NATION

PASSWORD

The 42nd Baptism of Fire Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

The 42nd Baptism of Fire Everything Thread

Postby Legalese » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Welcome to the 42nd Baptism of Fire, hosted by the footballing associations of Erathore and Legalese! This tournament opens the 55th World Cup cycle, to be followed by World Cup Qualifying, The Cup of Harmony, and of course the 55th World Cup, hosted by Delaclava and Aguazul.

The Baptism of Fire is unique to the World Cup cycle for an important reason: it is a chance for the debutant nations to shine. Open only to national teams with no points in the Kaze Progressa-Bedistan Ranking System and no previous history of entry, the competition is a chance for the new sides to make their entry into the World Cup scene, and pick up some crucial KPB points for their first qualifying attempt. Consider that a side that goes undefeated in the BoF would immediately jump ahead of half of the teams with KPB points at this moment!* Even finishing with nine points (i.e., three wins, nine draws, or some combination in between) would help you jump ahead of a number of past competitiors.

Also unique to the Baptism of Fire is the importance of the RP bonus. In all other competitions, the RP bonus is one of two factors (the other being your KPB score) that affects your chances of winning. In the BoF, the RP score is the only modifier that helps you win. Those who contribute to the fun of the tournament with creative, original, and entertaining posts will have an advantage on their opposition, though be warned that Margaret always watches, and that randomness rules the day…

The 42nd Baptism of Fire will also bring with it a format that has only been used once before in a WCC event: Swiss-system, also known as Power pairing. After the first slate of fixtures, which shall be set by a random draw, matchdays two through six shall be set by the records of the teams involved. The summary version is: teams will be split into groups for pairing by points earned so far, and ranked by a series of tiebreakers; within each group the best team plays the worst, and so on (with one caveat: no rematches are allowed). The spoiler contains a more elaborate description:

After each matchday, teams shall be sorted in order of the points earned. Each team shall receive three points for a win, and one for a draw. All ties in order by points shall be sorted as follows:
1) Points earned by using only head-to-head matches, which may be used only if all teams considered for the tiebreaker have played each other.
2) Goal differential earned by using only head-to-head matches. See 1 for the only applicable use of this.
3) Strength of victory, to be calculated by taking the total points earned by all opponents the team has defeated, plus 1/3 of the points of all opponents they drew.
4) Strength of schedule – i.e., the total points earned by all opponents.
5) Goal differential
6) Current RP bonus (as of the most recent RP cutoff)
7) Coin flip, or some other acceptably random method if multiple teams are involved.

Any time a team distinguishes themselves above or below another team in a tiebreaker level, that team shall be placed accordingly, and the remaining teams will be sorted again from the top – that is, if head-to-head results are not possible to utilize at one point, but become possible after other teams are sorted, it will be utilized at that time.

After all teams are ranked 1-64, groupings are set based on the total points earned. The top group shall consist of the team with the most points, as well as all teams with the same number of points. If an odd number of teams exist in a group, the lowest (or only, in the case of a single-team group) team shall be merged into the next group down, with the process repeated until all groups have an even number (but not necessarily equal number) of teams.

Then within each group, teams are sorted so that the highest-ranked team in the group plays the lowest ranked team in the group, and so on. Matches are then checked to ensure that there are no rematches in the group stage; if any exist, then team swaps will be made with the nearest-ranked opponent to resolve any issues.

After the six matches of the Power Pairing Stage, the top eight teams, plus all teams tied in points with the eighth-place side, will advance to the Championship Stage. A single knockout round will be played to reduce the teams to eight, who will be paired up for the quarterfinals, semifinals, the third-place playoff, and the Baptism of Fire Championship. These matches will use conventional extra time and kicks from the mark if tied after regulation.

The Draw was held last night on IRC, and the first matchday will be scorinated on Tuesday, April 4. Scorination for matchdays 1, 3, 5, and likely all of the knockout rounds will occur after 9:00 PM EDT (UTC -4), or 1:00 AM UTC +0, with a window of three hours in effect sometime after that time. Matchups for the next matchday will be announced within an hour of the score posting, unless otherwise mentioned.

Posting a roster is strongly encouraged, and is scored as if it is an RP. To assist your opponent, please include the following information with the roster post:
Code: Select all
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y/N
Godmod scoring events Y/N
RP injuries to my players Y/N
Godmod injuries to my players Y/N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y/N
Hand out red cards to my players Y/N
Godmod other events Y/N

And now, the opening fixtures!

Kanadialand v. Ko-oren
Dimetrija v. Hakkland
Yavin 420 v. McKleigh
Wolfenium v. Altimarus
Chunnan v. Czechzenia
Clampo v. Zitru
Fuballo v. Jah Sensimilia
Ocel0t v. Raboso
North Chicanan v. Kandorith
Sarrbia v. Izarius
Sensimillastan v. Ketharnia
Green Jello Salad v. Daliusia
Espiañola v. Rumbipura
Khabarovsk Krai v. German zerabithea
Leyte Islands v. Kernansquillec
Ghanariar v. Justonia
Kaputrania v. -Bederich-
Seleucius v. Blasphematic Fools
Stachland v. Cheergirls
St Samuel v. Coffee Cakes
Astograth v. North Orus
Green Hexagon v. Whiteinch
Sarzoclava v. Albertasby
The Kangaroo Republic v. Bellof
Mercia-Northumbria v. Emanga
Cabric v. Traila
Mojojemima v. Northpolistan
Britcan v. The Kiaser Colonies
Pohjoisland v. Kellaxia
Polar Islandstates v. Andreass
Dandakia v. Starorentia
RenXasia v. Quakmybush
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

Whiteinch
Secretary

Founded: Mar 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiteinch » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Nick Gordon has chosen to surprisingly omit Ashwick United's Inchite legend Karl Banton and Hasleborough stopper Craig Bonnar from his squad for the 42nd Baptism of Fire which was announced in a press conference earlier. The exclusions from the 23 man squad are sure to cause some uproar as Gordon leads his side into major international football for the first time.

Bonnar has been seen by many to be the natural successor to former number one Scott Davidson, who retired from international football two years ago upon his move to Glassglen Shamrock. An indifferent season for the Badgers has seen Gordon plump for young Daniel Fitzpatrick of Fairfield Wanderers as his starting keeper - the 22 year old looking to replicate the stranglehold he had on the under-21 starter spot since his debut at that level. Jerred Bay Rovers' Darren Pollock has been called up as back-up.

Banton's exclusion comes as he pondered his retirement from football altogether, though Hockland Borough are set to launch an audacious bid to team him up with his brother Christopher. The 33 year old midfielder will likely be replaced in the heart of the squad by Luke Boon of Rivenmore County - a man who showed almost all the class of Banton as County won the Cup and finished third last season, in spite of being 13 years his junior.

Unsurprisingly the Brightwood midfield trio of Graham Henderson, Kieran McMillan and Grant Reilly have all made the squad after their stellar performances during Brightwood's title-winning season, as well as Ashwick United's superstar striker Kevin Gradwell. 'Grad the Impaler' chipped in 28 goals in all competitions in a somewhat disappointing season for the then-reigning champs. Leivern Town's aging poacher Wayne Jones is the man tipped to line up alongside Gradwell ahead of Warringpool's Gary Vernon and Jerred Bay Rovers' Neil Gow.

Three of shock-troops Cantergrove's back line have also made the squad, with left-back Craig Richards and centre-half Joe Harvey expected to start alongside Sam Fleming of Ashwick United at right-back and Curtis Mason of Rivenmore County also in the heart of defence. Harvey's fellow centre-half Aidan Wilkinson is also in the squad, as is right winger Mark Thorn and young forward Nathan Talbot. Experienced full-back Fleming is confirmed to have beaten clubmate Gradwell and winger Henderson for the captaincy.

Whiteinch's campaign will kick off against the fellow unknowns of Green Hexagon.

Shirts

(from left) Home Away Goalkeeper

ImageImageImage

Squad Information

Position - Name (Age, Team)
GK - Daniel Fitzpatrick (22, Fairfield Wanderers)
RB - Sam Fleming (27, Ashwick United, captain)
LB - Craig Richards (24, Cantergrove)
CB - Curtis Mason (25, Rivenmore County)
CB - Joe Harvey (23, Cantergrove)
RM - Graham Henderson (31, Brightwood)
LM - Kieran McMillan (24, Brightwood)
CM - Luke Boon (20, Rivenmore County)
CM - Grant Reilly (25, Brightwood)
ST - Kevin Gradwell (28, Ashwick United)
ST - Wayne Jones (32, Leivern Town)

Subs/Reserves:v
Goalkeeper - Darren Pollock (25, Jerred Bay Rovers).
Defence - Alex Cruse (29, Rivenmore County, RB), Paul Carberry (32, Ashwick United, LB), Aidan Wilkinson (30, Cantergrove, CB), Tommy Connolly (27, Fairfield Wanderers, CB).
Midfield - Mark Thorn (24, Cantergrove, RM), Leigh Roberts (22, Ashwick United, LM), Rob Thomas (27, Hasleborough, CM), Craig Buck (27, Mistborough City, CM).
Strikers - Neil Gow (21, Jerred Bay Rovers), Nathan Talbot (20, Cantergrove), Gary Vernon (28, Warringpool).

Formation - 442
Style Mod - +1

Code: Select all

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players N
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events Y

Quakmybush
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quakmybush » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 pm

ooc: lets see if i remember how to do this

The Daily Quak

They're Back!

Written By: Lincoln Bator

It has been nearly 12 years since the once powerful Quakmybush National Soccer Team has suited up for a match. Long gone are the glory days of Jon Fields and the Sharks, it is now time for a new era in Quakmybush Soccer. The Celts era. Gone are the days of qualification being easy, Quakmybush, once a perennial qualifier for the World Cup Proper must work their way back up the ranks and once again make a name for themselves. The Sharks, err excuse me, been a long while since I've written about our boys, the Celts will open up against RenXasia, a nation, similar to us, with no advantage in the soccer world.

Staring on the team is Jon Fields the 7th, the great-great-great-great grandson of former national team star Jon Fields. Fields is still the all time leading scorer in Quakmybush soccer history. The younger Fields is a star in Revena, playing for the Ruckus, a team constantly at the top of the table in the Quakmybush Premier League, he has been pegged for success since the age of 4 when he began to play soccer. There is two star forwards for the team, Matthew-David Sorley, and Declan Matthews, the two, both born in the costal port town of Xed City, have been best friends since meeting at a soccer academy at age 7 and have been passing to each other ever since. Look for them to find each other many times during the tournament. The Captain, and old guard on the team is Nathan Costanzo, the oldest starter on the team by 6 years. Still talented, he looks to lead the team to Baptism of Fire glory.

Below is the rest of the team, all of whom are making their national team debut. The action gets under way in two weeks time against RenXasia.

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (dont kill anyone)
Godmod injuries to my players Y (same as above)
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events Y

The Quakmybush Celts National Soccer Team
plays a 4-3-3 formation
with a -1 style modifier

All Players are making their national team debut
starters are bolded, age in brackets

Keepers
Matthias Nigellus (25)
Yakov Fox (29)
Scott Primo (34)

Defenders
Quinn Duff (21)
Gordan Niles (24)
Wallis Kerr (26)
Kam Driskoll (29)

Franklyn Rochus (31)
Stef Werther (17)
Cameron Bertram (34)

Midfielders
Jon Fields VII (19)
Magnus Caelan (23)
Siegmund Grahame (22)

Johann Werner (28)
Benjamin Jokum (35)
Nolan Norbert (33)

Forwards
Matthew-David Sorley (20)
Declan Matthews (20)
Nathan Costanzo (35) (Captain)

Jude Arvel (25)
Gunnar Kazmer (28)
Galen Natanaele (39)
Quakmybush
Qualified for World Cups 29-33, 35-41, Second Round in 32,33,39.
Champions of World Cup of Hockey 1, and 3
Hosted World Cup 33, World Cup of Hockey 2, and Women's World Cup 5

Jah Sensimilia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jah Sensimilia » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:51 pm

THE FREE LAND OF JAH SENSIMILIA - International Soccer Team Roster
:arrow: *International team's inaugural season*

Head Coach: Freddy Keagan
Asst. Coach: Aden Brady
Trainer: Dr. Nigel Frost

Formation: 1-3-1-2-1-2

Starting 11:
GK: 1 Mensah Toure

SW: 11 Charles Holden
RB: 9 Broderick Ramos
CB: 5 Hudsón
LB: 14 London Carlos

CDM: 7 Fernando Shevchenko
RM: 6 Edu Lo
LM: 4 Chase Bush
CAM: 10 Adonis Marley (Captain)

RS: 00 Jabari Greer
LS: 13 Emmett

Subs:
CDM: Justin Powers 8
Striker: Cammy Trey 23
Striker: Gordon Hemphill III 18
LM: Trent Legacy 99
CB: Alonzo Martinez 74

Reserve:
Midfielder: Isaiah Branch 2
Midfielder: Colten Bolt 22
Midfielder: Nesta Levy 21
Forward: Shawn O'Hare 19
CAM: Ygor Bucey 33
LB/CB: Jordan Pazik 47
SW/CB: Demarco DeSanchez-Coco 15
GK: Junior Francisco 66

Kits

Permissions
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Roleplay injuries to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y, 2 max
Godmod other events y

Green Hexagon
Secretary

Founded: May 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Green Hexagon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:11 am

The Green Times

It's literally a Baptism of Fire

Today the President of the BFA announced the nations first international tournament will be the 42nd Baptism of Fire. The President of the BFA, Toby While said this earlier today, "I have some good news, we have given you what you have wanted. For years there have been calls to enter a tournament, and now you have one. The Greens are going to the Baptism of Fire 42!"

Ex Yeedo FC player and now "Hex Sports" pundit, Jamie Burg had this to say about the announcement, "It's literally a Baptism of Fire, the Baptism of Fire. I've been to a few with the Hex Sports guys and it is a fast paced football frenzy." He then went on to comment on the team that has been announced, "Well they're strong, I've seen em all play but on the big stage in front of the world will these lads perform? I literally do not literally know. All I know is, look out for Johno, he's a very good player but he can be a bit of a liability. If he stays off the sauce he should be brill. Literally."

The team that has been selected to play in the BoF are the following,

Manager: Peter O'Neil

Goalkeepers:
Tommy Bosintch
Mark Hanrihan

Defenders:
Nigel Lauro
Part McGrath (c)
Henry Martys
Chris Trigg
Simon DeLord
Gary Parsons

Midfielders:
John Greenwhith
Den Menson
George Tishburn
Pete Arkus
Richy Kay
John "Johno" Johnson

Strikers:
Andy White
Stu Horns
Gray Watershed
Goran Cowans
Diego Hairwell

GH's first game is against the nation of Whiteinch, another nation who is making their first appearance on the international stage.

Thugs told not to travel
With the announcement of GH's involvement in the BoF the GH police force have removed over 170 passports from known football hooligans. This follows the last domestic football season, which saw crowd violence rise 30%. The police have also warned that thugs that may have slipped the passport net need not not travel to the tournament either, as anyone caught participating in football hooliganism will face jail time.

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events N

Bellof
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellof » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 am

BELLOFIAN NATIONAL TEAM
First Team in Bold

FORMATION:

4-2-4

GK- Paul Pietsch
GK- Hans Stuck

LB- Toni Ulmen
LB- Fritz Riess
CB- Theo Helfrich
RB- Willi Heeks
CB- Helmut Niedermayr

CM- Hubert Hahne
CM- Jan Flinterman
CM- Rolf Stommelen
CM- Adolf Brudes
CM- Hans Klenk

CF- Stefan Bellof
CF- Günther Bechem
CF- Michael Bartels

CF- Bernd Rosemayer
CF- Rudolf Krause
CF- Ernst Klodwig

RP Permissions

Select my scorers Y
Give out yellow cards to my players Y
Give out red cards to my players Y
RP injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries N
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events Y

Skill modifier. +3 if max is 3, +5 if max is 5
Last edited by Bellof on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:31 am

Kandorese National Team to step up

With the Kandorese entrance being official, for the Baptism of Fire, the Kandorese team will have a chance towards a first official world ranking.

We interviewed the head coach of the Kandorese Football Ascociation, but he had no comment and only insisted that the team would; "Do their best, to not dissapoint their fans."

Squad Captain, Sekozawa Hiroya had the following comment;

"It is a great honour to finally step up onto the national stage of our perhaps most beloved national sport, the squad is ready and so am I. The fans of 'Striking Yatagarasu' are going to see some spectacular football, even if we don't stand a chance against our oponent."

Yatá Hasebe, top scorer of the Kandorese National League had full confidence in a selection of fine matches.

"I am sure we will pound out a few goals here and there but, most of our oponents will be tough. We don't have any experience in the worldwide football world which, might be our disadvantage. Though when considering this and looking at the current squad, yes I say we are ready for international football and ready to be the icons of our nation's pride." According to Hasebe.

Kandorese National Team

Head Coach Tanaka Yatamo
Assistant Coach Maru Hitamago

Kit:
Home

Away

Formation

4-4-2 Attacking
Style Modifier: +1

GK
Masaki Imada

Def
Erizawa Mitsuharu CD
Kogo Takafumi RB
Okha Genichi CD
Kasai Sadahara LB/LWB

MF
Sekozawa Hiroya CF/AM (Captain)
Bokkai Akita CF/AM
Shimakaga Ichizo RM
Choshi Masaki LM
Mitsuya Rikyu CF

FW
Hasabe Yatá ST
Hayashida Dajuro ST

Reserves:

GK:
Seiji Sakabara
Shigemitsu Yamato

Def
Eguchi Atasuki LB
Tsumemasa Tsutomo CD
Nakae Toyaka RB/RWB
Tatemaka Masaki RLB

MF
Murakami Mitsuhare RW
Okha Eiichi LW
Imada Tageci AM
Kawashi Akira CF

FW
Fujiwara Iichi ST

Permissions:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events N
Last edited by Kandorith on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Dimetrija
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dimetrija » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:59 am

Dimetrijan Times

In to the fire

This years Baptism of Fire the 43 edition in its history will include our national team the Sailors this is the first time Dimetrija has participate in event of such a caliber lest all hope it will be a good start to the Sailors international career. One of or most successful strikers Peter Junoski had to say about our teams chances:

What would you say about the teams chances of wining a game are?
“Id say pretty good we have a quality team but it’s all a matter of how the perform on mach day”

What do you think of Janko Dimitrovski as a manager?
“He is a great choise for this position I played with him for a while in Dime FC he was a good player and I think he will be a fantastic manager”

Did you apply for the manager of position?
“No I never saw my self as a manager that’s why I became the trainer”

Here is the roster of The Sailors:
Manager: Janko Dimitrovski
Ass.Man: Dimce Frapovski
Trainer: Peter Junoski
Formation 4-4-2
GK: Dimitar Jankov (Cap.)

CB:Vlade Vlatkovski
CB:Jovo Janev
LB:Namce Boskovski
RB:Cance Rabev

LMD;Bosko Celevski
RMD:Zlatko Zovev
MD:Goran Gorkov
MD:Vasko Levkov

ST:Dame Tomev(Vice Cap.)
ST:Kole Kolkovski

Sub
GK:Jovce Zelev
CD/LB:Filip Velev
CD/RB:Orce Evrevski
MD:Nikola Kolevski
MD:Ratko Revev
ST:Zravko Velevski

What do you think of this squad?
“It’s defiantly the best side our nation has had in long time and I think they have a lot to offer”

What do you think of the jerseys the design is homage to the original kit?
“They picked the best design it’s stunning and colorful”

What do you think of the dissection to make this the first cup this nation has entered?
“Well I guess that were going to of the frying pan in to the fire”

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Hand out red cards to my players Y (just dont over do it )
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Dimetrija on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cabric
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Cabric's Roster for BoF 42

Postby Cabric » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 am

Cabric is a nation that has a human minority population. Most of the population is made up of Baeans, living crystalline entities. For some reason, The Baeans love soccer. Kinda weird for a crystalline based being, but if they want to play, then by all means, they are going to play. A few humans will join them, mostly to act as translators; but they are here to playand win the Baptism of Fire as well.

Style: +2
Foramtion: 3-3-2-2
Coach: Nathan Davis (Age: 34 yrs old)

Humans on the team will wear Blue kits with White trim for "home" games, White kits with Green trim for "away" games. The Baeans will be in their natural crystal color in every match. Note: Baean "males" usualy have names ending in either I or O, while Baean "females" usually have names ending in A or U. How Crystalline Entities know what thier sex is, and how they differentiate between the two, besides their names, is anyone's guess. Maybe you can find out for us?

STARTERS: (all Baean ages are appoximate)

GK: Eialio (age: 1467 yrs old) Crystal color: Light Green (pronunciation: eye-a-lo)
LD: Mike McCarthy (age: 18 yrs old)
Sweeper: Iona Yema (age: 17 yrs old)
RD: Uialea (age: 1273 yrs old) Crystal color: Dark Blue (pronounciation: you-a-lea)
Left mid: Eialsi (age: 1362 yrs old) Crystal color: Purple (pronounciation: eel-a-see)
Center mid: Jenna Spackler (age: 21 yrs old)
Right mid: Craig Fenswick (age: 17 yrs old)
Left wing: Asino (age: 1129 yrs old) Crystal color: Light Blue (pronounciation: a-see-know)
Right wing: Xavier Daniels (age: 19 yrs old)
Left forward: Oilansa (age: 1458 yrs old) Crystal color: Orange (pronounciation: oy-ill-an-sa)
Right forward: Oanau (age: 1356 yrs old) Crystal color: Dark Green (pronounciation: oh-an-oo)

RESERVES:
GK: Meghan Davies (age: 17 yrs old)
Def: Liania (age: 1378 yrs old) Crystal color: Clear (pronounciation: lee-an-ya)
Mid: Bethanny Hopkins (age: 18 yrs old)
Wing: Ialmdju (age: 1645 yrs old) Crystal color: Dark Red (pronounciation: eel-ma-de-jew)
Forward: Mike McRenyolds (age: 16 yrs old)

Choose my goalscorers YES
Godmod scoring events NO
RP injuries to my players YES (only to the humans, please)
Godmod injuries to my players NO
Hand out yellow cards to my players YES (no more than 1 per player/4 per match)
Hand out red cards to my players YES (no more than 1 per match)
Godmod other events NO

In this tourney, a swiss-style format will be used, meaning that after the first match, Cabric's fortunes are based solely on their performance. A win and they face better teams, a loss and they face lesser teams. Their first opponents will be Traila, afer that? Only Cabric's performance will tell.
Please attempt NOT to spell my name: CARBIC, CARBON, CRABIC or CARBRICK; and I will attempt to spell your name correctly. Wikipage

Albertasby
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertasby » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Y - with reason!
Godmod other events N

Lady Annabella looked at the folder that had been placed on her desk. It was the squads line up for the upcoming Baptism of Fire Competition; the country's first major football competition on the world stage.

Being the head of the Albertasbian Football Committee (the AFC) did have its advantages, most notably she had the power to choose the team that would represent her country at the games. She opened the folder slowly to reveal the squad that would be on the field:

Goalkeepers: Adam Bassendine, Adam Goodridge and Adam Stephenson.
Defenders: Alex Blair, Andy Campbell, Billy Kelly, Chris McArdle, Craig McIntosh and Duke Gilhespie.
Midfielders: Dominic Sutherland, Gareth Russell, George Maenami, Jack Proffit, Jack Thwaites and Jake Balfour.
Strikers: James Clyburn, James Dixon, Jamie Carter and Brad Pink

She smiled, it was a strong team made up of the best players in Albertasby but she knew that it would be a hard competition. Any of the teams could end up winning; it was all about luck. She turned the page to see the next sheet of paper in the report.

The following page outlays the proposed kits for the contest.
(Image)
Figure 1. The home and away kits.
(Image)
Figure 2. The goalkeeper's kit.

Figure 1, the kits of the main footballers on the pitch has been based from the colours of the Albertasbian flag and are therefore truly representative of Albertasby.
Figure 2, the goalkeeper's kit has been designed to make the keeper stand out from the team; with red being a complete contrast to the green and the white.

She liked the look of the kits, it pleased her to see such nicely designed and well finished off. She sat back in her chair, pleased with the results...
Last edited by Albertasby on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Alby // I'm a She

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:48 am

Sol Kirkkegaard has named another unchanged squad to enter the Baptism of Fire. The squad that plays here may not necessarily be the squad that plays in friendlies in between, and a decision will then be made on which players to take to the World Cup. Excitement is high in the nation, and optimism lurks below the surface that this team could make a decent positive impact following their Burchadinger and Market Cup campaigns.

UP THE TERNS!

Team Name: The Federation of Polar Islandstates
Country Shorthand Names: Polar, The Federation, The FPI
Citizens of The FPI are: Polarians

Team Nickname: The Terns
Official Supporters Group: The Twitchers

KIT COLOURS: - courtesy of Barrengeka Kits, Astograth:

NATIONAL SQUAD:					
Coach: Sol Kirkkegaard
Assistant: Morten Yarbin
Details
Number Name Position Club
1 Dmitri Karlsson GK Yuzhny Equinox FC
2 Sergey Makarov DR Resolute Storm 1913 FC
3 Maarten Berg DC SK Franz Josef City
4 Niko Marek DC Jan Mayen Islanders
5 Steffan Pekarik DL East Franz Athletic
6 Petter Bielsen MC Red Star Severny
7 Ole van Jendrisen AMC 1. Surtsey Island Gulls
8 Teemu Hansen MC SK Franz Josef City
9 Timo Skye ST SK Franz Josef City
10 Patrick Ackermann-Finn ST FC Axel Heiburg
11 Vladimir Golubev MC RSK Longyearbyen Town
12 Tim Skovgaard GK Lokomotiv Barentsberg
13 Mathias Marek GK Jan Mayen Islanders
14 Luc Demarchelier AMC FC Axel Heiburg
15 Tommi Kokkur MR Yuzhny Equinox FC
16 Vasily Kasanov ML East Franz Athletic
17 Henning Blonqvist ST East Franz Athletic
18 Alexsandr van Sorensen ST Jan Mayen Islanders
19 Petter Nikkel DR SK Franz Josef City
20 Patrik Lindegaard ST North Star Grímsey
21 Pol de Huyer DL Yuzhny Equinox FC
22 Aaron Hogg DC Novaya Sibir Reds
23 Anton McAllister DC Resolute Storm 1913 FC

Starting lineup:
----------------- Karlsson -------------
- Makarov -- Berg - Marek -- Pekarik -
---- Bielsen --- Golubev --- Hansen ----
------------- van Jendrisen -----------
--------Skye -- Ackermann-Finn ------

Modifier: +1.5

The opponent can...
Choose my goalscorers? Yes, Skye is the overwhelming talent up front though. Ackermann-Finn obviously comes second to Skye. And van Sorensen is a bit of a super-sub/young prodigy from the bench if a late goal takes your RP fancy.
Godmod scoring events? Yes
RP injuries to my players? Yes, within reason, and I reserve the right to change the severity in a follow-up RP
Godmod injuries to my players? Yes, as above
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes
Hand out red cards to my players? TG me first
Godmod other events? TG me first
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 am

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events Y

Starters:
GK: Liam O'Hare
DEF: Gary Sherridan
DEF: Jerry Wallaby
DEF: Andrew Gray
DEF: Ronan Jordan
MID: Simon Dunne
MID: Greg Jackson (Capt.)
MID: James Watson
ATT: Nomah Papakoi
ATT: Mefoko Papakoi (Vice Capt.)
ATT: Ricky Lamont

Subs:
GK: Conor Neville
GK: Daniel Beale
DEF: Cian O'Neill
DEF: Hakebo Sanuli
MID: Timmy Baines
MID: Muku Jahai
ATT: Edd Earls
ATT: Dan Masters

Kits
Last edited by The Kiaser Colonies on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Emagna
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emagna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:03 am

Emagna’s Football Association made official the list of the 23 players that will compete in the 42nd Baptism of Fire with their jersey numbers.

Gk:
1. Andrea Conti
13. Andrea Moscardi
23. Julien Andere

Def:
6. Sandro Santarelli
15. Horacio Barco
3. Jovan Dren
5. Gonzalo R. Ojea
2. Claudio Rambal
22. Diogo N. Buisel
16. Enrique Pinal
17. Fabio Delvecchio

Mid:
4. Mark Jones
8. Simone Antonozzi
7. Mirko Dapini
14. Aitor Etxandi
10. Ramiro F. Castro
11. Gonzalo da Silva Nascimento
20. Luca Gamberini

Fw:
18. Pablo de Almeida
19. Pietro Picchio
9. Bihar Arkarazo
21. Gerry Doherty
12. Laurent Remy

Coach Carlo Lorusso reading to the press the line-up for the first match against Mercia-Northumbria:
“Okay, our formation will be a versatile 4-4-2.
The goalkeeper will be Conti. He will also be our captain.
In defence will play: Ojea and Santarelli as the central defenders, Dren as the left-back and Rambal as the right-back.
Antonozzi will be the defensive midfielder and Castro the attacking midfielder.
Dapini, the left winger and Etxandi the right winger.
Picchio will play as the striker, helped by the forward Arkarazo. Picchio is the vice-captain.
Last minute changes are possible, but just following health problems.
Thank you”.

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (max 1)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (max 1)
Godmod other events Y
“The crisis consists precisely in the fact that the old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear.
The challenge of modern times is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned.”

Khabarovsk Krai
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khabarovsk Krai » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:23 am

Khabarovsk Krai National Team

Today, the Khabarovsk Krai Football Association released team details for the upcoming Baptism of Fire Match against German zerabithea. It was a predictable lineup with the omisson of defender Darnell van Die being the only real surprise. Riversburg FC Goalkeeper Karan Doest recieved his first call-up as did Attacking Midfielder George Nijeboer. Khabarovsk Krai will be hoping to secure a high placed finish after a number of strong pre-tournament showings.

FORMATION:4-2-2-2

GK- Tyrone Mennink*
GK- Karan Doest

LB- Theodore Luttikhuis*
LB- Aran Rouschop
CB- Niko van Dijkhuizen*
CB- Adjai Ekelmans
CB- Noë Rijpstra*
RB- Gijsbertus Jagtenberg
RB- Luca van Eekeren*

CDM- Jorrin Hoogenraad*
CDM- Huibrecht Verkroost*
CDM- Raphael de Veer
CAM- Renso van der Linde*
CAM- Kadir Meijnen
CAM- George Nijeboer*

LS- Guleed ten Hove
LS- Eppo Snepvangers*
RS- Martinus van der Zee*
RS- Abdennour van der Moolen

Starters are denoted by an *

RP Permissions

Select my scorers Y
Give out yellow cards to my players Y
Give out red cards to my players Y
Godmod injuries N
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events N

Skill modifier. +3 if max is 3, +5 if max is 5

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 am

Britcan Squad

Staff (4)

Manager - Albert Fraser(48)
Coach - Evan Jones(39)
Coach - Aaron Smith(40)
Doctor - Robert Adams(43)

GK (3)

#1 Matt Ravens (18)
Matt Ravens has great potential in the last few years he has gone from a unknown 14 year old playing at a local club to the newest signing of a top level club. Even though he is young and inexperienced he certainly has great potential and is looking to prove his worth as a goal keeper to the rest of the world. The team are fond of him and James Roberts thinks of him as an apprentice or a little brother.
Skill- A Fitness- A Experience- B Team Relatonship- A

#12 James Roberts (38)
James Roberts is the oldest player on the team and is nearing the end of his career but that doesn't mean he can't still show the younger players a thing or two. He is dedicated and has had years of experience but is no longer in his prime. He is regarded as a legend among the goalies but is somewhat overshadowed by Nick Hoston. The team look up to him, in paticular Matt Ravens.
Skill- B Fitness- C Experience- A Team Relatonship- A

#20 Cameron Archer (27)
Cameron is a new signing for Nordsgraken FC, the most northenly based team in Britcan. He has shown great skill, although he is slightly unpolished and not the best at set plays. The team have not got to know him yet and are thus unsure about him.
Skill- A Fitness- B Experience- C Team Relatonship- C

DEF (6)

#2 Steve Brown (24)
He has played for the national team for several years now and in that time he has proved to be a soild defender with has no real weakness. He is in his prime at the moment and is likely to cause plenty of problems for the enemy team.
Skill- B Fitness- A Experience- A Team Relatonship- B

#3 Mark Ryan (21)
He is the newest addition to the defence and thus a wildcard in the defence, it is not known what he is capable of doing. He recently made his first apperence and showed great skill with rock solid defending, this has won him the respect of the team.
Skill- A Fitness- B Experience- C Team Relatonship- B

#4 Neil Smith (26)
He has played for the team for several years and in that time he has earned a reputation of being almost unstopable in the air due to his incredible hight of 2.05m this also means that he can gain the advantge in tests of strength.
Skill- A Fitness- B Experience- B Team Relatonship- B

#5 Edward Pierce (31) (VC)
Edward Pierce is the vetran of the defenders, he is the glue that binds the defence together and makes it the force that it is, he organises the defenders with expert precision and his job is to make sure no opposing players get past. He is approaching retirement now but is still playing on.
Skill- B Fitness- C Experience- A Team Relatonship- A

#13 Grant Alderson (23)
He is a great defender and has been called 'a massive brick wall in the middle of the pitch' due to the fact he is almost imposibble to get past, however he is quite reckless and has been known to foul opposing players trying to get the ball. He recently got suspended for getting a red card and thus lost favor with the team.
Skill- B Fitness- B Experience- B Team Relatonship- C

#14 Miles Boyd (25)
Miles has played at club level for several years and has been improving all that time. A spot recently opened in the national team due to Alex Newman's retirement and he was offered the place. He is untested at a national level and may snap under the pressure.
Skill- A Fitness- A Experience- B Team Relatonship- B

MID (7)

#6 Joesph Crane (25)
Joesph is a Jack of all trades but master of none. He performs well in any situation and is rarely caught out. However he also has no paticular strong points so never seems to be the best at anything. He is however popular with the team and this gives him a big confidence boost.
Skill- B Fitness- B Experience- B Team Relatonship- A

#7 Nick Horston (34) (C)
Nick Horston is a legend, he has been in this team for 15 years and shows no sign of stopping, all the on the team look to him for guidence in any aspect of football or even life in general. He is the second oldest player on the team and this is slowing him down, he has poured his heart and soul into the team and is possibly the best Britcan player of all time.
Skill- A Fitness- B Experience- A Team Relatonship- A

#8 Ash Brian (26)
Ash has been described as the brains of the team, he analyises each play instantly and never seems to be caught off guard. This makes him a great asset to the team and a vital part of the midfielders. He is not the most athletic person on the team but his brains more than make up for that.
Skill- B Fitness- B Experience- A Team Relatonship- B

#9 Toby Holly (20)
Toby is small but lightning quick, he sprints with incredible speed from one end of the pitch to the other without even being out of breath. Unfortunately he his often at a disadvantage during tests of strength due to his size. He is very enerergetic and poular with the team.
Skill- B Fitness- A Experience- B Team Relatonship- A

#15 Joshua Paul (17)
Joshua is a young wildcard, he has performed well in his club games but is also very inexperienced. No one knows what surprises this young man will bring when he is thrown into a international tornament. He has not known the team for long and thus hasn't gained their trust yet.
Skill- B Fitness- A Experience- C Team Relatonship- C

#16 Sam Foster (22)
Sam Foster is a solid midfielder capable of going head to head with any player and come out with the ball, he is unfortunately let down by not having great stamina so he cannot run around for prolonged periods. He is, however, a very likable person and is popular with both the team and the fans.
Skill- B Fitness- C Experience-B Team Relatonship- A

#17 John Croft (29)
John Croft is an experienced player who has been a part of the team for a while now. He is able to see what the opponents are doing and swiftly stop it. He has been out of action recently due to a broken leg that is still on the mend so he is not full fit at this time. It is unknown if he will be able to compete in this tourament.
Skill-B Fitness- C Experience-A Team Relatonship-B

STR (4)

#10 Mike Rise (20)
Mike Rise is a simply amazing player who always seems to be making breaks towards goal, he is unpredictable and is sure to confuse the opposing team with fast runs and skilled dribbling. He has been playing football professionally since he was 16 and is very confident despite his young age.
Skill-A Fitness- A Experience- B Team Relatonship- B

#11 Evan Murphy (25)
Evan is Britcans star striker who is most well known for his excellent shot placement, he rarely misses the target and is sure to provide difficulties for the opposing team when he takes free kicks and penalties. He has been playing for the national team since he was 18 and at club level since he was 16 so he is very experienced.
Skill-A Fitness-B Experience-A Team Relatonship- B

#18 Lawrence Mann (27)
Lawrence Mann is the workhorse of the strikers, he constantly provides opportunities for goals and is never selfish with the ball. He often passes to other players in a superior position rather than take the shot himself but this does not mean he is a bad shooter by any means. He is very modest and is always trying to help other players rather than furthing his own career, this has made him very popular.
Skill-B Fitness-B Experience-A Team Relatonship- A

#19 Charlie Fisher (22)
Charlie Fisher is lightning fast and is always finding new ways to cause defenders trouble by runing to odd places and taking unpredictable routes. He can often appear to be in just the right place without defenders even seeing him go there. He is very hyper-active and is a likeable person.
Skill-B Fitness-A Experience-B Team Relatonship-A

Formation (4-4-2):

--------------Ravens--------------
---Brown----Ryan----Smith---Pierce--
---Crane--Horston----Brown---Holly--
-----------Rise------Murphy------

The Kit - Courtesy of Barrengeka Kits, Astograth:

Skill modifier:
+0.5

Choose my goalscorers: Yes, the players most likely to score are Mark Rise, Evan Murphy and Nick Horston.
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes but allow me to determine severity. (You can say they were substituted off.)
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes but keep it reasonable
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes if you get my permission via TG first.
Godmod other events: Yes if you get my permission via TG first.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

North Chicanan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby North Chicanan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Chicanan Daily Rabbler
National News And Gossip

Really, Again?
North Chicanan Expects Badness At Baptism Of Fire

Even Willingshire reporting

After two consecutive mini-tourneys with quarterfinal appearances and knowing that gridiron and hockey has made it to the big stage on the global stage, Damien O'Neill's young Hoops side is under just a tad amound of pressure to survive the Baptism of Fire.

Wait, we did this right?

Well yes, once a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, the old state of Chicanada lost to the Liamist States in the finals of the Baptism of Fire which featured a scandal since the Marmadukes had telepathy unbeknownst to the Kodiak side and saw the state's ports under the risk of fire from their Exodus region rivals. Now, North Chicanan has to be content dealing with the isolationist Mediterranean region and being the lone rep from the region in their return to major international football.

The club has no clue what to expect in Legalese, as a strange format for the tournament will be constantly dependent on winning rather than just the usual group play. The team will open against Kandorith, knowing they'll then be drawn against one of 31 other sides regardless of the results. We are hoping to see the side take on Quakmybush at some point, since we actually remember the team (usually through hockey...and maybe in the old Women's World Cup. Which is nice to see being discussed again in pretty much the same vein as it was when we started it: some were ok, others saw it as an affront to football) and it would be lovely to find a friendly rival we recall.

Since we don't know how the whole game will work, the casinos throughout the Coast District will not be offering general betting on the match. The national side does have 45/1 odds to win the tournament, with 1/35 odds to go winless in Swiss-league play. Betting seems to support Coffee Cakes, who have 3/2 odds right now. mind you, with the Elevens playing against Coffee Cakes in Test cricket starting tomorrow, it could be more of assuming both sides won't be paying attention to the bats but instead the feet. Other noted states have low bets as well, with Quakmybush sitting at 50/1 and Chunnan sitting further back at 150/1.

National Roster
National Coach: Damien O'Neill (47, former coach of Reds)
Assistants: Terrence Streetsen (35, assistant coach for Sussex), Derrik James (40, reserve coach for Transvaal Union)
Modifier: +2

GK: Yankee DeMit (Pietrsberg)
DF: Marc James (Sussex County)
DF: Denny Ullong (Borussia Victoria)
DF: Aston Floorence (Astur Depot)
MF: Ashley Miers (St. John's Athletic)
MD: Phoenix Longstreet (Transvaal Union)
MF: Presten Villani (Red Star Kinsington)
MF: Xavier Fjail (St. John's Greens)
MF: Florian Bronby (Astur City)
FW: Paul Owen (Astur City)
FW: James Pratt (Sussex County)

Formation is 3-5-2

Bench list:
GK: Samuel Westshore (Borussia Kalimund)
DF: Evan Lionskin (Orleans Cheifs)
DF: Damien Ford (Sussex County)
MD: Taggert Page (Sparta Hobarton)
MD: Darrin Kifor (Sussex County)
FW: Daren Hill (Astur Depot)
(ooc: you can do what ya want in the RP outside of injuries!)
Last edited by North Chicanan on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Espianola
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Espianola » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

The Espiañolan Football Association is pleased to announce that the roster for the upcoming 42nd Baptism of Fire.

Formation: 3-5-2

Style modifier: +2

Starters:

Goalkeeper
Saul Serrano
Number: 1
Position: Goalkeeper
Place of Birth: Santa Maria
Club: FC Santa Maria
Picture: http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images ... 126313.jpg

Defenders
Danilo Navarro
Number: 4
Position: Right back
Picture: http://u.goal.com/60200/60231_news.jpg

Santiago Romero
Number: 2
Position: Centre back
Place of Birth: Delgado
Club: Real Delgado
Picture: http://cdn.wn.com/pd/c9/88/588f782040ee ... grande.jpg

Cidro Gomez
Number: 12
Position: Left back
Place of Birth: Monte de la Vida
Picture: http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000 ... Q00115.JPG

Midfielders
Geraldo Inglesias
Number: 23
Position: Right centre midfielder
Place of Birth: Montresa
Picture: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mesu ... aDdRsl.jpg

Alfonso Ramirez
Number: 14
Position: Left centre midfielder
Place of Birth: Delgado
Picture: http://www.lfchistory.net/images/alonso.xabi/real.jpg

Hernando Gonzalez
Number: 7
Position: Right wing
Picture: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cris ... b9oUel.jpg

Franco Gil(c)
Number: 8
Position: Attacking midfielder
Picture: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Geta ... qzfayl.jpg

Pablo Jimenez
Number: 22
Position: Left wing
Place of Birth: Monte de la Vida
Picture: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ange ... GGrPFl.jpg

Forwards
Federico Ortega
Number: 5
Position: Right forward
Picture: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Fern ... f4Qsfl.jpg

Roberto Alvarez
Number: 20
Position: Left forward
Picture: http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/0/9/4/ ... Id=8366063

Subs:

#25: Lucio Munoz
#3: Rodolfo Diaz
#11: Gregorio Perez
#24: Miguel Fernandez
#9: Carlos Moreno

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: N

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

The Astograth National Football Team

Manager: Gartzen Treko - Age 75
Style: +1
Colours

------------------Aira------------------
-----Orbizo-----Erburu-----Mendiroz-----Karrikart-----
------Bordato--------Urrustoy---------Belarte------
----Bularte (C)----
-----Sarlange-----Ormache-----

Starting XI:
(Foreign clubs in italics)

GK - 1 - Zernin Aira - Age 23 - Sporting Iturributa – 15 caps
Stunning reflexes and aerial ability confirm Aira as the best keeper to come out of Astograth in years.

LB - 3 - Odon Karrikart - Age 23 - Ituraitz FC – 17 caps
Strong left-back from Ituraitz, good passing makes up for a lack of pace.

CB - 18 - Petrigai Mendiroz - Age 26 - Internazcionale Eliodoro – 21 caps

Highly concentrated and efficient, Mendiroz is a veritable rock in defense.

CB - 2 - Milian Erburu - Age 27 - Ituraitz FC – 20 caps, 1 goal
Undisputed center-back for Royal Cup champions Ituraitz FC, his tackling and anticipation are superb.

RB - 5 - Elatzar Orbizo - Age 27 - Sporting Iturributa – 17 caps

This man's speed and dribbling set him apart from most full-backs.

LM - 11 - Urgutz Belarte - Age 21 - Arskanskigrad United – 21 caps, 2 goals

A true wonderkid, he is a gifted dribbler who always looks to cross the ball for the strikers.

CM - 6 - Edorta Urrustoy - Age 33 – Juvapanam – 17 caps, 3 goals
An outstanding anchor man capable of shooting from range and heading, twice league champion and Player of the Year in Kagdazka and Pazhujebu.

RM - 20 - Egerdi Bordato - Age 26 - Ituraitz FC – 21 caps, 1 goal

Ituraitz' dead-ball specialist, he crosses the ball just as much as he cuts inside to shoot at goal.

AM - 8 - Estebe Bularte (C)- Age 30 - Iturributa United – 21 caps, 2 goals
The team's playmaker plays accurate throw balls and is good at shooting from long range.

LF - 9 - Soter Sarlange - Age 22 - Ituraitz FC – 16 caps, 9 goals

Accurate, fast, and a good header. The team's top goalscorer, he posseses a poacher's instinct that puts him head and shoulders above other strikers.

RF - 7 - Dei Ormache - Age 25 - Ituraitz FC – 22 caps, 3 goals
Though not very tall, his headers are deadly, and despite not being very fast he is the best dribbler on the team.

Substitutes:
GK - 13 - Cheru Larretape - Age 21 - Royal Rumiatzi – 2 caps
Already starting keeper for the league champions, Larretape is blessed with lightning-fast reflexes and an excelent sense of positioning, though issues with crosses and handling have him as backup to Zernin Aira.

GK - 23 - Lapurdi Abaitua - Age 26 - Ituraitz FC – Uncapped
First-choice goalie of the Cup-winners, Abaitua doesn't look to have many chances to start, but looks forward to earning a cap regardless.

LB - 14 - Yuango Mendiola - Age 27 – Iturributa United – Uncapped
One of the three surprise inclusions by manager Treko, Mendiola is the best defender from United.

CB - 5 - Silban Galindo - Age 31 - Royal Rumiatzi – 6 caps
Royal Rumiatzi's captain, Galindo has overcome Treko's youth bias with grit and skill.

CB - 16 - Ubelteso Adin - Age 22 - Echegoyan FC – Uncapped

One of the stars in Astograth's recent run in the Di Bradini Cup, Adin is one of modest outfit Echegoyan's finest players.

RB - 15 - Eneko Dorregaray - Age 26 - Urbizania Wanderers – 4 caps

A quiet, yet tough, wing-back from Wanderers.

LM - 17 - Laurgain Erlis - Age 32 - Ituraitz FC – 5 caps
Captain of Ituraitz FC, this man is highly experienced and talented.

CM - 22 - Garin Alea - Age 26 - Royal Rumiatzi – 10 caps

Resilient, ball-winning midfielder who looks to bring his teammates into play.

RM - 12 - Egoitz Malgor - Age 25 - Royal Rumiatzi – 6 caps

Not a big fan of crossing, Malgor prefers to cut inside and play short passes to lead up to the goal.

AM - 18 - Bayardo Morriyas - Age 31 - Royal Association – 9 caps, 1 goal

A loyal, committed player, Morriyas didn't abandon his beloved Association despite playing in the second tier last season. He brings a more attacking presence to the team, as opposed to Estebe Bularte's playmaking role.

F - 10 - Munio Baranzano - Age 26 - Iturributa United – 16 caps, 2 goals
A fast, tall striker from United, great at doing “dummy runs” which consist in dragging away defenders and leaving open space for his teammates.

F - 21 - Gaur Arambilet - Age 29 - Royal Rumiatzi – Uncapped
After a terrific season with Royal Rumiatzi, Arambilet is ready to debut for the national team. He is known for his precise, technical shots.

Captain: Estebe Bularte
Free Kick Taker: Egerdi Bordato
Penalty Taker: Dei Ormache
Right Corner: Urgutz Belarte
Left Corner: Egerdi Bordato

Choose my goalscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: YES
Roleplay injuries to my players: YES
Godmod injuries to my players: YES
Hand out yellow cards to my players: YES
Hand out red cards to my players: YES
Godmod other events: YES

Just keep it interesting and don't kill anybody.
Last edited by Astograth on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Orus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby North Orus » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm

The Oru Times
April 4, 2011

Finally, after several years of anticipation, North Orus has finally put together a football club, and this year, they're going to the 42nd Baptism of Fire! The sport of fooball has gradually become more and more popular over the years. The North Orus Whales will have a roster of mostly new players, but the head coach, Dmitri Henkov, has signed some expierienced players from other nations. Whales fans have become hot with "Tournament Fever", and they are ready to rumble!

Roster

Starters
ESFIR MAKAR (1) - Goal Keeper - 26 - An veteran player from Hatmandor and is known for his blocking abilities
FEDOT DEMYAN (23) - Centre Back - 21
DMITRI OVLAR (11) - Centre Back - 29 - A very good stealer with a power kick
IVON KHARITON (5) - Full-back - 32
LUKA MARTIN (31) - Full-Back - 29
MAXIM ANDREY (46) - Defensive Midfielder - 20
BORYA KARP (24) - Side Midfielder - 20
FOKA MATFEY (34) - Side Midfielder - 25
DMAR HALLIN (32) - Offensive Midfielder - 27
NESTOR PYOTR (29) - Centre Foward - 29 - Played for a club in Christantle and is one of the best on the team
VASKA STEPAN (3) - Centre Foward - 33

Substitutes
RODYA PETIA (2) - Goal Keeper - 27
MSTISLAV VARLAM (27) - Goal Keeper - 32
VADIK TIMUR (99) - Defense - 24
STANIMIR ANATOLI (25) - Defense - 36
ILARI KOSTYA (46) - Midfield - 23
DMITRI TOVLAR (50) - Midfield - 27
VENDEN KMITRI (37) - Attack - 28
AKIM MARK (38) - Attack - 30

Coaches
DMITRI HENKOV - Head coach
MATVEY LYOV
LAZAR KOLYA

FORMATION: 4-4-2
------------------------ MAKAR ------------------------
--- DEMYAN -- OVLAR -- KHARITON -- MARTIN ---
---- KARP --- ANDREY --- HALLIN --- MATFEY ----
------------- PYOTR ---------- STEPAN -------------

Uniform

(OOC: These are my first uniforms! I used paint so they are low quality.)

Choose my goalscorers? Yes
Godmod scoring events? No
RP injuries to my players? TG me
Godmod injuries to my players? No
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes
Hand out red cards to my players? TG me
Godmod other events? TG me

Ketharnia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ketharnia » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:41 pm

KETHARNIA EXPLORERS Step Up to World Stage!
Excerpt from the Concord Chronicle - Monday, April 4, 2011
By Caroline West

Ketharnia has finally stepped up to the international stage, and hopes to take the world by storm in our first major international sporting events; the Baptism of Fire and World Cup. By now, we all know the story of the Ketharnia Explorers. Their amazing effort and determination has led to this. Ketharnia is fielding a team that it's proud of.

Although the World Cup is the main event, most Ketharnians are of course looking forward to the Baptism of Fire Tournament. Newcomers from all around are competing, and it seems to be the best chance for Ketharnia to make their big debut.

"Oh yes, it's going to be tough," commented Coach Lawrence Green. "But it's nothing we can't handle. My boys have been out there every day. We're not gonna stop here. We've got a great shot at this."

Ketharnia has been abuzz with excitement, and that excitement will only grow as the tournament begins.

Head Coach: Lawrence Green, 41
Assistant Coach: Jonathan Langley, 38

Formation: 4-4-2 (Diamond)
Style Modifier: +1.5

#PositionNameAge
3GKTravis Colton26
11GKZachary Madst23
9DFArthur Connelly22
2DFWesley Hathaway23
17DFHerald Larsen25
8DFOliver Harrison25
20DFViktor Mason26
13DFEdward Kelly (C)29
16MFRichard Montague22
4MFCarson Wells20
7MFAnders Niemi19
1MFNicolas Svensson20
18MFEdwin Larsen30
9MFFerris De Wit28
6FWArthur Cox27
21FWCurtis Nilsen21
15FWDylan Huntley25

Starting Lineup

Goalkeeper – Colton
Center Forward – Cox
Center Forward – Huntley
Midfielder – Niemi
Midfielder– Larsen
Midfielder– Svensson
Midfielder– Montague
Full Back – Larsen
Full Back – Connelly
Center Back – Mason
Center Back – Kelly

Player Profile: Edward Kelly (Captain) (Defender)
Edward Kelly is a veteran to the team. He’s been on with the Ketharnia Explorers for nine years, and has been captain for two. He was born in Ketharnia’s capital of Concord and took an early interest in soccer. He played it throughout middle and high school, and was studying Liberal Arts at Concord University when he made the national team.

Player Profile: Travis Colton (Goalkeeper)
Travis Colton is a newer addition to the team. He’s been with the Explorers for four years, and just recently became starting goalkeeper after the former keeper’s retirement. His teammates commonly refer to him as the “Carbon Nanotube” due to his resilience. He has been playing since he was four, according to his older brother James.

Player Profile: Anders Niemi (Midfielder)
Anders Niemi is one of the newest additions to the Explorers. Striking from nowhere, Anders has come to be one of the most well-known figures of Ketharnian sports due to his dedication and shocking performances in his matches. Called “Rook” by his teammates, he is a force to be reckoned with out on the pitch.

Ketharnia's official team kit reflects their pride in their nation and shows off the three Ketharnian National Colors; Blue, Green, and Yellow.

My opponent, if they choose to roleplay first, may:

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
Roleplay injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes

Please stay within reason on all of these issues. Also note that my main goalscorers are Anders Niemi, Nicolas Svensson, and Arthur Cox. And please, don't overdo the red cards or injuries.
Last edited by Ketharnia on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ECONOMIC: Left/Right: -7.98
SOCIAL: Libertarian /Authoritarian: -6.21

Click here to listen to the Ketharnian National Anthem, Out Beyond the Horizon.
Quarterfinals, 42nd Baptism of Fire (third seed)

Seleucius
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seleucius » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Seleucius National Football Team

First Team Ever

Coach: Elias Varella (45 years old)

------------------Catti------------------

-----Lazzatti-----Mouzo-----Tesorinni-----Di Girolamo-----

-----Rattini-----Cherrini-----

----Estevez (C)----

------Palacios--------Marzoli---------Rojas------

Formation: 4-2-1-3
Style: +2

Players:
GK - 1 Orlando Catti (33 years old)
DR - 4 Hugo Lazzatti (28 years old)
DCR - 2 Alberto Mouzo (27 years old)
DCL - 3 Gabriel Tesorinni (32 years old)
DL - 6 Stefano Di Girolamo (25 years old)
MCR - 5 Hugo Rattini (23 years old)
MCL - 8 Javier Cherrini (21 years old)
AMC - 10 Roman Estevez (C) (27 years old)
WFR - 7 Silvio Palacios (23 years old)
CF - 9 Martin Marzoli (31 years old)
WFL - 11 Ángel Rojas (24 years old)

Subtitutes:
GK - 12 Roberto Mondaini (31 years old)
DC/DR - 13 Carlos Romani (23 years old)
DC/DL - 18 Nicolas Gattaro (28 years old)
MC - 14 Gonzalo Mazzola (22 years old)
AMC/WF - 16 Rodrigo Arismendi (26 years old)
SS/CF - 17 Fernando Gaona (24 years old)
CF - Gonzalo Esquellotto(26 years old)
DC - Claudio Chellay (28 years old)
MC - Marcelo García (28 years old)
MC/AMC - 20 Claudio Canizzia (20 years old)
CF - Fábian Taggliafico(22 years old)
WF - Federico Monzon (24 years old)

Kits:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Seleucius on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sarrbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrbia » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Sarrbia National Football Team

Nation: The Tropical Paradise of Sarrbia
Nickname: Islanders
Colors: Pink, Gold
Mascot: Sheila the Whale
Style Modifier: +3
Roster Size: 17 players
Formation: 4-2-4

Stadium: Fradell Field
Capacity: 76,000

Alternate Stadium: The Sun Dome
Capacty: 56,000

Manager: Heath McDaniels
Assistant Manager: Alana Wess
Goalkeeping Coach: Patroy Donovan
Defense Coach: Louis Buckleheimer
Midfield Coach: Susie Jackson
Striker Coach: Milo Madlambayan
Fitness Coach: Reipo Suzalubu

*Bold denotes starters*

GK-Merekassi Salazon
GK-Robert Fink

DF-Michael Gemino
DF-Lawrence Northland
DF-Katie Blake
DF-Rahul Dithri

DF-Bo Warrener
DF-Calvin McClidehill

MF-Saietha Quinceson
MF-Nomun Salud

MF-James Reyes

ST-Charlotte Thompson
ST-John Williamson
ST-Konnor Halfbrick
ST-Stacey Zanmill

ST-Felipe Oryoll
ST-Paul Douglas

In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:

Select my scorers (Y)
Give out yellow cards to my players (Y)
Give out red cards to my players (Y)
RP injuries to my players (N) TG for permission
Godmod injuries (N) TG for permission
Godmod scoring events (Y)
Godmod other events (Y)
Map of Sarrbia
Co-Founder and two-time host of the Beach Cup
Qualified for World Cup 56, 57

Starorentia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Starorentia » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm

+3.2 Modifier

Formation: 3-1-3-1-2
---------------TAMMAR0----------

-----TERZO----SERGIO----GIORGIO----

---------------SEVERIANO--------------

----RENATO----MASSIMO----LEONE----

--------------GIANMARCO--------------

-------GUERRA-------FABREGASSI-------

Choose my goalscorers Y I'd prefer if you would credit Fabregassi as he is my lovely little godmod player
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Yes so long as they ask me first
Godmod other events N

3-1-3-1-2
Goalkeepers:

1- Martin TAMMARO (Team: Starentina United) –VICE-CAPTAIN
Height: 196cm - Weight: 87kg – Age: 24 years old
Garrido has always been considered a very talented goalkeeper, so his rise to the National Team was extremely quick and not particularly surprising. He spent his early years at minor clubs before signing up with Starentina United and he hasn’t looked back yet. He is well mannered and popular with managers, players, and fans.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A- Morale: A - Form: A

12- Agusto AMANDO (Team: FC Arsenal)
Height: 192cm - Weight: 81kg – Age: 27 years old
The mildly psychotic goalkeeper gets his chance in the National Team. He has had a good career so far minus the fact he has a tendency to pick up red cards at a faster rate then most defenders. Amando is known for his eccentric behavior, his taunting dribbles and step-overs past opposing strikers, and most importantly, his remarkable reaction saves.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: C - Morale: A - Form: A

19- Vitale CURRO (Team: Ustbela)
Height: 189cm – Weight: 78kg – Age: 18 years old
Vitale Curro is another young player to be placed on the National Squad and, like the others, he is up to the task. He is a very devoted keep except for his inability to punch out the high balls. He prefers to catch them but he doesn’t always have that choice and it costs the game sometimes.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: B – Morale: B – Form: A

Right Defenders:

2- Silvio TERZO(Team: Levoro)
Height: 173cm – Weight: 66kg – Age: 22 years old
Terzo is one of the best defenders in Starorentia so it came as no surprise when he was called up. Extremely fast with excellent and creative passes, Silvio Terzo is as important at initiating a counterattack as he is as a defender. He won’t win any aerial battle awards soon, and can sometimes find it difficult to mark opponents. He makes up for this by having a great natural ability to block shots.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: B – Morale: B – Form: A

13- Andreas MARCHIO(Team: Real Miro)
Height: 174cm – Weight: 69kg – Age: 27 years old
Andreas Marchio is a player a multi role defender who can play both sides of the field and the center. He has good short-range passes but is not particularly accurate when it comes to the longer passes. He has great footwork but not the speed to back it up.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: A – Morale: B – Form: B

Left Defenders:

3- Ruggiero GIORGIO (Team: Asgard)
Height: 183cm - Weight: 79kg – Age: 28 years old
Ruggiero Giordio plays exactly as his name suggests. Rugged. Slide tackling is an art that he has mastered and performs every game. His passing is crisp, his dribbling is creative, and his defending is marvelous. Giorgio will not give up and keeps going and going and going.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A

14- Primo PANCRAZIO Amadore(Team: Starentia City)
Height: 184cm – Weight: 84kg – Age: 30 years old
A smart player, Amadore is a player that loves to go to the attack, and is good in dribbling and excellent at passing, being good at making assists too. One of his major flaws in game is his inability to hit the long ball accurately. Outside the pitch, he likes to party and bed a new women every week. This, although being good for his ego, has resulted in much of the team taking a negative approach to working with him.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: C – Morale: A – Form: A

Central Defenders:

4- Robinho SERGIO Marseto(Team: FC Arsenal)
Height: 181cm - Weight: 81kg – Age: 24 years old
Robinho Sergio Marseto isn’t the fastest defender, nor the most stylish with his footwork. He has good passing but nothing praiseworthy. And yet he is one of the best in Starorentia at protecting the goalkeeper at stopping the opposition’s attack.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A- Form: B

15- Bolivar ALFIERI (Team: Real Kak)
Height: 181cm - Weight: 78kg – Age: 35 years old
Bolivar Alfieri has been playing since he was naught but a toddler. He has played for 20 seasons with and against the best Starorentia can throw at him and this has resulted in a player that can handle all sorts of different scenarios. Excellent passing, both long and short, good speed, great ball control, passable slide tackling, and amazing standing tackles make up Alfieri.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A

Stoppers:

5- Ezequiel Natalio Abele SEVERIANO (Team: Salazar)- 3rd-CAPTAIN
Height: 178cm - Weight: 75kg – Age: 24 years old
Sevreriano has always been a fast and aggressive player. He can out sprint a forward and execute a brilliant tackle to regain the ball, then use his beautiful and creative footwork to get the ball past the same forward and to the midfield. His real weakness is that he doesn’t always give the ball to his midfield but often takes it to the other goal and lets loose a shot.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A

16- Enrique SEVE Samule (Team: Ustbela)
Height: 173cm – Weight: 73kg – Age: 19 years old
Seve is a promising player despite the fact that he only starts around half of the games for Ustbela. It is hoped that by placing him on the national team he will develop into a fine footballer capable of playing with the best of the best time after time.

Defensive Midfielders:

6- Cruz Che RENATO(Team: FC Arsenal)
Height: 171cm – Weight: 70kg – Age: 25 years old
Renato is tireless player who keeps going and going and going. Crisp, clean passes combined with his speed and wonderful tackling ability and his incredible stamina create a player who is absolutely valuable on the pitch, especially as a national team player.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: A – Form: A

17- BIAGINO Eustaquio (Team: Real Athlye)
Height: 179cm – Weight: 73kg – Age: 29 years old
Biagino Eustaquio has been playing for Real Athlye since the youth teams, and seems satisfied with his role as a substitute, as he often gets playing time for being a very trustworthy person and a good player. He is good at holding the ball and strictly following tactics, though he lacks creativity. Excellent at marking opponents and finding openings for long passes, he posses the ability to rapidly restart Athlye and Starorentia’s attack.

Neutral Midfielders:

7- Mariano Del MASSIMO (Team: FC Arsenal)
Height: 178cm – Weight: 78kg – Age: 21 years old
Massimo is a wonderful footballer. He is the glue that unites the offense and the defense. He is a physically strong player, fast, and creative in dribbling, good passing and strong shot power. He prefers to receive the ball from a defensive player, move it up the field, and then distribute it to an open teammate.

18- Eustaquio ARISTIDE (Team: Runore)
Height: 195cm – Weight: 84kg – Age: 26 years old
Aristide is a tall, intimidating presence on the field. Despite this he is surprisingly agile, weaving the ball over, under, and around the opposition. He is a constant ariel threat, though not so much on the ground as he has a tendency to blast the ball over the net. He also does this occasionally in his long passes to teammates.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: B

22- Christiano ROBININHO (Team: Starentia City)
Height: 185cm – Weight: 78kg – Age: 19 years old
Chistiano Ronbininho is a magnificent player in his young age. He is immensely creative in his dribbling and his creation of shot opportunities for himself and for his teammates. He is lightning fast and posses’ quick reflexes. His main weakness is his love for attention and his showboating. These two combine to make him take many unnecessary risks and overtly fancy moves.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: C – Morale: A – Form: A

Attacking Midfielders:

8- Cirino Leone GIANMARCO (Team: FC Arsenal)
Height: 182cm - Weight: 80kg – Age: 19 years old
Cirino Leone Gianmarco is the product of a child raised from infancy to be a football star. Starting when he could crawl he could be found with a football with him. This progressed as he joined the FC Arsenal Young Gun squad where he excelled with Arsenal senior squad and National squad teammate Francesc David Fabregassi. Fast, powerful, creative dribbling, and a strong shot come together to produce a real threat as a goalscorer and an assister.

11- LEONE Espiridión (Team: Starentia United)
Height: 175cm – Weight: 73kg – Age: 29 years old
Leone Espiridión is not the fastest or strongest player on the field, nor is he the best dribbler. His real strength comes from his ability to predict, with a scary success rate, what a defender will do, and when and where a teammate will make a run to. This results in him effortlessly passing an opponent and giving a through ball to a teammate who is just about to make a run.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: A – Form: B

21- Simon BERNARDINO (Team: Elimor United)
Height: 185cm – Weight: 78kg – Age: 22 years old
Simon Bernardino is a sort of highbred between Leone and Gianmarco. Relatively quick, good dribbling, and a strong player with a knack at giving good passes, Bernardino is a player loved both on and off the pitch by teammates, management, and fans.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: A

Attackers:

9- Erik Samuel GUERRA (Team: FC Arsenal) -CAPTAIN
Height: 177cm – Weight: 75kg – Age: 20 years old
Erik Samuel Guerra is a great asset to FC Arsenal and to the national team. What he lacks in speed he makes up for his strength, dribbling skill, powerful shots, and wondrous volleys. He played the beautiful game intermittently before being picked up by a prominent youth club. From here he was picked up by FC Arsenal where has excelled for 5 years.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A– Morale: A – Form: A

10- Francesc David FABREGASSI (Team: FC Arsenal)
Height: 177cm – Weight: 72kg – Age: 17 years old
The fact that that the 17 year old is on the National Team as a starter is a praise to his skill and power as a footballer. Francesc Lionel Fabregassi is credited with being the best footballer in Starorentia due to his speed, his dribbling, power, and accuracy. He is perfectly capable of getting the ball at half-field from a teammate, out dribbling opposing defenders as he races down the fields at impressive speeds, pulling a fake shot to send the keeper to the ground, then neatly lobbing it over his head for the goal. His knack for finding goals is amazing and it helps him atat FC Arsenal. He has been with the FC Arsenal squad since he was 16. Before that, from 10 years old to 16 he played for the FC Arsenal Young Gun Youth Squad. Whilst he was there he won the Starorentia Youth Squad National Championships all 6 years, being the highest goal scorer two times. At 17 years of age, his room for improvement, yes improvement, is frightening.

20- Lucifer Anati FABIANO (Team: Asgard)
Height: 192cm – Weight: 85kg – Age: 25 years old
Lucifer is a jack of all trades, master of none. He is not particularly strong in any area, nor is he weak. While this does lead to a well-balanced player it does not lead to a particularly powerful player. He is a very cheery player though and he has developed the habit of smiling at his opposition before he makes a move, which is an unfortunate telling signal that has taken away some opportunities for him to score.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: B – Morale: B – Form: B

23- Giovanni ALONSO (Team: Asgard)
Height: 185cm – Weight: 78kg – Age: 27 years old
Giovanni Alonso is a specialized player, the polar opposite of Lucifer Andrea Fabiano. This specialization is the long shot as he lacks the speed needed to break into the penalty box. He doesn’t have creative dribbling but he has perfected the fake shot, which he uses at the 18-yard to fake the keeper into going one way before blasting it into the net.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: B

Staff:

Coach: Marcello SCOLARI Lippi(FC Arsenal)
Height: 180cm – Weight: 80kg – Age: 54 years old
The expected coach of the National Team, as Marcello Scolari Lippi has won nearly all the titles as a player and coach at FC Arsenal Commanding an all-star team at FC Arsenal and also playing on one, he has done an exceptional job at winning titles, Cups, and tournaments, but never on an international stage. He is known as the best coach in Starorentia and is now in the driving seat of the National Team. Scolari is a serious person, cold and calculating. When in a game he doesn’t scream or cry at his players, rather he scribbles down notes and watches the game, shouting short and clear orders. His tactics are very fluid as he encourages versatility, creativity, and adaptability.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: A – Confidence: A

Assistant-Coach: Pique MARSETO(Asgard)
Height: 183cm – Weight: 81kg – Age: 51 years old
Pique Marseto is much the same as Scolari in terms of playing style but that’s where the similarities end. Where Scolari played at the prestigious FC Arsenal, Marseto played at the struggling Levoro. His coaching career started and has continued with Asgard, where he has transformed them from a poor team into the second best team in Starorentia. He is a calculating coach like Scolari, but he has a tendency to consistently shout out commands during a game.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Confidence: A

Captain: Guerra-Forward
Vice-Captain: Tammaro-Goalkeeper
3rd Captain-Severiano-Stopper
Free Kicks-Massimo-Neutral Midfielder
Right Corners-Gianmarco-Attacking Midfielder
Left Corners-Leone-Attacking Midfielder
Penalty Kicks-Fabregassi-Forward

ImageCampo Nacionale-250,000
Sporting stuff:
Nothing

Puppet of this nation.

Andreass
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Andreass » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 am

Name : Andreass National Team
Nickname : The Wonderboys

Roster :

GOALKEEPERS
1- Johann Friedrich GUNTHER (Monterrey Tigers) - VICE CAPTAIN - Penalty Taker
Height : 194 cm - Weight : 88 kg - Age : 28 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

The talented goalkeeper scored 17 clean sheets in the A-League, and is known for his aerial ability and for scoring from penalties. His charismatic goalkeeping and large physical appearance has earned him the nickname "Terminator".

12- Frank JACOB (Carinna Town) - (7 U21 caps)
Height : 184 cm - Weight : 82 kg - Age : 21 years old - Preferred Foot : Right
80- Louis FREMONT (Hamilton United)
Height : 187 cm - Weight : 85 kg - Age : 33 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

DEFENDERS
2- Ali RIANTO (Hamilton United) - CB, DMF
Height : 184 cm - Weight : 83 kg - Age : 26 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

This defender have a good technique and ball control and can be classified as a ball-playing defender. Usually become an extra attacker up front on dead ball situations. As a result, he scored 10 goals from 30 appearances in his club - staggering for a defender.

5- Nova AHMAD (Lokomotiv Ileum) CB, DMF - (7 U21 caps)
Height : 187 cm - Weight : 85 kg - Age : 22 years old - Preferred Foot : Left

He was in Andreass U-21 team, advancing to the quarter finals of 17th Di Bradini Cup and showing good defensive abilities. Because of that, he is now promoted to the senior team.

6- Charles RETTEL (Front de Regalia) L/RB, RMF - (7 U21 caps)
Height : 176 cm - Weight : 72 kg - Age : 21 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

He and his brother Valentin form a strong full-back partnership. He excelled at crossing, and he is an aggressive right back with his explosive pace and his tendency to go forward. Already a first team choice in Front de Regalia, he become the team's assist machine. Also from the U-21 team.

7- Valentin RETTEL (Hamilton United) L/RB, LMF, LW - (7 U21 caps)
Height : 177 cm - Weight : 77 kg - Age : 23 years old - Preferred Foot : Left

He along with his brother Charles form a strong full-back partnership. He has an explosive pace and is good in both attacking and defending. He is actually a super-sub in his club Hamilton United and can become an extra attacker when necessary. Also from the U-21 team.

3- Johann FRITZ (Sant-Antoinne) CB, L/RB
Height : 185 cm - Weight : 87 kg - Age : 21 years old - Preferred Foot : Right
18- Pyotr NABOKOV (Hamilton Marmadukes) CB
Height : 190 cm - Weight : 90 kg - Age : 23 years old - Preferred Foot : Left
22- Philippe FROU (Monterrey Tigers) LB, LMF, LW
Height : 182 cm - Weight : 79 kg - Age : 27 years old - Preferred Foot : Left
20- Muhammad IQBAL (Front de Regalia) RB, RMF
Height : 169 cm - Weight : 66 kg - Age : 25 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

MIDFIELDERS
17- Jorge VALENTINOV (Hamilton United) - DMF, CMF - (7 U21 caps)
Height : 189 cm - Weight : 88 kg - Age : 23 years old - Preferred Foot : Left

This defensive midfielder's physical ability is superb, and on top of that he excels very much at defending. Although he is quite slow, he utilize his ability to be a good holding midfielder. sweeping the enemy's passes and marking a player are his special abilities. Also from the U-21 team.

23- Darlin HAMKA (Hamilton United) - CMF, AMF - Second Free Kick Taker
Height : 180 cm - Weight : 78 kg - Age : 24 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

A prominent playmaker playing in Hamilton United, his ability exceeds his young age. His performances in Hamilton United is already exceptional, and his free-kicks can't be underestimated. He always become the center of the team's attacks, sending passes and also making chances of his own.

14- EKA (Strazza - Erathore) - CMF, AMF, RMF - CAPTAIN - Free Kick Taker, Corner Taker
Height : 158 cm - Weight : 56 kg - Age : 25 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

One of the only two players of Andreass playing abroad, he is a good playmaker able to provide chances and passes for the team. He is also known to have a great ability at taking freekicks.

77- PANDU Prayoga (Hamilton United) - CMF, L/RMF - (7 U21 caps, 3 goals)
Height : 179 cm - Weight : 75 kg - Age : 20 years old - Preferred Foot : Right
44- REZA Aditya (Hamilton Tornados) - CMF, AMF - (7 U21 caps, 1 goal)
Height : 174 cm - Weight : 69 kg - Age : 21 years old - Preferred Foot : Right
64- Friedrich SCHOLL (Monterrey Tigers)
Height : 183 cm - Weight : 81 kg - Age : 25 years old - Preferred Foot : Left

STRIKERS
9- Andri SOLOSSA (Monterrey Tigers) - ST, L/RW
Height : 173 cm - Weight : 68 kg - Age : 25 years old - Preferred Foot : Left

This short but explosive striker is very dangerous, with his high pace and acceleration as his trump card. His dribbling skill is also good, and that further complemented his great pace. But his weakness is in his finishing and his composure.

55- ERWIN Sutopo (Hamilton United) - ST, RW - Wonderkid - (7 U21 caps, 14 goals)
Height : 180 cm - Weight : 78 kg - Age : 19 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

Although he is very young and slightly lacking a good temper, he is already hailed as a wonderkid back in his home club. He is fast, has a powerful shot, and aerially able, although somewhat rash and reckless but his technical ability and his pace makes up for that. Also from the U-21 team.

10- KUNTO WIDODO (Juvilian Martinax - Erathore) - ST - Star Player
Height : 182 cm - Weight : 81 kg - Age : 24 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

One of the two first (and to date, only) Andreass players to play abroad. His records in his home country is nothing short of astonishing. Blessed with both speed and finishing ability, this deadly and flamboyant striker can prove to be the team's trump card.

11- Johnny REX (Hamilton Tornados) - ST, L/RW
Height : 170 cm - Weight : 66 kg - Age : 30 years old - Preferred Foot : Right
19- Ahmad SUBARDIO (Front de Regalia) - ST, LW
Height : 179 cm - Weight : 76 kg - Age : 25 years old - Preferred Foot : Left
28- Theodor NILSBACH (Lugdina Nova) ST - (1 U21 cap)
Height : 180 cm - Weight : 78 kg - Age : 20 years old - Preferred Foot : Right

MANAGER : Ilham Kuncoro (49 years old)
ASSISTANT MANAGER : Nizam Risdianto (41 years old)

Team Style : +3
Formation : 4-1-2-3
---------GUNTHER--------

V. RETTEL---------RIANTO-------AHMAD-------C. RETTEL

---------VALENTINOV--------
------EKA---------HAMKA----

ERWIN--------KUNTO WIDODO--------SOLOSSA

Preferred Substitutes :
12- Frank JACOB
3- Johann FRITZ
18- Pyotr NABOKOV
77- PANDU Prayoga
42- REZA Aditya
11- Johnny REX
28-Theodor NILSBACH

If my opponent RP first they may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers – Y
Godmod scoring events - Y
RP injuries to my players – Y (Within Reason and i decide how bad it is)
Godmod injuries to my players – N
Hand out yellow cards to my players – Y (Within Reason)
Hand out red cards to my players – Y (TG me for permission)
Godmod other events – Y (Within Reason)
Last edited by Andreass on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

The Andreass Factbook

Stachland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stachland » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 am

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events Y

*An asterisk denotes a professional club.
Bolding denotes starting players.

FORMATION: 4-4-2 Diamond
MODIFIER: +1.8

COACH
Theodore Czacki49 years oldChevronia Stars*
Theodore Czacki has a rich history of coaching winning teams—not only with the Chevronia Stars, but with the Brunside Arrows, the DiKalbe Thunder Devils, and the Falcons of East Chevronia University. Taken all together, he has won six championships, five with professional clubs and one in the collegiate national tournament.

GOALKEEPERS
07. Navering Pounchtal20 years oldAlossie Mountain State University
Navering Pounchtal is considered perhaps the greatest goalkeeper in Stachland collegiate history, leading his university, the Alossie Mountain State Ferrets, to two consecutive national championships, the first team to ever achieve that feat. Though he is only a junior and intends to remain at Alossie Mountain State for his senior year, Pounchtal is already committed to play for the Manju Island Kingfishers upon graduation.

29. Franklin Malachy18 years oldChevronia Central College
Franklin Malachy is an up and coming sensation in the Central Ten Conference, carrying his Chevronia Central Grey Penguins to a conference title and a fourth place finish in the Stachland Collegiate Athletic Association Class-A national tournament. He has been scouted by several professional clubs, but admits he is young and will probably need at least one more year to truly understand his goals in life.

DEFENDERS
09. Nigel Svirvsky25 years oldWolseley Mastodons*
Nigel Svirvsky is known best in Stachland for the role he has played in several controversial events, including the "Giving Clock Match" while he was playing for Saphata Independent University, and the "Bloody Tuesday Match" during his season spent with the Gotto Stingers. Despite this, and his rough style of play, Nigel's skill is often beyond criticism.

20. Juran Chueran21 years oldWest Chevronia State University
Juran Chueran was the primary catalyst for the West Chevronia State Wolf Pack's appearance in the 2010 collegiate national tournament's Round of Eight. With his defense, the team gave up only seventeen goals during the regular season, the third-lowest total in Stachland collegiate history. Juran is now being courted by several professional clubs, but is undecided as to where he wants to go with his career.

45. Rettar Goyal21 years oldBlue Island State University
Though his university as a team has never made it past the Second Round of the collegiate national tournament, Rettar Goyall is considered one of the country’s premier defenders, driven to excel like few others are. He was on the field for every minute of every game the Blue Island Whales played this most recent season.

55. Carter Monnedayle20 years oldBrunside University
Carter Monnedayle was a walk-on addition to the Brunside Predators team his freshman year, having never played the sport before. Now, with three years of experience under his belt, Carter is considered among the nation’s best, and has recently made an agreement with the Chevronia Capitals to play for that professional club following his collegiate career.

61. Mason Breckenridge18 years old Sasnak University
Over three years, the DiKalbe East High School club allowed only twenty-two goals, by far the least in the nation. A pair of defenders, one being Mason Breckenridge, were credited with this tremendous feat. Mason has been recruited by Sasnak University to revive their ailing program, which was once considered among the nation’s best.

89. Jon Silver18 years oldViscare College
The second half of the DiKalbe East High School defensive team, Jon Silver, was already famous as the son of esteemed player and coach Oliver Silver. Now, with a solid high school career behind him, Jon is interested in earning a reputation of his own at Viscare College, a school with a rich history of success in athletics.

06. Enver Tunak22 years oldBlondesbury University
Enver Tunak was the top recruiting prospect in the nation going into his freshman year, with offers of scholarships from dozens of universities and colleges before he finally settled upon Blondesbury University. He is often injured, having sat out five games last season due to various injuries, but nevertheless is a potent force on the field.

MIDFIELDERS
01. Everett Lang27 years oldChevrin Nova*
With eight years of professional experience, Everett Lang is the eldest and most seasoned member of the Stachland national team. Despite being considered one of the nation's premier midfielders, his club, the Chevrin Nova, has never won a title—they have lost in the championship match three years running, first to the Manju Island Kingfishers, then twice to the DiKalbe Thunder Devils.

77. Ratin Beenum22 years oldCoastal Chevrin University
Though the Coastal Chevrin Penguins have only had two winning seasons in Ratim Beenun's four years—and no titles to speak of—this is not through lack of effort on Ratim's part. Caring nothing for the personal physical toll, he is the most dedicated midfielder in collegiate play, aggressive on both ends of the field.

28. Jun Streat19 years oldWolseley Technical University
The Wolseley Tech Hornets are the undisputed masters of the Stachland Collegiate Athletics Association Class-B, winning four of the last five national championships and nine in the past twenty years. Though Jun is a recent addition to their lineup, he has proven himself to be among the greatest players the team has ever fielded.

03. Jamar Simmons21 years oldFuller University
As a sophomore, Jamar Simmons put together a remarkable season, leading the team in assists and helping the Fuller Red Atoms advance all the way to the national tournament's Round of Eight. Though he was injured for almost his entire junior year, Jamar has returned to form this season, and is more than prepared for international play.

84. Michael Esterhazy21 years oldWolseley Technical University
The second of the two Wolseley Tech Hornets on the national team's roster, Michael Esterhazy led the team in assists three years in a row, and was honored on the All-Stachlandic Team twice. He looks to have a promising professional career ahead of him, as he was drafted by the Gotto Stingers to fill the void left by the departure of their star midfielder Jon Duly.

91. Jerce Wolszan17 years oldVerown High School
Jerce Wolszan was added to the team so that he may gain valuable experience in international competition. Though he has just graduated from Verown High School, a prestigious institution located within the capital city of Chevronia, Jerce is already among the better midfielders in the country, and has been offered full-ride scholarships to several universities, including Wolseley Tech and Alossie Mountain State.

02. Perte Chellar20 years oldMonarch's Village University
Perte Chellar is the most accomplished player in the history of his school, Monarch's Village University. Though the Hound Dogs have not won any titles, the perennial cellar-dwellers have had three winning seasons in a row, at one point coming within a single game of a Capital Ten Conference Title. Perte is not committed to any professional team, though he is currently hearing offers from several.

59. Janus Chambliss24 years oldManju Island Kingfishers*
Janus Chambliss is often listed with Everett Lang as one of the nation's greatest midfielders. Though he was set to start for the national team in the Baptism of Fire, a late-season knee injury forced him into a period of gradual recovery. He will see play briefly as a substitute during the tournament, while hopefully returning to the starting lineup before World Cup Qualifying begins.

FORWARDS
12. Zachary Zeelowe20 years oldSasnak State University
Sasnak State University won the Stachland Collegiate Athletic Association Class-A national tournament in 2008, before the current Alossie Mountain State run, and it was in large part due to Zachary Zeelowe, who scored twice in Sasnak State's 2-0 upset victory over Alossie Mountain State in the semifinals. Zeelowe was named the tournament's most valuable player that year, and to this day remains a potent attacking force.

14. Lyle Verdak20 years oldAlossie Mountain State University
While Nevaring Pounchtal is considered the greatest player on the team, Lyle Verdak has played a critical role in Alossie Mountain State's recent successes. He is their second all-time leading goalscorer, and is fourth all-time in assists. With both strength and speed, Lyle has performed admirably for match after match.

52. Allan Butcher22 years oldDiKalbe Thunder Devils*
Allan Butcher played for the Suburban Coast College his freshman year before leaving the university early to play professionally with the DiKalbe Thunder Devils. Though he is one of the younger members of the team, Butcher has played a role in their two recent championships, winning the second with a dramatic tiebreaking goal with just seconds remaining in regulation.

68. Lucas Poldon19 years oldGurchar Mariners*
Lucas Poldon had his beginnings at Morthage High School, where he virtually singlehandedly led his high school to a state championship and a ranking of third in the nation. He was drafted by the Gurchar Mariners once he had completed his senior year, and passed up offers from several universities to become a professional. Now with two years of professional experience, Lucas is the lackluster Mariners' standout star.

22. Drutan Metis20 years oldLipachi College
With sheer determination, Drutan Metis has found a way into the highest echelons of the Stachland sports world. Though his Lipachi Bobcats have not finished above the .500 mark in their seven years of existence, Drutan is a truly exceptional player who has laid the foundation for a solid dynasty yet to be born.
Last edited by Stachland on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic: -9.12 | Social: -8.41

ROLEPLAY STATISTICS
Population: 86 million | Modern Technology
One Gold, five Silver, and four Bronze medals at the First Water World Championships.
Group runners-up and Round of 8 at Cup of Harmony 47.
Currently hosting the World Air Hockey Championships.

BronyTale

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports