NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Olympic Games Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 am

Shofercia wrote:I'm curious - if we don't get the Summer Olympics, but someone experienced wants to host the Winter Olympics, can they still go ahead? If so, how will the numbering work, because currently the Fifth Winter Olympics Games precedes the Games of the Fifth Olympiad. Will we RP an incomplete Olympics and give it a number, or just have the Summer Olympics be one less than the Winter Olympics?

The only rule is that the next iteration of the winter Olympics must come after the next iteration of the summer Olympics.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Shofercia wrote:I'm curious - if we don't get the Summer Olympics, but someone experienced wants to host the Winter Olympics, can they still go ahead? If so, how will the numbering work, because currently the Fifth Winter Olympics Games precedes the Games of the Fifth Olympiad. Will we RP an incomplete Olympics and give it a number, or just have the Summer Olympics be one less than the Winter Olympics?

The only rule is that the next iteration of the winter Olympics must come after the next iteration of the summer Olympics.

So that means we can't have the Winter Olympics, unless we have the Summer Olympics, right?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 am

Yes. Per the Olympic Charter, which is linked in this thread's opening post, the Winter and Summer Games must alternate.

2. Events
2.1. Overview
The Olympic Council shall organize only two events, the Olympic Winter Games (Winter Olympics) and Games of the Olympiad (Summer Olympics). These shall be held in alternation, with the N Olympic Winter Games followed by the Games of the N Olympiad, and then the (N + 1) Olympic Winter Games. These two events are collectively termed Olympic Games.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am

There's going to be a Summer Olympics. I have a bid mostly ready to go except for changing a little bit of text on the logo. I'm just holding off on posting it for the moment since I'm aiming for a mid-December start. My plan right now is to post that bid around September 1st unless another capable bid comes forward in the next few weeks with an earlier timeframe.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am

Free Republics wrote:

There's going to be a Summer Olympics. I have a bid mostly ready to go except for changing a little bit of text on the logo. I'm just holding off on posting it for the moment since I'm aiming for a mid-December start. My plan right now is to post that bid around September 1st unless another capable bid comes forward in the next few weeks with an earlier timeframe.

Ooooh, can we have violent blood sports? Please?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Free Republics wrote:

Dont forget Christmas. You may find less participation because of the Jolly season.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Free Republics wrote:

Awesome!

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Free Republics wrote:

Ooooh, can we have violent blood sports? Please?

We have boxing and association football :P

Last edited by Shofercia on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:12 am

Free Republics wrote:There's going to be a Summer Olympics. I have a bid mostly ready to go except for changing a little bit of text on the logo. I'm just holding off on posting it for the moment since I'm aiming for a mid-December start. My plan right now is to post that bid around September 1st unless another capable bid comes forward in the next few weeks with an earlier timeframe.

I'm glad to hear that. There is one thing which is to get Commerce Heights to release the files to scorinate the new shooting format, and the updated weightlifting tiebreak rules - which certainly exist since they were used in the 12th Summer Olympics. We can in theory live with the London 2012 rules, but I did have these problems last year.

Ioudaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:
Free Republics wrote:

Dont forget Christmas. You may find less participation because of the Jolly season.

An early-December start might be better.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 am

/tag. I'm relatively new to NS Sports, and would like to get in on it.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:45 am

Please don't tag threads. They're considered spam as per the One Stop Rules Shop.

The Olympics won't be for a few months yet.

Ioudaia: It's entirely up to whoever is capable of hosting to determine a timeframe for their bid. I would suggest your comment was unhelpful. If FFR can do early December, he will. Otherwise I have full confidence in him bidding to whatever timeframe he wants to.
Слава Україні!

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:38 am

Republica, Republica District, Free Republics's bid for the Games of the XIII Olympiad
Logo created by Anglatia*

*Technically Anglatia created the logo for last year's bid so I've made a few minor changes to that logo.

The Republica Olympic Organizing Committee (ROOC) submits the following bid for the Games of the XIII Olympiad:

Host City

Republica, located in the Republica District, is the capital of the Federation of Free Republics. It is a vast city spanning 753.1 square miles and home to an estimated 19 million people yet it is still not the largest or the most heavily populated city in the Free Republics. The city is the home of the Federation government, including a legislative building the size of a gridiron stadium and a Consul's Mansion that towers over the rest of the city. Yet, Republica is also a popular business hub due to the almost complete absence of any local government, the functions of which are mostly taken on by the Federation Government. The city has excellent low-cost public transportation, subsidized by the Federation government and politically untouchable despite substantial outcry on the part of the public, and just about every amenity imaginable. The nearby military base (Fort Capital) is the only military base in the Free Republics that is shared by both the Army and the Air Force, both of which are always ready to defend against acts of terror at a moment's notice.

Host Nation

The Free Republics are a vast federation of Republics, spanning 3 continents, that pride themselves on being, from their perspective, the freest nation in the multiverse. In most of the Free Republics, you are free to do almost anything, so long as you have the money to pay your own way. Laws do very greatly between Republics, so be sure to read up on the local laws before entering a Republic. Republics are forbidden from restricting a number of basic freedoms, such as the absolute freedom of speech, the right to carry open or concealed firearms in public and the right to due process. Laws do exist against crimes such as theft and murder and there are laws against non-consensual assault, but one should keep in mind that the Free Republics defines consent in a broad manner. The Free Republics has faced political turmoil in recent years, with two administrations coming to power that ignored the federation's Constitution and violated many fundamental rights but under the leadership of Consul Nicholls, most of their laws were repealed and the Free Republics has since returned to relative normalcy. A heated election to replace Consul Nicholls is currently ongoing but regardless of the result will have no negative effects on the

The Free Republics are currently co-hosting World Cup 81. The Free Republics have also previously hosted a number of major international sporting events including the X Winter Olympics, two World Bowls, an additional World Cup, a Cup of Harmony, three editions of the Sporting World Cup, a World Baseball Classic, a World Cup of Hockey, an Independents Cup and a Rugby Union World Cup, among many others. The OOC user behind the Free Republics has hosted two other multi-sport events, the BoF, 3 additional WBCs, an additional WCoH, an IBC, a CR, a CE and many other tournaments.

Venues

In the interest of avoiding the kind of cost overruns that have bankrupted other Olympic host nations, ROOC proposes to primarily utilize existing venues for the Games of the XIII Olympiad. The Opening and Closing ceremonies would be conducted at the Gem of the Oceans Stadium, which has hosted many tournament finals and other major events over the years. For events that cannot fit in the Gem of the Oceans Stadium for space reasons, we would utilize other existing venues in the Republica region, a full list of which will be provided at a later time. Many of these venues will be existing college or high school venues that will be upgraded by ROOC to Olympic standards. We have even received permission to utilize our massive legislative building for various events. While there are no oceans near Republica, we propose the use of the nearby Lake Rydia, a massive 47,327 square mile lake located just 51 miles to the north of Republica, for events such as beach volleyball, swimming marathon, sailing, rowing and canoeing. Furthermore, we propose that the shooting events take place at the Fort Capital Shooting Range located at the nearby Fort Capital military base.

Timing

If my bid is selected, I will start the Games of the XIII Olympiad around the middle of December and it will conclude sometime in early to mid January, running for approximately one month. A more detailed schedule will be announced at a later time but no scorination of any kind will take place before the Opening Ceremony or after the Closing Ceremony.

Scorination/RP Bonus

The latest version of xkoranate, as of the opening ceremony, will be used for most events with exceptions including Baseball, Softball, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Those events will use Baseinator and Must10inator, which are scorinators designed by me to more realistically scorinate baseball and to support scorination using the Must-10 scoring system used for boxing and MMA. All boxing and MMA fights will be conducted using 3 rounds (except for women's boxing fights, which will utilize 4 two-minute rounds) which is in accordance with RL practice for Olympic boxing. Must10inator will be updated to support the tiebreak rules used in RL (i.e. the 3 judges vote for who they think won the fight). I will be creating a new scorinator for 3x3 basketball and will create new scorinators for other sports as needed.

For gridiron, I will use the modified version of SQIS that I created after World Bowl XXXI (with IFAF overtime rules). This version is an adjustment of my previous modification of SQIS for gridiron, which was designed to reduce the number of blowouts. For association football, I will utilize the modified version of SQIS that Legalese created for World Cup 68 and which was also used for World Cup 81. For field hockey, I will use Barunia's modified version of the standard scorinator that utilizes penalty shootouts as the only tiebreak (in accordance with the change in RL field hockey's tiebreak rules). For 7ball, I will utilize Drawkland's xkoranate file. For traditional pentathlon, I will use the scorinators for the 200m dash, javelin, discus, triple jump and wrestling. For squash, I will use the tennis scorinator modified for 5 sets, first to 11 points, win by 2 (i.e. exactly as proposed by Ceni two years ago). For cheerleading, dodgeball, eSports and performance wrestling, I will create suitable xkoranate files. I will be utilizing the auto racing option in xkoranate to scorinate horse racing, using the same settings that I've used for previous horse racing competitions. All scorinators and xkoranate sport files will be publicly released prior to the start of the Games of the XIII Olympiad. For golf, I will utilize settings very similar to a past RL US Open course in order to create an extremely challenging course. New files will also be created as needed in order to reflect current RL Olympic formats.

A min-max avoidance bonus (MMAB) will be used and will be weighted at 20 percent of the total RP bonus. The MMAB will be based upon the standard deviation of a delegation's skill modifiers (specifically the STDEV function of LibreOffice Calc which is likely identical to the Excel function of the same name), the size of the delegation and the average skill modifier of the delegation. If a delegation's average skill modifier is below 50, half of the difference between 50 and their average skill modifier will be subtracted from their delegation's STDEV (which means that a delegation of 150 entries with an average skill modifier of 40 will be awarded full MMAB for an STDEV of 35 or less). A list of maximum STDEVs to receive full MMAB appears below (the below list assumes an average skill modifier of 50):

1-20 entries: Full MMAB for any STDEV
21-50 entries: Full MMAB for STDEV of 40 or less
51-100 entries: Full MMAB for STDEV of 35 or less
101-250 entries: Full MMAB for STDEV of 30 or less
251-500 entries: Full MMAB for STDEV of 25 or less
501+ entries: Full MMAB for STDEV of 20 or less

The remaining 80% of the RP bonus will be split 30% current day, 30% last 3 days and 20% cumulative similar to what Electrum did at the last Winter Olympics. Each category will be scaled, with the top delegation in that category receiving full bonus for that category and others receiving a proportion of the full bonus. Roster bonus will be counted as part of the RP bonus for the first cutoff after they are posted. The host delegation will receive its MMAB per the same formula as every other delegation and the remaining 80% of the bonus will be equal to the highest total actually obtained for that day. This is done to simulate the home advantage effect that exists in the RL Olympics. Should I enter a puppet delegation, the puppet delegation will not receive any host bonus and would only be awarded a bonus if I actually RPed it. RP bonuses will be adjusted accordingly, via a spreadsheet, for Must10inator and Baseinator (and any other scorinators that aren't xkoranate).

Event List

The full base list and extended list except for women's 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol will be contested as medal events, with alterations to achieve full gender equality. Furthermore, several demonstration events will be put forward as part of this bid, including auto racing, women's baseball and men's softball (ROOC regards baseball and softball as separate sports due to our support for Stand Up to Sexism, an organization founded by our nation's National Baseball Team that supports gender equality in sports and in the broader society), caid (Gaelic football), camogie/hurling, chess, cheerleading, dodgeball, eSports, footy (Aussie rules football), gridiron, horse racing, korfball, lacrosse, netball, rugby league nines, sevenball, squash, traditional pentathlon, ultimate, underwater hockey, mixed martial arts (MMA) and performance wrestling (professional-style wrestling) and will be scorinated by me. Other demonstration events may be put forward and I will consider including them if there is sufficient interest. I also reserve the right to add additional demonstration events should I desire to do so.

AQUATICS
DIVING
Men’s 3 m Springboard (2)
Men’s 10 m Platform (2)
Men’s Synchronized 3 m Springboard (1 team of 2)
Men’s Synchronized 10 m Platform (1 team of 2)
Women’s 3 m Springboard (2)
Women’s 10 m Platform (2)
Women’s Synchronized 3 m Springboard (1 team of 2)
Women’s Synchronized 10 m Platform (1 team of 2)
SWIMMING
Men’s 50 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 100 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 200 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 400 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 800 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 1500 m Freestyle (2)
Men’s 100 m Backstroke (2)
Men’s 200 m Backstroke (2)
Men’s 100 m Breaststroke (2)
Men’s 200 m Breaststroke (2)
Men’s 100 m Butterfly (2)
Men’s 200 m Butterfly (2)
Men’s 200 m Individual Medley (2)
Men’s 400 m Individual Medley (2)
Men’s 4×100 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 4×200 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 4×100 m Medley Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 10 km Marathon (2)
Women’s 50 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 100 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 200 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 400 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 800 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 1500 m Freestyle (2)
Women’s 100 m Backstroke (2)
Women’s 200 m Backstroke (2)
Women’s 100 m Breaststroke (2)
Women’s 200 m Breaststroke (2)
Women’s 100 m Butterfly (2)
Women’s 200 m Butterfly (2)
Women’s 200 m Individual Medley (2)
Women’s 400 m Individual Medley (2)
Women’s 4×100 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 4×200 m Freestyle Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 4×100 m Medley Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 10 km Marathon (2)
Mixed 4×100 m Medley Relay (1 team of 4)
ARTISTIC SWIMMING
Men’s Duet (1 team of 2)
Men’s Team (1 team)
Women’s Duet (1 team of 2)
Women’s Team (1 team)
WATER POLO
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

ARCHERY
Men’s Individual (3)
Men’s Team (N/A1)
Women’s Individual (3)
Women’s Team (N/A1)
1. If an NOC enters three archers in an individual archery event, those archers also compete as a team in the corresponding team event.

ATHLETICS
Men’s 100 m (3)
Men’s 200 m (3)
Men’s 400 m (3)
Men’s 800 m (3)
Men’s 1500 m (3)
Men’s 5000 m (3)
Men’s 10000 m (3)
Men’s 110 m Hurdles (3)
Men’s 400 m Hurdles (3)
Men’s 3000 m Steeplechase (3)
Men’s 4×100 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s 4×400 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Men’s Marathon (3)
Men’s 20 km Walk (3)
Men’s 50 km Walk (3)
Men’s High Jump (3)
Men’s Pole Vault (3)
Men’s Long Jump (3)
Men’s Triple Jump (3)
Men’s Shot Put (3)
Men’s Discus Throw (3)
Men’s Hammer Throw (3)
Men’s Javelin Throw (3)
Men’s Decathlon (3)
Women’s 100 m (3)
Women’s 200 m (3)
Women’s 400 m (3)
Women’s 800 m (3)
Women’s 1500 m (3)
Women’s 5000 m (3)
Women’s 10000 m (3)
Women’s 100 m Hurdles (3)
Women’s 400 m Hurdles (3)
Women’s 3000 m Steeplechase (3)
Women’s 4×100 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s 4×400 m Relay (1 team of 4)
Women’s Marathon (3)
Women’s 20 km Walk (3)
Women’s 50 km Walk (3)
Women’s High Jump (3)
Women’s Pole Vault (3)
Women’s Long Jump (3)
Women’s Triple Jump (3)
Women’s Shot Put (3)
Women’s Discus Throw (3)
Women’s Hammer Throw (3)
Women’s Javelin Throw (3)
Women’s Heptathlon (3)
Mixed 4×400 m Relay (1 team of 4)

BADMINTON
Men’s Singles (2)
Men’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Women’s Singles (2)
Women’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Mixed Doubles (2 teams of 2)

BASKETBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)
Men’s 3x3 (1 team)
Women’s 3x3 (1 team)

BASEBALL-SOFTBALL
Men’s Baseball (1 team)
Women’s Softball (1 team)

BOXING
Men’s Light Flyweight (1)
Men’s Flyweight (1)
Men’s Bantamweight (1)
Men’s Lightweight (1)
Men’s Light Welterweight (1)
Men’s Welterweight (1)
Men’s Middleweight (1)
Men’s Light Heavyweight (1)
Men’s Heavyweight (1)
Men’s Super Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Light Flyweight (1)
Women’s Flyweight (1)
Women’s Bantamweight (1)
Women’s Lightweight (1)
Women’s Light Welterweight (1)
Women’s Welterweight (1)
Women’s Middleweight (1)
Women’s Light Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Super Heavyweight (1)

CANOE
SLALOM
Men’s C-1 (1)
Men’s K-1 (1)
Women’s C-1 (1)
Women’s K-1 (1)
SPRINT
Men’s C-1 200 m (1)
Men’s C-1 1000 m (1)
Men’s C-2 1000 m (1 team of 2)
Men’s K-1 200 m (1)
Men’s K-1 1000 m (1)
Men’s K-2 1000 m (1 team of 2)
Men’s K-4 1000 m (1 team of 4)
Women’s C-1 200 m (1)
Women’s C-1 500 m (1)
Women’s C-2 500 m (1 team of 2)
Women’s K-1 200 m (1)
Women’s K-1 500 m (1)
Women’s K-2 500 m (1 team of 2)
Women’s K-4 500 m (1 team of 4)

CYCLING
BMX
Men’s (3)
Women’s (3)
MOUNTAIN BIKING
Men’s (3)
Women’s (3)
ROAD
Men’s Road Race (5)
Men’s Time Trial (2)
Women’s Road Race (5)
Women’s Time Trial (2)
TRACK
Men’s Keirin (2)
Men’s Omnium (2)
Men’s Sprint (2)
Men’s Team Pursuit (1 team of 4)
Men’s Team Sprint (1 team of 3)
Men’s Madison (1 team of 2)
Women’s Keirin (2)
Women’s Omnium (2)
Women’s Sprint (2)
Women’s Team Pursuit (1 team of 4)
Women’s Team Sprint (1 team of 2)
Women’s Madison (1 team of 2)

EQUESTRIAN
DRESSAGE
Individual (4)
Team (N/A2)
EVENTING
Individual (4)
Team (N/A2)
JUMPING
Individual (4)
Team (N/A2)
2. If an NOC enters the maximum number of riders in an individual equestrian event, those riders also compete as a team in the corresponding team event. At a host's discretion, if an NOC enters three riders in individual dressage, those riders may also compete as a team in the team dressage event.

FENCING
Men’s Individual Épée (3)
Men’s Individual Foil (3)
Men’s Individual Sabre (3)
Men’s Team Épée (1 team of 3)
Men’s Team Foil (1 team of 3)
Men’s Team Sabre (1 team of 3)
Women’s Individual Épée (3)
Women’s Individual Foil (3)
Women’s Individual Sabre (3)
Women’s Team Épée (1 team of 3)
Women’s Team Foil (1 team of 3)
Women’s Team Sabre (1 team of 3)

FOOTBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

GOLF
Men’s Individual (3)
Women’s Individual (3)

GYMNASTICS
ARTISTIC3
Men’s Individual All-Around (N/A)
Men’s Team All-Around (N/A)
Men’s Floor Exercise (N/A)
Men’s Horizontal Bar (N/A)
Men’s Parallel Bars (N/A)
Men’s Pommel Horse (N/A)
Men’s Rings (N/A)
Men’s Vault (N/A)
Women’s Individual All-Around (N/A)
Women’s Team All-Around (N/A)
Women’s Balance Beam (N/A)
Women’s Floor Exercise (N/A)
Women’s Uneven Bars (N/A)
Women’s Vault (N/A)
RHYTHMIC
Men’s Individual (2)
Men’s Group (1 team)
Women’s Individual (2)
Women’s Group (1 team)
TRAMPOLINE
Men’s (2)
Women’s (2)
3. Each NOC is allowed to enter up to five men’s and five women’s gymnasts, who compete in a qualifying round to determine advancement to the various medal events. If an NOC enters five gymnasts in the men’s or women’s qualifying, they become eligible to qualify for the corresponding team all-around event.

HANDBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

HOCKEY
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

JUDO
Men’s 60 kg (1)
Men’s 66 kg (1)
Men’s 73 kg (1)
Men’s 81 kg (1)
Men’s 90 kg (1)
Men’s 100 kg (1)
Men’s Over 100 kg (1)
Women’s 48 kg (1)
Women’s 52 kg (1)
Women’s 57 kg (1)
Women’s 63 kg (1)
Women’s 70 kg (1)
Women’s 78 kg (1)
Women’s Over 78 kg (1)
Mixed Team (N/A)4

4. The judo mixed team event consists of teams of three male judoka (73kg, 90kg, over 90kg) and three female judoka (57kg, 70kg, over 70kg) who were entered in the individual competition.

KARATE
KATA
Men’s Individual (1)
Women’s Individual (1)
KUMITE
Men’s 67 kg (1)
Men’s 75 kg (1)
Men’s Over 84 kg (1)
Women’s 55 kg (1)
Women’s 68 kg (1)
Women’s Over 68 kg (1)

MODERN PENTATHLON
Men’s (2)
Women’s (2)

ROWING
Men’s Single Sculls (1)
Men’s Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Men’s Lightweight Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Men’s Quadruple Sculls (1 team of 4)
Men’s Coxless Pairs (1 team of 2)
Men’s Coxless Fours (1 team of 4)
Men’s Coxed Eights (1 team)
Women’s Single Sculls (1)
Women’s Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Women’s Lightweight Double Sculls (1 team of 2)
Women’s Quadruple Sculls (1 team of 4)
Women’s Coxless Pairs (1 team of 2)
Women’s Coxless Fours (1 team of 4)
Women’s Coxed Eights (1 team)

RUGBY SEVENS
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

SAILING5
Men’s One-Person Dinghy (1)
Men’s Two-Person Dinghy (1 team of 2)
Men’s Heavyweight Dinghy (1)
Men’s Windsurfer (1)
Men’s Skiff (1 team of 2)
Women’s One-Person Dinghy (1)
Women’s Two-Person Dinghy (1 team of 2)
Women’s Heavyweight Dinghy (1)
Women’s Windsurfer (1)
Women’s Skiff (1 team of 2)
Mixed Multihull (1 team of 2)
5. These event names avoid reference to specific equipment. IRL, the one-person dinghy is the Laser class for men and Laser Radial class for women, the skiff is the 49er class for men and the 49erFX class for women, the two-person dinghy is the 470 class, the heavyweight dinghy is the Finn class, the windsurfer is the RS:X class, and the mixed multihull class is the Nacra 17 Foiling class.

SHOOTING
Men’s 10 m Air Pistol (2)
Men’s 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol (2)
Men’s 10 m Air Rifle (2)
Men’s 50 m Rifle Three Positions (2)
Men’s Trap (2)
Men’s Skeet (2)
Women’s 10 m Air Pistol (2)
Women’s 25 m Pistol (2)
Women’s 10 m Air Rifle (2)
Women’s 50 m Rifle Three Positions (2)
Women’s Trap (2)
Women’s Skeet (2)
Mixed Pistol Team (1 team of 2)
Mixed Rifle Team (1 team of 2)
Mixed Trap Team (1 team of 2)

SKATEBOARDING
Men’s Park (2)
Men’s Street (2)
Women’s Park (2)
Women’s Street (2)

SPORT CLIMBING
Men’s Combined (2)
Women’s Combined (2)

SURFING
Men’s Shortboard (2)
Women’s Shortboard (2)

TABLE TENNIS
Men’s Singles (3)
Men’s Team (1 team of 3)
Women’s Singles (3)
Women’s Team (1 team of 3)
Mixed Doubles (1 team of 2)

TAEKWONDO
Men’s 58 kg (1)
Men’s 68 kg (1)
Men’s 80 kg (1)
Men’s Over 80 kg (1)
Women’s 49 kg (1)
Women’s 57 kg (1)
Women’s 67 kg (1)
Women’s Over 67 kg (1)

TENNIS
Men’s Singles (4)
Men’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Women’s Singles (4)
Women’s Doubles (2 teams of 2)
Mixed Doubles (2 teams of 2)

TRIATHLON
Men’s (3)
Women’s (3)
Mixed Team Relay (1 team of 4)

VOLLEYBALL
BEACH
Men’s (2 teams of 2)
Women’s (2 teams of 2)
INDOOR
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

WEIGHTLIFTING
Men’s 56 kg (2)
Men’s 62 kg (2)
Men’s 69 kg (2)
Men’s 77 kg (2)
Men’s 85 kg (2)
Men’s 94 kg (2)
Men’s 105 kg (2)
Men’s Over 105 kg (2)
Women’s 48 kg (2)
Women’s 53 kg (2)
Women’s 58 kg (2)
Women’s 63 kg (2)
Women’s 69 kg (2)
Women’s 75 kg (2)
Women’s Over 75 kg (2)

WRESTLING
FREESTYLE
Men’s 57 kg (1)
Men’s 65 kg (1)
Men’s 74 kg (1)
Men’s 86 kg (1)
Men’s 97 kg (1)
Men’s 125 kg (1)
Women’s 48 kg (1)
Women’s 53 kg (1)
Women’s 58 kg (1)
Women’s 63 kg (1)
Women’s 69 kg (1)
Women’s 75 kg (1)
GRECO-ROMAN
Men’s 59 kg (1)
Men’s 66 kg (1)
Men’s 75 kg (1)
Men’s 85 kg (1)
Men’s 98 kg (1)
Men’s 130 kg (1)
Women’s 48 kg (1)
Women’s 53 kg (1)
Women’s 58 kg (1)
Women’s 63 kg (1)
Women’s 69 kg (1)
Women’s 75 kg (1)

AUTO RACING
Men’s Open-Wheel (4)
Women’s Open-Wheel (4)

BASEBALL-SOFTBALL
Women’s Baseball (1 team)
Men’s Softball (1 team)

CAID
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

CAMOGIE-HURLING
Men’s Hurling (1 team)
Women’s Camogie (1 team)

CHEERLEADING
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

CHESS
Men’s (3)
Women’s (3)

DODGEBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

ESPORTS
Men’s Battle Royale (1 team)
Men’s Fighting (3)
Men’s First Person Shooter (1 team)
Men’s MOBA (1 team)
Men’s RTS (3)
Men’s Trading Card Game (3)
Men’s Vehicular Soccer (1 team)
Women’s Battle Royale (1 team)
Women’s Fighting (3)
Women’s First Person Shooter (1 team)
Women’s MOBA (1 team)
Women’s RTS (3)
Women’s Trading Card Game (3)
Women’s Vehicular Soccer (1 team)

FOOTY
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

GRIDIRON
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

HORSE RACING
2 Year Old Stallions (3)
2 Year Old Fillies (3)
3 Year Old Stallions (3)
3 Year Old Fillies (3)
4+ Year Old Stallions (3)
4+ Year Old Fillies (3)

KORFBALL
Mixed (1 team)

LACROSSE
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
Men’s Atomweight (1)
Men’s Strawweight (1)
Men’s Flyweight (1)
Men’s Bantamweight (1)
Men’s Featherweight (1)
Men’s Lightweight (1)
Men’s Welterweight (1)
Men’s Middleweight (1)
Men’s Light Heavyweight (1)
Men’s Heavyweight (1)
Men’s Super Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Atomweight (1)
Women’s Strawweight (1)
Women’s Flyweight (1)
Women’s Bantamweight (1)
Women’s Featherweight (1)
Women’s Lightweight (1)
Women’s Welterweight (1)
Women’s Middleweight (1)
Women’s Light Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Heavyweight (1)
Women’s Super Heavyweight (1)

NETBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

RUGBY LEAGUE NINES
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

SEVENBALL
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

SQUASH
Men’s Singles (3)
Women’s Singles (3)

TRADITIONAL PENTATHLON[/bold]
[b]Men’s
(2)
Women’s (2)

ULTIMATE
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

UNDERWATER HOCKEY
Men’s (1 team)
Women’s (1 team)

WRESTLING
PERFORMANCE
Men’s Singles (4 teams of 2)
Men’s Tag Team (2 teams of 4)
Women’s Singles (4 teams of 2)
Women’s Tag Team (2 teams of 4)

Signups

If this bid is selected by the Olympic Council, the signup thread will open shortly thereafter and will remain open until roughly 48 hours prior to the opening ceremony.

Only so-called "new-style" signups (ie. signups in the xkoranate input file format) will be accepted. The standard skill modifiers consisting of all whole numbers from 0 to 100 will be used, with the standard average skill limit of 50. To aid with the signup process, I will release a new Signup Creator program written in HTML and (client-side) Javascript. I will attempt to find free web hosting for it somewhere but it will also be made available for download, for the benefit of those who prefer to run it directly on their own computer.

The entry limit will be 800 entries and 2 delegations per user. The entry limit for a delegation will be the technical maximum. Demonstration event signups will count toward the entry limit. However, nations will not be able to utilize demonstration event entries to raise medal event entries above the average skill limit as the average skill of all medal event entries and the average skill of all entries, whether medal or demonstration, must be 50 or less. All puppet entries must be declared. Puppets will be treated as separate entities, for RP bonus purposes. Unified Teams, consisting of more than 1 nation/entity competing as a single delegation, will be treated as a single nation for RP bonus purposes, with RPs by any of their component entities counting toward their bonus. For the purposes of the medal table and team events, athletes from Unified Teams will be permitted to participate as a team even if they are from different nations.

I welcome questions and suggestions.

EDIT: Bid updated to include the new medal event list and reflect the changes previously mentioned in responses to questions. Underwater Hockey has been added as a demonstration event and Camogie/Hurling have been combined into a single demonstration event. Due to the inclusion of men's baseball and women's softball on the new extended list, they have been promoted to medal events.

EDIT 2: Removed Women's 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol from the list of shooting events to maintain gender balance as the Men's 50 m Pistol was removed from the new base list.
Last edited by Free Republics on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:09 am

The RP bonus will be weighted, with cumulative RP worth 30 percent of the bonus and the current day's RP worth 50 percent. Both the cumulative and daily bonuses will be scaled, relative to the highest scores obtained. The other 20 percent of the bonus will consist of a min-max avoidance bonus (MMAB) based upon the standard deviation of a delegation's skill modifiers. Therefore, whomever has the highest cumulative RP bonus will obtain .30 points of RP bonus for cumulative bonus (plus their daily bonus and signup/roster bonus), with everybody else being awarded cumulative bonus based on their cumulative score relative to the highest score. Likewise, whomever has the highest daily RP bonus score will be awarded .50 points of bonus for daily bonus (plus their cumulative bonus and signup/roster bonus), with everybody else's daily bonus being awarded based on their score for that day, relative to the highest score. Rosters and national information will count toward daily bonus for the matchday after they are posted and, therefore, also toward the cumulative bonus. The host delegation will receive an entire point of RP bonus for the entirety of the Games (conditional upon my team sports rosters being posted before the first scorination and my signup receiving a full MMAB). This is done to simulate the home advantage effect that exists in the RL Olympics. Host bonus will only apply to the Republican delegation and not to any additional delegation that I may elect to enter. RP bonuses will be adjusted accordingly, via a spreadsheet, for Must10inator and Baseinator.

This paragraph isn't easy to understand so I may be wrong, but it appears that the host delegation will always have a higher bonus by a large margin (42% higher) because it's impossible for anyone else to have a score of 0.7, but the host will always have a score of 1. I can't speak for what other hosts have done, but Vekaiyu and Kelssek did pretty well last year without having any such gap in the RP bonus - and our rule was that our bonus would be equal to the highest non-host.

Can I also ask how you intend to deal with the shooting and weightlifting format changes?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:46 am

That MMAB is pretty high, concerningly so.

I rp a nation (Velstrania) essentially populated by giants; naturally their is a pretty large disparity in its results for different sports. I understand that we need some degree of MMAB (I personally would like us not to have one but I know how outvoted I'd be), but this seems much too high. I'd prefer around 5 % to be the result of the MMAB.

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Savojarna » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:43 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:That MMAB is pretty high, concerningly so.

I rp a nation (Velstrania) essentially populated by giants; naturally their is a pretty large disparity in its results for different sports. I understand that we need some degree of MMAB (I personally would like us not to have one but I know how outvoted I'd be), but this seems much too high. I'd prefer around 5 % to be the result of the MMAB.

I think that MMAB was at 20% in all past Olympics I was in, even though I may be wrong.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Savojarna wrote:I think that MMAB was at 20% in all past Olympics I was in, even though I may be wrong.

Yes, this is correct - I believe MMAB has always been 20%, from the time Kytler instituted it through the last Olympics. Electrum and I definitely did a MMAB of 20%.

It certainly isn't out of line with past precedent. Considering that the community has pretty consistently voted for bids with a 20% MMAB, I'd venture saying that I'm not the only one who disagrees with you on this. With that being said, some hosts have made exceptions for nations with IC reasons behind min-maxing; I'm sure FFR will want to clarify his opinion on this point.

Kelssek wrote:This paragraph isn't easy to understand so I may be wrong, but it appears that the host delegation will always have a higher bonus by a large margin (42% higher) because it's impossible for anyone else to have a score of 0.7, but the host will always have a score of 1. I can't speak for what other hosts have done, but Vekaiyu and Kelssek did pretty well last year without having any such gap in the RP bonus - and our rule was that our bonus would be equal to the highest non-host.

Theoretically, there could be one nation who always had the best daily bonus (and, by extension, the best cumulative bonus), and a MMAB of 0.200, and therefore a total bonus of 1. But that's only in theory - in practice, I doubt anybody could write a wonderful RP for 20-some-odd-days of competition.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Impressive bid I am voting for it
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Northwest Kalactin wrote:Impressive bid I am voting for it

That's not particularly helpful. If you're going to say it's an "impressive bid", expand on it and tell us what's so impressive about it that's caught your eye. Otherwise it's needless, baseless praise. Not that I think FFR needs your validation.

Ceni wrote:
Savojarna wrote:I think that MMAB was at 20% in all past Olympics I was in, even though I may be wrong.

Yes, this is correct - I believe MMAB has always been 20%, from the time Kytler instituted it through the last Olympics. Electrum and I definitely did a MMAB of 20%.

It certainly isn't out of line with past precedent. Considering that the community has pretty consistently voted for bids with a 20% MMAB, I'd venture saying that I'm not the only one who disagrees with you on this. With that being said, some hosts have made exceptions for nations with IC reasons behind min-maxing; I'm sure FFR will want to clarify his opinion on this point.

Krytenia wanted to introduce it but withdrew the MMAB after an uproar, if I recall correctly. It wasn't Kytler, at any rate. I regret ever allowing the whole 'you can min-max if you justify it' thing.

Tbh if anyone wants to min-max, just go ahead and min-max. I can't see why anyone would complain they aren't getting a bonus for not doing the thing they'd get the bonus for.

Fully in favour of retaining 20 per cent MMAB. If anyone doesn't like it, they can run their own MMAB-free event.
Last edited by Liventia on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017

Postby South Covello » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Just an overly pedantic question - you say there are laws against "non-consensual assault." Is there any other kind? I feel like if it was consensual, it wouldn't be assault.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:46 pm

I thought I would hate MMAB prior to the Winter Olympics, given the theme of my nation, but it was not difficult to put a roster together and stay within it. In the long run, I actually liked it. It is very possible to create a roster the completely fits the IC style of your nation and stay within the bonus, I was proof of it with my last delegation. 20% is fair.

Now, I just gotta work on roleplaying more in the Olympics!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

South Covello
Envoy

Postby South Covello » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Kelssek wrote:
The RP bonus will be weighted, with cumulative RP worth 30 percent of the bonus and the current day's RP worth 50 percent. Both the cumulative and daily bonuses will be scaled, relative to the highest scores obtained. The other 20 percent of the bonus will consist of a min-max avoidance bonus (MMAB) based upon the standard deviation of a delegation's skill modifiers. Therefore, whomever has the highest cumulative RP bonus will obtain .30 points of RP bonus for cumulative bonus (plus their daily bonus and signup/roster bonus), with everybody else being awarded cumulative bonus based on their cumulative score relative to the highest score. Likewise, whomever has the highest daily RP bonus score will be awarded .50 points of bonus for daily bonus (plus their cumulative bonus and signup/roster bonus), with everybody else's daily bonus being awarded based on their score for that day, relative to the highest score. Rosters and national information will count toward daily bonus for the matchday after they are posted and, therefore, also toward the cumulative bonus. The host delegation will receive an entire point of RP bonus for the entirety of the Games (conditional upon my team sports rosters being posted before the first scorination and my signup receiving a full MMAB). This is done to simulate the home advantage effect that exists in the RL Olympics. Host bonus will only apply to the Republican delegation and not to any additional delegation that I may elect to enter. RP bonuses will be adjusted accordingly, via a spreadsheet, for Must10inator and Baseinator.

This paragraph isn't easy to understand so I may be wrong, but it appears that the host delegation will always have a higher bonus by a large margin (42% higher) because it's impossible for anyone else to have a score of 0.7, but the host will always have a score of 1. I can't speak for what other hosts have done, but Vekaiyu and Kelssek did pretty well last year without having any such gap in the RP bonus - and our rule was that our bonus would be equal to the highest non-host.

Can I also ask how you intend to deal with the shooting and weightlifting format changes?

My understanding of that paragraph is that if a single nation had both the highest score for that given day and the highest cumulative score, then for that one day they would have the max RP Bonus assuming their MMAB is within the guidelines. Although it's unlikely one nation would do this every day, given the same nations tend to consistently RP well, it's likely they'd have an RP Bonus pretty close to the max, at least on days when they RP.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:17 pm

FFR I like that you have so many demonstration events I with other Olympics would have alot
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:39 pm

With regard to MMAB, I don't believe that a min-maxing nation with a 0 MMAB is at a disadvantage in winning medals over a nation with a full MMAB so I don't think an MMAB exception for nations with IC reasons to min-max is appropriate. I chose to include MMAB in my bid because it has proven to greatly reduce the number of min-maxing nations in the past and I weighted it at 20% because every Olympics in recent memory (as far as I know) has done so. I do believe that it is unfair to apply MMAB to small delegations so I'll use the following method (proposed by me last year) to scale MMAB. I'm current undecided regarding whether or not to reduce the STDEV requirement for nations with skill averages below 50.

With regard to the distribution of bonus, after looking at Electrum's bid for the Winter Olympics, I like what Electrum did better than what I've done in the past so I'm going to change that part to 20% MMAB, 30% current day, 20% cumulative and 30% last 3 days.

As for the host bonus, I'll be changing that as well. My MMAB will be based on the standard MMAB formula. The remaining 80% of my bonus will be equal to the best score anybody else got on that 80% on that given day (so if Nation A gets .25 for current day, .3 for last 3 days and .15 for cumulative for a total of .7, Nation B gets .3 for current day, .2 for last 3 days and .1 for cumulative for a total of .6 and Nation C gets 0 for current day, .15 for last 3 days and .2 for cumulative for a total of .35 and Nation D gets .27 for current day, .28 for last 3 days and .19 for cumulative for a total of .74 which is the highest for that day, I'll get .74 plus my MMAB). If I enter a puppet, of course, my puppet will get its MMAB and whatever RP bonus it earns (which would almost certainly be 0 because you can't realistically host the Olympics and RP the Olympics simultaneously).

These changes will be edited into my bid.

Finally, I'll look into creating files for the new shooting and weightlifting unless they already exist and are publicly available. If I end up creating new files for them, I will post them along with the other xkoranates files and any updates to the other scorinators.

South Covello wrote:Just an overly pedantic question - you say there are laws against "non-consensual assault." Is there any other kind? I feel like if it was consensual, it wouldn't be assault.

Certain RL nations would disagree with that and state that consent is not a defense against assault.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:42 pm

I'm interested to know why you've included both Camogie and Hurling, when they're essentially the same sport. It seems a bit redundant. What's the reasoning behind the decision? Also, could you elaborate on what type of auto racing will be conducted?
Last edited by Darmen on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

South Covello
Envoy

Postby South Covello » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:16 am

How will performance-style wrestling be scorinated, considering the results are not supposed to be "real" IC-ly?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports