NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Olympic Games Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am

Eastfield Lodge wrote:
Esparmuran wrote:What's the significance behind the schedule having some sports that are bolded, some that are italicized and some that are neither?

Bold = medal will be awarded that day
Italics = demonstration event final
Nothing = qualification or earlier rounds/runs

I see, thank you.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:36 pm

If only Day 1 could come sooner. The suspense is killing me.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Prepare for possibility of dumb question:

Are unified teams treated as one nation, or a nation and a puppet? Could I enter a combined Havenic team, with entrants from both Greater Vakolicci haven and celeria, as well as Velstrania, and have a 300 entry limit or am I best entering separate teams?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Prepare for possibility of dumb question:

Are unified teams treated as one nation, or a nation and a puppet? Could I enter a combined Havenic team, with entrants from both Greater Vakolicci haven and celeria, as well as Velstrania, and have a 300 entry limit or am I best entering separate teams?

The way I understand it, they are treated as one nation.

So if you enter a Havenic team, in the official table, the Havenic will have medals. No official medals will be awarded individually to neither GVH&C or Velstrania, and for you to separate them will be for your own RP purposes only.

As for the rest of the question, I'm not sure.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Banija wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Prepare for possibility of dumb question:

The way I understand it, they are treated as one nation.

So if you enter a Havenic team, in the official table, the Havenic will have medals. No official medals will be awarded individually to neither GVH&C or Velstrania, and for you to separate them will be for your own RP purposes only.

As for the rest of the question, I'm not sure.

I was more talking about for purposes of the entry limit. It'd be far, far easier for me to make one big entry of 300 participants for a Havenic team, rather than an entry for Vakolicci haven and Celeria, and a much much smaller entry for Velstrania. Because oddly enough their isn't much on ice that huge hulking giants are great at.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Unified teams are counted as one nation for the purposes of entry allocation. In other words, 200 entries.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Laeral
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Laeral » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 am

This is my first time in an Olympics, or any NS Sports RP. I took a look at the thread on a whim, after watching the PyeongChang Olympics, and decided that it looked interesting.
Second Allied Provinces of Laeral: A Chinese-inspired semi-presidential democracy, grappling with the legacy of French colonial rule.
Author of Issue #808, Big Trouble in Little Dàguó, and Issue #971, Ambassadors Inextraordinary

Medwedian Democratic Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:01 am

The Medwedian Democratic Federation would be ready to host the Summer Games. We have large stadiums and are ready to build whatever is missing within a month. Last time we hosted the olympics in 1988, we built a stadium housing 400.000 within a month.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 am

Medwedian Democratic Federation wrote:The Medwedian Democratic Federation would be ready to host the Summer Games. We have large stadiums and are ready to build whatever is missing within a month. Last time we hosted the olympics in 1988, we built a stadium housing 400.000 within a month.

Liventia wrote:A kind reminder for our friends who are joining us for the first time this Winter Olympics and are thinking of 'hosting' the next one:

Kelssek wrote:Also, please do not bid to host unless you know what you are doing. Hosting the Olympics is a tremendously big and time-consuming undertaking, and is much more than posting photos of stadiums and coming up with a spiel about one of your cities. When I did it I spent literally weeks processing the signups and loading them into the scorinator, in addition to at least 2 hours per day to generate the results. And that's for the Winter Olympics, which has less than a third of the events that the Summer Olympics does. In any case, it is very doubtful you would be accepted as the host if the participants didn't have confidence you could actually carry through with it.

Enjoy the Games!
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 pm

A few questions.

Where is the ice dancing taking place, and what exemptions have been made to the gun laws for the Olympics? Shall I rp a very, very nervous Maria without a gun or will everyone's favourite cyborg dutchess be able to keep her high-powered safety blanket?

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:04 pm

The Ice Palace, and no, guns are given up on the border, and are strictly controlled -- only exceptions are for biathlon athletes.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Electrum wrote:The Ice Palace, and no, guns are given up on the border, and are strictly controlled -- only exceptions are for biathlon athletes.

she's a biathlon athlete

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:32 pm

PUBLIC UTILITY: I noticed some nations are using the RL Olympic rings on its logos. If you think a change is worthy, you can use NS Sports Olympic Emblem, the star. I believe most of the nations didn't use it because there wasn't a bigger version.

The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Is their anyone here who would be good enough to make me a logo?

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Just saying people should start to think about bidding in these next few weeks judging by the time the bids came in last year if anyone is planning on bidding for the summer Olympics
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Boreia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

help

Postby Boreia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi all. Boreia is a pretty new nation and would like to participate in the next Olympics, whenever they may be. How do I prepare and what does it actually involve?

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Boreia wrote:Hi all. Boreia is a pretty new nation and would like to participate in the next Olympics, whenever they may be. How do I prepare and what does it actually involve?

Next Olympics signup thread will probably go up in 1 or 2 months. When you sign up, just follow the instructions.
After you sign up, it doesn't require anything. Maybe RP a little and you are good!
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Boreia wrote:Hi all. Boreia is a pretty new nation and would like to participate in the next Olympics, whenever they may be. How do I prepare and what does it actually involve?

Why dont you sign up for the Winter Paralympics?

Boreia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Boreia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:26 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Is their anyone here who would be good enough to make me a logo?

Hit me up, I got you.

Boreia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Boreia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

North Prarie wrote:

Next Olympics signup thread will probably go up in 1 or 2 months. When you sign up, just follow the instructions.
After you sign up, it doesn't require anything. Maybe RP a little and you are good!

alright thanks! :lol2:

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Seriously guys people should think about bidding okay
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:Seriously guys people should think about bidding okay

I am thinking about it. I'm just not doing it at the moment.

(Vilita, not Turori)

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Vilita and Turori wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:Seriously guys people should think about bidding okay

(Vilita, not Turori)

Like are you seriously gong to bid soon maybe or is this a joke
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:
Vilita and Turori wrote:

(Vilita, not Turori)

Like are you seriously gong to bid soon maybe or is this a joke

I (Vilita) am thinking about bidding.

It most definitely won't be soon, however.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Vilita and Turori wrote:
Northwest Kalactin wrote:Like are you seriously gong to bid soon maybe or is this a joke

I (Vilita) am thinking about bidding.

It most definitely won't be soon, however.

Okay so not this Olympics though
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I