cars of tomorrow. Technologies which don't just improve performance, but safety and fuel economy. Both literally and metaphorically, Forza is indeed racing for a better place.

The #1 car of John Newman

John Newman, the veteran of over 300 race starts will again be the primary driver for this year. After being crowned as the driver's champion in the first series of NSCS and then backing it up with another crown in the second series, Newman comes back looking for another excellent season within the NSCS. Newman is yet to renew his contract which expires at the end of this season.

Steve Lowndes again takes the reigns as the number two driver. After taking home the best qualifier award for Series 1 and Series 2, Lowndes has proved himself to be a natural talent within the NSCS and the young driver certainly has a bright future ahead of him. Lowndes recently showed a more mature and cautious driving style which will be of great use throughout the season.

Primary Sponsor

The Yohannische Bundesbank and in particular the Bank of Indonesia and Royal Java have renewed their sponsorship of the Forza Racing Team. After a brilliant partnership with the bank last season, Forza is glad that they are again working with the reknowned financial institution.

Automotive component manufacturer Campagnolo has also renewed it's sponsorship of the team and will continue to provide core components for the racing team, such as gearboxes, brake pads and linings and other essential items. Campagnolo's decades of experience with racing makes them a welcome addition to the team.

Coronadan racing development firm Sunred has also upped it's stake in the team to 40%.

Technical Brief

Despite the MY11 R12 GT1 finishing the NSCS in second last season, Forza technicians still weren't quite happy with the overall performance of the car and in particular the car's persistently poor reliability. . In the short off-season, technicians and engineers went back to the drawing board to address the problems with the car's reliability while still mainting the car's core strengths such as it's geniously designed aero package which was no doubt responsible for the fantastic performance of the car.

The MY11-2 R12 differs only slightly from the MY11 GT1 which was considered by Forza engineers to be a perfect car when it was conceived. Chassis, exterior and gearbox remain relatively unchanged from the MY11 car.

The new MY11 R12 uses a special designed diffuser at the rear above the exhaust to channel the airflow under the car and keep the car more stuck to the tarmac. When a diffuser is used, the air flows into the underbody from the front and sides of the car, accelerates and reduces pressure. There is a suction peak at the transition of the flat bottom and diffuser. The diffuser then eases this high velocity air back to normal velocity and also helps fill in the area behind the car making the whole underbody a more efficient downforce producing device by reducing drag on the car and increasing downforce.

At the front of the car, a front spiltter is mounted to hold the front of the car to the track. The splitter works by causing the airstream to be brought to stagnation above the splitter by using an air dam, causing an area of high pressure. Below the splitter, the air is redirected away from the stagnation zone and is accelerated, causing the pressure to drop. This, combined with the high pressure over the splitter creates downforce. The splitter at the front can be reset by the driver on long straights so that the splitter isn't providing downforce, thus reducing the overall drag on the car and permitting higher speeds. This new splitter is of a far different design from the one that was seen on the MY10 car. After the incident with the #2 chassis on the last race of the first series, the splitter was given a much more durable build to better widthstand the forces acting on it when the car is travelling at high speed. The honeycomb build means the splitter is far more structurally sound, but deflects less by 2mm at 200km/h and is also 500 grams heavier.

The GT rear wing sits a full 1.5 metres above the ground and can produce up to 1,550 kg of downforce when the car is travelling at 300km/h. The GT wing works in tandem with the rear lip spoiler to create enough downforce to prevent the rear wheels of the car skidding loose from the immense power produced from the engine. This rear lip can be stalled mid race by the driver, preventing the wing from creating downforce and subsequent drag. This allows for an extra 8km/h on an average 1000m straight from a starting speed of 120km/h, something that doesn't seem like much but every little bit counts during a race. Crucially, this allows the car to be running a high-downforce set up and a low downforce set up on the same race track, giving the car a much better all round capability. The rear lip is stalled by redirecting airflow through the two small scoops above the rear wheels, and then redirecting it under the lip to create a suction, thus stalling the spoiler.
The rear wing itself can also be adjusted to produce minimum drag on long straight on the track. When the driver cuts downforce to the rear spoiler, the top half rear wing also changes camber to lie flat on the lower half, minimizing drag and providing the same advantages as the F-Ducted rear spoiler.

Possibly the best aerodynamic innovation for the MY11 car is the new blown diffuser mounted on the extreme rear of the car. A blown diffuser is a mechanism based around using the exhaust gases to interact with the diffuser, which sits at the back of the car at the end of the floor. This moves the wake or turbulence created by the rear wheels outwards where it won't disturn the diffuser and re-energise the air flowing over the diffuser to create move downforce. Blown diffusers aren't new technology, but they will be appearing for the first time on the R12 GT1

One of the major similarities between the R12 and the R12 GT1 is the engine. The 6.0 Litre V12 engine that is found in the regular R12 also makes its way into the GT1, relatively unfettled. The V12 is constructed out of an all-aluminium block to give it exceptionally light weight yet offer a withstanding of the intense forces of heat and energy that would be produced inside each of the cylinder blocks when this engine was running, let alone at maximum RPM's for extended durations. Carburettors were considered, then discarded in favour of direct injection technology. The V12 uses double overhead cams to lift a total of 72 valves, or six valves (three entry, three exit) valves per cylinder. This design minimizes the upwards pressure of the cylinder on the exhaust stroke, yet maximizes the downwards pressure of the fuel and air mixture on the induction stroke. The entire engine is dry-sumped and water cooled to maintain its performance edge over long distances. The use of a dry-sump over a wet sump is due to the lower centre of gravity a dry (or seperately located) sump will provide and an increase in oil capacity. Water cooling was favoured over air cooling due to the concerns the mid-mounted engine may be starved of oxygen if air cooling was used, not to mention the more effective coolant system.

Due to the engine's poor reliability in season one, Forza technicians took a step back from the pursuit of performance in order to better preserve the drivetrain components of the car. Crucially was that the compression ratio of 12:1 proved to be too high for standard designed cylinders and pistons so the technicians examined other areas of improvement.

The pistons have been redesigned substantially from the MY11 series and differ greatly in appearance. The signature feature of the piston is the large cavity in the centre of the piston which reduces the effect of 'knocking' when the compression ratio is too high. Improved fuel injection stemming from the uprated ECU and a 4-2-1 exhaust system reduces the internal stresses on the cylinder block and greatly improves the reliability of the engine. As a result, engineers saw no need to lower the compression ratio any further.

The high compression ratio high redline of 8000rpm, allows the engine to utilize power from a very wide rev band, not unlike a Formula 1 car. Variable Valve timing constantly alters the intake and exhaust valves to ensure pressure is kept to a maximum to sustain high engine power. Power output is as a result, staggering. 456kw is produced at 7550rpm and is sustained until the 8500rpm limit and cut-out. Torque output reflects the large displacement naturally aspirated engine perfectly, with a stunning 720nm on tap from 5750rpm, yet 620nm of torque is delivered from as little as 2700rpm. This means the V12 has a very wide power band, allowing the driver to have complete control over the momentum of the vehicle and be assured that sufficient power is always available no matter which gear or what engine speed the car is running at.

This enourmous output is channeled by a Formula 1 inspired gearbox, manufactured by reknown race builder Campagnolo. The SS-6 is a double clutch sequential gearbox, with gears 1,3,5 mounted on one shaft, with 2,4,6 mounted on a seperate shaft. This means that when a driver swaps a gear, the next gear is already lined up and ready to engage, cutting shift times by a significant amount over single clutch or torque converter gear box and delivers a much smoother shift action than a regular clutched gearbox. The SS-6 weighs in at just 95kg, making it the perfect choice for a car of this stature.

All this power is stopped by four huge Carbon Ceramic brake discs which are nearly 40 cm in diameter at the front and 35 cm in diameter at the rear. The grooved and ventilated brake discs are clamped by a single Campagnolo six piston caliper, which is hydraulically operated with electronic assist. Carbon Ceramic discs experience much less fade than regular discs, weigh much less, and are far less likely to fail in a race An Electronic Brake Balance distributor is mounted to the dashboard to the driver can choose whether the brake force distribution is balanced between front and rear or slightly offset

Safety is no laughing matter and Forza always takes driver safety as a paramount issue. A 3-Point harness is fitted to the Racing Bucket manufactured by Sparco, a full FIA approved roll cage is fitted to the interior of the car and a fire-extinguishing system is also fitted to prevent an explosion if the worst comes to the worst. The heavily re-inforced cabin and the lightly re-inforced front and rear mean the driver is much less likely to be injured as the average force acting upon him in a crash will be greatly reduced as the front or rear accepts most of the impact.

Wheels are manufactured by ENKEI and are 19 inches tall, 275mm wide. The five spoke ENKEI's are designed to suck air through the rotating wheel to cool the brake disc and then channel the air underneath the car to very slightly increase downforce in a sucking effect. Tyres fitted are Bridgestone Potenza 275/25 R19. Bridgestone has long been a partner of Forza Automotive and the Potenza tyre is one that is very familiar with the R12 GT1. Tyres of full-wet weather, slick and intermediate are available to the Forza team in both hard and soft compounds.

[
ModelR12 GT1 Race Car
L/W/H 4812/1760/1390
Wheelbase2840
BodyAluminium/Carbonfibre: 2 doors 1 seat
Boot capacity-
Weight (kg)1250
Brakes Front/RearCarbon Ceramic Discs Ventilated 390mm/350mm
Suspension FrontDouble A-Arms, Multilinks, coil springs, anti roll bar
Suspension RearDouble A-Arms, Multilinks, coil springs, anti roll bar
TyresBridgestone Potenza 275/25 R19
DrivetrainMid Engine Rear Drive
Engine6.0 Litre V12
Output power/torque455/820
Power/Weight Ratio360kw/Tonne
Transmission:Campagnolo SS-6 6-speed sequential
Redline8500rpm
Fuel100 Octane

VRSports.com

Vitaphone Racing's 24/7 Sporting Website & Television Station

NSCS Series 3 fast approaching!

It almost seems like yesterday that NSCS 2 was in full swing but you can now put all that behind you with the third installment of the series about to make it's way onto a television screen near you!

Earlier today, Forza Director Harrison Grant revealed this series' new challenger to a thunderous reception inside the Medion Exhibition Centre along with resigned driver's John Newman and Steve Lowndes. Reporter Mikaela Golde was lucky enough to catch up with team principle Domenic Maran at today's event

Mikaela: So Dom, you've just revealed your new car for this year. What's different about it and how do you think it will go?
Dom: After last season we all saw that our car just wasn't in it for the long run so obviously changes needed to be made to the drivetrain of it. All the updates to the car centre around the engine in the hope that they will last a bit longer than usual for this season. I think you can expect a more consistent performance from us this year.
Mikaela: Well Dom, you've seen the list of contenders this year. Are you any more nervous than what you were last season?
Dom: Probably less actually because we were going in as the team to beat last season. Now we are just another contender. Of course Monteluci did very well last year and we have a great rivalry with them so they are the team to beat in our eyes. Hodori Motorsports showed a lot of promise last season so they will be tough challengers. It's good to see Banco back after a bit of a hiatus and as always the Fyreballz are very consistent finishers.
Mikaela: How is the rivalry between John and Steve shaping up?
Dom: Rivalry isn't something that's generally tolerated at Forza Racing and we will tell our drivers when to back off or when to move over. John and Steve have to fight with twenty two other drivers out there, they don't need to fight with each other.
Mikaela: Well Dom thanks for your time, I'll let you get back to the party!
Dom: Thanks Mikaela.

And the NSCS has welcomed five new teams this year so far with two slots still yet to be filled before the first race at Davenport in Havl. Last year's top four finishers have all returned while Banco has re-entered the competition after sitting out Series 2.

That's all we have for the moment. Join us in a weeks time for the all the action from the Davenport circuit in Havl, which again will host the maiden race!
Last edited by Vitaphone Racing on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Isla de Ayala
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isla de Ayala » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:10 am

It was a beautiful sunny morning outside the Ayala Logistics Corp Headquarters building. Dozens of news reporters had gathered around for a press conference. A podium was set up at the top of the steps, just off-center to the right, with a large sheet-covered object to the left.
Suddenly, the main door opened, and three figures emerged from the building. Cameras came to life as everyone recognized A.L.C. CEO Tim Romano as he stepped up to the podium, his two companions waiting behind him.
"Good morning everyone," he began, "and thank you for coming. Today is a big day for both me, our company, and yourselves. As you know, the strong tourist growth of Isla de Ayala has brought new oppertunities for us all. However, I believe there are even more to grab for. To that end, I have formed a new Sports Car racing team, which", at this point, the whole crowd starts talking and shouting questions, "will bring both international attention and tourists to our island. We will be competing against the best of the world, and I have no doubt it will be a great challange. That said, I would like to introduce one of two drivers for Team VIPER! Amanda Acevedo!" As Amanda stepped forward, all cameras went off, and dozens of questions flew through the air. After a moment, Romano quieted the crowd and continued.
"Amanda is a skilled driver, and will no doubt bring us to victory. I have full confidence in her abilities. And now, the star of Team VIPER," As he talks, the sheet is lifted to reveil a silver car, "the Defender!" The sheet is gone, and the car shines in the sunlight. Cameras flash, and everyone struggles to get a look at the car. "Powered by a Viper V10 alluminum block, the Defender has the strength, power, and speed to take us to victory. This car is a prototype for a new police interceptor, and has been stripped-down for racing. Watch out for this snake, and its 575bhp bite!" This last remark get some laughs from the crowd. "I will be joining Amanda as the Defender's second driver. After all, why own a car if you can't drive it?" More laughter. "We will be leaving tomorrow to fly to our first event at Davenport in our Tu-154, which has been modified with rear loading doors for two chassis and support equipment. Questions?"
Last edited by Isla de Ayala on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aquilinia
Senator

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 am

AQNE Sports - Your Reliable Source for all Aquilinian Sports News

Team Aquilyne AMR Present NSSports Car Series 3 Drivers

Neustadt. At a massive press conference at the Neustadtring yesterday, Martin Schneider, team principal of the new Team Aquilyne AMR, Aquilinia's first ever entry into an international GT series, introduced his new team to the public. Aquilinian energy drink manufacturer Aquilyne AG owns a 100% share in the team and serves as principal and only sponsor for this season, with Aston Martin Racing providing their DBR9 for the team. The AMR DBR9 has seen striking success in the Aquilinian GT Championship, and Team Aquilyne hope that it will serve them well in the NSSC.

Aquilyne driver Sarah Millner's DBR9 before confirmation of start numbers

To face the fierce competition, Schneider has found an expert for the new team: Sarah Millner, reigning national GT champion and holder of the lap record on the short configuration of the Neustadtring, whose legendary Südschleife will host the seventh out of ten races in this season's NSSC calendar. Twenty-six year old Millner is the most successful woman in Aquilinian motorsports yet, having won a stunning nine out of eleven races in last year's AGT series driving for the small privateer team Starlight Racing. Since her contract with Starlight expired at the end of the season, she was free to join Schneider's new Team Aquilyne. At her side will be twenty-two year old Jonathan Klein, formerly racing for Aquilyne Racing in the national Formula Three championship, who was hand-picked by Millner herself.

With the first race at Davenport International Circuit only a few weeks away, AQNE Sports has compiled short profiles of both drivers:

#11 - Sarah Millner

ImageImage

Home: Schweinfurt, Francia, Aquilinia
Personal Sponsor: Aquilinische Flugzeugwerke

Career overview:
  • Racing since age of 14
  • Won Aquilinian Karting Cup in her first season
  • Holds Lap Record for the Neustadtring (GP configuration)
  • First woman to win a GT race in Aquilinia
  • Greatest Success: Aquilinian GT Championship 2010 (winner)

#12 - Jonathan Klein

ImageImage

Home: Klausenburg, Sirius, Aquilinia
Personal Sponsor: AqOil

Career overview:
  • Raging since age 12
  • Driving in AF3 championship since 17th birthday
  • Greatest success: Aquilinian Formula 3 Championship 2010 (runner-up)

An Interview with Sarah Millner

AQNE: Sarah, thank you for joining us for this interview. Are you excited for your first season in the NSSC?

Millner: Indeed I am. The track at Davenport is great, and the competition will be tough. So yes, I am very excited about it all.

AQNE: Speaking of the competition, who are you seeing as your closest competitors?

Millner: Well, claiming to be in the same league as John Newman or the Monteluci team would be dreaming. I think our best shot will be at securing a firm hold on the midfield. I am expecting fierce competition between Aquilyne and Merconti, but we won't be able to say anything until after the first few races.

AQNE: What about competition within the team?

Millner: (laughs) Well, Jonathan is a great driver, but has no experience with GT cars. I, on the other hand, have been driving the DBR9 for two years already, and I know the car's strengths and weaknesses. It'll be a tough competition, but I hope I'll keep the upper hand.

AQNE: Speaking of the DBR9, have you done any special modifications to the car?

Millner: Well, we have worked on the set-up and the aerodynamics, but of course I won't tell details. It's a great car, and I am sure we'll be able to keep up with the big teams. We are a bit worried about its reliability, but I am sure we'll work it out over the first few races.

AQNE: Thank you very much for this interview, and good luck for the first race.

Millner: Thank you, it was a pleasure.
Etat Liber Aquilini - Freistaat Aquilinien - Free State of Aquilinia
Libertas et Unitas - Freiheit und Einheit - Freedom and Unity

Empress: Lucille II of the House of Silvanus Aquili
Consul: Dr. Zoé Metelli

Proud member of Esvanovia
Formerly of Sondria

Rustika
Minister

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rustika » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:14 pm

RNN Television News Report at 9:00 pm

Well, after much anticipation it seems the rumors are true everybody. The leaked report from a Kraken mechanic stating that a Rustik racing team would be participating in the thrilling Nation States Car Series is true! And racing fans all over Rustika are purchasing tickets to the next race in Davenport, it would make for an excellent weekend trip indeed. This is the first time in Rustik history that Rustika would be represented by two of our drivers on the international racing scene. Here with us we have Leonardo Vincente, head engineer for the racing duo,

"Welcome to the show Leonardo, were happy you could be with us today, what are your thoughts on the upcoming races?"

"The entire team feels good about this, Kraken spared no expense in finding and equipping the best drivers in Rustika with the best equipment available to us."

"Interesting, do you know what car model will be used by the duo?"

"Yes I do. Montelusso is a reliable company which produces extraordinary cars, so we used to models of the Montelusso Grand Sport Furioso, we had to modify the engine to decrease the horse power, otherwise the car wouldn't be accepted, but it still makes excellent time."

"Perfect, what do you think of the talent Kraken has assembled?"

"Both the drivers are well qualified for this job, both have participated in dangerous races, on very complex tracks and against very aggresive competition, so Im sure they will shine in this tournament. As for the mechanical team, every one is well familiarized with the cars and when it comes to working togheter in the pit people seem to get the car race worthy in astounding time."

"Perfect, Im sure people all over the world will be tuning in to observe this competition, we can only hope Kraken does well. Thank you for joining us on the show, its been a pleasure having you on. As for you viewers stay tuned for the report at 9:30, this is Rustik National News wishing you a good day."
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Member of the MNU

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:31 am

To boldly go.. Where no Krystothiner has gone before!
Adjont Belkrattas blog

Hi all! Its just AB checking in.

Me and Mikaela arrived at Davenport yesterday, what a place! The circuits fantastic, i'm really looking forward to the raceday. Mikaela told me she had the weirdest dream about the start of the race, something about her car stalling and catching fire? Hopefully she'll calm down now we've been given these firesuits from Merconti Kits.

After me and Mikaela arrived the Vanquer GTs did. Whaat a sight! Sure, we saw GTs that were similar in every shape and form at the test tracks back home in Belfras. But we're going to race in these! Mikaela called hers ladybug and is after permission of having one painted on the window under he name. Mine? It doesn't need a name, 'baby' seems to be enough.

Oh! Before I continue.. The name of the title, If noones guessed, is where i'm from. Krystothin (crease too thin). You probably never heard of it, it's one of the tiniest villages imaginable on the side of J104 mountain in the Mystical Mountains.

The suits I mentioned from Merconti Kits? They're actually going global! If anyone watches this space and needs a firesuit, i'd really recommend them. They're cheap, like $200 a suit and they even print the suit how you want it and do at-cost replacements if you wreck your current one.

Ooh, i'm on the phone to Mikaela now (we're like one room away, but the phone system is AMAZING) and shes spotted a fellow drivers blog, Lou Kollis. You should go and check his out after! I'm sure we'll meet Lou at the drivers meeting before the race. Mikaelas sending him an email saying hi for everyone at Merconti, suppose it'll help bring everyone together when we're not busy trying to beat eachother in the track!

Watch this space for more dirty details!

AB

To: Lou Kollis' email
Re: Meet!

Hey, Lou! Its Mikaela Treabian, from Merconti Racing? We just arrived in Davenport and I just wanted to say hi! Excited about the upcoming season? I know I am!

Bargaria
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bargaria » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Bargarian National News

Bargarrenault Have High Hopes For Series
- By Stefan Tafrov

Bargarrenault makes it debut in the NSSC this season after years of political wrangling on the home front as the motor car sport tried to secure funds from the government but after the most successful season in the domestic leagues in Bargaria since the sports inception it seems that the national government has decided to back the team in hopes of a successful season and there are many out there who have high expectations for the team.

Bagarrenaults team principal is Grigor Vachkov, a national hero back in Bargaria after his racing career which saw him win 4 titles in 4 years, a record yet unmatched! If there is one thing for sure it is that Vachkov is the man for the job who has years of experience and years of talent behind him as well, it has been reported, as ruthless efficency and the running of a tight ship!

The two racers this season for Bargarrenault are Vladimir Arabadzhiev and Iliya Tzarski, both are talented drivers. Vladimir is a crowd favourite, known as 'Valdo' by his fans he is an aggressive driver who never fails to please with his daring driving and although this approach sometimes backfires the crowd is always in for a thrill. His partner Iliya is a much mroe patient driver who is an experienced and well rounded driver who plays a safe race which will suit Vlado's driving well as at least Iliya will always have a solid performance.

The first race will take place in Davenport and Bagerrenault are planning to burst onto the Series scene with a good performance and despite disappointment that a circuit in Bargaria was not chosen to be part of the race due to timing hopes are still high. Many fans, disappointed that they can't watch their team at home have travelled to Davenport to watch the race.

All I can say is that we are in for one hell of a race!!

ImageThe Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9 is the car chosen to carry the Bagarrenault team to victory. Tzarski races in this car normally so is well versed in it but Vlado may struggle.

Iliya Tzarski after a practice lap.

Vladimir 'Valdo' Arabadzheiv on a practice lap at Davenport.
Last edited by Bargaria on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
People's Republic of Bargaria (PRB) / Народна република Баргария (НРБ)

Map
Factbook

(Think Communist Bulgaria)

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 pm

VITTORIA: Banco Nacional Racing is back with two familiar drivers and an new team manager. Luis Mastretti is the new team manager and has pulled back Andreas Martinelli and Ricardo Morales-Samoza for the third NSSC Season. Mastretti assembled the team from the first season after the failure of Velaro Media Racing. He says Banco Nacional Racing has now sorted out its funding troubles and is expected to repeat the same success as previous years.
"I wanted to recreate the same success as we had the first season," Luis said. "We have the same team and the same drivers so we could expect more of the same pole positions and round wins during this season."

This year, NSSC returns to the Autodromo Calles del Vittoria, the famed street circuit which catapulted Andreas Martinelli to near-stardom in the first season. It has a history of attrition and making and breaking drivers. Andreas is the most experienced driver on that circuit and is expecting a good season ahead.
"Last time was a dud for me," he said. "I want to make this season work for the team and to make Costa Fiero feel the same pride as we did the first season." Martinelli said he has eyed John Newman as his primary target and said he hopes to get close and even beat him in some rounds.

Less ambitious but equally as talented, Ricardo Morales-Samoza is back for the thrid season and is expected to stay with the team for two more. The 23 year old driver is expected to make an improvement with his driving style.
"Last time it was a matter of too fast too soon," he said. "I've reined in my speed a little to concentrate on finishing whilst at the same time, achieving the podium finishes and wins that the team expects."

The first round begins and Davenport in Havl with both Banco Nacional drivers coming home in the fourth round.

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 am

Monteluci joins in competition for the third season, has high hopes

Monteluci's hope for the new season, an almost unchanged Duca SFS Corse GT1

After a fantastic comeback in the second season of the Nationstates sports car series, taking home the team championship and Paolo Monteluci nearly snatching the driver championship from current champion John Newman, Monteluci returns to Davenport, Havl, again for the first race in the third season of the series.

The car used will once again be Monteluci’s Duca, in SFS Corse GT1 trim, a modification from the original GT2 model that has so far proven to be extremely reliable and especially in its element at the more twisty circuits. On straights and in acceleration, the car seems to lack some speed when compared to, say, the Forza R12, but so far drivers Monteluci and Van Eekeren have managed to stay on the tails of Newman and Lowndes for extended periods of time, despite their lack of top speed.

Team manager Alfredo Monteluci has high hopes for the third season. “Ever since the first season, we have shown to be improving every race. This culminated in a team championship last season, but we wouldn’t be Monteluci, of course, if we did not go and try to improve on those results. This season we’ve set our sights for both championships, both the driver and team cups. We had gotten so close last season, that there should certainly be some possibilities for that this season.’

Paolo Monteluci, the runner-up in the second season’s driver championship, and crowned as the most improved driver in that season, is very clear about whom he regards as his main competitors this season. ‘Forza. John Newman especially. We had a great competition going on last season, and I hope to continue that this season. Other teams that I see as competitors? Well, building on my experiences of the last seasons, that would be Tarogama, Fyreballz and Banco Nacional. They have all shown to be very capable teams in the last two seasons, and they could put up a fight for the win this season.’

Second driver Michiel van Eekeren during testing at Monteluci's Moiano test track

Michiel van Eekeren, who clearly took a back seat to the team’s success in the last seasons, is confident that he will be able to make the difference this season. ‘I came from endurance racing, and joined a sports car series. It requires a different style of driving and I am in many ways still trying to find my own style. This can be seen from my performance in the previous season, I suppose, where I would finish higher up every race. This season I think it is not so much competition with other drivers, but the dream of winning a race as my ultimate goal. The field we have for this season is however highly capable, and I have no doubt it will be very hard to improve on previous results. This is also why I have dedicated a considerable amount of time to training and exercise between the two seasons. ‘

The first race of the new season of the Nationstates Sports Car Series (NSCS) will take place on July 18th at the Davenport circuit in Havl.

Ahtreil
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ahtreil » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:54 am

New Season for a racing series, medieval fair and moving in
Random thoughts from Ahtreil most popular blogger

Hi, it's me, Robert.

Now, i know i am not really up to date with my schedule. For all my fans, here is an apology.

I'm sorry.

But i have had trouble with moving into my new house here on the Sender Isles. My parents helped me buy this house, and it's great! Today i went with my Fiancee to a... this is gonna sound weird, but we went to a medieval fair next by. No better time to go to a fair than when you just have moved in. :D

But now i want to talk about something else. The NSCS.
And for you who doesn't know about it, let me explain. There are cars. And they are fast, and they race on special roads called tracks.

Uhm, yeah, i won't bother to try to explain the rest. I hope you don't take my explanation fit for a kindergartener as facts, and go and look it up yourselves.
But yeah, the first race is due tomorrow, and i'll just have a quick guess and say that Forza will win the whole thing. Seriously, i have read up on their car, and for me, it's more complicated than particle physics, or how my new house is built (But ofcourse, my house never needed any aerodynamical aid for anything...)

Now, i am not one of those big budget type of bloggers, so i won't go to Davenport right now (Or anywhere else, for that matter). We have to settle into our new house, so going there is out of the question. Maybe next year, i don't know.

But if Ahtreil still had kept a spot in the calender, i might have went there. Instead, there will be a 20 kilometre long track in Aqulinia, and that's better than a slightly rebuild airfield runway here in Ahtreil, i think.

But we'll see how the first race goes. (SPOILER ALERT; Forza wins)

Alright, all childish jokes aside, i am genuinly excited, and i hope Team Flashback gets something at least..
Last edited by Ahtreil on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My real life views are not represented by my nation, or by acts performed by my nation
Volnotova wrote:
Hippostania wrote:Wealth means that you are successful.

"Get's 100 million inheritance"

Doingitright amright?

Hodori Motorsports
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2010

Postby Hodori Motorsports » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 pm

NS Sports Car Series 3 Pre-Season Report
ztkyhodori.co.hd/eng/bn/nscs3/0001
Translated from Hodoran to English
Tarogama, Hodori

With Round 1 of the third NationStates Sports Car Series approaching, Hodoran drivers Sayono Kayani (#5) and Sakiteno Zareni (#6) are preparing for the season start at Havl's Davenport International Circuit. After finishing the previous season third and eighth, respectively, in the Drivers Championship and third in the Teams Championship, both Tarogama MotorSports drivers seek to improve their performance, with both drivers within the top five in the drivers standings and Tarogama MotorSports again within the top three in the team standings.

Returning for NSCS3 are defending drivers champion John Newman (#1) and teammate Steve Lowndes (#2), driving for Forza Racing Team. NSCS2 Team Champion Monteluci SFS Corse returns with Paolo Monteluci (#3) and Michiel van Eekeren (#4). As previously mentioned, Tarogama MotorSports drivers Kayani and Zareni return for NSCS3. Fyreballz Racing also returns, with Nee Wan (#7) and rookie Lou Kollis (#8). Banco Nacional Racing, from Costa Fiero, return with Andreas Martinelli (#9) and Ricardo Morales-Samoza (#10). Ahtreil also returns with Flashback Racing, with new driver Michael Jones (#24) and returning driver William Jackson (#25).

Also joining the six returning teams are eight new teams. The first new team is Aquilyne AMR, with drivers Sarah Millner (#11) and Jonathan Klein (#12). Belfras drivers Adjont Belkratta (#14) and Mikaela Trabian (#15) will drive for Merconti Racing. The Babbage Islands will also compete, entering Woods Motorsport GT with drivers Tatjana Renzi (#16) and Micheal Woods (#17). Hayha Racing, from Abcdefghjiklmnopqrstuk, will compete with drivers James Armstrong (#18) and Jimmy Maximillan (#19). Virgilio Nostre (#20) and Ryan Conor (#21) will drive for Rustika's Kraken Racing Team. Isla de Ayala enters with Tim Romano (#22) and Amanda Acevedo (#23) driving for Team VIPER. The seventh new team, Bargaria's Bargarrenault, will enter with Vladimir Arabadzhiev (#26) and Iliya Tzarski (#27). The final new team is Vadevelden-Spijker from Leepaidamba,

Including the drivers for Tarogama MotorSports, six female drivers will be competing in the third NSCS. Millner, Trabian, Renzi, and Acevedo are the four new female drivers, with Kayani and Zareni returning from NSCS2.

Again, the NSCS season will start at Havl's Davenport International Circuit. Round 2 is again in Spitfyred, but this time at a circuit known as "the Glass Onion". Rounds 3, 4, and 5 return from last season, at Vitaphone Racing's Medion International Raceway, Costa Fiero's Auotodromo Calles del Vittoria, and Van Luxemburg's Circuito di Villa Cipresso respectively. Moss-Clark Circuit in the Babbage Islands marks its NSCS debut with Round 6. Rounds 7 and 8 are also new circuits, with Aquilinia's Neustadtring and Broxhead Circuit in Belfras. Round 9 returns to the east configuration of Hodori's Tarogama Circuit, and the tenth and final Round is at Kino Speedway.

Tarogama Z31T S2 Specifications
ztkyhodori.co.hd/eng/bn/nscs3/kaga/tarogama/z31t
Translated from Hodoran to English

The second-generation Z31T, the Tarogama Motors Z31T S2 features a shorter wheelbase and is lower to the ground than the previous Z31T. Unlike the previous car, the S2 is identical in appearance to the Hodori Grand Touring Championship (HGTC) model. While the NSCS-Spec S1 was widened to 209cm, the S2 retains the HGTC model's 2-meter width. The car's track is also narrower than the NSCS-Spec S1. Although this, combined with the shorter wheelbase, reduces the car's straight-line stability, the car is more responsive to steering input. While the S1 was 1.35 meters at its highest point, the S2 sits a mere 1.2 meters tall (the shortest vehicle height, including ground clearance, allowed under HGTC regulations) with the roof air scoop and rear spoiler. Without the scoop and spoiler, the car is exactly one meter tall, including the ground clearance of 60mm.

The Z31T was designed for producing downforce, which is achieved through a large rear spoiler and a wide body with large, bulging fenders covering the wheels. Also assisting with increasing downfore are a rear blown diffuser and a specially designed front end, with air directed through the nose either towards the front brakes or out of vents built into the front trunk lid.

The S2 rides on 710mm-diameter tires with 508mm-diameter wheels, unchanged from the S1. The 355mm-wide rear tires are also carried over, while the front tires were slimmed from 325mm to 285mm wide. The 350mm-diameter carbon-ceramic cross-drilled brake discs and 6-pot opposing piston brake calipers on all four wheels are also carried over from the S1.

The water-cooled R321E tri-rotor sequentially-turbocharged Wankel rotary engine in the Z31T S2 is mounted longitudinally behind the cockpit, with the engine outputting power towards the front to the transmission, where the drivetrain then sends power back to the rear wheels. The transmission is of a dual-clutch sequential type, developed in-house by Tarogama Motors. The sequential twin turbos reduce the turbos lag inherent in turbocharged systems by using two smaller, lighter turbochargers as opposed to a single large, heavy turbocharger. To preserve engine life, the NSCS-Spec R321E turbocharger system generates less pressure than the NSCS-Spec R320E used last season.

Due to the high operating pressures of the R320E resulting in poor rotor seal life, the Z31T's new engine is designed to operate at slightly lower pressures, with a small sacrifice in generated power. The side-intake peripheral-exhaust R321E generates power roughly equivalent to the previous R320E, but is capable of doing so with slightly lower pressures, somewhat extending engine and rotor seal life. To ensure more complete ignition of fuel and to slightly improve fuel efficiency, three sparkplugs are used per rotor.

Z31T S1, NSCS-SpecZ31T S2, NSCS-Spec
L/W/H4500mm/2090mm/1350mm4600mm/2000mm/1200mm
Wheelbase2990mm2755mm
Track (Front/Rear)1740mm/1730mm1635mm/1565mm
Suspension (Front)Double WishboneDouble Wishbone
Suspension (Rear)Double WishboneDouble Wishbone
Weight1250kg1250kg
Wheels/Tires (DiameterxWidth, Front)508mmx325mm/710mmx325mm508mmx285mm/710mmx285mm
Wheels/Tires (DiameterxWidth, Rear)508mmx355mm/710mmx355mm508mmx355mm/710mmx355mm
DrivetrainMid-Engine Rear-Wheel DriveMid-Engine Rear-Wheel Drive
Transmission6-Speed Sequential Manual6-Speed Sequential Manual
EngineR320E Turbocharged Wankel RotaryR321E Turbocharged Wankel Rotary
Forced Induction SystemSequential Twin TurboSequential Twin Turbo
Displacement2013cc (671 x3)2088cc (696 x3)
Rotor Dimensions (Radius/Offset/Depth)105mm/15mm/82mm105mm/15mm/85mm
Power600 bhp @ 8500 RPM598 bhp @ 8400 RPM
Redline9100 RPM9000 RPM
Power/Weight Ratio0.48 bhp/kg0.48 bhp/kg
Fuel Capacity90 liters90 liters
Grand Touring Association of Hodori (Hodori GT-A)
Hodori Motorsports is Hodori's automotive racing sanctioning body and the motorsports puppet of Hodori. The nation proper is Hodori.
GTTV.co.hd - Domestic Sportswire
Participation:
| NSSCRA2 (Hodori) -- NSSCRA5 |
| WGPC13 -- WGPC18 |
| NSCS1 -- NSCS4 |

Hosting:
| NSFC1 | NSFC2 |
WGPC13 WDC runner up: Asao Nadakei
NSSCRA2 runner up; NSSCRA3, NSSCRA4 Champion; Milliken Invitational Winner: Lien Murakami

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 am

DAVENPORT, Havi (BPA) -- The stage is set for the first race of the NationStates Sports Car Series third season. For the first time, a team based in The Babbage Islands will make a run at the title.

The Woods Motorsport GT team from Belgium, led by co-owners Chip and Kirsten Woods, are fielding a two-car entry as a factory team for Tesla Motors. Their car is the Stelaro 724 TA with a 6.0-litre V12 powerplant from the longtime Tesla-Benz collaboration.

Twenty-one year old Tatjana Renzi will be the lead driver for the Woods entry. Renzi won her first karting championship at age nine, and her first midget title at 16. She has driven for Woods domestically in stock cars the past three seasons, but this represents her debut in international racing.

Her teammate is the Woods' son, Michael, who just turned 17. Raised by a pair of champion stock car drivers, his rapid rise is not surprising to most. His style is a little less aggressive than that of his parents, but he has exceptional skills in traffic and judgment that will only improve with maturity.

Asked about the team prospects, Chip said, "I'm looking forward to Kirsten getting home from the NSSCRA series. It's been hectic putting together a brand-new team. But we've learned a few tricks, both from early NSSCRA days and the brief, unsuccessful run in Grand Prix racing. Tatjana and Mike have a lot of talent, and the team in the garage is absolutely top-of-the-line. First-year teams don't win championships often. But we'll be a force to be reckoned with."
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Leepaidamba
Minister

Founded: Sep 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Leepaidamba » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 am

Tempora Ambana - English International Edition wrote:Vandevelden-Spijker to compete in NSCS season 3

Apeldoorn - Having finished fifth in the second NSCAR series season Vandevelden-Spijker Racing is currently in the final preparations for a potentially even more difficult season in the NationStates Sports Car series. The factory backed Spijker V8 Coupe's the team uses have undergone only slight changes to last years cars, primarily to increase the straightline speed and acceleration of the car which was definitely a shortcoming in the past. Great amounts of testing has been undertaken at the team's primary test track near the factory in Zeewolde.
primary tester Anthony Jack wrote:We've been testing a lot, almost day in-day out, whenever we had a chance. It's fortunate that we have such a beautiful facility to test and fine-tune our cars and to find their absolute maximum and just as well where that level could, and dare I forget, should be improved. And that's exactly what we have done. We have made good use of the many different types of corners that [Lelystad International Raceway] gives us, especially all the banked corners of which we will find many examples this upcoming season, but also of the flat corners and corner combinations. We've also travelled to other tracks around the BeNe Confederation such as Circuit Park Zandvoort in HC Eredivisie and Spa-Francorchamps in Ny Nydaroche. Unfortunately we couldn't make much use of the Arnhem Aerautodrome though this may be fortunate as we won't be racing at this track anyway. The majority of my work is almost done now as the season is approaching. If the car fails, I have failed, if the car doesn't fail I haven't either. Paene est non, and I live by that so I have all the confidence that it will not fail.

A new face on the team is last years Amban Supercar Championship Champion Max van Eindhoven. We were able to get a short interview.
interview with Max van Eindhoven wrote:Max, how do you feel about winning the ASC and the 1000km of Arnhem?

I'm really proud of it. I've been training for years for such an accomplishment. Especially the 1000km feels like a real win.

You've driven a touringcar in the ASC, how do you feel about your switch to GT's?

It's different. You're a little closer to the ground, the weight distribution is different, you're more prone to spinning. The car is also much faster, both straight-line and in the corners. I'm adaptive so it shouldn't be a problem. I've made bigger switches in the past, all drivers have.

What is your goal for this season?

Getting used to the car and the racing mostly, and just finishing. The racing should be very different. In the ASC you had large fields with a great variation of different kinds of cars in different classes, from small 170 bhp touring cars to big 500 bhp sportscars, and I'm very good in traffic. The NSCS however has only one class on track so you can't use the other slower drivers to your advantage, at least not as much.
Factbook
Official name: the Grand Duchy of Leepaidamba
Short name: Amba
AKA: the Grand Duchy
Demonym: Leepaidamban/Amban
HoS: co-Grand Dukes David I and Anna I
HoG: Premier Jaap de Waal
Region: Nederland
Map by PB
FlagsNational animal: Rabit
National motto: "Paene est non." (Almost is not)
National anthem: " 't Lied der Vrijheid" (the Song of Freedom)
CapitalsCurrency: Amban Florin/Aƒ
Languages
Dependencies
No news

Havl
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Round 1 - Qualifying – Davenport International CircuitImage
Pos	Car	Driver			Team			Time		RP 	RP Points
1 1 John Newman Forza Racing 1:30.943 RP 38
2 2 Steve Lowndes Forza Racing 1:31.264 RP 38
3 7 Nee Wan Fyreballz Racing 1:31.295 RP 38
4 28 Arjan de Groot Vandevelden-Spijker 1:31.303 RP HR 33+5
5 3 Paolo Monteluci Monteluci SFS Corse 1:31.390 RP 37
6 5 Sayono Kayani Tarogama MotorSports 1:31.429 RP 37
7 8 Lou Kollis (R) Fyreballz Racing 1:31.510 RP 37
8 21 Ryan Conor (R) Kraken Racing Team 1:31.583 RP HR 32+5
9 11 Sarah Millner (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 1:31.636 RP 36
10 29 Max van Eindhoven Vandevelden-Spijker 1:32.055 RP HR 31+5
11 6 Sakiteno Zareni Tarogama MotorSports 1:32.132 RP 35
12 9 Andreas Martinelli Banco Nacional Racing 1:32.145 RP 35
13 10 R. Morales-Samoza Banco Nacional Racing 1:32.296 RP 35
14 20 Virgilio Nesotre (R) Kraken Racing Team 1:32.373 RP HR 30+5
15 25 William Jackson Flashback Racing 1:32.459 RP HR 30+5
16 26 Vladimir Arabadzhiev Bargarrenault 1:32.491 RP HR 30+5
17 12 Jonathan Klein (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 1:32.579 RP 34
18 18 James Armstrong (R) Hayha Racing 1:32.792 RP 34
19 19 Jimmy Maximillian (R) Hayha Racing 1:33.006 RP 34
20 27 Iliya Tzarski Bargarrenault 1:33.021 RP HR 28+5
21 22 Tim Romano Team VIPER 1:33:943 RP HR 28+5
22 23 Amanda Acevedo (R) Team VIPER 1:34.264 RP HR 28+5
23 4 Michiel van Eekeren Monteluci SFS Corse 1:34.295 RP 32
24 14 Adjont Belkratta Merconti Racing 1:34.303 RP 31
25 15 Mikaela Treabian (R) Merconti Racing 1:34.390 RP 31
26 16 Tatjana Renzi (R) Woods Motorsport GT 1:34.429 RP 31
27 17 Michael Woods (R) Woods Motorsport GT 1:34.510 RP 29
28 24 Michael Jones (R) Flashback Racing 1:34.583 RP HR 24+5

Veejay Thumberg wrote: Welcome to HTVM's coverage of Energizia Qualifying for Series 3 of the NationStates Sports Car Series. We've just wrapped up the first qualifying session of the young season, and John Newman has started the defense of his Series 2 title on a strong note by taking his second career pole position. Forza teammate Steve Lowndes and lead Fyreballz driver Nee Wan round out the top three. It's been a fantastic display here in Davenport, with the largest grid in series history ready to start the season tomorrow. Let's go to SuperFormula Champion Jody Hödem for the circuit guide.
Jody Hödem wrote:Thanks Veejay. It's great to be back at Davenport, the bustling hub of Havl's storied motorsports community. This circuit has a history of surprise winners, and in seven years of action on the SuperFormula calendar, the circuit has never produced a repeat winner. Although it's situated in a rolling meadow, Davenport is a relatively flat circuit. The only noticeable elevation change comes in the second sector on the turn nicknamed "High Point." It's important to balance aerodynamic grip here without sacrificing top speed, because your best chances at overtaking are at the end of the long straights into turns one and eight.
Veejay Thumberg wrote:Thanks, Jody. Join us tomorrow for full coverage of round one of the NationStates Sports Car Series live from Davenport International Circuit here on HTVM.

Round 1 - Race Results - Davenport International Circuit
Pos	Car	Driver			Team			Time		RP Bonus	RP Points
1 8 Lou Kollis (R) Fyreballz Racing 2:09:15.806 RP 53
2 7 Nee Wan Fyreballz Racing +2.504 RP 52
3 20 Virgilio Nesotre (R) Kraken Racing Team +4.066 RP HR 46+5
4 22 Tim Romano Team VIPER +4.905 RP HR 46+5
5 2 Steve Lowndes Forza Racing +6.654 RP 50
6 5 Sayono Kayani Tarogama MotorSports +6.480 RP 50
7 21 Ryan Conor (R) Kraken Racing Team +8.609 RP HR 44+5
8 29 Max van Eindhoven Vandevelden-Spijker +9.555 RP HR 44+5
9 27 Iliya Tzarski Bargarrenault +9.802 RP HR 44+5
10 25 William Jackson Flashback Racing +15.654 RP HR* 43+5
11 23 Amanda Acevedo (R) Team VIPER +15.904 RP HR 43+5
12 6 Sakiteno Zareni Tarogama MotorSports +30.789 RP 47
13 26 Vladimir Arabadzhiev Bargarrenault +32.119 RP HR 42+5
14 3 Paolo Monteluci Monteluci SFS Corse +45.600 RP 46
15 12 Jonathan Klein (R) Team Aquilyne AMR +50.549 RP 46
16 28 Arjan de Groot Vandevelden-Spijker +1:05.656 RP HR 41+5
17 18 James Armstrong (R) Hayha Racing +1:20.101 RP* 45
18 10 R. Morales-Samoza Banco Nacional Racing +1 Lap RP 44
19 15 Mikaela Treabian (R) Merconti Racing +1 Lap RP 43
20 11 Sarah Millner (R) Team Aquilyne AMR +1 Lap RP 43
21 24 Michael Jones (R) Flashback Racing +1 Lap RP HR 37+5
22 14 Adjont Belkratta Merconti Racing +2 Laps RP 41
23 4 Michiel van Eekeren Monteluci SFS Corse +2 Laps RP 37
24 17 Michael Woods (R) Woods Motorsport GT +3 Laps RP* 35
25 9 Andreas Martinelli Banco Nacional Racing DNF RP 49
26 1 John Newman Forza Racing DNF RP 47
27 16 Tatjana Renzi (R) Woods Motorsport GT DNF RP 45
28 19 Jimmy Maximillian (R) Hayha Racing DNF RP 44

Veejay Thumberg wrote:Welcome back to coverage of Series 3 of the NationStates Sports Car Series live on HTVM, brought to you by Energizia, Inc. It's been an amazing race here at the Davenport International Circuit as rookie Lou Kollis has led a surprising Fyreballz one-two finish at Davenport International Circuit in Havl. Rounding out the podium is rookie Virgilio Nesotre for Kraken Racing, followed by Team VIPER’s Tim Romano and Forza’s Steve Lowndes. Quite a start to the season, wouldn't you say, Jody?
Jody Hödem wrote:A great start indeed, Veejay, but a devastating result for reigning champion John Newman, who led the race in the early stages before going out with an undisclosed technical problem. It looked like Fyreballz was the team to beat with their new DB9 chassis. Its powerful engine gave the team a big lead this weekend.
Veejay Thumberg wrote:Indeed, Jody. The other teams are going to be looking that car up and down heading into Fyreballz’ home race next week. Join us live on HTVM next week from the mysterious Glass Onion circuit in Spitfyred1.

Round 2 - Qualifying – The Glass Onion
Pos	Car	Driver			Team			Time		RP Bonus	RP Points
1 15 Mikaela Treabian (R) Merconti Racing 1:33.625 RP 37
2 5 Sayono Kayani Tarogama MotorSports 1:33.712 RP 35
3 28 Arjan de Groot Vandevelden-Spijker 1:33.812 RP 35
4 1 John Newman Forza Racing 1:33.984 RP 34
5 2 Steve Lowndes Forza Racing 1:34.125 RP 34
6 25 William Jackson Flashback Racing 1:34.224 RP 34
7 6 Sakiteno Zareni Tarogama MotorSports 1:34.300 RP 33
8 26 Vladimir Arabadzhiev Bargarrenault 1:34.549 RP 32
9 12 Jonathan Klein (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 1:34.599 RP 31
10 24 Michael Jones (R) Flashback Racing 1:34.786 RP 31
11 29 Max van Eindhoven Vandevelden-Spijker 1:34.790 RP 31
12 3 Paolo Monteluci Monteluci SFS Corse 1:34.900 RP 29
13 4 Michiel van Eekeren Monteluci SFS Corse 1:35.024 RP 29
14 14 Adjont Belkratta Merconti Racing 1:35.155 RP 29
15 18 James Armstrong (R) Hayha Racing 1:35.249 RP 29
16 8 Lou Kollis (R) Fyreballz Racing 1:35.303 RP HR 24+5
17 21 Ryan Conor (R) Kraken Racing Team 1:35.388 RP 28
18 27 Iliya Tzarski Bargarrenault 1:35.090 RP 28
19 10 R. Morales-Samoza Banco Nacional Racing 1:35.405 RP 27
20 7 Nee Wan Fyreballz Racing 1:35.785 RP HR 22+5
21 17 Michael Woods (R) Woods Motorsport GT 1:35.812 RP 26
22 19 Jimmy Maximillian (R) Hayha Racing 1:35.984 RP 26
23 20 Virgilio Nesotre (R) Kraken Racing Team 1:36.125 RP 26
24 11 Sarah Millner (R) Team Aquilyne AMR 1:36.224 RP 25
25 16 Tatjana Renzi (R) Woods Motorsport GT 1:36.300 RP 25
26 9 Andreas Martinelli Banco Nacional Racing 1:36.549 RP 21
27 22 Tim Romano Team VIPER 1:36.599 RP 21
28 23 Amanda Acevedo (R) Team VIPER 1:36.786 RP 21

Veejay Thumberg wrote: Welcome to HTVM's coverage of Energizia Qualifying for Series 3 of the NationStates Sports Car Series. We've just wrapped up the qualifying at The Glass Onion in Spitfyred1, and rookie Mikaela Treabian has taken Merconti Racing’s first career pole position ahead of Sayono Kayani and Arjan dr Groot. It's been quite a show here at the unusual Glass Onion, with the grid separated by just over three seconds. Let's go to SuperFormula Champion Jody Hödem for the circuit guide.
Jody Hödem wrote:Thanks Veejay. Traditionally used in an oval configuration, the Glass Onion course has been retrofitted with some tricky chicanes for the inaugural visit from the NSCS. Although the course is second-tier quality, plans have been made for future improvements. Certainly the most interesting characteristic is the enclosed nature of the circuit. Because the entire length is surrounded by safety glass, the track surface remains consistent for the duration of the race weekend.
Veejay Thumberg wrote:Thanks, Jody. Join us tomorrow for full coverage of Round 2 of the NationStates Sports Car Series live from The Glass Onion on HTVM.

[The RP Cutoff for Round 2 is Monday, July 25th at 5PM GMT]

OOC: Round 1 is different from the rest of the season because three results have been posted.
-Round 1 Qualifying
-Round 1 Race
-Round 2 Qualifying

To earn the RP Bonus for the next race (Round 2 Race), please post an RP in which you describe your reactions to these results. Starting with the next race, you will only have to RP your reactions to two results (Round 2 Race and Round 3 Qualifying). If you have any questions, please send me a telegram.

NOTES: Round 1 saw five teams earn the Home Race (HR) Bonus. These are the five teams that did not have a home race on the calendar. As you can see, the HR Bonus adds five points to the RP Points value.

Remember, teams that earn the RP Bonus are guaranteed to have at least one car finish the race, and Home Race (HR) Bonus teams are guaranteed to have both cars finish the race. If you see an asterix (*) next to your driver in the RP column, that means that they were saved from DNF.

New for this season is the RP Points column, which indicates the scorination points for each team.

p.s. Congrats! This is the first time in series history that we've had 100% RP turnout!

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:58 pm

BNR mechanics try to fix a problem in the GTR of Andreas Martinelli

DAVENPORT, HAVL: The problems which plagued the first rounds of the first season have returned according to team mechanics from Banco Nacional Racing. Team Manager Luis Mastretti said that the both drivers had been experiencing fuel problems, with Andreas Martinelli's fuel line exploding on lap 22 sending him into the team garage. That left Ricardo Morales-Samoza out in the field for the rest of the race. He finished a lap down thanks to coming into contact with debris from John Newman's Forza, leaving him with a punctured front right tyre.
"It really wasn't the best of starts," Martinelli said. "We were expecting something a little more productive."

Team manager Luis Mastretti says that he hopes the troubles will be fixed before the next race begins. He said the team spent an extra few hours in Havl trying to rectify the problems.
"It's not where we want to be at the moment," he said. "But with time, I'm sure our situation will look better.'

Ricardo Morales-Samoza could not be reached for comment.
Last edited by Costa Fiero on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belfras
Ambassador

Postby Belfras » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 am

OOC: Not my best, sorry. D:

Race one roundup

"And now for the NSCS and the first round at Davenport." The presenter droned, the footage cutting to several clips of the race that go with what the presenter says afterward.

"The first-round qualifying saw Merconti qualify 24th and 25th on the grid after a set-up error during practice left them dragging behind. The race the following day saw the duo improve slightly to finish 22nd and 19th on the grid. with Mikaela Treabians debut race placing her ahead of Adjont Belkratta who suffered in the last few laps of the race."

Footage cut to Mikaela Treabian beaming after the race

"It was a good finish! We were slightly worried we'd end up plum last, but thankfully it didn't turn out that way. Lets hope for better next weekend!"

Footage then turned back to the presenter

"Now unto the weather.."

NSCS Madness!

"Hello and welcome to NSCS Madness! The news show that'll bring you up-to-date information as the season progresses. I'm Mike Whiteley and here with me in the studio is former-racing driver Davis Dallas of the BTCC. Hello Davis!" The presenter rattled out, Davis saying 'hello!' afterward.

"We've just had our second qualifying at the Glass Onion - Nice name. With a shock finish at the end as Belfrasian-born Merconti Driver Mikaela Treabian pipped Sayono Kayani of Tarogama MotorSports to pole position by a hundredth of a second. Ted Crabbits was at the Glass Onion."

The footage quickly cut to a montage of bits from Qualifying, with a very happy Mikaela at the end.

"Qualifying at the Glass Onion came with quite a suprise, Mikaela Treabian on her second qualifying session pipped first place above seven seasoned drivers with Adjont Belkratta finishing in a very satisfying 14th for the race."

After mikaela looking very happy, the footage turned to her talking to the camera crew

"That was brilliant, the car came together for this Qualifying! What a shocker!" she laughed, slightly out of breath.

"What shocked you most then, Mikaela?" Ted asked,

"That a Merconti qualfied above a Forza and a Monteluci? That a Merconti claimed pole altogether! Let's hope we can transfer this power into the race and get some points."

Ted smiled, then turned to the camera "There we have it. Round two at the Glass Onion starts with Mikaela Treabian on pole position. Check back with us later for more information on the upcoming race. This is Ted Crabbits, and this is NSCS Madness!"
Last edited by Belfras on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aquilinia
Senator

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 am

"Now, on to the world of car racing, with Lukas Schneider."

"Thank you, Tim. Today has seen the first race of this season of the NationStates Sports Car Series. Rookie Lou Kollis of Fyreballz racing won the race two seconds ahead of team colleague Nee Wan, with another rookie, Virgilio Nestore of Kraken Racing, finishing in third, after pole position driver and two-times defending champion John Newman was forced to retire halfway through the race.

First-time participant Team Aquilyne AMR from Aquilinia failed to meet expectations after a rather promising qualifying session. Aquilinian GT champion Sarah Millner failed to benefit from her very good ninth position at the start. After fighting hard to hold her position, she fell back to twentieth after a botched pit stop ten laps from the end of the race. Her team colleague Jonathan Klein, starting from seventeenth, took advantage of problems plaguing champion Newman and his colleague Millner and finished in fifteenth. All in all, a less than satisfying result after what had seemed to be a very promising start, but we'll see what happens next week at the Fyreballz' home race at the Glass Onion."

"So, Lukas, I heard Team Aquilyne again messed up?"

"Well, not entirely, Tim. In today's qualifying session at the Glass Onion, Klein proved his worth and achieved an impressive ninth place, only about a second behind surprise pole driver Mikaela Treabian of Merconti Racing. Millner, however, disappointed and qualified only in twenty-forth. Our correspondent Martina Kaiser has spoken to her."

Cut to Millner sitting on the hood of her Aston Martin, reading through some data from the qualifying session, and a reporter standing next to her.

Reporter: "So, Sarah, what do you say about today's result?"

Millner: "Well, not really what I wanted, but I already know what happened. The Glass Onion, is completely covered by glass, which leads to...interesting track conditions. I just had the wrong set-up, I guess. Jonathan did better, but only because he was able to slightly adjust his set-up before his last lap, where he managed to get in ninth."

Reporter: "What do you expect from tomorrow's race?"

Millner:"Not too much, of course. I'll try to get forward as far as I can, but mostly I'll be trying to keep Jonathan's back clear, as he tries to catch up with the top ten. It'll be a tough one, but I am sure we will get there by the time we get to our home race at the Südschleife. (laughs) And I'm pretty sure we can teach them a trick or two there. Nevertheless, it's still quite a long time until then, so we'll do our best and learn from our experiences here. The Aston is running smoothly, but there are a few issues with performance we are having right now. I don't think we'll be much of a contestant this season, God knows what might happen over the next few races."

Reporter:"Thank you for your time, Sarah, and good luck tomorrow!" (turns to the camera) "Back to you in the studio, Lukas."

Cut back to the studio.

"Thank you, Martina. Now, on to other news. In the first race of the Aquilinian GT championship...."
Last edited by Aquilinia on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Etat Liber Aquilini - Freistaat Aquilinien - Free State of Aquilinia
Libertas et Unitas - Freiheit und Einheit - Freedom and Unity

Empress: Lucille II of the House of Silvanus Aquili
Consul: Dr. Zoé Metelli

Proud member of Esvanovia
Formerly of Sondria

Rustika
Minister

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rustika » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:13 am

Well Racing fans it seems that Rustika is doing well for it's self on the racing scene! Despite critics sentiments, leading fans to believe that Rustika wasn't going anywhere in this competition, we managed to stump all belief that the Kraken racing team wouldn't succeed and we placed inside the top three for the first race.

After the interview with Virgilio and Ryan, after their qualifying race for the Davenport track led us to believe that the Kraken racing team wouldn't place in the top five, nobody was optimistic enough that any Rustik racer would place in the top three. Yet we were proven wrong as their skills pulled through and placed both drivers in a position higher than what they qualified in.

Virgilio performed and exemplary race as he went from position 14 in the qualification to third place at the end of the race. The engineering team says the success was due to the performance of the car and the skill of the drivers.

Despite the race starting out with Virgilio in 11th place at the end of the first lap and Ryan in 9th place, the two drivers swiftly fought their way forwards beating out other distinguished opponents such as the Forza racing team and Monteluci. Halfway through the second lap Ryan had progressed to 7th place, which he would hold for the rest of the race. Virgilio steadily progressed from 11th place to 3rd place, his skill in racing allowed him to surpass any other racers. Nothing was more exhilarating than seeing Virgilio making that last turn in third place, I'm telling you, Rustik fans in the stands went wild. Look to the screen for the top ten racers in Davenport:

Pos Car Driver Team Time
1 8 Lou Kollis (R) Fyreballz Racing 2:09:15.806
2 7 Nee Wan Fyreballz Racing +2.504
3 20 Virgilio Nesotre (R) Kraken Racing Team +4.066
4 22 Tim Romano Team VIPER +4.905
5 2 Steve Lowndes Forza Racing +6.654
6 5 Sayono Kayani Tarogama MotorSports +6.480
7 21 Ryan Conor (R) Kraken Racing Team +8.609
8 29 Max van Eindhoven Vandevelden-Spijker +9.555
9 27 Iliya Tzarski Bargarrenault +9.802
10 25 William Jackson Flashback Racing +15.654

As all you loyal watchers can see, both racers laced in the top ten, a feat no one expected! We talked to Virgilio about his feelings for the upcoming race and Kraken racing team's qualification results in the Glass Onion, and their results in the Davenport.

"So, after two qualification and one race how do you feel about the tournament so far?"

"Well, the qualification in Davenport left me feeling optimistic. Between you and me Qualifications aren't my strong point, so I was expecting place 14 in Davenport, I was immensely satisfied as to our team's performance in the actual race. Ryan managed to adavance one place against tough competition with Max van Eindhoven, I managed to fight my way to third place. I want to congratulate our engineers for keeping us prepared against the other teams, and I think I can say that we did very well."

"What about the upcoming race?"

"Unfortunately we didn't do nearly as well in the Glass Onion qualifications, we both placed lower than 15ht place, but we think we can fight our way back to the top ten in the actual race. I want to take this time to congratulate the Fyreballz racing team for having both racers place in the top three.2

"Alight, well thanks for coming on the show, and sharing your sentiments about the tournament. Stay tuned for the next report on the rising price of cheese."
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Member of the MNU

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:43 am

The debut of Woods Motorsport GT in international sports car racing in Davenport, Havi was inauspicious, to say the least.

Neither Tatjana Renzi nor Michael Woods has a reputation as a strong qualifier. But both surely felt that they would be starting somewhere before the final two rows. Renzi qualified 26th and Woods 27th out of 28 racers.

It got worse. Renzi wrecked before five laps were complete, apparently due to mechanical failure. Woods did a truly spectacular piece of driving to avoid getting caught up in it, but flying debris still caused a bit of body damage to his Stelaro. For the rest of a long day the aerodynamics were off. Woods went on to bring up the rear amongst cars still running, three laps down. Rookie Lou Kollis of Fyreballz Racing shocked the Davenport field by narrowly edging teammate Nee Wan for a 1-2 team finish.

So now the team are in Spitfyred1 trying to peel the Glass Onion. Qualifying has gone a bit better, with Woods 21st and Renzi 25th. Yet the story of the day belongs to another rookie driver, Mikaela Treabian of Merconti Racing, who has secured the pole in only her second NSSCS start. No other rookie will start in the first four rows.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Bargaria
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bargaria » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:58 am

Bargarian National News

Solid start for Bargarrenault
- By Stefan Tafrov

Iliya Tzarski after his 9th place finish!

Vladimir speaking after the race.

What a debut race for Bargarrenault!! The qualification round didn't go to well for Bargarrenault with Vladimir Arabadzhiev taking 16th and Iliya Tzarski taking 20th and things were looking pretty glum in the Bargarrenault garage but then the race came and what a race it was! Tzarski had a brilliant race slowly climbing his way up the field and finishing with a top ten finish in 9th place! He was the last car of the front group that broke away in the last 3 laps and many hailed the driver as having a race fit for a serious Series contender!

Arabadzheiv didn't quite have his usual edge of your seat race. It appeared that he was taking it easy as he adjusted to the car and to the race around him. That usual flair wasn't their but he put in a solid performance and in the final 5 laps he climbed 2 places and finished a very good and very respectable 13th place! It appears Vlado has taken on board what Tzarski has said!

Before the race many had written off Bargarrenault but it appears they have announced their arrival with style.

Team principal Grigor Vachkov had this to say.

"We had a good solid race and each driver put in a decent performance. Before the race I told the team to keep it calm and keep it patient and just concentrate on finishing because we are new to the Series and so now we've been able to guage the other teams. We've built good foundations and hopefully next week we can continue to build on them and hopefully progress further and get both drivers in the top 10!

Before the race many had written us off but now I hope they can see we have a lot of potential and are dangerous. I hope that other teams register us as well as the general community because Bargarrenault have arrived!"

Vlado had this to say.

"Wow, what a race? Iliya had a brilliant race and to climb from 20th to 9th is no mean feat!! I myself am happy with the finish, as we all known qualification isn't my strongest point and my technique someitmes causes me to lose it in the last few laps but I took on board what Iliya has told me and just stuck to having a solid race.

The car was brilliant, I was still adjusting to it but I can see myself really pushing that car to the limits and getting the best out of it! Before the race Grigor had told me to just concentrate on finishing and for the team to have 9th and 13th after the first race is really tremendous. I hope teams look at us and treat as equals now, we're just a small team from Bargaria but I think we've done our fans proud!

As for the race, some of the guys out there are supurb, and for me it is a real shame that both Andreas Martinelli and John Newman didn't finish. They are brilliant drivers and you cans ee the genius in how they race so yea, it was a real shame they got caught up in that whole debris incident, I nearly did but luckily I was far enough back to brake hard and avoid it. I supported Martinelli in the last series, he's one of my idols so I was very excited about racing with him but maybe next week I can have the pleasure of finishing with him.

And I think I've seen the abilities of the other drivers and I now know the standard at which I have to drive."

Well we cannot wait for the next race which is to take place at the Glass Onion. In qualifying Tzarski took 18th, i'm sure he wanted to do better but as we saw in Davenport he started 20th and finished 9th, so we are expecting good things, especially from Vlado who qualified in a stunning 8th posistion. Can he maintain what he has learnt and get a top 10 maybe top 5 finish? We hope so! Bargarrenault has exploded onto the scene and doubters are turning their heads. Back home they are already generating headlines but can it continue? Can they prove it's not just beginners luck.... We shall see!!
Last edited by Bargaria on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
People's Republic of Bargaria (PRB) / Народна република Баргария (НРБ)

Map
Factbook

(Think Communist Bulgaria)

Isla de Ayala
Secretary

Founded: Jun 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isla de Ayala » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:39 am

"Welcome back to Cirrus City News, your Number 1 source for top news on the island! Our top story, Tim Romano and his Team VIPER have made an impressive start in the NationStates Sports Car Series! At their first event at Davenport, Team VIPER surprised the crowd with a top 5 finish! Here with the story, Sports Comentater, Louis Screus"

"Thanks Martha. Boy, what an event! After an slightly disappointing qualifying run, which saw both cars slotted and 21st and 22nd, Romano had this to say:"

"It was a little shocking. We were hoping the new Defenders would give us a little more power, and be a bit quicker. Those big V-10's have the horses, but the chassis need some work in handling."

"They must have got that work done, for Romano managed to pull out all the stops and make an amazing run from 21st to 4th!! Even Acevedo, the young rookie, drove her Defender through the pack to an 11th place finish. Post race with Amanda:"

"Wow! That was awesome! Driving the cars in practice back home is one thing, but a real race! And the Defender was great! There is so much power under that hood! So much fun to drive!"

"Team principle Romano had this to say:"

"It was a great day for Team VIPER. Not only with my run, but Amanda has shown everyone why i picked her for a teammate. The cars ran great after some minor adjustments after qualifying. Can't wait for next week!"

"So the Defenders were able to hold their own against the best the world can offer. But is this beginner's luck? Can they keep this momentum going? We'll find out next week on the Glass Onion circuit in Spitfyred1. Martha?"

"Thanks Louis. In other news, the A.L.C. has announced plans for their new locomotive division..."

Spitfyred1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Spitfyred1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Eyes On The Road
Lou Kollis

Wow, the past week has left me in a daze. My week seemed to get better and better and now I can just sit here and tell you guys about being an international race victor!

I checked this site a few days ago and was impressed by how many of you guys read this and also how many people sent me messages. I love the support and it feels great. Some of the other racers seem to have blogs as well so I encourage you guys to check them out, but I want to shout out Mikaela Treabian from Merconti Racing who sent me a message of support. Her blog can be found here. Spread the love right?

I guess you might have a hankering to hear about my weekend so here goes nothing.

Qualifying was fantastic as I could finally match myself up with the other racers. Nee did fantastic hitting third place. I felt so happy for him as it really showed his drive (pun intended). My turn surprised even me and I savoured seventh place as the fastest rookie. After qualifying, Mr Nutz and I had a chat about the course and he gave me some pointers that he noticed about my laps.

The best of the weekend was obviously the race. From the start, I felt comfortable with the car and could control it perfectly. The crew had it well set-up. As the laps piled upon one another, I watched my position increase spot by spot. High point seemed to be a helpful turn for me as the elevation change was easy for the DBR9. Eventually it was just me and Nee driving it out. I kept with him hoping for an opportunity. We were given directions not to attempt a tough pass as it could cost the team dearly. With a few laps to go, I got my chance. Atop High Point his tires slipped and I had much more power. I just slipped past and kept going.

When I finished, I was just ecstatic. The adrenalin coursed through my veins and stepping out of the car, the crew jumped me. We made our way to the podium and I could just savour the crowd. I mean, I've won races before, but never in front of so many people. I was dumbstruck. I looked down and could see Nee flirting with the podium girls and another guy right next to me who looked happy. I just beamed and smiled. I'm sure I looked stupid on TV.

Soon afterwards we left for my home race. We finished qualifying an hour ago and I can contemplate. Qualifying was harsh, but Mr Nutz assured us that we should move up well during the race. With the fans at my back and your support maybe I can win again?!

I've never really lived in a hotel room at home before and the feeling is lonesome. I wish life wasn't just competition all the time. Heck, I don't have a girlfriend right now because of the complicated schedule. The only people who could work would be one of the female drivers. I'll admit that they most are rather hot, but I don't think it would work out. Or would it??? Nee and I are going to host a party after the race in the hotel ballroom (Sponsored by Derrier Drinks) and almost anyone is invited. Come if you can make it, its at the Stilton Hotel. If any other drivers are reading, you would have VIP access at the party.

I look out my schedule and realize that only one race has occured. What else might happen this season?

To: Mikaela Treabian's email
Re: Meet!
I was overjoyed to get your email and would love to meet up. This week we are racing at my home turf so I now the local spots. We can catch a drink at Arnold's Pub if you want as I'll be there at 7 tonight. Bring Adjont if you want I'd like to meet anyone. Great job at qualifying. You should totally come to my race-afterparty. Theres more details on my blog.

See you!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports