NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

Postby Sorthern Northland » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 am

Does what it says on the tin. An out of character discussion thread for all things rugby related on NS. If you have OOC comments to make, please try and post them here rather than in an IC thread. Below can be found the NS Rugby Board Governing Document, the constitution of rugby's governing body here on NS.

Domestic Rugby (Union & League) thread
Most recent Rugby (Union) World Cup thread
Most recent Rugby League World Cup thread
Rugby (Union) World Cup article on NSWiki
Rugby League World Cup article on NSWiki
Post Rugby League World Cup 9 rankings
Post Rugby (union) World Cup 16 rankings

NS Rugby Board Governing Document

The NS Rugby Board (hereafter NSRB) governs the World Cups of rugby union, rugby league, and rugby sevens in NS Sports.

Membership of the NSRB and of its Union Section, League Section, or Sevens Section is granted to all nations that posted a roster in the last completed Rugby World Cup (RWC), Rugby League World Cup (RLWC), or Rugby Sevens World Cup (R7WC) respectively. (The Rugby Sevens Series International is treated as the first R7WC.) A single player controlling two or more NSRB member nations may only vote through one of them on any given question.

The NSRB as a whole select the hosts of each RWC, RLWC, and R7WC. The NSRB Sections also elect a Vice President periodically, after a cycle of four or more World Cups including at least one of each of the three types has been completed. All NSRB members entered into the tournament may vote on host bids, but only the members of a Section may vote for that section's Vice President.

At the first election of all Section Vice Presidents, the Union Section VP shall be designated as NSRB President with the League Section VP as First Vice President and the Sevens Section VP as Second Vice President. At the second such election, these posts are assigned in the order League-Sevens-Union, and at the third such election Sevens-Union-League.

The President of the NSRB opens signup threads for the three World Cups and oversees selection of their hosts, organises the election of Section Vice Presidents as called for above, organises votes on properly proposed amendments to this document as stated below, and chairs the Executive Council for the resolution of emergencies.

The Vice Presidents of the NSRB take up the duties of the President in sequence, First then Second, when that officer becomes temporarily or permanently unable or unwilling to perform the above duties. Both also serve on the Executive Council for the resolution of emergencies.

NSRB members shall not vote in a host bid election or Section Vice President election where they are a candidate. The President or acting President shall appoint another NSRB member to supervise balloting when they are a candidate.

A two-thirds majority of those voting is required to approve amendments to this document, which must first be proposed and endorsed in the current rugby discussion thread by three persons who each represent a different section. All NSRB members are eligible to vote on amendments.

NSRB membership

Union section – Ancharmunn, Ares-y-Penthesilea, Camwood, Chetkosk, Cyborg Holland, Darmen, Khytenna, Kulverint, Mangolana, Polar Islandstates, Rhodesiah, Saugeais, Tekcirb, The Kiaser Colonies/New Sydney, Triimoria, Tymason (CTE), West Zirconia

League section - Ancharmunn, Brodskopolis, Camwood, Chetkosk, Cyborg Holland, Darmen, Green Jello Salad/Waltzing Matilda, Mangolana, Mapletish, Polar Islandstates, Saugeais

Sevens section - Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk, Chetkosk, Cyborg Holland, Darmen, Euskirribakondara, Khabarovsk Krai, Kulverint, Marohirohi, Mazusa (CTE), Silver Beach (CTE), Tekcirb, Thatius, The Kiaser Colonies, Triimoria, Western Cuba

Current Executive Council of the NS Rugby Board
League Vice-President/NSRB President: Aels
Sevens Vice-President/NSRB 1st VP: Western Cuba
Union Vice-President/NSRB 2nd VP: Saugeais
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am, edited 17 times in total.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC disussion thread.

Postby Somewhereistonia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:10 am

Ooo, a new rugby thread. When will the RWC thread be up?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2549 <-the Domestic rugby thread. The third installments of the RWCC and HC will be after the BoF sometime.
Last edited by Somewhereistonia on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 am

I'm not going to do football-esque transfers and there's no need to ask permission, but given our surprising dominance of the Challenge/Heroes' Cups, if anyone wants to list one or two of their players as belonging to one of my clubs when you submit a RWC roster, you're welcome to do so: it seems reasonable they'd have some foreign players as there's no way my domestic players could do that well on their own.
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 am

Another threa on which im not going to learn anything about Rugby even though i enter all the events. Yeah.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:27 am

If you'd really actually like to learn a little about one of the world's most popular sports, you could just ask. I could try to write a quick summary. Do you want that?

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 am

Not really. I'm just in it for the glory.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Quintessence of Dust wrote:I'm not going to do football-esque transfers and there's no need to ask permission, but given our surprising dominance of the Challenge/Heroes' Cups, if anyone wants to list one or two of their players as belonging to one of my clubs when you submit a RWC roster, you're welcome to do so: it seems reasonable they'd have some foreign players as there's no way my domestic players could do that well on their own.

Same goes for me, just ask on via tg or on irc and i'll say yes unless I already have a specific player in that position. People can make up Somewhereistonians to play in their league as well, just so long as you ask/tell me (everything must of course be within reason).

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 am

Scores for tonight's round of matches will most likely be around midnightish as opposed to the usual 2000-2200 timeslot as I'll be at football this evening.

Unless of course a goose or swan attacks me on the way back.
Sorthern Northland wiki

<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:22 pm

I feel sorry for oreington canada. They have done so well up to now.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:57 pm

I'll be out all of Monday so if the scores aren't up in the usual time frame that'll be why. In all probability though I'll be back before 2000 so they'll probably be up around then.
Sorthern Northland wiki

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Bugger.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm

WTF man, both me and Candelaria win, wasn't expecting that. Its cool though, i like it, gives me a chance to win it.

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Just a note for future hosts. At times the rankings I make (especially in Union) are liable to open up quite large; and unreasonable gaps, between nations. So, when awarding the bonus' for scorination, you should use the position in the ranking, not the nations ranking points.

This of course draws nothing from any recent scorination. :P

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:03 am

Some belated Rugby League rankings:

Code: Select all
   Country   WC II points   Pts Diff.   WC III points   Pts Diff.   WC IV points   Pts Diff.   Total pts diff   Total points
1   Sorthern Northland    11   11   8   72   12   72   155   30
2   Lurikastan   17   44   10   160   8   28   232   27.6
3   Peisandros   13   11   14   88   6   29   128   26
4   Somewhereistonia   0   0   4   -30   8   19   -11   16
5   Lovisa   10   20   10   45   2   -26   39   15.2
6   Kura-Pelland   4   -29   4   -38   6   26   -41   14.4
7   Newmanistan   0   0   0   0   8   1   1   12.8
8   The Yorozuya   11   -14   6   24   0   0   10   9.2
9   Norwellia   0   0   5   -4   2   -6   -10   7.2
10   Dancougar   17   53   0   0   0   0   53   6.8
11   West Zirconia   6   -14   0   0   2   -6   -20   5.6
12   Kjomasasopia   0   0   0   0   3   -9   -9   4.8
13   Taeshan   3   -28   0   -103   2   -25   -156   4.4
14   Kemball Island   3   -17   3   -51   0   0   -68   3.6
15   Ajax Prime    0   0   0   0   2   -10   -10   3.2
16   Lanceo   0   0   0   0   2   -20   -20   3.2
17   Elesdee   0   0   0   0   2   -22   -22   3.2
18   TomGriff   0   0   4   -79   0   0   -79   3.2
19   Draistania   4   -5   0   0   0   0   -5   1.6
20   Quakmybush    0   0   0   0   1   -18   -18   1.6
21   Alversia   0   -32   1   -84   0   0   -116   0.8
22   Palmouth    0   0   0   0   0   -33   -33   0

I hate putting these into code boxes, they never seem to work properly. It's not too difficult wo figure out anyway.

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 am

By the way, do you have the Union rankings, to update NSwiki?

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 am

Quintessence of Dust wrote:By the way, do you have the Union rankings, to update NSwiki?

Not yet done the pts difference for the recent world cup but:

Top 10 rankings are Kelssek, Candelaria And Marquez, Sorthern Northland, Taeshan, Quintessence of Dust, Lovisa, Somewhereistonia, West Zirconia, Oreington Canada, Peisandros.

Hope this is enough until I do the whole rankings properly.

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 am

Somewhereistonia wrote:
Quintessence of Dust wrote:By the way, do you have the Union rankings, to update NSwiki?

Not yet done the pts difference for the recent world cup but:

Top 10 rankings are Kelssek, Candelaria And Marquez, Sorthern Northland, Taeshan, Quintessence of Dust, Lovisa, Somewhereistonia, West Zirconia, Oreington Canada, Peisandros.

Hope this is enough until I do the whole rankings properly.

The Rankings box only takes the top ten(or the top ten ranked teamsand tied teams)

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:40 am

I believe it also shows the ranking points. That is also why I gave the top 10.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:26 am

It does indeed also show points as well.

Might also put the Rugby World Cup article as a featured article candidate, got to say that the work that Gruenberg/QoD is pretty motherflubbing good imo. Thoughts?
Sorthern Northland wiki

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 am

Sorthern Northland wrote:It does indeed also show points as well.

Might also put the Rugby World Cup article as a featured article candidate, got to say that the work that Gruenberg/QoD is pretty motherflubbing good imo. Thoughts?

Annoyingly, I seem to have completely buggered up the note/references: it didn't originally look like that. Might be worth either stripping them all - it's not really necessary to cite NSwiki articles - out, or seeing if there's an obvious way to un-bugger them.

Also if anyone has usable pictures.

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 am

Quintessence of Dust wrote:
Sorthern Northland wrote:It does indeed also show points as well.

Annoyingly, I seem to have completely buggered up the note/references: it didn't originally look like that. Might be worth either stripping them all - it's not really necessary to cite NSwiki articles - out, or seeing if there's an obvious way to un-bugger them.

Also if anyone has usable pictures.

This guy has way to much time. :eyebrow:

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am

Gosh Taeshan, I'm sorry for actually trying to contribute something to the community instead of posting illiterate drivel like I've got a bad case of premature ejaculation. Clearly, everyone should be dragged down to your level.

priezs 4 all1!

Taeshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:36 am

Quintessence of Dust wrote:Gosh Taeshan, I'm sorry for actually trying to contribute something to the community instead of posting illiterate drivel like I've got a bad case of premature ejaculation. Clearly, everyone should be dragged down to your level.

priezs 4 all1!

WTF?

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 am

Rugby Union rankings!

Code: Select all
   Country   WC 11 points   Pts Diff.   WC 12 Points   Pts Diff   WC 13 Points   Pts Diff.   Total pts diff   Total points
1   Kelssek   33   123   24   83   24   166   372   70.8
2   Candelaria & Marquez    8   -60   24   71   28   161   172   67.2
3   Taeshan   20   15   4   -100   24   109   24   49.6
4   Sorthern Northland   16   -6   14   -10   16   52   36   43.2
5   Quint. of Dust    5   -51   16   84   16   64   97   40.4
6   Lovisa   28   89   4   -8   16   52   133   40
7   West Zirconia   16   -9   24   99   8   75   165   38.4
8   Somewhereistonia         16   4   16   111   115   38.4
9   Oreington Canada               16   -12   -12   25.6
10   Peisandros   13   32   10   60   4   -12   80   19.6
11   Valipac               12   -3   -3   19.2
12   Septentrionia    13   -51         6   -27   -78   14.8
13   Creestahlyia               8   -23   -23   12.8
14   Darclad               8   -71   -71   12.8
15   Solenial   26   59               59   10.4
16   Norwellia         12   56         56   9.6
17   Achtervolging               6   -27   -27   9.6
18   Kulverint               6   -58   -58   9.6
19   Idanno   19   34               34   7.6
20   Seathen               4   -6   -6   6.4
21   Anti-Mod Duck               4   -7   -7   6.4
22   Finland6               4   -10   -10   6.4
23   Esperantolando               4   -15   -15   6.4
24   Molested Sock               4   -24   -24   6.4
25   Estus               4   -30   -30   6.4
26   Harlesburg               4   -30   -30   6.4
27   Swartaz               4   -45   -45   6.4
28   Mantwenic               4   -59   -59   6.4
29   Lanceo               4   -70   -70   6.4
30   Liventia   14   -40               -40   5.6
31   Miroxia   10   -11               -11   4
32   Palmouth               2   -21   -21   3.2
33   Socialism and Football         4   -44         -44   3.2
34   Myedvedeya   8   -66               -66   3.2
35   Krytenia         4   -26   0   -44   -70   3.2
36   The Bye         4   -102         -102   3.2
37   Unreal229         4   -119         -119   3.2
38   An Blascaod Mór    6   5               5   2.4
39   Alversia   3   -63               -63   1.2
40   Iglesian Archipelago               0   -21   -21   0
41   Pljevla               0   -39   -39   0
42   SarahRed-n-BarryBlue               0   -72   -72   0
43   Milchama         0   -48   0   -64   -112   0
   Average →   14.88   0   10.93   0      0   0   14.79

Antarctistan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarctistan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 am

Antrctistan + The Yorozuya are open to all friendly requests...
Antarctistan on NSWiki: http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Antarctistan
Antarctistani National Football Team: http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Antarctistani_National_Foot_Ball_Team
Rugby League http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Antarctistan_National_Rugby_League_Team
Sporting Accomplishments:
Winners: None
Runners Up:None
Third Place:None
Partaken in:RLWC V, WC48 Quals, Casino Cup I, BoF35

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports