NATION

PASSWORD

IMAA Drum Corps Circuit Season 1 [Signups][OOC]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
International Marching Arts Association
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

IMAA Drum Corps Circuit Season 1 [Signups][OOC]

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Mon May 21, 2018 8:33 pm

INTERNATIONAL MARCHING ARTS ASSOCIATION
the triumphant return ...

Drum Corps is BACK, baby! Back in 2015-2016, a short, small, and mildly successful drum corps circuit was operated by Drawkland and some others. It's been dormant until now. Finally, we're returning with a new and improved paradigm with a new and improved scorinator ... so let's have a new and improved season!

But wait, what is Drum Corps?

If you've never heard, Drum and Bugle Corps (often if not always shortened as drum corps) are seen as "professional marching bands." Your average marching band contains instruments from multiple instrument families, march in parades, and pep up fans at football games. Drum corps, on the other hand, participate in a summer-long circuit where they play specially-written shows on american football fields, and only contain instruments from the brass and percussion family. This may seem a little confusing to a newcomer, so there's some examples below.

How do competitions work? How do you score/win?

In real life, each drum corps develops new show for a season. Usually the music is arranged from pre-existing pieces, although it's not unusual for there to be partially or wholly original compositions used for a show. The corps puts this music to visual movement and drill sets on the field (again, examples linked below). Competitions are hosted in American football stadia, with the yardlines and various gridiron markings kept intact. Most competitions feature a preliminary and a final round - each corps will play in both rounds, and the corps with the best score in the final round will be the winners of that competition. Prelim rounds don't have any bearing on final round scores, besides potentially the order that corps perform in for finals.

The scores themselves are determined by judges. There are 8 captions that scores are taken from, seen below. IRL, each caption's score is determined by 2 judges. They give a corps a score out of 10, then these values are halved and added together for a maximum total of 10 in each caption (20 in General Effect, where the values are not halved before being added). All of these caption scored are summed for a maximum total of 100. In real life, the highest official score was 99.65, a score in the World Finals obtained by the Blue Devils.

Anyhow, each caption defines the skill of a corps in a specific aspect of their performance. These captions, as well as a simplified summary of what they mean, are shown here:

- Music General Effect (how interesting, well-assembled, and emotionally effective the musical composition is: how cool it sounds)
- Visual General Effect (how interesting, well-assembled, and emotionally effective the visual composition is: how cool it looks)
- Visual Proficiency (how clean, accurate, and skillfully the visual and drill aspects are performed: how well they march/do formations/movements)
- Visual Analysis (how effectively, well-designed, and well-arranged the visual and drill aspects are written: how well-written the drill/movements are)
- Brass (how clean, accurate, and skillfully the brass members perform musically: how well the brass players sound)
- Music Analysis (how effectively, well-designed, and well-arranged the visual and drill aspects are written: how well-written the music is)
- Color Guard (how clean, accurate, and skillfully the colorguard performs: how well the colorguard performs)
- Percussion (how clean, accurate, and skillfully the percussion sections perform musically: how well the percussion plays)

There are more detailed descriptions for each caption below.

That's cool and all, but how will this work in NationStates?

As most competitions here do, results will be generated via a scorinator. Rather than using xkoranate, which does not have a built-in marching band score function, this circuit will use a custom scorinator designed by Spaam and Drawkland. It operates on a spreadsheet using Google Sheets. For more information, check under this spoiler.

Drawkland wrote:So this sort of fell by the wayside, and I apologize for that. But, now I come bearing great news. We have a scorinator now! Like an actual, ready-to-use scorinator.

With the help and permission of Spaam (many thanks to him), I modified his rugby scorinator in order to produce drum corps results. Okay, I know that sounds weird, but basically the framework was already there so it wasn't too much of an issue to change it to produce multiple point values. Anyway, if you want to check it out, I have a link to it here:

The Drum Corps Scorinator (v1)

So you may ask how all this works. Luckily, it's a hell of a lot simpler than the really annoying method I used that involved xkoranate, gymnastics, lots of copy/pasting, Google Sheets, BBCode martial arts, and a bit of a headache. This scorinator basically entirely eliminates the middleman, and tallies everything up for you. Now I'm gonna explain how it works.

Basically, when you first click on the link, you should be in view-only mode. This is intentional, so that the original version of the scorinator doesn't get tampered with. To use it, you have to click on the File tab, and (if you're logged in to your Google account), click "Make A Copy". You choose where to put the file in your Google Drive, and then you have a fully editable version of the sheet for your own use. Then you can get to work! If you don't have a Google account, you should probably get one. You can technically download it as an Excel document, but I'm not sure if the script or anything would work, and it's more convenient through Google Sheets anyway.

How To Use
Once you have a copy on your drive that you can edit yourself, you're in business. Now go to the next tab titled "Teams." This is where all the Corps and their skill points are displayed. Each line obviously belongs to each Corps you have in your competition. The first column, "Rank," is their total bonus. This is the sum of rank, RP bonus, and whatever other bonus you want calculated for a Corps. Then the next 8 columns describe the skills of each Corps in the various scoring captions. If you're scoring a competition here, you can get these caption values from the signup posted by each Corps. Obviously if you're doing it for your own enjoyment just make the numbers up, but I use a scale of 1-10.

The captions there are listed in the order I intend to list them in for the signups, but in case they aren't, here's the order of the captions (if you can't discern from the acronyms): Musical General Effect, Visual General Effect, Visual Performance, Visual Analysis, Brass, Musical Analysis, Colorguard, Percussion. If you don't know the difference between the captions, that's not important for using the scorinator, really. That'll be explained in competition information posts and such but it's not important for scorination as long as you correspond to the values people posted.

Once your list of Corps and skill values are in shape, go down to the next tab, titled "Participants". Here, you can just list each Corps' name in each line. It'd probably be easiest to copy/paste the list from the Teams tab, but if you want to modify which order the Corps go in, either for IC purposes or for your own preference, this is where you'd do it. After that, you just go up to the menu bar at the top, go all the way to the right, and click the one that says "Scorinate". Then it brings up a menu that just says Scorinate. Obviously, clicking on that will scorinate each Corps on the Participants list and then paste their results on the Results list. More on that later.

The first time you try clicking Scorinate, Google Sheets will throw a fit at you. You have to press continue on the first window, select your account, then when it says "This app isn't verified!" go to the bottom, click "Advanced", then click "Go to Scorinator (unsafe)". Then the next window, click Allow. I know this looks super freaky and alarming, but that's just because the sheet uses an outside script (that Spaam wrote and I modified), which tells the sheet to go through the list, generate, and paste each Corps' results. Google does this so people don't accidentally give themselves viruses. This isn't a virus so you don't have to worry! You can even check the script yourself if you like (under Tools, Script Editor). Obviously I wouldn't suggest actually modifying it because you'll probably break the sheet. You can just look at it to ensure your own safety if you'd like.

So when you click Scorinate, it sends you to the Results sheet automatically, and you can see as each line of results are pasted on automatically. Once it reaches the end of the list it pops a little window to tell you it's done. Then you can just put a sum function on each row in the Total column, and your results are complete! You can then just select the whole table of results, and copy/paste them into a PRE tag on the forum to have nicely formatted results, ready-made. Awesome, right? Once you're done with a round and you sure you have your results saved/posted somewhere else, you can go ahead and delete all the results for next time. You don't have to, of course, but then any subsequent times you scorinate it'll just add more and more rows to the bottom of the results sheet.

This is the one bug I'm unhappy with and will try to fix coming soon. I tried to keep the SUM function in the Total tab the whole time so you don't have to re-enter the function every time you got new results, but the script would see the function and decide the row wasn't empty so it would just start pasting the results at the bottom. Once I get back to this I'll try to edit the script to make this not happen anymore, but until then you gotta keep clearing and re-entering the SUM function whenever you get new results. At least that's not hard to do.

Finally, if you want, you can look at the Scorinator tab. It does everything automatically, so you don't need to do anything to it, really. You can tinker with it if you want to see how it works, but as a host you only need to know one thing. Towards the top there's a cell that says "Phase of Season?" and the cell next to it has a dropdown menu. The available phases are Early, Late, and World. I've made the scorinator so that the "later" in the season the scorinator is set for, the higher the scores will be. This makes it so we don't have some random 99.660 record score in the second competition of the season. It would break the immersion. So this helps you control how high the scores are. As a host in the circuit that I intend to run, which setting to put the sheet on will be clarified for you before the competition starts, although it should be clear what phase of the season it is.

Other than that, there's nothing really essential that needs to be said! Please get a copy for yourself and check out what it has to offer. Play with it. Scorinate a domestic drum corps competition or something, I dunno. Please tell me any suggestions you have, bugs you found, or questions you've come up with. I want to make sure this thing runs smoothly before we attempt a new circuit using this! Which, by the way, I intend to start up. Soon. For real this time. I promise.

Thanks for checking this out, and sorry again for the hiatus around here!

As far as the circuit itself, it will operate differently from last time. The "first circuit" was done on an individual basis with various competitions being held independently for some time before culminating in a World Championship of the same caliber. The RP was very scant, and the competitions were very short. For reference, here are those threads in order.

Drums of the Drawks
Xhay Marching League Premiere
Sonnel Drum Corps Classic
Baptism of Rhythm
IMAA World Championships

However, this will not be repeated. This time, we will be operating a contiguous circuit with all the various competitions all being held in one thread. Hopefully we'll also have more competitions, more interest, and more people involved! This way, your RPs will be more valuable as bonus will be carried over for each competition, and even if you can't RP on a competition's given weekend, you'll still be able to write and get your bonus during the week for the next competition. If you're needing a direct comparison, consider the WGPC, where there are multiple-stage races every weekend for a few months. This is rather analogous to how this drum corps circuit will be set up, although instead of a practice race and real race being held over a weekend, it'll be a preliminary round and final round held over a weekend. I'm aiming for a Friday scorination of prelims and a Sunday scorination of finals any given week.

Sounds good. So how do I sign up?

If you want to sign up, fill out this form below! It's simpler than the forms for competitions previous. You still have to do some math, however. For nation, put the IC name of your nation. Corps Name is, clearly, the name of your corps. If the name includes "Drum and Bugle Corps" at the end, as is traditional, it may be shortened to the nickname before it for ease of use when posting (as is the standard IRL). The Show Title is important, as this gives the identity to your show. What the show actually is can and should be expanded upon via RP, but as a courtesy to other RPers, this information is required to sign up.

Then you have the Skill portion of your application. Think of this like signing up for the Olympics, as you assign each caption a certain skill score based on how well your corps performs. You have freedom on what points to assign to what caption and how much, but your total points cannot exceed an average of 5 per caption. You may give each caption a point value between 0-10, 0 being the skill of an above-average high school band and 10 being the most godly of skill in a caption. However, to keep at an average of 5 per caption, your total amount of points given to your corps may not exceed 40. If your point total exceeds 40, your application will be rejected and you'll be asked to fix it before you're accepted. See accepted examples below for inspiration if need be.

Code: Select all
[b]IMAA Circuit Corps Application[/b]
[b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Corps Name:[/b]
[b]Show Title:[/b]

[b]Music GE Skill:[/b]
[b]Visual GE Skill:[/b]
[b]Visual Prof. Skill:[/b]
[b]Visual Analysis Skill:[/b]
[b]Brass Skill:[/b]
[b]Music Analysis Skill:[/b]
[b]Colorguard Skill:[/b]
[b]Percussion Skill:[/b]

Hey, what if I want my nation to host a competition in the circuit?

I'm glad you asked! Like the WGPC, I'll be opening up applications for anybody to host a drum corps competition for a week in the circuit, IC'ly and maybe OOC'ly. Refer to the application below, as each section should be relatively self-explanatory. Venue name only requires a name, although a capacity (for the 1/4 of the stadium where fans would be seated) would be appreciated. The Early/Late preference will be considered but is not necessarily binding, based on what the needs of the circuit scheduling will be. Like the WGPC, scheduling will attempt to be relatively region-based. The name of the competition is important, feel free to look at accepted competitions' names and/or names of RL competitions for inspiration.

Self-hosted should be either Yes/No. This signals whether you'd be willing to scorinate and post the results of your competition on the given weekend it's set to occur. If you're not able to scorinate on the given weekend and rescheduling isn't possible, and/or if you go AWOL when your competition is set to be scorinated, the competition will be emergency scorinated by the organizer of the competition (Drawkland at the moment). If there's anything else you'd like to specify about the competition and how it should be approached, put that in the Other Considerations section. You do not have to participate to apply to host a competition, although I'd prefer in this case that the hosting be purely IC and that I handle the OOC scorination and such.

Code: Select all
[b]IMAA Circuit Competition Application[/b]
[b]Competition Name:[/b]
[b]Hosting Nation:[/b]
[b]Hosting City:[/b]
[b]Venue Name:[/b]

[b]Early Season/Late Season Preference:[/b]
[b]Self-Hosted:[/b]
[b]Other Considerations:[/b]

Anything else to mention?

This thread will serve as the OOC/discussion thread once the circuit begins. In addition, similarly to the WGPC, anybody may apply a Corps once the circuit is already in progress, although this may put them at a disadvantage as far as gaining cumulative RP bonus. Also, unrelated, I will be editing the scorinator at some point before the season starts to fix the generation of results greater than 10 in a given caption (which is impossible, and even a score of 10 is rather improbable), as well as point distributions to make sure that total scores are more realistic. If I were you, I'd hold off on downloading a copy of the scorinator until I say that these changes have been made.

There are a few points I'd like to discuss right now, since I'm not sure how or if they should be included. The biggest of course, would be a "points race" a la WGPC, where corps get a certain amount of points for getting certain placements in competitions. If this should be included, and how it should be implemented (should points be based on scores or on placements? should it be used for a base rank in the scorinator? should it be used to declare the champion?), needs to be discussed. I'll take any and all opinions, even from outsiders.

If the points race system is used, then it begs the question: how should the champion of the circuit be decided? Traditionally, the champion of the season is declared based on whatever corps wins the Final round of the World Championships, regardless of prior performances. If there is a points race used, then should the winner of the points race be used instead? In that case, I'd suggest the World Championships' points be counted extra, or something of the sort.

Obviously, a start date needs to be determined at some point. I'd like the signups to be up for two or three weeks (enough for the World Cup to finish and to net an appropriate amount of signups), although if we get a lot of corps early then I'll reconsider. That being said, an exact start date is still to be determined.

As far as ideal numbers, I'd like any amount of participating corps to be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20. If we get more than 20 corps for some reason (I don't anticipate this happening), then we can look at expanding things and having something like multiple competitions a week for corps to choose from, or something else to accommodate for the large amount of participants. Unless we have a problem getting past 10 participants, I don't think I'll allow one nation to control more than one corps. This is subject to change in the future.

Finally, have fun! This is very much a test season, to see if we can work out all the kinks and come up with something that will work year after year possibly. Even so, I hope NS can finally have a successful drum corps circuit for the first time in almost a decade. :)

RESOURCES
SCORING CAPTIONPOINTS
Music General Effect20
Visual General Effect20
Visual Proficiency10
Visual Analysis10
Colorguard10
Brass10
Music Analysis10
Percussion10
TOTAL100

Scoring Captions

If you have a high score in either General Effect:
  • Your Corps members deliver and sustain musical effects, roles, and details.
  • Your Corps engages the audience through excellence and emotional connection.
  • Your Corps’ repertoire engages the audience through compelling impact, pace, dynamics, and development.
  • Your Corps has relevant creativity, artistry, and originality.
  • Your Corps does the above pertaining to the relevant General Effect (music or visual).

If you have a high score in Visual Proficiency:
  • Your Corps has depth and demonstrates simultaneous form, body, and equipment responsibilities.
  • Your Corps successfully executes changes in meter, pulse, and tempo.
  • Your Corps’ members demonstrate clarity, timing, articulation, timing, and expressive qualities with respect to body, form, equipment, and challenge.
  • Your Corps overcomes environmental and design challenges, and executes good recovery.
  • Your Corps’ members show excellent concentration and stamina.

If you have a high score in Visual Analysis:
  • Your Corps has a quality orchestration and enhances musical structure using the visual repertoire.
  • Your Corps has depth and range in design and detail over time.
  • Your Corps’ members demonstrate clarity and variety in responsibilities pertaining to form, body, and equipment.
  • Your Corps’ repertoire includes challenging movement via form, body, or equipment.
  • Your Corps’ members show excellent precision and consistency throughout the ensemble.

If you have a high score in Colorguard:
  • Your Corps’ guard enhances the musical structure and the overall show design.
  • Your Corps’ guard shows a range of form, body, and equipment work in both musical, physical, and environmental manners.
  • Your Corps’ guard succeeds and shows precision despite design and environmental challenges.
  • Your Corps’ guard demonstrates good training, concentration, stamina, and recovery.
  • Your Corps’ guard achieves both technical and expressive greatness.

If you have a high score in Brass:
  • Your Corps’ brass has a range of technical and musical skill and vocabulary.
  • Your Corps’ brass handles a range of musical, physical, and environmental challenges well.
  • Your Corps’ brass shows accuracy in rhythmic, articulative, and timing aspects.
  • Your Corps’ brass exhibits fine balance, blend, tuning, clarity, and quality in playing tone.
  • Your Corps’ brass shows nice expressiveness and musicianship.

If you have a high score in Music Analysis:
  • Your Corps shows a range in design vocabulary and challenge.
  • Your Corps has quality orchestration, arrangement, use of musical devices, and expressive components.
  • Your Corps shows clarity in style, interpretation, and design.
  • Your Corps exhibits consistency in sonority, intonation, balance, and blend.
  • Your Corps has precision in vertical alignment (tuning/arranging) and a range of musical, physical, and environmental challenges.

If you have a high score in Percussion:
  • Your Corps’ percussion shows a depth and range in technical and musical skill and vocabulary.
  • Your Corps’ percussion show ability to perform simultaneous responsibilities.
  • Your Corps’ percussion shows precision in content, rhythmic articulation, and general cleanliness.
  • Your Corps’ percussion showcases balance, blend, and expressiveness as well as musicianship.
  • Your Corps’ percussion exhibits an ability to overcome design and environmental challenge.

LINK TO SCORINATOR

CORPS NAME		Music GE  Visual GE VisProf  VisAns   Brass    MusAns   CGuard   Percsn   Total
Samplestan Cavaliers 17.700 18.450 7.640 7.010 8.180 8.050 8.340 8.120 83.490
Samples Drum Corps 17.790 17.930 7.930 8.020 7.820 7.840 8.900 7.930 84.160
Sample City Sound 18.360 17.750 9.690 7.910 7.440 8.160 8.270 9.600 87.180
Example Regiment 17.290 18.770 8.100 8.930 8.080 6.840 8.290 7.940 84.240
Blue Sample 1 18.190 16.900 8.170 7.320 8.470 7.870 7.820 8.090 82.830
Blue Sample 2 18.570 17.860 7.910 8.560 9.110 8.300 8.570 7.380 86.260
Blue Sample 3 18.440 18.080 8.400 8.100 8.550 8.510 7.640 8.960 86.680
SuperSample 17.950 17.970 8.860 8.780 8.980 8.540 8.540 8.640 88.260
Sample Coats 18.300 18.120 8.560 8.400 9.780 8.200 8.080 8.240 87.680
Examplestan Guard 18.560 18.450 8.410 8.560 8.700 8.670 8.150 8.630 88.130
Kazoo and Bongo Band 18.790 18.550 8.310 8.670 9.350 8.940 9.060 9.170 90.840
National Drum Corps 16.690 18.910 8.320 8.000 8.310 7.610 8.350 8.170 84.360

This is what a scoresheet will look like. This would be IC "performance order" rather than overall placement order. Hosts should probably show the overall placement order of each corps based on total score after a scoresheet like this, if they don't organize it by total score on the sheet.

Here are a few "good" examples of modern drum corps shows, as an example for you to better understand how things work with this activity.
Madison Scouts, 1988
Carolina Crown, 2013
Bluecoats, 2014
Boston Crusaders, 2017
Blue Devils, 2017
Great Show Closing Acts

TG me if you have any other questions or need any other assistance.

This nation is operated by the administrator of the I.M.A.A.
This is Drawkland for the foreseeable future.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Confirmed Corps and Competitions

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Here is where participating drum corps and officially recognized competitions will be posted, once accepted. If not enough applications for competitions are received, I'll generate a few generic Drawkland-hosted competitions to compensate.

Once again, we're shooting for anywhere between 10-20 participating corps, with other considerations being taken if we need to go above 20. As for competitions, I'm hoping for at least 4 in the early stage, and 4 in the late stage (plus the world championships to cap it all off). If more applications are received, we'll look to expand it. I'm not putting down a set maximum number of competitions since I don't expect a huge amount of applications for them.

If you're having doubts on whether you'll be able to RP that much, just remember that this circuit will go on for at least two months once it begins, with a casual pace as competitions will happen weekly. If you have time at all during the week or weekend, you'll certainly be able to throw in a few RPs here and there over the course of the season!

PARTICIPATING CORPS
Corps Name               Show Name                Nation            
Sadeg Spartans HyperSpace Drawkland
Wealdheim Bards Sumeria Cosumar
Moravica Coastal Ode to Maasai Banija
Kalactanian Naval Band La Marninsay Northwest Kalactin
CCC Comet Corps In Memoriam Chromatika
Pride of Astrolinium Pines of Rome Astrolinium
LPPU Drum & Bugle Corps No-Potato Presentation Latvian Politburo

IMAA CIRCUIT SEASON 1
#   Competition Name                  Host City           Host Nation          

Early Stage
1 Baptism of Rhythm Metropolon Drawkland
2 Find Your Beat Gold Coast Northwest Kalactin

Late Stage
3 Drums of the Drawks Drawk City Drawkland
4 Hamba Ngoma Istria Banija
5 Vive la Résistance Chromatik City Chromatika

World Stage
6 I.M.A.A. World Championships Centivar County Drawkland
Last edited by International Marching Arts Association on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Drawk's App

Postby Drawkland » Mon May 21, 2018 8:49 pm

IMAA Circuit Corps Application
Nation: Drawkland
Corps Name: Sadeg Spartans
Show Title: HyperSpace

Music GE Skill: 8
Visual GE Skill: 6.6
Visual Prof. Skill: 3.4
Visual Analysis Skill: 4.5
Brass Skill: 5.5
Music Analysis Skill: 4
Colorguard Skill: 2
Percussion Skill: 6

Here's my Corps. Also, I already have a few competitions preset onto the circuit order. The venues are Metro Arena in Metropolon, Drawk City Stadium in Drawk City, and Seven Stars Stadium for the IMAA Championships. In future circuits, I think I'll have the Baptism of Rhythm and maybe the IMAA Championships open for bids to host, but for now I'll just be holding them here for obvious reasons.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon May 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Nation: Northwest Kalactin
Corps Name: Kalactanian Naval Band
Show Title: “La Marninsay”

Music GE Skill: 3
Visual GE Skill: 1
Visual Prof. Skill: 2
Visual Analysis Skill: 1
Brass Skill: 20
Music Analysis Skill: 2
Colorguard Skill: 6
Percussion Skill: 5
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Mon May 21, 2018 9:28 pm

Nation: Cosumar
Corps Name: Wealdheim Bards
Show Title: "Sumeria"

Music GE Skill: 8
Visual GE Skill: 7
Visual Analysis Skill: 4
Brass Skill: 6
Music Analysis Skill: 7
Colorguard Skill: 2
Percussion Skill: 4
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Drawkland
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Tue May 22, 2018 11:47 am

Cosumar wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application
Nation: Cosumar
Corps Name: Wealdheim Bards
Show Title: "Sumeria"

The Bards are accepted! Welcome back Cos.

Northwest Kalactin wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application

Visual GE Skill: 1
Visual Analysis Skill: 1
Brass Skill: 20
Music Analysis Skill: 2
Percussion Skill: 5

The Kalactanian Naval Band is REJECTED. Your skills add up to 40, which is correct, but you cannot exceed 10 points in any category. Having a 20 in Brass is too much, please reduce it to 10 or less and redistribute the other points and reapply.

Thanks for your interest. :)
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Nation: Banija
Corps Name: Moravica Coastal Drum Corps
Show Title: "Ode to Maasai"

Visual GE Skill: 8
Visual Prof. Skill: 7
Visual Analysis Skill: 7
Brass Skill: 4
Colorguard Skill: 4
Percussion Skill: 3
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue May 22, 2018 1:35 pm

IMAA Circuit Competition Application
Competition Name: Hamba Ngoma (March of the Drum)
Hosting Nation: Kingdom of Banija
Hosting City: Istria, Moravica, Banija
Venue Name: Liberty Stadium.

It will have a capacity of 70,000 for the event. The link is what was featured about Liberty Stadium in the city's failed bid to host the NSCAA Final Four.

Early Season/Late Season Preference: Late Season
Self-Hosted: We can figure it out?
Other Considerations: N/A
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Visual GE Skill: 2
Brass Skill: 9
Music Analysis Skill: 5
Percussion Skill: 9[/quote]
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Tue May 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Banija wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application
Nation: Banija
Corps Name: Moravica Coastal Drum Corps
Show Title: "Ode to Maasai"

Visual GE Skill: 8
Visual Prof. Skill: 7
Visual Analysis Skill: 7
Brass Skill: 4
Percussion Skill: 3

Northwest Kalactin wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application

Visual GE Skill: 2
Brass Skill: 9
Music Analysis Skill: 5
Percussion Skill: 9

Both the Moravica Coastal Drum Corps and Kalactanian Naval Band are now accepted. Welcome aboard, fellas.

Banija wrote:IMAA Circuit Competition Application
Competition Name: Hamba Ngoma (March of the Drum)
Hosting Nation: Kingdom of Banija
Hosting City: Istria, Moravica, Banija
Venue Name: Liberty Stadium.

It will have a capacity of 70,000 for the event. The link is what was featured about Liberty Stadium in the city's failed bid to host the NSCAA Final Four.

Self-Hosted: We can figure it out?
Other Considerations: N/A

This also looks totally fine. Play around with the scorinator and see if you have any issues with it. If it proves to be too confusing or you don't feel like doing it, I'll be able to score it for you.

For now it'll be the first of the late season contests but that'll be subject to change in case another competition would be better suited in that slot for whatever reason.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Nation: Chromatika
Corps Name: CCC Comets Corps
Show Title: In Memoriam

Music GE Skill: 6.7
Visual GE Skill: 2.3
Visual Prof. Skill: 5.2
Visual Analysis Skill: 5.8
Brass Skill: 7.1
Music Analysis Skill: 5.9
Colorguard Skill: 1.6
Percussion Skill: 5.4

Competition Name: Vive la Résistance
Hosting Nation: Chromatika
Hosting City: Chromatik City
Venue Name: Capitalizt Dome (Cap. 144,000)

Early Season/Late Season Preference: Late
Self-Hosted: No
Other Considerations: The Dome allows the bands to not have to deal with the elements, should it be during the rainstorms that often take over the horizon. All air travel must still go through Quebec City or Ramusok.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Tue May 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Competition Name: Find your Beat
Hosting Nation: Northwest Kalactin
Hosting City: Gold Coast
Venue Name: Hue Ñene Arena

Other Considerations: nope
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Chromatika wrote:
Nation: Chromatika
Corps Name: CCC Comets Corps
Show Title: In Memoriam

Music GE Skill: 6.7
Visual GE Skill: 2.3
Visual Prof. Skill: 5.2
Visual Analysis Skill: 5.8
Brass Skill: 7.1
Music Analysis Skill: 5.9
Colorguard Skill: 1.6
Percussion Skill: 5.4

The CCC Comet Corps is Accepted, welcome aboard! If I may ask, what does the CCC stand for?

Chromatika wrote:
Competition Name: Vive la Résistance
Hosting Nation: Chromatika
Hosting City: Chromatik City
Venue Name: Capitalizt Dome (Cap. 144,000)

Early Season/Late Season Preference: Late
Other Considerations: The Dome allows the bands to not have to deal with the elements, should it be during the rainstorms that often take over the horizon. All air travel must still go through Quebec City or Ramusok.

Northwest Kalactin wrote:IMAA Circuit Competition Application
Competition Name: Find your Beat
Hosting Nation: Northwest Kalactin
Hosting City: Gold Coast
Venue Name: Hue Ñene Arena

Other Considerations: nope

Also, both of these competitions are Accepted into the circuit.

However, Kalactin, since I don't want to stack the "Late" side of the season too much prematurely, and considering that the competition is called "Find Your Beat," I'm going to put it in the Early part of the season. If you desperately want it in the Late side I can change it.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue May 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Nation: Astrolinium
Corps Name: His Majesty's Pride of Astrolinium Drum and Bugle Corps
Show Title: Pines of Rome

Music GE Skill: 2
Visual GE Skill: 3
Visual Prof. Skill: 1
Brass Skill: 3
Music Analysis Skill: 3
Percussion Skill: 2
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Astrolinium wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application

Welcome! Your entry is accepted!

For abbreviation purposes, the corps' name may be shortened to "Pride of Astrolinium" in some cases. Also, your total skill levels do not exceed 40, which is fine, but it is suggested that they at least reach 40 - otherwise, as they are now, you're at a little bit of a disadvantage. However, if you want to edit your skill levels to bump them up to appropriate levels I will gladly accept a modification (provided the total skill doesn't exceed 40, as required). Thanks for your interest! :)

Drawkland
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:41 pm

For everybody's reference, I've also moved Drums of the Drawks to be the first competition of the Late stage rather than the second of the Early stage. Just made more sense for the Drawkland-hosted events to be spread out, one in each stage.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:10 am

International Marching Arts Association wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application

Welcome! Your entry is accepted!

For abbreviation purposes, the corps' name may be shortened to "Pride of Astrolinium" in some cases. Also, your total skill levels do not exceed 40, which is fine, but it is suggested that they at least reach 40 - otherwise, as they are now, you're at a little bit of a disadvantage. However, if you want to edit your skill levels to bump them up to appropriate levels I will gladly accept a modification (provided the total skill doesn't exceed 40, as required). Thanks for your interest! :)

That's definitely an acceptable abbreviation. And I'm fine with the skill levels as they are, my aim here is to be an underdog corps, the sort of group that would be more at home in DCA than DCI but is gonna try its best anyway.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:20 am

CCC = Chromatik City College (University). I thought you knew that already. :p
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:24 am

Astrolinium wrote:
International Marching Arts Association wrote:Welcome! Your entry is accepted!

That's definitely an acceptable abbreviation. And I'm fine with the skill levels as they are, my aim here is to be an underdog corps, the sort of group that would be more at home in DCA than DCI but is gonna try its best anyway.

Ah, I see where you're going with then. Interesting RP angle for sure! No problems with it then in that case.

Chromatika wrote:CCC = Chromatik City College (University). I thought you knew that already. :p

The lack of the U is what threw me off! Makes sense to me.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:52 am

A reminder that we're currently sitting at 6 corps ... about 4 away from the nearest workable number, which is 10. If you're considering signing up, don't hesitate to do so!

Latvian Politburo
Political Columnist

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvian Politburo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Calendary-wise.when will this happen,approximately?

Drawkland
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Latvian Politburo wrote:Calendary-wise.when will this happen,approximately?

Our start date really depends on when we get a workable number of corps to start the circuit. I'd say once we get 10 corps, signups will remain open for another week, and then I'll look at getting things truly started.

If push comes to shove though and we can't get 10 corps, I'll probably look to start things the first weekend of August.

Latvian Politburo
Political Columnist

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvian Politburo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Nation:Latvian Politburo
Corps Name:LPPU Drum and "Bugle" corps
Show Title:The no-potato presentation

Music GE Skill:7
Visual GE Skill:2
Visual Prof. Skill:3
Visual Analysis Skill:1
Brass Skill:8
Music Analysis Skill:10
Colorguard Skill:1
Percussion Skill:8

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby International Marching Arts Association » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:00 am

Latvian Politburo wrote:IMAA Circuit Corps Application
Nation:Latvian Politburo
Corps Name:LPPU Drum and "Bugle" corps
Show Title:The no-potato presentation

Music GE Skill:7
Visual GE Skill:2
Visual Prof. Skill:3
Visual Analysis Skill:1
Brass Skill:8
Music Analysis Skill:10
Colorguard Skill:1
Percussion Skill:8

You're in! Sorry for the delay. Meant to let this stay on front page and then bump with the accept post afterwards to maximize visibility, but I got busy with RL and forgot.

With 3 signups remaining until we reach a solid 10, I'm probably going to get this started, posting the season thread on August 5th. Gives us about a week and a half for 3 more signups. If push comes to shove, I may enter a second corps, but we'll see. I'll try whipping up some interest in other places.

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sharktail » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:55 am

Nation: sharktail
Corps Name: Shark Drum and Bugle Corps
Show Title: Blue Ocean

Music GE Skill: 5
Visual GE Skill: 6
Visual Prof. Skill: 4