NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2484
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:04 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:A little question for everyone: Who are the top three most popular foreign drivers in your country? Preferably excluding puppets, but you can put up separate lists with and without. Ours are Houston, then Qiang, then the Shark.


That's a tough one.

In North China, it's definitely Qiang, Tsering, and Li -- with Tsering being especially popular -- because they've been watching Beihua since NSSCRA 6. The Sherpa drivers' success and the TV broadcasts from Beihua are a big part of what sparked North Chinese interest in NSSCRA. Tsering is especially popular because in addition to having an interesting story about overcoming a disability, she's from Nanjing, a former Chinese capital that still holds historical and cultural significance for ethnic Chinese on both sides of the border.

Anybody with any sort of Chinese roots is going to be somewhat liked in North China as a matter of ethnic pride, so they were probably happy to see Zhe get a ride. But I'm not sure who their top three are excluding their own drivers and Sherpalanders.

In the Sherpa Empire, Frank Bronson is weirdly popular. Maybe him and Stacemiah.

There are some little pockets of enthusiastic support for other drivers -- e.g. people who root for the cocoabos because they're cute -- but you'll get some people who absolutely adore cocoabos and some people who hate them. Clarissa gets some of that too, where some people think she's neat, but other people don't like the idea of a robot racing in NSSCRA.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1515
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Maybe Bronson is popular because #8 is lucky for them.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

MAIN TIER: 3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)
SECOND TIER: 19 Pyotr Lavrentiev | 20 Daryl Calhoun (S10 Runner-up)


Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
NSSCRA 10

Bronze:
IBC 19

User avatar
Strike
Envoy
 
Posts: 201
Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Strike » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:I thought the last round of iROS came before the PG500, since it wasn't scorinated until then. Now I gotta fix that last RP I made.


I think its fine either way, I'm just talking about for the future. Who knows what the future will bring maybe someone else wants to scorinate it next time around and pick their own tracks, though it would be good to have a few that are constant from season to season

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1515
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Okay, cool. I put back the original RP. To be fair, putting VMCC as the finale is a good move, given its importance and the fact you masterminded this series.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

MAIN TIER: 3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)
SECOND TIER: 19 Pyotr Lavrentiev | 20 Daryl Calhoun (S10 Runner-up)


Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
NSSCRA 10

Bronze:
IBC 19

User avatar
Hapilopper
Diplomat
 
Posts: 724
Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hapilopper » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:06 am

In Hapilopper, the most popular international driver is Kai Qiang. In fact, during the buildup to the Super Skychief 500, across the street from the front gate of the Hapilopper National Exhibition grounds, a stand containing bootleg Qiang merchandise was rather popular. (And, yes, this is - or at least, was - common for NASCAR. I remember at the gas station across the street from the Atlanta Speedway's front gate, bootleg merch was sold quite regularly)

Other very popular drivers include Clarissa Alanis Star, Thea Alvarez and Shark Suzgar.
Last edited by Hapilopper on Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hapilopper: The home of TEAM BLUE and the winner of the 70th Baptism of Fire!
"Wait, is the IC culture of Hapilopper based off of those warnings on bottles of beer?" - Nova Anglicana
Made with pride in Atlantian Oceania.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10254
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:09 am

In Valentine Z, the most popular drivers there is are Thea Alvarez and Drake Stevenson. Chris Holmes do come third! :P

There is also Kai Qiang, Stacie Houston, Taylor Henderson, and the Valentians also have a pretty wholesome and dedicated fanclub for Cocoabo #28.

-----

Mercy Binayas is also mentioned now and then and the Valentians hoped that she would make bigger appearances because they love her name! Some of them wanted a comeback from Dinggu Wang, though they are aware of the series of factors that will need to come into play.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.


Photography Stuff.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 14
Valentijn Misgendered: 57
Valentijn now a She!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• As a wise man once said: 我等は砲兵 皇国の護り (We are Artillery Guardians of the Empire).
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63756
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:51 am

Kannap wrote:lol at none of the racecar designer websites I can find online having the right car shape lol.


So random questions.

1. Any recommendations on best way to create racecar designs for this?

2. How does having a driver entered into this work? Like, it looks like some kind of charter system but there are quite a few more drivers than there are charters, how's all that work out and what does that mean for new drivers?

3. Are there multiple series, like tiers? Thinking Sprint Cup series, Nationwide series (NASCAR, for example), etc. - or whatever they're called now, I haven't followed NASCAR in years.

4. Are drivers in teams, again like in the NASCAR sense, I suppose. Like teams themselves don't get points or aren't competing against each other but like drivers are part of teams that have the money to fund their racing? How many drivers would a team/nation be allowed to submit for the NSSCRA?

Sorry if any of these are dumb questions or the answers are already somewhere readable and I've not adequately looked for them.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
Filindostan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 970
Founded: Jun 24, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Filindostan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:57 am

Congrats to Valentine Z.

Anyway, just following up on my clarifications below. Thanks.

Filindostan wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:Noticed when read, but neglected to edit into the scorinator.
Going forward and learning from this, I'm going to ask nations to not go back and forth with alternate drivers or alternating charter movement. I think this is reasonable along the lines of the World Cup, where style mods are set with the roster, and at most, one change is allowed.

Thanks and noted on this moving forward. However I want to raise some points as to clear/close as much gray areas or loopholes as possible.

1. Does this mean that we cannot enter part-time entries next season (meaning entries other than the open charter hold) where drivers are planned to drive more than one race but not the full time schedule? I did this with Sunarya last season but eventually made the team compete full-time alternating drivers.

2. In case of one time driver change as pointed out by Sherpa, should the incoming driver drive a different car number from the one s/he replaced?

3. Should the open charter hold be only used on the races where it is actually assigned to them and we cannot enter this OCH as open/unchartered driver? I mentioned in multiple RPs that Binayas was to drive as an unchartered driver for the final race of the main series even at the very first RP yet she was even not in the qualifying result posted earlier before edit:
Filindostan wrote:...
The team will make a return in the NSSCRA as the #99 in the Yoggy Oval as the open charter hold for Mercy Binayas's NSSCRA debut, as well as an appearance as an unchartered entry at the last race of the season in Tundra Falls...

For the bolded part on your post, I'll discontinue with the practice next season as announced in my RPs.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

User avatar
Valentine Z
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10254
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 am

Kannap wrote:So random questions.

1. Any recommendations on best way to create racecar designs for this?

2. How does having a driver entered into this work? Like, it looks like some kind of charter system but there are quite a few more drivers than there are charters, how's all that work out and what does that mean for new drivers?

3. Are there multiple series, like tiers? Thinking Sprint Cup series, Nationwide series (NASCAR, for example), etc. - or whatever they're called now, I haven't followed NASCAR in years.

4. Are drivers in teams, again like in the NASCAR sense, I suppose. Like teams themselves don't get points or aren't competing against each other but like drivers are part of teams that have the money to fund their racing? How many drivers would a team/nation be allowed to submit for the NSSCRA?


Sorry if any of these are dumb questions or the answers are already somewhere readable and I've not adequately looked for them.

I can answer a bit for you if that is okay! Though of course, if anyone else with more experience answered, then I will defer to them. ^^

1) For the designs, I realise that looking at RL materials help. They don't have to look 1:1 like a NASCAR, and you can design them as best as you want. Only exceptions, AFAIK, are that there can be no RL companies, tires are mostly Tropicorp (at least, my car models are). I think the Vilaye Pole Award and NSSCRA logo must also be visible.

2) As far as I am concerned, you can enter up to 2 nations in the main series. I personally started off with a single nation and 3 drivers back in NSSCRA 8. 2 drivers will get guaranteed charter, then the third one will need to go for qualifications to make it into the race. Eventually, with more RP bonus racking up (or other nations CTE'ing, a combination of many), you will soon get a guaranteed charter for that third driver!

3) So far, NSSCRA 8 and 9 only have the main series, BUT there are domestic / smaller races here and there that other players have conducted. Sherpa's IRACT comes into mind. For NSSCRA 10, there is the main series alongside EverLong, and this is excluding the other-player-conducted races like I have mentioned.

4) AFAIK, there are no team bonuses being RP'ed into it. You can definitely sign your team up with another nation's team, or your own teams (have some internal conflict/drama here and there), but as far as I know, they don't count as separate bonus, and instead just RP bonus to consider upon scorination. Though for this one, I will definitely have to defer to Newmanistan and the others.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.


Photography Stuff.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 14
Valentijn Misgendered: 57
Valentijn now a She!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• As a wise man once said: 我等は砲兵 皇国の護り (We are Artillery Guardians of the Empire).
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Abanhfleft
Minister
 
Posts: 2695
Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:07 am

Well, first of all, congratulations to Anastasia/Valentine Z for winning NSSCRA 10. Of course we all know that this was won fair and square ICly but that won't stop some people (in Abanhfleft and maybe elsewhere) from questioning the results. Not even the Valentians growing bigger might dissuade them from their beliefs. It might even reinforce it for some! :p

As for popular foreign drivers, NSSCRA and stock car racing in general hasn't really caught on much yet in Abanhfleft so really we're an entire nation of bandwagoners. Kai Qiang was popular in NSSCRA 8 because he won the season before, Brooke got a lot of fans after winning NSSCRA 9 (although there was already a large following around the Yeezies), and now I suspect a lot of people are going to jump on the Anastasia Aye bandwagon. The Haps also got a fair few fans before and even after Gil did his thing.
Last edited by Abanhfleft on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2484
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:09 am

Kannap wrote:
Kannap wrote:lol at none of the racecar designer websites I can find online having the right car shape lol.


So random questions.

1. Any recommendations on best way to create racecar designs for this?


We usually have a few people willing to help, especially Kanye.

2. How does having a driver entered into this work? Like, it looks like some kind of charter system but there are quite a few more drivers than there are charters, how's all that work out and what does that mean for new drivers?


As a new nation, you usually get one charter and up to two unchartered entries in the main series.

I forget the set up for Everlong (2nd tier). It's new this season and I didn't have any drivers in it.

3. Are there multiple series, like tiers? Thinking Sprint Cup series, Nationwide series (NASCAR, for example), etc. - or whatever they're called now, I haven't followed NASCAR in years.


We had a main series and a 2nd tier this season. You can enter either one, or both.

4. Are drivers in teams, again like in the NASCAR sense, I suppose. Like teams themselves don't get points or aren't competing against each other but like drivers are part of teams that have the money to fund their racing? How many drivers would a team/nation be allowed to submit for the NSSCRA?


In the main series, you can have up to three drivers per nation. It's your choice if they are all on one team or if they represent multiple teams.

I forget about Everlong.

Valentine Z wrote:1) For the designs, I realise that looking at RL materials help. They don't have to look 1:1 like a NASCAR, and you can design them as best as you want. Only exceptions, AFAIK, are that there can be no RL companies, tires are mostly Tropicorp (at least, my car models are). I think the Vilaye Pole Award and NSSCRA logo must also be visible.


The Vilaye logo is definitely optional, but you won't be entered in the Vilaye Clash (a side event scorinated by Vilita) without it.

2) As far as I am concerned, you can enter up to 2 nations in the main series. I personally started off with a single nation and 3 drivers back in NSSCRA 8. 2 drivers will get guaranteed charter, then the third one will need to go for qualifications to make it into the race. Eventually, with more RP bonus racking up (or other nations CTE'ing, a combination of many), you will soon get a guaranteed charter for that third driver!


As a new player, Kannap wouldn't have a puppet their first season. Returning players with a proven track record of actually RPing their drivers can enter a puppet.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

User avatar
Valentine Z
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10254
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:19 am

Ahh, right. Thanks for the corrections, I appreciate that. ^^

Abanhfleft wrote:Well, first of all, congratulations to Anastasia/Valentine Z for winning NSSCRA 10. Of course we all know that this was won fair and square ICly but that won't stop some people (in Abanhfleft and maybe elsewhere) from questioning the results. Not even the Valentians growing bigger might dissuade them from their beliefs. It might even reinforce it for some! :p

As for popular foreign drivers, NSSCRA and stock car racing in general hasn't really caught on much yet in Abanhfleft so really we're an entire nation of bandwagoners. Kai Qiang was popular in NSSCRA 8 because he won the season before, Brooke got a lot of fans after winning NSSCRA 9 (although there was already a large following around the Yeezies), and now I suspect a lot of people are going to jump on the Anastasia Aye bandwagon. The Haps also got a fair few fans before and even after Gil did his thing.

Thank you! It's been a pleasure and fun to read your RPs too! ^^

NSSCRA 11: The Return of Archer-Anastasia Rivalry... ish... thingy. Stay tuned! :lol:
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.


Photography Stuff.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 14
Valentijn Misgendered: 57
Valentijn now a She!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• As a wise man once said: 我等は砲兵 皇国の護り (We are Artillery Guardians of the Empire).
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Hispinas
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Hispinas » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:39 am

Saint Kanye wrote:A little question for everyone: Who are the top three most popular foreign drivers in your country? Preferably excluding puppets, but you can put up separate lists with and without. Ours are Houston, then Qiang, then the Shark.


In Filindostan, Thea Alvarez is the most popular, as a result of her partnership with Descension/GWC campaign, has the cute looks that she could be #1 female driver among Filindo fans, and her name sound like a Filis one (Alvarez is a Hispanic name, which many RL Filipinos would have as their surname due to Spanish influence), followed by Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal, due to his tenacity and winning the race in the Yoggy earning him more fans, and probably Shark Suzgar, although Filindostanis would normally be too nationalistic and cheer for their hometown drivers.

In Aji No Moto, where no NSSCRA exposure has been made since season 6 but has television coverage, they tend to favor drivers who have been in the series since Season 6. That would be Jeremiah Brooke, Thea Alvarez, and Shark.

Hispinas does not even care with the series as it never touched down the shores of Hispinas and the utter failure of its teams to perform well.
fka Hispania y Filipinas (IC-ly estranged/retconned) | Sportswire | Under-18 WC 12 Champions
Rushmore | Capital: Mandrid | Trigram: HSP | Demonym: Hispino / Hispina / Hispinian

User avatar
TJUN-ia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 886
Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 am

Saint Kanye wrote:A little question for everyone: Who are the top three most popular foreign drivers in your country? Preferably excluding puppets, but you can put up separate lists with and without. Ours are Houston, then Qiang, then the Shark.


Hmm...certainly an interesting question you have there. (Congrats to Val Z of course)

TJUN-ia certainly loves a lot of the drivers out on the track, but I think the top 3 may be Qiang, Stevenson and Clarissa. I think. :)
3rd: ARWC3
4th: WBC50, IBC31
Quarterfinals: IAC9, ARWC1, RLWC19, IBC30, ARWC2, WB41, IAC12, 7WC6
Ro16: BoF71, CoH77, WBC49, IACX, IAC11, DBC49, WCoH42, DBC50
Other: Bowl Winners (AVBF6)
NSSCRA - Jaguar Racing: #07 Michael Stefan (2 Wins)/#64 Alfonso Mercado/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champion/3 T2 Wins)
WGPC: #11 Lane Carter/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar
NSTT: 3 Singles Titles (2 Runners-up)/1 Doubles Title (1 Runner-up)

UN - You all know what this is (U1)
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63756
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:35 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Kannap wrote:So random questions.

1. Any recommendations on best way to create racecar designs for this?

2. How does having a driver entered into this work? Like, it looks like some kind of charter system but there are quite a few more drivers than there are charters, how's all that work out and what does that mean for new drivers?

3. Are there multiple series, like tiers? Thinking Sprint Cup series, Nationwide series (NASCAR, for example), etc. - or whatever they're called now, I haven't followed NASCAR in years.

4. Are drivers in teams, again like in the NASCAR sense, I suppose. Like teams themselves don't get points or aren't competing against each other but like drivers are part of teams that have the money to fund their racing? How many drivers would a team/nation be allowed to submit for the NSSCRA?


Sorry if any of these are dumb questions or the answers are already somewhere readable and I've not adequately looked for them.

I can answer a bit for you if that is okay! Though of course, if anyone else with more experience answered, then I will defer to them. ^^

1) For the designs, I realise that looking at RL materials help. They don't have to look 1:1 like a NASCAR, and you can design them as best as you want. Only exceptions, AFAIK, are that there can be no RL companies, tires are mostly Tropicorp (at least, my car models are). I think the Vilaye Pole Award and NSSCRA logo must also be visible.


Yeah, I was going to go with Kannapian companies, for immersion of course. I was just wondering if there were good websites/programs or templates really utilized for such a thing.

Valentine Z wrote:2) As far as I am concerned, you can enter up to 2 nations in the main series. I personally started off with a single nation and 3 drivers back in NSSCRA 8. 2 drivers will get guaranteed charter, then the third one will need to go for qualifications to make it into the race. Eventually, with more RP bonus racking up (or other nations CTE'ing, a combination of many), you will soon get a guaranteed charter for that third driver!

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Kannap wrote:2. How does having a driver entered into this work? Like, it looks like some kind of charter system but there are quite a few more drivers than there are charters, how's all that work out and what does that mean for new drivers?


As a new nation, you usually get one charter and up to two unchartered entries in the main series.

I forget the set up for Everlong (2nd tier). It's new this season and I didn't have any drivers in it.
2) As far as I am concerned, you can enter up to 2 nations in the main series. I personally started off with a single nation and 3 drivers back in NSSCRA 8. 2 drivers will get guaranteed charter, then the third one will need to go for qualifications to make it into the race. Eventually, with more RP bonus racking up (or other nations CTE'ing, a combination of many), you will soon get a guaranteed charter for that third driver!


As a new player, Kannap wouldn't have a puppet their first season. Returning players with a proven track record of actually RPing their drivers can enter a puppet.

I'd only be entering Kannap for now, no worries there. Was thinking two or three drivers under the same team (for roleplay purposes).

Valentine Z wrote:4) AFAIK, there are no team bonuses being RP'ed into it. You can definitely sign your team up with another nation's team, or your own teams (have some internal conflict/drama here and there), but as far as I know, they don't count as separate bonus, and instead just RP bonus to consider upon scorination. Though for this one, I will definitely have to defer to Newmanistan and the others.


Sounds reasonable.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2484
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:20 am

A team of 2 or 3 Kannapian drivers with Kannapian sponsors sounds doable.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

User avatar
Cassadaigua
Senator
 
Posts: 4430
Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:37 am

Saint Kanye wrote:Wow. Five seasons of the Chase era, five winners from five countries. That's impressive, not gonna lie.

Once again, thanks to our host and everyone else who participated and thought up great plots to build upon and great characters to interact with. It's been quite a ride, pun intended. Looking forward to next season already, what with us trying to take back the title, and all the driver seat shuffles, and of course Stacemiah's baby on the way. Gotta pull up the Multiversal Cup Series proposal again (those officials did tell them to come back then, right?) as well as the request to have Jalton in iROS. I'm excited to make new cars, too.

A little question for everyone: Who are the top three most popular foreign drivers in your country? Preferably excluding puppets, but you can put up separate lists with and without. Ours are Houston, then Qiang, then the Shark.


Brooke, Taylor Henderson, and Lexi Patterson. Thea is also very well liked.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)


Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19 & 50; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, WVE (Vball) 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21. 3rd Place @ WC 86
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-86.
Games of the XIII Summer Olympiad: Second Most Medals
Hosted: World Cup 54, 67 & 84; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, Some NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

User avatar
Strike
Envoy
 
Posts: 201
Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Strike » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:40 am

Saint Kanye wrote:Wow. Five seasons of the Chase era, five winners from five countries.




6 if you count TJUN-ia

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 896
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:27 pm

I've only just now seen the final iROS results, and what a finale! Sad to see Goita lose out by so little but I'm proud he did so well and it's exciting that it was so close.

Vil and Newmanistan, if I wanted to rp about the final iROS race, would it be okay to post for that in this thread? Or should I just save it for the next time Goita's in a competition (most likely wgpc)?
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Saint Kanye
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1515
Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Kanye » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:26 pm

So according to you guys, Stacemiah, the Shark, and Big Blue are all popular. But the ultimate battle would be between Thea and Qiang.

Kannap: I'd be happy to hook you up with designs, just TG me with details once signups start. Also, is your country's name a reference to Kannapolis, where Dale Sr. and Jr. were born?

Fil: I imagine there'd be hardcore Alvarez Army members who have wild dreams of her joining BA Tim one day. :D

And you're right on her surname being Hispanic. She just doesn't look it because she takes more after her mother.
Glorious Free Republic Motorsports (NSSCRA)

MAIN TIER: 3 Sage Caldwell | 18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)
SECOND TIER: 19 Pyotr Lavrentiev | 20 Daryl Calhoun (S10 Runner-up)


Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
NSSCRA 10

Bronze:
IBC 19

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63756
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:54 am

Saint Kanye wrote:Kannap: I'd be happy to hook you up with designs, just TG me with details once signups start. Also, is your country's name a reference to Kannapolis, where Dale Sr. and Jr. were born?


My hometown as well, though I haven't lived there in a while. Shows how poor an imagination I had for my nation name in 2012.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10254
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 am

I wanna ask: Around how long will I have before the IC thread is locked or is considered a gravedig? ^^;

I obviously won't post again after a year or two :P , but I am hoping that I can still post within this week, or the next week. I have quite a backlog of other stuff I need to do, but I also want to write an epilogue.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.


Photography Stuff.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 14
Valentijn Misgendered: 57
Valentijn now a She!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• As a wise man once said: 我等は砲兵 皇国の護り (We are Artillery Guardians of the Empire).
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2484
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:36 am

Valentine Z wrote:I wanna ask: Around how long will I have before the IC thread is locked or is considered a gravedig? ^^;

I obviously won't post again after a year or two :P , but I am hoping that I can still post within this week, or the next week. I have quite a backlog of other stuff I need to do, but I also want to write an epilogue.


Threads don't get locked unless a mod has a reason to manually go in and lock it. If you're adding a relevant RP you can post any time you want.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

User avatar
Valentine Z
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10254
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:42 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I wanna ask: Around how long will I have before the IC thread is locked or is considered a gravedig? ^^;

I obviously won't post again after a year or two :P , but I am hoping that I can still post within this week, or the next week. I have quite a backlog of other stuff I need to do, but I also want to write an epilogue.


Threads don't get locked unless a mod has a reason to manually go in and lock it. If you're adding a relevant RP you can post any time you want.

That sounds like a plan, thanks! ♥


Photography Stuff.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 14
Valentijn Misgendered: 57
Valentijn now a She!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• As a wise man once said: 我等は砲兵 皇国の護り (We are Artillery Guardians of the Empire).
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Newmanistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5301
Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:14 am

So, what has been going on in the race shops across the multiverse? Excited to get the next season cranked up?

I am going to be opening signups soon, but before we start, I want to see if there any suggestions out there for the next season.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eraman, Garbelia, Krytenia, The Sarian

Advertisement

Remove ads