NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 63 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Leorudo
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leorudo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Time:0800 Hours, December 24, 2012
Situation Overview:
The small city of New Mathdon, was, in fact, at war. No actual fighting was taking place, but the city was besieged. Valanora had moved a fleet of it's finest naval vessels towards the small colony city to stop the transfer of much needed supplies from the rest of the World. The city is preparing for the worst. Small substance gardens had been built to help sustain the civilians, but they would only do so much. The mines in the outskirts of the city were being stripped for iron and uranium, and the countrymen desperately awaited any supplies that might be slipped through the blockade to their assistance.
----
"Luke, are you ready for school?" An older woman pouring milk into a bowl of cereal called up a flight of stairs.
"Almost!" The young boy was going to attend his local school, even though it was Christmas Eve, he still had school to go to.
The young boy was a Leorudian/Inevitable Syndicate mix whose parents had taken him to New Mathdon. Sadly, both of his parents were killed in a freak accident, and his Grandmother was forced to be his caretaker. Their small country home had two stories and a small yard where Luke would play football with his friends in his spare time. He often wondered about the World and why things happened. A conversation in his classroom about the subject came up later:
"Why is my dad saying that we need to be ready to leave?" One child asked a teacher.
"Why is Valanora trying to kill us?" Another student asked.
"This is a scary situation children, and Valanora is being agressive." The teacher said calmly.
Luke self-consciously blurted out:"Why?"
The teacher turned and looked at him.
"I think that some countries do not look at people as people, but instead they are just pieces of a game."
Luke had no idea what that meant, but he nodded anyway.
As he walked home that day, passing the signs advertising the resistance, he thought about everything that was going on, and he promised himself he would never get involved with those sort of things.
----
Back in mainland Leorudo:
In was a rainy day in the metropolis that was Leorudo. But the weather was of little importance to Michael Strelle, who was going to see his older brother for the first time in many years. This brother had left the homeland to make a fortune during the New Almintoran Economic Boom, but he only got as far as a short run as a up and coming shipping company before Morcavi Industries bought all of the ports around them, forcing them to close. Not long after, the older Strelle had to leave New Almintora and head for home. Despite all of that, Michael Strelle was riding in the Metro Train to LIA(Leorudian International Airport) where he would be more than excited to greet his brother. Michael was fifteen, old enough to go through out the town on his own, yet still his parents had been expecting him back by the evening, so he had to hurry. Because he was alone, he had also just picked up one of the latest World Cup-themed football video games for himself, which he intended on playing later while his older brother and his parents talked about his enterprising practices and how his life would be intact after everything. His mind wavered as the city's Industrial District was rushed by the window. Eventually, the driver came to stop in front of a fountain near the airport.
"How much do I owe you?" Michael asked the driver.
"Fourteen Units." The driver responded, rolling down his window so he could catch the money that would be thrown at him.
Michael paid what he owed an walked the rest of the way to the airport. It would be a while until-Shooooh His thoughts were interrupted by a jet flying over the area. These had become a commonplace in Leorudo in the last couple of months.
"Just another parade." He murmured to himself as he kept he head down and walked into the airport to his brother's flight's bag pick-up to wait.
After a few minutes of waiting, he pulled out his phone and started playing music through his headphones. Rage Against the Machine started blaring, and he was at peace.
It must have began to rain outside, because the thunder was cracking every so often to the rhythm of the song.
Finally, the song stopped, and he did not feel like to turning it off, so he slowly drifted off into a nap to the next thing on his play list.
"Michael!"
He awoke to the sound of his name.
Snapping to life, hastily shoving his phone and earpieces in his pockets, he returned the call.
"David!" He was addressing his brother for the first time in a very long while.
"How are you, buddy?" David said in the voice you would expect from an older brother.
"Fine, and yourself?" Michael responded as smoothly as possible.
"I would not be back here I was doing great Michael, but I'm doing alright to buy you a burger. Is Lenoli's still around?"
"Yep, not much has changed around here since you left." Michael stated.
"No? Wow, maybe it is just blowhards who moved out to the colonies." David was, of course, referring to the Leorudian Expansion, but Michael was not interested in the world of politics much, and from what he understood was that his country was trying to become richer, and hurting some people like his brother in the process.
"Oh, you know I'm not into that stuff." Michael stated.
"You haven't changed much?" David asked, questioning if Michael had any new hobbies.
"I like to think I have. Anyway let's go, Mom and Dad want me home by sun down." Michael said, picking up one of David's bags and turning towards the grand terminal.
"Do we have time to stop for a burger?" David asked.
"Sure, but you pay." Michael replied as he waved for David to catch up.
"Yep. You haven't changed one bit." David muttered to himself as he quickly walked to catch up with Michael.
-----
Last edited by Leorudo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSWiki/Factbook:
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Leorudo

Political Compass: Nelson Mandela.
Literally. An exact match on the graph.

Any ideas for a better signature?

Mazion
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mazion » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Les Monarchistes: Part 3

Bavacin, Mazion

"Adriana!" the forewoman barked. Adriana lifted her head slowly. "What are you doing?" asked the angry face. "Just working on this shirt," she replied feebly. Adriana was a worker in a textile factory. "Well hurry up!" said the woman. "You know, there are hundreds of workers who would love to have your job, and I would have no qualm giving it to them." "Yes, Madame," said Adriana. She finished the shirt and moved on to the next one. It was boring work and she was tired and hungry. The clock ticked slowly as she worked, too slowly. She wished she could find another job, but this was the only one available in English Town. Or it seemed that way at least. She sighed and picked up another piece of cloth. Cut out the fabric, smooth, sew, embroider, repeat. It was tedious, and she was barely making enough to feed herself. "Alright, work's over," yelled the woman. Working codes said work should end by six, but the factory stayed open another three hours. Adriana dropped the shirt she was working on and walked to the door. These shirts would be going to the Frenchmen and cost months of her pay. She didn't understand how anyone could have enough money to buy one of them.

She walked into the cool air and started down the street. It would be a cold night, and she had no place to stay. She usually just slept on the streets. She found the bakery where she usually bought her bread for dinner. "Closed" it read. She sighed. "I guess I'll have to go hungry tonight," she thought. She turned the corner and went into an alley way where she would sleep for the night. Lying down, she thought of her daughter.

She had had a relationship with a Frenchman once. He was a nice man, but he always played games with her. Surely, he had other women as well. She hadn't seen their daughter in months. Last she heard, she was working in a sweatshop factory owned by some government official. Bad working conditions and little pay. She didn't want her daughter to grow up that way, but it was the only way that she would survive. She couldn't live out on the streets. Adriana started to cry as she thought of how her life had turned for the worse. Slowly, she drifted into sleep, tears still wet on her face.

"Adriana!" Adriana jolted awake. She lifted her head out of the shirt she was working on. "Adriana! Our workers cannot sleep on the job! Out! Get out!" "But, but, wha..." Adriana began to protest. "Take her out!" yelled the forewoman. "No! I need thi, but, it's, it's..." Two guards took her roughly by the arm and began to drag her out. "No!" Adriana yelled and screamed. The guards took her outside the door, threw her onto the ground, and closed the doors, locking them. Adriana pounded on the door, pleading with them to let her back in. But she was met with no response. Finally, she slumped down next to the door, sobbing. Where would she eat now? Work was scarce in English Town.

She got up and brushed off her clothes. Then, she walked slowly up the street, back to her alley. She would try to find work tomorrow. "Excuse me," said a man. He bumped in to her. "Sorry," she said, wiping the tears out of her eyes. "Is everything okay?" he asked. "Yes, well no. I just lost my job," she admitted. "Well, I'm sorry," he said. "If you need any help, call me okay?" He wrote down his number and name on a piece of paper. She read it. "Christian Bacchelder." "I like your hair," he said. "Would you want to get dinner some time?" Adriana's mouth opened. "S-sure," she stammered. "Great, how about tonight?" "That would be fine," she said, still in disbelief. "Awesome. I'll meet you at The Yellow Dollar at nine. See you later." He walked by her and on to the street.

Adriana didn't know too many places around Bavacin, but she had heard of The Yellow Dollar. It was the most expensive, finest restaurant in Bavacin. She sighed, wishing her daughter could be with her now. Then, she walked back to the alley. She had to clean up before dinner.

Christian walked down the street towards the practice field. Sure, she was poor and a little dirty, but he had been like that once two. And she was the prettiest girl he had ever met. Whistling, he turned the corner and entered the parking lot of the field. "Hey Christian," said a voice. He turned and saw Douglas Montague. "Hey Doug, what's up?" "Just going into practice," Doug replied. He locked his car and they started to walk into the locker room. "When's our next match?" asked Christian. "Sometime soon versus Torisakia," said Doug. They neared the entrance. "Damn, I forgot something in my car," said Doug. "Well, see you inside," he said. "Sure," said Christian. Doug ran back to his car and Christian entered the locker room. This was going to be a hard practice and he knew it.

First, it was sprints. Simple enough, just across the field and back. Then again. And again. By the time they were all done, Christian estimated they had done at least fifty times back and forth. But he was too tired to care. "That is the kind of effort we need versus Torisakia. And when is our match Christian?" Christian stopped. He had no idea. "Uuuh..... next week?" he guessed. "Wrong!" yelled Eli. "Get your head in the game Bachelder." Christian bowed his head in shame. "Twenty more sprints for the whole team," said Eli. "You can blame Christian." The team groaned. "Tweet." Eli blew his whistle and they started off once more.

Panting, the team re-entered the locker room. In addition to the sprints, Eli had sent them out on a ten-mile run, saying they needed to improve their "stamina." Christian thought it was just a punishment. He turned on the shower, washed off, and changed into a suit. "Where you going Christian? Got a hot date?" joked Henry Saylot, the starting defensive midfielder. The room exploded in a series of laughs "Yes, actually," said Christian, finishing tying his tie. He walked out of the room and out onto the street.

"Taxi!" he yelled, flagging down an oncoming car. The driver opened the door and said, "Where to?" "The Yellow Dollar please," said Christian. The driver whistled softly and pulled into the oncoming traffic. Whizzing past the buildings, Christian reached into his pocket. He studied a picture closely, and put it away.

Adriana walked up to the restaurant and immediately felt out of place. It was so.... fancy. She had never seen something so luxurious in her life. "Hello," said a voice, a voice she recognized as Christian's. "Hello," she said nervously. "Nice building huh," he said. Adriana nodded. "Shall we go inside?" he asked, taking her hand. Adriana flinched backward for a second before regaining her composure. "Yes," she said.

They were seated at a table in the back. "So, tell me about yourself," he said, with a smile. "Well, I was born in Bavacin. I was orphaned at a young age. I've worked odd jobs ever since just to buy food. And..." she faltered. "And?" Christian pressed. "I have a daughter, only a few years old. I don't know where she is." Christian stopped smiling. "Do you have any idea?" "Well, last I saw her she worked for a government official in a factory. Over on Garber."

Christian thought for a second, and then took out a picture. "She doesn't look anything like this, does she?" He showed her a picture of the girl he had saved earlier in the week. Adriana gasped. "Michelle! Where did you see her?" "I saw her on Garber," he said, "just a couple of days ago." "Can we go look for her later?" "Yes, why don't we go now?" Christian stood up, leaving some cash on the table for the waiter. "Let's go." Adriana looked around at the restaurant. The chairs were gilded in gold, the chandeliers were made of the finest crystal. "Alright," she agreed. She got up, pushed in her chair, and walked with Christian out of the restaurant.

Hand in hand, they walked up one street and down another. Garber was halfway across the town, and it would be quite a trek. It was cold again, and Adriana shivered. "Take my jacket," said Christian, putting it around her shoulders. She protested, but he insisted. They continued on until the reached Garber. Christian led the way to the alley where he had spotted her last. Adriana could hardly contain her anticipation. She was finally going to see her daughter!

They reached the alley, and Christian saw the man again. This time, he was hitting her, smacking her across the face. "Hey!" yelled Christian. "Stop that you son of a..." The man turned around and flashed another grin. He had a bandage covering his head, and he gave off a crazy look. The girl dropped to the ground crying. "I'm gonna stop this once and for all," thought Christian. He started towards the man. The man pulled out a gun and cocked it. Christian jumped out of the way just as the gun fired. "BANG!" "Ahhh!" Christian heard Adriana scream in pain. The man ran out of the alley and down the street. Christian looked first at the girl. She was huddled on the ground, crying silently. Then, he looked at Adriana. She was lying, propped up against a building. "Adriana!" Christian yelled. She looked up at him silently, and he saw that she was crying too. He moved her hand and he saw blood, seeping out of a hole in her stomach. "Christian," she whispered. "Take care.... care of her." "I will," promised Christian. She lifted up her body and slowly kissed him. Then, she sank to the ground, her breathing stopped. "Adriana!" yelled Christian. He looked into her eyes and saw the glassy stare of death. Slowly, he closed them and whispered something. Then, he looked at the girl. "Come on," he said. "Let's go."
Last edited by Mazion on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:49 am

THE EMPIRE TIMES

NEW COACH NEW TEAM NEW CUP

The Football Federation of Bloumany (FFB) today announced that former Port Fansat manager Sir Nathan Kolson will take over the role of the Blouman Empire National team full time and will be looking at leading the team to victory as it soon begins its qualifying campaign for the 63rd World Cup. FFB Chairman Sir Luke Polking made the announcement during a press release earlier today welcoming the new manager "With great honour the FFB appoints the famed Sir Nathan Kolson as the new international manager". Sir Nathan had been manager of Port Fansat for the past 10 years bringing in 4 Braxon Championships, 3 Blouman Champions League titles and 5 Imperial Cups before retiring at the end of last season. It is understood he was approached by a number of FFB members to come out of retirement and put his hand up to take over the role after the messy resignation/dismissal of Henry Malsomp after the last Cup of Harmony campaign. While Amaedus Kugelrt had been the favourite to be offered the position, a strong faction on the FFB board pushed for the appointment of Sir Nathan as the best choice.

Sir Nathan made reference to his predecessor in his acceptance speech recognising the hard work done and would be looking at "building upon those foundation blocks"; he also mentioned that there would be a number of changes to the squad which he would be announcing soon. It is well known that Sir Nathan criticised Malsomp's choices publicly over the past two World Cups stating he was missing on a field of talent by excluding all those over the age of 25. How many changes Sir Nathan is expected to make is unknown, however, there will be a number of older players such as Andrew Lambert and Baden Lakes expected to be selected over those whom have played in the past two campaigns.

As with FFB policy the salary and bonuses given to Sir Nathan have remained confidential, however, Sir Luke did outline the objectives for this campaign. The Empire is expected to finish within the top four of their qualifying group and will be expected to make it past the group stage of the Cup of Harmony. The FFB has not placed any long term objectives on Sir Nathan unlike their requirements placed on Harry Malsomp, however, Sir Nathan announced some of his own by declaring that the team would qualify for the World Cup within three qualifying campaigns. With a new manager and new players the team will be hoping to put behind them debacle caused by speculation over Malsomp's future and begin their next campaign with a win.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Argo Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Argo Islands » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Sports Review: Argo Islands

Authored By,
Nick Frost VI

The Argan team and its manager, Ryan Carmichael has had their drama start early. With the injury to RF Nate Madison, the team has had to make a decision in who to replace Madison with. Nick March is the favored choice but their has been an argument over his lack of his experience and even more his maturity. March leads to the team in combined penalty cards. March however is easily the most talented reserve on the team. The rookie all-star has already made a splash on his own club team, Antioch F.C. and now his making a huge leap in his career if he rewarded with the position. Madison is expected to sit out until the beginning of the WC group play. Madison who has been a new starter for the team since Jamison's downgrade. The other option that is being weighed in on is starting Johnny Norton, the young forward that does have decent experience. He is not as talented as March but has more experience and maturity. That is the main advantage with starting Norton over March. The team is preparing for its next friendly against a Eupheos-Anetus team who recently lost 9-1 to Royalsoldiers. This will hopefully be the win the team needs to prove it is worthy for the world stage of the World Cup.
The Argo Islands are a chain of islands in the middle of the Sea of Gold. This sea is part of the Imperial Ocean. The Argo Islands is often known for its gentlemen. We prefer to act in a civilized and reasoned manner. We grow groomed beards. However, this is not very descriptive of our behavior on the battlefield. We have civilized uniforms but we our soldiers our vicious.
Full Nation Name: The Island Confederacy of Argo Islands
Total Population: 12 Million
President-n-Commander: President Fredrick Rockefeller
Vice President: Vice President Michael Harper
Minister of War: Minister John Champagne II

"Sorry we can't hear your peace talks over our machine guns." -President Jason Smirnoff

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

The Beginning: Part I

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes... RP'ing without a roster. To be honest, right now, I do not know where I want this WC RP to go, or who I want on my team. So, until the first matchday, I will RP my own thoughts... and maybe something will come out of it... Maybe...

.:: Keldabe, Keldabe Autonomous Province, Gyatso-kai ::.
1820 hours local time (UTC+7), 25 December 2012.4

So the holidays are almost over...

Kad'e Tay'haai walked slowly down the street, looking at the various decorations strewn about on the lightpoles and buildings of Keldabe. First came the Winter Solstice, which saw graves and ancestors worshiped and honoured. Two days ago, Avatar Aang's Birthday had been celebrated throughout the Republics. Then came today's Christmas celebrations, and through the next two days, the final holiday of Silver Week would be celebrated. Tay'haai had never been one for holidays, instead wishing to spend his entire year working and perfecting his football skills.

And it showed...

110 caps, 81 career goals on the international stage... Tay'haai was in a league of his own amongst Avatarian footballers. He had been selected first string since World Cup 58, and now, here he was sitting on the eve of the sixty-second World Cup without even a notification letter of consideration. What was Vhett doing this year?

Why Bo'buir? Why the long wait? Shouldn't we be practicing now?

bzzzzz bbzzzz

A slight vibration in Tay'haai's pocket broke his train of thought, as he fumbled for the phone, the vibrating quickly stopped. Looking to the screen, Tay'haai could see who the missed call was.

Pre Kryse...

I wonder what he needed,
Tay'haai thought as he hit the REDIAL button.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:53 pm

To say that things were a bit unsettled in the Draggonnii Socialist Empire would been quite an understatement given the current situations concerning Zirakul and Leorudo. The latter becoming more of a region wide dispute that was slowly circling towards some form of conflict that could touch nearly everyone in Atlantian Oceania and the former becoming more of a domestic problem that anyone could have prophesized about. And all the while the Empire’s greatest export, The Sea Dragons football squad, were in a complete state of flux after Estrianii Raelea Vega ordered the old squad and staff disbanded following the debacle that had been the qualifiers for World Cup 62.

The nation was torn over that last fact. Yes the Sea Dragons had squandered their highest ever ranking at number two in the world to finish a dismal third in their group and miss the World Cup in what many deemed to be a golden opportunity to bring home the Championship. And yet the common fan, generally speaking, had been more than ready to offer up forgiveness following the squad’s 3rd Cup of Harmony Championship. After all, many of the players and staff were quite literally seen as Vegai Heroes of a sort - Icons easily identifiable with the Empire’s prowess and respectability. Kymykera, Laia, Akaok, Ombar, Sanlioch. Those names were known to all as near living legends on par with Jahirii, Jonasei, Mace, Kimo, Timo and following In the footsteps of Evan Evans, Unami Banta-N’bai, and Shaun Conarky. Pablo Iglesias and Porche Alexander. Those loyal fans were quite emphatic in their dislike of the changes that had been called for and made. Supporters of the changes were no less emphatic in their beliefs and already, before the new squad had even seen any real international action, violence had flared up when the two sets of fans had found themselves mixed together. Father and son. Brother and brother. Best friend and best friend. None were safe from the arguments over which squad was the true version of the Sea Dragons.

And yet here was the new squad all ready to go and simply awaiting the coming draw to let them know what their path to the World Cup 63 Proper would be. New manager Pygan Ust’dar had traded the love of the Empire as the main man at Errion Vega FK for hate mail and death threats. Fylan Kel’tas had gone from fuborii demi-god status to a man that had been forced to leave his favorite restaurant following multiple outburst from disenfranchised fans. Cadye Tas'dyn had seen her iconic player portrait on the entrance wall to the stadii at Ominus Hera Vandalized in a quite explicit manner. And Even reserve keeper had given up his fan-favorite status at EV Sarud to be construed in the media as on of the “Villainous 22” status. No member of the new squad had gone unaffected. In many ways they were a microanalysis of the DSE itself.

The Zirakulii had revolted, once again proclaiming their independence. A lack of direct response from the Presidente Commandante was widely viewed as a sign of weakness. A weakness that also seemed to allow for the discontented Dwarven states to flex the bindings of their pacts with the DSE. And then there was Leorudo. Little more than a tiny annoyance on the regional level, the Leorudans had gained some measure of power from their inclusion into the Confederation of Common States and thus an allied backing from the DSE as well as Falcania and the other smaller member nations of Savski Venac, Farfadillis, and Svengarda. While more Vegai than not supported the CCS alliance with Falcania, less than 10% of the population viewed Leorudo with more than suspicion and contempt. Those Vegai were more apt to look for a betterment of relations with old friends in the form of Starblaydia and Hypocria as well as new friends Wight.

With so much to be decided on and off the pitch, this promises to be one of the more interesting qualifying campaigns for the Sea Dragons and the Vegai in general.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Mazion
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mazion » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Les Monarchistes: Part 4

Bavacin, Mazion

"How is recruiting going?" "Good," said Danny, answering Christian's query. "We have gotten multiple new members over the last few weeks. We're getting close to our goal. I believe one of them will be stopping by here sometime today." Christian had not finished nodding when a knock sounded on the door. Danny looked through the eyehole and opened it. "Hello Caius. Welcome to the team." A tall young man that was about twenty-one entered the door. He had glasses and short brown hair. "Thanks," he said, shaking Danny's hand. He reached out his hand to Christian, who shook it. "I'm glad to be here. So, what are we doing?"

Danny looked at Christian. "Well, we are putting the finishing touches on an, act of protest, shall we say. We'll be storming La Montagna." Caius looked intrigued. "Interesting. How many men do we have?" "About 65," said Christian. "But we have one on inside." Caius nodded. "What do you need help with?" he said. "Well, we are just checking the guns, making sure everything is loaded and in working order," said Christian. Caius followed him and Danny into a back room. "If you could make some calls that would be great. We have some recruits to contact." "Solid," nodded Caius. "I'll get started."

2 Years Ago
Bavacin, Mazion

"Get the hell out of my house!" The old man brandished a cane and threatened to whack it on anyone who crossed him. Caius got up. "I've got every right to be here!" he yelled. "I've put as much work into this..." "WHACK!" The cane struck Caius across the head, knocking him down. "Well f*** you too!" he screamed, lashing out in anger. He grabbed his coat and ran out the door into the pouring rain. He didn't look back, not at the women crying in the window, not at the man on the porch, still yelling. This time, he wasn't coming back.

"That lunatic, government, pig," he thought. "Thinks he can tell me what to do." His pace slowed to a walk and he turned towards Croft Park. It was spring and the flowers were in their full beauty. Nature always calmed him down. As he walked, he began to whistle. "Whooo, whoo, whooo." In the driving rain, he was the only person on the street, and his clothes were soaked through. Still he walked, getting closer to the gardens with each step. He finally reached the road separating him and the park. He entered the pedestrian subway and paused a moment to dry off. He sat down on a bench and took off his coat.

"Hello," said a sweet voice. Caius looked to his left and saw a girl looking at him. She had big eyes, blonde hair, and eyelashes that were as long as, well, Caius didn't know what exactly they were as long as, but they were large. "Hello," said Caius. "I'm Caius. What's your name?" "I am Juliette," she said, batting her eyelashes at him. "Well," he said, taking her hand, "It is nice to meet you. Shall we go for a walk?" he asked. "In this rain?" she said, giggling in mock horror. He laughed as well at his mistake. "We could go to my apartment. Although..." she said, frowning. "Yes?" he asked. "Nevermind," she said. "Shall we?"

By the time they reached the apartment at which Juliette lived, they were soaked and the rain had picked up even more. Juliette quietly opened the door, and they slipped in. "Juliette!" yelled a voice. A fat lady walked into the foyer. "Where have you been!" Juliette shrunk back. "Oh... hello," the woman said, with an odd look on her face, noticing Caius. "We... We were just going upstairs," said Juliette. "Not now, Juliette! We have to clean the house," said the lady. "I am sorry," she said to Caius, "but you will have to go." "Goodbye Juliette," Caius turned to go. Juliette stood, silent. Caius opened the door and walked out.

"Juliette, I told you not to bring boys around here!" said the woman. "I know Madame, but..." "No buts. Now get to work. The house must be ready for Griet's party later." "Yes Madame." Juliette went to the closet and got her broom. The straw on the bottom was almost worn out from use, but she did not dare ask for a new one. Quietly, she began to sweep. "It's not fair," thought Juliette. "Griet has a huge party but I can't even bring one boy around here, let alone a dozen. I guess that's what I get for being adopted." She kept sweeping and moved on through the house.
Last edited by Mazion on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

San Potato
Attaché

Founded: Nov 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby San Potato » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 pm

San Potato Falls in BoF 50 finals

It was really a sad day for the young San Potato squad,who were defeated not without controversy.
Match Highlights
San Potato always seemed to be scored on against first as Kaledor scored within the first 10 minutes of regulation courtesy of Sir Tristram header.This seemed to shocked San Potato as it was a really uncalled for goal.
Kaledor immediately switched to a defensive minded strategy,preventing San Potato from scoring despite their many many shots attempted. They doubled,tripled up on Joe Johnson,preventing him from getting the ball at all.
Halftime
Goalscorers
10':Sir Tristram

However,San Potato did not give up,the crusaders upped their game in the second half, they seemed to have a few tricks up their sleeves as Kaledor looked really off in the second half,unable to defend this new style the crusaders had brought out.
Time and time again though,no dice.
That was again,until the last play of regulation.
Kaledor fans are currently celebrating,as this is the last play for San Potato to equalise or its bye-bye to them.
Donaldson will take the corner.He whips it into the middle of the box and it meets the head of Joe Johnson and GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH,THE CRUSADERS,THEY DONE IT AGAIN!ANOTHER LATE GOAL TO PREVENT KALEDOR FROM TAKING HOME THE TROPHY.THE KNIGHTS ARE STUNNED!

It was once again,Joe Johnson with his 18th goal of the tournament,to push the game to extra time.
Full-time
90':Joe Johnson

Extra-time
Both teams seemed to be in top form for extra time,as they played ultra offensive.They both showed amazing passing skills and were able to some times stretch the goalkeepers for amazing saves.Notable attempts included a Sir Bors bicycle kick attempt to which hit the crossbar.
However,when the match was looking to go to penalties,they struck again.
The match is about to be over.Just 2 minutes left and oh look!It's them again!It's those fans!How did they get in with such security?Unbelievable! The crusaders have to retreat!They even have swords with them!

It was an unbelievable ending as apparently,Sir Tristram did not learn from his past mistakes.Everyone on the team tried to stop him from capitalising on this but it was too late.The ref had allowed play to continue,and blew the whistle shortly after the goal.
Fulltime
Scorers
90':Joe Johnson
120':Sir Tristram

Possession
San Potato-Kaledor
48-52

Shots(On Target)
20(14)-25(20)

The reason why we are not sad today is because we didn't lose fair and square,we lost because of some Kaledor fans who just somehow got past security much more strict than I ever seen before.I told the team to cheer up,there is still the world cup.It seemed to motivated them.Despite this terrible way to lose,I have to congratulate Kaledor for an amazing match no matter how they won this.Sir Tristram however really needs to get a 10 hour lesson on to be disciplined on the pitch.

-Gary Hardaway

Such a bad way to lose,but it's all cool.I did well in this tournament,getting top-scorer is no easy feat and I hope I can carry this form to the World-cup Qualifiers.I nearly got hurt out there as the fans really tried to challenge us,there was nothing we could do.Landry Shearer's martial arts skill really helped out in taking out some of them though.

-Joe Johnson
What's next for us?

There is still the world cup,and we need to qualify,so we will be heading back to San Potato to celebrate with our fans.Getting second is no easy feat,but we will really need to practice for the tougher competition in the world cup qualifiers.Kaledor and San Potato might just be drawn in the same group again,who knows?

-Gary Hardaway

Well,it has been a great run for us, but now our beloved crusaders are returning back.The Prime Minister should be proud on how they did here as this was our first finals appearance.

-San Potato Times

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 am

From the Apoxian Word....

Scott speaks out after crazy match against Farfadillis

In a hastily arranged friendly match between Apox and Farfadillis, hosted by Farfadillis, a crazy 9-7 scoreline occurred. So crazy was this score that the experts have tried to work out what went wrong in the match.

It would have ended up most likely as a 7-3 victory for Apox, except for the pivotal moment, a fight between Farf player Ichi Tuzzio and our captain, Dravid Scott. It was nearing the end of the match, and already their had been scuffles between our players and their players. This came to a head when Tuzzio and Scott became very involved in a verbal slanging match, which looked like it might lead to blows. Luckily, other players were on hand to rip apart the two players and break up the fight. Both players were carded, and at the end Scott refused to shake Tuzzio's outstretched, but grudging, hand.

After the match, Dravid had this to say, "That utter piece of s***, he came up to me, all arrogant like, squared up to me and said, 'Oh, you think you're all big and stuff, poncing around here like you own the place. Well, man up and stop diving, like all you Apoxian's ever do.' I took this personally and responded with something along the lines of telling him to look at the rankings and see who's highest ranked. Then he called me Apoxian scum or something like that, I wasn't really aware. Luckily at that point I was held back, I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't."

Clearly there is some sort of grudge between the two player, both stars of their respective countries. Who knows which side is right in this argument, Tuzzio is clearly respected in Farfadillis, and Dravid Scott is the best Apoxian player of the professional age in Apox, so this is a very tricky moment between the two sides.

We spoke to John Grigia, the manager to here what he had to say, "Well, I didn't actually see the incident, I was unable to manage that match,but it seems like everything went to pot in that match. I'll have words with Dravid just to see where his head is and make sure he's still in the right frame of mind to captain his country. He's a good role-model normally, this issue will have to be resolved."
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:45 am

“Rimolanao, come in here for a second.”

“Yes, Mr. President?”

“We’ve been noticing a lack of team spirit lately.”

“Well, sir, there haven’t been many tournaments recently. The fans don’t have much to cheer for.”

“That may be part of it, but we need a long term solution. Something that will keep the fans up and ready to go for every tournament that rolls around.”

“Do you mean like an official fan club, sir?”

“No, there are already so many clubs. We don’t need another one. What we need is something that nobody else has. Something that makes us unique.”

“Well, sir, we’ve had kits ordered.”

“Do you get excited by pieces of cloth, Rimolanao?”

“Not really.”

“Exactly. Coach Lomokanapai, we need a team anthem.”

“Like a song, you say?”

“Yes, a song. But I want you to venture far out.”

“What do you mean, sir?”

“I want you to go beyond the realm of this world, and enter another. I have heard of an alternate universe called Real Life. There is bound to be uniqueness there.”

“That might be a bit dangerous, don’t you think, sir?”

“I want your players to do it. They’ll be around longer than you, and they have more spirit and drive for their team. They can go searching after each time they play a match.”

“We need training time, too, sir.”

“I know. I have a device you can use to change universes.”

“A device?”

“Not important what it is. The point is, you need to start now.”

“Yessir. Will do.”

OOC: So here is the challenge: to find my team an anthem. I’ll be adapting RL national anthems and club chants/songs each day for my RP. The twist is that you can help steer the direction of it. The first person to correctly guess the source of the day’s song may choose the region from which the next day’s song originates. For example, you could say either “National anthem from Europe,” or “Club anthem from Germany.” Basically, name the continent for a national anthem or the country for a club anthem. Good luck. The first challenge is posted below.

OOC 2: This RP line, for those of you who keep track of such things, is indeed very similar to THE’s line in WC 62. I ran it by him to gain his permission for me to use the ‘template’; he has granted its use.

OOC 3: Secundus Kasius has correctly identified the Marseillaise, the French national anthem

Arise, descendants of the Polynesians,
The cup of glory has arrived!
Us, against tyranny,
The Vaian flag is raised
The Vaian flag is raised
Hear you, in the countryside,
The roar of these ferocious opponents?
They come into your very arms
To butcher your keeper, your defenders!
To arms, players,
Form your defenses,
Let’s march, Let’s march!
Let an impure blood
Speed our victory!
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Mantwenic
Envoy

Founded: May 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mantwenic » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm

MANTWENIC BROADCASTING SERVICE
Sports:
Football:
World Cup 63
World Cup 63 Preview
The Mantwenic National Team has announced their roster for the Qualifiers of World Cup 63. Mantwenic no longer has the status it once had in the World Cup. After four consecutive World Cups that Mantwenic had not entered, Mantwenic started its quest back to the top in World Cup 62 unranked. In 8 years Mantwenic went from 36th in the world to unranked. Everyone apart of this Mantwenic squad realizes that it will take a long time to reach the staus that they once had achieved but nothing is stopping the lads from going out on the pitch and giving it their all. Manager Joseph Sanders is entering his first World Cup with the team after coaching them in AOCAF 38 in which the team was a goal shy from earning a trip to the round of 16. Overall there was much to be pleased with in Mantwenic's performance in AOCAF 38. We will see first hand weather or not it carries over to the World Cup Qualifiers.
The Bobcats are led by forward Christian Drummer who has gained international exposure as a member of Ferlullalae FC in Farfadillis. Drummer was Mantwenic's leading goal scorer in the AOCAF and will most likely net the most goals in these Qualifiers. Look for Brandon Lisbon to step up during the Qualifiers as well.
Despite the fact that unless a miracle occurs the National team will likely not advance to the next round this time, fans are still flocking to buy tickets to see the boys in Black and Yellow. It will be a joy to see Mantwenic back in World Cup contention one day. Untill that day comes again, we will enjoy the football that they will put on display for us to watch during these World Cup Qualifiers. Stay tuned throughout the Qualifiers as we will bring you coverage of the Mantwenic National Team as they represent our nation in the World Cup.

OOC: I will be away for 5 days starting tomorrow and will not be back until January 2nd. More RPing will occur after that date.
Mantwenic National Anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOumHihLQSU

Member of Olympic Council
Accomplishments:
Qualified for WC 54
Qualified for WC 55

Mantwenic Broadcasting Service website: http://mbsnews24-7.blogspot.com/

Bongo Johnson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bongo Johnson » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

"It's going to be an uphill battle."

Evan Markey sat down after a long day watching his World Cup squad run drills in the blazing heat. Ever since the nation was admitted to enroll in the World Cup qualification rounds, things were not going as he had planned. What looked like a qualifying team in World Cup 62 had degenerated into a soulless, effortless, and emotionless team. They stopped caring after a few losses and ties. They lost their heart.

"Isn't it always? All you'd have to do is look at the latter half of the qualifying rounds during the last World Cup to prove that" his assistant coach, Zack Murbag, tossed in. He was exhausted. Everything became exhausting when preparing for a World Cup.

Evan cringed at the second reminder to last year's crushing downfall. Slowly twisting off the cap of a bottle of Boilinger 98, bought with team funds, he was going to drown his dubiousness yet again. It was going to be a long road just to get to the first matchday.
Proud host of World Bowl XXXII and World Bowl XXXIII
Appearances: 2 (82, 83)
Current rank: 148th
Highest rank: 41st (83)
Lowest rank: 262nd (79)
Best finish: Round 1 (82, 83)

G.A.F.A. I Undefeated Season and Champions
G.A.F.A. II 11-0 Regular Season

Groteberg
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Groteberg » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:46 pm

December 27, 2012
Herbert van Lorenz was showing a picture of the sun and the Grotebergish team mistook it for creamed corn. What are those morons, dumb? The whole team (even the never-been-bored-since-1986 Renatus Lodewijk) is bored. They discover that they are going to Aguazul/Turori for the World Cup 63.
Lymantatia's third puppet.
GOS Daily News

Aguazul
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Aguazul » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

OOC: The draw is now available in the first post. Of course, my characters' viewpoints are just that, no OOC disrespect is intended!

On a stage in Ciudad Peralta, a venue more suited to unskilled guitar concerts praising the glory of the regime than most events related to sports, Pedro Flores began the World Cup 63 qualifying draw. The auditorium was filled with visitors; players and managers, heads of football affairs, all and sundry. And throughout the world, anyone who couldn't make it to Aguazul for the draw could watch a live feed streaming the events as the little balls were drawn from the ten pots.

This covered a lot of ground, but omitted one important segment of people; those who didn't need to make it to Aguazul for the draw, since they were already in the country, and also wanted to watch.

They could have gotten the international feed, too. By all accounts, should have. Were it not for the three individuals crouched in an attic above the stage.

"Testing...testing...one two three..." Claudia Hernandez whispered into the microphone. "Hello world...well...Aguazul anyway."

From the door, the hefty form of Mayor Oliva (not actually a mayor) turned back. "Say something relevant, assume you're on air."

"Okay. Yeah. Welcome to the World Cup 63 qualifying draw!"

There was an obligatory halfhearted guitar introduction downstairs, the powers that be having evidently decided on something a bit classier and a whole lot less fun than the punk rock groups that had sprung up within very special military divisions.

"Greetings, comrades," Hernandez grinned as the draw began with the bottom pot, Chunnan making their way into the first group.

The security around the building had been decent, but not that great; Oliva was able to get them in with a few choice words and an ID she wasn't sure was legitimate. It had seemed all right, but he seemed almost disappointed. "Anyone could have blown this place up," he had said. "Murder a bunch of idiots who just care about their game, and then where'd we be? On the run and looking bad."

"Did people try? Back in 55?"

"I don't think so, though I can hardly speak for the other half of the draw. But it wouldn't have surprised me. Just the same old bloodshed. What you want to try...getting people to believe in this, using the draw as a tool? That takes finesse. This is why I'm with you, win or lose, I have to see how this goes down."

Win or lose. Nothing inevitable, nothing predetermined, but the chance to make a difference.

Somehow, the tiniest member of their revolutionary cell had gotten access to a security code that would allow him to cut into even Flores' broadcast. Hernandez had no idea what this had cost him, but given that he was still walking around on two good legs, it clearly could not have been that much.

"In group five," said Flores, "Cataduanes!"

"Cataduaaaaanes!" Hernandez repeated. "A team making its return after a long absence, recovering from war. Welcome back!"

In the penultimate group came Riyahda, the only bottom seed with any ranking points to its name. Then it was on to pot nine.

"In group two, Tyrants!"

"Tyrants," sighed Hernandez. "They don't mince words about it, do they? No false "republic" for them. And look where they are; down with .38 of a KPB point. Good riddance. Aguazuleños, look past the lies; this is where tyranny gets you."

"In group nine, Northern Artic Islands!"

"That's A R T I C Islands, I think they mean Ártico," Hernandez translated. "but it's spelled incorrectly. Wouldn't you like to have gone to a school? A place where you could learn how to read! And write! And correct your friends over spelling! There are places where the government builds schools for people, but you need to learn how to stand up and demand it."

Pot eight. "In group eleven, Royalsoldiers! Group twelve, Old Guard!"

"These are the kinds of teams that are out there," said Hernandez. "Royal soldiers are a joke of a name, outgone monarchies can afford to play games while our sham republic is drafting children to die overseas. Old Guard? These are just children, getting thrown into the army and killed for no reason. But there are other ways out there! You have to fight for it yourselves."

On to pot seven. "In group eleven, The Pazhujeb Islands! They inherit the KPB rank of their predecessor state, Kagdazka and Pazhujebu."

The small rebel looked over from the window, where he was keeping close tabs on the proceedings. "Kagdazka and Pazhujebu? But they don't have anything to do with encouraging a revolution."

"I know," said Hernandez, "but I want to be a quality commentator as far as the draw goes. Make people listen to me, not just tune me out because I'm advocating rebellion."

"Good point."

"Group fifteen," said Flores, "The Inevitable Syndicate!"

"Inevitable Syndicate, huh?" said Hernandez. "Now, I know what you're thinking, that I'm going to say that some communist revolution is inevitable. Well, you're wrong. It's evitable. The dictatorship has been doing a pretty good job of eviting it for many, many, years. But change, some kind of change, is possible. Every one of you has the power to make a change."

Pot six. "In group three, Homelands our! Group four, Bloodbath Generation!"

"You know, our homelands were a beautiful place, once. Lakes. Trees, even! Now some amount of change is all right, we make use of the resources we have, but right now, it's sort of a wasteland. We can change that. There are other people's homelands too, not ours, others', also nice." She remembered Blackacre, and how not too long ago she had just wanted to fight for it, let the rest of Aguazul go its own way. But meeting Oliva, sneaking back in...maybe she was setting her goals too high, but somehow she thought she couldn't be contented with anything less. "...where generations have been cut down in bloodbaths. These could be our allies, could be our trading partners, but instead we're wasting time and money and lives trying to take them over."

Pot five. "Group one, 19th Century Beards!"

"Give alternative political theories a chance. If not for the content, just to check out the beards. And who knows, you might find something you agree with. Right here I've got the, uh, Democrats into Failed Utopianism? The heck is this?"

"Er, Manifiesto del Partido Comunista," blushed Oliva, "we had some trouble with the anagram machine."

"Don't do that. Um. Okay, so maybe you can't read. Here's the deal, it doesn't have to be a bloodbath, we don't have to get rid of all the institutions that matter to you. Maybe incremental change will get us somewhere."

Pot four. "Group eighteen, Boring Paradise!"

The smaller man snorted. "They'd better not get drawn against Wight."

Hernandez rolled her eyes. "Again, if you expect me to say something dismissive of institutionalized religion, this is not the time. This is the time to point out that maybe having a theocracy is not a good idea...that whatever your faith, it will sound most true when all your fellow citizens are free to worship as they choose. To the religious leaders listening out there now, know that we want to seek justice and aid charity. Help us along the way! Perhaps we cannot build a perfect world in this lifetime, but we can begin changes."

Pot three. "Group thirteen, Audioslavia! Group fourteen, Apox!"

"We've got some winners of regional tournaments here, the champions of Atlantian Oceania and Esportiva making their way to the global stage! Remember, folks, we have actual legitimate football commentary here! We're not strangers, we're not trying to blow stuff up, we are fellow citizens and fans like you."

"Astograth are the Rushmori champions," said Oliva, "are they in group fifteen?"

"I don't know, they're in the second pot."

"Oh. Okay. Look, all this encouragement is good, but can we tell people an exact place and time to meet? To give them advice on revolution?"

"An exact place and time? No, the military will know where to kill us off, how dumb are you?"

"It was just a suggestion. But what are we going to do?"

"I'll think of something."

On to pot two. "Group five, Legalese!"

"Our government is full of lies," Hernandez went on, "they go on about freedom, but you never know what they'll try to get you for next. According to neutral observers, over forty percent of our population will eventually get "disappeared" by the government. Another sixteen percent they don't try to hide, just kill off. Over half the country! Even if you don't think you want change, they could come for you tomorrow. Like it or not, you're statistically a threat already. You might as well try to change things."

"Group fifteen, Astograth!"

"Like I said," said Oliva.

"Group eighteen, Wight!"

"This is going well," muttered the other guy.

"You're the one with the view," said Hernandez, "has anyone been injured downstairs?"

"No. Good point."

Finally, it was onto the last pot. "And let's be fair," said Oliva, "we like pot just as much as anyone else does."

"Now, our government's taken a rather libertarian approach," Hernandez said, "but there are some moral conservatives who would crack down on pot if they wanted."

"Group one, Taeshan!"

"Setting up some Rushmori rivalries over there in the first group."

"Group four, The Holy Empire!"

"A clash of interminable autocracies. I can hardly contain my excitement."

"Group eight, the, er, Avatarian team?"

"Setting up a dash rivalry with the Kiri, anyway."

"Group ten, The Babbage Islands!"

"Whose encounter with the second seeds, Michael VII, will no doubt be thrilling for some other inscrutable reason."

"Group fifteen, Vilita!"

"The neighbors of our esteemed fellow hosts will have to go through the qualifying process themselves."

"And finally, in group eighteen, New Montreal States!" Back inside the auditorium, balloons and confetti went off, as Flores smiled at another successful draw devoid of any injuries.

"Who'll take on their fellow Cup of Harmony hosts in the qualifiers," Hernandez noted. "Now, if you've enjoyed this broadcast and want to hear more..."

Oliva turned quickly. "Military, they're onto us. Let's go!"

"I have to tell people where we can meet them!"

"No time for that. Run!"

Hernandez gestured down at her wheelchair. "Not an option."

"Okay, well, we can't meet people if we're dead. You should bail."

With a sigh, Hernandez dropped the microphone and they followed Oliva out of the building as stealthily as they could. "No sign of any of them. Are you sure they were here?"

"Positive, we made it just in time," he said.

"Whatever. We have all qualifiers to change people's minds. Let's do this, and maybe by the finals...we'll be ready."
Last edited by Aguazul on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
La República del Aguazul

Astograth: Epée
Astograth: No idea where the tilde goes there
Val|WI: accent
Astograth: Tilde.
Val|WI: Tilde is this one: ~
Astograth: That's squiggly line

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 am

Let us interview the nations who are on our group, OR ELSE!
Starblaydia (38)
They have the Di Bradini Cup every WC.
Bloodbath Generation (UR)
I don't know.
West Angola (47)
I don't know.
Vakolic (UR)
I don't know.
Anollasia (92)
I don't know.
Cambirano (UR)
I don't know.
The Holy Empire (1)
The Holy Empire are the winners of the World Cup 62.
Kishrael (40)
They are a Jewish nation in Flegavia. Too bad that's the only thing I can say.
Vettrera (UR)
Believe it or not, they've hosted the U15 World Championships.
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:02 pm

"We're screwed"

"Yep"

Dragons Predictions

MD1: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Asteran (UR) (@ New Amzterdam Arena (82,000) Prediction: 4-0
MD2: Ossidiaqcua (56) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Il Collesio (103,450) Prediction: 3-1
MD3: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Kintratar (154) (@ Ashbaarn Park (62,000) Prediction: 1-0
MD4: The Inevitable Syndicate (208) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Flynn Arena (100,000) Prediction: 1-2
MD5: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Farfadillis (74) (@ Eindhoven Municipal Park (34,000)) Prediction: 2-4
MD6: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Astograth (21) (@ KAM Park (51,000) Prediction: 0-3
MD7: Exarsus (329) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Unknown) Prediction: 0-2
MD8: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Lalo Limahina (274) (@ Kanveer Park (17,000) Prediction: 2-1
MD9: Vilita (6) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Unknown) Prediction: 4-1

MD10: Asteran (UR) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ The Nat (91,000) Prediction: 1-2
MD11: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Ossidiaqcua (56) (@ Ashbaarn Park (62,000) Prediction: 0-1
MD12: Kintratar (154) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Unknown) Prediction: 0-1
MD13: Cyborg Holland (117) vs The Inevitable Syndicate (208) (@ Kanveer Park (17,000) Prediction: 2-0
MD14: Farfadillis (74) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ I7'snerra (150,000) Prediction: 3-1
MD15: Astograth (21) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Unknown) Prediction: 4-2
MD16: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Exarsus (329) (@ Brullik Highpark Ground (2,700) Prediction: 3-0
MD17: Lalo Limahina (274) vs Cyborg Holland (117) (@ Unknown) Prediction: 2-2
MD18: Cyborg Holland (117) vs Vilita (6) (@ New Amzterdam Arena (82,000) Prediction: 1-4

Total Prediction: 9W - 1D - 8L - 27 points - 4th Place

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Darmeni World Cup 63 Preview

15Carmadin
9 previous meetings, 6 wins for Darmen, 2 draws, 1 win for Carmadin

Carmadin made a stunning run to the Quaterfinals of World Cup 62, before losing to Bears Armed 3-0. As our next door neighbors, the rivalry between the two of us is absolutely on fire, expect lots of fans to travel for their teams' road match. Histroy puts Darmen as the favorites, but KPB Rankings give Carmadin the edge. Series will most likely be split, with each team winning their home match.

35Jeruselem
No previous meetings

It's hard to tell exactly what the two meetings between the All Greens and Jeruselem have in store. Jeruselem finished a disapointing third in Group 2 last World Cup, behind Wight and Turori. The series could go either way, but the All Greens will definately have the upper hand at Borg El Beat, and will be looking for at least a point when they travel to Jeruselem.

73Jedi8246
1 previous meeting, 1 win for Darmen

The two teams previously played against each other in an International Friendly, which ended with a score of 3-1, Darmen taking the victory. That match was over fourteen months ago though, and the teams are quite different from the two teams that met in the previous meeting. Darmen should be able to take away six points from the two meetings, but it wouldn't be a huge suprise if Jedi8246 manages to hold the All Greens to a draw at their home stadium.

106Cuboneland
No previous meetings

They made it to the Quarterfinals of the latest Cup of Harmony, losing to Milchama 2-1. They're not a team to be taken lightly and Darmen will have to be on top of their game when the two teams meet. All in all though, Darmen should have the upper hand, and a minimum of four points is to be expected from the two matches.

152Super-Llamaland
No previous meetings

They really haven't done a whole lot, finishing seventh in their Qualifying Group last time around. Six points should be gained easily by the All Greens.

190Silar
No previous meetings

Somehow, Silar managed to take part in two Baptisms of Fire, money obviously behind it (Although the Kazzorian Officials in charge of Silar's group apparently misspelled the nations name, adding another l, which could possibly explain the situation without any bribery involved). Anyways, at the 40th Baptism of Fire, Silar finished third in their group, which included Mytannion. At the 50th Baptism of Fire, Silar made it to the Quarterfinals, before being defeated by Secundus Kasius, 4-2 after extra time. Conspiracy theories aside, the All Greens should get six points from Silar.

231Velkomorave
No previous meetings

Volkomorave is the second team from the 50th Baptism of Fire to make it to the Quarterfinals in the All Greens' Qualifying Group. They lost to San Potato by the margin of four goals. Six Points? We think so.

341Pacificius
No previous meetings

Pacificius ended their Baptism of Fire campaign dead last in their group, which included Velkomorave. Blah, blah, blah, this is kinda getting boring now isn't it? Six points.

URKericia
No previous meetings

They haven't played internationaly in quite a while, so it's hard to judge. The UICA released these standings a couple of months ago, ranking each country in terms of its domestic leagues. Darmen was ranked 40th, and Kericia was ranked 113th. Otherwise, Kericia last made an International appearence in World Cup 54. They're dangerous, but the All Green's have the advantage. Six points.

MD1 @ Silar                                       DBSC
MD2 vs. Pacificius @ Colosus Romanopolis DBSC 7:00p.m.
MD3 @ Kericia DBSC
MD4 vs. Velkomorave @ Aris Field DBSC 3:00p.m.
MD5 @ Jedi8246 DBC
MD6 vs. Cuboneland @ Darmen National Stadium DBSC 3:00p.m.
MD7 @ Jeruselem DBC
MD8 vs. Super-Llamaland @ Colosus Romanopolis DBSC 3:00p.m.
MD9 @ Carmadin DBC
MD10 vs. Silar @ Darmen National Stadium DBSC 3:00p.m.
MD11 @ Pacificius DBSC
MD12 vs. Kericia @ Aris Field DBSC Noon
MD13 @ Velkomorave DBSC
MD14 vs. Jedi8246 @ Borg El Beat DBC 7:00p.m.
MD15 @ Cuboneland DBSC
MD16 vs. Jeruselem @ Borg El Beat DBC 7:00p.m.
MD17 @ Super-Llamaland DBSC
MD18 vs. Carmadin @ Borg El Beat DBC 7:30p.m.

Quotes from the World Cup Draw

"OBJECTION!" - Georges Thomas, multiple times.

"THE WESTLANDS ARE OURS!" - Georges Thomas, every time the word "Valladares" was spoken by anybody.

"MOAR SCOTCH!" - Georges Thomas, multiple times.

"DARMEN SHALL PREVAIL!" - Georges Thomas, multiple times.

"SLEMBANANA!" - Georges Thomas, following the announcement that Slembana had been drawn into Group 18.

"INVADE CARMADIN!" - Georges Thomas, following the announcement that Carmadin had been drawn into 6, along with Darmen.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

The Inevitable Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inevitable Syndicate » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Groups Drawn for World Cup 63
Ciudad Peralta, AGUAZUL---- The Inevitable Syndicate, along with over 100 other countries, have found out which group they will be competing in for a spot in the World Cup. Below is ILN's analysis of each team that is in group 15, the group we reside in for the tournament.

Kintratar Rank: 154
The Inevitable Syndicate has seen this team once, before, where we dominated them in the Under-15's World Championship. This time might not be so easy, however, as our national team doesn't seem to be as good as our youth team.

Cyborg Holland Rank: 117
Hotshots of Esportiva, the Cyborg Holland team for the World Cup is looking pretty strong, with some famous names such as Osarian Lam van Agarten taking a striker spot in the team. They (rather vainly, may we add) predict that they will beat us 2-0 in our match against them, but I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe 2-1.

Astograth Rank: 21
Hosts of the previous World Cup, Astograth are back to show us the ropes. They are ranked very highly, compared to us, so we'll probably be beaten. Being a Rushmori nation, we sense a deep rivalry could form between the two teams, but only time will tell how they perform.

Exrasus Rank: 329
Being a lower rank than us, Exrasus may run into some trouble during their World Cup tour. However, rank isn't everything, and the team will need to try their hardest to beat them.

Lalo Limahina Rank: 274
Our friends from Atlantian Oceania and the Baptism of Fire 50, Lalo Limahina proved to be a competent team. The Syndicate won't show any mercy however, and as a result won't expect any from this team.

Vilita Rank: 6
One of Atlantian Oceania's regional superpowers and within the top ten teams in the multiverse, Vilita have proved time and again they can step up to the plate and score when needed. Don't expect a win from us. If you do expect a win, we suggest spending a lot of money on this week's lottery.

Asteran Rank: None
An interesting team with an interesting squad, we'll have to see how it plays out.

Ossidiacqua Rank: 56
Assassins, Plagues and Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey... Walls. Oh boy. Yeah, don't expect a win. Or anything to make much sense, for that matter.

Farfadillis Rank: 74
Our good friends and hosts of the first tournament the National Team entered, Farfadillis is a fantastic nation that is a welcome addition to our group. Hopefully we can face them at home, as we might die if we step inside the country again.

And that's about it! It's all eyes forward now until qualification starts, and we are in for a roller coaster ride. Be sure to catch our coverage.

Freddie Johnson
ILN Sports

The Inevitable Syndicate - Host of World Cup 66 with Audioslavia
Precursor to Mertagne (same user) and Euran Oceania Territories (IC)

Slembana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Slembana » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Slembanan team update

We have one more match to update you on in this update. This was our friendly at home to Thatius, which was played 5 days ago on Monday 20 August. We lost the game 4-1, which is not really that big a surprise, as Thatius are better than us rankings-wise. However, in our previous game against Thatius, which was in World Cup 62 qualifying, we won 3-2.

Thatius were 2-0 up at half-time. Striker Marko Voloski scored their first goal in the 32nd minute, pinging a volley into the top corner of the net. Thirteen minutes later, Jason Petković doubled Thatius’ lead. The midfielder side-footed past Toby Gapman, our goalkeeper. The ball nestled itself in the top corner of Gapman’s net, making the score 2-0 to Thatius.

At half-time, our players were fired up by a team talk from our manager, Colin Blackwell. Because of this, our players were seemingly playing with confidence. After a period of dominance, we pulled the score back to 2-1 in the 54th minute. The scorer was Freddie Spencer, our right-back, who bulleted a bicycle kick into the net. This goal gave us hope, and, for a short time, it looked like we would equalize. However, Thatius killed the game off in the 76th minute, with defender Lukas Kyrlenko nodding home a cross. Seven minutes later, it was 4-1 to Thatius, with Voloski pouncing on a loose ball, before smashing into the top corner of the net. This goal well and truly killed us off, and the game ended 4-1 to Thatius. This is not a good preparation for our first game of World Cup 63 qualifying, which will be at home to rivals Free Swiss States.

However, unlike the other updates we have produced, this update is special, as it also covers something other than a match which we have played. This something is the World Cup draw. We have been put in a “mixed” kind of group – one that is not too easy, but not too hard.

We have been drawn alongside New Montreal States, Wight, Octinstine, Boring Paradise, Cowardly Pacifists, Secundus Kasius, Free Swiss States, Amelio, and last but not least, Burchadinger. Out of these teams, we know four of them (New Montreal States, Wight, Boring Paradise, Free Swiss States) better than the others. We know a good amount about Amelio, Cowardly Pacifists, and Burchadinger, a decent amount about Secundus Kasius, and hardly anything about Octinstine.

Out of our nine opponents, we have only played Boring Paradise, Free Swiss States, and Amelio before in top-level international football. Free Swiss States were the team we beat to win our only international trophy so far. A 1-0 loss to Amelio was one of our most embarrassing losses, while we lost 6-1 to Boring Paradise in a friendly before qualification for the last World Cup. In addition, we have played Burchadinger and Wight in youth football.

Matchday 1: Slembana (91) vs. Free Swiss States (246) (City of Chelsea Stadium, Chelsea) – Friday 31 August 2018

Prediction: Slembana 4-0 Free Swiss States

Matchday 2: Wight (28) vs. Slembana (91) – Tuesday 4 September 2018

Prediction: Wight 4-2 Slembana

Matchday 3: Slembana (91) vs. Amelio (349) (City Stadium, Bafilo) - Friday 5 October 2018

Prediction: Slembana 7-0 Amelio

Matchday 4: Octinstine (57) vs. Slembana (91) – Tuesday 9 October 2018

Prediction: Octinstine 3-0 Slembana

Matchday 5: Slembana (91) vs. Burchadinger (UR) (Jakers Stadium, Vanderlei) – Friday 2 November 2018

Prediction: Slembana 3-1 Burchadinger

Matchday 6: Slembana (91) vs. Boring Paradise (63) (Atshakov Stadium, Yavelsk) – Tuesday 6 November 2018

Prediction: Slembana 3-0 Boring Paradise

Matchday 7: Cowardly Pacifists (133) vs. Slembana (91) – Friday 7 December 2018

Prediction: Cowardly Pacifists 0-1 Slembana

Matchday 8: Slembana (91) vs. New Montreal States (18) (Royal Slembanan Stadium, Bafilo) – Tuesday 11 December 2018

Prediction: Slembana 4-3 New Montreal States

Matchday 9: Secundus Kasius (179) vs. Slembana (91) – Friday 4 January 2019

Prediction: Secundus Kasius 2-2 Slembana

Matchday 10: Free Swiss States (246) vs. Slembana (91) – Tuesday 8 January 2019

Prediction: Free Swiss States 0-4 Slembana

Matchday 11: Slembana (91) vs. Wight (28) (Royal Slembanan Stadium, Bafilo) – Friday 1 February 2019

Prediction: Slembana 1-3 Wight

Matchday 12: Amelio (349) vs. Slembana (91) – Tuesday 5 February 2019

Prediction: Amelio 2-1 Slembana

Matchday 13: Slembana (91) vs. Octinstine (57) (Pitts-Williamson Stadium, Anderson City) – Friday 1 March 2019

Prediction: Slembana 2-0 Octinstine

Matchday 14: Burchadinger (UR) vs. Slembana (91) – Tuesday 5 March 2019

Prediction: Burchadinger 0-3 Slembana

Matchday 15: Boring Paradise (63) vs. Slembana (91) – Friday 29 March 2019

Prediction: Boring Paradise 0-1 Slembana

Matchday 16: Slembana (91) vs. Cowardly Pacifists (133) (Redland Stadium, Hardvesk) – Tuesday 2 April 2019

Prediction: Slembana 3-0 Cowardly Pacifists

Matchday 17: New Montreal States (18) vs. Slembana (91) – Friday 4 October 2019

Prediction: New Montreal States 2-1 Slembana

Matchday 18: Slembana (91) vs. Secundus Kasius (179) (United Stadium, Bafilo) – Tuesday 8 October 2019

Prediction: Slembana 3-0 Secundus Kasius

Taking our predictions into account, here’s what final our record will look like:
Played 18
Won 12
Drew 1
Lost 5
Scored 45
Conceded 20
Goal difference +25
Points 37

This record will probably be enough for a high position in the group – around about 3rd. However, it is unlikely to become true.

Silar
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Silar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Friday, December 28, 2012
The Silaran Evening Telegraph

Chevaliers Bumped by Secundus Kasius in AET at Baptism, Move onto the World Cup

SILAR DEMESNE --- A demoralizing two goals in extra time broke Silar's tie with their opponents from Secundus Kasius and eliminated them from the Baptism of Fire at the December 23 quarter-finals of the Baptism of Fire in Apox. "Really, we had a pretty good run," said Luther Lewis, striker for the Chevaliers, "Sure, I would have liked to have made it into the semi-finals or finals even, but that just didn't happen. And on the bright side, I got to be home for Christmas which made Ma happy." Silar went out onto the pitch with a perfect record and with Lewis holding one of the better scoring records in the tournament. Unfortunately, the Secundus Kasius team proved too much for Silar's defense and the game ended with a 2-2 tie that was broken in extra time ending 4-2 in Secundus Kasius's favor.

Silar now moves onto the regular season of the World Cup, placed in group 6 with a first match against Darmen in Silar. After a short break for Christmas, the Chevaliers have been hard at practice, braving Silar's early winter to prepare for their matches. "Seeing as this is our first World Cup, we're not really expecting much." Said Sir Archibald Dent, manager for the Chevaliers, "We had our run at the Baptism, right now, we're just hoping to try and win a couple games and see where it takes us."

There are rumors that several friendly matches may be arranged before the beginning of matches for the World Cup.

World Cup Schedule
1. Silar v Darmen --- Home: Royal Stadium, Silar Demesne
2. Silar v Kericia --- Home: Royal Stadium, Silar Demesne
3. Jedi8246 v Silar --- Away
4. Silar v Jerusalem --- Home: Royal Stadium, Silar Demesne
5. Carmadin v Silar --- Away
6. Silar v Pacificius --- Home: Royal Stadium, Silar Demesne
7. Velkomorave v Silar --- Away
8. Silar v Cuboneland --- Home: Royal Stadium, Silar Demesne
9. Super-Llamaland v Silar --- Away
10. Darmen v Silar --- Away
11. Kericia v Silar --- Away
12. Silar v Jedi8246 --- Home: The Grand Ducal Park, Camen City
13. Jerusalem v Silar --- Away
14. Silar v Carmadin --- Home: The Grand Ducal Park, Camen City
15. Pacificus v Silar --- Away
16. Silar v Velkomorave --- Home: The Grand Ducal Park, Camen City
17. Cuboneland v Silar --- Away
18. Silar v Super-Llamaland --- Home: The Grand Ducal Park, Camen City
His Royal and Serene Majesty Pius Alartho, By God's Grace, High King of Silar and its Commonwealth, Defender and Protector of the Holy and Catholic Faith
Embassy Program - Factbook - King Georges Alban International Airport - The Silaran Evening Telegraph - Silaran Public Affairs Network
A Catholic nation? Why not join the Catholic Church?! - Silar is Prefect of the CDF
A Christian Nation (Catholic or no)? Why not join the Grand Inter-Denominational Christian Alliance?! - Silar is a member state

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Silar conspiracy thickens

Despite the Silaran Evening Telegraph's claims that this is Silar's first appearence, the Darmeni Soccer Federation has gathered evidence to suggest otherwise. "In fact, Silar played an important role in deciding who would be champion of the 53rd World Cup," said DSF Historian, Robert Moltoun. "The telegraph announcing their entry into the 53rd World Cup, and its corresponding Baptism of Fire, clearly is marked as being sent by Silar. Yet at some point in time, someone at the Kazzorian FA misspelled the name of the country adding another "L" to it. The Pasargan and Somewhereistonian authorities must have mistaken this as the nation's real name, because all official records from that World Cup have Silar spelled as "Sillar." In fact Silar played a key role in that World Cup."

Silar, under the name of Sillar, was drawn into Group 3, along with Valanora, Ad'ihan, and eventuall champions, Dorian and Sonya. On the final matchday, with Valanora already securing themselves a spot in the final 32 (in fact they finished qualifying undfeated), Dorian and Sonya travelled to the Group Leaders for their final match, while Ad'ihan went to Silar. Silar defeated Ad'ihan, 2-0, while Valanora defeated Dorian and Sonya, 2-1. Had Ad'ihan defeated Silar, Ad'ihan would've advanced to the final 32, while Dorian and Sonya would've most likely taken part in the Cup of Harmony. Even a draw from Ad'ihan would've been enough for them to advance, had Dorian and Sonya still lost. Instead, Dorian and Sonya was the team which advanced, and eventually they hoisted the World Cup Trophy, defeating Albundania, 5-1.

The Darmeni Soccer Federation so far has not taken any action regarding Silar's two appearences in the Baptism of Fire, something prohibited by the World Cup Council Constitution. The DSF could lodge a formal protest with the WCC, asking that Silar forfeit all of it's current KPB ranking points, but it's unlikely to do so, as rankings don't mean anything.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm

The Artemis Project...The Artemis Project....
Ever since Beatrice had left Vettrera en route to Aguazul, nothing else had been on her mind. She spent the entire flight wondering what she may have learned that would make her a threat. The Artemis Project didnn't even have anything to do with Vettrera. It's only purpose was to infilitrate allies of enemy nations to see how much they knew about Vettrera. She had done very little during her stay in "Artemis Countries" anyway. She hadn't killed anybody, she didn't even sabotage a world leader. Her conscience was clear, and any sensitive information she did know probably had a double meaning hidden to her anyway. Even still, Beatrice was worried. So much so that she had no objection to leaving the Valoria Sporting Commision HQ to travel with Vettrera's lackluster soccer program, ranked 257th, for World Cup 63. At the very least, she was safe for now, and there was no use obsessing over something she didn't even remember at the time. She had more pressing matters to deal with at the moment, with the group draws begining any second. During the group draw Beatrice wrote notes for the National team to follow about whom they were up against. Vettrera was one of the last teams to be drawn, finding themselves placed in Group 4. "Okay, okay..." she thought. "There's powerhouse teams in Starblaydia and West Angola. We are also placed with last year's champions; The Holy Empire. Then of course there's Vakolic, whom they catered to in the U15 world championship earlier this year. We should be able to walk away with at least one win against them. Then there's Kishrael, who's allies with Vettrera's Protectorate, Calvarie. That then leaves Bloodbath Generation, who we should win against. And Lymantatia, who shouldn't be much of a challenge. I think 6th or 7th is plausible for the Tempests."

Beatrice finally exhaled, finding solace in the competitive nature of sports, ignoring any fears of her possible assassination. She had always found it best to keep busy when bad things were going on. And the World Cup may just be a big enough deal to keep her mind off her past...
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Estope WC63 Preview

Postby Estope » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Group 11
#186 The Pazhujeb Islands
Formally known as Kagdazka and Pazhujebu. They are returning to the World Cup for the first time since World Cup 40. They are the biggest wild card in the group since they were very good a long time ago and have loads of tradition. However, coming back after that long of a gap they are sure to be a bit rusty and not nearly as good as they once were. This could be two wins for Estope but could just as easily turn into two losses.
#45 Equestrian States
The Equestrian States are a very esteemed sporting nation. Estope faced the Equestrian States in the Di Bradini Cup 25 but lost a close game. That match though was between entirely different players and should not be similar to this match at all. The Equestrian States have always been very competitive in World Cup qualifications even though they seem to always barely fall short. They nearly qualified last year but lost in a playoff match. This year seems to be their year as they field their best team yet and they hope to compete for second in the group. This will almost certainly be two losses for Estope.
#75 Megadia
They are ranked higher than us but little in known about their team. They finished 5th in their group last world cup. Megadia seems to be a descent team but Estope could pull off an upset win against them. This series could be split with Estope winning at home but losing on the road.
#269 Royalsoldiers
They are a new team to the World Cup so Estope should perform well against them but nothing is ever certain. They have played a few friendlies before the World Cup and have won both. However, we can feel pretty confident that this will be two wins for Estope.
#314 Argo Islands
Another young team but one much worse than Royalsoldiers. Royalsoldiers beat them 9-1 in a friendly. Argo Islands seems to be a descent team but lack experience and really aren't that competitive. They should be two easy wins for Estope.
#16 Yesopalitha
Hands down the best team in the group. They are so talented and well rounded that there is almost no way that we can steal a win. Not only should they win against Estope, they are also hands down favorites to win the group. This will undoubtedly be two losses for Estope.
#29 Carpathia and Ruthenia
Another very good team that Estope will have a hard time competing with. A co-host of last years World Cup, they are always very good. Estope will struggle to compete with Carpathia and Ruthenia, who will be vying for group champion. Almost certainly two losses for Estope.
#145 Estope
We should be much improved from last year although not anywhere near the level to compete for qualification. Manger Emanuel Inzer is under pressure to perform after underachieving after the BoF. To help secure his job, Inzer has made numerous additions to his staff to help improve the team. Every player from last year's team is returning so there is much more experience and confidence for this team. With a larger coaching staff and a more experienced team, Estope hopes to perform much better than their embarrassing 3-10-1 record in group qualification stages last year. Predicted Record: 10-8
Legokiller
An unranked and unknown nation. Even with our lack of knowledge this should be two easy wins for Estope.
#104 Blouman Empire
With a new coach, the Blouman Empire hopes to be more competitive in World Cup qualification. They are a fairly new nation like us but have had some success here before. they have a higher ranking than us but are not that much better. This should probably be a split series with one win and one loss.
Round 1
Megadia v Estope
Round 2
Estope v Royalsoldiers
Round 3
Argo Islands v Estope
Round 4
Estope v Yesopalitha
Round 5
Carpathia and Ruthenia v Estope
Round 6
Blouman Empire v Estope
Round 7
Estope v Legokiller
Round 8
The Pazhujeb Islands v Estope
Round 9
Estope v Equestrian States
Round 10
Estope v Megadia
Round 11
Royalsoldiers v Estope
Round 12
Estope v Argo Islands
Round 13
Yesopalitha v Estope
Round 14
Estope v Carpathia and Ruthenia
Round 15
Estope v Blouman Empire
Round 16
Legokiller v Estope
Round 17
Estope v The Pazhujeb Islands
Round 18
Equestrian States v Estope
Last edited by Estope on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:43 pm

The press conference was just ten minutes away, now. New Audioslavia manager Israel Klimt straightened his tie for the fourteenth time. He hadn't been counting. His assistant, David Radic, had. David had tried to warn Israel off the job, tried to educate Klimt on the men that had tried and failed before him, or tried, achieved a moderate level of success, and been hounded out anyway. He'd talked at length about Andre-Luis Partico, with whom David had studied for his coaching badges just a few years ago. Partico had been a smart man with a keen footballing brain, he'd played in Cafundeu professionally throughout his career at a time when most of the Audioslavian team were still very much amateurs. He still 'was' a good manager, and was pretty much guaranteed the position of Pacitalia boss come the next AOCAF Cup, but even despite hitting every target put in front of him as Audioslavia manager - get out of the CoH group, get out of the AOCAF Cup group, beat New Montreal States - he'd still been hounded out by a press that wanted more and an FFA that would kow-tow to any kind of media frenzy at the drop of a hat. Partico had walked even despite never having lead the team through a qualifying session.

He'd reminded Israel of Txo Morea, forever dubbed 'The Cabbage' after a frankly dreadful attempt at leading Audioslavia to World Cup 62 qualification. Txo wasn't a bad boss, maybe a bit short on experience for such a demanding job, but how quickly everyone forgot that he'd lead the national team to the AOCAF Cup 37 final, that under his tenure Audioslavia had smacked nine goals past Kiryu-Shi in just one game, had won other games by five and six goal margins, had attempted to play some free-flowing, attacking football when previous bosses had been happy to lose by one if it still meant keeping dignity. So what if Audioslavia had been destroyed 5-1 and 5-2 by Mytannion and New Montreal States, those were matches they'd have lost anyway.

David had mentioned Kelly sporadic, a great footballer in his day and a good manager too. Kelly had, in his first year in charge of the Bulls, lifted the Baptism of Fire tournament trophy and lead a very, very green Audioslavia side to the final of the thirty-fourth AOCAF cup, winning the same tournament four years later. It had seemed that Kelly Sporadic could do no wrong, but that still didn't stop the press hounding him out of his position after one bad tournament, the failure to get out of a Cup of Harmony group stage. Kelly had left in a huff, upset that no-one seemed to remember the fact that he'd lead a very under-strength side to the semi-finals of the same tournament four years previously.

And then there was the history. The distant past. One manager assassinated, another kidnapped, bundled into a van and deported after just three games - that same manager had gone on to lead a very ordinary New Montreal States team to four World Cups out of the next five. Helmut Vilkaous, the great Vilitan, was once sent on 'gardening leave' for no better reason than the fact that he wasn't Audioslavian. And then there was Dave Mill. Back in the day, Dave had lead the Audioslavians to the final of World Cup 19 and then, after picking up the pieces of that morale-busting final defeat, taken them back to the same stage in World Cup 20. He'd been sacked after one match of the World Cup 21 qualifiers. One sodding match. One defeat. Out. How quickly people forget. How quickly Israel Klimt had forgotten, common sense cast aside for the sake of a payday and a swipe at the very distant goal of qualification for a world cup. David had almost turned the job down. Back at club level, the two's partnership had lead 1830 Cathair to the city championship for three straight years. They weren't getting paid that much, but who cared? They were healthy, they could support their family, they were happy. David looked at Israel and saw a keen manager, one that would put his heart and soul into the job, but not the sort of man who could take a battering from the press. He knew his way around a football pitch, knew how to get the best out of a team of individuals, knew how to get them to work with one another, but could he outwit another international manager? Could he forge a plan to overcome Joachin Schwartz's Polarians? Could he even figure out a way to deal with the one-dimensional - but effective - Akarabad or the limited yet well-organised Liventians? David doubted it. Even with all the help he could give Israel, he doubted either of them truly had what it takes at this level.

"They're ready now, Mr. Klimt" came a voice, an FFA blazer, looking Israel up and down. Israel nodded, his right hand moved to his collar.
"It's straight" said David.
"Right. Well then... shall we?"
"Good luck mate."
"Thanks. I'll need it"

David watched as Israel waited for his name to be announced, for a smattering of applause. He put his hand to his collar, rustled his tie into a wonkey, unfashionable position, and then opened the door to the press conference. To David, the scene felt like a group of scientists applauding a volunteer about to undergo an experimental medical procedure, with everyone in the room silently aware that the volunteer was going to die.

He remembered being in a comedy club, sixteen years ago, over in Sierra Herradura, in a bar with a reputation for being the drinking hole of local militia groups, the sort that wanted independence for the Auskal heartland, away from wider Audioslavia. A magician on the stage, dying on his arse, but finding the greatest line of his career without realising it: "Can I get a volunteer from the audience?". Fifty hairy hands had shot into the air, a hundred snarling guffaws, getting louder with every second. David realised he was diving into his subconscious in an attempt to create a buffer zone between him and this harrowing reality. He didn't mind. Yes, he'd be going round the world, he'd be sat in the famous Nasjonale Stadium, pitting his wits against one of the finest teams in the world, he'd be visiting the ancient Liventia, experiencing an Akbarabadi summer, visiting the far-off, exotic (or so he hoped) lands of Traila and Jukenia, but it'd all be with an asterisk: What damage was this job going to do to him, and, more importantly, his friend, exposed all the more in the glare of the headlights of Audioslavia's media headlights.

He heard a few familiar sentences, muffled through the door. Israel's voice, sticking to the script, talking about looking forward to meeting Nethertopia on matchday one, a good yardstick by which to measure this Audioslavian team. The Polar Islandstates game, a great occasion for Kjeligsted, home of Audioslavia's 1927 Stadium, the brilliant blue of the world's number eight ranked team visiting these shores, Audioslavia striker Karsten Eiger facing familiar foes from the Polarian leagues. Praise for Karsten Eiger, runner-up for the previous season's honour of best young footballer. Praise for the experienced Joachin Schwartz, noting some of the more dangerous Polarian players, the evergreen Alexsandr van Sorensen, the dangerous Elmsvikur, Kohev Küngas-Vaga the young full-back. Israel talked about his own, ultra-young squad, praised and thanked Weverton Sporadic for agreeing to remain selectable despite his advancing years, registered his satisfaction that all but one of the first eleven he had in mind were plying their trade abroad, playing football professionally rather than in the amateur leagues of Audioslavia.

Through the door, it seemed like Israel Klimt was holding his own. David refused the offer of a cigarette from the FFA intern that had been tasked with accompanying him and Israel, and dared to dream that maybe, just maybe, this was going to work out fine.

"...any questions" came the muffled voice of an FFA spokeperson, in the conference room with Israel. David leant in closer to the door. 'All he has to do is get past this little section, and we'll be OK until at least the first matchday' thought Israel.

"Jeremy Jaffacake, Cathair Tribune. Israel. Sixteen months ago you were seen leaving a club of ill repute in Kjeligsted, with a rather mature lady who appeared at first glance to be a 'lady of the night', as it were. Would you like to comment on your use of prostitutes?"

David screwed his eyes shut and embarked on a long, painful grimace. His brain, voluntarily, shut out all sound, shut out every sensation other than his heartbeat and memories of past, happier times. He found himself walking backwards and slumping down on a chair that looked like it'd been thrown out of the a nearby inner-city comprehensive school for being too uncomfortable. He kept his eyes closed and tried not to think of the eco-systems that lived in the discarded chewing-gum beneath.

The door opened. David opened his eyes just a bit, and saw a figure resembling Israel Klimt enter the room. a trail of laughter behind him. David opened his eyes and tried to wipe away a tear that had formed on his left cheek. He got up and walked over to Israel, carefully, before putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. Israel frowned at David. A wry smile on his lips.
"What are you doing?" said Israel.
"...thought you might need consoling" said David.
"Why? Didn't you hear me? I killed it out there"
"What, but... Jeremy's question... you..."
"You didn't hear my reply?" said Israel, "I said 'how I entertain your mother is my business, and my business only." Israel grinned. "Come on, lets go for a drink. Champagne all round. Chin up, David, we've got the media onside for now, everyone except Jeremy, that is, but hey, can't win 'em all"
Israel strode through the double-doors that marked the back exit to the carpark of the FFA headquarters. David followed, hurriedly. He felt only a fraction of his partner's elation.
"Israel?"
"Yeah"
"Wouldn't have been safer to insult everyone but Jeremy Jaffacake?"
"Suppose we'll find out soon enough"
Last edited by Audioslavia on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm

"Well it certainly isn't an easy group, that much is evident."

Tearing the fax from the machine, handwritten notes from Koolhaas scribbled over the official looking piece of paper send electronically straight from the World Cup draw, Terns manager Joachim Schwartz clutched the paper in his hands and walked over to the table he was sharing in his office with his assisting coaching staff.

"Who'd we get, boss?" asked his number two, Johannes Kallstrom.

"Mesoland, Powersith, Nethertopia, Jukenia, Traila, Fewmist, Audioslavia, Liventia, Akbarabad." answered Schwartz, sitting down.

"Yikes," said Duncan Kanchelskis, "it was all going okay until you said those last three."

"Indeed," said Schwartz, "so, here's the plan; Matteus, I need you to bring me up everything you have on the bigger sides, I'm sure I can get going looking through that whilst you're off doing other things, we'll discuss the appropriate plans and see if we agree when you get back."

"Back? Back from where, boss?" asked chief opposition scout Matteus Sigurdsson.

"Back from the smaller places. Mesoland, Powersith, Jukenia, Traila, Fewmist. I know nothing about these places. I suspect that means they'll be the smaller teams we're expected to beat, but I'm not taking any chances this cycle. Last time around we were beating at home by Conclespia, and now look - I've been given an extra assistant because the FPIFA want to keep tabs on my performance."

Henning Tir opened his mouth to protest, but was cut off before the breath left his throat by Schwartz's continuation.

"I know, Henning, that you're not here to officially spy, but last cycle I was told I didn't have the budget for another high level assistant and now look, lo and behold there you are. Nothing personal, don't worry, I'm not going to hold it against you. Anyway, my point is, no more chances. No more mistakes. No more failures. And no more fracking penalty losses to Astograth. No more. Not any more. So, Matteus, you're to research and thoroughly write me up some notes on these nations I don't already have stuff to look at for. Johannes, you're to help him. I want you back in ten days so we can formulate plans and go over tactics."

Mattus and Johannes nodded at each other, making notes to get in contact with the national team secretary in charge of travel so they coupld plan their globetrotting journey.

"Duncan," continued Schwartz, clearly motivated, "in the meantime that gives you twice as long to work on fitness. Fitness, fitness, fitness. I want these guys fitter than they've ever been. Particularly focus on Eyvindur's pace, and Jean-Eric's stamina. Other than that, plenty of chances for getting them in the absolute best physical shape we can."

It was now Duncan Kanchelskis' turn to nod, aware of his role to play.

"Now," Schwartz went on, "I'm sure you don' need reminding of our dreadful record against Akbarabad in the past. Let's fix that this year, shall we? We play them in Akbarabad on the seventh matchday, let's make sure we've got a nice head of momentum by then, shall we? We start at home to Fewmist and then immediately head to Audioslavia for what will be a real test - I'm sure all of you saw what their Eiger was capable of this past season for SK."

The assembled coaches and assistants nodded, sagely. They were well aware.

"So, it's a tough group, but I think it's a winnable one." Schwartz said, shuffling his papers and looking sternly around the table. "Let's keep it tight and let's keep it fluid going forward."

"Erm," piped up Henning Tir, for the first time since the draw arrived by fax, "what about me, Joachim? What do I do?"

"Ah yes, Henning," said Jaochim, pausing mid-stand to sit back down and give the former Tern midfielder his task, "I have a special request for you."

Henning looked up, eager for his first task in the national team set-up.

"You were a Tern yourself, right?" asked Schwartz rhetorically.

"Forty-seven caps, five goals." answered Tir with pride.

"Right then, none of us can ever say he had that honour. You can," said Schwartz seriously, "and so I need you to use that experience. You'll be needed in all the coaching and what-have-you as well, don't worry, you'll get plenty of experience with that, but you've also been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I need that experience in my set-up. Motivate the players. Make sure they know what they're doing. Make sure they know why they're playing. Make sure they know what it means to represent their country. Can you do that?"

"I never gave the speeches, Joachim, I was never captain."

"Well that's okay. I'm not asking for a blockbuster speech that makes people cry. Just... just make sure they know how significant their actions are. Think of yourself as a sort of 'spiritual advisor'."

"Right you are, boss." said Tir, nodding enthusiastically.

"There's money available, too, so if you want to get any consultants in or motivational speakers or anything like that, then just say so."

"Oh," said Tir with a smile, "well in that case I think I've got just the right man in mind..."
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports