NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:50 am

To be honest Carmadin, I don't know which is the second round of matches in the grid. You can work out your scores against each team home and away from the grid, but not the order. Though if you were that interested I could check the excel file for the order i put them in?
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am

Polar Islandstates wrote:To be honest Carmadin, I don't know which is the second round of matches in the grid. You can work out your scores against each team home and away from the grid, but not the order. Though if you were that interested I could check the excel file for the order i put them in?

Sorry about the wrong thread... :(
And no problem, I will work it out myself.
That had just been bothering me, and I had wanted to ask about it. I just like to keep track of my club's games, including scores, for all International Club Competitions. especially UICA and Seasogs.

I just haven't ever made it to the group stage in UICA... :eyebrow:
Last edited by Carmadin on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

PopularFreedom
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby PopularFreedom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 am

Anyone know when the next Rugby World Cup in NS is going to take place?
PopularFreedom NSwiki page

Heartland Soccer Union - if you would like to control a team in this let me know, I use FIFA 07 to simulate games and plan to put more online on Youtube in the future.

PopularFreedom Rugby League - if you would like to control a team in this let me know, I use Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge to simulate games.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 am

PopularFreedom wrote:Anyone know when the next Rugby World Cup in NS is going to take place?

Last rugby league world cup's only just concluded; last rugby union one concluded in February. Considering before the recent league WC the previous one was in September, and the union WC before February's was last July, I would suggest not for a while yet.
Слава Україні!

PopularFreedom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby PopularFreedom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 am

Liventia wrote:
PopularFreedom wrote:Anyone know when the next Rugby World Cup in NS is going to take place?

Last rugby league world cup's only just concluded; last rugby union one concluded in February. Considering before the recent league WC the previous one was in September, and the union WC before February's was last July, I would suggest not for a while yet.

Greetings,

Cool, appreciate the info :)

Cheers, ES

Heartland Soccer Union - if you would like to control a team in this let me know, I use FIFA 07 to simulate games and plan to put more online on Youtube in the future.

PopularFreedom Rugby League - if you would like to control a team in this let me know, I use Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge to simulate games.

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 am

Anyone think we should have the second Rugby Sevens World Cup anytime soon.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:54 am

Western cuba wrote:Anyone think we should have the second Rugby Sevens World Cup anytime soon.

I support that!
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

PopularFreedom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby PopularFreedom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 am

Western cuba wrote:Anyone think we should have the second Rugby Sevens World Cup anytime soon.

With rugby sevens to join the real world Olympics in 2016 my nation would definitely join such a competition in NS
Last edited by PopularFreedom on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Polar Islandstates wrote:To be honest Carmadin, I don't know which is the second round of matches in the grid. You can work out your scores against each team home and away from the grid, but not the order. Though if you were that interested I could check the excel file for the order i put them in?

PIS, I figured it out. In a results grid such as the one for Group C (my team's group) in the most recent Seasogs, the team on the x-axis is home, and the y-axis is away. Thus, in this grid, the top is Reps-Baker, Anging RFC, RFC Moulton, Hyde Park, and the same with the side. The score in red is Reps-Baker vs Anging RFC at Reps-Baker's home, and the score in blue is the return fixture. I'm not quite sure about which team is at home, but that's the best I came up with :)

28–0  18–14  36–6
3–3 — 20–0 27–0
6–22 0–26 — 6–8
0–27 3–29 10–21 —
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Tue May 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Right, been a while since anything has happened on the international rugby front. With the NS Rugby Board (NSRB) having now been in place for four tournaments it's time to vote in a new Executive Committee (ExCo). First up we need a Vice-President (VP) for each of the three codes, so nominations for the roles of League VP, Sevens VP and Union VP are open. For the duration of this ExCo the seniority will be in the order of League-Sevens-Union, so the League VP will be the NSRB President, the Sevens VP the first NSRB VP, and the Union VP the second NSRB VP. Candidates can either be nominated by themselves, or by another party. If being nominated by someone else the prospective candidate will need to accept the nomination. Candidates may stand in multiple codes, but can only be elected to one. Nominations should be made in this thread.

I shall leave nominations open until Saturday night (let's say around 18:00 west European local time), and will start the voting shortly thereafter.
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Tue May 22, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Green Jello Salad
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Green Jello Salad » Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Green Jello Salad (a puppet of TBI, for those who don't know) will stand for election as League VP, mostly because that's the only section they're current in.
President, NS Rugby Board
Our men play rugby league and kabaddi. Our women play association football and netball.
Sometimes they dabble together in Babbage code.
RP population is about 2.2 million.

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue May 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Saugeais would like to stand for either League or Union VP, being an active participant in both codes.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Thu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

TKC would like to stand for Union VP.
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu May 24, 2012 9:30 am

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:TKC would like to stand for Union VP.

And yet you claim to have no time for scorinating your league seasons or doing anything else on NS. Sorry, that doesn't jive.
Слава Україні!

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 am

Just to let everyone know, there will be a new Rugby League VP. Logria (and by extension Krytenia) will not be standing for any positions, even if nominated by others.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Western Cuba feels that it is appropriate that it runs for Sevens VP. As Western Cuba hosted R7WC I.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Maron
Envoy

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Maron » Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 pm

I agree we should have a 7s RWC soon.
Last edited by Maron on Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu May 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Maron wrote:Maron and Free South Califas have announced that they will have a Challenge Cup played between their two nations. In domestic news Gold Coast Rugby Football Club (GCRFC) will be playing in the Maron Rugby Premiership as the defending premiers for 12 years straight.

This isn't the rugby newswires thread.
Слава Україні!

Maron
Envoy

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Maron » Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Liventia wrote:
Maron wrote:Maron and Free South Califas have announced that they will have a Challenge Cup played between their two nations. In domestic news Gold Coast Rugby Football Club (GCRFC) will be playing in the Maron Rugby Premiership as the defending premiers for 12 years straight.

This isn't the rugby newswires thread.

im sorry i apologize i'll change it

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Seasogs

Postby Free South Califas » Fri May 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Our Los Angeles County was shut out in three out of six group stage games :O better beef up on the...ahem...scrumming...and running and such...and diving in the endzone for a safety touchdown. I'll get right on that.

Congratulations Darmen!
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Reminder that there's under a day to get presidential nominations in.

A list of the current nominees shall be edited into this post later tonight.
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Liventia wrote:
The Kiaser Colonies wrote:TKC would like to stand for Union VP.

And yet you claim to have no time for scorinating your league seasons or doing anything else on NS. Sorry, that doesn't jive.

I can stand in an election and get on briefly but not in any amount of time sufficient to be hosting a contest. I never said i didn't have time for anything else on NS and I gave notice that I would be unable to scorinate and also gave a rough return date. So I think you will find, that "jives"
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Fri May 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Take a while longer than I'd intended to do this, so bugger editing my previous post (and to actually post this with the account that is strictly speaking the correct one for the role). Nominated candidates currently stand as follows.

League: Green Jello Salad, Saugeais

Sevens: Western Cuba

Union: Saugeais, The Kiaser Colonies

Further nominations are welcome until the deadline, which to remind you all stands at around 18:00 west European local time tomorrow evening.
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Fri May 25, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Fri May 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Merely for the sake of competition, put me down in the sevens category. Nobody likes an uncontested election :)
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Filopines
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Filopines » Fri May 25, 2012 6:37 pm

I would like to be a League VP.
Nation of Filopines
Fort Town, Filopines: Sixth Rushmori Capital of Culture
Native Filopinian names
Surnames

Demonym - Filopinian
Beach Cup VIII Champions