NATION

PASSWORD

The Bank of Yohannes—NationStates' Oldest Bank RP

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Radictistan
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Radictistan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Application Form [Account Creation]
Individual [x]
Official name on record: Rupert Kazdan
Official nation of origin: The Grand Duchy of Radictistan
Type of account [tick one]:
Executive [x]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$20,000,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? In a variety of Yohannes and foreign mutual funds.

Business [x]
Official name on record: Kazdan Group
Executive [x]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$100,000,000
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? No
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? In a variety of Yohannes mutual funds.

Individual [x]
Official name on record: Xenocimedes Radicti
High Security [x]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$6,000,000
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? In a variety of Yohannes mutual funds.

Business [x]
Official name on record: Radictistan Automotive Works Employee Pension Fund
High Security [x]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: US$32,000,000

Zanubiyala
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanubiyala » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [x], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: National-People's Republic of Zairo
Official nation of origin: Zairo
Type of account [tick one]: Gold bullion, Cash Fund, High Security
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [x] High Security [x] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion [x]
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: 100,000 Gold Bullion
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?: Yes
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?: Yes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?: Into arms trading, and building infrastructure.
IC NAME: Zairo

Esalonia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Esalonia » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [/], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Bright Future Energy, LLC.
Official nation of origin: Esalonian Commonwealth of States
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [/] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: N$D 150 million
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?
Being a startup, Bright Future Energy, LLC. has envisioned a utopia independent on non-renewable energy, and it also involves making ways to reduce electrical consumption at both the power plant and the consumer ends, and that involves more efficient power plants and more efficient electrical appliances. Not only do we make renewable energy sources more efficient the best way we can, but also we make power-efficient appliances and electronic devices worth the high costs at the consumer end. Long story short, the money would be of good use as we strive to create efficient, renewable, and clean energy sources.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [/], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Bright Future Electronics, LLC
Official nation of origin: Esalonian Commonwealth of States
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [/] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: N$D 145 million
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?
We have been trying to balance performance and power conservation in our products, and in this endeavor we would need some funding and investors.
Tech level: NS MT
Esalonian Factbook *does not use NS Stats anymore*
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Member of these Multilateral Organizations
Fortitudinem wrote:They're a budding power. Pun intended.

Marquesan wrote:You have a damned fine advanced understanding of interior and exterior ballistics for a fifteen year old.

Gim wrote:

You would be an excellent Filipino Super Junior member. :p

Facebook chat:
Sum frind: okay klng? (Are you okay?)
Me: Yes. I am definitely okay in a mental asylum
Sum frind: ?

A Proud Adherent to the Nordic Model

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: National Administration of Finium
Official nation of origin: Post-Imperial Federation of Finium
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [X] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: One Hundred Billion New Imperial Bancors (100,000,000,000.00 NiB)
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? YES
[Optional] If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?
Diverse mutual funds, low-risk bonds and diverse security portfolios.

- Excited to see the old institution at work -
Last edited by Finium on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big chungus, small among us

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Bank branch opening applications

Postby Yohannes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:10 pm

[ OOC/out-of-character update: the following nations' bank branch opening applications are hereby processed (and I have added the data to the list) - Western Faustel, Lom Noro and Torvalyn. I am sorry for the very late reply to you guys' applications ]
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Techenov
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Techenov » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record:Moscova Electronics Co.,LTD
Official nation of origin: The Federation of Techenov
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [X] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]:2,000,000 TKR (Techenovian Kronor)
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?No.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?No.
Last edited by Techenov on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dictatorship Of South Eaka
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorship Of South Eaka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Official Name on Record: South Eakan GOV Offical.

Official Country of Origin: Dictatorship Of South Eaka

Type of Account: Imperial High security Account

Initial deposit: 1,500,000,000 NSD
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?: Yes.

Do you want us to invest the money in our colonies?: Yes

If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?: In development and construction of cities and governmental projects in the colonies along with mining operations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Dictatorship Of South Eaka on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member Of Task Force Atlas

Owner of a 2008 F350 XL

United Allied Earth Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Allied Earth Federation » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Application Form [2014 Shares]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record:UAEF (United Allied Earth Federation)
Official nation of origin:United Allied Earth Federation
Why do you want to invest in our business [summary]?
We believe that the Bank Of Yohannes is one of the most well-known and popular banking institutions around. We hope that your new projects and revamp will bring the company more success. We wish to be part of this bank.
"Focused On Only The Best"
United Allied Earth Federation, Supreme President John Parkerson, City Of Terranova, The Chateau Of Liberty.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Member of the Universal Technology Alliance!
Proud Member of the Pacific Cooperation Pact
Proud Member of the Coalition of Religious Nations.
⚛ Proud member of the Coalition for Nuclear Prosperity! ⚛
The South Pacific
Member Of The United Christian Alliance
Proud Founder Of The International United Defense Coalition
Proud Member Of IU/ICoN
Member Of The IFC
English:
---
https://www.change.org /p/全日本空手道連盟-空手道の2020年東京オリンピック正式種目採用を希望し
ます -karate-into- the-olympics-2020?lang=en-US

Zambara
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zambara » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Hello, My name is Marko Lehmann and I am the representive for The Kingdom Of Zambara. On the behalf of the King Thorsten Fleischer The 1st, We would your bank company to be our nation's main source for all of our banking needs.

Application Form [Branch Opening]
Nation: Zambara
Type of government: Kingdom
[Optional]Economic policy: Fiscal policy
[Optional]Foreign policy: Military force
Last edited by Zambara on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zambara
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zambara » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [/], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: King Thorsten Fleischer The 1st
Official nation of origin: The Kingdom of Zambara
Standard [] Executive [/] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]:100,000,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

OOC Announcement: Account update

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:45 pm

OOC Announcement: Account update

OOC/out-of-character: Hi to the newest participants of the Bank of Yohannes thread! It is great to have you onboard and roleplaying with us to include a piece of fictional content of your nation's story with our banking institution. I have updated the List of Accounts (basically a list of our International Private Banking clients) to include all of you who have filled the account creation application

Just in case you are missing the link provided in the first post of the OP/storefront content section (that can be reached by clicking the image aligned to the right with the 'We manage and invested the wealth of over 300....' sentence in it) the list can be found [ here ]

To our loyal clients :p I can not promise.. but I will try to update things when I am free. If I have missed anyone please let me know here or telegram me. Cheers! hehe

The Hon Kefka Palazzo PA
First Spokesperson of His Majesty's Foreign Office
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

The Northern Kingdoms
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Kingdoms » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Nation: The Northern Kingdoms
Type of government: Constitutional Monarchy
[Optional]Economic policy:
[Optional]Foreign policy:
The Northern Kingdoms
De Nordliga Riken
La Nordaj Regnoj

I use Monster Girl Encyclopedia (although set on modern time) as a medium for roleplay (my nation is not limited to it, though). I am an MT nation (set in today), with experimental and a few functioning PMT technology. My nation is when Sweden smokes much weed, takes much LSD, takes up more arms than normal, and dates a monster girl (mamono).

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

11/03/The Year of Our Lord

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:07 am

11/03/The Year of our Lord
Bank of Yohannes I Parenga-Motu
Parliament Square, Te Whanganui-a-Tara
BY9 1008, Kingdom of Yohannes

A Report of His Majesty's Fifty-Third Finance and Expenditure Committee

As Reviewed and approved by His Majesty's Thirty-Fourth House of Lord

Kia Ora; Te āheitanga katoa, Takawaenga e whakahonoretia ana,

Under the recommendation of His Majesty’s House of Lord have we - representing the Board of Governors and Shareholders of Parenga-Motu; the National Bank - published the following Strategy Statement & Report for the Eleventh of March and the Year of our Lord, including and considering up to the minute events pertaining to the Bank of Yohannes for the entertainment of NationStates National Leaders and political pundits of regions our institution as well as subsidiaries operate within.

Introduction

The Governor’s approval was attached to this statement with the full support of His Majesty’s Minister of Finance. This brief report has been produced to provide a cursory insight to bring up to date certain events relating to the operations of branches of our institution internationally. We would normally have considered the inclusion of foreign superannuation schemes to the latest report of our latest subsidiary branches overseas, which would naturally include the latest estimation of additional foreign assets, but shall unfortunately not include the aforementioned due to the planned brevity of this report, and under the recommendation of His Majesty’s Minister of Finance.

The metaphorical rain has truly hit the National Bank House, with the lack of noteworthy subsidiary expansions being attributed to our stretched logistics & resources, both financially and in terms of human resource. The Board of Governors and His Majesty's House of Lord could quite comfortably have chosen the alternative route; to not consolidate our presence in present economies and markets of nations cooperating with our institution, and instead further made our introductions to new borders abroad. The Minister of Finance, however, has summarised his explanation that such an initiative would fall outside the expected standard of financial responsibility to which the National Bank must adhere to under the eyes of His Majesty's Government.

This report summarises with clarity the introduction of our International Banking & Market operations in the following new economies abroad: The Northern Kingdoms (which shall hereby be referred to as ‘NKE’), Zambara, Western Faustel, Lom Noro and Torvalyn.

This report shall furthermore digest our three main priorities for this year; namely to assist the further reduction of the net international debt of the Kingdom of Yohannes, mitigate the still far-reaching effect of the historical regional recessions severely affecting the Yohannesian economy for the last three fiscal years, and to help enhance as well as lift the questionable standard of our foreign investments in select overseas nations of unsteady economic and political status. His Majesty’s Minister of Finance has confirmed that while the former two goals aforementioned would predictably be achievable within the next two fiscal years, the certainty of the latter regrettably would not, for as a relatively small market in relation to this world the Kingdom of Yohannes must inevitably be linked to the situation and condition of the various markets and nations its exporters as well as companies operate within abroad.

From the Governor

I was fortunate enough recently to observe personally the addition of our new international private banking clients. It truly is a privilege for me to be given the opportunity to deliver the vision and mission of our institution to each and every single one of our new family members, as well as the foundation from which we have stood for in our two centuries’ existence. The existence of our International Private Banking operation is for the welfare of each and every single one of our high net worth clients, and investing the capital of those who have entrusted us with their permissions in a prudent and responsible manner.

To invest in a responsible manner for a better future.

The latest Treasury indications have noted our substantial contribution to the paper tight surplus of some governments we cooperate with, and of some nations we operate within for the next fiscal year. Pundits - foreign and domestic alike - would say that a paper tight surplus is just that: paper tight, lean and small. Inconsequential; to which I would like to say otherwise, to disapprove, for it clearly exhibits our ability to responsibly contribute to the economies of these respective nations.

And one must agree with me that that would be an accomplishment of quite notable standing, especially if one must include the challenges - the uncertainties one could have easily observed through the journals of our adventures - and the adventures of those nations we are connected with - throughout the NationStates and International Incidents pages of the international economy; of the unpredictable challenges we have faced not just regionally, but also further abroad, not of our own making.

There were many setbacks for the last two fiscal years; some of our own making, and some not of ours, as mentioned above. ‘Unstable regime in Maxtopia Protectorate Number Four Nationalised the Automobile Sector’ were just but one of the many troubling headlines observed by me just last year. ‘Bigtopia Number Eight Exploded Amidst Racial Tensions Between Purples and Blues’ would yet be another. An unexpected recession that started in our closed region of Maredoratica originating from the powerhouse General Social Republic of Questers for yet another unfortunate development unfolding through it all.

And of most pressing concern, the decision by the multinational VMK to halt further export towards new markets abroad, in light of its inability to supply the markets it already operate within sufficiently. A balanced approach to the long-term sustainability of our net equity investment outside the Kingdom of Yohannes is good and quite surely a must, for its successful outcome will inevitably assist the previously mentioned three objectives of our institution as mentioned under the introduction section above.

Despite this rather gloomy outlook, the National Bank House (of Employees and our distant family members abroad) is more energetic than the pundits would lead you to believe, and I daresay that this fiscal year will be our busiest so far!

To our latest high-net worth family members from abroad; representatives and members of the Pambudian Beeline Incorporated, His Majesty Thorsten Fleischer the First of Zambara, officials of the Government of South Eaka, and many others recently entrusting their faith to work together with our institution, I would like to say: welcome aboard!

Yours faithfully,
The Rt Hon Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan
Member of His Majesty’s Privy Council
Governor of the Bank of Yohannes

Economic context

His Majesty’s Privy Council has voiced its confidence that the economy of Yohannes is on track of further benefiting from the solid state of its net equity investment (NEI) outside its border. As a small nation comparative to international standard, the Kingdom is highly dependent upon international commerce and trade. The Finance and Expenditure Committee has indicated that gross domestic product (GDP) of His Majesty’s Land is set to grow by at least four to four and a half per cent per year over the next four years, with the outlying figures easily affected by the possibility of any unforeseen economic or political circumstances within those markets connected to us abroad.

The pressure upon the building and housing sector - especially that of the established ‘leafy’ suburbs throughout the Kingdom - has been taken into account to reflect the initiative of not just the National Bank, but also its subsidiaries and affiliated institutions, to alter short term interest rates slightly higher than standard for the last five years. His Majesty’s Privy Council has furthermore noted the current drafting of a major report pertaining to the present public discordance against the effect of foreign, non-resident investors upon domestic housing market. The Finance and Expenditure Committee confirms its strong commitment to alter its policy upon the conclusion of the aforementioned report.

The recent welcoming of Yohannesian investments in select and influential member nations of the multinational organisation International Freedom Coalition for the last two fiscal years has contributed to the continuing growth of economic activities abroad. The majority of foreign investments of the National Bank in member nations of the aforementioned organisation - notably that of New Carloso, Valaran, and Zunkwentania, to name just three of the nations His Majesty’s Government has maintained quite the cordial relationships with - are concentrated towards businesses and commercial enterprises, especially those relating to the aerospace (in the case of New Carloso), joint or collective farming enterprises (Valaran), and the banking industry (Zunkwentania).

Domestic and indirect (foreign) growth of jobs resulting from the above - and similar introduction of investments in new markets abroad - has been calculated to stand at 20.3 million full time and part time employment positions. This strong trend is set to first stabilise for the first three years, and decline slightly five years after that period. His Majesty’s Government has noted the possible challenges of replacing these - by then would be mature - markets with new ones, and shall advice the Foreign Office to see to it that the Kingdom would be ready to meet that challenge.

[ OOC/out of character: under construction, considered this post unfinished and to be saved here just in case things happen; information read can not be included into IC/in-character knowledge yet ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Pambudia
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pambudia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:14 am

Application Form [Account
Creation]

Which one you are [tick one]?
Agency [], Alliance [], Business [x],
Government [], Individual [],
Organisation []
Official name on record: Beeline Inc
Official nation of origin: Pambudia
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund
[] High Security [] Green Future [x]
Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/
etc.]: $2.5 million
Do you want us to invest the
money nationally? yes
Do you want us to invest the
money overseas? no
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do
you want us to invest your money?
In what way?
Garuda Pambudia | Business Outlook | Embassy Program

Proud Member of Indonesia Raya

Bersama - sama kita bersatu dalam ideologi Pancasila

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Pambudia

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:15 pm

OOC/out-of-character: Pambudia account creation: I have checked your application and I personally think it's good (don't see anything that I would disagree with), approved and I have added your account under the list of numbered accounts :)

I have also included a mention of your business' name to the (still under construction) report above

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Application Form [Investment]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Organisation []
Amount to be invested [US$]:100,000
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation:Dragvanian National Arms manufacturing (details: New facilities)

Tabelidab
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tabelidab » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:32 pm

Recipient/Au: To whom it may concern.
Sender/De: Joseph Glasser, President and Chairman of CBT/BCT
Subject/Content: Proposal for Interlining Partnership and Account Creation

The Central Bank of Tabelidab would like to propose an interlining partnership with the Bank of Yohannes. Our island nation, although close to mainland, is very much isolated in terms of the financial world. We see it fit to set up an account for better handling of foreign transactions and to interline and partner with your financial institution.

Terms of the Proposal:
  • Bank of Yohannes and CBT/BCT will co-operate with each other's government
  • Bank of Yohannes patrons shall be able to use CBT/BCT branches as they would with BoY branches and vice versa
  • No fees or penalties shall be incurred during the above transactions except those applicable to laws and regulations of governments.
  • CBT/BCT being a government corporation shall cap and peg the Tabelidabi Ta with the Yohannesian Quertz Russling at a rate of Ta 3.05 to YQR 1.00
  • Bank of Yohannes will be eligible to use our SECS subsidiary's services and produce credit cards through them. SECC is Secure Electronic Credit Services which is our credit card subsidiary and what we use as debit cards.

We thought you would also like some background on CBT/BCT and Tabelidab before deciding.
Tabelidab is a Federal Parliamentary Republic consisting of 3 islands. It has 117,980,201 people residing within its borders. The national languages are French and English. Its currency is the Ta.
The Central Bank of Tabelidab is a government corporation with regulatory and mint powers allocated by the constitution. We issue and recall Tas as well as hold the government coffers. 90% of Tabelidab has some financial ties to CBT/BCT whether it be mortgage, insurance, banking, etc.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Central Bank of Tabelidab/Banque Centrale du Tabelidab
Official nation of origin: Tabelidab
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [X] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [] Gold Bullion []
Initial deposit [US$/gold/assets/etc.]: NSD $277.4 billion
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? No
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes
If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Anything that will not cause a conflict of interest with the governemnt or Central Bank of Tabelidad or assist in crime.
Last edited by Tabelidab on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Dragvania

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Dragvania wrote:Application Form [Investment]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Organisation []
Summary of how and where we should invest in your nation:Dragvanian National Arms manufacturing (details: New facilities)

OOC/out-of-character: I have noted down your interest to roleplay the Bank of Yohannes involving itself IC/in-character in your nation. Before agreeing to roleplay this with you as happening in the background (of our nations' existence), however, I want to ask the following:

1.) Do you roleplay with NS gameplay population or your own made up RP population? this will be important as it will connect to your Dragvanian National Arms manufacturing (quoting what you put down in your application hehe). I don't really want to deal with arms manufacturing stuff (unless I know the roleplayers well) as that is where most of the undesirables are (and have always been), but I don't mind connecting this bank to stuff like that if you can give me more details about your

Technology: tell me how advanced your technology is, to make it simple for you. Have you ever bought stuff from fictional storefronts in the Global Economics & Trade forum? And if you have bought stuff from these arms manufacturing storefronts, which storefronts? From there I can see how advanced you RP your nation as, and that in turn will be important considering you are inviting me to roleplay the Bank of Yohannes as investing in that section of your nation's storyline

2.) 100,000 NS/US$ won't do, sorry, too small an amount. Based from that alone I am tempted to reject your post and say 'no', but I more open-minded (and flexible) than that :p

3.) Why u want to have the Bank of Yohannes participating in your fictional nation's storyline. Why us? and not other fictional banks out there in the Global Economics and Trade forum

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

2015? What Changes?

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Following this previous post [ click here ]

To friends of the Bank of Yohannes,

After all a long period of thinking (and a very long period of careful thinking at that), I have decided that it would be in the best interest of this storefront - and the way roleplaying finance and banking are done - for me to

1.) Trim down many of the accounts listed under the International Private Banking numbered section (aka rich people's accounts). Anything ridiculously large (approaching above one trillion from any single entity) will be looked at by me, and possibly removed if there is no history of it being roleplayed (aka searching the posting history of the player) well

2.) Deleting the list of number of branches for now until I find a good way to replace it. I have no desire to roleplay the Bank of Yohannes under the large fictional NS world of billions people any longer and as a result I will have to fix this one immediately

3.) Cutting this bank's involvement with anyone who roleplay using their NS gameplay population

I don't mind if you roleplay using non human creatures or anything interesting that are non human, so long as you roleplay with small, earth-like population. Sadly (and I feel very sad about this... but I don't see a way of getting around this one) I can not maintain the logic of mixing up NS population and small population with this storefront any longer. It gets too complicated and not worth the small time I have to update this storefront

4.) Cutting this bank's involvement with any fictional arms manufacturing institutions that are connected to this fictional bank, as well as any roleplayed institutions/storefronts that are using their host nation's NationStates gameplay population

The way Arms manufacturing (and related non-arms manufacturing stuff connected to NS population gameplay) are roleplayed in NS are way too broken to be fixed any longer, and I can't see that helping my goal of aligning this thread to something that I want it to be now. This doesn't mean that I disagree with NS gameplay population roleplaying, in fact I like different way of RPing in NationStates. It's just that, as far as the future of this storefront is concerned, I don't see a way for me to rationalise or bridge the gap between mixing the two styles any longer (and I have tried doing just that with VMK as an experiment last year... and it didn't work)

---

The above decisions I have made with deep sadness. Some of my closest RPing friends in NationStates (you know who you are if you read this xd) won't be happy with this decision, and that is understandable. But, I must do what I think is best for this storefront. I want this storefront to be an example to new players, and I feel doing this or going this path (as well including the things I have promised to do in the previously linked post above) is the only way to set a good example to new players who may be interested in roleplaying fictional banking stuff in this forum

Setting up an account, listing an account and putting number there without any close inspection or at the very least the surety of 'accepted' is not something that I want for this storefront any longer. And by moving away from that, I must sadly go ahead with all the above changes for this storefront
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Tabelidab

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Tabelidab wrote:
Recipient/Au: To whom it may concern.
Sender/De: Joseph Glasser, President and Chairman of CBT/BCT
Subject/Content: Proposal for Interlining Partnership and Account Creation

The Central Bank of Tabelidab would like to propose an interlining partnership with the Bank of Yohannes. Our island nation, although close to mainland, is very much isolated in terms of the financial world. We see it fit to set up an account for better handling of foreign transactions and to interline and partner with your financial institution.

Terms of the Proposal:
  • Bank of Yohannes and CBT/BCT will co-operate with each other's government
  • Bank of Yohannes patrons shall be able to use CBT/BCT branches as they would with BoY branches and vice versa
  • No fees or penalties shall be incurred during the above transactions except those applicable to laws and regulations of governments.
  • CBT/BCT being a government corporation shall cap and peg the Tabelidabi Ta with the Yohannesian Quertz Russling at a rate of Ta 3.05 to YQR 1.00
  • Bank of Yohannes will be eligible to use our SECS subsidiary's services and produce credit cards through them. SECC is Secure Electronic Credit Services which is our credit card subsidiary and what we use as debit cards.

We thought you would also like some background on CBT/BCT and Tabelidab before deciding.

Tabelidab is a Federal Parliamentary Republic consisting of 3 islands. It has 117,980,201 people residing within its borders. The national languages are French and English. Its currency is the Ta. The Central Bank of Tabelidab is a government corporation with regulatory and mint powers allocated by the constitution. We issue and recall Tas as well as hold the government coffers. 90% of Tabelidab has some financial ties to CBT/BCT whether it be mortgage, insurance, banking, etc.

Bank of Yohannes I Parenga-Motu
Parliament Square, Te Whanganui-a-Tara
BY9 1008, Kingdom of Yohannes
Contact Us
Customer Service0800 117 7442
From Overseas+585 53381717

Re: Proposal and details
Mr Joseph Glasser
President and Chairman
Central Bank of Tabelidab

Dear Mr Glasser,

I understand from your letter, regarding interlining partnership and account creation, that you are interested in the establishment of an agreement under the following contractual terms:

1. Bank of Yohannes and CBT/BCT will co-operate with each other's government
    2. Bank of Yohannes patrons shall be able to use CBT/BCT branches as they would with BoY branches and vice versa
    3. No fees or penalties shall be incurred during the above transactions except those applicable to laws and regulations of governments
    4. CBT/BCT being a government corporation shall cap and peg the Tabelidabi Ta with the Yohannesian Quertz Russling at a rate of Ta 3.05 to YQR 1.00
    5. Bank of Yohannes will be eligible to use our SECS subsidiary's services and produce credit cards through them. SECC is Secure Electronic Credit Services which is our credit card subsidiary and what we use as debit cards.
I would welcome the opportunity to accept your proposal with the following modification to the above terms, namely regarding;

• Submitted term number one. The Foreign Investment Office, and Head of the Fifty-Third Finance and Expenditure Committee, The Honourable John Goff Member of Parliament of Melonchurch, of His Majesty's Government have requested further clarification regarding the following sentence [quote] will co-operate with each other [end of quote], specifically the categories or variability of the following word [quote] co-operate [end of quote], and in what may or may not constitute as violation of the aforementioned condition.

• Submitted term number four. His Majesty's Minister of Finance, the Right Honourable Bill Scottish Member of Parliament of Eastland, has voiced the reservations of him and that of his ministerial chief executive, regarding the following sentence [quote] shall cap and peg the Tabelidabi Ta with the Yohannesian Quertz Russling [end of quote]. As the present incumbent of the seat of His Majesty's Government, the Labour Party has achieved the confidence of the electorate majority by putting into reality its campaign promise of shifting itself from certain economic policies adopted by the previous Social Democratic government, of which term number four of your proposal would fall upon. As such, and with deep regret, I request your second consideration of the aforementioned term.
I look forward to hearing from you to further discuss this agreement between the Central Bank of Tabelidab and the Bank of Yohannes.

Yours sincerely,
The Rt Hon Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan
Member of His Majesty’s Privy Council
Governor of the Bank of Yohannes
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:51 am

Yohannes wrote:
Dragvania wrote:Application Form [Investment]

OOC/out-of-character: I have noted down your interest to roleplay the Bank of Yohannes involving itself IC/in-character in your nation. Before agreeing to roleplay this with you as happening in the background (of our nations' existence), however, I want to ask the following:

1.) Do you roleplay with NS gameplay population or your own made up RP population? this will be important as it will connect to your Dragvanian National Arms manufacturing (quoting what you put down in your application hehe). I don't really want to deal with arms manufacturing stuff (unless I know the roleplayers well) as that is where most of the undesirables are (and have always been), but I don't mind connecting this bank to stuff like that if you can give me more details about your

Technology: tell me how advanced your technology is, to make it simple for you. Have you ever bought stuff from fictional storefronts in the Global Economics & Trade forum? And if you have bought stuff from these arms manufacturing storefronts, which storefronts? From there I can see how advanced you RP your nation as, and that in turn will be important considering you are inviting me to roleplay the Bank of Yohannes as investing in that section of your nation's storyline

2.) 100,000 NS/US$ won't do, sorry, too small an amount. Based from that alone I am tempted to reject your post and say 'no', but I more open-minded (and flexible) than that :p

3.) Why u want to have the Bank of Yohannes participating in your fictional nation's storyline. Why us? and not other fictional banks out there in the Global Economics and Trade forum

OOC: im around early FT, i mainly do arms manufacturing as a method for money but not to invade/destroy others although i must admit few attack massive industrial giants unless they are one themselves. I do not use NS gameplay pop because i am future tech as well as the fact i mostly use mechanized military units. I do not have a storefront but ADL (a group) may have a joint storefront for the entire league that may use my military products along with many others. As for the ADL well that actually mixes in my story line where my somewhat insane and power hungry General is seeking to gain control of the nation and technically he (and the military) are the only ones involved and it is unknown to my major leader right now. I asked for 100k because i could have swore that was what it said the max was but i likely mixed it up, I really wanted something like 100 billion or even trillions (though that seemed a unreasonably large first request) because if the ADL was to make a storefront i may be nearly 30-40% of their production facilities so i want to be able to realistically keep up with demand and not just say that my current facilities did it. I chose here because the other banks i saw offered loans not investments and i wanted a investment, you just happened to 1. seem like you know what your doing 2. be the first guy i saw offering investments.I will admit im still newer and learning the ropes in RP and i will accept any guidance you give me. Lastly i realize my request was terrible, i read that guide for storefront owners and customers and saw all my errors i just never got around to fixing it, I hope this explains what you need to know. anyway if you want me to resubmit altogether for IC purposes i will do so because after i read the guide i felt i did badly here, i guess i could use the practice to.
Last edited by Dragvania on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

British Hifax
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

ImageImage

To: The Bank of Yohannes

Let me introduce myself, I am the governor of the city of Princeton, the capital city of British Hifax, the city recently inaugurated its first financial center and still do not have many international companies.
We would like your bank come to our country and besides having a regional base in our city.
We already assign the building where you will be, all you have to do is fill out the application on our storefront.
Thank you very much.

ImageImage
Last edited by British Hifax on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P R I N C I P A D O....D E....H I F A X
Embassy Program | Royal Air | Principal Bank of Princetown | MoAA | Techint
M o n t e v i d e o , U r u g u a y

British Hifax
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Nation: British Hifax
Type of government: Principality
[Optional]Economic policy:-
[Optional]Foreign policy:-
P R I N C I P A D O....D E....H I F A X
Embassy Program | Royal Air | Principal Bank of Princetown | MoAA | Techint
M o n t e v i d e o , U r u g u a y

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Dragvania

Postby Yohannes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Dragvania wrote:OOC: im around early FT, i mainly do arms manufacturing as a method for money but not to invade/destroy others although i must admit few attack massive industrial giants unless they are one themselves.

Hi no need to explain what or why you roleplay your nation the way it is; we all have different way of fantasising about our make believe nations' stories in the fantasy world of NationStates, so just want to say firstly that you don't need to explain that you have seen the Guide of Customer something (forgot the last name but you put it in your post hehe) or that you are sorry for this and that

I am happy to have you involving your nation's storyline with the Bank of Yohannes :p

But for the sake of fairness and other things which are too long to explain, it would be best if we can both negotiate our way to put aside some things that we don't want to be included in this connection, at least as far as the connection between your nation and the Bank of Yohannes (and by extension your indirect connection with others who are connecting their nations' storylines with this institution)

Dragvania wrote:I do not use NS gameplay pop because i am future tech as well as the fact i mostly use mechanized military units.

I see. Would it be alright for me to (most) humbly ask for you to wave (throw) away certain part of that storyline (of your nation) so far as it concerns the Bank of Yohannes and those connected to us (now that you have expressed your interest to be included in our network). Nothing will change for you pretty much... but when you are involving yourself (or writing something relating to this bank or others connected to this institution), it would be lovely if I can ask you to moderate your nation to be more in line with real life countries of real life earth

Would that be okay with you?

If you have other suggestion that would probably be more suitable for you, please let me know

Dragvania wrote:I do not have a storefront but ADL (a group)

What's ADL? (I know its a group but if you can give more information that would be great... I thought it would be interesting as well to hear more about your nation's storyline here)

Dragvania wrote:As for the ADL well that actually mixes in my story line where my somewhat insane and power hungry General is seeking to gain control of the nation and technically he (and the military) are the only ones involved and it is unknown to my major leader right now.

I like this character. Maybe he can be a sort of corrupt dictator who are laundering away his ill-gotten $$$ in the Bank of Yohannes? Something that may interest you I feel. Also, just because we say this openly (in a OOC/out-of-character setting) does not mean that people can claim to know all of this information IC/in-character wise when they roleplay with you, so you don't have to worry about divulging/giving away too much information here

Dragvania wrote:I asked for 100k because i could have swore that was what it said the max was but i likely mixed it up,

Ya bro you have mixed it up eh, no hard number limit (but I ask for sensibility these days) as far as I am concerned. As an example, $100,000 is fine, but from the way you have explained everything it seems your fictional business (that you want us to invest in) is much larger than a small/medium enterprise. It sounds more like a kind of big corporation that I think wouldn't want to waste its time asking for a foreign (and distant at that) bank to invest only $100,000 considering the size of the money that you will have to throw to the legal and other number related firms to support the realisation of this deal (as in real life you have to consider these things), which considering the distance between our nation (and other related things) will probably be close to that $100,000 number already (your request for investment)

quite simply, it would not be worth it (inefficient) in my opinion (looking from a business perspective), but as military roleplayers are willing to forget about logistics of sending their navies across the world's multi regional oceans to another nation across the fictional world of NationStates, I am willing to go away with this one. Just something for you to consider though. Lawyers, agents, accountants supporting this deal will need to be paid, and from the way you are explaining away your corporation,it seems that these people will be the top of their professions in your (or my) nation. Gotta be expensive paying them for only a $100,000 investment :p

Dragvania wrote:I really wanted something like 100 billion or even trillions (though that seemed a unreasonably large first request) because if the ADL was to make a storefront i may be nearly 30-40% of their production facilities so i want to be able to realistically keep up with demand and not just say that my current facilities did it.

Ahh.. okay thats understandable eh, just something to consider though. My local supermarket invest more in its recent upgrade (and it's a very small supermarket) than the investment you are preparing to make (by borrowing the capital/money from us) for your arms manufacturing entity. Yes, anything above $1 trillion I would really look at long and hard at, but honestly anything below that would be fine. And I recently rebranded this thread as a freeform roleplaying thread, meaning that anything can be modified or waved away by both of us in the future. So no need to worry too much if you can't change the details later on eh

Dragvania wrote:I will admit im still newer and learning the ropes in RP and i will accept any guidance you give me.

Nothing biggie lol. I was way worse than you are (and new players nowadays who learn very fast provided they have the right people they are looking up to) back in 2010. I also don't have enough qualification to give you guidance beside anything fictional finance & banking related applied to the unique situation of NS fantasy RPing realms (and its demographics) sadly

If you are looking for military suggestions, I would humbly suggest going to the NationStates Military Realism thread here: [ click me ]

However, if you are looking for Future Technology related things, there is another thread that would suit your style much better than the above thread: [ click here ]

Dragvania wrote:Lastly i realize my request was terrible,

It was not. It was average application post really, not bad and not good just average hehe. And tbh I wouldn't blame you (not that I would anyway) considering the lack of right people who you can look up to at the Global Economics & Trade at the moment. I am not that good myself so I can't provide much help too sadly

Dragvania wrote:i read that guide for storefront owners and customers and saw all my errors i just never got around to fixing it,

Even if you have read those guides, I wouldn't expect anyone to do it right (or even close to right) at first go. None of the guides are really that good anyway (in a way of how you can turn that theoretical knowledge into practice), with the exception of probably two or three

Dragvania wrote:if you want me to resubmit altogether for IC purposes i will do so because after i read the guide i felt i did badly here, i guess i could use the practice to.

No need to resubmit, if you can just answer the questions I asked at the start of this post then that should be enough (and I can judge what information to gather). I hope I am not asking too much information regarding your In-character nation and related storylines that would be connected with this bank

Tabelidab
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tabelidab » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Recipient/Au: The Rt Hon Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan
Sender/De:CBT/BCT Vice-President Lini DuBoise on behalf of Joseph Glasser, President and Chairman of CBT/BCT
Subject/Content: Clarification and Modification of Terms

Thank you for Replying. President Glasser is unfortunately en route overseas to a conference and cannot use electronics on board the aircraft. The Board of Directors and the Treasurer have vested the deal making powers with me as of this time.

On the note of your first concern, co-operation is a liability term we put in to appease the legislature. The minority parties have expressed concern that despite a partnership and interlining Bank of Yohannes may conduct itself above formal investigations by the Revenue Collection Service or by the Treasurer. It is simply meant that if such an investigation of transactions or account holder is made, then Bank of Yohannes will co-operate with the authorities.

On the note of your second concern, whilst pegging can be placed off the table capping the exchange rate cannot be. We would like to peg and are assured the Yohannesian Quertz Russling will not be too affected by any policy changes; however this deal can be made at any time and we are not in such a rush to do it. We see pegging as a way to streamline exchanges. Capping though is meant to stabilize the fluctuation of value during interlined transactions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade