NATION

PASSWORD

The Bank of Yohannes—NationStates' Oldest Bank RP

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Adnesean
Secretary

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Adnesean » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:13 pm

Application Form [Account Creation]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: John Barry Jackson
Official nation of origin: Adnesean
Type of account [tick one]:
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [X] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: $525,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?
Nothing to see here...

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: British Hilfax

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:38 pm

British Hifax wrote:Application Form [Branch Opening]
Nation: British Hifax
Type of government: Principality
[Optional]Economic policy:-
[Optional]Foreign policy:-

Hi,

I am very much interested with your In-character invitation. But why would my bank go ahead and operate in a far-flung country located far from Yohannes, geographically speaking it will be very expensive for me to set everything up. In-character/IC wise there will have to be incentive, otherwise I don't see the Minister of Finance (he will have to report this at the next cabinet meeting) agreeing to a random invitation without detailing:

Why accepting your invitation would be advantageous for the Bank of Yohannes. Yes, I know the usual advantageous things. Just why it would be better in comparison to setting up shop somewhere closer? Corporate tax incentive, foreign ownership of maybe one of your failed fictional bank? Anything really hehe, just need to be put in your letter

Thanks for putting up with my constant need to ask questions, but I want to move this storefront away from what it used to be: a rubber-stamp 'approved' and 'accepted' kind of thing to every single random roleplayers who post something here. While that was a very attractive thing to do, unfortunately I am not willing to do that any longer at least as far as my own storefront are concerned
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Adnesean

Postby Yohannes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:03 am

Adnesean wrote:Application Form [Account Creation]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [X] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?

Hi there :)

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for your interest in connecting a part of your nation's interesting book of rich stories in the NationStates roleplaying world with us. Before we can register Mr Jackson as an International Private Banking client, there are some questions that must be posted:

1. What is his net worth (aka how rich is he?) If you can provide information about the character's assets that would be great too (whether he's involved in any property speculation kind of thing in your country or abroad)

2. Why Cash Fund? Any particular reason you're attracted to that account? or any particular reason why the character (Mr Jackson) was interested with that account?

3. You have not filled the 'Do you want us to invest the money nationally?' as well as the 'Do you want us to invest the money overseas?' questions. I am being very simple there (for other GE&T roleplayers) with these two questions, so I am guessing that you do not want us to use a percentage of that 525,000. May I suggest switching to the High Security Account plan? or if that would not be desirable for your character IC-wise, we can arrange it so that only a certain amount are released towards one of the [manageable] growth funds in terms of investment? They will also not involve property speculation or investment towards property firms in Yohannes, so less risk but less return (considering atm I am roleplaying Yohannes having a huge property rise happening especially properties of the capital city)

maybe diverting that % of fund for other building societies under the supervision of the National Bank would be better for the character Mr Jackson as well. Most likely these regional building societies would pour the fund at dairy farming in Yohannes. Less return but more stable sector for % your money atm
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Esalonia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Esalonia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:26 am

Application Form [Branch Opening]
Nation: United Commonwealth of Esalonia
Type of government: Representative Democracy
[Optional]Economic policy: Free market, with protection of local industry
[Optional]Foreign policy: The upholding of democracy and basic human rights.

Application Form [Investment]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [/], Organisation []
Amount to be invested [US$]: $750 billion (somewhere about 2-4% interest please)
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation: Emphasis on environmental maintenance tells us to need investments on the Department of the Environment and Natural Resources.
Tech level: NS MT
Esalonian Factbook *does not use NS Stats anymore*
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Member of these Multilateral Organizations
Fortitudinem wrote:They're a budding power. Pun intended.

Marquesan wrote:You have a damned fine advanced understanding of interior and exterior ballistics for a fifteen year old.

Gim wrote:

You would be an excellent Filipino Super Junior member. :p

Facebook chat:
Sum frind: okay klng? (Are you okay?)
Me: Yes. I am definitely okay in a mental asylum
Sum frind: ?

A Proud Adherent to the Nordic Model

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Esalonia

Postby Yohannes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi, I have seen your application (since the moment you've posted actually :p ) and considered opening branches and offices of the Bank of Yohannes in your country. I am thinking of having a situation where there will be 108 branches and 3 regional offices in your country, with each of the regional office located in 3 of your largest cities. I need you to give me the names of the 3 largest cities in Esalonia.

Secondly, considering the way you are roleplaying your nation in the NS RPing world (let's just say I've stalked your posting history hue hue and I also remember you from RPing last year), it would only be logical for me to have these branches as operating under the business names of your local banks. 108 branches to be separated into 27 branches per banks.

I want you to give me 4 bank names that you like. Remember, these banks will operate in your country, and I want you to imagine this, serving up your people, giving away financial services, associating with local businesses near their branch locations. So I'd rather you pick names that are naturally attractive to what the typical Esalonian people will like to see or hear

Thirdly, regarding the connection of investment storyline between BoY and your nation. We will invest the fund in the following 2 funds:

1. [65 per cent of fund directed to] Esalonian Environment Mutual Fund. Stable, mid-growth not as aggressive as a normal growth fund, primarily dealing with capital intensive deals required by environment companies in Esalonia. It's up to you to which companies this fund will connect itself with, just so long as they are not the typical insular, non-competitive national companies not aligned with international practice and management standard

2. [35 per cent of fund directed to] Esalo-Yohannesian Saver Fund. A sort of work-based savings scheme involving both Esalonian and Yohannesian people as well as entities. This will see slightly more connection made between Esalonian and Yohannesian businesses, with the higher possibility of employees exchanging jobs to the equal level of jobs they have in their own country to the other country. As an example, higher chance of a Yohannesian paediatrician moving to your country because of the connection between the savings scheme he subcribed to in Yohannes with that found in Esalonia. This is considered to be a growth fund, but not too aggressive. People in Esalonia who are subscribed to this fund will see quite the cyclical changes to their investment but so long as they are the types who are very much focused to long-term trend opportunities and growth of their money then it should be cool

Tell me what you think Esalonia. Once you have voiced your agreement to the above in-character/IC setting, they will be made into reality in terms of the connection our nations' storylines have with one another in the roleplaying world of NationStates
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Bank of Yohannes

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:08 am

[OOC: deleted many of the NationStates multi billion population reference. I probably have missed some, if anyone sees anything that they think are a bit off (or are still accidentally not deleted yet by me), feel free to voice or ask your question here publicly. Furthermore certain things (list of nations are outdated for example) are still kept as I will delete them as soon as I can be bothered to do so :p

If anyone don't know anything about how GE&T finance & banking RPing are meant to be done in the fictional NS RPing world, feel free to ask me here or by telegram (I have had a few questions)

If there are any criticisms, once again, feel free to voice your opinion publicly. As my last previous three posts above as replies to people's application have shown, this bank is quite the interesting and complex concept, that most people don't get (they think it's gonna be the usual case of 'accepted' and 'approved' just like how it was back then) Some have tried to copy paste the formatting of this bank into their bank storefront (as one particular player is doing atm hehe) but doing so will not help you out, as finance & banking are not simply a case of copy pasted 'approved' and order posts cyborg-like low IQ list your account here millions billions trillions thank you

Anyway, bump for the night to go alongside Dee-vuss-tae-tian Arms 1st page @GE&T forum hue hue]

Esalonia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Esalonia » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:18 am

Yohannes wrote:Hi, I have seen your application (since the moment you've posted actually :p ) and considered opening branches and offices of the Bank of Yohannes in your country. I am thinking of having a situation where there will be 108 branches and 3 regional offices in your country, with each of the regional office located in 3 of your largest cities. I need you to give me the names of the 3 largest cities in Esalonia.

Secondly, considering the way you are roleplaying your nation in the NS RPing world (let's just say I've stalked your posting history hue hue and I also remember you from RPing last year), it would only be logical for me to have these branches as operating under the business names of your local banks. 108 branches to be separated into 27 branches per banks.

I want you to give me 4 bank names that you like. Remember, these banks will operate in your country, and I want you to imagine this, serving up your people, giving away financial services, associating with local businesses near their branch locations. So I'd rather you pick names that are naturally attractive to what the typical Esalonian people will like to see or hear

Thirdly, regarding the connection of investment storyline between BoY and your nation. We will invest the fund in the following 2 funds:

1. [65 per cent of fund directed to] Esalonian Environment Mutual Fund. Stable, mid-growth not as aggressive as a normal growth fund, primarily dealing with capital intensive deals required by environment companies in Esalonia. It's up to you to which companies this fund will connect itself with, just so long as they are not the typical insular, non-competitive national companies not aligned with international practice and management standard

2. [35 per cent of fund directed to] Esalo-Yohannesian Saver Fund. A sort of work-based savings scheme involving both Esalonian and Yohannesian people as well as entities. This will see slightly more connection made between Esalonian and Yohannesian businesses, with the higher possibility of employees exchanging jobs to the equal level of jobs they have in their own country to the other country. As an example, higher chance of a Yohannesian paediatrician moving to your country because of the connection between the savings scheme he subcribed to in Yohannes with that found in Esalonia. This is considered to be a growth fund, but not too aggressive. People in Esalonia who are subscribed to this fund will see quite the cyclical changes to their investment but so long as they are the types who are very much focused to long-term trend opportunities and growth of their money then it should be cool

Tell me what you think Esalonia. Once you have voiced your agreement to the above in-character/IC setting, they will be made into reality in terms of the connection our nations' storylines have with one another in the roleplaying world of NationStates

3 Largest Cities:

St. Ivalice (the capital)
Verona (a very active maritime and air transport hub)
Ariandale (a large industrial city)

One company that would like to go with on this Environmental Fund is not actaully a company, but a group of companies: Eizon Group of Armaments Manufacturers. They have been into the environmental scene now; ironic as it can be, they have actually donated a total of $250 billion to the World Wildlife Fund, and are trying to reduce emissions and supporting green energy. Bright Future LLC is joining in, and teaming up to create engines that won't rely on fossil fuels. This does not only benefit the military, although the company group is a defense contractor group, but in general the lives of people; in fact, one of the members, Nikolai Avtomobil, sells cars to the civilian population and even agrees that fossil fuels are clearly out of fashion. Their stance on nuclear power, we don't know, but they tell the government that their stand on nuclear power is "neutral with a leaning to the supportive"-meaning they approve a bit. But they are strong supporters of green energy; they've been wanting to make an all-electric tank.

Farmers have also been into burning biofuel as cooking fuel and some other minor activities. Even organic farming is making a storm. They might want to get a hand on that.

Your idea of the investment is...I agree. That's the point. Won't reject an influx of workers, as long as I can sustain them.

Four major banks are present in Esalonia, although for name copyrights...why would you prefer operating under their names?
Tech level: NS MT
Esalonian Factbook *does not use NS Stats anymore*
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Member of these Multilateral Organizations
Fortitudinem wrote:They're a budding power. Pun intended.

Marquesan wrote:You have a damned fine advanced understanding of interior and exterior ballistics for a fifteen year old.

Gim wrote:

You would be an excellent Filipino Super Junior member. :p

Facebook chat:
Sum frind: okay klng? (Are you okay?)
Me: Yes. I am definitely okay in a mental asylum
Sum frind: ?

A Proud Adherent to the Nordic Model

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Esalonia

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:42 am

Esalonia wrote:3 Largest Cities:

St. Ivalice (the capital)
Verona (a very active maritime and air transport hub)
Ariandale (a large industrial city)

Thanks. They will be recorded

Esalonia wrote:One company that would like to go with on this Environmental Fund is not actaully a company, but a group of companies: Eizon Group of Armaments Manufacturers. They have been into the environmental scene now; ironic as it can be, they have actually donated a total of $250 billion to the World Wildlife Fund, and are trying to reduce emissions and supporting green energy.

I've noticed you're one of those players who are still enjoying writing aggressive power politics kind of things (conflicts, expeditionary missions, the usual NationStates arms insurrections, etc.) so I am fine with Eizon Group of Armaments Manufacturers

Esalonia wrote:Bright Future LLC is joining in, and teaming up to create engines that won't rely on fossil fuels. This does not only benefit the military, although the company group is a defense contractor group, but in general the lives of people; in fact, one of the members, Nikolai Avtomobil, sells cars to the civilian population and even agrees that fossil fuels are clearly out of fashion. Their stance on nuclear power, we don't know, but they tell the government that their stand on nuclear power is "neutral with a leaning to the supportive"-meaning they approve a bit. But they are strong supporters of green energy; they've been wanting to make an all-electric tank.

For the quick background, it will provide a more interesting record for both of us. Something that we can one day (when we have the time or can be bothered enough to do so) put in our related IIWiki article or NationStates factbook.

Esalonia wrote:Farmers have also been into burning biofuel as cooking fuel and some other minor activities. Even organic farming is making a storm. They might want to get a hand on that.

You mean farmers in Esalonia? Fair enough, I am not sure about that but if that's the way you write the situation in Esalonia atm then yeah :p

Esalonia wrote:Your idea of the investment is...I agree.

Cool, so you are fine with that 65% and 35% separation of capital under 2 funds then? That's all I need to develop the idea

Esalonia wrote:That's the point. Won't reject an influx of workers, as long as I can sustain them.

That's not how it works. There won't be any 'influx' of workers. High wage economies don't work like that. I am assuming you roleplay the usual 300 million+ population 25,000+ GDP per capita blue water Navy, etc. etc. nation. It will simply make it easier for lifestyle expatriates (who often are not blue collar workers or similar low-wage positions)

but it's not important for you to know anyway, and I don't expect you to know, so that's cool

Esalonia wrote:Four major banks are present in Esalonia, although for name copyrights...why would you prefer operating under their names?

I don't want these branches to operate under the name of already existing 4 major banks. I want these banks to operate under the names of possibly 4 banks that are almost failing (or their majority owners are looking to sell to foreign owners). If there are no 4 banks that are struggling in your country at the moment, then that's fine too. I'll just make these branches operating under the business names of other made up institutions (but certainly not the 'Bank of Yohannes')

and why is that? I don't know, more interesting? Also provide the opportunity to expand/imagine/fantasise more background stories into why its like that in your country. There are reasons that I am sure the typical NS player won't understand so I won't bother explaining
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adnesean
Secretary

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Adnesean » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Adnesean wrote:Application Form [Account Creation]

Hi there :)

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for your interest in connecting a part of your nation's interesting book of rich stories in the NationStates roleplaying world with us. Before we can register Mr Jackson as an International Private Banking client, there are some questions that must be posted:

1. What is his net worth (aka how rich is he?) If you can provide information about the character's assets that would be great too (whether he's involved in any property speculation kind of thing in your country or abroad)

2. Why Cash Fund? Any particular reason you're attracted to that account? or any particular reason why the character (Mr Jackson) was interested with that account?

3. You have not filled the 'Do you want us to invest the money nationally?' as well as the 'Do you want us to invest the money overseas?' questions. I am being very simple there (for other GE&T roleplayers) with these two questions, so I am guessing that you do not want us to use a percentage of that 525,000. May I suggest switching to the High Security Account plan? or if that would not be desirable for your character IC-wise, we can arrange it so that only a certain amount are released towards one of the [manageable] growth funds in terms of investment? They will also not involve property speculation or investment towards property firms in Yohannes, so less risk but less return (considering atm I am roleplaying Yohannes having a huge property rise happening especially properties of the capital city)

maybe diverting that % of fund for other building societies under the supervision of the National Bank would be better for the character Mr Jackson as well. Most likely these regional building societies would pour the fund at dairy farming in Yohannes. Less return but more stable sector for % your money atm

1. "What is his net worth (aka how rich is he?)" His net worth is around $1,230,000.
2. "Why Cash Fund? Any particular reason you're attracted to that account? or any particular reason why the character (Mr Jackson) was interested with that account?" I actually intended to do the Government account, but I had forgotten that I put the X on the right side of the text, so I had accidentally inputted "Cash Fund" without realizing.
3. "You have not filled the 'Do you want us to invest the money nationally?' as well as the 'Do you want us to invest the money overseas?' questions." The answers to those would be yes with the investing nationally and no with investing overseas.

I hope this gives an answer to your questions, but let me know if you have any more questions and I will answer. :)
Nothing to see here...

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Adnesean

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Adnesean wrote:1. "What is his net worth (aka how rich is he?)" His net worth is around $1,230,000.

Awesome :p

How many millionaries (or perhaps some billionaires?) in your roleplayed nation? Sorry for asking so many questions... I quite simply love to learn things about players who are interested to connect their story with the Bank of Yohannes hehe

Adnesean wrote:2. "Why Cash Fund? Any particular reason you're attracted to that account? or any particular reason why the character (Mr Jackson) was interested with that account?" I actually intended to do the Government account, but I had forgotten that I put the X on the right side of the text, so I had accidentally inputted "Cash Fund" without realizing.

Thats cool bro. I was thinking of actually further expanding that International Private Banking account section. I'll adapt your account to another numbered account plan then.

Adnesean wrote:3. "You have not filled the 'Do you want us to invest the money nationally?' as well as the 'Do you want us to invest the money overseas?' questions." The answers to those would be yes with the investing nationally and no with investing overseas.

Noted. I am planning to divide the capital in the following order: 15% invested in cash, 17% in Yohannesian (private) fixed interest, 5% (Yohannesian aka domestic not international as you have wanted) private property funds, 20% allocated to Yohannesian state-integrated shares, and the rest... well, I am planning to direct the capital to various commercial developments in your nation (if that is okay with you of course)

Adnesean wrote:I hope this gives an answer to your questions, but let me know if you have any more questions and I will answer. :)

Yup it's good. Thanks for participating with the Bank of Yohannes. I'll give you an IC reply to your application too when I am ready. If you feel that there are more economic related stories about your nation (or things in your nation) that you feel will enrich the background of our connection with one another (this bank and your nation's story in NS) feel free to tell here or telegram me (up to you)

New Alsatia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Alsatia » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:49 am

To: Whomever it may concern from the Bank of Yohannes

Greetings,

I am Octarch VIII, the eighth princess of New Alsatia. I desire to create an account in your bank. Please review our application form as contained in the following file.
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [X], Organisation []
Official name on record: Octarch IV (mistake intended)
Official nation of origin: New Alsatia
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [X] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: NSD$ 1,500,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes, invest it in Yohannes
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? No, invest it in Yohannes only
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Private industries relating to warfare, welfare (including medical assistance, if applicable) or transportation.

With all due respect,

Princess Octarch VIII of New Alsatia

To: Bank of Yohannes

Honorable representative of the Bank of Yohannes,

My name is Isis the Wise. I plan to open two accounts in your bank. I request you to make my transactions with the greatest discretion, as knowledge that I am working with you could be detrimental to both my nation and yours. My application forms are included in this letter.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [X], Organisation []
Official name on record: Earth's Daughter (alias)
Standard [] Executive [X] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: NSD$ 2,500,000.
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes. I don't want any of this money in New Alsatia, so Yohannes is a good choice
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? By all means do. Just don't invest it in New Alsatia
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Nuclear energy (military and civil) and medical research.

Official name on record: Sky's Daughter (alias)
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [X] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: NSD$ 1,000,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes, but not in New Alsatia nor Yohannes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Nuclear energy (military and civil), and research in astronomy and quantum physics

Thanks for considering my application forms,

Queen Isis

The United Domains
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Domains » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:51 pm

Nation : The United Domains

Type of Government: Presidential (Chancellor) form of government, Democracy

Economic Policy: Policies which stimulate economic growth by supporting private and public sector both small scale and large scale meet their required capital and Macroeconomic Policy which ensures continuous flow of money so long as it doesn't cause inflation.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Out-of-character update

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Out-of-character update

New Alsatia: I am sorry that I can't (or rather not going to) reply to your in-character letters. I feel back and forth letters or communication in such a setting are quite simply unrealistic and not really my style any longer (I think it's pointless). So, what we will do instead (and you will like this more) is to quite simply have a roleplay thread where one of the Bank of Yohannes' senior executives will meet a representative of the Princess or the Queen (or perhaps the Princess and Queen directly)

We can discuss about various things, why her (the Queen) involving herself with the Bank of Yohannes (regarding the transactions) are bad for her. I also think it'll be more fun than simply making letters back and forth in this thread. Also, consider all three of the accounts registered already. If you would like to hear where I will direct the capital to (in terms of investment) and the benchmark allocation of your investment feel free to telegram me

The United Domains: Feel free to add your details (of how many branches you want in your country or other details) here: click here. Alternatively, I can do that for you if you if you want to, and you can always edit some things that you dislike anyway (if I write anything you disagree with)

New Alsatia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Alsatia » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Out-of-character update

New Alsatia: I am sorry that I can't (or rather not going to) reply to your in-character letters. I feel back and forth letters or communication in such a setting are quite simply unrealistic and not really my style any longer (I think it's pointless). So, what we will do instead (and you will like this more) is to quite simply have a roleplay thread where one of the Bank of Yohannes' senior executives will meet a representative of the Princess or the Queen (or perhaps the Princess and Queen directly)

We can discuss about various things, why her (the Queen) involving herself with the Bank of Yohannes (regarding the transactions) are bad for her. I also think it'll be more fun than simply making letters back and forth in this thread. Also, consider all three of the accounts registered already. If you would like to hear where I will direct the capital to (in terms of investment) and the benchmark allocation of your investment feel free to telegram me

Sorry about that, I thought IC correspondence would be good form. I am open to making a roleplay thread with you, however. We could discuss the basics by telegram.

Kyrashia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrashia » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:42 pm

To whom it may concern,

Kyrashi Heavy Industries, with approval from the Kyrashi Government and KHI Board of Directors, is happy to announce its approval to utilize the Bank of Yohannes as its primary corporate bank account, holding within billions of dollars in corporate funds. We hope to begin a prosperous business partnership, and enclosed are applications for the bank accounts that will begin to serve Kyrashi Heavy Industries

We look forward to our cooperation,

Kyrashi Heavy Industries

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation [] (Government-Owned Corporation)
Official name on record: Devaraja Joshi (Kyrashi Heavy Industries - Maritime Division)
Official nation of origin: Kyrashia
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$342 Billion
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? No.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation [] (Government-Owned Corporation)
Official name on record: Devaraja Joshi (Kyrashi Heavy Industries - Aerospace Division)
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$350 Billion

Official name on record: Devaraja Joshi (Kyrashi Heavy Industries - Ground Division)
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$160 Billion

Korena
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Korena » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Official name on record: Andres Philip Kim (Member of the Congress of Korena)
Official nation of origin: The United Republic of Korena
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: $28,500,000 USD
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? No
President: Mason U. Jin
Vice President: Vestor Roh
Secretary of State: Henry T. Kim
Secretary of Defense: Eric Yoh
Secretary of Treasury: Amy Yang
Attorney General: William E. Lang

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:46 pm

To whom it may concern:
OOC:
Thanks for all that help and the ADL is the Anti democracy league. I'm not officially a full blown member IC, thats only the military and Warlord Ryken. However i can't promise you that this investment could lead to large amounts of arms going to various dangerous groups until the story plot unfolds and frankly i don't even know how its going to play out. Since you may be interested the you can help however you can for either side. Lukas III is the current and fair leader and Ryken is a insane tyrant seeking power. Who you aid may change my nations history. Transyl has already decided to provide aid to Ryken's cause and at this rate Ryken will gain power but you can still shift the power a bit. Hope you enjoy the message from Ryken. So far i have 2 major effects that will happen if Ryken gains power, i will evolve my nation in to a psychotic dictatorship hellbent on galactic domination as well as become a full blown IC member of ADL and its affiliates and if he fails he will be hunted down and Lukas's son will take over as General. More effects are to be added as things pile up though. There is a strong chance Ryken will set up a private account to hold laundered cash or cash obtained in other dirty ways. Currently the military is extorting small towns with threats of destroying them and calling it a "Military accident" to get away with killing them. There is also a rebellion (its actually pro Lukas but he doesn't know this because the same military that defends him is crushing said rebellion and giving Lukas lies to cover their tracks) however this rebellion is falling apart quickly with the massive military force crushing it with relative ease.

Anyway what parts of my storyline would you like changed? I can ignore several things for the sake of the story. Any advise you have I will gladly accept.

Transmission received from unknown party
Loading..... Loading......
IC:
Application Form [Investment]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Organisation []
Amount to be invested [US$]:500-750 billion, Can be changed as needed.
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation: The large arms manufacturing district that the majority of Dragvania's economy is built on. It is a exceptionally powerful industrial powerhouse that creates vast armies for those willing to pay as well as maintains Dragvania's larger than normal military.

Additional data received. Beginning decryption
Warning::: ALL unauthorized personnel who view this message must be terminated to insure message detail security.
To whom it concerns.
Encryption level:Sigma

I will simply introduce myself. I am Ryken the Warlord of Dragvania. If you are wondering why I chose to contact you then I will tell you, I am planning to overthrow the current government but i require power and money. Dragvania has a flexible request so if some of this money was "lost" to a cause then i am sure they would understand..... and my operations would do well from this as well. Aid me in taking Dragvania and i can promise you a permanent as our ally, i will also use only your services exclusively. It would do well to keep these "dealings" under the table... As for the person who brought you this message, kill him. We cannot leave loose ends.
Last edited by Dragvania on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Domains
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Domains » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Official name on record: Union's Trade Treasury

Official nation of origin: The Democratic Republic of The United Domains

Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 20,000,000US$

Do you want us to invest the money nationally? NO

Do you want us to invest the money overseas? NO

Last edited by The United Domains on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Domains
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Domains » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Official name on record: Union's Domestic Treasury

Official nation of origin: The Democratic Republic of The United Domains

Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 28,000,000US$

Do you want us to invest the money nationally? YES

Do you want us to invest the money overseas? NO

We will like to invest this money in our Automobile Manufacturing industry as our country's economy depends on this sector and thereby, will like to develop this sector even further.

Techenov
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Techenov » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:47 pm

To:The Bank of Yohannes
To whom it may concern,
I an Tatiana Tsekhanovetsky, Form the Financial branch of the Administration Departement of Moscova Electronics. we would like to deposit
2604166666,66 TKR
in our bank account.
Regards,
Tatiana Tsekhanvoetsky,Financial director
Moscova Electronics Company
Nation: Techenov
Account: High Security
Deposit: TKR2,000,000.00
Interest rate: 0.50% pa

Nickel Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Nickel Empire » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [x], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Emperor TonyDimes
Official nation of origin: Nickel Empire
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [x] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 4.5 Billion $N Nickels in currency and various land holdings.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes. 100 Million $N Nickels
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Agriculture and pesticides.
Purple Tory with some Right-Wing Populism
"Every nation has the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre
"First feelings are always the most natural." King Louis XIV of France
Trademark: Agent Orange Is a Protest Violent? Code: Reaganomics
"Don't tickle the Nickel." https://imgur.com/5KfGQGt

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Account update

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:26 pm

To the latest clients of the Bank of Yohannes; the bank you can trust.

The account creation application of the following players are now listed [ link ]:

• Nickel Empire on behalf of your character 'Emperor TonyDimes', account number 406. I am satisfied with your application, so no modification needed to be done

• The United Domains on behalf of your roleplayed institutions, Union's Domestic Treasury and Union's Trade Treasury: account number 404 and 405. I have not modified your second account, but I did modify your first. The reason for my decision to modify the first would be the fact that the expectation and guarantee you have listed (no risks involved as well as no investment) for your first account were not compatible with the type of account you have chosen (Cash Fund). As such, I have changed the plan to High Security. If you feel that that is not what you want, feel free to telegram me or post here your other preference

• Korena on behalf of your fictional character, the Member of the Congress Andres Philip Kim. Nothing has been changed by me

• Kyrashia on behalf of your roleplayed institutions: Kyrashi Heavy Industries Maritime, Aerospace and Ground Divisions. As you are registering under the International Private Banking scheme using your (I am assuming here hehe) big government owned corporation, I see nothing wrong with the large amount of money (hundred of bills) you are going to put into your accounts.

• New Alsatia, I have listed your accounts :)

Lolomz
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolomz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [x], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Dotscreen
Official nation of origin: lolomz
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [x] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 2 million $ for purchasing of technological equipment to poor population
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? no.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes.
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? 2 million $ for purchasing of technological equipment to poor population .
Pro: Suid Afrika, Imperial State of Iran, Rhodesia,Republic Of China ,Seperate but equal policy on the US, Capitalism,whites-only voting rights. Hasmite rule on jordan
Anti: Socialism/Social democracy/etc.. ,Palestine,Saudi Arabia,Islamic Republic Of Iran,end of the aparthied on Suid Afrika(South africa it's ilegtimate nation on my eyes).
RP Data :
Regime : Aparthied
RP name: The White Republic Of Suid Afrika
Prime Minister: Henrik Forward

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Lolomz

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Lolomz wrote:
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [x], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Dotscreen
Official nation of origin: lolomz
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [x] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 2 million $ for purchasing of technological equipment to poor population
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? no.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes.
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? 2 million $ for purchasing of technological equipment to poor population .

Hi Lolomz,

Thank you for entrusting your roleplayed business' money with the Bank of Yohannes

I have no problem with your application. The International Private Banking account of your fictional business [ account number 407 with the account name 'Dotscreen' ] can be found [ here ]

As you have requested, we will not direct the money of your roleplayed business (Dotscreen) into internationally-listed funds of our International & Market division. Instead, your money will be redirected as capital towards 3 superannuation funds that are owned by the Kingdom of Yohannes, 1 primarily investing in the dairy industry (specifically polytechnic related who are in turn educating the young future dairy farmers here) of our country, with the other 2 primarily dealing with the property market and short-term money market (to act as a balance to the conservative fund relating to the dairy industry)

Excess return from playing on the money market will be directed as donation to not for profit organisations based in the region of Esquarium

If you have any further input or want to comment about other things, feel free to telegram me or post here [the thread] :)

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Official name on record: Symphony MetroCorp - BoY Reserve Currency Fund
Official nation of origin: United Kingdom of Aquitayne and Symphonia
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [X] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion [X]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]:
  • Imperial Koku 50,000,000.00
  • United Kingdom Aero 75,000,000.00
  • Lolomozian Pound 25,000,000.00
  • Quertz russling 15,000,000.00
  • NationStates Dollar 200,000,000.00
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? N
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? N
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade