NATION

PASSWORD

Bretton Automotive (Closed)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 am

Nation's Name: The Mancunian Territories of Astholm
Head of state: Prime Minister Martin Goldsbrough
Type of Government: Individualist
Number of dealerships: 4
Stainbrough, South Yorkshire, Astholm (No.2)
Westerhill, Glasgow, Astholm (no.3)
Surbiton-on-Wair, South Lawden, Astholm (4)
Any information about taxes or rules in your nation: Taxes follow the British law on taxation. However, in Lawden, Astholm's capital city, and in Durham, up in the Northeast Astholm, 2.0-litre vehicles get discounts on tax - anything below 2.0 litres gets 20% less tax, so lower-powered versions of 2.0 cars sell well. One such example is the Renault Safrane 2.0e RT (2.0-litre/106bhp 4-cylinder petrol, the 106bhp is a "tax discount" special. This one has 1995cc instead of the regular 2.0 version's 2165cc)
Any special requests? Yes, we request that these be marketed under a different brand-name since Bretton is copyrighted to another manufacturer over here in Astholm. It is based in Bretton, South Yorkshire and is totally unrelated. We also ask if it is possible for you to launch a 2.0-litre version for tax reasons, to get discount-rate road-tax.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:14 am

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: The Mancunian Territories of Astholm

>Dealerships accepted. Firstly we would like to point that as a small and exclusive luxury car company we cant offer 2.0lt cars as our customers and we wouldnt be happy with it. Secondly as there is a problem with the name our company could have the name of Rosso Automotive in your nation...
Thank you

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:43 am

Another problem... Rosso is used by Alfa Romeo here, so that name's out.
I accept your decision on 2.0-litre engines; however, we would be interested to know your future product plans.

Also, for our nation, would it be acceptable with you if you used Nissan engines in one of your vehicles; we import Dongfeng-Nissan vehicles into Astholm with the permission of Nissan Motor Astholm (AST).

The engines in question are the Nissan VQ35DE engine (3.5 litre 290hp V6) as used in the current 2009-2011 Nissan Maxima (North America/Japan version). This engine is highly rated, and we believe it would make your vehicles even more popular than they already are. Motoring journalists the world over like this one. I have some bias here as my daily drive is a 2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 350Ti V6 saloon (rebadged Nissan Teana, my vehicle is imported from Australia, this is unrelated to the North American Nissan Maxima) but it would be a pleasure to see this excellent engine utilised in your vehicles.

I would be interested to know if your company would like to build cars in our nation; we have a manufacturer over here who would like to discuss this with you in detail.

Andrew Springthorp
Kilmurcote Automotive Astholm
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:01 am

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

>Then our company could be named Setimo Automotive in your nation. Im sorry but we will have to reject your offer. We say again that our company is based on exclusivity and luxury, and after almost all of our cars now are limited editions, so we wouldnt like to use Nissan engines as the level and our prestige could be damaged. Regarding our future plans we are working on a luxury sedan and some one-off models for good customers. Finally we will also have to reject, for now, the possibility of our cars beeing made in your country as they are made in limited numbers. It wouldnt be financially clever to spend money on a new factory. We are very honored that you show such a big interest on our vehicles and we are sorry that we cant forfill your requests, for now. We have expansion plans on the future so we will contact you then.
Thank you

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 am

How about if we call the vehicles under the FSK-Setimo brand name, and also, for our nation, please could we have a luxury saloon with V6 and V8 engines, plus the rest of the range as well.
I am a fan of your vehicles, and have driven one already. Over here your vehicles have a good reputation, and have been sold as grey import vehicles, that is, unofficially imported, but now we will sell them here.

Also, for the roadster, please can you offer V6 and V8 alternatives so buyers have a wider range - customisation of cars is a big thing here in the UKASTHOLM region.

I hope you appreciate this feedback.

Andrew Springthorp
On IIWiki

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am

How about if we call the vehicles under the FSK-Setimo brand name, and also, for our nation, please could we have a luxury saloon with V6 and V8 engines, plus the rest of the range as well.
I am a fan of your vehicles, and have driven one already. Over here your vehicles have a good reputation, and have been sold as grey import vehicles, that is, unofficially imported, but now we will sell them here.

Also, for the roadster, please can you offer V6 and V8 alternatives so buyers have a wider range - customisation of cars is a big thing here in the UKASTHOLM region.

I hope you appreciate this feedback.

Andrew Springthorp
On IIWiki

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:27 am

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

>Ok we could name our company in your nation FSK Setimo. The maximum we can do is to put some V8 engines in some of the units that are going to be sent to your nation. We remind you that in order to buy a Rosso SuperSports or a Sezan Limited Edition you must form a special application...
Thank you

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 am

How do we file this special application?

Andrew Springthorp
On IIWiki

Port de sol
Civil Servant

Founded: May 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Port de sol » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Port De Sol Royal Palace
We would like to order 10 Bretton Boulevard SuperSaloons and 3 Bretton Setimo Roadsters for the royal family personal use.
Signed,
Jeorge Philip, Royal Palace Secretary

Vortiaganica
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vortiaganica » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:32 pm

We are surprised by the addition of your new salon.

It thrills us no end. We would (already) like to replace our current presidential car with this one.

Nation's Name: The Benevolent Dictatorship of Vortiaganica
Buyer's Name (e.c. King Teo IV): Siam Meow, Dictator of Vortiaganica
Colour of your car (The body of your car can also be made completely out of carbon fiber or Stainless steel): A special request must be made for this. Paint to cover a car of this calibre needs to be very special. We are prepared to pay extra for this.
Colour of the Interior Leather/ Alcantara (e.c. Black Alcantara-White leather):Black.
Any special requests? If possible, it needs to be stronger than normal. Capable of carrying our dicator through anything from the highway to a alleyway in a warzone. It is preferable that even the bulletproof windows are beefed up a little. Also, the paint must be something special. Something that will...impress the masses?

We also need to purchase one more of your supercars, to provide extra support in case something goes wrong with this work of art.

Buyer's Name (e.c. King Teo IV): Siam Meow, Dictator of Vortiaganica
Colour of your car (The body of your car can also be made completely out of carbon fiber or Stainless steel): A deep (vvverry deep, dark) purple
Colour of the Interior Leather/ Alcantara (e.c. Black Alcantara-White leather):Black Alcantara
Any special requests? If possible, it needs to be stronger than normal. Capable of carrying our dicator through anything from the highway to a alleyway in a warzone. It is preferable that even the bulletproof windows are beefed up a little.

We assure you, these may be a very large order, but we can pay for it. Siam Meow has been saving up.
Last edited by Vortiaganica on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grim Reaper in Disguise

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Siam Meow, Dictator of Vortiaganica

>Yes we indeed have added a luxury sedan in our line-up. The next time we present a model we will inform you via telegram. Regarding the paint we have some proposals: a) Rainforced stainless steel (You can choose the colour of it)/ b) A special paint made out of swarovski crystals/ c) cover the body with silver. Choose on of those or you could ask for something else. Then we will be happy to enforce the alredy armored car in order to make it rocket and fire resistant. We could also stich your flag and the name of your Dictator in the seats. Though we are obligued to inform you that the cost will get higher...
Thank you

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Jeorge Philip, Royal Palace Secretary

>We will be happy to make 10 Bretton Boulevards and 3 Setimo Roadsters for the Royal Family of Port De Sol. We will stich your flag in the seats of all the Boulevard as you requested. The 10 Boulevards will be delivered to you in 2.5 months. The 3 Setimo roadsters will be delivered to you in 3 months. We will personally send them to you by plane...
Thank you

Vortiaganica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vortiaganica » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:54 pm

>Yes we indeed have added a luxury sedan in our line-up. The next time we present a model we will inform you via telegram. Regarding the paint we have some proposals: a) Rainforced stainless steel (You can choose the colour of it)/ b) A special paint made out of swarovski crystals/ c) cover the body with silver. Choose on of those or you could ask for something else. Then we will be happy to enforce the alredy armored car in order to make it rocket and fire resistant. We could also stich your flag and the name of your Dictator in the seats. Though we are obligued to inform you that the cost will get higher...
Thank you

-----------------

We would like to order our luxury sedan with the swarovski crystal paint, and with the reinforcement. The stitching of the flag is not required, but we would like the name 'Siam Meow' stitched into its seats.

What will the price be for all of this? (G2g, I'll give you an RP reply later, but it will be yes)

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Siam Meow, Dictator of Vortiaganica

>Ok we will stich that name on the seats using diamonds. The Swarovski paint is extremely complicated and it will take 2 months to be done so the car will be delivered to you in 4 months -We hope you dont mind-...
TOTAL:6.000.000 Euros

Thank you
Last edited by Monte Mare on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Modern Holland
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Holland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am

Greetings,
As a new nation we would like to make some orders for our Royal family. So:
-1 Bretton Sazan Limited Edition (Grey)
-1 Bretton Rosso Supersports (Red)
-25 Bretton Boulevard supersaloon (10 in black, 10 in white and 5 in grey)
-25 Bretton Caccia Lusso ( 20 in grey and 5 in beige)
We would like to know the price of all that please.

Thank you, Marion Manage/ Royal Family secretary

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:55 am

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Marion Manage/ Royal Family secretary (Modern Holland)

>We are honoured to have chosen our company to provide vehicles for the Royal Family of Modern Holland. We will prepare the vehicle in the colours you have requested and we will send them to you by plane. The mass delivery of your vehicles will be done in 4.5 months as they have to be prepared...
TOTAL:32.000.000 Euros (We reduce 2 millions from the bill as you are a new nation...)
Thank you

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Tag
Last edited by Monte Mare on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Modern Holland
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Holland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 pm

The money will be wired tomorrow to your company.
Thank you

Vortiaganica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vortiaganica » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Greetings again to our friends at Bretton.

You consistently manage to meet and exceed our expectations of you.

We would like to purchase five (5) of your hunting breaks.

Buyer's Name (e.c. King Teo IV): King Siam Meow
Colour of your car (The body of your car can also be made completely out of carbon fiber or Stainless steel): Carbon fibre for four of them, and cameo for one.
Colour of the Interior Leather/ Alcantara (e.c. Black Alcantara-White leather): Black leather for all five cars.
Any special requests? We would like to replace the racks in the carbon fibre cars with specialized gun racks, as opposed to wine-and-gun racks. If possible, the cameo car should be strengthened, and given a little more space for carrying guns, wine or our trophies.

We'd also like to CONFIRM our order for the Sazan sedan at 6,000,000.

We'd like to inquire about your existing dealerships in Vortiaganica. What cars do they currently offer?
Last edited by Vortiaganica on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Dictatorship of Vortiaganica

>The cars you order will be prepared as you wish and will be delivered to you in 5 months. We assure you that there is enough space for guns or tropheys on the wooden case fitted on the boot of the cars. And if you excuse me i will like to correct you, the car you requested for your leader is called Boulevard SuperSports not Sezan sedan (Altough you could buy a Sezan Limited Edition, only 4 of them remain unsold...) Our dealerships there will offer for now the Setimo Roadster and the Boulevard SuperSaloon, and we will send there some Caccio Lusso shooting breaks for your people to see (Every nation will get 25 of them yearly). We will add more models to our catalog soon so we will send them automatically to the dealers in your nation. Lastly would you like a one-off model made for your leader, exclusively???
Thank you

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm

TO: Bretton Automotive
FROM: Vittorio Garabaldi, Private Secretary to the Sovereign
RE: Commission For a Custom Automobile (State Limousine)

To Our Esteemed Friends At Bretton Automotive:

It has come to the attention of His Royal Majesty King Raphael, that Bretton Automotives produces some of the finest luxury vehicles in the international market. HRM The King is very happy with his latest purchases and is eagerly waiting the upcoming Bretton Automotive models for the 2010-2011 Year. Due to Bretton Automotive's impeccable service and quality automobiles, His Royal Majesty King Raphael I of San Pellegrino Romana would like to commission a custom state car. The vehicle should be of a sedan, coupé, or limousine style. The said vehicle should include the latest technological advancements within the cabin (Wi-Fi, iPod chargers, etc..), to achieve maximum comfort for its prestigious users. Finally, it should be asthetically pleasing, while at the same time functional. HRM Majesty The King would like to commission 4 of these vehicles, with the availability to purchase more in the future. Also, these should be one-off vehicles made only for and sold only to the Royal Family of San Pellegrino Romana. On behalf of His Royal Majesty The King, I put my utmost faith and trust in Bretton Automotive to produce yet another masterpiece.

Thank you,

Vittorio Garabaldi,

Private Secretary to the Sovereign
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:01 am

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Vittorio Garabaldi, Private Secretary to the Sovereign

>We are honored to be chosen as the company that will make your nation's state car. We will start immediatly working on it and we can tell you it will be one of our most detailed works. We can also assure you that it is going to be one of the safest cars ever built. We will tell you the rest of the info and the price of the project later...
Thank you

Manade
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Manade » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Greetings,
We will need 10 Bretton setimo roadsters, 10 Bretton Caccia Lusso and 10 Bretto Boulevards for our president and his family. Send us the facture, we have money and we will pay you as soon as we know the sum.

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Bretton Automotive
Sales Department

To: Nation of Manade

>We will make all the cars you requested and we will send them to you by plane in 5 months (They are handmade so it takes long to be made)...
TOTAL:14.900.000 Euros
Thank you
Last edited by Monte Mare on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Manade
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Manade » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:08 pm

The money has already been wired to your company´s account. We will make more orders in the future.
Thank you

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade