NATION

PASSWORD

Quidditch World Cup 10 :: Signups

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Taeshan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Taeshan Bid for Quidditch World Cup 10

The Quidditch Association of Taeshan (QAT) would like to invite you to the 10th World Cup. Taeshan is one of the most involved nations in the history of the Quidditch World Cup taking part in all 9 of the previous iterations of the Quidditch World Cup and has extensively set up the pitches around Taeshan in hopes of bringing the world's greatest wizarding game to the nation.

About Taeshan:

Taeshan has finished 2nd and 4th at the Quidditch World Cup and is immensely involved in the sport. The strict nature of keeping the wizarding world a secret from Muggles is taken very seriously in Taeshan. The World Cup would be hosted throughout Taeshan. Taeshan has one of the oldest leagues in the world for Quidditch with over 200 previous seasons. Some of the history of that league has been lost in the Great Snafu of Atlantea.

The user behind Taeshan has a solid hosting history. A Cup of Harmony, a Copa Rushmori, and a Sporting World Cup most recently. The user has hosted various leagues of his own over his 13 year history on NSSPORT.

Bid format:

The user would prefer to host in groups of 4. In any format the top 2 teams from each group would advance. No matter how many groups there are the format will run this way. Playoffs will be used if the format is over 32 and does not reach 64.

In formats where playoffs are needed seeding will be used with division between 1st seeds, and 2nd seeds. The teams will be ranked, and knockouts will proceed that way. Playoff round, and Round of Sixteen (or Round of 32 if numbers exceed 64) rematches will be avoided.

Scorination and RP Bonus:
The tournament will be scorinated with the most recent edition of MALFFR Quiddinator. Tiebreakers will be Points, H2H results, H2H point differential (among 3 teams or more), Points differential, points for, and then coin flip (simulated rematch with winner advancing).

In keeping with the tradition of the tournament no ranks will be used and rp bonus will be given heartily.

Timing:
I would hope to start this by mid May. Probably have a thread up, and dates set by the 13th of May. A wednesday.

Thanks.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Cup of Harmony 35, World Lacrosse Championship 2, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS)

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:38 pm

Original Champions: In.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Six-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

AO4LIFE

Gyatso-kai
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gyatso-kai » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Sign me up!
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Avatar Incarnate
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII
Qualified: Baptism of Fire 44 (Mangolana Quaterfinals), Cup of Harmony 50 (4th Place), World Cup 59-63, World Cup of Hockey XV-XXVI
Participant: World Women's Hockey Championship I (9th Place), World Cup of Hockey XVI, World Cups 57-63 Qualifying, Republic Cup I, Cup of Harmony 49
Rankings: 5th in Ice Hockey (Before WCoH 21), 22nd in Association Football (after WC 64)
ATLANTIAN OCEANIA

Ko-oren
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:09 pm

In!
Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Sports Domestic Sports Newswires - RPable People - Info Factbook Storefronts Loro Language Schools - Goliæth Sports Café - Call for bids!
Champions 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 2x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 1x T20 WC - 3x RUWC - 1x RLWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 2x World Bowl - 4x IBC - 1x AOHC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 2x RUWC - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Hosts 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 1x T20 WC - 1x RUWC - 1x FHWC

Delaclava
Senator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008

Postby Delaclava » Sun May 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Taeshan's bid has been up for about a week now - are there any other potential suitors, or is it perhaps time to move forward with a vote?

Havynwilde
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 21, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Havynwilde » Sun May 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Havynwilde wrote:The deadline for host submission is 12am, May 10, two weeks from now.
Sportswire :: Factbook
::
FWC President :: FFI Organizer

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013

Postby Jeckland » Mon May 04, 2020 4:12 am

Havynwilde wrote:
Havynwilde wrote:The deadline for host submission is 12am, May 10, two weeks from now.

With respect, it seems a little unnecessary to have the bidding process open for this long, then have a voting process that will also take some time. All this is likely to do is make this tournament run at the same time as World Cup Qualifiers and make people far less likely to RP.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35

Havynwilde
Spokesperson

Postby Havynwilde » Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 pm

There is no need to take away from giving someone else a chance to bid because a bid is up it is customary to give people a decent time to drop a bid or sum, I’ll stick to the guidelines that were used as ap renters for hosting the previous two renditions

Delaclava
Senator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008

Postby Delaclava » Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Havynwilde wrote:There is no need to take away from giving someone else a chance to bid because a bid is up it is customary to give people a decent time to drop a bid or sum, I’ll stick to the guidelines that were used as ap renters for hosting the previous two renditions

While I can respect abiding by the precedent, we don't have to be forced into it if it doesn't make sense. This isn't a WCC tournament, which has higher popularity and more complicated structures. This is a pretty niche sport with a finite number of interested NSSport players, and hosting this magnitude of tournament is pretty straightforward. Maybe someone will decide last minute to throw their hat in the ring, but it's fair to assume that no one except Taeshan is currently planning a bid. Starting the vote in a couple of days would hardly take away a chance from anyone.

Sarzonia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Mon May 04, 2020 1:00 pm

I think anyone who is interested in/is willing to host this has had ample time to prepare a host bid by now. This doesn't have the complexity or the variables of a World Cup.

I suggest we vote on the bid and if the vote is in favour of Taeshan's bid, then it's his call when to get the snitch flying. If the vote is to reopen the process, then we give someone a chance at putting forth a serious bid.
World Lacrosse Council President. Member of the FWC Council.
World Cup 22; World Baseball Classic 18; Di Bradini Cup 8 (U21 World Cup 29); World Bowl XI & XIV; FHWC 15 & 18; Quidditch World Cup 9; World Indoor Soccer Championship I; AOCAF XII & XXIX; 3-time Draggonnii Inviyatii champions; 4-time IBC champions; 5-time WLC winners and Scott Cup champions.
First nation to win NSWC grand slam (Baptism of Fire Cup 3; Cup of Harmony 10; World Cup 22). NSWC Hall of Fame

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Envoy

Founded: May 04, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 pm

In.
Last edited by Peoples Republic of Joyea on Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyean Military Industries (Defense Company):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=485669
Joyeah City International Airport:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=471451
Air Joyea
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=472304

A m e n r i a
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am

If this is still open, I'm in.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)

Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future, Amenria reflects the prosperity that would be brought about by a real, modernist, Islamic government.

Save yourselves from yourselves.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby -Ebola- » Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 am

I'm withdrawing from this.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Sarzonia
Negotiator

Postby Sarzonia » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 am

Havynwilde wrote:There is no need to take away from giving someone else a chance to bid because a bid is up it is customary to give people a decent time to drop a bid or sum, I’ll stick to the guidelines that were used as ap renters for hosting the previous two renditions

All right, let's have a vote since it's four days past the deadline and Taeshan's bid is the only one we have.
World Cup 22; World Baseball Classic 18; Di Bradini Cup 8 (U21 World Cup 29); World Bowl XI & XIV; FHWC 15 & 18; Quidditch World Cup 9; World Indoor Soccer Championship I; AOCAF XII & XXIX; 3-time Draggonnii Inviyatii champions; 4-time IBC champions; 5-time WLC winners and Scott Cup champions.
First nation to win NSWC grand slam (Baptism of Fire Cup 3; Cup of Harmony 10; World Cup 22). NSWC Hall of Fame

Havynwilde
Spokesperson

Postby Havynwilde » Thu May 14, 2020 8:56 am

Having passed the deadline the current nations participating in the current edition of the Quidditch World Cup have been asked to vote concerning the host for the said tournament

a) to accept the bid from taeshan
    b) to re-open bids

Please send your votes to Havynwilde

Host voting will end in three days from the time of this post
Last edited by Havynwilde on Thu May 14, 2020 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Razenthurea
Civilian

Founded: May 14, 2020

Postby Razenthurea » Thu May 14, 2020 9:41 am

In puppet of Northwest Kalactin who isn’t participating. Just don’t expect much RP.

The Jovannic
Secretary

Founded: May 11, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Jovannic » Fri May 15, 2020 4:01 am

Im In :clap:
ALL HAIL THE JOVANNIC!!!
Sporting Achievements: NIL

Sarzonia
Negotiator

Postby Sarzonia » Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Havynwilde wrote:Having passed the deadline the current nations participating in the current edition of the Quidditch World Cup have been asked to vote concerning the host for the said tournament

b) to re-open bids

It's been five days. Results?

Havynwilde
Spokesperson

Postby Havynwilde » Fri May 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Havynwilde wrote:Having passed the deadline the current nations participating in the current edition of the Quidditch World Cup have been asked to vote concerning the host for the said tournament

b) to re-open bids

a) 8 votes
b) 1 vote

taeshan has won the rights to host the QWC, the tournament is now in their hands

Taeshan
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Taeshan » Fri May 22, 2020 5:24 pm

Havynwilde wrote:

b) to re-open bids

a) 8 votes
b) 1 vote

taeshan has won the rights to host the QWC, the tournament is now in their hands

Alrighty. Everyone there is currently 30 sign-ups. I will get the opening post up later today hopefully. I would prefer if we get two more entries to make it an even 32 team tournament, but I can work with 30.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Cup of Harmony 35, World Lacrosse Championship 2, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS)

Starcom Racing
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 25, 2018

Postby Starcom Racing » Fri May 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Filler team in

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Fri May 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Taeshan
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Taeshan » Fri May 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Kita-Hinode wrote:Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

Alright that is 32 and I haven't even finished the post. So expect a post in the next hour or so with a group draw, and a very tentative schedule.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports