NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Olympic Games Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Sun May 08, 2022 1:46 am

Here are the xkoranate sports files from the recent 16th Winter Olympics. A few notes:

(1) I did not modify any ice hockey or bandy files; they are not included in this batch
(2) I only realised post-Games that the women's downhill was scorinated with the old file, not the updated 2022 results file, by accident
(3) If downloading these files, be sure to delete all existing winter sports files (EXCEPT ICE HOCKEY AND BANDY!!!!) to avoid any clashes in file names and within the xml with the event names. In cross-country skiing, I have included files for the 2018 events (with the skiing styles reversed) using the 2018 results, updated in 2019.
(4) Some events use RL World Cup results instead of Beijing 2022 Olympic results as a base, notably the men's 50km cross-country freestyle (which was 28.4km in Beijing), women's Nordic combined, and women's large hill and team ski jumping.
(5) Figure skating team event and luge team relay files are provided in their constituent parts, not as an overall file
(6) Speed skating mass start consists of four files: one for the number of laps (which should be the first scorination), two for the time (one for each event; this should be the second scorination), and one for the sprints (this should be the third scorination, run three times per event).

They can be found and downloaded from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Additionally, a reminder that all NS Olympic Records, updated for the most recent Games, can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Liventia on Sun May 08, 2022 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Mon May 09, 2022 6:46 pm

I noticed the June/July dates in the first bid. It seems like the last Summer Games was in August -- is that just dependent on who the winning bid is?

Just to be clear, not planning on bidding, and not taking issue with June/July (I'm more interesting for planning/preparation purposes).
IC WA Diplomat Josiah Garrett
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Army of Freedom medals received:
N-Day² Medals -- N-Day³ Medals -- N-Day⁴ Medals
Z-Day6 Medals

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Wed May 11, 2022 12:26 am

New Waldensia wrote:I noticed the June/July dates in the first bid. It seems like the last Summer Games was in August -- is that just dependent on who the winning bid is?

Just to be clear, not planning on bidding, and not taking issue with June/July (I'm more interesting for planning/preparation purposes).

No worries!

Yes, it does depends on a couple of things the bidding party has to conider: RL availability of prospective bidder(s) on most years, or if bidder(s) are looking to bid after or around same time as the Summer Games IRL during olympic years.

For former, relatively earlier dates for this bid are in tentatively in place due to my RL schedule, as I expect to be busy for the end of August. It is not 100% and things can still change, but looks very likely at the moment, so we have slightly earlier dates than in past years with possible adjustment to be given if necessary. The signup period should last over the course of June and first two weeks of July, which give us around 6 weeks.

Latter is something that would be better explained by past hosts. I remember this coming up a fair bit on few of the earliest pages of this discussion thread, but this predates my time on NSS.

That said, IIRC the Summer/Winter Olympics on olympic years tend to be held after the Games itself these days due to change in format, score range, records and whatnot. This also means that scorination files often have to be updated and changed. Past olympic cohosts have made their scorination files available on this thread, for the benefit of not only future hosts, but also the NSS community as whole, with this in mind. It is likely said practice will continue in future.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Wed May 11, 2022 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu May 19, 2022 2:10 pm

There is just over a week left for host bids to be filed.
For the sake of clarity, the bidding window will close at 00:00 UTC, 27 May.
Слава Україні!

Olympic Council
Secretary

Founded: Jan 10, 2010

Postby Olympic Council » Sun May 29, 2022 10:45 am

Host voting is now open.

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:35 pm

Thank you everybody for putting your trust on Electrum and I to host the upcoming Olympics. :)

Here is the signup thread.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 pm

We had neglected to mention this in our host bid but Quebec and I intend to apply the rule that the 33% RP bonus penalty instituted in previous Olympics will apply to delegations with a standard deviation more than three points above the specified limit. No delegations with already accepted sign-ups have been affected.

The spreadsheet has been updated to include this warning (in particular cell H24).
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:43 am

While we've got a lull where the competition hasn't started proper yet... I'm looking for feedback on the newly revised sign-up spreadsheet I created. What did you like/dislike about it? Please let me know here or by telegram. Thanks

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:51 pm

Electrum wrote:While we've got a lull where the competition hasn't started proper yet... I'm looking for feedback on the newly revised sign-up spreadsheet I created. What did you like/dislike about it? Please let me know here or by telegram. Thanks

I've found the revised spreadsheet really helpful and user-friendly. It was easier to avoid signing up into a wrong box (we've all been there before!), the target standard deviation reminder came handy (though whether aiming for full Stdev or just avoiding ~33% RP penalty is another story), and automatic entries were particularly useful when putting together certain team events.

There was a minor challenge with compiling signups for certain events (mostly aquatics) as I had to scroll back and forth for some events, but those came from both XV and XVI signup spreadsheets being used. With event list changes taking effect for XVII to reflect RL changes, I would assume that won't be an issue for XVII.

Also continuing this from OOC thread for future's sake:

Electrum wrote:
Quebec and Shingoryeo wrote:I do have a couple of thoughts regarding the number of ties we have been getting on artistic gymnastics finals, especially vault. But those will likely need bit more think, possibly after the artistic gymnastics events all end.

I've long had plans to realign and reform the xkoranate files to align with the most recent Olympics. It's clear in my last two hostings of the Olympics that there are some deficiencies in some files (some athletics and even some of my own shooting files I used in the last Olympics) which creates results that are impossible IRL (e.g. last year's pole vault, many shooting finals).

I think the best fix for MAG/WAG is for xkoranate to generate both an execution and a technical score, that way we can have a tiebreaker if required. The usual trick of adding hidden decimal points as a tiebreak (such as timed events in athletics) does not work because adding hidden decimal points breaks the rounding (i.e. you would get gymnastics scores of like 15.612 instead of 15.600).

I do agree that adding an execution and a technical score would be good way to solve it. With vault it's already be doable under said files without generating those scores, as it has a separate tiebreaker where higher of two individual vaults would come out on top which was also used back in Tokyo 2020 men's final, but for others it'd be bit more of a challenge without doing so.

I could see the argument that generating those those scores separately would be problematic on RP freedom part, which was raised by Liventia when there were discussions on weightlifting file updates last year (Page 163). I personally don't see this being a problem, especially as it would make it easier for people to roleplay both D-element and E-element on event finals (not perfect, as have seen by women's floor final scores between XVI and 2020 Tokyo but in hindsight that can be addressed by men's and women's apparatus final having different files) and as the new files for XVI already reflect massive scoring changes made between Beijing 2008 and Tokyo 2020 anyway.

I do wonder what others think on this though.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

New Gelderland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Gelderland » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:11 pm

Quebec and Shingoryeo wrote:I could see the argument that generating those those scores separately would be problematic on RP freedom part, which was raised by Liventia when there were discussions on weightlifting file updates last year (Page 163). I personally don't see this being a problem, especially as it would make it easier for people to roleplay both D-element and E-element on event finals (not perfect, as have seen by women's floor final scores between XVI and 2020 Tokyo but in hindsight that can be addressed by men's and women's apparatus final having different files) and as the new files for XVI already reflect massive scoring changes made between Beijing 2008 and Tokyo 2020 anyway.

I do wonder what others think on this though.

I suspect that this sentiment is commonly shared, but I certainly don't know enough about gymnastics to RP about it realistically with any certainty. I did some of this for skateboarding with NHE, but I felt like I was jut pulling trick names out of a hat blindly. So for me, I think perhaps having technical vs execution spelled out would increase my own personal RPing freedom since I would have a little bit more scorinated data to play around with.

(I think it also bears noting that Liventia is by far the forum's leading expert on the intricacies of many Olympic sports, and many of us [and certainly not me!] wouldn't know as much about technical details in gymnastics or other sports to be able to have the ability to RP gymnastics in the depth that they would be able to.)

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:37 pm

Electrum wrote:While we've got a lull where the competition hasn't started proper yet... I'm looking for feedback on the newly revised sign-up spreadsheet I created. What did you like/dislike about it? Please let me know here or by telegram. Thanks

Big fan! The previous sign-up sheet was so complicated that you had to open up most formulas just to tell where you were supposed to enter your data and what to copy. The new one really helps you through the process.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:03 am

While I welcome Kelssek's apparent forthcoming bid for the upcoming Winter Olympic Games, I'd like to invite anyone interested who wants to try their hand at hosting said Winter Games with me being in an advisory / minor cohost role providing help and guidance (meaning while I'd be the senior co-bidder in any such hypothetical candidature, I would be more hands-off than hands-on, and would not take up the position on the Olympic Council Executive Committee), to approach me via TG or Discord DM. Please have relevant prior hosting experience on NS Sport if you're interested. Thanks!
Слава Україні!

New Gelderland
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Gelderland » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:53 pm

While I know my own IC murmurings have been more "will-they-won't-they" regarding a potential Winter Olympics bid for XVII, I will confirm OOCly that a Quebec and Shingoryeo/New Gelderland bid is under serious consideration for the Winter Games, pending our own RL circumstances.

On another note: now that New Gelderland has participated in the last two Olympic Games (summer and winter), I believe that New Gelderland should assume Krytenia's place on the Executive Committee given that I was the designated host for the Games of the X Olympiad.
Last edited by New Gelderland on Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:06 pm

I confirm my part in putting serious consideration for possible QUE-NGD bid for XVII Winter and/or XVII Summer. Of course, this is contingent upon both our RL circumstances, like what NGD had stated above. Being out in job market, and also possibly having to move cities (once again!) and whatnot.

Regardless of how many bids we will have by the end of the year, let's say, I'm glad that we are seeing more bids coming up. Perhaps we may see first contested bidding process for Winter Olympics since...IX. Man how the time flies..

Now that we are winding down from the Summer Olympics, here's a note that a couple of tournaments may be of your interest.

Afaik Liventia plans to run Global Athletics Tour 2 and I have proposed a possible International Aquatics series with Swimming World Cup (+ Diving World Cup and other related competitions) that would culminate into a cycle-end championships. Around end of 2022 or early 2023 we may also see an international surfing tour that Vilitan Union plans to run as well. And then a couple of sports have their domestics running - handball (WCHC) and volleyball (IVF - both beach and indoor) being two of those.

Keep the interest running!
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:35 am

I was planning to bid for the next Winter Olympics but if experienced hosts are already willing and able to do it, I may hold off and perhaps try for the 17th Summer or 18th Winter.

If you're interested in cooperatively running a 2nd World Aquatics Championships, modelled on the equivalent RL event, this October-November could be a good time for me. I am thinking something that ICly happens in 2 weeks but would be pretty casual in terms of RP and pace of results posting. I can handle a 1 hour per 2/3 days a week commitment (about how long it took to scorinate the 1st event) but not something every 48 hours, say.
Last edited by Kelssek on Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:04 am

The Olympic Records spreadsheet is now up-to-date based on the list provided by Electrum in the results thread, excluding a number of those results which were actually not better than existing ORs.

When I'm able to, I'll also do a full trawl through the results to check for any missed records.
Слава Україні!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:06 am

Thanks everyone for putting up with my usually late cut-offs, it's very much appreciated :)

Now that this has been the fourth Summer Olympics of the cycle, it is time to say goodbye to some sports and welcome new ones. As you know, I've been progressively updating the event lists to match RL.

In general I am proposing the following changes:
  • Athletics - 35km mixed team walk replacing the 50km walk events
  • Baseball-softball - deleted
  • Breaking - added to the extended list
  • Boxing - Men's lightweight, welterweight and middleweight to be discontinued and replaced with light welterweight and light middleweight. Women's flyweight to be discontinued and replaced with light flyweight and bantamweight. Because men have 7 events to the women's 6, and the events no longer correspond, I'm proposing to keep women's heavyweight on the extended list and removing light heavyweight and super heavyweight to have the potential gender equality of 7 events each.
  • Canoeing - Men's and women's sprint K1 200m discontinued and replaced with extreme canoe slalom
  • Karate - deleted
  • Sailing - Heavyweight dinghy and two-person dinghy classes discontinued and replaced with kiteboarding and a mixed two-person dinghy event.
  • Shooting - Mixed trap team replaced with mixed skeet team
  • Skateboarding - Made into a base event
  • Sport climbing - Combined event discontinued and replaced with two separate events: speed climbing and boulder/lead, made into a base event
  • Surfing - Made into a base event
  • Weightlifting - Removal of two weight classes for both men and women, new weight classes are: 61kg/73kg/89kg/102kg/102+kg for men and 49kg/59kg/71kg/81kg/81+kg for women
Last edited by Electrum on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:13 am

My only reservations are with weightlifting for now. We still do not have sufficient major Championship results in the new weight categories to produce representative results for scorination files. As the current weight categories have only been used at three NS Olympic Games, I am proposing that we keep the current weight category distribution for one further Games to allow for a sufficient RL results base to develop in the new categories.

As for the mixed team race walk, this shouldn't be too difficult as we now have RL results at 35km for both men and women and I believe it's not intended to be a relay, but rather a system that adds the placements of the athletes in each event.
Last edited by Liventia on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

New Gelderland
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Gelderland » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:44 am

Would a new file be developed for breakdancing, or would we just use the judo scorinator since it seems to me to be head-to-head elimination matches?

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:27 am

New Gelderland wrote:Would a new file be developed for breakdancing, or would we just use the judo scorinator since it seems to me to be head-to-head elimination matches?

Existing results for breaking at its previous Olympic outing (2018 Youth Olympic Games) can be found here: https://library.olympic.org/Default/dig ... tId=177528

A file will probably be required for the preliminary round.
Слава Україні!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Liventia wrote:My only reservations are with weightlifting for now. We still do not have sufficient major Championship results in the new weight categories to produce representative results for scorination files. As the current weight categories have only been used at three NS Olympic Games, I am proposing that we keep the current weight category distribution for one further Games to allow for a sufficient RL results base to develop in the new categories.

I think we should be fine. I understand that these weight classes from the IWF World Championships since 2018 so we've got two (soon to be three) years worth of results in time for next year's Summer Olympics. For the 102+/81+ categories we can be conservative and use the results from the next weight class up.

AQUATICS
ARTISTIC SWIMMING
Men’s Duet
Men’s Team
Women’s Duet (1 team of 2)
Women’s Team (1 team)
DIVING
Men’s 3 m Springboard (2)
Men’s 10 m Platform (2)
Men’s Synchronized 3 m Springboard (1 team of 2)
Men’s Synchronized 10 m Platform (1 team of 2)
Women’s 3 m Springboard (2)
Women’s 10 m Platform (2)
Women’s Synchronized 3 m Springboard (1 team of 2)
Women’s Synchronized 10 m Platform (1 team of 2)
MARATHON SWIMMING
Men’s 10 km Marathon (2)
Women’s 10 km Marathon (2)
SWIMMING
Men’s 50 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 100 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 200 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 400 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 800 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 1500 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 100 m Backstroke (2)
Men’s 200 m Backstroke (2)
Men’s 100 m Breaststroke (2)
Men’s 200 m Breaststroke (2)
Men’s 100 m Butterfly (2)
Men’s 200 m Butterfly (2)
Men’s 200 m Individual Medley (2)
Men’s 400 m Individual Medley (2)
Men’s 4×100 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 4×200 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 4×100 m Medley Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 50 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 100 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 200 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 400 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 800 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 1500 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 100 m Backstroke (2)
Women’s 200 m Backstroke (2)
Women’s 100 m Breaststroke (2)
Women’s 200 m Breaststroke (2)
Women’s 100 m Butterfly (2)
Women’s 200 m Butterfly (2)
Women’s 200 m Individual Medley (2)
Women’s 400 m Individual Medley (2)
Women’s 4×100 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 4×200 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 4×100 m Medley Relay (1 team of 4)
Mixed 4×100 m Medley Relay (1 team of 4)
WATER POLO
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

ARCHERY
Men’s Individual (3)
Men’s Team (N/A1)
Women’s Individual (3)
Women’s Team (N/A1)
Mixed Team (N/A2)
1. If an NOC enters three archers in an individual archery event, those archers also compete as a team in the corresponding team event.
2. If an NOC enters at least one archer to both individual archery events, those archers also compete as a team in the mixed team event.

ATHLETICS
Men’s 100 m (3)
Men’s 200 m (3)
Men’s 400 m (3)
Men’s 800 m (3)
Men’s 1500 m (3)
Men’s 5000 m (3)
Men’s 10000 m (3)
Men’s 110 m Hurdles (3)
Men’s 400 m Hurdles (3)
Men’s 3000 m Steeplechase (3)
Men’s 4×100 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 4×400 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s High Jump (3)
Men’s Pole Vault (3)
Men’s Long Jump (3)
Men’s Triple Jump (3)
Men’s Shot Put (3)
Men’s Discus Throw (3)
Men’s Hammer Throw (3)
Men’s Javelin Throw (3)
Men’s Decathlon (3)
Men’s Marathon (3)
Men’s 20 km Walk (3)
Men’s 50 km Walk (3)
Women’s 100 m (3)
Women’s 200 m (3)
Women’s 400 m (3)
Women’s 800 m (3)
Women’s 1500 m (3)
Women’s 5000 m (3)
Women’s 10000 m (3)
Women’s 100 m Hurdles (3)
Women’s 400 m Hurdles (3)
Women’s 3000 m Steeplechase (3)
Women’s 4×100 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 4×400 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s High Jump (3)
Women’s Pole Vault (3)
Women’s Long Jump (3)
Women’s Triple Jump (3)
Women’s Shot Put (3)
Women’s Discus Throw (3)
Women’s Hammer Throw (3)
Women’s Javelin Throw (3)
Women’s Heptathlon (3)
Women’s Marathon (3)
Women’s 20 km Walk (3)
Women’s 50 km Walk
Mixed 4×400 m Relay (1 team of 4)

BADMINTON
Men’s Singles (2)
Men’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Women’s Singles (2)
Women’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Mixed Doubles (2 teams of 2)

BASEBALL-SOFTBALL
Men’s Baseball (1 team)
Women’s Softball (1 team)

BASKETBALL
3x3
Men’s 3x3 (1 team)
Women’s 3x3 (1 team)
BASKETBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

BOXING
Men’s Flyweight (1)
Men’s Featherweight (1)
Men’s Lightweight (1)
Men’s Welterweight (1)
Men’s Middleweight (1)
Men’s Light Heavyweight (1)
Men’s Heavyweight (1)
Men’s Super Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Flyweight (1)
Women’s Featherweight (1)
Women’s Lightweight (1)
Women’s Welterweight (1)
Women’s Middleweight (1)
Women’s Light Heavyweight
Women’s Heavyweight
Women’s Super Heavyweight

CANOEING
SLALOM
Men’s C-1 (1)
Men’s K-1 (1)
Women’s C-1 (1)
Women’s K-1 (1)
SPRINT
Men’s C-1 1000 m (1)
Men’s C-2 1000 m (1 team of 2)
Men’s K-1 200 m (1)
Men’s K-1 1000 m (1)
Men’s K-2 1000 m (1 team of 2)
Men’s K-4 500 m (1 team of 4)
Women’s C-1 200 m (1)
Women’s C-2 500 m (1 team of 2)
Women’s K-1 200 m (1)
Women’s K-1 500 m (1)
Women’s K-2 500 m (1 team of 2)
Women’s K-4 500 m (1 team of 4)

CYCLING
BMX FREESTYLE
Men’s Freestyle (2)
Women’s Freestyle (2)
BMX RACING
Men’s Racing (3)
Women’s Racing (3)
MOUNTAIN BIKING
Men’s (3)
Women’s (3)
ROAD
Men’s Road Race (5)
Men’s Time Trial (2)
Women’s Road Race (5)
Women’s Time Trial (2)
TRACK
Men’s Keirin (2)
Men’s Omnium (2)
Men’s Sprint (2)
Men’s Team Pursuit (1 team of 4)
Men’s Team Sprint (1 team of 3)
Men’s Madison (1 team of 2)
Women’s Keirin (2)
Women’s Omnium (2)
Women’s Sprint (2)
Women’s Team Pursuit (1 team of 4)
Women’s Team Sprint (1 team of 2)
Women’s Madison (1 team of 2)

EQUESTRIAN
DRESSAGE
Individual (3)
Team (N/A3)
EVENTING
Individual (3)
Team (N/A3)
JUMPING
Individual (3)
Team (N/A3)
3. If an NOC enters the maximum number of riders in an individual equestrian event, those riders also compete as a team in the corresponding team event.

FENCING
Men’s Individual Épée (3)
Men’s Individual Foil (3)
Men’s Individual Sabre (3)
Men’s Team Épée (1 team of 3)
Men’s Team Foil (1 team of 3)
Men’s Team Sabre (1 team of 3)
Women’s Individual Épée (3)
Women’s Individual Foil (3)
Women’s Individual Sabre (3)
Women’s Team Épée (1 team of 3)
Women’s Team Foil (1 team of 3)
Women’s Team Sabre (1 team of 3)

FOOTBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

GOLF
Men’s Individual (3)
Women’s Individual (3)

GYMNASTICS
ARTISTIC4
Men’s Individual All-Around (N/A)
Men’s Team All-Around (N/A)
Men’s Floor Exercise (N/A)
Men’s Horizontal Bar (N/A)
Men’s Parallel Bars (N/A)
Men’s Pommel Horse (N/A)
Men’s Rings (N/A)
Men’s Vault (N/A)
Women’s Individual All-Around (N/A)
Women’s Team All-Around (N/A)
Women’s Balance Beam (N/A)
Women’s Floor Exercise (N/A)
Women’s Uneven Bars (N/A)
Women’s Vault (N/A)
RHYTHMIC
Men’s Individual
Men’s Group
Women’s Individual (2)
Women’s Group (1 team)
TRAMPOLINE
Men’s (2)
Women’s (2)
4. Each NOC is allowed to enter up to four men’s and five women’s gymnasts, who compete in a qualifying round to determine advancement to the various medal events. If an NOC enters four gymnasts in the men’s or women’s qualifying, they become eligible to qualify for the corresponding team all-around event.

HANDBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

HOCKEY
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

JUDO
Men’s 60 kg (1)
Men’s 66 kg (1)
Men’s 73 kg (1)
Men’s 81 kg (1)
Men’s 90 kg (1)
Men’s 100 kg (1)
Men’s Over 100 kg (1)
Women’s 48 kg (1)
Women’s 52 kg (1)
Women’s 57 kg (1)
Women’s 63 kg (1)
Women’s 70 kg (1)
Women’s 78 kg (1)
Women’s Over 78 kg (1)
Mixed Team (N/A)5

5. The judo mixed team event consists of teams of three male judoka (73kg, 90kg, over 90kg) and three female judoka (57kg, 70kg, over 70kg) who were entered in the individual competition.

KARATE
KATA
Men’s Individual (1)
Women’s Individual (1)
KUMITE
Men’s 67 kg (1)
Men’s 75 kg (1)
Men’s Over 75 kg (1)
Women’s 55 kg (1)
Women’s 61 kg (1)
Women’s Over 61 kg (1)

MODERN PENTATHLON
Men’s (2)
Women’s (2)

ROWING
Men’s Single Sculls (1)
Men’s Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Men’s Lightweight Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Men’s Quadruple Sculls (1 team of 4)
Men’s Coxless Pairs (1 team of 2)
Men’s Coxless Fours (1 team of 4)
Men’s Coxed Eights (1 team)
Women’s Single Sculls (1)
Women’s Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Women’s Lightweight Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Women’s Quadruple Sculls (1 team of 4)
Women’s Coxless Pairs (1 team of 2)
Women’s Coxless Fours (1 team of 4)
Women’s Coxed Eights (1 team)

RUGBY SEVENS
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

SAILING6
Men’s One-Person Dinghy (1)
Men’s Two-Person Dinghy (1 team of 2)
Men’s Heavyweight Dinghy (1)
Men’s Windsurfer (1)
Men’s Skiff (1 team of 2)
Women’s One-Person Dinghy (1)
Women’s Two-Person Dinghy (1 team of 2)
Women’s Heavyweight Dinghy
Women’s Windsurfer (1)
Women’s Skiff (1 team of 2)
Mixed Multihull (1 team of 2)
6. These event names avoid reference to specific equipment. IRL, the one-person dinghy is the Laser class for men and Laser Radial class for women, the skiff is the 49er class for men and the 49erFX class for women, the two-person dinghy is the 470 class, the heavyweight dinghy is the Finn class, the windsurfer is the RS:X class, and the mixed multihull class is the Nacra 17 Foiling class.

SHOOTING
Men’s 10 m Air Pistol (2)
Men’s 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol (2)
Men’s 10 m Air Rifle (2)
Men’s 50 m Rifle Three Positions (2)
Men’s Trap (2)
Men’s Skeet (2)
Women’s 10 m Air Pistol (2)
Women’s 25 m Pistol (2)
Women’s 10 m Air Rifle (2)
Women’s 50 m Rifle Three Positions (2)
Women’s Trap (2)
Women’s Skeet (2)
Mixed Pistol Team (1 team of 2)
Mixed Rifle Team (1 team of 2)
Mixed Trap Team (1 team of 2)

SKATEBOARDING
Men’s Park
Men’s Street
Women’s Park
Women’s Street

SPORT CLIMBING
Men’s Combined
Women’s Combined

SURFING
Men’s Shortboard
Women’s Shortboard

TABLE TENNIS
Men’s Singles (3)
Men’s Team (1 team of 3)
Women’s Singles (3)
Women’s Team (1 team of 3)
Mixed Doubles (1 team of 2)

TAEKWONDO
Men’s 58 kg (1)
Men’s 68 kg (1)
Men’s 80 kg (1)
Men’s Over 80 kg (1)
Women’s 49 kg (1)
Women’s 57 kg (1)
Women’s 67 kg (1)
Women’s Over 67 kg (1)

TENNIS
Men’s Singles (4)
Men’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Women’s Singles (4)
Women’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Mixed Doubles (2 teams of 2)

TRIATHLON
Men’s (3)
Women’s (3)
Mixed Team Relay (1 team of 4)

VOLLEYBALL
BEACH
Men’s (2 teams of 2)
Women’s (2 teams of 2)
INDOOR
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

WEIGHTLIFTING
Men’s 61 kg (1)
Men’s 67 kg (1)
Men’s 73 kg (1)
Men’s 81 kg (1)
Men’s 96 kg (1)
Men’s 109 kg (1)
Men’s Over 109 kg (1)
Women’s 49 kg (1)
Women’s 55 kg (1)
Women’s 59 kg (1)
Women’s 64 kg (1)
Women’s 76 kg (1)
Women’s 87 kg (1)
Women’s Over 87 kg (1)

WRESTLING
FREESTYLE
Men’s 57 kg (1)
Men’s 65 kg (1)
Men’s 74 kg (1)
Men’s 86 kg (1)
Men’s 97 kg (1)
Men’s 125 kg (1)
Women’s 50 kg (1)
Women’s 53 kg (1)
Women’s 57 kg (1)
Women’s 62 kg (1)
Women’s 68 kg (1)
Women’s 76 kg (1)
GRECO-ROMAN
Men’s 60 kg (1)
Men’s 67 kg (1)
Men’s 77 kg (1)
Men’s 87 kg (1)
Men’s 97 kg (1)
Men’s 130 kg (1)
Women’s 50 kg
Women’s 53 kg
Women’s 57 kg
Women’s 62 kg
Women’s 68 kg
Women’s 76 kg
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:01 am

List of bespoke files used for these Olympic Games: here.

I'm looking to adjust gymnastics and shooting and clean up some of the presentation -- adding these files will make xkoranate a bit of a mess in terms of selecting sports, and some of these sports need explanation -- I'll probably post one at some point. Please note that some of these files will override the old ones. Also contains weightlifting, swimming files, speed climbing, MP fencing file and probably a bunch more from Liventia.
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sjovenia
Senator

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sjovenia » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:13 am

Excited for the next Winter Olympics!
Leader: Autarch Ferdinand Tennfjord
Capital: Sova Mesto
National Animal: Tyto Owl (Barn Owl)
Currency: Tolar

Olympic Athletes

Athletes

Official Sjovene Youtube

Self Advertising

"No one loves a warrior until the enemy is at the gate."

"You know dying is often a cry for attention"

Norway-sweden-finland
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Norway-sweden-finland » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:10 am

marking

New Gelderland
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Gelderland » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:44 am

I can confirm that Quebec and Shingoryeo and I are putting together a bid for the next Winter Olympics; at the moment, we would propose a schedule similar to Liventia's for the Games (late March through mid-April).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports